Speaker 1: A Housewives party always calls for some drama. Jen Shaw throws a Sinco de Mayo party where Jenny finds herself at odds with Mary. Yet again, they call it Cinco de Mayhem. I love these titles. I never noticed them when I was on the show, and now looking at them, they're hilarious. Sinco de Mayhem. The wheels come up real quick after what seems just like a calm beginning, it's just the Shico Sideways content creator and author of the Shift Tanks joins me to break down this episode. This is Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, Season two, episode nineteen, Sinco de Mayhem. Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Do you look so good?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I decided that today that I have this.
Speaker 1: Morning graduated to be an intermediate makeup.
Speaker 2: Now you look.
Speaker 4: You look really good a drug store. You're so good. I love your videos. Your tiktoks are killing it.
Speaker 2: You're so good.
Speaker 4: I watch them and I follow your recommendations, like I really believe you. It's it's quite the niche that you've carved out for yourself.
Speaker 2: It's cool. I want to say congrats, because it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that it's completely accidental because it was genuinely like I've seen what you've talked about, and you care about beauty, like you care about beauty and you care about fashion, and I swear to God, I don't like I have nice things. I care about expensive bags and watches, but like I don't care about quote unquote fashion. And I definitely did not care about any kind of branded skincare of makeup, like I like theology because I've just tried it at a spa, but it was very garage stale. You go in my drawer and there'd be like a random Loreal lip glass that I bought it, you know, on a trip because I forgot when for an appearance.
Speaker 3: I don't know what color. I just going to the look in the.
Speaker 1: Middle and then I would have a biology because I bought it at a spaw and I was with Paul and he was paying. But like, I never had a strategy about it, and I didn't know. So I went to my drawer and I had Mayor makeup from five years old. Yeah, and I didn't know what cover Girl was and I so I wanted to weed through and also know how to do my own, like can I do my own stuff?
Speaker 3: For an appearance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's good.
Speaker 1: So that's been a one year journey of learning to be honest and figuring it out.
Speaker 4: And have any of the brands. I mean, I commend you. I mean just even beyond the makeup, you you're really just you're so honest and it's like, I mean, I know people say that all the time and it's like a boring thing to talk about, but it's like you are truly at a place where.
Speaker 2: You don't fear like any any you know.
Speaker 1: No, and you're in the impact zone. You're in the impact zone because I'm you're in your thirties and I'm in my fifties.
Speaker 4: No, but I think it's just about being established and being like you have so many successful businesses, Like I mean, that's like the ultimate dream is to get to a point where you're like, I'm going to tell the truth no matter what and I don't care. And that's not that I don't tell the truth, but it's like you were just like on another level of honesty now with you.
Speaker 1: It's not everything needs to be said, yeah, because you don't need to take that. You're just doing a risk reward ratio. What you feel something you think something, do you need to say it based on what thangs in the balance, And I agree, I would advise you and not everything needs to be said for me. My publicist nos, like that's who she is and she checked our balance and she's good. So yeah. But but once in a while, you know, I fly very close to the sun, as.
Speaker 3: You can imagine. So yeah, trust me, it's not always.
Speaker 1: I don't love it when it when when the ship comes back on me, it's not fun. But yeah, a chance I'm willing to take because I'm an opinionated person.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it, so I.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you. First of all, congratulations on your new.
Speaker 2: Book, cat It.
Speaker 3: I love it and I love the way it looks.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, like you did a great job.
Speaker 1: It's like exciting I get exactly what it is and you thrilled.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I'm a week out and I'm very nervous. It's my first book and I really care that it goes well.
Speaker 3: I care a lot, like you want to hit the list.
Speaker 2: I want to hit the list.
Speaker 4: I do, of course, yeah, And I worked hard on it and really like I believe the message I want women, especially women younger than me to learn from it and to grow from it.
Speaker 2: And I genuinely care about them, so I hope it goes well. I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm not like the greatest person to be around when I'm nervous, because I get kind of like it's the only time in my life when I'm quiet is when I'm nervous, because I'm just like in my head thinking about it.
Speaker 2: But it is what it is. It'll come out in a week.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's very different like that doing the Today Show and things like that that used to like guarantee you would be on the list almost you know, it's not the same anymore. And so are you cramming and jamming?
Speaker 3: Are you doing everything.
Speaker 2: Like five podcasts to day, like doing all the press?
Speaker 1: Oh then you'll hopefully you gotta just you gotta just be you gotta be the you just gotta be the queen of the dip shits. You gotta be fifteen or ten on that list. You just got to jam on that list just so you can always say you made it on that list. Pour it out just to get on the list. On Wednesday, five o'clock next Wednesday, a day yeah, yeah, just you can't. It's a different world, books are different landscape. Just hopefully you'll get to the point where you don't realize for some reason. Next Wednesday at five o'clock, you don't thinking about it, and somehow.
Speaker 3: You get an email.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but many people it happens a second weekend. You know, crazy stuff can happen.
Speaker 3: But I was. I was older than you.
Speaker 1: I was after probably thirty six when I did it, and I didn't have kids, I wasn't married, and I had naturally thin and I fucking did it my own way and do anything the published said from the publishing company.
Speaker 3: I just jammed it.
Speaker 1: I was with Simon and Schuster's touch Stonefireside. I know you were, and I just jammed non stop, pushed it through five months straight New York Times Bestseller List that I don't think I could do tonight at your age, I could, I could not. I don't think I could do it now. But it's a you know what, it's an accomplishment to have written a book.
Speaker 2: So don't lose Yeah, no, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 3: Don't lose the plot exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a book deal, you wrote a book, you know, you're in good shape, especially at your age. Not to bring that up, but like you're in good shape.
Speaker 3: So congrats.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, now this is crazy and stupid and this show is so fun because it's like I'm talking to you seriously about something that is so ridiculous. And now this is not a show. I've only ever seen this Salt Lake City Housewives one time for rewives, so it's as new to me almost, I think, as it is to you unless you've seen this one.
Speaker 4: No, I watched the whole series when it was happening, but so I rewatched this episode last night. But so oh, remember but I watched so much Housewives that it's all like blurts together.
Speaker 2: But so it was good to rewatch it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I watched it at the time, and it's crazy. I mean, Salt Lake is a really I didn't think that they could ever introduce a new franchise that I would feel so strongly about like I do the older ones.
Speaker 2: But I but I do. I care about Salt Lake. I'm on the same level as Beverly Hills in New York.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I agree with you on one point that like coming in with a new series and having it, you go, wow, like that happened to me too with this, Yeah, And I never even wanted to watch it. I had zero curiosity for Yeah. And the juxtaposition of what we think of with Salt Lake and Mormonism, if that's a word, like, the juxtaposition of that and what this shit show is is what's really shocking. And I'll say the unpopular things to get in trouble about. Maybe you'll say some, but you will be hosting.
