Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones welcome back.
Speaker 4: It is Kentucky Sports Radio Hour number two. Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, Mario Maitland here in Scottsdale, Arizona. Shannon's back at Kentucky. We will be back. Ryan will be back on the show tomorrow. I will still be here, but they will be there and you can give a call a five nine two eighty seven. Remember Friday, We're going to be in Owensboro at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. If you look in the morning you see spots on your face or on your body, have someone look at it. Look at it by a dermatologist at the Kentucky Skin Center. We will be there Friday, twenty nine to fifteen New Hartford Road in Owensboro. They'll have local food vendors free coffee for the first twenty five guests. We'll get there early for your coffee and get your summer skin protection goodies. You can learn more at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. Will treat you not just like a patient, but like family. That will be Friday, So I'm going to be very tired when I get there, but ready to rock. In Owensborough, it's also the Barbecue Festival this weekend. People, if you've never been Owensboro, the Barbecue Festival's big thing. If you have best food, you'll have Janny, you ever been the barbecue festival there.
Speaker 3: I love some good barbecue, so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: It's great that will be this weekend. So after we go, if we do our show, I think we're gonna go try to find some some barbecue at the Barbecue Festival.
Speaker 5: I've been to it many times, but it's been probably ten years since i've been.
Speaker 4: But it's a lot of fun. Uh.
Speaker 5: I'll be there a little earlier. I'm going Thursday night. Looking forward to a fun weekend. We're gonna have a little billy birthday party, I hope Thursday night, so we'll be around Owensboro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you if you're if you're around Owensboro, come see us at the show Friday at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. Ay five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. I'm gonna go back to the phone just a second. But NBC Sports you you probably don't know the name Jonathan Fagan, right, nobody knows that. I do not, but he is the voice when you watch the Olympics on NBC he's the voice that comes in and out and does the promoska right, So probably none of the four of us would know his voice, but if we heard his voice, we would know what he says. He died unfortunately, rest in peace after the Olympics last year. But Shannon, his voice is apparently iconic with the Olympics. So they have made a deal with his family that they will use AI to have his voice do the Winter Olympics this year. His family agreed to it, and now the same voice that has been used in the Olympics in years past will be used as the official voice in the Olympics this year. And some people wonder, is this the start of bringing back all kinds of announcers like John Madden could just be back. Wow, an AI version of John Madden Kentucky Sports Radio could exist after I died, but just with me. With AI, you could conceivably Rush Limbaugh could replace Clay and Stray that come on after here. So leave aside the ethics because his family agreed to it, Chandon, would you do you think this is a good idea a bad idea? What do you think?
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool? Because it's really a way for you to live forever, right, I mean, if you could use that voice until the end of time. It's sort of cool that you can honor that person's legacy long after they're gone. So as long as the family's okay with it, and I guess he would be assume he.
Speaker 4: Would be okay. Okay, yeah, probably never but never even assumed it was something you could do. Yep.
Speaker 3: And as long as they're paying the family for the continuing then I'm kind of fine with it, I think. I mean, it's strange.
Speaker 4: Would any of you not want your families in the future to have you live forever via voice? My hand is raised time, tru. I don't like this, Filtererie.
Speaker 3: I don't like what you guys. Don't want to.
Speaker 4: Live well at first, I don't want to live forever just in general voice no, because I don't care how how good AI is. I don't want to be held responsible for what AI says. I would say.
Speaker 3: Do you think I could ruin your legacy Postmaril.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't care how smart it.
Speaker 3: Is, But no, that's a man that's not really mad.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, though, there are everyone has thoughts in their head that are good and bad, right, yeah, and you have a filter that makes you decide whether it's good or not. And some people's filter is better than others. Ryan's filter is terrible. Ryan has no worse thoughts than anyone else. It's just he doesn't know when not to say it. He doesn't know to say, you know, I think women make good food, so they should keep making food, Like I don't like he doesn't know not to say that. I worry that the computer, the AI would not have that, and then my legacy would be stained by something they say.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing though, Like Matt, I hope you live to be one hundred and fifty, but like, let's say you passed away before me, I want to still be able to argue with Ai Matt.
