Speaker 1: What are empty calories?
Speaker 2: Empty calories are drinking alcohols taking one bite of cereal six different times for two different episodes.
Speaker 1: Empty calories. They're actual calories?
Speaker 2: No, no meaning you wasted them. You wasted like two hundred calories.
Speaker 1: Whole life is a waste of calories.
Speaker 3: It's to guys with us bone just a bollet his food. The review is there the wheels for you? What is Scott gonna say? What's Andrew gonna say? Well, there's cereals are just okay? It's guys with us bom just a bat to'll be arguing about practice.
Speaker 2: What do they know?
Speaker 3: There are ready with all that post and you get to hear that's like, bet.
Speaker 1: You hello Andrew, Oh hi Scott, welcome back to the big city.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Gotta be here Andrew by my side. It's Serial Killers, episode one thirty nine. Welcome to September. It's Friday, September fourth.
Speaker 2: And Scott's rocking a I give up on life.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, we gotta understand. I kind of roll out of bed at three fifty two every morning it's dark. I just kind of put on whatever. Usually I lay my clothes out the night before, but not today.
Speaker 2: I've never seen you wear sweat shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just wearing gym shorts and it's much easier to tie than button, you know, so I just I tied today. I'm wearing a gym shun tie them, some flip flops, yeah, and a nineteen ninety five silver chair Zer one hundred shirt.
Speaker 2: And boxers because when you lift it up your shirt, you're wearing your Yeah, they look like Parture tam Man Child boxers.
Speaker 1: They're Abercrombie. Man, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Cool even more manchild.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you like going in Tabercrombie don't? Don't. Don't do it make that heppy with anything? Stun don't don't.
Speaker 1: It makes me feel skinny and young. But I also can't stand the smell because they spray colone on everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know when you missed the that Abercrombie has not hip and cool, but that train sailed or sorry, rode off into the sunset. That's fine twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying it makes me feel young and skinny going in there, seeing all the you know, thin models. Okay, all right, can we go and eat because I need to get into some shorts. What You're already in your shorts, I know, but I need to untie them. So let's eat.
Speaker 2: This is your eating outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was not happy with the scale this morning, but you know, it is what it is, as they say. So this episode is going to be called new and improved.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I already can tell what's happening, what it's going to be like when you brought out the uh what was the last cereal?
Speaker 1: We did the Cookie Crisp, but with the thirty percent more ches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be all cereals we already tried, but they say on the box it's new and improved.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and you know what, I also didn't have time for today that I was going to do. You could have made it much easier for me, but still haven't done it. I was going to go back on the cereal list.
Speaker 2: I gotta get that website up.
Speaker 1: And you've been saying that since ten episode go.
Speaker 2: Well, technically it's September and I did say it would be done by the end of August. So oh, it's up online now why don't you just go check it? Scott?
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 2: Serial KILLERSPC dot com O?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go check it right now. Oh, So what I was saying is I really wish I could have looked. I just think I took us off the air. I really wish I could have looked to see the ratings that we gave these cereals originally.
Speaker 2: Well you can at serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, So I got a package from Post Consumer Brands about a week ago. You know, all these serial influencers get boxes from them. Although they did skip us on the Dunkin Cereal and I don't know why.
Speaker 2: But it's okay because Duncan took over, like was more in charge of that one.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with it. The name is just licensed, that's all. It is, just like the cereal that I'm about to pull out of the cereal sack.
Speaker 2: I already can see it. You didn't really have to pull anything.
Speaker 1: It is reintroduced from Post Chips Ahoy Cereal.
Speaker 2: I remember we didn't really love this one.
Speaker 1: Right, we didn't, and perhaps that's why they reformulated it. It says new cookie Cereal flavor, love it or it's free. You know who else uses that line? Maultimeal that's right, also made by posts very good Andrew, you've learned something.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we did this cereal with Gandhi a few episodes. Well we did a cookie yeah, back in the beginning.
Speaker 1: We did a cookie episode and was this and it was the other cookie crisp and some other maybe cookie cookie type cereal. So here's all the paperwork that we got from Post and they give us little recipes. You can make chips of hoy cereal mini ice cream sandwiches. That sounds like fun. Hello, they're cereal, lover, I'm not going to read the whole.