Speaker 3: Most you'll be not hosting.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna know more about this than I do because I've only seen the first episode they ever had, So now I'm a fast forwarding to the second season episode nineteen, Sinco de Mayhem. All right, so great, Okay, So first of all, you're into fashion, so you can be as kind as you want, but this looks like a circus. Like this is from the minute it starts. I'm like, I just there was one scene where we were in the Hamptons and I looked at everyone's outfit and I said, what the fuck is she wearing?
Speaker 3: What the fuck are you wearing?
Speaker 1: What the fuck am I wearing? This is like that every episode and every scene where it was what the fuck is she wearing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I mean, I think Meredith looks good for the most part in the series.
Speaker 1: I think she's like like normal, you don't mean like you love everything she's wearing. But she doesn't look like a clem.
Speaker 4: I think she looks like like good. I think she looks pulled together. She has a sense of style, she has a personal style. But yes, like I agree with you there that it's wack a doodle time Like most of the time, it's it's for television.
Speaker 1: It doesn't you don't get the sense that this is what these people wore in their lives. This is like this is the big time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that that's kind of like what they I think they got their own fashion sense in Salt Lake. I think that that's kind of I think it's very like I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this. It's like I feel like a lot of the women dress I think that there's a lot of label loving. Like I think that they think that like if it's Gucci, like it's fashionable and I And that's really where you get in trouble is thinking that just because there's like a Fendi label on something that you're good to go. That's not true, and that's a very expensive habit to get into you.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, let's stop on that. Hold on, hold your next stought. Don't forget your next stot.
Speaker 3: You have it. I'm not gonna forget it. Okay, let's stop on that.
Speaker 1: Because number one, Beverly Hills is the biggest defender and started that. That's an Erica Jane Dori, then Lisa Rinna.
Speaker 4: They taught differently because the Beverly Hills women they do shop labels, but they go into Fendy and they're like, give me that mannequin. So at least it's a cohesive label explosion on Salt Lake. They they like put a blindfold on, go into sacks and are like this Gucci, this Prada, this like Fendy and then they mix it all together and that I'm for me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's too much going on.
Speaker 4: Like at least, like I think Deary looks good in her head to toe Fendy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, would I buy it? No, but like it's it's a look, it's all Fendy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand that it looks good, and yeah, I think that you just said. It's genius that you said. It's a cohesive a cl E. That is it a cl E offense. It is a cohesive label explosion for me and tom Ford. Tom Ford and he and I are best friends. He doesn't know that, but he loves me. I know he does. So tom Ford and I both do not like cohesive label explosions. It turns him off deeply somewhere. So it's a turn off. It's not creative.
Speaker 2: It's not for me.
Speaker 4: But it's like it looks good. I think, like on Salt Lake. I mean, I think Jen Shaw her clothes. I think to me, I have to say, like, I think it's some of the worst, like I really do.
Speaker 3: It's really very bad.
Speaker 1: It is a tragically offensive fashion group, like tragically We saw Dubai and that looked like a circus on that finale, and it looks put on and Sunset social. They're just jamming in fashion too. And this all did by the way, Erica Jane gets the credit for all of this happening.
Speaker 3: She started this entire thing because.
Speaker 1: I'm on Housewives shows wearing nineteen eighty two Ralph Lauren cable knit sweaters and no makeup, like that's how this thing started to get to where we are now.
Speaker 3: Is insane, but yes.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy, Like really no one films without makeup, without glam anymore now, which is crazy because it's like for me, I love and I crave the older Housewives seasons because it's so people were less filtered.
Speaker 2: There was like less of.
Speaker 4: An immediate reaction on social media back in those days, and people films without makeup, or they would do their own makeup, like you go to the early seasons of Ronny and it's like they're even in the Hamptons. Even when you guys are going to like the Benefits or whatever, you did your own makeup.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, I went to the Stranger Things premiere, and I went to the that Andrew Lloyd Weber show Bad Cinderella.
Speaker 3: I did my own makeup.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how to do We all know I don't know how to do it, but we're real normal people. And that's where the show has shifted. It's just not the same show. And when I came back after I had left after season three and I came back four or five, six, season seven.
Speaker 3: I was calling Andy.
Speaker 1: I was mad and offended and thought it wasn't real that I walked into the Berkshires and Kristin, Heather and Carol had glam teams in the Burke Surets and we're wearing like outfits and Kristin wouldhoe up with two different shoes that like, I didn't like it. It was it felt forced to me.
Speaker 3: I hate you, you know what.
Speaker 4: I actually want to retract that same in a little bit because actually Heather and Whitney they don't they don't always have glam on. I'm thinking about Salt Lake now and I have watched the whole thing, and like they do their own glam. I will say, I actually like that about those two. I think that they are more real.
Speaker 3: And it used to looks like she does her own too.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 3: We're talking about it as a concept.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about as a concept. Yeah, I just feel like it's more people. But also I get it, like I don't want to say that I don't get it. And this is the really difficult part about this debate that you talk about online, and there are two sides to it, because it's like and I feel it too. It's like, you know, people you wear glam because you have so many negative comments about your appearance. Otherwise, anytime you're online, people are so mean about everyone else's appearance because.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at people that I even know, and like, like I'm looking at Gretchen Rossi or Lisatin or Gwen Stefani or any Kardashian or any games Old, any any or Alex Earl. And because one time in six months out or will say the Internet's not real, here's me with no makeup. They don't digest that that they're watching the other three hundred and sixty four day. So for me, I'm sitting here going I'm fifty two and I'm sitting here posting about drugstore makeup looking like a train wreck and like it's not an even playing field. So and also people are thinking that it's real. So I'm in the same boat as you. I just I just said fuck it, like so I yeah, so I understand what you're saying about them. They feel like we are now on television and we have this access to this, so why not put our best before it? And I get it because that's winning.
Speaker 3: That the whole world is.
Speaker 1: Winning over being real on reality television. It's just it's lost, it's fresh art, it's lost the freshness to it, and it's sort of a bummer. It's don't hate the player, hate the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just hard. I think we just have so much more immediate feedback. I mean now, when there's a Housewives episode, the internet is flooded with such specific notes about like appearance and everything, and so it's like, of course, of course they're like, well, okay, fuck, I'm gonna get my glam artists then, because like I don't want people to say that about me, Like I get it. It's it's it's difficult to stand up and be like no, like I'm I'm not gonna I don't care, Like this is what it's really hard, especially if, like you know, for example, if someone was the only person in a cast who doesn't come with glam, you're just like, like you said, it's like, well everybody else does.
