Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy and this is Rick and Bubba's greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning. Wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's Greatest.
Speaker 2: Tips, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: This is a I was telling y'all earlier that a friend of mine at the gala last night left their phone at the at the office, I mean at the banquet last night while I was still there. So I now have his phone. Yeah, which means I've been having some fun with it. Would you like to know some text I've already sent to them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, here we go. Here's some text, some of them he will only get some of them.
Speaker 5: All of y'all will get.
Speaker 3: Text number one to our friend Mark Garnett. I have been praying and now feel led to pay your house off. Let's talk at lunch, all right. To Fellowbama fan and all out Bama fan Doug Travis uh and Jordie. There's no bigger Bama fan than Jordy and Doug. I'm tired of sabing war Eagle. I'm done with him. Okay, So I said that one to your daughters, to your daughters. Daddy has decided to lose fifty pounds. May be the worst one, and this is the only one he'll get to Neil Bird, look at his face, his face, Okay, Neil, give up the suit, come into the new Millennium.
Speaker 6: Jordie's gonna have a busy Davy.
Speaker 3: He's running in here.
Speaker 6: To get that phone.
Speaker 5: So I cannot so anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, if somebody if you leave your phone with one of us, and you.
Speaker 7: Know what he is, you know, I hate hate Jordy. Hey, why do you see the ones I sent to your wife Kim?
Speaker 6: I like, did you hear?
Speaker 3: Did you hear that?
Speaker 6: One already said?
Speaker 5: How did you send this to me? I think that's me?
Speaker 3: That would have been she said, No, did you leave your phone last night at the gala?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thanks buddy. It's all over now.
Speaker 4: Hate.
Speaker 3: Now you've got to deal with those texts I've seen, Geordy, did you say one to.
Speaker 6: Just a couple of things? Why don't you have a pass code on your phone so people can't do that?
Speaker 3: I can remember past cut the good news, the good news.
Speaker 6: This will take thumb print. I don't have to remember much. Well, just when you power it up.
Speaker 5: My kids tell me I'm behind the times. That's an old phone, but it works. Is your Your daughter's gonna be thrilled with your new commitment. They've probably been praying like that. I ain't believing you.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's all good. Daddy loves you, Geordy. The text are bad.
Speaker 6: But let me tell you this before you go too far.
Speaker 3: I will check your photos. Yeah, why did you see your new background?
Speaker 8: Yeah that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Isn't that good?
Speaker 6: It'll be a good day in the old one.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Jim Foyd was in here in the old.
Speaker 6: Days, if anybody left their camera laying around.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't leave camera right now? Oh thank you for coming. Listener, what a grade event. I know that you wish I hadn't left your phone.
Speaker 5: How did you end up with Sherry?
Speaker 3: He's inured. I noticed since the book has come out, that's you know, that used to be the common thing that Bubba and I dealt with all the time, and then it's almost like it went away because the wives were doing their own things. And now that she's come back into the spotlight a little bit with the book, which is you know.
Speaker 5: That has started all over again. I watched you. You you played a wonderful wife role last night at the gala. Yeah, you sat there. You were very supportive, you were very submissive.
Speaker 3: I thought, I thought I did good.
Speaker 5: I mean, your wife was the glass act and you were the wind beneath her.
Speaker 2: Wi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was. She was being honored that night. I wasn't being honored. I was being honored indirectly because I'm her husband.
Speaker 5: But I don't know how you got that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jordy, I've been I've been worried about you. God, God the last time he can do miracles like that. That's right, That is a miracle, Burgess, it is, it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's classy.
Speaker 3: Well, we tried to be Pharaoh and Lee Major's last night, and I think we might have pulled half that off.
Speaker 6: Did you really wear a peace symbol?
Speaker 3: You know, that's you know, that's the sixties, you had peace six.
Speaker 5: High war whatever Kim told me to wear.
Speaker 3: Really it looked good over your Columbia vestal. Was nobody had Columbia vest on in the seventies. Oh you missed her unbutton. That's the way I normally wear it. We were looking.
Speaker 5: Good showing his chest hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, asking for extra steak. Oh did he get an extra buddy?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 5: Did you bid me money?
Speaker 3: Hone? I noticed you had somebody else's card.
Speaker 5: Should we talk about that? All right? Let me tell you.
Speaker 8: What is y'all deal.
Speaker 5: Over the place?
Speaker 6: See this is standard. I know what to expect anytime I'm at this one. You don't leave your phone lying around out a pass you know you don't. And if there's a solid auction, I have to go through it and mark out my name where Rick's bid for me right on every item, every every item, and I have to be very careful. I usually don't even sign up and get a number because it will go missing, and then behind me I'll be bidding for stuff.
Speaker 3: Well this wasn't well, let me tell you what this was. I think what you did is absolutely appropriate. And I'll tell you why. They had on every table you're supposed to everybody who bought tickets supposed to be there. So when you sit at your seat, you had a card that on the back of it had a number, and that number was went with your name. Okay, so it was there. So when they did the live auction at the Hentson Travis and who forget who was there. It's your table. They had the guy that didn't show up, so his number still there though. Oh yeah, you don't get the numbers. When you arrive. They make a number for you with your name printed on it. And I look back at Geordie Stadement, like, look at big hearted Jordie. I mean, he's bidding like a man. One of the guys with the whistle just stood beside him. Right, mister Brown is going to get a few calls today. But you know what, he had to step up. That's a great ministry.
Speaker 5: Well last night he had a big heart he did.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's right.
Speaker 5: Five thousand dollars was a huge amount for here.
Speaker 3: When I saw them going over to Geordie's table on the five thousand dollars bid, I was like, you must have closed that deal.
Speaker 5: We been there was a lot of pressure, yeah, and you wanted to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what I did? So what you did instead of you sacrificially giving, you let someone else sacrificially give.
Speaker 9: You know what, as long as the money gets can I say I might win? So you brilliant flash democrat pretty much.
Speaker 8: And I liked it.
Speaker 3: That's what it's like. A great feeling Bernie Sanders for a night.
Speaker 5: It felt goods giving somebody else's money away O PM.
Speaker 3: But uh, and I know I noticed. I noticed you and Kim didn't dance. What was up with that, Geordie.
Speaker 5: You know I struggled on the dance for a little bit, Geordy, I broke both my ankles from my feet turned out.
Speaker 3: But that's all right. It's like watching a little pinkun dance, you know.
Speaker 6: Are they like my knees? They just buckle from the way.
Speaker 5: Plus Kim can dance. Imagine it was a dancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not Georgie, take dance. Can I tell you what Greg and you you may have missed this. Something was said last night that on this show is going to be monumental to it really is. This quote took place last night. Mom and Dad are there and I said, and they're kind of you know, Mom's kind of moving to the music. And I said that you and Dad are going to get out there and dance. She says the following phrase, Well, you know I can't dance now. Your dad's a great dancer. Dad, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: But I can't dance for you.
