Speaker 1: What is up, frindles, and welcome into leading off right here on Fantasy Pros MLB. I am the Welsh, that is the Joe Arico. Yes, there is no piece of pa today, and welcome into the show. Glad to see you guys on National Deadpool Wolverine Day. If you will, I'm donning my Deadpool hat. I did contemplate bringing up the horns on the hair. I think I could have done it. You'll be honest with you. Maybe it was a Joe piece of Pia type of show. I would have done that. But we are glad to have you guys all in and want to remind you all to check out our friends over at bet three six five promo code leading off five dollars bet can get you one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Check them out today. It's where we love to do our betting. Bet three six five promo code leading off the sponsor of the Great and Powerful Leading Off, Joe Rico, what's up, buddy.
Speaker 2: Great to be on with you, my friend.
Speaker 1: How you doing I'm doing I'm doing fantastic. So everybody knows I dialed into my baseball stuff early. I'm gonna give you guys, all the stuff and the things, the bets, I've locked them in and then about it a couple hours after this show is airing. Maybe you're listening on the podcast checked Out, because I'm going to see Deadpool Versus Wolverine today. I know it opens Friday, but they've got the Thursday showings. It's an afternoon one. It is literally what I have been building up to. I'm very excited, expected to be disappointed. I'm a huge nerd, so that is what is in store for me. So once it's like eight pm Eastern, you will have known I have consumed all of the wonderfulness that will be Deadpool and Wolverine. Are you a comic book guy at all, mister Joe Rico, No, they don't look like it looks like you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not really, I'm like not really into the Marvel stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not really a big comic book guy.
Speaker 3: As a kid, I love the Chris Nolan Batman movies, but I don't think that really gives me gives me any credit there for that. So I'm I'm really, honestly just so focused on sports these days. I don't really watch many movies anymore TV shows. I used to be such a buff for movies and series and stuff, and now it's just all baseball all the time.
Speaker 2: I need to mix things up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well that's all I have.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I'm literally baseball, people, No, I just forget everything and I can only think of baseball.
Speaker 4: It's baseball. And then it's like this. It's this consumption. And I love Secret Wars.
Speaker 1: People know they watch up here. So I'm very excited. But I'm excited to hang with you guys. Excited to hang with mister Joe Rico too. Also excited to turn around. I am in a slump right now on the betting side, so I'm gonna be playing it easy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get back.
Speaker 1: To basics later in the show if you're looking for some bets. But mister Joe Alrico, you want.
Speaker 4: To get into it? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Because I got something a little different at the top report came out today outside.
Speaker 4: If you know one thing I was going to.
Speaker 1: Say, did you see John Hayman's tweet the other day where he was being such a turd online?
Speaker 4: Did you see the tweet.
Speaker 3: The Jordan I'm talking to Jordan Lyles tweet. I Yes, I quote tweeted it and I said, like, this guy's a joke, Like I just don't even understand what the point of it is.
Speaker 2: And then he signs with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's such a turd dude, Like I can't believe. Like it was the most passive aggressive, like it was really in your face.
Speaker 4: It was like, hey, by the way, what he.
Speaker 1: Was just since just calling him like what a scam artist? May he's fifty two million dollars, has a negative war.
Speaker 4: What a dirtbag? But hey, great job.
Speaker 1: I'm only saying it because we're putting out something he said, but just what an absolute dirt bag. Report comes out today about Garrett Crochet. Garrett Crochet kind of the tippy top of the trade market. We many reports have come out he's going to be traded. We know it's going to happen, but there's always been a question about like what is he going to look like? What is he going to look like from a trade to bullpen usage standpoint? Well, this report comes out, I guess, believe it or not, from John Hayman, that Garrett Crochet is not going to in any capacity, whether he's a White Sox or someone else moved to the bullpen. That's great for everybody to hear, but also will need an extension to pitch into October. That's a very interesting element that got put out there. But I think at the end of the day, the biggest positive is that Garrett Crochet will only be a starter if he's traded, plans to play through the rest of the season, and the extension talk will only make it better, So, you know, I think fantasy owners can.
Speaker 4: Maybe have a little sigh relief.
Speaker 1: I'd also throw in Joe, like I thought Paul Schemes going essentially nine innings was the Pirates telling us he's good to go, Like they had an out to let him out after seven innings, even though it was seventy eight pitches and they could have saved him, they didn't.
Speaker 4: Thought that was a good sign.