Speaker 1: Like no, Denise, remember Denise on that falcony. They were all dressed like gone with the wind for nobody, just for themselves. And Denise walks in shorts, which is what you're wearing. You would wear that today, like yeah, wearing nothing. Yeah, that's what that's real.
Speaker 3: What she was doing.
Speaker 1: She walked into this, and she walked into Beverly Hills, which I would have a difficult time with, like I don't want to keep up.
Speaker 3: And you see the difference.
Speaker 1: Lisa Rinna had a sheath dress and short hair for most of her All of a sudden, the Erica Jane affect hit and now she's playing different costumes and role models and all to egos. And then Kyle got into it two with the wild ponytails and the hair art, and they all had to lean into it, you know, because Erica came in in full costume every single time. So even in the interviews you see these, it's her choice. She's choosing to do what. You know, she's putting on a show. Yeah, like share and a Bob Mackie dress. So it's just a conversation. It's very interesting, but it's not. And we got to this because you're saying, you don't know these women maybe dressing like this on their own, okay whatever. Yeah, So okay, so there are a lot of like two person alliances now, yes, yes, okay, So that's it's just a different dynamic right now. In this particular episode, you're seeing like groups of twos. So you have who are So you have Heather, who's hanging out with Lisa with I guess a pre existing problem like there's they're not they don't usually jive like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I would say the alliances are like Heather and Whitney, Meredith and Mary.
Speaker 2: Those are the two main ones. And that was always like hard for me because like, I love Meredith.
Speaker 4: I would say she's probably my favorite favorite housewive on Salt Lake because I think she's like sensible, Like to me, she just reads as like a very sensible person who like knows her worth, has a lot of self respect. But then Mary to me is just so like kind of like out there and not really just I don't even know, just I can't get a sense of like why she of like who she is as a person and very like interesting kookie vibe right, and and like the fact that Meredith and her have this alliance was always like interesting to me. But I also get it. I also separately do like Heather and Whitney. I do I like them at this point in the show. I definitely like them. I think they're just like real, They're funny there, you know. Whitney definitely likes.
Speaker 2: To stir the pot a lot.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should say that, say that about herself, like she is a very She's the one who will say like, well when she was gone, like you said that about her and I I mean, I think that's an important role to have on any Housewives cast is that person who's going to do that because otherwise it's boring.
Speaker 1: But that, let me just explain something to you. That's the person that that's the Tinsley that the producer is telling me we will actually do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see, I said that's.
Speaker 1: The person because it's funny that you mention this now. Yeah, because later in the scenes saying do you like to marry Jenny? You like, that's so awkward. No one has ever ever said that in any situation.
Speaker 3: That is a producer.
Speaker 1: N Yeah, that's a producer saying it and her not getting it out in a natural way.
Speaker 4: That's insane though, because well I'm so naive. Okay, well then yeah, I mean then if but she did it, she did it? Yeah, Yeah, that was wild. I mean the whole It's always interesting on Housewives when there's two people who just like some people aren't supposed to be friends, and nothing will heal that. And sometimes it's just like oil and water, and that's Jenny and Mary an Oh, we're.
Speaker 3: Getting to that. We're getting okay, we're getting No, don't worry.
Speaker 1: You can say anything at any times. I'm just saying I got a whole thing on that too. I just jumped ahead. So you kind of alluded to something that I saw in only one episode. It kind of felt like so Kelly Bensone and Jill's Aaron was a made for television friendship, like they would never have been friends in any other situation, Like they became friends because they're on the same show. It's like it's sort of like I forgot who it was, like Carol and Ramona being for okay, Like it's just like we're on an island. We're on Survivor. And you called it an alliance before, which is another thing that is not that real. It's a twenty twenty three you a reality show. So it seems like Mayor and Meredith aren't tracking to you and they aren't tracking to me.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forget, I forget what the history of their friendship is.
Speaker 2: I think it's more just like.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there was some deeper reason, but they just to me, I'm like, why are you doing that? But then I also get it because sometimes you have a person where like I've had that in my own life, where someone doesn't really make sense but you just kind of vibe with them anyway.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's what Meredith felt for Mary.
Speaker 1: I've had it too, but it feels very Reality TV. Were they friends before the show?
Speaker 4: No, or maybe a little knew of Mary's got this.
Speaker 3: She's in the church.
Speaker 4: It's not Meredith's not part of that church, but she's I guess, you know, a respected community. Mary is a respected community member in a lot of instances and whatever. But Mary doesn't really have anyone else in, you know, in that That's.
Speaker 1: What it's really like. Everybody needs, they need each other. Something's feeling weird to me. So I don't know enough, but something is feeling weird. And Mary Cosby, I didn't know who she was. She did something on social media that I guess was about me, or posted something I posted like and I think it's positive, like you know.
Speaker 3: Reiterating it said.
Speaker 1: So I then looked over and people had said something about, oh do you like Mary? Cosby and I'm like, I don't know who that is. Which once that got me in trouble for not knowing the Australian people because I just don't know who Mary Cosby is. But now I'm remembering her from this show. She looks very different on her social media. She looks very different in her interview. She looks very like it could not even be the same person based on her glamor. She has many looks, and she looks very different this season to the season before that. I didn't even think she was that same person on the couch that said that that Jen Shaw smelled like hospital.
Speaker 4: They are also they just do not They are like right this and and I mean they're both truly Like I mean, Mary is in a way a great housewife because she's had such an extreme personality and she's so she never has like bend or like she's never bent in her life.
Speaker 2: She's never been like oh yeah, I see what you mean.
Speaker 4: Or she doesn't even speak like a normal human, does you know normal people are like oh yeah, yeah, okay, I get what you mean, or oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: She's like, I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I don't unfiltered in a very harsh and abrasive way, a.
Speaker 2: Very intense way, you know.
Speaker 4: And then there's a thing about she's married to her step grandfather, so that adds another layer of like, you know, the house, it's just interesting, you know, and it's like it yeah, and so that, and then she she didn't show up to the reunion I believe this time. And so then that's when she got off because she didn't.
Speaker 3: She's not okay, but she's coming back.
Speaker 4: But they're going to have her back now because I guess she had to skip a season. I know, what's that clause? What's it called the the whatever clause whoever it was, whereas if you.
Speaker 2: Skip their reunion, you don't get to go the next season.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know that great, so so, but she's apparently coming back, which, honestly, even though I don't vibe with her that much in terms of her personality, I do think she makes for the television the alooferal.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, so I'm I'm actually she has like funny one funny one liners, and and at least she's not afraid to be her whole self on TV. So it does make for interesting TV. Like I'm actually sad she's coming back, and like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find her to be off putting. But in some cases, like.
