Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty arm Strong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: And Key.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yeddy.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a brand new week live from studio. See Sometimes sometimes the bison of life flips you in the air and you land on your head. Sometimes the soccer ball of life hits you in the head and goes right in the goal and you move on to the next match.
Speaker 1: That's the way life is.
Speaker 3: This week, which is going to be You don't know how y'all doing. Deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound and today toiling Under the title of the show well Bless his Soul, Lindsey Graham's death is a Loss for Freedom or alternate title frost bitten wounded by attacks from both bears and moose.
Speaker 1: Joe Getty returns from Alaska. There you go, people will be happy. Oh my god, I was beset by I was running from a bear when I was gored by the moose. It was a bad day where fang it tossed me into the water where I nearly escape being eaten by an orca. It was a long day that guy's okay, who landed on his head? Uh? He landed on his arse. As a matter of fact, Oh, it looked like he landed on his head. Now. As I watched him flipping, I thought, oh, oh arse, excellent. Good. Yeah, I mean at his age, that makes all the difference in the world. Yeah, I think anybody's gone ass over tea kettle, whether you know, be set by bison, motorcyclerecs, sports whatever. As you're flipping around in the air, you're thinking, oh boy, I hope I don't land oh on my head? Oh not good, I am. I tweeted out a picture of a buffalo.
Speaker 3: We are that close to it, somewhere in South Coder, Montana or something like that summer before last.
Speaker 1: You think you're far enough away they're not going to run in.
Speaker 2: If they did, you could scurry off.
Speaker 1: But apparently not. Well, old Granddad, the flippy, not the whiskey. Old Granddad was not violating any of the guidelines because he was They say, be twenty five yards away. He seemed to be solid.
Speaker 3: I think so the guidelines there are guidelines for how far away you're supposed to be from a buffalo, are absolutely Apparently they're wrong. Apparently those guidelines need to be updated.
Speaker 1: Well, there are guidelines. Hilarious. Listen to the safety extremist, Michael, we're dealing with a millennial here. You want a world where you view buffalo from bison more properly from miles away, to make sure everybody's safe. Safety fuzz. He worships safety. I say, you commune with the beasts. Occasionally you get flipped. Do you worship guidelines from bureaucrats? La, it's on. I've been here for three minutes at already, he's at my throat. Hilarious, vicious. I didn't take long. Yeah, up, take those guidelines. If you're gonna have guidelines, apparently, no fifty million times that.
Speaker 3: If Grandpa gets flipped, I've never even heard of guidelines for this, I would ignore them.
Speaker 1: If I had heard them.
Speaker 3: I will get as close as I feel like getting on any given situation, looking at the buffalo and seeing how agitated he seems. This one seems fairly seemed fairly agitated, though the one I looked at them close was just laying there chewing its grass. This one looked wound up about something. Yeah, needed a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was it. That's exactly it. It's buffalo sexy time right now.
Speaker 3: Oh man, if you really need a girlfriend, the last thing you need is some old band staring at you.
Speaker 1: I've been the same way.
Speaker 3: What are you looking at you're really wanting someone, there's some old band staring at you taking pictures.
Speaker 1: You to worry for me, I'll chase you through the trees. I'm going to roll around in industrial ound trying to calm down. But if you were still looking at me, would not get up. I'll tell you what to be, old brot.
Speaker 3: Do you think these little trees is gonna work what.
Speaker 1: You need? That's what you need. Oh crappy landed on his butt. Boy, the things as big as a box car, though Agilus can be whoo. That's got to be a bad feeling. You got a bison chasing you. I bet that old man had moved that fast in twenty five years all but he hadn't either. He was a fat guy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old and fat has no situation for fighting a bison.
Speaker 1: Long beard flapping in the wind, Where were we all? Lindsey Graham, God bless him.
Speaker 3: So we're certain that he did not die at the hands of Ladimir Putin at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, it's possible of Ladd Putin, insidious monster that he is, had some sort of clever device inserted in Lindsey Graham's They ordered to dissect it, but it seems unlikely. I've shared this with the crew of via text. Over the weekend, my neighbor had precisely that same thing happened and they barely got into his house and saved him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does make it less likely. Although I was surprised by just tweeting out, you know, did Putin do it? The number of people who thought that was tinfoil hat stuff?