Speaker 3: When I said dancer, we missed that and she said, she said, oh yeah, you're dack and your dad can dance. Well we missed that. And I said what pictures and uh and and they never proved it. He did moonwalk one time. Yeah, but but she goes, oh yeah, your dad she got. I said, well, can you just follow his lead? She goes, well, that's what I have to do. So you would have to follow dad's lead if y'all danced, And she said, oh, yeah, he can dance. And I was like, really, so, what what does it?
Speaker 6: I mean, like more formal dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she was talking about because they're kids of the field, because we're free lancers. Yeah, I think that she's talking about if they went out there and did their dancing of their day, that he actually can do it. So I really wanted that. And then a lot of thee replacement talk and all that, so I didn't. I mean, he never did it, but I wanted to see it.
Speaker 5: He was dancing inside, yeah.
Speaker 3: He was, but but he behaved for him, I thought he behaved. He did. Yeah, he's the music was loud, people couldn't hear him. That's one he had one little you know, like when is the food you know when you know here colling schedule, here's here's what his quote was, and you do this. So he was just like you, Jordie Hinson. I'm pointing to Jordan, hey, hey, and I look over and I said, Dad, what he goes? Are we sitting with Rick and sheer? How can we can't get any food? And I'm like, then, I know what table this is and she's a gast matter. How can we get fair? And I was like, Dad, he was he didn't last and he was last as first.
Speaker 5: I mean he got on me, he said. I was sitting way in the back. I said, well, I'm not eating with I'm not eating with Rick, right, yeah, so I'm going where I'm usually positioned in the very back table.
Speaker 3: So you don't have to dance.
Speaker 5: Don't have to dance, but I can bed for.
Speaker 3: Mister Brown on behalf of mister Brown. Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Hey, sure he did a great job. Really, what a great honor. Thank you, Bud.
Speaker 6: Well, we better go for my phone, get phone on behalf of the staff.
Speaker 3: Thanks for leaving your phone. And you're a hearted this now come back and go back with in me and they're going yet it is I can see you will, we'll be back. It's all good stuff. I didn't take anything negative. Right, Well, we'll be back more ricking bubba right after this.
Speaker 2: Ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 3: Talking another minute, then kind of hang out and then everybody raise your hand? Who wants kirky coffin?
Speaker 6: So why.
Speaker 4: Let it?
Speaker 3: Scott most didn't you know you still to stay record?
Speaker 8: He did, but he ordered Uh.
Speaker 6: Matter of fact, there's a plaque that marks the spot that does Loba saw you on some list.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, I've been on a lot of lists.
Speaker 6: It was that little it was that little magazine that the state.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, does it happen when he poses with it? You know he's got that seriously.
Speaker 3: No, it's just got It's got like the least smiling real No pictures, no pictures.
Speaker 6: You know, there's there's a bunch of categories for turkey stuff. You know, Gary still has the state record for the spur Big boy, Gary, No boys, Gars.
Speaker 8: My mouth is getting dry now?
Speaker 3: What what? What's going on?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 3: What you were saying that you had some sort of experience you was gonna share with us or something?
Speaker 5: I know you love to cook.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I'm kind I kind of, uh, you know, kind of step off in the you know, the culinary arts and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: You know, he love to cook.
Speaker 6: I do love man can make some pies, yeah, walking, I don't wonder where they're at.
Speaker 8: Must have forgot how but yeah, but mostly kind of tradition.
Speaker 3: Are you likely to salad them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I kind of stay traditional. But I wanted to try something, and you know, a lot of more buddies said, man, you order to try this sometimes. So I was down at my shop working. I put this on Facebook, and uh, everybody wanted to hear the story, and I said, what I'm not telling If I can hold it together, my phone's.
Speaker 8: Going off right now, down put it on, do not.
Speaker 11: I I was making as a turkey call and I kind of got hunger this after lunch, I said, well, I'm gonna I'm gonna try to run the grocery store and get something, you know, put it on while I'm working on turkey calls. Well, I went to the store and I saw what guys was wanting me to to buy and try to fix, you know, So I bought me a pack of it, brought it home, got on the internet, and tried to figure out, you know, watching YouTube, try to fix it, what to put in it, and every thing's going good. I put it in the bowler, you know, water and put all my ingredients, you know, spices and onions and spices.
Speaker 8: Yeah, boiler.
Speaker 11: So I went back down to the shop to finish up some turkey calls, some turkey coss.
Speaker 8: Are you gonna say this? Do you want meke?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, I'm I'm just practicing, all right.
Speaker 11: Well, about thirty minutes, I said I better go check on how many minutes? About thirty minutes, you know, I just had them on low summary, you know, And I opened the front door to go in sign and I started hollering at the dogs. I said, one of y'all had do do even flooring.
Speaker 3: Like oh wow, Garry.
Speaker 11: And I went to the back over and let them out, and I went to looking.
Speaker 5: Because you thought somebody left something?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Thought they left something big, yeah, got on them. So I went over there.
Speaker 8: What it was? I was trying to cook and I didn't know this, but you put chitlings on. Oh.
Speaker 11: I opened the lid of that thing. Hey, I lost here and in my left eye.
Speaker 8: It was bad.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you, it was bad and hey, I had to apologize.
Speaker 8: I had to apologize to my dog.
Speaker 3: You have to say I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that wasn't him.
Speaker 11: But anyway, I'm telling you, I tried my best.
Speaker 8: Not you know, I cooked them another hour or two and they said they was already fully cooked. Yeah, but the smell in that house. I had to open the doors.
Speaker 11: Really, there's no way. I held my nose and just tried to take a little bit of it. And you know if you hold your nose and swallo, you know it's not your ears up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh, there's no way that I could put that in my mouth. I just couldn't.
Speaker 8: It just wouldn't go where they gary.
Speaker 3: Are you sure were they did? You get the rock?
Speaker 11: One's here said they was hand cleaned, so.
Speaker 3: They gotta be.
Speaker 6: They gotta be stumped cleaned and creek water.
Speaker 8: Well, I know my you know my grandma grandpa.
Speaker 11: They used to slam them against the fence posts, you know, corn stuff out of theres.
Speaker 8: You won't have to worry about me, no way. I ain't no way.
Speaker 6: But you have to pass over a lot of other dishes to get to that, right.
Speaker 3: What made you go with Chitling's.
Speaker 8: No I tell you.
Speaker 11: And I even got in the garbage can and dug out the package. I thought they'd sold missacle buttholes, but I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Ready for.
Speaker 3: What one of them going to pound.
