Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Effson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And here we go. It's Eagles week and Mickey falls started. Mickey has false started to start the big week, the biggest week of the season, and Mickey is reaching for his controls under the board.
Speaker 4: Here are you ready to start now, Mickey?
Speaker 5: No, it's too loud.
Speaker 4: Oh now it's too loud.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're inside the SWBC podcast studio.
Speaker 4: And this is mix shots.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: And yes, we completed the last week last night with the Jacksonville Cincinnati Monday night game, and now it is officially Eagles week.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: You're right there.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 4: You got to make Let's try it now. Okay, start over.
Speaker 5: I heard it all.
Speaker 4: So here we are.
Speaker 3: It's Cowboys Eagles Week. And we didn't want that Shack Leonard guy anyway.
Speaker 2: Did we know we don't.
Speaker 4: Want We've been saying the last several days.
Speaker 7: Yesterday it was not gonna work when when he was like, he moved on you.
Speaker 2: When you when you leave the when you leave the building, right, you ain't coming back. He did not, you know that from personal experience.
Speaker 4: Went to Seattle and wound up in New York.
Speaker 2: But I knew I wasn't going to go to Seattle. I just liked my ego Stoke.
Speaker 4: I never had the recruiting Jack Leonard might have been the same way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he had his He had this, He got his flowers when he was a kid. I didn't get mine until I was already try.
Speaker 5: When I was told, I asked and I and I got the answer. My gut feeling is he's signing.
Speaker 2: With the Eagles yesterday.
Speaker 5: And it was like, That's what my gut feeling was. And then when we found out his relationship with Siriani, and then when I read I.
Speaker 2: Thought that were really pushing our way.
Speaker 5: I read in the Philadelphia paper that Siriani had been texting him and having other people in the organization face time with him, and I was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: So do you think they sent him on a scouting mission here.
Speaker 5: To see what the Cowboys were doing and how they were playing their defense.
Speaker 2: They already know they already.
Speaker 5: Know well, And Jerry pointed out, or Dan Quinn pointed out that you know, they gave him an idea of how he would be used here, and you know they're more desperate for him than the Cowboys. But the thing I need answered and the Colts will never do it. Why do you let the guy go that you've got to in cure twenty six million dollars of dead money.
Speaker 2: And they're still in the hunt.
Speaker 8: It's not like this, right, Yes, detrimental loss, especially with what happened last night with the Jacksonville quarterbacks, right, I mean for Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: Because the are the Colts. They're over five hundred now over five hundred.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I thought they was six and six. I thought that it wasn't shit. Yeah, I wasn't shit, But I mean they came from They are still in the hunt. They are still in the hunts.
Speaker 5: And they and they yeah, there's they are.
Speaker 3: They're seven and five now seven and five because of that last second touchdown pass to beat Tennessee.
Speaker 6: So do we anticipate Shaq Leonard playing this upcoming I think so.
Speaker 4: I think so to Hopes.
Speaker 3: And he's been playing all season, He's he's had two weeks off.
Speaker 9: Now with the two weeks of rust there you go. That's and they met him on Philadelphia. I mean it's not so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, you saw what happened the other day against San Francisco, and that's going on at their linebacker.
Speaker 7: They sweden the pot some kind of way. It probably wasn't money, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, and Jerry pointed out he said that the money part today. I mean, this is what he said. The money part never came into the discussion. So I think he probably felt more comfortable playing for a coach he had worked with for three years.
Speaker 3: I think at this point in the season with you know, every every team is pretty close to the cap if they're not there anyway, and there really hells you only have a month left in the season.
Speaker 4: It's that's nickel and dimes.
Speaker 3: Stuff, you know, compared to a full your salary anyway. So what he's he's in it for. Okay, that those lucrative payoffs that we talked about last week or so about the postseason winnings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like ring extra right, yeah, So and that's what he's chasing and he should.
Speaker 2: Well after next week he'll be like, damn it.
Speaker 5: I went to the Everson Walls.
Speaker 3: Very confident Everson Walls as we kick off Eagles week here. So ever, since you said you watched the game last night, I did those quarterbacks and this it's this is a game of survival. This is the best reality TV show.
Speaker 9: In the world.
Speaker 3: The NFL is more and what we have is survival here.
Speaker 2: You know, I couldn't.
Speaker 7: Initially when he stepped on the guy's foot, I thought, Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: But then when he bent.
Speaker 3: Back, yeah, how that okay?
Speaker 5: Then when he went down, took his helmet off and slammed it into the ground. Man, And and you think they got golf carts over there. He had to walk all that way, all the way.
Speaker 7: Up the road, guys, And I was thinking that maybe he was like, hey, I gotta see if I can put the.
Speaker 4: It's a cramp when you.
Speaker 2: Can't put anything on it.
Speaker 7: Now, if the man awrive, it was weird, wasn't I'm a bit diagnosing. Okay, look he walks, it must be the right ankle. And because he's surely in pain. Yeah, and they're like we're back in World War two or something, and.
Speaker 5: And you know me right away, it's like, oh, he tore his achilles.
Speaker 2: You know, everything's chilling every.
Speaker 5: To me, right, but that when you saw it, I said, oh something broke in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, Yeah, you just knew it. You just knew it. If he got up from that, you know, God and I depended on how things happened. He could have gotten nothing.
Speaker 3: And the latest he passed all MRIs and only has a high ankle sprain. And Doug Peterson wouldn't put a timetable on Trevor's return, but also didn't rule him out for next week.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: I'd say that too.
Speaker 2: I think that's I could see that being.
Speaker 5: If it's a high ankle sprain, you're talking four weeks probably.
Speaker 2: Right, But I just didn't want to have to have surgery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it looked bad, and I mean he's playing so well. That was the thing I hadn't forgotten. They had won that what seven eight games in a row? Oh no, no, it was seven, right.
Speaker 6: I think there's many quarterback injuries.
Speaker 5: Well, they put the whole list up there, and those are the ones that are out. There's others that you might be out for a week or so, and it's.
Speaker 2: Right, those are ones just out for the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, Yeah, but how about Jake Browning.
Speaker 3: I was going to say about the backup quarterbacks. They came in even CJ this part, you know, he did decent. Yeah, so backups.
Speaker 5: Can come in as long as Jake Browning has been in the league and he had won a game that was crazy.
Speaker 7: It's about opportunity, it's about teamwork, teammates.
Speaker 4: That's what it is, exactly, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Now Zach Wilson doesn't even want to go back in the back in the game now that the teammates he has in the Jets they did him a favor.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 3: Now they're back to him again.
Speaker 7: I think he looks he's just another party right now talking about Browning, He's another party. A guy that has the potential, he's got the talent for it.
Speaker 2: Just surround me with good people.
Speaker 3: Speaking of rock Party yesterday, it was one year ago yesterday that he became the starting quarterback for the forty nine ers. He had the day before he had come off the bench and let him do a victory after Garoppolo went down. And so it was a year ago yesterday. If the College Football Playoff Committee in charge of the NFL postseason the forty nine ers would not have made the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Quar right, you.
Speaker 5: Knew that was going to happen. I mean, was anybody surprised?
Speaker 2: I was hoping they do the right thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did not do but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: The right thing. Wasn't going to be the most exciting thing.
Speaker 5: They got to the fourth point when they put Texas at number three, when the best teams and when you saw that game, you're going, Okay, they're not one of the best teams. They won. They figured a way to win.
Speaker 3: When you saw Alabama play Auburn, did you think they're one of the best teams.
Speaker 5: They figured out how to win and Florida figured out.
Speaker 2: Ho Aburn figured out how to lose. That's what happened.
Speaker 5: But well, this is not was the score of the Alabama Auburn game.
Speaker 4: It's a three point game?
Speaker 5: What was the score like thirty to twenty seven or something.
Speaker 3: So you can't you can't have a good defense and play for a national championship.
Speaker 5: Not not on national TV Alabama seven.
Speaker 3: Here's here's the whole problem with that, And we'll get back to cowboys talk.
Speaker 4: The whole problem.
Speaker 5: I hope we're going to say what I'm going to say, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: The SEC is overrated this year. This is not the same a SEC we've seen for the last year and a half. Go look at Georgia this year and a week ago Georgia played Georgia Tech and won by eight points. Georgia Tech is a six and six team. It's not the same conference. It's all on reputation. They said, Oh ALAMEMBA knocked off the twenty ninth a team that had won twenty.
Speaker 4: Nine straight games.
Speaker 3: No, they had won eleven straight games or whatever, at twelve straight games, whatever it was this year. And you go back and look at some of those games that they won, they weren't They weren't blowing out teams like they had in the past. You look at Florida State. I went on online yesterday in a reputable draft preview site, Okay, which is Pro Football Network, and they had listed this is prior to the They looked at their rankings of draft eligible players, and Florida State has as many guys on their list as any team in the country that are have a chance of getting drafted this year. They've got twelve Michigan I think as twelve. Georgia has eleven, Alabama's got eight, Texas has nine or ten, and so Florida State.
Speaker 4: It's not like we're.
Speaker 3: Comparing Alabama with a Liberty team that went thirteen and oh or a Tulane team that beat USC And this is a legitimate This is a thirteen and oh, a conference champion team that has NFL talent. In fact, two of the players on their roster are going to be top fifteen picks in this draft, including the edge rusher Jared Verse.
Speaker 5: So you're not failing. Sorry for SMU.
Speaker 4: And SMU also got shafted.
Speaker 5: But they picked the team with the best record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and well but and in that case, they picked the team that didn't have the quarterback that got hurt, and sm you lost their quarterback.
Speaker 5: So to me, And this is what everybody missed is this is for all the people out there that were against a real playoff system because had this been a twelve team playoff system, we're not even talking about this, which everybody's in right. It needed to change fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Needed to change fifty years ago, Vicky, this has been going on.
Speaker 7: I mean, think about think about way, but this one is more I guess when you talk about a team that's thirteen and oh, I don't recall that ever happened.
Speaker 4: It hasn't happened. Yeah, oh in a major conference.
Speaker 5: From a major conference, from a major how about back in the day when the champion was decided by AP voting?
Speaker 4: Right, here's a kicker.
Speaker 5: All I can see is underneath the results is the division. What are they fcs? Here's the list of all the playoff games. And they've been doing that for years. Everybody that was against the playoffs because they didn't want to hurt the bulls, this is for you. It's your fault.
Speaker 4: Here's another note.
Speaker 3: I would love to know if the committee even realize this. Tate Roademaker, the backup quarterback at Florida State who's going to be back for their bowl game, had a concussion. Okay, he came off the bench last year when Jordan Travis got hurt against Louisville in the first half of the game and they were trailing, and he brought them back with three engineered three scoring drives through two touchdown passes and it come from behind thirty five thirty one win over Louisville last year, and no one even talks about that.
Speaker 2: He's done it before. He's that quarterback that can take them and ask the chance.
Speaker 4: And they scored thirty five points. All right.
Speaker 3: When you're a coach, okay, you're trying to figure out what is the best way to win this football game. And now you've you've got the third string quarterback and the weeks before you had the second string quarterback. You just want to make sure I've got a great defense, one of the best defenses in the country. The only thing that I want to make sure of is that this quarterback, who hasn't been taking snaps in practice all year, is not going to make a critical mistake that gives the team the other the opponent an easy touchdown or field position or whatever. And so I'm going to play it conservatively. I'm not trying to score fifty nine points in this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So who need you not want in Texas or Alabama?
Speaker 4: Alabama?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean Texas beat Alabama.
Speaker 7: You watch this quarterback from Alabama. Yes, he's gonna he's going to make eat your words.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's it's all about here's the other part of it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, I'm going to play I mean Alabama might.
Speaker 5: Win at all, they might know Texas might in.
Speaker 3: Texas has a great chance to win it all. Yeah, where's that quarterback from.
Speaker 2: He ain't from Missouri? I know that.
Speaker 4: What's that Texas back? Carol Dragon?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 5: I didn't know that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Just getting started, we're back to cowboys talk.
Speaker 3: Get off the soapbox here when Mick shots continues.
Speaker 11: At a moment, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: They snapper the preshtout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sounds anywhere. It's the crisp crunch first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio. Sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite Wood of Pairing can cracks at Cuco tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swager Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the clue, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Devict Shots.
Speaker 6: K Post Roofine and Waterproofine, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, Nikki, you brought up Rock Purty. Yes so the NFL stats yep. The top three quarterbacks in completion percentage right now, Rock Purty seventy point two, Tua seventy point one, and Dak Prescott seven point one. The only three quarterbacks in the league now completing seventy percent of their passes, which is rather remarkable. It is, Party is ranked number one in quarterback rating one's sixteen point one and Dak is next at one to eight point three.
Speaker 3: I remember when it's about twenty years ago, sixty percent completion right was considered. That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: And if you got the sixty five, oh wow.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: That shows how the game has changed.
Speaker 5: Now it's seventy percent, that's right, and Dak is leading. He's number one in double check this number one in number two in touchdown percentage, but number one in touchdowns with twenty six. And this is the guy everybody wanted to run off because he threw too many interceptions.
Speaker 7: Nobody's talking about it. Interceptions with any quarterback these days, right, so funny. Yeah, but they won't make Yeah, yeah we are, but no one see interceptions. It's not a big deal for anyone this year. Yeah, only because the Cowboys weren't throwing them. Yeah, yeah, it seems to be the case. But I must admit I'm still a little concerned because as we take this stretch, it's gonna be tough, guys. I mean, this stretch is it's the toughest part of our schedule, right It's got to be the toughest part of our schedule right now. Winning teams and also meaningful games going down the stretch.
Speaker 2: So one thing that we have.
Speaker 5: To do well other than other than Philadelphia, who scares you.
Speaker 7: Oh, Miami and Buffalo only because of we have to go there and play. We're talking about different situations. We're talking about potential snow, We're talking about a freaking sauna on the football field, right, Okay, this is what I'm talking about. Those games can test you in many ways. We're worried about Ceedee Lamb in Cowboys Stadium and at AT and T Stadium getting a little fatigued because he was targeted seventeen times. Well you wait till you see him out there in Miami. I want to see how pretty those braids look when the game is over, Will the man.
Speaker 5: Come on, get a roof, Get a roof.
Speaker 7: They like the weather, they want while they watched the game. That's what Miami fans do. But now really into this Dolphins team?
Speaker 5: All right, But if you were playing on a neutral surface or weather, who scares you? Miamis Maynam, Buffalo doesn't. And watching Detroit almost.
Speaker 2: Lose, I'm not worried about Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Detroit almost lose to the Saints that don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 7: I worry about these emotional games. The Detroit game is going to be an emotional game, not necessarily for us, but for the head coach for Detroit. He coming back home. Now, you know, dog one way, he's already emotional.
Speaker 4: But we got Jimmy.
Speaker 5: We got Jimmy here, that's right, We got Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Got way till halftime.
Speaker 5: You know he's gonna be on the field.
Speaker 2: I can see him on the field. Jammy's like, what the hell is he doing down there?
Speaker 5: He'll be he'll be the Cowboys dom.
Speaker 7: But now what we have to look at. Chris is upset about that. By the way, Chris was mad at Doll.
Speaker 4: Chris, we talked too much about.
Speaker 2: No the guy was he was wrong? Chris said he was wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, he shouldn't have been there.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't have been there.
Speaker 3: Producer Supreme, Yes, right, he he he checked me.
Speaker 7: He said, Man, this guy's not supposed to be down there, so that's why they find him and kicked him off the side.
Speaker 5: As I told you were listening actualday when I saw Cable.
Speaker 4: I was about to bring that up.
Speaker 5: He said, Cable, come on, I want to get you got to get a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: We get a ring shut up in the middle of the field and will go up against big dam.
Speaker 5: Well, as I said yesterday, he interceded last year at the San Francisco playoff game when those guys were screwing around with Brett Maher warming up standing in the way, and.
Speaker 7: It's the same guys everything.
Speaker 5: It Deebo, Samuel Trent Williams, and I think it was Ayuk was.
Speaker 4: The other guy.
Speaker 3: If you think big Dom can catch a punt on the sideline, I don't think.
Speaker 5: So that's right. So anyway, but I wanted to point out when we talk about what Dak's been doing here and just look at the stats he or how where his numbers are compared to everybody else.
Speaker 6: I feel like the forty nine ers gave the Cowboys the tape though this week on how to beat the Eagles, and I don't know if the Eagles have enough time to reset for this Sunday because the game was so one sided. You have a lot to look at if you're the Eagles.
Speaker 3: After So what can the Cowboys learn from the Niners as they approached this Eagles game? And what similarities do the Cowboys have to the Niners that they.
Speaker 5: Could putting pressure on Jalen Hurts and keeping him in the pocket. He only ran seven times, so there was not a lot of called runs, and they made sure that their ends were on the outside keeping him there. Now, he threw for almost three hundred yards, but they only scored nineteen points. So I thought Number one and that's something the Cowboys didn't do a very good job of against Seattle was putting pressure on Geno Smith. He had too much time to throw the ball. Did not get sacked once, not once. And when you play Philadelphia you better get after Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 6: And also having the Eagles defense on their toes. You want to switch off between running and passing. You you don't want to just have it be all passing.
Speaker 2: We got to establish the right point. That's a good time.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, you know, I've been fussing about the running game. But then as you saw how they used Christian McCaffrey with the with the Niners, we could do the same thing with Tony in regard said we don't have to run him all the time to be.
Speaker 2: Effective and just get him out in space.
Speaker 7: And that's when similarity total yards from scrimmage can make a difference. He may not get it running the ball, but we we really need him to run that ball better. But having him do uh several things be that that Swiss army knife.
Speaker 3: And there are definite similarities between CD Lamb and Deebo Samuel, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it. They used them the same way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: And their similarities between Jake Ferguson and George Kittle.
Speaker 2: No doubt about that. Any team that's good.
Speaker 5: Jacob beginning, how could you let Dalton Schultz go to Houston?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, Dalton's happy.
Speaker 5: He sort of got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's happy on a.
Speaker 5: One year deal. But yeah, and and I think that was one of the key things that San Francisco did. They ran against that Philadelphia defense which slows them down then going after the quarterback. So yeah, and if this offensive line plays better, you know, McCarthy finally said it on Monday when he's like, well, Dack this and Pollard that, and he goes, yeah, but the offensive line has been together and they're playing at a higher level and.
Speaker 7: They're protecting that right, they're protecting their quarterback as you know. Except this last game yea Seattle, And.
Speaker 2: I was trying to say earlier, but spacks kept cutting off.
Speaker 5: We need to they didn't have any.
Speaker 7: We need to get our penalties together. Yeah, we've got to, guys. It is going to be our downfall when this comes down to it. Big games where the margin of era is so slim, penalties will kill you.
Speaker 2: And we saw that what Philadelphia. We saw that in the Philadelphia GA.
Speaker 5: Unless you get the right crew. Then you can jump on the guy's back, grab them around the neck.
Speaker 7: And it's not that it never happens with us, that we never get those breaks.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe that call just went away.
Speaker 4: Make it non call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Cowboys have had I think five games this season with nine or more penalties taken against.
Speaker 5: Them, taken because I went back, they had five that were dismissed in the game. That's not good. By dismissed of the ten.
Speaker 2: That is not good.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's too late in the season for us to keep these same mistakes and getting all these pies. As a coach, McCarthy's got to feel like, hey man, I'm not doing a good job here.
Speaker 2: What I mean, what are they doing outside?
Speaker 7: There has to be a remedy for that, at least be conscious of it.
Speaker 5: They need to practice with the blue line on the field, not on the team.
Speaker 7: Talking about I'm talking about holding, and yeah, he's really the whole thing.
Speaker 5: The holding part is you're getting your ass beat and you're just grabbing on for dear life. False starts, false starts, stand off sides. Those are the things that you got to clean up, especially when you're playing at home. You're at home at.
Speaker 7: Home, So you're saying that that was fourteen penalties that we had against us in five they didn't take that saying.
Speaker 5: I were dismissed or they had two on one and only one counted.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: There's too much.
Speaker 2: That's too much this year.
Speaker 5: And yet they were able to overcome that because the other team had more No, they had nine, no.
Speaker 3: But they had one hundred, they had more yards penalized. Yeah, one thirty one, twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many times we're gonna get that break? Right?
Speaker 7: I mean, the good teams, they just don't. They don't make that penalties other good teams, these crews, you can't blame it all on the cruise.
Speaker 5: They need to stay away from that. Yeah, because they called nineteen penalties.
Speaker 2: But see, you sound like Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll's team.
Speaker 7: I like Pete Carroll. I like the way he sounds his team has. I mean, he's going to talk about them making all the calls. But yet you still lead the league in penalties at least the second.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's first a second.
Speaker 3: That's because that game went totally against the way Pete Carroll coaches. His DB's to play defense right where you you if you if you're physical with them on every player, they can't throw a flag on every play. And turns out there was a game they threw a flag on every play.
Speaker 7: Well they were those were pish, they were pis. So my thing is, okay, Pete, you're gonna say, I'm gonna handle this next in the off season with the referee as.
Speaker 2: If it's the system. It's not the system. It's your team, it's your coaches.
Speaker 3: You can't call a penalty on every play. We're gonna do the same thing on every play, but you can't call it every time.
Speaker 7: But you you're having your fashions every place, so on man, it is what it is. You can't fuss about something when you're the culprit.
Speaker 5: So I've only seen and I just did this real quickly. No other team had more than eighty one penalties. I'm double checking myself. Cowboys were up number one or two, eighty four, Buffalo had eighty four.
Speaker 2: Oh we're still the.
Speaker 5: Green Bay had eighties hold the crown eighty we still green Bay had eighty six. The Cowboys are second? How many ninety first Seattle?
Speaker 4: That's that's after this week's games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so Pete Cavin macarthy are going to go in and complain about all.
Speaker 5: The you're picking picking on me?
Speaker 4: You think the officials go into a game and they look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Wait, okay, these two teams lead the league in penalties.
Speaker 5: All right, well we better keep an eye on you know what the problem is.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking about this the other night.
Speaker 7: You catch a player who's you know, been flagged too many times by oh yeah, well he can't he you know, he wants to say something about it, but if he said something, he'll get fine.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So why are you report it's so afraid to go and talk to the to the umps.
Speaker 2: Why are you so afraid to talk to the referees.
Speaker 7: Why don't you guys go in there and have our backs? Yeah, y'all Like are they like mafia or something like that? Why a y'all so afraid of the referees?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, I have this vision of you guys.
Speaker 3: How come there's only one pool reporter that can go in and talk to them.
Speaker 5: That's the that's the rule.
Speaker 4: Well, let's have transparency.
Speaker 5: The home the home we have transparency. Team has to supply the poor report.
Speaker 2: So what happens if you bring in more than one?
Speaker 5: No, you only get one. The league only lets you bring in one.
Speaker 2: People break rules all the time.
Speaker 5: No, you can't because the league goes in.
Speaker 4: But the officials don't want to talk because they want to.
Speaker 2: Keep That's what I'm saying, man, they got to talk.
Speaker 5: The league goes in.
Speaker 2: They gotta talk.
Speaker 5: The league goes in.
Speaker 2: So that one reporter, who is that guy?
Speaker 5: Did you I used to do it?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Were you afraid?
Speaker 5: No? I wasn't afraid, but I understood what it was gonna be. What you get a straight answer?
Speaker 2: You gotta be forceful. You are going there.
Speaker 3: But you know what he like you are around here.
Speaker 2: Here's what happens.
Speaker 5: You're in this their locker room. It's like the smallest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Treat them like you treat an intern.
Speaker 5: There's yeah, there's eight of them in there, right, So you go in. The NFL guy goes.
Speaker 2: In, the NFL one of the small The NFL.
Speaker 5: Guy goes in, and the head referee goes is going to get beat up, and everybody's got their record.
Speaker 2: Smoking his face, and.
Speaker 5: The guy who made the call that is being discovered. No, he's standing right there shooting darts out of his eyes and.
Speaker 4: His chest bowed out.
Speaker 5: And so you asked the question and you get a B S answer.
Speaker 2: So that's why they look. So that's why they lift all the weights on.
Speaker 5: You as you asked another follow up question and it's already answer.
Speaker 6: So it's the story straight, ready to go.
Speaker 5: It's the most intimidating you've ever seen.
Speaker 14: The worst part about the worst part about the Seattle Dallas game is Cleate Blakeman's crew have the lowest thrown flags in the league going into that game. They didn't throw they didn't throw very few flags in the game.
Speaker 7: That's why I believe that McCarthy and Pete Keros had shut the hell up about.
Speaker 5: They found out.
Speaker 2: Remember it was the end of the month. They're just trying to catch up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, It's like it was like back in the day, back in the day.
Speaker 2: Speed trap, right, Like, okay, got extra flags, You're good.
Speaker 5: It's like back in the day working at the factory piecemeal. The more you produce, the more you made.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So maybe they thought, well, if we throw flags, they'll pay us more.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue with more mix shots.
Speaker 4: Than just a bullet.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Coup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 10: Twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 5: The Presscott who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escapes left.
Speaker 11: You'll look for fosty just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Crush Scout's gonna run this ship.
Speaker 5: Shelf, run it up the middle and he stores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like to mixed shots.
Speaker 6: Experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant. Every Friday and Saturday Night through December sixteenth. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star and Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes. Visit the Star District dot com for more info.
Speaker 3: Ever since going to be there flawless?
Speaker 2: Are you well?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought you said appearances from your favorite Cowboys hero ever.
Speaker 4: Since going to be there?
Speaker 3: I was, I was not invited ever since my favorite Cowboys here?
Speaker 6: I agree you should be there?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Okay?
Speaker 3: Did you know the Cowboys can clinch a playoff birth Sunday night?
Speaker 5: I tried to figure that out.
Speaker 3: I got it for you.
Speaker 5: It was way too confusing.
Speaker 3: Tell Us with a win was the real Cowboys. Here's all that has to have a lot. All that has to have Cowboys win plus a Minnesota lost or tie plus a green Bay loss or tie, plus a Seattle loss plus a Tampa Bay loss or tie plus a Detroit winner tie plus a Rams lost or tie.
Speaker 4: As long as Green Bay and Minnesota both don't.
Speaker 8: Tie, how I'm gonna down.
Speaker 5: There are two other options. I want you to make that. Get that in your shown.
Speaker 7: You gotta simplify this. There's not going to be a tie. That's what you need to realize.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't take.
Speaker 6: That part to lose or tie.
Speaker 5: I don't believe there's been a time.
Speaker 3: I just saw it on Twitter and I thought i'd speak without.
Speaker 4: One of the things.
Speaker 5: The one of the things I saw going into that game last night was if Jacksonville wins, they clinching number one seed, and it's like, no, they'll be the number one seed now, but there's too much for the moment, for the moment. Yeah, they left out the moment. There's all these.
Speaker 2: Games like the game man, they couldn't get it all. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't on the broadcast. It was like it was like something ahead of time.
Speaker 2: They actually did say something about it on the book.
Speaker 5: But they did say they would have the number one seed at that point, but not for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Playoffs.
Speaker 5: Playoffs.
Speaker 3: Mickeyed, anything that you heard from the head coach or the coordinators yesterday that you would like to present to us today.
Speaker 5: I thought dan Quinn was talking about the resiliency of his of his defense and he was talking about how, you know, Seattle the office. You know, we didn't do the job we should have done or needed to do early in the game. And you know, they gave up thirty five points. But his point was, no matter what happened at the end, we closed the game out those last three Essians. And it reminded me of something I wrote down Saturday when they were in interviewing Nick Saban and they were talking about stats and everything, and his point was, you have to figure out how to win a game. And I thought, if you think about the Cowboys game against Seattle, they figured out how to win the game. And ever since has talked about this so much over you know time, talking about you've got to make a play when it's time to make a play, right, make the difference in the game. And I thought, you know, I saw a lot of criticism of Cowboys defense and oh, they played a good team, and you know, and they struggled, but they figured out how to win the game. And if you think about the Eagles over these last month or so and all those close calls they had, they were padded on the back because somehow they figured out right, Yes, and so here are the Cowboys finally figured out how to win a game and they got criticized for it. So to me, what what he was talking about? Uh? And he and he said, and I can put Land Bland in this in this category, like, Okay, he didn't have the first half he wanted to have, but second half of the second half, he came back. He was resilient, He had an interception.
Speaker 2: He only gave up like four for forty something yours.
Speaker 5: He almost yeah, and he almost had a second interception. And the same thing with Jordan Lewis. He had two breakups in those last that was possessions was huge.
Speaker 7: His last breakup was amazing. Right, That's what we've been waiting on for him for a while.
Speaker 5: And as we talk about cornerbacks, you're going to give up yards, but you got to make a play at some point. So that that that sort of you know, stuck out to me from what he had to say.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: When you look at that game against Seattle, which team had fresh legs in the fourth quarter of that game to rhetorical.
Speaker 5: Question, yeah, obviously, right.
Speaker 4: You look at the snap counts in that game, and.
Speaker 3: Well, number one, the Cowboys had ran eighty nine offensive plays in the game. But the Seattle defensive lineman Leonard Williams had seventy snaps on defense, which is an astronomical amount for a defensive lineman basically a nose taggle, and Jaron Reid had sixty seven snaps. You look at the Cowboys defensive lineman and DeMarcus Lawrence had led with forty seven snaps. I mean, you look at that, and that goes into not just the rotation that Dan Quinn employees on his defense with those front with front four guys, but also it's that complimentary football that they talk about and Mike McCarthy talks about, and what the Cowboys are doing on offense, controlling the football, and by the fourth quarter of the game, Seattle is wearing down on defense.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. I hadn't looked at the Cowboys offensive snaps. They had eighty nine eighty nine. It's a lot normal is sixty five seventy right, eighty nine snaps? Seattle had sixty nine. There you go, amazing. And Bobby Wagner played every snap, yep, he did eighty nine. Jamal Adams eighty eight. The Woolen guy that they kept picking on the car eighty seven.
Speaker 7: By the way, my uncle called my sister during the game and said that one of our relatives married one of his relatives way back in the day, so by marriage were related to to because from he's from Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he went to uts A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so ever since he's nothing like you.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's pretty good. He had six picks.
Speaker 3: You see what he's fast, like a four to two five by marriage, I said, he's like six four.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's amazing.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're in a four two nine.
Speaker 7: And he had six interceptions last year and several people had six, so he tied for the lead.
Speaker 5: But obviously they went after him. Yeah right, and they had him playing man on on lamb.
Speaker 2: These were good DB's.
Speaker 7: They had those two cornerbacks. We were he was killing him. See, he was killing him and willing the same thing. We were going at him. So when you can say you, uh, you figure out way to win, well you better have some offense if you're gonna figure out the way to win, and your defense just needs to be opportunistic. That seems to be the way we're doing it right now. I just don't like that all the time. Going to the playoffs, right, our offense is doing well, but in the playoffs things happen. Okay, defense has to step up, and it has to be in front. You know, it's got to be the one that's car and the flag. It can't be the one that says, okay, we're gonna play.
Speaker 2: Off for you. That's gonna be tough to do once we get in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: So if you consider this game on Sunday, playoff type game, you don't want to see thirty eight thirty five.
Speaker 7: I think the Cowboys always play playoff games from Thanksgiving on. I think that's that's the way it always should be, and that's the way they always approach it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: Once we get after once Thanksgiving starts, that's when the seasons that's the playoffs. Let's just say it. That is the playoffs.
Speaker 2: The coaches say, well, these these these means something.
Speaker 7: Now, all they're saying is we got to play playoff football starting now.
Speaker 2: We can't wait till the playoffs.
Speaker 5: As McCarthy kept present in uh emphasizing, uh, this is December football.
Speaker 2: That's what that's all he means. Yeah, that's all he means this is we might.
Speaker 7: As well be in playoff mode, right, now, and that's that's every team that has a chance at this.
Speaker 5: Point, and with your goal, the first one is to win the division. Right, Well, okay, if you beat the Eagles, but that's not over with. As Bill keeps pointing out, you know they won their four straight, Well I need to win five straight. Well, you probably need to win about eight straight to be able to have a chance to win the division because if you look at who everybody else has to play, the Cowboys probably have the hardest role, the toughest stretch.
Speaker 4: Screw the division. I want the home, I want all.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at San Francisco and you got to finish ahead of them because of what happened in San Francisco earlier.
Speaker 7: But evaentually, we gotta grow up, man, we gotta grow up. I mean I loved it when I was with the Giants. We went on the road and kicked everybody's ass.
Speaker 5: Okamoto almost out of time. Francisco has the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Ravens, and the Washington and the Rams.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a tough game for them.
Speaker 5: Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks, and Raven Giants, Arizona Giants.
Speaker 3: That the Rams game won't matter as far as their division is concerned. They'll have that right before Christmas. But you were talking about one number one seed that.
Speaker 2: They're not letting up. No, they're not letting out.
Speaker 3: And officially Reek wooling at the combine.
Speaker 4: It's by the way, no, it's weak. That's just on Pro Football Reference it even.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's officially got it changed to Reek.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: I mean looking at the Pro Football References, says Reek Wollen r I q Reek.
Speaker 5: I thought they were calling him Rick in the press.
Speaker 2: Bot too, me too, me too.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he ran a four to six at the combine at six four at six four two d and five Richard Sherman type stuff. Richard Sherman, You want me to find out what he was? Yeah, okay, hold on a second, hold on, a second, hold on.
Speaker 5: Well, who was the guy last night he was playing for?
Speaker 3: He was a fifth round draft pick. There's no way he ran a four too.
Speaker 5: Who was he playing twenty one.
Speaker 9: For?
Speaker 5: Not Jacksonville, the other team, the other team, wife Mike.
Speaker 4: Richard Sherman ran a four five four?
Speaker 2: Is that all now? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 3: But he's six three, So that's the similarity there. Sixty three verse sixty four. What do you run for eating him?
Speaker 2: A good day? It was a good day.
Speaker 4: Did they have a combine back then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, yeah, but you know that Grambling, they just like they had the combine over the.
Speaker 2: They had the combat at the White School.
Speaker 7: Then they came they were like, okay, guys, I'm gonna have a drink and go time. These guys at Grammar, that's kind of that.
Speaker 2: They come out there and they just you know, watch is broken.
Speaker 3: But that's where you could tweak it and run him thirty nine yards, right, we probably.
Speaker 5: Did it was it was the Cincinnati safety. He came up and made a play, came out of nowhere, number twenty twenty or twenty one, now number twent Well, both of them were were making play.
Speaker 2: One guy number twenty.
Speaker 5: Four to two something at the combine and it showed rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the rookie was number twenty.
Speaker 5: Okay, and he came out of nowhere, and he came up and supported and made the play, and Troy was going on and on.
Speaker 2: I thought they would call talking and getting pretty hard in the in the head.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're done, we're.
Speaker 5: Done, all right, We're wayne done.
Speaker 4: All right, we get into it.
Speaker 3: More tomorrow when everybody else comes back to work tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Will be back to work tomorrow. They enjoyed their vacation Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We'll see again tomorrow here on Mixed Shots Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.