Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories, done.
Speaker 4: Done, Hello and welcome back to That's Messed Up an SVU podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Kara and I'm Liza, and we're thrilled to bring you another episode of SVU Crimes. Guests, maybe not a guest, I don't remember anymore Feat of our Pants.
Speaker 1: Listen. We do SVU recaps, we do true crimes, we do guests. Sometimes today we don't have one. It's summer. Give us a break. People are traveling, we're busy, we're in the time machine. We're recording this closer to the beginning of July, and this is coming out at the end of July. But we hope that you still can enjoy our banter. We're going to try to make it as interesting as possible. But before we get started, let me just say we are doing a live show in two weeks at the Bell House in Brooklyn. Lisa will be back from her travels. We will be doing a new episode. We will announce the episode on our Instagram like the week before the show. So go to That's Messed Up Live dot com and get tickets to come see us at the Bell House on August fourteenth.
Speaker 2: It's going to be fun and not to instill panic, but it is a smaller venue than we are normally doing, so yeah, yeah, get to it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you came to and if you came to see us at Sony Hall or City Winery, we're doing a different episode, awesome different Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the Bellhouse is an awesome venue.
Speaker 1: And it's not like it's not two drink minimums, so you can just come and like grab one drink and just watch us, or grab zero drinks. It's up to you.
Speaker 3: But it's fun. It's a great venue. I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bell House is classic. It's in gowanis so yeah silly place. Yeah, come check us out. Uh but like, okay, so what's going on? You said you about something you wanted to bring up. I did, Okay, So the cut in June, this article cares so someone's so basically I was like talking to a friend about and just like that and that it's it's like hard to watch, you know.
Speaker 3: It's cringey. It's cringey, and they're.
Speaker 2: Not like grown, Like it's just weird behaviors and it's not aspirational and it's just like a little tough and they go, well fucking read this, and it's sex after sixty in sag Harbor. The boomer dating scene in the Hamptons and in Manhattan is bleak. Fortunately, I've never cared less. Candace Bushnell has written this right. It is she cares a lot. She cares a lot. She has not changed at all. It is the bleakest thing ever. But also like seventy seven year old men are like tricking women to come to their house when they've already said no multiple times and then like popping, but like trying to fuck them, like lie, like it's all the same.
Speaker 3: And basically these old dudes are like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone's dead, we're hot and rich, we have nice cars, and like we don't need you and we can date forty year olds and twenty year olds and uh so it's like this weird thing but nothing's changed. But she also only like she's in her sixties and won't stand up for herself.
Speaker 3: It's like nothing, nothing is different.
Speaker 2: A dude she wanted to order her own food, and a dude goes, I'm ordering for us, and ordered for us, and she didn't like it but didn't say anything. She's trying to go home and a guy goes, let's just stop at my house. Come on, let's just stop over, let's do that seventy seven, Like nothing has changed, and she keeps changing, but she wants to be in this upper echelon. So it's like people with Lamborghini's, Like, I'm sure she can find a fulfilling relationship somewhere, but then she also keeps going like I'm fulfilled, I don't care, and then all she does is care. It's just like a really kind of wild read to be so rich through a creative pursuit like looking hot, having friends, having a social life, continuing the work you love, and still being mistreated and tricked by like old weird guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I wish this story was more about how she was just like, I'm Louie Andeles EPs and I'm fucking younger guys and I'm having the time of my life, like instead of no trying to get only with rich older men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she also continues to be like and I don't care and I don't even care, and I'm happy being me. And it's like, clearly this is no, I don't but so but they're on the apps, they're meeting people, and it was just kind of like an article.
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: Let me see what I texted my friends, because that's where I put the things that bothered me the most. One like nothing has changed. She's at dinner and this is a quote. She refused to go to a restaurant because she goes, I'm still haunted, still being haunted by a restaurant twenty seven years later because of the real life Big You're you still won't go to a restaurant from twenty seven years ago because Big you had a moment there with Big is this real life?
Speaker 1: It's like really, and this is like what's wrong with show as well?
Speaker 3: You think like it's just like there's not They're no, they're not sadder. This is sadder than anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show, but yeah, And then I just read the seventy seven year old like she's like, let's just stop and grab a joint at my place, and like I've never had a more cautionary tale. Oh when they talk about Viagara, that these dudes are just like popping pills.
Speaker 3: And like I've been seeing a.
Speaker 1: Lot of content in my feet about viagra problems. Like even a lot of younger guys are like really like addicted to it, and like women don't like it because it's like, yeah, guys are just like okay, well I'm hard, like let's go. And it's like not great, you know, like and and then my friends bad that.
Speaker 2: She's like they they're not even horny, like they just think they're owed sex, so they're willing to like medicate and almost like date rate people to get what they feel is theirs. Oh yeah, And it's just and it's like also weird that you're so obsessed with being with a wealthy person and you don't need them. There's no need to actually have a transactional relationship here, like you, I don't know, can't you just meet an author?
Speaker 3: And she goes out of her way, like she's like.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to be back in the Hampton's tomorrow morning, but I'm gonna hit up to Manhattan to go on one date.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of strange. It's just strange. It's strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think part of it is also the fact that this woman traffics in this like this is what her like life. This is her life and identity and she needs material, you know what I mean? Like this is who Candice Bushnel is. You know, I would like to think that Carrie would have like not been this desperate. You know, she's supposed to be the real life Carrie or whatever, but like it is, ugh, yikes, I don't know. This feels like Ramona. I mean, Ramona's out there, you know, like doing all this.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, I'm still making my way through and just like that season two, because I was here that three was bad, but I was like, I'll give it a shot, but I have to just finish, like up the last few episodes.
Speaker 3: Of two, and I'm like, yeah, and I don't know, Okay, there's a moment I'm still in che Land. I'm still in chay Land.
Speaker 2: Oh well, okay, So like I'm sorry, I'm like skimming through the cuts to make sure I give you everything.
Speaker 3: It's kind of longer than I remember.
Speaker 2: But like it's also just her being like and this guy's six foot three, which matters.
Speaker 3: Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.
Speaker 2: And it's like, bitch, you're pushing seventy, you still think six' three is still this thing that like truly matters to what you're looking.
Speaker 1: For, yeah can he bend over and tie his shoes without pulling a? Muscle like what the? FUCK i don't care about how?
Speaker 2: Tall, yeah and he's he's straight up told her he's, like, YEAH i date tons of. Women they all want to date, me and Then i'll ghost you like they're still being.
Speaker 3: Ghosted oh my. God, yeah it's.
Speaker 2: Wild, No and just like that what bothers me is, Like, okay it's a small. Thing But miranda eats like has to stay At carrie's place and then eats the last yogurt in banana and it's, like no matter how close of friends you, are unless you're about to run to the bodega or, something it's, like you would never take someone's last yogurt without. Asking and then it's her being like, what you don't even eat? Yogurt and it's, like, well who did you think it was? FOR i live here? Alone and then like that night also like just went and had the Last mexican coke from her fridge and it's, like you guys just talks about. It she told you in the, morning can you not take my last? Items and then she is and it's, like this Isn't. Miranda this Isn't. Miranda miranda cares about like IT'S i don't, KNOW i don't know if they're trying to make like a thing about. Menopause is it fucking your brain? Up it's just. Confused and then Like, carrie she's just. Annoying, ever all the characters are also two. D i think that's maybe the, Thing like they're not as layered and cool and exciting and fun and. Interesting so this guy's like this curmudgeon that lives in the. Building but also it's like she bought a full, brownstone but there's a renter in the basement that we were just hearing. About it's, like, okay so this renter spends half the. Year there's, like, hey, babe, like you're walking in. Heels it's really. Noisy can you not do? That and she goes absolutely, not this is WHO i. Am and it's just her walking around her apartment in, heels refusing to not make. Noise and he's an asshole the way he acts in the WAY i don't it's not like he's likable in any. Capacity but, also why are you walking around your house and? Heels all that's Also New. York you can't walk around in heels in your.
Speaker 1: Apartment you have.
Speaker 2: Neighbors and then he, goes can you get? Rugs she, GOES i don't really like. That i'm looking for my. Own so it's, LIKE i don't, know so like it just seems.
Speaker 3: Strange it's. Strange it's, strange and, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's you, KNOW i just Love you're so too D like also, LIKE i, okay So i'm on the second season AND i just saw the episode where Like harry is having sex With charlotte.
Speaker 3: But he's not.
Speaker 1: Coming he's, coming but he's not shooting any actual sperm or jill.
Speaker 2: Spoiler, alert he has if you don't want to, know he has prostate.
Speaker 3: Cancers, okay it ends up being something.
Speaker 1: Else but in the episode you watch, It, kara he pisses himself out at a nightclub Because charlotte wants to be cool and stout late in the art, world And harry's, like we're not dead, yet and then he pisses himself at the club but refuses to go home to help the business and then is, LIKE i have. Cancer, Okay, wow, well thank you for telling ME i was gonna find. Out but like as a standalone, episode you're, like why do you give a shit whether there's like just coming, Out LIKE i don't, KNOW i don't know why anybody would. CARE i, MEAN i know you you famously like the, consistency but like you know, that it's just like these episodes seem.
Speaker 3: Weird and then her plotline the whole.
Speaker 1: Episode is how does she get her husband's jizz back in? Place but of course it's gonna lead to, this but like still as a standalone it's.
Speaker 3: Weird it's bizarre, topics and.
Speaker 2: Yeah AND i feel bad even shitting on, it you, know but it's just not good.
Speaker 1: And it had all the opportunities to be. Good come, on you've got the same gals. Back they're all good, actresses like she could like somebody's either the Or John Patrick John Patrick king is.
Speaker 3: Not it's also not growned in any.
Speaker 2: Reality they're on a plane and it's like everyone is making videos about it, online but it's like this isn't a, Plane like what plane is? This like this isn't what a plane looks, Like like you couldn't even get a prop.
Speaker 3: Plane it's just, confusing and then you just see it.
Speaker 2: All it's like they drive to a thing and then there's signs everywhere being like don't back, up there's, spikes and like then they spike their.
Speaker 3: Car i'm, like what is, This Benny? Hill what is? This?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Forgetting like the EPISODE i just watched too was like where the the the beautiful woman that's friends With charlotte for they forget to send out the invitations for their their like anniversary. Dinner i'm, like so NOW i don't get to see a nice. Dinner i'm so, Confused like this is all like it's, all it's.
Speaker 3: Not really, great BUT i can't watch tracking.
Speaker 1: AHEAD i guess EVENTUALLY i.
Speaker 3: Have to give. UP i don't, Know.
Speaker 1: Well, wait did you want to talk about This New York times movie list that came out of the Best movies of The aughts of the two? Thousand, SURE i looked at, Like I'M i THINK i just don't know the middle. Lists but it's just LIKE i feel disconnected from the critics and the people and the, voting like there will be blood being number, Three LIKE i get that it's a good, move but it's like number.
Speaker 3: THREE i don't. KNOW i just don't get.
Speaker 2: Stuff BUT i want lots of oscars, too AND i did work with the, cinematographer but there SO yac to me is so.
Speaker 3: Boring it's not that. Good LIKE i just am.
Speaker 2: CONFUSED i was happy to See francis ha And Go swirled and like other fun things That i'm, Into Parasite Get. Out there were great, options BUT i just, yeah there were so many movies WHERE i was, like, OH i Guess i'm not like, Everyone LIKE i don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i just WISH i saw what people.
Speaker 1: SAW i do like this little feature you can do where you can check if you've seen it and it keeps a little eye and you can do an.
Speaker 3: Eye want to Watch i've seen? It, yes that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing So i'm obviously clicking LIKE i want to watch and so AND i have watch BECAUSE i want to say Many i've, watched but so Many i'm reading the synopsis And i'm looking at it OR i know about, it AND i don't even click want to. WATCH i do not, Care LIKE i do not care about some of. These SO i just am confused by. MYSELF i, guess, Yeah OH i was not super bad made the. List that's like very important to, Me, yeah that's a social, work social. Network never even, thought, Oh, eternal.
Speaker 1: LIKE i do Love.
Speaker 2: Eternal, yeah people care it's, unique no country for old. Men moonlight loved number. Five i'm never Watching moonlight. AGAIN i don't Think.
Speaker 3: Spirited away is also. AWESOME i didn't even really and.
Speaker 2: Drive i've tried to watch it like ten. TIMES i can never watch, It like DO i have number? Two like what AM i? Missing why AM i so detached from the people that are authority of this? THING i love? DOING i love watching, Movies, like why DON'T i feel?
Speaker 3: Connected?
Speaker 1: WELL i think because critics ARE i, Mean, CASEY i think you should.
Speaker 3: Get on the mic here for a. Second don't you think it's.
Speaker 1: Because like critics like TWENTY i, LOVE i, mean critics are notoriously like they're they've studied this, stuff and they're like they're going to have more of like A i don't, know a prescribed.
Speaker 5: Opinion they have a more academic, yeah and like objective opinion on these. Things so, LIKE i don't think they're wrong in making a list like this where it's like these are the best movies kind of like empirically and.
Speaker 3: Objectively But children Of MEN i saw that in the. THEATER i, Went, Okay, lisa you're an. Artist you're not supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be you have your lane and you're not you, know you're not going to Lock children Of. MEN i Like children Of men number. Thirteen it's. High it's. GOOD i thought it was. GOOD i don't. KNOW i can see why that's, thirteen you, know but it's, LIKE i don't think you're gonna like Amyas vardas The gleaners And, eye which is on this, list you, Know SO i don't think you should feel any sort OF i don't know if guilt is the.
