Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again? Yes, up it up, you're here with us. You are here with us again.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, did we ever get music for our intro?
Speaker 2: But do we have music?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, yes, we have music, but like, should we spice it up? So should change our music?
Speaker 1: No? Well remember people were like somebody said we needed to and then someone said no.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so we're gonna leave it as is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, Yeah we're gonna leave our music alone because maybe we should be like boomsh' weird boom check a Okay, that might be weird.
Speaker 1: How you feeling I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been raining a lot.
Speaker 2: I've been concerned about Robin Dixon because you you.
Speaker 3: Like fluctuate with the weather.
Speaker 1: I know, and I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I know it might be a shady moment.
Speaker 1: It is an incredibly shady moment.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's so frustrating. It's just you know, we'll have like some days where it's like so beautiful and yeah, right, and then you have like four days of rain and cold.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've switched my AC and my heat on and off. It's four times, right, It's ridiculous, right, it's crazy. So the point where I've stopped and I'm like, the kids are cold in the house, I'm like, I don't care. Yeah, right exactly, y'all just get a blanket, right, And remember I talked about my AC, my pross with my AC, right, yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that was fixed. He found the leak quickly and fixed it. So hopefully, well hopefully it lasts throughout the summer. But yeah, it's like, didn't even need.
Speaker 3: To know, now fix it. You have a shady moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do have a shady moment. It's kind of stupid. So you know with the bridge that collapsed, the Key bridge, Yes, right, So lately or recently they were they were planning a demolition of it because there's a large portion of the bridge that's sitting on top of the cargo ship. So they can't move the cargo ship because it's like, I don't know, crazy amount of tons and tons and tons of steels sitting on top of this cargo ship. So every time they planned the demolition, I was like, oh, yes, I'm going to tune in. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Right, they're going to show it on TV. Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's like big news. So they had scheduled it for one time, for one day, and then they rescheduled it. I'm like, okay, darn. Then they reschedule it again. So they rescheduled it twice. So finally the other day it was scheduled, they had a time. The news crews were out there. So I was sitting by my TV and I tuned to the And I live in an area where I get both Baltimore and DC news, So I made the choice to watch the Baltimore News specifically because I was like, Oh, this is a Baltimore issue. They're going to be yes, they're going to be covering it from every angle. You know, they're going to be really serious about this. So I tuned into the NBC Baltimore station and they were on site and the girls. You know, it's like it was scheduled to be demolished at five oh two, right, Okay, something like that or five o'clock. So the reporters out there and you can tell like she's killing time because it's not They're like not ready yet, right, So they're like on the air and they just keep talking about, oh, yes, and here's you know, the there's the boat, and we're waiting for it to be you know, we're waiting for the demolition to gohl blah blah blah. And so they're waiting time to kill. They're killing time. And then so finally they go to this clip. They're like, we're going to go to a clip of Nancy Pelosi talking about the bridge collapse. Right, we don't want to hear from Nancy, right, So they go to Nancy. They go to Nancy and she's talking blah blah blah blah, and then all of a sudden you hear boom.
Speaker 2: No, no, so y'all missed it.
Speaker 3: Missed it. Oh my god, looking at Nancy missed it. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: They missed it, and it was and it was so funny because you could tell they were like, oh, they were like well because then so then the next shot of the boat and the bridge you see is with the bridge, you know, not there anymore or you know.
Speaker 3: The steal these people.
Speaker 1: So they were like they were like, well, we're gonna, yes, we they went off really quickly, and we're gonna we're gonna roll the footage later when we get the footage from the helicopter.
Speaker 2: Like, because they didn't get the footage, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I was like, you've got to be kidding the news.
Speaker 3: It was the NBC, NBC ten eleven, NBC Baltimore outlet. Ye, yes, crazy, that's actually insane.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so disappointed because I was like excited to watch it even though it's so crazy. When I finally saw it, it was literally a split second like, yes, what they did?
Speaker 3: Well, have you seen them blow up houses?
Speaker 1: Like when they yeah, or like buildings when the buildings come down.
Speaker 2: When they're like redoing it. What's it called like rebuilding? When theever rebuilding? Yeah, because I haven't seen on my street on a regular basis, not on a regular basis, but at least they've done that with two houses and it is like two seconds you throw a bomb in that thing and it is over. I kind of it's like you drive down the street one day, there's something there, there's a house there, right, you drive, you go to the store, you get some food, you come back and everything is rubble.
Speaker 3: It's nothing there, nothing.
Speaker 1: It's insane. Well that's nice. That's a nice, quick and easy way to do it. Yeah, yeah, that is so.
Speaker 3: Thraw a bomb in. You need to be able to throw a bomb in a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot of things, relationships, I don't know, stuff, Yeah, throw a bomb in it.
Speaker 3: Okay. So my actually, my shady moment is with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, you're in the hot seat.
Speaker 2: So a couple of weeks ago, a couple of episodes ago, you talked about like blueberries and oh my gosh, I eat blueberries all the time, in blueberries and I put them in the freezer and yeah, yeah yeah, and oh my god, I'm so smart. So I was like yeah, and he said I'm so smart and bata da da da you said that. So I said, well, I am, I got to go get some blueberries. Okay, Robin, I am so smart right now, and I am Albert Einstein.
Speaker 1: Are really I didn't know you could get any smarter.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's that, but I am so smart right now. And I'm like, Robin should have told me this a long time.
