Speaker 1: Welcome to episode number one forty five of the Marine Layer podcast. It's our mailbag episode. We'll answer your guys's best mailbag questions and we'll close out the show what's speak your mind.
Speaker 2: This show's brought to you by Pagotcha's Pub eighty five, your go to spot in Kirkland to have a great time with your friends watch the games. All Star weeks coming up. You want a spot to go watch you want to watch the home run Derby, Head over there and you'll get some great food and drink specials while you're at it too if you go during Happy hour. Happy Hour specials are three and four dollars drinks on Monday through Friday from two to six pm. So all of that great food, great drinks, fun time with your friends, great place to watch them games. It's over at Pagatcha's Pub eighty five in Kirkland. And before we start the show, here's your reminder make sure to download these podcast episodes. If you're listening, you're doing us a big favor if you do, leave a five star review, leave a written review. If you're watching on YouTube, like, comment and subscribe and then follow us on social media. We're on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube shorts at marine Layer Pod.
Speaker 1: Let's get it rolling and we welcome you to this episode of the Marine Layer Podcast, part of the Just Baseball podcast network, Recording Thursday afternoon, July eleventh, post series from the Padres series down in San Diego, and it was nice to see the Mariners had one of their best offensive performances of the season in Game one, and then they had a more normal Mariners offensive outing in Game two and still managed to win both games. And now Lyle the Mariners are setting themselves up with a pretty good chance to go into the break underratedly Hot, Is that too optimistic of a take or do we need to be negative again?
Speaker 2: No, it's not too optimistic, because if you win both games against the Padres, which they did, and then you win three or four against the Angels, that's winning five of your final six going into the break, and that's a good stretch, even if it's against what is mostly an serious org in the Los Angeles Angels. You take wins where you take wins, they all count the same. Now, to your point about the polar opposite days against the Padres, I feel like there's probably some correlation to that, Maybe maybe not. The starting pitchers that were on the mound each day for the Padres ak one that's basically a triple A starter and another that's had a really good year in Michael King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say so, And let's say Julio's days epitomized both of those. Julio dominated on Tuesday. That was good to see. He had his best offensive game of the year, second four hit game of the season, first game with four hits and multiple extra base hits this year is what he should probably be doing a lot more often. And he turns around on Wednesday and as a sombrero, So it's a start.
Speaker 2: It's a start. Wasn't it a golden sombrero. Wasn't it for straw?
Speaker 1: It was a golden sombrero for strikeouts? Yeah? But hey, one golden sombrero and one best offensive game of the season is better than two bad offensive games, So you know, we'll take it.
Speaker 2: This is true. Look, the Mariner swept the series, two game series, but they swept it against the team that's in a playoff spot right now. In the Padres. You'll take your wins where you can get them. Hopefully, this sparks something. Is it guaranteed to spark something. No, we're probably gonna need to see what that Astro series looks like out of the break to really gauge what this team could look like moving forward. But still, you take your wins where you can take your wins. There are fifty wins this year, a lot faster than they were in twenty twenty three, so that's another good sign. And if you want to stay on the positives here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I was gonna say shatout Jorge Polanco and why this is such an important stretch for him is because this is this upcoming series against the Angels is the last series where the front office isn't tied down essentially with something else or the draft. They're tied down with the draft. The drafts on Sunday, and that's very important to them, especially organization like the Mariners, which has done such a great job drafting, and this big reason why they're so successful. Right now, it's not one hundred percent on Joge Plonko's mind. He wants to play well no matter what, but he the Maritors will be more active with moves once the draft is over, and Jerry Depoto and Justin Hollander can put their full effort on this current roster opposed to drafting their future one, which is why it was probably important for Jorge Plonco to have a really good series in San Diego. I don't even know if him having an insane four games set against the Angels will save him. I feel like his fate for the most part, has already decided based on the first ninety or so games of the season. But it wouldn't hurt it certainly wouldn't hurt now later more than ever to break out and start hitting like we know he used to be able to hit, because I'm sure the Mariners would much rather players on their own roster play significantly better and impact the offense rather than having to go dish out some of these prospects they really don't want to trade. So it's a start. Does it continue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I wouldn't say Jorge Polanco's totally dead. I'm not saying he's in a great spot. But if we get close to the trade deadline and he's still hitting well and the Mariners still haven't acquired a second baseman, they may not do it. They may not go get a second basement. They may stick with Polanco. Now, he's really gonna have to show signs. Some of the power is gonna have to come back. Strikeouts are gonna have to go down, He's gonna have to consistently make real contact with the ball, all that stuff. But if he really has a good month of July, the Mariners may say, Okay, let's shift our focus to going and getting outfielders. Let's go get outfielders. Let's potentially get a reliever. Christian Walker's out there. That's another potential option for a rental. We've talked about first base. Potentially. If Polanco really hits, they may say we can focus on other spots. Now. I don't think anybody's banking on the fact that Polanco's gonna get hot, but we'll see. I wouldn't say he is totally dead in the water again. I would not say he's in a great spot. I would say these next two weeks are extremely important for him.
Speaker 1: Would you say so? If not dead in the water, Even though he had a really good two games in San Diego, his starting spot now is probably not guaranteed. There are many people after the off day on Monday saying, well, Jorge Plunko probably shouldn't be starting anymore. And I think that's totally fair and I was in that boat as well. Now his starts will probably be a little bit more mixed, but totally on the bench. Like, say they start him tonight, we don't have the lineup yet, Say they start him tonight on Thursday, that idea for now would probably falter for Scott Service, like, well, if he's gonna continue to hit, we might as well leave him in the lineup, because it's been pretty evident they don't really trust Bliss, at least not at this point. Is development at the plate consistently and they would rather that be Jorge Plunker. So there's some things to juggle. They're gonna ride his hot hand, not certainly not benching him until they're forced to do otherwise, right.