Speaker 4: Well in that huge do you want? Do you want that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Okay, so people we talked about people being irreplaceable. Everybody agrees John Madden is the best announcer ever. Would you want to hear John Madden call a game right now? Yes?
Speaker 3: If there was an alternate, like let's say they got the regular broadcast and an alternate broadcast on another station. I'm watching the Madden broadcast.
Speaker 4: Would you want to have John Madden I'm conflicted here because I'm definitely team no On wanting it to exist.
Speaker 5: But when you frame it that way, I would tune into a John Badden broadcast right now.
Speaker 3: And Pat Summer all you put them together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean just like a Madden game. Yeah. Like, I mean, they still those dudes, but now imagine it's live and they're reacting to what happens with the boom. I mean, would you like to have a virtual Lee Corso still put on the mascot heads Wood with Kentucky Kwood. That's the one thats up? There we go? I'm asking the fans seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. This is in the realm of this is not like some crazy thing in the next five years. They could have Kwood Ledford do the UK games. Would you want Let's assume it wouldn't affect Tom Leach's talk, Okay, but let's say you could have Haywood, Letford and Ralph Hacker on an alternate stream of Kentucky basketball. Would you want to listen to it? See?
Speaker 5: I hate this concept of it existing. However, I would absolutely tune in for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so if his family was cool with it, you know, But k Wood might have had thoughts.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll say they can filter that out.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that we make it to where AI has like the same filter that k Wood has.
Speaker 3: It has guardrails on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I could be talked into it. But we don't know how k Wood would have adjusted to modern life.
Speaker 3: AI k would like taking puffs of the cigarette, like in between plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if k Wood's smoking during the game, a smoke during the K game.
Speaker 5: I've mentioned this before, but I just did this. This took one second. You can go to chat GBT and write an episode of KSR. It is scary, how how real it is?
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is what chaos I just typed KSR set I said, So this is what they say. I would say. I'm gonna read exactly, Shannon what chat. I'm gonna read exactly what JP chat GBT says. I would say. Okay, Welcome to everyone. This Kentucky Sports Radio Monday Edition live from KOs Bar, Grill and Beautiful Lexan, Kentucky. I'm Matt Jones, joined as always by Ryan Lemon, Drew Franklin, and Shannon the Dude behind the Board. Big show Today, Travis Perry lit it up in the scrimmage. Liam Cohen's back doing Liam Cohen things at spring practice, and Ryan might have had another run in at the myerself checkout. And then Ryan Lemon goes, listen, those machines hate me. I scan grapes and it charged me for ribbi and I don't even like Rivit isn't that And then Drew responds, that's a lie. I've seen you eat a twenty ounce Ribbi malones and asked for dessert that took one second. Scary, right, that sounds like could have been it even has I did it one time where Ryan was running late and he forgot that it starts through you, being like did you forget the equipment? Again? Like the fact that it even knows our personalities? Because the thing about that this is like an early generation. So yes or no? You would want to hear a Kawood Ledford game uk of his AI today He calls Kentucky Louisville next year. Yes, I would definitely tune in. Would you want to hear? Yes? Yes? See, I think I would too, So this is coming. Folks like Charles Barkley can retire, but he can just make his AI do it.
Speaker 3: Forever, like it's n il right, I mean for all of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe I will keep doing KSR after fis it just won't be me. That's so weird, That is it's crazy to think that that can happen. But they're doing that with this guy at the Olympics. You will hear his voice at the Winter Olympics, even though he is dead and couldn't possibly know what is happening at the Winner Olympics.
Speaker 3: Imagine you retire, though, and you're making the same salary, but you're not even going to work every day. You're saying salary and even exist crazy.
Speaker 4: So you tell me, would you want to hear Kwood seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Jerry?
Speaker 4: Jerry? Go ahead, Jerry?
Speaker 7: Well, first, I would love to hear k Wood, particularly doing football, because he was as good on football as he was on basketball, but which I can't believe they don't make more of his broadcast available.
