Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast Cherlbert. Can we start the show?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Can we start the most dramatic podcast? Oh my god, we are on the road.
Speaker 2: That name up?
Speaker 1: Actually, I did not make the name up, Amy Sugarman. One of our producers made that name up.
Speaker 2: It's almost as long as sex, Lies and Spray Tans. And yes, I just dropped my own podcast.
Speaker 1: We are less than a minute. I know this, And you just dropped the name of your podcast on top of my podcast. Okay, Sex Lies and spray Tans. Yes, that's the podcast.
Speaker 2: I definitely don't have one right now, Noli Tan. I'm not going to show you because it's embarrassing. My laser transparent. I look like Casper the Friendly Ghosts.
Speaker 1: You look like an iPhone on in the dark.
Speaker 2: Like Tom.
Speaker 1: Tom, Tom, don't don't mess with Pasty Tom Burser good. I love Tommy. You love Tom?
Speaker 2: Yes, and he loves you. We just interviewed I just interviewed him, so you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was so funny. He was I know if I told you that story like he we were kind of the two hosts at ABC. He's obviously tenured and had been there a lot longer, and I was he had done Miss America. I was taking over Miss America the next year. I hadn't met Tom and I met him at this Disney thing. Remember back in the day we used to do Primetime twenty three. Yeah, we used to go down into Primetime Disney previews and we'd go down.
Speaker 2: To dance a little yeah, good free guide. You know.
Speaker 1: It was so fun back in the day. We'd be down at Disney doing these events and it was, you know, Dennis Franz, John Ritter, Belushi was there for made some you know, goofy.
Speaker 2: According to Jail, I don't even know who you're saying right now, that's how sheltered of a life that it was.
Speaker 1: I loved it. It was like it was we had such good stars back then.
Speaker 2: No, we really did. I mean we also had free the stars. We had guys like we didn't have to wait in lines now there they refuse.
Speaker 1: They would give you the plaid jacket person who would put you to the front. And I had kids, so I had these little kids who had just born. Some my kids were born into Disney. We would go to Disney and yeah, oh so spoiled, and so the worst part is the best part. These plaid jacket people take you through the exit and then you walk right to the front and you know of Magic Mountain or whatever it is, Space Mountain, and you feel the glare of the people on the other side of the turnstile who've been waiting in line for an hour, and you just teach your kids like, don't look, don't look directly at anybody, don't look, just keep your heads down, feeling we're going to get on the ride and we're just gonna pretend like this never happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the worst though.
Speaker 1: But I didn't feel so bad that I didn't take advantage of it because multiple times, Yeah, we did Disney World. I did Disney. I did a Disney cruise.
Speaker 2: Same. I got the hell out of that, though fast. I was like, we stopped at Florida and I was like, I'm not going, I'm not on boarding, I'm not a.
Speaker 1: And my son actually looked at me one day said Dad, we're not cruisers. And he was young at the time, and he's right, we're not cruisers yet You're right. As I get older, I.
Speaker 3: Will be there cruising through a last and I'd be that.
Speaker 2: Girl dancing as part of the show, Lauren, look at the salmon.
Speaker 1: They're running up the stream.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that's my voice when I get older, but that's what's going to happen to me. This show is turned into a train wreck already.
Speaker 2: That is my middle name. I'm kidding. I have to be nice to myself, supposedly therapist.
Speaker 3: What year did you start dancing in general?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Oh, two thousand and six, okay, season two? So I twenty one, two thousand yes, yes, you were a baby.
Speaker 1: When I met you.
Speaker 2: I was twenty one, not a baby. I was legal. More than legal. I was like I was able to drink. There was a lot of underage you know.
Speaker 1: You know at the time on dancing they really weren't young, and it's like you were as young as it got, right, Totally. Yeah, it wasn't like they did. Weren't bringing in the child actors, right or like the child pros dancing so much as producers they prey on and use the sexuality so much. That's such a huge part.
Speaker 2: It still Disney friendly.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that Dancing with the Stars was ever Disney friendly? It's never been Disney because you haven't Disney.
Speaker 2: Can see inside people's organs. Yeah, when they do the splits in those little tiny costumes, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, how how when I got rid of the Bachelor World. It's something I've been a part of for twenty years. So again, it's not positive or negative. It just is what it is.
Speaker 2: Was the grieving process though there you do, it's you go through. It was yours.
Speaker 1: It was difficult because mine was you know, obviously I don't know if you heard it was a bit of a show. It got a little traumatic, and it was kind of public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of kind of yep, considering I don't watch TV and I still heard about it like that is you know, you know that you're like huge.
Speaker 1: Then mine went very public. It got very nasty and got litigious and contentious and all those things.
Speaker 2: But how did you like, was it a shock to the system.
Speaker 1: It was a big traumatic experience. Because I've been doing except for twenty years. I kind of thought I was probably going to continue on for a little bit longer. Anyway, I started to think about, okay, what's nexting and moving away from the show, but it wasn't time yet.
Speaker 2: And many seasons did you do.
Speaker 1: I did. I don't know how many seasons. I'm terrible about that. I did twenty years here you don't know. Well, actually, here's the problem. I did nineteen and a half years. I wanted to get to twenty. I was my thing was when I get to twenty years, I'm probably going to step away. I'll figure out what this is. But obviously, you know, nobody gets to leave typically on their own accord.
Speaker 2: I mean I did.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Disney life, Life's not a Disney movie? Is that how you left? Did you you decided to leave? No?
Speaker 2: I decided, Well, this is what I decided that I no longer want to be a pro dancer. Okay, but you know I also want.
Speaker 3: To evolve and be host or judge.
Speaker 2: Right, wouldn't that be natural? Like you would think, right, one of the biggest I've been the longest, I've been there, the longest.
Speaker 1: You're one of the biggest stars to have ever come through that.
Speaker 2: Show, regardless of star. I mean, it's just like it's hard for me to separate the business and the personal because like, these people are my family, and yeah, but they're not but they're not right. Yeah, But what's so hard is that like they've seen me my most vulnerable right. So, God, there's so much I want to say, but I just the difficult thing is my mouth.
Speaker 1: You do when you when you work, and this is not necessarily a knock on ABC or Disney or Warner who I worked for, but partly what they want you to do as an employee. And this is if I own a big company, I would want you to feel like you're a big of a big part, big happy family. You're a part of that. You're replaceable that, yes, but yeah, you don't get too comfortable because you're replaceable. But hey, we want you to sacrifice everything. You wanted to walk away from professional.
Speaker 2: Dancing because Okay, first of all, I've been saying it for a while, but also like I just as an artist honestly just looking at like my potential and wanting to just grow. Like for me, this whole last year or two years, you know, since my separation and divorce and everything has been a huge growth growth in my life, just like growing period where I just want to evolve and I can't walk away from my marriage and then walk away and not walk away from the show, because it's it's all similar, right, it's all coming from the same I guess need of wanting to evolve. And if that's with you, great, If it's not, great, but I'm moving on.
Speaker 1: And so I'm going to guess, well, you wanted to stay. You wanted to stay.
Speaker 3: I wanted to stay a whole job title, yes, as a host or judge.
Speaker 2: And they knew very much that I was wanting this for many years.
Speaker 1: My guess, I'm going to go out on a limb knowing the executives and especially the executive you were dealing with. My guess, promises were.
Speaker 2: Made absolutely for many years.
Speaker 1: So promises were made to Cheryl Burke many times over. I know they were made to you about the Bachelor and Bachelorette and being on that show.
Speaker 2: You're still talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So I'm heard you walk that. Did you not know? Oh I thought you did that.
Speaker 1: They put that on me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I have that much power, someone said to you, I have the power to decide to bachelor bache att.
Speaker 2: No, I think they blamed it on you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's funny. But it's also the beast that we work for, right Why it's Hollywood, it's this business. They because they are just as scared. You know, everybody has a boss and those people are scared to death, and so it's just yeah, and so they look. They love being around the talent, they love being around the stars, and they they love to make promises, right, they get to walk in the room, they get to be the star of that room full of stars.
Speaker 2: And I think they really love to make promises that they can't keep, Like, I don't think I could do that as a human being.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if they necessarily love that, Like they don't love lying, they love control. Well, I don't know if they even necessarily know they do it. I think it is almost a you walk in a room full of stars and all of a sudden, you are the star like all these people, all the dancers. When this person walks in and goes, oh, hey, you know I don't yeah, and like hey, and so you walk in and everyone knows this person and he's actually popped right right in that moment or she, whoever the executive is at that time. And yeah, they're going to make promises to you because it makes you happy. They're just saying things to placate you and make you happy because they need to get you to want to sacrifice. If I tell Cheryl, hey, you're going to be host or judge, trust me, like everybody loves you. You're going places, I'll take care of you. You're going to dance in your living room when you have COVID, You're going to come in and I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to interrupt you. I think this is why I started to speak up for myself. Right. Whether you want to call it a woman with an opinion or somebody who is egotistical and narcissistic, it's neither. It's just the fact that I was learning the bullshit, yeah, and I was so tired of it now. I was tired of going through William Morris, my agent, who was basically calling them out like it was exactly what you had said, and then it was like put it in writing, right, it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Right, I left.
Speaker 1: Or they'll even say they will, like, oh yeah we will, we will, but you can't, but like, but then you don't, yeah, And then they never do.
Speaker 2: And then I have another offer at another network, NBC, and so then I'm going to go there, and then I come back and then I feel like I've been punished ever since.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. They you know, I stepped out a lot and did other shows, and if I did Millionaire, if I did Miss America, and I took another gig outside the Bachelor, it's like I would come back home and be punished. It was, and it really is like a relationship where it's as if I had stepped out gaslighting. It's well, it's as if I stepped out on my my lover. It's like I went out and was kind of hitting on it. I was flirting and I was hitting on other people. And I come home and I smell like someone else's perfume, and they get they get very jealous and protective.
Speaker 2: They don't say it, they don't communicate it.
Speaker 1: No, there's they'll they'll do things like all of a sudden, you'll have a co host or someone will be like, oh, we're taking off this, or yeah it's like, oh, you know, I think we want you have.
Speaker 2: The worst celebrity ever. Or you'll be in the back of the group numbers you're like, what the hell? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what? There's always ways for them to kind of put their their thumbprint on you. But it is it's a it's a power grab and it's our industry is not any different than other businesses who do this. But we live in this world and it's it's Laura and I discussed this a lot. When you're doing something in the arts, and we are, you can't take yourself out of it. It's emotional, you're dancing. Your soul is in this. Yeah, it's how we communicate. And when I'm hosting or whatever, that's that's me. And so you can't say it's not personal because for us, everything we're doing is personal.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it is to them too, like I don't care. Yes, maybe they're better at it because they're the ones in control, but don't tell me it's not It doesn't come from an emotion in their body that's being triggered. Right, So basically, but we're still because we you know, we don't have our own network yet yet.
Speaker 1: How did you find out officially when you weren't going to be hosting or.
Speaker 2: I mean back, okay, so much I want to say, was this.
Speaker 1: The Tyra's situation?
Speaker 2: No, this was I mean, this would be so controversial even before Tyra, like when Tom was still.
Speaker 1: They were looking for a new co host with Tom.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't, but you could you get Andrews?
Speaker 1: Was it Aaron? Was she ever co host? Am I making this? Okay?
Speaker 2: So it was if you actually I mean you could just talked about you coming in. Well nope, but like on the d like nobody knows. And this was right when my contract of like one hundred years finally finished, right like it was like done. And then I at the time it was Paul to leg D who remember Paul. Yeah, so he was running this unscripted over at NBC and had this show for me called I Can Do That with Colschure Zinger, Joe Jonas Sierra and it just sounded fun because it was like, okay, but here you are promising me the world, and I said I would stay if you put it in writing, if you.
Speaker 1: Put it in a contract.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just one on one, like come on. And then they say at the last second no, And then of course, you know, Paul's so excited. He goes, this is gonna be huge. I'm stealing you from a show that I used to work at, and from like you've been so heavily like you know, he fed off this shit and for me, I'm scared, like I'm literally scared, but I'm also trying to put me first. But at the same time, I only know Dancing with the Stars that was the heart like one of the hardest decisions of my life because it's like, I want to believe you right, but let's just be real, I also have to believe.
Speaker 1: I want to believe that you guys will actually do the right thing, because you do feel like a family.
Speaker 2: You feel like these I'm almost like I'm stupid, Like how are you going to convince somebody that you're you're promising them the world and you're not going to put it in writing like that is insanity?
Speaker 1: Like you at dancing you're just Sheryl Burke, Yes, period, just this woman who's living her life, your emotions and you.
Speaker 2: This is you and that was my identity was And.
Speaker 1: They are massive, you know, the two biggest I was dealing with two of the biggest studios in the world. And you're a rounding air. You're not even a rounding air in their mind.
Speaker 2: What's that meaning?
Speaker 1: You're you're worrying consequential? Oh you know, did me leaving the show heard it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course, like Tom run right.
Speaker 1: When Tom left Dancing with the Stars, he didn't leave it. Yeah, well he was. Yeah, that got messy and I need to ask Tom on because it's that was crazy to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I made him a two parter in my new podcast. Since you're not going to promote it sex Lies and spray tanks.
Speaker 1: You're doing Wait, you're doing a podcast, shut up my third podcast.
Speaker 2: If this doesn't work, I don't know what will.
Speaker 1: It's on iHeart Radio. You can find sex lies and videotapes.
Speaker 2: Where videotapes and vhs tap.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that movie Rob good one, Sex Lies and spray tans?
Speaker 2: Yes, the summary of what let's talk.
Speaker 1: About like that? Because you are pissing everybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny when you kind of break away and you get it's like any relationships, you start to get perspective. Yeah, you get your power back, you get your voice back.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't gotten there yet, you will. I mean, I believe my voice is definitely loud and clear. However, the repercussions still make me feel a certain way.
Speaker 1: They scary. It's scary.
Speaker 2: It's that scary. It's more like empty because it's so interesting how I define. I mean, it's not that interesting. It's all I mean, it is interesting. I defined myself by dancing, literally by what place did I get? This last season? Was was how I was holding myself in public, like whether I was confident or not. Now if I was, if I won, then you know I'm feeling great, Like it's so interesting just to dissect that time of my life at seventeen years of my life.
Speaker 1: You know, well, what's and again this is an actual plus we're dancing with the star, seeing we're saying good things that if people think these answers don't care and it's not competitive, you're crazy. Like you know, I remember back in the day I was friends with Mark ballas I was friends with you Maxim. All these guys, trust me, they want to effing win, Like I remember you, well, no, but you want to win the competition. You want to dance, well, you want good score, you wanted to win.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, no, no, you didn't want to win. It's those boys you were talking about. Now they have a different it's more like a competition between them. But for honestly, for me it I think I won back in nineteen sixty two, and I was the most successful when it wasn't when I didn't make it about me. And then when I started getting a little selfish, oh, then it started to work against me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then when I became sober, I had a whole new perspective on this whole show.
Speaker 1: You've been sober for five years, which I love. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: So they told me that you said the reason why they said that I didn't get to do the Bachelor Bachelorette because Chris Harrison said that you're a sloppy drunk.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, and you know, it's great here, this is what's beautiful. We can talk about this they in public. They would never give me that kind of power to decide who the Bachelor Bacherette is. Yeah, I mean Mike would ask me, or you know, or somebody would ask like, hey, like what do you think about Emily Maynard, what do you think about Jason Mesnick? Whatever? And I give my two cents, but like they would go, you know, I could tell them a thousand because there's a lot of bachelor's. This is why I know it's not true. There's a lot of bachelor's and bacherettes. And I won't say anybody specific that I didn't think. Well, I will give you one Sean Low, because he turned out to be a good friend and he's great.
Speaker 2: I I he's still married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's still married. He's he's our only he's our only success story. They really hang their hat on Sean Low. I think of the Bachelor's he's it interesting. I mean already ended up kind of dating, breaking up and dating and getting married. And then Jason Mesnick did the same thing. So I remember season one.
Speaker 2: With Kelly Moniko.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there no Trista.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just interviewed her on sex, lies and spray hands anywhere you see.
Speaker 1: You know the trivia question the first person ever booted Offdancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: It's called the Dancing with the Stars curse because of your your old franchise that you were a part of.
Speaker 1: Why because everyone started hooking up with the dancers.
Speaker 2: So it was it's literally well not, I mean that's very general of you to say, but not everyone was hooking up with all the dancers.
Speaker 1: You could feel it on the dance floor. I remember when Trista came on the show, and that kind of started this thing. And then it was like every bachelor bacherette.
Speaker 3: Became a Dancing with the Stars. Was that a dancing Was that a good thing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Was it? Clearly that was a bad thing.
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 1: I always thought like it kind of helped promote they were trying to do this synergy thing.
Speaker 2: It's interesting what you're saying right now, because, like you know, at the end of the day, with this podcast, like the amount of people that you also know that are assuming things without hearing the fucking podcast is killing me. But it's because they don't want to hear it. It's because they want to feel this way and they want to feel validated.
Speaker 1: I think I have to send it to them.
Speaker 2: I'm already you offered to send what.
Speaker 1: The podcast because they were so they were so scared about the podcast, and so I said, well just listen.
Speaker 2: And then you know, they're like the title. I'm like, well, what do you expect? Should I call it Dancing with the Stars? Reviews like, I mean, right, you're making money off me, and vice versa.
Speaker 1: It is a powerful thing when you realize that they don't own you and you get.
Speaker 2: Your voice, realize that you're never going to get that seat at the judges table that you deserve.
Speaker 1: They were just dangling it in front of you. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, and here I am cha cha chaying up until thirty nine? Need two hip replacements?
Speaker 1: Do you really need two hip replacements?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: For sure? Wow, I have arthritis everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I hope you'll keep rolling with the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm rolling with bells and whistles on and lots of fringe and lashes and spray tands and sex and lies.
Speaker 1: I love it. Talk about the sex, talk about the relationships. I mean, it's not like it's not like she all don't know.
Speaker 2: It's crazier. Brooke Burke was just on and all.
Speaker 1: She admitted all that. All.
Speaker 2: She admitted I would have had a who the that is so Disney friendly what she said. And people are saying you wore like how dare you? Yes? People are like being so.
Speaker 1: Every party Derrek Hoff ever walked into in Hollywood, his shirt was off within four minutes.
Speaker 2: And he was like just spinning with that haircut. Is just like so talented. By the way, talent. You get a little bit of my talent.
Speaker 1: If I had those as, I would have taken my shirt off to.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just jealous the same My job is not I'm not trying to manipulate the interview and say ooh, you know, no, I'm not. This is all new to me. I'm not one to interview, as you know, I don't have that much experience with it. I'm literally just having a conversation with my friends who feel comfortable enough to open up to me, and we just happen to just you know, get some good show.
Speaker 1: Well that's the beauty that That is the beauty of the podcast. It's the beauty of the long form. Is that you get to talk, you get to say your piece. It's never it will never end up. I mean, like I would never do GMA or a GMA type show again because why would you Why would anybody go on to a show like that where they have complete control of editing and can cut you down. I mean, I don't know how many times I went to GMA, flew to New York, spend you know, on the Red Eye. You get there at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: At night, try putting on a dance costume, Chris, and then you.
Speaker 1: Get up after an hour's sleep, and you got to get up at five in the morning. And do you know I remember, like Sage Steele went on and I were to go in and doing doing Miss America. We literally went on for like forty seconds and then they go off and I'm like, I just finish, And so I don't know why you would ever go on those shows again, Like why.
Speaker 2: Because I but but we're different, because like you have done what you wanted to do. Like I feel like I haven't started yet and I've only just begun.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. You have now this voice in this podcast, you can say everything you want in long form. I know you're still going to get pressed, trust me, No, I'm already.
Speaker 2: A press side. I'm just worried I'm never going to get hired to go.
Speaker 1: They're chasing you now. Well you're now more hirable than you can what You're now more hirable than Eve.
Speaker 2: I mean, as far as I'm concerned, Like, I have a lot to say, and honestly so does Trista Sutter. Like the fact that she was the first eliminated celebrity and we still had an hour long conversation because she had all these feelings and she needed to talk to somebody who understood what she was saying, and the fact that she had closure. She can actually close that chapter. I swear to God, it's so emotional and it's so insane because you're like, wait, it's just a fucking dann show. No, it's not like Heather, you know from Glee. She's just like I got eliminated for ratings. That's it. I'm saying it. I mean.
Speaker 1: James Vanderbeek was pretty open about his season two who people get pissed because I felt kind of guilty and bad because.
Speaker 2: You do the show.
Speaker 1: Don't ever do it dancing? Oh god, no, I almost. I almost hosted it one time.
Speaker 2: Oh is that after before Tom?
Speaker 1: It was to help Tom because Tom was having a family emergency and they ABC called me in the middle of the day Sunday and said, can you please show up. I was there at the table read in case Tom didn't show up because we weren't sure how bad the emergency was.
Speaker 3: You were there, I think, and he was like, no, no, Tom knew I was there.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: I was doing as a favor for Tom to take his job. Oh no, no, no, no no. I was doing Bachelor and Bachelor's crushing it. They just needed someone who could definitely come in a post. No, this is a total favor, And I actually went to the show that Monday night, Tom walked right over to me, gave me a hug and said, thank you for doing what you did, because part of the promise was that I would never speak of it while we were like during the season and like nobody knew and I just disappeared.
Speaker 2: I never knew it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so which I just did it as a yeah and honestly did as a favorite to the executives. The executives called me, hey, buddy, will you do this. You're not going to get paid, You're not going to probably ever do it. And I said, sure. You know, you know I'm a team player totally, because you think you're part of the family.
Speaker 2: I know I've sacrificed. I mean it's been a choice of mine, like I've chosen to have you know, the show consume my life, and I really there's so many great moments. I mean, honestly, I wouldn't be sitting here with you today, you know the whole spiel. But there's also a time too for me where I had to take a step back and just say, okay, am I still am I able to look at myself in the mirror and like the person I see because like was I treated Okay, yes, but there I know I deserve more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's not more money. I'm not saying more money. I'm saying I know I deserved to be believed in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's not like I'm not capable.
Speaker 1: Maybe in moments respected a lot more. We won't get into.
Speaker 2: That, so I won't to Aretha Franklin song r E s PC tea commercial.
Speaker 1: And so the point I've taken out of so many of these podcasts is multiple things can be true at once.
Speaker 2: It's it's true, it is true.
Speaker 1: We all things get so black and white. It's like you're this, You're you're a villain, You're not. It's I hate dancing. I loved it. It's like that's it's not true. I can feel blessed about The Bachelor. I'll take it on me. I can feel blessed I did that show. It changed my life, it changed my kids' lives. There can be things I'm not happy with. There's people I'm not happy with in moments in those twenty years. It's impossible that it was perfect.
Speaker 2: There's no such thing anyway, such thing. Yeah, but I think that because it's still kind of a fresh wound for me. Yeah, in a way. It's like I think a lot of entertainers are in this business because they look for validation, right in general, like if you really were to just dig deep, and we want that, especially from the people who hired us. And there's still a lot of those people that I basically moved from Harlem to la and I considered, you know, whatever they thought of me or however I placed. Like I said earlier, was my way of identifying myself. And it's sad. But then when it's gone, and not only was it just the show, but it said divorce, it's also you know, I just decided to do it all at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the band is, you know what, my entire life.
Speaker 2: In one year, they move out of the house. Sixteen years, just divorce and then I'm the worst divorce of all Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: You know, just leave the just leave, yeah, just blow it all up.
Speaker 2: But I'm so happy I did, honestly because I think that I'm glad you see it that a lot of love and respect for myself that I never had.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask if because I've stepped away, and as I've gotten away, I realized it was a blessing and it's it's my life is so much better and I found love and I'm going to get married. And I don't know if all that stuff would have happened if I was still on the road grinding out and dealing with the crap I had been dealing with. Yeah, and so in a lot of ways, it's a blessing. And I hope you if you haven't found that piece, I hope you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will. I'm on the road to it. Like I think it's hard to sometimes, especially with a podcast. I mean, in a way, would you have done a podcast about the Bachelor Bachelorette franchise right after?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people and people wanted me to. People ask me, iheard asked me. I'm sure, And it's like, and I don't watch the show. I don't. It wasn't, you know, And it's not for any other reason other than it's not really my jam anyway, right, But of course I'm not gonna go watch it's like my It's like I like, I'm gonna go watch my ex girlfriend date somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing this right now as we speak. But I love the like I do love dance, right, So it's not like it's just you know though, I would I just pitched this to uh, the president of Unscripted at Netflix. I would do Love is Blind in two seconds if they did a celebrity version.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I like that right, But.
Speaker 2: There's two rules. One you can't talk about the career obviously that you're a part of. And two obviously appearances. Yeah, and if you do buying yourself another Love is Blinder.
Speaker 1: So that's where we're gonna see Cheryl just.
Speaker 2: Blind walking around trying to find my match. Have you done mass singer yet? They've asked me, you need to have Tom on your podcast to you know what.
Speaker 1: I will have Tom because there's I heard a lot of things about Tom and I knew Tom and I love Tom. Before we get to that, Okay, can we wrap this up? I mean, here's the thing said. I always say I like a good, clean beginning and a clean ending on these shows. We completely blew up the beginning of the show. It was a disaster. I'm not even sure people knew Cheryl Burke was on the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know we started the interview. Can we start again?
Speaker 1: And now we're crashing and burning to end this show? And that's the way it should be. Cheryl, thank you for being here for this absolute dumpster fire of a show. In all seriousness, I love you. You're a dear friend too. I've known you for quite a long time and we've been through the battles together and I'm glad to see you healthy, sober, kicking.
Speaker 3: Ass Asian Oprah is my name, Asian Oprah. I have not heard that agent, but Asian No, I understood what you're saying.
Speaker 1: OK, gotcha. That's a great note to end on. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.