Speaker 2: Love, I'm sorry, but those cereal very little are not big. How small is the cereal?
Speaker 1: You're just appetizers. They're appetizers and you use a tiny little DEMI, what is that spoon called the really little teaspoon? Not a teaspoon, it's a really little.
Speaker 2: Right, almost like the one that used to crack an egg like a fancy fresh restaurant, sure French, not fresh. Yeah, the one. You know, it's like in a little you get an egg and you have to like tap it to open it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's what it's for.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, because they make the actual tray for an egg that you open up. Okay, do you not know what I'm talking about. People even eat hard boiled eggs out of it sometimes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's not what I'm talking about. It's a tiny little.
Speaker 2: Spoon, I know. But that same tiny little spoon is also used to crack eggs open. Oh. I don't know why this is stressful to you. I'm just explaining, Oh my god, your butt crack is why hanging out? All right? So a lot of fresh air happening over there, and because of that, we're gonna use one percent milk today because I'm trying to stay fit and trim. You texted me earlier saying you gave up exercising. Well, you know, it's too hot to ride my bike? Is that what happens when you're forty three forty four through? I did get a sweet new bike from Priority Bikes. Uh, there is company in the city here. And I won the bike from iHeartMedia. Wow.
Speaker 1: You know what do they call that? The like the entertainment team nowstays the party team.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I entered and I won it. I'm very Excited's priority of bicycles I'm having to put together right now. I'm gonna ride nice good for you. I mean, I do have my Shwin from nineteen ninety seven that I've been riding for I don't know, thirty plus years. Still works, But new bike nw me.
Speaker 2: You're gonna ride it to dairy Queen? Who are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Dairy Queen's a little far. Maybe I'll ride it to Wendy's. All right, let's go one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: This is good. I don't think we had the same reaction to the other one.
Speaker 2: No, this tastes like old cookie crisp. Yeah, I'll give you that, and I like it. Yeah, I give his four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: This tastes like Ralston cookie crisp. What's Ralston? Right?
Speaker 2: You said it, not me?
Speaker 1: Well, it was you saying it. I was saying it as you because you were gonna say it. Okay, do we have the old one? I'm just looking at the Cereal vault.
Speaker 2: It's not a vault, it is. It's a shelf. It's a disgusting shelf with old, stale cereal. When are you gonna let it go? Take the high school ring off, let your cereal babies go. Yeah, we don't have the old one because it was you know, maybe it's not on the shelf. Maybe it's in the stack of cereal you have in the corner.
Speaker 1: No, that's all newer stuff. Okay, I'm also gonna get four balls in a spoon. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, that was good.
Speaker 1: I guess we don't have to get it for free because we love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Highly recommend the new post original chips a hoy Cereal New and Approved. Yeah, delicious.
Speaker 1: I might make cookie ash cream sandwiches with them later.
Speaker 2: Have a great time with that. When you spoon out like a small serving of ice cream, a dollop of ice cream, you can't even dollop it.
Speaker 1: No, you need to use the demispoon. Is that what it's called? Can you look it up?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Can you do something? You're on your phone constantly? Can you just look like looking?
Speaker 2: If I picked up my phone to look up what the spoon was called before you announced that I could, you would have been like, uh, here we go, well taking out your phone. Yes, it's a demi spoon. Yay.
Speaker 1: So I was trolling around the aisle yesterday in the supermarket because I needed more than one new and improved cereal. So I found another with a little banner on the front of it. This one says now with more real cocoa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you could also use this for eggs. No oh no, no, no horn spoons.
Speaker 1: Those are the bigger ones. Man horn spoon, the demispoon. If you put an egg on it, that would be like a balancing contest like at field Day.
Speaker 2: You don't put the egg on the spoon. What the egg comes and it's a little silver thing and it holds the egg.
Speaker 1: I know what an egg holder looks like. And you go tick tick with the spoon.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then why were you going to egg competition on a spoon? I don't Kellogg's chocolate frosted flakes now with more real cocoa.
Speaker 1: Andrew, look how excited Tony is great? It is great.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know if I liked this one chocolate frosted flakes of corn de mais.
Speaker 1: You love that?
Speaker 2: I do like when you say things like that.
Speaker 1: So more cocoa is always good, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be uh interesting.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact. Oh m, it smells quite cocoly.
Speaker 2: After this episode?
Speaker 1: Are we going to do like weight Watchers?
Speaker 2: No, that's for you. I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, sorry, ww go on.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, like, are we doing any not old rehash ceials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the next episode, Okay, go ahead. When we get an episode one.
Speaker 2: Great, I can't wait until we start getting into the two hundreds because then it'll be the Scotti's Weights episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some funny stuff. So you know, it's because we're on still vacation this week. Today's the last day of vacation for us. So I just figured instead of doing the replay of episode two, which I think we should still do because people want to hear it, because you can't figure out how to get a backup on the platforms. I don't know why, So we're just going to do the new and improved episode. So's it's kind of lazy, but not so much because we're actually doing stuff. If that makes sense now I get it. Yeah, you didn't even want to come in today. You blew me off multiple times this week.
Speaker 2: Shut you're multiple I wanted. I try to reschedule to Friday, and you go tentatively, just tentatively that means yes. And so then you message me on Thursday night saying see you tomorrow, pal. Ye've never followed up, and then I said, uh, okay, can we just do Monday because We're already ahead several episodes, and I was going to come in next week anyway to help you record.
Speaker 1: Are you speaking?
Speaker 2: I am speaking, so some of these if you actually open up your ears, you'd be able to hear me.
Speaker 1: Some of these flakes are not completely codd, which I find strange. If there's more cocoa.
Speaker 2: You're cereallessly obsessed.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: You gave me too many. I take one bite of the cereal. Why do you give me so much to waste?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it tastes like there's more coco, it tastes like a different kind of coco.
Speaker 2: Oh mam, math club you think so mm hmm hu I like it. That's really gub. I'm gonna give us four balls.
Speaker 1: See and I kind of disagree. That'sh The lushas kind of disagree. I don't love it. I do. I wish this one was love it or it's free, but I bought that one. I give it three bowls.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now Here out of the Cereal vault is chocolate frosted flakes with marshmallows. Okay, but I'm wondering if like the flakes.
Speaker 2: You know it's going to be stale. Why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: It's good until August thirty. First, dude, that was last week.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how disgusting?
Speaker 1: Put your hand out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to try old.
Speaker 1: It's not old. Put your hand out.
Speaker 2: It's soggy. You're right because for some reason the cereal turns soggy.
Speaker 1: Don't crunch you. I don't know. I like to coco on the old one better.
Speaker 2: No, I like this new one.
Speaker 1: Well to each his own, as they say, yes, what wasn't even mean?
Speaker 2: Different strokes like different?
Speaker 1: Oh, different strokes? Now the world don't move different drum different might ride for you, not be ride for some A man is bored. He's a man of means.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to take you to the bike shop. Oh you're surprised I knew that episode. Huh cut you off guard.
Speaker 1: It's only because I had mentioned it once before.
Speaker 2: No, I know the bike episode. Everybody knows the bike episode. Are you an Adelaide or a Pearl? Okay that I don't know what you're talking exactly, so weird.
Speaker 1: Adelaide was the original Maid cool, and then Pearl took over great, and then Sam came and messed everything up.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Who Sam?
Speaker 2: Seriously, who is saying the.
Speaker 1: Little redhead kid? We got one more. I scoured the aisles for new and approved stuff Goward, and I found another one that had a thing on it that said stuff. Yeah, I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack and grab it.
Speaker 2: Oh, corn pops?
Speaker 1: You love color pops?
Speaker 2: Corn pop?
Speaker 1: What does that say?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 1: Andrew?
Speaker 2: Crunchy sweetness?
Speaker 1: More crunchy sweetness. I'm in And you couldn't think that it would get any sweeter?
Speaker 2: Is that even possible? I, to be honest, don't think it's that sweet.
Speaker 1: No, how come here, it's just corn pops. And it doesn't say mayse pops on this one.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh down here cereal day maise end duel zodough great, Yeah, I mean sweetened corn cereal.
Speaker 2: I mean that doesn't have as much of a zing to it.
Speaker 1: Look, they got a rock band on the back as a whole thing going on. I like this. There's lots of things to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kellogg's I feel like always has good boxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know I took a trip to Battle Creek one time. Oh boy here I was a consultant on their box art.