Speaker 2: I think in conclusion, the month of is gonna be extremely crucial for Jorge Polanco, and especially these next two weeks. If he can prove that he can have a real turnaround second half, maybe the Mariners will stick with him. If not, they'll probably go out and get somebody. I think that's I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 1: So does he need to have a good game, you think, like every single day, all the Angel series, then all the Astro series as well, to avoid any of that, because if he goes out there tonight and has three strikeouts and looks terrible again at the plate, people are gonna want him right back there on the bench.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he has to have a three hit night every night, but he's gonna have to have good series after good series. He's gonna have to look back at the end of each series and say, yeah, I was a contributing factor in the offense. I made an impact. Nobody gets a two to three hit night every night. But he is going to have to string together some good games consecutively. I think that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, he might need to based on how bad he was the first three months, lost a lot of ground.
Speaker 2: See right, Yeah, there's still some time before the deadline. There's about three weeks, so I think I think there's still some times for some time for things to play out, especially considering the trade deadline and the moves that get made at the trade deadline seem to get pushed further and further back every year. So if the trade deadline doesn't really get crazy, till forty eight hours before. That gives Jorge Polonko a lot more time. If it starts early this year, it may not, but if it's the former, we may see Jorge Polonco get a lot of playing time until August first to see can this truly turn around or is this just not gonna work?
Speaker 1: We'll have to see.
Speaker 2: That's right. Okay, Before we get to our mailbag, I want to give everybody a quick little programming update for next week's show. So we've talked about TJ and I are going to be in Dallas. We're going All Star Week. We're fired up about it. We'll probably talk about that a little more later in the show, but we're gonna have a little bit of a change for this upcoming week and when we release our podcast, especially with the All Star break going on. So instead of Wednesday and Friday this week, we're gonna put out an episode Monday and then a normal episode Friday. Monday's episode will be probably a somewhat short one, but it'll be all about the Mariner's first round draft pick. It'll be about whoever the Mariner's select in the first round. We're going to do a dive into him, who the player is, what he can bring to the table, and kind of our instant reactions to the pick. That'll be out first thing Monday morning, after the draft Sunday night, So that'll be Monday, and then Friday we'll recap All Star Week and we're also planning, at least as of now, to have Joe Doyle on with us to recap the entirety of the draft and break down a bunch of the Mariner's picks with us so we can get some expert insight from him. So Monday Friday, those are when the podcast are coming out this week. After that it'll be back to normal.
Speaker 1: Let's get into our mail bag now. We got a lot of good questions here in this meal bag, covering a variety of topics, So let's start off on YouTube. Make sure I have the name right. Kalem Mow on YouTube sends us this question. I'd love to get your guys' thoughts on why you think Scott continues to you Mitch Hanneger as a lefty masher, including pinch hitting.
Speaker 2: I almost want to turn this back to you because you texted me as we're doing prep for this show and said, have you seen some of the other Mariners bats against left handed pitching.
Speaker 1: So let's so let's cover that. So let's start with Mitch Hanneger himself as a lefty master. Because this is why this question was burned. Why does Scott Servis use Mitch Hanneger as a lefty masher When Mitch Hanneger this season has a seventeen WRC plus against lefties, not one seventeen seventeen, meaning that is eighty three percent below league average against left handers. That's not very good. Now here's an idea. Let's start based off of Mitch's past. Mitch in is passed in twenty twenty two, is last season with the Mariners. In his last somewhat healthy season, had a won twenty WRC plus against lefties, and twenty twenty one one, Mitch Hanneger had a one forty eight WRC plus against lefties. So there's a bit of a track record that Scott Servis wants to go off of in hopes that Mitch Hanneger hits better against lefties. The problem is, for Scott's sake, he doesn't have much else to go off of when looking at right handed bats to fates lefties or left handed, we'll get to start with the righty's and then we'll go to lefties. In terms of outfielders, the Mariners have available to them to hit against lefties, so let's run through the other right handed hitting outfielders. Julio's playing every day no matter what, so that doesn't even matter what he does against lefties because he has to play anyways. Victor Roebliss has played well in his small sample as a Seattle Mariner, but it's not like he's crushed lefties in his career. Is a one zero three career WRC plus against lefties. Not amazing, not not terrible, but not great. So there's no over the top inclination to play Victor Roebliss over Mitch Hanneger against lefties. You can make the case, especially right now based on how Hanniger's hitting, but career wise, there's no real incentive for him to do that. And Dylan Moore, out of the seventy six games he's played this season, has only played nineteen in the outfield, so saying he should be a realistic option to replace Hanneger in the outfield as this roster is currently constructed is not not what Scott how Scott Servis wants to roll at this point. So remember seventy six games, nineteen games he's played in leftfield, not even right field, left field for Dylan Moore. And yeah, Demo's hit against lefties, but they've needed Demo on the infield more than they've needed him in the outfield this season. So that's why he's not the option or place it Now, what about the lefties, because this question frames well, guys like Luke Rayley are hit better against lefties than Mitch Handerger does. Well, the lefties have not been great against lefties this year. Not a very shocking development, but they haven't been. Luke Rayley has a seventy six WRC plus against lefties this year. Dominic canzone Lyle against lefties this year has a negative sixty five, negative sixty five WRC plus against lefties this year. In case you were curious, the combined WRC plus of those two against lefties is eleven. So that's why those two won't get nods over Mitch Hanneger against lefties. What about the guys in the miners, Well, Jonathan Class who's just got called up this week, is unproven and most people I would say, still don't believe he's ready ready as a big league hitter, so that's why he doesn't get the nod. Samad Taylor has a career sixty one wrc plus against lefties. Cade Marlowe is a lefty himself and has a high strikeout rate, so that also wouldn't work. So ultimately it comes down to the Mariners don't have enough options to hit lefties in there in at the big league level and at Triple A level for what they need Mitch Handerger to do. So Scott Servis really has no choice at this point. He doesn't because the other options are not good enough to hit against lefties.
Speaker 2: We should probably preface the canzone thing with. He has a very very small sample size against left handed pitching, so that's why is WRC plus is pretty low. But Luke Rayley, there's an argument there, seventy six versus seventeen. That's a fair argument, right.
Speaker 1: Not really, it's still not productive.
Speaker 2: But if you're talking about why is Mitch playing over certain guys, well.
Speaker 1: Luke Raley plays every day anyways now.