Speaker 8: I don't know, but there's expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was My first thought was that were they not stumping the slung and clean? But you said they said they were stump they was.
Speaker 11: You know, i's read not checked that package. I said they something ain't cleaning.
Speaker 4: But this.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for the dogs. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, you know I had to call them and talk real sweet to them. You know, they thought I was mad.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that little shit she got was on me, Bella.
Speaker 8: She usually runs and hide when she he to tear something up.
Speaker 3: So what what did you do with them?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: I went ahead and finished them and I put him in Uh. I put him in one of the uh little plastic like a tupper Worth.
Speaker 3: Thing, one you didn't never want to keep again.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, disposed one and uh I made sure I put it in my truck and I went down you know the town. That guy that's been working for me, Old Albert. You know, I took a boat right. Oh yeah, he loves anything. He's one telling me I needed.
Speaker 3: So it was Albert that told you to fish.
Speaker 8: Huh so, uh I give him Albert? And uh? Well, I said, now, don't open he's in the truck, I.
Speaker 6: Said, And.
Speaker 3: Did he did?
Speaker 6: He indicate you had cooked him?
Speaker 8: No, the way he tore into them.
Speaker 3: Got to be kidding me. I thought something was wrong with him.
Speaker 11: No, Well, I don't know. Somebody eat that right there? They eat anything I might not order said that on the radio.
Speaker 3: Which part don't know? Yeah, where we're going? What is reading them? Anybody hereby chitling?
Speaker 11: I haven't the problem name. There's not chitlings there, chittering chitterlings. Yeah, but you know, I just say chitling chitling. I cooked the chitlings out of them now.
Speaker 9: But I smelled something being cooked a pressure cooker one time. But they were cooking him on the back porch because of the smell.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they need to do that. But I'm telling you, I couldn't even put it. You know, I couldn't even Why.
Speaker 6: Would Why would we cook and eat something that tastes so bad or smell so bad?
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: And you said it didn't even taste good, right, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I couldn't even get it in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Try, Yeah, holding his nose and everything.
Speaker 8: I was like, Jim, carry on that movie, you know, Yeah, I just cult movie. Yeah. I could smell it whole in my nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, messed your whole. It was this Lake Mitchell or you.
Speaker 8: No, this is at my house. Yeah, I'm glad you Well, I'm facing go. No, Gary Is.
Speaker 3: It's worked every time.
Speaker 6: Gearedy, you know somebody tied your record. Now you're you're co leader.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he killed one. I think one of his was two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Phone calls her next.
Speaker 8: To get out of here.
Speaker 3: No, you're gonna wait and meet the neked cowboy.
Speaker 6: Where you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: And you got to take care of Scott. You gotta get Hey, look at Moss. Moss is ready for his crawl.
Speaker 6: Masss Moss up, mass mass out.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rick, do you know scat Mountain?
Speaker 2: I do, yes, ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 3: I've been on like a seven week deal of doing conferences and events and stuff like that, and then the expo and and and it never fails. I can try every way in the world to try to get the ex Bow to fit into a weekend. I don't have a lot going on, but it just didn't work and we had to move it to this time because it was best for everybody else. But it's terrible for me, you know what I mean, because I've got football starting on Friday night, and without fail, it won't matter. It won't matter how we rotated around, because when when I'm when I'm teaching Sunday school, we rotate with between three teachers or our four teachers. Now it's back to three, and it doesn't matter. We could we could name it right now again, and my rotation will come up.
Speaker 5: The weekend of the x Bow.
Speaker 3: Let it's just going to I mean, there's no way around it. And we always do with our Men's Ministry. We do that four times a year, and one of them is always you know this, this is the summer one. So anyway, so I knew that, and I'd already come off you know, some pretty pretty busy weeks, and I told the guy, the boys going to work on the ex bow on Saturday. I said, look, guys, let me shoot everybody straight right now. I said, we're going to get up and go work the x bow. I said, then I'm gonna get up Sunday morning and teach eight o'clock Sunday school. I'm on teach at eleven o'clock Sunday school. I'm gonna go to the expo and then I'm gonna go to Man Church and then I'm gonna be I'm gonna go to bed. Let me tell you what I cannot have this weekend is drama, I said. I said, there's gonna be no drama. I said, I don't want any drama. So they started on Saturday. But Dad, but Dad, And I said, no, yeah, no, Dad, No, there's no day. There's no but Dad. You guys have had a very active social life. And I said, I know, big love you got. You got an a C. T thing coming up. And I said, so you're gonna study tonight. You went out with your buddies Friday night, went the ball game, and all that you're gonna You're gonna stay home, just like we talked about it. I don't want to hear in the middle of this this weekend that you'all trying to go against Mama on what we've already decided. And then there was some there was a birthday party or something for the other one. And that's where you're going, okay, and you're gonna go to that, but dad, but Dad, could I go to the fight after that? And I said, so some people watching the fight? And I said, look, I don't know what time the fight is. That your your curfew is your curfew.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: And I said, let me tell you something. If I am in there going to bed and I hear drama.
Speaker 6: About unhappy, I will be unhappy.
Speaker 3: I said, I let me tell you something. I better not get drugging the drama. And I said, let y'all say it back to me. I won't say no, you say drama, No drama, drama, I said, I better not have any drama. If anybody stirs, mom up, it's weekend. Y'all had it, Okay, honestly, I don't even there's no more but dad, but Dad, I mean, I said, it's like I've handed y'all script and we're gonna work the script. Okay, nobody's gonna vary off the off the syllabus, right, so anyway, so it goes smooth.
Speaker 6: Run the play run.
Speaker 3: Then of course you know there's the first we're eating after the expos there?
Speaker 12: Do you not?
Speaker 3: But Dad, good gosh, somebody said, but dad, but dad, if I like studied like right now, I mean by nine o'clock. I mean I've been studying for six of three hours. And then I said, you're studying it, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 5: It's over.
Speaker 3: I mean then all of a sudden, sixteen you up. But Dad, I can probably that party probably is gonna be wrapping up. I mean, this thing's gonna be coming on late. I said, the curfew is the curfew. Okay, I better not be pulled into drama. Okay, this is drama free. So anyway, So I'm sitting there, I'm looking, I'm getting ready. I know, I got I know, I got six o'clock alarm Sunday morning, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: I'm out.
Speaker 3: I said, Cherry's in there, you know, got her a little book. I'll snuggle.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bed.
Speaker 3: I'm out, great, I baby, love you, all right, yeah, dud, Yeah, Brody's texting you. Where's my phone? It's sitting there on the kitchen on the charger. What is he texting?
Speaker 5: Who? Just want no fittings? Stay for the fight?
Speaker 3: I said, how to money?
Speaker 5: How to mighty?