Speaker 1: For a long time, so it was my fault.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, but I'm eating blueberries. My whole life is better.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, really that I'm super smart. So we call in my house Angel, who's very smart. She's our four point tour. We we affectionately call her Einstein. No, I'm sorry, call her Albert.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're smart? Okay, you're right.
Speaker 2: I forgot so, you know, I forget everything, and I can't remember nothing. I can remember everything now and I am up there toe to toe with Albert Einstein in my house, also known as Major from the blueberries.
Speaker 1: Okay, not from the.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: For brushing your teeth with your left hand, that's you.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing I'm doing both. Is both?
Speaker 1: It's both. It's got to be both. It's got to be Did you see the clip?
Speaker 3: Yes? Clip? Yeah? Did you send a clip? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I posted on the recently shady account. Okay, the clip of the lady talking about brushing your teeth with your left, non dominant hand.
Speaker 3: Have you tried it? I have?
Speaker 1: Okay, I've done it a few times. I forget to be consistent with it, but it's it's work. Yeah, it definitely is, like you're very intentional, like you're very like you're like yeah, and then when you go to like the other side, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, well, but the first time you did it, did you feel very much like a third grader?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then like the third time I did it, I was better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I'm I got it handled now, Like I'm really good.
Speaker 1: So are you still doing it?
Speaker 3: Of course you have been. I and the smartest person alive. Okay, blueberries and left handed brushing teeth, there's no stopping me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get let's let's keep it going.
Speaker 3: It's going to keep it going now.
Speaker 2: I do want to give a shout out because Maryland, so Angela also also Brokes Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Is I saying her last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, also Broke Brooks.
Speaker 3: Yeah she won last night.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the senate race. For this the primary Senate race, that's the Democratic Senate race.
Speaker 3: Yes, in Maryland.
Speaker 1: That was big time because huge Her opponent, David Tron has been spent sixty million dollars of his own money. Oh, supposedly he has sixty million. Yeah, I'm like, what is Yeah, we got to find out. Maybe because he's a business I.
Speaker 2: Heard he has million. He spent millions of his own money. But I heard his total. I thought his total was like sixty million.
Speaker 1: No, what do you mean the totals?
Speaker 2: His totals his total spend, oh like donations and all that he raised.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. Okay, I heard it was sixty million of his own money. I don't know which. So regardless, he spent a huge He had a huge chunk of money that he spent.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and listen, the ads was running twenty folk seven on TV.
Speaker 1: He got a very early start, yep, because I remember getting slammed with emails and text messages and it was too you know, Yeah, it was a lot. He got an early start. I feel like Angela also Brooks. I didn't start seeing commercials for her until recently, like a month ago at least, And David Torone had been going hard, hard in the paint. So yeah, good for her. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: I think, just been doing things big up in Maryland. She had the backing of Wes Moore, who's the governor, Ben Card and who's the congressman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super proud of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and she's she comes from PG County, so hopefully in the general election in November.
Speaker 1: She will win and be Yeah, that's that's a big one because she has to beat our former governor, yes, Larry Hogan, so that'll be a tough race, so we'll have to all get behind her. She actually, my hairstylist does her hair, so I'll see her in the shower sometimes.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, okayherlok at Shirley getting around. Of course, Shirley does her hair, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that was big.
Speaker 3: Speaking of hair, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am loving this Gail King on the cover of Yes, that's not folks, Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 3: Look at Gail. Yes, it's supermodel, But that's like two is it two years in a row?
Speaker 1: Because they did Martha Storart, didn't they do Martha Storret last year? Was that two years ago? Martha store might have been two years ago.
Speaker 3: It might have been. But this year's Gail King. Yes, and Gail is so freaking happy. Yes, she looks amazing, She looks incredible, She looks.
Speaker 1: Amazing, She looks great. And I love the direction that Sports Illustrated has gone with this issue because it's not just supermodels like I remember, you know, when I was young, it was all of the top name supermodels are emerging supermodels and you know, very tall, very skinny people that you definitely don't relate to. Right, you don't see yourself, you don't, you know. I'm like, I don't ever see these people walking down the street. But Gail you see walking down the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, we love Gail King, Yes, yes, so, and.
Speaker 1: You know, and I'm not going to hate Patrick Mahomes's wife is in it, and people don't really like her. But she looked good.
Speaker 3: She got you. Oh she's in this. I thought she was in another one.
Speaker 1: No, she's in this one.
Speaker 3: She's in this.
Speaker 2: Uh huh Okay, I just yeah, let's move on. Yeah, I have other things to say about her, but.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like, I know, we don't. Yeah, people don't like her, but.
Speaker 2: But we don't want to take her. We don't want to take Gail's shot. Gail, you did it, girl, you did the thing.
Speaker 1: She sure died. I know. Oprah is proud. It's gonna be Oprah next.
Speaker 3: You think, no, because Oprah has own magazine, Like, why would she do that?
Speaker 1: True? Yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 3: This is next. Next it'll be Tina Nosh. That would be great, right, that would be nice. I would like to see that. Yes, Tina's doing good things. So I saw.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the person was, but Tina was washing their hair like the girl had been wearing braids forever. I think it was on Tina's page. The girl I had been wearing braids for like twenty years or something. So finally she took her braids out. Her hair was jacked up just because she'd been wearing braids for so long and never didn't have braids. Tina washed her hair, conditioned us all the sacred products. Their hair was looking good, real, shiny, beautiful, amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh I missed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, go Tina.
Speaker 1: Speaking of hair and braids, did you see the video of the school teacher, the male school teacher having his braids taken out by his students?
Speaker 3: Yes? Didn't he get fired?
Speaker 1: Did he get I know there was a lot of backlash, right, I don't know if he got fired, but I know there was like a debate, you know. I was like listening to the radio and there's a debate. It was like, Okay, is this okay or not? Like would you as a parent, would you be upset with this or would you be okay with this?
Speaker 3: And apparently he got.
Speaker 1: Permission from those students' parents. But I just think, regardless, that is like completely inappropriate profession.
Speaker 2: What are you teaching that you're I mean, like, are we doing this to count the braids?
Speaker 3: Is this math class?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What class is this?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I need I should have pulled up more information.
Speaker 4: He says he asked four to five of his students, who he calls besties, for help.
Speaker 3: A couple of these were students from my class, but others were students from other classes.
Speaker 4: He says, he only picked students that were finished with work, and it all happened during the last ten minutes of class. Countless belongs and headlines claiming White has been fired. That's false. Our source Prince George's County Schools. They tell us the teacher in question has been reassigned out of the classroom pending the outcome of the investigation.
Speaker 1: But no, I just thought, But the first of all, what it doesn't matter with the point is that just crosses a line of like personal Like it's like a personal boundary line. Yeah, like hygiene wise, like they shouldn't be having their hands up in his hair.
Speaker 3: No, like that's not for the children to do that you're teaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, Ever, folks are strange these days.
Speaker 3: Can we get to the met gala?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because a lot went down.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we yeah, and we kind of missed it, we kind of episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, So let's let's get into it. Let's discuss well, first and foremost, who did you love the best? Because crazily, my mother called me and she was like, oh my gosh, she said, we have to talk about the Met Gallen.
Speaker 3: She never wants to talk about the metal, so.
Speaker 2: She was like, who is your favorite? I'm like, and when she was asking me, I drew a blank. I'm like, I can't even remember what anyone had on. She said, I love my girls India.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yes, okay, Sindea was everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, loved her, Yes, I love Zindaia, But I thought she I loved her. I think she nailed it, but I think it was it was she was like full on in costume, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yes, she took she was acting a bit on the carpet, which I loved that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I love that. But I thought the most beautiful, prettiest in theme outfit or you know, whatever you want to call ensemble? Was Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 3: I thought nick My mother I said, NICKI nailed it.
Speaker 2: Yes, because her flowers were real flower Yeah. It was like a three D yes. Yeah, a three D situation. Yes, and not because we love Niki. Yeah, y'all know, NICKI nailed it. Yes, it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was and it was so like the colors they were so bright and they popped, and her makeup like everything was just perfect, was perfect. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I did like Jenelle Monnet. I thought she looked beautiful. They didn't really feature her much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: I thought Jennifer Lopez looked Jennifer Lopez like she it was like, okay, so it's another night going specially.
Speaker 1: Here are you going to the Oscars?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The met the Grammys, Like yeah, yeah, sounds I think Mindy Kayling. It was really pretty. Mindy Kayling. She's like the Indian actress. I think she was on the office. Oh yes, yes, yes, she had like a real big kind of something Organza type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, materials. She was good. I think that.
Speaker 2: My mother asked me, she was like, so what about the guys, Like, what do you think about the guy. No, let's get back to let's get back to this day really quickly. So you know L Roach who styles her. Yeah, and he's been working with her since forever. I said, Roach or law Roach, butl Roach.
Speaker 1: So it was this Law Roach.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. His name is law.
Speaker 1: His name is Law.
Speaker 3: Said.
Speaker 2: He talked about the story about how back in the day, like he went to all the top designers and they were like, no, so now it's still a enough. Like now they're coming to him, Gucci, Louistan, all them people and she's like or they're like, no, I freaking it's forever a no, No, it's forever a no babe.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm gonna apply that to my right, Okay, I know, and with having nothing to do with any fashions.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's beautiful that she's in a position that she can do that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's the beautiful part that's called pretty woman. Yeah, it's a flex and it's definitely a flex.
Speaker 2: And and a lot of times people try to make it so that they can be pursued by all these big brands, right the Kim Kardashians, all them.
Speaker 3: But for her to stick to like nah, yeah, good right, I'm good. I don't need y'all. No, I freaking love it. No, yeah, yeah, so yeah, I love that too. Big brands need to be nicer and better because I can. You can only imagine those letters that came back like.
Speaker 2: I, no, right, she's not she's not she's not big enough, and they probably said rude shit, like she's not important enough.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah she's not, she's not mainstream enough.
Speaker 3: Yes, And Zindana said, how you like me now?
Speaker 1: Right, bitches?
Speaker 3: I love fun personality like she. I love her. How old is she now?
Speaker 1: She's still like very very very young, like early twenties.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: I always said when she was coming up, because I when she was doing Disney was when my kids were watching Disney all the time, because they were young. And I always said, because then she came out with music and then she was doing you know, she had the acting obviously.
Speaker 3: From from Disney, and then she was dancing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I always said, if twenty body, she's twenty seven. I said, if anybody can come for Beyonce day, no one could even stand a chance. Really, I think bud Zenda because she sings, she acts very well, and she dances extremely well.
Speaker 1: See I'm not familiar with her singing or dancing.
Speaker 3: Because I mean I know it from Disney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she she has worked ethic like no other, so that would be the only person. But I mean Beyonce's ain't nobody come up for B right, Yeah, but Zendea could one day, yeah if.
Speaker 3: She tried real hard. Okay, So let's get to Cardi B. Yeah, because this actually kind of pissed me off because I'm a Cardi.
Speaker 1: Fan, are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like, you know when she talked like that, did you see when she came in with a big black thing when she was at the hotel? Was that her in the trash bag?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a trash bag. It was her dress, I think, all wrapped up or something. It was something like it was, yes, because when she was on a carpet, it was it was her. And then like the train which was jumongous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then someone asked her who's who made your dress? Was right?
Speaker 1: And what she said he was Asian?
Speaker 3: She said some Asian design, not right. And that's insane.
Speaker 2: That is beyond no, that is insane, it's rude, it's disrespectful. Yes, that man whoever the designer was, the time that it took for him to do, Like those people don't put on dresses just like because they got it a week ago. No, it's just months and months of months working on collaboratively, working with the designer and you don't know his name.
Speaker 1: And how long did it take for them just to make that dress?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hand, you know, hand sew it whatever. I think I think I heard Jennifer Lopez's dress had like four million and crystals on it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's stupid, but this, this is actually this man's career, right, this is.
Speaker 1: This is all a huge moment, huge and he.
Speaker 3: Can't get a name and you say some Asian an Asian designer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So wait, so she gets on IG to defend what she said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you hear what she said?
Speaker 3: No? She said, oh my gosh, y'all don't know what I was going through at the time. Everybody is coming for me, and I don't appreciate it because I was going through a lot. So let me tell you what happened. I got out there and I was so stressed, and you guys don't know how stressful it can be.
Speaker 2: Everybody's taking pictures of you and then they ask you who's the designer?
Speaker 3: I mean I just forgot? And like, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Bit?
Speaker 1: What? What? You forgot because you're stressed? How about that designer is probably stressed trying to meet your deadline? Hello, Like like what and where are her people to be? Like?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, where do people to be?
Speaker 1: Like the name of the designer is like to drill it in her head.
Speaker 3: Let's practice. Let's practice before we let's practice like two days before. That's that's number one. Number two.
Speaker 1: Now, if she paid for I imagine she probably did not even pay for the dress.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Not so if she paid for the dress and she forgot the name of the designer, then you know you can't be super mad. I mean, it still would be nice to recognize.
Speaker 2: No, there were no. No, I don't care if she paid for it or not. First of all, that's your only job.
Speaker 1: Well, right, I know, I'm just saying it would be it would have It would be a little bit better if she paid for it.
Speaker 2: And nobody wearing any of those dresses paid for them. No, not right, person, It is her only job to say his name.
Speaker 1: That's your only job.
Speaker 2: You failed CARDI, Yes, big time, and I'm and don't ever do that again.
Speaker 1: So have we ever heard like the designer's reaction to that. No?
Speaker 2: But I think Vogue there was a there was a Vogue writer that was the one that was like, this is some bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I stand behind that person.
Speaker 1: That's just inconsiderate. And I think that happens when people think the world revolves around them, Yeah, and they don't realize that there's so many other people that are putting an energy and effort to make things happen for you, right, and they just can't see, you know, they just think that they are the prize and that's it.
Speaker 2: Guess who else is the prize? Who thought Stormy Daniels? Okay, so let's get into it.
Speaker 3: There's a court case going on, people, and she gave all the details?
Speaker 1: Does she give all of them?
Speaker 2: She gave a lot of details about the sex capade with Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Like he gets there with stains on his rope. Like she comes in, he has stains on his rope. What kind of things?
Speaker 2: We don't know and I don't want to know, for the love of God. And they're having sex and she's like smacking him on the button. Oh shit with a magazine.
Speaker 1: I don't hear that part. I didn't, Okay, I didn't hear her testimony. I read she wrote the stuff in the book in a book too or something. Yes, And she said his penis looked like a mushroom. That even a mushroom. You know what a mushroom.
Speaker 3: I know what a mushroom looks like that next to any penis that doesn't mix, that doesn't match.
Speaker 1: That's that's what stood out to me.
Speaker 3: A mushroom.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so wait.
Speaker 3: She's so she said it was a very quick encounter, like four seconds and no, I don't know if she said for seconds. And she said that, yeah, he was very excited, he was very happy. And she was like, oh man, this was a waste of time.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. What But I understand the reason for the trial is to, you know, because he paid herne hush money and campaign funds. Was it with campaign funds?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or it's like he I didn't know it was a crime to like classify your books.
Speaker 3: Wrong.
Speaker 1: I guess it is, yeah, I guess it is. Okay, Yes, well I mean not do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but do we need to go over our reasonably shady books, Like, what's happening here? What's what are you saying? What's happening?
Speaker 1: I'm just I didn't know. It was like, damn, that big deal.
Speaker 2: If you're running for president, you can't do anything wrong really like because they're coming after you and everything can be deemed a crime.
Speaker 3: So you have to like really do everything by the law, right.
Speaker 2: And putting taking money and putting taking campaign money and not how do we.
Speaker 1: Know it was campaign money? How did they know it was campaign.
Speaker 2: Michael Cohen and the other guy can't remember his name? They know, oh okay, yeah, and so and there was there was a discussion about how much to pay because I think they were going to pay her one eighty Oh no, they wanted her to get one fifty after taxes. Okay, So like there was a discussion about how much to pay her or something crazy like this is all illegal.
Speaker 1: So crazy, right, And and then it's because they classified it as legal fees. They classified it incorrectly. Yes, but what do you classify it as?
Speaker 2: You classify it as he should have just paid her out of his own pocket, right, But I think that would have been legal. I think to say, hey, keep your mouth shut, and here's I'm gonna break you off some money. But he had all these other people doing it, and when other people get involved, it's like, okay, this is this is now something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't legal fees. It was it was getting some ass.
Speaker 1: Fees, money, prostitution.
Speaker 2: It was wife, And it wasn't just like I don't want my wife to know.
Speaker 3: It was like I don't want the world.
Speaker 1: The world's right, Oh, you didn't care about millennia, like because he's worried about the world. But my thing is, why do they need to go into the details of the of the the sex.
Speaker 2: Because we have to prove that it really happened. Right, So if she can say his penis is like a mushroom, then.
Speaker 1: And then and then they and then they make him pull his penis out in court.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they took a picture.
Speaker 1: They're like a mushroom, mushroom.
Speaker 3: They're like, yes, sponge fun guy mushrooms like all fun guy.
Speaker 1: They're like fungus or fun guy. Yes, right, yes, but.
Speaker 2: They so so this is funny. So Sonny Austin from the view is going to some of the she's because you know, it's close to the so she's in there. Sometimes she said, he's like, looks like a shade of orange, Like his spray tan is so bad that he looks orange?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? And angry he I mean, that's what he's been looking like. I go opa loompa, she said.
Speaker 1: Angry.
Speaker 2: She said he she had never I think, seen him like up close. And she's like she couldn't believe how orange he was. And of course he's angry. And he's not eating anymore. The burgers he used to eat every day, he's not eating that anymore. He's losing weight.
Speaker 1: Why is he not eating that?
Speaker 3: He can't keep nothing down.
Speaker 2: This man is on trout and everybody knows his penis looks like a mushroom.
Speaker 3: Would you be able to eat?
Speaker 1: No, that man has no problem. He don't give two figs about anybody thinks.
Speaker 3: I think he does care what people think about his penis.
Speaker 1: I do, Oh yeah, he probably does think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's very small hands, could you imagine what?
Speaker 2: Like, nevermind, let's not let's move on like it erect like that's what three inches?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nothing anybody should be jumping on. Okay, So moving on. I want to talk about Tyrese because this was funny to me. You know, Tyrese is mister seems to be Tyresee the singer, the actor, fast and furious, seems to be someone who's very much like, very confident, very bold.
Speaker 1: He has a lot to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah sometimes So he was in concerts sinking and he got wind that he was about to be served with papers in the middle of his song.
Speaker 3: He abruptly ended it and ran out. The ran out the auditorium.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you get served for his divorce? I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't know what papers. But he was about to be served and he found out as he was. Yes. Well the video of.
Speaker 2: Him, you can hear him like abruptly, abruptly leaving and he was like I'm done, I'm done, and then he's like out what he had.
Speaker 3: Four more songs left on his set? Yeah, this just happened. He had four more songs left on his set. He was like, I'm out of here. But Tyrese your mister, like I don't give a shit about nothing, like you couldn't get served.
Speaker 1: So I don't know he's he He actually comes off more as he does give a ship because he seems very emotional, like he's always responding to stuff. Now that is true, you know what I mean. So, yeah, this is not surprising behavior. Yes, well, yeah, he went to lawsuit whatever. He don't want to pay. He don't want to pay the alimony and the child support whatever it is. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He wanted to live out, fast and furious. He was out of there.
Speaker 1: He was like, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, did you hear about Anita Anita Baker no Mother's Day concert? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she had a big Mother's Day concert in Atlanta, and you know, it's Mother's Day, so people bought their their mama's and their aunt. They bought all the tickets and you know, bottom early and people were really excited and they might have traveled to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen minutes before the showtime is canceled for for who knows why. They didn't say why, No.
Speaker 3: They didn't, they didn't.
Speaker 2: The person who canceled it didn't come out and say, hey, guys, because she's sunk, because she has diarrhea, No, because.
Speaker 3: She can't find her will. Yes, that's insane, So imagine how upset.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just rude. That's terrible, rude, rude, rude, And the people on the radio. I was listening to they were like, yeah, years ago, I said, I will never go to another Anita Baker concert because she is just she does this all the time. She she's just rude. She's rude, she's you know, just entitled. She's mean.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yes, and remember she had that beef with Babyface when they were and.
Speaker 2: She lost Babyface one. Yes, she's caught up in the raps, so she's great, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's what they said the radio, like, well, maybe that's where she was, but it was it's like, damn, lady, come on, I mean, she's just setting her ways. I guess, like I guess she's just gonna keep doing what she wants.
Speaker 3: She needs to just retire.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to do it, retire right, Yeah, but that's disrespectful to your fans.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: I would assume they got their money back. I think, so they better get their money back. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, don't that crazy. Don't be rude, so unprofessional.
Speaker 1: But that's the same. That's just like some of these people are on such a different wavelength or on a different planet. They just think the world revolves around them, and they're so inconsiderate of other people's time and energy and effort and whatever to do stuff like that. Yes, that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Moving on, let's talk about the Real Housewives up at not DA.
Speaker 3: Because Robertative composed himself over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, First of all, the Rough Housewives of Atlanta has been absent for what two years?
Speaker 3: Like it rise? Two years? It has it?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Were they on in twenty twenty four three?
Speaker 1: Were they going our season eight?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Our season eight started right when their season when their season ended, Remember they they on in like the summer, like the summertime going into the fall. Yes, twenty twenty three. It just feels like so fast, it does. So they were on a year ago this time. Yeah, but yeah, they had they took a little It took a little break. They took a little break to do some recasting.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we now know who's going to be. It has been top secret faotball.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now no, yes, okay, I don't have the list.
Speaker 1: Do you have the list?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So we do know we're gonna we're starting off with p W in the house, Porsha will Young. Yeah, I know we have a Ken, Yes, Ken your more hair care, Ken your more hair care.
Speaker 3: We got a Kenya, and I know that we have a Drew Sidora, Yes, minus Ralph, right, minus Ralph.
Speaker 1: Probably not minus Ralph. I'm sure he's going to be.
Speaker 3: Ralph said, cameras are coming right here. I come, let's talk about everything. Okay, so we know those for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Portia, which I'm I'm happy. I'm excited to see her. I think her her energy was just missed, her fun personality. I think she was a big void. Kenya Moore, Drew Sodora, Shamia who it's gonna be holding a housewife? Yeah, yes, Porsha's bestie, Shamia is going to be a housewife, which I think is exciting.
Speaker 2: Now, mind you, Now we do know because we knew a little inside they were trying to get Shamia to be a housewife forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I believe.
Speaker 2: Her husband wasn't downright, but you know, she'd be like, look man, that's what we're doing right okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's on. I love that.
Speaker 1: So that'll be exciting to see, you know how much if he's around or I don't know how how he navigates that.
Speaker 3: And her and Portia are such a key key together.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that'll be fun. Cynthia Bailey returning as a friend. Okay, Cynthia, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: That was a surprise. I love that that was a surprise, Cynthia. Yep.
Speaker 1: So that's all of the people who we know, So that means Chary is out, yes, Marlow's out, Sonya.
Speaker 3: Okay, sonya? And who were missing?
Speaker 1: Who else? I think that's it from last season? Okay, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but that's exciting, okay. And then they have one, two, three new ladies who are I guess their housewise Angela Oakley, who is married to Charles Oakley.
Speaker 2: I know Angela, you do, I do. I met her as a matter of fact, I know exactly where they live. She lives in where Jamal used to live when he first moved to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Charles, I know.
Speaker 2: I know Charles forever, but I met so I was just I just kind of like met her in the building. And then they were gonna they wanted to come to New Birth, so I was trying to make sure that they could come or whatever.
Speaker 1: Very sweet, Oh good, yeah, okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: Pretty.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, Charles Oakley is a former NBA player he played for the.
Speaker 3: So Mad right now. I'm so mad right now because Oakley can cook and loves to cook. He's gonna be thief nosed women.
Speaker 1: And he's funny. I hope everything. Yeah, I hope he's like on the show for real because he's funny. He's got a big, loud personality and he's funny.
Speaker 3: Oakley is everything.
Speaker 2: And y'all, ladies is gonna eat well Okay, all right, good cook for me a couple of times, Okay, good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're gonna know. These two ladies, Brittany Edie and Kelly Farrell don't have no clue. I've read that one of them has something to do with was like on Food Network or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, I see a challenge Oakley against the New Girls. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure what they do, but I but they're beautiful. Yeah, here are the three new people. Okaytures, they're beautiful. It's exciting. I think fresh blood is always exciting, and I know you guys got some fresh blood and Potomac, so hopefully that's exciting for you all. But I'm excited for Atlanta. I think I think it'll be I think they'll have a great season and they're about to like start production like any day now, any day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard heard from a couple of of people.
Speaker 3: Working on production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, production side okay, go Atlanta go, yes, Yes, we expect great things out of those ladies down there. And you know, the good news is that, like look Portia, Kenya, the old heads, they know what it takes to make a great show.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like they have enough people who have been around to kind of know how to carry the ship. Yeah, and I'm sure that the new people are going to, you know, just bring their own personality and their own spice.
Speaker 3: Yes, keep it moving.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: I am too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of changes going on and these these housewives streets.
Speaker 3: In these streets, there's a lot of changes the name of the game. Okay.
Speaker 2: So we do need to get into a little bit of a rap beef, because the rap beef these days is out of control.
Speaker 1: Never ending rap beef.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So because somebody asked us to talk about the whole Drake and Kendrick Lamar of it all. Who by the way, because several things and I'm a conspiracy theorist so I'm just gonna say, Kendrick one yeah on all counts, trying.
Speaker 3: To strike a chord, and it's probably a minor yea. Remember, so remember what I said, yes, you said Kendrick a couple of weeks ago, and that was on the first one, the first one, and on the first this, and.
Speaker 1: Then he kept.
Speaker 3: Yes. And if I was Drake, I would have just let it go, right player.
Speaker 2: Then all now, all of a sudden, Drake's houses are getting broken into, or his bodyguards getting.
Speaker 1: Beat up or something something like shooting at his house in Toronto or something, or to Toronto or Beverly Hills, one of them.
Speaker 3: Would I be terrible if you two things?
Speaker 2: Would I be terrible if I said, he just wants sympathy and he's doing this to himself, right, because it's always when he's not in the house, that particular house that all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden targeting. Yes, he wants a little sympathy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I didn't think this beef was that deep that we got to start shooting people.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think Kendrick Lamar's people are doing that. Yees, Okay, I just want to say that. Then there was helicopters that were on top of his house, and he said, like, just can you just fly to helicopters after three?
Speaker 1: After I wake up?
Speaker 3: After I wake up, he said, I'm trying to sleep. Can you can you after three o'clock? Can you fly up after three? I know that's right. I was like, Oh, that's the life. Yes, So I think the break ins, I know I shouldn't say this are self inflicted and because Drake wants some sympathy, because no one thinks Drake want and he's in his fields. He's in his field right now.
Speaker 1: He's robably definitely in his fields.
Speaker 3: And it's in.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like, what is the next what's the next move? Here?
Speaker 3: Do we just let there's no move? It's over?
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm saying it's so, it's just over. So so are we gonna like how long is he gonna wait to release any type of new music or any type of just like anything.
Speaker 3: Him and his child that we didn't know about Layla.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know, it's so funny. So I talked about how Corey is a big Drake fan, and I told him, you know, Ken Drick murdered Drake and he's like, oh whatever, So the last Kendrick song, Corey has been bumping that song like loudly really yes, in the house, in the car, in the shot, he's mister.
Speaker 3: I'm a drug fan.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he's like, oh that's He's like that song slaps.
Speaker 3: I love that song.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this boy is a mess.
Speaker 2: This is what I want you to ask Corey Ye about Christian Combs. Yeah, because he dropped a disc record about fifty.
Speaker 1: Right and fifty cent laughed. I don't think he knows who Christian Combs is. Honestly, nobody does. That's the old boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one knows who Christian Combs is. If you don't know, he's Puppies Sean Puppy Comb's son. Yeah, boy, sit down somewhere like you just stopped rollerskating in the streets like you're a kid.
Speaker 1: He wanted to get in. He wanted to get involved. That's funny, but.
Speaker 3: He definitely wanted to get involved.
Speaker 1: And you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not not and then you're gonna come after fifteen Everyone knows, single handedly cross the board, hands down.
Speaker 3: You do not come for fifty ever.
Speaker 1: But that was a that was a atypical fifty cent response yes, which actually made it even worse, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? Because Christian wanted to smoke yes, no yout it.
Speaker 1: He wanted the attention, and City's like what next? Like he didn't even get what he wanted.
Speaker 2: You know what, when I see fifty cent one day, I just wanted to chat with him, okay, because I just want to be like what goes through your head when people come for you?
Speaker 3: Right? Because yeah, I feel the same way, like come on boy, good night.
Speaker 2: You just started having sex like four minutes ago. Like stop, oh, I'm like fifty No, Christian comes, but we don't even view you as an adult. Get out of adult business.
Speaker 1: He's in the wrong lane, the wrong argument, Like what what was it? What was it even about? I don't know.
Speaker 2: He did and he was like you know, he talked about the raid, and he talked about you know how they just overhear putting down good lyrics or something good night. I just was like, what is what is happening? But you know what, you know what, I'm not mad at him because if he did diss fifty when we wouldn't even know he had a song out.
Speaker 1: True so or that he was even making music like he was in the music biz, like.
Speaker 3: Is he in the music vie? I don't know. No, that's now okay, we have one.
Speaker 2: I want to read one, and then we got to get out of here, guys. Yeah, because this one is this is near and dear to my heart and this is from Raquel Watson. Should we stop saying people's names because we got we got in trouble last week.
Speaker 3: Because Ron is mad. Yeah, Ron, we're putting you on blast again. So Ron sent us a note. Yes, in case Ron B, sorry, Ron B sent us a note, and he was saying all kinds of crazy stuff out of his mouth. He was very shady and very graphic in what he wanted.
Speaker 1: To do to me explicit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was the title of the episode his full name.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Then we get another letter said please take down my name. I want y'all to do that because I ain't want nobody know I was talking to y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm getting in big trouble over here. We didn't give out your address and your phone security city.
Speaker 1: Do we give a city?
Speaker 3: No, we ain't given none of that. But anyway, we're gonna continue.
Speaker 2: If you don't want your name called, say that right, say that in the email. Yes, otherwise we're gonna say your name.
Speaker 1: Some people do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people do.
Speaker 2: And I say their names anyway, and Robie goes back and takes it out. It's hilarious, okay, anyway, Roquel Wison says, Hi, ladies, I wanted to give Jaselle some love and support because I need that. It's hard when your kids have the audacity to grow up and then go away to college. The nerve ug I hate it when people say, oh, let them grow up.
Speaker 3: They can't. You can't stifle them. It's their lives. Blah blah blah. She said.
Speaker 2: Of course all of that's true, but it's still hard, and it's okay when we miss them. I really like you, Jiselle, but I love seeing you as a mom. You love dim babies, as Mariah would say. I used to say that all the time until Maria starts saying it, and then I'll say it. I mean, well, we love Mariah. Also, I love your relationship with your dad, sending love and hugs.
Speaker 3: And for the haters, f all dim hoes, that's biggie.
Speaker 1: Do you know.
Speaker 3: Biggie Biggie small Yeah, of course I don't think he said app all dem hos.
Speaker 1: No, oh, that's what she said. Oh she said that's biggie. Yeah, she said, that's biggie. I missed that part me too. All right, maybe maybe leave that part out. Lol, Okay that we that we repeat it four times.
Speaker 2: But I heart you, Shade and all Raquel not oh she said, Raquel, not Rachel.
Speaker 3: That's a nod to vand apartment. That was cute. So yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I have a question. I read something somewhere. Oh, oh, this was It was a good It was a good post. It was parents their children had graduated from college, and they gave their children the option to move back in their house and invest the money that they would pay on rent pay in rent for them, right. So say rent was two thousand dollars, right, So the parents or the child whatever, the parents' children two thousand dollars every month, would invest it, got it into a savings account, investment account, blah blah blah whatever for like three years, and then at the end of the three years that money goes to the children so that they can buy a home or whatever. Yeah, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I love the children, I love that, but they would have to be making the two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well all right, best yeah yeah yeah. So like, so, how do you feel about your children living at home working and the money that they make be invested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love that. I actually want my kids to stay with me for the rest of my life. Yes, So I'm totally down, okay with that. Now, I have a nephew.
Speaker 3: I probably shuldn't say this. I have a nephew that just graduated from Florida A and M.
Speaker 2: And my brother it is like that boy got to get out my heart. He was like, I'm gonna let him come home. He's got a job. I'm let him come for a second. And he's got to take his little money and get out.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, are you serious, Like why are you doing that? He was like, he eats too much food. I don't feel like it. Like, no, he got to go. He got to go and grow and be a man, right. I'm like, And I told my brother I want my daughters with me or the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Right. So, and that's and that's how I feel about my boys. I'm like, shoot, when you go to college, I'm going to college. I'm going wherever you Yeah, where you go I'm follow you everywhere. But I think there is a fine line between setting you, you know, helping your kids out, setting your kids up for success, and enabling them.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: So you know, maybe your brother is more along the lines of like, no, if we let him stay here, we're going to enable him and he's not going to be as driven to do for himself.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: You know where I'm sure you probably know. Okay, if my girls come and live with me, they're gonna they're gonna have a job. They're probably going to be lawyers, doctors, you know whatever. They're going to be professionals, and they're going to have a great job, and they're going to save their money and they're going to be responsible and do all that. So I think it's just you got to know your kid or your kid.
Speaker 3: True. Yeah, True.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because Mother's Day just passed, and so how was your Mother's Day? By the way, it was good.
Speaker 3: It was good. Okay, So the girls took me to brunch and dinner. Oh yeah, we ain't talk about your Mother's Day outfit. Don't have Robin dicksonid I do? Now? I talked to you that. I said, how did you pull it off? Okay, so listen.
Speaker 2: Thanks shout out to Millie the Design, the O, the Brandy. They DMed me and said, hey, we want to send you something for you and the girls for Easter. Well Easter passed and so we started.
Speaker 3: Figuring out what everybody could wear that they hadn't stopped. So we picked the stuff. They send it and I've been holding it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the day before Mother's Day, I came down with all the all the dresses on a hanger and I said, here, guys, this.
Speaker 3: Is for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They were like, what it's like, get into it. So I was like, this was for Grace because Grace always wears dresses like that, that style. Okay, So like this is for Grace. You and the twins work it out.
Speaker 3: The door was hot.
Speaker 1: She was on fire.
Speaker 3: She's like, I got the worst, I got the worst of the worst. I'm like, yours is the cutest one. She had shorts on.
Speaker 1: Like a little I'll tell you which one I like the best.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the door was mad.
Speaker 2: So I put in my in my comments that a door was was not happy. Well, I said a child, Yeah it was a door. She was not happy, But what is she gonna say? No, this is what we're doing on Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what most kids would say. Yes, most kids would say no.
Speaker 2: But the point of my story was that that the girls were like acting like they were grown while we were going out to all of these dinners and brunches and whatnot. So the bill would come and I'd be like, okay, you know, like I'm gonna take the bill like normal, and they're like, oh, no, we have a sponsor. What they were like, we have a sponsor, mommy, I said, if y'all don't tell me what this damn sponsor is, They're like, it's dead. So they would take a picture of the bill, then they would send it to him, and then he would send them money.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh, that's cute. That's cute. I will be my kid's sponsor for the rest of their life. That's I don't mind that. Yeah, yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that's stopping them or making them feel like they can't thrive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, no, Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: The sponsorship game is on. It's on fleek. Okay, who looks which one did you like the best? Okay?
Speaker 1: I like Angels the best.
Speaker 3: Angel had on.
Speaker 1: Yes, I loved and I'm so excited because I can tell your turns apart that you're lying.
Speaker 3: You know, that's Angel, Yeah, that's Angel. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so Adore liked Angels the best too, and she was pissed she didn't get to Angel.
Speaker 3: Picked first, so she was pissed.
Speaker 2: So I told them those stresses will be on VAK with us, so pack it.
Speaker 1: But Adors is cute though it's like a little two pieces.
Speaker 3: It's a situation, so a door can actually just do the shorts or do the time to something else.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's cute. But I like Angels the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So thank you, Millie. And yeah that was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Very doable.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm sure everyone has already seen it, but go to Chisel's Instagram page and look at the the picture of Dezel and her girls in matching outfits. They all have a different style, but the same pattern in print for Mother's Day was super cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I can't wait to see you in the boys dress. Can't wait, I know.
Speaker 1: And you know it's so crazy. We've never taken like outside of like our wedding pictures. We've never taken professional pictures as a family, and every year I'm like, oh, we got a schedule shoot, We got a schedule to shoot, and I never do it. But that's on my list and we're going to coordinate. Love that, but not that match, you know what I mean. So we've got to figure out how to do it.
Speaker 2: We got to figure out how to did it all right, guys, we're out of here. Don't forget to coordinate and don't forget to live your life.
Speaker 3: Either reasonable or it's shake d oh fine.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.