Speaker 1: Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: There's documented evidence of Putin killing lots of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: There's hardly a bigger opponent on earth outside of maybe Zelensky.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's possible Lindsay Gram was more important than Zelensky in terms of who Putin would want to get rid of, as Lindsey Graham was definitely the most powerful person in government, advocating for the United States to take on Ukraine at the highest level and had the presidents here, right, So it's not at all tinfoil hat stuff to think Putin would want to poison him or get something sort of nerve agent in him or something like that.
Speaker 1: But look, if he had died mysteriously and said I can't see, I can't see, and then drop dead, well then yeah.
Speaker 3: Well his his PR people didn't help with their why didn't you put out he had a massive heart attack or whatever you'd call it, as opposed to after a short illness he died unexpectedly. Okay, that's just like setting up the world for wondering what the heck got a short illness.
Speaker 1: A brief and sudden illness. He was a auditor, he was talking at a podium like an hour ago. So this looks pretty weird. Yeah, so when we found out what actually happened, it was a little bit different. I was reminded of how the modern world works. Though, in the immediate aftermath of the announcement of his passing, I jumped on the Twitter for the first time in a couple of weeks, which was refreshing at the break, not going back to it, and was immediately struck by how many grifters were trying to sell their particular twisted conspiracy theory of how he died, and how that's such a fertile field. Now you got to get your grift out there. You got to get your framework out there, and of course half of them ended up with you know, it was the Jews for some reason, of course, But yeah, that's that's such a fertile business these days, it's such a profitable business.
Speaker 3: Lindsey Graham only nine years and seven months older than me, so I got my attention. But when I found out that his dad had died heart blew up on him also at age sixty nine, I thought, oh, okay, that also makes it seem more likely.
Speaker 2: Just one of those things I've.
Speaker 1: Had a cardiologist to say to me personally, and I didn't appreciate it at the time. Joe. Often the first sign of heart disease is sudden mortality.
Speaker 3: That was something I was watching one of the speeches that Lindsay gave.
Speaker 1: Late what they did.
Speaker 3: He die Saturday night, late Saturday afternoon, and I thought, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: This guy has just only got like three hours to live watching this speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wild, it really could be a world history changing a orda explosion. Though Lindsey Graham was the hawk of hawks on Irand and Ukraine and had the ear of the president more than anybody on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Though really really did I believe they're good friends.
Speaker 3: Those two things could add up to history change and sort of death there because there's not going to be another advocate that has the president's ear that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder boy. I hope that's not the case, but it sure could be. Now. I'll elaborate on the following point later, but here's the brief version. You're seeing commentary from various quarters, including some of the rotten pieces of crap at the Lincoln Project and others. They are rotten pieces of crap, Yeah, they really are. They're awful human beings. They're bad Americans. They're bad humans. Ah. I said that twice. The analysis being Lindsey Graham, who initially criticized Trump harshly later aligned with him, showing he's a hypocrite and he became a sycophant. That's some good, stupid analysis from evil people. And if if you're stupid, enjoy that stupid, stupid analysis. Here's an alternate analysis. He kept his eyes on what mattered, He kept his eyes on the policies he cared about, and thought, damn, I gotta work with Trump now. But we've got to do what's right for America. So I gotta work with Trump best I can. There you go, oh boy?
Speaker 3: And did he influence the government the direction he wanted? Absolutely? Oh my gosh. He hadn't been in office, he wouldn't have been able to.
Speaker 1: So if you'd taken his toys and stomped off, gone home, that's a tough one, bok. Not everybody can do that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be able to just Okay, I'm gonna make friends with this person I hate.
Speaker 2: I don't have that in me. But yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Want to accomplish things in politics, you need to have that in you.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that really struck me on that topic about Lindsey Graham was number one. He was a lot like me. I can't remember who's saying this, but oh Tim Scott said this. He is gay fellow senator from from South Carolina who said Lindsey just didn't hold grudges. He couldn't remember who he was supposed to be mad at, and he liked people, so he figured, oh, we'll work together, we'll find a way. He was just a sweet human being in that way. And I don't mean gay, I mean pleasant, you idiot. And the other thing was on Twitter, the part that didn't make me want to vomit immediately and smash my smartphone with a hammer. Was Several people came up and said I had a bitter disagreement with him. I said terrible things about him. Ben Dominich was one I remember. And what's the other guy's name? Doesn't matter, and they said. And I ran into him a week later and he was completely friendly and welcoming, and I said, you know, I'd said some harsh things about you. And he said, oh, everybody gets to have an opinion. That's fine. I get it. I can respect that. And he just didn't hold grudges.
Speaker 3: Remember when Trump gave out his phone number, gave out lundsy Gum's phone number.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a funny moment.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe getting on this. It is Monday, July thirteenth, or almost halfway through July. Already to your twenty twenty six or Armstrong, you getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start running away from the Bison of Faith as fast as we can, precisely according to FCC rules. Rags at Mark. But I just want to make it really clear.
Speaker 4: I'm in the Hitler Sucks wing of their Revolgan Party.
Speaker 1: What is this Hitler? I don't know. Anyway, he was also hilariously funny.
Speaker 3: I've got a funny quote from Al Franken, the former Saturday Night Live writer who went on to be a US Senator. He was asked who in government is funny and he said nobody except for Lindsay Graham. He said, Lindsay Graham is hilarious, like truly hilarious from Al Franken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get.
Speaker 3: To headlines with Heather Meyers coming up. Do we have Hather today or no we do not, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, self generated, home grown headline in summertime. It's hard to have everybody working at the same time, or at school at the same time, or at your whatever at the same time. I've noticed with various meanings.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to have stuff like that because everybody's you know, different schedule. Anyway, we'll get to headlines other things that are going on in the world, and there's lots of stuff going on, things that Lindsey Graham cared about that will no longer have an influence on, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: All on the way, stay hear.
Speaker 3: Got two quotes for you that can tell you where we are with the Iran war. Just with two quotes, scent Com said today Iran does not control the straight of hor moves. Ran said, the straight of hor moves is our territory and we will not allow a rogue and child killing army from the other side of the world to continue its illegal interference in it.
Speaker 1: That's a real contrast there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a point of difference that it is going to have to be. That bridge is good good, The space is going to get bridged.
Speaker 1: With some sort of yes, some excellent excellent now there. Yeah, ah so a handful of headlines. That's certainly one big new strikes on Iranian targets throughout the weekend, according to Scentcom, retaliation tit for tat, et cetera, Iran lashing out at all the Gulf states, including Oman, which was going to be their buddy in charging tolls in the Strait right.
Speaker 3: We had a conversation on Friday, why as long as you say for tat afterwards, you can say the other word, but if you don't say for tat after it, you can't say that word.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, isn't it. It is? And in similar fashion, I can say you're an ass, Michael. I could say I dug a hole yesterday. But it's best that the two be kept. A bart or the fabulous dog, the shit zoo. Oh it's a fine breed, loyal oil. Gotta have the zoo. Yes, must must be, must be there. Anyway, where were we? Ah? Yes, you've probably heard this. Preliminary medical examination determined lens Graham died of an aortic dissection, a tear along the inner layer of the main artery due to arteriosclerootic cardiovascular disease. A stabbing pain for your back to your chest and back again. That's the symptom called nine one one right now.
Speaker 3: According to Politico, on Friday evening, hours before he died, he said he didn't feel very good.
Speaker 1: He's going to go to the doctor. Right after his appearance.
Speaker 2: On Meet the Press yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, since I get done with meat the price, I'm going to the doctor. I do not feel good, and he actually set out loud, I can't die now. I'm so close to getting the thing done with Iran.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, and the sanctions against the the Ruski higher ups. He was finally going to get that through finally had Trump's support. Yeah, oh my gosh. Yeah, Yanick Sinner won his second straight Wimbledon championship. Jack Rawl sinners Man Wimbledon. Nothing else on that not get the attention it used to get.
Speaker 3: I watched more soccer over the weekend than I have watched cumulatively in my entire life.
Speaker 1: So soccer has entered my world, and we do have.
Speaker 3: We're down to the final four and you got France Spain today and Argentina England tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? That's epic Argentina Egypt battle that was lost by Egypt has launched age new anti Semitic conspiracy theory online. No.
Speaker 3: They call it one of the great games in the history of soccer.