Speaker 1: And like Louis Heal, the other of the trifecta of those guys the triad, you know, he kind of held back a little bit, like I don't think we feel any better or worse about Louis Heal, but we feel better about Schemes. And then this Garrett Crochet news is pretty good.
Speaker 4: If he gets traded.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the caveat is he has to get traded for this to matter. If he's with the White Sox, then they're gonna still do the abbreviated outings.
Speaker 2: Is that what the report was saying.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I saw abbreviated outings full on for the White Sox.
Speaker 4: It was that he will not go to the bullpen. So I mean, maybe that's what it was.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that part if he's staying, But the point of the report was he will not be in the bullpen, no matter what, no matter where he is, he's not going to the bullpen.
Speaker 4: But if he's going to pitch.
Speaker 1: Into October, so let's say the Dodgers trade him, he will need an extension, so that actually could make this trade trickier if a team is not willing to drop that extension right away. But if he is traded, I think there's some really great news right there.
Speaker 3: I'm just a little bit confused, Like, Okay, let's say he gets traded the Dodgers. First of all, I think it's a little bit risky to just throw him out there seven innings, hundred pitches every single time. He's already like one hundred innings over what he threw last year. We're playing with fire a little bit. But like, let's say he gets traded to the Dodgers and they don't give him an extension, He's gonna sit on his hands in October and not pitch for them. I mean, that would be kind of a ballsy thing to do, But I don't know if I would actually, like, would he actually do that or is it's just a little bit of lip service to try and get a deal done.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think there's a lot of lips. This is a lot of agent lip service.
Speaker 4: You put it.
Speaker 1: You put this guy who's been with the white losing White Sox for years, you put them on a Dodgers, you get them in October for playing, and they're like, Harry Garrett, we need you, and he's.
Speaker 4: Like, no, I can't. My arm Like they're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: So now I don't I think this is this is all bolsterring, and that's fine, But I don't really care necessarily about all those details. What I care about is that the camp has committed that he will not go to the bullpen, and he's committed to pitching through the end of the year. So That is a really good sign. And that's a good sign for fantasy owners because Garrett Crochet, he's been one of the best pictures in baseball, I think, leads and strikeouts. You know, k per nine has been up there, walk the K minus walk person. I mean, he has been at the tippy top, if not over the last two months, he's been at the tippy.
Speaker 4: Top all the way through. And I think it's a really.
Speaker 1: Good sign because I've gotten tons of questions from fantasy owners, Oh, Paul Skin's gonna.
Speaker 4: Get held done? Is Garrett Crochet? What do I do? What do I do at the.
Speaker 1: End of the day. I think there's a lot of and iFIT to not even considering trading off these guys that have just been absolutely dominated across the board for fantasy because you're worried about some other stuff, another thing to be worried about. I actually spend some time talking about this in a trade fashion on the In This League Fantasy Baseball podcast yesterday. Christian Yelich may may undergo or may need season ending back surgery after being placed on the IL earlier today, and there's an obviousness of what that does for fantasy in general. Bye bye, You're gonna put him on the eel and he's probably done for the year. But I think this is going to push the Brewers into needing to make a trade. And let me tell this to you, this was the odd trade I had them making because we haven't seen this guy get pushed to them. But Chisholm, I think Chisholm, even though it's like a weird combo, might be a player that makes a ton of sense. If they're going to lose an outfielder in Christian Yelich, they've got that division, they've got a hold. I don't know if they would feel calm. I mean, they do have depth by the way, they do have like Garrett Mitchell, and they've got self reel like but Jazz is controllable for years.
Speaker 4: You can get him in.
Speaker 1: Maybe they can consider him even going back into the middle enfield. I think Jazz is like a really good option that Yelich is going to go down at least for them fixing things up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't mind that at all. I've seen him talked about in a lot of rumors.
Speaker 2: I know the Yankees.
Speaker 3: They're something with the Yankees yesterday, how they don't want him because they don't like his personality or something. Philadelphia has been linked to him quite a bit, but Milwaukee would actually make some sense. I guess it is pretty tied to the Yellowsman. They would have to do something if Yelig goes down. I wonder if there could be some kind of Now I'm not the biggest prospect. I'm not sure if Milwaukee could actually do this, but pull off some kind of like Luis Robert plus a starting pitcher from the White Sox, because Milwaukee is in some desperate need of pitching as well. I mean, the guys that they're rolling out there behind Freddy Perlt are a little bit iffy, so they get like a fetti lou Bob or a crochet lou Bob type of deal.
