Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Suzanne Wilson as an Arizona based intuition educator, author, medium, and paranormal presenter. Suzanne is a scientifically verified research medium for a mainstream university and it's known as the care free medium. With a master's degree in Public Affairs policy, a bachelor's degree in management, and certifications from Stanford University, Suzanne is well recognized as a researcher and educator on a wide range of paranormal topics and as I mentioned, her latest work is called When Your Partner Doesn't Believe in the Paranormal? Where did you get that title? Suzanne?
Speaker 3: Hey, George, first off, thanks for having me back. It's always a pleasure. I have to tell you because so many people have asked me over the years, I can't celebrate this sign that I got from my loved one with my partner because they just don't believe in it. It's so frustrating. Or couples actually argue about whether there really is an afterlife. So with the help of Victor and Wendy zama. I put together a free ebook that people can download just to give them some tips and some help with it, because you know, disbelief runs rampant.
Speaker 2: Still, great idea. That's exactly why we created Paranormal date dot com because a lady had come up to me to at an event and she said, George, I was on a date and I started talking with the guy about UFOs and ghosts and he got up and left me. We got to meet people who get us and I went bingo and that's how that started.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's a brilliant idea, because we really want to celebrate the things that lift us up in this life. But it isn't always on the other party's path to believe the same as you. You know, this Earth school that we're in is full of contrasts that help us to grow. But my goal is to help everybody who wants to realize and invite and receive their own direct communications there after death communications themselves without having to get a reading.
Speaker 2: Tell us, Suzanne, how you got involved in this entire area.
Speaker 3: Well, I love research. In two thousand and seven, I was doing a weekend PhD program in human resources development and it's not administrative or administer via type of things of human resources. I know when I say human resources people think paperwork. This is about development of human capital. And I was working full time, first in academ and then in a corporate setting, and so I'm burning the candle at both ends. And two thousand and seven, I have near death experience. I had anaphal axis, stepped out of the body, and it very much reconnected me with who I really am as a soul, which was someone who was born with really strong clairvoyant abilities to see spirit all around. So I had this other reality, if you will, in my life that I pretty much put on hold until that inde. So I stepped away from the whole corporate gig and have been immersed in what people now are turning to and accepting as a new reality in their lives, which is we're surrounded by spirit that loves and supports us.
Speaker 2: Interesting, fascinating morek Ca, And do you do a great job. No matter where I go conferences that you've been at, people just love what you do.
Speaker 3: Susan, thank you. I appreciate your saying that I counted up this as tonight is my eighteenth time doing something live with you. And if I may say so, I love the fact that you and Tommy hang out after the live events on stage and the conferences and you shake every hand until there's no more hands to shake. You're really really good to the fans.
Speaker 2: I'm glad COVID has kind of waned away a little bit. I hope it doesn't come back as some people are predicting.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you know, we're full of contrast to your on Earth, is often said, and we get opportunities to have challenges in our life and that brings the spirit loved ones and the guides even closer to us. They'll help us get through absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now we have a term called after death communication. Where did that come from? And what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Well? Bill and Judy Guggenheim are credited with coining that term ADC after death Communication with their seminal book Hello from Heaven. And I know that you've had them on the show. Yes, and Bill, I'm passed recently, which is very very sad. I was traveling in Europe and somehow missed the email about that, got home and wanted to call him up and ask him to come on my YouTube show. It was really sad to hear that he has passed, but they've left a great body of work for us that has not been and probably never will be surpassed. But the research and the surveys continue. Let me define after death communication. I don't think people really realize what it is. There's two characteristics to an ADC. It is direct, meaning there's no middleman or medium or psychic, And it is spontaneous. It simply occurs. Just to give you a quick example or two, you're thinking of your loved one and all of a sudden, the song that always reminds you of them or what their favorite song starts.
Speaker 2: To play, pops up lot of nowhere.
Speaker 3: It pops out of nowhere, it's not even on your playlist, or you're out somewhere. Even better, you walk into an elevator and it's their song being played on some funky music and you're like, wait a second, I've never heard that version before. Or you get a dream visit and it just happens and you're not even trying. But the key is it just happens and it is directly for you. Now, others can have the experience, Others can feel the presence, Others can smell the perfume, of the person that passed, especially if they had a connection with that loved one as well. So it can happen to multiple people, but most often it is yours and yours alone, and it is sacred.
Speaker 2: Indeed it is. It's interesting, but how do you know that sign came from the loved one who passed on.
Speaker 3: There's a knowing and a sensory experience. The research shows that people will know in their heart, will feel in their gut, or feel in their heart. Somewhere in the body. There's a sensation. The hairs may stand up on the back of the neck. People report feeling ice cold, people report feeling warm and hugged, and it's a sensation. It's almost transporting and feeling like you just sort of feel maybe like out of body for just a second, and it's so real and so intense. Even if that feeling only lasts a couple of seconds, you know you've experienced something special.
Speaker 2: What is the sole Phone Advisory Board that you served on?
Speaker 3: Well, that is the project of doctor Gary Schwartz at University of Arizona, and I've worked with them quite a bit. I haven't done so lately, but what they've been working on is a communication device that helps people to have a mechanism that the spirit can use to send a message. And right now it's a series of taps in a very controlled scientific environment. But a lot of their work that I've done with doctor Schwartz and Ronda Schwartz and their team has been around double blind and triple blind studies to identify the spirit team on the other side of life that is assisting with that project and working on that project. So I've never gotten involved in the technology side. Oh, George, They've got really accomplished engineers working on the actual technical equipment. I've just worked with the dead people.
Speaker 2: Does it work. It's like a spirit comm isn't it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And it's an intri piece of equipment. Soundproofing and vibration proofing and all these things go into it. I mean, this is a really intense, dedicated and controlled project and it takes time.
Speaker 2: Some people are scared of after death communication. Should they be? Now?
Speaker 3: I think the feeling of scary and I use this phrase scary boudi evil too many TV shows to me or scary about evil or put a negative slant like every house has these terrible demons and things like that. So I think it's that we're a product of media in so many respects, and being scared of ADC's after death communications or having an experience can prevent you from having that positive experience that you may need to heal your grief.
Speaker 2: Why does it seem like EVPs electronic voice communication and those things work with electronics?
Speaker 3: Well, the spirit people their communication. I often say it's like water. It travels the path of least resistance. And what are we on all the time? Our phones, our computers, anything electronic. They are going to figure out a way to use it. And now, George, what's going going on is there are people and companies that are using AI to put you in contact with your deceased loved ones.
Speaker 2: What do you think the other side is, Suzanne, what is it?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I have a friend that says it's all spiritual hearsay until we get there. But research does show us, especially from the data from after people have near death experiences and they're able to synthesize that experience and maybe they'll make an oral report, someone records it, that data gets collated, So we do have a pretty good idea. But where you have a pretty good idea of what the initial stage is like from that type of data. In other words, you didn't really die if you're back in your body, you went someplace sort of in between. However, the feelings are consistent in terms of unconditional love, usually seeing a bright light, having someone greet you there that is a beloved person or a religious figure. So we have that kind of data to tell us it's a very loving, positive place. Mainly, we also have mediums and research mediums, those who have been studied and verified, who will bring through souls that are giving good evidence that it's really them and are a good character to tell us that their reality seems quote more real unquote than the one that they lived in. On Earth recept we don't have death thickness. It's like that heavenly country where nothing bad happens. That's why I guess we need to come here so that we do have something rough to experience and have the contrast and grow assaults. But it should be like Earth but fabulous.
Speaker 2: Next Monday, Suzanne, my guest is Raymond Moody and Paul Perry talking about their new work and did Raymond is the one who really paved the way for all of this isn't he.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what a national treasure that we have there. I mean when you think of you know, life after death, you think of folks like that. I would say Ray Moody has made so many contributions in his psychomantium, helped to take the fear and the dread out of making contact with the dead. You know, people were before raised work, a lot of people were afraid of using any tools to try to have contact with their own beloveds. So's there's just so many aspects of the work that they've done that is thrilling and very promising to healing grief.
Speaker 2: Was it Edison who tried to develop the spirit com Yes.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: You know, Tesla did his thing too. Edison had a prototype phone for the other side and according to their research with doctor Schwartz, Edison is on the soul phone team. He has been coming through various mediums with specific evidence. Questions have been asked of Edison to bring through mediums and he does it. He delivers, as does Tesla. So you know, George, they're still working on it.
Speaker 2: They're still doing their thing, developing stuff on the other side, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I don't know, I would love to hear what they think of these artificial intelligence simulations where companies are creating simulations of your deceased loved one, and they're doing it in lots of different ways. It can have some really terrific therapeutic applications if it's taken very seriously and in concert with a therapist. But I'm a little concerned about people pretending that their loved one is still with them using AI and not moving through their grief and having the experience that they're meant to have. So sometime I hope I hear from Edison or Tesla or one of them with them weighing in on what they think of that, because you know, hey, George, we're living in black mirror times.
Speaker 2: That's right, isn't listening to a dead person's song? And there's so many out there almost the.
Speaker 3: Same thing, listening to their song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Tony Bennett has passed, Elvis has passed, but we still listen to their music. It's as if to us they're still alive.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, that's lovely. I will tell you something that I've heard from folks on the other side that when we enjoy their legacy art, they've left behind a note they've written to us and we're rereading it, or just the example you just gave enjoying their music. They know it's like they get some little notification, let's say, a text message to the other side, if you will, you're being appreciated. They know they want to have a legacy of love and appreciation left behind.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's truly remarkable. You have a story of AI used to contact a dead person. There was a situation. Can you tell us that quickly?
Speaker 3: And why I'm a little concerned because I work with people who I call them my hive flyers. They're running companies. I mean, I work with everybody of all walks of life, but I have certain people who are you know, they have companies in different countries and they just have massive enterprises to run. They need to make quick decisions, so they want to weigh in. They want somebody to read timings on things, and I'll do that. They have money, George, and people with money like to spend money. And I do have a couple of folks right now that had asked me about creating a simulation of their loved one, and one person he did give permission for me to talk about his story without giving away any details about identity. Otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation. But he paid quite a bit of money to give every text message from his loved one who's passed. There's access to their social media account, all the pictures that they have of this person. And this other enterprise has built an AI model, and my client used that and will ask questions. So it's not a full blown conversation, but it's pretty close where you can ask a question and the AI will quickly research from all of the information and build an answer and send you Oh it's it's weird. But you know, here's the thing. It's not supposed to create new content, right, it's supposed to reflect who they are. Well, that has its own set of problems. Are you going to use that to move through your grief and then put it away or are you going to try to keep them there all the time. Here's the problem. This one created new content and started talking about what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: It yep, yep, it's it's So what I was asked was it is this real? And you know, it really puts me on the spot. But I had to go back and look at you know, what research do we have and so listen to. The afterlife community is in the same boat as everybody else was unregulated AI. What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more