Speaker 3: I mean keep I'm speaking to a door in the darkness, I said, son, Son, if anybody knocks on this door again, I want one young broad wreck the Tasmo Burgess to come through that door at eleven thirty. I do not care about the fight, and I don't I don't want to hear about the fight. Yes, sir, that I hear something in there at the castle? Is that your mother? Is that your mother? Are y'all bringing her in this? I said, no drama like that. Yes, sir, If this is not Sherry Burgess, I will kill whoever it is. Somebody be the only person who will not be killed right now is my wife, m Brooks.
Speaker 4: Is that you.
Speaker 5: Brody don't have a ride home?
Speaker 3: Did he not drive? No, sir, he rolled somebody and he said they're watching the fund. I said, well, I guess you're going to get him. If you think I'm coming out of here and going to get Brody Burgess, you're out of your mind. That's why I went through driving tests, and that's why I went through cars. I am done with going to get Brody. And I know he's over at Maine's house. And I hate their neighborhood. I hate that gate, I hate that back thing. I ain't going to Maine, and I said, I better not hear of this again. I said, here's what I want to do. I want to hit my alarm clock at six am and get up and everybody be here. I don't even care how it happens. I said, please do not pull me in this. And I said, if now hold, you're instill in the dark, right, I'm completely in the dark. Okay. All I can see is a clock in there, my bows. That Paul Harvey made me a bout. If somebody else knocks on this door and it's not your mama, because personally mama knows knock on, she gonna walk in here. Your mama is your mamachine, flip lots on.
Speaker 5: She do what she wants to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear from another another son. The last next thing I want to hear from the sun is you walking in talking about how you're ready to go to church. That's all I want to hear. That's the last time I want to add out. If if I if somebody else comes and I tell you what, I better not here now, he still han't come in. What Dad? If if I hear if I, if I hear your mother, I said, if your mother gets pulled into this and I hear her hollering at y'all. I said, that's officially gonna be drama. We're right on the edge of drama. And I said, what did I say, no drama? I said, so that's what I said. I said, if I hear your mother hollering at y'all in this house, I'm gonna come through it through those doors and grippies and I'm gonna be taking names. And I said, I will come with one a belt in one hand and underwear on and that's it. You'll you'll all be hit with a belt from a big, shirtless, bearded man and it'll it'll traumatize you for the rest of your life. You got that. I guess I'm going to get brody. That's right, That's exactly what's happening, because I ain't going. So I went to dad out, thought, you.
Speaker 6: Please after you've gone over it to about eight times too.
Speaker 3: That's mm hmm. It's it's just like I mean, we had that gets replayed at our house. I mean, how about this, y'all all got your syllabus? I told you how this was going. What would make you think I would change.
Speaker 2: The mystery Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: How about how was your weekend, Buddy?
Speaker 6: Well, Rick, it was a great weekend. Uh hate we missed to drop the mock tour and uh you know, maybe next time we'll be available to be able to do that. We had some scheduling issues, but it sound like y'all had a great time.
Speaker 3: It was great, and we talked about that in the first hour. If you missed it, including an interview with Lisa Burgess, who flew.
Speaker 5: For the first time.
Speaker 6: That that is amazing, go back in that and your archive if you missed. So as as the schedule ended up shaking out, we ended up down at the Lake this weekend, do a little work, do a little moving, which is always fun and a story in itself. But there's a lot of fans of the show everywhere we go, and we appreciate that. Yeah, I'm honored. I mean, we don't hear from some folks.
Speaker 5: I get worried.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what we do. Oh yeah, bub and I've talked about it. Whenever we feel like the show is slipping, we will we will. We'll put on Rick and Bubba's shirts, the logo shirts, whatever, and walk around in a crowded area to see if ny, but I'll say something.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I head straight to them.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: So it's a busy weekend out on the waterways Rick, a lot of boat shows going on, a lot of events, and it just so happened this weekend was what they call the in water boat show. So all these marinas have these boats out and I love going to look at them. I mean, they're impressive. The way they build these things, and the latest features they have and all that they can put on a boat. Now, it's just amazing to me. So we're down there, but we're there to work for the most part. So we have a very limited wardrobe. And we had a friend say, well, what are y'all doing for dinner tonight? And I said, well, we don't have any real plans. They said, well, why don't you come with us up to one of the marinas because they're having.
Speaker 3: A boat's show.
Speaker 6: And I thought, well, this is what you normally have at a boat show. You have boats parked out and you go look at it. They said, oh no, this is like a boat fashion show. The boats are actually going to drive by and you get to see them. So and the most important part rick. They have free food, so you know, if you if you got bull trimp, then that's the place to go. So we go up to the event and you know, we're kind of lost to this. You know, I'd never been to this particular event. And sure enough we get set up there and what is so funny The boats come by and they've got a guy with a microphone, a big pa and they're telling you about the boat as it drives by, and then it stops and it does a circle like it's on a catwalk and then go on back by. I had never seen I had never seen a boat fashion ship. I thought that was the coolest thing. And they got music playing in the bay. It's just like you're at a fashion show, but it's world.
Speaker 3: They trying to get you to buy the boats. Are they trying to show off there?
Speaker 6: I mean, they want to sell boats. That's why they're that's what it's about. And all these vendors come in and all these manufacturer reps and all this so they got the latest, greatest, all the toys and all that stuff. But it is just so funny to see a boat go floating by. This year by model is oh no, and uh and and you know it spins around though. That's what was so cool to spin it right around and drive off. That was so we met some folks there, and this one lady is a big fan of the show and she wanted to get a picture. So, you know, we lined up, we got you know, the water behind us all this, got somebody to take the picture, and and you know we're we're hugged up there to take the photograph, and Rick, she grabs me right in the butt just I mean, like palm in a basketball and then and then pulls it out to a pinch.
Speaker 8: You know, Wow, got your little groo pitch.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was one of us when we're like we do in the studio.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the last time I got grabbed that good, it was speedy.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, do you get your picture made with George h w who was her favorite magic was her favorite illusionist to David Copperfield, what what did? She grabbed her like a basket?
Speaker 6: Saw, I said, And I said, I said, how about that? You too?
Speaker 3: Hashtag me too?
Speaker 6: Well, Greg, thank you for jumping ahead. But you know I got to thinking, you know, after it was all over and we you know, we had a good time, laughed off. But wait when it was all over, should I check into hashtag me too? Have I been me too?
Speaker 3: Knowledge? Y'all laughed at She just said, hey, yeah, hold up, this was not this was a.
Speaker 5: Mistake or something.
Speaker 6: No, this was not a mistake.
Speaker 3: WHOA wait a minute? Should you be talking about this?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 6: It was just funny to me. It was That's why, And I got to think it. Should I be offended by this?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. You have it going on?
Speaker 5: What was up?
Speaker 13: Turned?