Speaker 3: World OH a serious? Man wait NOW i feel. Hip NOW i feel. Hit you like that MOVIE i? Did like a serious? Man, okay, okay go your.
Speaker 1: Back i'm really loving going through and just clicking on the ones i've. Seen it's making me feel accomplished in a weird.
Speaker 3: Way.
Speaker 1: ADAPTATION i love number twenty. Seven, Oh, bridema Brides Maid's being thirty.
Speaker 3: Two that's. Exciting, NO i, LIKE i Think i've seen every one of these.
Speaker 1: Movies EVERYONE i, think so, yeah, whoa because there's some that are, like there's just like a bunch of you you're gonna say Foreign, yes, YEAH i was gonna say. Foreign, WELL i, Mean i'm not, Like i'm not like just usually perusing before. PARASITE i didn't know About Bong, juno you.
Speaker 2: Know oh yeah yeah, Wait so LIKE i, WAS i feel like such a prude and a, loser and LIKE i watched A Scarlet johansen thing of like her going talking about her roles and experience. Filming she was seventeen when she Did lost In. Translation, oh she was like.
Speaker 3: Twenty, wow that's, crazy.
Speaker 2: Crazy that it's in a normal universe that you're shooting these scenes with bil MURT i don't.
Speaker 5: Know, see that's a movie WHERE i was, LIKE i Like Sophia coppola's other, Movie The Virgin suicides more Than lost In, translation and that's not on this.
Speaker 3: List SO i wonder because it's ninety, NINE i, bet yeah it's ninety.
Speaker 5: Nine oh is it ninety? Nine oh, See i'm a dumb. DUMB i thought they're not a dum. Dumb it's one.
Speaker 2: YEAR i only know this BECAUSE i play movie grid AND i know how they're trying to fuck with me at all. Times they're trying to do, This so that's HOW i. Knew, OH i haven't Seen The Dark NIGHT i GUESS i have to see.
Speaker 5: THAT i don't know Only, YEAH i JUST i can't see you liking a lot of these, Movies. LIZA i Know Phantom, Thread like SHOULD i see? That, Oh Phantom thread's really good and bitchy.
Speaker 1: Them threads really. Good, Her i'm not watching.
Speaker 2: HER i have never Watched Alwauquin phoenix movie AND i never. Will, Oh Grand Budapest Hotel royal TenneT bombs back to. Back that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Cood. Yeah, yeah Two Wes anderson's are back to.
Speaker 5: Back, yeah we should start a new podcast Where liza watches every one of these movies and has a.
Speaker 3: Reaction. Yeah tree Of life never even heard.
Speaker 1: Of it's funny, too BECAUSE i think sometimes these movies live at like a specific, time like almost. Famous like my friends in college were obsessed with that. Movie but LIKE i watched it later and was like it's, Fine LIKE i, WAS i didn't think it was the best Thing i'd ever, seen but for them it was so. Important like for, like you, know certain certain, things just like Live you, know you saw Super bad at a certain time of your of your life and it meant something to.
Speaker 3: You you.
Speaker 5: Know it's more of like a movement than the movie. Itself, almost it's almost like the reaction it caused rather than the.
Speaker 3: Movie, yeah Like.
Speaker 1: Legally, blonde, Right, oh the favorite is on here is the leg on?
Speaker 5: It, no it's not about what About Devil Worre's. PRADA i don't think that's On harry.
Speaker 3: Either they're.
Speaker 1: Kidding Nobleware's prada is really, Good that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Mean i'm gonna Watch gravity Never, Again Never. AGAIN i saw it in the. THEATER i left AND i, said let's get.
Speaker 1: Pizza this is so random though that it's Like Uzo aduba Loves inception like, this well you'll be.
Speaker 3: HAPPY i also think they are.
Speaker 2: Starfuckers it's like Every Paul Thomas anderson really was punched rock.
Speaker 1: Every For.
Speaker 3: Nolan i've not Seen.
Speaker 1: INCEPTION i just Like cinophiles Love Paul Thomas. Anderson they just.
Speaker 3: Do they do we? Do? Oh the FAVORITE i love The favorites is in my top. Ten, yeah Uncut.
Speaker 1: Joms i've never even heard of this, one but it's got the lady from it and oh my, god yeah she's really.
Speaker 3: Good Sandra Huler Hullerhuler. Tony but you were happy with the list? Overall AM i happy with.
Speaker 5: IT i don't know If i'm like happy with, it BUT i Can i'm like money you can see where THEY i can see where they came to that. Decision, Yeah. MONEYBALL i don't know why that's on. There at the top, TEN i felt LIKE i was, Like, okay.
Speaker 3: This is pretty. GOOD i was like fine with.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah i'm Surprised Gone girl's on. There, Oh Gone girl ta and changed.
Speaker 2: Everything everything Since Gone girl has been people trying to Make Gone.
Speaker 1: Girl i've Made Gone. Girl BUT i liked the book Of Gone girl so.
Speaker 2: Much you, KNOW i didn't read, it but WHEN i Saw Gone, GIRL i, went, wow that's a.
Speaker 3: Movie LIKE i WISH i saw that in the. Theater like that's me as a movie going.
Speaker 1: Experience, yeah the book is ALSO i still never Saw.
Speaker 3: TAR i haven't. Either oh By, Matthew where's? Long it's, Like i'm finally gonna go Watch once upon A time In. Hollywood you haven't seen. That i'm, SHY i, know but it's. Time i'm gonna watch. IT i think it's. Time it's a Great oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Movie the MASS i Think Paul Thomas anderson And Christopher nolan are the most in This what is this?
Speaker 3: Movie under The. Skin number sixty, Nine, WELL.
Speaker 5: I love that movie By Jonathan. Glazer scarleton hands and plays an.
Speaker 3: Alien it's. Great oh, Really, oh let the right one. IN i.
Speaker 1: CAN'T i hope this is entertaining for people to listen. To it's just us, talking it's us going through a list of the best movies Of oh you, know oh you know what's In versions, eleven voted for By Joel Kim.
Speaker 2: Booster, Well ocean's eleven is. Fantastic that's that's a. Movie LIKE i feel like such a dupe fits Like there We, Go But Brad pitt is littered in this Like Brad Pitt Leonardo, DiCaprio, like, really some of our greatest movie stars are a lot in this. List Past lives is SOMETHING i want to. See number eighty six sevens, Oh Past, Lives SO i can't.
Speaker 3: Wait It's.
Speaker 1: LANE i was, crying what.
Speaker 3: Were you gonna?
Speaker 5: Say didn't you know that the director Of Past lives her husband Wrote Challengers and they're both about these kind of like thriple wow couple things, like so it's sort of. INTERESTING i haven't Seen melancholia, yet don't see that that.
Speaker 3: Much just some dun.
Speaker 2: Head BUT i don't Like Larson tree BECAUSE i try to Watch Anti christ AND i was, like what is?
Speaker 3: This go back to art.
Speaker 2: School this isn't for the this isn't for people Inside low And.
Speaker 3: Davis get out of, here give me the cat and. LEAVE i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i JUST i don't know a lot of these Black.
Speaker 3: Swan i'm.
Speaker 1: Hired it's. GOOD i like all motiv our Black. Swan, okay that's what you guys. Think Because i'm at number eighty And i've seen fifty of. These oh you're going. Up, Yeah i'm Going i'm going back down to one. Hundred oh, cool, Cool.
Speaker 3: So you're going. Fast that's, fun all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah let's See i've Seen inside loew And. Davis yeah, yeah it is kind of fun to have them narrow down to like a time period that we were so fully alive and, adult you, know not just like when you got when you see, like, oh the hundred best movies. Ever IFC's like or, whatever this is like our our. Century Where's Pineapple? Express? YEAH i MEAN i do love That anchorman's on. THERE i Thought anchorman was so. FUNNY i got finger To.
Speaker 3: Anchorman oh, yeah, okay, yeah it's. Beautiful wow in.
Speaker 2: Front it was kind of a pretty packed. Room BUT i KNOW i was in College.
Speaker 1: Lord of The rings, FAMOUSLY i fell asleep during fell asleep During lord OF.
Speaker 2: I saw one of, them Thought Orlando bloom was, hot bought a poster with the elf on.
Speaker 3: It never watched another.
Speaker 1: ONE i never even heard of Fish.
Speaker 3: Tank what's this?
Speaker 1: Gladiator, okay, yeah that's another.
Speaker 3: One oppenheimer to sneak in? There where's the?
Speaker 2: Substance it's kind of exciting because they also JUST i Think New York times did one hundred best recipes that they've.
Speaker 3: Had they just put out their hundred best.
Speaker 2: Restaurants BECAUSE i follow a girl online That i'm obsessed, With, caitlin and she every year goes all one hundred of them and does, reviews pays out of.
Speaker 3: Pocket. Wow but she went to school for.
Speaker 2: Food marketing because she does a lot OF q and As i've learned a lot about. Her so she actually went to school with a day job in food. Marketing and then this, BITCH i don't know how she has. THIS i, mean people are, like how do you have the? Time i'm, like she's twenty, five she better be. Hustling that's what you do at twenty five for your, Career, like BUT i put my age being impressed with her, time but she should be working this. Hard But Candy, Stories Bagel, Things Small, series one Hundred New York, times every, vacation she's.
Speaker 3: Everywhere it's. Incredible, WOW i.
Speaker 1: Just finished And i've seen sixty out of one. Hundred all, right should we? Listen we're gonna get our episode started. Today should we get rolling glad kill bills?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah but, yeah go To that's Messed up live dot com For lisa's tour dates to get tickets to our show at The bellhouse to see our we got some merch up, there and uh, yeah let's get. Started another another, day another, episode, guys it's Another. Tuesday, Okay today we are doing Trick rolled at The, moulaan a classic Warn light, Title season twenty, two episode. Thirteen this came out In may of twenty twenty, one so we are in the pandemic and they let you.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 1: Uh but also WHEN i read, THIS i was, like is this like being? Rickrolled LIKE i had never heard the term trick, rolled but then you, know rickrolling was like when you got that that.
Speaker 3: Famous you have no video or. Whatever Who, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly so it's just funny to me that it sounds so much like rickrolled at The.
Speaker 3: Mulon but it's a. Trick roll is a real.
Speaker 1: THING i googled it and it's like an Actual it's not like a SOMETIMES i think s for you like makes up little, terms but this one is. Real so the episode starts with flashbacks because this is part of AN oc. Crossover, Okay Organized crime With, stabler all, right this is from the first of these, Work.
Speaker 2: Like i'm, Sorry like none of their little crossover tricks ever work long, term and it makes us more upset and. Mad stop littering our show with your crossovers to build up your loser.
Speaker 1: Shows, YEAH i think, That, like, YEAH i was definitely like an. Attempt and at the, TIME i was watching these, seasons so it was fine for me BECAUSE i was. Watching oh, See i'm now like two seasons behind ON, oc BUT i did watch the first three pretty like on, time SO i knew what was going on. Here BUT i will definitely make it clear As i'm. Recapping but you, know this is like we're at the height of the, show trolling the.
Speaker 3: The What benchler?
Speaker 1: Shippers, right like this episode young like gen Z marketer or something during that, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like someone like he was, like, yeah you have to make.
Speaker 1: Them think that these two are going to fuck at some, point and Like live is breathlessly Going elliott like at the, beginning and then she's like telling him he HAS ptsd because it's After kathy's, murder and then he's getting an intervention from his kids and of course he doesn't give a shit what they have to, say, like you, know justice is more important than. Anything and it ends with him Calling live with this revelation That kathy was the. Target like he had gone along thinking that the car bomb was meant for him and That kathy got in the, car but it was actually meant For.
Speaker 3: Kathy so this is like.
Speaker 1: A whoae moment on THE oce For, stabler, Right so the episode then begins for, real and it starts With liv listening to this voicemail That elliott, left being like it was it was this guy and he did. It i've got his name written down, Later i'm. Sorry it's like ends up not being that important And liv is listening to it in the middle of the, night like she calls.
Speaker 3: Him it goes right to.
Speaker 1: Voicemail she leaves a message like begging for a, callback and, YEAH i just wrote this is the height of the, show reigniting the ben slur. Trolling so cut to a bar with loud music playing and A hawk girl is telling a Guy hovey how amazing his watches and he, says, yeah the waiting list was four.
Speaker 3: Years BUT i pulled.
Speaker 2: Strings and you know a lot of comedy boys love, watches and, LIKE i know it's like a wealth. INDICATOR i do. NOT i could not care. Less, YEAH i wouldn't be able to tell any. WHY i, Mean i'm also Not i'm not looking for rich, people you, know my free, time BUT i JUST i couldn't care less about.
Speaker 1: It what it is just like the only jewelry that men spend a lot of money. On, Really LIKE i don't think men really have rings or necklaces as.
Speaker 2: MUCH i mean some, do but, like, yeah, Men well today my doctor was, like do you live? ALONE i, go, yeah she, goes are you gonna get An apple? WATCH i go, never she, goes, Well i'm just, saying you, Know i've had patience where they fall and that's what saves. Them AND i, Go i'm not worried About oh my, god hopefully someone would hear me, THUD i, MEAN i don't. KNOW i, Know i'm going to buy An apple watch and wear it every day for the off CHANCE i might fall in my, Home LIKE i can't even IMAGINE.
