Speaker 1: This is Tom Rowland's Reese, and you're listening to Switched on the bn EF podcast. Today we're bringing you a recording from our BNF Summit New York, which took place on the twenty ninth and thirtieth of April. The panel featured on this episode is titled Sustaining Momentum in US Renewable Investments and it's all about the shifting sounds of clean energy spending in the US. Conditions for investment appear to broadly be improving, with interest rights easing, inflation in decline, and growing renewable energy demand sources including power hungry AI models and data centers coming online. Last year, US clean energy investment grew by fifty billion dollars, a huge leap over the average from the previous few years. Yet hurdles remain. Price cannibalization, curtailment risks, and the tariffs and policy shifts enacted by the Trump administration are all giving potential investors pause. In this episode, the panelists discuss business models and strategies that can allow investments in the US clean energy space to keep growing. The panelists include Andrew Gongaware, Managing director at bm Matt Reinsfeiler, Senior vice president for Finance and Capital Markets at Invenergy, Miguel Pina, Managing director and head of Project Finance for the Americas at BBVA, and Kareeine still partner Apollo Global Management. The panel was moderated by Paul ez Karno, a senior associate from our solar team. For more information regarding BNF summits, including our upcoming BNF Summit Munich on May twentieth, ant view recordings from previous events had to about dot BNF dot com slash Summit. Now let's hear from our panelists.
Speaker 2: Thanks everyone for coming. Thank you also for you for being here and taking some time to hear a little bit more optimistic takes.
Speaker 3: I'll try my best.
Speaker 2: The clean energy industry in the US has gone through lots of a lot of ups and downs.
Speaker 3: I think we all.
Speaker 2: Are very familiar that there's been policy uncertainty for a long time, something sometimes for the good, sometimes.
Speaker 3: For the worst.
Speaker 2: So our goal here is to bring esteam clean energy industry experts to really to really share with us how they manage the risks, how they deal in times of high uncertainty, and what's the silver lining what are the reasons to remain optimistic. I mean, I'd love to start with Andrew, because I have you so far away for me. Can you set the stage for us and explain a little bit what are the risks that the sector is facing today and how are developers and financiers like yourself managing those risks and trying to stay sane at the end of the day as well.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Matt will have a view here as well, But I think the greatest risk is obviously uncertainty that goes well beyond our industry, but I think in our industry in particular with the anticipated attacks bill and tax reform and the implications that that might have for things like the Investment Inflation Reduction Act, there's just a lot of uncertainty in front of decision making in the sector. And so I think is as management teams and banks like ourselves and investors like Corinn look at the landscape, we have to think a little bit differently and look for opportunities in different places and manage risk a little bit differently. You know, for the developers, that's where am I going to invest my dollars in development? You know where there headwinds around permitting, what can I actually procure for with some certainty around cost. There is in the market a lot that's going to get built. There's been a lot that's been safe Harbord, there's a lot of equipment in country. There are a lot of projects that are permitted and very far along you know that we're going to I guess the question is really, are we going to see you know, one hundred gigawatts of new renewables over the next five years or so, or is it going to be two hundred? So you know, either way, there's a tremendous amount of capital that's going to go into the sector and a tremendous amount of construction that's going to happen. So I think it just becomes an element of picking your spots. Whereas I think a broad subset of developers could be very successful because there was a wide open landscape. I think now where you have the most talented management teams, you're going to see some differentiation across platforms where high quality management teams who've lived through cycles, who've managed through tax credit uncertainty, are going to be successful. And those are the places where I think we'll see folks like Corinn and folks like Miguel and myself putting our capital.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Crean, that's Andrew named you as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that recommendation go ahead.
Speaker 3: How do you fund?
Speaker 2: How do you find those those spots and opportunities in these times of uncertainty.
Speaker 6: Look, I think Andrew's spot on. We are in kind of I would say, kind of the apex of uncertainty for US renewables with the confluence of tariffs and the ir and still honestly some supply teain dynamics that you know, were we continue to work through, for instance, in the case.
Speaker 5: Of highvoltage equipment, taking up to.
Speaker 6: Kind of like five years to get for certain projects. Look as we take a big step back and look at it.
Speaker 5: You know, we're Apollo. We're a large.
Speaker 6: Alternative asset manager or six seven hundred and fifty billion we invest across the capital structure.
Speaker 5: We've made a huge commitment to.
Speaker 6: Be investing in energy and energy transition over fifty eight billion to day, and even during.
Speaker 5: Times of uncertainty.
Speaker 6: You know, we've always viewed ourselves as contrion and so we seek to deploy capital even in time periods like this. We see operating assets like near term operating assets as pretty attractive today. We believe there's been a change in the risk adjusted return for those very prudent underwriting of kind of development development platforms. But the long term tailwinds, in our mind, are still there. The need for energy demand, it's still there, and renewables.
Speaker 5: Continue to be one of the.
Speaker 6: Most cost effective, quickst to market methods of delivery.
Speaker 3: Migad, I'd love to bring it in here.
Speaker 7: No, I mean a little more to say, I definitely agree there are tailwinds. The renewable energy is efficient, is needed. Everyone agrees we need more energy, and in the short term definitely is one of the easiest way to get very much needed energy. And we have been extremely focused in the US in prayer finance, which is what my department does in doing this type of transactions. And there is no change of strategy at all, despite the obvious headwinds that we've got right ahead of us. But it's true there's going to be a PI can choose as things are more complicated. You are not all the projects are going to be built. Some which would have been built in a more benign macroeconomic environment regulatory environment would probably not be built, but there are there was such a huge pipeline to be built, so many plans, so many developers, that even if some of them do not materialize, there's still a huge market which are going to keep us very very busy. And I would say in the end, prior finance is you know, you need to present a fully funded sources and justice proposal. That is unavoidable. There's nothing we can do to avoid that situation. So we will need all the more the due diligence to make sure that we can present a credible case to the committees. And we I mean I have just been in a committee for two big transactions which have been a proof, but the level of the diligence is higher because the committee wants to know what is the credible plan in case things go wrong, which people are much more aware to how things may get complicated just out of a blue sky, and therefore you need a good answer for that. If not me be final and it may be one hundred percent bulletproof of course, otherwise what would be doing very little business. But at the same time you need to provide a good solution with a lot of the diligence, making sure that you are working on those best projects, products would have room to improve if anything doesn't go according to plan. And surely, I say this again, working with the best in class responsors which give you that guarantee that they know and they have the experience to manage through what can be definitely choppy waters.
Speaker 2: And I love that you finished with working with best in class developers and developing platforms and mat I'd love to bring you in here.
Speaker 3: Energy has been around for a while.
Speaker 2: Well, you're the private the biggest privately held developer.
Speaker 3: In the country.
Speaker 2: You've been pretty much doing everything you can build and finance within the broader energy sector. Can you walk us through what how you're approaching these next couple of years. How are you focusing on projects, What are the key things that you have prioritized when it comes to try to bring projects to fruition and helping race at secure financing.
Speaker 8: Sure happy to try to address that. I think the biggest thing that's really helpful right now is the tailwinds. Everyone mentioned. We're kind of living in the times of an unprecedent amount of load growth. We're having utility customers and large C and I customers coming to us, and they don't really have, you know, projects that they're able to buy. They don't have enough projects that they're able to procure from. So the demand is real, and you know, customers are really focused on certainty and making sure that their projects are going to actually show up, and given sort of the uncertainty everyone has mentioned, I think that gives in entergy frankly a leg up because they know that we have a long track record of execution and being able to navigate periods of uncertainty and get projects built, you know, on time and on budget. In terms of risks around you know, IRA and potential tax credit reform, I think as an industry, we're very accustomed to those types of risks and it's something that we've been dealing with for you know, the better part of two decades. At this point, we thought that we were kind of out of the woods in that front when the IRA was passed, but now you know, people are speculating that we might might be experiencing some changes there too, So I think again it's it's a level of risk that we're accustomed to as a developer, and assuming that if you assume that kind of past precedent for how to deal with these types of things will be kind of what is expected of potentially grandfathering projects. I think we have a pretty high degree of confidence as to how you do that. And I guess the last piece I would I would kind of mention is just kind of now more than ever, I think it's really important just to have kind of be working with strong relationship counterparties, both from an off take perspective and also equipment procurement perspective.
Speaker 5: I think it's very.
Speaker 8: Clear that given there's a lot of uncertainty right now, you really need to be kind of solutions oriented and address issues that come up that neither party expects. And so having counterparties that you're able to solve problems together with is really important because at the end of the day, one no part of the supply stack of that off taker, developer, supplier, our ecosystem is going to want to take all of the risk themselves, and so finding ways to work through that and sharing in some of the risk that exists is incredibly important to kind of solve problems and get projects.
Speaker 2: Bill Yeah, and in our conversations and if you go to a renewable conference in the US, the demand growth and the load growth mantra is essentially you know, all over the place, and it's another way of saying, we're justifying higher PPA prices, higher prices.
Speaker 3: For the end off taker.
Speaker 2: How much room do we still have for the industry to raise PPA prices further and how much more will off takers be willing to absorb those higher prices? And Karina love to start with you, and then I'll go to Miguel and Andrew.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think what we found is that.
Speaker 6: There is a significant amount of demand and that people are going to price off take relative to the demand the forward curve on the level of additionality that the asset provides. And by additionality, I mean it's a new renewables asset coming on the grid and it's providing kind of new green energy to the grid. I think if you're checking all those three boxes, it's near term, it's providing kind of immediate demand relief, it's new green power. Maybe it's even a hybridized asset. I think you're looking at like a pretty significant premium to the forward curve, right, But if the forward curve goes up twenty percent, does that premium still stay the same as is it still at twenty forty percent premium.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think the market will speak in the long run. But today, if you are able to check a lot of those boxes, I think there's a very robust market, I believe. Speaking one of your colleagues last night, she said, globally, sixty three gigs of corporatep is signed in the last year, sixty three gigats like the whole US installed what forty giga watts of power? Right, So it's pretty remarkable the growth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and me?
Speaker 2: And what are in the deals you're underwrite when you're looking at those up and coming you mentioned benign projects essentially parts that have some weak spots.
Speaker 3: How have you.
Speaker 2: Seen PPA prices and the PPA contracts and the projects that are coming at your desk?
Speaker 3: How how much room.
Speaker 2: Has a developer really had to renegotiate and bring a deal to you that that is financiable.
Speaker 7: No, we have seen quite renegotiations of PPA close and market prices that they had stayed out of the market, and they have been renegotiated with the companies because it made all perfect sense. In the end is offer and demand. The need that people have for energy that is unabated so far. So it is going to be there, and we have seen that, you know, for starting from the very lowest on the twenties and twenty one, we're still seeing some projects which can come back to us With those PPAs. It's so difficult to justify because the prices are so low. Now it's probably gone to the other side. But I think as long as the demand say, it's the offer definitely. I mean, the classic formula tells you that prices should go up, and that's what we what we expect. And with all these headwinds, there is not going to be more offer but actually less offer if anything, and the demand doesn't have any indication that is going on. So I would think there should be a good opportunity for prices to be renegotiated up. What especially there is need because the final cost of the projects increases.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Let's let's switch gears a little bit to the broader M and A market, and I'd love to bring Andrew in.
Speaker 3: Now, how has the m and A, the.
Speaker 2: Clean energy m and A market changed over the past Actually, let's say since November, what are the notable differences. Who's coming in, who's pulling out? How would you really describe it? How would you describe the state that we are.
Speaker 4: I would say it's highly varied across different investor bases and different corporates, developer sponsors who made a capital. There are certainly more questions today about should I be launching in this market or should I not be launching into this market then certainly we would have seen in November. The conversations are more around what are the catalysts for having more certainty or launching into a better environment. And one of the big lynch pins for that is certainly tax reform and the outcomes of tax reform and what that means for the industry. But that's a big discussion that's changed since so November is how do I map launching a process to raise capital or sell my business in the context to what's going on in the broader macroeconomy and the regulatory environment. So that's a big change. I think the other changes we have started to hear some LP's foreign investors say there is a higher bar for investing in the US today than there was before.
Speaker 5: We need to have a.
Speaker 4: Good story as to why this investment in this environment. So without question, there is a little bit less I guess movement the movement is slower in the market now. Having said that's as we said before, there's a tremendous amount of load growth, there's a tremendous amount of development going on.
Speaker 3: There are lots of.
Speaker 4: Projects that need to get built over the next twelve to twenty four months. That there are still people that need to go out and raise capital, There are still people that need financing for their projects, and so so there's still a tremendous amount of activity.
Speaker 5: It's just started.
Speaker 4: To to focus more is I think Carin said around near term operating and operating assets and things that are going to get in the ground sooner rather than later, versus you know, paying for a tremendous amount of growth and a development pipeline. And so I think that's changing the way that people approach the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love that you finished with that, because something that Matt and I were talking about backstage is so who's going to build those early stage pipelines.
Speaker 3: Who's going to bring projects to to a status where.
Speaker 2: Investors will be comfortable investing, banks will be.
Speaker 3: Comfortable lending to So, Matt, I think we can just recreate what.
Speaker 2: We're talking about, like what do you need to bring projects to a certain level of bankability, and who's going to who's going to fill that gap now to sure keep a new energy supply coming.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think the people that are best suited to do that are the ones that have a robust pipeline because you're often having to make down payments on equipment much sooner than you would otherwise like on projects, and so having multiple avenues to deploy that equipment if you have a project that is delayed or doesn't get a permit, being able to redeploy it elsewhere is a huge risk mitigation strategy that is really necessary when you're you're ordering that type of equipment, not just transformers, but solar panels, what other equipment you're ordering kind of well in advance of when you would otherwise prefer for projects. So that's one aspect, and I think the other piece in order to make those kinds of long term procurement, you actually have to have the capital to do that. So kind of the well capitalized developers that you have access to development capital, have the balance sheet to be able to do that, I think are going to be much better suited to take on those types of risks than you know, a smaller developer that might only have a couple of projects and not much of a balance sheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Green, I'd love your take.
Speaker 2: And if you sit on the board of a couple renewable energy developers pretty diversified across the country, what are the conversations with them, like, what are they talking about?
Speaker 3: What are you telling them asking them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a great question. Look, I agree. I think capitalization for DEVX and pre MCV spend fundamental today. Fundamentally, it's really really tough with an absolute zero balance sheet.
Speaker 5: All that being said, I mean, we're.
Speaker 6: A highly active investor in the middle market for infrastructure and for renewables, and we have found in some of the conversations that we have with our businesses that are active utility scale developers like Direct Renewables, is that they have really strong knowledge in one market. They're really really good in, for example, PGM, and they just have extraordinary landowner relationships, and those landowner relationships catalyze other landowner relationships and they lean into aggraboltaics and they lean into these competitive advantages. They're not the size of Inventergy, and they're not the size of next Era, right, but they're incredibly highly successful in their own market right, and so whether it be community solar, whether it be utility scale solar. You know, having that local market knowledge, intel and superior execution I think really can drive powerful outcomes for renewable energy development businesses, even if you're not quite at the same size and scale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again what's an andrew Then same question, what is the opportunity for outsiders?
Speaker 3: What is the opport if that localized knowledge is so essential.
Speaker 7: Well, it's essentially you need to play to your restrengt. I mean, it's not a matter of size, it's a matter of your expertise ability to take it forward to sort out all the difficulties which exists always under any cycle. They only change in size and scope. There are always difficulties. Taking our pride finance to completion is never easy. So you need to be working with people who know what they're doing and have the real expertise and do it efficiently and being sufficiently adapt at changing the strategy according to whatever is happening in the market, whatever that is. And that is the way we look at it from us when we think of the great developers, we are not thinking so much Astore right on the balance sheet. We're not thinking because it's pride finance in general. So I'm not thinking so much Astre who has the big pocket so that they can give me a double a guarantee or whatever. I'm thinking of Toll, Who's going to give me the guarantee that whatever plan I'm present into committee that is deliverable because they know how to do it. They have studied properly. The contingencies are sufficient and everything is going to be probably not according to plan that never happens, but surely sufficiently close to the plan so that we are going to get to the completion without any drama and the prayer will start producing energy as suspected and as promised. That is the way we normally do it. So for us, the sponsor is key. But is the expertise, the name and the ability of the e sponsor to deliver the completion of the project and a successful operation. That is the real key aspect that we are looking.
Speaker 3: On, right, Yeah, Andrew, same question. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: The opportunity for outsiders is vast and it's differentiated. These developers in energy Durrell salit Ridge. They need to recycle capital from d risk assets into growth and new development assets. So there's a big opportunity to invest in de risked operating renewable assets forty nine percent stakes, you know, eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Stake, you know, what have you.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of that product in the market for investors.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 4: Number two, I think, as Karin said, you know, it's great to be in energy and to have you know, open ended capital like Blackstone and CITYPQ behind you. But I think the Karin's absolutely right. There's lots of regional expertise and there's there's lots of competitive advantages beyond capital that people can establish and exploit. I think where management teams gets in trouble is when they start to move away from their competitive advantage. And so as you think about you know, as as we give advice to people and thinking about where to put your money, it's it's in those management teams that know what they're good at, know what they're not good at, and they're focusing the capital in the right places. I think more often than not, where we've seen folks get into trouble is where they go greatly expand teams and SGNA burn and in the hopes that all of this development is going to come to fruition or start to place too many bets on the development side without bringing home the.
Speaker 3: De risk assets first.
Speaker 4: So I think having the discipline to really work through management team diligence and execution diligence is the key to taking advantages of those opportunities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Korean, where's the next Inventergy going to come from?
Speaker 3: What's Is it going to be a.
Speaker 2: Merger of a bunch of smaller developers with very well recognized presence in different markets, or is someone organically going to grow with a deep balance sheet, deep backers and going to slowly but steady keep growing across the entire country.
Speaker 5: Do you have a crystal ball to tell me? Because then we can just invest rate.
Speaker 3: I just left it. I just left it in the back.
Speaker 5: Uh, look at it.
Speaker 6: It's kind of unwritten and hard hard to know.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Had we rewound the clock ten years, would we have known that Inventergy was.
Speaker 5: Gonna What did you say you owed thirty gigs? I think we've commercialized over thirty three commercialized.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, amazing, Like we were. You know, Andrew and I used work work a g together, you know, over a decade ago and we we financed in entergyes, you know, transactions then and I would have never have guessed that.
Speaker 5: You guys would have emerged into this powerhouse, right.
Speaker 6: And it's a function of you know what Andrew said, like discipline and management team and leaning into your strengths. It's also a function of capitalization. I to be honest, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: It could be mergers.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of companies in the United States doing this.
Speaker 5: Could could some of them come together?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: It could be or growth, Yeah, I mean, I think it can go a multitude of ways. It's just it's just about it's about execution through these uncertain times and and kind of keeping the vision and the capitalization in the.
Speaker 5: Right place right.
Speaker 2: And that's I like that to maybe pivot into some of the structural market obstacles, setting aside you know, craziness in DC tariffs, yes, tariffs no, I ra yes, Ira No. Over the past couple of years, permitting transmission has become central part of the conversation. And you we were not hearing about transmission as much as we do today a few years ago with the reforms that without having to look at whether the reforms will work out whether there's going to be permitting reform. What what have you seen i'l star with Matt. What have you seen an interconnection cues that has anything changed at all since it different regional grid operators started introducing que reforms. Has there been a notable improvement or are we still in a wait and see approach.
Speaker 3: Where we just still don't.
Speaker 2: Know whether there's going to be any any improvement anytime soon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think just from like an interconnection queue perspective, it still seems like it's really kind of the main bottleneck in these projects in terms of you know, data submission to having an actual interconnection agreement in hand. It can be you know, a number of years before you have that, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, frankly for onshore generation. But it's one of the reasons why we think that development of you know, long distance HVDC transmission is really important to enable continued load growth and being able to serve that load with additional not just renewable supply, but but you know, all forms of supply. And so we have a number of large HBC transmission projects that we're in the process of developing that you know, we think, will you know, be really impactful being for being able to unlock that you know, that load potential, that load growth that's happening, and being able to supply additional uh, you know, reliable, low cost power to those users.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let's stay with you for a second.
Speaker 2: Why we all know it doesn't matter how deep you are in the industry, building transmission is extremely challenging and you're going to be waiting decades, even like at least more than ten years. What was a rationale behind In Energy's bed on building transmission. Was it as a as a compliment to you know, all of the onshore wind that you brought to operation.
Speaker 3: Was it for new development? What was it logic? There? Can you walk us through a little bit of you know, what the broader vision is for transmission in the company?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think it's really just responding to a problem that we identified that needs to be solved and wanting to to have a say in controlling the way that it solved. We see a lot of opportunity to create new generation opportunities through additional transmission, and at the end of the day, that's what we're looking to do is develop more more generation, and so you really create additional load opportunities for yourselves by creating being able to deliver into markets and and access really customers that need the load or that need the supply, you know. And obviously the demand growth has really kind of helped accelerate that need. And you know, we're seeing a lot of opportunities to to you know, supply different large, large load users.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's often the talk about, on the one hand, we should build more transmission, on the other hand, we have no other option, but more battery storage come to the grid.
Speaker 3: What how does screen?
Speaker 2: How does battery storage complement the broader strategy that you're the companies you're involved in, How does that complement that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, battery storage has been a place we've been active for a long time, through our involvement with Broader Reach.
Speaker 5: Power a few years ago, which was.
Speaker 6: A standalone front of the meter battery storage company with assets in California and Texas UH and then in conjunction with many of our renewables investments today either hybridized assets or stand alone battery storage is incredible and honestly, what it's done for the URCOT grid has been incredible helping manage you know, both ancillary services and periods of you know, rapid power increases in power demand. I think in any market where we're seeing traumatic renewable penetration, the addition of storage has proven to quell volatility and provide ancillary services that are helpful forward stability, and so, you know, I think we'll continue to see.
Speaker 5: Battery storage deployment.
Speaker 6: I think it's it's been really interesting. I sat through a panel here on tariffs and seeing, you know, what the range of outcomes are on change of cost of batteries may impact batteries storage.
Speaker 5: Deployment on a go forward basis.
Speaker 6: But I think it's it's always been kind of hypothetically very complimentary to battery to renewables, and then as the cost has come down and the technology has improved and the software has improved, now it's it's definitively complimentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how does that the despite the clearly the obvious benefits of batteries. And there's been pretty good years for battery operators in Texas where they've been able to capitalize in a lot of volatility, but the revenue start and especially a long term beyond five years, it's extremely unpredictable, and a lot of financing assumes like five year payback periods, which in the world of long term clean energy soid WENT projects, is very very short.
Speaker 3: How do you, especially in the current situation.
Speaker 2: That we're at now, how are you looking at batteries it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I think there's a lot of interests. We're very comfortable, we are very active. So is the banking world. I mean, there's nothing especial off BVVA presently, as Kareem was mentioning, because there is so much into is so much value in when you add a lot of renewables in all the balancing act and all the ancillary service that the battery we can provide. But at the same time, it is true trading revedeos it's difficult to take. I think we banks have got more comfortable with merchant risk over the years. It was not an easy one, but we got there, and I think surely we can take an amount of trading merchant risk, which is not what we use two ten years ago. With the batteries. We're still struggling with it, and I think it's the banking industry in general, some more than others, but overall, you can say that the industry is not completely comfortable because it's very difficult to predict and you don't want to just to rely on an independent study which you cannot follow and which is a kind of black box. Still have what's going to be the price of the energy at eight in the morning or versus three pm in the afternoon on the fifth of July of twenty thirty three, which is like maybe not, but I'm not capable of going to committee and try to explain what's the logic is to make sense or not. So we are struggling one way of doing it, and that's what we have started working. Is all right, the closer you are to the current date, the easier is to have a good visibility as to how it's going to work, because I mean, all those things take time to change. The whole energy metrics doesn't change over line, and therefore we have been taking some merchant risk, trade and risk in the short term, let's say five years. But then you need to switch sooner rather than later to something of a tolling agreement so that you can get your investment repaid even if for whatever reason the overall picture changes and those revenues and those.
Speaker 3: Duck curve is.
Speaker 7: Not as as high as you would expect, So we're playing with that well, we get more comfortable with the way the model works. What are the assumption and leaving aside all this discussion about headwinds stir winds. I think it's going to take time. We're going to get there, but we banks. I think we need to still to learn more what is the in and out of those models to make sure that we can do a good, thorough responsible decisions to what kind of risk we are taken.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Please join me in thanking all of our speakers here and thank.
Speaker 4: You for listening.
Speaker 6: Today's episode of Switched On was produced by Cam Gray with production assistance from Kamala Shelling.
Speaker 7: Bloomberg NIF is a service provided by Bloomberg Finance LP and its affiliates. This recording does not constitute, nor should it be construed, as investment in vice, investment recommendations, or a recommendation as to an investment or other strategy. Bloomberg ANIFF should not be considered as information sufficient upon which to base an investment decision.
Speaker 6: Neither Bloomberg Finance Lp nor any of its affiliates makes any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this recording, and any
Speaker 2: Liability as a result of this recording is expressly disclaimed.