Speaker 3: You understan rational coming from yeah.
Speaker 1: Off putting, rational, somewhat relatable because she's your inside voice, like yes, I don't want to talk to you new cast housewife about my husband, Like that's very literal. She's very literal, and I relate to that because I'm a very little so but I find her also off putting. But I when I saw one on social media, she seemed like you could understand where she's coming from. So yeah, she's a quizical like enigma, this woman that I don't totally understand, So okay, we'll put her to the side from yeah, okay, yeah it was it was found out that she has all these fake bags. First of all, I want to mention, I want to ask, do these people visit her or keep in touch with her after her going away?
Speaker 3: From what you.
Speaker 4: Understand, No, it was only Heather till the end, like who was literally like no, she's you know, she's my girl, like until she got sentence and then she was like oh wow, like okay, I was wrong.
Speaker 3: So they all abandoned her, like after they knew.
Speaker 4: I think that they knew, Like I think I think it was Oh god, I think it was Lisa Barlow on some other episode was like I've been hearing things or like there was suspicions, like people had their suspicions, which obviously would write. And then it just no one, no one was really that bonded to her as a person aside from Heather, so.
Speaker 1: I was, you know, and unconditional love. It wasn't like a best friend of twenty years.
Speaker 4: I got into trouble, but howther was really like her number one bitch until the end and then until she got sentenced.
Speaker 2: She duped them all. It's just so crazy.
Speaker 4: I just the I mean, it is just wild that you would come on a show after committing that level of fraud and flaunt your bags and take people in your closet.
Speaker 2: I just I can't get over the fake bags.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess some of them are fake and some of them are real, but it's just like she's so ostentatious and even.
Speaker 1: That's but that's I mean, I love Theresa, but season one paying for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars furniture and cash and you and your husband go to jail like this is not the first time.
Speaker 3: And most of the people on these shows.
Speaker 1: And I know, like straight up facts are all show and no go, and they're fronting and stunting because there it's the Kim Zolesiak model.
Speaker 3: You take the gig.
Speaker 1: You think, if you show your rich and you have story and that's what people are gonna find interesting, You're gonna then be able to catch up and make more money to show that you're rich and be a person that people find interesting. It's very rare for someone to just be like I. That's why I spoke to Carol and Manzo. I'm giving Carol and Manzol a shout out because a couple of months ago I spoke to her and we're just having a normal conversation talking about something, and she said, now, I took a hit in the pandemic. It was really hard for us. We had the chateau or whatever her thing is, called her her her plate, the man or the Man, yeah, whatever wherever she does, she does her events. And she said, we took a hit. It's been chat just a person being honest about their financial circumstances. I also like Jacqueline Lorita that season saying we're selling our watches. We're doing like, that's admirable.
Speaker 3: It happens. It's America.
Speaker 1: But what you have on reality TV is all these people on all the shows everyone Beverly Hills, New York, Miami, they're all front not they're they're mostly i'd say ninety percent fronting and stunting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ninety percent. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always joke that my number one hobby is worrying about other people's finances because I'm doing the math and like, and look, I'm dyslexic, Like you know, I'm not some big numbers guy. But like when I'm watching the show and I'm I know how much glam costs now because I'm you know, I get it. Sometimes I know how much clothes costs and I'm like, I know math, and I'm like I'm and you.
Speaker 1: Know, like she's not lending to them or Chanelle is gifting to them. You know who they're giving to and it's not sound it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like to me, it's almost like the it's like the other character and Housewives is the money spec Oh, very smart.
Speaker 1: I always say, by the way, I love you because this is very okay. Tanks, I always say, and you've lived in London and you live in New York City, you get a New York City apartment. My apartment was seven million dollars. I sold it for it was public. Okay, that was a four thousand square foot apartment. And so for seven million dollars. In Beverly Hills you get to live in Kyle's house on multiple acres.
Speaker 3: So they get to.
Speaker 1: Show more palation where we have to have Durinda look like she's living in a small, shitty apartment when it's really you know, it's a almost two million dollar apartment, but two million dollars in the suburbs of Atlanta could be eighteen thousand feet. So they get to look so rich. So there's a disparity in the way things look. And in Beverly Hills, the items and the luxury is another character in the show.
Speaker 3: It's in the b roll the back.
Speaker 4: It's like, but it's all of them, it's all of them spend so interestingly, it's so interesting what across all the franchises, how people spend their money and what they deem important or not in terms of finances, and like what they're snobby about and what they're not snobby about and look, it's everyone's prerogative to spend their money how they want, but you can see how it gets to be overwhelming trying to keep up with the glitz and the glam of of everyone else.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but they're spending because they're on the show.
Speaker 3: They not. They did not this, I know personally.
Speaker 1: Also, they did not spend at this clip off the show, which is the Alex Simon bringing the cameras to Cavali and spending thirty thousand hours when they then you know, and you saw their place, like it's spending for the shows.
Speaker 3: It's the Kim Zosiak model. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, there are rumors about a lot of different housewives and is it really their house and.
Speaker 3: Are they renting and is it bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: I had a girl on our show rent the Lamborghini like it's really for the cameras. And the thing is, like you I'll say, like I got it going pretty good, like and I'm very financially secure and I have a very successful fiance.
Speaker 3: And I don't roll like that, and I have one child.
Speaker 1: Like I know the numbers too, I could do the numbers too, And you're like, hold on, you're wearing a fifty thousand dollars outfit on just one day of filming, Like, and I know you don't roll like that, and I know what you make, like, I know you don't even you don't make half a million dollars on a show, and you're spending ten percent of what you don't make in an outfit, Like it's not tracking because they're hoping that the brand deals will come and then things will come and the music will stop. That's what happened. That's that's the Kim and Corey effect. So that's why I talked about that, because it doesn't matter that it's Housewives. It's America, and there people that are poor that have made forty, you know, twenty eight thousand dollars a year trying to support a family and they're paying their taxes. So then people get in trouble and then they're they're watching us on television and they feel betrayed because they've been watching it as real. Yeah, it's a whole circular reference. Yeah, I find it very fascinating, And here we go. Jen Shaw is a perfect example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like but she I mean, but to me, it seems like she was spending that way before the show. To me, it seems Deen was just she was really loving that money and she you know, she had the bags and the opulence before, and she came in as this sort of like over the top ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh who, So she was spending like the plan was going down because she was playing with the houses money.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, I mean, I just like she That's kind of how she was introduced. Like there wasn't a big like upswing between season one and season two in terms of her or spending. Like she came in as like I love Chanel, like that was her thing, so like whatever, whatever.