Speaker 2: So he has to sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Yeah, But Luke Rayley is your best offensive bats so I think that's an easier argument. What about what what about other guys besides Luke Raley? Because you have to fill two corner outfield spots, and the other options I just listed don't make a compelling case.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is under the assumption Julio and Raley are playing every day and then everybody else is fighting for that last spot. Correct. I've started to think about this over the last few days, and again, like we always have to preface these Mitch Haniger talks with these are not fun conversations to have because Mitch Haniger's loved here by the Mariners in the Pacific Northwest, by the fan base for good reason. He's been here a long time fan favorite, works his tail off. Guys in the locker room and the clubhouse love him. But if we're talking about on field production, it has really really been tough, especially here in twenty twenty four, or more here in twenty twenty four. Obviously, the majority of his career has been very good, but Cad Marlow started to get pretty hot over the last week in Tacoma. He's had a really good start to July. His ops for the years starting to climb up. It's about seven thirty now, and I'm starting to think about the idea of him being on this roster over Mitch Hanneger until the Mariners make a trade for another outfield bat. And I say that because one Marlow's now swinging it to you know he's going to be a better defender than Mitch Hanneger. Mitch Hanniger is almost a negative one war player this year, and a lot of that's because of his defense. And Hanneger for the year also has an eighty three WRC plus. So I think about it like this, do you trust Marlow to be essentially an eighty WRC plus bat in the big leagues and put up better than a seventeen WRC plus against left handed pitching. The answer that's yes, And I feel like a lot of people will answer that question with yes, might be worth it. Mariners are in first place. I know it's a tough thing to swallow the money. I know it's a tough thing to let go of a fan favorite, But I'm just looking at the way cade Marlow's starting to play and the fact that we know he is a fine outfielder, and say just feels like he provides a little more value at this point.
Speaker 1: I think he's more valuable point too, But I think that just kind of gets still overall, just gets away from the question like how do Mariners operate organizationally? They're not going to call up Caid Marlow so he can hit lefties, so and I gain and ultimately that's what the that's what the question is searching for. So but yeah, kid Marlow would make the Mariners better. That is a correct answer. He would make the Mariners better than what Mitch Haniger is currently putting up in the same position right now. That is correct, But it's not a in terms of answering finding a guy to hit against lefties currently in the organization that currently does not exist.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, I agree with that. But if it's more of a broad question of Hannager on the roster versus Marlow, I'm starting to think Marlow might do a lot for this team, ear least right A lot might be a strong word, but be a be a positive contributor or.
Speaker 1: I mean, essentially, he could just be a replacement level player and be more valuable than Mitch like zero war.
Speaker 2: That's all you need, sure exactly. Okay, let's get to our second question here. This is on YouTube from Daniel Fleming, and he says, if you could add any concession stand at T Mobile Park, what would it be and why?
Speaker 1: I have an answer for you ready, mm hmm, Skyline Chili because it's the greatest food on planet Earth, and we need the heart of the Midwest inserted into T Mobile Park.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Park is really missing is average to crappy chili doused in cheese, you put over spaghetti, hot dogs, whatever, whatever you want to put it on. That's what Tmobile Park is really missing mid West values.
Speaker 2: Baby dude, Skyland Chili is not food. Skyline Chili is not food.
Speaker 1: Dog food more like it. I'm actually kidding. That's not what I would have put in there. I actually went significantly higher quality stuff. Now, I'm not going to some top tier restaurants saying they should put that in T Mobile Park because because you know, that's not what the average fan can do. Have you seen these Italian ficacia sandwiches? Have you seen them? He's looking around on some videos.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: No. Okay, well they are like Florentine, AKA, they're from Florence. I think that's where they originated from. If I'm not in your Italian. You could please leave a comment and tell me I'm an idiot, and that's okay. But they've opened a few of these in New York, one of the great food cities we have in this country, and they have these sandwiches all over Italy, but they made their way here to America, so now most Americans who don't travel internationally can have them. And they have these focacious sandwiches that are just first of all massive, and they're packed at tim O Park. Would probably cost twenty five dollars, but if you're curious, you can look up this place. It's called I'll try and pronounce this correctly all antiko v v I n aio. I'm not not gonna try and pronounce the eli to spell it out a l l apostrophe A n t I co o space v I n a io. And now my Italian ancestors are rolling over in their graves and that's totally fine. But the sandwiches are insane. They look really good for Katcha is amazing and I think it would be a very authentic thing to add to t Mobile Park. I think it would be a lot of fun. And now that they're a chain, it works out so hey for.
Speaker 2: People say that that, that'll say that's a crazy idea. There's didn't type fung at T Mobile Park. So people can get bougie and Seattle with their food options at T Mobile Park. You want to, you want to have something like crazy Italian sandwiches, why not?
Speaker 1: It's like there's crab in the outfield. You can you can get Moto Pizza, which is already high quality pizza upstairs. It's not like they're not high quality apps. Yeah, but the real Moto pizza is really good like it is. It is specialty pizza. And I think a Facaca sandwich is on the level as specialty pizza. I think it's the same, same idea, same le level of food.
Speaker 2: All Right, I went a little more simple with my answers. If there's gonna be pizza the ballpark, I said, Joe's Pizza, another New York City staple. It is amazing. It needs to make its way out, its way out west. It needs to make its way to Tmobile Park. Other than that, I just picked two chains that Seattle doesn't have but desperately needs. Raisin Canes, which is coming to Seattle here soon enough. I can't wait. And then in and Out.
Speaker 1: That'll be good. Those would be the first locations in a ballpark for those foods.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I get I get behind that. So I thought about Joe's. I did think about it, which is the best pizza I've had. However, Teamobile Park already has Ballard Pizza in the park, which is the exact same thing, not the same quality. And remember when you bring a pizza chain into a ballpark, or any food into a ballpark, it's not gonna be as good. So with the exact same the exact same thing, I don't know if there like resonate, maybe it's not the right way, but there would already be something almost exactly like it. And how however, there won't be something exactly like raising canes, and there won't be something like in and Out there, So that I'm behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, sign me up. Listen, vallad pizza is fine, but nothing's Joe's pizza. If we even get seventy five percent of Joe's pizza, Team Mobile Park, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I'm in for that. Let's get to the next question. This is on YouTube from at the Connor Joe Trade and he says aside from the obvious sellers White Sox, Marlins, et cetera. Who are the most two most intriguing sellers from each league? And who's your number one trade target from.