Speaker 4: Would you feel like it was really him when you listen to it, or would you even care?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't care. I'm amazing a somebody like KSR or UK or somebody doesn't make a library of all his games.
Speaker 4: This is about the future. You're talking about the past. I'm talking about the future. Would you want to hear all it's so Yeah?
Speaker 7: I love it. Yeah, I grew I grew up on Kwood. I love Kwood. I could listen to me times. But but my main point and Colin was, you know, I think that that next September for Stoops is going to be the most important month since he's been here, particularly that first game agains Toledo, because Toledo is the best team in the MAC. They've got a really good football team. And if Kentucky drops that game, I mean, if they go one and four in September, it could be well.
Speaker 4: If it's over, No, no, I mean it's over. If Kentucky loses to five Stoops, it's over. Now. The Old Miss game, to me is a more interesting conversation because I don't think they have to win it, but they can't get blown out. But you're right, good Toledo is good and you cannot lose that game.
Speaker 7: No, he can't lose that game. And then also South Carolina. He can't go down there and get blown out South Carolina. How they I mean, I don't say they're gonna win that game, but they got to play well and and you know, we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: I'm totally with you, Jerry, I appreciate called this dude that was at the party last night, MINSI he's an Old Miss guy, and he came up to me and he said that the Old Miss game is huged for for Lane Kiffin too, that the fans are kind of like, all right, man, you know, the Kentucky game is like a sticking point to them last year, and they're they're kind of like, we can't lose to Kentucky again. That Kentucky Old Miss game in week two is gonna be a massive game for both programs. In week one, he goes without saying, like Mark stop if he lose to Toledo, the time here is just gonna end. That's just how it is.
Speaker 5: Toledo, if I'm not mistaken, went to Mississippi State and won last year. They did already have an SEC win just a season ago. But at the same time, to be on the more optimistic end, if Stoops beats Toledo and Old Miss to start the season, what does that do for the narrative? There's a lot of people that are already done with him. But if he goes, if he beats old miss and you're two and zero, I think that can completely change the direction of how things are going for him.
Speaker 4: It seems like everybody wants to hear Kawood. Yeah. I was very anti AI till we framed it as would you turned on a Kwood broadcast? Well? Yeah, I mean okay, Like I think about radio, If you said to me, could I get Tony Kornheiser circa like before he became a completely grumpy old man Like Tony Kornheiser when I listened to it, which was like two thousand and one to two thousand and seven or eight, he was awesome? Could I get if you could get me an AI version of that to talk about what was happening on a day to day basis, I think I'd probably listen.
Speaker 5: You could also, like you love Bill Simmons. You could also maybe pick who you want to be broadcasting together.
Speaker 4: You could like own Yeah, I could make a pot exactly right, like I could have Tony Kornheiser, Bill Simmons before he became rich and yeah, and Shane Gillis and then like that's a podcast come on Man not far away, dude, it's kind of blows your mind. I mean when I read this story, apparently they did something like this with al Michaels last year, but the technology was like very basic. It was like a video game. They're saying they can have this, dude, that they had update the promos in real time. That's wild, that's crazy, that's wild scary. Yeah, well, I hard already has it. We learned it. We had that podcast thing last year. But it can take our show now and put it out in every language. Yeah, they take our show and they put it in like a Spanish. Yeah, there is, Chandon. Did you know that there's like a version of me in Arabic doing this show? It doesn't they don't, they don't send it out, but they have the technology that they could make me speak in Arabic right now, that's not my new deal. There was language in there about it basically saying you give us permission to create foreign language versions of you.
Speaker 3: I've already got you on Netflix and a tell and saying look at that cake, so we can we can do that like with every language.
Speaker 4: Basically yeah, all right, well take a break, crazy stuff, be right back this kids, Tuck welcome back at his Kentucky Sports Radium. If I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. Some of the people that were writing on the text machine like giving me examples of things you could do or crazy. One person writes, Matt, I sort of look at you the way you always talk about corn Hines. I've enjoyed listening to you since I was a kid. If you were gone, I'd love to hear an Ai version of the show. It wouldn't be real, but it still would be something. But here's a question for you. Would you like to use it for you to interview people that you admire from the past? Ooh, that's a nice twist. Okay, So what like I could interview like Muhammad Ali or like Bobby Kennedy. That's or K would like what if what if I were to bring Ai Kwood an interview him and he and I talk about the past and the future current of UK basketball And that's like mind blowing stuff. But it's not. It would be crazy, but it's not really him, No, but it's kind of him.
Speaker 3: It's all his knowledge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, gives you an idea of what it may be like if it would happen Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I'm down. I'm down for as we saw in what I just handed you like the substance of what they come up with. You would say, it is kind of your tone what we normally do, like it knows what that's crazy because that's like that's like just processing audio from a long period of time. Yeah, but when you say to me, could I in real time interview like Bobby Kennedy, that's crazy. We could get just on the show, but to sit and talk to him about like his tour of Appalachia in the sixties where he like walked like I would be fascinating that, but it would not really be him. Wouldn't be right when you feel like you're kind of talking to a wall or like a I don't know what it would feel like. Maybe it'll feel normal over time. But this is partially why, Like this conversation is part of a bigger conversation that I do think people need to understand, which is the world is about to be a different place in ten years and a lot of like our current conversation is about bringing back the world of the past. You just gotta say stop, like that ain't happening. You know, the sort of let's bring well, I don't want to get into a political fight, but like, let's bring back jobs like that. Stuff's going like this is the future. Now I'm not saying it's good. Like something bad about this is you could just make Matt Jones the host of KSR forever and then nobody like there's no new talent that gets to do it. That's not good. But this is coming and our economy, Like, there's gonna be tons of jobs that you that that people trained for, that they were told this is the future, job that are just gonna go away, like coders, oh gone gone, graphic design ten years they would have told you ten years ago, go be a computer coder. That's a job you'll always have. And Shannon, in five years, they're not gonna need any of them.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna have a lot of people without jobs.
Speaker 4: Except like the elite, elite graphic designers exactly like the things people can do with graphic design. Now, some of this is already here. There's already like trucking, there's already trucks driving around making deliverties, deliveries with no one driving. Yeah, that's already here. We saw a car, Shannon, we saw a driverless car. It was like right next to it. Mean, I'm not saying nothing, but i'd never seen one. I've never seen one of person, and it was I kind of was like, get away from me, driverless car.
Speaker 3: Fact to park, you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean there's a whole thing coming that I don't really think America or the world gets, including me, that is it's coming. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Michael, Michael, what's up?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 6: Hey, glad you all are having good time in Arizona. I have a question for you to talk about. Maybe do you think there will ever be a world where the first two rounds of the n c A are probably given out on a bidding process where we could get a bidding process between like Nashville and think louis Le Cincinnati. Yeah, but get it in like a rotation.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they could, but they're gonna the city's already bid for this. I mean that's how they pick the cities now, is that cities bid for it. I mean, if you're asking, like, can we get to where there's always one in this area that we could go to, I think the answer to that is yes. Cincinnati did not have the facilities to host until recently they've upgraded their arena, So Cincinnati's hosting I want to say next year or maybe the year after. Nashville usually doesn't bid because they can make more money on concerts then, so that's why they don't do it. You'll notice that the first and second rounds are often in cities like Providence, in Greensboro and Wichita because what I understand is the bigger cities they think they can make more money with other stuff, or they have NBA obligations and hockey obligations that they can't work around. So, sir, that's part of the reason you see why the first and second rounds are often in secondary cities is for that reason.
Speaker 6: I was just thinking that, like in North Carolina, there's always seems like one in Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh. Yeah, and Duke never has to leave the stake.
Speaker 4: But the reason they do that is Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh always sell out immediately, and because there's all those teams there, et cetera. You put if you put one in Lexington, if Kentucky's not or excuse me, if Louisville's not good, who's gonna fill up like they got lucky they had Louisville and Tennessee here. But and I appreciate the call. If Louislle and Tennessee weren't in it, would they have sold out Lexington? I don't know. I don't think they would have. Probably, you know, especially when Louisville didn't make the second round. I've probably heard it too. Yeah, but the like, if we're not a one seed the year it's in Louisville, then it did it really help Louisville a lot to get it? So but I do think that's why you see the first round have secondary cities because if you're a team of an NBA team or a hockey team, you are, you have a schedule you have to work around. You got concerts. Whereas like, again, where where did we go this year? Milwaukee? Well, they have an NBA team, but they don't have a hockey team, so it's probably easier to uh to schedule. We'll take a break. We'll be right back. The SCARSR. TJ.
