Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent coverage.
Speaker 3: That is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the showing. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: We have an amazing show for everybody today.
Speaker 1: What do we have, RSUL, Indeed we do. We got a couple of big intra giop fights that we want to break down for you. First one that is breaking out into the open on Ukraine. Another one with regard to that real safety legislation that was pushed in the wake of East Palace. I mean, as predicted, news media moved on and a bunch of people who talked a big game about wanting to do something about it now decided they do not actually want to do something about it, so we'll tell you about that. We also have more home insurance companies pulling out of the state of Florida as supremiums there have been skyrocketing. It's become a real issue for everybody in that state, so we'll break that down for you. We've also got some UFO news that Soccer is very interested in and I am mildly interested in, so we will tell you about that as well. And this is really fascinating and horrifying has riveted the nation. The Gilgo Beach serial killer has been caught, at least allegedly. You know, this is a case. It was a cold case that goes back more than a decade. So we've got some details about how exactly they broke this open and who it was they arrested in some interesting and horrifying details there. We also are excited to welcome to the show a conservative woman who you know, she's been very like okay, grumor discourse and all of that. You know, her politics, my polic is not the same. That's fine. She has been criticizing Andrew Tait and taking some real heat from her own side, so we wanted to get her rationale and what she is thinking about before we get to any of that. Though, I want to thank all of you guys who support us here at the show. If you are able to sign up for premium membership. We were just talking yesterday about how you cannot rely on any of these social media platforms no matter which billionaire oligarch runs them. So we really have put our fate in your hands, and we're super grateful for those of you who have supported us.
Speaker 3: Very true, we've seen it all before.
Speaker 2: Creator promises things that will materialize quite never quite does. The only people that we really can rely on are you. That's why we're able to pay our bills every single day. So breakingpoints dot Com we do offer off course, you know the benefits we can give our premium members the show and how early you get our responses to each other's monologues and all of that other jazz breakingpoints dot Com. As I said, also, you get to buy socks early, those awesome socks for on show.
Speaker 3: So anyway you can.
Speaker 1: Go cam and checked in on the sock sale numbers yet to see if they're flying up.
Speaker 2: I am just going to believe that they're flying on the shows. Sure, I had to spare the indignity of showing my ankles. I saw one premium subscriber say that I have small angles but long feet, so I'm not quite sure how to take that.
Speaker 1: It's all ankles.
Speaker 3: But it's all right, it's all right. I'll sit here and I'll just.
Speaker 1: Take it this. I'm getting a little uncomfortable. Yes, discourse, let's move.
Speaker 3: To the show.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Ukraine. I guess that's the hardest pivot that could ever exist. Some actually fascinating moments when President Trump was interviewed by Maria Bartriomo over on Fox News Now. He has famously said I can end the war in Ukraine in twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Been a bit scant on the details.
Speaker 2: Whenever he was pressed on CNN and previous interviews, He's given us the most detail yet to date, and things took a little bit of a plot twist inside the answer.
Speaker 3: Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: You said you could end the war in Ukraine in twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Yes, how would you do that?
Speaker 4: I know Zilinski very well. I felt he was very honorable because when they asked him about the perfect phone call that I made, he said it was. Indeed, he said it was. If he didn't even know what they were talking about, he could have Graham stand at all.
Speaker 5: I feel threatened.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not gonna be enough for Putin to stop bombing.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that I know Zolensky very well, and I know Putin very well, even better, and I had a good relationship, very good with both of them. I would tell Zolensky, no more, you gotta make a deal. I would tell Putin. If you don't make a deal, we're gonna give him a lot. We're gonna give more than they ever got if we have to, I will have the deal done in one day. One day.
Speaker 2: So in the same breath is saying he's gonna have I'm gonna have a deal done in one day. He's also actually putting on the table offering Ukraine even more military aid than ever before, really taking off any sort of breaks or anything in terms of escalation of Putin doesn't agree to what he wants. I mean, it is a plausible strategy. I guess it's a kin to like a Nixonian Madman strategy. It also risks a lot of escalation. And this is always the issue with Trump is you actually have no id what you're going to get. He can come out with a statement against cluster bombs all he wants, he said he wanted to reset our relationship with Russia while he was president, he broke the Obama standard and actually shipped more Javelin missiles into the conflict, arguably actually heated up the civil war and got us to a point where the invasion seemed appear justified or whatever on the Putin side, at least in the eyes of Putin. Around how the West really was united against him, not validating the reasoning, just saying though that he did certainly contribute to that same in terms of sanctions, he sanctioned historic amounts of Russian officials and often Christle.
Speaker 3: The way that he would do it is he would say.
Speaker 2: Like, look, I'm being tougher on Russia than Obama is to try and circumvent the Russia gay criticism. It both didn't work in terms of stopping the criticism and also arguably completely cut against any rhetoric that he was making on an actual policy level. Nordstream Pipeline is another good example, like in almost every case, he was far more hawkish on Russia than President and Obama was. So he may say he's against you know, cluster muinishes to Ukraine, like he put out that statement, but he's also very much leaving himself the door open for way more than like the dreams of all in the hawks and the Biden administration, do not.
Speaker 1: Count on former President Trump to be your anti war here, because I mean, listen, we've got the record. One of the many disservices that the news media did in poisoning everybody's brains with Russia Gate is the exact wrong criticism of Trump. The idea was always so he loves poon, he's so soft on Putin's is bestie, et cetera, et cetera, And listen, to be fair, Trump played into it with some of his comments, and you know the way that he personally behaved towards Vladimir Putin. In terms of his policy actions, he was hawkish. He was more hawkish than the Obama administration. And that was where the real criticism should have been, is some of those actions which helped to precipitate this particular crisis that we are now dealing with. You know, you saw this on a variety of issues as well. He was extraordinarily hawkish towards to run. He talked a big game about getting out of Afghanistan, but ultimately it left it to Joe Biden to actually, you know, pull out of that country, which was a very difficult situation. So yeah, and even within his rhetoric on Ukraine, he has vacillated between saying that Biden is not hawkish enough, he's not doing enough, he needs to do more, he needs to be more aggressive, and the sort of you know, let's get this deal done, let's negotiate, I have the war over in twenty four hours. He has vacillated between those two extremes, and I think it is the only thing that we could expect is that he would continue to do the same. And I also think that you know, we were about to talk about the way that the Republican base feels about the Ukrainian conflict. I think the extent of the reluctance to continue with military aid towards Ukraine, I think Trump has a lot to do with that, and I think he has really helped you drive up that sentiment within the Republican Party. But I also think it could flip on a dime where you could easily, you know, if he starts coming out and saying we should have sent F sixteen sooner, we should have sent Cluster Bob soon, or we should be doing even more. We should let them hit, you know, hit Russia and not complain about it. You could easily see the Republican base flipping to a position of Biden's not being strong enough, he's not being hawkish enough. And because the news media always is in favor of war hawkishness, you know, they would help to beat those drums as well.
Speaker 2: I saw it in Afghanistan. You know, he had a bunch of people who said, you need to pull out of Afghanistan. But like, wait, not like that, even though it's under a Trump peace deal and you know, before the inevitable ooh, but we should have kept going bogroom. Yeah, apparently everybody online is a military genius that can figure this out. The problem that comes always to the four is that when it's actually time to limit the amount of aid press for a diplomatic solution, the media is going to go against you. So then are you actually going to stand in your convictions with Trump? He consistently did not do that. He escalated troops in Afghanistan, he didn't actually pull out up until the end of his presidency. Even whenever he did sign that peace deal with the Taliban, the Russia, we gave numerous policy examples, so there's a lot to doubt whenever it comes to some of his rhetoric. And you know, to your point also in terms of the debate and kind of where it stands. Let's gohead and put this up there on the screen, a shot across the bout from Ben Shapiro.
Speaker 3: This is really against.
Speaker 2: Tucker Carlson jd Vance in some of their more recent comments on Ukraine. He's saying, quote, Ukraine is becoming a litmus test for Republican candidates because the bad faith argument that if you think we must fund Ukraine in its war against Russia, you don't care about American poverty.
Speaker 3: This is wrong.
Speaker 2: The two issues are not connected. First off, pouring money into poverty ridden areas does not result in prosperity.
Speaker 3: That has nothing to do with Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Half the people now promoting this line now have spoken out openly against in the past. You can be skeptical of Ukrainian military aid while still being in favor of entitlement reform.
Speaker 3: Love how he puts that one in there.
Speaker 2: Second Off, the notion that America has no interest in Ukraine is untrue. We have an interest in the Russian military being defanged so they do not invade surround nations, thus threatening global supply chains and threatening American opponents. We have an interest in deterring China from invading Taiwan. We are now stuck in this weird binary straw man in which we're told that we must fund Ukraine quote until they win, as long as it takes without defining winning, and it looks like does it mean withdrawing all aid, thus leading Russia to take Keith? In terms of defining what's stopping is quote? All nuance is lost in politics pretty quickly. It is always much easier to malign your opponents uncaring about their fellow Americans. But demagoguery comes at a pretty high societal cost. So clearly he's coming out there a little bit in favor of aid to Ukraine. I also would note, I mean, if we look at the actual comments we played on our show yesterday, Crystal, Mike Pence can say that he got caught and was responding to one part of the answer all you want, but rhetorically it's a terrible look. Whenever you're saying quote, it is not my concern whenever you're asked about the binary. I also think that One of the reasons why this analysis is spurious is because everyone's like, well, you know, we can do we can do both at the same time, but we're not doing both at the same time. One gets massive bipartisan majorities and timeliness, and one doesn't with no consensus whatsoever. Now, in terms of the debate, I think we should always be honest here about Ukraine. A lot of people want to continue and increase military support to Ukraine. Not all Republicans actually do agree on Ukraine. There is room for debate in the party, and we're about to show everybody pulling to that effect.
Speaker 3: But and I think this is the big butt. Ask yourself, if that.
Speaker 2: Number the number of Republicans is representative of the number of Republicans in the Senate, of the number of Republicans in the debate, why is it only like four people I can count on one hand the number of people who are actual GOP elected leaders or officials who are actually against the Ukraine consensus. That to me is what the real imbalance looks like.
Speaker 1: That is an interesting point that there is a difference so that the Republican base based on the polling and can see it always depends a bit on how the question is asked and what the particular is in the conflict. It looked like after the progotion Wagner coup attempt thing, support for Ukraine increased in the wake of that. But it appears that the Republican base is basically split fifty to fifty on whether they want to continue military aid, whether they're of the sort of Mike Pence view or whether they're of the you know, Trumpian when he's articulating the let's just get to the table and this thing resolved immediately when he's articulating that view. Let's go and put this up on the screen from the Washington Post. That broke this down, because there's a real difference between if you ask the overall Republican base how they feel about the conflict versus the most plugged in online activist base of the party, which is overwhelmingly against continuing military aid to Ukraine. So the headline here is gop Ukraine skeptics dominate the debate, but not the party. You've got some numbers here that, you know, sort of illustrate the point. You had a Quinnipiac poll last month that showed sixty six percent of American said supporting Ukraine was in the national interest of the US will just twenty eight percent said it was not. Even among Republicans, you had a fifty two percent majority that said it was in our interest compared to forty percent who said it was not. In an economist yu Goov poll last month, you found a similar result. Twice as many Americans favored increasing or keeping the same amount of aid as supported decreasing it. Neither among Republicans nor among twenty twenty Trump voters was decreasing aid a majority position. So in many of these polls you find actually a majority of the Republican base supports the Ukraine consensus. It's hardly a surprise given the fact that you know, elected Republican elites hold that position, given the fact that the media is almost uniformly in support of that position. But then again you turn to put this next piece up on the screen. From media, you turned to you know, the activists at the Turning Point USA conference and they did a straw pole on this very question, and they found that ninety five point eight percent of attendees in that straw pole said they oppose the US supporting Ukraine against Russia. So I tried to make this point yesterday. I think if you're you're thinking about this issue and you're just thinking about the politics of it and your Republican presidential contender, you might be on the correct side of overall GOP sentiment if you have the like Mike Pence, let's continue to support them, or the Chris Christy, let's continue to support them position. But in terms of the people who are most motivated, who are most organized, and who frankly I think care the most about this issue, they're all on the other side of that. And you know, it's a similar dynamic that we see play out with issues like abortion. Again, taking like you know your particular position on these issues and how you feel about them, out of it, you have a very hardcore, very well organized, very active, very engaged base of the Republican Party that has some very hard anti abortion positions that don't even line up with where the rest of the GOP bass same thing onl BTQ issues. And so once again you've got an issue with Ukraine where I think the most active, the most organized, that people who care the most about the issue are on one side, and then you have a different sentiment among the rest of the GP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think those are always excellent points. Is that if the party faithful believes something the activist base, you can take over and you can really run the table. That's what the Tea Party was able to do back in twenty ten, and in this case it very much could be. Just even though we have a few lawmakers people like Rand Paul, Marjorie Taylor Green, Matt Gates, Jade Vance, and Trump. You know, Trump is the most popular figure and those are some of his most loyal.
Speaker 3: Allies inside of Congress.
Speaker 2: So the turning point USA poll is probably one of the most important ones around where the energy is. There's also don't forget about those comments from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy previously about no more Ukraine aid would pass, even though Mitch McConnell and all of them do disagree.
Speaker 3: But I think that the.
Speaker 2: Overall you know, fracture inside of this is interesting because it also shows that Trump is leaving the door open.
Speaker 3: You know, he's not closing the door.
Speaker 2: He's not actually ideologically committed to an actual like reducing aid. Making sure that you drive key to the table and to the bargaining for the bargaining table. He really is you know, opening the door to even more military if needed, and politically could make that case quite easily, I think to the Republicans. I also do think in terms of why a lot of Republicans, specifically primary voters, do support some of the Ukraine consensus.
Speaker 3: A lot of these people are old.
Speaker 2: You know, old people are still locked into a Cold War mindset. I was born after the Cold War ended. I don't care really think about it at all. These people they you know, when you go through nuclear drills and all that stuff. I think for a lot of people, like our generation, Crystal millennial generation, we will probably never be able to forget the specters of like nine to eleven and Islamic terrorism. Whereas, you know, if you grew if you were born let's say in you know, two thousand and nine, you really didn't even come of age up until you like your memories and all that, they're really in the post Islamic terror eras, you'd be like, what are you talking about? You guys at threat levels and airports. So I think it's the same the same in terms of the carryover effect, and it'll stick with you for the rest of your life. So anyway, just an interesting corollary, I think to the politics of it now on the policy of it, of which you and I do certainly care about. There is a crazy interview with the commander in chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces who gave one to the Key of Independent from a few days ago that we wanted to make sure that we actually spend some time with because it's extraordinarily revealing as to how the actual Ukrainians fighting this battle think about some of the things that we spend a lot of time debating here on breaking points. Do they really, crystal not care what we think and they're just going to use our military aid and weapons to do whatever they want? Do they not care about escalation with Russia? The answer to both of those questions appears to be, yeah, they really don't. So let's put this up there on the screen. In terms of what he has said on Ukrainian strikes inside of Russia, quote, it is up to us to decide how to kill this enemy. Now, once again, you could say that is true, but you know you can use your own weapons. Then oh wait, you don't have any of your own weapons. In terms of partners, he says, quote, if our partners are afraid to use this weapons. We will kill with our own, but only as much as necessary. Once again, ridiculous. They have no industrial base, They don't have any of their own weapons. All of their weapons are provided to them by charity. They can't even afford them themselves because they basically have no economy. And you know, he does make the point that we always try to emphasize here, he says, to save my people, Why do I have to someone ask someone for permission what to do on enemy territory? You don't if you're able to make your own weapons, and you're able to supply your own military, and you're able to pay your own bills.
Speaker 3: But you actually can't do any of those.
Speaker 2: You are entirely dependent upon the charity of NATO and of the United It is really not NATO but the United States. So in that case, yeah, you do have to listen whenever we tell you what to do, because we have stakes that are in the conflict, and they always want to have their cake and eat it too. And you know, I'm not the only one actually who thinks that the Ukrainians are ungrateful when they always have their handout asking for more, even though when they're getting a historic amount of aid. I don't know sure if you saw this crystal, but Ben Wallace, who is the Defense Minister in the UK, gave an on the record statement saying, you know, sometimes we'd like to see a little bit more gratitude at the NATO summit, and just that freaked out the Ukraine, NAFO people, the Lithuanians, and Zelenski sarcastically was like, okay, we will say thank you. You know, is our thank you enough? And it's like it gets to the point of look, the UK, in my opinion, they haven't sent nearly enough military aid of relative to what we have, considering that they actually are on the continent. They are the great power, they have a massive economy, they have a real industrial base.
Speaker 3: You send it, why do we have to do it?
Speaker 2: But even you know, compared to the rest of the European country's crystal, they've sent way more than anybody else. And so for them, they're like, look, our population supports you. You but you got to say thanks man. And this same thing happened with NATO membership. So Zelenski famously put out his angry tweet about NATO membership, and apparently the United States Biden and the delegation was so miffed they almost watered down the language at the last minute if inviting you know, I guess eventual NATO membership. Now, I would say, though, that his ungrateful attitude works for a reason, which is in almost every case you nothing actually happens to you, or they still get all the aid that they want. So why wouldn't you keep doing it if you sound like a whiny child and you know, on like, on balance, he actually is getting everything he wants on paper, but there is still a bit of a fraying that is happening, I think, even amongst the most pro Ukraine people who are involved in those decisions, because it's just the arrogance. It's the arrogance, it's the lack of gratitude. And you know it is on the record statements like this from Ukrainian military commanders being like, you can't tell us what to do, and you know once, yes we can, we quite literally can.
Speaker 3: Whenever we're the ones we just sang our bills, so we can. We just don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean remember there was a reporting reporting like last summer about how Biden was getting irritated with Zelensky, for exactly this reason, because it was just constant, it was just the sense of entitlement. But to me, the most chilling comments from this UH military commander, this Ukrainian military commander is he says, listen, as soon as I have the means, I'll do something. I don't give a damn nobody will stop me. Yes, And he's.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he is right, He's one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: You know, we talked about this with the kirch Straight Bridge, Ukraine taking responsibility for an attack on that bridge this week, and how that contrast with last what was it fall or summer when there was a similar attack on the bridge and there was a little Ukrainian wink and a nod, but they didn't feel bold enough to actually take responsibility for that attack. At this point. Now, between then and now, you know, we've had all these attacks on Russian soil, we direct attacks on the Grumblin and they're there have been no repercussions in terms of all Ukraine has seen is continued escalation of our support. And you know, okay, we will send you the Abram stinks. Okay, we will send you the F sixteen. So okay, we will send you cluster bombs. So from their perspective, they're like, why should we hide it? Why should we do anything other than exactly what we want to do in this conflict. Again, I don't blame them. I don't blame them for having that view. I blame us for allowing what is a very dangerous situation to unfold. And the blase attitude that some of these people have about potential nuclear war. I just cannot wrap my head around it. You know, we had an interview yesterday with a former Arkansas governor, Asa Hutchinson, who is a twenty twenty four contender, really grateful for his time, super nice guy, wildly differ from him on a whole variety of issues. But the thing that was most stark to me that he said is, you know, I asked him a question, all right, so what are you concerned that we're going to get into a nuclear war, that we're risky nuclear war? And he said, we risk nuclear war every day?
Speaker 3: Did we risk it every day? Yeah? I was shocked.
Speaker 1: That seems like a bad thing. Maybe we should try to decrease that risk. So the fact that we have, you know, from the beginning of this conflict, we have been sounding the alarms about the possibility of sleepwalking into a nuclear conflagration, and every step in this direction, every bit of Ukraine's feeling in Ukrainians feeling emboldened to take these really dangerous actions, risks drawing us directly into this conflict. You know, if there was a potential attack on a NATO country, God forbid, it risks you know, Putin and Russia getting into a desperate situation where they create an escalatory ladder that it's very hard to get out of. And listen, I know that people are not as fun up about the nuclear risk as they were, for example last fall when even Biden was talking about trying to avoid World War three. But make no mistake, this is still a nuclear armed superpower that is facing you know, some at least domestic turmoil and instability, and we need not to take our eye off that ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those where you really shouldn't put it off to the side, because you just add absolutely never know when something could burst to the four I mean, you know, the Ukrainians are one breakthrough away in some cases from actually increasing their risk or vice versa. If they completely collapse and then they resort to some sort of you know, crazy action like a gamble to try and get back into the game.
Speaker 3: That could increase it.
Speaker 2: So and you know, in a lot of ways, like the current stasis is probably the safest, but because the universe of options is so big, you know, in war, you never know what's going to happen. There's always risk there on the table as long as the conflict continues. So I think it's always important to keep it at top of mind. And you know, in the most cliche like a phrase of all time, like when people tell you who they are, believe them, like when he says, I don't give a damn what you guys think, believe them. I mean, imagine if you had military, like the US military commander effectively saying this when somebody else was paying our bills and somebody else was like, hey, man, like you shouldn't be doing that. We were acting with such level of arrogance, it would be universally agreed that this is unacceptable. And yet these comments, they just fly completely under the radar.
Speaker 3: Nobody in the mainstream media, you know, picks it up.
Speaker 2: And apparently we're the only ones who can read, you know, an obvious interview here, which is actually given in English, just so everybody understands. You know, it's one of those where I don't know why it doesn't get the attention it deserves, but apparently it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we covered when those leaked oh yeah, discord leaks came out and it said in there one of the gating items that was keeping them from launching more attacks on Russian soil was that we hadn't provided them with the weapons to do it. And then you know, our like, this is information our government had. These were intelligence inners who said our government had they knew that, and they're like, yeah, we're going to give them a sixteens anyway, it's fine. And so yeah, you like his brazen where I'm going to do what I want to do is totally justified based on the fact that it reminds me when when Hillary Clinton said she went to Wall Street and told them to cut it out, and they're like, okay, ladies, sure, sure, we're going to do that. It's the same deal where you know, we'll send our a little like please don't do that anymore, Yes, please don't do that. We don't like it when you do that. You think that they care, no, because there's no consequences attached to it. So that's where we are.
Speaker 3: That's well said, all.
Speaker 1: Right, guys. Yesterday there was actually a pretty significant train derailment outside of Philadelphia. A train, you know, relatively large freight train outside of that city derailed I think ten plus cars of that train off the tracks. Let's take a listen to a little bit of what happened there.
Speaker 7: Some homes in the Philadelphia area are being evacuated after a train derailment on this Monday morning. Police say a forty car freight train derailed around five o'clock Eastern time, about ninety minutes ago, and at least ten of those cars reportedly came off the tracks.
Speaker 1: You can see right there.
Speaker 7: No injuries have been reported, as mac Cruz had been called in. A white substance was reportedly seen leaking from a one tanker, but there's still no word on what's inside the derailed train cars.
Speaker 1: So that evacuation has since been lifted. Residents have been allowed to return to their homes. But this is yet another reminder that I mean, first of all, the number of derailments that we have in this country is insane and other countries do not have this same like, we're just going to routinely accept that trains come off the track with major risk to life and limb all the time. But it also highlights that we have yet to do anything in response to that horrific trained derailment in East Palastine that led to them lighting the whole thing on fire and exposing all of these residents to some sort of horrific chemical cocktail. The residents of that town may well be dealing with the fallout of those actions for their entire lives. They are certainly right now still dealing with the aftermath of this, but it's slipped out of the news media's attention. And guess what. At the time, the rail lobby basically said, we're going to wait this out and we're going to wait for republic pressure to die down, and then we're going to try to kill any bill that comes forward. And as of today, it kind of looks like that strategy is working. Let's put this up on the screen, the state of play in terms of what is a bipartisan rail safety effort. The headline here from Politico is GOP discord threatened. Senate response to railway disaster. The rail safety divide within the Republican Party is a micro cosm of its realignment over the past few years. Trump supports it, but other than centermt Romney, the effort gets almost all is GFP support from the party's small yet growing populous wing, and unless the party's establishment gets more fully on board the safety plan that JD Vance shaped with Senator Shared Brown, they're both from Ohio, Ohio colleagues, there may stall out. You only have remember what a big game Republicans talked at the time, about how much they cared about this issue and how much they trash the Biden administration, how they have hearings they know all virtue signaled about how much they cared about making sure that this never happens again. Do you know how many Republicans have now said that they support what is a very modest incremental improvement and rail safety seven seven. That's it. And so you know, again the rail lobby having their way, and they do contribute a lot of money to some of the key members of that party. There's also in the House the situation is even less promising because it's controlled by the Republicans. So in the Senate you have as far as item particulately, all the Democrats on the side of this legislation, which again is very modest. Actually, let me give you the details here. Put this up on the screen from Bloomberg. This is all that it would do. Would require sensors to detect overheated ball bearings that was a likely cause of that East Palestine crash. Would tighten rules on hazardous cargo and increased maximum fines to ten million dollars. Would require a two person crew on freight trains. Two people. That's it, that's all we're talking about. Labor agreements already require the same. But the Association of American Railroads heads argued that new technology should allow single person crews to operate safely. Think about how gigantic these trains are and you want a single person crew. A study for the group in twenty fifteen estimated railroads could save more than two billion dollars a year using one person cruise a boon to freight giants like Norfolk, Southern or Union Pacific. So they've been pushing for this for a while, and you know Republicans now throwing up objections about how, oh, we can't do this because it would empower the Biden ministry, would hand them more power, etc. I mean, these are really modest proposals, and it's just pathetic that you have so little support for this bill, so that you know that was craft in a bipartisan manner, that was on an issue that everybody seemed to care about at the time. But as the public spotlight has moved on, they feel like they can politically let it die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, this is the classic story, and actually this is a really good one to analyze the problems in our politics today.
Speaker 3: So let's go through the details.
Speaker 2: This is a bill that has been endorsed by the President of the United States, Joseph Biden. This is a bill endorsed by former President Donald Trump. But it is one of the rarest things in the world to have the support of both leaders, ostensibly of each party. And yet despite all the media protestations they care about Ukraine and not East Palestine, all of the savaging of Pete Bodhage Edge, when an actual bipartisan, decent fix to the problem comes to the four, what happens nothing? And in fact, one quote here is perfect from a Republican senator who actually does support the bill quote. JD's gotten the classic run around here, which is we want to work with you, we want to work with you, but then they try and kill it in the committee, and now they're slow walking it to the floor. What I'm told is that there are not sixty votes. They also note people like Susan Collins, the queen of bipartisanship, Lindsey.
Speaker 3: Graham, he never met a Democrat he doesn't want.
Speaker 2: To work with to send more aid to Ukraine, are their quote noncommittal.
Speaker 3: And not one member.
Speaker 2: Of GOP leadership supports this bill. So that includes John Cornyn, that includes John Thune, Senator Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 3: None of the.
Speaker 2: Actual big wigs are actually working to pull this thing. I once again note endorsed by Donald Trump Joe Biden, it's got both senators from Ohio, legitimately bipartisan in its introduction and can not even yet get to sixty to actually come to the floor. And the main person responsible for this, honestly is Ted Cruz, who is the head of the Commerce Committee, who tried to kill the bill while it was in mark up and remains the major obstacle to the bill coming to the floor. I actually asked Jad about this whenever he was on our show previously.
Speaker 3: Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: The fundamental argument here that Ted made is he doesn't like the fact that the bill gives any discretion or any authority to the Biden administration. Right, Well, the bid admistration forces the laws. So I've been saying for the past three months, and a lot of Republicans have been echoing me, that Biden demonstration needs to do more. So here's a piece of legislation that forces the Biden administration to do more. You can't, on the one hand, say they're not doing enough and on the other hand, find a piece of legislation that forces them to actually take action. There's a deeper problem here, which is if you think that we're going to have to fight back against corporate America, against big tech, against the pharmaceutical industry, if you have to do these things, well, the governments pretty much the only path in town.
Speaker 3: That is the representation of the people.
Speaker 8: That is the entity that has the actual authority and the power to go after something like a big tech or like the railway industry. So you've got to be willing to use the power that the people gave us under this constitutional system. And I understand people are reactive and look, sometimes, of course the government. Oftentimes the government does things that shouldn't do. Sometimes it fights progressive battles that it shouldn't fight. But if we're going to win the argument, we have to be willing to actually use the levers of power and use what the people gave us. That's what this fight is all about.
Speaker 2: I mean, what he lays out there is a theory of government apparently, which is novel to Republicans. Whenever corporate interests are involved, they're like, we'll use the government whenever we want, you know, in order to cut taxes and all of that. But when it comes to regulating one of the industries most benefited by federal dollars in the entire country.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Then we can't be doing anything.
Speaker 2: Even when dangerous chemicals have leaked out, injured people who were in the area, you know, allegedly for the Norfolk Southern lawyers here, and you know all these pets who allegedly died as a result of this, and who were allegedly poisoned in East Palestine, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Ted Cruz, I mean, it is disgusting because he was one of these ones. Yeah, he was happy to go out in front of the cameras and you know, trash peak, trash biden, which we did the same, but we actually meant it, and we actually wanted things to be done to fix the problem so that we can move forward and not have an entire American town poisoned because we failed to take basic precautionary measures like having sensors aboard a giant freight train with explosive chemicals that can poison waterways for like a fifty mile radius. And so, yeah, Ted Cruz, he was happy to posture for the cameras and a whole bunch of them alongside him as well. But when it comes down to it, guess what he's going to side with the donor class. He's going to side with big business. And they throw up the most transparent, like tired talking points that if you dig one inch deep or don't hold up to scrutiny, and they'll just say, like, oh, it's too much government, you know what, don't be so stupid about regulation. Yes, some regulation is way over the top and becomes counterproductive and is genuinely an impediment, and you should be opposed to that regulation. I don't care if you're on the right, left, center, whatever. Some things are important for health and safety. And you know what, these rail giants have turned massive profits, record breaking historical profits. They can afford to have two people on their crews, They can afford to install a few sensors on their trains to keep these horrific derailments from happening, and these and you know, one of these other things is just they have to notify officials in the state if their train is carrying hazardous materials so that first responders are prepared. I mean, we're talking about such basic, obvious stuff. But rather than get into any of those details, because any thinking person would look at this and go like, well that makes sense. I can't believe we don't have that already, instead of getting into those details, they just handwave away, Oh, we can't give the Biden administration power. It's too much government or in favor of small government. And so we're just gonna wait and sit back and let this whole situation unfold again. It is truly disgraceful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, the bill's not dead yet.
Speaker 2: It is possible, So you know, I would rarely do this, But if you're one of those people and you know a senator and you live in their state, you know, maybe consider actually sending something because you look, I mean, how many senator Republican senators specifically I was a congressional intern once upon a time.
Speaker 3: The number of boomers who.
Speaker 2: Are calling in being like, I'm so sick that you're not doing enough to find Barack Obama's birth certificate. That is what these staff assistants and offices have to deal with on an almost daily basis. So I bet they rarely get any mail or a phone call or anything like that. On rail I'm not sure if it would even help. I'm literally just doing this on my own accord, but consider it, you know, especially if you're from the industrial Midwest and you have a senate or you know in that or you have a lot of railway that moves through your state, because you know, nobody thinks about it until an entire town gets basically, you know, allegedly poisoned. And after that, you know, it becomes a flash in the pan moment and then boom, it's gone. And unfortunately it's just business as usual. And these are people who actually want to do something Sharon Brown is a serious person, so is Jade Vance. Many of the Democrats and Republicans just signed on to this bill. There's a reason the former President Trump endorsed it, and there's a reason that President Biden endorse it. It's not a joke. It's not one of the rare messaging things. In my opinion, that's why they're trying to kill.
Speaker 3: It so badly. That's exactly why they're actually try.
Speaker 1: Because it might actually do something. I mean, god, they're so greedy, they don't want to take a single penny off their bottom line, and they've got all of these duds in their pocket. And you see, you know, their strategy, and this has worked so many times, is just we'll delay it, we'll push it out, and then we'll quietly kill the thing and next thing, you know, you know, next time this happens, people are going to turn around and go, wait, I thought you cared about this. I thought you said you were going to do something about it, and as of today, absolutely nothing. So yes, shame and pressure these people. Where at seven Republican votes, we need like three more in the Senate to get it over the line. Then maybe you know, the House might take it up and feel some pressure to do something as well. It'd be great if President Trump would instead of just sort of tacitly approving it, if he would actually get involved. But as of today, this is, you know, a shameful episode as it stands at this point.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about something that we've been keeping our eye on here, which is a number of states in terms of homeowners insurance are becoming virtually uninsurable. It's a huge issue for homeowners, you know, on top of housing costs being out of control, premiums in Florida in particular have been absolutely skyrocketing as they have been facing catastrophic hurricane after catastrophic hurricane. Some of the most expensive disasters in history have taken place in that state. And so we've got another ensure that is pulling out at the state, making things even more difficult. Let's go and put this up on the screen. So far has now joined Banker's Insurance, Lexington Insurance, which is a subsidiary of AIG and withdrawing from the market just since last year. So multiple major insurers just pulling out as a market completely. Again, this is not just a Florida problem, a though, it may be the worst in Florida. It is a huge problem in California because of wildfire's huge problem in Colorado, also because of wild fires, Texas, Louisiana. There are a number of states that are really struggling with this. And by the way, these huge floods that we just had in New England are going to exacerbate problems for them there as well. This piece from The Guardian was I think really powerful because they actually talked to some of the residents in the state that are struggling with this, and what they're seeing is that as homeowners insurance is getting completely unaffordable. Normal middle class, working class, longtime residents of Florida are being pushed out. And guess who's coming in to gobble up their homes. It is permanent capital. It is, you know, these gigantic Wall Street investors who are snapping up a lot of the Florida real estate that is being made available by these homeowners that are being pushed out. They say in this piece that climate change is threatening the very existence of some parts of Florida. The costs are being felt by Floridians. At the end of twenty twenty two, average annual property insurance premiums had already risen to more than forty two hundred in Florida. That is three times the national average. I saw estimates. I did a monologue on this a while ago that they the estimate is that they're going to see another forty percent increase in homeowners insurance costs just this year. They spoke to one resident I think this guy was in Vero Beach who said, none of my immediate neighbors have hurricane insurance. Various of them are now trying to self ensure, meaning they're trying to build up pots of money to pay for possible damages, which is a huge risk and probably will not work. Some of them rejected by citizens, for instance, for not having sufficient storm coverings on their windows and could not afford other insurance to make matters words, I mean, the Republican legislature basically gave like giant giveaway to the industry, create a big bailout fund from them. Made it more difficult for homeowners to sue some of these property insurers who have been out and out scamming them, especially in the wake of Hurricane Ian. Put this up on the screen from Politico. They say that Hurricane Ian battered these middle class beach communities. Repair costs finished them off. That hurricanes's assault on southwest Florida is speeding a transition already occurring in some of the state's coastal communities, driving out middle and working class people, replacing them with deep pocketed buyers. In the waterfront cities of Fort Myers Beach and Cape Corral, even homeowners with flood insurance are finding they cannot afford the cost of rebuilding their houses to modern building codes as federal rules demand. And part of that is, as I was saying, there was a whole investigation, a series of investigations into the fact that many of these homeowners, even the ones that had insurance, were basically scammed by their insurers, which were these fly by night operations. Since the big guys are pulling out of the state, they're either giving them pennies of what they actually are owed, or they're tying them up in paperwork and not paying out at all for the damage that has been incurred to their property. So this is a huge deal in Florida, but it is a growing deal across the country.
Speaker 2: Really, Solder this is a major senior issue too, So I did the math here, So at forty two hundred is the average annual premium.
Speaker 3: That's three hundred and fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Not vast majority, but a large portion of people who are seniors rely almost entirely on Social Security their average monthly retirement benefit. Right now, for Social Security recipients, it's only seventeen one hundred dollars a month. So three hundred and fifty of that is just going tough freaking home insurance. I mean, just think about the percentage costs. Then you include a car payment, and you include a mortgage, or you include rent, what exactly you're supposed to eat on, you know, especially consider when you have inflation and food. So a good reminder save for retirement. But if you're not, and you're already in that, you know, in that environment. They also quote somebody in that Guardian reference point story that you're referencing, quote, my insurance premium went from seven fifty to nineteen ninety nine to a little over three k last year, before then jumping to four thousand, six hundred and seventy eight and twenty twenty three, despite the fact that I live in an area that has not been hit by a hurricane in over one hundred years, and quote, I have an itty biddy house. Luckily I was able to then get insurance through a state funded program. This brought my own premium down to twenty two hundred annually. So I think that the answer here is one that you know, many Ted Cruz people are not gonna like. We're gonna have to have some sort of government sponsored insurance program.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that people won't have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that clearly, kicking this to the free market it's not gonna work because they're either straight up scamming seniors in Florida right in all these scams, or raising premiums to such an outrageous level that they are untenable for home ownership or for staying in Florida, where like it or not, a lot of old people live. And if we're gonna have, you know, external factors like hurricanes, wild buyers and all these other things become such an impediment to a very basic tenant of living, then.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to have some sort of program.
Speaker 2: So it does look like the state has a state funded program, the Citizen Insurance Program in Florida the Citizen Property Insurance Corporation, which is not for profit insure of last resort in the area. We're going to have to have some federal programs spun up that are at least able to support it.
Speaker 3: I do like that model.
Speaker 2: Are not for profit insure of last resort so that people can get private insurance, better insurance if needed, but you can keep an insurance program which is still able to pay out at a competitive or relatively decent rate, you know, if disaster were to strike, but isn't actually trying.
Speaker 1: To turn a profit. Yeah, I mean, I think that's almost the only answer. Florida does have that fund. They did just limit who is eligible to participate in that Insurer of Last Resort. Colorado legislature legislators have been talking about how residents are calling them begging for them to institute a similar program because they're part of Colorado, especially parts that are more wildfire prone that you know, are completely unensurable and you've got residents who are really desperate. California they have a fund set up as well, but like, let's be really clear, this is going to be a tremendous cost. Tremendous cost for states, for taxpayers, if you have a federal government program for you know, the federal government. This is going to be a huge cost, especially as the climate crisis continues to work. So, I mean, we're in the middle of this massive heat wave. I'm talking about one hundred and eighteen degrees in Phoenix today. We just had these huge floods and you know, listen, you can't tie all of these things and say one hundred percent this is because of the climate crisis. But we can see the way that one in one hundred year floods are coming like every year. Now. You can see the way that these massive catastrophes just fallow one on top of another, and say, we know that this is not normal from what we've experienced even in the recent past. So it's going to continue to escalate as a major issue and a major cost of not mitigating the climate crisis. And you know, you're leaving a lot of homeowners high and dry and making it very difficult for them to stay in communities that they have lived in, you know, for literally decades. They're being pushed out right now for a lack of any sort of comprehensive plan to really deal with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I do think it's a major cost issue, specifically with the insurance problem in California and in Florida. And you know, if anything, it's even a bigger problem right now in Florida because Florida has so much net in migration, so we have a lot of people who are moving to the state.
Speaker 3: I think that's great, you.
Speaker 2: Know, cost of living, all of that, having fun, I guess, enjoying the weather, and for those people though, a need to make it sustainable, especially for newer transplants and for future retirees who have always enjoyed the state. So this I think is really a retirement and age issue as well, to try and make it affordable, because you can't be saddling people up with crazy amounts of debt, you know, in their last years while they're around with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think it's really important.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to UFO has been dying to get into this topic, and you know, we finally.
Speaker 3: Have a newspeg. So some big stuff that's been happening in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: On top of an announcement, Let's go ahead and put this up on the screen. Senator Schumer and Mike Rounds are introducing new legislation to declassified government records related to unidentified anomalists phenomena aaka UFOs modeled actually after the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. By the way, I guess I have to do this now. My fiance does work for Senator Schumer, so full disclosure. But whenever we're looking at this legislation, the most important language is one that jumps out immediately, and that is specifically about quote non human intelligence. So let me read directly from the text of the bill here. The term non human intelligence means any sentient, intelligent, non human life form, regardless of nature or ultimate origin, that may be presumed responsible for unidentified anomalist phenomena, or of which the feed federal government has become aware. So specifically written in the text, now, in terms of the UAP phenomenon, here's how they describe it. Quote means any object operating or judged capable of operating in outer space, the atmosphere, ocean surfaces under sea, lacking prosaic attribution due to performance, characteristics and properties not previously known to be achievable based upon commonly accepted physical principles. Unidentified anomalist phenomena are differentiated are both attributed and temporarily non attributed objects by one or more of the following observables. Instantaneous acceleration of absent apparent inertia, hypersonic velocity, absent thermal signature, and sonic shockwave trans mediums such as space to ground and air to undersee travel positive lift contrary.
Speaker 3: To known aero dynamic principles.
Speaker 2: Multi spectral signature control physical or invasive biological effects to close observers.
Speaker 3: And so this is spelled out straight up in legislation.
Speaker 2: We're talking here about the freaking Senate majority leader who's including this, and this would ride as an amendment onto the NDAA, which is what funds the entire Pentagon. So this is the strongest and most clear language to date that has come from Congress. Congress is fed up after the whistleblower allegations of Dave Grush that came out, the Pentagon continues to obfuscate.
Speaker 3: They basically called him a liar. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I absolutely don't think so, considering what the even Inspector General of the Intelligence community said about him, said that he has a credible and highly sensitive and timely allegations that are being put forward. You can go watch the interview that he did with Ross Kultrut yourself if you want to judge for how credible he is.
Speaker 3: I found it incredibly compelling. But put that aside.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking here about actual Congress and hearings putting people under oath. So let's go to the next part here, please, where the White House was actually asked about this yesterday and the spokesperson that the spokesperson himself, John Kirby, had this to say, some of.
Speaker 9: These phenomena we know have already had an impact on our training ranges. For you know, when pilots are out trying to do training in the air and they see these things, they're not sure what they are, and it can have an impact on their ability to perfect their skills. It's already had an impact here, and we just want to better understand it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: We're not saying what they are, what they're not. We're saying that there's something our pilots are seeing. We're saying it has had an effect on some of our training operations, and so we want to get to the bottom of it. We want to understand it better.
Speaker 2: So, yes, I don't understand it better. On top of that, Crystal, we got some big news here. Let's go ahead and put this up there on the screen. The House Oversight Committee will hold a hearing on UAPs. This is from Representative Tim Burchett on Wednesday, July twenty six, So that's going to be next week. Already doing some planning and some interesting stuff that'll be happening now in terms of that hearing and who's going to testify, there's still a lot of questions about it. According to Ross, quote the Representative Andre Carson. We've played actually some clips about him before. He was the first UAP hearings that were held in Congress. He's a Democrat from New York. He says that he would actually love to get Dave Grush to the hearing before the House Permanent Select and Intelligence Committee on Intelligence. But quote, he is currently in the minority, so we'll see how that works. So we don't yet know who the wetnesses are going to be before the Oversight Committee. I should also note, you know Burchett himself, he's a believer. This guy knows a lot about Roswell, the history, so he's been one of the people pushing for this behind the scenes. But overall, I would say that this is a victory in terms of getting transparency and answer from these lawmakers.
Speaker 3: I mean, to have the.
Speaker 2: Senate Majority leader put a writer like that in Congress is just extraordinary.
Speaker 3: I mean you heard the terms that I use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, hopefully it will become reliteral law of the United States. So to have that out in writing and demanding answers, that's pretty big.
Speaker 1: So I have a few questions for you. So with that whole list that you read off that's in the amendment here right, that you know, trans medium, biological effects and supersonic hypersonic speedy or whatever, like, where does that come from?
Speaker 3: Well, oh, well they come you mean in terms.
Speaker 1: Of like where do they get that particulars reports?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we've played a lot of video here before about that show some of these alleged ins. It's not exactly, but in terms of the witness reports that have come out from Ryan Graves, from David Fraver and other a lot of them report objects that appear to defy the laws of physics that you can see that are on video. Trans Medium is one that's been reported for a long time from people in the US Navy and in the US Air Force specifically being able to go ser a seed to air almost seamlessly, and in some cases even reporting seeing things that were under the ocean and trans medium actually would make sense if you had some sort of not even propellant, because that's probably the wrong way to think of it in terms of the way that these things move, but it would make sense in terms of the way that something that does defy the current laws of physics would have to be able to theoretically move between these and the medium itself. Air or sea should not matter, as it would to like a conventional jet engine. That's where they get the term from.
Speaker 1: The thing with Kirby is confusing to me because he probably has like the highest classification level you can possibly have, so doesn't he already have access to everything there is?
Speaker 3: But I don't think it's true. I mean, that's what Dave Dave Grush really.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I know a lot of people who have very very high top secret clearance. And one of the reasons why it's called TSSCI top Secret Secret Comparliament compartmentalized information is because it's compartmentalized. It's a need to know program so, I mean, I've said it before John Podesta, who's a freaking White House chief of staff. They have something I believe it's called Yankee white that is the highest clearance that you can get whenever it's the President of the United States and core national security people around him. He tried to find out and they wouldn't tell him. If he's the one who's trying to find out, what are you supposed to do? Bill Clinton is on the record say quote, I am embarrassed to say that I tried to find out and I couldn't really get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he was the president. So, I mean, there's a show in the UK.
Speaker 2: This is more akin to their system called like yes minister, And what it effectively boils down to is in the UK because the government is constantly like changing, but whoever the secretary of what are they call exchequer whatever in terms of their treasury secretary, so their treasury secretary is constantly like moving in and out as an elected member of Parliament, but there's a permanent bureaucracy that the permanent bureaucracy is always like yes minister, absolutely will get on there and they just do whatever they want yeah, because they're the ones who are actually in the permanent government. That's how they think of a government, whereas we kind of tend to think of it as elected. And while you would want us to live in a more directly responsible system, the truth is that the deep state and all these things are real.
Speaker 1: And then my last question on this is like, if if John Kirby can't get answers, how hopeful are you that this effort to declassify these documents is going to actually yield any real results.
Speaker 3: I think it's about pushing. I mean, let's think about the Church Committee.
Speaker 2: The Church Committee, and a lot of people don't know about this, but back in the day, the Church Committee was an extraordinarily important event because they exposed all the wrongdoing of the FBI and the CIA and the intelligence community which was completely out of control on domestic stoil from the nineteen fifties to the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: You want to know.
Speaker 2: Why that we even knew anything about it. It's because Crystal, a bunch of militants broke into an FBI warehouse and stole some papers. And because of that, we got this name, and we said, hey, what the hell is this name? Co intel Pro based on Cointel Pro mk Ultra, and all of that was only as a result of people knowing what terms to FOYA, which then FOYA is the Freedom of Information Act for people who aren't nerds like me, and then was able to come and be analyzed by the Church Committee. And these guys were in the Oversight Committee. They had no idea about what was going on here. The point here is about public pressure about people like Grush, who sees people like us talking about this, Jeremy Corbel Ross and out there and say, hey, you know, I'm looking at some stuff which directly contradicts what this guy is saying in Congress, and I feel pretty compelled to come out and to talk about it. So do I think Congress is going to get the answer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Will it inspire though maybe more Dave grutches somebody even with even more compartmentalized information to come forward.
Speaker 3: Will it may be inspire.
Speaker 2: And I'm not advocating this, to be clear, a future mission like what happened with mk Ultra and co intel Pro about literally going and stealing documents to try to figure that out, Maybe it'll inspire next Daniel Elsberg, it's just about starting the conversation, and I think that that's.
Speaker 3: What we'll do. And it also it exposes lies.
Speaker 2: So you know, our current committees, we've gotten Sean Kirkpatrick, this guy on the record being like, yeah, these things, we don't have any possession of these of these technol So if it turns out to be true, he's a liar. I mean, no, I'm not saying it's suffering consequences. Remember when Clapper lied to Congress about the It's not like anything happened, but you know he did at least for some people. He can always point to his credibility in the future public shop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's on video.
Speaker 2: He literally lied, like he lied bald faced to the Congress. So I think we very likely would be able to see that with this topic.
Speaker 3: I think I think I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try and attend to hearing myself just to see exactly what's going on, because I do think that this one, this one could be a big one in terms of what we're able to get on the record to the public, and then the combined with the legislation itself, if it does pass, would really be extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So I wanted to give you an update on a huge break in a case that you know was basically a cold case for more than ten years. This is the Gilgo Beach serial killer. Police say that they have caught and apprehend handed the man. Let's go and put up on the screen what we know about him, and then I'll give you a little bit of the backstory here. The man they've identified and arrested is Rex Hureman. They say he is suspect in Gilgo Beach Killing's little life of chaos and control. He was painstaking in his Manhattan professional pursuits, but at home in Massapequa Park he left neighbors discomfident. So they paint a portrait in the New York Times of a man who was an architectural consultant, worked with you some well known entities. His professional reputation was that he was very fastidious, almost over the top attention to detail, which some of his clients apparently appreciated, and some of them he was, you know, a sort of irritated them the level of attention to detail and obsessive focus that he had. But interestingly, his neighbors really had a very different feeling about him, and tried to avoid him and gave him the creeps. For lack of a better term, one neighbor, mister Firshaw, said, I was not surprised at all when he was arrested because of all the creepiness. Mister Firchaw recounted several run ins with his neighbor, none pleasant. There was the time he said hello to him as he was cutting wood and mister Huerman responded by slightly silently glaring back between chops of his splitting mall. Another neighbor who has lived in that neighborhood for ten years, has a friend who lives behind mister Huerman. Sometimes mister Schmidt would visit his buddy, have a few beers in the backyard, look out at the sagging Huerman house and say he probably has bodies there, so obviously giving off some really weird vibes. There was another instance where that same neighbor, mister Schmidt and his friend resolved to take their kids treating at his house just to get a look inside. There was surprise when mister Human answered the door gave each child a small plastic pumpkin, But when they got home, mister Schmidt's wife was like there is no way in hell you're letting our children eat that candy based on who it came from, and threw it in the trash, made him throw it in the trash. It's also a weird incident where he stole oranges from a whole foods that were meant for kids. So anyway, there was a really mixed picture of this guy, I guess consistent with the idea that he was really living and leaning two lives. He was married. He has one report I saw said one child, another said two children. His daughter worked with him at the architectural firm. He was arrested, you know, outside of that firm. But part of what makes this, you know, something that we wanted to go into here is that this case was basically dead and this was horrific. We're talking about ten years ago, roughly more than ten years ago. They found four bodies. Then they started to really, you know, look more extensively, and they found remains of up to sixteen different people in this area near Gilgo Beach. Put the next piece up on the screen. But there was a huge corruption issue in the local among the local police officers, and so they didn't want to work with the FBI. Because the head dude was actually under investigation by the FBI for corruption, for the fact that he beat up some suspect and then got everybody to cover it up and lie about it, etc. So he didn't want to work with the FBI, so he let the case drop, and so it didn't come back up and get close to any sort of conclusion until they brought in a new police chief. There was also another element here where because the women who were brutally murdered and their bodies left in this area of the beach, they were mostly they were escorts on Craigslist, and they had moved to New York from other areas, and so they were seen as sort of like not that important and became not that high a priority for the people who were involved. So it was a really horrifying look at who people actually care about and who they thought mattered. So snoopleice chief comes in decides because there's new technology related to DNA evidence that maybe she could have another crack at solving this case and being able to bring to justice this Long Island serial killer. Also, this woman really had an understanding of how much even if the news is horrible and families find out that you know, yes this was my daughter and yes this was her killer, that that sort of revelation can at least bring some closure to the family. So she was really committed to that and ultimately is able to sort of break this case open. Ye know, there was a pizza crust and DNA evidence that was involved and matching his truck with a truck that was seen at one of the scenes of the crime, and they were able to bring the alleged killer to justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is one of the craziest things that I've read in terms of the serial killer kind of discourse. I think that the worst part about it, as you said, Crystal, was that it was a cold case for so many years, which really does if they're able to catch them also based on old witness testimony and doing the basic groundwork of looking at car registration and then eventually taining DNA.
Speaker 3: I mean, presumably all of that existed a decade ago.
Speaker 2: So don't the police really have a lot to answer for here as to why. I mean, you know, look, if it was development of a technology that didn't you know, exist to you're okay, fine, but you know, world wasn't that different in twenty twelve, Like It's like whenever we saw a witness statement and then they were checking car registration records, if anything, they would have been current at the time, rather than having to go retrospect. It's not like DNA also didn't exist also, and then all you know, I always am I always am of two minds whenever I think about neighbors and witnesses and all this, because on the one hand, like I've got some weird neighbors.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean you're a serial killer. But you know, if.
Speaker 2: Somebody is joking about bodies in a basement and then also making people throw candy away, and then you have multiple instances also of you know, the report Crystal that his interior designer said that he had a chamber inside of his basement that he wouldn't let anybody go into. I mean, that is where things get just get sketchy, to the point of you probably should alert somebody. At the same time, like, look, there's always an innocent explanation. He said it was for guns. I know gun people who've got gun rooms. I guess they wouldn't let a lot of people into them, So you know, maybe that's what they were just willing to brush it off. But I think the fact that you had to bring in a new police chief after a decade to really just do some very basic leg work here is really an awful look for this area.
Speaker 3: And you know, you got to think about to the victims.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, this is very common unfortunately, and a lot of these serial killer cases is they just target you know, the underclass people like prostitutes and escorts, and nobody's going to miss them. A lot of them are runaways, they're not as much of a high priority. They don't have their family members beaten down the door in order to get their cases solved.
Speaker 3: And you know, they're the ones who are victimized the worst.
Speaker 2: I mean, we sometimes as a society pay attention to them really whenever they get killed.
Speaker 3: But you know, just these are really just you know, the outliers.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of them who you know, get raped or mistreated or terribly abused on literally on a day to day basis, and nobody ever really looks or even cares about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. I mean you had some people who were involved in this case who basically olwrights and like, oh, well, we're lucky that it was no one who really mattered I mean, there was. It was horrific some of the things that they said in the attitude towards this case because of who these women were. But these women were a lot more than just you know, an escort to be discarded with. These were mothers, these were daughters. These were people who had hopes and dreams and aspirations and yeah, maybe struggling at that particular point in time in their life, but they were human beings who really mattered. So there's there's that piece of it. There's the part of like who society cares about and who these police cared about to actually try to identify their killers and think about all these years that went by, like we don't know that this maniac, this bloodthirsty killer wasn't continuing to murder girls during this time. So there's also the piece of like, you could have saved lives if you had gone aggressively after this and actually tried to close this case. Let me just tell you because that the other piece about that the corruption aspect of this really speaks to an abusive power and like a power trip piece too. So here's the details. They say that the former chief of the police department in Suffolk County who was the one that had the corruption issues. His name was James Burke, and he was the one who really sort of let this case drop because you didn't want to work with the FBI. The reason was the Justice Department was investigating him for corruption. In late twenty twelve, a year after assuming control of the Suffolk Police, mister Burke assaulted a man who was being held for a parole violation. The parole whose name is Christopher Lobe, had been brought on suspicion that he had stolen a bag from the police chief's car that contained pornography and sex choys. Mister Burke then pressured detectives who saw him beat this man deny that they saw the attack. Even the Suffa County District Attorney, Thomas Spoda, helped with that cover up. Eventually, both of them were convicted of conspiracy, and Suffolk County became notorious as one of the nation's most corrupt law enforcement jurisdictions. So the other piece of this is, you know, these these guys who felt like the rules didn't apply to them, They felt like they were the law. They thought that they could abuse their power and engage in a cover up and get away with that. The fact that they had their own personal issues of corruption is part of why they did not aggressively look to, you know, to solve this case and just let it linger for years and years while vulnerable women continue to be at risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's why the public is involved in it. You know, it's not always grizzly details and they're always so interested. It's always just a question of about does something like this happen? You know, it really is a tragedy. And yeah, I'm glad that we actually spent some time on these because you know, sometimes people and I see this all the daily mail, and all these people are having a field day in terms of like, oh, like I said, interior designer, guess what I read it.
Speaker 3: I had to you know, I had to know.
Speaker 2: But we're trying to think about this from a systemic level of like police screwed this up, the people were responsible for protecting and then also people were the most vulnerable amongst us in our society very often just get disregarded and then when they get killed, you know, nobody takes a notice. That's why cases allowed to languish for a decade when apparently it really wasn't that difficult to solve?
Speaker 3: And who knows, maybe somebody else could have been saved.
Speaker 2: Apparently there's still pulling bodies and remnants and all those things out of his residence. So it's really gross. It's very sad, Crystal, what are you taking a look at?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Extreme heat alerts are blanketing the country right now as a brutal heat wave punishes the west and the southwest of this nation. Particularly hard hit is the state of Arizona, where sidewalks have reached temperatures high enough to cause contact burns death. Valley May now notch a new record for the highest temperature ever reliably recorded, and Phoenix broke its daily record with a high temperature of one hundred and eighteen Now these record breaking temperatures are causing misery for the homeless and for outdoor workers in construction, package delivery, and farming. They are also exacerbating a problem that has been many years in the making. Dwindling water supplies. High temperatures from climate change plus a long term drought also likely caused by climate change, are drying up rivers, groundwater, and reservoirs at an increased pace. In fact, this water crisis has gotten so dire that Arizona has decided to ban additional construction in certain Phoenix neighborhoods to try to slow the depletion of this absolutely vital resource. Now, these Western water wars have been escalating in every state in that part of the country, and they often pit rural residents who need water for irrigation with growing urban centers. But in Arizona, a new foe and new battle lines are being drawn because, as the Washington Post reports, and as we've discussed here before, one of the main consumers of water in the state doesn't have urban or rural Arizona roots, or even American roots at all. A giant agribusiness with ties to the Kingdom of Saudi Ira is guzzling up Arizona's water at a stunning clip. Here's the Washington Post quote. A mega drought has seared Arizona, stressing its rivers and reservoirs and reducing water to a trickle in the homes of farm workers near this desert valley. But greenfields of alfalfa stretch across thousands of acres of the desert land, shimmering in the burning sunlight. Wells draw water from deep underground, turning the parched earth into verdant farmland. For nearly a decade, the state of Arizona has leased this world terrain west of Phoenix to a Saudi owned company, allowing it to pump all the water it needs to grow the alfalfa hey, a crop it exports to feed the Kingdom's dairy cows. Now in their own home country, the Saudis have actually banned growing water intentsive crops like alfalfa in order to protect their own limited water resources, So in order to feed their cows, they've turned to Arizona, exploiting the state's water usage laws to suck up vast quantities of local groundwater, and for years they have faced next to no scrutiny, even nyeing Arizona's the ability to know just how much water they are actually using. The company, Fondamante Arizona, aggressively lobbied the legislature and the governor, hiring key people with high level connections. One of their top lobbyists had served as finance chair for the Arizona Republican Party, and as if that wasn't enough, they put a former Republican member of Congress on their payroll as well. Now it made some sense to target Republicans first of all, until quite recently the state was reliably read. Second of all, their pitch landed with free market conservative types who viewed water as part and parcel of the property rights of landowners, rather than as a public resource to be managed collectively. Perfect example of how companies and foreign governments have figured out how to use our own free market ideology against us. Now. The company also took advantage of the relative poverty of the county that their farm is in to attempt to foster goodwill. They donated few thousand dollars the local high school for sports programs, pony up the cached by White paint needed for a local landmark purchased company branded face Mass for local distribution during the COVID pandemic. The patoes for them, but a big deal for a local community that was starved for funds. In this program of buying politicians and buying local goodwill, it worked for years, but as drought, heat, and scarcity had become urgent problems, the company has come under some increasing scrutiny. Accordingly, the new Democratic governor, Katie Hobbs, has signaled a tougher line. In assign of mounting pressure, the company was forced for the first time to reveal just how much water it is actually sucking up, and the number is pretty shocking. They announced they had used sixteen thousand, four hundred and fifteen acre feet of water in a single year. Now, from perspective, that's equivalent to the water usage of an entire city of fifty thousand people. Just this one company. It's enough, as the Post put it, to cover twelve thousand, five hundred football fields with a foot of water again in a single year. And this did not go to feed, bathe or cool human beings. It went to feed cows in Saudi Arabia because that country has wisely decided to conserve their own resources, while of course guzzling ours. Goes without saying that in a drought strictened state, this astonishing level of water usage is a threat local farmers and city dwellers are facing alike. In fact, it's already having major impacts locally, where wells are running dry and the very workers who tend those alfalfa fields have to whul buckets of water for showers and cooking. According to a proposal that the Post was able to get their hands on. Governor Hombps is considering taking significant action, potentially even blocking Fondamante's land leases when they expire. It's not so easy to take on big business, so if she does, she should definitely be applauded. We need a whole mental shift, though, on how these questions are handled. How do we handle competing interests in a time of resource scarcity, what core interests need to be protected from the whims of the free market, and who should our economy and regulatory environment actually be set up to serve. As our world warms and disasters become more common, more devastating, these questions are only going to become more difficult to resolve, and the stakes that much more catastrophic. Sager really fits with the conversation we had earlier about property owners insurance and how just and.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at breakingpoints dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, sorry, were looking at well.
Speaker 2: Perhaps the most frustrating part of the entire war in Ukraine to me is how much it has scrambled the minds of American voters and American foreign policy elites to our priorities. Walking around Washington today, you would think that the year is nineteen sixty one, that our principal adversary is Russia, that the booming center of the world is Central Europe, which is both economically dynamic prospering and a sure bet to pay major economic dividends for our relationship in the years to come. Basically, none of that is true anymore. You can think that Ukraine is important for your own reasons if you want, but here's the truth. Whether Kiev remains under Ukrainian hands or Russian hands has zero impact on our way of life. Ukraine in twenty nineteen was our sixty seventh largest trading partner. Russia was our twenty sixth. This isn't even to say that shouldn't help Ukraine. It is simply a truth though, that it doesn't really matter that much to us. Same with Russia. It is only important because of its nuclear weapon status and oil reserves. And as we have all found out, we can effectively blockade the entire country and it will not change anything about the way that we do business here. So why are we spending some ninety percent of our foreign policy thinking and obsession over Ukraine and Russia. The answer is two. Part One is we share a long cultural heritage with Europe. Many Americans are of European descent. Of course, our histories are long intertwined, going back to our founding.
Speaker 3: We fought side by side in two Great.
Speaker 2: Wars, and the United States saved the entire continent from Hitlerism and Soviet Communism. Two, though, is frankly a Russian obsession infecting the entire American foreign policy elite. It goes back to the Cold War had gasoline poort on the fire by Russia Gate. Post Trump, those two conditions have created the perfect storm. All the dreams of the old Cold War hawks are being fulfilled. Americans are being gas lit into thinking are most important global relationship is with the European continent. From NATO to the EU to the bilateral meetings that our President Biden spends all this time on.
Speaker 3: It is Europe, Europe, Europe.
Speaker 2: And yet by almost every available metric, Europe has never mattered less to the United States. Note at the beginning of this monologue, I said Ukraine or Russia does not impact US.
Speaker 3: It does impact Europe though it's their land.
Speaker 2: They have long shared bad blood, and frankly, if it's a problem, it's really only a problem for them.
Speaker 3: And yet, as I've covered here ad nauseum, they don't pay for it. We pay the vast.
Speaker 2: Majority of expenses of the Ukrainian military that we remain the main diplomatic interlocutar, even though it matters the least to us. The trend is only going in the wrong direction. NATO is expanding, meaning our obligation to defend even more European territory is somehow extending, And how is the continent that we are apparently wasting so much time and money protecting even doing Europeans are poorer than ever before, and they only getting even more so. As the Wall Street Journal Rights quote, Europe's current predicament predicament has been long in the making. An aging population with a preference for free time and job security over earnings has ushered in years of lackluster economic and productivity growth. Then came a one to two punch of the COVID nineteen pandemic and Russia's protracted war in Ukraine. It's actually very simple. They have huge welfare states, they don't make very many goods. They also don't innovate very much. Most of their energy also came from Russia. Zoom ount and it's clear. The Eurozone economy grew six percent over the last fifteen years, the United States has grown by eighty two percent. Now, look, America's got a lot of problems, but ours mostly boils down to proper distribution of our riches rather than being actually poor in the aggregate. As the journal so aptly puts it, quote, if the current trend continues, by twenty thirty five, the gap between economic output per capita in the US and EU will be as large as that between Japan and Ecuador today. I will take the action on that, considering the state of politics on the continent. Meanwhile, let's check in on the rest of the world. You couldn't see a more different picture. A new demographic analysis shows that by twenty fifty, people above the age of sixty five and older will make up forty percent of the entire European population. For context, as Time notes, this is twice the current old population of Florida. It effectively will become a retirement colony, as will the major countries in East Asia, including China, Japan, and South Korea. So who's actually growing now, As the chart shows, by twenty fifty, the countries with the largest working AIG shares of population will be South Africa, me and mar India, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya, Indonesia, Egypt, and Ethiopia. So basically South Africa, North Africa, Southeast Asia and India. How much time do we spend thinking about our bilateral relationships with these countries the importance that they have to the current and the future of US economy and our way of life. Already it is clear the top ten trading partners of the United States in twenty twenty two, whereas follows Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, Germany, South Korea, the UK, Taiwan, India, and Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Already it means six out of the top.
Speaker 2: Ten trading partners that the US has are in Asia, only two or in Europe compared to the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: This is already the case.
Speaker 2: Asia is forty five percent of global GDP, double the measly GDP of Europe, and by twenty thirty, the current projection shows that Asia will become a full fifty one percent of global GDP, Europe shrinking down to eighteen percent. People think I have something personal against Europe. They would be right if we were just talking about food and coffee. In reality, I have a problem with people who cannot do math. You can only pursue existential risk and effort when that risk is existential to you. If you think of it like business, you would never allocate so much time, effort, and money towards a dying share of your business. You would look clearly at trends and you would allocate resources both for reality today and for the future. If we do not change course soon, our future is obvious. We will end up like Europe, irrelevant to the affairs of the world, arrogant writing our cultural co tales from the past, and worst of all, vulnerable to the wants of whomever controls Asia. And you know, I was just thinking about a crystal in terms of you know, a lot of people misunderstand.
Speaker 1: And if you want to hear my reaction to Sager's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at breakingpoints dot Com.
Speaker 2: Joining us now is Ali Beth Sucky. She is the host of a relatable It's a great show. We're gonna have a link down there in the description Ali, we decided we wanted to talk to you after you put out a reaction to this video about Andrew Tate, the Tucker interview and really about conservative embrace of Tait as a figure. We're going to play a little bit of this video and then we're going to get reaction.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look.
Speaker 5: What are you charged with? That's a really good question. I'm charged with being the head of an organized criminal group which is in charge of recruiting girls to make TikTok videos. BA face charges which include human trafficking, rape, and forming a criminal gang to sexually exploit OnlyFans.
Speaker 3: Is the best hustle in the world. Are they accusing you of using violence or.
Speaker 5: No, accuse me of using the lover boy method cohersing them by being nice. So yeah, on cover taktook call my my PhD program, and that is a PhD is a pimp and hose degree gotam that teaches basically how I got girls, how I met girls, how I got girls to like me, how I got girls to fall in love with me, to work on webcam for me?
Speaker 2: And so Ali, after that video, you put out this, she said quote Andrew Tate is evidence that the right can be as easily deceived by empty platitudes and virtue signaling as the left. All the true things Tate says about social issues are just virtue signals to cover for his degeneracy. And I was curious, you know, to get your perspective on this as a conservative woman kind of in our media sphere, and all of that as reaction, not to the interview itself, although maybe, but really Andrew Tate, some of the embrace that we've seen out there.
Speaker 10: I understand the appeal of Andrew Tate to a certain degree. Like if you look at the political landscape, I think a lot of young men, a lot of young single men, maybe they feel emasculated or they feel definitely at the bottom of the intersectional totem pull over the past few years, and so to hear someone they think represent masculinity and strength and tell them that the problem is progressive is the problem is feminism. You need to take responsibility, you need to be strong, you need to work out all of these things.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 10: I understand that some of the critiques that he has of society, certainly of leftism. I would probably agree with some of the things that he tells men to do like, be strong, take responsibility whatever. I can understand the attractiveness of that mesas a method or message to a lot of young men. However, he is charged with trafficking. He is charged with rape. He is charged and has admitted on tape several times that he has manipulated young women. In one video, he slips up and he says, oh, you know, it's normal for fifteen sixteen. I mean, wait, it's the age of consent eighteen year old girls to come and work for me.
Speaker 6: And how he.
Speaker 10: Does it is he gets them to fall in love with him. He promises them some kind of future relationships, some kind of long term commitment, has sex with them, and then after that uses another woman to convince this girl to then do webcam work for him, and then takes over half of their money. And he says this repeatedly on tape on camera. He's not ashamed of it, or hasn't been ashamed of it, I guess, until he was charged recently, and he calls it a pimp and this degree he calls himself a pimp.
Speaker 6: And so I can't speak to Romanian law.
Speaker 10: I don't know exactly what's going to happen in this case. But at the very least, the very very least, he is not a hero. He's not someone just because he says some true things sometimes should be hoisted up in any way as an exemplar of virtue or strength or morality.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, like he.
Speaker 10: Is a very dangerous, narcissistic dork who has attracted a lot of attention for just being a degenerate that makes himself sound virtuous.
Speaker 1: We have another clip from that Tucker interview that I wanted to get you to react to Ali because you know his defense and what his supporters will say is, oh, the reason that they arrested him. They're going after him some matrix. Right, He's saying things that are dangerous and so they're trying to take him down. Let's take a listen to how Andrew himself framed this in that interview.
Speaker 5: The overall understand my understanding of it. They're saying that human trafficking is when you convince a woman to do something she doesn't want to do for financial gain. And there's different methods you can do that. You can do that through force, and you can also do that through emotional cohersion.
Speaker 7: I think most people are just speaking from the American perspective. Most people believe that human trafficking is effectively slavery selling human being and.
Speaker 5: That's what I believe as well. Absolutely. And this is the thing that's so interesting. When you finally end up the enemy of the matrix and they use the legal system as a weapon to punish you for having an opinion, you realize how subjective the law is, right, because it can be a weapon when you have something subjective, you can just pick and choose. So they sit and say, ah, human trafficking is a woman doing something for financial gain against her will via emotional cohersion. Well, he knows these two girls, they have TikTok emotional coersion convincing her. That's what I'm accused of, because they have no proof of me doing anything wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, it seems to me like in another context a lot of conservatives would describe emotional coercion as grooming. So that's one piece. But I wanted to get you to react to this Matrix piece because you know, in your comments you were talking about how the left has this vulnerability to virtue signaling, which as member of the left I've spoken out against, and that there's a similar vulnerability on the right. People are susceptible to kind of taking mental shortcuts, and so if he sort of signals some of the right things and then the people you hate seem to be against him, then that's enough of like a proof that he's actually on your side. Could you talk about, you know, where the some of the specific vulnerabilities are on the right, because I just have fewer insights, fewer sort of like intel into that world.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think they're right because we are so often demonized by the mainstream, whether it's the mainstream media, or whether it's Hollywood, whether it's the so called elites, whatever, however you want to define that, the people in charge of the major corporations, the tech companies, academia.
Speaker 6: All of that.
Speaker 10: We're we kind of, I think, get embarrassed by only being represented by like Christian conservatives. So when someone throws us a bone, when someone who doesn't fit this standard mold of conservative, some you know, white Christian conservative who espouses all these traditional values, we kind of get excited. We're like, oh, maybe this person is going to make us cool. Maybe maybe it's not just the religious writer, maybe it's not just Christian conservatives who have the same ideas about feminism or masculinity or family or whatever as we do. So when we get like one comedian or one celebrity or one person who happens to express a kind of heterodox, almost conservative opinion, like, we get really excited about that, and we like, you.
Speaker 6: Know, put them on some kind of.
Speaker 10: Pedestal as our hero, and then we always end up being disappointed.
Speaker 6: The same thing kind of happened with Kanye West. Not comparing Kanye.
Speaker 10: West and Andrew Tate, but that's the principle that I'm talking about here, so I think a little bit of.
Speaker 6: That is coming into play.
Speaker 10: But then, of course, when you add on top of it that I think Andrew Tate much better than some of the other celebrities that the right kind of clings on too so hastily. He really does understand the language like he does understand the concerns of a lot of conservative or at least non leftist young men.
Speaker 6: I think he is in some ways.
Speaker 10: Very different and as I said, degenerate version of Jordan Peterson, and that he appeals to like very real emotions, very real feelings of loneliness, of lack of value, of disrespect of being kind of lost in the world and wanting to feel value, feel purpose, feel like you're adding something, feel like you're pushing back against darkness, like he really.
Speaker 6: Appeals to that.
Speaker 10: And because he says things that are true, and because he captures that like pathos so quickly, which is really the sign of like a good communicator, the rest of this stuff just kind of gets justified. They either say, well, it's just part of his persona, or that's lacking context somehow, or it's he's joking or whatever it is. But look, it's difficult to detach yourself from someone who has emotionally appealed to you and kind of placed himself in the position of mentorship.
Speaker 6: So I think that's what happens to.
Speaker 10: A lot of young men who have become kind of his disciples.
Speaker 2: If you will, Ali, let me hate you with another one. I hear this all the time, which is, why are you spending time even going after someone who is tangentially aligned with us. You're doing the left job for them. I've rejected that, but I'm curious. You know, I think you're probably someone more in the movement than me. What's your response to that type of criticism.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't say that he's aligned with me at all. Like I'm sure that there are some people on the laft to say things that I agree. There are probably some people who espouse the tenets of gender ideology, which I think are extremely destructive, especially for children, that might say something sometimes that I agree with. I'm still going to criticize them when they say something that I not only disagree with but vehemently oppose. And look, I'm a I'm a Christian conservative and so or a conservative Christian.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's the better way to say it.
Speaker 10: So to me, when I'm thinking about truth and goodness and beauty, the things that I want to aspire to, the things I want society to aspire to, I see Andrew Tate as just as far from that is any you know, secular left wing person espousing and ideas that I don't like, Like I see his promotion of pornography, of basically polygamy or at least from men anyway, and just moral rot. It's just as dangerous, just as destructive as any form of like, of any form of progressivism.
Speaker 3: That I like.
Speaker 10: And so when I am trying to aspire to hire things, good things, I mean, it doesn't really matter what the ideology is of the people who are opposing those hiring good things, but as long as they are opposing them, And.
Speaker 6: So I see Entrewtaate.
Speaker 10: As just as much of an enemy to those good things the society should be aspiring to as any enemy that I may.
Speaker 1: Have on the left.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: And Ali, what's the reaction to your comments been, because he obviously does have very hardcore group of defenders. But you know, I mean, there were a few things that struck me. First of all, obviously, this is coming at the same moment as like the sound of Freedom discourse, and there's been a lot of anti groomor discourse on the right. So there's that piece of like, you've got that. But on the other hand, you're out and out defending a man who was actually accused of human trafficking. And then the other thing that struck me is just a little bit of research. You see, he is just out and out lying about what the charges and the allegations against him are. And listen, he deserves stay in court. We'll see what evidence he brings to be beart et cetera. There are seven different victims whose text messages they have who you know, have spoken to the prosecution about the coercion that was used. He is. There is physical violence that is alleged. There is rape that is alleged. There's you know, creating fake debts and keeping these women basically in hawk to him and to his brother that is alleged. So even just the you know, the basics of what he was spinning Tucker on are out and out false.
Speaker 3: Why is it?
Speaker 1: Why is it sort of difficult for people to see that in this context?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 10: I mean, he's admitted to fraud, and fraud is one of the things that they look for when they're looking for is this person actually trafficked?
Speaker 6: Is this person actually a victim?
Speaker 10: You don't actually have to be And we don't know necessarily if there was physical violence that was used, But he's admitted on tape to committing fraud, to line to these women, to keep them basically trapped in these kind of webcam agreements. I was, you know, I'm a fan of Tucker, A big fan of Tucker. I think that he has done a lot of good and telling a lot of truth, and I think it's fine that he.
Speaker 6: Interviewed Andrew Tate I think reporters.
Speaker 10: Journalists are supposed to interview all kinds of controversial people, whether you agree with them or not. But there were a lot of lies told in that interview that could have been caught that I mean that there was a lot that I think could have been pushed back on this as Okay, you say that they're not charging you with violence, but look right here, like we're talking about rape.
Speaker 6: You say that there are.
Speaker 10: No women who say that they're victims, but look right here, we actually have allegations or accusations of having seven victims.
Speaker 6: And so, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think that it's just a refusal to see things as they are, a refusal to kind of get out of this idea that the enemy of my enemy is my friend and just see things as from a truthful perspective. And yeah, I think that people just don't want to give credence to anything that they view as a progressive, I don't know, perspective or a feminist perspective. You ask the reaction, I think most people probably agree with me. I think most conservatives probably agree that Andrew Tait is a degenerate that shouldn't be voiced up as a hero.
Speaker 6: But There are definitely people who have called me a feminist a misinterest.
Speaker 10: Oh, feminism has infected my mind just as much as any far leftist, which is just so funny. And so there's that, there's always going to be that, there's a.
Speaker 6: Lot of thoughtlessness and yeah, that's just kind of how it goes.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's how it is to relate in public discourse.
Speaker 3: You've got this show relatable.
Speaker 2: We'll have a link. As I said in the description, we really appreciate your time. I really enjoy talking to.
Speaker 6: You, so thank you, thanks so much, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pleasure.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we will see you all later. The Crisis
Speaker 1: Inducted to Pulic School