Speaker 2: Each So I tried to branch out a little bit with this because because the question states aside from the obvious team, so not the A's, not the White Sox, not the Marlins, teams like that. I'll start with the AL. I said, blue Jays and Ray's for the Al or sorry, I thought about the Blue Jays and Rays. I kept the Rays and said Brandon Lao, who we've talked about, that would be a fit. That makes a lot of sense. Rental bat second base WRC plus is close to one point thirty hits the ball hard. That makes too much sense for the Mariners if they're going to need a second basement. The other one, I will admit this one's a little bit of a pipe dream. But with the Rangers being out of it or not out of it, but they're not playing well, they're under five hundred, they're still seven back in the division if they keep losing, and they got to the point of the deadline where they actually thought about doing some selling, like again, I'll say this as a pipe dream idea, but Nathaniel low would be a pretty sick addition. So if I'm just talking about good fits for the Mariners first baseman two and a half years of control, it's like a one to ten WRC plus hitter walks a decent amount, doesn't strike out a ton. Would love to get that guy in Seattle. Now, again it's probably a pipe dream, but would love to see Nathaniel Lowe.
Speaker 1: Now, this question was tricky because when He's says, aside from the obvious sellers, the problem is there are so few sellers in major true sellers in Major League Baseball because of the third wild card. So note, just because we are picking these teams as sellers does not mean these teams will sell because most of these teams are within five games of the wild card or less right now, which for some teams is very doable.
Speaker 2: So let me say this too. One, I agree with you. Two, I did my al guys. Give your al guys, then we can do the n all guys after.
Speaker 1: So my al guys, I did choose the Blue Jays because I think they can have the most impact of any team on this deadline. If they're selling, they can buy. They can swing Pennant races with the pieces they have available to them with whoever they decide to trade with. And for the Blue Jays, I think Vlatti was too obvious and it again just doesn't really sound like he's gonna get traded. So I'm gonna choose the guy I've been hammering for a while and I think would make the Mariners better, and that's Danny Jansen. I think they need a cat You think they need another catcher. I really think they And then the other team I chose the Detroit Tigers. They might sell, they might not. They have a couple of intriguing options. Jack Flaherty's on a rental, will be a rental if you trade for him. The Mariners don't need starters, though, but they do have Mark Canna, who if you want someone that would be a soft buy what we were talking about last week or sorry, earlier this week, soft buying and improving in an outfield spot. Instead of having Mitchanagher, you have Marcanna instead, and you upgrade quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when I was looking at the Blue Jays, I thought about the idea of Justin Turner even though he's thirty nine years old. I thought to myself could play the corner infield DH if you need him to. Has been a great bat over the majority of his career. But then I dug into some of the peripherals and he is in the first percentile of bat speed. So I said, you know what, that's probably not a great fit, which is why I ended up pivoting somewhere else. So thought about it, didn't go through with the idea National League. I said, Giants and Diamondbacks again, will these two teams sell? We don't know. The NL wild card is so up in the air, but if they do, my two guys on the list are two players we've talked about, Lamont Wade Christian Walker. Christian Walker would be a great, great, great addition for this team at the deadline. Should have been an all star power bat one thirty three WRC plus hitter ops is eight forty Reynal wouldn't have to give up a ton and you could roll with Tyler Lockler in twenty twenty five if you don't re sign Walker in the offseason. So I said Walker for the Diamondbacks, and I said Lamont Wade for the Giants. Who we've talked about, is sort of a platoon bat. But you know what, when you're WRC plusing neither nearly one sixty and you're walking almost twenty percent of the time, I'm interested.
Speaker 1: I had the Diamondbacks as well, and I chose the Cubs and said, although the Cubs this news came out right before we hit record with Cody Bellinger going on the IL, because that would have been my most intriguing target. I know you're not a huge Cody Bellinger guy, but I think he could have had some sort of value if you acquire him at the deadline. Who knows if he's going to be back and playing by the time the deadline rolls around, which will eight impact his value. B could incline him no matter what now to pick up his player option next year, which is twenty seven and a half million dollars. So I'll keep the Cubs with the Diamondbacks though outside of the Blue Jays, their pieces if they decide to sell, can impact that. It can swing a Pennant race if they want, like Christian Walker's that could. We talked about Randall Gritchick. He is in terms of a soft buy. He would make a massive impact if you put him in the outfield as a right handed bat. For how he's hit this season. Paul Seawall's also an option as well. So those are I think those are two pretty good ones right there, Diamondbacks Cubs. There's a lot of teams you could choose the National League because they're all bunched right together.
Speaker 2: I agree, and that National League wildcard race is going to have some impact here. In the next few weeks. We will start to see some teams fall out of it a little bit more. We've already seen it a little bit. I know the Cubs are technically about three and a half back now, but Bellinger got they're still way under five hundred. Some of these teams will sell because some of these teams will look at their roster and say, we are not quite a playoff team, and because of that, they'll be willing to ship some pieces away.
Speaker 1: Before we get to our next question, let's hear a word from game time. Summer is here. We're in the swing of it, and that means it's time to get out to T Mobile Park and watch the ms. Want to get out to the pen, grab a drink and watch the game with your friends. Let game Time help you get there with killer last minute deals, all in prices used from your seat, and their lowest price guarantee. Game Time takes the guesswork out of buying MLB tickets. It'll be the biggest series to date, right after the All Star break, when the Mariners get home, when the Astros come to town. Get in prices thirty five dollars on Friday, thirty one dollars on Saturday, and twenty seven dollars on Sunday, all on the Game Time app. Get a panoramic view of your seat and toggle the all in pricing future so you know how much you're paying and what the view is before you buy. Your purchase is covered with the most flexible customer service policy in the ticketing industry. Take the guestwork out of buying MLB tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, Create an account and use code just Baseball for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Create an account and redeem code just basse ba l L just Baseball for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app Today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Let's get to our next mail bag question. This comes from Ellen Rhodes on Instagram, and her question is unpopular opinion. Munos has had too many walks, have seen a lot of blown saves from him dot dot dot so is Andres Muno's walking too many batters?