Speaker 2: Great Yeah, anybody consulting you for anything should be very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Now these look a bit darker than the original pop because they're cooked. Gotta have them pops cooked with more sugar. They're not cooked baked, thank you deep fried. I think they're popped, right. I wonder if they actually scott they're not real corn?
Speaker 2: Well, I would be inter I'm sure I could find it on TikTok. What how they make corn pops?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a machine that spits them out.
Speaker 2: No, but like, I'm sure there's someone who's like, I'm going to show you how to make homemade corn pops.
Speaker 1: Now here's the cool thing. I got an original old box. What you just rolled your eyes so big? I want I want you to be able to taste the difference. Okay, so I got this gas station package of the old ones. No, they do look the same. It was my theory out the window. But we're gonna have to try both of them.
Speaker 2: Differences troops, difference troops, oh Scrookes, and different strokes.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't end like that. It's through the world ready more sweet crunchiness.
Speaker 2: Corn pop classic four balls. There's nothing sweet more sweet about it. They're delicious corn pops and they get five balls.
Speaker 1: Let's try this one just for S and g's. Let's try this one.
Speaker 2: Look back, what's s and G's and giggles? Oh you have to bleep the S word?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just did.
Speaker 2: Otherwise then I have to mark this podcast episode is explicit.
Speaker 1: Now we don't do that.
Speaker 2: This is a family friendly podcast.
Speaker 1: Try that one, Try the old one, and then try the new one again. Ready old I would say the new ones actually are sweeter. I don't taste that, I do, I do.
Speaker 2: No, they're the same thing.
Speaker 1: I think the new one's a little sweeter.
Speaker 2: Okay, I disagree. Okay, they taste the same. It's the same cereal. I don't be afraid that it says more sweetness.
Speaker 1: How about I read the sugar content?
Speaker 2: I mean, sure, go for it.
Speaker 1: The old one total sugars six grams and added sugars twelve percent. Let's see here sugars on the new one. God, they don't make it easy to read. They don't want you to know.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to help you?
Speaker 1: No? Total sugars fifteen grams. There's more. There's a lot more sugar in here.
Speaker 2: That's almost scary. A sweeter Well, wait, We also have to keep in mind the size of that is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the serving size is probably the same. Let's say serving size twenty one grams. I can't read it. It's in so many languages.
Speaker 2: Can I just look at the box for you.
Speaker 1: Serving size forty grams? Yeah, so it's manie one or two grams more of it. That's a big math problem. I can't deal with it.
Speaker 2: You really can't double the number. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. I hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you listening back Monday with an all new episode and an all new cereal.
Speaker 2: Please tell me you're not homeschooling your children.
Speaker 1: Well, what's going to happen is school is going to open this week. Yeah, and everyone's going to go back for a week, and then all the schools are going to get shut down.
Speaker 2: Please tell me you're not homeschooling your field.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to, but I have my feeling that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: God. The fact that you could not double a number scares me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't double. It was a much different serving size.
Speaker 2: It was twenty one. No was the serving size. The other one was forty, so you just double it.
Speaker 1: No, that's not double dude, there's another digit there, twenty one double is forty two not forty? Yes?
Speaker 2: And what was the serving size on that one? I care O?
Speaker 1: Good weekend it? Oh my es. Listen to us. You see you're making me crazy. Please like us and subscribe to us and follow us serial Killers PC. Oh, how's the website, Andrew serial Killers PC.
Speaker 2: Serial KILLERSPC dot com. Go check it out, check out all the reviews. You can search for your our old cereals. And if you're in the io, you could be like, oh my god, did they do it? Go to serial KILLERSPC dot com you could check it out right there.
Speaker 1: If it's not done, I would like you to blow up Andrew please for the Lord Andrew and all the children. Do not do that, Andrew Pug on Instagram and Twitter. Blow it up. If it's not done yet, please listen.
Speaker 2: Whenever anybody now is going to say where's the list? Yeah, you're going to get redirected to serial KILLERSPC dot com. Because when I did the list the first time, everyone said it was too hard to read and they did not like it.
Speaker 1: What kind of stupid thing was that?
Speaker 2: You're an awful human. Was it your mean, your belittle and this episode can end now? Crunch crunch, Wow, the milk is great, and the great shut up.