Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start here and where we.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Alright, alright, dig Man.
Speaker 4: Dart, your.
Speaker 2: Greetings. Welcome to a Wednesday edition of The Shotguns Start. It is July twenty eighth. Andy, how are we.
Speaker 4: Doing, Brendan, I'm doing great. You know, I know I'm doing a lot better than you. You know, you've been what putting your you know, your feet bend to the fire. I'm the Coles hot coals. Australian's coming at you left and right.
Speaker 2: National headlines talking about this in public. That's not true. National headlines, that's not true. I've been learning a lot of new words, a lot of new I mean, I don't know if I'm learning. I'm just staying in the dark when I'm being called a lot of mean things by Australians. Look, I didn't know we were talking about this on the podcast. I made a joke tweet about the swimming coach. Was you know, if I'm being honest, not joking, acting like a Yahoo acting like a buffoon up there over celebrating. But it's fine, he could do that. I don't have any serious criticisms of him. I tweeted something about him was a disgrace to the game. Clearly that's a joke because swimming's not a game. A lot of people are calling me an idiot for saying it was a game. This is a sport. Like, yeah, I know, it's a golf joke. Sorry, I mean it's in like the Daily Mail, my tweet like about how Americans are mad at the like it was a joke. I apologize to the content of Australia. I mean the coach, you know whatever, he could act however he wants. I don't know that I agree with it. But the tweet was just a just And now I'm getting it's two days on I just we just hear record and one called me somebody just tweeted me it sounds like a sore loser from a nation of sore losers. And you're getting all these lectures. It's unbelievable, and uh yeah, it's whatever. It's a little entertainment on the side during vacation week. Ause Australia, the continent gets worked out at me. I didn't know you were going to bring that up. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Imagine, just imagine if you start, if you start talking about Mark Leishman's style of play, you know, batting it around, They're just gonna get You.
Speaker 3: Might bet me number one in Australia.
Speaker 4: We would have to consult Mike Clayton to get to rehab your image abroad.
Speaker 2: The tweet was a joke. I just can't have fun out to her. I should have known better that it wouldn't be interpreted, you know. It's just the disgrace to the game. I thought it was pretty clear I was just mussing route. But anyways, I'll be rooting for camp Smith, Mark Leishman and who had their caddies, whoever else is in the Green and Gold this week at Kasumigaseki Golf Club. Anyways, I love Australia. It seems like a much better place than here. I'm sure it's fantastic. All right, schedule, let's see our schedule for the week. The Wi fi spotty at least I'm not on a phone here, but we'll get through this schedule for the week we begin with the men's Olympics golf competition that is at the aforementioned Kasumigaseki Golf Club. It is not in Tokyo. It's you know, it's at least two hours, hour and a half from the Olympic village. Sixty man field. The men's this week, women's next week, sixty players. I don't think we need to get into you know, notables or who's not there. Who is there. We've lost Rom and Bryson, which we talked about on Monday. The hours for that are six thirty at three am. Wednesday is round one. So it's gonna be like that basically Wednesday through Sunday six thirty pm in the Eastern time zone of the United States to three thirty am. So you're gonna have like a metal ceremony Saturday night or Sunday morning, if you're being proper, three thirty in the morning, with live from and other things stressed up around it. So, I uh, you know, I'm moderately excited. I'm intrigued by this event. I think, you know, obviously the format is a big whiff. We don't know, you need to get into that again. You know, everybody's trying to reinvent the wheel on.
Speaker 4: That thirty five articles about it. If you want to read about it, I'll just twist on the same idea that was the same idea four years ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I think you did you suggest n cuble a. I think I know you have at Cuba format. Everybody's that's double everybody everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna the claim being the uh, the starter of that take.
Speaker 4: I feel like since the moment that the the format came out, that's, uh, that's been kind of a drum banged on and it's just, you know, a drum that's gonna be banged on all.
Speaker 3: Week, which is it's very true.
Speaker 4: It sticks every other The Olympics are great because the team competition and there's no team competition.