Speaker 1: I fall it AND i can't get. Out you're a little, BIT i would, say you're decades away from. HELP i fall it AND i can't get.
Speaker 3: Up, well not according to this. Bit, NO i actually loved.
Speaker 2: It there's something about being in like a real doctor's and she kind of reminded me of your mom in terms of hair color and.
Speaker 1: Style and just like you could tell she's been in it for a. While yeah you, care she took her. TIME i don't. KNOW i was, Really, oh don't worry my retired mother who's already plotting how to go back to. Work, yeah for. SURE i hope your doctor is going to work into her fucking, eighties like my crazy ass.
Speaker 2: Mom but guess, What so today we are Record It's, july, right you're listening to, it, listeners It's. JULY i tried to make a dermatologists appointment the next Available september twenty twenty. Six Nah, ah SO i booked it in and they, like And i'm on a, waitlist so you get like a paying if someone cancels and you can try to get in they but, Yeah i'm like whatever put me.
Speaker 1: In, god that is. Nuts LIKE i thought Our german IN la was like booked, out but that's Your. GERMAN la wasn't taking new. CLIENTS i had to go to a younger doctor in that. Office SO i don't know if you. Remember, yeah but a full year and a quarter. Ahead that's. Insane wow wow wow, Wow well you were smart to grab the. Appointment BUT i don't know if you remember this Guy hovey that's in this. Episode he actually is from another episode Called The Only Way Out Is, through and in it he is a. Rapist he Raised kat's, Cousin, lily and then she drops the charges because she's, like, well maybe things are gonna work out with, him like MAYBE i wasn't like communicative. Enough and it's like it's one of these episodes that are kind of about like the doubt or whatever that victims have sometimes with sexual, assault and so.
Speaker 3: That's where this guy comes. From so he's from another.
Speaker 1: Episode and so this Guy hobby's out with this like hot blonde and she's you, know obsessed with his watch and he's bragging about, it and then you find out that they met in THE, dms, right and she's, LIKE i could get used TO vip life. Ha and then Suddenly in breezes in her gorgeous friend To spina and she and the girl is Named, piper And piper And daspina they're model. Friends they model, together and, like oh my, GOD i can't Believe i'm running into you. Here this is. Crazy hobby is really feeling the two girl, problem and he.
Speaker 3: Moves a party over to a.
Speaker 1: Booth this Generic maroon five song starts bumping while these three get. Wasted it's, shots, shots, shots but the girls aren't actually drinking. Them they are tossing, them which reminds me of a night that we went out AND i drank every shot you bought me and our friend was dumping them AND i was, like, OH i didn't even ever think about doing, that, like.
Speaker 3: BECAUSE i don't waste.
Speaker 1: Things but these girls are tossing every fucking vodka shot on the ground over their. Shoulders and then we see them, sprinkle, sprinkle sprinkle something from a white little powder in a plastic baggie into his. Drink once he's like fully blacked. Out they pay his. Tab the female, bartender she looks. Pleased she's, like they gave her a good, tip and.
Speaker 3: THEN i paused. IT i went back and, oh you paused. IT i.
Speaker 2: Did so the bill was like twelve fifty and they tipped her seven. Fifty, whoa, Yeah, like because what would twenty percent of twelve fifty even? Be not seven hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Fifty, no, no it would be, yeah it would be like two hundred and fifty or. SOMETHING i, think yeah so or, no, yeah, yeah that's. Crazy so they now like are kind of of he's, awake but like, pat you, know he's fucked, up and they're like pouring him into a quick, ride which is Like SPU's version of.
Speaker 3: Uber.
Speaker 1: Right so he's like they're, like where do you want to? Go and he's Like vegas and they're all, like, Yeah. Vegas it's, like, yeah you're In New. York like that doesn't really you can't really just get. There and they end up at The Hotel bordeaux on Fortieth, street so nowhere close To. Vegas and at the, hotel the girls are, like why isn't this guy ptffo'd, Yet like they want to know where Where's? Jade, like what's going? On hobby is, shirtless he's on the, bed he's. Wasted he's like kind of trying to like snuggle and hook up with one of the. Girls and Then jade walks, in and she's like this badass like girl that just like you, know is like walks. In she's got a bottle of. Champagne she seems to be like the bitch in. Charge, right she fills his. Glass the girls have more, drugs like and then uh, oh cut to the girls frantically trying to Rouse hobby like he will not wake, up And jade is trying to act like it's no big, deal and she's just like he's, Fine, hobby wake.
Speaker 3: Up and then she just plugs his nose and he wakes.
Speaker 1: Up and then and like she just gets him to give his pin number by going.
Speaker 3: Like, hobby what is your?
Speaker 1: Pan and he just like gargles out his pin number and Then jade says, OKAY brb and the other girls take all the cash out of his.
Speaker 3: Wallet so this is called getting trick, rolled.
Speaker 1: Right it's where usually where like sex workers set guys, up usually with the help of their like pimps or somebody else to rob guys that Rob john's. Okay so now it's the next morning and it's two hours past, checkout AND i think it's the manager banging on the door with. Housekeeping they open the door And hobby is tied to the bed by his ankles and wrists like starfish. Style the maid starts doing the sign of The, cross and the manager goes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah like and then he Checks hobby's pulse AND i don't think it's good news because he tells the maid don't touch.
Speaker 3: Anything so now my thing is, like just rob the. Guy why the? MURDERER i, know.
Speaker 1: It's just like the. DRUGS i just feel like there's a way you could give somebody like a lot of sleeping pills that wouldn't like kill. THEM i don't, know but Maybe i'm wrong about. That you could probably overdo it with sleeping pills. Too but it is going through a lot to not like just he was so fucked up at that. Point it's like you they you have to give him more, Drugs like you could have just like grabbed the wallet and been out of, there you.
Speaker 3: Know so he's being wheeled.
Speaker 1: Out this is after the Credits act, one he's being wheeled out in a body, bag but it's like, Open it's like an open body. Bag they're like just for everybody to get a, look And kat, Confirms, yep that's, Him hobvey social app billionaire and why like is he at this shithole hotel?
Speaker 3: Him and like live And cat want to?
Speaker 1: Know So benson just, Grounded, yeah he just wants to live like regular. People benson brings Up kat's Cousin lily from this episode the only way out is through and, like, hey does your cousin still hang out with this? Guy And kat's, LIKE i haven't talked to her since she refused to testify against, him And finn's, like, well.
Speaker 3: This looks like a party.
Speaker 1: Overdose the guy's tied to the, bed naked and spread, eagle And finn calls the guy That i've been calling the manager of the, House, dick WHICH i did google and it's. Security so he's actually the security guy and he is a former cop and lives, like, well why don't you go play cops with? Him make him feel like he's in on it and get what you can out of. Him and Then, kat bring your cousin. In so this, guy the security guy's name Is molehall and he's, like, look we saw this guy check in that night with a couple working girls. Before i've never seen him, before but the girls were high. End the guy was twenty sheets to the. Wind And cat's, like you just like let that. Go and he's, like, yeah unless they're doing something super fucking, illegal like hitting a pipe on the way, In i'm encouraged to look the other. WAY i don't know if you saw the. Sign we're at The Hotel bordeaux on Fortieth, Street like this is.
Speaker 3: Not a nice.
Speaker 1: One, YEAH i think it's like they're trying to make the like Because mulan is like Is french And bordeaux Is. FRENCH i think they're trying to make it see like it's a bunch of like wanna Be french, names like hotels that are trying to seem nice but are like pay by the, hour kind of like sketchy, places you, know and the guys, like, listen, YEAH i don't really look at fucking wasted guys coming in with two. Girls you, know that's not really my line of. Work and he's, like this is the first time Of john's been found, dead But i've had to call the paramedics four times in the past couple. MONTHS i think there's a bad batch of something going, around, which, like you, know this was like kind of timely because what's happening then and still is like there's like all these bad drugs with like too much fentanyl going around and people, overdosing and that's been happening in the last like five. Years so these guys never want to call the. Cops these parent guys that the paramedics have, rescued they don't want to call the cops.
Speaker 3: Because they're, married they're. Prominent that's why they're.
Speaker 1: Targeted So finn picks up this kind of like harness thing off the bed and, goes you can't find this at home, depot AND i, just you, KNOW i got to call out a fin. Line cat checks his pockets and finds a receipt from The Silver fleece and that's the name of the like cool bar they were. At it just seems like a weird name for a, while like want to meet me at The Silver. FLEECE i don't, KNOW i don't get. It at the, bar the bartender is telling them That hobby's tab was the biggest one in nine. Months she tells them it's the same bartender that we saw like grinning about her. Tip and she's, like, Yeah hobby was here with like a blonde and a hot black.
Speaker 3: Chick and they was, like she, goes it was like A.
Speaker 1: Benetton ad in, Here and it was like they really gave that joke like a, moment and it's just funny because it's just like the oldest, joke like the people have been saying that joke for twenty years and it was just like funny that they all stopped and were.
Speaker 2: Like huh but It but they didn't even look like it was just like one black, person you know WHAT i?
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah WELL i Guess Hobby.
Speaker 1: Latino. Okay so they were, like, yeah it's a Real United nations, here like kind.
Speaker 3: Of one my hack crowd work.
Speaker 2: Things IF i see a real mixedtep, TABLE i, go what is this a college?
Speaker 1: Brochure but that's like more that's more like the that's way less hacky Than BENETON i, feel So, finn the blonde is, like, yeah the girls knew each.
Speaker 3: Other the blonde was here earlier waiting On.
Speaker 1: Hobby they got him wasted on all top shelf, shit then wants security cam.
Speaker 3: Footage bartender's, like no.
Speaker 1: Problem lily gets back To kat that she's too upset to, talk And finn, says we have tissues at the squad, room WHICH i.
Speaker 3: Love it's, like get her ass in. THERE i don't really fucking.
Speaker 1: Care she's too sad that her rapist has just been, like you, Know. Odeed so now we're in woodroom lines And kat's Cousin lily is very broken up about her Rapist. Odeing she's, like this makes no. Sense hovey was a health. Freak he doesn't do. Drugs he doesn't even drink that. Much and they're, like, yeah, girl you probably didn't know him that. Well like And she's, LIKE i don't recognize these. Girls And kat's, like, WELL i think he was dming one of them On. Instagram and she's, Like hobvey doesn't Date insta girls, anymore he promised. Me it's, like none of your relationship with him is. Real she spoke to him a few days. Ago she said they had a, blowout but they were about to make. Up she, GOES i called him last night and he declined the. Call i'm, LIKE i don't know if you're about to make. UP i don't, KNOW i don't. KNOW i think that feels very one. Sided but she left him a message because he declined the call going off on, him and you, know now she kind of feels guilty because he Odd live AND cariesi are watching through the. Glass live is like kind of glassy eyed being, LIKE i feel bad For, lily like there's some things you can never take, back and you. Don't we don't really LIKE i think she's talking about An elliott, thing BUT i don't know for. Sure and Then finn walks in with some sketchy footage from the.
Speaker 3: Hotel it's not much obviously at this.
Speaker 1: Hotel the cameras are all directed into like corners where no one's gonna get. Seen but they do see a third girl. Arriving tarru is still working on facial wreck and they Sent he said he sent the picks To, phoebe his girl In.
Speaker 3: Vice But vice doesn't know these bitches at.
Speaker 1: All so now we're talking To melinda and she's asking, them you guys get your second, Vaccine so we're they're placing us definitely right into the pandemic And finn's, like, yeah it feels LIKE i won parole and lives LIKE i slept for twelve. Hours it's like just. Funny they're just doing like different reactions to getting the. Vaccine and Then melinda's, Like i'm so relieved for all of.
Speaker 3: Us, anyway that's the end of this week's.
Speaker 1: Update the squad will no longer have to sporadically wear masks whenever they feel like, it cause about the.
Speaker 2: PEOPLE i feel, LIKE i remember there was like a landlord was wearing. One i'm, like, anyone he's not gonna be.
Speaker 1: And it's like pulled down like above his upper, lip you. Know but cause of death On Javier garcia was a cute.
Speaker 3: Intoxication she.
Speaker 1: Said besides his sky high blood, alcohol he was also on a mix of oxy fentanyl and M DNA mdma and they're like ANY dna and she's like, nope and then she goes he went he didn't come and we talked about. THIS i feel like when it first, aired we talked about it on the. Podcast i'm, like you're never gonna believe What melinda, said because there's been another time that she said something like that, Before like she said a joke before about somebody not coming in a sexual, way like as a double, turn AND i can't remember, it but it's not the first. Time melinda's dabbled in some wordplay And finn, Realizes, okay so they rolled this. Guy they just like wanted his, wallet that's all they wanted him. For melinda can't rule the manner of. Death she, goes it's a, cuppy and a cuppy is circumstances undetermined pending police. Investigation SO i THINK i talked about this In Lost, traveler where when they first found not the body of the kid but in a different like a different, crime they didn't know for, sure like what it was, yet and so it was like this kind of, thing a circumstance is undetermined pending police. Investigation it's like a she can't rule anything until she sees the police report and then like connects the dots Before live. Leaves warner's, like, hey, so How's stabler. DOING i wrote him a condolence's note AND i never heard, back And lives, like, yeah he's going through a, lot And melinda's, like looks. UPSET i guess WHAT i read on the wiki was that episodes later ON oc he apologizes To melinda for not responding to her, condolences so they're. Good in case you're, worried goes out to the parking garage And elliott is waiting by her car and they're talking about this, Guy Sasha. Lensky that's who he was talking about on the. Voicemail Sasha lensky was in the. Window he Watched kathy as she got, killed and he is a mobster that they Think Richard wheatley hired to plant the bomb and do the whole. Job And elliott is spiraling, right he cannot figure out why anyone would want to Kill, kathy And live is, like, dude you got a. Chill this isn't your. Case like he doesn't even know where they are with the, case like they're hiding things from me and it's obviously killing. Him and he's, Like, live could you reach out to your connections over? There and she's like, NO i. Can't like she's like everyone in my life is telling me to stay away from this case and to stay away from.
Speaker 3: You and he's, like, oho who's telling you? That who's saying?
Speaker 1: That and she's, like did anything at the intervention we did with you make it through that thick bald, skull like did anything? Register and he's, LIKE i don't want to talk about that. Night it's, like of course you don't want to talk about a night that like people that care about you came together to talk to you about your disruptive. Behaviors and she's, like you need to, rest you need to eat, something you need to back off of this whole. Thing let the intel squad or whatever do their, job and.
Speaker 3: Like do this for, you ain't for your.
Speaker 1: Kids and he's, LIKE i hear, you you, know but it is, Stabler SO i don't think he really does hear.
Speaker 3: Anything but he's, like are we? Good and she, GOES i hope.
Speaker 1: So and the music in this whole episode is very, dramatic like we're getting a lot of swelling. Violins like it's very very very dramatic in a in a new episode type of WAY i. Feel, Now cat And finn are at the Hotel mulan On west fourteenth where they found another Guy. Odeed, okay another Like richie rich white man is dead and the manager of the hotel has idd the white girl and An asian. Girl the night manager there found the Guy odeed naked cash Gone. No atm Cards, live shows up and is. Shocked the prescott here so quick it's it's like just an. Od she's, like what the hell And cat's, like, yeah it'd Hit twitter a half an hour.
Speaker 3: Ago it's like Rip. Twitter but his name Is Paul.
Speaker 1: Landry he's what they call the people call him a financial robin. Hood he like squeezes hedge fun guys until they lose their. Shorts BUT i mean does he give the money to poor? PEOPLE i don't really, know But samemo is it the same women As finn is Giving live some of the. Details she stops in her tracks and she realizes this is the hotel where her half Brother simon. Died oh my.
Speaker 2: God the other collector like this, episode it's it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Connections, Yes So dundune off to commercial top OF ac. Two at The Morgue live is staring at the dead body Of Paul, landry, who, honestly lying there looks Like Harry dubin From Real housewives Of New. YORK i don't know if you saw, that BUT i did see him in person at The regency once and he looked like this man dead on a slab and liv is having flashbacks to Seeing simon's body in that same, position and basically she's Asking melinda like what's up and is, like, well both of these guys odd on oxy fentonel AND Mdma And she's, like But simon's ode was heroin in. Fenttional plus he had a history of drug use and lives like, yeah but street drugs. Changed there's new batches every. MONTH i Think simon was. ROLLED i think he was, murdered because, like up until, then they all kind of think that he just relapsed and odeed and this was kind of his own, doing like either kind of a suicide or just an accidental. Od finn's like, maybe But live like this cru is going after rich dudes Like simon was, broke to put it, mildly And she's, like, well maybe they didn't know. That simon talked a good, game And live is getting testy With melinda like, well how much investigation did you? Do And melinda, goes that's not my. Job based on the police, report it was the correct conclusion at the. TIME i do love, how even though they're, Friends melinda always stands up for herself and lives LIKE i got to talk to the rest of Because.
Speaker 2: Live it's, LIKE i don't know your brother was, Poor LIKE i just don't see. This so it is it's like it's hard For melinda or anyone probably to take her seriously in this moment of, like, YEAH i, investigated your brother's.
Speaker 3: Not involved in.
Speaker 1: This, yeah it's like a different drug. Cocktail and it's, LIKE i don't, Know I'M i think a lot of bad shit's going down at this kind at this. Hotel you, know it's not, like oh my, god the same hotel and it's like a year. Ago But, melinda you, know is like this was the correct conclusion and lives LIKE i want to talk to the responding. Officer they missed, Something so now we're talking To Detective Ray, fernandez the responding. Officer and this guy As Detective Ray. Fernandez he actually appears in three more episodes after this, one so they liked him and he comes back in other. Episodes he can't believe there's a task force for guys getting trick, rolled And live brings Up, simon and it's really wild that she's getting this involved right after she Told stabler like stand down in his own wife's, case you, know, like.
Speaker 2: Well this is they always convince each other to take special protections but never want it for themselves, exactly exactly totally, so So fernandez is, like, dog it was pretty cut and, dry like the guy came in From New jersey to use and eodeed And live keeps questioning, him like and the guy's, like, yeah but he had cash in his, wallet he had his, phone he had his.
Speaker 1: Watch like that's that's all evidence that somebody's not getting, rolled you. Know And fernandez doesn't, understand, like why are we fussing over this? Guy like WHEN i call this ex to notify, her she didn't even call me, back like nobody cared about this.
Speaker 3: Dude And lives, like WELL i. Did he was my.
Speaker 1: Brother and he. Apologizes he's, like oh, Shit i'm, sorry BUT i SWEAR i did this all by the. Book and Then, live you, know she's out of. There she goes and Gets simon's effects okay because his ex never picked them, up and it's his, watch his, phone his, wallet all in these evidence. Bags she takes the phone out and, WOW i need to find out what model phone this is because it does turn on after one year that it's been sitting in evidence, locker and it's pretty cool that that. Worked and the background is him holding his cute little, daughter and it's, weird Like olivia doesn't stay in touch with like her, Niece like this is like kind of an innocent little girl that.
Speaker 2: How MANY i wonder if the the like his girl his ext and.
Speaker 1: Care, yeah maybe she didn't want, to but like it's Like olivia has like no. FAMILY i would assume like she'd be Like, noah you and your cousin you and like your she would Be olivia's, niece so they would sort of be like a second cousin type of. Thing and she's having a flashback to when they ran into each other on the street and she was With noah and they set up a lunch date and he never showed up because he. Died and then she looks at his phone and she checks this unheard voicemail that's from her on his, phone and it's her responding to getting stood up at lunch and being, LIKE i knew this was a bad. Idea don't even bother calling me, back and you know, what don't ever call me, again like and it's a really harsh. Message so like liv listens to this message from herself and you, know it's like hard to, hear But finn walks in and lives LIKE i had.
Speaker 3: Been So i've spent like a.
Speaker 1: Year you're being so worried about him getting that, voicemail but it turns out he never got. It like So live like had to call his ex to get his password on the phone and she's, like, YEAH i talked After simon, passed and she asked me to handle the. Remains we were going to do a celebration of life scatter his, ashes but a few months went by and it never, happened and THEN covid. Hit and you, KNOW i think it's just like another thing about HOW covid just sort of like paused a lot of people's plans for random. Stuff and you, Know live didn't know that the that THE x never picked up his. Stuff so now luckily it's all sitting right there and she can investigate his final day on the.
Speaker 3: Planet and she tracked his last.
Speaker 1: Call you would think that the cops would at least look at who last called him or like, it you know WHAT i, Mean, like but, well, yeah you're right, maybe and it seems like they did and this, whatever so they tracked the LAST i, mean it's like.
Speaker 2: You're going to Some bordeaux, hotel some. Dude it is just like on the, bed there's drugs that, like what are? You, YEAH i don't THINK i think it was pretty open and. Shut, yeah you're, right you're.
Speaker 1: Right so they tracked the last call to this guy Named Edward, boduski and he's like a finance dude and lives, like, Girl i'm going to give you the same advice that you Gave, stabler like this is, Family, like you cannot interrogate This bodusky.
Speaker 3: Guy and she's, like, OH i know a fucked up. NAME i don't want to be talking About. BADUSKI i know it's.
Speaker 1: WEIRD i don't really get their. Names i've never seen this name before in my, Life. Bodusky but we cut To finn And kat Obviously live sent them to do the work talking to this Guy baduski at his like finance bro.
Speaker 3: Office say his name one more, Time, OKAY i wadcast this.
Speaker 1: Over, okay we're, quitting, okay he tells. Them he tells, Them, YEAH i Was simon's na. Sponsor simon called me depressed thinking about USING i looked up a meeting for. Him LAST i heard he was headed back To New jersey and then they show him the girls on the that they've got photos of from the security, footage and he's, like, YEAH i don't know these. Girls And finn has gotten a text during this whole exchange and is kind of rushing them. Out And, mulhall the, guy the security guy from the very first hotel Where hobby was, found he's got a buddy at another dive hotel that said a guy was just found odeing and he was partying with three sex, workers, white black And.
Speaker 3: Asian but this guy is.
Speaker 1: Alive So kat asks, like you, know should we call live And finn, goes let's hold off and. Okay now at the, hotel the security guy's, like this has never. HAPPENED i run a good hotel that's by the, hour you. Know and then he's like it's Doctor, linderman wonderful. Man ladies love. Him it's not that weird that he's there with these three. Ladies and so when they get to the, room the EMTs say that the doc was giving himself narcan when they got, there and the doctor is kind of, annoyed, like, buddy you called the. Security like the security, guard he's, like why'd you call the cops, like and they're, LIKE i thought you Were he's, LIKE i thought you were. Dying so they got to get the doctor to the. Hospital And finn's, Like finn, goes, okay now we call. LIVE i don't really get why now we call but you know, Whatever but Doctor Walter underman is a renowned pediatric.
Speaker 2: Neurosurg suspicious to be, like why would you call the? Cops maybe that's what does?
Speaker 3: It, WELL.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Know it's like domian, NO i just.
Speaker 1: Mean like They kat was, like should we call live and tell her what we found out at that guy's, office that guy whose NAME i can't. Say and Then finn's like hold. Off and then they find the pediatrician And finn's, like, okay now let's call. IT i don't really get, Why like like what why? Now Now it's like the pediatrician is three makes a, pattern the rule of threes in. COMEDY i don't really. Know but Doctor Walter linderman is a renowned pediatric neurosurgeon At, mercy teaches At hudson Look out And cariese's, like why the fuck is this dude at a drug? Hotel and he fits the. Profile he's got a lot to, lose you. Know and now we're in a meeting With linderman and his, lawyer AND i sort of love his. Lawyer she's like, very very confident and no, bullshit and she's, like JUST fyi my. Cut my client is a, victim and he will cooperate in exchange for full.
Speaker 3: Immunity like she. Knows she's not there to fuck.
Speaker 1: Around and they told they show him the girls and tell, him, well these are they're wanted for three drug facilitated. Murders and he's, like there's no, way not those precious. Angels you've got them all. Wrong he, goes those are friends of, mine they're good. People he's, like my job is. STRESSFUL i needed to blow off. Steam we were just. Partying they didn't slip me. Anything it was just stronger stuff than What i'm used. To and the lawyer is like but the lawyer goes and they were not his, drugs and then everybody that's everybody's favorite line in this. Episode these were not my, drugs AND i did not supply the, drugs so who got?
Speaker 3: Them and the.
Speaker 1: Lawyer, goes this is starting to feel, adversarial and they're, like, okay, well we're gonna maybe leak the story to the, press And linderman's, like no one will believe, it and Then live, goes your wife, might and now he's. Listening, Okay they're, like we need you to id these, girls and he, GOES i might have a contact for one of. Them so we cut to the blonde girl running out to a car to a quick ride again And Louis vuitton. Baggage she's Got Louis vuitton bags on her as. Well It's piper And finn And cat are there to arrest her ass and she tries to make a run for it and, Goes, felix let's, go but the driver, GOES i don't even know this, girl LIKE i just drive for quick. Ride and it's, like, yeah that should have been a huge sign right away because nobody knows their uber. Driver nobody's gonna say to the uber Driver, felix let's, go you, know AND i don't buy.
Speaker 2: IT i saw a clip From Amie poehler's podcast With Seth, myers and he told a story that has happened to me where you get into a car and you.
Speaker 3: Go oh my, GOD i had you, Yesterday like.
Speaker 2: How cool and he, goes this driver could not care less at, all AND i was, like that's happening before WHERE i got in a.
Speaker 3: CAR i, go oh my, god, dude it's. You of course we're. NOTHING i don't.
Speaker 1: Care, yeah you're a Fair so this, GUY i don't buy. That this guy's just a quick ride. Driver AND i don't Think finn does. Either but you, know flag that for follow. Up in the holding room, Now piper has written lawyer in lipstick in huge letters on the two way glass and then sealed it with a little. Kiss she's looking really cocky for somebody who's been involved in three drug facilitated. Murders, okay she's a former club dancer From. Montreal she's got priors for, possessions soliciting an unlawful use of a credit. Card in her bag they found six men's, watches four college, rings ten k and, cash three burner, cells and a couple of little baggies of drugs That warner is.
Speaker 3: Testing so it's wild that she's like a, lawyer please, babies.