Speaker 2: That could be something that really makes sense.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they can get crochey.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I saw a report yesterday that had linked Vladimir.
Speaker 4: Guerrero to the Brewers, and I.
Speaker 1: Was immediately dismissed it as I guess I've been doing a lot lately.
Speaker 4: And then when I.
Speaker 1: Started to look, because we did this exercise on the podcast where we took all the big named players and we theorize where they're gonna go, and then what the trade looks like. And by the way, as somebody had put jazz to Seattle, that's been a popular one, but we had done the Randy or rosarinat Estak parades. Going to Seattle, they need multiple helps. We didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Put jazz there.
Speaker 1: And then as I was revamping myself through the Brewers system.
Speaker 4: It's not elite elite, but they've got depth across the board. They've got guys.
Speaker 1: They've got Jacob Mizarowski that could frontline some type of a trade. Brock Wilkin, who they traded for or they had drafted. Cooper Pratt is a guy that's way up there, and the list kind of keeps going on, Luis Lara, They've.
Speaker 4: Got a ton of depth.
Speaker 1: What they don't have is a ton of guys that are super close to the majors unless they go and trade, you know, like South Frielick or something in a trade, which they could. So I think a Fetti robert One might make sense because maybe you can get away with maybe it is the might cringe at this, but maybe it's a Miserowski and like a Cooper Pratt and something else, and that might get.
Speaker 4: Both of those guys.
Speaker 1: But I think the point here is Yelich is gonna be done with. If they're talking surgery, he's gonna be done, and the Brewers are gonna have to go and make a move, as the Mariners need to go and make a move. Losing Luis Robert with a high ankle sprain, you're gonna lose. Unless you're comfortable losing all the momentum, You've got to make something happen. That's why I think there might surprisingly be more two star trades than we've seen in any year. I remember seeing like once every trade deadline. But we might see parades and Rose rain and go to Seattle. We might see lou Bob and Fetti, or lou Bob and Crochet package together. We might see a handful of those. But I think the Brewers are gonna be in a semi desperate situation in a market that is easier to trade for him hitting than it is pitching right now. But you're right they also could use some pitching. A Fetti Luise Robert one as weird of a like mix as it would be, would make all the sense in the world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I think Detroit's another team there that could maybe pair a couple, whether it's you know, Flaherty Schooble, all that talk, but maybe they pair at Jason Foley or maybe there's some other player that gets paired. There's potentially a lot of high profile guy's going to be moving around in the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: There really is. I'm very excited to get into it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually i gotta be honest with you, I'm surprised it's Thursday and we don't have any.
Speaker 2: Eron so like we got rumors, hearents have always the big movers so far.
Speaker 1: I thought we would have had one like kind of popping up, and there's been like one little one here and then one over the weekend. There's also the there's a real possibility that Tuesday could be bunkers. It might be a bunkers. Everybody might be just holding on real tight right up until that very last day and then floodgates are just going to open for all the trade market, but brutal for fantasy owners. Christian Yelich losing him that is a bad, bad blow. But there are you know, some assets out there that you could probably move to to kind of make up for it. Lawrence Butler, I would just point out to everybody, if even available, would be the greatest turn if you lost Yelich to go and get a guy like him. His ownership is probably rocketed even a little bit more. But I don't know if he's even over seventy percent in really highly competitive leagues yet Mets. They swept the Yankees Francisco Lindor three for six with two homers, two runs, score five RBIs on Wednesday. Garrett Cole allowed eight hits, six earned runs on Wednesday, struck out four walk to I will present it to you because it's always Joe to me here. What were your thoughts on Garrett Cole? He's been nothing if not inconsistent where he shows off the old shades of Garrett Cole and then rattles off one of these. Is this solely a Mets thing with Garrett Cole? Because I know there's been a lot of people that have put out the if you take away the Mets starts for Garrett Cole, look at his numbers, is this a Mets thing or do you think Garrett Garrett Cole is it? You know, twelve starting pitcher rest of the way through.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna fill in for Joe in more ways than one here with the Garrett Cole hate. You know, another Joe who's going bald well, not quite there yet, but I'm trying to be, you know, another version of Joe here today. I might get in some trouble for this, but Garrett Cole, in my opinion, was already kind of somebody to not be that interested in before the injury. If you look at last season, he won the Cy Young Award. Everybody's probably thinking, what the hell is guy talking about? It was his worst strikeout might aus walk rate, his worst Sierra's his worst ex fips going back to his Pittsburgh days at age thirty three.
Speaker 2: Now we've got the elbow. I forget if.
Speaker 3: It was inflammation or if there was some kind of strain, and now we've seen him come back and you know, really struggle through his seven starts.
Speaker 2: It's a five to four era. Yes, the Mets do have some role.
Speaker 3: In that, but it's still a team that you're gonna have to fail that.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't just remove starts to fit what you want to happen. The strikeout raid is down, the walk rate is up. I do worry about his elbow holding up after so many innings in his career, He's been a guy who's pretty consistently been two hundred plus innings and we're about two innings now under his arm. I do worry about what he's going to look like. And I think if you can trade him off of that name value and not have to worry about what could potentially happen down the stretch, I'd be more inclined to do that, assuming that you're still able to get quote unquote Garrett Cole prices. If somebody's paying for the five forty eer, then I wouldn't want to do that. But if somebody's paying for the reigning cy young winner, I think that could be a deal I'd be pretty interested in doing, depending on what the return is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would. I actually would have liked.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have pulled up the numbers of the not Mets versus where else. He's been like, you're not wrong in a lot of elements. He kind of had me thinking of Zach Allen when you were talking about that too, Like the amount of bullets that are put on these guys arms a long term and just like like Zach Allen's stuff is just like regressed this year, but also it was like the amount of innings he put on last year. And then you think of like an entire career with Garrett Cole. He hasn't looked like the elite level of Garrett Cole we've seen in the past, but he also has shown some pretty distinct signs of those in these starts back with you know, a lot of time mysterily on in the year. I'm just not as negative. Maybe it's like a more of a middle ground. Everyone should play like I've been a little more Pollyanna than I should on the Garrett Cole side. I think both Joe's are huge Garrett Cole haters for some justified reasons. So maybe played in the middle where it's like, you know, if you could get him on the Chief, I would still buy note Joe probably wouldn't. Some other performances Brenton Doyle, maybe those underrated Fantasy Guy this whole year, I just haven't spent enough time talking about him and a shame on me had a Grand Slam five RBIs on Wednesday in a massive blowout that was embarrassing to my bet.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, Boston monusu a run.
Speaker 1: In the first five innings, it was over in like the first thing, it was like eight to two in the second inning. It was disgusting. Tovar went off. We did have some Jared Duran which was nice. Also Dodgers and Giants. Robbie Ray allowed one run eight strikeouts while putting the Dodgers hitless over five innings.
Speaker 4: We also had glasnow in there. Any thoughts on the Robbie Ray return the first inning.
Speaker 3: If you just looked at the first inning and turn the game off, you probably thought Robbie Ray was just disgusting. Yesterday was awful. Start the first pitch, O Taani hit it to the warning track and he hit a couple of batters walking. I was like, what the hell. It looked like he was not ready at all. And then he I think led the day in swinging strike rate and whiffs.
Speaker 2: By the end of it. I think, if he's out there, you got to pick him up.
Speaker 3: I think yesterday I was talking about him on my own show and he was like, fifty one, fifty two percent rostered.
Speaker 2: He's still out there.
Speaker 3: And while there is some you know, potential for erratic performances from Robbi Ray, You're getting big strike out upside, You're getting a team that has looking not terrible, a decent offense behind him. So if he's out there, I think there's a lot more upside in picking up Robbie Ray for one of your spots than using it for a random streamer here and there. That could be a guy who has a lot of value over the last two months.
Speaker 1: I had a funny thing in the Dynasty League, like two weeks ago or a week ago. We were trying to pull off this trade and I was trying to add in Jeffrey Springs to a trade, and I was going to be giving them back, leveling out the trade. That's not what the whole trade was, but it was like I was asking for Jeffrey Springs in a trade and I was going to give him Robbie Ray. And the person was like, yeah, I just don't think Robbi Ray's going to do anything for me this season. I'm like, he's already rehabbing, and he beat Jeffrey Springs back and then he absolutely dominated the Dodgers in fun fact, every rehab start. I don't know why, but I'm obviously the friends, but every rehab start he did out here in Arizona. Zach Greenki was at every single time Arizona, San Francisco.
Speaker 4: And all the backfields.
Speaker 1: But Zach Greenki, who had been working out with the dime at the Dimonbacks facility, he just followed Robbie Ray around every one of his rehabs starts, so maybe that gave him some juice. A couple other starters. Jack Flaherty three hits, one earned run, score, one unearned run across six dollars innings on Wednesday, struck out six, maybe his last start with the Tigers. He's going to be a guy that's potentially on the trade market. Hunter Brown also recorded eight strikeouts over one run over six innings. Jesus, I cannot read or do any of that today. In the just for fun category, I got two and then I got one that I'm not going to mention, but Ellida La Cruz three for five with a homer, his fiftieth and fifty first stolen base of the year. I'm going to ask you, as I asked Bubba, will he break eighty stolen bases?
Speaker 4: Bubba said?
Speaker 1: Or is that what I asked everybody? I think I said eighty or eighty five stolen bases? What do you think the end season marker is going to be for Ellie day La Cruz.
Speaker 3: Eighty might be pushing it a little bit that he does go through some stretches where he doesn't steal as many bases. It's probably seventy seventy five. But if I had to bet the over under on eighty, I think I'd take the under.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna bet seven.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bet like I think seventy five over is the bet I'm gonna take over. I think he's going to be hyper aggressive. Reese Hines, everybody's favorite. Oh for four two strikeouts against the Braves in the first of the double header? Are you must have Reese Hines guy right now?
Speaker 3: Pick him up in a couple of places. I picked him up in tout Wars and a couple other leagues. But honestly, it was just kind of hoping for the best. I knew that strikeover rate was always going to be a problem, and it's at thirty percent, which is actually word than I thought it would be considering where he was in the minors. But he's not a must roster type of player. I don't think if you have the luxury to hold on and maybe see if he can figure things out, because he's a very fatous, friendly type of guy in terms of the power, speed, in terms of the ballpark, but he's lost playing time, he struggled. I don't think you need to hold him in shallow.
Speaker 4: Leagues, boy.
Speaker 1: And in the just for fun segment, just want you to guys to know, I want to talk about cal Kwan Trill and Reese McGuire's interaction. I don't know how to do it. If Joe was here, I'd let him put his job on the line here, But just know that cal Kwan Trill versus Reese McGuire in that little thing. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go and check it out, was literally the funniest thing that I have seen the entire season. Calkwan Trill held nothing back and he now owns property in Reese McGuire's head, and that is a scary place to be in Reese McGuire's head. My friends, that was That was the best. But I'm not gonna do what he did.
Speaker 4: Rookie lookies.
Speaker 1: Jackson Merrill went four for five, a double, a tri, three runs, scored and RBI as the Padres beat down the Nationals. Jackson Merrill is still vying for that Rookie of the Year spot. He's not gonna get it because of Paul Skeans. I think we're I think we're at the point we know knowing Paul Skeens is gonna go where he is. I had that bet seventeen to one in the preseason. I freaking bet Jackson Merrill. I bet Jackson Turia, I bet every well. Those are the only two n L guys. I bet both like two and three in that award. But just unless Skens goes down or stops pitching, it's gonna be impossible for him to not take that away.
Speaker 2: I don't know, though.
Speaker 3: I don't know ever Strider Mike Harris a couple of years ago. I thought it was Strider for sure. Everybody kind of thought it was gonna be Strider, but Michael Harris came on late.
Speaker 2: Took it from him.
Speaker 3: I think they tend to lean towards the position player more. If Skeens has a couple starts down the stretch, that pushes Era up into the low threes. I don't think it's a done deal yet. I really don't.
Speaker 1: It's early enough that it can change. But to your point, like I just, I think there's so much juice that came in with Paul Skeins. There was so much stigma, like it wasn't there with Strider. Paul Skins already came in. He is the prospect of prospect. Everybody loves him. You know, he started the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: I think that changes the dynamic.
Speaker 1: What it will take is for Paul Skens to either completely fall apart or get held back, you know, hurt or something like that at this point. But Jackson Merrill has been like a boom. He's been an absolute win and I'm glad that we talked about him, and I'm glad he was on my list of guys to draft early in this year. I think I nailed some of those outfielders outside of Corbyn Carrol, I will say Jared durand Jackson Merrill were on my must draft list early on, and those have definitely paid off.
Speaker 4: Some other rookies.
Speaker 1: David Festa seven strikeouts, one earned run, over four and one thirds of an inning on Wednesday. It was like a back end starter performance. So David Festa looking good. Connor Norby promoted to from Triple A in front of that Thursday series finale against the Marlins. I wonder if this is even a little bit of a show us what you got type of thing, a precursor to an Oriole's huge trade getting Norby back in the majors. In you're kind of trading a major league talent that might give you an extra boost. I kind of think this might be showcasing a little bit for a future trade, because I think he's got to have to be involved in it. Unless they don't go and trade for a big player.
Speaker 3: They got to do something. I mean, it's just ridiculous. They call up all these amazing prospects. Look at stat Krestad when he's been up recently, has been excellent, and he's sitting all the time. They don't have room for these guys. They got to turn it into pitching. They have to turn it into pitching. They did a good job getting Corbyn Burns without really having to move off of their top top tier guys or Teas and DL Hall. I think that was really really smart. Now they're going to have to pay up, and I think, honestly, like go get Trek Scuoble, Go trade Norby Mayo. Whatever the combination is, go get Terrek Scooble, and hell see if you can get Jack Flarerty in the mix as well. I know he was in Baltimore last year. Things didn't work out for him, but he's a different pitcher this season. If Baltimore had Burns, Schooble, Grayson Rodriguez Flarerty for a playoff series with their offense, it's not game over. It's never game over. But that's putting yourself in an amazing position. I think they need to move these pross before they come up and they because they're not all going to pan out right. Some of these guys are gonna come up and they're gonna be busts, and before you have the opportunity for that to happen, get off of them and get some pitchon back.
Speaker 1: I really think I outlined a NTL. I put Terrek Scubel to Baltimore. I personally do not think it's gonna happen, but I also put what I think the trade could look like. But in my heart of hearts, why I don't think it's gonna happen is because I think.
Speaker 4: What Detroit says. They say, okay, great.
Speaker 1: You want Terry Scoubel. It will take Mayo and Holiday.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the break because everybody is like.
Speaker 1: All right, one of maybe those guys Or try to do it without Mayo and Holiday and that's cute. But the Tigers have everything, and that's what I would do. I would stand firm. We can talk when you say it can be Holiday and Mayo, and we don't talk otherwise. So that's where I think things get stuck. And you know, they could still do it without changing their big side of their roster. Maybe Mayo, Kurstad and the Norby get it done. We'll see what happens. I just don't think he's gonna get traded. But I do agree that the or should do.
Speaker 2: The catcher the Bsio.
Speaker 3: I think they probably send me up with him because there's no unless they want to put him at first. Like Rutchman's the guy there. He makes obvious sense to move, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think like if it was I think Mayo Basio and then maybe Norby and then another piece that is a hall. There's no doubt about it. But like I would be a pain in the ass if I'm if I'm the Tigers, unless like, hey, my phone is here, but do not call until it's Mayo and Holiday and then just that that's also like a leverage situation because if you can get them into that where they're talking, maybe it does transfer, because it could be something where the Oriols go, Okay, we'll give you Mayo and Holiday and that's it. Or you can have Mayo Basaio Norby and we'll give you you know, maybe it's kde Povich or there's another picture out there, like it could be a Hall otherwise, and then that gives them leverage. So just be on the lookout for that. But I think this could be showcasing a showcasing situation for Norby. Also Brett Batty four for five, we were talking about him yesterday. A couple homers, three RBI triple A on Tuesday now has an almost thousand ops with a two eighty nine batting average, and then the Dodgers option Land and Knack to triple A because it is Clayton Kershaw time. Are you optimistic about this start?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw is back going up against Logan Webb and the Giants. Would you put him out there.
Speaker 3: I put him out there. You've you've been stashing him for four months. You haven't been doing that, so you could sit him in his first start back. I think I think you're putting him out there unless we're talking like honestly, even if you're playing in an eight team league, I can't see myself benching Kershaw. It's not like he's playing a high powered offense. If he was like in Philadelphia or playing the Orioles, maybe it'd be a little bit different. San Francisco is not bad. But I'm putting Kershaw out there, even ten, twelve, fifteen, whatever the format is, I'm starting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I am going into I don't think he's gonna go super deep, but I think five is definitely possible.
Speaker 4: Three up and three down, three up.
Speaker 1: Corey Seeger four for five with a homer, three runs score. You guys wouldn't believe it. I should have said it, so you guys.
Speaker 4: Do believe me.
Speaker 1: But I don't lie about this stuff. I was gonna pick Corey Seger yesterday and then I went to my guy Gunner, so stupid mes Garcia three for five with a double, two RBI and a stolen base let's get him back going. Nate Evaldi allowed two runs while striking out ten over seven. That may have been his last start. They've been rumors about the Rangers moving him, so be on the lookout on the Evaldi. I just noticed all Evaldi or arranger guys on the up. We should have put some Rockies on there. Rocky scored a bunch of runs. Chris Bryant came back on the down. Nick Paveta, the worst, slacked eight runs two and two thirds of an inning on Wednesday. Frankie Montas allowed four runs on ten hits. JP Sears eight runs seven were earned over six on Wednesday as they lost to the Astro. Some injury news, there's a bunch of it. Tanner Biby was removed Wednesday from Wednesday start against the Tigers after five innings due to cramping in the leg. I feel that forty years old, I get it. Josh Young going to begin a minor league rehab assignment at Double A Frisco on Wednesday, so we might be next week ish for a return on Josh Young. Edward Rodriguez is set to throw a simulated game on Friday. Who knows when he'll come back. You shouldn't count on him easy drop if you still were. Walker Bueler is going to make a minor league rehab assignment or start in Triple A on Friday. So the Dodgers are getting their reinforcements back. No matter what they do in the trade market, if they do or don't trade for Garrett Crochet, they're getting guys back. Clayton, Kershaw, Walker Bueler. That's why they gave up on Packson. Clark Schmidt scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Saturday. Jacob de Gram through a forty pitch bullpen session on Tuesday. We'll see if that ever happens. Evan Carter is going to begin a minor league rehab assignment by the end of the week. Josiah Gray had Tommy John Ugh, and the biggest. Mike Trout will return to Los Angeles to undergo further evaluation after being pulled after two innings in a minor league rehab assignment in Salt Lake.
Speaker 4: It's not good.
Speaker 1: Do you have any hope for Mike Trout moving forward, Joe, I have hope.
Speaker 3: Realistically speaking, I don't think we're ever going to see Mike Trout be Mike trout again. I put up a poll recently, you think Mike Truck will get the five hundred home runs in his career and it was pretty much dead split in the middle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 3: We're going to see him getting He's like three hundred and eighty right now. I don't know if we're going to see him healthy enough in his later thirties to hit another hundred and twenty homers.
Speaker 2: It's pretty sad at this point.
Speaker 3: But it's like the Ken Griffy junior trajectory pretty much exactly.
Speaker 1: I think he's in and get right there. I mean, yeah, like you know, he can rattle off like what could take three, three or four seasons, might take him five more, five or six or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good question.
Speaker 1: But your hopes of being able to depend on him getting smaller and getting smaller. All right, friends, those are the big fantasy updates. Let's get to it. I need to turn things around and let's see where Joe's that.
Speaker 4: Because Bubba killed it the other day, it's time for the best bets of the day. Yeah, yeah, there you go. You did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and Joe always did it together. Joe jumped over me the other day too, by the way, which is so weird.
Speaker 4: I'm like, dude, I'm not the co host, but yes, best bets of the day.
Speaker 1: Joe Rico myself, I had a bad I've had a bad couple days. I've had some distractions off of here that I think has taken me off.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to get it simple. But Jill, let's start with you.
Speaker 1: What are you tackling on your best bets of the day today?
Speaker 3: The first one is going to be my guy, Taj Bradley. If anybody out there follows me, then know how much I love Taj. He's like the Rodney Dangerfield of the sportsbooks. He does not get any respect. His line was set at five and a half strikeouts or four and a half strikeouts five and a half strikeouts. I took the alt line at six plus, getting it at plus one thirty. We're talking about one of the better strikeout pitchers in all of baseball facing a horrible, horrible Blue Jays lineup, so I think he can pretty easily get the six. He's hitting that pretty consistently, so I think taking that at plus money is the way to go. And Stang in Toronto short s late today, not a hell of a lot of options, but I went with Chris Bassett over one and a half walks. It's a little juice at minus one fifty, but it's pretty much free money at this point. Every start, this guy's walking two three four batters. The command has been awful for Chris Bassett. It's the worst this command has ever looked. Even though his performance has picked up a little bit throughout the season, that command has been just pretty atrocious. And then the last one, going back to the Dodgers in Clayton Kershaw. As much as I would start him tonight and I do think that he'll be fine, there is a chance that he's on a bit of a pitchulaman.
Speaker 2: I think it was sixty seven pitches in his.
Speaker 3: Last rehab start, So I'm taking the under four and a half strikeouts' getting that at plus one hundred. There's a chance he gets there. But I don't see the Dodgers really pushing him so much. I think they're gonna be very careful with They're maybe not their prize to ask at anymore, but somebody that they want to have healthy down the stretch. I don't think we're gonna see Kershaw go more than five innings, and I think under four and a half is.
Speaker 2: A pretty solid way to go.
Speaker 3: So Todge Bradley's six plus strikeouts, Chris Bassett over one and a half walks, and Clayton Kershaw under four and a half strikeouts all at BET three sixty five.
Speaker 1: I really like the alt strikeout line one with Todge Bradley because the issue you have, especially with the guy like him, in matchups like this, you have these low strikeout ish teams, these teams that don't strike out a whole bunch that they're like battling against. But like Toadze, Bradley has been a guy that has done a decent job. You know, whether it would be like teams like the Guardians, the Blue Jays, you know those are teams even the Mets, those have been teams that you kind of want to like push back a little bit against on those big strikeout ones. But I actually like this alt because the line was so low on Bradley, So I'm really with that. I legit just went hard on money lines, full game money lines today because I need to get back to simplicity. It's funny here like this, there's this guy in this chat in our chat Joseph, who's trolling me about, like, hey, I take Wesh's bets, but I go the other way.
Speaker 4: I've been ridiculously good.
Speaker 1: For months, and but you go through these spurts. That's what's so tough about fantasy baseball or baseball betting, is like you just go boom boom. You're great for a week, then you push off of it. But however you want to do it. But one of them, I was going to go Baltimore minus one and a half runs to the first five today a plus money against the Marlins, and it kills me because they're six to nothing right now.
Speaker 4: And I didn't do.
Speaker 1: It because I have talked myself off of little bit. So going back to basics, there's actually some really good full game money lines. I'm going Atlanta if they don't get rained out again. I saw somebody mentioning that minus one twelve full game money line with Chris Sale Cleveland. That one is juiced up a little bit. But again we're going back to basics. With Gavin Williams, I'm going Cleveland full game money line, and I'm going Dodgers with Clayton Kershaw going up against the Giants and Logan Web. That's minus one twenty five. I took all three of those, not parlaying, just single played full game money lines. That's where I'm going at it. There's a couple other interesting parlays that are floating out there. Actually might join you on the TAJ Bradley one and Frindos. Those are the best bets of the day. If I could bring up the thing which I can't hear it is, Hey, look look at Joe. You already shaved your head. Best bets of the day brought to you by bet three six five again use that promo code leading off home run board. Did I get the home run board up here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's take a look here. Let's see home run board right here.
Speaker 1: We've still got Joe amazingly is still held on. He's at the very bottom of twenty six. Walkie's up here on the board at twenty seven. Good on them. I am still sitting down at twenty two. Elscal's got the lead at thirty five, Silent Dragon at thirty four. I don't think we had a whole lot of changes here. Maybe we added another thirty home run person. We have eight people with thirty plus.
Speaker 4: Home runs on the board.
Speaker 1: So, mister Joe Rico joining the fun here, who are you going for on the home run board today?
Speaker 3: I'm going with the new pop up power and going to Austin Riley for the Braves.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when guys come back after having a kid, they're a little bit recharged. He's facing Luis Severino. He has been pretty solid himself. I know that he started off pretty poorly this season, but he's picked it up.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a Toronto guy, and Fred van Vliet with that Raptors championship in twenty nineteen, he has a kid, he comes back and he all of a sudden is just a superstar. That one always stuck with me. That's not the reason why I'm going with this, But I think the new dads always have a little bit extra there in the tank. So I'm going with Austin Riley against Louis Severino tonight.
Speaker 2: Maybe not the right way to put it. I don't know if they have extra energy in the tank. I think he's gonna do well tonight against Severino.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is an extra oomph that's going on here. I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Jose Ramirez. I think it's literally about to kick off here. Give me that open up over on that right field, Give me a Jose Ramirez homer and give me life.
Speaker 4: Get me on the board. That's gonna do it for the show. Joe Rico, Joe.
Speaker 1: Rico ninety nine on the twitters, make sure you follow him there. You can follow me at is It the Welsh Joe. You are the best and we will.
Speaker 4: See you next week.
Speaker 1: We'll see Joe Pisapia tomorrow and the rest of you, guys, we'll see you right here on leading off tomorrow. Until then, friends, I'm gonna go watch a Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 4: Peace out, love you all, goodbye. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB