Speaker 1: I know mom had hesitance, was a little hesitan at the beginning, but on draft night you can see how proud she was. Bro Like, that's one thing on this side of the field, be on the aging side of seeing the sacrifices the parents make and the fact that he had the balls to reclass and do what he did. But on on draft night, mama was I mean, dad was nervous to my mama was super proud. Man.
Speaker 2: It was also she was excited, but like you said, she was nervous. Uh after they called my name, she was just she wanted to cry, but she kind of knew the cameras was on her, so she like kind of held it in a little bit. And then to have the party, she ended up like finally letting the tears.
Speaker 3: Yea, the party let the tears out.
Speaker 4: So is it safe to say your mama's boy, It's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit of both, yea, yeah, a little bit of both. I wouldn't say I'm too much of mama's boy. I'm a dad boy as well, So fifty.
Speaker 3: Fifty attitude atude.
Speaker 2: Now, my dad notionaliant, So I get a little bit of that from him.
Speaker 1: Don't want tell you those funny man and you do you really appreciate this? And I feel like I'm interviewing you right now. But young fella here is like the nicest dude, the humble dude right now on that court. Here be an asshole now, yeah, as he should be. No here, asshole, No friends.
Speaker 4: If I give you one piece of advice, don't help nobody up. If he fall on the ground, let his ask get up or let his team help him up. No, don't be helping. No, you're not out there for that. After the game we could just shake hands and talk. Man, I'm not out here to be helping you up. Guess what every time he follow you got to get up.
Speaker 3: That take energy.
Speaker 4: That's my for forty eight minutes. If you got to have to get up fifteen times, why would you help him up? I slapped you. Go over to help somebody up, I help him up get up on his own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'a colpeeding you. You don't want to be helping the opposing keep that.
Speaker 3: Don't lose that asshold. Yeah, you lose, you lose that. You lose me. It gets me, It gets me going to washing the asshole.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you a question. Being on the other side as an agent, when you're sitting in that green room or whatever that situation, because I ain't never been there, undrafted, by the way, undrafted, ain't have been in the green room, Like Michael, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: We will, We'll tell you about it. We'll actually tell you about that after you asked this question.
Speaker 4: So when you're sitting in that green room with him, you're getting phone calls from different players, you're getting phone calls from different organizations. When you finally get to call that the organization is gonna pick your plane, you tell them right away. Yeah, okay, I hadn't know.
Speaker 3: I thought you might wait for what happened.
Speaker 1: What happens though, is like literally and when you're in the green room you wouldn't know this because you were undrafted, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't What happened.
Speaker 1: What happens that those cameras come over there on the table and they tell the story before we even know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before y'all even know, the cameras has already told us.
Speaker 3: Then you get the call exactly right then you tell cool.
Speaker 4: So if he didn't tell you that, if you ain't getting called about three more picks his ass.
Speaker 3: You ain't get that called about.
Speaker 2: Job to do.
Speaker 3: It's like you got a job to do.
Speaker 4: He can't tell you if you don't get buckets, and that can't do nothing for you if he ain't doing his job and you can't get paid.
Speaker 3: I'm telling noth thing as an agent.
Speaker 4: Tell you this. No, let me tell you something that's agent. A lot of agents like to give us advice, but they work for you.
Speaker 3: Well, well I already told them now, I ain't just like to give us advice because we players. Yeah, just know that that's what makes me. They work for you. Keep it in the back of my head.
Speaker 2: You tell me, I get it.
Speaker 4: You my agent, you're an advisor for me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, but you always remember that with your agent you're dead ass, right though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: A lot of young fellas you come into this situation eighteen nineteen years old. You signed with a forty five year white man and something like that. No, no disrespect, I have a forty.
Speaker 3: Five year.
Speaker 4: You signed forty five your wife. But all of a sudden he starts telling you how to do this and that and the third at the end of the day, like I get it. Some of these things are good. But some of these things you need to learn on y'awnbody. Some of these steps you need to take on your own. You need to fall, you need to get up, you need to understand.
Speaker 3: I disagree a little at though.
Speaker 4: No listen, some of these things you do need to learn on your own.
Speaker 3: No, you do.
Speaker 1: But but at the end of the day, what you got to interview harming a second. But what you do gotta do is you gotta take experiences from people that have lived it too, right like that. That's what makes my situation over here being a little bit different. Yes, I'm the same way, I'm over for you. At the same time, my responsibility and role and one of the things that I think you guys saw value and is the fact that I lived it. So the stuff is like, at the end of the day, I'm with you the other forty five year oday man. Yeah, I wouldn't sten to either.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Hey, anyway, let's go back to this.
Speaker 1: So we talked about how mom and dad were and how excited they were on draft night.
Speaker 3: But you need just a little backstory. He came. I met him a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years ago, coming to summer leagues and watching summer leagues and so just talk about like he was so locked in even as a well he's such a young kid now, but like fifteen sixteen years old, he's watching He's like, yo, I can't wait to be out there. That's whereas mine was. Then, talk about all that stuff that kind of went into between summer league going and playing a zy compass, skipping your senior year, and then excitement for you because you put I mean obviously family and everyone's sacrifices.
Speaker 3: But you put a lot of stuff into this. Man. You're a grinder and a worker. Man.
Speaker 1: Talk about the kind of the enjoyment of hearing your name called on draft night with all this stuff going into it.
Speaker 2: And it was crazy, Definitely one of those things you'll never forget, just seeing all the kind of hard work you put in and all the workouts, all the early mornings or the late nights, all the phone calls, the checking the latest rankings and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's like it was crazy.
Speaker 2: So hearing your name called is something that you will never forget, and it's something that will kind of motivate you to like keep going, like it's only the beginning and you don't want to just get there.
Speaker 3: And then the next.
Speaker 2: Two years you out of there. So just continue to keep putting in and work. Listening to the people that's been doing it for a long time still guys like Brian and them playing so obviously you're gonna play against them, and then afterwards probably could ask them a couple of questions like, yeah, what you think I could kind of do better or what you think can kind of helped me in certain situations, And just the overall college and high school high school experience it was. It was crazy, and then it's getting my senior year. Sometimes I still think back, like, man, to be in college right now, I'm playing.
Speaker 3: At Homies, going to Prime, you go in to the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was definitely crazy, and just trying to live in the moment. You don't you don't get to go through this again and you don't get to hear your name called another time. So just enjoying everything and trying to take everything day by day and step by step.
Speaker 1: I think one thing you need just to touch on there, like he talked about, which is great awareness to have. Man, It's not about getting there's about staying there. Yes, that man over there played twenty years, you know what I mean, like and picking those guys' brains and understanding like what it takes because he and I and I don't know what he can tell you, and I can say the same thing. I've seen a lot of talented walk through that door in that locker rooms that are drafted really really high, and it took me a week to figure out they ain't gonna be here long. Yeah, But then you'll see another dude that was either undrafted, second round or even lottery picks that come in and you see the professionalism, the habits, routines, like identifying those things early as of that once you started getting like seven eight years and understand that that matter. After draft night, you see those guys in the next month, after summer League, they walk through within a week, you can tell if they're gonna be here, yes, yes, So keep that mindset because that's the biggest thing, right It's not about getting there. It's great being the seventh pick, but we got to do now. And I told you this th other day, it's gonna go fast. Every day you're proving yourself, you prove yourself to be the seventh pick. Then after you win rookie the year, so you're gonna prove yourself while you're a rookie of the Year. Then they're gonna be a big ass contract and you got to prove that. But you got to understand the process is the best part. You do touch on that for.
Speaker 4: And I love the process and the best part about it because you got to understand you got drafted number seven, and it's always like me, yeah that you didn't get drafted.
Speaker 5: That's looking for opportunity. I guess after the summer league right now. Yes, in summer league right now, looking for an opportunity. You know what I'm saying. Just I guess to make his name against a guy like yourself. I guess a guy like Cooper Flagg, I guess all these other guys. It's always a guy like me.
Speaker 3: So you're not.
Speaker 4: Playing against you, your your your opponents, you're playing against yourself. Youve got to stand it for yourself and you hold yourself to a standard that has nothing to do with nobody else. Before the coach tail you play like you didn't already tell yourself time. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. He shouldn't have to tell you nothing. But I think your mentality and you can correct me if I'm wrong because everything I'm hearing about Mike, I'm listening to what he's saying, and you're beyond your your years mentally, you got mental fort two, your mentality and everything.
Speaker 3: Is that a Chicago thing?
Speaker 4: Because when I look back at the guys that came out of Chicago and the guys I had the opportunity to play with, and the guys that I, you know, competed against that's from Chicago, they all had that toughness, that mental toughness. They've had the physical toughness too, but they all had that mental toughness. When I think about d Wade and I think about Bobby Simmons, and we talk about d Rose and we talk about you know, the grandfather over there locking up. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's just a list of Chicago guys and they all got that mental toughness. Like what is in y'all water, what's in the war in Chicago? I got it. Y'all got that mental toughness.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I think it's just kind of like Chicago. It ain't easy trying to make it out and just continue to keep putting yourself.
Speaker 3: On the right path.
Speaker 2: So I feel like everybody that you just they a kind of went through something and they know it's like to be hungry and to be chasing something. So just continue to keep chasing that, and like you said, staying there, that's that's the goal. A lot of people do get there. A lot of talents that people get there and they make mistakes and they out within the next one or two years. So just continuing to stay hungry. And man, you just had something crazy like you was undrafted.
Speaker 3: It's people coming for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta know they coming for you. So staying in gym, keep working, and then every time you stop on the floor, you got to kill them.
Speaker 4: Like that's what I'm saying, your fuck you gotta know what motherfucker. Let me sitting at home watch your TV, shopping and my knife. I see I didn't get drafted. I want my opportunity to gets him, and you got to you got to make sure I ain't you want. Yeah, you might pick somebody else, you won't jack. You know, after about two Pia rolls you poppins as I ain't the one you want. So you just got to know that people are gonna be coming for you.
Speaker 3: Man, you ain't made it.
Speaker 4: You think I mean people outside think you made it. To yourself mentally, you ain't. You make nothing. This is is just the beginning. I've scratched the curtain. You just got to see at the table. Now they got to give you a menu or let you order. You know what I'm saying. But you got your seat at the table.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's cool to be at the table. But I don't want to just be at the table. And it's just not basketball, it's business in life. I'm just sitting at the table so I can watch y'all order. I want to have a say, so when I sit at this TABLEW go what I can do. I want to dictate the out coming isshit. Being the number seven pick, you're gonna have that opportunity. You're gonna right now. Everything for you, and I know it sound like I'm apreciing, but everything for you is building on your development, getting one percent better.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That film room and all that you're going through, don't look at the statue at the end of the night. Please don't worry about your scoring. Don't worry about your scoring because we know you can score the ball. Your feel on the weak side, are you in your right spots defensively on the weak side. All right, when you come off that pick and roll, are you making the right reads? You damn sure did. When they went under, I saw you make them breathing pop there, So you got it. Now, next time he's gonna go in there again, you might cross back and twist it. Now, you might get down here and get in the paint and lay it up. Now the next time, if he going there again, you might cross back, twist it, get in the pain and make a play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So all this is just a progression of this that you're gonna face. But right now is just the beginning. It's just beginning. It's gonna be a great rounde for you. I love your mentality. Summertime is here and it is my favorite time of the year. Ladies come on with them sun dresses and the bikinis and them cheeks out. Fellas, get them beach bars in them six packs, ready with them who your daddy shorts. But that is only one part of it. That is the daytime. Trust me, nighttime is just important. Two things can be true. She can enjoy herself, but not enjoy you. Make sure you handle your business. Rospos gonna take care of that finish the game. Rospos is a two and one treatment for you guys that need more controlling rations than the fellas that need a secret weapon. Be afraid to tap in and be your best version now after Roads Sparks is all one of your tongue. You got fifteen minutes to show time, my boy, handle a la. You could go back to back round after round and still be ready. Sound like a championship boxer to me. Go ahead and not that thing.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 4: Trust me when I tell you if you're good at what you do, you ain't got a brag.
Speaker 3: She'll do it for you, my boy.
Speaker 4: Roads Spas will connect you one hundred percent online so you don't have to be in weird rooms with weird people don't know. Tell them you can't get inrection long enough and stay hard enough to get their alegion.
Speaker 3: Woman.
Speaker 4: If approved treatment shows up directly to your doe, playfoy, you can handle your business immediately. If subscribe, sexual health patients will get fifteen dollars off their first order of Sparks on a recurrent plan. Connect with the provider at road dot co slash ogs to find out if roast Box are right for you that's our ol dot coo slash OG's for fifteen dollars off your first order. Compounded drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but if not FD approved and do not undergo FDA safety. For safety information, go to road dot co slash safety info.
Speaker 1: Here is a dirty little secret that insurance industry may want to keep under wraps. Insurance companies profit by holding onto your money for as long as possible, so after an accident they might do whatever they can to delay or deny your claim. This way they can keep those profits growing. Morgan and Morgan fights hard against these corporations, a fight to make sure you get every dollar you deserve winning court. The insurance companies want juries to think that at fault driver is the one paying the verdict amount. Meanwhile, it's really the insurance companies who are covering the cost. When Morgan and Morgan takes on a case, there are almost always going after the big insurance companies and not the.
Speaker 3: Individuals at fault.
Speaker 1: Morgan and Morgan fights hard for their clients, and these corporations know that a recent client in Pennsylvania just received twenty nine million. That's twenty nine million dollars. Insure's best offer was five hundred thousand. Another recent client in Florida received twenty million dollars last offer zero. There's a reason why Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury firm. Hiring the wrong firm can be disastrous. Hiring the right firm could substantially increase your settlement with Morgan and Morgan. It's easy to get started, and their fee is free unless they win. Just visit for the people dot com com backslash ogs or dial pound Law five two nine. That's for the people dot com max like Ogs, ordyal Pound.
Speaker 3: Law five two nine.
Speaker 1: This, my friends, is a paid advertisement.