Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington welcomes Ginger Billy May Night through the eleventh, then from White Famous, catch Jay Farroh ME sixteenth and seventeenth, and don't miss Rocky Dan Davis ME twenty third and twenty fourth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com Comedy Off by Way.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio Wednesday or Thursday, May the fifteenth. I'm Matt Jones here in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm in studio. Shannon is across the hall. Ryan and Drew are in Lexington. You give Shannon Clark's Puppy Shop full line. It is ask Anything Thursday. You can ask anything you want. This is my last day of not interrupting Shannon and so so far, this is the day. This is the day that puts it to as though. Eight five nine two eight OHO twenty two eighty seven. I'm also looking at the phone so I'll be able to pick here on ask anything Thursday, hope to get some good questions. The Clark's Puppings Shot Phone nine a Vision Auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this edition sponsored by the t J Smith Love as you call TJ. I'll make them pay. I am told right now, Shannon that the WLAP stream is down. Yeah, which, once again, how does this always happen to us? I still don't get I do not understand how in twenty twenty five things break always with us. We had the show the other day in this seven ninety station in Louisville. Just in the middle of it, just switched to Dan Patrick in the middle of the.
Speaker 3: Show, trying to listen to Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Come on, Dan Patrick's not even on now Louisville. And so they just picked a random show in America and said we'll play that instead of Matt Well.
Speaker 4: The good thing is Nose Whistle seven ninety eight dot com is still working.
Speaker 2: What is the actual website?
Speaker 4: That's that's the way I know it. I mean seven ninety k r D. But the one that I know works nos Whistle seven ninety amarious, I'm being one hundred percent serious.
Speaker 2: You're telling me if you put in no swistle.
Speaker 3: Seven ninety am am dot way?
Speaker 2: Who did that?
Speaker 4: Let's just say our bosses have a good sense of human No, it redirects to it?
Speaker 3: It does?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been using this right now.
Speaker 2: No swistle seven ninety am dot com works?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Stop, that's actually a funny joke. Who did that?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: I just Shannon the dude? Probably, I'm laughing.
Speaker 6: You did it?
Speaker 2: You did that?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Yes? It does work?
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: That is so rude. Wow, all right, no swistle seven ninety am. I'd never heard that until right this second. All right, there you go the assumption shop phone line if I'm nine twenty eighty seven. Drew tweet that out so people can I just did confine the show if they if they need to, Ryan' here in downtown Louisville last I'm I'm going to start the show with the controversial opinion. And I've expressed this opinion before, but I feel it more strongly now than I that I think I ever have. Last night, I came to downtown Louisville. I was meeting some people for dinner, and I guess it was graduation night here in Louisville, right for some schools. All right, people everywhere, you know, as my mom would say, kind of amongst them, right, they're everywhere, and everybody is proud and they're happy, and I'm proud for them, and I'm happy. Right, Congratulations to all the people graduating from the high schools here in Louisville. I think they had it in the little convey center here next door, but it looked to me like there was also a like kids graduation, you know what I mean, like kindergarteners or fifth graders or whatever. These kids in their in their robes. And I am even more adamant than I've ever been that when we do graduations for children, that should be illegal. There should only be that you should be able to have high school graduation and college graduation. But graduations for kindergarten and fifth grade, to me, ryan are the stupidest things I've ever seen. And as I saw those kids, and you know, I'm not anti kid, I think they should exist, Drew, but as I saw those kids walking around in their in their robes, I thought, this is so dumb. First of all, the traffic's bad, and secondly, why do we do that for children? Eighth grade, still pushing it. But whatever. But when they have these little kid graduations, I think it's the stupidest thing.
Speaker 8: But you're not proud of their accomplishments.
Speaker 2: I mean the coursive, what they had to eat, chalk, that's what they do with. That's what kindergarteners. They don't accomplish anything. I think you should.
Speaker 8: They should be the superintendent of Jefferson County Public Schools.
Speaker 2: You just take well, I had a friend who was on the school board. I ain't doing that. I know what that's now, what that's like. But Drew, is that not the stupidest thing to have? Are you? For graduation for kindergarteners.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to say it gets under my skin like I'm feeling from you here, but it does seem a little over the top. It also diminishes all the other graduate when it's just every year you get to have a graduation. Make them work hard all the way until the very end and the one. Now, I'm not trying to get rid of children or I'm not going to be out yelling at cars or anything.
Speaker 2: Was yelling at some cars yesterday. People need to learn to park. And the over the top though Louisville, Shannon because of these one way streets. Like when if you don't understand downtown Louisville with these one way streets, you're gonna screw everything up. And I'm fine with it for high school because these kids, like this is a big moment in their life. For a lot of them, this might be the last time they have something like this. But for kindergarteners, to see those little kids, you know, waddling around in their stupid row.
Speaker 3: It's a big moment.
Speaker 4: Though they learned, they learned their letters. Do they still do the letter people? In kindergarten? That was a big, big thing.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: The letter people?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: Well, like each day you would have a different letter, and then each letter had its own song.
Speaker 3: It's on theme song. There was mister em with the munching mouth.
Speaker 4: There was you don't know the letter of people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what give me an example, like sing me one of the letters songs.
Speaker 4: I remember mister elm. It would go like mister m bump bump with the munching mouth. Bump bump, his mouth goes, munch, munch, munch, his mouth goes munch to midnight, midnight the morning mister m found down with the munch mouth.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'll tell you, I'll play still remember that.
Speaker 2: I still remember that. You're saying you learned that in kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you still still remember the song.
Speaker 2: So did they have one for every letter?
Speaker 4: Every letter had a different song, and each day you did a different you learn your letters in kindergarten?
Speaker 2: Shannon, First of all, that's much more impressive than those stupid kids I saw graduating yesterday. Are you going to play those? But you play those coming into the breaks? We're going to learn some of these letter songs. Yeah, had you ever heard this, Ryan, I'd never heard these songs.
Speaker 3: Special in Bullet County. I guess, come on you, I've.
Speaker 2: Never heard that's never heard time I've ever heard that in mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, this was a big thing in like the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 2: So there and there was twenty six or whatever of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, So you don't even know how many letters?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: They need to go back to kindergarten?
Speaker 2: Maybe? So was that wrong? Is it not twenty? It is? Okay? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't sound confident when you said, well, I wasn't confident there.
Speaker 2: Could be twenty seven, maybe even twenty.
Speaker 7: I want to take something's gonna make even more frustrated about this. Okay, not only do they have kindergarten graduations, they're now doing preschool grades.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. I mean, that's ridiculous. I mean of preschool is breathe right, like you don't even have to at the pee on yourself. Here's the thing that they do that won't even get you out of preschool. I don't think it's Drew. This is clearly for the parents, right, the parents want to make a big show of everything. I'm gonna even go so far as to say, I bet the kids don't like it. I bet the parents don't like it. When I was a kid, I didn't want to wear itchy clothes, and these kids, they make them dress up and then most importantly, they clog up the traffic in downtown Louisville. Andrew, I'm I'm I'm completely against it. High school, I think you should make the biggest scene of it possible. College make your scene, but in these elementary grades, absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Do you know the root of the problem. I have a three Facebook and Instagram. They want attention of their kids, right, pictures in their gown, Yes, have your party at home with family.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: That's how it was forever until we got social media. Everybody needs a reason to have more pictures to post and say, look at my kid, he didn't pee on himself in kindergarten and.
Speaker 2: He finished and on to face. Nothing worse attention, attention, attention attention. I agree, there's nothing worse than on Like when I go on Facebook now it's only people's kids, and it'll be like, can you believe he's eight? Yeah? Like hand, you know why you had him eight years ago?
Speaker 3: The other nobody cares. But no one cares and grandma.
Speaker 2: No one cares. That's exactly right. Just just text it to grandma. It's like that. One time, uh ksr TJ. Bisner who now works with Bill Belichick and Jordan Nutson, which kids, Yes, uh TJ Weisner, somebody was mouthing off to him on Twitter and the guy only had two followers, and TJ responded with the great line. I remember we were on one of our road trips and TJ just responded, you have two followers, just text them, And I thought that was a great line, same thing about pictures of eighth graders. Just just send them to Grandma because no one else Ryan really cares.
Speaker 7: No, Drew's right, it's all just the social media. Look at me, me, me, look at my kids.
Speaker 3: Look what their look.
Speaker 4: Would be The type of parent that would do that, though, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you tweet out?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know I was not around.
Speaker 2: When you had little kids, but I bet you put out every picture right look at look at Josiah, he's nine. Oh my, what can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Probably it is different when it's your kids.
Speaker 7: Like, I don't want to put stuff out about myself, but I want to put stuff out about my guy.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: And I say this respectfully to people's kids. I'm not even friends with their kids, so like you're making me. Look, I mean, nobody will say this, but Shannon, I know you'll agree with me. Yeah, you know, until the kid has a personality, what is there even to say to him?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think the kid has a personality at the age of six.
Speaker 2: But do you have friendships with your friend's kids. No, But I I mean I have knowledge him as they've gotten knowledge too. I started to as they've gotten older, right because now I feel like I can interact with him. But when they were like three or four, you just kind of look at him and go, hey, kid.
Speaker 8: I can only imagine how mad people are getting on the other.
Speaker 4: If you ever have a kid, this is going to be the greatest stretch of Grady.
Speaker 2: I have a kid, I am not going to I can guarantee you I will not post look how old my kid is. Can you believe he's six or whatever?
Speaker 3: But you'll be posting proud papa moments.
Speaker 7: Especially if it's a cute little girl. Matt's gonna be so proud of his little girl and a little when they graduate high school.
Speaker 2: You'll see him when they're born, Shannon, and when they graduate.
Speaker 3: High Okay, so it'll be eighteen years of nothing.
Speaker 2: And if with it the great I'm on, I may not even be alive when they graduate high school.
Speaker 3: That's right, Mick Jagger's still doing it. You can do it too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, They at least should learn how to get through the traffic, because it was it was a circus in here in this town. And you know they run, they make them back to back, so people are leaving and getting there. And you know the city of Louisville with the one way streets, it just freaks people out. They were turning the wrong way. It was a circus down here last night.
Speaker 7: It's two weeks from the day and Lexington just a heads up warning it don't don't come to down.
Speaker 2: Lesington only has so many roads you can go on. You know, Louisville, Shannon's got tons of one way streets and sometimes it's two one ways in the same direction, back to back, right, they don't alternate. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay attention.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: Very easy to go down the wrong way.
Speaker 2: You're exactly. It is very easy in Louisville to go down the wrong way, and a lot of people were doing it, for kindergarteners in their in their robes. You want to you want to know what how much of a change of turning of the page I have for this new like not interrupting week.
Speaker 9: Let's start with Bob and Jamestown right now, Yes, first segment. Never take the first segment. Bob, Oh my gosh, go far all Matt.
Speaker 6: My mother was so proud when I leved the band in Missus Bailey's uh kindergarten crash at Anchorage Public School. I mean this cap and gown, full dress, she was so still got a picture of it nineteen fifty nine, letting him.
Speaker 3: Go, there's no way they had kindergarten back then.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that, Bob. They didn't have garden graduations in nineteen fifty nine. That didn't happen.
Speaker 6: Anchorage Public School. I mean it was one of the best schools in the state.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of the best kindergartens in the state. They have They had kindergarten rankings in nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 6: They still have their original nineteen eleven buildings there.
Speaker 2: Well that I think the date their facility.
Speaker 6: Who who Fine, that's great.
Speaker 2: Who ranked kindergartens in nineteen fifty nine, Bob? Was that? US News and World Report?
Speaker 6: State Board of Education?
Speaker 2: What did they rank them based?
Speaker 6: Border of education?
Speaker 2: What did they rank them based? Though? Wow?
Speaker 6: All kind of scholastic averages to the classroom of the subjects attendeence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just showing up. That's why you don't have it. Well, Bob, that's the shortest I've ever made you wait, So happy birthday. Okay, that was back in March.
Speaker 6: Anyway, have a good day, Mabe.
Speaker 2: There you go. If I'm nine to eight twenty eighty seven, I'm so proud of you right now though surprise, and that was why you were very surprised. I did that right there. We will take a break. It's ask anything Thursday. I can't wait to see the text machine with all the bombs. This is kaz.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh wow, I never I've never heard this in my mind either, never heard. I had no idea that was the thing.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a lot of people on the uh the Twitter machine that that have heard it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: That's amazing good, Like you know, I like this show because it teaches me stuff. We learned about Joe Creesan's book, which now sits on my uh coffee table in it's a great that's a great book because it has like Ryan, each story is like a page, so you can like just kind of come to it, leave, come to it and leave that kind of thing. And now I want to read about this song. Yes, yeah, it's actually a great book for you, right. It's in those little short bursts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I need you have a little little recap on each county is like somebody else did not too long ago.
Speaker 3: I loved that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Alan Cutler's book, if it wasn't just about Alan Cutler, like his.
Speaker 3: Was cut to the chase.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was cut to the Cutlor not surprisingly drew some people not agree with me. Oh yeah. On the comments, I wondered if W. L a. P. Pulled the plug knowing that it was come. I mean, I'm just saying. One person writes, Matt, I don't really believe you should talk about kids. You don't have them, so you don't understand. When I hear people say this, My answer is this, do you feel that way about other things? Right? If you do, then I'm fair. But do you think you know what? I can't talk about politics because I've never done it. I can't talk about medicine because I've never done it. If you feel that way, then fair. But people, but Ryan, we always say I always say this. People act like kids are something it's impossible to comprehend unless you have, But then they have an opinion on everything else. Why can't Why is that different?
Speaker 3: It's something about the just being proud of them, or something about.
Speaker 2: You see proud of them. But Shanon, they can be proud of them, just with themselves. Why do they have to show it to you?
Speaker 4: And if we're only talking about things we know, I mean we never played NFL or any Yeah, we all have opinions on that.
Speaker 2: The only thing I could literally talk about is law and radio. Yeah, that's it. That would be all you'd be able to talk about. One person writes Matt, I have a kid. I went to a kindergarten graduation last year. You're completely right. The whole time, I sit there thinking about what you were saying and say, Matt would hate this, and then I decided I hated it too. There you go, Drew, we're having an impact on society people. Maybe just they need to hear this. Yes, you know what.
Speaker 8: The kids getting tired of graduations like, oh I did it again, Will let me put on my gown again? No, the big one is what you want them to look forward to way down the line.
Speaker 2: Every kid I saw downtown last night looked miserable. The high school kids looked happy, they had flowers. I was happy for them. The little kids looked miserable. Shannon, there's a person outside my door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're telling you that there's a level bats game about to start and you're in their studio.
Speaker 2: Please them.
Speaker 3: Oh they want to leave this.
Speaker 2: They want me to leave this studio for a Louisville Bats game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and go where.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Go out on the streets at four Street and just calling on you.
Speaker 2: The lot Bats game starts at eleven, I guess. And they want me to leave so they can broadcast the louis But.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you're gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not doing that. This is a stand though.
Speaker 3: Lock the door.
Speaker 2: I'm not leaving.
Speaker 8: Put a chair up under the door, handle them in.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna go lock hang on.
Speaker 3: Just he's gonna lie. I don't know there's been a guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, hang on. I'm gonna put a chair up against the door so they can't push it.
Speaker 3: That'll stop them. Yeah, the chairs while.
Speaker 8: He's locking the door. This this is a heck of a start to a show. I feel like we're in a second hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry about that. Seven? All right, before I get the phone. Andy Basher has a podcast. Does anyone listen to it? You?
Speaker 8: I mentioned that last time. I haven't like sat down and said, oh I want to listen to Andy for an hour. But I've seen a lot of the clips.
Speaker 2: Listen to any of it. I like Andy, I can't really imagine listening to a podcast of him hosting. I actually think he is a guest. Is it bad? But it may be good. I haven't listened to it. But his guest that came out this morning, Ryan, is John cal Perry really Yes? Good decision. Bad decision for the governor of Kentucky to have Callen. I don't think by the way he's had Pope Kelsey stoops uh brohm, I don't think he's had any of them on. Good decision to have John cal Perry on.
Speaker 7: I think you would want to have him on, but not before the guys you just mentioned. I think you want to get your Kentucky coaches on first, wouldn't you, and then maybe bring Cal on months later.
Speaker 2: I'm a little surprised. I have to say, Drew, that you go with cal you know, if but Sheer was like a hard hitting interviewer. I actually wouldn't mind hearing it to see somebody ask Cal some questions from the Kentucky perspective. But I don't think that's what Bashir is gonna be. But I was a little surprised. I would think this is episode six. I would have thought by now he would try to get Pope now Pope and Kelsey and then might want to stay away because of the you know, political aspect. I don't know, but interesting to me that Cal Perry. I that's almost like, I don't know, it's an odd thing for the governor of Kentucky to do, don't you think.
Speaker 8: I was quite surprised to see that name pop up. But I'm also look at cal dooin media in Kentucky. What's his first interview since twenty twenty twenty twenty one. At least somebody was able to book him in this true Now I'm looking at the other guests. Yeah, I'm just reading off the titles. Episode one. It says Andy his son and the CEO of Morgan and Morgan episode So what was not the CEO of Morgan and Morgan?
Speaker 2: That's what it says. I was the episode? Alright? And he needs to go?
Speaker 8: Podcast dot Com Allsode two Nicole Levant on lost leadership in Legacy, Shannon needs to check out episode three with Senator Amy kolbyshark okay UH Senator Chris Coons to federal Firings in episode four.
Speaker 2: He's a smart guy, all right?
Speaker 8: Soy in episode five was a Kentucky Derby special. So uh, you can kind of get the timeline of what she is going for here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say a little bit starting with a lawyer and then ending with getting up to cal I mean it would be hypocritical of me, Shannon, because I would have cal On in a heartbeature. But yeah, I don't know. Let's go to h Kelly. Go ahead, Kelly, you got about a minute.
Speaker 10: Oh, I get a whole minute. I I know, I don't worry. I wont But Shannon, I remember the other of people. Uh, And I immediately started singing the things on I'm not gonna embarrass myself and do it on the radio. But my ask Anything Thursday question. Last night at the KASR Bowling League, we were kind of reminiscing on like hashtags from the past. We were talking specifically about the ask him uh hashtag that kind of went viral and got trending. What are ur All's favorite like hashtags or topics or things that went viral?
Speaker 2: We took the war, we took the one guy?
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 2: Drew Slade, Brian t Slade. That was my favorite, and that went like number one in the country. And it was a dude who just called and like kind of was arrogant. Brian T Slade, I remember that. Now, that's my favorite.
Speaker 8: You got one, Drew uh we got Drew Franklin day and Matt Jones book to number one in the country.
Speaker 2: We did ye. T J. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 3: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio present them by Here's not Jones.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Ster and with the noisy nose, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Turn turned up to a second. Wow, Shannon, you have a whole world of songs I did not know existed thanks to you.
Speaker 3: You can start at A and go all the way through the alphabet and listen.
Speaker 2: I gotta drive. I gotta right back to Lexington tonight. Maybe that's what I'll love.
Speaker 3: Just picturing you're driving back listening the nose.
Speaker 7: He knows.
Speaker 3: Can new theme song for your podcast.
Speaker 2: You know, I was trying to figure out what the theme song would be. There you go, there we go. By the way. Some people are making the point, Ryan, this makes some sense, you know, but Sheer's wanting to run for president. Cal's a pretty big name. Maybe that's why that's fair. I mean, Cal is probably a bigger name than Poper Kelsey if you're trying to get a national stage, So that makes sense.
Speaker 7: I guess yeah, I totally understand him want Cal on there. It just seems a little odd that the timing. You don't have the Kentucky guys on first, and then you bring Cal on for a big splash.
Speaker 2: Yeah do you what do you think you know that he's on? I mean, truely, you Bashir is gonna run for president? That's gonna be weird, isn't it? Like he's like he's gonna run. It's that is gonna happen. That everybody's reporting like he's one of the first people getting in. I mean, the election's three plus years away, so it's a little early, but I think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's gotten. Even if you're not paying that close attention someone like me, you can just tell by stuff popping up on social media. The Cal thing included. I agree that he's trying to get a big name. Uh, Basher's doing a lot of stuff he wasn't doing in his first few years. Putting his stuff out there a lot more than he ever has.
Speaker 2: Would you vote for him? Shannon? Do you uh?
Speaker 3: Do you care about the Shear's podcast?
Speaker 2: No, not the podcast, But would you vote for him? Like it's like if you were voting in the Democratic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I would.
Speaker 2: Would you be more likely to vote for him because he's from here.
Speaker 4: And because I know more about him? I probably wouldn't know or something like yeah, yeah for sure. Yeah, I don't you know. I'm still mad at her. She maybe miss the Royal.
Speaker 8: I vote for him just because that selfie he took with Ryan and Ryan put his head on his chest at the PGA last year.
Speaker 2: That was weird. That was weird. That was very weird. Now that people are saying the graduations are not till May twenty third, so who was downtown last night?
Speaker 7: Maybe it was just the little guys. His preschool graduations, kindergarten graduations I think are happening now.
Speaker 2: Even dumber? What person writes Matt, do you follow as a lawyer famous trials like the Karen Reid and did Eat trials?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I know who Karen Rea. I've heard her name, yeah, and I know what did she allegedly kill her husband. Is that what it is that or killed? Who did she kill or allegenid?
Speaker 7: Yeah, her husband left him out in the cold to die allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know any details. I think the first trial happened when I was in Europe last summer, so I didn't really follow it at all. But no, And I've seen that the Diddy trial is going, but I haven't really followed that either. It makes me kind of mad when I see trials because of I know people in the news don't know anything about it, and so I think Drew. I just don't follow it because I don't feel like they know what they're talking about. So I don't really watch them, do you.
Speaker 8: Uh No, I'm not someone that does the all day court TV thing, but once Keith Morrison packages it up into an hour special on Dateline, yes, Like, so I know Karen Reid from what date Lines told me, but I don't get into the lives you.
Speaker 2: All do know Karen Reid, So what is it? She supposedly killed her husband, and but there's a lot of people it seems like they don't think she did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they think it was a cover up by the Boston Police Department. She she ran over her husband and left him out in the cold, was like blow zero degrees to die. But then they're saying that the Boston Police Department are covering it up, and that they.
Speaker 2: Why why would they cover it? Why would they care? I don't know if they were involved. He was a police officer. Oh yeah, okay, well that's an important point. He was a police officer. Okay.
Speaker 8: It was like a late at night people have been drinking. The alleged that she hit him with the car, leaving in the snow or something like that. Right, clearly, I don't know what that will.
Speaker 2: But that's the uh. And this is the second trial, yes, okay, because if what happened to the first.
Speaker 3: One, I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I don't know, so you don't really follow the story very well.
Speaker 3: I think it was they were deadlock six six, yes.
Speaker 2: Ok yeah, all right, ask anything Thursday, a different Bob. Bob, go ahead, this is the real Bob. Oh hey, Bob, how are you?
Speaker 5: I liked? I like to remember Harvey. He was the is on top of his games, and y'all wouldn't ask him hard question? And what was the hard talked about? This is all of Rosemary, how I would cure everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was Yeah, that was Harvey. You're right, the the guy from Burnside or whatever. Yes, he was.
Speaker 5: Entertaining and but he whatd all all Rosemary on the Yeah, bully budges and worked good on the book. What did he do on the audi? And there's one other things I like.
Speaker 2: The older you get, you get a little spicier. Have you noticed that Shennon about him?
Speaker 5: The older he gets, like comment, the risk is not as great.
Speaker 2: To get out.
Speaker 5: The one other thing I like, back back in the Great, the Great programs you had the one in Wadie, I'd love to see your rye up. There was a Conway twitty hairdo. That's I read girls, can't.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the God. We didn't ever go though. We were supposed to go to Wattie to see the werewolf. That's one of the ones that people say is a KSR thing Ryan that never ended up happening because we never went.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have my tent, I had my backpack. I was ready to go camping overnight out there. Then they ended up catching the dog that they think was doing all the damage.
Speaker 2: That was a continuing story for people who haven't been listening for a long time. They thought there was people in Wattie thought there was a werewolf and it turned out just to be a dog. But that was that was a good multiple week story, Jacob, go ahead, Jacob, Hey.
Speaker 11: Matt, So, I was just curious you could kind of elaborate on what happened with the Mark Soups and Texas A and M. I think, of course the reports come out A and M saying the donors said no, I was remember you saying that that was definitely what happened. But I was just told me you would like, well I don't.
Speaker 8: I mean, I.
Speaker 2: You know, So there was a night so we beat Louisville during the day that day, I think we beat him at noon, and I I am fairly confident he had been talking to A and M before that game. Then when he won, I think things changed a little bit. There was more would you agree with that, Ryan, There was more excitement there for if us did you? But what all right, Well we're still here, right, you turn them down, So turn them down, We'll keep going. So, you know, we we we beat Louisville and then I think he was ready to accept the job. But he then wanted to. He told his staff for the first time basically to see who would be going with him if he went, and essentially all or most of his staff it looked like was not going to go. And I think that then gave him some second thoughts. And while he had those second thoughts and was trying to decide whether or not to take it, then they had the whole controversy where a lot of his donors at A and M, they were starting to revolt, and I think the thing just fell apart. Now it's clear from Stoops's side it was a he pulled away. A and M tries to say they pulled away, but I actually think, sir, it was really a Stoops assumed the whole gang would go with him, and the whole gang wasn't going to go with him. Remember that was still Liam Cohen back then, So I think that is what made it all fall apart. But who was the first person to say no? I am not one hundred percent sure, to be honest, but I think they both kind of mutually fell out of love with each other when things didn't work out as they thought they might. Forgetpreciate it. I'm of the belief that if we lost to Louisville in that game in Louisville two years ago, Mark might have it would have ended up the coach there, but we didn't Mark. Then things just kind of changed. And I was around a lot that evening while it was happening, and it was a really bizarre thing to kind of be a part of. It's a great sort of six hours of UK history, kind of like the six hours when Gillespie left and they couldn't find him and all that. If I'm nine two eight oh, twenty two eighty seven, cornbreadhip dot com, these cornbreadshin and these cornbread seltzer seltzers are absolutely taken over.
Speaker 3: Have one last night.
Speaker 2: The blueberry people like they're everywhere, and you know you've heard about them at this point, but now you can get them the salted watermelon, the blueberry Breeze, peach iced tea. It's not just making drinks. They're doing work. They're using some of the proceeds to sponsor Goodwill Kentucky for clinics here in West Louisville. It is all there cornbreadhimp dot com or find them at beverage retailers in Kentucky. If you can, they sell out quickly cornbreadhimp dot com, Feel good, do good, and drink corn bread. We will see if we can get Ryan and Drew back. Either way, we will take a break and be right back. KSR welcome back, tell you sports Radio. I'm gonna apologize for the technical problems. Nothing we can do about it, but it's been I think a difficulty, especially for people listening in Lexington. What is the Louisville side Againe in.
Speaker 3: Those whistles seven ninety am dot com.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can try that. One's been more consistent, but I admit it frustrates me to know end that this cannot consistently work doesn't happen. Well, I'll just hush about it, but it does drive me crazy. If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, Uh, it is the UH Clark's puppet shop phone line Avisonato glass text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four what person rights? Matt? I hear through the grapevine that you've become friendly with the UH administration at U of L. Is that true? Say it ain't so? Well. I wouldn't say friendly, but I will I will say this and this is something that I genuinely think the University of Kentucky has to change in the coming years. And it has nothing to do with me. It's just in general. U of L is well. I'll just use a personal example. If I wanted to Drew, I could call Pat Kelsey, Jeff Brohm, the AD and people high up in the administration. I have their phone numbers. Now I have no reason to call them. Most but all of those people that I just mentioned have at some point reached out to me and said, Hey, love to meet you sometime. I have no way of contacting directly Mitch Barnhart, Mark Pope, pretty much anyone except Mark Stoopes. And it's because UK has a personal Like UK, they don't reach out to media. They just don't. The people that work in the media relations department are very nice people, but they don't proact. They see media like as the enemy. And they also and JMI sees them as a competitor. So whereas U of L they're better at it. They just are. So you wonder sometimes why does Pat Kelsey and Jeff Brown get such a good press nationally. That's a big part of the reason why. And I don't know what you think Ryan Drew, but I think it's an absurd situation where it is much It would be much easier for me to get Pat Kelcey on this show than it has been to get Mark Pope. We are having him next week and I'm glad, But to me, that's ridiculous. But that's kind of how it is now.
Speaker 8: Now, this is a free tool for them to use. This is on statewide right now. Well maybe not right now because of her difficulties, but I mean, we would love to have anyone any time from over there, and it's very rare that we have a guest or any kind of real conversation with anyone on that side. It's ridiculous part of it, as I do think the three letter brand Jesus as an enemy JMI. But also when they have something to promote, why wouldn't you hop on this? This is absolutely free to just whatever you're trying to sell, whatever it is. Why message you want?
Speaker 2: Top's first interview with John Rothstein's Twitter account, Shannon, That's a good question. I'm being serious, Like, I don't I don't understand. They have offered me to have Pat Kelcey on all the time, and I have said to them, I'm not gonna do it till I have Pope on. But Pope is like scheduling an interview with the Pope.
Speaker 3: And when do we ever have a chance to have a UFL coach on this show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just there's a part of me that says, I hope UK realizes we're entering into a different era where this stuff is gonna matter a lot more. Fans have so much access to everything, and you're asking them for more money, and you're asking them for more attention and Ryan, you're asking them to donate and you're asking them to pay for more when they're getting less. And UK sees themselves as a product that doesn't really need it can sell itself. And I think they're gonna see this year with football that that's not true. And had Col stayed, I think they would have seen it with basketball too, right.
Speaker 7: I think you guys hit it. I think it's the folks in the UK sports Information. I think they're in a bad position because of the pushback they get from JMI. I think that I think a lot of it stems from that they are so scared and afraid of what JM I I could do or pull away from them or whatever that they got to like walk a thin line with the rest of the media around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not calling any of these people saying it because I don't need to talk. I want to talk to any of them, Honestly, I just want to sit at home. But it is a dumb world where I can pull up my phone book and have all of the UFL coaches in and I have to go through like nine layers of security to get to the Kentucky WANs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think that, like Drew said, they would want to be on this ship.
Speaker 2: I think you would think it.
Speaker 3: But that's talked to the entire state.
Speaker 8: There's been times even recently when you're out whe Ron and I wanted to do something just outside the baseball stadium to promote oping, like we'll be in the parking lot. We're trying to put attention on opening days.
Speaker 2: They won't do it. Yeah, nope, get out of here, won't They won't do it. I mean, Mark Pope's coming on. I can't do it live. They're making me come in and tape it because I can't be in the building when it's live. How ridiculous is that?
Speaker 3: One of the coaches can't come to join us at kas Bar.
Speaker 2: He can't come to ks Bar because we are a competitor allegedly with Malones Shannon. Stop it, you know, I mean, stop it. It's so ridiculous and they're only hurting themselves, which they're gonna see, I think when the football season starts. David, go ahead, David.
Speaker 12: Hey, Matt, good morning to you. You had brought up earlier this week about I guess the client of John Calperry. He's a recruiting over the years with Boogie Flann not being a first round draft pick, and it just got me thinking about that time, a period of time when from two thousand and nine to twenty fifteen, cal Perry could just get anybody he wanted, where there's the number one guy and number two guy, and then from twenty fifteen onwards, it seemed that like a dude was pretty much getting anybody they wanted, and cal Perry was losing out on the guys he used to get. I think you had told said back in the day that it was a result of like I think Lebron and Nike's camp had like a friction with John Calperry. Be wrong. I said that do you think you'd kind of elaborate on that.
Speaker 2: No, that happened when did coach K Drew become the Olympic coach? Was that twenty sixteen? Was that when he became there?
Speaker 8: He was the coach in twenty twelve too, because I think Anthony Davis was on You're.
Speaker 2: Right about that case too. I think what happened, I don't know friction like they were fighting, but Lebron maybe through the Olympic process or whatever, I think they developed an affinity for the For coach K. I think worldwide West and Leon Rose kind of became either neutral or they weren't as cal centric, and it started to show itself. You know, he still got top recruits through twenty fifteen, even into twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, but then all of a sudden, I think when Duke started going full in on one and done, I think Lebron and them kind of Drew wouldn't use that, Like if they asked their opinion, I think they said, Duke, would you agree with that? Yeah?
Speaker 8: And they'd got to stretch where Lebron was bragging on coach K seemingly all the time, and as you know, in the moment we had wasn't too far removed from Lebron being the white Repperina, and I remember thinking, like, what are we doing Lebron get back over on this side.
Speaker 2: And the Olympics had to have been a big part of it. So I don't think there was like a huge falling out. I just think the most favored nation status went to Duke, and since the guys back then they were recruiting were a small amount of people, these one and done kids, some of them just started shifting their minds in the other direction. Now we still ended up with Dearon Fox and Maliite Monk and some guys that were Jamal Murray that were very highly touted, but I do think it slipped, and then when you get to the Zion years, a lot of those dudes ended up going to Duke.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, thanks Matt.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call, and I do think that was a big thing ryan for col he started losing his first choice in guys, which I do think hurd especially as we get into post COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you guys know they're for a long time. If Cal wanted a.
Speaker 2: Guy, he got that guy. I'd say in his first six years, Cal may be lost on one or two guys. That number grew as the years. As the years went on, A five nine two twenty two eighty seven, I'm gonna go fight the Louisville Bats person out here, Shannon. We'll see if we're on for hour number two. This is KSR