Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is Monday, March thirty. First, the NFL's annual owners meetings are this week, and earlier this morning, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh. He bet with the media for about thirty minutes at the league meetings, and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on the new contract. Thank you, Jamison, appreciate it now. I mean, what is it for you?
Speaker 3: What does it mean, you know, having again a new contract for me being around here for you twenty twenty eight or wherever.
Speaker 2: It is, It means God is amazing and uh and the Ravens organization is amazing. I was talking to talking to actually my agent. We kind of he said something to me. It really was just really Italian thing. He said, you're five for five and you're in your head coaching career. Definitely. I kind of looked at him, like, you guys are all looking at me right now. Yeah, he said, you're five for five. He said, you've had the two best team presidents in the NFL, You've had the two best general managers in the NFL, and you've got the best owner National Football League. Five or five so that's that's the blessing, and uh, that's why we've probably why we're at, That's why we're at where we're at right now with that. So I'm very grateful for that now.
Speaker 3: You know, when you when you get you know, the new deal and you know you're about to have you ever thought about how much.
Speaker 2: Longer you want to be? I mean it's eighteen years. Yeah, I just I'm happy to be alive. I hope that continues for a while. People have a I say to my dad, you know, it's say you say happy birthday, or you're you're feeling older or whatever. It's like, hey, it's better than the alternative, you know, so let's keep let's keep rolling. And then really, what you think about, honestly, what you think about is is, uh, how are we going to get better today? You know, how can we get better? What do we need to do? Your players, coaches three like that? Really, I mean, and everybody thinks about it, but it's not really, it's not forefront of my mind. I just hope I make it there to make a decision. You know, at some point in time, I will still be breathing. And you never have had those conferencation to me.
Speaker 3: You know people are worst about.
Speaker 2: Well, my dad has the best advice. I think my brother shared this recently. He said, Hey, you coach until you just can't can't take it anymore, until it's just too much and you just you just there's no way you want to do it, you don't want to come to work anymore. When you get to that point, you coach for two more years and then you move on. So that's that's dad's advice. John. You haven't told you.
Speaker 3: Since some of the free agent activity, some of the losses.
Speaker 4: What do you like about where your roster.
Speaker 2: Is now at this point as you closer of the draft. Yeah, I mean I think, I think, I think the best way to describe it. I love the fact that we can line up and play right now. You know, I've heard I've heard it said before, and it's a good philosophy. You don't We don't play any games still September. So when you have issues or holes, if you want to call it that, you do have time to get better. But we we could play a game right now with our roster. We have a really good roster right now. I love our players, I love our depth, even not that we can't get better. So what our mission right now is to try to improve, is to try to take take to the next level. And the way the roster is set up, it gives us an opportunity to really to go after the best player we can get, you know, whatever the position might be, to improve our team and make the whole better. So looking forward to the draft, we still have some options in free agency. Keep improving, hot Oh yeah, d hot Man. I was in a parking lot in Tampa getting ready to go see my daughter play lacrosse game, and we got on the phone, you know, and I had a chance to talk to him about what his vision was for his future and what he wanted to accomplish, and amazingly enough and aligned perfectly with the Ravens vision. You know, it was right in line with what we're trying to do. And he's a guy that just have always felt like should be a raven That was always something I always kind of watched him play and when we're playing against him. Felt the same way about Derrick Henry, you know, and Lamar when we saw him in college state. But to see him now with us in our building working out already with the guys, it's uh, it's pretty cool. O line.
Speaker 1: You got to do a big to keep Ronnie Stanley. Just what's the view of the O line US word?
Speaker 2: Well, I I feel good about the on line right now today. I think, like I said, we got, we got, we got, we got. We could play with five starters. We have competition even there, but we can we can use a couple more guys too, you know. And uh, and we'll be looking at bolster the debt but also bolster the competition in the in the old line. But bringing Ronnie back was was a huge part of that. We couldn't say that if Ronnie wasn't coming back, if Ronnie had decided to go elsewhere, we would have had to have addressed that in a big way. And Uh, I expect Ronnie to even continue to ascend, you know, not just back to where he was pre injury, but past that now, you know. And just love his mindset, his maturity, his work ethic, his determination to be a legacy type player. You know, that's really what he wants to accomplish right now. And that's that's really important for our team. John, Your commitments and the run game has been renowned for many years with so many teams last year really precommitted, obviously yourself, somebody around the league. I'm wondering why you think that Pennhut swumps back to that position in the runt game. Way, Yeah, it has swung back. Probably probably people realize that, you know, that's football, And uh, I think I think I've heard it said, you know football or in the NFL is a passing league, which it is, and the rules are kind of skewed that way a little bit, and it's tough to defend the great quarterbacks, but uh, you know, two headed monster is better than one. And the ability to run the ball, I think just it just adds a layer that is fundamental to the game. It's a physical game. If you can run the ball, you can control the ball if you can if you can stop the run, you can put the offense in tougher passing situations.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So we've just always felt like it starts with stopping the run and running the ball.
Speaker 5: John obviously there's a big boat coming bar and so's pushed with the egos run the quarterbacks team without running quarterback like Lamard and to feel one way or the other on the.
Speaker 2: Play, Well, we don't do it with Lamar. Well, it's not something that we do. Uh yeah, I feel like, uh, I feel like it's a football player, you know. I mean, if if the if it's determined that it's it's a it's an injury risk play, which I think the doctors are concerned about right now, then that's something that we have to address if we if we don't, if we if we don't think it's an injury risk play, then it's just a play in football. So it's gonna be I'm looking forward to discussion. We really haven't decided our position on that yet. Kind of want to hear some more of the conversation.
Speaker 5: What about the old mom that moll carriers weren't able to get the pushed from behind?
Speaker 2: You didn't like going back to that can kind of meet some of the pressure round Well, yeah, I mean that's it's if you want to be consistent, just take take all those kind of pushing situations out of the game, right downfield or wherever they are. I mean, you know, we can't push the quarterback, maybe we shouldn't be able to push the guards either. You know, we can't push the defensive line on a field goal rush. Why are we pushing the guards? If you want to make that a rule, it might it might make sense to make a comprehensive but right now it's pretty narrowly written.
Speaker 4: So love to see what happens either running back ked Minchell, you know, last year and coming back from the injury, and that's a tough year, and it's about maybe his off season vis or what way.
Speaker 2: You think he may be for next year. Right Well, that's a great question. I do think Cliffy's on he's been on schedule, he's been on track. That was a really tough injury. So the fact that he got back when he did was to me almost like Marakis said, he was out there playing it all. I'm I'm I'm almost certain as much as you can be sure he's gonna be a whole other level coming back in the spring and then again into training camp because he's going to be, you know, a year and a half out of that deal, so this will be his second year. Most injuries at your second year this one. I think that's especially true about count How do you say about the States back?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Say the second party right now? Yeah, I feel great about the linebacker position. I think we do need some guys. I mean, you know, it's uh, it's we lost a bunch of guys. Uh, so we we've got to place those guys. I think we've got some good young guys coming up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: William Quemco and nobody knows about him, but he played two games last year. I'm kind of excited him as a as a special teams guy and growing developing linebacker. But Trent and Simpson expect him to be the starting uh early down. Will you know, we do a lot on passing downs with dime and different kind of personnel groups in the field. He can he can continue to grow into that. But I think he's gonna take a big step this year. I remember Pat Queen took a big step his third year as well, so that would be probably our expectation. He's working hard, man, He's already in the building every single day. He's watching film on his own. He's in a phenomenal shape. He could probably I'm sure he could play a game right now. So he's he's he's uh, he's he cares, you know, and that's that's where it starts.
Speaker 1: He had scary more pentimes.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, Brandon, look what he accomplished. You know, he didn't play defensive back until like his junior and senior year in college. Came in kind of like raw in that sense, and became one of the better corners in the league last two years. And for him to get that kind of a contract and a deal, I got to know his family really well. His mom went through a situation with his brother, as you remember. For this to happen for him is a blessing, and so we're happy for him leaves us, you know, needing a corner, but we got cheetoh, you know, and that was a huge signing for us. So and he's he's been he's been one of the highest ranked corners when he's been healthy. So our goals to get him back out there, get him, get him healthy, really work with all the soft tissue stuff, and try to do the best we can to bring him back to where he at a high level of play. So he should help us. And we've got TJ Tampa in the mix. I think TJ is going to take a big step. Health is big for him too. And then Jalen armor Davis is another guy with the health. So Jalen's always been talented and he's always played well when he's been out there. So those are all guys in the conversation. And then our Darius. You know, the Darros can can drop down into the Nickel spot. So we've gotten answers. We could definitely add a guy in the draft too. So you like him an inside outside. I love Marlin anywhere, you know, I like him on the field, but I do like him inside. I mean, he's he's a he's a he's a game changer in there. Nobody plays like Marlin. There's no Nickel who plays the way Marlin plays in the slot. He can play outside with the best of them, but I don't think there's anybody like Marlin in the slot.
Speaker 6: He's the building a pass rush and we will just Smith for that, right, Chuck Smith is Yeah, it's a unique, unique guy, right, he's the pass rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we call him the guru. Uh he he would probably blush if he heard me say that, but he is h He's passionate about pass rush and he brings that to the table with our guys. Even just figured if you have a skill that's really important, then it needs to be trained in taught every single day, and he does that and he does the other things to him, he coaches a position in the assignments, he coaches the position, but he but he focuses on all the guys, the defensive lineman, the edge rushers, the defensive backs, the linebackers on their pass rush technique. So he does a great job. I'm really proud of Chuck. Guys on Chuck chuck' donald. How you see cout back? Two things? What's what's his role? I know it's a flower for the backs all the times, sticking there, but how do you kind of see that playing uh playing out? Yeah, I think we got a good mix back there. You know, of course Zach is the coordinator, is involved with every part of it, and then Chuck and then Don Donald and uh, those three, those three guys will be focusing on the back end. But you know, Chuck brings that experience. And then Donald's a young guy. You know, he's just he's been in the league three years and now he's really proven himself as a as one of the up and coming coaches, I think in this league. So it was just a good chemistry between these two guys. I felt like, uh, Chuck bringing the experience and the style you guys know Chuck, and he's he's just he's got a great way with those guys. He's he's unique. He's been been there and done all that. You know, he's seen about everything you can see in football, and so I think that experience is gonna be really good for us. I think they're gonna like his style. I think Donald's like cutting edge right now. They've been what they've done in Kansas City with Steve Spagnolo. You know that's we have ties to Steve, as you know, our systems are very similar. And for Donald to take a step with more responsibility with us, he's good too. So I'm very fired up about that situation. Guy, we weren't talk talk about. Want to get on that phone call and you're just kind of kind of together, Yeah, you think about it, And I'm just kind of like, hey, you know, I know this great secondary coach. You know, I wonder if he'd be interested in, uh in coming back, and uh, I didn't know. I didn't. I didn't. I didn't know because he's pretty happy out there, he's got the grand babies. But uh, his first, his first, his first I think his answer was, you know, when do I when do we start, you know, let's get back to it. So let's chuck, come you and air with that.
Speaker 3: You would, look, you're starting to look at kickers as possibility when you're going to get.
Speaker 2: To this draft, you expect to draft the kickers going to fit this draft. That's a great question.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of good kickers in the draft. From when I'm told Randy Brown is out there, he's been putting up the frequent flyer miles all over the all over the country. The last Eddie Edi texts me, like, I get it's like Sanna tracking Santa, you know on Christmas Eve. You know, it's tracking Randy on the on the on the evaluation of kickers right now. But he's, uh, he's doing a great job with that. So he'll have his list. We'll look at those guys next week when we get back and and it definitely, you know, it's obviously there's a lot of a lot of layers to that whole conversation, but we we it's something we would have to do no matter what. You know, it's at this point in time, you gotta look, you always gotta be, you always gotta you got to do your due diligence, so we'll be prepared to do that, uh uh draft ed if we feel like we need to and if the right guys there.
Speaker 3: So the way the few friends came together, we would end the last year and you've been how much did you them make me feel like? Hey, that could be kind of just thought and going.
Speaker 5: H.
Speaker 2: That's how exactly how it made me feel, Cliff like, that's where we begin. I was, I was. I was surprised that we had this just I was surprised in the midst of it that we were struggling the way we were, because you know, I just felt like those weren't you didn't you didn't see some of those problems cropping up the way. You couldn't anticipate those coverage problems could crop up the way they did. But looking back on it, not so surprised, you know, just kind of what we went through, h what we were dealing with quarterbacks, that we played, all those kinds of things. But the fact that we were able to get it turned around collaboratively, We got together, we worked on it and got it fixed and in a real big way. I was really proud of that.
Speaker 1: Literarier about the versatility in the secondary.
Speaker 2: How big is it to have another stafety to allow some of it, like.
Speaker 1: Hamilton move around in our areas to move around. How big it is a piece of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think another safety in the mix playing would would definitely do that, you know, And I think we have two young guys from last year. He did a good job on special teams. Expect those guys in that conversation or anybody that we might add in the draft or free agency. Still but uh, we like we do. We like the uh, the moving parts. We like that that would help us. John here's still signing plays the biggest safety deal ding What do I was it? That's a good question. I wish I had that answer. It's probably a lot a lot to that, you know, that's it's hard to understand. But by no means do I think that that he's not going to play really good football going forward. I've even said that before. I thought it would happen even last year at one point. So he's a talented guy, he's a very conscientious person. I was really just impressed in the way handled. I thought he handled like a pro and like the good person that he is. He was a good teammate and he'll do really well going forward. I'm sure somewhere. It's a lot of tough to all season Mark Andrews status. Do you fully expect him to be and even heavy?
Speaker 5: You kind of talked to him throughout the offseason given how his season ended last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been in contact, you know, back and forth. I mean, you know, it's not like guys. It's not guys want here for me every day, you know, any of them saying coach, you call me again, you know. But h Mark's in a good place. He's working really hard. I fully do I do fully expect him to be playing for US next year. He's just too good a player, you know. I mean, obviously with any player, there's always that any player. I just coaches players. It's it's national football, and that's part of the deal with things happening. So you never I never could say anybody, but Mark would be one of the few guys I would expect not to be here. So we'll see what happens, but I fully expect. My plans are that we've got Mark, we got Isaiah, we got Charlie, we've got Patrick Card all in place doing all those jobs.
Speaker 5: Just really picking about to push. I know there's been a lot of talk about it.
Speaker 2: I know you guys are used to with market that's something Yeah, well we uh, like we said here a minute ago, it just has it has to do with safety, So doctors have some concerns. I think we just want to hear more about how the doctors feel about it in terms of there's not a lot of those plays so far, so if there's a if there's if there's potential for a wrong kind of injury, then you know then that we'll have to think about that. If they feel like it's safe for or it can be made safe for whatever, the fine. But if it's safe, it's a football player, so we have no problem with it. If there's a if there's a problem with it's safety wise, and we we need to consider what they're talking about. That's how that's where we're at withally, you think that the general SENTI I mean no safety. If your raise then people will really lucky. I don't know, that's a great question. I haven't really pulled. I haven't done a poll on it. But uh, if they have it still in the game, we'll still be doing it with Mark. And if they take it out of the game, then we won't. And that's pretty much where we're at where the football wise question out.
Speaker 1: Something and Candy girls flag football right and the Ravens that game there.
Speaker 5: And just what are your thoughts on the importance.
Speaker 1: Of that initiated, especially given them LFKA an opportunity in the newports right now.
Speaker 2: A hugely important, big fan of the flag football initiative men and women. And uh, probably because I have a daughter and a wife who both tell me that they just disappointed they didn't get a chance to play. You know. Uh, I think Allison would have been a heck of a lefty quarterback, and Ingrid would have been a heck of a quarterback or a wide receiver or wing back or something. She's a pitbull. She might have been a corner out there, you know, playing man covered. So uh, that's the that's the sentiment I hear from a lot of from both of them, and from there, you know, Allison's friends, it's like, man, I wish i'd have had that when I was coming up. I would have loved to have played. So yeah, that's just a great opportunity. It's a great game. Flag football is fun, man, and we all did you play it in gym class, coming up right, you know, you spin away and get to take the flag away. I just I think it's awesome. What do you though?
Speaker 5: It's now about the possibility of the Olympics and then holding it maybe in July and having NFL players.
Speaker 4: Would that would be a favorite losing some guys in training camp in the Olympic flag football.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't hear about that. I know, I'm afraid I got a quarterback that'd probably be pretty good at it. I'm not a big no, I'm not that excited about that. I mean I do. I'm a big of Marry. I believe in America. I don't want medals, but there's a limit, that's right, We're not supposed to have put it. You guys talked to Lamar at all.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a lot being made about his contract and again, you know, which is fine this year, but it does get up next to it is there have been any effort of the organization to try to.
Speaker 2: You know, keep deal with this contract or maybe extended. Right, there's been conversations about that internally. I know how far along that is or whatever. I don't know, but I definitely think it's an obvious point that you're making. H That's that's that's gonna continue to have to be addressed really with all those guys. I mean, you know, you just got to kind of manage that dance, the salary cap dance. And uh, Lamar is the main part of that because he's he's he's the he's the franchise player. So that's possibility I think, you know, sooner or later definitely is gonna have to happen. Is it hard to put a value? And one more? Yeah, I mean the value is about is the top you know. I mean when Lamar, when the mar gets paid, he's gonna be the highest paid player in football. You know, he's just like he was last time. I think he's contracting signs probably until he decides to hang up his cleats. He's gonna be that guy. I am looking forward to it. You know that that that facial expression that that isn't that clip. I've seen that look before. He's looked at me that way a couple of times. It's a tough look right there, you know, so uh yeah, he's got the face of an actor.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I just let's we don't we just don't need to get too excited about the acting too early. Let's let's finish the football first. But I know he feels that way. So you know, we're all the people try to get better every year. You know, one gets a year other than we've got his doe shooting ourselves in. Sorry, we've gone out of our own play. It's gonna have to pace.
Speaker 5: We don't hear that.
Speaker 2: It what they'll step back from it. What do you think you guys sort of about hoping to simpleness. You know, turnovers.
Speaker 4: Get short.
Speaker 2: There is a simple as that lost. It's both it's as simple as that. And then chasing that is always nuanced, you know. So that's that's that's the theme that we we've had here, we've had for seventeen years is uh is get out of our own way beyond the same page. Uh. You know, we we really want to be as in sync as we possibly can, and everything we do, we try to chase every detail in terms of things that are important winning football. We call it the football, the winning, the winning football, intangibles, the impactful, the importance to winning. Those are the things you want to be great at. And you're not going to be great. You're not gonna necessarily be perfect in all those things in every game, but you want to chase perfection in every area. So you get into a game and things don't go your way, you get you get unlucky, the ball doesn't mount your way, you make mistakes, but the calls don't go your way. Whatever it might be, you're still so good in all the other areas that you're able to overcome those things and find a way to win the game. Irregardless. We've been able to do that a lot because we've won a lot of games, and every one of these games is really important and impactful. In the playoffs, we haven't been able to put it together for you know, four games, three or four games to win the Super Bowl Championship. And that's that's the hard thing. That's why only one team does it. So we understand that that's that's the way it's set up. But we want to be that team and we're good enough to do it, so we want to find a way to do it. So the the the challenge there is the not simple part of it is is setting everything up in a way that makes those things intent that that we'ren't so that we're intentional about those things every single day, so when those moments happen in the biggest moments, it's something that we've been doing all along and that's normal for us, and then we have the best chance to have it go our way in those games. And that's that's what we're really talking about right now as the coaching staff, is the best way to intentionalize all those things so that you know in those big moments that we we can follow through and and get to the end.
Speaker 3: Jonas, I know you say you've been talking to a lot of players nearly and you said you talked to Justice at them around the comb I know, have you talked to Justin Letely?
Speaker 2: And you know where where's Kay's mind right there? Right? I haven't talked to him for a few weeks. I do need to give him a call because he's probably he's on my list on my rotation, but I haven't tried to make it anything more than well the normal conversations we would have. It's just nothing that there's nothing else I can talk to him about. Besides, we've had that one one conversation about it, so it's just kind of in that mode right now. Years in one entirement. I know you've got to be out there. Is that kind of like the Chambers offseason?
Speaker 4: In the draft?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you know, we got to make sure we've got a good, solid defensive line. So the good news is the draft is really deep there and there's also some options of some we can bring some guys back. You know, I like our guys too that we can bring back. I'm very confident we're gonna be We're gonna be have a good front. But you know, I'm happy for Mike were a great career. I mean, look where he came from. You know, what are you accomplished in football? One of the best, you know, one of the best people, the best dudes, guys that you'll ever be around. Just love that guy. And when he got that interception, man, I mean it's just the best. Wait, what a way to go out. Just the allegations of this thing right now out of those give person that you knew that you I don't employed for so many years. Yeah, just really shocking, shocking, surprising. Uh didn't see that one coming found out about at the same time everybody else did. Uh don't know what to make of it. Just feel really bad for the people involved that were affected. By it, especially his family and then the people that were the you know, the victims of that love Melissa and the kids. That's really just a disturbing situation. Since you can't you believe mock drafts have got the global pub there wonder gonna viewed an area of five valuable tools to prepare a draft. If it's just like people now have a lot of opinion to talk what you guys would pick up? No, no, we do. Eric uses those to a great degree in the mock drafts because it gives you a consensus basically on how how the players are viewed, and it gives you an idea of where the players are going to basically be taken. So we look at those pretty pretty thoroughly. Is this something you guys developed internally or are you looking at the public consensus? Well, we're looking at all the different things that are published. You know, I'm sure there's a lot of phone calls made too, especially by Eric. I don't really do that he I'm sure he does some polls himself, but there's so much information out there it kind of gives you a pretty good view of how the draft is viewed.
Speaker 5: You know, we has Regissier year offensively, but the Continuity were a team with out to them all at the top MOUNTI barde B team the Nucleas player. Yeah, what do you feel like this offense still hasn't read It's kind.
Speaker 2: Of well, I'm definitely banking on that. I mean, we're really looking to take the next step next iteration three point zero as we called it to UH, to get this to the point where we're doing we're doing more things better. So we want to do more and we want to do it fundamentally better. That those are two conflicting kind of uh principles or goals sometimes, but you got to chase conflicting principles. You gotta chase things that are seemingly at odds with one another to be highly successful. So we we're trying to figure out how ways to do that with the system and the way we're building the system, and I'm kind of excited about what we're going with, a very excited and the Continuity is a big part of that, along with grow.
Speaker 1: And it seems like every year you just keep following up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I well, you know he's supposed to. He's he works hard and he's got a growth mindset, and he wants to he wants to be better, you know. And that's the thing is, that's what I love about Lamar Jackson. He just wants to improve and all the time he's never satisfied. And uh and you know he talks about winning the super Bowl and when he went to super Bowl, not if, but when he went to super Bowl, He's still not gonna be satisfied. He's gonna want to get another one, you know. And that's just the way he's built still that way, He's gonna record through as he plays. But I'm like, what that is the Lincoln Sea one specific thing is nice super his game. Yeah, well, Tea's day to day with Lamar, you know. I mean T is a great coach and he's a great person and they have a great relationship. And t t his coach quarterback. He's he's coordinated offenses, he's played quarterback at a high level. All those things I think really factor in. But he's also really just highly organized. I mean, he does it. He's got a great system for teaching the quarterback. So I think he's a great job and it's a big, big, big part of it.
Speaker 5: It's a sign team that the deaf team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, resigning Bank Cleveland. I think it was just a good smart football move for us. He uh, he's he's he's he's done everything we've asked him to do. Like when he comes into games. He plays solid football. He's versatile and he can play both guard spots. He can play center, and you can even put him out there tackle and he kind of he hangs in there, you know, which he's not built to be a tackle, but he hangs in there. He goes in as the extra alignment sometimes a tight end and blocks. So uh yeah, that's uh that and he wanted to be here. He wanted to be with the Ravens. He appreciates his role. He's on field goal protection. He probably the best field goal protection guy in the league. I mean, nobody talks about it, but he's great at that, you know. So he's a good he's a good guy. Uh. As far as the situation he had, you know, that's to be determined what what the punishment will be for that, and he understands that. We understand that as well. But that was a good solid football move for our team.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Genleman being the second one of his ten dure coach in the league. Now he's still I know. I mean, what's a takedown to continue the passion of excite you know? This tip job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, how do you not like? I just think we have the greatest job ever. And you guys love what you do, like you're here, You're you're having fun, right, It's in a great environment. I just love it. I just love I love every part of this job, even the things that are hard, even the disappointing moments, you know, I you know, we all the great moments we had this year, and then you know, we had disappointing moments too, especially the one of the end. But I didn't feel I didn't feel I felt disappointed, But I didn't feel bad because I was proud of our team. I was proud of the way they fought. I was proud of the the what they accomplished and what they achieved. And I just I felt I felt connected to the guys, you know, And I think as long as you feel that connection with the guys and you feel like I also feel like there's a lot more to do. Like I feel like I have a lot more to prove, Our team has a lot more to prove, and I and I feel like I have a lot of good ideas in our in our in our our group has a lot of good ideas. We're still growing big time. I just feel like there's no stopping us, you know, and can't wait to try this stuff out next. So as long as I feel that way, I think, you know, I'm gonna keep coaching. You do two more I'm coaching. I went to know I wasn't on our table. Sorry about that. I went through. Know you were feeling about like Lamar winning the MVP. Uh, well, he's my m v P. You know. I can tell you that Lamar Jackson to me is my m v P H. But he has been every year. So he had a great season. He's he's a team player. That's what he cares about the most, you know, and that's what's most important to Lamar and all of us. But I'm always proud of Lamar.
Speaker 3: Often is a prior.
Speaker 2: Definitely in the conversation, I know that's been talked about, and yeah, I'd love to see that get done as well. Right, Thanks coaching? All right?
Speaker 1: Great, you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Also make sure you're subscribed to the Lounge podcast feed, Clifton Brown and I broke down all the big takeaways from John Harball's time with the media. Head over to the Lounge feed subscribe there, as well as the press Pass feed right here. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back with you again soon