Speaker 2: I think the blown saves thing might be a little bit out of proportion. But sure, if you're watching Andres Munos and saying I would like to see him be more in the strike zone, that is a fair take. Andres Muno's had a really really good command back in twenty twenty two, and since then it's gone downhill. Now, that doesn't change the fact that he is. That doesn't change the fact in saying that he's not one of the game's elite relievers, because he is. But if you would like, if you're saying I would like to see one of the game's best relievers also throw a few more strikes, Yeah, that's a fair take, because Andres Mugnoz also throwing more strikes would only do that much more for him.
Speaker 1: You know, At this point, I view his twenty twenty two command as an outlier because the rest of his career he's been about a ten percent walk guy, about ten percent and that's not horrible. That's only the forty fifth most in terms of percentage among all relievers. For example, the leader in walks most walks his worldest Chapman, is over twenty percent. So he's not the worst. He's almost middle of the packs the wrong term. But you know it's fine. I don't think it's the end of the world when you have stuff that moves like his does. Remember his sinker moves drastically armside. It's sometimes hard to get that pitch in the strike zone. And if you compare that to his twenty twenty two season, where he only had to really worry about two pitches one his slider breaks the same direction every time, and his fastball was straight, so he didn't really have to worry about his pitch moving too much out of the strike zone. If Andre s Munoz tries to paint inside corner to Ariety's now with the sinker, that pitch could just take off and run inside way more and it'll be a ball no matter what. So you know, it's just a little bit more difficult for him. Now his pitches move more. And if your pitches move more, and more likely than not, you will struggle to throw strikes at times that's normal for a reliever. I don't really think it's the end of the world, because ultimately he's also still striking out over thirty percent of the batters he faces, And as long as there's enough separation between your walk rate and your strikeout rate, I think you'll be Okay.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the end of the world. And to that point and to your logic, it's the same thing with Matt Brash when he's healthy. His stuff is so ridiculous that he's probably never gonna be an elite command guy because his stuff just moves too much to sometimes have real real command over his pitches. Like like those those Matt Brash sliders have a mind of their own. You can't always know where it's going because they break too much. So yeah, with the Munyo sinkers in his new arsenal now, because it's different than what it was in twenty twenty two, he may end up having stuff that moves so much that he just doesn't always command the zone as much. But I will say, if you want to get him throwing a few more strikes again, I don't think that's a crazy opinion. Like, for example, right now, he's in the eighteenth percentile major League Baseball in walk rate. He doesn't have to be in the eightieth percentile the way he was in twenty two, but maybe around league average, maybe in the fiftieth percentile something like that.
Speaker 1: But that number compares him to starters too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so for relievers he's more middle of the pack. But again, it like just a little bit more. I'm not saying he's gonna be George Kirby with his command. He's not. But if if you are a person again I'm not that concerned about it, and you're not that concerned about it, I'm just playing the side of If you are a person that says I would like to see Munnos throw a few more strikes, I will say, okay, like that is not the hottest take in the world. That is, like you have a fair, fair backing point with real data to say, okay, I'd like to see him throw a few more strikes is at the end of the world. Now, I'm just saying it's not the hottest take in the world.
Speaker 1: So what at his best will get him down from eleven percent to eight percent? That'll be good.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, sure, Yeah, that'd be great. All right, next question. This is from Cardi Rave, also on Instagram. He says, which prospect would you be most sad to see leave via trade?
Speaker 1: My answer is Colt Emerson. There have been people talking about that he could eventually be named the number one prospect in all of baseball. He is immense upside, He plays a premium position, and ultimately, when it comes to the Mariners farm system, he is farther along than felnin Selston is, which is the only player in the farm system talent wise, he compares too. So that's why my answer would be that because you'd see Colt Emerson a year before you'd see Felning.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy that, while it's not fair to do the Corey Seeger comp for Colt Emerson, the fact we've heard people say that number one. And then there's the similarities of Corey Seger was picked in the twenties, left handed high school bat, shot his way through the Miners, jumped up the prospect rankings, and was a top three prospect when he debuted. Kind of feels like Colt Emerson has a chance to do the exact same thing, and that's wild. I can't promise any I don't think anybody can promise he's gonna be Corey Seeger, and to put those expectations on him just isn't fair. But the fact there's people out there saying, yeah, Colt Emerson could be the number one prospect in baseball here soon enough is crazy and Marion's fan should be fired up about it. I actually pick Fellnan Celestine as my number one now, Cole Emerson was a very very close second. But I feel like Felnan's got a chance to be a number one prospect in baseball at some point too. And the fact he's got a nine to eighty four OPS in the Complex League right now. I know it's the Complex League, but we're seeing our first glimpse of Felnan seleistin Stateside this year and what he can do. And I'm sitting there watching and saying, wow. So we married have two guys who I don't want to see them go anywhere with They better stay in this system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can both stay. That's fine, that's fine. We covered the basic We used this segment to say, please don't trade those players. Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, yep.
Speaker 1: There. The next question comes from Asher underscore Aver, butch On Instagram, And this question is, who's one current player you would love to have on the one hundred and sixteen win two thousand and one Marinner team.
Speaker 2: We just talked about him, but can I say Andre's Munno's You're gonna look at that one roster. It was really good. It wasn't perfect if you go down position by position, but number one, there weren't a lot a lot of relievers that were throwing the way Munyos was thrown back then, there might not have been any, to be totally honest with you. And when you look at the Mariners bullpen, Kaziro Susaki was phenomenal, Arthur Rhodes was phenomenal. But if you had a true, true dynamite closer ahead of those two to form a three headed monster that year, I would do a lot that shortens games the six innings. And when you already have guys in your rotation like Freddy Garcia, like Aaron Seeley, like Jamie Moyer who can easily go six strong, give it right off to the bullpen after that.