Speaker 3: I had my work clothes? What caused this woman to stumble?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: Evening you're telling me you.
Speaker 3: Didn't have you didn't have a couple of buttons down?
Speaker 12: Did you know?
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 14: Is the report.
Speaker 3: Your court low? So this is the there's this. This woman palmed your.
Speaker 6: Lebron lebron James going in for a dunk and gave it a tings coming out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I like when she snapped it.
Speaker 6: I think I got to thinking, I do I need to hashtag me to?
Speaker 3: You need some counseling? Is your press conference today?
Speaker 6: I really needing counseling?
Speaker 3: Are you the brad Pitt? Marina?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Definitely not, definitely not.
Speaker 3: I just think she was a big fan of the show. Are you constantly asking yourself what did you do to give her that indication that you were open for that? Yeah? Thank you. You need to speak up for the rest of us and make a big deal out of this.
Speaker 8: Did she smile you when she did it?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not a piece of me, you are not.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Was there a little hint of alcohol coming off her?
Speaker 6: You know they probably some of that.
Speaker 3: Rick was the Catalina one mixer? Now start making Yeah, it's starting making a little more sense. But I gotta know something.
Speaker 5: Did she look at you and go how about that?
Speaker 8: Did she like?
Speaker 3: Did y'all? Did y'all?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't remember the term palm of basketball? Really, you know, I don't remember the exact wording.
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 13: Did you?
Speaker 6: But I mean several people there they saw it.
Speaker 3: Was there one of those moments where there's one of those moments where you like, the.
Speaker 6: Best a picture turned out?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let me ask you this. That was there a moment? Was there a moment where you thought, well, I'm mistaken. That didn't just happen. Now, you know, you have to get your mind going to that she's not here. Yeah, it was pretty funny. I took it as a compliment. So, well, that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: One of the other folks there asked me, said, well, how did Betty take it? And I said, I think she just glad something else is happened. The shoulder, the load. Have you contacted Glory already?
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 3: Stand up slider.
Speaker 4: You need? You know what.
Speaker 6: I'm just glad you listened to the show.
Speaker 3: Did you need any counseling?
Speaker 6: No, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I wish.
Speaker 3: So you said.
Speaker 8: So you said it.
Speaker 3: It was complete with the pinch at the end, rolled it out. I never see body that was. I mean it was quite a calm, right, So it was.
Speaker 5: It was this and then out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any any cup under the cheek?
Speaker 6: No, it was just a quick you know, just a quick pom pull out. I don't know what you call that.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 3: I appreciate her listening to the show.
Speaker 6: I noticed I hadn't got the pictures.
Speaker 3: I asked her to see me the picture. I didn't didn't funny that look on your face. I want you to know the surprise was it. I want you to know you're not to blame.
Speaker 6: It's not I mean, it's not my fault.
Speaker 3: You didn't ask for that, you didn't blame. You are not responsible anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could remember if this hashtag me too or hashtag what about me? I couldn't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to the phones we go. We'll start with David Huntsville, Alabama, trolling trolling trolley.
Speaker 6: Keep them phone to trolley.
Speaker 3: Here we come from trolley funk Troe. Hello, David, welcome to the program. Go ahead.
Speaker 15: Well, thank you, sir, and I'm glad that y'all took my call here.
Speaker 16: Reason the girl ought to sue the city the cool for that title, because my daughter is in the grade level that I never see in our straight a's.
Speaker 15: I think he's only made two beds in her whole life. But each line item that she has, the national merit, National semi merit, the valedictorian, and so forth add dollars.
Speaker 3: So he's said the scholarship money. It doesn't like a difference.
Speaker 6: It does list, and I guess it's not the same if you say I should have been valedictorian. They made a clerical era.
Speaker 3: No, they changed the standard after they realized that they had messed me up. Kevin Birmingham one O four seven W SZK Kevin, go ahead, Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 17: Anybody back then when I was playing my offensive line coach, which I were talking about yesterdaybout coaches wearing sleeves during the summer, and I hot fight of the season, he would wear white sleeves so we could pick it up on the sideline to when he would call in play, so it'd be easy to find them, you know, Okay, I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Well, I think too a lot of coaches, even in the summer, you know, might start real early and it could be a little cool out there before the sun comes up sometimes, so one now, well when.
Speaker 3: They layer it a lot of time, that wasn't what I was talking about. I remember being out there and I've seen it now I'm talking about. It'd be blistering hot and you have a coach walking around out there where they pull over zipped up or sleeves coming out with that stuff that makes you sweat. And I think there are a lot of them are trying to get a sweat, and I think.
Speaker 6: Maybe they're working out and a little running, and there is some.
Speaker 3: That are old school that would be doing it to tell you quit complaining about how it is trying to be a little sharp. Are trying to be sharp?
Speaker 6: Variety of reasons?
Speaker 3: Laurie Consville one hundred point three, the River, Laurie, go ahead, Hey.
Speaker 15: Rick, as a fellow parent of a sixteen year old boy, I think that car insurance should be gender.
Speaker 6: Neutral because boys are about a thousand dollars.
Speaker 18: More year than girls.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: That's discrimination against my son because he's declared himself a male.
Speaker 6: Discrimination.
Speaker 3: If gender is neutral and it really doesn't mean anything, then why are boys having to pay more?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Rick, what you need to do is say that your son identifies as a girl and get the lower rate.
Speaker 5: Can you do that?
Speaker 3: Well? They can't describe it a great point.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: You see the chaos this causes. Rick, it's just PEMONI them.
Speaker 6: You're talking about the tower of babel Oh. I think we all call this the pond of babel Beth.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling out of Birmingham, Alabama. Bath go ahead, how about it?
Speaker 18: Good morning, Good morning guys. Hey, they wanted to talk about the valedictorian and solutorian. They could always do like Saint Clair County did. The superintendent there took valedictorian and solidatorian away years ago because it wasn't fair.
Speaker 3: I mean, wasn't fair.
Speaker 18: It wasn't fair for two kids to get the award and not everyone else.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this, you're making that up? Let me carry the step from.
Speaker 18: I'm not making that up. I promise.
Speaker 6: In this political correct environment we got, now, how dare they give people great?
Speaker 3: I know, what are you telling me?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Somewhere in al Alabama she talking about our state, there was a school that actually said the people who earned the highest academic honors cannot be singled out and celebrated versus those who didn't achieve that. That that that has happened here. Yeah, well she said, she shaid, really no, I shot it would. No, it's absolutely fair because everybody has the equal shot at achieving it. Yeah, that's how it's fair. Yeah, if you didn't achieve it, then you had the shot to achieve it. Anybody can be the valedictorian if they'll, if they'll get the job done. How about this?
Speaker 9: Real it didn't hurt my feelings when we had Valedictorne, and it wouldn't me because I was like, if I wanted to be Valedictorne I should have done more.
Speaker 3: Did it hurt your feelings? No, because I knew why I wasn't exactly. I was clear on why I underperformed academically, and I knew because my effort was crap.
Speaker 6: How about for twelve years, I knew there was no way I was ever going to be Guess here's a concept. Be proud of the person who wanted and go get yore they got after me?
Speaker 3: Wrong with that? I don't remember who ours were in Rick, I don't tell your story. No, I remember who I was. Now, you got to understand my grade, my grade, we had very good athletic teams. See us, text me and tell me it was Yeah, in our grade. Matter of fact, in our in our area. The three years that we were on varsity, we never lost the game. So we were in the playoffs and making run every year. So I want you to understand that we did have some achievements. Most of them were academic. I mean we're the athletic understand I think our valedictorian only had an average about eighty eight.
Speaker 9: I mean we were not I'm not. I don't know about that, Rick, But I know this. If you look at and I'm not going to single them out. But if you look at his career choice down the road. Let me just say this, our valict torn works from NASA, by the way, been here to the show before. If y'all's worked at the grocery store, there it is, he just said.
Speaker 3: And I'm not talking about the manager nod be different. Look our class academically, how about this Gregor.
Speaker 6: Old guys walking out and out of step in front of a car. You know what he now?
Speaker 3: You know in our our class, greg I didn't call him name. Our class was so bad.
Speaker 6: He knows.
Speaker 3: Is that a fact or not?
Speaker 5: That is a fact.
Speaker 3: I saw him stalking eggs and that's fine.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 9: But normally, if you're valedictorian, just saying that's why people are fighting over Hey, I'm really valedictorian.
Speaker 3: I will say this, and that is a great honor. But if for our class it was for all I'm saying is your old stock and our class reaching valedictorian was not exactly like getting to the peak of evers. I mean it was up for grabs.
Speaker 12: Effort.
Speaker 6: I see him with it. I see him with that big clear door to where the eggs are.
Speaker 3: I mean it. I will say there are a lot of c students that were more successful than valedictory.
Speaker 9: Yes, unless there's been a drastic change in the last ten years. Maybe there was last update I saw still talking.
Speaker 3: Well you know what it said. That's what I said. Look, I've even said it before, uh you know, to uh to to one of my kids. That was pretty good academically. All you've really proven right now you're good at school. I mean, there there's a lot more you got that you got.
Speaker 6: But we can be happy for people which lish something, not be disappointed and also know it's no guarantee about future life.
Speaker 3: Yeah it can. It can open the door, but I mean you still got you still got to make it happen. Yeah, I can hear it it work. You know that valedictorian gets up there and has it, has a budget they got to make all of a sudden you can can't you to share it. How you may have been valedictorian, but you you didn't make your budget this much.
Speaker 9: Or case how you broke a few eggs. You've been smart, but them eggs are out of date.
Speaker 3: Pass nobody knows who it is.
Speaker 6: No, this is a validict Greg class he knows who he is.
Speaker 3: Well, that's fine, Greg, class of eighty three, valedictorian with an average of eighty nine and an act of eighteen. Hey, what's wrong with eighteen? I'll just tell you. Look, you didn't want plays in sports, but you one day if we'd had we'd had that, that team that goes out the Math Bowl, we were very good at that. He was hard to look at.
Speaker 6: I can I take your medicine today, and you've.
Speaker 3: Given the year and everything I wasn't ready for Gregger bid.
Speaker 5: No, it's just a simple Google.
Speaker 3: It is the point I'm gonna figure out. Well, look, I'm just okay.
Speaker 6: So fact I didn't make any of that up.
Speaker 3: So it's hard to look at handstocking. I'll leave that party. Greg can't. You can't leave it out. You said you've done it, leaves you made a decisions not I will say this.
Speaker 6: That I mean right or wrong. I will say this, everything I said was valid. I didn't make anything up. Hey might not have been the beast behavior, but it was about valid.
Speaker 3: That's all true. We'll continue with your phone calls, UH line, we got one line available. We'll talk to the rest of w when we come back, ricking bubba, ricking bubba. I mean, I don't know enough about motorcycles in that world to to say, yeah, your nay on this. But some of the bike community is declaring that Adler described his uh bike motorcycle and they're saying it's a chick bike?
Speaker 6: What what kind did you say it was?
Speaker 3: It's for girls.
Speaker 9: We were kids, the bicycles, the regular bicycles, the Wildfire. He's got the Wildflower?
Speaker 3: But mat or what did you say?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to see what.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to do with this. I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 14: Y'all want to get serious because we can get serious real quick.
Speaker 6: Up and here what what is the number of it?
Speaker 14: It's a twelve hundred c C Sportster Harley Sporster.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is known as the wild Flower. What are you about to say?
Speaker 14: This is the smallest frame bike.
Speaker 10: But it's also the fastest off the line, folks, all right, And it doesn't matter. If don't matter, just because I don't know if an old man bike doesn't mean it's a woman's bike. Yes, it's the smallest frame Harley. Yes, it's the smallest frame Harley. It's not a woman's bike.
Speaker 8: Purchase a Harley.
Speaker 3: This is the one that suggest this.
Speaker 14: It's the it's the lightest, it is the small one suggested.
Speaker 6: Probably probably, but they get a low and the three ahead.
Speaker 3: Bars like regular bicycles wouldn't have a bit.
Speaker 14: They'd get a low and they'd get it eight eight three. No, Greg, it's not like that, speedy.
Speaker 6: Did you get a picture of the guy wrecking on the dragon's tail the girl a bunch?
Speaker 3: I actually got one of a girl wreckon she was on the same bike.
Speaker 14: He was funny, Greg, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: I have to ask this question, and you really veered into it. Let's say my wife went into the Harley shop. You know, she's a tiny woman and she wanted a Harley. Would she be shown the one you now have?
Speaker 10: She would probably be showing the size smaller, the eighty eight three I've got the I got the twelve hundred.
Speaker 14: On my bike right now?
Speaker 3: People, how would we know? Hey, I don't know enough about it to this on.
Speaker 10: The frame would be the same, but they probably wouldn't give her the twelve hundred. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: Also, so you have the big woman bike, so you a big mama there looking.
Speaker 4: For what.
Speaker 5: JO call it?
Speaker 8: Greg, I hope you die.
Speaker 6: No one, no one give him the heimelet.
Speaker 3: It's like your prayers ranch for I got thicket. I'm not going that is John John, and we're not.
Speaker 14: Having this conversation. They said, said the hog is the piglet.
Speaker 8: That's real money.
Speaker 3: Stop one, John John? How are you doing now? You're not going to motorcycle people have to weigh this. We're not motorcycles.