Speaker 1: And I watched it and it was amazing. And we'll tell you about exciting, absolutely moronic attempt to blame the Jews for everything. What the hell? People? Never again is now? Later on in the show, you got your mirror of cold Never mind, nobody cares about that. Mitch McConnell showed up again. He's very old. He fell, he had the pneumonia.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that was a I think that was a Lindsey Graham died the Senates so close to fifty to fifty. I got to come out and he's been in the hospital for a long time. Come out and say I'm still alive. Money Python like, yeah, is he what's his status electorally? He's not running for reelection, is he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But he is in the Senate and needs to be a vote if they're going to vote on anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. South Cakilac needs a new senator now, and there'll be a temporary one. But former Congressman I think is who's seventy eight years old, has said yes, I'll serve out the term and then I'll run for a new term. No, just no. Well, and Nancy Mace came out and said she might run. If anybody's looking for a cree'sy senator, she'd be a good choice. We'll catch up on some other stuff that happened over the weekend. Though.
Speaker 3: There's a new dating app that apparently is a caught hold among young people. Lots of stuff, hard news, soft news, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: This latest route of air strikes came after Iran fired on a Cypress flag.
Speaker 1: Cargo ship crossing the Strait.
Speaker 4: It was traveling outside of the route designated by Iran and following the route encouraged by the US. One sailor is now missing and the ship was disabled. President Trump says Iran triggered this round of violence.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to play that to get into a little feature I'm going to do, called me asking Joe questions since he's back from vacation. Joe was that old guy who got flipped by the bison man.
Speaker 1: If you've seen that VI hurt.
Speaker 3: Oh, Luckily he's okay and he's back from vacation. That clip there about Iran firing the ships. I can't figure out what i ran strategy is. What are they trying to do? They had like the greatest The reason everybody left, right and center hated the MoU the deal Trump made was because it was so good for Ran.
Speaker 1: You got a great deal.
Speaker 3: The money spicket was turned back on. You're dragging your feet on your nuclear negotiations. You won, So why did you start firing on ships? What is their flipping strategy?
Speaker 1: A couple of things. Number One, I've read some some learned analysis that suggests they have sided that the straight and or Straits of Hormuz is their nuclear weapon. And so they are going to control it period, and they are going to wear the US and the West down till we say, okay, okay, you can charge tolls and control it, just please let the economy function. So they wanted more than the deal. And second thing, if I was advising them, I'd say you won. Well, see here's the one, here's the I agree with you. The other part of the problem is and John Bolton, who by the way, makes Lindsey Graham look like JD. Vance. John Bolton is saying we were too successful in decapitating the Iranian leadership. They don't have anybody who can make a decision and make it stick. Across the government. They are still trying to figure out how to run the place and who's in charge. They can't make a deal. They're too weak, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they announced the lateen week might even have been over the weekend the government announced, Hey, that wasn't us that fired on those ships in the Strait. It's some rogue people we have no control over. Is that them just jerking the world around or is that true? Could be true.
Speaker 1: Also could just be Hey, you can't blame me, that was some crazy guy well exactly, but scenarios are entirely possible. But it accomplished what they wanted.
Speaker 3: As ships start stopped going through the strait because once again insurance companies are saying, no, no, you're not going.
Speaker 1: Through there, right. Yeah, well, god, I just I just so, since you weren't here.
Speaker 3: Last week of Wall Street Journals reporting on Friday was that zero had been had happened so far in the nuclear negotiation in the talks for a couple of weeks. Zero, No single thing had been accomplished.
Speaker 1: Nope, hadn't even like you decided how to set up chairs in the table and whether we'll have coffee or just like multiple beverages or nothing. Nothing.
Speaker 3: He had cut off the money Stickott, Secretary of Treasurer, came out and said, ducky, that's over. You don't get to trade in US dollars and sell oil and all that sort of stuff. So we're back going to say. It's scary to one on that.
Speaker 1: It struck me that nothing had changed in the last two and a half weeks, but I guess that changed. A lot happened in between.
Speaker 3: But yeah, ultimately you come back after vacation and you're in the same spot as when you.
Speaker 1: Left, which yea more of the same sort of things happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought Iran was going to get away with making lots of money and dragging their feet on the war getting a nuclear weapon thing for until they got one. But I don't know where we are now. I was listening to Jim Vandahi. I think easy got his started political or something many ways journalist with a lot of connections. He said, by far the most likely direction this thing goes now is exploding conflagation in terms of the war getting really big, that's by far the most likely thing that happens at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think he made a really good point thirty seconds ago. I've been predicting more or less what you are, that Aaron would pretend to agree to something, drag their feet developed nuclear arms, that's what they've always done. But shooting at the ships in the Strait that is contradictory to that, and it brings it back to my other point. The Strait is the new nuclear weapon must be their strategy.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal and New York Times today arguing that we've got to open the Strait. We need to militarily force open the Strait. New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Yeah, so are we going to do that or not, because that's that's going to require, like a real war with.
Speaker 1: Loss of life. Yes, yes, may Jack you good folks, And God forgive me for bringing up the year after next. I'm not even going to name it. Marco Rubio really clearly ascendant.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance is struggling.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, jd Vance getting killed everywhere, and he should in my opinion, for that whole You know what's really cool is the iron GC realizes they were making a mistake all those years. That was one of the dumbest things anybody that level or higher as ever said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just embarrassing things. And with all due respect to the missteps that have happened when America has projected a strong and forceful foreign policy Iraq, for instance, the idea that we should, we just need, we need to pay attention to our own neighborhood. And let's just let the Pax Americana, the American generated and enforced peace and prosperity the world has enjoyed for seventy five years. Let's just let that go away and try something new. I'm back again to tell you that's dumb. It's so dumb. Can we should we twist Europe's arms to be worth a crap and actually be an ally? Yes, one hundred percent. Should we tweak the projection of American power and constantly reassess how it's being used and how expensive it and what benefits were getting from it?
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent. But isolationism is stupid. Wow, the ghost of Lindsey Graham is inhabited of Joe's body. I believe I am being possessed by Lindsay Graham. God, bless my behind, my soul, bless my soul. Another question about something that happened while you were gone. That woman came forward with the very believable rape accusations against Plattner. She was part of that New York Times article that buried it for some reason. Nobody's quite sure what was going on there, but Platner getting out good thing for Susan Collins, the sitting Republican senator or bad thing that's kind of interesting now drove them out of the race. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is that help her or herd her?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's a that's a good question because the faux oysterman, the gruff yet eloquent fau oysterman. He had charisma, undeniably, he was a political force.
Speaker 3: Well, he'll force his way into your house in rapeia, right, right, even if you said repeatedly don't come over or don't touch me, he'll do it anyway. Of course, you break into his house, he'll take his sharpened axe and then also rape you.
Speaker 1: Well that's right, yeah, to show his dominance. Right, I'd forgotten not a gay thing. Remember he said that it's not a game thing. You's gonna show the dominant thing, right exactly? Yeah, uh yeah, I you know, my first my quick answer is, yeah, it's better for Susan Collins that he's out because whoever gets in barring some sort of you know, uh LOUI Garrick six sits down and Cal Ripken comes in scenario or whatever. I can't remember how all that transpired. Oh, I guess Ernie Brolio sat down Cal and it doesn't matter anyway. The point is, if you know, some superstar emerges, uh, well, okay, great, but that's unlikely to happen. So yeah, him being out is a good thing. Although he's a communist wackydoodle but communist wacked doodles are ascendant. I've got some great analysis on that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's highly excited.
Speaker 3: Did you see a picture of uh Tim Sanderfer with James Lindsay. Tim sent that out. He's with him in some event here the and I texted back to him.
Speaker 1: I said, the two of you could save America. Certainly could Tim?
Speaker 2: Send?
Speaker 3: For going around talking about the Declaration independ it's what it actually means versus the crazy forces of the sixteen ninety project and James Lindsay America's leading anti communist.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and James wanted to say hello to us apparently, or at least that's what Tim said. And I'm gonna choose to bleed. I got one more question for you, soccer related, after we tell you about what you can do for your dog. Oh yeah, rough greens America's number one dog supplement. It's all about your dog's long, healthy, happy life from the inside out. Good nutrition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something you sprinkle on your current dog food. You're not changing your dog dog's food. That's why thousands of added rough greens on top of whatever they're feeding their dog's life. Probiotics enzymes may get oils over twenty vitamins and minerals. It's America's number one dog supplement, all natural made the United States. You can try it for free.
Speaker 1: Don't change dog's food. Just add rough Greens. Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial. You just cover the shipping using the code the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstar trialbag at Roughgreens dot com. That's Ruffgreens dot com. And remember that promo code Armstrong Longevity, Happiness, energy, keeping your dog together. So don't change your dog's food. Just add rough Greens. Watch the health benefits come alive again. Are you ff Greens dot com. Use that promo code to Armstrong.
Speaker 3: Wolf Ooh, my local Imax is going to show The Odyssey on the Imax. The Odyssey comes out Friday, I think is the date, the seventeenth, and my son's going with his friends. I was hoping to take go out there. I guess I'll sit there by myself like some sort of sad person who wants to see the Odyssey.
Speaker 1: I'm an iliad guy. But if you want to waste your time to go ahead.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's I've never read it. I feel like this will help me along and I can kind of quote it for the rest of my life, having never had to read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretending that you're familiar with it.
Speaker 3: The same guy that made Oppenheimer and you know, a bunch of other really amazing movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's the usual argument online about is it woke or not? I just I just don't worry about that much, not paying any attention to that conversation. Well, what was I going to say, though? I had a comment on that. The odessit it is a lily ads is a quoting to that never mind.
Speaker 3: So quick soccer question before we take a break and then we get the mailbag. The four number one seeds have made it to the final four? Is that wasted time? Do we need to restructure something? Is that a good thing a bad thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just feels no big upside. It's like it's like the first time ever or the first time or something moderning history, whatever that means. Yeah, exactly. So yeah, it's just it's it happened. It's quirky, it's nutty, but don't worry about it. I gotta tell you, soccer has really grown on me. I didn't think it was possible. I've been mocking soccer my entire life.
Speaker 3: I think the announcers helped to He had a sports guy on last week. The announcers, at least on some of the matches I've watched, have done what they do during the Super Bowl every year, where they dumb it down, knowing there's a bunch of people watching who don't understand the game. Yeah, and they did that, and it helped me out, so I knew what the watch because that's the way it is with the all sports. Went to the Oakland A's game with my son, who doesn't know anything about baseball, and he was so bored. If you don't know what's going on, sports is incredibly boring. If you really know what's going on, every second is interesting.
Speaker 1: Right. Plus the more you watch, the more you see. Okay, they've moved the ball across the field, hoping to get a mismatch in an alignment so they could get the ball forward to Oh, look, they've reversed field. Now I'll bet they're gonna You start to anticipate and understand the rhythm and the structure of the game.
Speaker 3: It's exploded online as the selfiest, most selfish play in soccer history.
Speaker 1: Have you been following that one?
Speaker 3: Holland, the big star for Norway that I'm sure soccer was hoping he would go on as he's become the face of soccer worldwide. They got to see the giant, the striking Viking, the giants, but ponytailed striking Viking. Yes, Eric Holland, and he's running down the field. He beats his guy. He's all alone in the middle of the field with another guy coming down, and the other guy decides to take on three dudes, gets the ball kicked away from him.
Speaker 1: Rather than easily I could have done it.
Speaker 3: Passing it over to the biggest star on the planet and letting him do his thing was just awful.
Speaker 1: Not familiar with that controversy, but I'm willing to get angry about it online. I hope he feels bad about himself. Wanted to be the star. I guess he got a star right over there as I'm the ball boy. Did the US get passed by Belgium? Imagine that pantsed by Belgians.
Speaker 3: The best thing about Holland was his sister putting out a video on Instagram over the weekend mocking her brother because she does an impersonation of him. That is so funny. Wow, with her head sticking out in her chin walking, very very funny. Okay, we got mail bag up next.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 3: Two years ago today Donald Trump almost had his head blown off two years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. Milton Friedman, the Great Milton Friedman. The fundamental threat to freedom is power to coerce, be it in the hands of a monarch, a dictator, an oligarchy, or a momentary majority. Hurt An Australian woman given a speech about men masquarining as women, invading women's spaces, the whole transgender madness slash idiocy. And she points where she points out, we're told that these people are the downtrodden. How about I stand up for women in front of them? Who's going to get trampled them? Are me? If I say no? Women are women and men are men. Who's going to have the power in that situation? They're the most powerful people in our society, she said, And she's right. Mailbag who momentary majority drops a note? Mail Bag at Armstrong, you getdy dot A handful of notes like this from Anna Luisa and Muggy La mesa great to hear everyone together last Friday. I can't believe Joe he came back to the circus of real life. What with a full time sleeve boy Cadillac Margarita's in a twelve year old bottle of Scotch to sip every evening, you might have found a way to stay, hide out, find a lifeboat big enough to hide in. That's because Bison flipped him on his head and he thought, I've had enough of the wilderness. Yeah, getting the hell beat out of me. I gotta go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an interesting experience having that much freedom for that long. I'm not I'm not. Maybe we'll talk about it later. Our dear Tan rested and ready and Jack, Welcome back, Joe. I remember when Jack abandoned the show after nine to eleven happened? When nine to eleven happened, Joe leaves the show and senators start dropping never leave again. It's Ryan in Houston who mentions he's taking his fourteen year old son to the Railroad Museum in scenic Sacramento, California, which is if you even like like looking at trains go by, I know it sounds The Railroad Museum it does not sound after the first time anybody ever to me.
Speaker 3: It's a fantastic guy to tell my brother about that. Who is in town for the A's game? Is where the major League Baseball team? The A's play is right by the Railroad Museum more or less. What an amazing place that is to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, here's an argument for guys to go if you're into machines at all. They have some of the most amazing machines ever time. That giant steam engine, the locomotive that's like the size of a city block, and you look at all the connections and machinery and pumps and valves and all. It's hard to believe it ever existed. Anyway, Yeah, go to it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Moving along, let's see. Kevin the Texas Marine set mentions that every guest on Friday knocked it out of the park, especially hearing from Katie and that Anastasia Boden. Anastasia Boden is now one of his favorite human beings and needs a regular invite to the show from the Pacific Legal Foundation. She is a gem.
Speaker 3: She is really good and with a couple of big Supreme Court rulings coming down, it was great to have her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, terrific. That's you know, I missed some of the great interviews. That's how well. I'll never take a vacation again. A couple of messages for Jack from Julie. First, I hope Jack. I hope Joe brought Jack a nice souvenir moose hat or something, because that was an awfully long stretch for him to have to do the show on his own. Second, that he thinks he's reached Jack said, you said you reached an age where people are no longer annoyed by his incompetence and are happy to help him figure things out. Yes.
Speaker 3: I didn't do a lot e segment about that, because it's true, and I kept pointing out to my son, It's so funny. I now have problems with anything or can't find something, and people are, oh my gosh, that poor old man is lost or can't figure this out, and people gather around to help me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I've reached that age. Wow. But Julie suggests I think it's more likely that people are generally just friendly and helpful because he's only now experiencing this, not because he's over sixty, but because he finds worked to ditches, resting murder face. That's true. I do have a different face.
Speaker 3: Now, could be both, could be, could be the new face, no doubt about it. The new face has helped I purposefully changed my face.
Speaker 1: You can do it. Wow. Ah, Let's see Greg the army guy with a positive epiphany. Multiple explanation points. I had an epiphany, and it's wonderful. I'm a crusty old effort. As one gets old, as you know, and one becomes more and more conservative slash cynical, slash based in reality slash rage feeled angry at the world. I am that guy. However, I also have a weird part of my personality that is insanely optimistic. And he says, maybe the advancements in healthcare are coming. We will live much longer than what we thought was possible. We will in the next five to ten years, escape reach, escape velocity for aging. Healthcare will advance so much that at some point in our lifespan it will increase faster than we age. Therefore, there will be way more old, crusty old F's result, conservatism will rain, and all will be right with the world. Stop being the most depressing show in the world for about three minutes. Read this to your audience. It might be funny, but it's also true. Read this again five years from now. Yeah, te positive a fithe Yeah they have.
Speaker 3: You know, all the advancements we're making and keeping the body and the brain going, they have not changed anything about how you get worn down by life in cynical I don't know how that we're gonna deal with that.
Speaker 1: Or or disillusioned, which I've for years now I've thought is a weird word because people act like that's a bad thing. Walking around with illusions is good. No, disillusioned is good. Be a realist, understand how the world works, and find your happiness in reality in fantasies about how human beings behave anyway, But what.
Speaker 3: If you can't enjoy any new this or that because you've been around so long you've seen them all and it's like one another one of those what reach for the bottle?
Speaker 1: I don't know and Getty