Speaker 1: Munyos was my pick too. I mean, he would be talked about in lore if he pitched on that team with the stuff he currently has. It's like the one player in base baseball who throws one hundred and three miles an hour. Back then the one guy right out of the bullpen, he's got this insane slider and all this stuff like that, that would be pretty insane. I think that's the easy one. I think if we saw this year Brash, you could make a case for him too, just because I mean legitimately they would talk about him in the history books. It's like, could you remember seeing this guy? He was absolutely insane? Right? And then my other, my last honorable mention, if you wanted a little bit more upside in the rotation, I know the rotation was insane. It was the best in baseball. All five guys made every single start that season, which is insane, and they, like legitimately didn't have to worry about the rotation at all. But I think that rotation if they added a current day Logan Gilbert, would they wouldn't complain about that because that dude has unbelievable stuff that outside of a select few guys just wasn't a thing in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine Logan Gilbert pitching at the top of that rotation with Freddy Garcia. Then you have Aaron Seey and Jamie Moore behind him. A lot of teams use four starters in the playoffs. Now, man, imagine if the Mariners had that luxury back then. And you talk about Munno's being discussed in lore logan, it might be too. You're talking about a dude who's six y six, has insane extension and gets right on top of you. He throws ninety nine. He's got six pitches in his arsenal. That wasn't a thing back then.
Speaker 1: Nope, that would be a lot of fun. Maybe it would have beat the Yankees, wouldn't be so traumatized.
Speaker 2: Stupid Derek Jeter flip. The marriage should have gotten to play the A's that year, And if the marriage had played the A's, they would have beat him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, won the world.
Speaker 2: Also, that diamond vaccine was pretty good with Randy and Kurt Schilling. Like I I won't say for sure, but better chance, that's for sure. Also, shout out my friend Alex when you were talking about Matt Brash, how you said Brash would have been talked about in the lore. He put out a tweet last year on Opening Night that kind of blew up, and I think it was hilarious. He tweeted that video of Matt Brash striking out Jose Ramirez when Ramirez fell on his backside, and my friend Alex captioned it with if Matt Brash threw a baseball in February of sixteen ninety two, he'd be burned at the stake, Which, well, is there a point there? Maybe? Probably, like yeah, but yeah, that's a fun question that that O one team. It's fun to reminisce on. But I'd also like to see a current version of the Mariners do something like the one team. That would be that'd be awesome nice, you know, yeah, exactly. Okay, next question, we have two more to go. This is from bd N five point fifty five forty on Instagram. He says, since Jerry's contract hasn't been extended, will the ms be more aggressive at the deadline.
Speaker 1: I think the MS should be aggressive at the deadline no matter what Jerry Depoto's contract status is. And I don't think just because of what Jerry Depoto's contract status is, they will be more aggressive. If this was a real thing, if this what would actually happen and Jerry didn't believe he would be part of the Mariners next year, he would trade Cole Emerson or Feloning Selston or both an attempt to massively upgrade the roster. I don't think he's gonna do that. Therefore, I don't think, because he has doesn't have a contract yet that we know of, that he's gonna trade those guys. That would be more of a Jacksie thing. That would be more of a more of a different incumbent President of Baseball Operations move opposed to what Jerry Depoto will do. Ultimately, we'll see, but I don't think so. I think they should be aggressive, no matter what it is, because frankly, the Mariner us, as Mariners fans, deserve an aggressive deadline in a push to the playoffs because you and I know what happens if they don't make it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I think they should be aggressive. I think they should go out and get some real pieces. But Jerry Depoto is also not AJ Preller, and Jerry Depoto will never do what Aj Preller does. That's not his style. It's not a sustainable style. And with the Mariners knowing they are a franchise that doesn't have unlimited payroll. There are other ways they have to build a great team, and part of that is through the draft, through international signing, and having good farm system. So because Jerry understands that, and he very well does. Like if the two of us understand it, we know Jerry Depoto and Justin Holland are understand it. That contract or not, They're not just gonna ship all these guys out of town for two months to have a potential run. They're just not gonna do it. So I don't think Jerry to Poto is gonna do that. I think the Mariners should be aggressive like you. I don't think they're gonna be irresponsible. But to the point of the contract that being said, like the Marriagers need to get this done. I know they've gotten it done in September a lot of years, but I don't know what we're waiting for. Like, I know, not everybody out there loves Jerry Depoto. I would challenge anybody who doesn't to tell me who you feel comfortable like, who you'd want to see get brought in instead, And do you trust the group that would be responsible for hiring the new president of Baseball Operations and the entire staff to do a successful job with a new hire. I think Jerry to Poto has done a lot for this organization. I think they're heading in a good direction. I think they have a window that's gonna stay opened for a while with all these prospects and all the bats they have coming. So I hope they get this contract done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I still again hope they're aggressive at this deadline because they need this roster needs it. It needs it, contract or not. The final mailbag question we have is from Mica B. Millard on Instagram, and his question is make a convincing case for Felix Hernandez to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: So you can make a case. I don't think Felix is gonna end up getting in. I just don't know if he quite sustained dominance for long enough to do it. But if you do want to make a case, most fifty War pitchers seem to get into the Hall of Fame. More often than not that happens. Felix was a couple percentages shy of fifty wins above replacement for his career. Here's an example. Jim Cat of the Twins, he pitched through the sixties, the seventies, tiny bit into the eighties. He pitched for twenty five years. He threw a lot more innings and pitched for a lot longer than Felix did. Yet the two had nearly the same career war Felix has the lower career er. Felix has a cy Young where Jim Kat doesn't. Felix also has six top ten cy Young finishes. Kat had two. So if you want to compare Felix, Ornandez to some other guys that are in the Hall of Fame, you can do it, and there are cases, but it's still gonna be a tough case.
Speaker 1: The difference is now that Felix will get hurt because he didn't pitch enough. I would say back in the day, they were back in the day. I mean, you can go back into the nineteen hundreds anytime there when guys were getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. I think the bar was a little bit lower to make it in the Hall of Fame. There are some players in the Hall of Fame who were in fact average players. So if you go off of that theory, sure, But modern day we have a lot of statistics available to and the process to get into the Hall of Fame is evolving that it just is less likely. Based on the volume that Felix has pitched, it is less likely. There's a few stats you could cherry pick and make a case for Felix. For example, he has more strikeouts than a notable modern Hall of Famer, Roy Halliday. He's got morek's than he does. He's got more k's than my namesake in the Hall of Fame, Christy Mathewson, pitched in a different era. However, he has got more strikeouts than him. It's more strikeouts than Jim Morris and a bunch of other Hall of Famers. How about a true modern example. These guys have been compared quite a lot when they were pitching. He has pitched more innings than Clayton Kershaw. Do you know that Clayton Kershaw's a slam down Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: That's actually kind of crazy. More innings than Kershaw.
Speaker 1: Now, Kershaw's the better pitcher, no doubt. He's got four Cy Young's, He's got an MVP. I wouldn't argue that for a second. Clayton Kershaw will go down as one of the three greatest left here at handing pa of all time. He's insane. But if we're talking about volume, I mean Kershaw's getting in without much of an issue.
Speaker 2: Henna.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get in the high nineties of votes when he gets on the ballot when he eventually retires, and he'll retire soon. He could retire with lessonings in Felix, but Felix has pitched more innings than him. Believe it or not, how about a higher Here's a niche stat. It's called adjusted war seven. So war seven takes your seven best, your best seven year stretch of war and accumulates it together into one number. That stat is helped use to calculate jaws, which Jay Jaffy came up with, where you add a player's career war his War seven, you add him together, and you divide him by two, so you can measure how much better was this player outside of their peak seven years. And it helps, I'd say, raise the bar for guys who had an amazing seven years and lowers the bar for guys who had great long career but weren't as good at their peaks. So that's what that number does. So adjusted war seven accounts. It tries to adjust the pitchers used to throw three hundred and fifty innings. It essentially caps your season for the old guys at two hundred and fifty innings and makes it more favorable for modern pitchers who don't throw two hundred and fifty innings. Here are some guys who Felix has a higher adjusted WAR seven where he ranks sixty fifth after adjusting for some of these inning counts. By the way, sixty fifth all time, and there are sixty six pitchers in the Hall of Fame? Might I know sixty six and Felix on this list is sixty fifth. Do you think care col is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be Hall of Famer?
Speaker 1: He's running that way, he's trunning in that way. Well, Felix has a higher adjusted WAR seven than he does. That's one thing to note. He's got a higher adjusted WAR seven. Then you might have heard of this guy, Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy was half decent, and there's.
Speaker 1: Plenty of other Hall of famers. Felix has a higher adjusted WAR seven then, so it's not impossible to make a case for Felix.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a slam known case. He probably could have used three to four more peak Felix seasons or close to peak Felix seasons, then he would have an almost certain case for the Hall of Fame. The problem is Felix spent a few years in the middle and then a couple of really bad seasons at the end, which left a sour taste in many of our mouths in terms of how he's getting in the Hall of Fame. But it's not impossible. You know, there's only twenty eight guys who have appeared in as many or more of the top five in cy Young voting appearances. It's it that something.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Yeah. I mean, if you want to just use the Harold Bains meter, Felix is getting in. I've seen people on Twitter talk about that a lot. When any player passes the Harold Bains meter, meaning you surpass thirty eight point eight career wins above replacement aka war like, people will be like he passed the Baines meter. He passed the Harold Bains meter because Harold Bains got in with less than forty wins above replacement for his career. I think a lot of people feel like Harold Bains probably wasn't a Hall of Fame caliber player. But if you want to use that for Felix, you can. Harold Bains played twenty two years, Felix played fifteen. And when you look at Felix's peak, even though he probably could have used more of a ten year stretch of dominance, that seven year stretch of dominance he had from nine to twenty fifteen, he was one of the game's best. He was in the top three to four pitchers in baseball year after year. It's right up there with Kershaw. He was right up there with others. And the fact he has six top ten cy Young finishes says a lot. I do wonder if his case would be elevated had the voters actually gotten it right in twenty fourteen and given him that Cy Young over Corey Klueber. If you had that second Sy Young right now, you think people look at him different.
Speaker 1: With hell because that list is pretty exclusive. Is less than ten? Right, less than ten guys have won multiple.
Speaker 2: Well, and yeah, and Blake Snell's one of them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, which which makes it a really interesting Well, Blake Snell's not a Hall of Famer, but which is why it's a really interesting list, because there are Corey Klueber's not a Hall of Famer, but he's won multiple Cy Young's and was one of the best pictures of his decade. He unfortunately didn't have that length. Felix had more length than Corey Klueber did.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so there is a case. If you just heard the two of us dive into it and TJ really dove into it, there is a case. But I think both of us are in agreement here and saying it will be tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be tough for him. We hope he makes it. It'll be pretty cool. His speech would be pretty amazing. But unfortunately, I think Felix right now, lands in the Hall are very good.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that. Hey, if he gets in, are we going to Cooperstown?
Speaker 1: I'm down.
Speaker 2: I'm down fun, be finally fun.
Speaker 1: What was the last time you were there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been twice. I think the most recent time was in high school. I was.
Speaker 1: Ten. It's been a while. But are you down if he makes it, makes it, I'm.
Speaker 2: In yeah, trying yeah, same here, same here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's close out the show. Now, that was great, great mailbag questions as always, guys, We'll get to another mail bag in about a month, good, good range of questions. I thought that was a lot of fun. But let's close up the show now with speak your Mind, Speak.
Speaker 2: Your Mind Spot. That would be unwise. What is necessary is never unwise.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Low? You know, I was talking to you last Friday when we got done hosting Brocken Salk and talking about how man I had been so fixated and so focused on preparing for that show and doing that show and making sure it went smoothly to really see much of what was coming in days past that, in weeks past that, and the second we got done with that show, I kind of had this realization. Once we were done with it, we felt good about it. I don't want to say it was a weight lifted off our chest because we were excited about it, but I think both of us were very, very, you know, detailed about wanting to get it right. So once that was over, I sat there and thought to myself, well, we're going to Dallas in a week for All Star Week, and now sitting here recording this podcast, it's a day till we leave. So I think that's what's mostly on my mind right now, is this is our second All Star week. It's our second and two years. It's also the first one we've traveled for, and I'm really really excited about it. I think we've got a lot of fun stuff in mind. I think we're going to do a lot while we're there. And yeah, I've been thinking about it basically since we ended hosting the show on Brock and Salt last week. That sitting here thinking about that. Yeah, I can't wait to go.
Speaker 1: And I can't blame us for doing that on brockn Salt because think about it, like in just Peel back the curtain for some of our listeners. In reality, it's an audition, is that that's what we were doing. We were auditioning to get more opportunities, cause you don't get you know, you don't always get opportunities like that. So if you do get it on commercial radio, on big market radio, you want to do well, like you really want to put all your effort into it. You want to sound right, even if you aren't. Of course, there are some some people in some of the clips we posted in the last couple of days who say we weren't, which is, you know, it's fine, that doesn't matter, but ultimately you want to spend all the energy possible to make sure an opportunity like that comes out again, and which I think it will, by the way, based on some of the feedback we've gotten. But anyways, so like it makes sense we spent all that time on that, but now you're right, we get the we get the sort of clearance of that, and now the opportunity to go to mull around in Dallas and meet some fans. Hopefully some of you will be out there in Dallas as well. That would be super awesome if we get to run into some of you and you know, network them on the content community and some of the more legacy media community. Some of the guys people we ran into at All Star Week last year in Seattle that we hope to also run into here in Dallas. I've never been to Dallas, so like checking off new cities. So that'll be a fun part of it as well. And yeah, it should be a lot of fun. It'll be a little hot, which is fine, but it's gonna it's gonna be a blast. I'm really looking forward to. We got some fun content ideas that I don't think we've done yet, which is nice. So we get to try some new things. I know people always like new things and new ideas, and we're hoping to uh hoping to use them, so it'll be a lot of fun. We'll try and we'll vlog the entire thing all be on our YouTube channel. You guys can come along for the ride with us whenever we get to get around to posting those, So that should all be a lot of fun too, So I'm really looking forward to it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were sitting brainstorming this week about what type of stuff we wanted to do at All Star Week, and I think the two of us put our heads together and thought us some ideas that, like you said, we haven't done yet, both for social media for YouTube blogs, and we think people are really gonna enjoy them. So hopefully you're keeping your eyes peeled on our social pages and our YouTube pages to see all that stuff. And yeah, I think I think as long as we have the opportunity to do it, which we will since we're going it's it's gonna be really fun. And I think we're gonna connect with a lot of the people too that we've had on this podcast, even we haven't had on the podcast, that we've connected with in the past that you know are big in the content community or just in the baseball community. It's fun like a week. All Star Week is one of the two times of the year where the whole baseball world really comes together, and All Star Week even more so than the Winter Meetings. The Winter Meetings is the other time where you kind of have the whole whole baseball world together. But all Star Week there's so many people there. You have all the players that come into town, you have all the legacy media that comes in the town. You have all these content creators that come into town. You have all these celebrities that come into town. Like the opportunities at All Star Week to do a bunch of content, to meet a bunch of people, and really to have a bunch of fun. It's it's endless. So we're really excited about it.
Speaker 1: We'll get a celebri on the mic. Which celeb should we get?
Speaker 2: I hope? So Sidney Sweeney, why would she be at All Star Week? Why not?
Speaker 1: Is the real question.
Speaker 2: I think there's a better chance she would throw out a first pitch in the Mariner's game than being at All Star Week, because I'm pretty sure she's from Washington.
Speaker 1: That'll be good, So we'll get her on the mic then, But any other celebrities that decide to show up there, like do a lipa shows, whatever, getting on the mic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever you say. Listen if you want to talk about celebrities that could be content people like two guys we really like are the broadcast boys who have a huge channel, Like they're gonna be there. They're playing in the Celebrity Softball Game, so the potential to run into them would be really fun. But if you're thinking of real celebrities, well there are.
Speaker 1: Real celebrities in that that the Celebrity Softball Game too, like actors, no exactly, singers exactly.
Speaker 2: So who are we gonna see again? Like like you kind of don't know, And that's kind of how the fun of it. There's people we were already planning to meet up with, like to meet with and to meet up with, but there's also the unknown factor of who you might just run into and talk to and might get on the mic for some social media stuff. So yeah, I think we're excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are excited. The other thing I have for speak your Mind. I just want to give a shout out to the people creating House of the Dragon. They have done a phenomenal job. Me as the one of the biggest Game of Throne snobs on this planet, who has watched the original series four times through, you know, it's when I do that, it's hard for a spinoff series to meet my expectations in the same realm. And yeah, they've done it. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but the last episode they did, episode four, halfway through their second season. I mean, it's just phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It is so good. Just the fact that you're able to consistently make good episodes after you messed up season eight of Game of Thrones just so bad, you just ruined it it And to come back make a spin off on a different storyline earlier in the timeline and make it really good with all the CGI and stuff with the dragons, it's just amazing. So I need to give them a shout out. They've done a phenomenal job and they've made my Sundays significantly better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be really good. And I've been watching too. I don't want to spoil anything either. But there's not a lot of TV series out there, movie series that make spin offs and just nail it. They have nailed it, and I hope it continues to be a really really good show because it seems like it's trending that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they got four seasons too, so you know they're gonna do a lot. I think they're filming another spin off right now, so as long as the same people keep directing it, I think it'll still be pretty good. I'm interested to see if they were to make a show without dragons in it how it would do. Because the lore of dragons make it. They just they make it. It makes it look a lot better. I'll say. The current like House of the Dragon, as you would imagine, has so many dragons, and it's so beautifully shot, and the graphics of how they create these things is just amazing. So to have a show without that would certainly be more interesting, So I'd see how they do it. I think the next spin off they're doing does not have dragons in it, so I'd be curious to see how they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I'm sure I'll watch that one also whenever it comes out. But hopefully they've got a plan for it. Hopefully they've got some ways to keep people engaged and interested. I guess we'll see, Yeah, we will, all right. I think that just about wraps up this edition of the Marine Layer Podcast. One final reminder, episodes this upcoming week are going to be Monday and Friday instead of Wednesday and Friday. After that, it'll be back to normal programming, normal Wednesday Friday episodes. So you guys know the drill. You want to listen to the podcast, make sure download these episodes, leave a five star review, leave a written review. Make sure if you're watching on YouTube to like, comment and subscribe, and check us out on social media. We're on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube shorts at Marine Layer Pod. That's t J. I'm Lyle. As always, we thank you guys for tuning in. Talk to you soon,