Speaker 3: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: I think I'm scaring people here, Shannon. People were sending me and they're just sending me all this stuff. This ai like how scared they are. They're like, Matt, does this mean we're like, you know, you start to think about the ramifications of this stuff. Mm hmm, it's wild. We've gone too far. We've already gone too far. Well, if you think we got too far, wait till we go. Uh. Shout out to the ladies of KSR. By the way, who their membership is is growing. One person writes Matt. The ladies of KSR are loving having Mario on the show. They all have crushes. That's because I think a lot of them are right in the age range that that loves Mario. Lads of ks are awesome too. That you can if you're if you're a woman, you listen to KSR, you should join their Facebook group. They they've been great fans. Then they are maybe our most loyal fans, and so we we adore them all. Right, I just sent you all chat GPT. Put together, somebody put in chat GPT. Shannon, Uh, just do an episode of kosruh a script. Okay, coming back from break, we are going to read the parts. This is what they say we would say, So this is not a saying this. This is what they say, we would say. Drew's gonna read his Shann'll read his Mario. You're gonna play Ryan limit love it? Okay because he's not here. All right, let's this is exactly what chat GPT says the show would be, and I'm gonna do it like I would do. All right, Welcome back, take you Sports Radio Live Chaos Bar and Grill. It's a beautiful day in Lexington. Uh, Ryan, how many chicken wings did you just eat during the break?
Speaker 8: I stopped counting after twelve, Matt.
Speaker 4: But in my defense, okay, hang on that. You're right, yes, don't get better, It'll get better. Let me. I wasn't ready for that. Alright, let's start to the top because I didn't. I wasn't expecting that as your Ryan Lemon voice. All right, let's try it. All right, Welcome back to take you Sports Radio Live from KOs Bar and Grill. It is a beautiful day here in Lexington. Now, Ryan, how many chicken wings did you eat during the break?
Speaker 8: I stop counting after twelve, Matt, But in my defense, they were honey barbecue ones, so I was basically eating healthy.
Speaker 4: Ryan's over here treating honey barbecue like it's kale. Alright, let's you sound just like sorry? Well, all right, let's circle back to Ryde's die Terry choice is later. Let's talk a little Kentucky basketball. Shannon, are you worried about the Cats defense heading into the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 3: I'm more worried about their free throw shooting. To be honest, you can't win six games in March if you're bricking front ends of one and one's.
Speaker 5: Shannon's right, it's not nineteen ninety six anymore. You can't just out athlete everybody. You gotta hit your free throws.
Speaker 8: I still say reach shepherds on the court. I feel good that kid's got ic in his faints.
Speaker 4: Man, Ryan, you feel good if we'd opened a gas station and sold you a hot dog. You are irrationally confident about everything he does. That's because he's a winner.
Speaker 3: Mat Okay, so not exactly the best script.
Speaker 4: I actually thought it was a pretty good script, to be honest with you. I mean, Mario playing rhyme realistic, But I mean, like, we.
Speaker 3: Can try another one. We get Ryan back with us.
Speaker 4: Hey, we could say that though.
Speaker 3: That could have been. Yeah, a conversation that we had in.
Speaker 4: That, that's a conversation we could have had me even saying you can't out athlete anyone, like it's like nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I would be concerned about bricking one. And one's like free throw. I've never talked about free throw shooting being worried about it.
Speaker 4: That's still I don't know. Man, I like that. You think that's how right? So who's up next? Yeah, that's like all white people to you. Go ahead, good, what's up?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 9: Just down here in sunny Florida and Sarahsota, enjoy it. Listen to you guys talk. And I want to ask you guys a question. What do you guys think about her? Do you think we guys have too many big guys in the center position or in the tall because I'm kind of worried about not having enough guards. And I'm gonna hang out there and listen and again we'll see you back in Kentucky in a little bit. But thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I do. They basically traded a guard for a big right as the last person. You know, I'm not particularly worried about it. I mean, you've got what so what are our what's our guard situation? You have Jayen Lowe, you've got Aberdeen, you got Jasper john and you got Otaga Colin Chandler, you know Cam Williams kind of so I think you're right. I mean, if you ask me in college basketball, would I right now? I'd probably want to have a guard instead of another big. But you know, maybe, uh maybe they when Travis left, they just thought it was a chance to give a shot. So I don't know. I mean, they're they have a lot of depth, but but you know, after Brandon Garrison, there's a lot of unknowns at that center position in some ways, so maybe take two shots at it.
Speaker 5: They're deep at the front court. Not worried about that at all. You're fine if you have a healthy season. I mean, if you have any injuries like you did a year ago, I mean you're doomed no matter what your roster looks like. But as long as low can play the whole year, I think they'll be fine in the back court. It would be nice to have one more behind them, but that's just Kentucky fans being greedy.
Speaker 4: We want two at every spot and we want three.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, if you got other rosters, there's teams in much worse shape than Kentucky's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and they have they have, in my guy opinion, three guys that could play point guard in a pinch, which is Aberdeen Chandler. And you could even play a whole position too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm equal critical of Colin Chandler. How he played point guard this past season just a little bit. But you gotta remember last summer he didn't practice as a point guard. He barely even practiced at all. If he goes into the year and spends the whole offseason knowing that he's gonna have to do a little ball handling, I think that can completely change his development.
Speaker 4: Did you say we have somebody? Shannon? Oh? I thought you did. Okay, if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, I do feel like they probably h they have have enough. Are you seeing the uh? Did you see after we talked about Newark? Did you see what happened at Newark yesterday? Tell us about it? Newark Airport. We talked about all the problems. It turns out a week ago, for two minutes, the entire system went off the grid at Newark and for two minutes, all the air traffic controllers lost control of all planes. Oh my goodness. The reason it apparently happened is they switched over the system from Long Island, New York to Philadelphia because Long Island had two people quit, so they didn't have enough people to do it, so they switched it over to Philadelphia to oversee it. But then Philadelphia apparently now has to do Philadelphia and Newark and they didn't, and then they didn't have enough people because of the firings a few months ago. So now two weeks ago they had two minutes where it went off the grid and they couldn't see any of the plane. That's a pretty traumatic event. Apparently some of the people were very upset threatened to quit because they were like, I can't do this anymore. The FAA, who can't lose any more people, said how about you take forty five day leave. They have, but now they have even fewer people. So now yesterday eight hundred flights were canceled into Newark and they are expecting four to five hour delays today. So, Shannon, I think this is a story that's not going away because these people are still on leave.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and even fewer people there.
Speaker 4: And apparently Newark because it's switched over. I don't understand the science of it, but because it switched over from Long Island Island to Philadelphia, they had to create a system that you have to work in Philadelphia to understand. So it's not like they can just bring in people from other branches to fill in.
Speaker 3: It sounds like an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 4: An absolute nightmare. It's absolute chaos. It felt like it didn't it wasn't chaos like it feels like everything just started to fall apart on this and getting worse. And you are getting on a plane today, Go grab our suitcases and head to an airport here. Yeah, but at least you're not going to Newark.
Speaker 3: We'll get the AI version of it already, just in case.
Speaker 4: After our conversation yesterday, I was fine still flying to Newark, but I don't know about after I see I see that, like they first of all the delays in and of itself, they said yesterday they had planes that just had to circle the city for two hours, wasting for a chance to land.
Speaker 3: Well, when there was somebody there that worked at air traffic control that said I wouldn't fly it's not safe. That would be the moment I would be outright.
Speaker 4: But now you understand why they said it two weeks ago. It just they said, the whole system just it disappeared. They had no contact with the planes. The planes had no way to know where the other planes were. They said, thankfully it was a bright day so you could see everything. But otherwise for two minutes, like what if it had been cloudy we're talking about AI might be time to bring the robots into uh air traffic Control. I mean, I don't know. Seems like a scary situation as much as a new Yeah. I have to say, if you were flying into Newark today or tomorrow, wouldn't you be like nervous, very nervous. I wouldn't imagine you on a plane. Interesting to see if like people have many like canceled flights and stuff they've had to that to that you know, your head to the airport going to Newark. But on a different note, recent storms may have caused damage to your roof, but don't wait to get your roof inspect to get it done now, because if you miss a minor repair, you could be thousands in the future. It's Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. Free estimates always. Bluegrass are Roofing and Consulting, a family, veteran and first responder own company. They are your roofing specialists you can trust they'll do the repairs and a lifetime war and on any full roof replacement. Use my code KSR when you call schedule your free inspection for five percent off your roof for pair replacement. Just say KSR. Visit Bluegrass Roofing Andconsulting dot com or call one eight hundred roof Pro. We'll take a break. Be right back. It's KSR. Welcome back. Extecky Sports Radio. I love no matter what you talk about, there'll be people on the text machine who will say, to me, Joe Biden, what is the moment that when bad things happen, now it's not Joe Biden's fault. Does that just go forever? Because when good things happen, people go because we got a new prisident. And then when bad things happen, they go cause this president. When's the moment you get to say it's the other one. I'd say, we have a few more years to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next term.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because every time. Every time something good, I don't everybody go, let's be cause of Joe Biden. Every time something's bad, let's cause of Joe Biden. Thanks lot Obama. That's what's one too. You know, Bill Clinton, why you got it? Why didn't you fix the airplane? No, I it doesn't matter to me who's who's whose fault? Any of this is. They just got to get it fixed. Like airports, you can't just like I mean, there's still people who got fly today like you, People's lives, people's lives online, and you can't make mistakes. Two quick things in Louisville, Shannon tonight, I'm hearing there's gonna be drama, all right. I wish I had a camera there. You know, we we had that caller call last week about the Joe Creasin park.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, the one to put the Creasing park.
Speaker 4: There's a park. It's a beautiful park. It's beautiful park. They and they are gonna like take twenty acres of the sixty five and make it pickleball, private pickleball, which, by the way, at this resource, at this resort I have we have here, they have free pickleball. I'm actively turning it down. I haven't even walked to that right there, and I'm like, Nope, not going So tonight they're having a public forum and I'm hearing through the grape vine it's going to be wild, lots of people coming to make their thoughts known. Shannon, I would love to be a fly on the wall at the pickleball for him tonight because the people that are against this my neighborhood. You know, I didn't know anything about it when that woman called my neighborhood is now all signs saved the Joe Creasing Park. So people are taking this up as a cause, And Shannon, I bet that open forum tonight will be something else.
Speaker 3: People on level are passionate about two things, parks and pickleball, and you put the two on the spectrum and you're gonna have a catfight going on there today.
Speaker 4: That is true. Forget conservative liberal parks. Pickleball. That is the way to divide a nation right there. It's gonna that's gonna be funny to see. I'm surprised you're not flying back to be a part of this. Why don't have an indion? Oh, you definitely have an opinion. You hate pickleball. I do I do, but I don't go to parks. I mean, I like them in theory, but I don't spend a lot of time in them. Plus they have dogs and children at the parks. Okay, this is why you're conflicted. You can get rid of dogs and children, but then you're looking at pickle Are there parks where you can't have dogs or children? I think that's the point of parks, you know, where you can't have dogs and parks and a pickleball.
Speaker 3: So I'm very conflicted both sides, really, really, both.
Speaker 4: Of you all are the problems.
Speaker 5: You should show up and be anti all of it.
Speaker 3: Parking, you're the third party.