Speaker 6: Motorcycle person, Go ahead.
Speaker 15: John, I gotta give him credit. It's better than a.
Speaker 3: Minder, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: But there's a lot of girls a rapin skirts.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of girls, he calls, I'm a skirtcht. What's your name? Where do you live?
Speaker 14: All right, I'm doing burnouts in your lawn? Oh wait, you probably don't have a lawn.
Speaker 6: Trailer park much.
Speaker 13: On my bike?
Speaker 2: Make one on my bike.
Speaker 6: More years to save up? All right, somethings. You're expensive.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you go, if you go eight years, you could have a man's body.
Speaker 6: And I'll be hold on old enough, fridic and miserable and fat.
Speaker 8: Like all y'all in this room.
Speaker 3: You know they actually have one, and then they don't have a model called a fat boy. They do all go, that's not the one you have, Jim and Hoover. So what's that thing?
Speaker 6: Run at?
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy, I.
Speaker 15: Figured that handler got the smallest frame bike considered.
Speaker 13: He's the smallest frame man that you guys know.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you did get it for your size, right, we can all use puns and stuff. Man, good one, dude.
Speaker 3: And what model bike is it?
Speaker 10: It's a it's a twelve hundred X here here you go, Excel Excel twelve hundred C is the actually Chachters.
Speaker 14: It's made by Harley Gregg.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at I got these headphones on and I'm looking at them online. Of course, I'm sure the cost has to do with the accessories, and you can get all kinds of things for him. He's got this, but what what does that? What does that run?
Speaker 10: Four or five thousand dollars? So for the basic yeah, I found well that's I found mine. Mine's the two thousand and six. I found mine on cycle trader out of Atlanta. Went and met the guy he had at st at three thousand and nine hundred, which is a great price for that.
Speaker 14: I tipped him down, did you yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? By the way. I just got told. I just got a text me.
Speaker 6: Here's the one.
Speaker 3: I just got a text from my from my daughter who's listening in Philly. Hey, honey, hey daddy, this is the motorcycle I want.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 15: You made that up.
Speaker 14: You made that up.
Speaker 5: I can see it in here.
Speaker 8: That's what I get.
Speaker 3: Vicky. Welcome to the program, Vicky, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the sports sport people with little experience, little money or little manhood.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I'm so sorry, Vicky.
Speaker 15: Just I mean, I mean one ride like a dina?
Speaker 3: Hey, what what do you call it? A dina?
Speaker 17: Is?
Speaker 3: Is a lie?
Speaker 9: That's they still little lower of the ground.
Speaker 14: Hey, Vicky, can I get fries with that?
Speaker 4: Oh? I want to go?
Speaker 5: You should go, y'all want to go? We could go out t loss.
Speaker 8: I did google the bike and this is what came up right here.
Speaker 3: All right, let's have it. Let's go here.
Speaker 10: Here's okay, okay, right, all right? There's a woman on a bike. Yes on, is that your box? No, mine's bigger than that. My engine is bigger than that one. Okay is the eight eighty three iron?
Speaker 14: And I have the twelve hundred.
Speaker 6: Slip Emember, what do you call that on with two wheels in the backs. That called a Frankenstein. That's a trike.
Speaker 14: I guess you just some kind of trick.
Speaker 3: Flip and Coleman flip go ahead, that's what they called it.
Speaker 13: I can straighten this all out for Adler. I'm a big guy, two hundred and thirty pounds. I rode bikes all my life. I was Evil Knievel's bodyguard for the last several years of his life.
Speaker 6: Real Are you real?
Speaker 13: I am real?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 13: And I ride a twelve hundred Sportster and that's a big machine. And the reason people call them girls bikes, all the sportsters, it's because they're inexpensive. If some boker's old lady wants a bike, well he didn't want to spend eighteen thousand dollars. Hey, honey, you don't need that. Get a sportster. He's They're only four or five grands, and but they're harder to ride. The weight distribution is higher, so they feel a lot heavier than a big Harley. You have to man handle a sports terre, where a big Harley is almost like riding a little bicycle.
Speaker 10: Did you see kind of high by the way, I'm closer to you, sir than I am to anybody in this room.
Speaker 14: If you ever want to hang out, just holler at me. Didn't you cook your steak anytime?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: You needed that, didn't you?
Speaker 9: There was a manly sounding guy that said at that area, I tell you I agree with Adelaide different.
Speaker 14: Somebody sounded like, why are you even bringing that up?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: He's evil evils guy?
Speaker 3: That's right? Bodyguard?
Speaker 6: So wht jump suit stars across?
Speaker 3: You know what you say? You know what you can say about your bike? Good enough for evil? Can evils? Security guy?
Speaker 5: Good enough of me?
Speaker 3: Bodyguard say that all the time.
Speaker 6: He got in a lot of five ram He was pretty you remember he got he took a bat to somebody one time. Time for him?
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 6: I took her bat to something. Yeah, yeah, my goodness, evil, Come on, buddy, ain't the first name is evil?
Speaker 4: So you have to yeah?
Speaker 5: So that at okay?
Speaker 2: All right? Ricking Bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 3: And now mister Phil Robertson in the Woods with Phil uh is the brand new series and Phil Robertson joins us. Now Phil, welcome, welcome back, buddy.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 6: Phil, we're honored to have you again, and we're fired up about your show. We loved Duck Dynasty, and we were kind of sad when we thought you were going away, but you're gonna be back.
Speaker 12: Look, they thought I was fixed to fade away into the woodwork. But uh, I got to think, and I said, all right, Roy morricole me and said Phil come over here and and give him a charge on my behalf, so I'll roll over. And I knew, after all the smoke had cleared that there still hope for America. When I looked up and when Roy come riding up on that Tennessee Walker horse for his acceptance speech, I said, well, now we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 6: Let me say it's funny on so many fronts.
Speaker 4: Can you ride up on a horse to give you your step spiece? I said, now that is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a couple of things I want to tell you. I've got good news and I have bad news. Are you ready to feel all right? The good news is we're now on in Monroe, Louisiana. They just added us there on one O five point seven and five forty a m K m LB. So you now can get homies. You now can get ricking bubble when you're at home.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, you know what?
Speaker 12: The runs a shiver down the backs of all these crazy left wing nuts. They're said, good night. The Rednecks are banding together.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 3: Here's the bad news. One of our listeners is in the in the studio watching. Thought you were gonna be in the studio and brought and brought you Peach Cobbler today. Feel we will that way.
Speaker 4: Just break out the grubs.
Speaker 12: We will.
Speaker 6: We will eat that on your behalf toy. Don't you trust me? It's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't worry. I'm gonna take my shoes off and eat it with socks. All right, So let's talk about Here's where I started laughing. I heard you talking to our buddy Handy this week about your new show.
Speaker 6: I hope you can get him in some water somewhere.
Speaker 3: We got to get Handy baptized. I mean, listen, you had him back in the corner. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Well.
Speaker 4: I was trying not to press the man. What am I talking about it? I'm trying to convert the dude, and he's he's heading on me.
Speaker 3: Well, you said, you look, John, forget the swamp. We'll go to Chacouzia swimming food. But whatever it takes. He's afraid of the swamp. You had him down there at your house, did you had him?
Speaker 12: And he said, are the any alligators down there? I said yeah. He said, well what about cotton miles? I said, well, I'd killed most of them, but there's a few down in there. And I said, but you'll be all right. But I just couldn't talk him into it.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: It's like I run into yesterday on the Vernie Old Stuart Vernie Show. Well, the guy I followed was old Joel Olstein. You know, well Joel, you know, he said, well, feel we're on the same page, he said, But he said, you know, I'm just saying it a little more nicely. I said, old Stein cut to the chase soun tell him to turn or burn?
Speaker 3: How did he like that?
Speaker 4: He just sort of smiled a little bit, you know, but he was like, oh, I enjoyed it. I really did.
Speaker 3: I know you did it.
Speaker 12: He's a good dude. He just a little you know, one of them got a little little soft Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, look I'm with you, you and I. Why are we not together right now? But look, I want to say this. One of the funny things is when you're now claiming on in the Woods with Phil that now you can speak openly. And I thought to myself, what in the world did you not get to say on Duck Dynasty? But you clarified that that there actually were a lot of things that were edited out.
Speaker 12: Oh they edited out almost everything. And you have to remember when the guy asked me, you know is perversion? Did I believe it was a sin? I quoted first Rent in six nine and ten, and that particular sin is in the list. When I did that, look that cost the Duck Dynasty crew and all of us, you know, about ten million because these sponsors just bailed out. But give me a break, I just quoted a Bible verse. What a lot of people don't realize is we convert drug addicts. I mean, we convert people who practice perversion. We bring them to Jesus with the sexual limb. I used to be sexuallymor all. I ran around out there, horn around. I tell people, I said, look, I used to get high, get drunk, and get laid, not necessarily in that order.
Speaker 4: But that was pretty well. The three things I was into.
Speaker 12: Well when I repented. Now I tell people, here's the problem. According to God, you can't behave this way. So I give them the bad news first, and I said, on top of that, you're going six feet deep one these days. Physical death is a fact, so with sin. And then we pull them to Jesus, tell him what he did for him, his death on the cross and his resurrection three days later. That's their problems, and that's the problem solver. You point that out to people, and why in the world people there weren't no worldly talking about because look if they stood up in my shoes every week, Miss Kay and I Miss Kay works with the women. But guys, our culture is just generating out these young people that you talk about, the opioids and just just down and out, no job, walking around on the street selling their bodies. So we're working with all those people. We love them, We love the whole dog on bunch, but give me a break.
Speaker 4: The show is.
Speaker 12: Basically about, you know, start with child rearing, teaching your children patriotism, teaching them to obey older people. And you know that that's gone. You know, when's the lyst time you heard someone say, you respect your elder son, and if they old men walking their old women, you respect your teachers, respect law enforcement. I mean the blood I'm named after my uncle, Field Showers. He volunteered for the Marine Corps in World War Two, took five steps off on those landing crafts over at Okinawa, I think it was, and he died right there on that saying. And somebody says, you know why you think about the flag, I said, what are you talking about? My dad was in the Navy. Mom was a rivater on airplane wings out there in California. So the bottom line is we were taught and I think we've we've lost that in America. You know, we used to teach love for your country, God Almighty number one, love for your country, and if you didn't like it, you got a you got a board on your butt. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what you're doing with this show, say, let's get back out in God's creation, Let's get out in the woods, let's sit around, let's talk frankly about about getting back to the basics and if you really loved somebody. I've never understood how someone can define not telling someone the truth as being somehow loving them.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 12: I mean, in other words, the only commands in the Bible that Jesus said we need to the only rules they are just love God and love your neighbor. For crying out loud, he said, I'll remove you seeing and I'll raise you from the dad. Love me and love your neighbor, I asked. I was on some of that value meeting of what you call old Tony Perkins and them. I gave him a little speech, I said, I said, the first question I have for the Democratic Party in all the news media in Hollywood is do y'all love Jesus or maybe do you hate him? I said, Well, I investigated him. I can't find anything.
Speaker 4: Wrong with him.
Speaker 12: Amen, what's wrong with him? So we just live in a tough culture these days.
Speaker 4: Boys.
Speaker 12: So we're trying maybe down there in the woods, you know, and I'll get the good news to them, you know, and talk about child rearing and ark about loving your neighbor. I don't see the downside to it myself.
Speaker 6: No, Phil, for a lot of the young folks, for the lot of the young folks who are listening, explain why it is important what you just talked about to respect your elders, to respect adults, and to respect authority. Why is that important on the big picture.
Speaker 12: It's important because look, we lost seven thousand troops in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last thirteen or fourteen years, seven thousand, and I hate it that we lost a one. I just baptized one. He's contracting now, which you talk about a rough line of work. But I took him down the river the other day and he was just a little bit after five or six years of going over there and all these close calls and then his friends dying. So he came to Jesus of the day and not baptized him in the river. But what we're trying to get people to see during that same time frame, us losing the seven thousand troops with all that power, over two hundred thousand during the same timeframe were killed on ash streets and shootouts, drug gangs. Two hundred thousand. You just think about that. So there's a pretty serious war going on here. And if these young people don't realize that respect for the flag, I mean, the national anthem, your parents living right, your teachers. I raised four boys down there on that river and you say, Field, did it at any time did any of your sons, your young sons coming up Alan Jason that is on the TV show and Willie and Jeff, You said, any time, did they ever disrespect you and bow up and going to show you what the speaking to do?
Speaker 4: Not once?
Speaker 12: I just trained them so and look the whole bunch of millionaires now, so hey, it.
Speaker 6: Will work, all right, film.
Speaker 4: You have to gonna work, I said, didn't work. I said, we're all most our millionaires, you know. And but what they don't realize.
Speaker 12: You say, well, Hill, when the money and the fame came, you know what was the biggest change you saw? I said, the menus the biggest change.
Speaker 6: And that's that's what usually happens if you're based in grounded to because you sim have you got to go over you we have you know the segment.
Speaker 5: Can you go one more segment? You got to go to you no problem.
Speaker 12: Just remember all the money you will ever make, boys, it's not gonna remove our sin and all the fame I ever get or y'all either, it's not gonna raise us from the deads now.
Speaker 3: You're right more with Phil Robinson right after this, Amen.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba,