Speaker 1: What's up, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: This episode of Busting with the Boys is presented by Barstools Sports. A lot to unfold in today's intro number one, we had Brett kern On.
Speaker 1: It's a phenomenal episode. It's it's awesome.
Speaker 2: We're back to the regular viewership and listening to where we have a guest on every week. We're out of the Spootober face, and the Spectober face was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I will also get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: But we will be having our you know, our regular guest dropping again that we've had in the library. We're also gonna be doing fresh and up to date episodes with Taylor and I since he is going through his ACL journey. Uh, the boy is on practice squad now, so you know, we both got a little extra time in our hands. So we're gonna be you know, giving more to you guys. So that is gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yes, Spootober is over. And it sucks when Speetober is over, dude, because it's like, how don't you just get used to having so much fun with the Michael Meyer stuff that Jason, the Slashers, the scary movies, the fun, the stuff, the new scary stuff, spooky stuff on Netflix. You guys are tagging as you're adding as you're having a great time with us.
Speaker 1: And it was just cool to see.
Speaker 2: This was the most fun month, most fun year I've had with Speetober. Now we've only had two on the podcast, so it's not that hard to beat. I've been in this Speptober game for three years now. Taylor introduced me to Spectober in twenty eighteen and I've been in love with it ever since. But this was the most fun year because of how how much you guys immersed yourself.
Speaker 1: Into the spook and embrace it with us.
Speaker 2: Our merch our merch sold out, So shout out to you guys for that. But yeah, it's just man, it sucks that we're in November, but also a lot to look forward to because holiday season is coming, with Thanksgiving, with Christmas, with New Year's that has a very fun time as well, and you already know we're gonna sell it for that too. Another reason we're sad is because obviously the boys lost yesterday and we are now five and two.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna talk about it too much, but you know, you want to grow on the good stuff that you're putting out there, because there's a lot of good stuff that the boys are doing there, really is. You know, we got some stuff we obviously have to fix. We got to get rid of the bat shit that gets us beat. But yeah, but I have the utmost confidence that the boys are going to bounce back.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt in my mind. The boys are gonna be I.
Speaker 2: If there's anything I've ever learned about being with the boys, it's that the boys are gonna be I. The boys are gritty. The boys are determined. The boys are strong willed. Similar to our partner, Chevy Silverado, no free shout outs to Chevy Silverado, the world's strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. The Silverado is dependable like the people who drive them, the boys and you, guys, when you're a gritty when you're a gritty son of a bitch dude and you are determined, you want to park your ass in a nice, comfy Chevy Silverado seat. When you're driving on the road and you look at other pickups and.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, yeah, that's cool too.
Speaker 2: But when you're in a Chevy, a Chevy silver you know you've got the biggest swinging piece on the road, dude, when it comes to tailgating, hauling, towing, off roading, moving day. We hate moving day, like helping out your friend or a family member. We hate moving day. But I will be more than happy to lend them my Chevy, my fresh Chevy Silverado to stunt, to flex, to let them know, Yeah, I got the nicest thing on the road, road trips, all of it. Chevy, Sovrado has your back. You need to go to the closest dealership in the near future, and you need to let them know that the boy sent you.
Speaker 1: You need to test drive a few. You need to find the best one that fits.
Speaker 2: You and get that gritty, get that gritty lunch pale mentality in your life, dude, that bde that big dick energy, because that's what you're gonna have when you're parked in a Chevy Silverado, driving down the road, going to smooth sixty five and a sixty looking out both sides. You got the music going, You're looking the riverview mirror like you're in a music video and you're just having the time.
Speaker 1: Of your life. Dude, But go say what's up to Chevy again?
Speaker 2: Tell them the Boy sent you and yeah, yeah, just just join the movement with the boys. Next, speaking of tailgating, the Boys are home again this week, so we're gonna be tailgating and doing a watch.
Speaker 1: Party to act Me Feed and Seed.
Speaker 2: Uh, you can follow us at Busting WTB for the updates there, you can RSVP, you can get your tickets there. We do a lot of cool giveaways, a lot of stuff that are in these packages at ACME Feed and Seed. We're giving a lot of stuff. Uh, we're supporting the Boys hardcore because we play Chicago. We play the Chicago Boys this weekend. So we need we need, we need the support and we need the energy in full.
Speaker 1: Effect this weekend.
Speaker 2: So follow us at Busting WTV, step to date with us, and get your ass to that watch party and tailgate. Now to the Brett current episode super Bumm that the boy got injured yesterday.
Speaker 1: I hit him up.
Speaker 2: I was like, Brett, is it still cool if we run this episode? He's like, yeah, absolutely, Man. You can't let it. You can't let a little pissing and moaning stop the bus from moving forward.
Speaker 1: Uh. It was It's it was a great episode. We had them on in the summertime. Uh.
Speaker 2: His number one request was that, hey, my kids love watching what I do, so if we can keep the cursing to a zero tolerance policy.
Speaker 1: That would be great.
Speaker 2: So we did what anybody else would do in that situation. We brought in a swear jar. So you get to listen to the boys try and you know, not swear. We struggled at it. I owe Brett some money. I'm in debt to him. Shout out the little curns though. We keep it pretty clean and I think you're gonna enjoy watching your dad.
Speaker 1: On the bus.
Speaker 2: But Brett, he's a pro bowler, he's an all pro punter. Dude has a piss missile of a leg. There's a swear jar right there. There's another one hundred dollars. But he drops bombs over backdag on the football field. We have an absolutely great time. We talk about his journey. Obviously, you guys know the jurar with busting with the boys. We have a lot of fun. Brett has a lot of fun, a lot of cool questions and yeah, watch the boys. We have YouTube. Subscribe to us on any podcast platform. Continue to share, because that's how you know, that's how we continue to grow. This thing is when you guys share, shout us out and do all that stuff. Subscribe, unsubscribed, subscribe again five stars review. You guys know the whole drill, But Blossy Baby, drop the hook. I won't say the F word, but drop the hook for this Bret Current episode.
Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: Brett Current rec Kurt's on the pod on the podcast, Let's go, dude. I love the enthusiasm back there, Alex. I feel like you pick it up every time we start clapping.
Speaker 3: Now, no off switch, welcome dude in our time sleeping last night, I was so excited.
Speaker 2: I bet you were well, I could could you probably? Could you probably tell that I was tipsy myself when I was texting you the other night?
Speaker 3: No? You you told me you were drunk?
Speaker 1: Oh I did? Well?
Speaker 2: There we go, There you go.
Speaker 3: It's a full disclaimer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just just started texting it like I would tell me these times. I'll be at confirmed breck confirm.
Speaker 3: I confirmed multiple times that I was in you. You sent me the address in multiple times?
Speaker 2: Yo? Are you psyched to be on the bus?
Speaker 3: Finally, though, I am. I've told you I was excited, Like.
Speaker 1: Is there a defect?
Speaker 2: There's a part of guys that haven't been on yet to probably sit back and think like, why haven't I been on.
Speaker 1: That bus yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we'll start there. So you do think there are guys that.
Speaker 3: Are like that for sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Because here here's my stance. So, so here's my stance is like, you know, you got something going on and you don't want to like it's it sucks like having the expectation that you should want to come on the bus, So you don't want to feel like, you know what I mean, Hey, can I get some an hour out of your day or a couple hours out of your day if you want to come on the bus. She's kind of helping us out right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so you just feel weird like asking your own boys because it's like.
Speaker 3: But it's for the boys, I know.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 2: Once I said that, I knew I was going to get corrected pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: But I was able to keep in perspective because I look at myself. I'm a punter.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Like like I got a dad bod. I don't really love like an NFL player, Okay, And so I knew that I was probably really low on the totem pole, which is fine. I've gotten used to that over my career.
Speaker 2: We have two of those things in common, the dad bod.
Speaker 1: Where we are the three things?
Speaker 2: You said, Well, my position, punter, that's the only difference is linebacker punter dad bod.
Speaker 1: What was the third thing?
Speaker 3: We just knew I was low on the totem pole.
Speaker 2: Low on the tote pole, like, we're not the Our caliber of guy is not the guy you go after, for sure, But fortunately it's the pod and we can get the boy on.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I don't live far away from where this thing is.
Speaker 1: How far where do you live?
Speaker 2: Not exactly what area? Oh oh hey he's living high dude, just a nice area.
Speaker 3: It's very nice.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you got some coin, you go and live down in the South.
Speaker 1: You live down in Franklin or Brentwood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you got coin, you can also live in Green Hills in Bellevue.
Speaker 2: Don't live in either the do you guys live in those spots? Garrett probably lives somewhere. Garrett probably lives somewhere. His stepdad's butch, so you know, he's dude who runs in Nashville. So, hey, do we have the list? Did we put the list up? I made a list for you. I sent you the list, and all this stuff was off the top of you. Guys had other notes. I did that one myself, but Will's no, okay, there it is. Yeah, yeah, those are Wills notes. What'd you have ahead of that?
Speaker 3: Very simple?
Speaker 2: Oh, go go to your NFL? Signed with the Broncos. Claimed off waivers by the Titans. Three time Pro Bowler, first team All Pro in twenty nineteen, second team All Pro in twenty seventeen. You have quite the resume. Are what are you more proud of? Being an All Pro or a Pro Bowler? It's kind of like a general question we ask guys who've been.
Speaker 1: To the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: What if I told you none of those?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have CTE, so you know you're got have to reexplain to me. And I've created a lot of CTE for you being on your punt team. You know what I'm saying. There's a little responsibility.
Speaker 1: You have for my own brain.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it's no coincidence that you go to the Pro Bowl three times and those were your best three punt teams. Like guys that would go out. It takes a special breeded guy to go out and play special teams.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I was.
Speaker 2: I got Brett to the Pro Bowl. There we go, there, there we go. Shout out that squad.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, and see Taylor's not here because you know he's on field goal block and we haven't had a field goal kicker go to the Pro Bowl. So you have been on punt team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor, you got.
Speaker 3: You got the Pro Bowl bonus that I gave to all the boys.
Speaker 2: I know, Hey, yeah we can't.
Speaker 1: We can't clock too much fellas he did. Brett.
Speaker 2: The one thing I commend Brett on is he gets gifts.
Speaker 1: For his like punt team.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: He hooked the boys up.
Speaker 1: I know my year.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it got better or worse in the year after I left, but he the boys up with five hundred dollars gift cards to Amazon.
Speaker 3: It was seven to fifty this year. So you boosted it up. I boosted it up. Yeah, it's inflation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might need that to add two fifteen.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know three to row. I was like, what I'm saying, I just bowled a turkey. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Because so here's why I think I should deserve an extra two fifty. Here's why I'm just gonna I'm just gonna say. Why you guys the punt team of twenty nineteen to be the punt team they were, they needed a standard. The standard would the standard was on film in twenty eighteen. So you guys are low key watching clips, a lot of similar faces in that room. But also you got to see five one. You got to see the boy out there putting on some clinic tape.
Speaker 3: So I like, example, you were an example multiple times. Look how Compton does. Look how he says.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna clap again? That's what I'm saying. Like, so, I feel there's a little bit of ownership and responsibility in the year that you had in twenty nineteen. So that's why I think that you should when you drive home, maybe I should get a two hundred and fifty dollars Amazon car to go with the squad this past year.
Speaker 3: You're gonna label it as that or are you're gonna say, hey, you gotta pay to be on the on the bustle with That was.
Speaker 2: Gonna be my next That was gonna be my second plan playing b I'll split it all right, I'm down for that. I'm down for that. Let's uh, let's start. Let's start with growing up in Grand all In, New York. Oh, Alex has connected to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we chatted about it before we were live.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about it. Alex.
Speaker 1: Explain how you guys are connected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Brett's family owned a summer collegiate baseball team out in Niagara Falls, New York or technical Grand Island, but it's called the Niagara Power. And I played out there for two summers in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: So your parents have a baseball team.
Speaker 3: They did, Yeah, they did it for nine years. It was it was a collegiate like you know, when guys are done, you know, collegiately, they can go still play over the summer. I mean there's like there's tons of leagues all over the place.
Speaker 2: Did you play ball growing up?
Speaker 3: I guess the not baseball.
Speaker 2: So your parents own a baseball team and you were around ball your whole probably you around baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my dad. My dad played pro soccer, so he was a soccer player, but he loved baseball the most. That had a bad experience in high school. So he went tried soccer, did really well at it. And uh so I grew up playing soccer. That was like that was a sport.
Speaker 1: Wow, Magas, it makes sense. You're a punter.
Speaker 2: But baseball is kind of fownd of the soccer kids growing up. I need a little more action. No disrespect to the soccer kids. You guys seem like soccer kids. Not you, Josh Jack. You seem like a soccer kid.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, you seem like a soccer kid. Where'd you grow up? Where? Where in Nashville? So you seem like a soccer kid.
Speaker 1: We got some pretty good teams though, football, basketball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you do. I just know again, no disrespect. Did you have lacrosse? Did you play lacrosse? I actually did see that's big up in New York. He seems like a lacrosse guy. All right, So Grand Island, New York. Your parents had a baseball team that Alex.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Our guy played for it. So you played for that team?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So were they good? Were you guys good people? Did did the did the owners ever come and talk and address the team.
Speaker 1: All the time? Yeah, they're so was.
Speaker 3: A good owner? Yeah? Okay, my mom was a psychic? Did they did a great job?
Speaker 1: What do you mean your mom's a psychic?
Speaker 3: She did like all the administrative sidekick?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry, you guys know I can get I almost went like, okay, hey, I'm ready to get my poems and ship red like be the old psychic thing. Where's Toledo at? You went to college at Toledo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Toledo's in Ohio? Did you have fun there?
Speaker 3: I did? Yeah? I met my wife there.
Speaker 2: So I mean you know, when when did you meet your wife?
Speaker 1: Your first year? There?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, we met uh end of my sophomore year at the inn a real softball game. Co ed?
Speaker 1: Is she she? Is she a Ohio?
Speaker 3: And is she? Yes? Yes, you go appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, I mean she she was one of my classes. I stalked her Facebook stoctor did everything, but I just didn't have the guts to like go talk to her. And so, uh so.
Speaker 2: How did you get it together? How did you, Well, I, well, you just keep poking her on Facebook.
Speaker 3: I forgot back in the day.
Speaker 2: He's probably pomking.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, so uh. The team that I was on, it was just a bunch of couples and so one of the girls couldn't come.
Speaker 2: Here comes the boy, Harry comes, Taylor's here.
Speaker 1: Thank you been having me?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? Dude? Sorry for being light standards.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I thought you were getting laes.
Speaker 1: That's not lat I know, that's what we were saying.
Speaker 2: And then now it's just like but if it goes three times in a row, then it becomes a streak. So he's like, he thought you didn't want to create a streak being here like early.
Speaker 1: No, I don't understand. I didn't want to be here early.
Speaker 3: I feel like for the for the Boys advertisement, every time you sit down and they look at the camera, they're seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a walking billboard at this point, dude, I feel like I'm becoming that guy with way too many tattoos. If you heard, how do you feel about it? Yeah, I feel like a cooler teammates.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, you're already a cooler teammate, but I like it human tattoos. Just my ring finger that's already faded.
Speaker 1: That's true, dude, Well ring a kind of tough, didn't Wasn't there like a deal? Uh?
Speaker 3: Look at innocent Taylor? Look at that picture of you all Americans.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: That's Honestly, that version of Taylor is way more of a scumback than this version of Taylor. Really, that guy's hiding. I'm like, I think Adam Humphries like looks like very unsuspecting, but I bet there's some dark, dark demons in those eyes. There's probably no soul.
Speaker 3: There, Adam Humphrey, Where is that game at?
Speaker 1: That was an Orlando that's a the Citrus Bowl. It was the Citrus Bowl, but it was it was undermor all Americans.
Speaker 3: That's like your second home, that Orlando Pro Bowls.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say the same for you, my friend. Probably we never played there. We went to the outback game. Genevan clown shout out to even Clowney for making uh Me famous and hitting the running back so far hard that I shout off with the smith dude the running back for running uh for Michigan. That was actually like the smallest dude ever, but like took a hit like that and got up no problem. Have you seen that video?
Speaker 3: Who has multiple times?
Speaker 1: Sure? Hey go through? Well it was okay. So there's actually this talk a lot. It was a deuce. So they do a lot of movements. South Carolina did a lot of movements to the coaches were like, hey, if he's on the guard at all, what we're gonna do is we're gonna call a duce through the linebacker, so if they move, you can hit him. So I called duce and our tight end was like Trey, like a question with a question mark at the end of it. And I was like, no, dude, deduce that much time was able to go through before uh the place started because we had like a fourth down or like it was a fourth and one and we did not get it, but the refs looked at it and they and they gave it to us. But we were off by no joke, probably two feet close to a yard and the reps are like, no first down they called it, and like Spurrier and all those boys were losing their mind. And I really didn't pay much enough attention to it. But Jadavian cut himself a little bit of breath right, and Jadavian just won the Hendrix Award in that piece. So Jadavian was smoking hear this, but bah Vincent Smith, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Great job going to the second level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to I hit that.
Speaker 2: You did a great job.
Speaker 1: Honestly the Lineberger kind of butts me up a little bit. Watch us no, but he kind of did. It wasn't like a but if in the Patriots you're winning there for sure.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's pretty reminiscent to.
Speaker 1: See the tight end to the time that's in my daarrier on my backside being big spoon. That's the guy they probably should have blocked down.
Speaker 2: Watch. Our podcasts are going to be are so familiar with this play. We thought we thought so much now in depth talked about it.
Speaker 1: This is a power play. It's your basic power dude. Turn your eyes, go to one o'clock and closure one o'clock and just go that way. That is how you blocked out.
Speaker 2: And this was back when the Sports Center they had the top ten.
Speaker 1: Still right, dude, this is the longest running, longest running sports in our top ten. And literally I remember in my head like man, because like Jadavian was like the stud. He was the dude. He was like the second coming of Jesus, right, and they're like hey, like before the game, be like, hey, you know what because I think they are a word about me leaving. I could have left my junior. And they're like, hey, we're gonna we're not gonna give you any help at the start of the game with you. We're gonna see how it goes. And it was going good for the boy. I can't wait to have Jadavian on the podcast to talk about this because it was going real good for the boy. And then and then that play happened and I was like, I actually didn't even notice I had the linebacker and I lose to the linebackers. Like that can't be good for us, right, And I turned turned, I turned back and look and I Jadavian was doing his arms crossed thing. Who would have known he and I would have such a history day.
Speaker 3: How many angles camera angle? This is unbelievable, how many angles to play? Earlier, Will was trying to get an extra two fifty to Amazon. All right, Pro Bowl gifts? You know WHOA is this like shifting on me right now?
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying it sounds like it's kind of yeah, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like you're upset now after that conversation.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not at all. I mean, I'll just send me your address and get you want. Okay, what's you need to say? How much money did you make Clowney on that right there?
Speaker 1: I mean he was the first overall pickings and fourteen maybe, but I will say there was conversation after this game, like it was. This is before like players sat out, like Nick Bosa sat out. I think a couple other guys like Christian McCaffrey didn't play his Bowl game or something like that. They're talking about him sitting out too. They were this is the this was before that was even a thing. People were like, Jenevian Clowney shouldn't even play this year. He shouldn't play his junior right, he's still going to be a first overall, right, that's right? Like that, that's how much like hype this dude had. And honestly, like it's defense is weird, right because like Jadavi and his his stats, if you looked at his statue like, oh, well he's like you would literally say, well that's not great. But if you watch any game that dude disrupt out of everything game, out of every single He's a dude. He doesn't like play like your like standard, Oh, I have the sea gap, I have the b gap like he kind of just he is willing to do anything and everything because he's not athletic enough to do it. He'll go from the sea gap to the big gap kind of like JJ Watt will. Yeah, And it's like it's a nightmare for offensive lineman to play against because you if you're like, Okay, I'm gonna block this guy, like I'm gonna go as hard as I can at this guy, we'll all Jay even has to do is swim inside you and then go to the running back. Yeah, and other guys will just butt you up. You're like, Okay, at least I'm getting a little CTE during this, but I'm doing my job, you know what I'm saying, And I'd rather get a little of that if you spelt it out ct I'd rather get a little bit of that than just absolutely whip and follow my face and still get CD because the ground's heavy, the ground hard with you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, Why my name have to come up in that?
Speaker 3: It was just an example, dude, I'm actually trying to parlay. I was trying to parlay the examples.
Speaker 1: That's all. What's the stats.
Speaker 3: I mean, seventy two tackles, seventy one tackles for lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like no, he's he's killer on the top for loss for sure. And that was kind of like people were saying this about JJ Watt. People not me. I'm just saying what I've heard. Okay, So if you Houston Texans fan, k but that's the thing, like I heard that, like linebackers would would hate playing with JJ Watt because he was not gap sound. So really would be like, hey, Brian Cushing, whatever gap JJ goes into you, if you get the other gap, make sure. So JJ would have some massive TFLs like his numbers are through the roof. But also that's why he's in text would get broken for like sixty yards for a touchdown a lot because it's hard. It's hard to correct your guy in fun of you, so especially was in that talented.
Speaker 3: This is all foreign language to me. I'm just told to punt right left you we'll get in.
Speaker 1: One of one of my buddies in from high school literally texted me is like, so happy you're having Brett curR on the podcast. I watched him warm up the entire game during the Baltimore game, like he just you like you not so much. A suck up was way worse than you as far as like, I guess worse is the wrong word, but suck up is way. He was way more like stretch all the time, guy, like always doing something guy, and you're like a you're like a got more of a Pat McAfee feel to you. Gotta grip and rip it. I'm just gonna punt out of this ball and move on pretty much. But without the theatrics, which I think we could work on this year.
Speaker 3: I don't feel comfortable doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the actually, what's twenty twenty all about getting getting comfortable with the uncomfortable. Let's let's let's dive into this my rookie year.
Speaker 2: What theatrics hang on? What the actual share we talking about?
Speaker 1: I was about to explain. Okay, okay, I'm sorry. And by the way, two for two looking firm. Actually I appreciate you. You wear in the right shirts. I know it's a go Pro shirt, yeah, Shadow go Pro, but not Shadow go Pro because it don't sponsor, so don't so no, no shutout, go pro. When like my rookie year, it was like the first quarter or maybe this is a start of the second half as a start of the second half.
Speaker 3: You were there, dude, and uh.
Speaker 1: They opened up. They opened up a second half with a on side kick and they got it and McAfee. I looked over and McAfee was doing like the chip like he just chipped it in there.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's got some swagoo to him. Dude, Yeah, he does, he really does.
Speaker 2: So you're talking theatrics, I have that swag.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, but you know me, I'm a big theatrics guy. Yeah, I'm a big over, over the top catch for sure. Yes, okay, okay, yeah yeah. And what you don't understand, He's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, how about that?
Speaker 2: Can I get a little more theatrics? Can we get a little bit more swag?
Speaker 1: You like, you take a ball, right, you grab the thing bo Brinkley snaps that perfectly laces up and everything, right, you grab that, you drop that missile onto that blasting foot of yours and send that things fifty five yards deep corner inside the ten yard line. You can't, like, you can't do a little something.
Speaker 3: Well, probably you can't dance, well, you can do something.
Speaker 2: You don't need that to do that, to go like d generation X like at WW back in the day.
Speaker 1: We can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be great that we can do that.
Speaker 1: We can that. He has risen, like the whole have well, nine guys kind of make a cave, but I don't, and then all come up like a ball. Listen, I'll come up like a ball like this, and then you want.
Speaker 2: To knocket out of bounds like it's already gonna be done.
Speaker 1: It's already done. The plays over, you've hit it inside the ten celebrations, we're money in the bank. And so you lay down, right, you're laying down. Eight guys kind of funnel you like, you're like you're in a cave, right because its getting a little familiar, all right, he has risen. Keep that in mind. Okay, I go up and I'm between the eight guys, so four and four of a small gap, and I put myself in a ball. All right. Let's say will Well was on the team. So it's let's say you guys are playing me and I joined in. Okay, okay, all right, so will so will joins in? So Will, and the other team is like, this is too great of a sell to not do anything about it. I'm in a ball and Will rolls me out of the way. Then you magically get up and just walk out, and then we all just start chanting. He has risen, like because you're the second coming of Jesus as a punter, is it sacrilegious? Ah, all right, well it's a working.
Speaker 3: It's the thing after I hit the ball like I hit that, I just sit there and kind of admire it. Right, So it's fifty to fifty if I even make it twenty yards down the field, because I have trusted my boys when they go cover right right a lot of times, I'm just there.
Speaker 2: I think you'd be really good if, like the NFL comes up with a thing where there could be like a mic on you and there's a camera closer to you, like after this, and you just kind of whisper something to the camera. I think that's where your swag would probably come in style like his style.
Speaker 1: You should be miked up for every single game, that is what we're trying to say, and then you know where the cameras at all time, and be like just like hit like sixty five yards look back.
Speaker 2: Oops exactly, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: It was like right there, like the cameras right there thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, I thinks, and that'd be it.
Speaker 1: You guys are talking about doing it.
Speaker 2: Well I heard the first time and it fired me up.
Speaker 3: But I was trying to do with the camera. So you're talking like Twitter, like Britney Spears.
Speaker 1: I'm thank you, Alex.
Speaker 3: Oops. Oops, I did it again.
Speaker 1: It's something like that Britney Spears. Just solim just oops.
Speaker 3: Oops.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 1: It's a working time.
Speaker 3: It's a working really.
Speaker 1: The one I wanted, well, just go big hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 3: The one I wanted to do was the mile high salute because that's where I started my career. I got you know, I got axed pretty quick when I was there. So why would you want to salute him because that's like what you do up there. But you're a visiting team.
Speaker 1: So it'd be like it'd be like condescending, Oh got, you got, you got. It'd be disrespectful. It'd be disrespectful. Hey, Monday night football, we're doing it with you. What would you do if you saw when you see Dreel Casey, if he's lined up on the punt return team.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be punt safe safe. You know he's coming for blood.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, he's coming hard.
Speaker 3: Bo will get him.
Speaker 1: I'm selling you right now.
Speaker 3: Bo, get the way.
Speaker 2: Bo is probably the most solid long snapper in the league, right yeah, I think now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Disrespect Bo, no disrespect. I don't know anything about long snapping, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And the only person scene.
Speaker 3: He's extremely accurate. He's big, so he can block about anybody.
Speaker 1: And he strong too.
Speaker 3: An's strong, country strong like.
Speaker 2: He's no slouch in the long snaping game. I've been around some long strappers. I don't want to disrespect long snappers I've played with, but Bo is definitely the most like put together, like he looks more like a football player than any long snapper out there. He's got that him and that dude from the Giants that used to play so he retired now long snapper from Giants.
Speaker 3: About Yeah, yeah, Bo's got him now. The other one, the other one is Luke Rhodes in Indie. Luke Rhodes looked like he could be a you know, Greek goddess type.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a stud like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See I said that comment just knowing who I've played with. I don't really know what else is out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think of all the football players, long snappers probably the least known player. Yeah right, because if you if you are known as probably does you do the really good job.
Speaker 2: But I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a good point, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I like at Toledo, did did you have any botch snaps?
Speaker 3: I dropped one one?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What so talk about that? Like, yeah, how the hard's? What's the terrifying feeling that goes to like your your tiny heart? When you drop a snap.
Speaker 3: You feel helpless.
Speaker 1: I would imagine like a newborn deer and then there's a predator coming in hot at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's yeah, it's because I mean you don't feel like you should screw up really at all, right, and then when you drop one it was a little rainy, it was a little missed. Bruce Grekowski was the quarterback. He like he liked like a little sheen to the ball, and we didn't. I always asked our guys, it's like, please, when we go out for a field goal or punt, can you switch the ball out because those balls are slick. Nope, we're not gonna do it. We're not gonna do it. Then you watch Ohio State and it's like their kickers and punter, they're kicking like jugs balls right, they're so broken in. I just remember getting in. That thing went right through my hands. You shud feel helpless.
Speaker 2: He's like, so in that story where you're trying to blame somebody, right there.
Speaker 1: A little bit sounds like, well, first it started off, started out with a little misty, it's a little rainy. And always ask the coaches or can we just switch the balls up? And they always said no, right right, right right, I'm just sparkl note in this thing, right but I'm just trying to figure out where the blame's going.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not palms up, but I'm just saying like I'm not palm up. I mean, you know, I'm just trying to set the uh you know, the picture for for the audience they can't see it on TV. IM just trying to set you know, a light mist.
Speaker 1: Give some context.
Speaker 3: You know, it was about forty eight degrees forty nine degrees, just to kind of set the tone of what it.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, you still you painted a picture for sure.
Speaker 3: I wasn't wearing gloves like I do. Now do you own that's my insurance policy. I wear a glove on this hand. Really yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's do some dimes too. I try not like Heckler, right, Heckler's the punter.
Speaker 3: He was a Hecker, yes, heck Hecker. Yeah, and he was a study.
Speaker 1: He was like a high school quarterback, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: He went to Oregon State to be a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, he had a scholarship.
Speaker 3: I think, so, yeah, get on them. And it was like Daniel Supova Supova to he was he went to Baylor as a linebacker and then the punter got hurt in spring balls. They were like, hey, let's just have punter tryouts. And he wents others, drops bombs, he wins the race. Guy word like three years in a row. But he's built, I mean, just jacked out of his mind, Like he'd be the guy that would hit a punt and he would beat a long snapper down to go try to make a tackle. Really, yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: A little over the top, A.
Speaker 2: Little over the top. Would you get fired up watching.
Speaker 1: To sit back like kind of like Brett does. That's not a little more swacked, No question, I don't. I don't need you.
Speaker 3: Do you see my body? You saw when I got hit against Tampa Bay?
Speaker 1: No, I heard it. I swear I was going to swear to God.
Speaker 2: You speaking of predators attacking helpless little animals.
Speaker 3: Wow, you pulled that up real quick.
Speaker 1: Hey, Alex is a stud.
Speaker 2: This episode of Bustle with the Boys is brought to you by Rocket Mortgage. Finding a new home that fits your family's needs can be tricky. You want room to spread out, space to gather, and a place to get away from it all. Luckily, when you need a mortgage that fits your family's needs, a great place to look is Rocket Mortgage. When I'm looking for a new house and I am to flex a little bit, I'm not thinking it's my mortgage gonna work for me. To be honest, I didn't know any of it was an option until the Boys started working with Rocket Mortgage. Want to see how a different down payment impacts your monthly payment? No problem. You can see your loan options, adjust payments, and closing costs online in real time.
Speaker 1: How helpful is that?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 1: When you need to know what.
Speaker 2: It takes for a home loan to fit your budget and your family. Rocket Can. That's because they provide the tools and expertise you need to understand all your options and find what works for you. Not sure if you're ready to buy yet, check out their online home Buyer's guide for tips on where to start when you are ready and needy lender who will help you understand all your mortgage options. Rocket can get started online at rocket mortgage dot com. Slash playbook call for cost information and Conditions, Equal housing lender licensed in all fifty states, NMLS Consumer Access dot.
Speaker 1: Org number thirty thirty. That he's got way too many tabs open at all times. But he's an absolute stunt. I would have put a under creditor.
Speaker 2: Is Devin White in this?
Speaker 1: In this?
Speaker 2: And Brett Curran is a helpless little animal? What is going through your mind at this moment?
Speaker 1: Right? Oh, he's got it. Were you thinking I'm.
Speaker 2: About to shake him up or do something?
Speaker 1: You don't see him?
Speaker 3: If he was the last guy I was expecting. Because if you look, the coaches were saying, well, he's supposed to cover Proue Michael Preuit right right, And he just made a football play because when he he looked, he takes two steps to follow Preu and then he sees that I have the ball. That is a very when he came when he came around Roger right there? Or is that Jack?
Speaker 1: That's looks like I think that might be Jack. That's that's Jamal. I was gonna say it looks like that's Jamil because I think Jamial went in for that play.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's go run it, run it.
Speaker 1: Terrible ball leverage. Oh my god, dude. I walked over. I was like, is he dead? I said, I swear to God, go back back in the same thing, go back pause it. When I get to the sideline right there, Hey, is he dead? That's what I said, dude, I swear. I'm not even joking. I literally I heard it.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, he is. And the thing is, do you really get to hit that hard? It just sounded bad.
Speaker 2: Look at awk Man, look at all just throw his hands up. Look at him on side.
Speaker 1: Oh you know how many times we practiced that?
Speaker 3: So many times and I would have put you think three forty one left, were up by four and it was like fourth and three. What's the last thing that we're probably gonna do run a fake? What's the I would have put one hundred grand on what's the thing you probably should?
Speaker 1: I would probably been a walk in touchdown, you wing from L s U the open arms?
Speaker 2: Is your running the last thing you think?
Speaker 1: I don't think he did.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a.
Speaker 1: Great play, though. I'll tell you know what, something so slow.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's the last thing you're expecting. But also the number one thing you might that's a not doing is going that's a.
Speaker 1: Thirty four year old dad, bob, Oh, you're saying, what's back hall?
Speaker 2: At that moment, I was like, why are they going for?
Speaker 1: They're up four? You know, if Ray didn't call that play, you know he's looking at like, yeah, great job. Yes, that that would really worked out? Did as like thirty nine of running the end zone.
Speaker 2: You can see him being condescending, Oh, call call, Wow, what's going on here? Are you milking this at this point?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I just I feel like there's a party that feels so kind of demoralized about it that you kind of have to well.
Speaker 1: The other part.
Speaker 3: The other part, too, is I knew that I fumbled and.
Speaker 1: They didn't at least hang on to the ball, didn't overturn it. No, we would have That's what I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking that that Uh, that should have been a fumble recovered touchdown.
Speaker 1: Do you think so? Yes? Yes, yes, yes, I go back up, go back and go back and show it.
Speaker 2: I fumble and they would have potentially won the game.
Speaker 3: And the other angle shows it. But it comes out before any part of my body hits the ground.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know something? It's about taking accountability for one's actions. If I would have got the outside of this guy, you would have got the first tent at least.
Speaker 2: Wait where are you at?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Because I'm going I'm going off your you go on and you.
Speaker 1: Did a good job setting up the balls thinking if you got.
Speaker 3: Him to good at the outside, bow's out. If he's not there, Bo is my lead blocker, and it is yeah, balls out, then then it'll be how bad is Brett's touchdown celebration?
Speaker 1: What are you? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I had no idea, you know.
Speaker 1: Play since camp. There's no way you didn't have an idea of what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I honestly didn't.
Speaker 2: Somebody wanted him to own up to him fumbling to right Alex, I think I saw somebody saying.
Speaker 1: Well, eave you word the rev play dead. Bet you this guy's not a Tampa fan.
Speaker 2: That's Hey, that's Stephen g He's he's a barcelat. He gives us our ads every week.
Speaker 1: Oh his name Stefan, Steve. Stephen is an f Look at his user though, Steven the My eyes are so bad. Do you see that spend.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, dude, see Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's a he's a Bucks fan for sure.
Speaker 1: You know what? This just you what this goes to show us if we're just still and blameing people the messed. So all those flags from last year, maybe not all my fault, right yeah? Maybe I mean maybe not all my fault. Right now, I'm kidding a little bit. I stop cursing because I want Bryce to hear this podcast, and we gotta let's edit this podcast. Let me make you bleep.
Speaker 3: You know what happened the first It was probably the second week of virtual meetings, right, Bryce comes down. He says, Hey, Dad, can I be in an on your special team?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I said, you know what, Awk's been pretty clean the first week. I think we're good opens it up, Aux starts the meeting. All of a sudden, Braves chimes in drops like four f bombs in the first minute, and my son looks at me, and I look at him. He goes, all right, I'm gonna go dad, Hey said that. He walked out the room. He's like, well, will he want to listen to this episode? Probably make sure all are bleeped.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bleep them. This is the first ever like parental advisory with the edited edition.
Speaker 3: I got three kids ten eight for they Love You and they Love Me to death? Yeah, and uh yeah, I'm sure anything anytime Daddy goes on the radio or whatever on TV, they you know, they want to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna edit everything and hard no cursing. We're gonna have a swear giant now for this pod. Okay, so if you curse, it's one hundred dollars. Okay, Well, we've only got to make it like thirty more minutes, right, you see like his aha moment, like when Hey just like like like I've just invented something new, right, like I've done I finally did it?
Speaker 3: What are the what are the fines going to the proceeds?
Speaker 1: I will probably just put it back on our pocket step.
Speaker 3: I've always wondered that about NFL fines, Oh dude, they definitely if you get like if you get fined by the club, I mean, the charity goes to charity.
Speaker 2: I don't know the NFL fine. So if you pay a fine.
Speaker 1: So when I miss when I miss spectam mini camp right for when I was holding out right, I got fine like an absertain amount of money. But I put a lot of money, which I really thought John was going to be a boy and hook it, hook it up, and then he told me it'd be a bad once I went in. I went into his office after the season, I was like, hey, listen, like, let can we just work some that Can I get that money? Yeah, that's it's a good year. Boy made the Pro Bowl and let me just can I get some of that coin back? And he literally looked in the eyes and he goes, I'll think about it. Didn't call me back for three weeks, dude, call it back. He took it like, and he took an insulting five thousand dollars off. Oh how much did you get dude? It was like seventy six thousand dollars it was a it was it was a college fund.
Speaker 3: We won the Prowl that year, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're saying, but only sixteen, is what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, you know every year we were in the prob Dealer, even even last year when you went without me. He has't won the Pro.
Speaker 3: Bowl three for three. That's been nice. I mean, I've been able to get a jeep for the family, really, put a golf simulator in the basement.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and then uh the Pro Bowl hooks it up? Does look it up? It's it's how much fun is the week?
Speaker 3: Though? I mean, look, my kids absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, play this year your son. He needs to uh he gets to be a reporter.
Speaker 1: I actually want to hear this because I don't remember what I said that curse. I hope not. I'm just kidding. I think I'm gonna go around and ask how terrible is this music?
Speaker 3: By the way, some awkward questions the professional.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite Disney My favorite Disney movie probably Hercules. It's the first one. It's not my favorite? Is that the Is that the first thing that came You were trying to take it back?
Speaker 2: He's like, I felt I got to think about that.
Speaker 3: More of Hercules.
Speaker 1: I haven't haven't finished. I love how Bryce asked the question and then he gives his an explanation on what my answer was.
Speaker 3: This is when he was seven, my favorite ride at Disney would have to be Space Mountain.
Speaker 1: That Space Mountain is. Space Mountain is an absolute death trap. It's brutal on the neck, It's terrifying. Yeah, your favorite player here besides me, said, is this gonna go on to Titans?
Speaker 3: Twitter?
Speaker 1: Oh? Damn d H Dude, that's epic, Dude. I love Jalen Ramsey. I love him. That's a beauty.
Speaker 2: I love how he asks, like, kind of what is this going to be on? Because he's like, you remember when he shout it out bus with the boys said the name? He kind of like, hey, is this gonna be on Titans? Taylor Lawan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like how disrespectful could I be with the Jaguar fans? Dude? That is a wild yeah, Bryce. Does Bryce want to be a reporter or he just wants to have fun? Does he want to be a punter like his dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wants to, but I mean he's young enough now where they don't punt. So I told him just wait, do.
Speaker 1: You give him pointers in the back? Like he has a father of a ten year old right like that, kids like eight years from now, I can do them college.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. He's unfortunately he doesn't really listen to me as far as coaching. So I'm gonna be to be I'm going to be the dad that spends bunch of money to go to for him to go to camps and learn how to punt when it's like we could have just gone to a field and figured this out right for free.
Speaker 1: Well maybe because he's ten now, Like I think when he's fourteen freshman in high school, right, he'll go, oh, oh, my dad's made the Pro Bowl seven times to be a punter. Maybe I'll listen to that now, but also.
Speaker 3: There'd be four more. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. I'm a big think in the future kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many years you try to play until Well, this whole off season has been great. It was like it's retired life. It's kind of work out. Got a peloton in the basement, that's your workout pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he respects punters, isn't it. Look it's it really has to respect specials, especially in camp, yes, because like I'm not even in camp right now. It's June, and what Brett just said pissed me off. You know what I'm saying. Oh, you know, it's kind of like retired life. I'm out here grind in my head, like in the path, like yeah, getting IVS twice a week, just trying to get ready to get my head caved in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was on assume with brettany says he doesn't work out.
Speaker 3: I do work out, okay, Peloton, Sorry, Peloton, I got weights in the basement. Uh sixty you get oka.
Speaker 1: You forget that. I played with you for seven years. I know, I know how much you work out.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work out this boy. Look the way the genetics I have, Like when I got to Denver. Okay, you might not believe this. I did two seventy five with prayer eight times and I look the exact same as I do now at thirty four. A little bit of commitment, discipline, promise you.
Speaker 1: What about what?
Speaker 3: How's your diet great? Is my wife's a great cook? Does she like?
Speaker 1: Do you dairy free? And Angimo?
Speaker 3: You like I'm free? Yeah? Guy, I mean I try to like stay away from some of that stuff. Like, I'm not gonna go out like pound ice cream all the time, but.
Speaker 1: But how could is ice cream ice cream? Hey, Coco, Coco? I work out shout out you, dude.
Speaker 2: I wanted, I want to give them free, but I we can't get pass.
Speaker 3: I just like my workouts just a little bit different. It was when I turned thirty. That's when it started to change for me.
Speaker 1: You started to change body wise just.
Speaker 3: No, just like I started to get more sore.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, you don't need to be sore that torque in that leg.
Speaker 3: As long as as long as my leg feels fresh, I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: So when you hit thirty, things got worse. You have more sore, things start to hurt.
Speaker 3: More, uh more sore. Yeah, I hardly ever get sore because I'm like a pitcher, Like I'm not gonna go out and pitch every day. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go out and kick every day. So you just have to manage all that.
Speaker 2: Well, hang on, So we run a zoom and my man was like, yeah, I don't really work out a whole lot. I'm like, do you stretch? He's like no, not really.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brett yeah, oh what do you do? I will say this, and if you and I hate, well, I'm gonna say it. But I remember after you made your first Pro Bowl, Brett and Ryan we're all we're all worried about you, like what if it goes to his head? What if this happens? What does that happen? And then literally it was maybe your best year that year, your second well this year was too. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Hey, we both we had one hundred.
Speaker 1: Hey did you started talking? I go? I said, yea for it? Oh did you? Yeah? Oh man, Bryce, We're sorry. I have two hundred dollars the Brice.
Speaker 3: Oh man, he'll buy some sweet Lego says all right, two hudredars the Brice.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred dollars out of my Amazon card.
Speaker 1: Oh just looking at that, so I'm out one fifty. Hey hear need you made that real cash? What's the real money?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But but Ryan and Brett were all worried about you. Now, Brett bo we're all worried about you, like, oh man, what if he's not working hard enough? And I was like, I don't know, it seems fine to me. And we went up the press Shire and like you were like literally hitting bombs.
Speaker 3: And I like, I'm telling you, like it took me ten years to get my first Pro Bowl. In those previous years, I was so worried about stats like where I finished, Like in order to go to the Pro Bowl, you have to be here here and you probably need this many I twenty, all that kind of stuff, and I tried to get that and that took me off. You know, there'd be some games we're actually playing the game and I'm more worried about well, I know we're playing at Buffalo next week and it's supposed to be windy, and like I would just so I have to go out this game and make sure I average over fifty. And so that the first year I made of the Pro Bowl, I was just like, you know what, I'm not going to look at stats until we vote. And I didn't, and it was way better mentally. I just go out there and punt. Just take each game at a time, each situation. Just go out their ball out and then after that it's just like got Pro Bowls, got the monkey off the back, and just keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So you did say too, like you either just got it or you don't.
Speaker 3: It's like you kick a football. You either got or you don't. If you go if we go out to the park and like I watched people punt and they come out and saying, oh, I want to be a punter and be like, nope, because I'm not the strongest guy. I just can't, uh, you know, squat the most. You know all that you pull over your shorts, what not about it? Like those aren't those aren't big?
Speaker 1: You're right, I mean not to find that. You'll show the other one. Don't don't go.
Speaker 3: This one you got.
Speaker 1: You got the gammies though, don't don't sleep on the man. I got them Hammies, bro and the upper quad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's stronger because there's not strong. It's not bass. It's the bass.
Speaker 1: That's the bass.
Speaker 3: And this one's just the lever.
Speaker 1: I always figure like if I looked at a punter and a cartoon and be like one will be super big and then might be super strong, kind of like Quagmire when he was like doing that thing and that I'm not gonna say because it's the peach pucket. You know what I'm saying, Bryce, please laugh at that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just it's just a matter of how quick, how quick you can get your leg through torque and the torque you can create.
Speaker 2: So when you watch young Bryce kicking the ball, what's going through your mind?
Speaker 1: Has it has any peoperty yet?
Speaker 3: His voice isn't cracked yet, so it's hard to tell how he's gonna punt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're if your son is sixteen and he done got it right, how is that conversation going to be? Well, what's your what's your what's your relationship like with your kids? Is it like is it one of those things where like kind of sugarcoat a little bit. Bryce, No, I don't hope you're not sitting on this one.
Speaker 3: Like I'm very upfront with Bryce. Yeah, because mean he's my only son, you know, and he's got two little sisters, some very like I'm pretty hard on him, and.
Speaker 2: He's got to carry on the blood line.
Speaker 3: But he would he would tell you that I'm hard on him. But yeah, he's a great kid.
Speaker 1: So Bryce is the best kid. Bryce is one of those kids like you were doing something one day in the locker room and I watched Bryce in the locker room. We literally we literally like through we played catch for thirty minutes. Like, if you pick up a ball with that kid, he will play catch all day.
Speaker 3: He played. I mean he played catch with Lamar this year in the locker room for I mean, Lamar played catching for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 3: Oh, he just said a blast, just throwing the ball back and forth.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's a special picture right there. Because he was born in Denver. When I got cut, he was six weeks old.
Speaker 1: Dang, that had to be hard.
Speaker 3: It was hard. It was real hard. So he was six weeks old. My wife stayed back with him for a week. I was out golfing, Right, So.
Speaker 1: You're golfing with a six week old, Well, sounds like you're taking everything's got to cut.
Speaker 3: It was. It was six weeks into the end of the season something. And who's going to pick up a punter after six weeks? Right? So I go to the course where if you're a Broncos player you can play for free.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I show up on a Tuesday and the guy checking me out, he goes, he's like, hey ahead, Brett, it's eighty bucks, said eight. He goes He's like, well, he's like, did you got cut yesterday? Right? I said, yeah, can you give me a break, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just just got cut.
Speaker 3: Like I get well, you're not technically a Bronco anymore. Yo, I paid eighty bucks. I'm on the fourth hole putting. I get back to the cart, I have like eight miss calls, four from my agent and four from this six one five number. I'm like, who's six one five right? And my agents obviously called me, So what's going on? So I call my agent. He's like, if the six one five number calls you back, you better answer it because it's the Titans. I said, okay, So he calls me back. Hey, this is Lake Dawson from the Tennessee Titans. We just want to let you know that we picked you up off Waivers and and your flight leaves in two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my my house.
Speaker 3: Where we were renting from the airport was an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh so you had to go.
Speaker 1: So I had to golf course.
Speaker 3: The golf course was probably fifteen minutes away from the airport. Yeah, And I was actually more upset than I wasted eighty dollars on the round of golf because I just got cut.
Speaker 2: Like I would have been tight dude, like, hey, I want that eighty back.
Speaker 1: I was eight bucks season.
Speaker 3: I was in such a hurry that I was I was out, and so he was six weeks old, and so this is the first time that my wife and him were able to go back for a game. So it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Titans grabbed the pro bowler. Hey, that's a solid story. That's a solid story, man.
Speaker 1: Shout shout out Tennessee Titans getting like the golf Way. Yeah, no doubt, dude, that's crazy, Dude, to.
Speaker 2: Get back to telling them, because Taylor walked in when you were talking about how you matthing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you guys.
Speaker 2: At first we left on he was sending her a lot of Facebook pokes.
Speaker 3: Folks, did you back in the day.
Speaker 2: He wasn't man enough talked to her in person, so he kept poking.
Speaker 3: Her on face, poking her.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, kind of a weird deal. So I want to hear that sounds like a bit of a like, you know, just drop them.
Speaker 3: And I was Norman. I was nervous. I mean, you could tell she's a ten out of ten, and so I was nervous to talk to her. And uh so the innamural sofotball team I was on, it was all couples and that was like the fifth wheel.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So the one girl had a class that got rescheduled for a test, and so I asked the couple that was kind of in charge of the team. I said, Hey, since this is all a couple of teams, why don't you bring a girl that I could go on a date with? Right, And the girl was like, got the perfect girl for you? Perfect? Who comes walking?
Speaker 2: The one you've been poking on Facebook on Facebook?
Speaker 3: Facebook?
Speaker 1: Facebook?
Speaker 3: What I've been poking on Facebook on Facebook? So she I was obviously extremely nervous. I knew she was in my History of Jazz class, which sounds like a complete what a football player would take, but it was a.
Speaker 2: Really I took it too. It is what a football player takes.
Speaker 3: But it's a great class.
Speaker 2: One of those first year classes.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent all my classes were like that. As a general studies majors, twice.
Speaker 3: I was geography and urban development.
Speaker 1: So geography and urban development, Yeah, so what do you mean, like, you go out the urban areas of the you.
Speaker 3: Go play neighborhoods, you know, you see the guys that are kind of a.
Speaker 1: She played sims as a class close Yeahah, they actually isn't that the thing, right, Yeah, you actually go and you design your own stuff stuff.
Speaker 3: But like if you if you let's say you're you create a neighborhood, right and you have a certain acreage of concrete or uh, asphalt, then you got to figure out how big your your runoff pond is so things don't flood. Yeah, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So I couldn't use you for the house I'm building right now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But see the problem is I was majoring that in two thousand and eight when nobody was building houses, so it was football or bust. Yeah, right, Thankfully football worked out.
Speaker 1: Oh my goods two thousand and eight, like like my my wife.
Speaker 3: And had like two thousand dollars in our bank account on cut day, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: With the six week old with a six week old, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, that was my rookie year. He was born second year. Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 1: A little more janguale in that pocket. Why did you get cut? Do you have a bad game?
Speaker 3: No, they just said they're going a different direction. McDaniels called me up and said we're going a different direction. And I was I was like fifth in the league and gross so.
Speaker 1: Why would you give a direction? Did you have an attitude you could have?
Speaker 2: You could have.
Speaker 1: I've known you and you're the later part of your career. I have you not seen me mature? I've matured quite a bit from very one to we're seven year seven. Yeah, and his kids are very.
Speaker 2: It's very strict and discipline around there. You don't get a lot out of him. So you know, he could be pretty.
Speaker 1: He could have been a wild child. Yeah, he could have been wild man. I don't think you were a wild child. I would actually bet money that you weren't wild child.
Speaker 3: First year of college I was a wild child. But who doesn't Who doesn't have that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I was.
Speaker 1: I kept that first year of college kind of mentality until, like when I met Taylor my third year the NFL. For about seven more years, I probably would be dead in a ditch right in AF wasn't for my wife. Shut out tailing. We're going to take a minute to shout out Viori. No free shout outs.
Speaker 2: Viori means mountain, but to us it represents a view from the summit, the expense of clarity it can provide, and the awe inspiring experience it brings. It's a new perspective and performance on apparel. Perfect If you are sick and tired of the traditional old workout gear that one hundred percent cod bullshit, you guys need to throw it away. Everything is designed to work out in, but doesn't look or feel like it. It's so damn comfortable you'll want to wear it all the time. The Boys, You guys will probably start doing your own laundry now for once in your life. That that's how much you're gonna want to wear it. The product is incredibly versatile. It can be used for just about any activity like running, training, yoga, but also great for lounging or weakend errands. Designed to look great in everyday life outside the gym, perfect for any workout or activity. Viewory is an investment in your happiness and for our listeners, shout out the Boys. They are offering twenty percent off of your first purchase. Get yourself some of the most comfortable and versatile clothing on the planet at Vory dot com slash bussing. That's Vuo ri I dot com slash bussing. Not only will you receive twenty percent off from the Boys on your first purchase, but you're also going to enjoy free shipping on any US orders over seventy five dollars and free returns.
Speaker 1: Go to Vory dot.
Speaker 2: Com, slash bussing and discover the versatility of Viory clothing. Start doing your laundry, boys, Start wearing this shit every day. Get Vory in your life. Back to the episode, No.
Speaker 3: I mean, but seriously though, Like, so, she came to the game, and I was trying to play it off cool, like I know she's in my history jazz class, but I'm gonna say, oh, are you in my biology class? Blah blah blah. You know, you know I knew exactly where she grew.
Speaker 1: Up, make you seem like he didn't really know a whole lot of all that.
Speaker 3: Stuff that I knew on Facebook. And so then I think it was like the second inning. She came around third and she slid head first in the whole plate and she got called out because you weren't allowed to slide right, which the rules. No, I didn't, but I didn't think she was going to slide head first and the whole plate because there's no sliding. And I looked at my roommate and I was like, dude, I'm like, I'm gonna marry that girl.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's what happened.
Speaker 1: That's how that went down.
Speaker 3: So it went down so.
Speaker 1: Many times you have to poke over your Facebook before to poke anyone.
Speaker 3: Well after that, you were like, then we found out we lived in the same apartment complex and the same church. So it was like, this is great. Oh wow, now we're going on. You're twelve this year, so that's impressive.
Speaker 1: Shout out the currency and a world where the statistics are against you. Yeah, twelve years twelve, it's kind of like you, I mean, after twelve years, like you better might as well just do the whole thing, right, you know what I'm saying. I feel like twelve twelve is that mark. We were like, well, we're definitely not going to get divorced. Now, we have to stay together forever. Yeah, that's pretty cool, no doubt because statistically, like there's seven of us in here, four of us are atting divorced.
Speaker 2: That's on the hot ending the finger, and we say twelve years is that even say together down anymore?
Speaker 3: Oh you're pulling up the.
Speaker 1: Statistics of divorce? Is this where we're going closely? This is a good This is a good, good example for you right now, because this world is tough, all right, and to make sure you find the right person that has the same moral values of you as you to spend the best of your life with. So I'm glad we're going through this educational process. What do these what do these bars and graphs say? I thought it was fifty to sixty. I'm happy about this number. Yeah, so really more around three of us are getting still an opportunity for someone says, not it not it?
Speaker 3: Not it, not it?
Speaker 1: Oh Jack didn't Jack didn't say anything. But he's back there, Like I know, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Jackets for sure. Yeah, Jack is for sure.
Speaker 1: Jack's back there, just handing out ring like, oh, bro. Then things You get an annul man, you get an annulment, you get an an omen That's awesome.
Speaker 2: What else we get on the else?
Speaker 1: We get on the list? We had questions, don't we? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: Oh but hey, you know what, you know we're fired up about.
Speaker 1: What have you went on Pat McAfee show.
Speaker 3: Have you went on in very salty subject?
Speaker 1: Why? Okay, we're on ours. I know I would go on this one.
Speaker 3: I told you I would go on this podcast. Before pass three point zero.
Speaker 1: Hey, big Path fan, big Path fan, big Pat fan. But that's a big win. I love Passat fan.
Speaker 2: We got for the brand guy, we got the punter on our bus for the Punter podcast.
Speaker 1: I have the shirts.
Speaker 3: But you saw the picture? Did I did a zoom call?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it was the last game of the year. I think it was twenty fifteen. We sucked right, you know, like three and thirteen. Yeah, so it was Vinitaries like twentieth year whatever. He you know, I thought for sure he's retiring after the season. Nope, he keeps going. So Ryan and I were like, let's trade jerseys because I want Minitaries jersey. And I was like, you know what, Pat's coming on a Pro Bowl. I'd love to get his jersey because that's when I started to collect jerseys. So they were like, hey, look, let's just swap. Let's take a picture. And then our equipment guy won't let us send out the jerseys because I think they were going to the playoffs that year. He's like, will find us like two hun and fifty bucks, you know, after the season is done, and he will send you the jersey. And I was like, here, well, why don't you just take mine Ryan, you know, military took Ryan's jersey. Stuck up jersey. We'll send it to you in the mail and the scene's over. It still waiting on that jersey. Nope.
Speaker 1: So they got your guys as jerseys. You didn't get theirs, correct, and it is you.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of jerseys of guys that I respect, you know, punting wise, kicking wise. You know, I even got Slater's jersey that I got the Pro Bowls year.
Speaker 1: You know. Dang, all right, I'm down date two off the Amazon card. Okay, Hey, what is this talk about? Amm I'm gonna I'm gonna coax you.
Speaker 2: He gives his punt team Amazon gift cards when he makes the Pro Bowl or just every year or.
Speaker 1: So every year from now on. Hey, let me get in that. I mean it's all over drawn at this point, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you could promote this. That's what voting really matters.
Speaker 1: No, well, we're we are going to hook like no one's busy.
Speaker 2: Trust me, dude. We got plans. I got plans on this. I won't put Taylor in it. We got plans while he does his.
Speaker 1: Thing, and I'm I'll tell you what I am going to absolutely hook for votes. This year, it's comeback season for the boy good. Yeah, I mean, I mean I missed you last year. I'll tell you what, dude, I was miss me. Yeah, I mean, will did go with me? They go, and I felt like it was a little more fun you went the year before, right, yeah? When yeah, when when Taylor went the Universal I paid for these women, everything had a good time.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say I will very cheap.
Speaker 1: I am, I am cheap.
Speaker 2: But the way Taylor pitch it to me, it seemed like it was an all inclusive thing where you have a set number of people you can invite to the Pro Bowl. So when he asked me, of course I was fired up.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, good, I'm up four hundred dollars, I'm up fifty on you.
Speaker 1: Let's go. There goes that Amazon gift card down the dream. Yeah that's tough. That is tough. So go ahead, keep talking about making you're making bright.
Speaker 2: I almost cussed again, right then, No.
Speaker 1: You didn't.
Speaker 3: Your kids are gonna have such a potty mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah they probably are, I know, yeah, your kids.
Speaker 2: And when I got there and they were like, can we get a card on file or something like that, or they said like, oh, it's all paid for and I'm like, what do you mean paid for it? And they were like, uh, oh, are you under little one thing? And they're like yeah, he's going to be paying for your guys' room and everything and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what the not saying good job for golf, But I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It's like coming out of pocket, you know what I'm saying. So he did and I appreciate it. I had a great time.
Speaker 1: He said. He put me in his back pocket a little bit.
Speaker 3: So nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that that Universal night is a blast, dude, all time standing in line, remember we cut up already got in line with him. Yeah, well to go on the bus at the hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the longest line of the night is to get on the bus. Yeah, we cut the line to get in with you.
Speaker 1: We did actually do that. Yeah, dude. The problem is so much fun. It is so much fun. It's literally the best experience. And now I'll never take it for granted again because it's comeback season.
Speaker 3: And you missed you missed the sweet jersey this year too.
Speaker 1: Don't even get me started, bro. I truly I thought that in my head, I was like, this year, so yeah, three of them that are all red.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: He's like subtle differences is and one like two of the exact same one is like a little bit different, like the outlining.
Speaker 2: I remember the boys idea jersey jerseys.
Speaker 1: Look at them, Look at those got ripped off because those are ugly. But yeah, but still but still cool because they're different. It doesn't matter. You can literally do Pete green and then still be cool because the're Pro Bow jerseys.
Speaker 3: Right with that, I got to order ten of them this year.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I'm about to I'm going to order a fleet for the boys. Let's go, kids, Just let's go kids.
Speaker 2: People are saying, uh what we're oh yeah, yeah, in the Pro Bowl voting and all that. Yeah, we're selling out. I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're on the team, you're on the bust and roster.
Speaker 1: All the Tier ones, all our Tier one fans, well for sure are most of our tier twos. Will yeah, probably less than half of our tier threes. Will we have three? We have three tiers of fans here.
Speaker 2: Oh that was always that was a good question when we were on with uh with we won't say his name on his show, The six foot five Show. We're not gonna say his name. It starts with the b, ends with the K. His first name.
Speaker 3: Rhymes with the word that gets you fined.
Speaker 1: Burder king.
Speaker 2: Oh boy rhymes with duck, starts with be. We're not gonna say his name. But on his show, tell me like that.
Speaker 1: Guy that's ugly is but fifty year old's voice?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Andrew Luck?
Speaker 2: No, well, this the guy that Andrew Luck. We'll call him Andrew Luck.
Speaker 1: B K wanted to actually is it? B K a br BR br BR wanted to be one of the boys and behind.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He still does. He won't you know what? But not good enough?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: A good question we had on there is how many how many you think you could pound before a game and still performing?
Speaker 3: Look at point f okay, Uh, I don't know. I think the more relaxed I am, the better I play. So yeah, I mean, you know, I'm more of a bourbon guy. But are we talking like how many beers you could? Yeah, I don't know, probably six. That's a fair number. That's a fair number.
Speaker 1: That's a number that's like, oh, he's probably telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, because it came off of like the whole not working out stretching is like you either got it or you don't. That's where that question kind of came about. He's like probably six.
Speaker 1: Six six right on par seven, little too much. But if you always say like fourteen, well that's great.
Speaker 2: You know, it seems like you got a couple of problems going on.
Speaker 1: Fourteen. My goodness, number two behind trace Way.
Speaker 2: Oh Truss Way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Trust was actually on his way through and wanted to come on the bus, but we weren't. Like I think that's when the COVID stuff was happening, and you he was in California, so we couldn't do it. But Trust was about to be the first one the first punter specialists to come.
Speaker 1: On the bus.
Speaker 2: And I always give him up. We always have this running joke because we get like tight and I just let him know. I just remind him that he's number two behind Tress like in my Friendship of Punters.
Speaker 1: Right, that's fine, you have a whole bluff throw of them. You have a lot of friends.
Speaker 2: I think two I get, I'll count, I'll count aj.
Speaker 1: Cole from the Raiders. Good.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you remember it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's literally my only putter friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a good one. He's he's solid. I would say trust Trust, though Trust would be playing with us every Saturday. Trust would be trying to get involved in like either the spite ball, the wolfball.
Speaker 1: The volleyball.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Trust was that kind of friend. Wow, you know what I'm saying. You don't really do that for me at all.
Speaker 2: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: He sticks in his lane like when they play golf. They just play golf with their own buddies. Yeah, you don't really call me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't get invites. Trust taught me how to play golf.
Speaker 1: I'm actually starting to think we're not actually friends exactly.
Speaker 2: Trust guy seems like somebody you might want to meet.
Speaker 1: I sounds like a guy that would if he enjoys my company. I might get a text message exactly exactly number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh here we go. Yeah, I think I saved it.
Speaker 2: I bet he probably does. From pulp from the Pro Bowl, like in passing, like, hey, he said us to save us a spot and line and the bus type of thing.
Speaker 1: Say it out loud, Well that's my voicemail, so yeah it is, that's my voicemail. Let's see save yourself. Wait, hold on, let's see what is my number?
Speaker 3: Pop up?
Speaker 1: As it's really cool. I personalized it. I actually put your number as a contact so it's interesting.
Speaker 3: So now you have my number.
Speaker 1: This is awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is awkward.
Speaker 1: Hey, I guess you're just texting me my campagna. They were in a group chat twelve sets of three, three seventy five before doing four or five for one. None of my friends are meat heads. I thought you guys would appreciate my grind. Cary laffy face, Caryl laffy face, shoutout dB.
Speaker 3: Do you guys share workout pictures? I don't. You don't want to, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Send video of your peloton.
Speaker 3: I'll send you a picture of round of golf I played this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh he did? He did RDL one artist.
Speaker 2: So why don't you invite? Why is your group so like exclusive in the on the golf course?
Speaker 3: Because I'm like, I'm very last minute when I play in golf, and you see, I could I could legit, I could text like bo might text me tonight eight o'clock. Hey, I got a tea time tomorrow eight thirty You win? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is it fair to say you study golf more than you do football.
Speaker 3: Yes, I play fantasy golf. I watch golf like I subscribe to the PGA Tour. The things you got, I could watch it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, sunny. I can have it on the TV all day.
Speaker 1: Have you been to Augusta been in this?
Speaker 3: Yeh awesome, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Is it true that they keep like the food is the same amount.
Speaker 3: Every Yeah, you can. You can bring a twenty dollars bill and that'll last you the whole day. Really, but if you bring a slam some beers, I bring it extra twenty. But well I can, I mean, I mean six past six, I'm timing your range for forty forty bucks of covery the whole day easily. Really, Now the pro Shop last year, you're coming out of pocket, that's easily one thousand. Yeah, you're coming out of pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah for a half, no, no, no, for a full.
Speaker 3: By the time you go through the whole thing and you have your bag folder like, oh, your total ninety nine thirty six, it happens fast, real fast. Get you like that real fast?
Speaker 2: Oh? When they when people talk about like the handicapped thing, what's your handicap or let's scratch golf.
Speaker 3: Zero, I'm a zero.
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't have a handicap.
Speaker 3: No, I'm a zero like a zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're good, I mean all right, yeah, well no he he zero, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Like there's no there's no way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is if you want to mean you finished.
Speaker 1: Even well, no, it depends on the rating like a Gusta.
Speaker 2: Would you go to a gus like a Gustaf if.
Speaker 3: You were to play, the rating might be seventy seven. So even though part seventy two, the rating seventy seven is a scratch, I should be able to shoot seventy seven.
Speaker 2: So are you a scratch golf for beating zero.
Speaker 3: Zero and a scratch? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Same thing, same thing.
Speaker 3: So you go to a gust and seven, I've ever played there?
Speaker 1: Do you play spikeball?
Speaker 3: Bike ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, hes bike ball? Hey, I learned something right now. I've always been curious about the whole rating scratch zero, handicap stuff.
Speaker 3: What's McCabe McKay. Probably if you're tipping it out, probably like seventy one. So I if I go to mcave, I should probably shoot underpark.
Speaker 1: So that's not that toughly of course, And it's seventy one. No, mcave is like bare feet and tank tops in a place.
Speaker 3: But if you go out the golf club at Tennessee, you probably need to tip it out. It's probably seventy six or seven now.
Speaker 1: When you use the phrase tip it out, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Like as far back as you can go back to your boxes.
Speaker 1: Oh, the backwards I use pro. This is like pro men's women's or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's usually like Champ you know, pro member, you know. Then you get the ladies and of the juniors.
Speaker 1: Do you play past the woman's that you got to play with your pants down, play the peep out?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I haven't played like that. But that might be a new rule implement.
Speaker 1: I think that's like a thing I do.
Speaker 2: You've had to do it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. So hopefully it's a thing, because it's not. I was just doing it. Yeahgiter registers.
Speaker 3: Did ask you to do that? Do what that rule?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, that was in bon Ter.
Speaker 1: That was so there's some weird lot hundred dollars fucked un. I felt bad when I let out one piece. You've let out four pieces.
Speaker 3: I started the day down two fifty. For some odd reason, I was down to fifty and I'm up one fifty.
Speaker 1: I really want to know what happened there. So it was an Amazon card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the year in eighteen when I was there and he went to the.
Speaker 1: Pro Bowl, it was a five hundred dollars gift card to Amazon. OK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he gave it to all the boys on the punt team. Sure, shout out.
Speaker 1: We loved it.
Speaker 3: A lot of boys, Yeah, a lot. I didn't care if you played ten snaps on punt, that's true, or you're like will that played a lot?
Speaker 1: Right? And then in nineteen when I wasn't there and he said the gift card went up to seven to fifty. Wow.
Speaker 2: So I missed out on seven fifty just not being on the times. But there's a two fifty buffer there that I tried to justify by saying, in fairness, when that nineteen team was getting ready for the twenty season, they had to fire. They had to figure it out by watching twenty nineteen filmy.
Speaker 1: Yeah the Boy, the Boy was on it.
Speaker 2: So there's a little bit of responsibility I had in this past year.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't get the full two fifty. See. If anything, no, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't get the full seven to fifty. I didn't get to seven fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm really about to just I might he might get fined again, because seventeen was like way better than eighteen. We actually dipped in eighteen and then came back up to nineteen.
Speaker 2: But was I nineteen or twenty oh? Now it's twenty oh. We dipped when I was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we still I mean, we still did really good.
Speaker 1: Even though you tried to ruin it. Brett still made the Pro Bowls when he's trying well. I think I was like the special teams guy.
Speaker 3: Like the year Yeah, no, I probably have eighteen. We had like three Pro bowl We had the most tackles that you're.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like as far as like the awards that were passed out weekly, I got the most of those, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Game balls.
Speaker 1: I was on the walls. You see gbs. You have some gbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're in high school and you see you like your name like on some plaque a few times.
Speaker 1: Look, it doesn't mean a lot, but it means out to you. Sets we're down in eighteen, they were still great. So if anything, Will should probably owe you a few dollars no, it's okay. Well he actually does.
Speaker 3: Now he does.
Speaker 1: Now I do file Bryce.
Speaker 3: Literally, I'm gonna I'll go by. I'll go take Bryce to Target and we'll get him a sweet Lego said he loves putting Legos together.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, not a joke. I will. I still love putting Legos together.
Speaker 3: I was doing it too, Like when my when my girls get Legos for Christmas, I'm like, hey, do you want day to put that together? No, I'll put it. No, I'll put it together for you, daddy, I'm putting it together. I'm putting together for sure.
Speaker 1: Alone was solid a d D poster child. But if you put a set of Legos in front of me, I'm gone for hours.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I will sit there and I will just do exactly what. I will just do that.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I will just do that. I will just do Legos tailing like three years ago, like right before we had our child, or maybe it was our child was six years old, six months old. That's a solid question. We'll get that same. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh, I tell you, I like to put my hat on the for that. I got tailing U Simpsons Lego set and we put it together and it was so much fun. But I was like two years ago, three years ago, wow, kind of a I don't know what I mean. I'm upset that this story didn't go the way I thought it was gonna go.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, I held back from saying that's a great story. I just held bag. I said, oh, I didn't know where to go from there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Yeah it was a dude. Yeah, it's okay. Wasted everybody, fifteen seconds of the podcast, right, just wasted fifteen seconds. Best emergency putter on the at Titans roster?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So the thing says, doesn't it What would you think is the best emergency punter on the Titans roster?
Speaker 3: I would hope it'd be Bo with the problem is he snaps. But I Bo has taught me how to snap over the years, and I've taught Bow how to punt really and it's worked out like he's getting.
Speaker 1: Bow doesn't Bo's gotta snap the balls.
Speaker 3: I understand that. Yeah, I don't know. Everybody comes up to me and they're like, hey, I can pine. I put it in high school for every everybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you get like a rugby style punt. Yeah, I'll put that thing down thirty forty yards perfect, no work. Do you do you think he'd be the best punter emergency punter. No, I don't because you've seen me kicking a soccer ball.
Speaker 3: Totally totally different things are kicking.
Speaker 1: It's totally different things in kicking, but the lake power and all the same. I mean, I'm a forward, I'm gonna move you pistons kind of guy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember who was a klue.
Speaker 2: Have to be.
Speaker 1: It has to be like a receiver guy like those guys that are good at everything, you know, like our own water down version of Odell Backham. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, whoever that is, I don't even know. If we have a guy like that, that's just well. I could see little allegency U Tannehill could be a really good punter. Probably he's Tannel stress me as one of those guys that's kind of just good at everything, you know, those are always like ping pong.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that too, because always feel like the specialists are kind of sneaky athletic.
Speaker 3: I'm not great at anything, but I feel like, you know, I'm pretty good at golf. I'm prett good shooting basketball.
Speaker 1: You know who's great at everything?
Speaker 3: Trust?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Trust why you should? I'm so we should have set up a pink pong table at the Pro Bowl. Oh yeah, next year we had a ping pong table in the Titans locker room. And then one of the receivers twisted his ankle during training camp.
Speaker 1: That's gone. That little that little little Tykes basketball hoop has really got a lot of work.
Speaker 2: And I bought one of those for it gets a lot of miles on the bought one.
Speaker 3: I bought one same ones in the house. I gotta practice. You take a baske, Yeah, I go take some money from the guys that you know want to play pig and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You take a basketball goal and set in the middle of an NFL locker room. That's going to get more love than doubt anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got three colleges before two weddings. I gotta start someone, no question.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'll tell you what. You could be one of those days who don't pay for anything for the weddings.
Speaker 3: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: You could, actually, there's lots of dads to do that. Yeah, but I got a buddyho's getting married. Did the day's not paying for anything? Does the dad got coin? I don't know if that's that coin, And well I ask questions like that.
Speaker 2: I feel like if they don't have like a whole lot of coin, then they're probably.
Speaker 1: Not gonna help a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Is it maybe because your buddy, like the father in law of the future father in law doesn't like him.
Speaker 1: This guy's a very lovable individual.
Speaker 2: I don't really like we were his daughters on our second marriage, they might to pay for the first one.
Speaker 1: This goes first married, first time getting married. So I'm just saying it happens. I don't know if the DA's at corn or not, but I'm saying, like, uh, like, I know when my daughters get married that that other dad's gonna stare at me and go, I'm not paying for a darn thing.
Speaker 2: Well, they gotta pay for the guys sides gotta pay for something, right, But.
Speaker 1: That feels a little that feels little too traditional for me. I'm not a traditional guy. Well, the guy side gotta pay for the rehearsal dinner. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think it's rehearsal dinner. But like when my son gets married, like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have two daughters, You're gonna have two weddings.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Oh yeah, I know, but I don't. I don't mean I gotta pay for it all the weddings, the dress, the cake, and they're gonna have the food trucks. We're doing it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I could see you being the dad too. That's just gonna like you're gonna give them the best day ever, but also like you're gonna throw your.
Speaker 1: Own kind of party with it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of like that for sure. Well if it's not, do you know, right right, that's got a bit of a deal. I'll tell you what. Speaking of weddings, my boy Will over here is getting married. Congratulations. Will Yeah, asked me to be a groom in his wedding. Very nice of him.
Speaker 3: I would expect that.
Speaker 1: Will asked his friend Nick to be the best man in his wedding. Now and trustway, was he's in my wedding to No, he's not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's invited though, he'll be there. Will Will call me this if you play your cards right?
Speaker 3: When is the wedding next?
Speaker 1: June June twenty six. June twenty six, Big Sky Montana, Montana did a lot of good golf out.
Speaker 3: There would be a nice getaway for the wife and I. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You should invite every single guest we've ever had in the podcast to the wedding. Dude that funny imagine Rich.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's donkey no no, no no no no.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, the S word means poop, that's true, the word means yeah. But I also said the word you guys came to that against six.
Speaker 1: Chuck it up. It's a loose six.
Speaker 3: Bryce is going from like dinky Lego sits Now he's getting into the big boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, the big boars like one hundred and twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: He's like, I got him to Manchester United Stadium. It's three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's like that that's the gift you give when you don't feel like parenting. That was half Hey you hey, hey, go away for half?
Speaker 3: But do you know what I got it?
Speaker 1: Who was that?
Speaker 3: When I found out that schools campus for the year quarantine gift.
Speaker 1: Off off the top. Hey, Brian gave my.
Speaker 3: Son a quarantine gift to say, figure it out.
Speaker 1: How long was he doing that thing? Did he do the whole thing? Well?
Speaker 3: I rationed the bags?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I rash?
Speaker 1: It was such a solid dad move there.
Speaker 3: So there's twenty five bags, all right, because it's thirty eight hundred pieces, So there's twenty five bags. Now, if I let Bryce do it, he would have gotten it done in two days, and he would have been at it for a while each day. So I thought, okay, do I do it to where he gets just two days, right, or you get you get just to day, or I choose and I can ration this out knowing that each bag takes him about twenty to twenty five minutes. So if I divide it, if I let him do two bags a day, that might be about an hour of my time where I can just just kind of lay low while he's doing his thing, off play golf. Well, nothing was happening. Everything's getting canceled, correct. So I rationed it out to a day that urban planning degree really paid off.
Speaker 1: That urban planners pay off his job A twelve he got.
Speaker 3: I got twelve days out of it, twelve almost thirteen days.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's solid that's ultimate parenting myths. Bryce is looking at you right now. I just doing like that slow kid turn.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I mean he was upsetting me because all the dad's out there there there you go tried. He wanted to try to get it done, like I want to see how fast I could put this together. I said, no, no, no, you're gonna do it my way. Oh wow wow, Yeah, we're going to ration this thing out.
Speaker 1: Adolf Kernler over here. Yeah too much, Hey, too much. We'll got that all right, We'll just got that, dude. Man U legos are the best for real. How did it feel to get the punter?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You go ahead?
Speaker 2: How did it feel to get the punt? On New England's one yard line.
Speaker 1: Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. This episode of Us Went the Boys is brought to you byb Boykies. I don't know if you heard lately, but your boy got like multiple personalities, So I might just start singing. I might just give this thing an old song, all right, But Boykie's jerky. This stuff is the most delicious air dried beef called a biltong. I I still don't know if I'm saying that right. I fem kind of weird saying that word. But it's healthier. It's a healthier version of jerkie with thirty percent more protein. I don't even know how they do it. It's probably what they're drawing. They probably use bigger steaks, shrink them down. I'm sure the same amount of protein is still in. I really don't know how raisin steaks work. That's really what jerky is is raisin steaks, all right. It's also compared to like a tender flavor sice of high end persudo, you know them thin slices of meat that's super tender and tasi on them security boards. When you're feeling fancy, that's what that is, all right. That's how they talk. That's how they say, that's what this tastes like. Okay, So if you like being fancy and fit, this is your stuff, all right. It's made in the USA. Obviously, shout out America always free shoutouts on that one with us DA bottom round beef. All right. Well, he stakes pride to making the most portable. Is that portable? Sorry, sometimes you gotta read out these things. It's kind of tough, all right, high protein power snack, all right. I think if each two ounce package. Two ounce package, Taylor, you have to two ounce package. But that's a perfectly seasoned five ounce steak, all right. That's some good stuff. So if you're feeling a little thick in the thighs, all right, you thick in the thighs, Dad, it's Jerry. You feel a little thick in the thawghs. You eat those a little bit more. You feel bad. You feel full, but you feel.
Speaker 2: Bad, all right.
Speaker 1: It small ditch things, all right. Most jackies they will do that for you because they got sugar and stuff. This guy's sugar all right, and have to seve to you. That's Jerry Jeransworth, all right. It's another thing. We got like three personalities in this one ad read all right. You can buy Boyks biltong on their website www dot I don't even know who uses that anymore, but www dot b O I, K E Y S dot com. And you get that piece on Amazon, just like everything else. You get everything on Amazon. But I'll tell what you need to do. If you want some of those boykise you want this ten or fresh fit. You want to feel good all the time and feeling full, which is the best feeling the entire world use busting twenty at the checkout for about twenty percent off your first order. All right, you follow them on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Obviously, E boykis E A T b O I K E y s bake hugs tinys.
Speaker 2: What's been your favorite pun of all time?
Speaker 1: How about that? Like, obviously it feels good to drop this thing on the one yard line? Was this it?
Speaker 3: This could have been it playoff game? Yeah, I mean eighteen seconds pin the goat back there knowing the next play was a pick six and the game was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everyone's still everywhere was still like, oh Tom Brady can still do this in eighteen seconds on the one yard line?
Speaker 1: No time, it's not over. Yeah, I know honestly to myself, it's not over.
Speaker 3: And that punt actually got grated like the worst pro football focused punt. Yeah, well PFF doesn't know what the look they're talking about the whole point and say it.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it, but I we should say it, because I really don't. PFF has no idea.
Speaker 3: Look at that low hang time, you don't want to turn it over because if you turn it over could check up. So how you get that role? So you didn't mean to do this, No, I did. I meant to do it, but it's a really really ugly looking punt. And plus they were bringing nine. We only have eight guys to block, so there's one guy that's free, so Slater was the free guy. You can see you kinta on my feet.
Speaker 1: So this is yeah, when you gotta have.
Speaker 3: It, you're barely mold it gone woo, that's out.
Speaker 2: Wait go back, go back, go back it through.
Speaker 1: Right wing. Could have done a little better there.
Speaker 3: And it's quick so there's no returner back there, so the hangtime direction doesn't.
Speaker 2: It So you meant to kick it low and do the whole role thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then if it gets on the ground, it starts rolling. The clock's gonna keep running, especially there's no returner back there, so you just keep the clock running.
Speaker 1: You're out there playing chess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a very impressive pot check me.
Speaker 1: I would like I would have liked to see a big selling after that, though.
Speaker 3: I think I did a it's pump he said big selling.
Speaker 1: How big selling? That fist pump to me is like you might as well have done nothing.
Speaker 2: Well then, and then the other part is you got the bag of jersey on in this loose sleeves like I me, you gotta come.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's fix that this year. Let's go tier sleeves like I do. Why I can't do it because it's hugs you too tighty with here?
Speaker 3: No, No, not at all. No, I can't. I need I need to feel like it's why quarterbacks do it, so your arm like when I'm molding the ball, dropping the ball, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Feel, want to feel anything on there?
Speaker 3: I don't feel.
Speaker 1: I have a question, why go ahead, will.
Speaker 2: Why can't we get better face masks for kickers and punters, Like why do you continue to do that to yourself?
Speaker 3: I think mine's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at it.
Speaker 3: I want it to be open so I can see, so I can see the ball.
Speaker 1: You need a bar right down the middle face mask, I'd get, I mean two bar, one right down.
Speaker 3: Look Google, let's see how you google this one. So you look at that. That's a good picture right there in the white, right in the middle of the screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 3: Joey, Joey. Our equipment guy does a great job of He actually cuts it. He cuts a bar out of it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'll have to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that is better than most. I truly don't understand, Like why you guys need so much space? Like the entire game, the entire game of football is about the ball and catching it and everything else. So it's like, okay, you guys got your one thing. Where you got it's sight. It's just sight lines. Like when I mold it, I can see the ball perfectly. If I had another bar, I don't want to line crossing where the ball is. So like, why don't receivers that's uh, that's Seattle. Why don't receivers and dbs and.
Speaker 1: A little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't have lacens.
Speaker 2: Like, can we get advisor on you? See?
Speaker 3: That's a good I mean, that is a good picture right there, that's a good pictures picture.
Speaker 1: Can we get advisor on you?
Speaker 3: I tried to do it a couple of years ago, and I think that was Rabel's first year, and I think I got I got a big head.
Speaker 1: No, No, who would say no to stern of Vrabel? For sure? Rabel would say no to a putter having a Probably did he did he tell you? No?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I mean he was like why. I was like, you know, I'm just having some fun. It's OTA's off season with try and experiment. See what I look like with advisor.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a lot of looks thinking like this is a joke, and I'm this is I'm kind of serious about this, and so I took it off pure pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who got a lot of you? So you put a visor on and Rabel goes now? Or did John go No?
Speaker 3: I don't think John was out there when I did it, and Rabel goes now. I think I just got like a look of h from Rabel.
Speaker 1: And do you think that's in your head? Because I feel like I.
Speaker 3: It was Rabel's first year too, so like I've been through a lot of coaches here, which which when you talk about that first question, that's probably my proudest is being able to be here for going on year twelve here with all the head coaches that we've had.
Speaker 2: Oh, when I asked about the Pro Bowl versusll profane, which I guess you didn't really answer that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well there you go, there you gore's your answer. Just just being here for a long time with the different coaching changes that we've had because it's hard, you know. It's like coaching changes are hard. The guy's coming in, he doesn't know you. I was O for one in Denver. I had Shane him my rookie year, and then Medenas comes in, I'm gone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just like that, that's crazy. How long have you been with ACU?
Speaker 3: Is what you're four?
Speaker 1: Ox Sun.
Speaker 3: He is a stud.
Speaker 1: He's funny too.
Speaker 3: He is funny.
Speaker 1: F Whenne doesn't drop those balls in front of Price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even when he missed, he's funny because he understands what he misses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can, like he can make fun of himself. That's the key. So you're a special teams especially punter, kicker, snapper, like you got to be able to make fun of yourself definitely, because you're not really considered like I was the only guy. I was the only guy that raised my hand in high school who wants to punt and kick.
Speaker 1: We thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: I'll do it loser for sure, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: Three Pro Bowls, twelve year career. Yeah, golf simulator, Peloton Peloton three lego set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it went down in fifty dollars, which kind of upsets me. But it's Okay, they got you on that court. They knew all right, everyone's be quarantined. Let's hype these prices up on these legos. Now that people are out being able to shop a little bit more, you're coming, um a little bit more now, drop fifty bucks, fifty bucks. Yeah. The Will's got it covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Will and Taylor about to pay for the whole thing now.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Because of our attitudes and our poor mouth.
Speaker 3: You can venmo.
Speaker 1: It's been our best probably less cursing. Pod here is gonna be conscious of it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what reading a room is important for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't do that very well.
Speaker 1: I think we do sometimes or most of the time we do it. Sometimes sometimes we don't do it as well. Sometimes we're in a room with people and we do say a lot of things that we probably should. What are we What are you thinking about right now? In most situations, I'm not gonna say I'm out loud here, I know, but now you got me curious. I'll tell you what though, is Nick doing your best man's speech? And should I do this speech?
Speaker 2: You to? You guys will probably both have speeches. Really you had you guys had people talking the entire day before the wedding.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait for Nick to mess it up. And I'm gonna tell him too. I'm gonna put so much. I'm gonna just put so much pressure on him. Do you understand how big of a dealerst is being the best man? Do you understand what's gonna happen? He'll be He'll be solid. Does he know out?
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, does he know the pressures? You can't look at a best man speed off your phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, will stare you down?
Speaker 3: If he does that? Taylor just stand up, put him on the shoulder. Oh, he's gonna look at me.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be like, because I didn't hold I didn't hold the phone. It is at his wedding, you know what I mean. I gave the I gave the people something. Dude, good did you I did? No?
Speaker 1: I really did. I love it.
Speaker 2: I actually felt bad because the maid of honor who had to follow me legitimately had to like read off the phone I'm big, I'm big wedding. And when I did it, I like, I I put the mic down and I said good luck, like joking. And I feel like that put a lot of undue pressure on her and then she had and then afterwards.
Speaker 3: Was the wedding party?
Speaker 1: Like was the wedding? I think like one bad? See that sounds like a lot between a lot, Yeah, but it can be a lot.
Speaker 3: I to bet your wedding.
Speaker 1: I'll fish.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Two to three d M.
Speaker 3: I can't had money, Charles, Dad better.
Speaker 2: Be ready, Charles get me and trying to narrow it. I don't want fifty but it's too hard for me.
Speaker 3: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: It's too hard for me.
Speaker 2: I can't think like now, I've already thought, yeah, I want to invite Brett.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I meant to you actually have to invite Brett because it'd be inappropriate if we've talked about it, and then you don't do it. I know now, And that's what usually happens on like the day to day, I find somehow Oh I gotta add them. I'll tell you what one of my biggest regrets, like my wedding pity invite or I.
Speaker 2: Can see how you're taking it that way.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know what goes on in my head.
Speaker 3: Hey, look I'll take it. I'll take I'll go to a wedding in big sky.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But it's genuine when I think, oh, I gotta invite Brett, not because I feel like I have to, not because I invite Tress.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I get it, trusted your boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as it's understood, it's all good.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number two is a great spot.
Speaker 3: It's a free country, allowed to pick who your friends are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I'll see what my biggest regret of my my biggest grets to my wedding do you twice? Actually the last minute and a half, I looked at the clock. Graham Glasgow, great friend of mine. Should have made him a grooms me in my wedding and I didn't do it. I have to see that out loud, so Graham doesn't said it publicly? Now should Grandma? Should have done it? Graham? When do you start rolling this pot in? It's over?
Speaker 2: I have to leave, okay, Oh yeah, yeah you do. You gotta you got a heart three thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I got it. Yeah. Hey, Brett, thank you for coming on this podcast. Appreciate you did. We hit everything. Oh your haw story you want to hit everything.
Speaker 3: Was the longest tenured Titan employee fired.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: All right? So you know how like when when Nashville hosts those EPL teams come over and they like scrimmage each other, blah blah blah over at Nissan. So they came over. They were this is in training camp, training camp. If I have to be on the field twenty minutes, I'm on the field twenty minutes, I go inside cold tub, whatever I do, workout, get off the field. If we know what you gotta do, Yeah, yeah, I do, all Ton, Yeah yeah. So these guys were at practice and they gave Ryan and I a soccer ball. So we were done with our special team's part. We came back in and Bo was like, dude, I'm the goalie. Try to get it past me in the locker room. Okay, so you know where our lockers are, right, Yeah, So I set it up like a PK. I'm thinking like maybe twenty five thirty feet.
Speaker 1: Now, hass you have the door.
Speaker 3: Back to the equipment room that was shut.
Speaker 1: But that was the goal.
Speaker 3: Now you know next to that small door, Yeah, that was the goal. So next to Haws's the door is Hass's big window. How big is that window? Probably six by six?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know hass Avid moonshine collector has all his moonshines up against that window, right right, first shot I take, I blasted bo does the old ola hits the glass, knocks off the top. I hit it so hard that it hit the glass, and it knocks off the two top moonshine canisters. All you see is you see the top two slowly go down, and you see him explode on his computer. Now, so I know the code to get back there because I'm a part time equipment manager.
Speaker 1: Fair right, I found out the side note. I found out the code there for that one time. Told Joy. I found out two days later they changed it.
Speaker 3: Yep, you never tell them, right, Okay, So I've been mistaken for an equipment manager multiple times.
Speaker 1: So of course the door is locked.
Speaker 3: Right. Do you not think this story a great story? The doors locked?
Speaker 1: Ahead? Silence it.
Speaker 3: Okay, the door's locked. I go to punch in the code. What do they do? They changed it? Oh my, So now there's still forty five minutes after practice, and you look through the window and there's just moonshine all over the computer keyboard dripping.
Speaker 1: Down onto the car. Is it clear moonshine or dark moonshine? It's clear, but it's not There's a lot of sugar in that one. Yeah, but still was very.
Speaker 3: All the different. I think I knocked over the peach cobbler in the blueberry whatever. So finally practice is over with, I'm like, haas I knocked over your moonshine. He you know, Hoss goes into his telecter. I was scared. I thought this like, I was gonna have to stay by it.
Speaker 1: When you start hearing everybody coming in the building, you're like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it so walking? Once you see how we're going for a second, he goes into his office. It reeks because it had been forty five minutes. It reeks the moonshine. Who's the next person that comes into his office five minutes later after that happened? John Robinson, No way, what hass? What on earth are you get?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Were you drinking during practice? Like totally went off on him. Oh my god, no way, Yeah, And I had to explain, Look, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: So you had to step in the conversation.
Speaker 3: I had to step in the car station.
Speaker 1: I was like, look, if you like Hass, you could have easily just put the turn around. But actually, Brett.
Speaker 2: Asked, was probably pissed off. You know, can get Roland.
Speaker 1: Dude, if Hass, if if you sneeze in Hass's direction, he's mad for three days. You know, his voice is so funny.
Speaker 3: So they spent you know, they had to call in the cleaning crew, they had to get out of the carpet, they had to get him a new keyboard. Moon shines down a different spot. But I mean, I mean, what did what.
Speaker 1: Did John say to you?
Speaker 3: Once?
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, it was me.
Speaker 2: We were playing soccer during practice in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Yea, and I decided it was a good idea to blast the soccer ball at my friend. Knowing that I'm a professional person that kicks things for a living.
Speaker 3: I haven't made I haven't made great decisions in that locker room. I've put a dent in the door playing golf. Uh you know, I've just you know how many ceiling tiles I've knocked out. Just I'm not going to see myself who hasn't. Well, then you do better job.
Speaker 1: Something about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put a dently door. Those doors had to get replaced.
Speaker 1: He shout out, hoss Man, Yeah has definite is mouse on this podcast, shout out he's not having a Tier three guy.
Speaker 2: But I bet we clipped this story and it might be passed around a hoss might see it like going on social media.
Speaker 3: I mean I literally felt when that was going down and I saw how upset people were. My heart was pounding because I'm like, this could be it not based on my performance on the field of why I get cut, but because I made a bad decision to blasting the soccer ball the glass window and knocking.
Speaker 1: Over the movie. Did you actually think you'd get cut for that?
Speaker 3: When you've been cut before, you feel like you can get cut for anything. I'll tell you, I don't want to feel that pain. Is that true? Is that true you feel like if you've been cut.
Speaker 2: Before, Yeah, it's not like so it's like you're just nervous. You can just be nervous all the time unless you feel good at a spot.
Speaker 3: Because mine, mine came out of left field, like mine, I was actually I felt like I was playing well. We were six and O we're off your great start and then all of a sudden, my playbook's not at my locker, and I'm like, oh, they just forgot the Punters playbook. And then a guy comes over from the equip manager and he's like, uh, it's like, hey, here's your trash bag, like for what? Like oh so and so does and came and got you. Oh shoot, no way. Yeah, And the general manager didn't even know I got cut. I'm walking out with a trash bag because I try to take everything I possibly could, right everything. And I was walking out and was like, where you going? I just got cut because McDaniel's had roster control. When I get cut from the Titans, there's two things I'm taking. You gotta retire a Titan.
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, after the whole drel casey thing, do I feel like no one's that scares you a little bit, that scares you, that rattled the boy a little bit, I'll be honest. I thought, Okay, well.
Speaker 3: We're rooking for you right now. It's the business tiring a Titan. It's the business, and it's scary, and it really it always puts things into perspective.
Speaker 1: It does. But when I get cut from the Titans, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think you'll ever actually get cut. If you did, it would be like I woueel like you so understood that it could be like a financial move that you won't legitimately like hey, you didn't make the team. Whatever ever happens, it'll be personal for me for sure.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt. Whatever if the Tights do you ever cut me. I promised that anybody listening, if you think a one of what's going through tates head right now, a dude, we'll take it so personal. I will probably never come back to Nashville, and I love Nashville. I'm building a house here hashtag no bad days zero zero. But if they ever do cut me, I'm taking two things. Looks like it's time for another ad from Bustling with the Boys. Listen, here's the deal. This one gets a little close to home for me because Georgia boot not only looks phenomenal and looks great whether I'm working hard or I'm partying with the boys. Your boy can't even walk right now, I'm staring at my grimy ass toes looking like looking like like a weird fish. Dude. I got like it's I got still got black and blue tost from the season. I having a healed up nothing, dude, but Georgia boot. Listen to the most comfortable boot there is, all right. They've been working hard for eighty years, all right. That's older than me by like a lot. All right, so that's a bit of a deal. George has been working. They work as hard as you do. That's why you can know and respect them. They got everything you need. They got every single kind of shoe you need, all right, whether you need a waterproof boot, steel toe, soft ose, square toe, you a met gard, non puncture shank, non slip soul, they've got it, all right. And those are just a couple off the top, a couple of little pieces that flutter in my head. They've got all of those things. But you can wear them. You can go to a job site, do whatever you're doing. Wear those things, crush it, and then hey, guess what the boys are going on. We're trying to pick up We're trying to pick up a couple honeys. You might have to change your pants, you might have change your shirt, but you damn sure don't have to change your boots. And that is what we're doing for you at Busting with the boys. All right, simple, head over, pull your phone out, whatever you gotta do, georgiaboot dot com. Use the code busting for twenty percent off b U s SI N all right, Georgia like the state. Please God, know how to spell that, not do the thing in the text or you say it out loud boot bot. Don't know why I didn't spell out Georgia, but I spelled out boot dot com. Georgia boot dot com. All right, use busting twenty percent off all those little things. I filayd at you real quick. All those things are on the menu and you can get them all, dude, for twenty percent off. Oh that's a fifth and that's a little bit math for you boys right there. Enjoy the rest of the show, you beautiful little, beautiful motherfuckers. There was a football card in my locker the day I got to the Titans, and I'm I've kept that card stuck up. Forget what the guy's name was, but he is a phenomenal could a sack, balting spot and a great mustache. I will say it was unbelievable, and I'm taking my beaver. Those are the only two things will take for sure. And everything else. This was on a sandwich, dude, take him a leave them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well everything in your locker you'll get so Nope, you don't have to worry.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it. Oh you're hey, I only want the card. I'll take the card. I'll go to my I'll go to my car and I'll pluck it off because I tape it up, retape every year, and I'll go go my beaver. I was gonna say, and I'm walking out, that's it, And I'm gonna Nope, that's not a friend. No, I think I'm just seen a go you know me.
Speaker 2: For as long as if it was silent Taylor walked through, he'd probably come back. Oh you guys are just gonna let me leave.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would lose my mind almost. I just saved it the six hundred dollars. Sorry, Brice, not today. Do you remember when that guy got cut? We have to end this podcast, and I really, I really you have to leave. But do you remember thing?
Speaker 2: What are you about to tell another story?
Speaker 1: Well, there's this guy who got cat. Do you remember when some kid got cut from the Titans and he went and pissed in the sauna rocks and for like months it pissed it smelled like piss, like hot piss. What they almost say it. But that's that's the kind of scene I'm making.
Speaker 2: You go pissing the sauna.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't do something worse if it's off season.
Speaker 1: If it's the off season.
Speaker 3: So you gotta be careful though, because if it's off season, they're going to block out your code real quick. But you know how to get in. You want to get in, Yeah, I'll let you in.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: You'll be an actual equipment guy at that time. Probably it'd be awesome. All right, podcast is over. I believe we're.
Speaker 2: Dving guys, gals, people of all ages. Appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting with the Boys. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, podcast, Spotify, whatever platform you're on.
Speaker 1: We're on there.
Speaker 2: We have a YouTube channel, Bustle with the Boys. We would love if you subscribe there as well. If you are subscribed and you want to be a more for the boys, unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again, it sounds funny and stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts because again, we're very organic, you guys. Where we're at it because of you guys, So we like to keep it fucking organic and just from us, dude to us versus the world.
Speaker 1: But we really do.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate your guys and support. A few of you had questions about merchandise. You can go Our merchandise store is on barstool sports dot com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Busting with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We restart constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys buy the gear, shout us out. We really do love when you guys talk back to us, add us, mention us, put us on your stories, tag us all that fun stuff. We like grabbing that stuff and putting in on our YouTube episodes, and again, we just love it.
Speaker 1: Man. We love you guys. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Keep being for the fucking boys, Keep being a wolf. The biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kisses. We love you, We appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of Busting with the Boys.