Speaker 1: World with me here.
Speaker 2: You know, BT, she was so low shout O O C T no what we see the whole game read the bler beat something. Oh you can't stand on their own, sweet, I already know you can't with me, because with the squad of me they get at They called me.
Speaker 3: Hello, ball Alert, Welcome to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcasts. Please continue to like, subscribe, and share our YouTube page at baller Alert TV. I go by the name of Ferrari Simmons.
Speaker 4: I go by the name you know bt ce T with that pleasure Pete in the building.
Speaker 1: What's happening? What's happening?
Speaker 3: We appreciate you pulling up owners. BT called you out via text and you you responded.
Speaker 1: So this is my dog man.
Speaker 3: Yeah we here, Yeah, thank you for pulling up owners Man. Where's Pleasure P from Miami? Okay, everybody know that Shody.
Speaker 1: Know that here Florida boy too, Floridable.
Speaker 4: I knew that.
Speaker 5: What people don't know who Marcus Cooper is, So tell us about who Marcus was growing up.
Speaker 1: I guess from a musical background. So my mom and dad they both did music. They were in the band together. My father was He was in a group called Silver Platinum along with Michael Sterling who did Lovers and Friends record and all those records and stuff like that. So I've just been around, you know, music my whole life. Your dad a singer, he plays the keys and he's a songwriter. He's a composer. My mom she's a singer.
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 1: How long have you been singing? Since I was nine?
Speaker 3: When did you know? When did you know? Like, oh damn, I could actually sing when I was nine? So, like what happened? Do you remember, like did you just start staying?
Speaker 1: The first song I started singing was I would never lie by immature. I was just like trying to be like immature. And then my uncle heard me in the shower. He was like, yo, I had me sing for my mom. Then they put me in the talent show. I won first place, and ever since then, I've been a singer. Did your dad started forming you guys together with you and your brother?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 1: Nah? My my dad wasn't pretty much in a picture like that, you know, okay, but you know we were still from time to time. Now, was your name always pleasure? P?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: No? No?
Speaker 1: So what was your first So my first artist name was pretty Boy. So if you ever listen to ground on Me, you'll hear Baby Blue say pretty Ricky, pretty boy doing pretty good things. I was pretty boy back then. And then I was like, nah, man, we gotta do something different. Your voice give for women pleasure, you know what I'm saying. So you know what, let's start there. And then guys called me peace, so it's pleasure and Pete who said that? Just ladies and you know everybody. It was like a group decisions, gotcha?
Speaker 5: So back up? Okay, so you said you were not doing music, and you know you grew up in that. Where did pretty Ricky come? Did you grow up with those guys?
Speaker 1: Or oh no, no not so along my journey, I was bad as a you know, juvenile, so I went to a juvenile prison. I wrote a lot of songs in there, like Shorty, would you be mine Field? The rush Age Ain't nothing but a number of stuff like that. When I got out, I was looking for a you know, for for a label, and I was shopping my stuff everywhere. People kind of like knew the songs when I was in school and stuff like that. I would, you know, hand out my demos and stuff like that. And I ran into their father and he had a record label, and I was like, the father, who's father Baby Blue Spectacular? Yeah? They father his name Blue Blue Star. It's not an album name. After So ran into them out of talent show and it was like, yo, man, you gotta come to the studio, whatever the case will be. Went to the studio and the first song we recorded was grind on Me. And ever since then, I was in the group.
Speaker 5: When is Slickham come in the group? Was he already in the group?
Speaker 1: It was already a group called the Mavericks. Okay, and then you came.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Pretty Ricky and the Mavericks. So where did pretty Ricky come from? Did you bring that to the table?
Speaker 1: So Pretty Ricky was, well, okay, he's a he's like our older brother. His name is well he was pretty Ricky and him and him and the father got into it. It was like, I put too much money in the name. You know what, We're gonna name the whole group Pretty Ricky so that people think that there's one person, but then when they find out it's a different, you know, individual, they become more interested in Did you like that? Did y'all agree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was cool with so grind on Me was the first record that y'all recorded together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you some Blue Star classic album Like, yeah, I agree. You said you wrote shorty would You be Mine? Classic song?
Speaker 1: He wrote, I wrote all those.
Speaker 5: So wrote all the songs. How was that process? Did you have them then you came in with that?
Speaker 1: Or well some songs I had already and some songs we just kind of.
Speaker 4: Wrote on the spot, you know, and I wonder why they signed you and will be in the room or.
Speaker 1: We just feed off each other.
Speaker 5: Static Major like that? Yeah, Static Major is a heavy hitter. What was a heavy heavy hitter you know, responsible for like like you know the rock, the boats, Aliyah's sound very you know with that album. You got that nostalgia with that. That was classic album. I love that album.
Speaker 1: At first, it was like baby Blue and me recorded like for a week. It took us to record ground on Me because it was just he was he was the engineer and it was just me and him like Batman and Robin and there, you know what I'm saying. And then once we got signed, and that's when everybody else came up. Pretty much before we got signed. We pretty much had a lot of the songs already done and completed.
Speaker 3: When the album came out, did you guys believe that it was going to be received as well as it as it did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already knew it. Y'all new y'all was gonna be stars. We was already running, like we would do performances and stuff like that. We was already running from girls and they'll come beating on our windows, and you know, like we kind of seen the transition, you know, So y'all was like local stars already. Pretty much.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of videos of guys doing the little dances and humping the ground and humping the beds.
Speaker 5: Now, that was guys music at that time.
Speaker 1: You had to be two K.
Speaker 5: But when Pretty Ricky came, you guys were young, and you guys were talking about, you know, the kind of content. You guys were.
Speaker 1: Talking talking about sex.
Speaker 5: And being the only I didn't hear too many like young artists doing that, like you had B two K. But they were like teetering the line.
Speaker 1: They were very buttoned up. That's what we did at home, Like what is that? What else is that to do? What do you do in high school? And because some people used to find it. That's the movies. You go you take a girl to the beach or something like, you know, just whatever. It's just like, that's what we did.
Speaker 6: We'll be right by. Stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert.
Speaker 1: Show with up is your man Pleasure Pete and you would now tune into the ball Alert Show. But then Pleasure p started making solo records. Well, we was a group and everything was going good. In the middle of let me see the middle of I want to say, the Late Night Special album, that's another classic. That's when things got a little. Egos started flying and amongst each other, people taking credit for other people work, and it was a lot going on. And I just wanted my money man, to be honest. I was like, you know, I stepped to their father and I say, yo, man, I want to separate my money because we would be so busy on the road. We don't have time to spend, no money, nothing. But when you get home, it's like you got to stay in the house. You can't do this, you can't do that. It's controlling controller and controller. I'm a grown man from the streets. I got a kid on my own at the time, I got family to to take care of. So I said, I want to separate my money and I want my own place. And he said, you ain't got no money. I said what I said, say, yeah, you ain't got no money. That get costs for this that. So they gave me an itemized list of because we all lived in one house. So if this was a cup, he charged me one hundred dollars for this, This was a fork, two hundred dollars for that. It was itemized. This was some bulls show. It was on some Don Cheetah type some bullshit.
Speaker 5: In a house in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, the same house you're seeing on Cribs. If you ever seen Cribs, remember I remember the same house. What was your reply to that? When he was itemizing everything, I know you got you frustrated? Yeah, I was hot. I was like, well damn well. You know then we had signed the contract because he was like, you know, boy, Atlantic, I need you all to sign this man because you know, we just that's that's the that's the old genius. Yeah, because I'll trust him. Yeah, he a street nigga. You know, we never you know, he gave us the opportunity he want to put up the money. To this day, I still think him for that, but he you know, he was wrong.
Speaker 5: How long was the contract? How long was it?
Speaker 1: I think it was like five albums or something like that.
Speaker 4: Album that's that standard that was kind of standing back in the five album.
Speaker 1: But the what the unfair part was? You know, he was a part of our records, you know, like I said, so let's say four of us wrote the record. He's number five on the record. You know, five on the record, so you know, because he put his money up. And then you know, he owned half of the publishing. So you know what I'm saying, It's like, damn, they own half the master. Then this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then then it's four of y'all in this of us already, so now it's five y'all. Y'all got to split the money five different ways. We didn't get to split none. He took one hundred percent of everything and then pay y'all. No, we ain't never get paid. I ain't never get paid from him.
Speaker 1: So wait you wait, so it never got paid? Nah, we aint know no better, bro, get get a B in my check, he sign the back. What make sure y'all wanty straight? What make sure y'all you know all your y'all's gonna blow it?
Speaker 5: How old were you guys?
Speaker 1: I was in my early twenties. I was like twenty.
Speaker 5: But you guys were living a life that was different from where you came from. So is that why you guys did not question anything?
Speaker 1: Yes, So they lived in the suburbs I come, you know hood, you know what I'm saying. So he wanted all of us. His excuse was he wanted all of us death so that if we get a call and gotta do something, we gotta go get one from over here. So we just kind of it was like a frat house almost, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So when you got this information in the itemized list, kind of like when you woke up a little bit, kind of like ice Cube did in n WA.
Speaker 1: I was ice Cube, did you.
Speaker 5: Go back and tell your other group members?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did. I did. I had a conversation with them, but they couldn't as they followed, so they couldn't understand it at the time. So it's a tension between us and then at that time I was doing records with like, I had a lot of street records, so I had to get you up with plies. That's my favor. When Yo Gotti I had released Prostitute, Wayne wanted to sign me. So I was around wayning them all the time, and I just kind of just stayed on the road. Did Jeroons. I put that out and that became Top twenty, and you know, I did that independently, and then from then on.
Speaker 5: It was just like at this point there's has to be tensions in the era. When you going back to these guys and telling them what you've learned, they're not believing you or they're they're so you know, they're very protective over their father. What what happens next? Like how do you get out of this?
Speaker 1: I listen, I didn't even know what was going to happen next. I ain't, you know. But my the type of person if I'm unhappy about something, why would anybody leave something successful? What I'm saying, like, come on, bro, you know what I'm saying. So after that it was just like you know what, bro, Like we stopped talking really and I went my way, so you just left they went, So I didn't want to be solo. I said. All I said to them is, you know, I sat down with Baby Blue in the studio and I said, bro, I ain't leaving the group. I just want my own place because we're around each other tenty four seven, Like I'm even my own space as kid, Yeah, growing up, growing up. Yeah, I don't want to run train some girls no more. I want my Oh. I don't want to slick. I don't want to I'm nothing's enough right now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: What all.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, it had to be a life for you because you had a lot of success with them, but you had a lot of success on your feature game.
Speaker 1: Your future game was crazy. Yeah, the crazy thing about it he was turning down the features. So, like, let's say, bird Man got me on a song called Bossy right, it was only on his album, and he said one hundred and fifty grand if you're gonna pay it, you're gonna pay it. Not I gonna make him say no, And that was would you get the money though for the feature? No? Man, that's even sad.
Speaker 4: So he so he was kind of like suppressing, like your career, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sending let us to radio stations tell him not to play my songs because because I'm signed to them.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, kind of, that's what I was gonna say. It couldn't you couldn't just leave.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, I had to go through a whole litigation. And this was like death row. It was. It was like death from minus the ass whooping because ain't nobody wouldn't nobody put their hands on me?
Speaker 5: But how did you get away? Like because you couldn't just leave?
Speaker 1: Oh? So I ran into Brian McKinney. He's a football player. He had just you know, signed like a seventy million dollar deal with the Vikings. Play he play from? He puts Miami Hurricane. Yeah, we played from yep. So we started a record label called Swagger Entertainment. So I told him what I was going through, and he was like, okay, seventy thousand, let's get the lawyer if he popping whatever you need. It was just like whatever I needed. So he bought you out of your contract? Yeah he did. Damn.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you get out your deal and yeah.
Speaker 1: We go through this litigation and all this kind of stuff, and they were now going around saying, yeah, he signed to us, so whatever he makes and I'm like, bro, I put this record out top twenty, and you know I did all the work myself. So boyfriend number two, what are you talking about? You did you room? This is okay? So then it's like he was with him to settle, you know, settle out of the suit. I was like getting so much money at the time. I was like, you know what, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. So you know what, he go five hundred thousand, you go, gave me five hundred thousand, you go your way, I go out. So I started off a million dollar debt with my first album just off of the recording, giving him that you know what I'm saying, and now everything that comes with it, marketing and promotions and stuff like that. You know.
Speaker 4: So so that your football home and he sent them that money or was that with the net.
Speaker 1: That came from the label? Came from the label? Once you know, he agreed to settlement, it was part of the settlement.
Speaker 3: But now you're in the whole million dollars. Yeah, so now you got to really get to get back in. So now I did you wrong? It is out?
Speaker 1: When does boyfriend number two come out?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: After that that, so boyfriend number two comes out and Scott rockets number one and I know and I know He's like, damn now, so now how how the past is?
Speaker 1: They put out their record right, and then the next six months I put out my record, So they got their time to put out their record right. And during the process of us uh you know, doing the litigation thing, you know, they ended up well he will the dad what is it called? He tried to uh depose to see all of Atlantic records after they gave him all this money to do. He was winning, Like I, Bro, I couldn't even like one day, bro, I swould have got we were we was doing, we was doing. We're supposed to go to London and y'all I'm like, bro, my rent do? It's like it's round this time, my rent do? I gotta you know, pay my rent. He never gave me the money from the shows that we did or whatever the case may be. I need my money. He ain't give me the money, so I ain't making the flight. So that the label calls, hey, why didn't you make the flight? And I told him why. They say how much your rent is? I say, twelve hundred dollars. That's all. Come on, you're platinum, you play you got a platinum group. Now platinum we arguing on like when you really look at it, bro, like our ridiculous? Is that? Bro?
Speaker 4: So the label not even knowing what really going up when they find out, they're like this man, this man off his ship.
Speaker 1: He said twelve.
Speaker 3: I know you mentally got to be frustrated because my nigga ego.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that was just starting to change everybody. That's when I learned everybody candle handle fame and start because y'all superstars at this point right where then were supposed to be arguing recognition everywhere. You did everything we're supposed to do, made the right songs, did the right performances, did the interviews, you know for cities in one day. We did everything that were supposed to do. Brother to what that was to me, that would that would be my only issue. But outside of that, he's not a bad guy. He was just you know, everybody makes mistakes, and he was making his transition into you know, when does Pleasure Piece start making money and when are you in the green? I'm already making money at at digit Wrung and stuff like that because I'm hot in the streets, so I would just Yo, I'm on every show with Yo Gotti Live. I'm the only R and B singer on these tours and stuff like that. So that's what made them like like the label, you know, back me, like oh, so they put out they record, it flopped, and then my record came out and it was like a competition. I wasn't in competition with nobody, but people was in competition with me.
Speaker 5: Because then they replace you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just about to say that.
Speaker 4: I think that was the big confusion, and I think that's what really costs you know, they records are kind of not do well because it was like a random guy.
Speaker 5: It was to replacement. Yeah, yeah, it was. But what they couldn't replace was your songwriting.
Speaker 1: My sound, Yeah, because the group was about the sound and the group was about the kind of songs. So when they dropped that album, you can see the difference between the two and them when I come out with my album, you can see the difference between you listen, you can hear the difference between who did what. And I think we was all confused as fans when we was watching one O six in part and then this random guy comes out saying, get in the group, Like, man, who the hell is this? Man? If you do this, you know, if you notice you watch one of six in park at the you know during the I wouldn't be saying nothing. I'll just be quiet. I just you know, it'd be something like, you know, something happened before, like before, so I just don't even want to be there, but I was there.
Speaker 5: I respect the way that you handle your business because you know how great, good and creative that you are, but you like just kind of like let people who want to act out do that, but you go handle your business like it's not. It's kind of like a jay Z type of thing, like people around him want that shine and he just let him do it. But then he goes and does like a big deal. Now, speaking of big deals, what was the deal with uh that you had got when you went to the label when it was just you and your label? Was that What was that deal? Like did they get fifty percent of your publishing or no?
Speaker 1: You know what I did to deal with Wanna Chapel, So a matter of fact, it was it was a continuation kind of deal from what he did. You know, Okay, and it was. It was you know, it was a regular publishing deal. But I wrote songs like Lollipop and other songs like you know, wild ones for Florider and a lot of people don't know you wrote Lollipop other songs like that. That kind of saved me too.
Speaker 5: How did you get that? It was your relationship with Static got you that? Mean?
Speaker 1: Static was working on my album. Lollipop was actually my record first, you know, me and Static wrote it together. Came from you know, one of uh one of them nights at the club, messing around in the studio and stuff like that, and then we recorded it. But I just I just didn't feel it fit. Same beat for the album, yeah, same same beat.
Speaker 4: So y'all went to the studio list said she want to lick me like a lollipop.
Speaker 5: So you wrote the whole song or just a hook.
Speaker 1: There's certain elements of the song that's that that that I wrote that's still in there, But Wayne, I obviously did what it needed to.
Speaker 3: You know, is your vocals on there, like miss show do you want to fuzz?
Speaker 1: That's all Static Static on that part.
Speaker 4: Why do artists not want people to know that they have songwriters?
Speaker 1: Because people be fucking with us, bro, like you will be fire like. Bro. The more the more I stopped the way, the more peaceful my life is. Bro. I swear to God, he would just be doing stupid stuff out of nowhere, just fucking with it for no reason though. I just I don't want to be bothered. You know what I'm saying, Just leave me alone.
Speaker 5: And that's what I meant staying out the way. You just do your business and stay out that way.
Speaker 1: Shit, I don't need to brag. My bank account will tell me what it is, but the people around me that those are the people that I love and care about. So I'm I'm I'm happy with that, Bro. I don't need no flowers from everybody else.
Speaker 3: Well you got your flowers of that versus though, because I feel like that was your moment to shine. That was the moment, like you already had your moments. I feel like people respect you and respect your craft. You are legend to me. Uh But I felt like when I watched that versus. I don't really watched it because Sammy's my guy and I'm a fan of yours, but I really we have we had one element that went a little left, but you were really shining that night.
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 5: Bro, what happened to rs VP?
Speaker 1: Nothing? We're still working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought y'all was coming out with an album videos.
Speaker 1: It was, and to Sammy dropped the tour and the damn uh uh. You know he dropped the tour in the album and a single out of nowhere, So we kind of just pushed it back a little longer. So now so now I'm dropping my you know single now called you know what I'm saying, and dropped you know this tour. I'm on tour Mario or Neo starting September the night. Now that's gonna be crazy, you know, Champagne and roll this tour. That's a big deal. After that, maybe we can get back to what we additionally started to do.
Speaker 4: Now. So w y'all doing everything out a spike because Sammy dropped it and now you're like.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to do this. I'm about to go on my own tour now.
Speaker 6: Nah.
Speaker 1: Actually no, And I'm gonna tell you the craziest thing that happened. So like maybe what a week or two ago, I was in the house sleep matter of fact, I was a matter of fact, I went to strokers. I was a Stroker by the way, Yeah, Strip Club. I was at Strokers and we were celebrating John silver birthday. So new Yo's there, everybody there in his room and it's like, Yo, what you got coming up? Said man, I'm just about to drop this new stuff in whatever whatever, all, I'm gonna give you a car, got it? I got something for you, you know what I'm saying. So then I go home, I go to sleep, and I wake up to a fire alarm going up. So I look around and smoke everywhere, smoke everywhere. So I jump up, I want the fuck, what the fuck? Looking for my phone, grab my phone and I run out of my room and I look and it's coming from down like downstairs. So I run out of the you know, run out of the house, go to the back. The whole basement is on fire. I'm like, wow, I call nine one. That is an uncontrollable fire. Call nine one one. Ambulance everybody come, you know. And as soon as I plug my phone up and get in the car, water ambulance. Everybody there. Yo, you want to do this tour? That's what we got. And I just booked the torches like that, So it wasn't not a Spikee. It's just when you do. I don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: God just I don't know who started the fire.
Speaker 1: It was. It wasn't nobody that started fighting because I was the only person home. But it was like an electrical problem. It was like a very very hot that day and something just everyone good, let outside, just call on fire.
Speaker 5: It's very random.
Speaker 1: Is your house okay? Now, I don't know. I haven't been there.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 1: What Up is your Man? Pleasure? Pete? And you were now tuned into the ball Alert Show.
Speaker 3: So when ray J was hitting them notes, man, what were you doing and how were you feeling?
Speaker 1: I was backing them up. That's my brother, man, he was backing them up. You had to kind of way. I mean, I did say what I said. I said the ungratefulness when he you know, was like it was this in our help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you was a little aggressive during that battle too.
Speaker 1: For me. You wanted to fight? No, I did. For me. It's like they want R and B guys to be a certain kind of way, but I'm not that I'm just me.
Speaker 3: I can tell that you was from South I could tell that you was from the streets. How you was conducting yourself doing uh the.
Speaker 1: Football or basketball. It's a battle like it ain't we coming to We come in to just be nice and me. You got all the other little R and B people commenting at the end, like, Bro, I don't speak on nobody business like that, jog. You know what I'm saying, y'all, y'all, donna lower your tone, dog and and tighten up, because I tighten you up if I see you. You understand what I'm saying. I thought you was. I thought you was finn though. I felt like that, but then I'm like, you know what, Bro, that's that's this new age thing. I don't really speak on everybody shit. You know what I'm saying, I don't do it. Yeah, that is the new I was nervous for you, Bro, I thought you was gonna get active on niggas trying. Yeah, they be trying to, like I don't know, they be trying to like this and be little and sneak this. And that's that's one thing I hate about the like the business like it's like you got a problem with me. That's addressing you know what I'm saying. However you want to dress it, that's just but they go behind your back and sneaky bit ship.
Speaker 5: Well, that's address you and fallon. Are you guys together?
Speaker 1: Would you posted a picture with it? I can't post a picture. But you said I was very intimate. I ain't. I said, I want, I need more of you every moment. Yeah, okay, I wanted you to say it.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? Was that a lyric from your new song Somewhere in the Distance.
Speaker 1: Yes, so she's in your video music video. It's a song. Oh so you are galaxy.
Speaker 4: He's your he's your lead in the song. Hashtag galaxy Galaxy. You know I got I got a bunch of calls about that too.
Speaker 1: I'm good at marketing, man, I'm very good at it.
Speaker 4: You you definitely are, because there's a lot of people calling me.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people sold into it. They've been to It was a lyric and the new song got it it said it said hashtag galaxy. She pushed it. She supposed to say hashtag galaxy. I was stuck at the picture. I didn't read all the way through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then she was on the show and she said she had a new boyfriend. So everybody was a boxer.
Speaker 5: He said he was a boxer, and he's a boxer.
Speaker 1: You felt like she was lying. Yeah, yeah, I definitely feel box do you I can fight, but on box you're not an actor, right, no, no.
Speaker 5: So it's safe to say that just to clear any room or you and Fallon are not together as a no.
Speaker 1: No no no no no. But somebody said they sing you know, I'm just kidding. Yes, you may have seen me out with it. That's like after the video shoot, we celebrating having a good time. We're friends. Now it's looking like that. I look like y'all got good chemistry. Though people think we look good together, but you know me and her went out together. We look good together two people, but we can't have a drink after this facts. You know, I got such your pleasure pe though. See that's a that's a perception. But it's a couple of people that were Martis Marcus coopbacks.
Speaker 4: Wait, did any exis call you after you know that picture of you founding with every lout of people called me? Man, you you'd be surprised, like how people how people like I won't tell you how they feel.
Speaker 1: But when some ship go down they called you. It shows you. Damn, what the fuck is this? Why what? It's just a picture? Right? You could have called me and yeah, everybody was calling me. I'm like, what the hell I got to do with the picture? Bro? And then and then, and in the fact, they was bashing her, bro and saying all kind of stuff like this is just crazy over a picture of a music video. And then you got jailing under the fucking comments man, with with this, with the laughing. What this got to do with you? When I paid her for music? I paid on my heart on money. What you tying yourself into this fock? But they had none to do with you, bro, and I and I think I think they know. And you know, he knew it was a music video. Why that man participating in the thin he was?
Speaker 4: I think, you know, sometimes people getting their feelings tender.
Speaker 5: He just wanted to let you know of obviously.
Speaker 1: Man, you're running from show.
Speaker 5: What did he say to you in person?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: What do you say to you?
Speaker 1: I mean, what can't he say to me in person? You know what I'm saying? I just you know, I just told him, man, it's a music video. He was like, you ain't get my premis. I gotta get your a mission to hire her for a music video. That money put food in your daughter mouth. Look at it like that. That's a good way to put it. But when usher get Kicky Palmer for a video, they don't make a big spectacle. I guess people care that much. You know what I'm saying. They don't make it. They don't think he fucking Kiky Palmer. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's been through a lot with Fallon, so he just probably, you know, sensitive about seeing you guys together. He wanted to so called check you.
Speaker 1: Nah, I ain't nobody checking me about nothing. I'm growing as man and it's nothing to check. It's just like if you're an insecure man, you're an insecure man. That's between you and your I wasn't in your bedroom. I don't live with y'all. I wasn't part of your arguments. I ain't got nothing to do with anything other than here go the money for a music video. Hey, this is my new single. Thanks for being a part of my new single. Hey, that's how drinks? That's what? If I see you out see some shots or something like that. That's about it.
Speaker 4: So it was nothing. It's just the Internet just kind of blew that picture. Just a picture and the lyric from from a song.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the record Galaxy.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about it?
Speaker 5: Where did the concept of that come from?
Speaker 1: Well? Galaxy music is just a different sound of music that I'm doing. And it's like music to where it's not as raunchy, but it's just sexy. It's something to where you gotta put your cologne on and light a candle and you know just how that kind of vibe. If you're smoke you could smoke to it. It's just, you know, a different style of music that I'm doing. Yeah, so when is the music video dropping? Oh I'm trying to I'm shooting for like the eighth the or yeah, the eighth the day before I go on to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So how many how many cities y'all doing on a tour so far as? I think fifteen or sixteen, but they're addam more.
Speaker 1: Days, ladies.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say, fellas, if they you go to one day concert, you better make sure you go with your lady.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you? Since you had real fanfare?
Speaker 3: And I think it was at a time when it was like at an all time high because it wasn't really social media, so people had to really come see y'all. What's like a crazy moment for you with girl fans like did you have us? Like did you guys have like a stalker? Did you have a stalker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had bro It was a group of them and they would come from New York. They would follow every city. Just got one pregnant, just got a baby from one of them girls. Wait, yes, oh my god, I do. They used to follow us and follow us across the country, across the bro whatever the East Coast would like. We just know. I don't know how they knew what where our hotels were. One day, I knew it was real when I was in my room and one of them called my room, like room, how you know what room? Or men? You know what I'm saying? Like they they they knew.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite record that you've ever created from the past.
Speaker 1: I don't have one. That's hard to say.
Speaker 5: Nah, it gotta be album.
Speaker 1: I would say, I like, get you right, get get you right. Yeah, that was a dope record. That's a good one. That supposed to be my only solo record on the album, and he was like, nah, nah, nah, we can't, we can't. We can't pleasure our hot commodity. You know what I'm saying. We you know, we're gonna just put put rappers on there too, you know what I'm saying. But they had they but they had their solo song on the album. It wasn't they weren't, right, man. Do y'all still talk Yeah? What the group?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I know you still talk to the group. But yeah, well yeah, I talked to him, you know what I'm saying. I got no issues with him. Man.
Speaker 1: Like the past, y'all ever talk about the past? Like, man, why did you do this?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Why did you do that? Nah? He would never but me, I have to forget the past in order to be so free to be you know, Yeah, I forgive a little past.
Speaker 4: Do you do you like when you going to club and you still hear your records and stuff like that? Because I feel like a lot of artists, you know, don't really have classic records like that?
Speaker 1: Get that were? I love it? I love it.
Speaker 5: So y'all did the Millennium tour together? Do you got with you guys?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Or are you guys planning to do more in the future together.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're gonna do more in the future. Man, It's like, I don't know. I don't know why people get so proff even if I hate them niggas, that's what we're finna get this money. You know what I'm saying. It's like, we built McDonald's, So why would I go work at Burger King if I built McDonald's. You know what I'm saying that that don't make sense. So when everybody's able and ready to work, I'm like, I do three jobs. You know what I'm saying. I don't care. I feel like, you know, you one of those artists that love touring. I don't. To me personally.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of artists, and I feel like sometimes I see people on the road and I'll be like, man, I don't really they don't really like touring like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you actually enjoy touring. I don't. You don't, don't, I don't, no way. I like being in the studio. I like having a consistent schedule just on the day to day, and yeah, I like that better.
Speaker 4: Okay, But every time I send you on the road, you you look happy.
Speaker 1: I'm happy every day. I'm happy. I like that. I like that. What I gotta be married.
Speaker 4: But some parties you will see them backstage and the like, Man, yeah, I just I just you know.
Speaker 1: What I like to see about the touring is people still come out and and see us and stuff like that. But the time away and all of that is like after you get a certain agg It's like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you ever see yourself retiring?
Speaker 1: No? I don't. I can't. That's not that's not a part of my purpose. You know what I'm saying. I'm here. I'm here to do music. That's what I, you know, set out to do. I accomplished it, I conquered it, and I'm gonna continue to do it.
Speaker 5: Do you see yourself ever getting married?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't, or more children, I don't.
Speaker 1: You know, when your son turned nineteen and you don't finish child support and all that stuff, all of the little bullshit that came along with it, ain't got to deal with it no more. You know. Of course, I want a better experience if I do have another kid. But I wanted to be with the right person, and I would definitely want to be married, and I would definitely have to tone my life down to where I want to be able to take my kids to and from school and you know, just be more of a family man. You know, that's like a you know, a different kind of transition.
Speaker 5: But is that a goal of yours?
Speaker 1: Maybe one day. I don't want to. I don't want to speak too much on it because right now, you know, you see what's going on out here.
Speaker 5: So for all the ladies, all the ladies listening, what are you looking for in a woman?
Speaker 1: I will never tell you that if I if I gave you the answers to the test, you can come and try to you know, that's that's like a cheatog. You just gotta meet me, see me and if we vibe, you got the qualities that I like, and vice versa, and it is what it is. Maybe the best answer I've heard that is that is a really good answer. And like people think about how many people do that. They'll be like, yo, so what are you looking for? Looking for this? Looking for that? I'm looking and people okay, okay, man, I spend all his money trying to be that, and six months from now he ain't that. Oh ship, it's a rap. It's over a year. You're in it's over heartbroken. Then you gotta play I Did You Wrong and all them songs.
Speaker 4: But it must be good to be an R and B singer because you could just have somebody girl post a picture and then be like.
Speaker 1: There was a music video. He just throw it And what the hell did he just say? You could take somebody girl post talk about that. Just said to me to set you up, you dog.
Speaker 5: Before we get out of here, we got a PEP talk with Pleasure P.
Speaker 1: What's up is your man? Pleasure P motivationally just to learn to just learn that it'll never be perfect. Life will never be perfect, So just learn to adjust and adapt to anything and everything and always keep a clear mind, stay focused, and speak whatever you want into the universe and it'll come back to.
Speaker 6: You can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alert holog on to baller alert dot com.