Speaker 1: Welcome to the Raves Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens have an AFC North matchup this weekend. They're heading on the road to face off with the Cleveland Browns. As they get ready for that game, today we heard from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Okay, good seeing everybody. Appreciate you guys being here, beautiful day, good practice. We have a lot on our plate and we're you know, you guys have done a good job. It's been a good week of practice, very focused week. We've got to try to go out there and Sunday and put our best foot forward and play our best game. That's what we'll be striving to do. What questions you have, John, With Marland.
Speaker 3: Not really practicing at all this week, we kind of think his chances are from Sunday.
Speaker 2: I think we'll find out as we get closer to Sunday, get through the injury report today, and then to see where we are on Sunday with really all those guys.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: On the flip side, how excited are you to get Arthur Molett back given some of the guys banged up in the secondary and knowing what he did for you guys last year defensively Arthur's done a great job of working hard. You know, he's he's been out for a while. It's been he's been chomping at the bit. He's uh, he's been anxious and uh he's uh, he's worked hard. So we'll see how it looks and see how he looks and looking forward, Tony. Anybody that we have that healthy and wants to play and it's a good player, we like to have him out there. John, John, there is a report while we were while you guys are out there, that Rokwan was fine.
Speaker 4: I guess for the for that in the game.
Speaker 2: We didn't chose to ask you about that on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: What did what did you make of that play?
Speaker 2: Did you did you see any element of a hip drop when you look at that on film? I mean, what was your Yeah, I mean you can parse all that. It's it becomes really fine. It's fine tuning, you know, to determine those things. So I think they'll look at I'm sure they look at every element of that, and I'm sure there'll be continued conversation on that. But just as far as as Rogue goes, you know, Rose fighting to go make a tackle there, we're trying to get off the field. We're trying to get out of the game with a victory, and he would never do anything. Well, Number one, he would never do anything to hurt another player. I think everybody knows that. And he would never do anything that's outside the rules, and everybody knows that. That's how he plays. So he tries to do it according to the rules, just like all our guys do. I think Kyle showed that too with that hit you know, downfield in the on the on the receiver. You try to do it as best you can within the rules.
Speaker 3: John. Obviously that type of tackle isn't being coached. It seems more instinctial than anything. How tough is it to kind of take it out of the game. I know that's what the league wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm not really not probably the place right now in my mind right now to have that whole debate and conversation. We had that conversation you know, in the off season, and there's a lot of ins and outs to it, but right now, you know, for me, for Row, for all the guys, just try to do the best you can to play within the rules, you know, and do it the right way, and the effective way, and you know, the fundamentally sound way and the safe way. I mean, that's that's what we try always to do our best at Johnny.
Speaker 5: Think that Jalen could come back with without a lot of RUSS after missing that.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of possibilities for who could be active on Sunday and playing, you know, So we'll be working through that for sure. Got forty eight hours. Really it's a little less than forty eight now, it's about forty seven hours and fifty minutes. You know, we'll probably be able to work all that out by game time, hopefully.
Speaker 3: With you working with what you saw from Keaton Mitchell about this.
Speaker 2: Week, Yeah, I think it's good to have Keaton back and he's ramping up.
Speaker 4: Likewise, I'm having Zay back.
Speaker 1: How much does that you know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How much does that help for the offense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Self evident probably answer. You know, I mean Zay being back, if he's back, would be awesome. You know, he's a big part of what we do for sure. John Marlin's injury aside, how impressed you've been within this season, uh, Marlin? How impressive I've been with Marlin? Yeah, I've been very impressed. I mean, you know, I you know, just the thing about that game last week was the fact that, and this is true really of any game, you know, you got to step up and make plays at some point in time just get stopped. Somebody's got to make some kind of play. You gotta make a tackle at least a sack, a sack, fumble, turn on an interception or recovered fumble, a fourth down stop, a third down stop. You know, all those things are playmaking things. So Marlin made two huge plays in that game. You know, it's probably indicative of heighs played all year. He's not perfect, he wants to get better. We're all chasing improvement every single day. But you know that was that was huge for us.
Speaker 1: We also heard from a wide receiver or shot.
Speaker 3: Baby, we're starting to see your impact show up on a more consistent basis. I mean, how do you feel right now in terms of your game compared to this point of your career.
Speaker 5: I'm blessed, you know, I feel good, but you know, always hungry for more. I'm just following the leader of Lamar right now. You know, we only on what we ate right now. It's a long season. We're trying to get back to the RIC Championship. So you know, I'm thankful and them blessed, but you know, my main goal is winning more games.
Speaker 3: Is there a different vibe in this locker room considering how far you guys did go last year and you're right back in the thick of things again this year. What what's kind of the tone right now compared to maybe where you guys were last year?
Speaker 5: It definitely it, It's definitely you know, the same, you know, as far as the vibe. But this team does a good job, you know, separating the two seasons. You know, last year, you know what we did don't carry over into this year. And you know we done a good job, but keeping them too separated and just coming to work every day and and showing up, you know, putting the hours. They relate to the guys that were here last year know what winning feels like, and the leaders that we have on this team. So they done a a good job of you know, sharing what they know how to continue to win games.
Speaker 3: You guys have another dominant Russian attack again this year. Now Derrick Henry is a part of that. H I do you notice as a receiver how difficult it is for defenses to try to stop you guys.
Speaker 5: I mean I would, I would definitely assume it. It's probably hard. It's a lot of a lot of weapons you gotta think about, especially with the run game doing what it's doing in the past game do what it's doing, and and you gotta account for a la more so. I mean, I'm just glad I'm not a defensive coordinator because I don't know how we'll do it right now.
Speaker 4: So see them?
Speaker 1: Is the big play? Like a point menis that you actually hit it in Sunday's game?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Are those big plays?
Speaker 2: Something that are forts is you want to see him.
Speaker 5: We want every play to be a big play. So you know, e every run that's called, every you know past no matter what it is, you know, our job is to turn it into a big play. Uh. It might not happen every time, but that's the goal of every play. So hopefully, you know, we can make every play a big play.
Speaker 1: We saw the the uh the scramble drill last week where Lamar was kind of directing you. You called it. How talk to me about the feel of those plays where you had to have to know where he's going. He has a sense of of where you are when the play breaks down.
Speaker 5: I've been able to put in those hours with him and like learn how you play football, and it's been it's been carrying over like that kind of.
Speaker 3: Speak to where the chemistry is between YouTube right now hit on a play like that on.
Speaker 5: Scramble, Yeah, I mean, I mean we can call it chemistry or we can call it unavailability. I I haven't been available for Lamar you though, and be able to be comfortable with me in those situations. And I am on the field more. I'm getting more targets than I ever have, you know, since I've been in the league. So I think that's kind of bound to happen at some point.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the difference in coverage, because, uh, you fels have to, especially the safeties that have to play up a little more now.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just feel like we see a lot of different things just because you know, we do have a lot of weapons and it's a lot of different ways you can play us, and it's not just one best way to play us. So you know, everybody's gonna give us the best shot, you know, and give us you know, exotic defenses, you know, weekend and week out, But it all starts from the more I get done a good job of dissecting everything and breaking it all down. And yeah, you know, uh hopefully we continue to do that trying.
Speaker 4: You had to deal with a lot of criticism just from your availability standpoint, as you said, and just uh connection with Lamar wasn't always where it was for you to have this kind of season, to start breaking out over the past few games and demonstrate more over the.
Speaker 3: Course of the season.
Speaker 4: Just is there a satisfaction for you?
Speaker 5: And not right now? It was so bad that all I can do is just want more, you know, for the team and for myself. And I've always been, you know, confident in what I can do my abilities, But I don't know why I got hurt in the past. It really wasn't nothing that I could even do to prevent, you know, eat the injuries that happened to me. So you know, right now, I'm just you know, thankful, but you know, just being a competitor and just coming to work every day, you know, not trying to get complacent.
Speaker 1: This is the Ravens Press Past podcast kick off on Sundays at one o'clock on CBS. You can check the game out there, Thank you so much for listening, and we'll be back with you with another edition of Press Past and the Lounge Podcast after the Game on Sunday