Speaker 2: She was always wearing that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: And it's like, but I think that also the newer franchises have the advantage or maybe disadvantage of seeing what works on the other franchises, so they're like, oh, like everyone likes the rich, richest one, or like, oh it's cool to ball out, and like that's what resonates, which is interesting because like, actually, historically if you look at the fan favorite, it's not it's not always the richest, flashiest housewife. Like that's not what I think wins people over. I'm the first to say I joke about this all the time. Like I like my housewives rich, like I like to see the private jets. I like to see it's escapism, like I like to not you know, I don't want anyone to be spending about their means so that they can entertain me.
Speaker 2: But like I like that stuff. But my favorite housewives.
Speaker 4: Are certainly not the ones who are like balling out the most. Like I like the it's a personality thing. And even though America does love to have escapism and like watch that, I don't think that collectively.
Speaker 2: Our loyalty lies with like the biggest baller I.
Speaker 1: Know, but you need them to play against something else. You may like the straight You may think I'm funny, but that's because I'm next to Paul, who's the straight guy in the act. Like you need somebody for.
Speaker 2: Them to play against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have that to compare it against it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people think, you know, I was thought of is the most relatable in the Greek course only because I was queen of the dipshits, not you know, who knows, Like maybe it's because of who I was paired with. I mean, you know, but I would never be cast now in that ikea apartment that I had, Like I redid that apartment after my book and after I you know, first was not flat broke, and I redid the entire apartment for ten thousand dollars IKEA. That was me not having the hot and cold sink things that came with the apartment. Like that was my big you know, Jefferson's moving on up moment. And they would never cast that apartment now he as apartment was a problem for Bravo.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, because that's not Aspery.
Speaker 1: It's not Bravo, it's not what they want, it's not they So so it's a it's a it's it's the tail wagging the dog. Because the housewives are cast. If they look rich, they don't have to be rich. They have to look rich. And if they sort of look rich but aren't really rich, it's even better because then you're gonna have a gen Shaw Toreese the situation in Erica Jane's situation. So it's a circular reference that's maybe not the best for the country, but the viewer is watching right and you know, so it's an interesting conversation and you're smart, so.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 3: So why are they talking about this memorial? Being fake.
Speaker 4: So Meredith's father sadly passed away, and I guess they are questioning whether there was a memorial because something about gen Shaw's like arrest, they kind of felt like she knew what was going to happen, Like that's what they're accusing her of, if I'm remembering correctly, And she's like, don't talk about my father, like whether there was a memorial or not, Like it doesn't really mean.
Speaker 1: It does read a little murky, and I don't know what ended up happening, But the way she's defending it so crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like be subtle.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like it seems like it's a why would that even be a question that she had or didn't have a memorial?
Speaker 3: And did we find out right?
Speaker 4: And if she did, you would just be like, yeah, I was at his memorial, like fuck off. But still like I don't know, I'm I'm I'm kind of like bad in this way because I like, if I like a housewife, I'll excuse their behavior.
Speaker 2: And I really do like Meredith.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm like, I'm like, you know, if she didn't want to be there, if she found something out, like I yeah, that's okay, like you know, she her look, her dad did pass away, Like it's obviously a very sensitive time, like you know, no, it's not good to.
Speaker 1: Lie, but like I don't know, no, I understand, and also being whether it was there were tracking the exact time, like the time around a death is a time that you're in mourning.
Speaker 2: So you're saying yeah, and it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: And it's like she would have been it took from my understanding, she would have been there any way with her family, whether there was a memorial or where there wasn't, Like she's busy and and even if she was kind of like, oh I found something out, I don't want to be there. She's still mourning her father, and I think she gets a free pass in that sense, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, And it feels a little petty, and it feels convoluted, and it feels very like made up housewives argument, like there's a lot of you know, discussion around this, and it's feeling a little petty.
Speaker 3: The help me.
Speaker 1: Jesus and the religious talk like just thrown around is so full. I call it like faux spirituality. When someone in yoga is like this is your journey.
Speaker 3: That's that's like they are.
Speaker 4: That's that's how that that's salt Lake. And I actually like it because it's like it's different, like it's.
Speaker 3: It's like bless your Heart in the South. It's yeah, And that's like.
Speaker 2: You know, they do.
Speaker 4: All of them have a very interesting relationship with religion, which I really appreciate that they all kind of.
Speaker 2: Talk about a lot.
Speaker 4: And I mean, you know, Heather and her book Bad Mormon, like she you know, left the church, Whitney left the church, marry the super religious like church leader. You know, they they all they all really bring that to the table. And talking about spirituality and religion on America on television is scary because this is a very opinionating.
Speaker 1: I like it that they're having a conversation and you're saying they have their own relationship with To me, they do. Overall, there's a fraudulent vibe to.
Speaker 4: It because because you're from me, because you live in New York, and like no one in New York would ever be like help me Jesus or even think about that there.
Speaker 2: It's like it's just no, I.
Speaker 3: Don't care that they're saying help me Jesus.
Speaker 1: But the way it's juxtaposed with some behavior like the other girl said she was on a strip of pol and God taught me to do that.
Speaker 4: I think that they are still figuring it out, like we won't understand because we were not brought up up in the Mormon Church how difficult it was. And there's a scene when actually Whitney, I think it's after this, she writes some sort of a letter. You know, to get out of the church is like a big hoopla, like you have to do a lot of things and say, but she signed something that's like I'm fully free of the church. And it's like when you were brought up that way, when you were brought up to think sex is bad and you know alcohol is bad, and then all of a sudden you switch it like you still have you still have the voice in your head of God. And you know, maybe they're trying to find a new footing and new relationship right which I'm very into because it's like, you know, maybe they thought, Okay, well my God actually does want me to dance on a No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm receiving what you're saying. You're saying like that could be a rebellion. There could be there in between two worlds the purgatories. Yea, yeah, I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying. But I do think they're using it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, I'm I'm gonna I'll agree with you. I'll see you.
Speaker 1: I'll say I think that it's being like used a little bit at their like as a as a tool or a not a weapon, but like it's being used a little I think religion as a concept is being a little bit manipulated.
Speaker 3: To tailor your your host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the But I hear what you're I agree with what you're saying, and I actually like it. It's it's smart. I actually think it's I think it's really smart. And Okay, so I love now this sanctimonious your friend Meredith. I understand her being like, who's paying for this party? But it's an interesting time for now this to come up, like we know, you know, like so now we're talking about the party and who's paying for it, but the loophole is the husbands are.
Speaker 3: Paying for it. Like oh, sorry, I skipped over apart. Sorry.
Speaker 1: The Bachelor scene is like when they set up the little table for the three women to sit at Mary, Jenny and Meredith and they're talking about their relationships, and I did understand why Mary does and want this like forced relationship discussion with this girl Jenny that she seems to just be turned off by.
Speaker 3: She just doesn't. I've not.
Speaker 1: I've you can also on Housewives. So tinks you cannot like someone on Housewives cause they're like in the way and they seem fake or they don't.
Speaker 3: You may like like them fine.
Speaker 1: At a cocktail party, like, but when you're forced to be around them all day and like you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Like stay see friendship, You're just like, get the fuck out of the way. Right now, we're doing a real big girl talk.
Speaker 1: I've had that, and it's yeah, like I thought Jules was perfectly lovely to girl on our show. She was fun, she was nice. Even Tinsley sometimes I've pushed out of the way, and I really like Tinsley. Sometimes you're on the Housewives and like you'll say somebody to Tinsley and she's like, yeah, I don't really want to talk about that right now. You're like, okay, Hi, there are men above you with cameras that are fifty pounds, So like I don't want to talk about this either or on the Housewives, so like let's put our knee pads on and do the work. So sometimes you just don't want to deal with someone in that environment, but in any other situation you might be fine with them. But like, yeah, Jenny being her new best and she's going to do therapy with she's turned off by just for arguments sake, I'm explaining like that it's a dynamic that could.
Speaker 4: Be Yeah, I think that's a fair take, and I think I will Yeah, I just think that Mary for some reason has a major issue with Jenny. She doesn't like her, and like I see why Mary finds Jenny in this instance like kind of fake, like her question like, oh, let's talk about her husbands. However, I will say that I really commend Jenny because she was very honest about like major issues in her marriage that has got to be hard to talk about on TV. Her husband's like, you know, he wants to have another kid, and she's like, I really don't want to, and like then he suggests that they start a poly polygamous marriage, like that they should add a wife, and like that's insane, Like I cann't do that. On TV like to me, and and it was so clear she was so hurt and he just wasn't getting it. And she did all of it on Housewives in a very to me real way, Like I felt like Jenny was really you know, showing it, and so I like, I didn't have a soft spot for her, but I was like, I definitely think she's bringing it. I definitely think she's being real and Mary just doesn't like her, and that's you know, that's okay. Jenny's very like new girl like raw ra like I want to talk about it, like I'm game for anything, and that's like not Mary's Mary's vibes.
Speaker 6: So uh huh good, I uh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: No, you're very I like that You're like a good This is good for me to do this with you, because not just because you have institutional knowledge, but I like your takes and we come from totally different sides. So I'm agreeing with you that she can be She seems slightly annoying just on the surface, right, I'm seeing that she's making an effort as a housewife, Like I'm seeing that she's like moving information and wanting to talk and say we're not all supposed to be friends, like you are in a different You're on a show, and you're not hanging out with these people normally, so you have to operate in your cubicle, workplace office where with people.
Speaker 3: That you don't normally want to hang out with.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But I my first season or my second season, when I was sitting with the guy Jason I was dating, who did not want to be on at all, and I had him beyond and we were sitting at.
Speaker 2: A table, and I remember that scene and.
Speaker 1: Wanted me to say, like, what about moving in together? And he was like, we'll talk about it later, and he said it all the times in my book.
Speaker 4: It's seared in my brain. That's okay, is seared in my brain, like I remember it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So know that while it was real in the moment, the whole circumstances of it weren't real because he didn't really feel that way. But he was on camera right now, right and now that is not what it was today. They wanted me to be on that show really badly, just like they did when I came back. So there were, you know, licenses they were willing to give and things they'd go for in my life when I came back, I didn't have my kid on my boyfriend, but a new house. So i'vee in twenty twenty three that wants so badly to be on.
Speaker 3: Those producers are.
Speaker 1: Like, well, you're gonna have to talk about this, and you're gonna and we heard that, and you're gonna have to talk about that, and if you're gonna do it, your husband's gonna have to talk about this. And so she's having side conversations when they're signing up, saying they're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna let us do it if you don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: So, while I agree with everything you were saying that you're saying, she was so open, I can smell a little because the first thing when I saw the flashback with the husband was like, this guy's dying. He can't believe he's doing this. Why is he doing this? He's not being paid a nickel, This isn't Jersey. The husband's don't get pay And I'm thinking, from like my institutional knowledge that yes, she's sharing all this, but I do not know how much those producers needed her to so split the difference, just letting.
Speaker 2: You know that the difference, Yeah, yeah, split.
Speaker 1: The difference that yes, she shared it and she went there and she could have just shut down, to shut down and not share it anything, Like, I understand what you're saying. That gives me more perspective. She's playing the game, is what.
Speaker 2: You're both playing the game?
Speaker 1: Yes, and the other woman Mary just can't stomach. Okay, so what do you think about this whole party discussion about your friend Meredith who is having a problem with the party and who paid for it? And we start with that with that discussion, it husband's actually paid.
Speaker 4: It's it's jen Shaw's party, right, That's what it was.
Speaker 1: It's Genshaw's party, which Genshaw didn't pay for, nor did the husband's production paid for it?
Speaker 2: Right right, right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then but then yeah, but then one.
Speaker 4: Of the I'm trying to remember, but is it who so production paid or is this the situation, because there's there's some sometime on Salt like when someone paid for Oh that was actually later sorry that's in season three.
Speaker 1: But here it's everybody wants and Genshaw loves attention, and you can tell she loves a party because the first season she wanted to do that big party. So everybody wants it to be their trip, right, their idea, and there's no reason for that. You should want to sit in the back.
Speaker 2: Not me. Man, if I was on it, I'd be like, you guys plan it, I'll shank you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It becomes this competition and people don't even know why they're doing it. Everybody wants the finale. Luanne wants it to be cabaret, Durinda wants it to be her charity. Everybody wants this. Ramona fought for the trips like her life was depending upon. Everybody wanted it to be their thing. If it's business, I'd want it to be my thing. Like Mi Tequila trip, which was epic. That's different.
Speaker 3: So here.
Speaker 1: Someone owns the trip and gets to be That's why the other girl going, it's really amazing Je. The new girls like, it's amazing what Jen did.
Speaker 3: And she did.
Speaker 2: Gender do anything right?
Speaker 4: She did she didn't, she really didn't. And then she did something like you're a bad friend. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember. I mean Jen is just like it's just she started digging a hole and she can't stop digging, Like why are you worrying about who hosts the party.
Speaker 2: When you are like guilty of fraud. I mean it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of right, like is that a diversion she's running down.
Speaker 1: She's wearing that hideous outfit with that hideous bombing belt that I actually have in other callers and want to throw away now as a result of that outfit, you know that you know exactly what I'm talking about, that bombing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I really wonder if, like in the lead up, I really really wondered, like in her gut and I talked about this on my Instagram actually, I was like, in her gut, does she know that she's done something wrong? And I don't think right that she. I think that there's two types of people. I think there's people who are like, I'm going to commit a crime, like I'm gonna commit fraud, and I hope I don't get caught, but if I do, Okay. I think that in her head she's somehow manipulated it and she actually doesn't think she's in the wrong, because the way that she acts, like once she knows she's going to trial in jail and like crying, it's as if she genuinely believes she's innocent. And that's how she carried on until the end and it's like, I think it could be deflection.
Speaker 1: It could be like watch what Happens Live, delusion acting to the end like they didn't do anything wrong and they're victims. A lot of people act like they're victims of the system. Or it could be made off where it's like to the day before, you're still moving the money around in the accounts because.
Speaker 3: You have you've believed your own myth.
Speaker 1: That's so part of theest thing you're doing that you've believed your own myth.
Speaker 5: Well, and then in the next and then as this as the season goes on and whatever, jenn is still so involved in, like the drama of the ladies and like acting like, well, everyone has to be nice to me because like I'm going to trial and it's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like you're wondering what she's thinking now going backwards in particular, knowing what happened.
Speaker 4: And she's like, you know, how could you be I would be like sitting there freaking out, like in silence, not being like, well, you're a bad friend to me, Like there's bigger fish to fry, and it just it flabbergasted me. How in the weeds of the Other Housewives stuff she was into even given knowing. I mean, and again maybe that's deflection, maybe because it's like, well, what else can she do?
Speaker 2: What matter?
Speaker 3: What does it even matter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I think it's that's very It's a great conversation. So there, and now we're going to get into it. So they coincide. The Congo line is something that like the producers like, I'd love to see you guys doing a Kongo line out, So that's a produced thing to get outside. And then we sit down and I just want to talk about the tone deaf snowflake necklace. And also you're going away for defrauding people or even be acute even being accused of that. So tinks you're accused of something that has anything to do with money, and now you're giving diamond saying and I'm the diamond in the center.
Speaker 2: No, it's insane, it's insane.
Speaker 1: But what did you think of Whitney's connection about Meredith having no problem taking the gift, but she didn't want to sit at the dinner Like it's a little bit of a reach. I know she's your friend in your head, but she it's a little bit of a reach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a reach.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I don't know, I just felt like Meredith was like over this whole trip. She's not she wasn't like fully in it ever. I mean, what was she going to do. I guess you could say, no, I don't want the necklace. I guess that's a fine thing to do, but like that's more dramatic. Yeah, you know, that's like more like bringing the bunny back, like what you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like it's just kind of like, yeah, she was.
Speaker 4: She was just over it and wanted to do like the least like dramatic thing possible, and in her head that was it. I mean, that's yes, where my mind goes. But yeah, okay, okay, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Mary saying you don't have a husband, that just shows she has a scathing Ramona streak of like a vicious comment that just comes out of that was like vicious and unnecessary and related to nothing. And you have a skeleton in your own closet if it's wrong. I don't even understand what a step grandfather is, but it doesn't sound normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, And yeah, I think like that. I think that's why people have a big problem with Mary is because she if any of the women, like to your previous point, like, if any of the women.
Speaker 3: Do use.
Speaker 4: God or a relationship to religion as a as a shield, it's Mary Like She's definitely the most extreme where she feels because in her head, she genuinely feels she is like channeling God. There's an episode where she like, she does her podcast and she's like, I am basically God, like I'm God on Earth like whatever. And so I think why people have a problem with that is because obviously your relationship with God is your own, but it seems that if you were, you know, a steward of God on earth, you would be more loving. And she's one of the most cold and like unloving people on the cast, Like she doesn't really have empathy or like a warmth for anyone.
Speaker 2: So I think that that's.
Speaker 4: One of the ways why people find it like her a little bit difficult to swallow.
Speaker 1: There's a conversation about this blanket thing that was bizarre too, just saying like can you get me like A, I doubt that's going to happen, Like it's a another random shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It a it's a it's a spicy trip in terms of housewife strips, it's high tension really, everyone like there's no passive aggressive aggression.
Speaker 2: People are just like come out swinging.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, right, but then yeah, but with Whitney saying everyone is to be the same and we have to be consistent. Like everyone's trying to figure out. It's so funny. They're trying to do the math. Like someone's saying to Jen, Jenna's saying, I've been a good friend to you, and then Jen's like saying that, or uh, Lisa, Lisa saying she's been a good friend to Jen Shaw and because she's just being honest, and everyone's trying to like vie for the definition of what a good friend good friend And that's another interesting one. And it boomeranged on Lisa for jumping in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boomerang, she jumped in and she got yeah, so that's what happened, right, right, right, So she she's like, don't turn this on me, and then she storms off and she turns on Meredith and she's like no.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, and she's Lisa's very like concerned with being in the right and I don't think she likes when people are angry at with her, which like fair enough, Okay, those are two things that are very common, Like I don't like when people are angry at me either, but you know, she gets she can kind of sometimes like start a fight and then like she goes to her room, she like doesn't finish kind of thing, you know, So I like, but yeah, boomerang back on her. They're all very concerned with like, well I should. But that's like a common thing of like I showed up for you, because the loyalty on Housewives, like it's it can be shaky because unless you are true, like honest to god friends off camera, you do kind of have to go off of like this loyalty on the show. And you think that that means something. You think you're putting in chips with someone and then they turn around and bite you know.
Speaker 1: But the definition of it is very bizarre because for me, it would be like Ramona would say, I showed up at your whatever, so I don't know, I didn't come to my whatever, and I'm like, I didn't, I didn't want I don't care if you came to my whatever, and I don't want to go to your whatever because that's a whatever, Like it's some dumb, made up brand jewelry party that she's throwing, and the chits on this series are invite her, don't invite her. I want her to show up when I don't. Some people don't care about being invited to anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like this this.
Speaker 1: Thing about showing up, and I don't know what that actually means.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's actually why I asked you if anyone visited Jenshaw in jail, because I was wondering. You know, it'll come back six years when the Housewife is still going on and she gets out and we'll hear about how nobody visited her in jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it would. It would have only been Heather. And then I think I think she I think Heather, from my understanding, felt like fully lied too, because she fully didn't. I think that until like the last day, Jen was like, no, dude, I'm innocent. Like it's fine, I'm innocent, and Heather believed her.
Speaker 1: There's an honesty to Heather's relationship to religion that you wouldn't believe that I have that I believe like that.
Speaker 4: I think my take was genuinely that like Whitney's kind of like sarcastic and like, yeah, God made me get on the poll, like whatever, Like I cut just.
Speaker 2: The way she speaks. But I really do believe.
Speaker 4: I believe her journey, and I believe that it's complex, and I believe she's living in authenticity with who she wants to be now, and I believe that with Heather too. I think that they're just on different paths and came to it at different times. But I actually like, I'm sad they're they're not in the greatest place now anymore. But I actually like, I actually like both of them as you're the best.
Speaker 1: You love You're like, I don't know, so you're really speak you know these people you're invested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's invested. Guys think invested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watch in a different way, which I really like you invested.
Speaker 3: I like, you're a real fan of this franchise. Yeah, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so, so I love the phrase that Lisa used about these girls emotionally coddling. She's like, I don't need to be emotionally coddling these people, Like I just it's.
Speaker 3: Just whether you believe what she was saying or not. I like the expression.
Speaker 4: It's a good it's a good expression. Yeah, it's I think I don't. Yeah, I mean, I think it's a great expression. I don't really think anyone emotionally coddles anyone else on that show, apart from maybe Heather to Jen in at this point in time. I think that she was like, sometimes when someone is so ridiculous like Jen is, people tend to pander to them a little bit and be like kind of like we meet them at their level and be like, yeah, like it's totally normal to dress like, you know, a circus conductor or whatever, like you know, blah blah blah, like right, but I don't, like, I can't think of you know, they're all I'll say this about salt, like, they're all pretty tough, Like they're not whiny, like they're they're all pretty tough women, and they can all bring it and they can all articulate their feelings pretty well.
Speaker 2: So great phrase, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't I don't totally. I can't remember who she was talking about, but yeah, it's a good phrase.
Speaker 1: And Mary saying that Mary's a criticizing that Lisa eats candy and taco bell and nutrients, which I like, it's weird. She's making some sort of logic though she's like there's no depth. It's funny, Like I think she's nuts, but I kind of understand what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Does that make any sense?
Speaker 4: She it was just criticizing that that she eats a lot of junk, but like I don't, I don't know. I'm kind of like, you can't equate like food good like joic food with yeah, and like she's she's insinuating that it's like good food is like close to godliness or whatever, and I'm just like I don't.
Speaker 2: Buy that at all.
Speaker 4: Oh that's bullshit, like bullshit, and like everyone drinks a lot of soda in Utah, and like so what she eats Taco Bell?
Speaker 2: Like who cares?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's good to it to assign moral value to food for a bunch of reasons, but like least of all like as if.
Speaker 2: Like because that then it's like, well, you know, where are we going with this? Like I think that's so stupid.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't But my only thing that is like if I were Lisa, I wouldn't have even gotten triggered by that.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, yeah, you Taco Bell, that's.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that way, by the way, taking the bait is the biggest miss she.
Speaker 4: And she Okay, you know, when I retract my previous statement about Lisa, it's not that she doesn't like when people are mad at her.
Speaker 2: It's like she always takes the bait.
Speaker 4: She always says and like I one thing I do like about Meredith is that she's more like I'm not talking about this like this is so that's very you, and that's very me. I'm just like, if you, like, if someone criticized, like how much dick could I drink? Allowed to diet coke? If someone criticized me, I wouldn't. I'd be like do you have nothing? Like that's yeah, that's your hit, Like come on, bring the heat, like criticize something else if we're going to be here. But like I go to Taco Bell, like.
Speaker 2: Come on, get real. But she got so offended and it's like.
Speaker 4: Well is it like what what is that triggering for you or whatever?
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, parenting, it's triggering.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna say. It's parenting. And it's like, oh, come on, Like it's twenty twenty three. Are we really at a place where we are criticis at women criticizing other women about their parenting, Like that's not cool. I really like, I don't have kids, but to me, even insinuating that you're not feeding your kids like the right food is just like, come on, anyone with eyes can see that Lisa is a good mom, a dedicated mom, and like she lets her kids go to talk about who doesn't like get.
Speaker 1: Okay, so correct, great, So this is a cruel group because you have the you don't have a husband, you're a shitty parent, like there's a you're a step granddaddy.
Speaker 3: Like it's kind of a cruel.
Speaker 1: It's a cruel dinner, a cruel group. And for me, I just thought it was so funny that Mary called the girl Jenny. I think that was who she called a chihuahua.
Speaker 2: It was a cruel dinner.
Speaker 4: It was just cruel, and a lot of the cruelness coming from Mary, who is supposedly, you know, the most pious person ever. So yeah, it was it was a it was a it was a heat heated dinner for sure.
Speaker 3: Little dirty, Yeah, little dirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, So well, anyway, oh my god, I know you guys have to go. I really want your book to hit the list. Tell me how I can help. I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 2: It was so fun? I mean I could talk about this all day, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you're very very good.
Speaker 1: There are certain people like Tory Spelling is amazing at this and Jenny McCarthy was amazing, Like you're really good and in a totally different way, like you're very analytical about it, and we're talking about religion and we're talking about legality and flaunting.
Speaker 3: So I love it. You're the greatest. Thank you, Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Dam you good to see you.
Speaker 1: Good luck, hustle, get sleep, hydrate because you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: You any activation. Thank you, Bye, guys.
Speaker 1: So Tinks was really helpful because she's it's like talking about the game to her with Tom Brady, Like, no, it's not because she hasn't played, so I guess I'm Tom Brady. But she's another like anchor on ABC Sports that I'm talking to sports about that really understands the game and we're breaking down the game.
Speaker 3: So I like that.
Speaker 1: We have sometimes people walking in that haven't seen the show, because you could see the Tinks had a favorite. She loved Meredith, so she's not agnostic, she's not unbiased. She has a favorite. She let us know who it is. And I appreciate that too, at least you know it. So she's coming in with very, very analytical and institutional knowledge of this group, more than I have. But I have analytical and institutional knowledge of this series and of the franchise. So I thought it was really interesting. And we had pushedback, and she took it seriously, and she really you know, she wasn't like I said in the beginning, she's hosting, like she's not hosting or co hosting, but like she was driving a lot.
Speaker 3: I was deferring to her for a lot.
Speaker 1: So I love a fresh perspective and I love a seasoned perspective, which she had, and I love talking about religion and different dynamics on the show. I thought it was an interesting show. I don't know why we didn't talk about heathermore because I like her hmm.
Speaker 3: And I like Whitney, I like Lisa.
Speaker 1: I like a lot of the girls, but they were very, very nasty on this particular show. Lisa had a hot mic, which happens to everyone. I have not had that ever happen. That must feel so violating and not knowing. I don't know, when you find that out, maybe in a teaser, and you panic because you don't know what you really said. That's horrifying. That sounds dreadful. I don't know if I've ever Maybe I had that with Jason at my surprise party for Bethany ever after, and it aired like what I said in the bathroom, and it's embarrassing. But I don't know. That sounds horrible. So it was great. She was amazing.