Speaker 1: Are you leave in I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay a. We want to send you off InStyle. We want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Porn?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride.
Speaker 4: With Karen and Chris?
Speaker 5: Welcome to Do you need to ride? This is Karen Kilgariff. There's no Chris Fairbanks because we are going to pick him up right now at the airport. This is a legit, old school, actual, back to the old form canon version of do you need a ride? We're actually going to the Bob Hope Airport.
Speaker 1: Is this? Yes?
Speaker 6: This is it?
Speaker 1: This is it?
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: Guys, maybe it's a little crazier than we thought.
Speaker 5: Oh, also, Steve and I just realized we got into the car. It's Oscar Sunday here in Los Angeles, which means there's no traffic anywhere. There's no one on the freeway, there's no one any anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's the greatest. It's like it's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Everyone's indoors trying to see the one person they know four degrees away from Kevin Bacon is going to win their prize.
Speaker 1: It was very stormy today.
Speaker 5: There was like a straight up downpour in Los Angeles, which is very rare. Oh, I wonder if it affected the red carpet cover.
Speaker 6: Did you get did you hail at your place? Hail? No, it hailed.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. I could hear from where my house is.
Speaker 5: I could hear something going on, but it sounded like I was like, that's super loud traffic or something. And now that would make sense if it was a hailstorm, because it was like a distant, distant weather noises. All right, now we're in the we're pulling into the prime area of the Hope Airport, passing the luggage and Jet Blue Southwest. He should be somewhere right in front of us.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, there is HI. How's it going?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean this airport.
Speaker 1: Is the best.
Speaker 6: It's just the best. Everyone is happy, they're so convenient.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a vibe at lax and here it's just like people look at all that's hugging and kissing, and these are just the uber and lyft drivers. Oh, right, as I said it, Right as I said it, we got an aggressive honker.
Speaker 1: An aggressive lyft driver, and I.
Speaker 6: Probably shouldn't be over here. That's the shared ride area, sir.
Speaker 5: Please clear our area. Sir Chris, where are you coming from?
Speaker 7: I am right now in real time, but now when you listen to this, let's just be open that it would be.
Speaker 6: Impossible for us to you know, stream live, yes to stream life.
Speaker 7: I have just done Milwaukee and Minneapolis.
Speaker 5: How to go?
Speaker 7: And I have you know, usually I have something to complain about. I really, I've never had. All the shows were sold out. Yes, all the audiences were amazing. There wasn't one stinker. Nice uh. I only had fun. And even the booking of all these shows just fell on my lap. I didn't even have to try hard with this tour.
Speaker 6: I have no complaints. That's amazing it is, but it's not good for comedy.
Speaker 5: Oh you've joked something out to complain about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, let's see. Let's see. It was kind of cold.
Speaker 1: I'm too happy.
Speaker 6: I had to buy a new jacket that I like.
Speaker 1: Was it snowing right when I left?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 6: Like snowed Christmas levels. Really yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It just dumped, But I knew I'd be okay because no Ice, good visibility.
Speaker 6: Minneapolis can handle their snow.
Speaker 1: They know their shit.
Speaker 7: They probably have a heated tarmac or tarmac term a hormige.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The show that we in Minneapolis, I was headlining, but I Michelle recorded an album in fifteen minute increments because she gets tired as MSS and gets tired on stage. But she was so sharp and funny and had great It's so fun to do stand up with someone you started with, like I have her first set memorized, and we were just hearing each other's new jokes because you never get to do stand.
Speaker 6: Up with your friends, that's right. So it was great.
Speaker 7: And all these amazing people showed up as usual and said sweet things and handed me miniature gifts and we like, what, oh, I have some in my bag just so I could share. Here's one of the best things and given to me by someone named Laurie, and it is a miniature golden microphone with a little mic scan.
Speaker 4: What all.
Speaker 7: It goes in there? It's like a little like a hip hop necklace, like a.
Speaker 5: Little almost like well, it would be like an award, except for it's very small.
Speaker 6: It feels like an award.
Speaker 7: And I gave an acceptance speech, and she gave me a scorpion in honor of the story I've told twelve times, which I just put in the middle of my bag. So I hope it's yes, it looked pretty real, I hope as guy opened it up and.
Speaker 6: Said, scorpion, that's so funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and little bottles, and I got some cool artwork.
Speaker 6: One girl.
Speaker 7: I wish I had the envelopes and everything in front of me, But one girl.
Speaker 6: Took a picture of her laying on the hood of her Ford Taurus like like sprawled out smoking as it's the funny and I am hanging it up.
Speaker 7: And I got a nice cross stitch Breddy stonellis nice and that work looks familiar. I bet you've you've gotten my favorite murder of cross stitch from this person.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, it was just it was just the best.
Speaker 1: You seem happy. It's good.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, it it gives you makes you feel valid when you go do a bunch of shows. And because I took time off and when I'm just pacing around my apartment, I forget what I do for a living. Mm hmmm, and uh, it was a nice reminder that everything's going to be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I'm in town for a little while and then I go to Denver and that place is great.
Speaker 6: The fun is never going to stop.
Speaker 5: Denver is awesome comedically there. The community they have there is huge and cool. Yeah, it's very It just makes me think of doing the year I did a couple of years, but doing high planes and the people I met that were like people that would drive you around and it's like, I'm a comic too, and then they would tell you stuff about themselves.
Speaker 1: It was really awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of the guys that drove me around, I'm gonna go snowboarding with him.
Speaker 6: We've become real life friends.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 7: Yes, will in Denver. In Denver, yeah, if they are being bombarded with snow. So I got a new jacket as mine gets wet fast, and I'm bringing my I'm just stopping here to water some plants and pick.
Speaker 1: Up my snowboard and then you're off.
Speaker 7: And then I'm off to another cold place. And I'd sold all these posters that I worked on. I didn't know they would these nice people and Milwaukee printed them immediately great for hardly any money. Yeah, and I pretty much.
Speaker 6: Sold them all.
Speaker 5: That's great. I know you were concerned about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I don't know why all these concerns I had were unfounded.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it is.
Speaker 5: It's things are changed and the details of going to do clubs used to be one way for a while, and now you're you have to update that information because now it's different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the money was everything was better. I'm like, I had no compliance. Even the flights were comfortable.
Speaker 5: It's a new Chris. It is now, Chris. Do you realize today is Oscar Sunday.
Speaker 7: I did see some clips of Brad Pitt looking wonderful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I don't know. You can go ahead and spoil away.
Speaker 5: Well, we've only had three or four awards given, right, Stephen Ford versus Ferrari is one two of them.
Speaker 1: To the delight of dads everywhere.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, to the delight of Manden's man caves, whatever you come see?
Speaker 6: Am I a real man? And I don't even know the phrase man.
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 6: How the man van Deloian? Do? I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 7: And I'm sorry? I tore you away from the Oscars. I know you're a real Academy awardhead.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what was happening i Stephen until I was in the McDonald's start through getting a deck coke, and I was like, how.
Speaker 1: Come I'm the only one here?
Speaker 5: Everywhere I was driving tonight, which is usually jam packed with a thousand too many people, has been completely empty. And it took me until basically seeing Stephen to put it together that it's Oscar night.
Speaker 7: Okay, why did I already know? Do they tell or is it public made public who the nominees are?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so that's why all I.
Speaker 7: Just remember people saying Adam Sandler was snubbed, and then he made fun of it during his Spirit Award and it was pretty funny.
Speaker 6: Oh good, because he doesn't take it seriously.
Speaker 1: He's I think he might be legitimately cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah. In the little time I've been near him in the Largo green room, he.
Speaker 7: Seemed to be absolutely a genuine nice person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think it's nice that people love that performance so much. But it was not as good as the super fans think it was.
Speaker 6: Right, It was just good. Did you like the movie?
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 6: I was made. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time because I wanted to get out of it.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, but if you if you watched it another time and we may have had this conversation, ye say, special attention to music.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's horrifying, Yes it is.
Speaker 7: It is that it's kind of like the music in Punch Drunk Glove.
Speaker 6: Where it's like just tense, Yeah, like.
Speaker 7: Swift percussion and pots and pans back and like that, the kind of jazz that my mom would play while vacuuming.
Speaker 5: But also the low level sounds of bees. Just yet it's unnecessary.
Speaker 7: Everything that triggered my fears as a child. Bees and homework. And I think there was some mash theme song in there.
Speaker 1: Well that was when You're depression kicked in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, have you read the lyrics?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh that's the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the only songs about suicide that people really latched on too.
Speaker 6: And you have you been Karen?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for asking.
Speaker 5: I've been good. My dad was in town. My dad had kind of like an epic stay where he came down and stayed for like four or five days. Then he went to Palm Springs with all his fireman friends for the Super Bowl and was there for five days, and then he came back to my house for a couple of days before he ended up driving home. So but I didn't know he was coming back, so I had to cancel a bunch of plans, like I was because you know, my new thing, Like I'm going to leave the house see music or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got tickets to go see the band Luna.
Speaker 6: And I think I know who is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're from the nineties. They're they're good.
Speaker 5: If you heard them, you'd know, I mean, you'd recognize.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to make you like do karaoke.
Speaker 1: But I don't think I could. I like them enough.
Speaker 6: I guess I was going to make you.
Speaker 5: I mean, here's what's fascinating. You cannot Oh No, I wouldn't be able to because it's not they're not I don't know them that well.
Speaker 1: I just know them as a vibe.
Speaker 7: Look at that moon right, Like I love stereo lab but I could never That is a fake moon.
Speaker 1: Look at the moon is haunted.
Speaker 7: That is a Truman show. Fluorescent light moon on a soundstay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it's amazing. It has like fog around it. Wow, look at it. That's like almost like a Dracula moon.
Speaker 6: That's an Oscar moon.
Speaker 1: Hello, is it you I'm looking for? Oh my god, look at it.
Speaker 5: It looks like the ocean underneath it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a cloud. It's a beautiful cloud that someone could serve on if they were an angel.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to be a super moon last night. So I think this is the waxing supermoon. Did you say waxing, you know?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's waning?
Speaker 6: Oh right, right? The waning? Oh wow? Is waxing philosophically to happen after a thing?
Speaker 5: Oh see, I just don't know which one. I think waning means going away, so it would be waning.
Speaker 7: Right, And weaning is making your child stop breast fading.
Speaker 1: That's right, which you have to do.
Speaker 4: Leave go.
Speaker 1: No one wants to look at that ship.
Speaker 6: It ruins a high school graduation.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting time, sun.
Speaker 6: I mean, if it's a baby, do it everywhere?
Speaker 1: That's yes, and it's you're right, and we even get to.
Speaker 6: Say, I mean, and I'm talking to you, Andy mcdell.
Speaker 7: That changed my sophomore year at college when she hit it right in the hop Knob Restaurant.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I thought, were you there.
Speaker 7: I was sitting right across from her. She's a Missoula person.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right.
Speaker 7: And then uh and I saw that, but I was immature at the time, so sure I made eye contact with another man and we high five from across the room. Because yeah, because she's the pretty lady from Santamo's fire Yeah and Loril commercials mm.
Speaker 5: Hmm and still pretty. I mean she looks exactly the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there's eighties. There's some tickle. Yeah, it's she does.
Speaker 7: She works weather standing, probably doesn't use Loril product.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows.
Speaker 5: Now the moon is hidden behind clouds.
Speaker 6: This is like, it's still beautiful. It's the memory of it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: If there's a little glimmer, you know, it's still there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's almost creepy. It's oh okay, it's just a light source.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: I think it's adorable that your dad hung out with its fireman friends in Paul Springs.
Speaker 6: I know they're all pals.
Speaker 1: They're all pals.
Speaker 5: There's well, you know, because they're retired and they're retired.
Speaker 1: They played Pedro together.
Speaker 5: It's a card game, okay, in groups of three and five, I think, so a whole bunch of them went down, and then they played Pedro and drank for like four days, and then watched the forty nine Ers lose in the Super Bowl sadly, but my dad he was sad because we're from San Francisco, but he liked that the Chiefs won because it's such a long time Yeah.
Speaker 6: I uh oh okay. And it's the same.
Speaker 5: Colors, right, so that's really all he's in it for his colors.
Speaker 7: I just wore a generic red Haynes shirt when I rode the train during the Super Bowl. I did watch it, though I got Hulu Live, thank you. I need to remind myself to cancel it. Yeah, it's one week trial, but great for sports, you know.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 7: But I did have I did pack my San Francisco gear.
Speaker 5: Sure I have some, and I wore it. Yeah great, Yeah, I support them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I bonded with the guy in front of me because he also was pretending to like sports, and then we finally admitted to each other because I noticed neither of us were watching.
Speaker 6: He was kind of reading a newspaper and it was on He's.
Speaker 7: Like, oh yep, touchdowns like we just kept saying the were a touchdown to each other.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you don't care about sports either. He totally looked like he did too.
Speaker 1: Wait where were you?
Speaker 6: I rote?
Speaker 7: I went on a train from Milwaukee to Minneapolis. There was one flight I realized I should have purchased or I thought it was like an hour and a half away, but it was more like five and a half hours away. So shit, I took a tra I had never been on a amtrak. It's like a classic way to travel. And you know, they got a food cart, beverage car, I mean, and I almost had a completely frozen hamburger, but I stopped myself because I want to live, Karen, Okay, I want to live.
Speaker 1: Do it done?
Speaker 7: I mean lived my life, continued living? Oh okay, not temporary hamburger living. Got it prolonged, that prolonged, non frozen hamburger living, right, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you were on a train. You were and you're a man who you thought was a jock. Turns out your bilk nerds. You got to admit it. And then there was bonding over the fact that you feel pressure as men to like sports because that's a male ritual where men can feel less uncomfortable with themselves exactly, and they're feelings right.
Speaker 7: And he was sitting in front of me, but we still talked about everything. He just kind of toss it over his shoulder like we do on this podcast.
Speaker 1: That must have been irritating for him in his neck.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, he seemed the little chiller.
Speaker 7: But that's when I just started grilling him with more questions because he's there.
Speaker 1: One more thing, excuse me.
Speaker 6: What color shoes am I wearing? Wrench owl? Now, he was a nice man. Nice and yeah.
Speaker 5: And did you see Demi Levado sing the national anthem? Because she did an amazing job.
Speaker 1: I was very nervous.
Speaker 5: We all know how hard the national anthem is to sing.
Speaker 6: I think around that time.
Speaker 7: I was trying to figure out how do I watch this game because it wasn't working. So I got I did my trial of Hulu Live post National Anthem, got it. But it is, Yeah, we all know it's a hard song to sing, or a hard song to.
Speaker 6: Make sound good.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 6: It's up there with a happy birthday song.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 5: And Demi has also I think just recently returned to the stage, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, ah for a while.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard her name for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think this was a bit of a part of a comeback. She just released an album. This was a comeback. So I was and I didn't know I cared at all about Demi Lovato right right now she began to sing yeah, and then I was like, please do this correctly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was kind of like, yeah, your experience it's the same as mine with football.
Speaker 6: I thought I didn't care, and then I'm like, go.
Speaker 1: Bay Area, right, please throw it forward.
Speaker 6: I was born in Monterey.
Speaker 7: The two year old in me is very very prideful of geographically.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I wonder if you were any you weren't around when the when the Joe Montana era of the forty nine ers, because that was kind of legendary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just know.
Speaker 7: It was my dad's second team after Raiders. It was like, okay, they are out, so now forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: And then one time we were riding bikes in Missoula and from behind from a distance, just by looking at his denhim clad butt, my dad's like, there's Joe Montana.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, my dad knows an ass. His son was playing for university of Montana.
Speaker 6: He's like, it was just a going to school.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, do you think Joe Montenna, Montana hangs out in the state it's named after him.
Speaker 7: I don't know, it's it makes sense. I've been meaning to go to Fairbanks, Alaska.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 5: I want to go to kilgar Kill, gaff Griff Townland. You could give an oscar to any movie, any movie?
Speaker 1: Which one would it be?
Speaker 7: I'm afraid and I keep hammering it, hammering it, damn people's throats.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: I really like that Marianne series.
Speaker 7: I loved it for French horror, for a French horror series, not a movie divided into eight parts. But yeah, I guess if it's a series, No can I ask to be an Emmy? Are you I'm giving it an early Emmy?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 5: Are you saying this because this is the only Netflix series you've.
Speaker 7: Watched, so it's fair too early to give it to the Outsider A show I've.
Speaker 6: Very much been enjoying. So good, right, Yeah, I love it very good.
Speaker 7: You don't see the supernatural coming, and then it comes, and then it.
Speaker 5: Comes, but in a way that's mostly blisters.
Speaker 1: They Stephen King knows how to do it.
Speaker 6: Yes, he does.
Speaker 5: Also, Cynthia Revo, I think that's how you pronounce your last name, the woman who plays the kind of on the spectrum totuch.
Speaker 6: Yes, she's amazing.
Speaker 5: And also the relationship she's having with that cop where he actually said to her, I have the strength of ten because my heart is pure. Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that line came out of his mouth and I was like, whatever, this relationship is, I am absolutely for it. I needed to happen. This is so romantic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really is. Yeah. And that guy's just he's the copyest looking cop and he's just he's.
Speaker 5: Like Bill Pullman's cousin type of white guy. You know, he's just like average as fuck.
Speaker 6: He's just so average a lifetime. I'm not making an impression, very vague face. No one has anything bad to say about him.
Speaker 5: No, And also but then he says things like could you go? He says things like I have the strength of ten because my heart is pure, and then you're like, hold on, I think he might be the best looking man of all timer.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, that was like that was a verbal Colin Ferrell's eyebrows you have to see, Uh, Gentleman, The Gentleman.
Speaker 1: It's oh, it is very is it out?
Speaker 7: I very much liked it. Yes, Colin Ferrell, it's kind of his movie. And you know I didn't care either way.
Speaker 6: I mean you, his.
Speaker 7: Eyebrows do do the thing you were talking about where they come up in the middle.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: And even when he's mad and being tough, there's some concern, yes, and it's there and your whole I.
Speaker 7: Think fifteen minute monologue on his eyebrows came to life when I watched that movie.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: Uh, he's so great. Hugh Grant is so good in it. Oh shit, I didn't like he is.
Speaker 1: This is the new Guy Ritchie movie?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes? And Guy Ritchie for some reason, I was.
Speaker 7: Confused. I know he made lock Stock and Too Smoking Barrels and Snatch, but for some reason.
Speaker 6: In Rock and Roller. In Rock and Roller, and that's all I know.
Speaker 7: L Cake be a completely different human and completely different genre of films. Who made Fight Club? I was telling people, Oh, it's the guy that made Fight Club. Fincher, Yeah, why I Finch, the finch Man. I think Ritchie and the Finch they were like making movies around the same time fifteen years ago. Coming you know, they were both dirty and eager pretty realists. Yeah, yeah, now, and boy it I very much like it. I may see it again.
Speaker 1: Did you see it in the theater?
Speaker 5: I did, indeed, Okay, Okay, so that must mean it's out here.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I just kind of went because I'm like, oh, I don't know care how much I care about these other films. I guess I'll watch whatever the Gentleman is, which is my favorite.
Speaker 6: I forgot that it was this ensemble kind of heisty movie. Yep, and it made me.
Speaker 7: Also the only thing to say is I want a hound's tooth or plaid sweatsuit. They all have track suits in their plaid like the column Farrell's boxing group.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Okay, me and my friends.
Speaker 7: Are all getting these sweatsuits for some get together And because we used to.
Speaker 6: Dress up together.
Speaker 1: You've got to go back to that.
Speaker 7: We gotta get back to It's a thing adult men with kids who own homes should.
Speaker 6: Start doing, playing back to seventh grade dress up with your friends. Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Work and all the time, and you have to tell me, point me to where you are.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, we're going to take a left in three blocks.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yah'll be uh.
Speaker 7: Oh, guess what the name of the street is, montana O what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a real theme.
Speaker 6: It's the reason I moved here. So yeah, take a left on this blue signed street.
Speaker 7: Sweet, and and then I will give you further directions, okay, without letting.
Speaker 6: People know exactly. While I was gone, I sort of airbnb in my apartment, but for free. Oh my neighbor's been so sweet.
Speaker 7: She waters my plants and looks after make sure no one climbs in my window. And she said, I have a friend who's coming or a friend of a friend. And I just was like, I'm going to trust that she's normal.
Speaker 6: And she was. She enjoyed my apartment, and she's out already for a few days. She's gone.
Speaker 1: Nice to go there. It's stripped to the bone.
Speaker 5: There's not even like, yeah, I know it has crossed my mind, but wrenches you entirely.
Speaker 1: Every item.
Speaker 7: It's just sliding somehow, even though I'm out of town, sliding my my candy cane from my little fingers.
Speaker 6: Oh then I go to sleep. But yeah, she was fine, she.
Speaker 1: Was, she was, Are you tired?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 7: I had some coffee in preparation for this. Nice, but I'm more like hysteria. Yeah right please, And I haven't eaten, so i'm a little.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: You're on the verge because it's Oscar Sunday. You can eat any anything you want as quickly as you want because no.
Speaker 6: One it wants to have me when an oscar, no one's around. See you look at that and then take left.
Speaker 1: Everything's empty. It's very weird.
Speaker 7: Oh it's I guess it's the thing people watch at home, right, I guess I can.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Will it be on one of my inner TV Samsung channels?
Speaker 6: Probably not.
Speaker 1: I think it's inside your TV. Yeah, it'll be in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, because I don't pay for cable, you see, right, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know if there's a network. I really haven't watched a lot of TV, but boy I did in my hell, I.
Speaker 6: Stayed in these couple of nice hotels too. I can't say enough good things.
Speaker 1: Where'd you say?
Speaker 7: Oh I Marriott and then Hilton by Marriott? Helly series of Marriotts and or.
Speaker 1: Hilton's nice and makes a huge difference.
Speaker 7: The Midwest thing. People really are nice right away? Yep, and you hear that all the time, so you want to look for examples of it not being the case. But it was just constantly reinforced. Everyone's nice in your face, and the best people came to the shows. And sometimes one thing I didn't ever like about comedy clubs, it's groups coming. It's usually a date, and that's fine, but it is two people kind of glancing over at each other making sure it's okay to laugh at something because they're on a date or a bachelorette party or a birthday party where it's not about you at all.
Speaker 6: They're just wearing funny penis balloon hats.
Speaker 1: Are you doing?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: And then but people come alone because they listen to the podcasts alone, and then they're embarrassed and there's a couple of the nicest people ever.
Speaker 6: I actually, oh, it's a right here.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry, but I kind of wanted to take a ride up here because I want to see I thought it'd be cool to see Angelina Heights, this neighborhood, like the thriller houses there, and there's all these old for real, Yeah, it's in a house from one Tree Hill or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know. There beautiful mansions.
Speaker 7: People that made millions in downtown Los Angeles move to this neighborhood and it's right by my place and it's big, beautiful houses.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of fun and it's easy to access where I lived from there. Okay, great, it'll be great.
Speaker 1: This is going to be you unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, architecture or talking about it without any visuals is everyone's favorite. The sweetest people came and I wanted to say thank you too. And I quote Sherry and Jean Marie who came, and they were like, I drove here by myself.
Speaker 6: Is that weird? And I'm like, no, it's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the coolest. Sherry and who Jean Marie.
Speaker 6: Oh, Cherry was in Wisconsin, Jean Marie was in Minneapolis.
Speaker 5: No, go straight, oh two people both coming separately.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah a lot of people do, Like I like this podcast. I'm going to drive from my small town, like maybe go left here.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's just neat that this is my neighborhood because look at this house. Yeah, they're always yeah, they're big beautiful houses that have some are still haunted and thriller looking, and other ones are gorgeous, like we.
Speaker 6: Picked the right street. Oh, look at these houses. I pretend this is my neighborhood because it is.
Speaker 5: But also a lot of these people have like very clear open front windows where you can just see into their house.
Speaker 7: It's and it's one thing I love about the holidays is just peeping in and watching.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: It's been my dream always to go drive by a house and see a family during Christmas eating and then see that they're watching TV.
Speaker 6: And then I'm on TV doing the stand up.
Speaker 1: Oh that specific for Christmas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Christmas specials have the comedy Christmas specials.
Speaker 1: You should be.
Speaker 6: Around two thousand and thirty.
Speaker 5: You can wear that big sweater with the teer on it. These houses are nuts.
Speaker 6: I knew it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: They're really pretty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Angelino Heights and and there are little places to hitch your horse. Little hitching posts in are shaped like little horses. Those will be coming up any moment now. Otherwise I'm alive.
Speaker 1: I've seen that we have this in my hometown.
Speaker 6: No horse ones. M Well, your hometown is immediately like, I get it. You're beautiful and quaint. This you're right, this is near where you know I have a problem with people breaking into my garage.
Speaker 7: And then all of a sudden it's like kettalooma quaint beautiful town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's this weird street. Yeah, this is also different, I believe now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gonna make sense. This is that street that where we could get on the one on one.
Speaker 6: If we're right. Okay, but we won't want to. Well, we'll see how we feel when we get that.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's play it by ear.
Speaker 6: I like you, maybe we'll be feeling it.
Speaker 7: It's two blocks away, so it's too early, okay, Parna MEI wants to dive into freeway oscar traffic.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Parasite one Best International Language.
Speaker 1: Oh they should have won Best Film.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen Parasite.
Speaker 1: Ooh, what's good? You gotta see it?
Speaker 7: Is it a is it Japanese film? Korean Korean film?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I need this really brilliant.
Speaker 5: Also, did you ever see the Host, which was a like kind of a monster horror movie?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, same director.
Speaker 6: Oh, I want to see that too.
Speaker 5: Then I would see it first just because simply just to get the full range. Because I went to Parasite thinking it was going to be a host like movie and it is not.
Speaker 1: And I was very impressed by this. How do how do you say his last name? Stephen boom jung Ho boom jong Ho.
Speaker 6: That's his full name, oh bong Juno. Let's take it right on this street right here.
Speaker 7: That's great Kensington, which is the name of my childhood street.
Speaker 6: That's weird.
Speaker 7: Yep, you know what. That's where I pick an area. Are the street names familiar.
Speaker 1: Names.
Speaker 6: I didn't have breath and then suddenly I achieved.
Speaker 1: Forced it out, you know, perfectly.
Speaker 6: I bit my cheek, did you made me? Yell?
Speaker 5: I've actually bitten the left lower lip, my left lower lip, probably seven times in the last two days, and it's driving me into your borderline.
Speaker 6: Chewing your cat am for real. Yeah. I used to be such a my dad too.
Speaker 7: We have sharp molars, I think, and just biting the side of my cheek and that just makes it bitible, swollen thing, so you bite it more.
Speaker 1: You just keep biting it. Yeah, this is nuts. I told you it's a mansion town.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say I told.
Speaker 1: You, but I told your face.
Speaker 6: And you look right in the windows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Craftsman's like perfect, perfectly redound every one.
Speaker 7: Of these houses was a was a talented woodworker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then it starts to become, you know, my neighborhood.
Speaker 7: But you know, once we take this left here, okay, skid rows, it's fine. But the one thing I like about my street it is it's wide enough to have a boat race.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 6: Look at this.
Speaker 1: This is a roller skating street if I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you can go right down.
Speaker 1: There are cracks, just trying to get this guy away from me. Sorry, I'm going. I'm still going straight down.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean there's my there's my street.
Speaker 7: There's the new Okay, see this woman she is she's always fiddling about.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Sometimes she'll be sweeping the curb and she's yelling.
Speaker 7: And oh you've told me about her, Yes, and that's that's the woman where she'll be yelling at cars and seeming to be angry and then I'm like hi, and then she snaps out of it and she's like hi, Chris, and I, uh, it breaks my heart. Here we are, this is where I live. It is I'm going to go water my thirst plans and have a daily harvest.
Speaker 1: Oh a nice cup of fruit?
Speaker 6: Maybe, yeah, I think I do I think I'm down to some movies? Yeah, well, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Oh my god, my pleasure.
Speaker 6: We absolutely did what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we you know, we didn't have to put in as much effort because this was a legit. As I was explaining when I pulled into the airport, it was old school actual.
Speaker 6: Do you need a ride?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, airport style. But I'm not lax. What a miracle.
Speaker 6: It's the best.
Speaker 7: And had we done this when I get back from this next trip, it would have been lax.
Speaker 6: I'm really glad you guys were available.
Speaker 1: Same here tonight. That worked out perfectly.
Speaker 6: It's like flying into Mayberry.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's just high sheriff, high town, drunk, high loving families.
Speaker 5: Oh oh it's Christmas again. Yeah, and there's Chris poking as sent into your window and on your TV.
Speaker 6: It is a weird dream of mine. But I want it to happen one day. Will it will? Well, thank you again, Hello Steven. Hello, it's good to see you. It's good to be back home. Yeah, but I'm going to leave it a couple more days.
Speaker 5: Well, it's nice that you have like the that the first wave of touring went so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really nice.
Speaker 6: It really felt good. All all shows sold out.
Speaker 5: Thank you everybody that listens to this podcast for first of all, for listening. There's people that have been listening to this podcast back before anyone gave a single.
Speaker 7: Shit about it, and they tell me, and it feels good. It's so nice, and and other people are like, I will admit I learned about this from my favorite murder like they're a shamed or something. But I've listened to all of it and I've listened to it twice, so I feel and I'm like, there is no you know, I know, I think on a contest.
Speaker 5: Well, people understand it's a completely different thing because this is just like you know, Riffin, it's riff.
Speaker 7: Town, the two friends riffing. And again, thank you for doing this to my life. These people wouldn't be I mean, I could do stand up for another ten years, even successfully getting better and better at it.
Speaker 6: Maybe fans would come, but not bearing.
Speaker 7: Gifts and art I know, and really specific things that I'm like, why are you giving me a scorpion?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Your story that you told seventy times? God, I forgot I keep forgetting.
Speaker 6: That I told it.
Speaker 1: They're right, here with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every single time.
Speaker 1: It's the best feeling.
Speaker 7: It's great. And I have so many cards. I have so many we should have a card reading party. This bag is filmed.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 7: Your supply of coffee and so many cards, and I do I feel like maybe there should be an episode where I gather the one because there are really sweet things, just folded piece of paper that says the kindest I just want you to be happy, you know, like, and it's the best I really or even just when I'm getting on stage and people are cheering in a way that I've never heard, like recognize, like they care, and it gets I'm so easily get emotional.
Speaker 5: Well, it's such a difference, like the difference between that, I mean having done stand up for years and having zero success I would say at it, and then having this podcast and then going to do live shows where it's like it's the dream response. Yeah, it's audience members who are understand what their job is in that audience to how to support you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they do it so well totally, and it's indicator.
Speaker 7: It just feels good to be at a club and then they're like, why are all these people here? Like they don't know yep, because I'm not on you know, a character on Two Broke Girls or something that's a weird example, but just on it, you know what I mean, Like right, because a lot of clubs don't really have their finger on the podcast pulse, not really. And and all these clubs were like really happy with what was happening. And I've never experienced that in my whole career, Like we are really happy here, we feel good about paying you, whereas before it's like here's your check.
Speaker 6: Yep, spitting yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Now they provide the peanuts on a front of platter.
Speaker 1: Oh, mister Fairbanks, your peanuts are here?
Speaker 6: Is it on the peanut platter? Pewter? I'll take them.
Speaker 1: Made of pewter.
Speaker 6: I forgot about my allergy. Well, thank you, Karen.
Speaker 5: You're welcome, my friend. I'm welcome home. And then safe travels when you leave again, okay, and then we'll see you when you come back again.
Speaker 6: Okay. Great. It sounds like a plan.
Speaker 1: Keep up the good work and the good feelings.
Speaker 7: I was also given a this is for this, uh, this will help with the closing of the show.
Speaker 6: Here we go. You've been listening to do you need a ride? Do you w and you are?
Speaker 5: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they termino and gay.
Speaker 5: We want to send you off in style.
Speaker 3: You want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 5: Tell us all about every scared or was it fine? Malborn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you ride?
Speaker 4: Ride with Karen and Chris.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's Stephen here. I just wanted to say at the end of this episode of Do You Need a Ride, that Chris Fairbanks has more tour dates. He's going to be at Liquid Laughs in Boise, Idaho, March fifth through the eighth, and go to Chris Fairbanks dot com and check out all those details. Also, at the end of this episode, you're going to hear a trailer for the brand new Exactly Right podcast I Said No Gifts with Bridger Weineger. He's a hilarious comedy writer. You've heard him on the show as a guest, So stay tuned and stick around for the trailer for I Said No Gifts and be sure to subscribe Apple podcast, iTunes, Stitcher for when it goes live on March twelfth. Oh Also, Amy Man did the theme song fuck Yeah.