Speaker 1: Oh Man, I talked to Baser for the first time in a couple of days. She said, the watch party and podcast area we're doing at Almost Frost Friday Holiday in ba Dude, that holiday in sweets right downtown Nashville.
Speaker 2: If you listen, guys, if you do not have a place to stay for the convention you need, you can stumble downstairs to Almost Friday and that sports bar is better.
Speaker 1: At Yeah, the times that we have stumbled in there, it's been pretty crunk.
Speaker 3: If you will.
Speaker 2: They said, we have beer pong. Do you want us to leave it set up for the convention or do you want us at take it down? I said, uh, I'm pretty sure these people will play some beer prom rng.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take you take the prongs, you set them out, and then there's something with the ping pong ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The uh that bar Almost Friday. We went there and when we went there were chairs being lifted in the airs for a balls game. Really, the frat daddies and the sorority cyst does take over that place. Was it was a lot. We said, this is almost too much for us. It was that crazy.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm saying. I think it can house the convention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it looks awesome all. I mean, they have let me see, five thousand TVs.
Speaker 1: And it is to where there's great seating. I believe you can have a TV on boom the NFL. Maybe they go all NFL.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be all NFL.
Speaker 1: I was thinking maybe for some office fans, can they put it sitcom on in the corner? No? Right, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I told one of the sales girls. She said, oh, where are you having the convention this year? I said, Oh, how's it going touts? I said, well, we're doing Friday night at John Daly's bar.
Speaker 1: She says, Oh, my gosh, I love that bar. That one is so fun. It is such a great place.
Speaker 2: Oh did you know that it's a Florida State watch party bar.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I like the atmosphere of John Daly's.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. That's a good choice.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the glowing review.
Speaker 2: Thanks sales lady, Thank you. Now could you respond to my text message I sent you four days ago? Did you say that I did awkward? I did.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, excuse me, I'm getting the coffee as well. And then, not to make this any more awkward.
Speaker 2: Well, I said Hey, do you just not like me anymore? Or you block me or what? She goes, what? And I said, why texted you on Monday? She says, Oh, I get that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they got a lot rolling in.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I slid it over to her, slid my phone over. She goes, oh, yeah, send me what you need. Send me what you need?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? I'll send it.
Speaker 3: But what is she gonna supply?
Speaker 2: Uh, the brunch at Pins Mechanical, That's what I'm talking about. She is gonna work with us to get brunch provided at Pins Mechanical.
Speaker 1: Well, what about something similar to what we just had in the kitchen potentially for brunch? I think a little more substance. Not the bagels and cream cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bagels and cream cheese seems kinda it's good, good, but it's not.
Speaker 1: You eat a lot of it.
Speaker 2: It's not fantastic.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: But I did like how they had Christmas bagels. They were red and green, really festive, really getting me in the holiday spirit.
Speaker 3: Ho ho ho. And here here's the deal. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, just give me a moment on that. This guy listened to John Saracita. That's how he talks now, no, right now, just hear me out he says, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just funny to me how he talks on his Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he talks like a preacher slash, a businessman slash. He's like constructing us. But he's talking about the most common thing. So here's the deal, right, you know, right, yeah, right now, no, hear me out here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's just like, dude, we're just talking on Instagram. This isn't a professional business setting. But just hear me out here. Right. So COVID times, there were restaurants that would let you take your food in. What during COVID there was a couple of restaurants by us and they said, hey, we're not serving food because of COVID, but you can bring outside food in.
Speaker 3: Because it was just after COVID ended.
Speaker 1: So what was the restaurant doing beer? Oh yeah, And so that kind of reminds me. We can bring our byof to pins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna bring No, we're gonna have brunch.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be yof.
Speaker 2: We're providing brunch. Yes, they do not provide food, but you're allowed to have it catered. And that's what we are doing for our sore losers nation family.
Speaker 3: You getting a cater, get a birthday cake.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's nobody's birthday, but happy birthday, losers?
Speaker 2: Is that what you want?
Speaker 1: Happy birthday? Losers?
Speaker 3: It's not your birthday.
Speaker 1: We're not your friends, but you live in this make believe world where we are all. Why not as well lie about that Happy birthday, losers.
Speaker 2: I'll put it down. I will put it down. Hey, we are interested in having a cake also that says happy birthday, losers?
Speaker 1: Got it. I'm in that same boat because I actually listen to podcasts John Sarahsani and I think he's my friend too. He has a podcast he did and that's when he was good, and now he just does these gambling things which I can only watch so many of those, and then now he'll just do random one offs on Instagram. So just out here looking at my ten acre property here in Chicago, and I was wondering, is it beautiful when it snows out here's your answer. It's just a low key flex of his house and that's ten acres.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: He's hilarious.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I don't even know the guy, he's not my friend.
Speaker 2: But but it is beautiful. It is beautiful. But it's nos wasn't it.
Speaker 3: But he did good podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, and it would actually be business stuff and now he realized, Hey, you really don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: You just do these videos, talk about.
Speaker 1: Gambling and have a hot chick in a poker video. It's that simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And speaking of hot chicks, my wife, I mean hot chick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen her in a minute. I know you saw her.
Speaker 2: She was late to our meeting at almost Friday, which was awkward because we were in there with the people. Did you know we were with the GM of the hotel?
Speaker 1: So it actually dawned on me as we were standing there, I think we're with the brass right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't rose we were with the GM until after we left, and my wife told me. She was like, you know that was the GM, right, And I was like, no, I did not know. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Hi there, do you work the front desk that dude?
Speaker 2: I didn't rouse the GM would be interested in the coaches Convention.
Speaker 3: Well, they had it all set up.
Speaker 2: A TV score loser's logo on every single TV and I.
Speaker 1: Feel like that one dude, what was his name? He was kind of an audio guy, jack of all trades. Yeah, I feel like they may him wear slacks and stuff. So I said, hey, we have a had and drink water in like five hours on the Bone show.
Speaker 2: That's okay, it's called the Big Show Thing show.
Speaker 1: We have a prospective person interested in this.
Speaker 3: Could you throw some dress clothes on? Because he was like, man, usually I lift tables. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, what do we doing? You want me to do? Yeah? Sure whatever, We'll figure it out. Man, we'll have it done for you on Coaching Convention Saturday. And I was like, thank you appreciate it. But anyway, back to my hot wife. My wife, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She decided we were going to do Christmas cards. So she went through all of our pictures, put Christmas cards together and wrote this big old summary about what's been going on in our life. And they just sat on the counter and they sat on the counter and they sat on the counter.
Speaker 3: What was there to summarize?
Speaker 2: I don't know about what we did this year?
Speaker 3: Did she put the convention on it?
Speaker 2: No, she didn't mention that. She mentioned like one kid starting first grade, another kids starting kindergarten, someone losing a tooth. Uh me attempting to get on the prices. Right, Just show Bil we got a new dog.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and sixty five bone heads.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much what she did. I mean, that was basically the summary.
Speaker 3: Well, he's sending it to me. I gotta give you my address.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta give me your dress.
Speaker 1: I'll on a Friday night, I'm turning the fire on and I'm reading that sucker, and I'm gonna laugh my butt off.
Speaker 2: It's so it's great.
Speaker 3: And because every Christmas card is a low key flex.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a low key flex. It's very awkward. It's weird. And hers she has the three kids as Christmas ornaments, like their faces are like in the balls across the card, and it's like, oh, Merry Christmas. It's like, well done, great, And then we have one family photo and in one picture of the dog, that's it. That's all that's on there. But anyway, they just kept sitting there and I said, hey, you know, it's almost Christmas. You probably need to mail those out. She said, yeah, well I went to the post office over here and they were out of Christmas stamp. So I'm going to other post offices trying to find Christmas stamp. Smart I said, no one gives a crap about if it's a Christmas stamp. No one looks at it and goes, oh, what a cute stamp. Oh, that Christmas stamp is so adorable. I'm so glad you put a Christmas stamp on it. No one notices you can.
Speaker 3: Do a Titans one half the price.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Titans, we were watching the game on Sunday and then it came on and they were playing the Niners, and baby Box goes, oh, we're probably gonna get crushed. What the good attitude to start the game?
Speaker 3: Man, dum?
Speaker 2: Good attitude, boy. And then so I was like, hey, you want me to take them to the post office downtown because it's right by where we work, RAMBYASNS. And she said, oh, yes, would you you mind? I said yeah. She goes and make sure you get Christmas stamps for the light. You know, there's like thirty left that she didn't have stamps for. I was like, don't you worry about it. I got you.
Speaker 1: It's and you know who's in line at that one.
Speaker 2: A lot of homeless people.
Speaker 1: It's usually the people that are mailing in to make payments for a credit card. It's where you don't have a checking account, so you have to make a Western Union or a money order.
Speaker 3: Oh, his post offices also sell money orders.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of sketch. I standed light. I'm like, what happened to the nice old ladies mail and Christmas presents? These guys look like they're straight from skid row.
Speaker 2: There was one guy like scratching his neck. He's scratching, just like shaking. And I was like, man, and I said that aroma in that post office was not good. It was not a good smell. Usually I go in it smells clean and fresh. This did not smell that way. Kind of smelled like a stairwell in a parking garage.
Speaker 3: I know, the one that we go to, an upscale one.
Speaker 2: Now is it pretty nice?
Speaker 1: You gotta go to the country. It smells like candles. There's the most friendliest guy ever that comes up. There's Christmas music playing. There's maybe a farmer in line. Other than that, I'm the only person in line. It's epic living in the country.
Speaker 2: Well there, I was three deep. So I waited in line. I get up to the counter and the lady's, oh, can I help you? I was like, yeah, I need to get some stamps for the rest of these. I was like, how many come.
Speaker 1: In a book?
Speaker 2: She goes, twenty, I don't name know. She goes, give me. I said, I'll take twenty. She goes, does it matter what kind? And I said, it doesn't make one bit of difference. Give me whatever stamps you got.
Speaker 3: You better hope your wife doesn't see that footage.
Speaker 2: And guess what they were? Not Christmas. And I guarantee you when these people get them, they're not. No one is gonna text my wife and be like, huh, weird you send a Christmas card with no Christmas stamp. They're not even gonna notice. And my wife's never gonna know. And when I got home, she's like, oh, did they have Christmas stamps? I was like, they had a ton of Christmas stamps, no idea of that Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'll need to text your wife.
Speaker 2: Then why would you do that?
Speaker 3: She doesn't listen to the pod.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Well, then I will not text her. I thought she'd understand the joke.
Speaker 2: Nope, she doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: My wife does listen, does she, especially when so many tips are off and they say something like offhand and she'll be like, what what was this person commenting this on a picture? I'm like, oh, sorry, we said Arnold died. Sorry about that, and she'll really but they'll go and comment on one of her pictures on her Instagram and she doesn't get like, she's not on the show.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. I know people will trust me. Hey, I'm here every day when we do this pod. I know she's not on the show.
Speaker 1: So she'll see stuff on the Facebook or on her Instagram.
Speaker 2: She s like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Did you comment on Sports Center something? Or what what did you guys do on the podcast? People are commenting weird stuff. I'm like, sorry, it crossed over. My man.
Speaker 2: We're like a country star that has gone pop. Sometimes we do cross over and we need to cross pollinated. I don't think we cross pollinated enough this year. Like we didn't have any I mean, we didn't have Morgan from Feeling Up, we didn't have movie Mike's uh weird movie weird? Uh what do you call movie reviews, didn't have any of them. We didn't do a very good job we didn't have baser on one time. No, you we did have bas with your family.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I got a two minute clip out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna take a break, We're gonna come back justin't thought you want? Why didn't?
Speaker 1: Dude? He goes, hey, you think I could get on the pod? And I go, well, because he has some time? And I go, bro, I don't think you understand. I couldn't tell you a two hour window of when to be there. And also they don't like people just hanging around. So I could say, if you're cool of sitting an hour, but they're not cool. They don't like people just sitting on a couch for an hour. It weird's everybody out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that hour he could be used to go look at your kids?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 1: And I said, well, also, what do you like what I think he was singing? There was some compensation?
Speaker 2: What's he gonna talk about?
Speaker 3: And I'll say, what do you want? A cup of coffee at Whole Foods?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So he needs money.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, you realize from twenty and seventeen till twenty nineteen, we didn't make a dollar. People don't realize that.
Speaker 2: They have no idea, right, they think we are just stacking cash because this podcast is so big.
Speaker 1: I think that's why brother did five episodes. He's like, I'm out, I go, Brother, you got to be at it for the long haul.
Speaker 2: Oh did he finish his pot?
Speaker 1: Well, he did it and then he just randomly quit. People loved it and then he never did it again. Huh.
Speaker 3: You got to build that backbone.
Speaker 1: And then the advertisers are interested.
Speaker 3: Then you move on from there.
Speaker 1: But no more advice. We don't need anybody else. Bo's Knows and all those people creating podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, next thing, you know, Buddy Glass is gonna have Buddy knows best and he's gonna do is.
Speaker 3: Everybody needs a podcast.
Speaker 2: Everybody does a podcast. There's not enough, you know, there's really not. I mean there's probably a podcast on every subject, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I bet we could have asked our people the brass at Holiday Inn, and said, hey, are you guys, would you want some tips on a podcast? And they'd say, we have been thinking about starting a podcast. So this is cute. What you guys have we have been thinking about starting a podcast. I mean, my church has a podcast. I'm shocked my neighborhood doesn't have a podcast. Oh my gosh, they're going to This world's gonna keep getting more awkward. My neighborhood's gonna start a podcast. My please, Facebook crossed over to my parents. Please, older people do not start podcasts. Please, we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 1: I don't need my mom getting all those stories out there of me being a kid.
Speaker 2: I got a text from my friend Michelle that said her son was auditioning for their school podcast. He's in fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Ah a Trucker Radio.
Speaker 3: I mean there's not enough podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I will say baby Box one has been very upset. He's like dad, I am almost halfway through first grade and him in back on the pot.
Speaker 1: But read the stats, guys, one in three podcasts quit.
Speaker 3: So eat, that is that true?
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: I read it from that same thing I read about Netflix and podcast partnering up. Is the same article I read about one third of them quit and the most likely to quit older Americans and LBGQT plus, well, those are the most quit podcasters or.
Speaker 3: Jake go ohen he did quit?
Speaker 2: He did quit.
Speaker 1: Kirsten Bush, Yeah, yeah, I'm Sarahsani Bob Menory. Bob Menory used to have the biggest sports podcast in America and then just Cold Turkey never did it again, but he always talks about how big it was. I'm like, Bro, bring it back.
Speaker 2: Burnout is a thing, though, Yeah, and it's hard and you realize there are ramifications to revealing and talking. Yeah, you've let everything out there. Some of it's gonna come back to bite you.
Speaker 3: When I think Bob's just lazy.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like being on a schedule, and we are on a very strict schedule. Three a week. Where Bob was he would you miss a week? Then you missed two weeks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, three weeks tough.
Speaker 1: The lady, the one lady, she goes, will you talk about Baser's can this.
Speaker 3: Is just random?
Speaker 2: Youre ready? Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: She goes, I work at a church. Will you talk about Baser's cancer journey? I said absolutely. I was sicker than a dog. Punted it to another week. I said, oh, Basers slam with work. She can't do it, but I can do it. I was sick as a dang dog. And I went to that church, hyped up on musin X, hyped up on cough drops and I did that podcast. No, I still felt bad and it wasn't. Four months later she quit doing the podcast. Oh wam, I am glad. I went there on a Wednesday night, fought traffic, sick as a dog, had the bag show the next day, poured my heart out, podcasts folded. One in three quit.
Speaker 3: And I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: So that means, if the stats are right, either us movie Mike, feeling yourself or taking things personal with my person Morgan, one of them is gonna quit according to the stats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who it would be. I don't I don't have any idea. That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I mean, we already are a statistic.
Speaker 2: We had one quit.
Speaker 1: We're a statistic. We are always I thinking.
Speaker 2: We were put one in three. Hey we were three. Now we're only two. So one and three did quit.
Speaker 1: You just start reading those articles, man, they're pretty spot on.
Speaker 2: You have turned me onto these articles because I always see them and I'm like, oh, that has to.
Speaker 1: Be and it's either it literally is maybe an article in house, but it comes across. I read them. They're well produced, well put together, and they're usually pretty spot on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of spot On. There's a guy I don't know his name. I forgot I can't find the post on our Facebook page. He's going to the Carolina Panthers game this weekend, the hockey the football team, and he said he's gonna be like second row and he's gonna bring a sign and he wants to get the sore Losers on the TV, but he's gonna have to tie it into the Carolina Panthers. Right. Yeah, so it's spitball like, you're never too young to listen to sore losers.
Speaker 3: Not bad, so to tell him that we are a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get a chubba when I listen to the sore losers.
Speaker 3: That's good. Come on in, takes your time.
Speaker 2: I've been cross pollinator. I'm in there.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we had to take a weird break there because we had to go take a group picture and we were said come now or forever hold your piece.
Speaker 1: And what I just realized is I didn't know I hit the laugh button, but I did as we were exiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why it's like, hey, what is that funny? I don't know what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 1: I thought of a good one, though, tell me why why when it's fourth down and we got a load on the offense. When it's fourth down, it's a load on Bryce Young. Why don't you just go with a download podcast? I'm not sure that's a little confusing something with h Let's see, give us a listen. Bryce Young doesn't to the head coach?
Speaker 2: Hey, Bryce Young? Is it Bryce Young? That wasn't the play call? Quit listening to the sore losers and play football too long? Too long?
Speaker 1: Why not just keep it basic? This game sucks using the sore losers. Oh oh, aren't they actually good? They're fighting for the playoff.
Speaker 2: They're actually uh yeah, they are actually in first place in their division.
Speaker 1: I think tied for the okay, you know, reverting back to the Panthers in two years ago.
Speaker 2: If they beat the Bucks, they're in first place, I think, or something like that.
Speaker 1: Tetramoria McMillan was a huge draft pick. You want to see somebody that's even huger Sore Losers podcast.
Speaker 2: M I don't really like that. Hey, when you're done dowbling doubling, download the Sore Losers podcast.
Speaker 1: Rico Doubtell, Yeah, uh is the is it riverboat Ron?
Speaker 3: Is he the coach?
Speaker 2: No, No, Dave Canalys is the coach.
Speaker 1: Uh Ray should have been Coach of the Year behind Liam Cohen. Who else is there? Who is? They don't have a name team Jalen Cocher. We only had mc millan. That's the only guy I know from Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Cocher Cocher, the Sore Losers man. I don't know. I'm not really good. I don't really know the sign thing I'm trying.
Speaker 3: Bang bang the drum, bang the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, keep pounding and keep downloading the Sore Losers podcast.
Speaker 1: Keep pounding, keep pounding during the game. Then after pound the Sore Losers download button. Get in here. She wants another picture.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say thank you for taking the picture. I didn't know if you're since started again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. What's up? I literally just going to No, we need to cross pollinate. We need to cross pollinate. You want to promote your podcast?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 4: Are you guys also making fun of it at the same time?
Speaker 1: No, No, we're literally not the only one we make fun of is Amy's We say, instead of uh, feeling things, we say feeling yourself interesting, just so it applies to our listeners more.
Speaker 2: Because the truck drivers actually love that. Did you get your your dude a Steelers themed Christmas present?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I did not, Wow, No, but I did go sports themed. It's just not Steelers.
Speaker 2: Oh, he likes other sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he plays golf and he loves to go and play sand volleyball.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a sand volleyballer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll like cor volleyball too.
Speaker 1: But he plays golf.
Speaker 2: We didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, he plays No Lunch has.
Speaker 1: Been randomly playing with people he doesn't even know. Why would you not play with their boyfriend?
Speaker 4: They get along, Lunch in him have gotten along.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The problem is he has a real job and he works during the week. Yeah, and so I usually play during the week.
Speaker 1: You realize those people can squeeze in a couple hours of golf. I learned that with all my friends. They love it because it breaks up their day.
Speaker 2: Do you ever go golf with him?
Speaker 4: No, he's one of me too, It just hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played golf?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like once or twice. I'm really good at top golf.
Speaker 2: Well, well, let's say this.
Speaker 1: You really realize if you love a girl if she plays golf. When Baser said she was riding the car with me. That was kind of hot. And then we got in fights and then she hasn't come since.
Speaker 4: But why did you guys get in fights?
Speaker 3: Because golf you can't be rushed.
Speaker 1: And Baser was all about She'd be like, Okay, let's go, just go the next shot, and I'm like, Baser, that's this is that's actually not how golf works. It's all about patience, slow, tranquility. And she was like, hit the ball, hit the ball storms coming, or let's go to the clubhouse, let's get a drink.
Speaker 3: And I'm like that, Baser, that's not really working with my golf game.
Speaker 1: And then it led to a fight. So we haven't golf since.
Speaker 4: But it was hot that she was interested.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the girls go get the outfits. She went and went to Dick's, got her three outfits. She wore two of them. Still gotta go that third time. But yeah, it's I think guys like their lives go golfing and girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's fun, dude.
Speaker 1: When it was me Angelina, the late Justin Baser, I was a blast. That might have been my funnest golfing even better when it was you, me and Justin on that mountain course.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, is it more fun for yours? Because you guys think of it as a kind of boys activity away from the house doing things. Is it more fun when you go with your friends versus going with your spouse or partner.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that, because I don't like no offense. I mean, but there's times I want time away from my wife. So if she plays golf and I'm like, I'm gonna go play golf, She's like, oh, I'll come too, It's like, no, no, no, I want some time by myself. Like I don't want every waking moment to be me and her. And it would be cool if she played golf, but really would it because it's kind of annoying to do everything the same sort of like when we go to Las Vegas, she doesn't play craps because she would be betting the same thing I'm betting, so she goes and does something else. It's so like, why would we want to go to the golf course together. It just seems like that wouldn't be that much fun. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm crazy. Maybe there's couples out there that love playing golf together, but it just seems like that would be really hard. What do you do with the kids too?
Speaker 1: That's that's a different angle, and that's a different dynamic. I totally understand that. But the golfing is, do you play another sport with your wife? I would say, I would argue hockey, heyo. I would say, that's the one sport we're able.
Speaker 3: To play together.
Speaker 1: Badminton, kind of crusher, basketball, pickleball.
Speaker 3: I would beat her fifteen to nothing?
Speaker 1: Uh, is that what they played to She actually didn't.
Speaker 4: Bay has some athletic ability and she's not getting the credit here.
Speaker 1: I was like ten deep. But she actually did win the home run derby. I did make it so the women get to step up like ten feet more and they have a shorter home run porch smart. So she did win it over me and Justin. But other than that, it's just golf. As she takes a swing here, swing there. It is a sport that we can both collectively do together.
Speaker 4: So I will say, my boyfriend's been wanting to do like a round with another couple. But what it is is the guys play everything and then the girls just do the putting.
Speaker 3: That's kind of sexist.
Speaker 4: No, it's funny because it's like the girls don't really want to hit because then you're just like, especially like me, I've never played before, right, and if I'm trying to drive a ball, it's just gonna end up in the trees. That's why I don't golf, because I don't need to be sitting there looking for my ball for six hours.
Speaker 1: You gotta do that. That's actually an awesome idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was like it'd be fun if like the guys will do and then the girls take over when it's time for the putting, and that's how you intertwine the two and then you're drinking having a good time on You gotta.
Speaker 3: Go do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you. Maybe you could, I don't know, but I don't even know if you could drive the ball into the woods because I don't know if you would hit the ball. It is so hard to hit the golf ball.
Speaker 3: Well, my wife took lessons growing up.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. You've played top golf, I guess a couple times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I hit the ball there.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe. So I'm just saying when I first went and played golf for the first I couldn't hit the ball.
Speaker 4: Well, when I the first few times I've golfed, it was definitely tough. But after I got like the hang of it, I was good. Okay, But for sure my angle and you know and all trying to get it in the right area, that was still not good. So that's what I'm saying. Like we would be there for ten hours if I had to hit every single ball.
Speaker 3: It is a very difficult. I'll agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: The ball didn't move and it is so freaking hard to do it. Why how is that possible? Because nobody really grew up playing golf? I mean, okay, well, now we're gonna have feeling yourself.
Speaker 2: Amy, come in, come in, get in here, come here, come here.
Speaker 4: I don't know she's coming.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 4: So why were you asking me if I got him a steel or something? It was my conversation.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just saw I know on your yourself. Come on, get in here.
Speaker 3: Get in, go over there by this one.
Speaker 1: What up? Girl?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna step aside. I'm going to produce This is Amy from feeling yourself.
Speaker 5: It's called feeling things.
Speaker 2: How's it going good?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Did you get your boyfriend Yankees themed Christmas present? No, did you get him sports related Christmas present?
Speaker 5: I did? Last year I got him. You got Derek Jeter ball.
Speaker 2: That's when we kind of got the little Easter egg that you were dating someone because you were like, I need something Yankees and I don't know what to get. I was like, wait a minute. So I didn't know if a year later you go back to the same well and go Yankees again.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't go back to the same well. Now I know, like more about him? Yeah, yeah, I was like, oh, he likes the Yankee I think he had just like I was talking about how he went to a Yankees game or something, so like it was just top of mind.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: So does he know Do you know who Aaron Judges? Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't watch Yankees games with him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: All rise because if you want to tell him a good story, because I was at a Yankees game this year and Aaron Judge is the MVP. He was playing right field, and he was warming up before the inning and he was throwing it every inning he would throw the ball to the crowd, and top of the seventh inning, I killed yoke judge over here, and he pointed at me and he threw me. The ball came right to me, hit off my chest and back onto the field.
Speaker 4: You didn't catch it.
Speaker 2: I dropped it. I booted it.
Speaker 5: Do you're a one opportunity and you couldn't catch the ball?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't catch it.
Speaker 5: I never like, does anybody have this on camera? Because that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what my wife said. And the other couple we were we like, there has to be fielding somewhere there. And the wife we were, the other wife we were wishing, like I stopped filming because I just got so excited. Why did I not continue filming? Oh my gosh. And I had a red mark right there on my chest where it hit me, and all everybody around.
Speaker 1: Me they booed me.
Speaker 4: I deserve that.
Speaker 2: I got booed. And then some guy behind me goes, you not catch that, broy, throw it right to you? What the And they hassled me. And even after the game, I'm walking out of the stadium and someone walks by me and goes, hey, Yola's had it, bro thanks man, thanks yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell him Judge, yeah, Aaron Judge Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: She's an al MVP and I I mean.
Speaker 4: It literally, it would have been a really expensive ball for you one day.
Speaker 2: Well not really because it's not a home run ball. It was him throwing it to me, So it's not.
Speaker 5: Really it's a game.
Speaker 4: But that's worse that you didn't catch it. You realize that, right, because like a home run ball, like it would be coming in hot fast, it would hit you and bouncing off makes sense. The fact that he threw it to you and it was not going a massive speed and you still didn't catch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, I got so excited and I was like, holy crap, he's thrown me the baseball.
Speaker 4: He choked, I Chokedah, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: So cool because he threw it right to me. It wasn't like I had to move my hands. It was he was thirty yards away and he just just pointed at me with his glove, step and just and it was just.
Speaker 1: A perfect throw.
Speaker 4: You're only making those worse for yourself, you realize that, right. The more details you share, the worst it looks for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, have you guys been doing your vacation episodes? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm done, Okay, I'm finishing tomorrow for what for what show? For feeling things?
Speaker 2: What was it tough doing vacation? Like get all ahead and everything?
Speaker 5: I mean we were building for it.
Speaker 4: May not, but I always record ahead anywhere.
Speaker 2: Only do what a couple of week? Right?
Speaker 5: How many do you do?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Wait too much? I was thinking you did one, but then I realized you did too, so I stopped mid sentences.
Speaker 5: You're like, you only do just kidding.
Speaker 2: But you do one? But you ahead of time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're also interviews, so I have to edit more. Mine's a lot more in post. Once the interviews done versus your guys is, you can just do yours and upload, right. You don't have to do a lot of editing work.
Speaker 2: We don't edit period. Yeah. We just literally we literally just record, hit record in record, throw some commercials in there, and go home.
Speaker 5: So before a bounce, since this is a sports podcast, once you box, the story reminds me at the time years ago, I went to my first Titans game and I went with Jack Daniels.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 5: You do a lot to work with them, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you want you know a funny story about Tom Miller. We went and played golf with him and he would get up to the green and he didn't want his golf ball to be dirty when he had put it and you'd think, oh, he wipes it on his shorts or his pants. He would take his tongue lick the freaking ball every time. Interesting every time, I'm like, oh my god, dude, it ain't worth that much, but go ahead. Sorry, that's the choice.
Speaker 5: Was so Power got on the field with him and the Titans are warming up. I don't even remember who they're playing, but he's like giving us a tour around the perimeter of the field and who's that kicker that played for the Titans that died?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do he die? Like it was car crash, that's so he I know that's a little but he was kicking, like practicing his kicks and we're walking behind the field goal and it hits me right in the stomach and speaking of wanting footage, like I kept like he was so concerned like are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 5: Are you okay? And yes, like speaking of I had a mark on my stomach and all I cared about was where where is the footage? Like just like you felt, It's like did anybody have this on video, like surely of the stadium, Like somewhere there's cameras. Where is the video? Because I mean I got nailed by.
Speaker 4: The FD You never got the footage.
Speaker 5: No, we never were able to find anybody that had idiot it, like it just it all happened so fast too. It was sort of like what just happened to me? And then oh I just got nailed with the Okay, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're really in the chest. Wait did you get the football?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Football, No, because it wasn't. It was a total accident. Honestly, we were probably walking back there when we should been walking there. But I mean, who knows. I don't know that it was expected that that was to happen. I mean, who would have thought. But yeah, I got nailed. And then however, many years later, Yeah, we found out he was in a car crash and I was like, that's the guy his kick his ball hit me. Yeah, so yeah, Walt won't but you know, Alas he was a really nice guy and he was nice about it. Oh No, it was the Jack Duniels guy that was checking on me, not the football player.
Speaker 2: Player.
Speaker 5: He was way on the field.
Speaker 2: I thought Veronas came running after you.
Speaker 1: He was like, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? No, Jack okay? I do oh man, that's pretty nice that he took time to go check on you.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: No, okay, cool cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I never talked to him, no, no interaction at all whatsoever. But another time I really wanted footage was that time was in Austin for iHeart Country Festival and I ran into a tree downtown because I saw snow that had a Pimp and Joy hat on and I started freaking out because I was like, it was like right after Pimp and Joy hats came out and I saw them crossing the street and I was yelling and I was like Pam and Joy, bimpen Joy and I was walking and then Bam ran right into a tree. Like I thought I was gonna have to go to urgent care because I was so messed up by the tree. And for like a week we were trying to get footage from downtown Austin of like, with all your street hands, surely you have the girl running under the tree, Like, how how do we have footage of the most random thing? Lunchbugs? I feel like if you had video of what happened to you, it would go viral. Oh yeah, that's your viral moment.
Speaker 2: And the fact that they booed me, Yeah, booed me. It was so great. And my wife goes, oh my god, I'm so embarrassed. I'm so embarrassed. I have second embarrassed and I don't want to walk out of state with me. Oh my god. And we had to sit there for the next two innings. Why people were sitting there booing me.
Speaker 4: You got disowned. My whole entire establishment was It was.
Speaker 2: Awesome, though, And then I texted my cousin though, and he said, listen, it's a better story that you dropped the ball, because if you catch the ball, it's oh I caught a ball. Now you have this story where you got hit the chest that went on the field and then the security guard came over, picked the ball up and instead of throwing it back up to me, throw into a different section of the stand.
Speaker 4: He said, you didn't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got double way reading Oh man, well, Amy, thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Ye, Merry Christmas, Mary pimp and joy.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: Feeling things feeling feeling things with Amy and Kat Feeling things with Amy and Kat. Okay, got it and Kat is a therapist. It's a mental health minded podcast, but we talk about all kinds of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amy, thanks for the gifts. Yes, very kind the gifts.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take a break. We'll be back. Are you leaving to Morgan? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I had a question for you guys, So do.
Speaker 5: You think we're working?
Speaker 2: Started it?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Why do you do that?
Speaker 1: Because I think now what we're recording is recording over the other stuff we had recorded.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The industry secrets at very end.
Speaker 2: No, No, don't do that. Why why would you record over everything?
Speaker 1: It's just the very end insider, Tom Morgan.
Speaker 2: What was your question? Did you already ask us and we got totally off subject or were you never asked it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I just want to know your guys thoughts because this is my current favorite NFL player that I've been paying attention to. He is a Steelers player, but his name's Darnell Washington.
Speaker 2: He's great. He's a big, fat dude that should be playing offensive line, but he is so athletic. He plays tight end. He's amazing. Yeah, he's fun to watch.
Speaker 4: He is my favorite player. He's the one bet I've ever made in sports betting. He didn't happen to get the ball that one game, but I bet that he'd score a touchdown because he's still freaking good.
Speaker 2: Well, Aaron Rodgers does love throwing him the football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and every time he does something happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's usually with anybody. If you've throw in the football, something happen.
Speaker 4: No, Like you know, like he'll throw it to somebody and then you're like, dang, stop throwing it to that guy because he keeps messing up. But Darnell Nope, Darnell is a beast every time.
Speaker 1: Why you could pick the goat Aaron Rodgers or DK Metcalf another beast, and she picks Darnell Washington. Did anybody even have him on their fantasy team?
Speaker 2: Probably not, But if you have a dynasty team, he is on my dynasty.
Speaker 4: Team because he is on your dynasty team.
Speaker 2: Yes, because tight ends get more for in this league. It's like their catches are worth two points, so you want more tight ends. You kind of load up on tight ends. And I was like, I'm going to take a flyer on this guy. Earlier in the year when he had one good game, and I don't ever put him in the lineup. He sits on my bench, sure, but he is on my team just because I like you.
Speaker 4: You should start playing him, I'm telling you, because he is.
Speaker 2: He's on the playoffs, so he only gets he only gets about thirty yards. Let's not act like he's lighting.
Speaker 4: There, but he well, and it's probably more so not as much in the fantasy side of things, but it's just a fan thing.
Speaker 2: You think it's cool that he's that big and he can move like that.
Speaker 4: Well, he just knocks people over because he's so fun to watch.
Speaker 2: He's like three D.
Speaker 4: He has a crazy backstory, Like the fact that he's even in the NFL is cool.
Speaker 2: Fill us in. We don't know well, And.
Speaker 4: I'm going to paraphrase a.
Speaker 2: Loss the Morgan minute. Filling us in on Darnell Washington's backstory.
Speaker 4: He grew up really poor, him and his brother, Like his mom ended up in rehab at one point, and like they were in and out of housing, but he'd always make it to football practice. There were days like he wouldn't eat and he'd go to football practice, and like he had this entire story. Ended up being a coach either in high school or like towards the beginning of college, who like really took him under his wing and like even helped provide housing for them at one point, and he ended up like making it to the NFL, and that coach is now part of the Georgia Bulldogs. I don't know what coach, but his whole story is just wild and so cool. Like he's definitely the underdog.
Speaker 1: When did he start eating? You said he was never had food growing? Oh, there was like, how did he get to three hundred pounds?
Speaker 4: Well, I think at some point he started, you know, getting out people supporting him, and once his mom got out of rehab, I think things started to turn around for them. Again, I'm paraphrasing a whole thing that I watched on him.
Speaker 3: But well, and you're good.
Speaker 1: The rehab thing relates because a lot of our podcast listeners are in recovery. We have got alcoholics that have put down the bottle. We've got gambling addicts who have deleted the site, and we have got porn addicts who have said, today I'm not logging into pornhub and I'm not gonna spank.
Speaker 4: Are you making all of this up? Or did you just.
Speaker 3: Believe two of the three are correct.
Speaker 1: One of them I may have made up that last one.
Speaker 2: Darnell Washington used to sleep in a U haul in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Probably relatable to our listeners as well, which one specifically being homeless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he rinted a U haul to trailer to live in after getting a victim from numerous places. He and his brother bounced through several foster homes before reuniting with their mother, whose housing instability caused a challenge to them. Those experiences foster deep resilience, leading him to keep himself on focus on basketball and football at Desert Spines High School.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then yeah, the coach who like really supported him was like a big one. But yeah, he went on to be like from I think a high school coach to now working at Georgia.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his story is just awesome.
Speaker 2: So it's like Blindside two point zero a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, but like not as uh dramatic. Yeah, it's just more like he really there was a coach that saw something in him and was trying to help him get to football. And the fact that this kid was like I'm going to go to football practice every single day even though he was going through stuff, and nobody would have faulted him for not showing up. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That shows dedication because like we started basketball, Baby Box two and three. They started basketball this last week. They had practice a week ago, and then this week already kids not showing up second practice and we already got kids not showing up and they have houses, they have food, But Darnell didn't have food, didn't have a house. He showed up to practice. That shows you the level of dedication. Yeah, okay, five year olds just don't care.
Speaker 3: You got to pull up a U haul trailer tell him to sleep in it.
Speaker 2: Be like, how would you like to sleep in that?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Darnell did? He made the NFL. What are you doing? You're skipping my second practice, my freaking coaching again.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, Oh last time?
Speaker 2: I mean we lose a lot. I mean basketball is not my strong point.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, you've crossed over from the player to the coach. You're no long because you're injured, and she.
Speaker 3: Just goes are you coaching again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm doing it again this year.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple extra hours in the day.
Speaker 3: You have just crossed over from the player to the coach.
Speaker 2: I've been coaching this whole time. I've coached my kids every sport.
Speaker 3: Right, but have you? Are you playing right now?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're a coach.
Speaker 1: You're on the coachers.
Speaker 4: You've switched over.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're no longer a player.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're a coach coaching again.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused.
Speaker 3: She said it, looking down on you coaching again.
Speaker 4: They lost last year, so I was they invited him back even.
Speaker 2: Though they lost. Well, here's the thing, this is a whole new squad. We only have two players returning from last year. That is Baby Box two and his buddy, Uh. They are both on the team. Then we got a bunch of baby Box two's kids from his kindergarten class. And then we have my four year old son. A four year old does not need to be playing organized basketball, but he has been wanting to play because his brothers play, and the league is four to six year olds. So he is gonna be the youngest kid out there, and he is not gonna be able to do a thing. Okay, Lebron, He's not gonna be able to shoot it.
Speaker 4: Well, not with that attitude. If you help him, he might be able to do something.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's not strong enough to get the ball to the hoop.
Speaker 4: Again, not with that attitude.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do in checkt them.
Speaker 4: Stake just like he could like power, You never know what a kid could do.
Speaker 2: No, No, I've watched him. We've gone to practice, and he hasn't got it up there yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll really empower him to put some umph behind him.
Speaker 2: You know, we were working on it because like last year, we had a girl on our team that she couldn't get it to the hoop either. And then the last game of the season, bucket may she made a bucket and started jumping up and down on the court. Didn't worry about getting back on defense.
Speaker 3: Put the rims at four feet?
Speaker 2: Are they're at seven feet?
Speaker 4: Why are they so high?
Speaker 2: Seven feet? Maybe? Well it's usually ten feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but still a seven.
Speaker 2: Feet I agree. I don't even I don't even know. I need to look at the rules. I don't even know what height it's supposed to be at because I have the little windy thing that I'm supposed to when I go to practice, I'm supposed to bring the rim down. I don't even know. The rules, and I emailed the league and they're like, oh, maybe eight and a half. I don't know. I'm like, how do you not know?
Speaker 1: You should almost make it where they can dunk. How awesome would.
Speaker 4: That be if you have control over the goal you just down?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, but you want them to get used to the height that it's gonna be in a game, because then we go to a game and they're gonna be like, what in the world at rim is so.
Speaker 3: High playing NBA?
Speaker 6: It's suburban private who they might They're ain't one tenth of there, ain't one out of ten of these kids playing college ball.
Speaker 2: You're probably right.
Speaker 1: Put the rims at three feet. Man, have a day, kid once. I've seen it now for my own eyes. Guys, it's so tough to make it to the pros. I thought I was amazing and I didn't have a damn chance in hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these kids that.
Speaker 1: Have ten sports they're playing, and none of them sound like they're any good. They're not even gonna play in high school, much less avoid drug usage and go to college.
Speaker 2: I will say baby Box three left the first practice and tears because he didn't make a basket.
Speaker 4: Well, see, then you gotta give him some more encouragements and gonna quit. Well, it kind of start somewhere.
Speaker 1: Do you even have a street where they can play?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I mean you don't even have a goal for them.
Speaker 1: At home, No soccer goal.
Speaker 2: Where would you like me to put it?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: Let me just stick a basketball goal in the middle of my backyard.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you need to get the savings account and make some payment, or out.
Speaker 4: On the street and be out there with him practicing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna talk to my guys. See if they can lay some payment for you guys. You'll go through me though, I'll be the.
Speaker 2: Middleman and you'll you'll tell me how much it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that it'll blunt.
Speaker 4: See, Yeah, he'll take them off the top.
Speaker 3: We'll get it done for you.
Speaker 2: What was your question?
Speaker 1: That was it? Though?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to talk about Darnell. That's all I had.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, because it's a sports podcast.
Speaker 2: That was good, Okay, Yeah, promote your podcast.
Speaker 3: What is it's? Uh some older people on there?
Speaker 4: What is it? I like hanging out of the seniors homies. Yes, it's called take this personally And yeah, I had I had my sister on coming up. She's gonna talk about being a new mom and then stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What does she know about being a new mom?
Speaker 4: She just had a baby.
Speaker 2: How it's a.
Speaker 4: Baby, she's twelve weeks now.
Speaker 2: What is the one thing she said that you're like, wow, okay, like opens your eyes, like you didn't realize. Does she talk about?
Speaker 4: I think more like you know when you see someone going and and you guys can probly relate to this, like seeing somebody you love like go through something new, and there's a lot of things that come with that. And she talks about like I shared how I was really worried about her having postpartum or going through any of that, and then she shared like her experience with after having the baby and what that's been like just through like a mom's eyes. So that was hard, but like good to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did she eat the placenta?
Speaker 4: No, she didn't eat the placenta?
Speaker 2: Okay, lunch.
Speaker 3: Did you have postpartum?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: Can the man get it?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's called postpartum. I think they can get certain emotions.
Speaker 2: It's called life is over depression and also depression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I don't know how life is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if your sister touched on this, but we got to change the narrative. In my opinion, I don't have kids, but uh, it was hard for people in the sixties because it seems like there was only one person work and maybe there was no instructional manuals, there's no books, there's no AI.
Speaker 3: It seems like it was harder.
Speaker 7: Then can we get to the narrative where guys, I gotta be real, let's have any kids awesome and easy.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard one person say that.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you can't because you're the guy. You're not pushing out the baby or having the baby come out of you. That's why it feels easy. There is more technology, there's more resources.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I will say this. I will say people, they hype it up. They over hype how hard it's gonna be. Thank you, they absolutely do. Now I could see the younger you are, how absolutely hard it is because you are not I'm mature, You're not grown up enough, preach, you don't have the capability. It's just so overwhelming. I was in my late thirties, so it wasn't like it was just like, oh my god, I have no idea, like, I've looked at it as there are a lot of dumb ass people in this world. Correct, A lot of dumb ass people are able to raise a child, so it can't be that impossible.
Speaker 4: Okay, But having you talked to your wife about this, like, how did your wife see it?
Speaker 2: Because she was exhausted, I would say she was exhausted, she was tired. She would get frustrated. But at the same time, it wasn't like it was like, man, this is like I don't know what to do. Oh, how do I put that diaper on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you think there's a lot of intuition that comes that people don't?
Speaker 2: You just go It just happens, like you can reading a book. There's every kid is different, so what works for one book is not going to work for you. You just learn with trial and error. So I would agree with Ray, it wasn't as hard as everybody says and what about it? I was exhausting because you're so tired, But it wasn't as hard as I.
Speaker 4: I feel like the piece is missing and I can't speak to excite my kids. Is like the mom's side of this, because that's that's just a different experience, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you can find out for yourself what what you want to charge If me and Baser needed you as our surrogate.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, you you couldn't charge me enough. I don't I don't even know if I won kids by myself, let alone carry somebody else's.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was breaking news.
Speaker 4: No, I've shared that before.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've talked about that before. I just really more just don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The question is this which birth's having kids? Sad learning? That's what it is. Okay.
Speaker 1: So for all your life, it's always on you.
Speaker 3: It's your fault. Oh you couldn't go to dinner, it's your my bad.
Speaker 2: That was on me.
Speaker 3: We just say it on the show a lot. That was on me.
Speaker 2: You gotta take a response. Like the other day when I forgot to post the pod. It was like six o'clock and I was like, I never posted the pod. I had to admit that was on me.
Speaker 1: So for the first time, for the next eighteen years of your life, you can blame it on this being and say I had kids. It was my middle schooler's fault. Sorry, freshman high school never told me he had this. You don't have to go to any event, any commitment. You can get out of work a ton for the next eighteen years because of this thing. Nobody acknowledges that it's the perfect cop out.
Speaker 7: How amazing is that it is a built in excuse to Friday Saturday night work phone call parents commitments?
Speaker 4: Right, you've had built in copouts for years and your weeconds. You Irish can buy all the freaking dime and you have no kin.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying you, especially when they're young.
Speaker 3: Oh it was crazy. He had the weirdest toothache. He can't talk.
Speaker 1: You can just make this crap it was wild. Then you would have never imagined what this kid was saying to me.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me you want to have kids, so you can have a built in excuse for right.
Speaker 1: Ten years and the kid can't even defend itself until he's like nine. You can just be like, yeah, that's what you said. Are you freaking crazy? All right? Yeah, mom, I'll call you back. This kid's being nuts, like something's wrong with him, Like you can just make up all this stuff, tell him he's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's got something there. Because people do it all the time. They blame their kids when they don't want to go somewhere, when they don't want to really do something, when they're invited to something, a little Johnny's not feeling well. There you go. Hey, I can't argue with that. Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. Get a little Johnny better. We'd love to have you, but I guess we'll catch you the next time. It's a built in excuse a lot of the time.
Speaker 4: And so here it's there.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: So with Baser, I can never say, Baser, you're like what the kids saying, Delulu. Baser, you're Delulu, You're crazy in the head. I can never say that.
Speaker 4: Right, you're correct. You should never say that, as your.
Speaker 3: Dude said that to you.
Speaker 2: No, I've told my wife you're being irrational.
Speaker 4: Okay, you should also never say that.
Speaker 3: But that's a pretty mature way to say it. But your dude could never say to you.
Speaker 4: You you can say, hey, I don't agree with that. Here's what I'm experiencing. You don't say your irrational. You should never say you are doing something. You should say I'm feeling something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I say I feel like you're being irrational.
Speaker 4: No, no, you're missing the point.
Speaker 1: That's what you're gonna get from. Take this personally. She just told you how to say it. You can't say you yeah.
Speaker 4: You have to be like I feel like that is not what's happening here, and this is this is what I think we should do or this is how we should handle it, Like let me know what you're feeling. And you can't. Ever if somebody walks up to you and you're having an argument, like say you and I get into it, I'm like, lunchbox, you're freaking crazy. That's probably not gonna make you feel really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Or like hey, Ray, you're being irrational. You're probably gonna be like, excuse me.
Speaker 3: I'm you're why O you ari?
Speaker 1: Is that the same as you You can't say you're yeah.
Speaker 4: I just really want to avoid doing that, especially in arguments, because like that builds up presentment overtime, especially like ten years down the road, if you've heard a bunch of year this you're that you're gonna start believing it and then you're just gonna fight all the time.
Speaker 1: All that to say this, so when you have a kid and he's I haven't been able to like, yell at somebody, tell somebody they're crazy. Guys, you can't say that to your wife. When Boomer comes to town, I'm like, dude, I think you're like crazy in the head all the time.
Speaker 3: And it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: As a kid.
Speaker 1: I tell him he's stupid all the time. And it feels so good to be able to tell somebody that.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, Hey, how cool does it feel to say this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, boom Er, I'm being serious right now, like you're being like nuts, Like cool down for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go downstairs.
Speaker 7: Right, is so awesome to do. That is so awesome to do. Right, you get to boss somebody around.
Speaker 4: Oh right, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I in a joking way. I'll tell my kids you've lost your mind.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 4: And it's coming out in a loving way. But you yeah, you just kids are so impressionable, Like they pick up on everything.
Speaker 1: No, they do.
Speaker 2: They pick up on everything. They absolutely pick up on everything, and it's it's it's wild what they pick up on. You don't realize that they are paying attention all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you what's his name?
Speaker 1: Boomer?
Speaker 2: Yes, Boomer.
Speaker 4: He's gonna come back like ten years from now. I'll be like, right, I always told me I was psycho and I was crazy and I'm stupid, and I'm telling you it's gonna come back and buy you in the butt, telling you right now.
Speaker 1: He's been injured playing basketball and so like. For the past five days, I text him every morning. I'm like, hey, man, you're cooked. He should probably hang it up.
Speaker 2: Ray, But that's an uncle being funny.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: There's there, but there is a line. I fair like my family loves to mess with each other. There is a line, but also texting like you don't know what the tone is, like is he really messy with me? Or is he serious? Is he really that way?
Speaker 1: I find humor in it. I don't actually think of how he views it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should start thinking about how it right?
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Morgan, Well we don't need to keep you, but you want to say bye to.
Speaker 4: The truckers, my truckers, and don't leave out the tug boaters, buye tug boaters.
Speaker 2: Wow, what do you think about the guys and their tractors?
Speaker 4: Bye guys and tractors.
Speaker 2: Hold on, say it again.
Speaker 4: Bye to the guys and the tractors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody stole that sound effect. It was probably a be though.
Speaker 4: Wait so then you have to make it make the sound No what you a muffler?
Speaker 2: Say it again.
Speaker 4: Bye to the guys and tractors.
Speaker 2: And all the guys that What about the guys that don't have jobs.
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry to the guys sitting at home.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are outside this building. Yeah, and it's sad, but they get good money from the Broadway people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll take a break. We'll take a break, Morgan, thank you. Check out your podcast twice a week, no, once a week with Morgan Hewlesman. We'll be right back. Shut up, all right, guys, Look it's time to make some money. It's the weekend. Ray, this is the last weekend we're giving locks because work. Yeah, here we go. It's really simple.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I don't know if you've addressed it isn't there football? I got some email every day for the next fourteen days.
Speaker 2: Something like that. That's freaking awesome.
Speaker 3: But it's tonight.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of weird.
Speaker 1: It's still football for people that need the action.
Speaker 2: Like the other night. Did you watch Delaware versus Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Dude, I tell you when I'm out the game. I didn't even know Army and Navy were playing. And Baser goes, well, what's on the TV right now? I was like, okay, well, I guess there is a game on TV. But I'm just telling you there's nothing until the playoffs. Yes, technically there is a guy going to be throwing a football with.
Speaker 3: A name on his helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, listen the Buffalo bit. They're going to Cleveland. Shadeur Sanders sucks, he sucks. Bill's minus ten. Take it to the bank, sesh, take it to the bank. It's easy money. Listen. The Bengals are going down. No, I don't know. I can't do it. I know I can do it. The Saints, the Saints.
Speaker 1: You always love a committed better when he gives up halfway through his bet. No, I was gonna say, send somebody at the window in Vegas do that. I can't you know what, you know what? I can't on that one.
Speaker 3: No, sir, will you please take that one off the parlay card.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem. No, it's an absolute easy bet. The Bengals are going down. To Miami Joe Burrow, T Higgins, Jamar Chase. That's all you need to know. Quinn Ewers is starting for Miami. Sorry. I know the Bengals defense is bad, but with quinn Ewers they got no shot. Give me the Bengals minus four and a half. That's he that's easy money.
Speaker 1: And two he was on video playing grab butt with Ramsey or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just very weird, very weird. And then another one I don't really get.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you realize Vegas just needs you to not get it one way and the other guy to not get it the other way.
Speaker 3: They need action on both sides of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that. I totally understand that, but like, why, why tell me? Why can you tell me why the Niners only have to give up six points to Philip Rivers. Listen, I don't think Philip Rivers is good. The Niners defense isn't unbelievable, but Philip Rivers sucks. Give me the Niners minus six at Indy take it to the bank. That's three and zero. That's it. Have a great weekend, have a great weekend. That's three money makers for you and guys. I may be incorrect, I am out the game. But I know there's football on New Year's Eat, Christmas Eve. I know there's football on Christmas. I know there football the day after Christmas.
Speaker 1: There's football every day for the foreseeable future. If you win it one day, get it back the next. If you lose that next day, chase the third day. Once you get to the fourth day, probably call the number. But you're good to chase for three straight days, especially with family in town. You don't like them yet, kids running around, tell them they're crazy.
Speaker 2: Fire off another bet, and then when you win that bet, go to Sorelosers dot com and get your ticket to the convention. Let's go. We want to see you in Nashville in the flesh, not all your flesh, just in the flesh.
Speaker 1: People are booking Airbnbs and you can still the hotel is there's still some rooms available.
Speaker 2: Yes, Holiday in Sweets Downtown, it's almost Friday is connected to it. That's where we're watching the game, and it is a podcast. You can stumble down there, get there in time for the podcast, because you know you're gonna be hung as balls from Friday night, so you might as well get the hotel room there at Holiday Inn all right, we'll see I already did that. Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: And I believe five years ago, let's say, maybe six sore losers locks came to town. Yeah, he stayed at Holiday Inn and he was right across from Friday Beers.
Speaker 2: See almost Friday Friday. All right, man, Merry Christmas. That was great for the ladies to stop by. That was random, That was not planned.