Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season too eighty four, Episode one of T Daily's I I Stay production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Monday, April twenty fourth, twenty twenty three. My name's Jack O'Brien aka Bumble the Bag. Last night on this site just for power and hate of trans women. And now I'm so high in debt, my friends, and this place is gonna suck a long long time. As cat Turd yet again begins to one, I'm not the man shit, I can't even code. Oh no, no no, I build rockets man, rockets man. Actually, I don't build anything that is courtesy of Christy. I'm Agucci Mane the Great and uh just a all time night head by one Elon Monsk. Just what a day last Thursday for that for that young man. Well, I'm thrilled to be joined in our second seat by a very special guest co host, very funny, stand up community writer, actor, improviser, a biomedical engineer. It's one of our favorite guests, one of our favorite co hosts, Polo.
Speaker 2: Daiking. Are you down down, down, down, down.
Speaker 3: Down down even if the news is falling down, you ought to know. This is Polavi and I'm in the zone. Put on the pod. I want to see Jack run the show.
Speaker 1: So leave it.
Speaker 3: Behind because we have an hour again away. So come on and side with me as we.
Speaker 2: Make a great escape. So Daiking, don't worry. You are my own.
Speaker 3: You won't be lonely even if the news is falling down.
Speaker 2: You'll be my only No need to worry. Baby, are you gang gang Gang Gang Gang singer? That's my first AKA, and I have to say I was pressured into doing it by this man. So Jacques Neil told me to say, what up brown people?
Speaker 1: Well it was wonderful. You nailed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh, I was practicing.
Speaker 1: I had. Pressure can be a good thing, it can be.
Speaker 2: I had to do Jayshaun Wright, our British brown brother, you know what I mean. I had to.
Speaker 1: Very very good, very well done. Jacquise one of the great AKA performers. But I think I've said this before. I think Jaquiz is one of my favorite singers. He's not a professional singer. I've only heard him sing. AKA. Is one of my favorite singers.
Speaker 2: Well he does. He's a voice actor, so he's got a great voice. It's it's cheating, you see, they're basically singers.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, well, paul By, thank you so much for joining filling in for Miles as he takes care of the geist Child, who I got to be on a meeting with recently.
Speaker 2: And oh my make a little boss baby boy.
Speaker 1: He is the boss baby. He is going to take my place. He's going to take over the team, and I welcome it. I welcome my new geist Child.
Speaker 2: Overlord, like Jen Alpha, what is that generation now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think we've even named them.
Speaker 2: Wow, they're gonna name themselves. That's how where they are. That's how self aware they'll be.
Speaker 1: That's right. And then they get named later by other people. Yeah, and they're just like fuck off. Anyways, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by the creator of Red dot Comics. Go to Patreon right now support gain access to her tasteful impropriety. Please welcome Kim Windows.
Speaker 4: A ka, DM me your plugs.
Speaker 1: DM me your plugs. Interesting, I don't.
Speaker 4: Have any songs. I felt intimidated.
Speaker 2: You guys went all out visual art. That's the first time I did that.
Speaker 4: So you didn't have to say I will DM.
Speaker 1: Me or plugs? Is that a? Is that a because you've talked about butt plugs before on previous appearances. Is that what we're referring to when we say DM me your plugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fascination. One of my main characters is Gary the butt plug. But like every day I will get DM or a message like I saw this out in the wild and it's just like a street cone that looks like a butt plug. Don't like, don't some of your toys send me like obscure plugs?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, yeah, I just wanted to clarify for you.
Speaker 2: You see like spaces and buildings and they were like, oh, it's like a building that's smiling, and they said to each each other, but it's like that with but with butt plugs, which exactly would make you smile more. Honestly, I just love.
Speaker 4: The thought, like when people see like something that's plug shaped, they think of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm always like texting people being like does this does this building look like my mom? Doesn't? Doesn't it seem like it's mad at me? Like do you do anybody else see that? They're like, no, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: My dog barked when you said, does this building look like my mom? So he doesn't want to know.
Speaker 1: Is that okay? Yeah? Yeah, most people do well, Kim. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about ras Musin polls. Rass Musin. It is like a slithering ass name, like it sounds Rasputin. Yeah, yeah, it's like ras Putin, but not as cool the Musa. It sounds like it could be like a musinex type thing, but also like an evil house in Hogwarts. Anyways, they are their polls are Nazi trash, but they keep cropping up in the news. So we just wanted to kind of give people a history of rest muse and polling on where you've seen their work before. We're going to talk about Michigan Republicans still want to jail unmarried couples living together in sin That's still a law that's on the books and in a lot of places. We're just gonna look at some of those. There's one in North Carolina that wants to jail or arrest unmarried man and woman who decide to ludely and lasciviously associate bed and cohabitate together. That's my North Carolina accent. I guess I do declare, but you can just like smell the horrifying room that this was written in in like eighteen oh five. So I'll talk about, yeah, exactly when they were called senator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, founding fathers.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly. We were much fonder of them back then. We'll talk about Twitter's Blue check purge, which went well. It seemed like it went well, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I lost mine and I feel free.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I will. We'll get your man on the street like perspective, Woman on the street perspective of what that was like. There's some good news in Parkinson's research. We'll talk about all that plenty more. But first, Kim, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: How to get crows to leave you gifts?
Speaker 2: What I love crows.
Speaker 1: We have so.
Speaker 4: Many crows in our neighborhood, in our backyard. We fed them for years just like whatever leftover like tortillas or bread we have, and they left me like the small little jewel from it had to be like a cheat and necklace.
Speaker 1: So but the crows don't know it's cheap. The crows are like, damn her, are you sure?
Speaker 2: She's like this is like your parents getting you a presence and you're like, thinks guys.
Speaker 4: So they left us that and then they they went way downhill. Then they came back and left me a stick, and it's okay.
Speaker 2: That's that's a big deal to crows, part of their home, you know what I mean, I guess, but like you, that's a that's a load bearing stick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that stick goes on the refrigerator like it's going to be Did.
Speaker 1: The stick look like a plug? Though? That's the question that how well, yeah, well they fucked up then. I know we have a big crow audience. But like they need to let their crow friends know.
Speaker 2: Anything could be a plug. If you really think about the.
Speaker 4: Worst they you wouldn't even know. It's like it's, uh, what is it like tricycles with training wheels. That's kind of the plug they left me that kind of way.
Speaker 2: Are crow butts shaped? Like maybe it works for their butts, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: They forever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe it's a perfect plug for their kloak. Yeah, here you used my My dogs keep like they look like they're about to bark at the crows on my street, and I'm like, no, we need them on our side. Don't do not anger the crows.
Speaker 1: There are friends, they're smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So they left me those two gifts, and then now that we like receive them, I want more, but I don't know how to go about, Like some people were suggesting leaving coins on the little table that we put the bread on, or giving them kibble and water. I'm just trying to look at more tricks so I can like get my horde of fake jewels and sticks and then I have my army.
Speaker 1: Yeah, murder, your murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah murder. You're like the queen of dragons. But with crows, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: It would be the best animal I think to have, like a group of that kind of did your bidding because I guess monkeys, but then crows.
Speaker 4: Monkeys are funny, Crows can be menacing.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you don't want to people saying people would do not want to anger crows, like they remember shit, they're very smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah up to two years. That's what I read in my research, Like they'll hold a grudge for two years. But then they also remember people's faces. And it makes sense because I'll go on runs around my neighborhood and I seriously have two or three crows that follow me my entire run. It's like, guys, I don't have bread on me, right now.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: You're just running and there's like crows just like I mean, you must be so safe on yours.
Speaker 4: Sense why our neighbors don't talk talk to me? Yeah down the street.
Speaker 2: I also like that they're better than Hollywood types, Like they remember faces. That's really sweet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they actually remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah we met at that thing, right, that was.
Speaker 1: So the ultimate goal is to just have just a a storm of crows following you around, just like blotting out the sun everywhere you.
Speaker 4: Go, exactly shitting on cars. I don't like, like a tesla. There a tesla over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Nice, you know, I love it. They They will like sometimes just make make it rain like sticks and like we we have a murder that is has made our neighborhood their home, and like sometimes like one of our neighbors was like, yeah, I thought it was raining and it turned out like the crows were just like dropping sticks and ship on our house.
Speaker 2: That's like cool. That's like when the US military just like goes and rops like packets of ship everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do wonder if it's like when a cat will bring you like a half dead mouse and they like want to see if you'll finish it or like eat the mouse, like they're terrifying. It's like, you know, they want to see how much they can respect you, Like I want. I wonder how how closely they're monitoring what you did with the stick.
Speaker 2: They're like, stick it in your butt?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it for us?
Speaker 4: They first they thought I was poor, which is correct, and then it's like your house is ship here, you go here.
Speaker 1: Maybe do something with this. I don't know. Yeah, what is uh? What is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Basil plants the kind that you buy in the grocery store. Those are so overrated and I hate buying them because then I feel obligated to keep it alive when I just want to kill it. Anyways, Oh my god, basil a lot in my cooking. But then like they give you the little soil and then you have the stems and it's sad. But it just feels so wasteful because nine times out of ten dies almost immediately.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, I've never I don't think I've ever bought one of the ones that's in soil. It seems like too much of a commitment for seems like like a real step up from you know, I'm I'm spice shopping and they're like here, how about a lifelong commitment to Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I feel. But I can't just find them in bunches anymore, not like time or rosemary. It it has to all be in the soil. Maybe it's the stores that I'm by, but I can't find just already massacred plants for my benefits.
Speaker 2: That's what you need from the rows is get them to train them to bring you basil. Yeah, but see also, like how long does it take for like a leaf to grow? Because if you like use all your basil leafs off your plant and then the next day you're like, well, I have to wait like another three months or something.
Speaker 1: Me and this basil plant aren't on the same schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like exactly, I have like three right now in my kitchen, just like sitting in cups. So I'm hopefully like rotating between all three so it can grow, and then I torture it by pulling off its appendages, and then I do it to the other one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm with great glee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very great glee.
Speaker 1: I do love the idea, and I think all grocery outlets should start adopting this terminology that all produced besides the basil plants are pre massacreg Like this is our pre massa urge plant section of the grocery store. That's fun.
Speaker 4: The dead don't go to the meat section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and do they let you come into the grocery store with the crows or do they make the crows sit wait outside in the park.
Speaker 4: They wait, They wait outside for me. But they helped me carry the bags to the car, like they're very helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring me the pre massacred bananas. Yeah, that rules. What is something you think is underrated? Uh?
Speaker 4: Kitch? I think like aesthetics is such a big thing nowadays. Everyone wants like a mood or a vibe where I kind of miss just going in and seeing random cute, quirky things. And it doesn't necessarily have to fit a whole idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that I feel like people's homes are so like lacking and vibrancy, Like they're so like gray and dull, and I feel like it's not good for like children's development with like their color and like the shapes and things that they need to you know, be around, because everybody's like, oh, we're gonna be minimalist and fucking dull, and it's like that it doesn't feel lived in like any of these homes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally. There's actually a phrase I heard. I want to say it was on TikTok or Reddit, but millennial Gray, yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: A thing Millennial Gray, Kim and Kanye is. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because we like that's the only thing we feel like we can control. I guess it's.
Speaker 4: A calm, neutral environment where it's like it's so understimulating. I want, I want something fun and cute. It doesn't have to be everywhere. But like, I think people are more afraid to go kitchy because they don't want to be deemed odd, you know.
Speaker 2: I think also like it's bad for sustainability for people to like buy all these like specific things that fit one style rather than like reusing stuff or like, you know, buying things that just like are functional and not worrying about the aesthetic as much.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I so I have to. I'm recording this on my wife's computer because my computers just stop working on turning on this morning. I misheard. I don't think I have the recording setup right. And I misheard what you said as hitch the Will Smith film.
Speaker 2: I also heard that too.
Speaker 1: I thought I was how you were going to bring this back around with the Will Smith film hitch until you said kitchy. And now I'm now now I got you.
Speaker 4: Hitch is kind of kitch.
Speaker 2: It is Pitch is kitch and anytime you have Paul Blart in a movie, that's a little bit of kitch, right.
Speaker 1: How how to get Paul Blart laid is basically the log line what if Paul Blart wanted to have sex? Like? What if?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What would that be? Like? Yeah, there's there is a whole movement in child rearing that I think goes back a long time. I don't think it's super recent. But there's like a school I think it's called the Waldorf School, but I know there is a Waldorf school. I'm not sure this is the one. But it's like you don't, like you can't have toys that have color like your children.
Speaker 2: I think I remember that, like they have like very minimalist toys. That's like so bad for children's development. Like that is there's a reason that thing like places and play things are all for kids are all like all different colors and shapes and yeah, you know, like it's because they're very tactile and visual and they develop in a certain way, like their brains are like trying to figure stuff out right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think there there's something about like when you watch some of the YouTube videos that have just an impot like one hundred billion views and it's like just cartoons that people put their children in front of, and like developmental like child development experts are like this is bad because it's just like just cramming as many noises and sounds and things into children's you know, sensory receptors as they possibly can get in there. Like I think there's something there but to be like and therefore you don't get to get to see colors. It seems like a weird like overstep of the whole thing. And the parents who go there, oh man, they they think you're they're better than you.
Speaker 2: Isn't the waldark That reminds me of like the arrested development school, where children should either be seen or heard.
Speaker 1: But I love some kitch. Do you do? Like the flea markets?
Speaker 4: And I haven't been to like the big flea market that's I think it's Slung Beach or South of l A. Like, I know there's a big one. I haven't been to that, But I do go to a lot of consignment stores and thrift stores.
Speaker 1: Thrift stores was the word I was looking for, and I came up with flea market. I'm old. My computer stopped working today.
Speaker 4: You know, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: You're having a millennial gray Monday.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll call it to make myself sound young, And it's just the millennial gray of my aging brain.
Speaker 2: My favorite place to shop is on the sidewalks where everybody throws out their furniture, anything that doesn't have carpeting or soft stuff that could have bed bugs. I'm like, I probably need another lamp, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's so many lamps. Yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about polling another bullshit and We're back and rasp musin dun dun dun so. Breitbart is reporting that one in three Americans strongly support the transphobic bud Light boycott. This is based on it. You might if you pay attention to poles, you might be confused because you know, obviously there's a lot of transphobia in the country, but that number is super high. And you know, there was also a recent poll that found that two thirds of Americans are against laws that would limit transgender rights, which would mean that there are millions of people who want to protect trans rights but also support kid rock tearfully like humping shotgun rounds into a case of beer out of sheer, like impotent bigotry. Just it seems like it strains credulity a little bit that both these poles can be correct.
Speaker 2: So I feel like the rest muse pole you said it was all bright BARTI and nazi like, right, So they probably are only polling people they think are people, which are white people like they probably are not like sis white, you know.
Speaker 1: I know when they first kicked off, the way they worked was by just doing landline robopolling, so like that that is a very specific demographic of old people who pick up their land line.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone under forty five that picks up their phone if they don't know the number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was actually during the Trump administration that they were still using land line pulling, so pretty pretty specific demographic and like there was like a dumb, weird part of me that always wanted to pay attention to Trump's approval rating to just like be hope that like, ah, the country's finally figured it out. He's he's an idiot. But the RAS muse in pulling was always it was like ten points higher than everyone else, like it'd be like, nope, he's the most popular president ever, it turns out, but they use manipulative techniques in order to serve up right wing friendly poll results. One example of this is when Scott Adams had his racist rant that claimed that black people of all types are a heat group. A muse some poll as evidence, and the polling question surveyed people and asked them if they agreed or disagreed with the statement It's okay to be white, which is like a long term Nazi like for the past twenty years, like white supremacists have been using that as like a thing to be, like, oh, you don't think it's okay to be what?
Speaker 2: They are like, they're like, what is a woman?
Speaker 1: Thing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They stick to like three arguments. They're like, don't like you. There are only two pronouns. My pronouns are kick your ass or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what is a woman?
Speaker 2: And now they're making my child cry because it's not okay to be white?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, so they this has been a loaded phrase, it's okay to be white as a loaded phrase that's been used for decades by white supremacists to provoke liberals into condemning the statement and then be like what it's like. It's like being the equivalent of being like why is there no white entertainment television?
Speaker 2: If there's you know, like it's gonna be the theme of the next Dilbert is like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like why, you know, why can't I scream white lives matter at someone who says black lives matter? What? What's wrong with it? It's like you're that Everyone who is doing that who like that, they're already two levels deep in a conversation, at least two levels deep in like a conversation where they're.
Speaker 2: The racist, Yeah, your false ignorance does not, you know, preclude you from like not understanding racist. Like Also, I just want to say, kid Rock being mad at bud Light is like really like that Wesley Snipes meme where he's like shooting someone. Yeah, Rock grew up like really fucking wealthy, Like his parents are millionaires, right, Like, I don't please He's like been cosplaying this whole time. He does not give a show about budd Yeah. So the polling company, it wasn't like an evil name that they came up with. It was started by someone named Scott Rasmussen, who oddly enough invented ESPN with his dad. What then yeah, sold it off a few few years later. He's an idiot, so he like barely made money off of it, or maybe he was somebody just you know, stole the idea from him, But like he invented it with his dad, got Getty Oil to invest. But he's the genius who came up with the name for ESPN, which is Entertainment Sports Programming Network. That's what ESPN stands for.
Speaker 1: Just one of the most word salad like combinations of words. Entertainment Sports Programming Network. Is like I feel like they pulled that from a.
Speaker 2: They're playing darts.
Speaker 1: Poetry magnet, like yeah, grab bag. But it's always had He's whites premise, this you know, right wing piece of shit, and so it's just always had this lean. When he started his robo call polling business after they sold ESPN, he was immediate yeah calling right.
Speaker 4: It's like he wanted to like start out as serious as possible in sports. Realize that's not good enough. I'm just a pivot.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. But like Rush Limbough and Bill O'Reilly were such fans of his that he like his website would always crash in the early days because they would mention him and then suddenly all the all the white supremacists would come running. So and then his website was used by the Bush reelection campaign in two thousand and four. And I don't know that he was the poll that people would point to during the Trump administration to be like this is he's killing it, folks, folks guys winning he's the most popular president. But basically they ask questions which guarantee a result that will be favorable to the conservative media. So it just when when you see and like the LA Times and places like that still like still treat this as a legitimate.
Speaker 2: Polling have no idea, like people are not like literate when it comes to polls or like where like the data from poles comes from, or what it means in terms of like predictability and statistics, Like they don't understand that, like this is a percentage. This is not like predictive. This is not even like necessarily like reflective. It's really dependent on the questions you're asking, the demographic you're polling, how you're doing it, Like they I don't know. I feel like it's crazy that it is such a large industry, given how misinterpreted the results can be. And also like when you start with asking these questions and start with a white supremacist, you're not going to get anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they even let them like do the like draw the conclusions? They Yeah. The RESTNUSEM website proclaimed a majority of Americans don't buy into the woke narrative and most voters reject anti white beliefs, and their rationale for that was a poll that found that seventy nine percent of people agreed with the statement black people can be racist too.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So they were like, and that from that we can draw all of these other conclusions.
Speaker 4: I think that like what you were saying about people not understanding polls thirty years ago, I feel the news was much more trustworthy, and they're playing on people being naive and thinking that it's still a fair playing ground like that they're really trying to get every corner of the community when really, like there are these very small and nefarious things that of course they're going to try to hide as much as possible. Like I had like no idea the ESPN thing they're connected that that's so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think he just was involved with the very very early stages in like the nineteen eighties. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. It's it's just so it's clearly trash. It's obviously no surprise that Breitbart would use their findings as headline Podder, but restnues and Poles are like still cited by like Time Magazine and LA Times and NBC. So it's just you really have to do you think.
Speaker 4: They're getting paid, Like why would you give them oxygen?
Speaker 2: Still there's yeah, there's others holes, there's no Oh you mean, do you think like the main news like LA.
Speaker 4: Times and stuff, like why would they still use them when they.
Speaker 1: Because it gets clicks. Yeah, I think it's for profit media. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never looked at Breitbart as like an actual standalone website. In my mind, it's just a Nazi tumbler.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: How I think of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, speaking of Nazis and the right wing in America, this is just a fun little check in with where their values are at. Michigan is repealing a nineteen thirty one law which states that unmarried couples living together is a crime punishable by a one thousand dollars fine and as much as one year imprisonment. And I disagree. Are Republicans are opposing it?
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think this law should stay on the books. Okay, I think people are living in sin. I think we should go back to a time when just two female friends who were besties lived together for their their decades of friendship and that alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were just roommates.
Speaker 2: They were just tank roommates. That's what I'm saying. There should be none of this man and women living together in sin. It should just be man living with other fanciful men and women living with their best friends.
Speaker 4: The only thing that should be in your pants is the word of gone.
Speaker 1: Thank you amen. Oh my god, you guys just finally speak my language. But yeah, literally half of the state's Republican senator senators voted against the bill, and it's just like the it's an impossible. So this bill is still on the books in like Mississippi and a couple other like so in North Carolina. Florida even repealed it back in twenty sixteen, but like.
Speaker 2: Mississippi just got rid of slavery like last year. Yeah, yeah, so like they're still catching up, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when Florida repealed it, they weren't like, obviously, this is backwards and not in line with how we live today. They were just like it's impossible to enforce, which is funny to me that they're like, I mean, we've tried, we go and interview roommates to make sure they're not fucking each other, is it? It's all about just like, you know, men in their fifties and sixties wanting to talk like find out how like just imagine the lives of single people living and.
Speaker 2: These people just fucking watch porn instead of like inspecting genitals and trying to see if their neighbors are fucking like just watch porn, just engage with sex work if you want to in a consensual way, Like it's okay, you don't have to be this horned up in the legislature, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: They don't want both, though they want both, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah there. So North Carolina they still have a law called living in sin, the Living in Sin Statute, which dates back to eighteen oh five, making it a class two misdemeanor for an unmarried man and woman to ludely and lasciviously associate, bid and cohabitate together.
Speaker 2: And I think it's lude and lascivious when they do couples yoga, you know what I mean, Like that to me is a proscivious association. Okay, but they can fuck. I don't mind that.
Speaker 4: But I think it's lewd when men keep the toilet seed up, like come on, ohsu.
Speaker 1: But just the sexual repression and like the like gross old man horniness that you can just like smell wafting off. That sentence is so it just that I needed to read that sentence to like have a better understanding of like why these laws still exist. And it's like so people like Rhonda Santis can ask people questions about who's fucking who and then do whatever weird self flagellation he does in his gym or whatever.
Speaker 4: Eat more pudding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lie awake at night just like wondering what the world would be like if people just weren't fucking weird, you know what I mean, Like if you were just if all of this energy could be put to like true hoverboards, then like we would have so much more fun.
Speaker 4: We would be living like the Jets in spite now literally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But instead there's just like guys with their like comb overs pasted to their head with sweat in Mississippi, just being like, yeah, but how do we know they're not fucking we We gotta ask, They've gotta be a smell.
Speaker 2: Test, right, Punish them for doggy style.
Speaker 1: Droppings, is the answer here, don't we think anybody else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just a room full of spittoons and like chewed on cigar butt. Anyways, So cons what the crows are going to bring you next? Kid? Yeah, if you're lucky, All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, And we're back, and Twitter's blue check mark purge is happening. It's a real shit show.
Speaker 2: I can't even talk about it. I lost my blood jack bar again. No, I don't even know who I am anymore.
Speaker 1: My god, it's gotta be so hard.
Speaker 2: It's so hard for me and my family right now. Like I just I want some privacy during this time, but I can't have it because I have like a million impersonators now. So yeah, I'm like so popular, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems to be making Sesame Street sad. Yeah, yeah, Elmo will Elmo will miss you, little blue check mark. But don't worry everybody. Elmo still Elmo. And then Big Bird came in and was like, do you need help finding it? Elmo? Do you remember where you last had it? Which is like a step two dumb big braid, Like Elmo knows that. That was like, whoa, we know, we're on the computer, big Bird, this is the big bird.
Speaker 2: Big Bird's a big bird. What are you expecting?
Speaker 1: You know what? I mean? I think you know what. I have a family member who is just incredibly tall for his age, and everybody's always like assuming that he's in middle school when he's actually in like fourth grade or mile, isn't it I'm not saying, So maybe that's what I'm doing with big Bird. I'm like big Bird. I think I always associated big Bird is like being in charge and like old, and big Bird actually is supposed to have the mind of like a five year old.
Speaker 2: This is why like tall people are CEOs and president because of people like Jack. Okay, this is what Elon Musk is in charge of taking away those check marks in the first place.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bigger's the one that has the imaginary friend like he's seeing he's.
Speaker 1: Seeing things, and yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: He might actually be smarter than we think now that I think about if he's got like hallucinations and he's experimenting with shrooms, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Snuffy great character that he dreamed of.
Speaker 2: Snuffle Up against was my favorite character because I used to. I still tap dance occasionally, but I tap dances I was three, and Save you On Glover would teach Stuffle up I guess how to tap dance. And this is why Sesame Street is so important for me. Side note.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Oprah, Kim Kardashian, the Pope all lost their blue check mark. Paula VI obviously the most important person.
Speaker 2: I want to go outside.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many people have cloned your account like already, Like can you even keep track?
Speaker 2: It's hard to keep track of people who have spelled my name right while doing it, you know, like doesn't count if they've misspelled my name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one else.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody who gives a shit.
Speaker 1: The the process was super glitchy, like the blue check marks were like flickering in it existence, like it was Marty McFly's siblings when his mom wanted to fuck him.
Speaker 2: There was also like they're saying that if you filter by verified versus blue underscore verified, that it still shows up because they're not actually like taken away. It's just the marking of them. I don't know how true that that is. So they're just hiding the they're just like hiding them and they still have Yeah, but I don't. But he's also like he on that Tucker Carlson interview, he said he laid off or like eighty percent of the company left, and it's like this dude, he like has he has nobody fixing these problems on the back end.
Speaker 3: He just does not.
Speaker 2: He's like put the doge in the corner and then that's it.
Speaker 4: You know, give the man a break. His rocket just failed.
Speaker 5: He has to take care of this fails his marriage, and he also wanted his marriage to fail to fail, because that's actually how you learn and grow as a person.
Speaker 2: His fatherhood is failing, but he's increasing thirty seven children. He is increasing the population of the world, you know, just not feeding it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no custodial staff anywhere to be seen. One celebrity's blue check mark didn't vanish, with Stephen King, who had been one of the most vocal critics of his stupid plan. Also, Lebron was like, well, I'm not paying for this because I'm cheap, which I guess is the true thing about Lebron. And then it later came out that Musk was personally paying for Stephen King and King James's check mark, presumably to make it seem like he'd changed their mind and like started they started, like paying the eight dollars a month.
Speaker 2: But he got Stephen King, Oh I thought it went away, but it came back. I guess yeah, he said I thought it. He tried to get rid of it, but he couldn't. He couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, haha, got his ass. He's paying for the product that he introduced that nobody wants to pay.
Speaker 2: For Stephen King in his own horror novel is like having a blue check mark that means you're a tool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, just just I don't I don't even know what to say at this point.
Speaker 2: He's just so it's a bit of a it's a bit of a chech cemetery.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't she whoa? Yeah, so he's also paying for Lebron's William Shatner, anybody who criticized it. He will pay for your blue check mark account mark account if you're like big enough, name is okay.
Speaker 4: I haven't said much on the subject because I have a blue check mark, and please hear me out that you paid for I did now, I paid for it before the whole blue check was even a thing. But my whole argument is like when it comes to online businesses, which essentially I am. Yeah, like ninety nine percent of my job is social media. That's the only way I can get protection on my account.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had friends who are sex workers who had to do the same, like friends with like OnlyFans and stuff. Because he was talking about like decreasing the visibility of people without the checks and everything. So I don't blame I do not blame like people who have jobs like that for paying for it, because it's not that it's not you're not in charge of the capitalist system you're participating in. But I do blame like huge Elon Dick writing losers who like pay for the fit, you know what I mean. So I think it's fine if you have a job like that, that's fine. I'm not making fun of you. I'm making fun of Elon and those two like Elon defenders, you know for.
Speaker 4: Sure, like those people should be dragged and like Kim Kardashian the Pope, they don't fucking need to be on social media. You guys have your platforms.
Speaker 1: You know, you can just issue a statement and people, like millions of people will hear it somehow very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can issue a statement from your dull, drab, beige colored home.
Speaker 1: Well, not the Pope the Rococo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's kitch as fuck. You know, it's just the Kardashian you know what, You're right, The Kardashians should learn more from the Catholic.
Speaker 4: Church, or the Pope should get some botox.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've been I've been Brazilian budd.
Speaker 1: Dming him this for a long time. Yeah, my favorite, because obviously, like the problem that you pointed out, Kim is that like there these verified accounts existed for a reason, and so people immediately rushed in. The copycat accounts started popping up. Some one made a verified New York City Government account that was so funny. The real New York City Government disputed it, but the matter was settled by the verified Pope himself, who declared the fake account to be the real one, which is just.
Speaker 4: Gotta love it, you do. Yeah, what's fucked up is like if you sign up for Twitter Blue or whatever Meta is doing now, they're like they're putting in oh, direct customer support or two way off office sentation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, authentication. There we two factor Yeah.
Speaker 4: You don't get that unless you sign up for the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just absolutely no account security.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, so it's so dumb because it's like it just means, yeah, it forces it to become like a truth social situation where like the user group is like the people who can't afford it and like the people who want to support this platform, and it just makes the incentivization of like using Twitter and creating content for Twitter like such like there's like no incentive, you know, but it's it's also like it's an actual threat to like people who are trying to get on the ground news out. Like I always used to say, Twitter is the place that you go for like pop culture and like jokes and like regime changes, like ash is happening on the ground in different countries, Like it's super important to know, like what like news organizations are saying about what's happening in real time and now people are people are literally gonna die because of it, like because they don't have that as a as a you know, a platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to find out what Ashton Kutcher thinks after David Bowie dies, you.
Speaker 2: Know, oh my god, what did he say?
Speaker 1: I feel like I remember there is a stage of Twitter where like whenever a famous person would die, like you would get these just disingenuous like half baked like oh man, rip to a real one from Ashton Kutcher. Yeah, every time.
Speaker 2: I love that from comedians who like post the only selfie they ever took with someone and it's like yeah, in the background and it's like the person who died like in the foreground and they were like we were best friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, multiple presidential candidates lost their verification, including Trump, who doesn't really use Twitter anymore. But your Nikki's Haley and Ron's DeSantis have have paid the money they are verified existed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the bliss I had for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Government agencies are losing their blue check marks, including the Peace Corps, the National Science Foundation, the Department of Veterans Affairs. There's also a a verified account, a fake account that subscribed to Twitter Blue claim to represent the paramilitary group fighting for control of Sudan and falsely claimed its leader had died in the fighting too. So like it's it's just a mess. It's basically like taking it back to a time when the Internet was just whatever anybody who knew how to type into a website wanted to put out there.
Speaker 4: But that Internet was fun. That was like fifteen years ago. That was fun Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just troubling when it's being used to presumably kill people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is like the town Square, but like everyone's yelling. It's like Elon wanted it to be, but it's like everyone's screaming. There's like crazy shit going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he's gonna introduce some solution that was basically the same thing that they already had in two years, like another fixed.
Speaker 4: Yeah we hired a janitor.
Speaker 1: Finally, yeah, janitor. All right, Finally there's good news. There's been new promising research in Parkinson's. The Michael J. Fox Foundation recently announced that they've identified a biomarker for the disease with high accuracy. Researchers believe that this may be able to indicate the disease before symptoms appear, which would be like a huge step in like finding new roots for diagnostics, potential therapies. The tests have so far been able to be about ninety percent accurate, and that's plastic. There wasn't a way really to diagnose before symptoms arrived prior.
Speaker 2: I just I know he's a rich and we have to eat him, But I fucking love Michael J.
Speaker 1: FOXX.
Speaker 2: I've always been a fan of him. He's a rich he's a rich and we have to eat him. But he's he like literally, like I remember, like I would, I was a huge fan of him and like all of his shows and his movies like growing up and like I just thought he was like a great actor. But then to make the transition to like make this your a cause while having the disease. And also like at the time, everyone was like shitting on him for stem cell research and for like pushing this. Like I remember as a kid being like because of the propaganda of like news and media, just being like, oh, like maybe he's like a bad guy, Like, you know, like having that weird feeling.
Speaker 1: Really there's this stem cell research.
Speaker 2: I remember that everybody was it was they were pushing the dead babies narrative. Everybody was like, you're you're harvesting dead babies for stem cell research for Parkinson's and there was that like the way it was presented was that it was controversial and so like as a child, I was like or like I don't remember when it started, but like not being fully aware of like what it was and how the news was presenting it. I remember like just feeling like, oh, I don't know about this, like is this weird? And then like later becoming like a scientist, I was like, this is fucking dope that he was pushing for this and now we're seeing the results of it, and it's cool that it's happening within his lifetime, you know, Like I think it's awesome when celebrities do that when they like advocate for something that they get a lot of hate for but will eventually like pay off and not at the moment. It's not like stay gratification. This research takes decades and it's like working. So I just I fucking love Michael J. Fox. I hope he's not problematic in other ways, but I know he's an old white dude, but he seems dope and put some respect on his name.
Speaker 4: I get, Yeah, he's stuck to this cause it didn't matter and like his fame be damned.
Speaker 2: He was going to and he he deferred to experts, like he didn't do the thing that celebrities do where they're like, I think I know the solution and I'm going to push people through my thinking and my problem solving, but when I don't have any of the background, Like he put money in the hands of like people who could help, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's really cool. That would be wonderful if this was one of those things that our kids were like, oh, like the way we kind of view polio as like a thing where yeah, fully aware was like a dominant thing in the zeitgeist, was like killing people all the time. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people who were devoted to Alex p. Keaton were disappointed when, yeah, he was associated with a cause that, like Rasmussen told them, was killing everybody and the Alex they'll steal your babies.
Speaker 2: The Alex p. Keaton people, and they're they're a person that ended up going towards would have been the Growing Pains guy. What's his name, Kirk kirk Cameron. Yeah, like Kirk Cameron turned out like who they wanted Alex Peketon to be.
Speaker 1: Basically that banana thing still so funny.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was the banana thing?
Speaker 1: Kirk Cameron like had this video where he was like, look at the banana, folks. He's like holding up a banana. He's like, this is proof that God exists, right it is. It's got a wrapper like a candy bar. You just like take you open it. There's no seeds in it. It's just this delicious piece of fruit. But you know, just talking about talking about it, like the banana just dropped into our lap, and the reality is that, like the banana is the result of generations of generaly like hundreds of years of bioengineering by you know, farmers, not not like the you know genetic stuff that freaks people out, like just people you know, designing things by breeding bananas that looked the way they wanted together eventually until they eventually like had one that was edible. And it used to be like this really seedy, nasty like plant that people couldn't eat. But he was like, look what God did, Like this is proof that God invented the produce section, the slaughtered the slot.
Speaker 2: Maybe what he's saying is that God invented science and science is good. Maybe that's what.
Speaker 1: He's No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Shocking, you'd be surprised to learn.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to bring in those.
Speaker 4: People, like, aren't all bananas just a clone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They are, Like, yeah, the way that you grow bananas is through grafting, so you like have to like cut a piece of the banana plant like grafted onto a place where it grows. But they're all clones of the same single banana and baby bananas, Yeah, dead baby bananas.
Speaker 2: That exactly what Elon Musk wants his children to be is just yeah, he wants to repopulate the earth as a clone banana and.
Speaker 1: The bananas that like our parents hate and that I think I even ate when I was a kid, like in the eighties, were a different species of banana. Like, so we all have like one identical type of banana that is going to always taste the exact same and like the bananas before were a different individual type of banana that tasted more like it had more banana flavor to it. But then a disease came. Like that's the problem with having cloned fruit is that they're all exactly the same so genetically, like one disease will just like wipe the whole species out, and so you can still get like the old like eighties and seventies bananas that I get. I guess they taste more like banana candy or like, you know, the banana flavoring that we have now like actually tastes more banana than our actual bananas because it's based on a more flavorful version of the fruit that existed and got wiped out.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that bananas dead.
Speaker 2: When they changed the Girl Scout cookie recipe and everybody was like it's not the same, you know back then.
Speaker 4: McDonald's French fries, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: McDonald's French Fries is a big one. Well, Kim, such a pleasure having you as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Instagram, Twitter, The Double Underscore red Dot. If you like dirty comics with butt plugs and female sexuality and sometimes wholesomeness, I'm all that, And then you can support me on Patreon, The Devil Underscore red Dot, and then just google me, Reddit, Facebook, I'm everywhere.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, And is there a tweet or work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 4: So I actually was listening to Friday's episode and about like tangible things and how DJ Daniel was saying, it's a shame, like we're not into that as much anymore. So I was just thinking of physical media. And I've been reading Scott McCloud has all these books on comics, like Reinventing Comics, Understanding Comics. Yeah, they're all in like comic form.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so cool, great like read if you're into that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I used to have it on the bookshelf right behind me. I'm not sure where it went, but yeah, Understanding Comics is a great read. Just like it's good because it's not like it's not just like a manual. It's not like comics for dummies. It's a comics artist just like really breaking down and like it just makes reading comics even more interesting because Yeah, and the fact.
Speaker 4: That he has it like drawn out in panels, Like I finished the book within a day and then I bought the rest of everything he made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's great. I think I know why it's not on bookshelf. Actually is because a reader once was like pointed out in a picture of me that like I had like Watchmen and then like somewhere else like Understanding Company, Like I was like, how do you read this? But it is a great book. You don't have to be a dumb dumb to enjoy it. It's actually makes you really appreciate how comics work. So go get that and then read Kim's comic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, understand me better?
Speaker 1: Yes, probably such a pleasure as always having you guessed. Hell yeah, where can people find you? And is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Well, now that I've lost my check, like I don't even know if you can find me, doesn't matter, Paula Canalin. But it's like nothing I say is verified, so it doesn't even matter. There's this Morgan at Morgan sailed child tweet that's been going around and it's from twenty nineteen, and it really like hit of mizes a lot of like the arguments on the right in terms of like a lack of accountability. And it's I dated a five a guy who taunt every jacked six or three bro he met until they pull their fist back to beat him up. Whereupon my ex would go, hey, hey, come on, I'm a little guy. I'm just a little guy. My birthday a birthday boy, And it somehow always worked. And it's being that tweet is being used to like quote tweet like when Justice Clarence Thomas like said his wife didn't have any income when Sharon almost like seven hundred thousand dollars and he was called on the line. He was like it was due to a misunderstanding of the filing instructions. No, I'm a little birthday boy. No, no, no birthday.
Speaker 1: I was, well, he's not allowed to buy all my parents' houses and my houses and fly me on a yacht on flying yacht somehow get on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Would say, I'm a birthday boy boy.
Speaker 4: Am I supposed to know the laws?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You can find me on Twitter. Still still just grinding it out. Jack Undersquore O'Brien tweet I've been enjoying. Haiti mclife had a good point, said Elon has brought thousands of Nazis to Twitter, but not to his business, where they've proven useful building rockets, which you know anything about the US space race? Oh my god. And then Christy Amagucci Mane doing double duty today because he also wrote the AKA, but just pointed out this headline. I think it's from the Daily Mail, but he said, honestly, this has got to be on the metal stand of International Shit Talking top shelf. It's the headline says what are we supposed to take out Spider Man and SpongeBob? And it's a quote attribute attributed to Iranian cleric mox Us and says Tehran can't strike back at targets of Solomone's stature because America only has fictional heroes. He's supposed to assassinate Spider Man and SpongeBob. It's just so good and true. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikeeist. We're at d Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fanpage and a website Daily zeitgeist dot com, worry post, our episodes, and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about. In today's episode, it was the song that we think you might enjoy and super producer Justin Connor, what is a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: So this song is so dreamy, it's the perfect way to ease into your week. But it does have this intense sound design on the low end of the bass, Like that part sounds like what would happen if afax twin was crafting a lullaby designed to stun a baby into unconsciousness.
Speaker 2: Like it is.
Speaker 6: It's it's heavy, but the rest of it's pretty chill. So this is Black and Decker by Downhill twenty ten. You spell that Downhill two K ten all one word and you can find that song in the footnotes footnote.
Speaker 1: The Daily zeit Geis is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to y'all then fight by