Speaker 1: Because, like you definitely have priors and you've got a lot of sketchy shit in your. Bag her tablet has a file on it Called insurance and in it is selfies With Landry Hovey linderman and others Including Lisa Plug Your, Ears Edward bodski In october of twenty nineteen And Done. Done simon is in the picture with the. Girls he's right in the, back AND i knew that that little freak was lying when he's, like, YEAH i just looked up a meeting For simon and let him. GO i kind OF i could sense so at his. Office, yeah but also we're all, like, Oh olivia's. Nuts she's in, mourning but she was onto.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: Yeah they kind of never Let olivia just be straight. Nuts she's always kind of she might be like two nuts in her, methods but she's always onto, something you. Know so at his, office this guy's still trying to play. Innocent they go back to the guy that's in the picture With simon and they're still trying to play he's playing, innocent and then they flash him the photo and he's, Like i'm a Good. SAMARITAN i called nine one. One they were their, drugs not. Mine and then he admits that him And simon knew each other in high. School they had coffee that day and he felt bad For. Simon he's, LIKE i was going to loan in some, money and Like simon kept being, like why do you have so? Much AND i have? Nothing and like he, goes it's not you, Know simon is just as smart as. Me he just made some bad. Decisions And i'm, like, Yeah simon's made a lot of dumb, decisions like kidnapping his own child when like there was a custody thing going. On, Like he's done a lot of stupid shit That olivia's had to bail him out.
Speaker 2: Of so, NO i have never Liked simon as a. CHARACTER i don't. THINK i don't like that he you, know dead in a motel. Room but, YEAH i don't think he was any. Good he should have Left levella LIKE i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah so he's having lunch with his friend being like you get everything AND i have. Nothing there was that episode where oh there was the framing from the woman In New. Jersey that's, true that's, true there was the, Framing but this guy. GOES i knew IF i couldn't Help, SIMON i could at least lift his.
Speaker 2: MOOD i Had benson do in her life to be to be just haunted by these her son's. Annoying her brother's a, problem you, know her mom's a. Mess it's just like there's no one solid in. Her stabler ditched her for twelve years without speaking to. Her cassidy tried to fuck her over with the custody of her bad.
Speaker 1: Size, yes they can't let her be. HAPPY i think if the only thing that is given.
Speaker 2: Him by That Anthony, quinn it's just, like, yeah the Fuck Aiden.
Speaker 1: Quinn the only thing that they've given her is like a friendship With, rollins and then they took that away and are now giving it. Back like the only thing they gave her was like a solid female friend she could kind of rely.
Speaker 2: On she Loved, barbara and then he had to kill a, baby you, know yeah who had a low quality of.
Speaker 1: Life yeah, yeah she was buddies With. Stone he's out of. There, yeah like Every you're, right they cannot let her be. Happy they can't let her fuck like nothing.
Speaker 2: Can her journalist boyfriend ended up going to jail forever for not revealing.
Speaker 3: Sources you, know it's just, fuck they're all. Bad, yeah and we're not even.
Speaker 1: Talking her ex died. HER i think the love of her life died by you, know taking his own.
Speaker 2: Life and the thing that's wild is like we haven't even covered the criminals who have wronged. Her we're not talking about the, framings the full, rapes the, Cult, yeah Prison Mayam. Lewis the guys talk about the Good pete like. Her her support circle is who we're talking. ABOUT i, KNOW i. Know it's fucking. CRAZY theo had to kill unarmed. Teens it's like she can't just be blessed with one solid.
Speaker 6: Human no no her thinking who's just to? Pay, yeah they think It's, noah but it's he's. Annoying but, okay so.
Speaker 1: This guy's, like, LOOK i FIGURED i could just at least try to change the guy's. MOOD i Knew piper from a strip. Club she and her friend met us at a. BAR i think her name Was. Daspina she was flirting With, simon making him feel. Good we end up at a. Motel they had party. Favors it was like NOTHING i had ever done. Before we both pass. Out WHEN i wake, up the girls are, gone and WHEN i go to wake Up, simon he's ice cold on the. BED i put his clothes back on him AND i cleaned up the room and then lives like you just left him, there and she's, LIKE i called nine one, one but he was, Dead LIKE i have a wife and, kids and he, GOES i know this sounds, bad but ALL i could tell myself is That simon died. Happy he had one last good time and that does not make live feel.
Speaker 2: Better as she walks out, office kids don't have a, father just but he got to.
Speaker 3: Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we're at the top Of act four, now and if you think this episode's wrapping up cleanly anytime, soon you're.
Speaker 3: INCORRECT i can't believe.
Speaker 2: We're An act four because, truly so much still has to.
Speaker 3: Happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they're doing a lineup of girls and our Guy bodusky. Easily Id's, daspina the manager from The, Mulan Id's, jade The asian, girl the manager who loves the pediatric.
Speaker 3: Surgeon He Id's.
Speaker 1: Piper so that's all three girls getting id'd like they were all involved in the big bang three of these big bang. Bong, yeah we got three of, THEM caresi, says time to. Play let's make a. Deal so Now finn's talking To, piper who's, like these guys were my. FRIENDS i wouldn't hurt. Them they gave me their and like the wings and the, watches they gave me those, things like do you what would you do with a men's college, ring? Ma'am And finn's, like you're gonna go away for three counts of man two And piper's lawyer is, like it's time to give. Up who gave you the? Drugs so Now kat is talking To daspina and she's, like those guys got plenty for their.
Speaker 3: MONEY i, Mean i'm sorry they, died but that's not my. Fault it's like.
Speaker 1: Wild she's, like, listen we gave them a great. Time if that's how you go, out good for, them you. Know and they're, like you're looking at forty five years in. Jail who brought the? Drugs and now we cut To jade and they've clearly both the other girls have Named, jade and she Says piper And despina are lying. Whores they got these guys. Wasted i'm just along for the. PARTY i have no clue where the drugs came. From and they're, like, well we have texts to, you to somebody that say this batch IS.
Speaker 3: NG i tried to google what that, means you, KNOW.
Speaker 1: Ng, yeah no. Good maybe oh MAYBE i don't. Know this batch is. Ng people are dropping And she's just like, deny, deny. Deny she's like, no LIKE i never, WROTE i never said that. Whatever And kat's, like, listen one death is one, thing two deaths and now like three cases. Total come, on help. YOURSELF pipera And despina are gonna roll on. You and there's got to be someone you can kick this back. To and this girl is like super. Tough she's like. Badass she's, LIKE i don't kick back to or depend on. Anyone my, mind my, body my. Daughter that's ALL i got in this. World and that's ALL i have to. Say and you know they're watching her through the glass and they, like, wow, yeah this girl's tough and she must be covering for like a dealer or a.
Speaker 3: Pimp melinda pops in just like the.
Speaker 1: Good old, days when the days where she likes to get a little breather from the morgue and she's got some old fashioned talk screen results that could have easily been. Texted she goes all three of these guys were dosed with the same bad. Batch one Of piper's bags was a match to, it And vice is very familiar with this drug called Purple, magic which is like oxy fent AND mdma mixed, together but this batch had a higher dose of. Fentanyl so someone is clearly out there making their own shit and trying to pass it off as purple. Magic melinda points out that THE oc has been Tracking Purple magic for a. While you should check with anyone you know over, there, live you know anyone over, there like Obviously stabler is over. There so now at The, Mulan Stabler live And finn are at the room Where Simon. Odd stabler explains That, wheatlet who is played By dylan, McDermott he's the main bad guy in seasons one and two OF oc and the guy who is responsible for Killing, kathy like whether like you, know he's the guy That stabler's almost positive ordered the hit On. Kathy whoever placed the bomb or, not it doesn't. Matter it was At richard's Like wheatley's. Orders and he does have a legit business making oxy like he has companies that make, pharmaceuticals but his side business is to add fedicinel to it and pedal it as purple. Magic he is a very sketchy businessman like he's that's why they follow him in o. S it's like he has legitimate businesses and he probably makes a shit ton of money on legitimate, businesses but he's like an evil guy that just like. That he does, trafficking he murders. People he's just very. Mobby and they're, like, Well wheatley wouldn't want dead, bodies so maybe this is a rival gang or. Something then gets a call From taru they got something off piper snapchat and it's fucking. Insane, okay it's literally all the girls in the room with the dusky guy And simon lying face down on the. Bed they're all talking about stashes and shit like. That and just As i'm, thinking how stupid is this bitch to be snapping her literal, crimes a guy in the video, Goes, piper how stupid are? You delete that? Now and then the last the last shot of the video is a shot Of Done Done, felix the Quick ride. Driver he's not the driver, obviously he's a dealer and he drives the girls, around but.
Speaker 2: He's also like one of the hottest men we've ever seen on the. Show, yeah you know WHAT i, Mean he's, cute not that they aren't sexy uber. Drivers i'm, sure but like this, guy YEAH i don't. Know, yeah, YEAH i didn't buy.
Speaker 1: It it definitely stuck out and we better find, him they, think Before wheatley. Does, Okay so now they're in lock up talking To. JADE i, mean she's in an orange. JUMPSUIT i don't know if she's like in holding before cort or, whatever but she's there with her lawyer and she really starts spilling when they show her this little.
Speaker 3: Snapchat, okay like she's, like, ugh dumb, Bitch.
Speaker 1: LIKE i knew she was gonna like fuck it all, up and the lawyer is, like and then she goes save it legal. Aids so she's really not respecting her lawyer in any. Way she's not afraid of, feelings she.
Speaker 3: SAYS i MEAN i think she's a bad, person but, yeah but SHE'S I, Sam, yeah she's not afraid Of.
Speaker 1: Felix she knows. Things and they're, like so why protect? Him and Then live figures it all out because he is her daughter's. Father your baby daddy has been ripping off the wrong, guys and he's safer with us than he is on the. Street And jade's like does anybody buy that? Bullshit like she's really like not here for the, cops like you, know trying to quote unquote help, her and lives, LIKE i get, it you're, tough And jade goes started from the bottom And live, goes but you're here, now like you're Not drake singing the. Song you're in, jail so it's not, good like liv, Goes, Listen, jady you're not getting out of here anytime. Soon and why are you looking out For felix when he's not looking out for, you, Babe and she, Goes, No felix Loves. Gianna Loves, gianna that's their. Daughter he would never hurt. Her, sure but the crew that he's been screwing, over Meaning wheatley's like whole. Crew they're big, time like their, traffickers they're murderers like they kill. Whoever like we may not be able to help, you but we can help your, daughter you.
Speaker 3: Know great, manipulation, RIGHT i was.
Speaker 1: Good, Yeah so next thing we See felix is, in, right she led them right To. Felix he's getting hauled. In they lay it all out for. Him they're, like tell us you supply who supplies? You and he, goes why don't you just shoot me right? Here Like i'm not fucking doing, that and they're, like, well you're dead on the, street you're dead in prison, Too so you basically have one, option and the option is work for us and wear a wire and like go undercover. Essentially so we cut To felix wearing a wire talking to this main guy from his.
Speaker 3: Cartel do you wear a?
Speaker 2: Wire like of everything we've watched on this, show like would you? Risk would you do? IT i mean if it was they wouldn't give you a. Chance not with these type.
Speaker 1: Of, people like these kind of Guy LIKE i would like in some other, circumstances like remember there was like the guy that like they had to wear a wire to be, like hey tell us how you use hypnosis to rape? Girls like how'd you do?
Speaker 3: That or?
Speaker 1: Whatever Like i'd wear a kind of fact finding, wire but, like like not with these guys like loose, rapists, yes rapists that are like cowards and, assholes not like mob guys that will fucking kill you in a second and probably pat you down when they meet with. You you, Know like they're also trusting these guys to do a lot of heavy, acting Like felix is in there talking to the main, guy and like he can obviously Tell felix's. Wired he, goes, oh so you're here to warn me about a, problem but the cops just let you, Go, okay, bye see you. Later and then they just Like he's, like you don't want any more, info and then they're, like, nope you can go, now and like obviously they know he's working with the. Cops so he starts walking out and they're like under.
Speaker 3: Scaffolding there's guy they're walking.
Speaker 1: On a street THAT i know is real In New york called Like Les, bernard but it's like seems like a weird.
Speaker 3: Name it's not a popular name of a.
Speaker 1: Street and there's guys with Like matt semi masked faces on bikes kind of coming towards. Him Like felix is starting to know what's. Up he doubles. Back the cops in the car can tell something's going. On they're all watching this. Happen they are not making any moves to stop anything from. Happening and then a masked guy on a bike just ten minutes with it. By within minutes of him walking, OUT i would say ninety seconds max of him walking out and just Shoots felix straight up right in the, head like he's. Dead, uh this guy shot a. Guy this This these guys were like shoot this guy in the middle of the day in front of cops that are probably watching. Him and the guy was, like no, problem, sir and did? It, well that's my. Thing where are these guys hiding? Out are they just on bikes ready to? Go like they were ready to? Go like are they just in a garage or when do they get the okay to like come?
Speaker 3: Gallop like where are? They?
Speaker 2: No are they living in the crime? House are they around the? Block are they like fake delivery? Guys like it's just it's all, yeah.
Speaker 1: They were ready for the signal because this guy was dead within like he took three breaths after leaving.
Speaker 3: The place and was.
Speaker 1: Dead and then these guys all on the street start everybody starts shooting and they're shooting at the cop cars and the episode ends with the back Of stabler's bald. Head he's slumped over with a huge ass bullet hole in the. Windshield spoiler, Alert stabler. Lives, EVERYBODY i, know we don't think that that's actually going to kill, Him but then we get to a we get it to be continued into A Dick Wolf, Baby and this is part one of a crossover episode WITH. Oc LIKE i said, this the second, part if you're, interested is on THE. Oc it's called An Inferior. Product the episode in An Inferior product is directed By Eric. Lacel and essentially this EPISODE i read a recap of it BECAUSE i did watch it but years, ago AND i just recently read a. Recap they, bring you, know they Get, Jaden gianna has to be like extricated from an uncle who's like also involved in this, crime all kinds of, stuff BUT i Think gianna ends up. Okay but essentially the purple magic stuff all leads back to this other. Crew and what we find out at the end of this episode that's actually huge is if you were watching oh see that, Season Richard wheatley's ex, Wife, angela who's like a college professor or. Something she And stabler kiss in this. Episode they've got something going, on so they. Kiss i'm Sure bensler fans are, kissed because what the Fuck he's supposed to be Kissing. Olivia he kisses this. Woman then at the end of this, episode he finds out that this woman is the one that issued the hit On. Kathy angela is the one that issued the hit On. Kathy that's a sick. Bench you find out later that it's because she Thought stabler killed her son and she wanted him to suffer the way she.
Speaker 3: Suffered But staler didn't kill her.
Speaker 1: Son so This kathy died for fucking no reason and except, to you, know give everybody the idea that maybe him And olivia are going.
Speaker 3: To end up. Together but that's. It that's the end of Trick roll at The.
Speaker 1: Milan and if you want the second half of what happens with all the purple magic and, whatever it's in this episode of THE. Oc but you, Know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you did that BECAUSE i Started Born psychopath is the next, episode because THEN i was, like why would they skip an?
Speaker 3: Episode what's going?
Speaker 2: On and it took me like thirty seconds to be like the fucking, Ocean oh, yeah, yeah, Yeah SO i was waiting for you to tell me what.
Speaker 3: Happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it's like and it has to do all like it was basically the drug thing is all just tying it Into Richard wheatley's, Shit AND i think in the end it's like he might be making the shit that's killing PEOPLE i don't even. Remember but it's all involved in that episode and not that.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Honestly the twist at the end of that episode is really kind of the big meat but thank. You, well, listen we can roll right into. This let's roll right into some, crime.
Speaker 2: Baby so obviously or obviously it's based On, hustlers the, movie which is based on A New york magazine, article and there's a lot of stories to. That this, one this crime was really hard to. Research everything was behind a, paywall tiny, whatever BUT i put stuff.
Speaker 3: Together it's not some of my best.
Speaker 2: Work but, anyways there's a smaller crime before the meaty, crime but it is pretty on the money in terms of, stuff just even more. Violent, okay so there's three dead. Men, okay, here this is my log line for the. Crime three dead, men Two john's and a boyfriend and another random couple women.
Speaker 3: Shot okay is that? Exciting tell me? More all?
Speaker 2: Right, so The Ashanti, Dorsey Kiara, williams And kiera's Boyfriend Cameron. Jones they're the main kind of crew and they were setting up robberies through an online escort service and then there's a lot of robberies that didn't end up in. Death you, know like men were trying to play, games but like the men were kept being, like, No i've just been, carjacked and they're, like, well it seems like this escort phone numbers in your, phone and so they all these, guys you, know you play stupid, games you win stupid. Prizes you don't know what these guys. Want but maybe that's why everything should be. Legal so, yeah like.
Speaker 3: You, know they were doing a.
Speaker 2: Scam you, know Like december, thirteenth twenty, eighteen there was a man Named Abrahim degaga and he reported a carjacking and so then he like admitted to, everything and he said that he was brought to this abandoned apartment and That jones And williams so Like kiera and her, boyfriend robbed an assaulted him at, gunpoint took his, wallet, phone and two unique.
Speaker 3: Watches, okay like the.
Speaker 2: Episode they tried to put him in the trunk of HIS, bmw but there were too many speakers in there and so he was not able to. Fit so he was able to, escape which was really. Exciting and then THE bmw was eventually found With williams And jones fingerprints all over, it and in the trunk they found AN id for another man Named Mario, edwards who happened to be their next. Victim he was A FedEx employee and was reported missing In Newton. County so they Lured Mario edwards into the same apartment as. Before and this Isn't Clayton county In. Georgia and two of the women were sex, workers so it was both the, Women ashanti And, kira and you know This cameron. Guy they all began assaulting him, immediately and that's according to the COUNTY'S da. Office and then so Then kiara beats this dude with a, gun and then her boyfriend starts like beating him with a. Taser but that's so funny to like beat people with a taser and not just tase. Them but, okay so they're beating them with these. Items and then they took this guy's, wallet, phone, cash and car. Keys and so after they robbed him for some, Reason Ashanti dorsey shot him in the stomach and he had internal bleeding and he died slowly as they ran. Away so that shooting Of mario Happened december, nineteenth twenty, eighteen and he was found two days. Later On december twenty, first Both williams And dorsey were charged with the murder Of Mario. Edwards dorsey also got charged with the murder of her, boyfriend and that actually Happened january. Second his name Is Dontavius Maurice morrison and she killed him during an. Argument and then On january, third a man who is forty six years, Old Roderic, crawford who was From, barnesville he was shot to death And williams And jones are charged for that. Murder so you can see how there's just like all of these things happening in two months that are all NOT i don't know what was up with these. People like the carjackings, happened but then they're shooting, boyfriends they're killing random other, people they're being, salapi their fingerprints are.
Speaker 3: Everywhere it's, like what the fuck are you guys.
Speaker 1: Doing maybe they're, high because it's, like, yeah you're not even trying to cover your tracks that.
Speaker 3: Much, No and so you know they were charged with.
Speaker 2: That like the boyfriend and girlfriend were charged with aggravated, assault, kidnapping and possession of a Firearm on top of the. Murder so, now so, Now roderick was a father of four and he was killed in an suv and then they found him behind a mobile home In Upsoon county after his family like reported him.
Speaker 3: Missing but the thing is, like this is what's.
Speaker 2: Fucked So crawford's forty six years, old he has you, know four, children he's, married his family's looking for. Him he contacted an eighteen year old to escort through a. Website so it's, LIKE i don't, know obviously, sad you don't deserve to, die but you're close to fifty and you're meeting up with an eighteen year.
Speaker 1: OLD i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah it sucks you were shot to, death but what the fuck are you doing? NOW i feel like victim blaming like a lot of the gender like what ifs or swaps are?
Speaker 3: Real are? Real? Here Because i'm just, like what did you, want? Sir? Yeah BUT i would never blame like a teen who met a man off the. Internet i'd be, like you know WHAT i, mean BUT i guess that's a.
Speaker 2: Teen, yeah you're gonna go hire an eighteen year old sex. Worker so basically like they're in the car and then he is, like, Wait i'm getting. Carjacked there's a, fight and that's how he got. Shot he was shot in the back of the.
Speaker 1: Head oh my.
Speaker 2: God and so his family reported missing and he was found in this. Car so Then williams was charged with The crawford crimes and The edward crimes as. Well and then Both williams and her boyfriend pled guilty to the murder of the forty six year Olds. Crawford so Both williams and her boyfriend pled guilty to the murder Of. CRAWFORD i wrote something rude. Here that's Why i'm like. STUTTERING i was like to the old man that was soliciting teens for.
Speaker 3: Sex BUT.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe they lied about their, age like maybe he thought he was, me like a twenty. SOMETHING i don't. Know Now i'm giving a benefit of the doubt to a guy that probably was truly trying to meet a.
Speaker 3: TEEN i don't but, eighteen because it's, like how old are your four, kids? Sir, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 2: Know kira was nineteen And cameron was twenty, one by the, way and they were sentenced to life in. Prison and Then ashanti was on the lamb and she ended up being the first woman on the most wanted list In Clayton, County so you, know cool boss. Bitch besides the two, men she also shot two women that did survive, Also like so WHAT i, mean like they all went? Crazy, Yeah and this was In june twenty, eighteen before all the murders and stuff In, december and that actually led to a high speed chase and like they couldn't get. Her and So november twenty twenty, Four shanty was finally found guilty of all these twenty eighteen murders and crazy, things and she was sentenced to life in, prison but with the possibility of, parole but then also a consecutive five years after the life in. Prison So i'm not really. Sure there's just so many crimes and not that many. Answers maybe you, know it's this was all local. News there wasn't like and a lot of these websites looked shady as, Fuck i'll be, Honest, yeah like weird. Sources i'm, LIKE i guess you're a, newspaper BUT i don't know why your, form what's formed like? THIS i don't, know but it just seems like these young sex workers it started out robbing and then ended up in a lot of murders and now in prison. Forever so that was really. Upsetting and then, so LIKE i, said, so in twenty, nineteen this Movie hustlers came. OUT i was actually In london when it came, out AND i saw it there In london with a group of, friends AND i remember enjoying. Myself and it's based on this twenty Fifteen New york magazine. Article the article is Called The hustlers At scores and it was written By Jessica, presler and they call it a modern Robin hood. Story but it's like the strippers stole for mostly rich men and gross men and then gave it to, themselves so like not Really robinhood in any.
Speaker 1: Capacity but it is interesting that they talk about this one of the victims in this episode as a Robin hood, Too like they bring that, up you, know like this is supposed to be a Modern robinhood. Story they call this guy a Modern robinhood because he steals from hedge fund guys and gives to we never find, Out LIKE i don't, know but they stealing for, themselves but they. Are they're, like you, know at least in the, movie they're, like we're just. Hustling you, know we're just trying to move our way.
Speaker 2: Up, well, yeah because that's the, thing and they talk about it through this. Article but they're like as, strippers they know who these men really, are so they don't respect these. Men they think they're. Trash they're disgusting and they deserve. It they're, evil bad men and they know it firsthand and so. That but then of course there's people that like end up having children with special needs and losing mortgages and like getting to you, know like people do have real life consequences to what happened to them and having their money stolen from. Them but at the end of the, day these women really didn't see these men with full humanity because they were traded so poorly by, them and they're all lying to their, wives they're all spending all this, money like they're all doing drugs every night there so.
Speaker 3: And probably treating these women like, property you. Know, yes so.
Speaker 2: Yeah so the main Person Rosalind, keo and she likes to be known As.
Speaker 3: Rosie she grew. UP i love a strong woman Named. Rosie, yeah this woman's a.
Speaker 2: Psychopath, okay so she grew.
Speaker 1: Up, Okay i'm listening In Rockland.
Speaker 2: County she was always a wild, child ran with a tough. Crowd she was raised By cambodian, refugees And The cut does mention her family did not comment on the article at. All and Then The cut also wrote she is an admitted liar with multiple pending felony.
Speaker 3: Charges so but they, wrote but she is the center of the.
Speaker 2: Story so like this is from her, perspective like the. Girl the writer spending a lot of time with, her but she no one else really commented on the, story and she she's a.
Speaker 3: Psycho, okay you'll.
Speaker 1: SEE i feel like this sort of kicked off a lot of movies coming from, articles you, know like a lot of, That Like hustlers was, like oh, yeah it came from This cut article Or New York magazine, article and Like.
Speaker 2: Nana, DELVI i actually had a general meeting like last year with A Conde nast person and that's their job actually is to like find the articles and A Condy nast stuff and develop for t which is, yeah, yeah so it's definitely a. Heyday, yeah the, ARTICLES i wonder When i'm so curious about the journey of.
Speaker 1: Like The, gypsy Like gypsy's whole STORY i feel like came from an article Like Gypsy rose because now people are, like the joke is it's easier to write a book and then buy THE ip and then make A tv show from this.
Speaker 2: Book that even if you don't want to write a, book then just having an original, thing even if the book doesn't do, good like it gets.
Speaker 3: OPTIONED i don't, know it's IT'S i don't.
Speaker 2: Know i'm glad writers are making money because it's hard to do, it but it seems, weird but people aren't just BUYING tv. Shows, yeah but we have really good magazines with such good right like.
Speaker 3: Articles it's like.
Speaker 1: Impressive every TIME i read like a big article in Like The atlantic Or The New, Yorker i'm, like they're going to make a movie out of. That like you, know WHEN i write one of these long like continue on page, one d and thirty, eight you know, Articles i'm, like this is.
Speaker 3: Going to be a. Movie you, know one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent we've got some great journalists out there hustling for the. Story the.
Speaker 2: Story so her parents kind they did leave her to go To Atlantic, city it's not and they left her and her brother to be raised by her. Grandparents so at, seventeen she drops out of school and becomes in a like starts waiting at a diner and then all these like employees From Lace Gentleman's club would come in and they would tip so much and they all had. Money and then the manager looked her up and down and, said you should come buy the.
Speaker 3: Club you can make way more money. There and she Loved.
Speaker 2: Lace she was making five hundred dollars to one thousand dollars a, night and so then she's, like screw, This, Like i'm going Into.
Speaker 3: Manhattan that's where the real money.
Speaker 2: Is so she started going to all these clubs In manhattan making money fun strip times and she meets this woman Named Samantha fox Born Samantha, barbash and she's a single mother from The bronx who started dancing at nineteen and is now in her. Thirties and this Is Jennifer lopez in the Movie If You're, wondering And rosie Is Constance, Woo and so maybe you would, assume, like, oh maybe strippers are competitive with each, other but she said it's actually better to work. Together these guys like having lots of girls at a time and like you have to protect each other and, so and everyone wanted to work With samanna because she's been in the game for a long, time so she had a lot of she had a rolodex of. Clients she had a lot of, clients and she just knew the game really. Well so people wanted to be in her. Circles and LIKE i, said so these men are. Assholes they're, rich and they're happy to cheat on their. Wives and So rosie is, LIKE i grew to have contempt for these. MEN i stopped believing men were real and that they were just there to manipulate and take money from and.
Speaker 3: That's the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, like so when the dude is an, asshole it's actually, better she, says like a man who thinks you're trash and then you make him want to spend his time and money on.
Speaker 3: You so is this like a lot of power.
Speaker 2: Games are happening where these men are like, truly LIKE i have power over you BECAUSE i have money and you're a dumb. Bitch and then the women are, LIKE i am truly manipulating you with my pussy and you're not gonna you're gonna lose your.
Speaker 3: Family, actually so it's.
Speaker 2: Interesting but then she of course has a you, know a baby with her on, again off again, boyfriend and so that sucks for, her and she's home for a couple of, years and then she hates the boyfriend and she's, LIKE i need to make money. Again LIKE i can't just be here with the baby with this shitty. BOYFRIEND i need to make my own money and get the fuck out of. Here so she starts stripping again because that is a lot of. Money but uh, oh now it's post two thousand and, eight you, know financial stuffs. Different a lot of people lost their, money so what are we gonna? Do and then she goes new girls came in and they were giving blowjobs for three hundred dollars and she's, Like i'm not fucking doing. That but she Noticed samantha was still there and like she had a bunch of women around her And, Lily Ryan hurt And Keiki palmer are these other women in the.
Speaker 1: Movie and they were making still a.
Speaker 2: Ton of, money but they weren't working very hard and they did they weren't having sex with these. Guys so she's, like what's going? ON i want In so what the gig was Was samantha and her. Girls Karina pascucci that's too. CHI i, mean like the respect we do have for like crimes and victim and, research and then the DISRESPECT i have for anyone's, Name LIKE i will not pronounce your, name like you could be a true veteran win AND i will not learn how to say your.
Speaker 3: NAME i can't do. IT i don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is But Karina pascucci And Marc rosen and so they would message people On samantha's client lists and like invite them, out let's have, dinners let's, drink and then they would steer them towards the clubs where they got a percentage of the men's, spending so they would max the cards, out like that was the whole. Thing and they had one spot In queen's Called, roadhouse and it was managed by a Woman Carmine, vitola who eventually did plead guilty to unlawfully charging the credit cards of two. Customers but so like they would bring them to The roadhouse and all these other clubs and then take the credit cards like let's, Party, daddy and charge charge, charge and then like earn money off of that without having a strip dance or fuck these.
Speaker 3: Dudes and so that's like that is a pretty cool. Thing but sometimes the men are tired or they're, losers so to keep them spending, money they did start drugging the. Men so that's kind of what.
Speaker 2: Happens oh, wait are you not gonna Do, wait we're gonna drug.
Speaker 1: You this would be a lot easier if you were.
Speaker 3: On the edge of. Consciousness, Yeah So.
Speaker 2: Samantha's innovation was spiking drinks WITH mdma and. Ketamine she SAID mdma made them happy and ketamine fucked up their. Memory so, yeah per. Perfect rosie treated it like a real. Job and you, know she she was a spreadsheet girl like. You she had business saclement is that florid? Aclament, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You got it's a that's a good.
Speaker 2: Word, yeah it's, so you, know she made lists of clients and what she had been taking from, them who wanted, sex who did?
Speaker 3: It and a lot of them wanted.
Speaker 2: Sex so they started outsourcing to sex workers that they found on backpage And.
Speaker 3: Craigslist so now they're kind of.
Speaker 2: Pimps they're, madams their, accountants their, clients they're like they're working on. Commission there's just like a lot going. On and so they Said rosie's Business samantha's people skills business was, booming but the other dancers caught onto the. Market the market got, saturated so the girls had to. Pivot they realized men just wanted to be around. Strippers they didn't have to be in a strip. Club so the next thing was like you know so, yeah so it was a lot of hanging out and it, grew it, grew and then you can go lots of different, places especially if you're outsourcing to all these sex. Workers but this is where the women started, arguing Because samantha's, Like i'll hire whatever girl and this this is like a part of the. Movie and Then rosie's, like we can't trust these. Addicts so, Yeah rosie's like we can't just have these ransom, girls like we need people we can trust, too have. Loyalty and then she goes people who have morals and, principles which is like very, funny and that's something that you see throughout the article where she thinks she's like different than, them better than, them morally, Superior like what do you mean people with morals and principles that are willing to rob in drug?
Speaker 3: Men, yeah just if you do drugs, yourself you're like.
Speaker 2: Bad, Yeah so her big thing is, like we stop hiring people we can't, trust like chill the fuck.
Speaker 3: Out but that's.
Speaker 2: It so now a lot of the regular, clients they've already been charged so, much tens of thousands of, dollars hundred thousands of, dollars like they were tapped out with those. People so now they don't even have their usual. Clients they have a bunch of random sex. Workers and then now they also just have a lot of random, men not client, men and so that means they're more unpredictable and you don't know them as.
Speaker 3: Well and the money was just never. Enough it was never.
Speaker 2: Enough so then they became increasingly reckless and, cruel which would be kind of like a fun name for two, hamsters.
Speaker 1: Reckless and.
Speaker 3: Cruel, yeah and they were fucking up people's lives who weren't rich financed cheating, losers but guys that are like down on their luck and just like, depressed but like do have mortgages and so and then they would wake up in their mortgage like, no it it was kind of. Wild but the cops of course never.
Speaker 2: Investigated they're, like, yeah sure you were drugged and spent too much at the strip. Club, okay, Dude, yeah but then one guy called and he, goes, NO i have, EVIDENCE i have, evidence done.
Speaker 3: Done there's a. Tape there's a.
Speaker 2: Tape so he taped a conversation he had with one of the perpetrators and he begged for answers and he got them on. Tape and when they got the girl from the, tape she confessed right away because she's not a loyal person and so then and, so, yeah she went, undercover and the girls knew that something was off because they went to the gans of hotel and she was just like rushing the, drugging giving him too, much just like being too aggressive or they're, like girl like.
Speaker 3: Relaxed so, obviously knock.
Speaker 2: Knock two men came in claiming to be hotel security to search their, stuff and they actually did not find anything because she kept the drugs in a mite all bottle and the security guards didn't want to go into the mite all bottle and so.
Speaker 1: You don't want to touch any period. Medication, yeah so they Left.
Speaker 2: Rosie but then like she was driving and she's LIKE i feel Like i'm being. Followed what the? Fuck And samantha's, like shut, up you're being, paranoid so they're. Driving they did get, away but the problem, is like the men.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Talk they didn't want to be, victims like men don't want to admit to being, victimized especially by, women and so and then the men that did come forward were made fun of The New York posts and different media outlets called someone a, boob a boob, idiot and, so like no one Wanted so it's like no one wanted to. Talk those who did talk did get made fun of in the, media but indictments did come within two months of The New York post. Article so The New York post article comes out in spring twenty, fourteen and it's About scores suing a doctor who is refusing to pay one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars Tab Jesus, Christ AND i know that sounds a lot like to, Us but in this cut, thing they were saying like dudes would spend like twenty thirty grand and it didn't mean anything to.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah AND i can see that twenty, thirty but like one thirty five that's like a fucking lot for a. Tab it's, like how are you doing? That like just cause LIKE i, know bottles of vodka four hundred.
Speaker 3: Bucks what is? That like.
Speaker 1: Five hundred bottles of. VODKA i just don't get. It it's a lot of lap.
Speaker 2: Dances, well because they were also saying, that like there's no ATMs that like, SCORES i, think and you had to do it with the bar and it was twenty. Percent you got charged either, way like so maybe that like getting cash to. Tip, YEAH i really don't know how you spend that much in a. Night but they were saying how, like, dude spending tens of thousands of dollars wasn't a lot because they would do it all the, time it with clients and, LIKE i don't. Know So june, ninth twenty, fourteen the cops Cornered samantha at AN atm in her, neighborhood then Got, karina Then, marci and Then rosie was. Last but also, like, girl don't talk to the. Cops So rosie's in there and they took her in and the cop, goes you're way too smart and pretty like how'd you get wrapped up in? This and she laughed in the back of the car and, said when this is all, Done i'll take you out for a, drink and his demeanor changed, immediately and he, GOES i would never take a drink from, you and she, responded don't, Worry, hunt you don't have no money.
Speaker 3: For me to. Take why would you say that to the.
Speaker 2: Cops, yeah so they have these four, victims so then they had four victims ready to. Testify they also tried to let the women know during questioning how this affected the, men like one man got fired because it was his corporate, card and so his corporate card got maxed. Out and then, like you're put on a list that tracks white collar. Crimes so even when he got other, jobs he was fired really quickly because he's on these like do not work like with this person.
Speaker 3: List and then the women were. Unmoved, Fully.
Speaker 2: Samantha, goes we're four hard working, women and because one hot shot doctor came, forward like, suddenly you, know we're taking this. Seriously they're all, scumbags all these, regulars they're losers and they like to have girls around. Them so, anyways guess who turns on.
Speaker 3: Them rosie's, yeah waiting for.
Speaker 2: It she's, Like i'm not like. THEM i have a, brain a, child and a. Future so she turned and in quote she wrote like the want of wanting is what's killing. Me but she said but also, said you, know hurt, people hurt, people and so those are her. Reasonings she wanted too much and also hurt, people hurt, people so those are her. Excuses she's Very Jax, TAYLOR I like that was the other thing after. Rehab jax just kept being, like it's not it's not an alcohol.
Speaker 3: Thing it's a control. THING i have ConTroll. Ishit it's. Rage it's actually rage and, control not, yeah you have a rage.
Speaker 1: Problem but it's like, okay but you're still like taping Your like you're still taping your family and people with rage problems shouldn't, drink like, yeah so, yeah so she was this is the best. Part so after being interviewed for the, cut like she would just call the reporter all the time to talk shit About.
Speaker 3: Samantha she like just wanted to shit.
Speaker 2: Chat so like it wasn't even official meetings to, write like she just kept calling This jessica girl all the. Time but the girls were desperate to avoid, jails so all of them were down to make. Deals koreina And marcy pled guilty to, conspiracy, assault and grand Larceny samantha also pled guilty to those, charges and Then rosie called this Reporter jessica and, goes, oh by the, way EVERYTHING i told you is fake and a, lie and they, go, well, no it's been corroborated by evidence in fact and other, people and she, goes, oh, NO i was lying the whole. Time you can publish, this but you have to tell people it's a fictional. Story it's. Fictional i'm saving myself AND i am out for. Myself she pled. Guilty she got five years, probation and she was able to keep all the money like no. Restitution samantha also got five years probation, deal but Then rosen And pascucci were not the masterminds got four months of week ends.
Speaker 3: In jail and then five years. Probation.
Speaker 2: Huh then you Know hustlers comes. Out rosie was at The Toronto International Film. Festival she's also serves at her LOCAL. Pta she's a stay at home mom and lives in the. Suburbs, okay she married like her, girl her baby's.
Speaker 3: Father.
Speaker 2: Okay So Hunter harris wrote an article For vulture and they were saying in, quotes even if she ran up my, Cards i'd still respond to her, text she's just the kind of person you want to keep talking, to so, like, YEAH i guess she's like charismatic and yeahn and everyone's just kind of okay with. It samantha has An, instagram she's out and about, guys and her bio Says queen Of Wall.
Speaker 3: Street she's a party.
Speaker 2: Girl she did try to sue the J low production company for forty million.
Speaker 3: Dollars it was.
Speaker 1: Dismissed oh, wow, Okay samantha party girl Of Wall. Street.
Speaker 2: Damn, YEAH i said she opened a, medspot but THEN i couldn't really find any midspot.
Speaker 1: Information, yeah, yeah that's interesting a medspot. Damn oh my. Gosh, Yeah. God that movie was such a big deal when it came, out Remember.
Speaker 2: HUSTLERS i do remember, it AND i remember the big deal in, excitement AND i think people were like Thinking jlo was going to get her like dudes in, acting but then instead it spiraled her into a career low she couldn't have ever dreamt. Us, yeah Both jlo And Katy perry not having good years at, all but also still.
Speaker 3: Fine and it's like you both seem like shitty to.
Speaker 2: People you're fighting nuns like people are it DOESN'T i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, well thank you for doing this in depth research on these rings of party girls and also.
Speaker 2: Murderers so let's talk about this because obviously there's a lightness to the to the Way i'm talking about the, crimes to the way they're being reported, on written, about and well not really the ones In atlanta. Area obviously people are serving life and and they deserve. That they shot people and, yeah killed. Them we're talking about. Hustlers so no one. DIED i guess no one, died and no one.
Speaker 1: Died and a lot of people that got taken advantage of had a lot of. MONEY i, MEAN i hate to hear like. That you, know somebody loses their mortgage over stuff like. That that's. Tough but like it sounds like the majority of the quote unquote victims in these situations were like had money to, lose if you.
Speaker 2: KNOW i, Know but we have to as a sexual assault podcast be firmly against drugging people against their, will of, course and they didn't serve any time in, prison and like that's why crazy to, me that's really. WILD i wonder if there's but also the articles fought like you, know like they like A rosie can look at a credit card and know what the limit is of that card by, weight by, touch like she knows all about credit, cards, Watches like that's what they're looking. For so some girls like to go TO Tja fridays find. People some people are going to highend. Places but you're looking for these things and you're looking into people's wallets and, like, yeah they just said this intimate knowledge of plastic and credit.
Speaker 1: Cards that's really. INTERESTING i, Mean rosie seems like a cartoon character in a lot of, ways and that's Why i'm all the claughing a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, yeah all the comments are like sociopath, narcissists and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, noah you absolutely should never drug.
Speaker 1: ANYBODY i think it's like but at the same, time it's.
Speaker 3: LIKE i don't.
Speaker 1: Know we focus on this podcast about people that are like drugging women and then sexually assaulting, them and these guys are getting a little bit of, molly a little bit of k which are drugs people do, recreationally and then having their credit cards run. UP i, MEAN i take it. SERIOUSLY i do think they should have gotten like jail time for, Sure BUT i think it's Like the reason we're talking about it a little bit more flippantly is just because it's like it's it's not as BECAUSE.
Speaker 2: I also wonder because if all of these establishments knew what was, HAPPENING i wonder if they couldn't litigate this or like take it all the, way because then THESE cd like THESE cd places have deals.
Speaker 1: With the Cops i'm assuming, right and sometimes deals with the. MOB i mean like it's, yeah LIKE i you, know shouldn't all these places be held responsible?
Speaker 3: Too and is that why these girls?
Speaker 1: Could but the way that they had, it the way that they had it set up with these girlies is like nothing really illegal is happening yet like they basically.
Speaker 3: That's the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing they're, like we do. Marketing it's. Promoters, yeah it's the same way as like In New. YORK i would sometimes get on a promoter's list WHEN i live there so THAT i could get into a club for like a bachelorette party or whatever IF i was planning to do, that, Right and THEN i would get text from these guys like every weekend like.
Speaker 3: Come sit at my, table come drink the bottles or.
Speaker 1: Whatever and it's, like, yeah if you're getting a kickback from the. Business then you're essentially just working as a. Promoter then if you're throwing a little bit of drugs into, it, Sure i'm sure the place is just looking the way because that's just. Partying that's just having more fun and spending more.
Speaker 2: Money, ALSO i just feel like these girls should have been, like, oh tonight's a, Loss it's, Fine like that's the whole. Thing like enough of them wanted a, Party like why did you have to drug the others and ruin their lives instead of being, like, UGH i guess it's like, waitressing like tonight's a Bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Exactly but, no because they got so addicted to the, money like the money the want of wanting is what she, says, right, like, yeah just like addicted to that. LIFESTYLE i think that's like what happens they show in the, movie, right Like constance wo gets so used to like all the bling and all the fucking cool shit that they're, wearing and you, know the expensive, life a lot of.
Speaker 3: Gucci, YEAH i know you're, addicted but the drug It, yeah the drugging, people.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i think they probably just thought we're not drugging, People we're just giving them some drugs to have a Good it's.
Speaker 2: Also, like all, right let's say normally you go to a strip club and you spend twenty thirty. Grand this time you spent Eighty who would believe you, That yeah you didn't remember you party too much with the. Strippers you're, like, fuck, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Gotta and THEN i could see why they were actually like juicing guys like, too because, yeah there's like super super rich people that are making more and more. Money but if you go out and you spend eighty, grand one hundred and thirty five, grand like that guy that wouldn't, Pay, like you're not going to the strip club for a little. Minute you're gonna need to take a, break you. KNOW i, think, yeah you won't have something that's too obvious for your, wife for your. BUSINESS i don't. KNOW i just feel like that's so that's so, wild and like people are where's?
Speaker 2: SCORES i don't know about the strip club locations in the.
Speaker 1: City, WELL i, know LIKE i used to work really close to The Hustler, club SO i knew we're.
Speaker 2: House, yeah there's LIKE i always passed some times. Scool i'm always passing, Them BUT i don't clock the names.
Speaker 1: Because they moved a lot of them out into like Uh Hell's. Kitchen, yeah but Also Queens scores, gentlemen Uh west twenty. Eighth, yeah it's like in meatpacking kind of or Like chelsea but like over but between you, know like between eleventh and. Tenth you know that's WHERE i used to.
Speaker 2: Live, well because a bunch of the guys used to love going To harlem or there was like one where that amateur night's On, thursday AND i really regret not, Going LIKE i want to go with someone who has a. TIME i, like, YEAH i was about to, SAY i like going with people who have a ton of.
Speaker 3: Money that's obvious what you want to do at at strip.
Speaker 1: CLUB i love hanging out with people with money At, yeah if they're giving you money to throw, it because that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing LIKE i do remember a TIME i JUST i kept, missing BUT i know people that had a lot of fun just getting stacks of money given to them to.
Speaker 3: Throw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah this IS i, mean Yeah, SCORES i mean this is like not far from LIKE ucb and stuff.
Speaker 3: Too, anyway thank you for doing all this.
Speaker 1: Research and we don't have a, guest so let's get right into.
Speaker 3: Our post obviously, Ethically i'm questioning.
Speaker 1: MYSELF i, MEAN i can't Believe olivia like just fully uncovered the truth but behind her half brother's murder casually in this episode while doing a crossover with about a full drug cartel involving another unit And.
Speaker 3: Stabler it's pretty wild she does at. All she does it.
Speaker 1: ALL i remember reading that article about The hustler girls like a while, ago BUT i completely forgot all of, it SO i was so happy to hear you recap it again for. Me and, UH i, mean we always talk about how we're in the golden age of the scammer and the girls you talk about in, this like the main girl in the, article The CONSTANCE wu character or. Whatever it's like. Classic it's like she's, like, oh by the, WAY i lied to you about all.
Speaker 3: This it's like not.
Speaker 1: Real it's, like, okay, Girl LIKE i don't. Know everybody's a fucking.
Speaker 2: Scammer, no there's just so many ways to Scare it's it's weird because there's so many more ways to get caught if you are a cheater, liar like the, internet digital, footprint like you're being, tracked all the, surveillance all of. That But also it's like the easiest time to scam as, well with all of the.
Speaker 1: Things so it's like but then also it's like you get, busted you go to, jail you get house, arrest you're, anadelvia you're On dancing with The, stars you're still like killing, it and you you've literally never had anything any any, wealth but now you're a person that people want to talk to and BE i don't, know people never enjoy.
Speaker 2: It like her Z way was uncomfortable Her dancing With. Stars she was voted out, First like she keeps doing these, things but she's just like like tolerated for camp or something like, That like it's like silly to be around.
Speaker 3: Her and THEN i guess if.
Speaker 1: You're a real like.
Speaker 2: Glabor, on Maybe i'll continue hanging out with, Her LIKE i don't, know, yeah but it is because Like Scam goddess was a fun. Show, yeah people will be Scamming, crypto.
Speaker 1: BUT i, guess like WHAT i away from this episode also is like if your friend comes to you and they're uh struggling with their, sobriety don't be, like let's party and just make you feel, better, buddy you, know BECAUSE i think we would Still olivia would still have a half. Brother although you, KNOW i don't really love the. CHARACTER i can say that because these are not real. People but with the, guys it's like with the postmortem of the real life. Story it's like at least with the hustler is part of. It it's like watch. OUT i, mean don't get if you've got a credit card with that high of a limit on, it don't do DON'T i don't, know have somebody come with you and be your sober, companion because you should not be like getting so blocked. Out, yeah well maybe men cover their.
Speaker 2: Drinks cover your, drinks get a little, springy cover your, drink make, it don't take drinks from, others like you, know.
Speaker 3: It's make sure your drink doesn't look. Cloudy it's like.
Speaker 2: Hard because there are they are, victims and YET i still have contempt like these strippers do for, them like, HA i go watch your like we're everyone's, covering like we can't ryn so BUT i think switching the genders actually proves how ludicrous what they say to victims is, yeah, YEAH i, know, like well you were at a strip club and your credit carders at and you're, like why would you do, That, YEAH i have a.
Speaker 3: Wife where were? You you?
Speaker 1: Know it's like but like and also like you switch the, genders and it's like when a woman drogs a, man it's usually just to like grab some money and take, Off like obviously we're, we don't We in the, episode these men are dying because of a totally different. Thing but when men are doing, it it's also to like commit horrific crimes against the. Women, yeah drag them.
Speaker 2: Around yeah, yeah, no it's still always, worse but it is this thing of, like, yeah we're so on, edge but like like what are these guys gonna? Do, yeah fucking cover your? Drink yeah that's what that's the excuse you gave.
Speaker 3: Us we have like scrunchies that are you, know transforming them more.
Speaker 1: Like there used to be like a thing you put in your, drink like test strips to like it would change color if somebody put something in, it like.
Speaker 3: All but it's also again it's like you guys are going there to demean.
Speaker 2: Women you don't respect these strippers as, humans and then they get one on.
Speaker 3: You, yeah and they get to go shopping and they Get if they just didn't drug, people it would have been.
Speaker 2: Fine, yeah it's just the drugging that's fucked like everything, Else like if you're just like a stripper trying to charge, more Like i'm okay with.
Speaker 3: That that's the. Job it's the.
Speaker 1: Drugging, well in the real life, story it felt like they were trying to drug them to have a better time in The in the, episode it seemed like they were trying to drug them to pass out all the way so that they could like get their take THEIR atm cards and like do all this, shit you know WHAT i. Mean like in the real life, EPISODE i think they were, like, oh a little, ketamine a LITTLE, mdma like let's have more. Fun then you'll spend more money in like da da da da, Da whereas in this one it was, like, oh they're supposed to pass us, out but not stop, breathing you, know like, yeah real playing it. Close yeah they really were. Edging these girls were edging it in terms of, uh. Drugging but but they but at the end of.
Speaker 3: The, day they didn't go to.
Speaker 2: JAIL i guess only the two lowly er, strippers which is crazier to me. Too, YEAH i can't believe how it worked out for all of. Them one's still In miami and one's a housewife like living her, dream not.
Speaker 3: WORKING i don't.
Speaker 1: Know did the ones go to jail that had to be the ones that were actually like doing the sex.
Speaker 3: Acts is that why they got?
Speaker 2: Maybe but it still was also like. Weekends it was, weekends months of. Weekends. Yeah BUT i have a friend who Did monday Through friday work release from.
Speaker 3: Jail oh, okay they would let him go to work and come. Back.
Speaker 1: YEAH i had a friend who had to go to jail just for the weekend, once and she was like there were a lot of people there that just do, weekends and but it was like the worst crime anybody really had. Committed there was prescription fraud and like duys and, stuff but like getting a prescription Path like writer will all be in The everglade croc, stamp she will all be In Alligator.
Speaker 3: Alcatraz if they transcribe any of our, podcasts yeah we're.
Speaker 2: Done, Yeah, casey they're taking you. Too you're From. MINNESOTA i.
Speaker 1: Know i've been like writing my post with like an asterisk in front of it in Case i'm getting like. Searched like WHEN i write AND i Write Buck, Trump i'll just like write a little. Asterisk so if you could do that in the in the in the, transcriptions that would be great.
Speaker 3: TOO i you, know, whatever we're, Fucked we're going to the.
Speaker 1: Camps, okay let's move on TO Wwspd what Would Sister peg? Do our weekly segment where we give you guys, resources, books, articles, blogs something to give you more info about what we talked about.
Speaker 3: Today and OBVIOUSLY i felt For.
Speaker 1: Simon's character, somewhat and So i'd like to point you to the Organization Narcotics. Anonymous it's pretty self explanatory and they talk about it in the. Episode this is a quote nonprofit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs have become a me your problem end. Quote and this is the second largest twelve step organization Behind Alcoholics.
Speaker 3: Anonymous so for.
Speaker 1: Those of you who need help with narcotics, addiction head over TO na dot org AND na dot org. Well as, always you can find that website in our show notes and it'll be posted in a story the day that this episode is released on Our.
Speaker 3: Instagram that's Messed Up pod.
Speaker 2: Fantastic thank you so much for. That and next week we'll be doing wet from season twelve episode. Five we can't. Wait we've wanted to do it for. Years it's our dream come. True thanks for. Listening come see us live In New york and enjoy the rest of your summer and stay out of.
Speaker 3: Trouble yeah, bye.
Speaker 2: Guys That's Messed up is an exactly right. Production if you have compliments you'd like to give, us or episodes you'd like us to, cover shoot us an email It That's Messed Up pod at gmail Dot listen To That's Messed up on The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your. Podcasts follow the podcast On instagram At That's Messed Up, pod and follow us personally At Kara klank and At Glitter.
Speaker 1: Cheese as, always please see our show notes for sources and more.
Speaker 2: Information thank you so much to our senior Producer casey O'Brien and our associate Producer Christina, chamberlain and to.
Speaker 1: Our Mixer John bradley and our guest Booker Patrick, cottner.
Speaker 2: And To Henry kaperski for our theme song And Carly Jean andrews for our.
Speaker 1: Artwork thank you to our executive Producers Georgia, Hardstart Karen, Kilgarriff Daniel kramer and everybody at exactly right.
Speaker 3: Media dun dun