Speaker 3: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Also, like the qualification stuff, it kind of robs me the wrong way. Like I feel like, you know, like the US having four guys in there, and if you're a country that has like four guys in the top one two hundred, you should get four guys. And if you're in the top two hundred shouldn't be like regardless, if you're only top twenty.
Speaker 3: Like, let these.
Speaker 4: Countries have field full teams that have an equal opportunity to get medals, like there.
Speaker 2: Are ay, would you would you bump up the Americans then too, because they have a lot more on the top the cap it at four? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I think what is it four if you're if you have four in the top twenty or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, I think it's fifteen maybe, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, but like it should be. I don't know. I look at like the Belgian team.
Speaker 4: I just think it would add intrigue to the event if he and say it maybe it's top two hundred, top four hundred, I don't know it would be. I think it would make it a more you know, representative event that way, you know, limiting it to so few people, Like if one of your two guys is in a bad spot but played well for a year and it's just in a funk like it, it just gives more opportunity for countries like that aren't necessarily considered golf countries to win a medal.
Speaker 2: Right, which, which you know, if we're being honest, is a primary, like not a primary point of this to like maybe create national fervor in the game. Where it doesn't already exist, you know, is one of the great benefits that these competitions in the Olympics could.
Speaker 4: Like a perfect example is is Tom Tom Kim from South Korea. I don't know if he'd be qualified, but like he's an eight nineteen year old like Fena from South Korea. Like, it would be cool to see him play in this in the same you know, same goes for Japan. You know, they've got a bunch of players that could.
Speaker 2: Canaiah didn't make it. Yeah, Canaia got bumped out.
Speaker 4: So I just think that would be a neat little added twist, Like it's super cool with Chili having Nieman and Pereira in. They're like, that's that's really neat. That's like a team I'm kind of like rooting for. I'm really rooting for.
Speaker 3: A non golf country to really thrive in this Olympics.
Speaker 2: That's good good. I think it means a lot to answer Artis Mexico. That certainly means a lot to Gabby Lopez, who's there already practicing, you know, ten days out more or less she was a flag bearer. But you know, it's pretty cool to see different countries too.
Speaker 4: If there were more selections, potentially from South South Africa. We would gotten to see if the frugal one would have made the trip offer.
Speaker 2: Frugal one ain't doing that. There's no way, there's no way, I don't. I don't know. So anyway, so initial point we know that that there should be some team element, maybe a combination of individual team whatever. We know the format's a whiff, but hey, it's just something different with different stakes, with different prizes, with uniforms with I don't know. This is an overnight watch. Maybe you have a young one, Maybe you're out late drinking.
Speaker 3: You're maybe you're on the West coast.
Speaker 2: You're yeah, maybe you're on the West coast.
Speaker 4: You're doing your bullshit eastern Eastern time zone. You knows that that every Eastern time zone or person does, or they act like there's no other You're three hours ahead of the people on the West coast. So that ends at midnight on the West coast, this glorious golf watching time.
Speaker 3: You got the kids down, you pop the tubon and you watch golf.
Speaker 4: You know, it's cocktail golf there, and you're just acting like it's you know, like you're just a.
Speaker 3: Whack job if you're out up watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me, the sort of East coast elite from Cleveland, Ohio. That's me, like.
Speaker 4: East coastallyite that hates Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm being pigeonholed again. What takes that I don't even actually have? All right, So anyways, I'm moderately intrigued by it. This gets back to our discussion last week about how the schedule is just so, it just stacks on top of each other, more sameness, same, like what sticks out? What's the masters? The men's majors just kind of suck up all the oxygen more or less from April first to the next April or I'm sorry, till January till capoloo. I would say, like nothing matter aside from like a Ryder cup here or there, and you know, maybe a FedEx CuPy. You want to get real, you know, defensive about it, but like this is just something different. I think it's different. It stands out. I don't. I'm not trying to show for it. If you think it's dumb, I'm okay here in that argument too. Clearly it doesn't have the best feel. It's diminished by you know, from the promise of what it could have been. You know, Tiger and Phil talked about this becoming an Olympic sport and how they were just going to try to do it every time they could and like that, you know, and a lot of guys passed, DJ passed, Brooks, you pass. So it's not like perfect. But to me, I'm just at least intrigued by it in a way that I'm not in the week to week PGA tour at this point of the year. So I don't know, you don't have to agree that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's I love the fact like in this might sound like I'm not saying I don't want these guys to make money, but like these guys playing golf for not like ten million dollars seven million dollars like they do every single week, and actually playing for their country.
Speaker 3: Like it sounds corny, but it actually does.
Speaker 4: You know, it does add like a layer of like, hey, these guys really want to go play in the Olympics, and that that makes me happy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it clearly means something to someone like Justin Thomas doesn't j oh about the twenty fived dumbbells and all that.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 4: That was good self deprecation there. I always appreciate self deprecation, and that was that was wonderful and.
Speaker 2: It clearly means something more Colin Xander, who seemed to have a real connection affinity to the to Tokyo to the Japan area. Certainly in Xander's respect too. They talked about how much they come back and how much they like love and respect the culture and and you know, wish I don't know that a little bit more of that bled into the American culture. So all right, we have something different.
Speaker 3: We have consumers like they were there. They're the things they liked the most were politeness.
Speaker 2: Clean efficiency, efficiency.
Speaker 4: Obedience, like people listened, rules like it.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, if I I don't know, Tokyo has like a billion people, and I'm just thinking, like if they tried to force some of this in Los Angeles where we are, like just the chaos in son of California, that you would get with some of the just trying to be that efficient and streamlined. All right, So what about Kasumika Seki. You see a lot of a lot of comments on it. We got your boy Carrie Haig setting it up with the guy from the European Tour I'm missing I'm oh man, I'm blanking David what's his name, David Garland. They're setting up the course. They've had a a super that's sort of been there eleven weeks. That kind of I guess takes the rein and Dennis Ingram do you know him, We're familiar with the work.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I think if he doesn't go by Dennis the Menace, you know, he gets he's he's a tour agronomist.
Speaker 3: He gets shipped around the country. Oh god, Dennis the Menace is coming in.
Speaker 2: I did notice there's a lot of the tour has its fingerprints on a lot of this stuff. You know, the transcripts tour is all caps. You know the FedEx cut the playoffs is all caps. You can tell it's not it's they took the week.
Speaker 3: They took the week off.
Speaker 4: That's the biggest, right, there's no other tour. They're still competing tour event. The only time that we don't have competing tour events is the Players and the Masters.
Speaker 2: And well the US Open. Well, I guess they have a KFT. There's no KFT this week.
Speaker 3: I thought there is a KFT this week.
Speaker 2: Aren't they in Omaha, No, no, I think they went for price cutter. They're doing next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you know what it is is they they've got the Superseedson schedule. I was looking at the schedule.
Speaker 2: You're looking at the other August.
Speaker 4: I saw the sprinkle Field Swing and I.
Speaker 2: No, but yeah, I think, rarely do you have a week where KFT and PGA Tour take off. I mean the Open, there's the opposite. For God's sake, there's two of them.
Speaker 3: There's two of them. It's the Masters of the Players.
Speaker 2: So yeah, nothing else on the State Side Tour, the Poonavidra edition of the State Side Tour. So I don't know. It sounds like it's gonna be wet. You know, these guys are hoping for firm and fast. They talk about how meticulous the conditioning is. The greens are greens sound undulating a lot of contour. I was enthused to hear Carrie Haig say, you know, we want to try to keep it at like eleven eleven and a half, so we could use some actual slope, use some slope. That's an Andy Johnson, you know, mantra. But we'll see if that happens or not. It may rain, so much they've got a typhoon or a post typhoon. I'm not cure like, I'm not on the whole weather the delineation between that, but you know it's going to get wet. It sounds like it's going to be rainy. I did find it interesting that Leishman and Morikawa talked about how the bunkers were actually in play, and it was refreshing. I think the fas came in and, you know, more or less modernize this, to use the euphemism, where like these guys say.
Speaker 4: The bunkers they got modernized by Fasia in twenty fourteen, so you know, it's it's been updated, and I think it's you know, obviously it's Fazio doesn't really do restoration, so it's it's definitely more of a Fassio of course now of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they just seem to think the bunkers are right where they hit it leash in Moricao. So it seems like they've been pushing those back now maybe four years from now, if they played there, they need to be moved back to another thirty or forty yards for this time being, though they're in the right spot, I guess, so it just doesn't, you know. Unfortunately, it just looks like it might be a little wet, but should be enjoyable, should be in pristine condition. They're all raving a little bit of zoiza grass. I know that I said the ball is sinking to the bottom. They want there to be some penalty and unpredictability from the rough. So that's your course. That's just, of course, got in report anything else. We don't have one and done picks. I know there's that's not part of this pool, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Why don't you pick one? Why don't you pick one? Anyways, I'm gonna pick one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take sun Jam.
Speaker 4: The goal with the guy with the pressure, Yeah, I'll take I'll take Demon.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good pick. Great pick, playing well, playing.
Speaker 4: Well, Yeah, I kind of wanted to take a Meto Meto or the boy from Bratislava.
Speaker 2: They're both playing well. We will have BFP sweatshirts, Crew Necks, A T shirts, Jason Page designs up. I think when in the shotgun the Friday Pro Shop had some logistical issues. I don't know if it's stuck in the Swez Canal, but they'll be up Wednesday too. I don't know. They're just brilliant, brilliant designs from Chasing Page. We don't take any credit for him, although your idea for the XXL Athletic Department so I shirt is a beauty one. I cannot wait to wear that on college football Saturdays, my little crew n soccer games. Bradislava Athletic Department. What's that? That's a podcast that whatever? All right? So well, that'll be up Wednesday. Anything else on the Olympics you want to get into? You have three things to watch or no?
Speaker 4: I got things okay? At the military service obviously that's number one. That's the easy, easy one to pull out. We get the boy from brought to Slava. I love his pairing. He's got Mito Perreira and Renato Perritory. You know, two young youngsters playing with the wily vet might teach him a thing or two about national pride and citizenship.
Speaker 2: That it is interesting. I you know, this might be the most subdued scripting that Sabo has worn in like ten years, fifteen years. They got him just like basic Navies. They really let him down in the Slovak Golf Association, really let him down on that because some of these unis.
Speaker 4: Against the Do they have rules against bracelets in competition?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wonder about that.
Speaker 3: How do you think that?
Speaker 4: How do you think the Slovak citizens will you know, react if he if he claims a medal and he's on there with all of his bracelets. Do you think that'll be a big hit and brought to Slava?
Speaker 2: It could become a trend, a national trend, that's what you're suggesting. There's there's like five million people that live there. I was researching that that nation a little bit. It's bigger than we give a credit for. So I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 4: Do you think somebody do you think somebody could do a game within the game? Do you think somebody could create this leaderboard for us? Do you think that there's a listener out there that would do this?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Because this is my third thing?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: Competition? I want leader board? So there's a bunch of countries. I didn't do the math, but that there's a bunch with two players or two players or more so let's uh, let's break USA into USA one, USA two. I don't know who you want to put on USA one, USA two. England would get broken up. But let's get some two man two man competition. I this is what I'm kind of watching. I want to know, Like, I think it would be super cool. Like if Belgium with d Tree and Peters they could totally win.
Speaker 3: You know, and that would be neat.
Speaker 4: But they aren't gonna you know, they are gonna get a chance to win the team gold. So I want I want to shadow leader board just like the uh just like the championship. Yeah, that that features the two man teams.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is any anybody with four England, Great Britain just sent too because all those guys passed. I think it's just Casey and Fleetwood. But yeah, I love that. I love that idea. It's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Shadow who should we read with read and.
Speaker 2: Go by world rankings? Just reading JT. So the.
Speaker 3: Reading JT, Xander and Morikawa. That seems like that. That's good. That's good. I like that.
Speaker 2: You don't want you want to put the two likable ones together and then balance it out. You don't want to balance you know where You're just kind of torn on who to back the two two America teams. Anyways, the Thomases are a great bat I know you're England for that, you're a lion. I but they dominated that World Cup in Australia ago. Yeah, so they legit could win this thing. I don't know how well Peters has been playing, but obviously Detrie has played well.
Speaker 4: The thing is like, who knows what happens if a tea competition all of a sudden, it could get somebody out of rut that's like tired of playing for themselves. Like it adds some juice, like you play whether or not you anybody.
Speaker 3: Cares to admit it. Like, if you're in a team competition, you have a.
Speaker 4: Partner, your mindset's completely different than if you're playing by yourself. I think there's less time for wallowing if you're on a team. You know, there's no not as much woe's me time, you know, yeah for me, because you're you're you know, thinking about I got I can't let down.
Speaker 2: To these guys. Porter I saw was tweeting another game within the game about the spread. Obviously there's no cut. There's big, big gap between some of these lower world ranking guys. You know, I don't know who it could be. Gavin Green, He's probably more distinguished than driving by Gavin Green, you day in Maine from India. I don't know Juvik Pagnits. You just don't know Scott Vincent of Zimbabwe. And there just could be a big spread out there, no cut, you know, just you're kind of left out there to putter and billow home as you're fifty five strokes behind the lead. All right, And one other thing. It just did not to get set. But like the prize actually means something. It's memorable. Like I don't know if you asked me who won the twenty seventeen whatever, wells Fario, I have no idea, but we remember who won the gold medal. We remember who won, like you made this point actually, now that I think about it, you made this with Bacon, right, you talked about this recently, like you kind of remember who win place and show. I just think like it matters something to your career to say for some not at all, to say like I want a freaking gold medal, and so it's just for me at least. There's some different stakes for once compared to the regular season PGA Tour. All right, let's do an ad read real quick for our friends, our friends, new brand for this for this podcast, but it's still our friends. It's Summit Golf Brands for Zero Restriction. We're switching it up from bdratty dot com. You can still support Dratty, but their partner, their sister brother brand Zero Restriction. They are first of all, let's do promo code USA USA twenty five while we're in the Olympic Spirit USA twenty five gets you twenty five percent off everything at zero Everything at zero restriction dot com. They're going to be the outfitters of the Solheim Cup team USA Solheim Cup team coming up. You know kind of you know, I don't think they need any introtroduction to our audience. They're the best in the business when it comes to waterproofing moisture management, which is a phrase that I kind of love. I'm familiarizing myself for Sweaty Boy season absolutely absolutely and Rainy Boy season as well, you know what you know links Link season as well. So you know, they've got hoodies. They're women's stuff, is like, I mean, it's kind of fantastic. I don't mean the bit of a I don't know what else to say, Like they're they're women's stuff is awesome. I get that for my wife. I know you got in some for your way, right, Zero Restriction. Oh yeah, the ZR women stuff all the time. So it's not just like the waterproofs obviously that's like their gold standard. But their vests are perfect, their lovers are awesome, all sorts of weather. But I think the women's stuff for me, like that's something USA twenty five. Maybe get a Solheim Cup branded thing. Maybe you're, you know, all of a sudden, the hero of the household. So zero Restriction dot com USA twenty five is twenty five percent off everything. Summit Golf brands, big supporters of the Friday, supporters of the shotgun start, and they're the official outawear provider of the Solheim Cup team. All right, let's get back to the schedule for the week the US Senior Women's Open. This is at Brooklawn Country Club in Connecticut, Saturday and Sunday only on TV two to five on Golf Channel. Oh, I got notables here. I was sent some notables. Yeah, Brooklawn CC and Fairfield defending champus Helen Alfredson from twenty nineteen. It's the third addition. This started a Chicago golf club a few years ago, then it went to Pine Needles, is that right? The second year, and then canceled last year and now we're back at Brooklawn. Notables Anika Joe, Anne Big, Mamacarner, Laura Davies, Julie Angster, Becky Iverson, Crystal Parker, Nancy Bowen, Laurie Kane, Elaine Crosby, Louri Rinker, Patricia Earhart, Cherry Wright, Amy Kennedy are some of the notables. And that is the.
Speaker 3: Earhart right in Kennedy like Earhart, the.
Speaker 4: Amelia Earhart, Kennedy, the Kennedy Space Center and right the right brothers, the first pilost.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: I just I just saw Caine, Crosby and Wrinker a little hockey trio, Kane, Iverson, Parker and Bowen. Oh god, I just like this all went flew right over my head. Tony Parker the front cart.
Speaker 3: Or Candace Parker.
Speaker 2: There's a second one. Fisher, Peers and Tanya Gill, Danka Krks.
Speaker 3: Fish that could be either fishing.
Speaker 4: They could be fishing or basketball still Derek Fisher, Paul Pierce, Kendall Gill or it could be fish.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. You're having fun with you. I like good stuff. So that's a that's a fun watch. It's late afternoon, two to five on Saturday and Sunday. I saw Shane Bacon's being quoted cited by Julie Yankster, Who's I think this is her day in this event US Senior Women's because Bacon, I guess he is giving her reads. Bacon is a member now, he's a big Northeast He's an East Coast elitist. You know, if there ever was one living up in Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Taking a run, taking a run at Assis, I'm not taking taking a run at.
Speaker 2: Bacon, Connecticut, all of Connecticut. I don't not come on, get out of here, all right, some aigster. I think that's obviously we have some sort of we have I don't know, affinity firm with the spotlight we did and more of the research. Obviously, quoting citing Shane Bacon for course knowledge well is a good way to win our hearts as well. Uh So it'll be fun to watch her and her debut of this event. Obviously Joey and Carner, she's eighty two. It's just amazing she's out there. Great stuff. I saw there was some like they're trying to figure out how to stuff the course, right, I mean, because there's a great variant in play, you obviously set it up so it's playable. Or someone who might be on the older spectrum of the Senior Women's Open, but like they're then they're like the younger women on the spectrum who can still vomit. So it's interesting sort of not dilemma, but but a consideration certainly. All right. So that is the USGA, their run of championships continuing through the summer. We've got to mention the US Junior on Monday, but again we're on a cell phone and you're in a clubhouse bar, all right. Continuing on with our schedule for the week, we have a mixed event Try Try sanctioned between the LPGA, the LET and the European Tour. Excuse me, with.
Speaker 3: These organizations working together.
Speaker 2: Well, like this might be the longest title in the history of It's not can't be the longest, but it's up there. It has punctuation embedded within the title, with exclamation points flying around ips hand to world invitation, all presented by modest exclamation point Modest golf management. Isn't that kind of an oxymoron?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're putting an exclamation point at the end of modest. It's kind of modest to just be thrown around exclamation points illy nilly Modest Golf management. I don't know what that is. What they do.
Speaker 4: Shout to Modest Golf Management and seek out their services just just to podcasts. Yeah, well just for this podcast to make you irritated that that there's the modest golf management involved with the with our podcast Modest.
Speaker 2: But it's but it's Modest golf managed, Modest golf management. You got to get that exclamation point.
Speaker 4: They should add all caps because anybody that writes anything in all caps just should be They should have email privileges, tweeting privileges removed revoked forever if you do all caps and an exclamation mark.
Speaker 2: And of course you the ISPs hand to which nob he seems to know what it is. But it's the modern debuick. Just you know, sponsoring golf tournaments all over the world, all right. This is at gal Gorm Castle GC, Ballyman of Northern Ireland and Massarene Golf Club golf Course in Antrim, Northern Ireland. So it's one hundred and forty four men, one hundred and forty four women person is the same amount for both, one point five million for each. Field notables Catlin Thorn, Chai jd you haven't heard that name in a while, Andy Sullivan, Charlie Hall and Jennifer Kupp Choe that looks like a whatever, Christopher Broberg, Demetrius Papadados and Jack Senior bro Papa and Senior, Catherine Perry, Hampski, Gabrielle La cow Hamski Cowi, Chloe Frankish, Maddy Lamb, David Horsey, I'll yeah, depending meets meets you, Cagrill if you're really adventurous. Maybe Horse he's getting a little too far, but Frank's and ham uh Ursula Wickstrom, Elana Uriel Sebastian Garcia Rodriguez looks like baseball players. Maybe Elizabeth Nagel, Alejandro Tossti and Pa Pavarisa Yachtan, David Dixon, Dick Sha Dagar and Justin Harding, and then Robin Williams ALRP. He's also notable. He or she I don't know is also a notable.
Speaker 3: James Morrison's Flying hit It Too.
Speaker 2: This is a coffee golf.
Speaker 3: The pop culture group A Little.
Speaker 2: Late for coffee golf. But nine to two pm all four days, more or less.
Speaker 3: You're doing it again.
Speaker 4: It's late for coffee golf in the Eastern time zone. It's not late for coffee golf. Were our friends on the West coast?
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's it's all right. I'm just reading off the Eastern They're listed on the Eastern time zone. All right, I apologize. We're not doing the conversions in my head. Pready challenged enough to make any kind of mouth and on the fly adjustments on this podcast. So it's nine to two, big window. That's a big window. Now. Granted some of that's European Tour, but the LPGA, you know, sometime relegated to these tape delay and this hour here, hour there. It's more or less. It's it's in a prime window every morning after Olympics and nine to two. So that's your uh, that's your schedule for the week. We have the Olympics, Men's Olympics, the Senior Women's Open, and this mixed event in Northern Ireland between the LPGA let and the European Tour. Got it? Anything else on your schedule?
Speaker 3: I got event, I got a vent of the week.
Speaker 2: I think I know where you're going with this. Where where? What is it?
Speaker 3: Two amateur events? Grabbed my grabbed at my heart.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know we've got the Pennsylvania Amateur being played at Mary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh, we got it. I was getting DMS from Chris Rozel about that pretty good stuff I heard. It's a minute condition.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a golf state. And you know, the city of Philadelphia does a great job along with Ohio, in Wisconsin and the met they do a wonderful job providing excellent championship venues for their amateur golfers. It's great for you know, think about the sixteen year old kid that gets to play in this, you know, amateur. It's going to better prepare him when he plays college golfer, plays qualifies for his first USGA event. You know, this can be said about some state golf associations, others not you know, naming any names.
Speaker 3: You know, continually field.
Speaker 4: These events at very poor venues that you know, they don't really put the work in.
Speaker 3: These guys put the work in.
Speaker 4: This is an awesome experience for everybody involved. Right now, it's through two rounds. Patrick Shehan is leading John Sowin by two shots.
Speaker 3: So and then the end of the week.
Speaker 4: Is the Western m the Masters golf being held at the glen View Club. It's of course that caddy at for a couple of years. Surprisingly, you know, nobody, nobody even asked me to caddy for him.
Speaker 3: Do people know that the back No?
Speaker 2: All right, so well, maybe they'll call you in for the matchplay bracket. Maybe they'll get the call of the bull plan you come running out. I'm back the bag now. So God, what's the format that's the most largest march and the amateur golf?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: What refresh my mind on this?
Speaker 4: Thirty six holes cut, fifty four holes cut, and then it goes to, you know, seventy two holes. The top sixteen players make matchplay match play in thirty six hole final, so just an absurd amount of golf.
Speaker 3: It's very hot here right now. It's like it's like ninety five degrees.
Speaker 2: So it's all in five days too, right, twenty six to thirty first, I think it's.
Speaker 4: You're basically just playing thirty six So after the first two days after the eighteen eighteen actually there might not be there might there's not a fifty four hole cut it's eighteen eighteen thirty six hole cut then you play thirty six holes. That's thirty six holes in a day. From there, it's brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 4: The thing that it's physically exhausting, but the thing that kills you with the back to back thirty six old days is the mental exhaustion that you know you're playing these matches or you're you're on the cut line to make the top sixteen really great players. Uh, Ricky Castilio is in the field, you know. I saw I saw one of the one of the teammates of the Burly Boys, Logan McAlister, who's right now in T six, was wearing a fried Egg hat today.
Speaker 2: No, really, that's awesome, that's great.
Speaker 4: He's wearing a fried Egg rope hat out there. This is three hundred.
Speaker 3: He's in t.
Speaker 2: Sticks over the locals. He comes to Chicago. He knows like it's like Payne Stewart wearing the local NFL team when you go to the local regional market when the tour would stop. When he's in Chicago, wear the egg hat.
Speaker 4: Honestly thinking about driving up to the our shipping shipping facility and just grabbing a ton of gear and just driving it down.
Speaker 2: To him shipping facility. Okay, okay, your sister's house, right, can tell everybody. We've already told her that. You've already told everybody that. All right, you said that. The last time we give him a crew neck brought us a lot of athletic department crew neck too. While you're there, get him that. I probably can't wear that this week, but that's awesome. He was in an eggcat. That's great.
Speaker 4: So we got we got five tied for the lead. This is the premiere. This is the Amateur Western am that went with the at Western Open. It's two golf events schedule, two majors. Yeah, unfortunately there's only one left.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about. I'm going to the Western a Western Open this year. I will go drive up the road to my East coast elitist. We we took your Western Open. It's now in the great city of Baltimore or the nearby Baltimore sub suburb Owens Mills or whatever it is. Yeah, the Western Open in Maryland. Love that. But yeah, at least the Western m is still standing. So that's your event of the week. It beat out the PA amateur. Is that what you're saying? Okay, all right, better event it is. I mean I think I'd probably rather play Marion. I don't know anything about glen View, but.
Speaker 4: The first version, the Western since nineteen oh six there the original right club, glen View Club was a US Open host.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm not saying it's bad. I just Marion's good.
Speaker 4: The thing with glen View is it's on the Chicago River and uh, like the North Branch, and because of all the development up north, when it rains, like if it rains an inch, the course just underwater like nothing.
Speaker 2: Do you mean the development all these people know how to get running off their homes.
Speaker 4: And yeah, just because of how much stuff has been built up north. Where it rains, the water comes down the river, it floods like yeah, so pray for pray formidable no rain. Brian Moore, the superintendent there, is truly one of the best superintendents in Chicago, one of the best superintendents of the United States. So like it's been the weather's been great, it's probably it's probably playing and judging by scores, it's a super forgettable golf course. When it's soft and it's it's gotta be firm since four unders leading, obviously it's par par seventy this week. But it's got to be playing nuclear right now. He's got When he gets that thing going, it flies out there. So if you're in the Chicago area and just I think they're doing streaming this weekend on golf. Really they're doing streaming on Saturday and Sunday, I believe, but.
Speaker 2: I wish it was on TV. That's good.
Speaker 4: And if you're in the Chicago area, like you go watch like future stars, like I mean, I watched, uh, I watched manually play Nick Hardy a couple of years ago. I caddied for my buddy a few years ago at Skochy uh Ricky Castill still oh in the practice he played the first rounds with him, but then in the later rounds he played with thirty six holes with Davis Riley, which was cool. I mean, you see these guys, like the field is stacked with guys that are legitimately going to be on tour in three years more Cowa played a few years ago. Like, I mean, that's the thing. It's it's a cool event. I'm gonna try. I'm really busy this week, but I'm gonna try and get over there at least for one day because it's a great event.
Speaker 2: I almost confuse this with the place that has the KFT event, that's just the Glen Klu Club, because she is a Glen View. Okay, I don't know. You know, there's too many up there. All right, News, we have nothing. We need to get out of here. My wife's yelling at me to get out of the main room the vacation house where the WiFi is better. All just before I got to get my pops in. On news, you see Tony Romo playing in the Texas Open stayed Open with Johnny Football. Johnny Football forgot to wear pants or something. The Monday que was tweeting about it didn't get to warm up because they had to scramble to go put on pants. It showed up in shorts. But you see what Romo's playing it, see what he's doing. He's riding around in a cart that has ac indoors. It's a hundred degrees and Tony Romo's got a cart that has air conditioning in it, but like it looks like legit full on doors that open and close. So that's uh whatever, I guess it's not. It's it's an open so whatever, it's hot. But that's that's our guy, Tony Romo.
Speaker 3: They got protect the club pros. You know. Club pros are used to riding carts around love clubs.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. That's her, that's her. What all right? Everyone? Enjoy your Wednesdays. We'll be back. Enjoy the enjoy the Olympic golf. Uh and we'll be back with you on Friday. Yeah, we'll be back with you on Friday. M. M.