Speaker 4: How about we do this compromise. Let's get rid of the park, Let's get rid of the pickleball. Let's put a skyline. I'm gonna make your yard side that says, make it a skyline, just for just for this park, debd in your So if anybody goes to that, I'd like to hear what happens tonight. I think it would be nice to have it to be a fly on the wall. Second, I learned something yesterday. Uh ho, what is it? Hobvier? What was the Alverado? What jockey won with sovereignty. Was it Junior Olverado? I'm not gonna be I'm not sure. But anyway, the jockey that won, he got fine shitnon because he hit the horse sovereignty with his whip one too many times, which means I didn't know this can't in a race, you can only hit as I read the article, you can only hit the horse in its hind quarters six times. That's it, and he hit it a seventh time. And it's not a competitive advantage. It's for the safety of the horse. So he was fined thirty one thousand dollars. It was a lot of money, I would think for those jockeys. But did you know that there was a whip count maximum? Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. No, I don't know anything about horse racing to begin with, so I definitely I thought you could hit it as much as you want.
Speaker 4: I never heard that until yesterday, that that you. I mean, it makes sense to me. I mean, I guess we don't want I.
Speaker 3: Mean I don't want to abused, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want to use the whole run. But I don't understand is why six is okay? But like, yeah, I can, yeah, to me, six is a weird number. It's not you would think it'd be five. With their science behind this, did they like or maybe just if it's so bad, just don't like you can't do it at all.
Speaker 3: I think we should get to hit the jockey six times, and that's his punishment. Every time you go over, we give you seven lashes.
Speaker 4: But I did. I had no idea that was the rule? Did you know? I had no? I did.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's like a conscious decision while they're riding, like crap, I'm in foul trouble here, I've already done it five times.
Speaker 4: We're a little behind. I'm just gonna take this fine and hit it twice.
Speaker 3: Lost count it happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. Interesting, just an interesting little tibbit. Who's next? Ron? Go ahead?
Speaker 10: Run hey man? Enjoying the show a couple of things? Uh?
Speaker 7: Yes, on kay?
Speaker 10: Would emphatishally?
Speaker 4: Okay, you think it would thank you so much? You don't think it would be weird?
Speaker 10: Well I don't think so. I just enjoyed k Woods calls. I'm seventy three, so yeah, yeah, I think that might make a difference. But I really would like it, and I want to tell you, thank you, uh for your update on the ponies. Okay, I listened to that and I found it very helpful. I'm want to go back and listen to the podcast again, but I miss every now and then. But thanks thanks for doing that.
Speaker 4: All right, I appreciate the call. Thank you very much. What do you say? Thank you for what I couldn't tell you? I think said the ponies? Ponies? Yes, like you're betting advice? Maybe?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha? All right? Well good to think. Hey, Mother's Day Sunday? Are you all ready for it? Yeah? Yeah, be ready? Make your mom a great lunch or dinner with no Chay Linda Farms beef. No Cha Linder Farms Beef makes a great gift. You could cook for Drew Mario. You could help me cook for my mom. It's at no chay Linda's Farms dot com or call eight five nine seven oh seven seven thousand and four in place in order let your mom pick out her favorite cut of beef. Hey, mom, what's your favorite cut of beef? My mom likes beef. Share what's your favorite cut of beef? You could get Tomahawks, Delmonico Steaks or more at no Chay Linda Farms dot com. Go check them out. You can get the order that you want at a price you deserve, and if you're in the Lexington area, they will deliver. It's been a great partner of ours. The flavor is awesome. It's no Chay Linda farms dot com. I highly recommend anyone enjoys the true flavor of beef talked up with a delicious customer experience at no Chay Linda farms dot com. I'm no Linda Burgers. Right before we hit the airport. That's Awes week. All right, Well, guys, we've had a great time. I'm believing him. I hope you all, hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Thank you going back to before we leave, you know, think, yeah, thank DraftKings. They're the ones I didn't thank you you, Jo. All I did was pay for your your dinner and drinks that one night, which did require me to go get a race to pay for the two of you. What is your bar tab gonna be? My pool tab yesterday before one was north of two hundred dollars and Mario kept putting drinks on my tab. But that's you know, let's let's take care of Mario here. You know what, here's a fun time. I will still be here tomorrow, but be on the show so well, these guys. We will remember my trivia next Tuesday night. Get that under schedule. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio