Speaker 1: So fun.
Speaker 2: From a great Onekend Episode two oh six.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in the football season is over, but it doesn't mean we're going to stop rooting for our favorite team. That team is Chevy and it's star franchise player. This Silverado a truck with unstoppable grit and unstoppable determination. According to JD Power, Chevy has earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand, and that is serious hardware. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Silverado as strong and dependable as people who drive them. For more information on JD Power, go to jdpower dot com slash Awards. Well on that one, Let's go tell me singing him down, Dude, you read something enough, you fucking learn it, Boys, says PG thirteen. So maybe bleep out Will's f ward and I think I might have had six of them in there. I'm not sure, dude, Will I wont kind of blacked out for a second. Boys, We are stoked to have you on. Stoke to have you on this podcast. I know you're super excited to hear about Fred Warner. Listener, Fred Warner, captain of that forty nine ers defense, just the heart and soul of the boys on the other breaks my heart that I was I know, dude, and it was so fucking good. Of all the episodes we did, I was the one I wanted you on the most because I couldn't wait to see two potential Hall of Fame linebackers talkball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm really bummed. I DMed him and talking about how sad I was about it. I was like, we'd love to get you out to Nashville at some point. Do another one get on the bus for real, because I would. I would love to get in the mind of Fred Warner because he's the best linebacker in the league.
Speaker 1: Do you think so? I think so? Yeah? Is it close? Because in my head? Who else is there? It's not close?
Speaker 3: Mitch mitchha, it was like the most confident.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: This was Mitch's. This was Mitch shaking his head. No, He's like, is it close to? Mitch was like, like, what are you talking about? Like there's just nothing but scrubs out there. There's a lot of cats, bro no, no, no's who bring up a list. You're not gonna put me on the spot, and mostly from Kansas City. That I spelt his name wrong. During the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Willie Gay No Bolden, Bolden, he's Bolden, he's young bold but.
Speaker 3: Brother Guy and Bobby Wagner he's older. Michael Parsons older, he's still But you're like, is it even closer when you go Leavonte David Leavonte, David the Mario Davis.
Speaker 5: I think Fred and Warner's head and shoulders above all old.
Speaker 1: Boy from the Colts Darius Leonard. Yeah, and that is quick.
Speaker 2: You forget that, don't get me wrong. I just think close, not particularly. I think Fred's the best linebackers. Would you play in uh at your college wide receiver? Wide receiver?
Speaker 1: You played wide receiver and you knew going into it you were white. You didn't think maybe I should switch that up a little bit.
Speaker 5: What else am I going to play?
Speaker 1: I don't know them? Calves O line linebacker.
Speaker 3: Line He does have a friend, could be like, you have a frame like a linebacker.
Speaker 1: This whole time until just now, I truly thought he was a linebacker. I got a good you got a good build on you make we all we all said if we all did steroids, I think you'd have the best body. Remember no oh, I did say Jack head aesthetically. Aesthetically like from like a rip standpoint jack, from like a build, like, oh, that guy's fucking he's fucking that dude that'd probably be built like a tight end.
Speaker 5: But okay, like I'm big like that, but like you.
Speaker 1: Got that heavy head, you get that blockhead he does. You got a blockhead. Yeah, but he's got that coming out of birth sat but reeling it, yeah, you know, you got that fucking You've made a lot of spills when you were younger and just wiped hey, yourself off and kept going. Take a moment of silence for your mother, God bless her for from P to from P to B. Thank you hey, but just to reel it all back in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's a lot of like really good fucking linebackers in the league. But and the it's not Fred's not in the league of his own, but he is in my opinion, I think he's the best linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, but there's a lot of good ones out there that can make a good argument. Michael Parsons is a dude that I look at as a linebacker, but he's also more of an edge guy now, he's more of a past rushing thing. Is he at Penn State? He was an off the ball linebacker, right that just Blake he was, Yeah, talk about an absolute free talk about a league of his own. Michael Parsons brother stud. Every off the.
Speaker 3: Ball linebacker would love they have to have Michael Parson's ability because in that pass rush ability, that's where you get big dollars.
Speaker 1: Brother. When in twenty twenty one, when we were playing the Bengals in the playoff game fifty seven, I can't remember his name. I apologize. I know he watches the show Comes on the Ball and they were running like a like a five man front, essentially a jam front, and we were running at him and he was taking on blocks horribly. It was it was a great feeling for me. And after like the third or fourth one, because you know, we run a lot of consistently the same thing, uh the main prep when we were a lot of run a lot of the same plays, especially when things are going well, and we kept running and I kept I kept base blocking him and after the third one, he's like, man, fuck this shit looks at the sideline, fucking take me off the ball. I'm not on the ball.
Speaker 3: He's he's a good backer, by the way. But yeah, it's like when you get in them systems and them coordinators want to like get get a little but doing those five man in front. Hey, hey, well when we say you're gonna go to the line of scrimmage and I'm thinking, there's zero ability in this body everything get on the ball, you know what I mean. You know there was one time that in practice where I came on the came on the ball against you. I mean, I got the sack. But don't laugh like that, dude. You don't like that laugh. That's a genuine left. That's when you know it's a genuine least.
Speaker 1: A genuine left. Dude. I do do this thing where I kind of like quietly laugh at his Malthobin. Yeah, you like the new teeth. Fucking love him, dude. How's it being getting on the like? I think the more reps I get speaking, the better I feel. But you heard when I said speaking you felt that little at the end or the like in the middle speaking speaking, I do have a little bit of difficulty that I was at the combine. We will get into that. That was a blast always to be around rich eyes. And but the reason why the Bengals were in that five man front is because of King Henry and unfortunately or maybe fortunately for Derek. I don't know. The Titans seem like they are now shopping and there's some Tennessee Titan drama going on right now.
Speaker 3: You got the rumors of Dereck Henry being shopped and Jeffrey Simmons he's playing the old AJ Brown Car where he's deleting everything on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah we know how that worked really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there is so there's some drama around Tennessee right now, like drama. I just think, like headlines, people are making this stuff up. My personal opinion. If I zoom out, I'm fully objective. I'm playing armchair GM. I think the right move would be to shop Dereck Henry. I told you that before. Yeah you have, just because I think that the tread that's on. You look at a running back overall, you want to trade it. If you're gonna deal somebody, you want to deal them like while they're still hot. Like it's up to the GM to think, how many years do we think we have left with their Henry? You have a decimated O line. Do you think Derek's really gonna continue to perform. If we don't have an entire o line in front. We might need pieces, we might need picks, we might need multiple players, and we could potentially deal Derrick Henry. Who everyone, It's not that anybody sitting up there being like, oh, he's not good. It's just like, hey, we got to look at building the roster. We have a lot of holes. Derek might be a piece of move. It's you know, it's you know, the whole phrase, like it's nothing personal at all.
Speaker 1: Like I think they're just trying to objectively.
Speaker 3: View if that is true, If that rumor's true, Yeah, I forget where I saw it. I think it was, uh, I don't want to Butcher's name, Don Cleman, Dove Climbing, shout out the boy Dove Climbing.
Speaker 1: I don't know who Dove Cleimban is. He was the one where I dropped that. The tweet in the chat gotcha or put out. Rumor is that the titles are shopping Derrick Henry. Going back to what you're saying, like I think Derek is this offseason, there's a lot more chatter around what do the Titans do with Derek? I think that has to do a lot with the player of the old line. Last year, the old line did not well. Derek is a guy that we've always known has to get in his fourth or fifth step before and before he gets the line of scrimmage to really make those big time moves and get those home run balls. Because I get injured. Dennis Seely had a rough season. We had a rookie right tackle, Ben Jones was dealing with injuries. Nate Davis was dealing with injuries. Aaron Brewer rock solid, rock solid about playing every single game. So to be honest, like it is, I think people are looking at Derek's like, hey, has he lost the step? Derek ran for what sixteen hundred yards? Fifteen hundred yards with an old line that was pieced together on a week to week basis. So if the Titans are shape shopping Derek Henry, whoever gets Dererick Henry, you got a fucking stud on your hands, boys, an absolute stud on your hands. I hope if they are trading him that hopefully this is something that Derek wants. I don't know. I don't ask him those type of questions. I just hope whatever happens with Derek is what Derek wants to happen to Derek. I love Derek. That's why. That's why I'm getting that here. I love that man.
Speaker 3: As far as Jeffrey Simmons goes, I mean, if he was like when we had Derek gone, he seems to have that perspective head on his shoulders where he understands that he understands the business.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He doesn't trust any move that gets made.
Speaker 3: Like when we were talking about You're like, oh, I think I'm gonna get cut in the two weeks, and he was like, you know, he kind of said, what are you talking about? He's like, man, I don't even know what's gonna happen to me. I think he does have like he's been around it. He understand how the business works, the business side of everything works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Derek does have a very aware understanding of how the NFL business works. I hope.
Speaker 3: And again I'm not saying like he's I'm not saying that they should or anything.
Speaker 1: I can definitely just see that perspective.
Speaker 3: If I'm sitting there, I personally like, if I was the gym, I think you want to weigh every option out there. It's like, Yo, what could we potentially get out of Derrick Henry because he is fucking King Henry for a reason.
Speaker 1: And if some team out there is obsessed.
Speaker 3: With him and would give up pick, if they would give up a couple of picks, a couple of players, depending on if they fill your knees, it's like, why not talk up? You know?
Speaker 1: The interesting thing with the Titans is it seems like the teams that have had major success in recent years have really played through the free agency game more than the draft, Like Kansas City. As successful as they've been, they've had very late round picks the last five years, so the late first round picks, that thirty first, thirty second, like in that range. And so they've been kind of dealing, moving around, getting guys, grabbing Juju Smith and those step of dudes, the Rams who won, they built their entire team through free agency. They said, picks, man, fuck those picks. I'd rather get a guy for a second round pick that I know can play ball in the league and is going to be productive for us. Interesting route that Titans seemed to be going in this type of situation. Let's see how it works out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're trade, like trading guys to get who who's the corner that they ended up getting from the Saints.
Speaker 1: Johnson. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: They were going all in on this year and obviously they made it all the way to the super Bowl, but they were kind of taking that approach on.
Speaker 1: Draft. They were a few years ago. I have to develop type dude.
Speaker 3: They think when they drafted Jalen Ever, they were under fire about you know, are they really moving on from Carson Wentz.
Speaker 1: He was just an MVP candidate a year or two ago. YadA YadA dah.
Speaker 3: They took a lot of heat for that, and obviously you've seen how it panned out playing the longer game building through the draft, right.
Speaker 1: But the issue when you're playing the longer game is what is the patience of the owner. The patience of the owner is not good, then you're not going to have that three four years to really prove and develop your team and get the guys you want in there. That's a tough that's a tough deal. Now, some to think about Mike Rabels thought process. What if he's thinking to himself and this is the we're all We're just we're playing like you said. Armchair GM armchair head coach if he's thinking, I'm not gonna have the team I've had in past years. I've had to get rid of, get rid of a lot of veterans. Ben Jon's might retiring. We let go of Aryl Lawan. Now we're shopping Jeffrey Simmons. We're shopping. Uh, you're not getting Jeffrey Simmons. But Jeffer Simons seems like, you know, he's doing the A J. Brown technic will see all that unfolds. It seems like they're shopping Derek Henry. The whole world's asking what's gonna happen with Ryan Tannehilly Baby Rabes is maybe doing a little uh cya, and he's like, hey, maybe if I get these guys out of here, show the draft capitol we're about to get in. Gives him a couple of years. Cuz if you have King Henry, if you have Jeffrey Simmons, and you're putting out shekels the way you have to for those two gentlemen, and you're not winning games. You need to win games. We know the reality of the NFL. The reality the NFL is is that Amy will look at it and say, hey, you're not producing the way you have been. It's time to move on and try to get to the next step again. Mike Rabe, I've said at once to say, a thousand times top five coach in the NFL Top five. Now there's a couple of things we've talked about, the work on, but he's still a stud. Yeah, No, he's all stud.
Speaker 3: I think ultimately, like the culture that he builds in the formula that the Titans have had in success, I think you look at that and think, number one, you need we definitely need depth. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like at this point you're destimating, You're getting a rid of a lot of guys. You see, not necessarily like rebuild, but from the outside looking in, it's like all the Titans are looking at going through like a rebuilding process, like getting new guys in because you need depth.
Speaker 1: And I think the.
Speaker 3: Cold sure that v Abel ultimately pieces together in the formula that the Titans used to win, you might need a little bit more capital to do that, and you might have to. You know, you're cutting guys, you're freeing up cap space, and you're trying to like put together a full product, and not just a full product, but even death below that because right now the Titans.
Speaker 1: Need a lot. Could you imagine Derek Henry on the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Or the Bills. I don't see him on the Bills. Like Bills living, but.
Speaker 1: They don't sleep. The Titans win a lot of eleven personnel too, Yeah, but not like the Bills. No, no, no, no, Bills are not on the ball. A shipload, shipload a shipload in the What do you think is that?
Speaker 6: What do you think is ask is what do you trade for that?
Speaker 1: Derek? I have absolutely zero clue.
Speaker 3: This is where that's where we don't know. This is where my jurisdiction runs out. Like I'm just thinking, like I can understand them wanting to shop Derek, Like I'm sure everybody's going to be spassy about it, but at the end of the day, you got to look at his age and everything else and just you have to play that game on what's best for the future of the organization and if we can get more pieces for letting go arguably the rest the best running back we've had in our entire franchise. Like those are the hard decisions that you ultimately have to make when you're in the shoes of ram and coach Raves.
Speaker 1: And when you're a new offensive coordinator like Tim Kelly is, you don't know the offense is going to be somewhat similar, but there might be different play calls. They might be trying to air it out a little bit more. They might be trying to shop Derek Henry to get that quarterback that they want long term love Ryan Tannehill. I don't know. These are all the questions that are going around circuiting at this time of the year. And let's let's not overstate the fact that people overthink everything this time of year. This is when everything is micromanaged, overlooked, at, peaked, dissected too much.
Speaker 3: So it's fantasy football time. It's fantasy football time, right, We're all playing that. Yeah, you know, there are so many levels of chess in the NFL that everyone's playing a different game. Mike's playing a different game than ran Ram's playing a different game than Mike. They're playing also a game together, but everyone's also looking at longevity for themselves, where they can stay, where they can have the best success and look the best. Like there's a lot of ego that plays in the NFL. A lot of people.
Speaker 1: About the Jeff Simmons, the Jeff Simmons stuff. You think you pay big Jeff You like, if you think he can win now, yeah, absolutely, But if you don't, if you're going the routey you just talked about, then you just gonna get his I don't We've said, we've said it before. I don't know Iff's gonna get Aaron Donald money because Aaron Donald is that he's that unicorn that we all kind of seen, like no one's really doing it like him or has done it like him.
Speaker 3: Can you bring up can you bring up the top paid that was? I think like sports track or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And I think we kind of settled around twenty three to twenty five million right in between there, because I know Donald's up towards like twenty nine to thirty million. I have maybe even thirty two eight. So that's his ap y is thirty one point six sixty six probably next number.
Speaker 3: Little guy. It goes from Aaron Donald at thirty one point six down to DeForest Buckner at twenty one million a year.
Speaker 1: Now take Aaron Donald out of the picture. Now you're looking more Jeffrey Simmons will reset the market. Aside from Aaron Donald I'm sure Jeffrey wants to reset the market entirely.
Speaker 3: I don't know, do you know how there's a player you're like, we might say remove Aaron Donald, but that their agency and everything else. They're not like, that's like, oh he Aaron Donald reset the market for Detac now, And yeah, you're trying to get exactly you're trying to get more money or close to that. Whether or not we think that that's realistic or whatever is you're obviously up for everybody to debate. But at the end of the day, that's players are trying to reset the market to establish more and obviously selfishly like get the bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely plays into what we were talking about, Like that parts out of our jurisdiction. But if I if you're his agent, like you said, you're saying thirty one is the floor, buddy, you're trying that's what you're trying to base. You're a stud. You're you're a arguably top three d tackle in the entire NFL at a young age. You those top three guys right there, all studs, all way older than jeff So that's what you're looking at to You're like, I got a young guy in his prime. We can pay him this money. You find the team with the best draft, uh, with the best financial capital to make that happen. You're looking in a good situation there. Yeah, but you want to give Jeff. You got to give that first round pick plus, Like he is that type of dude that you got to give a first round pick to get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think you got to pay Jeff. I think he's a cornerstone. I think he's in the trenches.
Speaker 1: He's violent. We all know how Rabes loves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's nasty, he's violent, he finishes. The dude is all effort. He plays injured, He does all of the stuff that you want in a player. And he's a fucking stuff a dog. He's an absolute dog. Gets pressure and when you get that internal pressure too, and you got the quarterback moving in the bikey like, Jeff is everything number one. We all obviously everybody knows that Vrabe loves him, but Jeff is He's somebody you look to, like, you know, build a franchise around, not like the singular person, but he is a piece and you're like, yo, we want this fucking freaking nature up front to build the defense around because you got running hill linebackers all day, and like I know David Long, they're gonna be looking at paying Hopefully the boy David Long gets paid as well, because he's a nasty player too. But you need guys like Jeff, Like you got a building in the trenches, and I think Jeff, it's like he's he's one of the best, if not the best defensive tackle in the game right now. Yeah, absolutely, Derek Carr goes to the Saints. The boy got number one. Hey, Derek Carr going to the Saints.
Speaker 1: We got his contract. Look at that, dude. That is oh yeah, what I wonder what he did? So yeah, because here's what happened with Derek Carr when he was at the Raiders when they were trying to trade him. The Saints were obviously interested. At that time, they were trying to finalize a deal with the Saints the Saints. Allegedly what I heard is he wanted to take a pay cut, or the Saints wanted him to take a pay cut. Derek Carr said no, and then so the deal did not get done. He decided to go test free agency, ends up on the Saints. Once again. Do we know the contract the five year contract.
Speaker 3: I would assume it'd be on Twitter Adam Schefter, Ian Rappaport would have already.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But a lot of times when these when these deals get done, they're not finite, like, well, no, he's got to fly there now.
Speaker 3: Ian one hundred and fifty million dollars deal years one hundred and fifty million with one hundred million in total guarantees, gets seventy million, effectively fully guaranteed sixty million at signing, another ten in year three, vesting after year one. Car structures this deal to accommodate Saints' cap issues. Shout out the sign that's a fat signing bonusw that is pretty outstandings. Diif a boy per year is what it looks like the average the boy, I think so, I mean, well, we're going to take the NFC.
Speaker 1: Number one, number one quarterback in that division. I was going to say NFC South.
Speaker 3: Now the Saints have now established a third team that has a quarterback, because the other teams that's basically the question mark on the NFC South, nobody has a quarterback. I think the Saints now elevate to the team to beat in the NFC South based on the stair car signing because you got a lot of good pieces still on defense vets, but good veteran leadership. That organization is awesome. Their facilities are nice. Now they could work on their cafeteria in their lunch room. But other than that, well run organization. I love the people there and the players that are still there. It's well like it's a player ran police locker room. I'm talking high accountability. I'm not talking players do whatever they want. I'm talking Cam Jordan Tomorrio Davis. I would assume Tyron Matthew. But those dudes are fucking leaders leaders. So he's going into a good situation.
Speaker 1: And don't see but Odell Beckham junior guy went to LSU, he's from Louisiana. Get a good quarterback like their car. Maybe he wants to take a friendly deal. Odell's Odell is an elite athlete based in a couple of years. He's in a situation I am now, we're here to get into a proved deal, sign a lower, lower deal with incentive, incentive to get you up to a number that you're happy with. And I think that might be a good little spot for Odell as well. That would be a nice little spot, add them a little more firepower and that quickly. It's March sixth. I'm gonna give you what's gonna happen in the NFC South next year. One Saints are gonna win it. Two is gonna be the Atlanta Falcons. Three's gonna be the Panthers. Buccaneers are gonna take a big, big dive and they're gonna be fourth in the NFL hard. So you're going, you're going in March. You're going pre pre pre because I can say what I want right now. I'm going, We're going to do this in the beginning of the year. I'm thinking right now, looking at that, knowing Tom Brady left, knowing the Panthers started to do well towards the end of the season, knowing Arthur Smith. We love Arthur Smith, and I think he's a stud coach and he's going to really teat the next step this year. I think those three teams elevate. I think the Buccaneers go down to the bottom.
Speaker 3: I can definitely see Buccaneers going down to the bottom for sure. Yeah, you think Panthers others Panthers love and respect for Art, That's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 1: The Falcons. But I think it's between the Saints and the Panthers.
Speaker 3: I think the Panthers have a very good roster in their quarterback a way, and they are hiring a coach Frank Wright.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good coach. I can't believe the Indianapolis Colts got rid of him.
Speaker 3: May not believe that good coach. And you know, Rabe always talked about the culture that the Colts had built, Like every every time that we would play the Colts, he would always go on and on about how they are a team that's structured and culture wise put together a lot like us.
Speaker 1: The Titans, hard nosed team, great special teams, play hard on defense, awareness, game awareness, situation the ball and off and it's like it was always a game of chess when you play the Colts.
Speaker 3: And the Panthers brought in the boy Dangel Hall to uh fill one of their coaching spots. Really Visa, Yeah, I think the Hall is gonna be a helving it. That is your boy, is my boy. I do think I think right now it's safe to say that Saints are the team the beats since they have the quarterback and Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: But I do think it's between the Panthers and Saints this year. But boys, that we're a week away from free agency madness, and we will see a lot more things unfold in the next two weeks, especially those first three days of free agency. We're gonna see what teams are really going for it this year. And one team you're taking a step back and saying, hey, we're in a rebuilt situation. That's another one to keep the eye on. The Titans on limbo. Boys, Titans are truly in purgatory. Are they going to heaven or hell? This year? We have no idea we are going to find out of it.
Speaker 3: There will be teams you just don't make a lot of movement, maybe because they feel good about the roster too, and then they might just they like what they might be able to get in the draft. The Chicago Bears, it seems like it's out there now that they're willing to trade the first overall pick. Tells you they feel really good about justin fields and you got that first overall pick. Dude, Bryce Young comes to mind, But you got that first overall pick. A team that needs a quarterback who might be willing to make some sacrifices to make moves to get there.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting. It'll be fun too.
Speaker 3: I think this is where it gets fun for everybody who you know, like myself now who's fell back and played the fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Game a little bit more. These these are these are the times where you get a little excited. What are you excited for? Uh? What are you hoping to see next week? What free agency opens up? Personally? Taylorwan, Well, that's a kind of it's kind of a vague, broadstroke question because like obviously, playing for the Times for the nine years, I want to see what they do and where they feel like they need to fill holes in free agency. And then once they do that.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about player, Oh, Taylor Wan, free agency opens it obviously, it's it's a situation for you too. Oh yeah, I guess we are the best unemployed NFL podcasts in the world right now. But what are you now that you're on the open market, what are you hoping to Well, I can technically be signed by a team right now. Here's how my situation would work. I've had lots of teams. I've had lots of teams reach out to about a dozen teams. We've had conversations. There are teams that are interested, there are teams that are just kind of poking around. The next step for me would be to go see them, to fly to these different establishments and have their doctors put their hands on me. I've told my guys like, hey, listen, let me get my knee a little healthier. Let me see how this thing's going to work. Because I've already said it once, I'll say it a thousand times. I'm not going to play this game to collect to check unless I know I can really be something on the field that's worth paying for. Now, my contract wouldn't be, you know, some sort of massive contract or anything like that, but it's going to be a longer game for me.
Speaker 1: I think my signing would be more towards camp and that type of situation, given that my knee is able to do the things that I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Tweets that were going around yesterday because you said it on an NFL network. By the way, you did a phenomenal job. I appreciate that, buddy covering the draft, but there are a lot of tweets circulating because you said that you would not play right tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you'd be good at it, so that I wouldn't be good at it. It's also my Oh yeah, I know I would not be good at that's fair to say I would be a dog shit right tackle. I literally played right the only time I've ever played right tack on my life. Not saying you can say that you are more than we'll going to stay because.
Speaker 5: It's the truth.
Speaker 3: In one of your little draft videos, I saw you work on the right side when you did a little circles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that was the thing I was in the combin I was that was the most stressed out about that situation. Right, really, Oh I'll fall, don't fall? Yeah. And if you you can watch the fluidity and those if those videos, if you want to go back and look at it. My my my reach in my stance is not as far. My hip does rotate a little bit more where it opens up to the left because I've been in left handed stance for so long, so when I go to getting a right handed stance, it's it's basically like, folks, if you if you're if you're right handed, go eat with your left hand. That's kind of how it feels to me to be a right tackle. I will not play right tackle. I'll never play right tackle. That is a non negotiable for me. So all those teams out there say, hey, come to the forty nine ers and play right tackle. No, I'm not gonna do that. Come come to this team play it. No I am I'm and that's not like that is a little bit of ego, but it's also I I'm good at one thing. I am not like a Swiss Army knife of ability when it comes to the NFL. I am good at one individual position, and that is the left tackle position. To play across the entire line of script. You know, no, not like you, but you know what they say, the more you can do, the less you get paid. So if you're good at just one thing, thank god. The uh. But yeah, I'm excited to see all that all all unfolds because there are some teams out there that that have reached out, some contenders, some teams that are trying to work their way up, and it's, uh, it'll be cool to see how they attack this free agency draft.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good insight too that you give on that perspective, just because it is easy to get caught up and like you know, playing mad and then moving a left tackle to a right tackle, they drop a little bit and overall but ultimately, like hearing you talk about it, you brought up the analogy of if you're right handed, trying to eat with your left hand, that's how you feel. So, yeah, you're not gonna Some guys are just strictly like they're extremely good at one thing and that's what you want to do and that's where you feel best that right.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: But I think it's good to speak to just because everybody out there is like, man, why not it seems like you could just and by listening to you, it sounds like it's just not that simple.
Speaker 1: Now, it's it's not in the cars for me. From I can't do it physically. I guess I could if I worked at it hard enough, but I'm not going to because then the other part comes into it where I have a weird thing about being a left tackle. It's the position when I was growing up that like, if you're the stud, if you're the dude that can move his feed well in his athletic that's the position you play. And I took that to heart and so I'm big on that. A guy that can do both things. Nick potite Perer the right tackle for the Tennessee Titans. He was rookie this past year. I asked him because he played left tackle at Ohiose State before he came to the Titans, and I was like, hey man, how do you feel in the right handed stands? And he's like, it feels the exact same to me. It's nothing. So he has that ability to kind of work across the board from an old linement online positional standpoint and keep the same production level alive, which is good for the Titans because you need guys like that, Like it's great to have a guy like me that can do something at a high level for a long time in one position, but a lot of times having dudes you can move in and out, whether it's interior X tier that is. That is a good thing to have because you know, it kind of gives you more depth with one guy kind of like you can work all across the punt the punt, uh, all across, all across. Yeah, your core four tea, you need me a wing everything, but get on the ball, get on the ball on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to pass rush absolutely, Like just because I'm an inside backer, doesn't mean I could play outside backer right, So yeah, I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: It would it would essentially be like that discomfort you have is the discomfort I would have.
Speaker 3: Like anytime I would have to play on the left side for punt team, I always felt way more vulnerable because I enjoy the right I feel way more comfortable in my stands and my strength and everything else.
Speaker 1: On the right side. Got a great kick, good kicks. We've seen the videos out there. Wing too. Holders are square. You have a good post hand, post hand, Yeah, it's solid, good eyes and too pun team. You're holding up. You know there's a certain amount of time you had a hold up. Yeah, and so you good. Do good with that post hands. He needs to try to run a game or something like that, and you win with your eyes. You win with your eyes.
Speaker 8: Hey, I got a question for you, Taylor, take money aside of everything. When you're looking like at other teams, what are like the top three?
Speaker 1: You're like a couple of.
Speaker 8: Things it is most appealing to you from a franchise perspective, Like is it the location? Would it be like players or facilities? Because it's like a fan I like that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, uh for me, question, I don't let I've only known one facility, and that facility started garbage and got a whole lot better as the time went. Still needs a lot of work. But oh yeah, yeah times, Yeah, yeah, they're they're they're middle of the road. I don't know that you would know that. You would know that much better than me in those in those grades came out, we could talk. Then we were middle of the road the whole time. Yeah, I could not care less about facilities. Location is one thing, but really, here's like my critier. If a team on to play for, I want to play for a team that has the opportunity to win a Super Bowl. I want I here comes the ego again. I wear the number seventy seven. I want that fucking number. And if I go to a team that has a guy with seventy seven, hey, Bud, I enjoy it because you're about to get paid. I'm paying you for that number.
Speaker 3: I well know who's your therapist. I need a we gotta get on the phone. Then we're talking about a number. Yeah, we're talking about a number.
Speaker 1: A number. Yeah, we're talking about a number. And then my third cart team and This is not a joke. Will Compton has to come with too. That's not a joke. So if you want me, you got to get Will. And I've already said, I said an NFL network yesterday, I will Will. He will play for minimum. He will play for minimum. He's sitting up now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't appreciate you being my agent and from that same point, playing for minimum because we got a market. Now mean we got like I'm saying, like, you've already established that I would play for minimum, like I would never pay you to be my agent, because that's that's as bad.
Speaker 1: As a gaint. I said, hey, you will play for minimum. I'll get you minimum, but I'll get you a week one roster, so you know you paid the entire year. See that. Now that's that's solid. We can talk about it. We talk about it. That's fair enough. You know, I get you know what I mean. Never make I never I never like to make it. Will do unique quirks. If you were saying, hey, is will fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy? Absolutely not. He is actually actually the opposite of that individual. But yeah, dude, I appreciate that question. I don't think too much about facilities, sauce. I've been through the worst of them, and now I guess I've been in the middle of the road to them. But super Bowl Contender seventy seven Will Compton, those are the three things enjoy that that is and that is, that's not a joke. And I played left tackle. There's four so yeah that that's really it, but not so much about it.
Speaker 3: What if you got, uh, super Bowl contender Will Compton, No. Number seventy seven, Oh, super Bowl contender seventy seven, Will Compton. But they wanted you to play right tackle because you just said left tackles like four.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I've already established very heavily in the last five minutes of this podcast, I'm not playing right tackle. Yeah, put me on the right tackle. Put me put the right tackle. Go ahead, because guess what happens. You guys are gonna lose so many fucking gamesff like that, Huh. I don't believe myself a right tackle, but I believe myself at left tackle absolutely. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, wow, yeah, clearly so believe. But you did frame it like you don't believe. You usually said you don't believe in yourself like that.
Speaker 3: Because you just said I'm gonna give up a lot of sacks and we're gonna suck right Absolutely. That literally says I suck at right tackle. Ye, it's bad. I would look like, uh, the Chandler Jones game. Every game. It doesn't matter who the fucking individual is at right tackle. That's how the game would look.
Speaker 1: So if you guys want that right tackle, got ahead and sign me. Then the weekend, what are out standing weekend for the boys? I hope you guys are falling along weekend well, Compton went to Calabasas I went to Indianapolis. I'd love to start with you will because I've done a lot of words in this in this part, and I like to take a little bit of a break talk to us about the fight. Companion. Dude, it was a good fucking time. Yeah, Like it was a good hang.
Speaker 3: It felt like a little pre It felt like a little we were about to have a little slumper party.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's how high the vibes were. Really, I'm talking, we're talking about wild shit.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 3: I threw in the question I love to throw in, like what's your price to suck a dick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: To ram pays Jackson, which I thought would be number one. Rampayed Jackson one of my favorite fighters of all time. The only afflictioning shirt I ever wore in high school was Rampaged Jackson.
Speaker 1: So when he came in, I had a little bit of like, fuck, that's fucking rampage Jacksman, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Ye. By the end of it, bro, I mean, it was a good time. I got a little loop, I get a little sauced up on the on the whiskey. Yeah, the tiger, thick whiskey, phenomenal whiskey, very smooth, sire.
Speaker 1: You see your eyes kind of doing this as the show went on longer and longer. Oh you was little, yeah, of course, Yeah, yeah, dude. It was a good time.
Speaker 3: It was a good hang with good laughs, good jokes. We're watching the fights. I sometimes I forgot that the fights were moving on because we're just the boys were just in it having camaraderie. The vibes were high. But it was a fucking good time. I would love to do it again. Be was texting talking about you know, everybody was raving about the comera or the chemistry going on and everything else. It's like, would love to have you back. So it's awesome though. I'm all for it that she was that she was a lot of fun. Rampage bro, Like, that's so cool, rampage Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of the stories he was telling about he grew up and his cousin and all that shit like that. Was talking about how he lost with Virginia five years.
Speaker 3: Old, which I don't even know that's possible. I don't either, but he was talking about it and some of the stuff. I do want to withhold because I want to get him on the bus. Yeah, and I want him to tell those same stories again, talking recapping him him talking about hide and.
Speaker 1: Go get It? Yeah, that part I did not hear that part.
Speaker 3: You know, normally, you grow up as a child, if you're in a decent you know home, Yeah, decent home.
Speaker 1: You you play hide and go seek.
Speaker 3: Some of these boys out here, which I learned in training camp with Washington, some of these boys are.
Speaker 1: Out here playing something called hide and go get it. You're saying boys pretty hard, like you're saying it in a unique way. In what kind of way this boys out here? Oh you know what I'm saying me? Yeah, No, I'm thinking you might be a little bit I think if.
Speaker 3: You, I think, if you're not racist, you just don't have like I'm not even thinking about that, you know what I mean. I'm thinking some of the boys number one, I say boys literally, like that's part of my language, is part of.
Speaker 1: My teammates play this game called hide and Go get It with their friends. What does that mean? I can go get it? Is you hide like you're playing think of hide and seek?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the many the manuye you find them, you get to dry hump them or do whatever for like five minutes. Yeah, I'm not fucking joking. I didn't get raped. Hey, we had once he made man. He was so funny. I won't say his name, but dude, he was fucking You would go and it's one of those guys you want to you hope there's an open spot at the table because you want to sit and listen to some of the sheet.
Speaker 1: He's gonna say. Yeah, and he was talking about hide and go get it.
Speaker 3: And he's from Mississippi, so he had he had his accent going on. He's like, man, some of the females i't Finally they'd be like, oh no, he'll come here, come here, bro, when we're just dying laughing, like obviously laughing at that is like you know, I'm thinking of I'm thinking of the humor of him telling the story. But yeah, they would play this game called Hide and Go Get It. Now all their friends they'd get together they play Hide and Go get It. If you get found, you get dry humped, you make out, I don't know, you do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I think that's a game. That's a game. Wow.
Speaker 3: I think if we get this clip, there will probably be a lot of people out there and be like, yeah, we played that game.
Speaker 1: That's a wild fucking story. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I love to have Rampage Jackson on the show. Yeah. I thought you did a really good job too. I will say. My one little deal I didn't like about the YouTube streaming was there was no comments. We're like, people watching can kind of just like chill and oh really each other. Yeah yeah, I didn't know that. Yeah it was. That was the only bummer because I was kind of looking forward to sitting there watching you guys talk about because I also had the fights up, but I was gonna I was kind of a part of the two. I was gonna be in the comment section on It was fun though. Man, it was a good time. The hotel.
Speaker 3: They put me in a super nice, very nice, very nice bed, comfortable you felt like you get lost in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, around, but it was a good time. Man. It was fun.
Speaker 3: Take that a couple of pillows. The pillows made it. The pillows survived, but barely. Not really, not really. I feel like I I've matured a little bit. I like to think I've matured a little bit to where that only happens. That thought only happens rarely on occasion, So I'm not looking at pillow sideways.
Speaker 1: The thoughts really happened, though. When you get to a hotel.
Speaker 3: Room, yeah yeah, when you sit up in a hotel room, your animal brain turns on and I'm gonna do some crazy shitn't here by myself?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no doubt, no doubt. That is how the fun. It was fun talk about talk about Adianapolis and adian Appolis was great. Man. I was pretty stressed out in the beginning of the week because I didn't know what the hell I had to wear if I had to wear a suit and not wear suit, like, I don't know what the dress code was, and I didn't want to be the only guy there not wearing a suit, So that was kind of the only stress I really had. And then once I found out during the live stream it was kind of set up like the college football playoff was, where we're on the field, we're watching drills, and we're just talking about what we're seeing as that's going on. I was with Sean O'Hara, I was with the legendary Joe Thomas. Dion Dawkins, the left having for the Buffalo Bills was there and myself, that was great, dude. I had a great time with them, a lot of good chemistry with those guys. I've always enjoyed each of them and our own individual ways. But when you brought us four together, I thought we did a great job. I thought Sean and Joe, being the professionals that they are, really did a good job of kind of pointing the entire show and then giving me and Dean opportunities to speak on expertise. Even though they are, you know, especially Joe, they're they're just the bas built like a house. Yeah, he's absolutely fucking unit. And my favorite thing about Dion nobody just formula with that man. If you look at his profile picture on Twitter, I hope he can put his little thing up on YouTube. Get the boy a little bit of love. But his profile Twitter is him rounding a base at a softball game with a vest on and he got titties and stomach going everywhere. Dude, he's you don't know what direction he's going on that. He's just fucking living it. Dude. I really like Dion. I think he is uh really, Yeah, there's the picture right there. He's a he's a great talent. He's a great talent. He's a guy that you can just tell just doesn't take it too seriously. So loved being around him. His keyword of the day was swag because that was a I don't know, whatever you want to say. They pulled up videos of us and everything. It was just a cool time. Mam. You can just tell how chizzled Joe Thomas is. Yeah, Joe looks great. Chizzled Joe looks phenomenal. Yeah, he's getting down. I think he's about to go on a hike to Machu Pichu.
Speaker 5: Is that what's called?
Speaker 1: He's about to do that. He's about two hundred and forty seven pounds right now, but the he looks fantastic. He was on the field.
Speaker 3: I saw a photo of him on the field with this massive left tackle.
Speaker 1: That was that was Paris Johnson Junior from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think it was a photo you posted some about tit could potentially get him. Yeah, and it's just bro the amount of weight look at him in that photo. Yeah, the physique Joe has now compared to standing next to a left tackle is insane. And by the way, that what's what's the kid's name, Paris Johnson Jr.
Speaker 1: His quads, Oh my god, he definitely has that. But he's got that skinnier lay build Paris does, but very athletically built he is. He's a guy when you watch when you watch Paris' film, he's not the most technically sound offensive lineman on the board right now that's going to go to the tackle at Northwestern Skeronski. He is probably the best, most well developed player that someone's gonna get put in right away through either a tackle or guard. But when you have a guy like Paris, Paris is a dude with extreme athletic ability that's gonna be able to go in, be molded and shaped and could potentially be a perennial Pro Bowl guy. He probably has the highest ceiling of any guy in that draft. I'm a big fan of Paris student. He was very I saw him on the field.
Speaker 3: Go to the Twitter photo Taylor posted with Joe Thomas. Yeah, because there's a yeah, different one Joe's on the field. Where go to Taylor's profile.
Speaker 1: It might be that I work to be on Joe's Instagram as well. There it is right there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, he's got Yeah, he's he's a smaller cast with that VMO is definitely storming outside.
Speaker 1: He's built very well, and of all the drills, the changing direction drills and all that. Because he didn't run I don't know if he did the vertical of the broad or anything like that, but he didn't run the forty, which I was I was disappointed in because I wanted to see it. I don't think it affected his draft stock at all. But the forties weren't as fast as I thought they were gonna be. I think the fastest time was like a four nine nine, and I thought he was a guy with the athletic ability that could probably get out and get under that four nine. Yeah. Long arms, long arms, Yeah, dude, he he's got He's got a good opportunity and they're doing they're doing the bench press today. So I did that and I was able to go upstairs with Daniel, Jeremiah and Rich and dude. That was probably one of the more probably the highlight of my day. I loved being around those guys in the field, but being around Rich and getting to know Rich for the last nine ten years and having that kind of chemistry with him, and I've known Daniel for nine years as well, so it was just very comfortable, very fun to be up there. It's very coolesteing a bird's eye view of those guys running the forties and just kind of picking Daniel's brain the way he looks at things. We talked aboutlu It's Olu or oh Law the Center for University of Michigan. He was the Remington Award winner and the first Allen Trophy winner in Michigan history. And then all of a sudden, these draft boards come out and he's like the third center on the board, Like, how does that even fucking happen? Daniels explained to me, like that's a media base award that he's a part of the Joe Moore Award winning offensive line boom, and now you have his words, not mine. The professionals now deciding who is the best in the draft as forest movement. I'll tell you who was another good one, Mitchell, You're gonna love this is that center, that center for Ohio State. I thought did a great job of moving mobility. Not built like a house like our boy Olu here. But that man. I think his name is Luke Luke Whipel Luke wipel I believe.
Speaker 6: Is his name.
Speaker 1: He's a center w y P l E. Wipeler. Yeah, he did a good job, not he He definitely has more that Jason Kelsey builds. He can move around very well, very fluid athlete. I thought he did a good job. He's gonna have a he's gonna make himself in a nice little career in the NFL. But it was fun, man. I had a great time. Gotten the gott in the car. After that, went to uh Saint Elmos, grabbed the cocktail sauce for us. Got about six bottles too, sir, Did you bring it? I didn't bring it. I'll bring it tomorrow. Oh my my driver, my driver, his name is Night. He picks me up at seven am and drove me all the way to Indianapoli because it's a littly faster than getting on an airplane. After I was like, hey, you hungry, He's like, yeah, I'm hungry, and I was like, let's cook at dinner. So it's just me and him at Saint Elmo's in there. Got a mistake oscar style? It was nice? Was the was this from cocktail? I had two of them, fire bro, because you know what, the teeth I can't chewing, like too far up, So I was really chewing in the back and that ship was you. That show has moving me around a little bit back there, bub noses, noses dripping a little bit, eyes were watering. But buddy, I was having a great fucking time with it. To chase. Yeah, Mitchie, what you got.
Speaker 5: For Jack's sake? What any any movement on Rich getting him on the on the bus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rich is down to come on the bus. It's just a matter of getting him out here. I think these next couple of months might be the best time to get Rich out when he's not doing a show because the drafts in a few months, uh freeze. He's gonna hit. So it all depends on his schedule. But he for those of you listening. Rich has tried to come on the podcast on three separatecasions or two separate occasions camp last year, and that's a super Bowl super Bowl. Yeah, and so we actually declined that one. I said that on NFL Network. But a great dude. He's gonna be a great hang when he finally comes on, and it'll be judgment day for Jack and we'll see everything after that.
Speaker 8: I have a pretty strong hunch that that'll be a well kept seecret.
Speaker 1: And I think he's just gonna show up one day. That's just my thoughts on it. You know, I didn't think about that, but maybe we just do that nice a little surprised ranchising coming on. Now, if you do win that Chevrolet, do you want us to get the Chevrolet? Win Rich comes on or after which comes on and we've gone through all of our homework, you get the Chevrolet. M I don't know. That's all. That's the game we're playing, isn't it. I'll tell you who just got a Chevrolet is trailing Burks, which says a lot about the career He's about to have. Very durable, reliable individual hopefully coming in the coming years. He just I saw on the Instagram today he got himself a z R one good looking vehicle. It's probably the same one I got. Yeah, probably it seemed like I had a little left on a little more meat potatoes on whatever that or something. The twenty three I think is nice. Bro.
Speaker 3: That shit is fucking awesome. I need to get me some. It's got nice tires on, but I need some one. I need a little bit wider to where it barely sticks out, barely barely remember my old platinum flex like that, bro, where it just kind of sticks out a little bit on the side.
Speaker 1: Put some put some rims on it. No, no, no, not that vibe, not that vibe.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not talking about jacking it up and doing all that stuff to where you got the tires wide.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I do have a small piece, but I don't need to do the whole over conversation on it.
Speaker 1: Do you need to put like a nice little leveling kid on it? Though you got one. I think I'm gonna keep it as is.
Speaker 3: I think I want tires and I want some wheels on it, like some I want it kind of.
Speaker 1: I want it kind of to be like the don't say that bleep that out, thank you yeah, yeah, definitely bleep. Yeah, but yeah, I want to I want to be like my did you have faces tires? Will the tires come out a little bit outside the wheel wells? Yeah, it stuck out. That's what I was just saying.
Speaker 3: I want the tires to come out just a little bit like I don't want it to be like a like the competitor that starts with an R word A R A P.
Speaker 1: It's like a dinosaur. I don't want to be like that. It's too wide. Yeah, but I do want to have a little bit bit. Yeah, there's a There is too much you can do to a truck, for sure. I think the way you had your last truck very classy, very well put together. But I had enough on fun end to say, oh he put his nice little spin on it. I do when I get my Chevy. I think we should do this. We should get Cebe radios, BB radios CB radios are what like, uh like truckers radios, and we would stay on a frequency so we can talk to each other. Yeah. I love a big, big, wobbly fucking wire in the back of your truck. Yeah, I would love that as long as it's got it on and off switch is such a couck dude. With that being said, now that the vibes are higher than ever, let's go to shout out no free shout out of the week Boss. Are you ready or do you need a second? My boy boss is ready. Let's hear what you got.
Speaker 6: My shout out this week is more of a hack. It's putting your phone under your pillow. So if you know you gotta wake up in the morning, you gotta set your alarm a little earlier than probably who you're with, your spouse, whatever, Your alarm won't wake them up, but it'll wake you up by being under your pillow. Or if you're listening to a podcast you don't want, you know, to disturb the other person, slide that thing under your pillow. You could listen without disturbing them.
Speaker 1: Solid. That's solid. I mean if you like ear cancer, that's something. Brother. The the the radiation beaming on your fucking ear the whole.
Speaker 8: Time, all issues that shil might start a fire. You're my phone gets hot on.
Speaker 3: We're gonna if we're getting into the if we're getting into the radiation game, like having just our phone in our pocket hurts with disastro.
Speaker 1: You know what I do too. I put my phone here on my sack when I'm driving direct direct radiation on this I got injured. Eck. All right, well, jackie boy.
Speaker 8: My shoutout if your shout out goes to a game that I think we all know and love, but it's an aspect of the game.
Speaker 1: But it's pool.
Speaker 8: And we're playing a little pool on Thursday night this past week, and it's that one moment. You could literally not have hit a shot all game, but if you hit the fucking eight ball in gratch.
Speaker 1: The record, it's literally you're the You're the king, You're the here.
Speaker 8: And there's like such a dopamine rush you get when one hitting in the eight ball. But I think it's even better when you've been doing well in a pool game and you have a struggling partner and they're up on that last eight ball shot and it might be a little difficult, and you're like, all right, let's just go ahead.
Speaker 1: You're gonna miss.
Speaker 8: Hopefully I'm gonna pick it up on my next shot, and by the grace of God, this man sinks the eight ball. It's almost better watching your boy hit one in when he hasn't hit one in all day, somebody shout out, no free Shadow goes is sinking that a ball shot.
Speaker 1: It's truly a rush, not a big billiards guy. But I can see I can see the love there. I can definitely see the love Mitchie, what you got home when.
Speaker 3: You shake their hands after like because there's something different about like a playing pool too, or some of them, some of just those games that aren't like you know, the main fucking games where you just shake hands after a game's over, when you.
Speaker 1: Win at pool and you go shake their hand and the kind of drop turn your eye, Who's next? Yeah, bro?
Speaker 5: And oh god, my shadow, no for you.
Speaker 2: Shadow. This week goes to it's a feeling that like, so I'm gonna start this over. Go ahead, you go out on Saturday night, you have a good time with the boys and everything. Sunday, you know, we wake up hangover, hungover, just feeling like absolute dogshit. But my shoutow no fore shoutout goes to that next day when your body completely resets and you feel like a new human and the hangover is gone and you just completely like it just is a uphoric feeling of like you're back, I'm back. This is this is how I should feel. I don't know why I do it to myself every Saturday night, but I like it makes you not want to drink again.
Speaker 5: M so goes to that the day after the hangover, the day after the.
Speaker 1: Hangover, and it also gives you like a new found like motivation as well. You're like, hey, I felt like shit, I got to earn this Monday. I gotta make sure this Monday is gonna be the best Monday ever and kick this week off the right way. It's a solid shot out no for shout out. Really, my shout out no for shadow goes to.
Speaker 3: The power trip you get from being in group one or like a one through fifteen on a flight. I was a little bit later on my on my layover on my connecting flight in Houston, and uh so I walked up and group two and three was going, but I'm group one. So I got to walk down the group one line and you know, you kind of like look to the side like, hey, guys, I won at life. So then you show them that. The lady's like, hey, are you group one? And I'm like yeah, She's like come on up here, and then you kind of hit it and you know, you're just kind of like walking proudly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you just yeah, or like you.
Speaker 3: Know, everybody's lining up for the Southwest flight and then you get to be like, hey, what number are you? And then you know they'll just be like like, oh, I'm nine, and you're like I'm seven. So I'm in front of you. He's just like I'm just gonna wiggle in here in your mind you think there could be a little something there because you just kind of got them. When we were coming back from Cobo. I had to do that because the Cobo report was like madness. They almost just do, hey, if you're a come on up, and we'll just start ringing it up. So I'm like, I see like this older couple who like gets up there and I'm thinking like, yo, we're we're We're like we're up there in the a's right and I'm thinking, hey, what is your And I saw them from Afar they were like A fifty two and I'm thinking they shouldn't be going right now.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, hey, sir, what what which one are you?
Speaker 3: And he's like, you know, A fifty two and I'm my brother, you're you're back there because he was cutting like everybody. Yeah, yeah, this wasn't just a personal thing, but it's like those people were kind of taking advantage of the system, trying to get up there just because they got to fucking take it right, do it right?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, do it right right? Yeah yeah yeah yeah, dude, that shit that happened to me one time in my Southwest flight. I was like a seven and I was counting one, two, three, four, five six perfect. Well, some cock comes down the line and standing in front of a one for a second, kind of like not in the line, kind of he's he's wavering back between the line and the line. All of a sudden, a one through fifteen year up. He jets in front of a one, puts it down. I have no idea what his number was, but I bet you he was a late a like that. Yeah, it really pisses me off.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, like, I get real like internally mad when I see people like trying to take advantage like the system or something like that, especially in the flights in the flight game. Bro, when you're in the flight game, like you want it to go smooth, and if you're fucking it up, you're part of the reason we're not taking off on time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, that's a good one shot out.
Speaker 3: No for Shadow goes to the power trip you get from being Group one, Oh yeah, or A one through fifteen that Early Bird special on Southwest.
Speaker 1: Speaking of this week, the boys are flying out Thursday to Las Vegas Debt. I'm sure will be an A or a Group one, you know, yeah, there no question we'll say if you boys to seed maybe and it's gonna be a great, a great week. We're gonna be a Dana. We're gonna be doing a whole bunch of shit. It's gonna be amazing, just more fun stuff because of you guys that have allowed us.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 1: My shoutout. Know if for Shadow this week goes to pool games. Not pool games like pool pool games like pool basketball, like sharks and meadows. Like when you're throwing rocks in the pool and you hold your breath and try to get all three of them. I've been filling up before you fill over air. The anticipation of the competition, when the weather's great and the sun's out and you are in the pool with the boys, when you're playing Marco polo dude, when you're playing Marco, Polo, and you're in the deep end of the pool and that guy is coming towards you. Marco, and you yell, Polo, take the biggest deep breadth of your life and hit the bottom and scared. Bro, You're like, I'm trying to figure it out like this, like just holding yourself up as much as far as far down as possible while the feet are right here, and you're like, please God, that anxiety, all of that, and then he floats away from you, brother, the wind. That's a fucking win. How can I get up? Hup? Huh gotta watch out now take it. That is a feeling. And the summer's coming, boys, whether you like it or not. Bloss while the winner sucks. We didn't get enough winner, dude. Fuck that shit. Fuck the cold. I cannot wait for sunshine pool days, grilling with the boys. It's gonna be an amazing time. And it's right around the corner. I can't fucking waits shot never shotow be your Olympics. Yeah go down this year. Oh yeah, I'll go down this year. Figure.
Speaker 3: So we definitely got to figure something out. That was a good That was a good fucking time.
Speaker 1: You know, we should have stayed to the masses. Should we do another Tennessee Titans beer Beer Olympics or go to a different team and get their offensive line? David bo You.
Speaker 3: Should have like a like an invite, like an invite only Beer Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, bring the boys from around bring the boys from around the country. Whiskey. You see a paper floating there, you've won? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like do a invite boys from around the country just to come into Nashville for a day. Yeah, brother, that'd be all Like we're doing the Beer Olympics and you got the invite.
Speaker 1: That would be sick. Hey, we're no longer teaming the masses. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Invite only, Invite only Beer Olympics. Should we talk about the South Carolina tickets going on sale? They should be on sale by the time you hear this, brother, Let them know. So the spring tourist starting March fifteenth. We kick it off at South Carolina the game Cocks Gamecock Country. We will be there next Wednesday, March fifteenth, being at the facility. But with more importantly, we're gonna be doing a live show that evening. We believe it'll be an eight o'clock show hour long. There'll be uh, you know, if you buy VIP or whatever, we're gonna do like this meet and greet beforehand, but all of that will be in a link. We're probably gonna drop the link. You'll see it on the socials, you see it on busing WTB. Those tickets are on sale now, so you gotta go swoop them up. I don't know how many there are in South Carolina. I don't know what that place holds. I think it's like two hundred, yeah, two hundred. But the Boys will be in South Carolina next week. Yeah, in all the other spots that are out there listening, like when they think they're gonna get their tickets, I'm sure all of them will be out by next week. But I know first and foremost South Carolina, since that's one, since that one is coming up on us next Wednesday. South Carolina fans, if you're there in Win's the Charles or Columbia. I was gonna say Charleston, it's like the only city I know in South Carolina. But if you're in Columbia, if you're in Columbia or you want to travel to Columbia, the Boys will be there next Wednesday, March fifteenth, eight pm at ten roof. So yeah, get your tickets. It's gonna be fucking aweso. Dude, we're gonna have energy. We'll put the Lincoln in the description. It'll be a part of the show as well. We'll do some questions you guys will definitely have.
Speaker 1: We'll get able to have your shout out questions. But basically, if you're wondering, hey, what are the boys gonna do for the live show, you're you're watching us do the live show right now, just come be with us in person. We're gonna do a meet and greet before. Yeah, hang out, shake hands, sign whatever, kiss babies, whatever you guys want us to do.
Speaker 3: Dude, we're gonna be happy with everybody's gonna be involved in this live show.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good time. It's another thing to think about too. That's right around the corner. Let's make sure we're doing a good job planning as Saint Patty's Day boys and girls, the merch gone, It's gone. That's how fast it's selling. Yeah, you've already gone behind the bus. Sat Patty's Day Merch. You're gonna go to barstool dot store Forward Slash Wait barstool dot com.
Speaker 3: Here you go store dot barstoolsports dot com. Forward Slash Busting fuck it, Go to store dot barstool sports dot com. Click the brands tab hit Busting with the Boys. That's where you go find our boom and.
Speaker 1: Then if that's if that's too hard, hey, I need the boys to put a fucking link right here so you can just click that. You'll get to it. You can come back to the podcast. Make sure you order that stuff, because if you don't order now, we don't know if it's gonna really make it to you by Saint Patty's Day weekend.
Speaker 3: So no, hey, Garrett, isn't it a yeah, it'll get there fast, and order there fast, order it.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Garrett, We got it. We'll get there, yes, yeah, right now, singing right now.
Speaker 3: Today is probably the last day you might get it by Saint Patty's Day.
Speaker 1: Boom. And if you don't get it by Saint Patty's Day, hey, you've already done your shopping for next Saint Patty's Day. So you're you're good to go. Dar, You're ahead. Absolutely, We're gonna have an absolute blast in Vegas. Fred Warner podcast. Will was not able to make it. He was getting a passworkers. We had to go to Cabo because Cobba is the greatest place on earth. He and I sat down, incredible guy, really well spoken, talked about the Charleston tribulations of the season with the quarterback. He talked about his mindset when he came in as a rookie. What was he doing, what was he going about those types of things. It is a It is an awesome podcast. I really hope you guys enjoy. Now listen YouTube. We are this close to three hundred thousand subscribers, so subscribe. Tell a friend, dude, Like the movie Pay It Forward, you tell two people, they tell two people, and it keeps ongoing, and we're gonna turn this thing. That's how it works to ninety eight right now, two ninety eight. So let's bump that up. Let's get it going, and we'll start attacking four hundred once we get there. Please enjoy this episode. Right after this ad read by proper Wild, must have product on the camera. Boom, Well that's what it's that only Yeah, Well it's on the camera. I'm gonna do a shot with the boss. You want to go ahead and do this one. Yeah. Proper Wild is a clean, all day energy shot designed to boost your energy, focused and productivity without the jitters or crash. And they have three new flavors strawberry que, m apple yum, and lemon lime. No preserve, no preservatives, no artifactural sweeten no horrible chemical chemical just a natural taste, tasting energy shot with clean ingredients that work.
Speaker 3: Proper Wild was when Bet the Bus was rolling hot, the presenting sponsor for sponsor for Bet the Bus. Not only did we make you money, but we saved you money, and we're gonna save you money right now. Properwild dot com Ford slash barstool to try Proper Wild for thirty percent off and this is a cheers to you guys.
Speaker 1: This is the apple. I'll let you know how it goes nout no artifactional sweeteners. This is incredible.
Speaker 3: Always assmen, though I know people are just watching me, maybe for the first time, do it, but proper Wild really is good.
Speaker 1: How many milligrams of caffeine, aren't it? I think it's you hit doubles like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one twenty clean, long lasting all the energy you guys. You guys are gonna love it. Should we get into the Fred Warner episode. Absolutely, big hugs, tinny kisses, go rip, buy your tickets Spring Tour.
Speaker 1: We are rolling. Let's do this. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. Our guests today, a legendary probably the best linebacker in the entire NFL. Mister Fred One. Let's get around the box for the boys. Let's get it. Let's get a couple classes. I appreciated, thank you for having me on. Will Compton can't make it. I'm very disappointed that he can't make it. Linebackers on. I'm sure you growing up looked at him as a valued asset. You watched that was your Will is him?
Speaker 4: So I'm actually sad he's not here. Will, if you're watching this.
Speaker 1: Or if you do watch this, he does. We watch our own episodes because we need to boost our own numbers. That's like the biggest thing for us is are you aware that your ten was stolen from him? That know that Will's year ten was stolen from him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that. Yep. The Roger Goodell and the NFL boys were trying to keep him down. Really, he just had a gambling show and bet the bus. So there's really him betting on NFL games, and the NFL is like, no, you can't do that, you can't do that. They tried to take it. They absolutely try to take it. When I first walked in here, this is your Asian right here to my left. So he brought up something to me and it opened, it opened some old wounds. He is married to a girl that I had a crush on in elementary school. Can I say her name name? Her name is Julie Giordano, right, Julie Ferrari. Now, now what a cool fucking last name. What a cool last name. So I'll tell the same story I already told elementary school. We're like three months into the school year and they're like, hey, everyone, you can change sheets, you want to sit by somebody else, We want to keep it all going. I take this as my opportunity. I'm finally gonna sit next to Julie. I go over. She's facing the opposite direction and I slide on into the chair and she looks sees me and screams, immediately get up. I'm like, that's that's not for me. That obviously is as a tale. And then I brought up somebody else, Courtney Billie, and you're like, they're best friends. So buddy, it's been a it's been a hard day for me. Dude.
Speaker 4: I still don't even I don't understand how your re member things like that far back, oh grade, there will be a blur. All of elementary school is a blur to me.
Speaker 1: I don't really. Yeah, you don't have any good friends from elementary school?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I have great friends, you know who you know, I grew up with all the way middle school, high school, but like elementary, like just like those little moments that you just that you just threw out there right now, like I could never pull that from the memory banks. I don't know, really, I don't think so. Yeah, maybe that's the football I don't worrisome for you. You think about that, it's a little bit worrisome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude. I'll go up to people sometimes and I'll literally like look at them and be like, hey, Taylor, nice to meet you, Like, yeah, we've met three times, and I'm like, oh my god, it's terrible. I guess my long term memories is good, but my short term memories just terrible. Yeah. I don't know, but I'm obviously going through it right now. You have to be going through some sort of an emotional turmoil right now being in Arizona in a game that you probably believe you should be playing it. Yeah, no, it was. It was.
Speaker 4: It was hurtful yesterday being by the stadium and actually seeing it all dressed up because like for the longest time, I wrote sticky notes all over my house like saying I'm going to be a Super Bowl fifty seven champion February twelve, Like I wrote it out and I said, yeah, so uh yeah, No, it sucks being here seeing it all.
Speaker 1: God, dude, that's gotta be. And so when you get to call, like, hey, you're gonna go down the super Bowl. Have you been to like the super Bowl location before when you're not playing in it?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Did you play it against Kents Cidy? Uh? You talking about that was like what five four years ago?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in there? Okay, yeah, yeah, there it is. See the memory. Oh it sucks. Yeah, it's terrible. You actually come down for the Super Bowl? Yeah I do. Yeah, I went there.
Speaker 4: I was there last year in like same same situation. We had just lost the Rams in that same stadium.
Speaker 1: Like the week. So you guys have a hell at absolute hell of a team. Dude, when you look at the game, the NSC Championship, obviously the big glaring what if is your quarterback?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Party? You had two quarterbacks before him? Like what is what was your thought us? We're gonna jump all over the season, but what was your thought process when you see pretty get hurt? I was like, oh boy, yeah, let's get it up.
Speaker 4: But the thing was, bro Like, here's the crazy part about it is when Party went down, I still have full confidence. Really, Yes, Josh Johnson a seasoned veteran, been in the league for about fifty years, Like, you know, you can go out there and protect me, you know, protect a ball, get it where it needs to go. And we got the top defense in the league at that point, I think it was seven zer. So I'm like, all right, we're good. And then Christian goes and does like the Superman, you know, like goes and scores off of like some hero play. Yeah, and at seven seven, yes, stud, And like so I'm thinking, okay, we're in it. Like seven seven, we're good. Josh gets concussion, he's out. Did you think it was a real concussion.
Speaker 5: Did he fake it?
Speaker 1: Do you think that was like something that he the moment was too big for him? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no he did. He did fake I I don't think he faked it. Yeah, But he goes down and we're on the sideline. I'm like, all right, who's next? Like we don't have anybody else? And I heard I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I heard the story recently that Christian was getting his helmet fitted for the QB thing, and I didn't know that was actually happening in real time. But then I see Party trotting back out. I'm like, well, what the heck? Why wasn't he in the whole time? Because you thought he was faking it? So then I'm thinking he's faking right, you know, at that moment, You're like, yo, what's doing He's already I'm like, why the hell hasn't pretty been in this whole time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But then he trots back out there and you see that. You see the guy just giving handoffs every play like we're toast. This is like what the first couple of plays into the third quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I was little. I was flying back from parks to the Utah with my family, so I didn't get to watch the game. But when Will breaks it down to me and we had Christian on yesterday, Yeah, it just seems like the way it was framed to me is it seemed like the boys were kind of giving up, not the players themselves, but the play calling in general, because you would you would think, all right, we're gonna put the green dot in Christian's helmet. Okay, let it, let him just rip it, just say fuck it. Dude was saying that thing and hope for the best. I mean, it's such a tough situation.
Speaker 4: Bro, I don't know, Like I mean, the game is literally over when you're down what it was two scores at that point, and you're gonna say, all right, let's put the quarterback in whose arms torn off, and just have him hand the ball off and hope that we can run the ball down the field, like when they're running punk coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying all right, we're gonna blitz every places, everybody that last can gauge eight exactly see what happens. Yeah, it was like we were playing Madden, so what we were losing. Yeah, that's tough, dude, Like when you're looking and you see them handing it off like every single play, and then you're looking at going, hey, we're toast. How is like the mindset on because you guys are number one, if not like top two, most well put together NFL teams. It was you were in the other team that was in that conversation as the team you're playing, right, and you guys said, it seems like he has a phenomenal chemistry. Kittles a stud. Christian's the stud. You guys rally around every single quarterback. You have the best left tackle in the game. Nick Bosa just won Defensive Player of the Year last night, right right, Yeah, stud just literally just seems like he's one step below in the evolutionary chart. Right his hands go down to his damn ankles. He just kind of grunts and mose. He just says a couple of things like, you guys have a solid squad in there, So how are the boys reacting during this thing? What did you feel the white flag coming up? Yeah? God, and that's tough. That's probably worth to admit. Field, It's the worst feeling in the world.
Speaker 4: Like when you know that, like in the moment as a competitor, you know this like you're you're sitting there, You're like you saw the clips of George like rally and the boys like trying to get them going, and I'm doing the same thing on my side. I'm thinking we can we can still win this, like we still win this. And then you finally like kind of concede defeat at the end, like obviously whinning the game's over. But all the way through I still had hope, you know that maybe we were going to get a pick six or scoop and score fumble, try and get the game back going.
Speaker 1: But but they're not gonna. I mean, once they see they're up to scores and you guys have no aerial attack, Like what is the point. They're probably on this on their sideline saying, hey, no dumb place. You're basically running a four minute offense.
Speaker 4: They're like, all right, what is this for ourselves? We just got to not give them the ball? And the turnal battle was huge for us all season long, like winning like we I think we're plus plus ten and maybe maybe over plus ten during the season and that was the reason why we went one twelve straight, right, and then you know, playoff, same thing as long as long as we took the ball wave, we protected we're gonna win. Like the stat was we were undefeated and we were plus yeah in that game, I think we were minus two minus three.
Speaker 1: God, I was like, all right, word But and you had to pick the week before against the Cowboys. What was the what was the mindset going to the Cowboys versus going against the Eagles Because you look at the Cowboys, Yeah, they got a lot every year, there's a big media on them there with the biggest media market in the entire NFL. But you knew, yeah, you were very aware of what was about to go down. Yeah, No, we were pretty confident.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm I'm not going to sit here and just boast and be like, oh, you know we're going to kill them, Like yeah, it was like we knew that.
Speaker 1: There was like they got they got players now, running backs, they have great wide receiving corps.
Speaker 4: Them losing Tony Pollard and like the first quarter was huge, Like that's their most dynamic player on that side of the ball and opens up their entire offense, their entire offense, So like losing him made them a little bit not as you know, dynamic on that side. I said, say, they obviously were just in CD the whole time, like wanted to get him going. I think he ended up having like eleven catches for one hundred some yards. So my word, you know it, it was what it was. The difference between this that game and the Eagles game was like I think the biggest difference was being at home way like in a hostile environment.
Speaker 1: You know how we had our quarterback. Obviously it could have been a different ball game with the Eagles. But you know it isn't it a wild when you're playing a football game and the whole week, I'm sure you guys are in your defensive meeting room saying, like Pollard, you guys got to like neutralize this individual. And then obviously you go seet and stuff like that. But like there's always like a key focus on certain individuals you play against. And then you get into a game and I've been there too, Like I'm playing against a stud defensive end and all of a sudden, maybe he gets growing or something earlier in the game. I'm like, oh, and you never want like you never hope, but obviously there is a piece of you that's like they just got a little bit easier for me, it made it for sure got easier when he got out here.
Speaker 4: Dude, you never want to see it happen like me, No, And that's it was like bro some ankle like nasty looking and some I saw something come out about how they're gonna try and change the way people tackle or something now like the drop tackle.
Speaker 1: I guess is what it's called. It's a drop tackle. I don't know. I've never even heard of that in my entire life.
Speaker 4: They said, because Jimmy Ward, the guy who was tackling him, slid down his legs and then like the pressure of his body.
Speaker 1: That's what happened to Uh Donnie Walker against Miami in like twenty nineteen, did he did something happen to his leg? Yeah, he snapped. I think it's a tip fib.
Speaker 4: It didn't come out of the skin, but that thing was looking like with this, yeah with with Pollard, like but you can't control that, like you're you're it's a desperation tackle. It's not like I'm gonna wrap him slide down fall on his leg like No, it's like you're you're desperate to try to get this guy down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that seems like something that's like such a frustrating thing for the defensive player because Nick Bost had something earlier in the year, right, he gets uh, he tackles the quarterback, they throw a penalty on him. It's like the whole quarterback thing waiting crazy. Yeah, there is a it's outstanding that the NFL wants to help players. Now, they're also putting in a turfield a Nissan stadium next year, and everyone's all against turf field, but there's like there is they're at least showing to the public that hey, we want to keep these players healthy and safe. But there's got to draw a line where you literally have to understand what you're signing up for, Like Pallard needs to know, like when you get tackled the way he gets tackled, there's a there's an option that your leg is going to be facing the wrong way at the end of that. And buddy, when you see that during your game, like there is no more will to play anymore for at least four or five snaps like.
Speaker 4: That is the worst feeling in the world, especially seeing that live, Like that's like my fear, Like I would, you know, knock on wood that that never happens to me. But yeah, the whole like the breaking legs and all that. It's just like it's not right. But like you said, like you're signing you know what you're signing up for that happens, you know rarely, but that's what you're signing up.
Speaker 1: Where do you where do you see that line being like defined, because eventually the NFL can't turn this into two hands touch. It's it's a violent game flag football like the Pro Bowl, which we will get into that that was absolute garbage to absolute garbage, but that you'll have a whole experience talking about that. Yeah, sure, Like where is I guess where do you think the line is when it comes to like keeping guys healthy but also understanding the risk that we're all going into when we play this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, bro, people why do people turn on football, like intern on NFL football and watch It's because they want us, Like they want to see people hitting each other, like they want to see like the violence of the game, and you know, understanding the integrity of the game like and wanting to help protect the players.
Speaker 1: There is a fine line there, you know.
Speaker 4: They they're they're doing the whole protecting the quarterback situation because you see what happens clear and clear as day in our situation, what happens when you don't have your quarterback, you know, and how that affects the success of your team. So I mean, that's why they're getting paid all, you know, all the money and because your your team is I mean a large part of it is a success of your team is from the quarterback. So I get it from that standpoint. I wanted to protect the quarterbacks, but a lot of it is like kind of ticki tag and it's like all right, like come on, we got to know common sense now of.
Speaker 1: What yeah, what's the use did you tack?
Speaker 4: I mean this year there was like some weird ones where like they don't want you to sli and the quarterback down too hard, like when you're sacking him, landing on him, the landing on them thing, it's like you have to roll off with one arm down on the ground or brace yourself and then all kind of off to the side. Like it's just like so like fine, like this is you know, find details in it all. It's like and these these things are happening like quick and there's a quick decision that having to be made like in action.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is an interesting you'll do, especially like if I feel like if I'm a defensive player and I'm sacking a quarterback and I have to think about all the little minu details you're saying low key, you're putting yourself in risk to get injured. Absolutely, and that's like, but the NFL's got to follow what they do, which is protecting the money. They're gonna protect Tom Brady, They're gonna take Aaron Rodgers and all those guys. Yeah, and it's tough. And I think the thing that's an issue with that is the those rules aren't consistent based on the quarterback. Right, you get those older guys that are you know, Hall of famers or elite quarterbacks, they get they're gonna get extra flags. They're going to get extra flags. And it's it's tough, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 4: You also have to be aware, like as a defender, like, all right, you got to know who's going to get the calls, Who's who's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a little bit more lenient.
Speaker 4: You gotta know what, uh what ref crew you're working with, Like, all right, is this is this a crew that's gonna let you play or is it a crew that is gonna you know, be a little bit more flat happy? So yeah, you know this all stuff that you get. The people don't outside don't realize that you have to like kind of be aware of.
Speaker 1: Do the coaches before games, do they let you guys know who the the referees are and stuff like that, and they're like, hey, these guys are big on DPI, these guys are big on holding. Every crew like has like.
Speaker 4: A penalty that they're big on, Like they're like heavily called this type of penalty. So it's not something that in game you're really thinking about. It's just something that you kind of put in your back pocket, like beforehand. It's like, all right, well I have it on my mind a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta. Yeah, it's understanding the rules and using the rules to your advantage. There you go, that's all you gotta do. Your DC just left, He went to Houston. Right on one hand, you got to be stoked for him. How do how do you think that affects you guys going into next year. It's kind of like it's it's almost like a new challenge. You know.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, my time being here, this will be my third DC in six years, so it's But the difference was that Tomiko was the descendant of Sala, you know, he was under Solah. Okay, it was almost the exact same defense, except the little tweaks here and there. Now we're bringing in a new cat who hasn't been a part of the like part of our system or even a part of the building, you know, so kind of bringing them in. And I haven't I haven't met coach Wilks yet, but I'm eager to. I've heard none but good things.
Speaker 1: Uh Shaq. Thompson hit me up and was like, may You're gonna love Wilkes.
Speaker 4: Bro Like really, hey, like the Mike eats in this defense and great, dude, man, everybody loved him.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited. Yeah, dude, because you guys have a punishing defense. I worry. Do you think when head coaches get de coordinates coordinates when they get head coaching jobs, do they do you think they evaluate where they're going or they just see the head coach and they're like the head coaching title. They're like, oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna take that because if I'm yeah right, because if I'm thinking Houston right, they have had an absolute revolving door of head coaches. The franchises in shambles. That's not an opinion, that's literally a fact. Like ship just seems like it is hitting the fan over there, Like, do you think he thought about that before we took that job or is it like, hey, I get to be a head coach in the National colutely he thought about it.
Speaker 4: He thought about everything, and he's he's a you know, he's a guy who lives in Houston, you know, had a house out there already and played for that organization. I think his wife is from from Houston. So everything you have to take into account everything, and then obviously does is it the right fit? You know, is the front office, you know, in correlation with what your values and ideals are for what you believe the team is going forward? So everything obviously lined up. Who do you want to win this game on Sunday?
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't do that. Well, now, what kind of question. Yeah, I'm terrible at this job. Yeah, but you look at the teams. Let's not say who we want to win. Let's say, who do we think is going to win this game? And if you want me to go first, I will that way, he lets you have a little more of a cushion. Absolutely, I think the Philadelphiagles are gonna win this game by at least ten points. Yes, yes, the only way. And Will brought this point up. I'm now using his point form, but I put the insurance policy in there. The only reason, the only way Kansas City wins this game is on off scripted place. They're not going to be able, especially with who's number seventeen for the Chiefs, Nicole Hardman. Nicole Hardman, He's out. They just put him on iron. They got Juju's got a knee, they got another guy with a hip. They got an ankle. Pat Mahomes is the ankle. I think in their offensive line. I think the Eagles are going to eat. Okay, I think the Eagles are going to eat, and I think the Phillies. I think Phillies offensive line is going to eat. Okay, like it is going to be a bloodbath on one side, and then the Jalen's going to have a very long time to throw the football. Oh is Jalen at super MVP then is that Is that what you're saying or I don't know. But and Kelsey is gonna be Super Bowl MVP of this of this game. I don't know, dude, because I think obviously you're gonna give it to Jail and he's a quarterback. We've seen it in the past where it doesn't go to the quarterback. But I mean, if you're going to bet on that situation, you would bet the quarterback in the NBA. But I think top to bottom, the Eagles are a better football team. And here's where I'll speak against myself. I think Patrick Mahomes is getting to the point where you never bet against Patrick Mahomes. He's truly like the baby goat. He's out here ripping around two time MVP just won it last night, Like, yeah, he's a study. So all that being said, you have the floor. That's an interesting take. I hadn't heard.
Speaker 4: I hadn't heard that one yet, Like that very good at my job. And the Eagles are just gonna mop the floor with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I did that. I guess in the Super Bowl. Of course, it's kind of disrespectful to Kansas City.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, it's cool I mean, we don't, we don't care, but I would say I would say the opposite.
Speaker 1: I think Casey wins. Wow.
Speaker 4: My reasoning being both teams are obviously they're they're obviously the best of the best. That's why they're there. Eagles are loaded. I do like the I do like the thought of the trench is kind of winning the game for him, the old line being stacked, d line stacked. But in my mind, the super Bowl is very much so like a game of like experience. Who's been there. This is a staff with the Eagles that has never been in this game. Okay, see and any Reid been there has won it. Pat Mahomes been there, won it?
Speaker 1: Who do they win? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anyway, but yeah, they've been there and they've done it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: Like I feel I feel like that's kind of like the difference maker and like in those key moments because there's like you know, it doesn't really it doesn't always come down to the last play. There's gonna be key moments in the game where it's like, all right, who's more season than this to be able to be like all right, like who's gonna make the more critical decisions? Throughout the game, but at the end of the day, players make place. Pat Mahomes is Pat Mahomes. Travis Kelsey is Travis Kelsey. Now I'm eager to see what the Eagles defensive game plan is against that offense.
Speaker 1: You know, like, are they going.
Speaker 4: To say, but you can beat a with anybody else except for eighty seven, Like eighty seven is not catching the ball, Like we're going to triple team, double team, whatever we need to do and make it make them beat us some other way.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do Like, so, what do you think their game play is going to be, because the easy answer is double double Kelsey, I'll do it. Play man on everybody. I'll do it, and I'll try to get try to.
Speaker 4: Get to the quarterback man double or zone and have somebody else in the area being able to bump him do something. If you just like Travis Kelcey run around and he's going to and he gets twelve catches for like one hundred and forty yards, two tugs, win subwemp, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like this is like what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 1: Or the opposite when he has like what like six catches, four touchdowns and twenty five yards that one game. It's just crazy. Is the red zone three? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Well, it's that that's a unique storyline too when it comes to the Super Bowl. Is Jason and Travis? Yeah, like that's got to be so dope. Yeah, your brother, you have a brother that plays that by you right now?
Speaker 4: Or we played together for two years and now he's he's doing USFL. He's doing USFL Memphis. Has he told you about that process?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I mean he doesn't. He hasn't even gone yet. He leads in March. Oh no way, Yeah, I'm thinking about playing there next year. Stop? Why not? Why not? I thought if I retired, dude, I'm just gonna go and do USL USFL or do a cflry to be all Canadian and get the fuck out. There's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about doing that when like when you're when your career is like over, Like why not just why not?
Speaker 4: Just for the love of the game, for the love of the game, brother, just bro, Yeah, that would be just love ball so much.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna, you know, just gonna go do it just to see what happens. I feel like that's like the CFL especially is like a wildly underestimated like uh football, Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 4: I Mean I don't really know much about it either, but I've heard I've heard good things for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The when you look at when you look at your team, you have a handful of guys that are going to be free agents this next year. How do you guys finally put it together and get back to the Super Bowl to the same exact thing we did. You have to resign those we make sure both both our.
Speaker 4: Quarterback get hurt, go get down to the third string quarterback, and then get a top defense, and then we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is going to be your quarterback next year? This is obviously a question in your agent does not want me to ask a ridiculous question. I don't know. Yeah, that's crazy, Yeah, because I feel like people have already forgotten about Tree Lance. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for Trey, I mean it's like, I mean, he just hasn't had like the best end of the stick right right, just kind of like every time he's been out there. I mean, you talk about this season, he went out through the first game in a monsoon, second game, gets hurt, breaks his ankle, and then what's the ankle? You know, I know, I don't know, Yeah, but yeah, it just hasn't had the best end of the stick. And but I mean, I'm excited for him obviously, get an off now, just in off season program, just to you know, get to take the reins and.
Speaker 1: And we'll see what happens because you got him. Obviously, you got the most handsome guy in the NFL, Jimmy g Yeah, and he's going to be a freezing right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Kyle Ready came out and said that he's not coming back, but he said the same thing last year too, so yeah, see.
Speaker 1: It seems like you guys kind of need that. And then he got brock Party. And then I was listening to Oh No, I was talking with Christian McCaffrey and he was saying that you guys saw him on defense and knew like he was legit study because I have taken it, had this take of people telling me. People have told me Rock Perty is not that good. He just has aliens around him. That is what I was told. You know, I can't do that. I will tell you I will we'll discuss afterwards. But this person is in the NFL, and they understand the game. Have they played against the Brock? They have not put against Brock. It's not a player. Oh, it's not a player. It's not a player. This person pulled film up for me and showed me him missing throws and different things, and he's look on brock Party. I am just giving you the information I've reached. I'm a messenger. His take on brock Party is that he is a quarterback that can do a good job of like being a manager. But he's the reason why he seems so successful is because there's aliens around him. Now, I want your take on how you feel about like seeing him in practice every day. And then when McCaffrey was when I was asking him about when Jimmy went down, Okay, he said, you guys were like, Rock is legit. Yeah, So what why am I getting two different storylines here? Oh? I don't know, Like.
Speaker 4: I'm I just think I think Brock is dope. Like I've always been a fan of his from day one. Going against him in practice, you know, you get you get guys who are the scout team quarterback and they're just like they understand their role and just like all right, I'm just gonna go out here kind of just whatever, do my thing, or just do whatever I need to do.
Speaker 1: Like Brock's mindset was I'm trying to ball. Yeah, like I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to make myself better by going against the top defense.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just a matter of you know, I'm just gonna go out here and tell him to do whatever they need me to do. Read the card like he's legit trying to get better, like he's trying to dice this up. And he was like here and there, you know, like you saw the ability in terms of like there's weeks where he's playing as like a running quarterback and he could actually like he has some wheels, like he can he had like the shiftiness and like could do the little like the little half step.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like so we saw that in practice all the time. And I'm like, he's got some to him, you know, you know the factor right, Like he's got it. You can't really describe it, but it and he has it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be an interesting I feel like for like the last fifteen years, fran San Francisco has always had like a quarterback controversity going into that year.
Speaker 4: Every year I've been there, I mean it's like, well, not necessarily off season, but every year it's always been like devastating injury off season stuff Like it's just you know, it's.
Speaker 1: The things you can't control too, because guys have an outstanding off It's a line Michael Leitchi is gonna be a free agent. Then you have literally the best player in the NFL, Trent Williams. Yes, is that something you're willing to stand right there? He's the best player in the NFL. He's up.
Speaker 3: There's top five boys. We interrupt this episode. Taylor just had to dip. He had to go to the dentist. He's got to, I guess fix a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 3: Not to get old paranol. But it's time we had to talk the talk, you know, the one about the three letter word that ends in.
Speaker 1: Not that one.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Tucks Tux and when you need a tux, the best place to go is to get one is the Black Tucks.
Speaker 1: The Black Tucks makes super.
Speaker 3: Easy to get an on trend, top quality guarantee to fit Tucks without ever leaving your house.
Speaker 1: Here style works.
Speaker 3: Take the Black Tucks Fit quiz, pick the stylue on a rock, and boom, your tuxt is delivered to your door ten days before the day that you need it. That's plenty of time to try it on and make sure it wears well on you. And if the fit is not quite right, say hello to the Black Tucks Fit Guarantee. Order a better size within a day or two of receiving the original one, and they'll send another tux right away at no extra cost. And if you'd prefer an instore experience, the Black Tucks has showrooms across the country. Their expert fit specialists will help you find the perfect style tucks or suit and make sure it fits just right. JP, Are you want to talk about your Black Tucks experience?
Speaker 1: Coming up?
Speaker 3: So JP's going to a wedding here really soon, the Black tucksment and JP before Black Tucks even came on board. And when Black Tucks did come on board, JP lit up like a Christmas tree, being like, oh dude, we're using Black Tucks for this upcome, I'll let him start talking about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, usually it is kind of hard to find a tux for a wedding and you're kind of bummed out because you're like, man, I gotta pay for another tux and you don't want to put in the work like that to do exactly. But if you don't want to put in the work like that, you go to the Black Tucks. The Black Tucks. It was like the best online shopping Tucks experience I've ever had. Can't reco cannot recommend it enough, and it was perfect. When's the wedding? Oh you already had it in April. It's coming up in April. Yeah, yeah, but they were accommodating on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing. Legit though, when when your boys getting married and.
Speaker 3: You got to go get a tux you're kind of like, fuck, gotta go. W It's like, hey, the place is going to be Men's warehouse or whatever the case may be, and you got to put in time or schedule to go in meet with them, do all the fitting and everything else. I do like this, Uh, you know, you just get on your phone, get on the app, take a little quiz what fit.
Speaker 1: You want to rock?
Speaker 5: Fire?
Speaker 1: Love that, rent or buy. The Black Tucks the best place to go when you need a tuxedo for a wedding. Or special night.
Speaker 3: Right now, when you go to black tucks dot com slash busting, use code busting, you'll save twenty dollars off your order. That's t h E B l A c K t ux dot com slash busting code busting to save twenty dollars at black tucks dot com slash busting code busting.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode, Because I look at your guys a squad. If you were on any other team, I feel like you'd be the best player on their team. Debo, same thing, McCaffrey, same thing, Like, uh, bro it is. And then you literally look around like look at all these fucking nick Bosa. You look at all these studs, and you're like, who's your best player? I'll buy some offense line, but I'm like, no, Trent, I agree, he's him? Yeah, aside for myself, I'd say Trent is that in that locker room? Is everybody like, hey, Trend's him? Yes? Bro.
Speaker 4: It's so funny watching Trent throughout the week, like just he kind of just hobbles around.
Speaker 1: You know, he's like near what like twelve or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, obviously he takes Wednesdays off and then you know he's out there Thursday does his thing, and then when he gets in the game, it's like he just goes super saying mode. Super saying mode is like, just I've never seen anything like it really ever. The combination of like the ballerina feet with like just this humongous upper body and slamming guys. Whether it's before or after the whistle doesn't matter, you know, just thought like, he's just an insane freak athlete with the mindset, you know, like of I can do this all day long, and just I don't know, He's just a.
Speaker 1: Freak, you know. He just gets and he gets away. He's so good at understanding the game and where he has to be. I feel like his like his technique is not great. If you look at him in the States, so you can literally see you can you can see like, Okay, it's gonna be a run on this player, it's gonna be a pass on this play, and literally people just still can't figure it out. Matter he goes, he does the reach round block on backside cutoffs, he knocks guys down and then all of a sudden, because he's not tread is the most talented offense line that I've ever seen. In my entire life. He is. He's not a dude that's like sprinting down field, but he picks and chooses his time to end dudes.
Speaker 4: Just like what was it the Cardinals back in twenty twenty. Twenty twenty was when it was his first year with this an open and played in the air. So it's like he had that thing, like that chip on the shoulder of like I got a show, I could still like play at the top. Yeah, so he had to just go and end what was his name, Hicks? Yeah, first play, like first game of the.
Speaker 1: Year, first game of the year, like fifteen snaps in ye, and it was like a like a Waterboys scene. He's just grunting and absolutely murdered that human being. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I've seen him do it several times now and it's like luckily not in practice, but yeah, and I would never want to play against him.
Speaker 1: Like on the other team. It's his vibe at practice. He's chilling, he's chilling, chilling. He knows he's him absolutely, And that's like not even a shot because like there are dudes you play with in the NFL that you know, like, hey, we'll see him on Sunday he's going to be a study. I ain't gotta worry. I have not I don't have to worry about him. Like he let him understand his process and he that.
Speaker 4: That is it, and everybody respects the heck out of him, bro, Like it doesn't matter, like he's he's a captain in every single year because guys truly do respect the way he goes about his business and like what comes out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: When he does choose to like say something to the team. I want you to do me a favor. I want you to rank the top five players in the San Francisco forty Niners, and yourself is included in this ranking. Okay, you take your time, we can cut out yees oh uh oh oh nice, Yeah, as long as it's not too long. Yeah, just text it, text it to me and then I'll we'll do that after.
Speaker 6: We do this.
Speaker 4: Okay, top five, Well, this is this is kind of I might hurt some feelings though, because there's like a lot of talented guys on our team.
Speaker 1: What we can do is we'll do a top five. Okay, obviously you have to put number one is number one, and then two through five can be what's that I'm saying, like two through five could be like any order. Yeah exactly, you five could be your two. But we just know if gets the top five guys, and we'll give a couple of honorable mentions. Is you guys are legit stacked good?
Speaker 4: Well, then I'll put myself at one, as he took that personally, I said was the best play the team. Humbly, I'll put myself at one, and then two through five. I mean, you for sure gotta go Trent Bosa, George God see, I can't do I don't know. I can't do like four guys because right then you.
Speaker 1: Have honorable mentions. I know they're legit both the same player. Well, yeah, you had a running back that can play receiver and a receiver and they can play running back.
Speaker 4: But in there too liked, well, he'd be god.
Speaker 1: Tier we do. We do a thing on the show called tears. Actually, we'll just do tears talk right now. That way we don't have to do it. Okay, who are you aware of your talk? That's okay? All right? So Tier Talk is basically what we're doing right now, except for it's gonna become a little harder. It'll be our top three. Now, for the sake of the argument, I will say you are the best player on the San FRANSCOO forty nine Ers, which right now is putting you. Because there's an agreement, you are now god tier. We've opened up the one slot, the two slot, and the three slot, and we'll both let ourselves have two honorable mentions. Okay, so you can go first. You can give your honorable mentions for the Niners. For the Niners, I will go second.
Speaker 4: So it's the same. Okay, So I'm going one through five again.
Speaker 1: You're going one through five, but you're gonna start at five now. But there's more skin in the game now because you are putting them in order. Now, that's what I'm saying. Isn't that tough?
Speaker 4: That's really tough. We can put the sure put Trent Bosa two and three.
Speaker 1: I mean you could. You could sit there, you could flip flop either of them. No way.
Speaker 4: Since we talking about trend as the best player in the league, then we'll put them at two. Bosa's one deep player of the year. Sorry, buddy, You're three is what it is? Four and five I would, I would four and five is tough because you got three I got three guys in mind, obviously, Deebo, Christian and George.
Speaker 1: One of those has to sit in a honorable mention.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put Christian Deebo four and five, and I'm gonna put George honorable mentioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, yeah, because you know George is gonna be the coolest with that exactly. George my boy, So you know it's gonna be all good. He I asked him to come on and did a co host got ghosted. That's okay, that is that's the game. He actually tried to call me, I think as we were talking. Yeah, really yeah, we uh did. George is the best, all right, He's great. So he put you at God's here. You are at God's Here. So my number one it's gonna go to Trent Williams. My number two will be George Kittle, Okay. My number three is going to be Deebo m for Christian. I've nick anybody, yeah and then now and so now this is an offense. Guy thought I have a built an insurance policy on that. Okay. Is Nick Bosa as quiet and calm and collected as it is, because there's a video I think it's you hyping the boys upn't agree more and agree more, agree more, actually like that all the time. Dude.
Speaker 4: I didn't even realize he said that in the moment because I'm obviously like he said to himself, he just kind of said he kind of turned around and said, agree more, agree more. And when I saw the clip, I don't know, how may it kind of you know, I didn't like it, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Like this is how you're doing me?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was funny. It was hilarious. That whole entire mic. That was comedy. But that's him to a tea. Yeah, he's did He's funny. His brother seems the same way. His brother took a fat ol before you guys lost the NFC Championship.
Speaker 1: You saw that. How are you? How are the what are the Eagles fan? They've got to be the most rabid fan base. Absolutely, not even close. It's not even close. They're scary human beings. Yeah, they're they're literally like last of us. They're flipping the bird.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter if you're if you're a two year old, or if you're fifty or sixty, like they're they're all flipping the bird.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're a fan of an opposite team and the Eagles and they're playing the Eagles and you bring your two year old with you. You're a bad parent. Yes, you need to find a babysitter that day to war, Yes you are. Yeah. Tactically, how do you think what do you think Joey went wrong in that situation? Was it calling the butt buddy snapchat or was it or was it that age old I'm rich comment? That do you think tactically he probably didn't handle himself the best way?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm like, I mean that's I think that's just Joey though, like you know, bless his heart, just out there, just the ultimate every fighting every single Philly fan, like they're all gonna coming at him and he's just taking him on.
Speaker 1: Because if I'm if I'm Joey, I did like the butt buddy comment. I thought that was funny. Yeah, But the rich part, that's you're gonna lose that battle ten times out of ten every time. So that's when you just got to let him half his moment, dapt him up and make him become a friend, right right, and might lose, yes, and then they lose because the Eagles, bro, they really they're crazy. I know, and they're about to be Super Bowl champions by ten points right now? Did you already put that bet down? Or I don't bet. I am not associated with but the bus at all because I'm technically still an active NFL player. Oh my gosh, you're right. Yeah, all right. Maybe it's kind of like against the rules for even talking about it. Maybe, but actually it won't matter. Yeah, neither of us bet. Will does. He flaunts that thing around, though he does bet a lot. Right. Oh yeah, all right, the Will questions, let me read this first. I'm not good at reading. Hold on, all right, he said, I'm not good at reading. No chilling. I got in yesterday morning. It's Scottsdale got Airbnb. I mean all all the the hotels were booked up. Yeah. You know, this is Will just blowing him and then asking a question, Oh what are the things?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, are you ready? Yeah. As a linebacker, there are guys who run and hit, guys who can cover, and are predominantly third down passing down players. You can essentially do it all. You have speed, you meet people with bad intentions. You can run run the middle of the field from the a gap that's by the way, that was very cool when you did that. Uh, it's rare to find a complete linebacker. What are things you've done as a player outside of genetic ability that's allows you to grow and play at such a high level. Question One that was from will whoat of all, Yeah, one of your heroes. That's got to be a huge to hear from.
Speaker 4: That was huge, right there. Yeah, that was very nice, very nice of them, and thank you. But yeah, I mean, and I bro when I came in, like I was nowhere even close to I got the player I am now. Like, first of all, I was, I played out of position in college. I wouldn't say out of position honestly helped me now being in the league now playing Mike backer, I played like almost nickel like out in space a lot. So when I got to the league, having that background allowed me to feel more comfortable in space. So they're like, all right, we're gonna plug in at Mike and kind of see how you do. We're not really sure where to put you. And Demiko being a Mike backer, like he was the perfect like coach for me to come under. Okay, well that kind of sounded weird, but the perfect coach for me to learn from because like he like from day one, I remember where you know, in Otash, you know, rookies have extra like walk through time in between practices or something, and we're I'm like, he's we're going through plays and I'm in the huddle with some of the other rookies and I'm like, all right, Compton, real break, yeah whispering right, I don't. I mean, I've never given calls before. And Demico grass me briefly aside, Hey, you the Mike Becker, like you need to make sure that you run you run the show, you run the show, speak up and let these boys know.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, whoa, all right, yea. From then on our brow.
Speaker 4: He never had to tell me anything ever again, Like in terms of like running the show, I'm out there and practice, I'm screaming the calls at the top of my lungs, screaming them.
Speaker 1: Was it that big of a flip? Right away? Absolutely? Right away? Click? Just like that.
Speaker 4: Like for some reason, I don't know, I was blessed with being able to like retain information and coaching and all that kind of stuff like it, I get things fairly quickly, so like I was screaming them calls like and Kyle I think went in to the media and was like laughing about it, like yeah, this Warner kid, like he's screaming the calls out there. I mean you gotta tell him, like so the offense can't hear like the calls. He needs to like you know, ton them down maybe a little bit. But yeah, I mean I just literally I dove in after like I got in the league and I realized, like from the outside looking in, when you're not in the league's it looks like everybody's like like like it's like, Wow, you put these guys on a pedestal your whole life all grown. Man, you see the best of the best, the Bobby Wagners, everybody, Aaron Rodgers, like all these players that you look up up to, and then you finally in it and you're like, okay, like they're still good, but it's not like they're like you're right there with them now. So like I literally just dove in and I worked like no other and I dedicated my whole life to just ball. Like I got a office now where it's just dedicated to film, Like I'm just sitting there pounding film throughout the week and it's just purely for film, like my diet, the things I watch, like the podcast I listened to, the YouTube videos I watched, like Busting with the Boys, you know, just kind of taking notes and like everything I do is dedicated to ball bro Like it's nothing nothing else besides obviously making my wife happy. But I'm just like completely obsessed with it, Like this is all. This is my whole life, so since ever since I dedicated everything to it, it's all, you know, allow me to to floorish.
Speaker 1: Ausk Will's next question, But you said something about at the end of that little thing, like along with making my wife happy, how hard is it to find that balance between your personal life and your professional life, because especially during the season, it's all consuming, right, and you can feel them. I'm married, I have two kids. You can feel them being like what about us? Sometimes and it's it's very difficult because it brings a level of guilt and you know their feelings are valid. So how do you work through that process during the season, Because I when I'm in a locker room and I see a bunch of guys and they all seem fine. In the back of my head, I'm like, man, I got to do more for my family, but also I gotta I can't. I got to make sure I do everything I can to win on Sunday. Dude, I come from like a tight knit family. I've been a family guy my whole life.
Speaker 4: You know. You know, being married was my greatest accomplishment to date, you know is and I obviously we want to start a family soon. And I mean you mentioned it like during the season it is tough like and that's that's another reason why, like we're a perfect match and why I married her because she understands. So she understands in season, like I'm like, all my time is gonna be dedicated to ball. Yeah, we we got our Friday date nights. But aside from that, like it's not a whole lot of time for anything else.
Speaker 1: You know, Friday date nights, you're probably still thinking things in forty eight hours, bro, thinking about the game plan. You're never you're never truly present, especially during the season. Right and then, uh, this is more me because I do this when I finish the season. It kind of feels like it takes me like two or three weeks to really like decompress, Like I have an anxiety, like I should be doing this, I should be doing that, and then even those two reasons, you're not like truly present either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough, bro, seriously, I mean, especially when you lose in the fashion that we like that we lose, Bro, I can only imagine instantly unfortunately. But you know when you get to the highest point of the mountain and then you kind of got to take a sharp you know, downfall, right, and it's like it take that takes some time to kind of let off. But you know, the off season is is crucial though, in terms of like just spending time and together and doing things together, taking trips and doing that sort of thing. But even then, it's the ball never really the way he is not always there, you know, So it is.
Speaker 1: A tormenting thing. I got one more question from Will. I gotta read it first, go ahead, very long. Yeah, your reading great? All right? How hold on? I did this name in the first word? Are you happy that you're good enough now to where the special team coach will never bother you again?
Speaker 4: You don't even know his name, do you? You don't even know the special team coach's name. The reason why it's so funny to me is because obviously Will's been there. Yeah, obviously both of you are in it, so you understand, well, he understands that as like a linebacker not having to be in those meetings you like, you kind of know you've made it like not having to do this Special Teams anymore. Yeah, No, I mean, I'm hey, whatever they need me to do, but it does it is nice to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't got to do the whatever name. You're doing everything they need you to do right now. There you go, you have done that, paid to play Mike Backer.
Speaker 4: Unfortunate I'm not unfortunately, very fortunately fortunately, but unfortunately for I guess our Special Teams group.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I'm not contributing too much over there. Do you think you ever like you're extremely successful? You have so much opportunity to possibly wear a jacket the way you're playing right now when your career is over. Thank you ever have a hard time understanding how much success you've had, or like really accepting a compliment when people give it to you. Absolutely, Yeah, I try to. I try better.
Speaker 4: I try to be better about it about just you know, genuinely like saying thank you, like to people who give me compliments instead of like trying to deflect.
Speaker 1: There's not a whole lot of time for for reflection though.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like you're when you're so dialed in, you're and you're in it. There's this constant quest for like just the next like what's next, what's next? So there's never a time to like really sit down and be like, okay, like I've done some cool things, right a little bit, there's a little bit of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not right now. It would be a perfect time that you would be reflecting that the season just ended, right, How cool was that? All Pro I'm a stun right, and then you get back to it.
Speaker 4: But I never I don't even let myself get there because you know what, you know what I did after my third season, I was the first team All Pro Pro Bowl first time, right, Yeah, and I think I may have It's not like I don't even think I've rested on it either. It's like I reflected though, and let myself not feel that like the things that got me here in the first place, like all the knocks on me, like the chip on my shoulder, all those things, like I let those things go. I'm like, okay, I'm him now, like all right, whatever, let me let me let go of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they they.
Speaker 4: Gotta stay there, gotta stay there, like you gotta. You gotta understand what got you here, what those things were said about you. You know, like that that inner fire that gets you going like and gets you about of bed and to be at your best. Yeah, you know, like that's what That's what drives me, That's what keeps me going. And so you know, I'll never really be able to reflect until the whole thing's over. Really, I think, you know, like you, I mean, the goal is to be the best ever, the goal with Super Bowls, and then it'll come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll come. It's a team game, and we got a good team. It's for the safety of you having the same production that you've had. Your mindset is correct now. I will tell you someone that has had success in this league has made Pro Bowls. It has been all pro and you don't take time to reflect on it. When you've had two acls in three years. You look back on those things and you really think, like, man, I really wish I don't know if you watch the Office, but it's always like I wish I knew I was in the good old times. So someone could tell me so I could appreciate it more so I would. I would hope that you take a little bit of that and just I don't know, go celebrate with a nice vacation for sure, and really sit with yourself and be like, dude, because you're the fucking man like you really like in the NFL. Like when you were a child, right, you're talking about you growing up and stuff like that, that child would look at you and be like, dude, that guy's so fucking cool. That's true, and you've like really done that and that's like that's that's a incredible feelings so real.
Speaker 4: It's the dream. Yeah, it really is the dream, Like this is a dream.
Speaker 1: Do you when when did you think, like, seeing where you're at now, when did you think to yourself, oh, that's an attainable goal. Like at what age did you think, Oh, I'm going to make the NFL and I'm going to be a dude in this NFL. I guess that's two separate questions.
Speaker 4: It is things like being being in the NFL and being a dude in the NFL are two completely different things. Like, I mean, making it is hard enough and then being the one percent of the one percent is like insane. Yeah, but yeah, I mean I thought I knew for sure. I always wanted to be in the NFL. That's always like, you know, you have your little kid dreams of I want to I want to play in the NFL when I grew up, you know, but it seemed real when I got to college and like after my second season, like my coaches were telling me like, hey, like teams are you know, giving you draft grades of if you know, like when you do come out, I'm okay, Like it seems like it's right there, it's attainable. Yeah, And then getting in the league and knowing that I could possibly be amongst the top, probably late in my second year started balling a little bit. I got a couple of like player of the week's Player of the month, and was making plays against the top guys. A Rod I think that was the year. Was that the year and my third year was when a Rod after the game told me He's like, you're the best, like you should be all pro. And I'm like, well, yes, yeah, hell, yes, that's what I was validating, Like, yeah, it's Aaron Rodgers, like the like the best of the best.
Speaker 1: So that's a that's awesome. It's going from b YU too, like that's a factory out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, we got we got, we got kicked. We got kicked in pretty good by mission my second year. Good yeah, good good, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Nice. Oh he's got her all soon? All right, one last thing, speaking of b YU, you have an offer to every single school in the country. You can't go to b YU. Where is the school that you would go right now? Right now? Yes? Because mine has kind of changed over That's why I asked that mine's changed a little bit, as I've mentioned an, I'll give you mine in a little bit. I want to hear yours.
Speaker 4: So my team, like we talked about my team growing up, dream team was USC, and I think now with obviously Lincoln Riley there easily go to USC.
Speaker 1: I'd easily go to USC, played with Yeah, all right, mine was growing up Pete Carroll at USC.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: And then that was when Colt McCoy was at Texas and I was like, dude, those two schools, it would be fucking awesome. Yeah. Nice. As I get older and if I couldn't go to Michigan, I think, uh, dude, I think l s U is a fucking cool school. Really. Yes, I dated a girl in college that went to LSU, so I spent some time in Baton Rouge. The campus is rad. The stadium aarently is amazing, like in game experience. So that's like I feel like that's where I would lean to see my wife wins Obama. Yeah, so she's actually probably gonna be angry. I didn't say Bama, but there it's Obama boy. Yeah, roll tied. Oh yeah, nice brother. It's been an absolute pleasure for having you on this podcast. Than you, it has been amazing. That was an awkward handshake from me. I kind of got you. We'll get another one when it's over. But seriously, a huge fan of you after meeting you, I'm an even bigger fan now. I hope all the success for you. Hopefully you guys are in the super Bowl next year. For all of you watching, please subscribe, Please rate five stars. Bake hugs, tiny kisses,