Speaker 1: Jake Paul and Mike Tyson are fighting on Proudle. I'm I like this is so like this just feels like.
Speaker 2: Don't don't Jack, don't do not get invested in this fight.
Speaker 1: I can't not get I mean I was like eight when Mike Tyson was at his peak. I mean, they know what they're doing. Don't fall for the trap.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gonna just wanting to see him.
Speaker 2: Get Yeah, he ain't gonna do ship.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is gonna be like a gambling addict, you know, loses it all and then like places that like.
Speaker 2: This is really bad bet afterwards.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like America is like all right, but at least we're gonna see Mike Tyson ship out of this racist guy.
Speaker 2: This is Joe Biden versus Donald Trump, the boxing match. If you think Donald, you think Joe Biden. Mike Tyson is about to do no bro, He's He's in it for completely different reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he's he's done way too much ayahuasca. He's a different party. He's not just gonna snap onto somebody anymore. He saw him on that airplane. He could have killed that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he could have Oh I was like, that's not my restraint.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's one of the good things in my mind that's making me hopeful is his shirt. I get it that he like at least snapped on him and like has been like iron Mike is bad.
Speaker 3: He hasn't Mike has not snapped in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't right. But you're saying the fact that it wasn't like.
Speaker 3: No, whatever licks he got, but yeah would have turned him into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just looks like the inside of a blender, like five seconds.
Speaker 2: Later turn him into like a spec.
Speaker 1: We have never seen someone this old box for a reason.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't read it. And they're usually knocking motherfuckers out. There's always like, oh, young guys, he has approximately.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds and then it's time to turn the shit off, because oh yeah, boxing is the hardest sport on your body and mind, and you are working like every muscle, every organ in your body into overdrive, like constantly, like a sprint. And also at the same time someone is trying to kill you.
Speaker 2: Like it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's not what we're built for. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Dirt Guys. Yes Yes, yes, Yeah, my name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is Miles Gray. This is the episode where we take you through the things that are trending on Monday, tell you some of the things that happened over the weekend. Our first Monday morning episode since the election results rolled in.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, there's still votes out there.
Speaker 1: You know, there's still votes out there, And I have some conspiracy theories I.
Speaker 2: Would like to share with you. Okay, good good.
Speaker 1: Coke is everywhere. It is multifaceted, it is multi colored. Uh, and it's all sad, truly.
Speaker 2: There's coping in every every kind of flavor and fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm doing my own. Uh well, I think we took about it in the cold open. Just got got it all riding on the able fifty eight year old shoulders of one Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Then uh, they're gonna have a one on one game Michael Jordan versus Cooper flag And.
Speaker 2: Did you see him do you see his duke date or him play it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just yoking through coming coming down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah. Oh the new theme song of the show. Oh, come on, you know that that's that's just I think that's our new texture for this year. I guess it's just gonna be where is it? Anyway?
Speaker 1: All right, before we get into any of that shit, Miles, we do like to let people, We allow them to get to know us a little bit a loud, We let them in a little bit by telling them some things we think are overrated, some things we think are underrated. And why don't we start with overrated? Because I'm in a hater mood. What some of you thinks overrated? Hater mood?
Speaker 2: Hater mode? Activate so overrated? Just again, this last week, not even a week since the election results came in, just hearing so so many I'm hearing the fingers being pointed, the recriminations, we're getting everything. There's what did it? What's the simple answer for this? And is there one that completely defends the norms of liberalism and the Democratic Party's status quo. I'm just an overrated is hearing anything about why we lost from the establishment? Just generally, I'm not interested in those that analysis at all. Senator Chris Murphy wrote like a thread on Twitter about like the rebuilding the Democrats need to do and said, shit like there's this like it's like a multi you know, post thread on Twitter. I think the sixth one said quote, we don't listen enough. We tell people what's good for them, and when progressives like Bernie aggressively go after the elites that hold people down, they are shunned as dangerous populists. Why maybe because true economic populism is bad for our high income base. And he's doing the I just say that. But here's the thing, dipshit, you have not been a champion of these policies whatsoever? So now what now what? Because this this guy sits he's the chair on the on the subcommittee of Homeland Security, like you are powered by the prison and military industrial complex. So now you have thoughts like it's so hollow to me that being like, well, maybe was that it? And I think also this is also part of the thing of being like, well, maybe if I show a little bit of awareness and you know, quasi accountability around what the establishment stands for, then maybe I can still have a seat at the table for whatever the new version of the Democratic Party is. Uh, And he like laments about how the Democratic the tent is just not big enough. Dude, It's not the fucking tent it's the table that's not big enough. The people that are seated at that table are just so disconnected versus like because now all the articles are coming out but like, well, you know, we knew it was a rap at this point, or like all the consultants are so like, I'm completely out of touch and kept insisting that this was the right way to go, or the pulling said this or that. Yeah. Again, the problem is that people were crying out for policies that would have addressed a lot of these concerns. Now would that have actually changed the outcome? Who knows? Because I think this where we're at was an inevitability, right right. We couldn't keep not taking care of working people and expect just people to like die at their jobs. Something was going to change drastically. And it was either America in the in the sort of positive version, getting their shit together and saying, oh my god, we need to abandon protecting capital and we need to actually just make this country about helping people. And because and so something was going to change radically, and because it wasn't going to go that way, it was going to it's we're now in this other version because the road forked off, and this was the way it went. So anyway, this campaign was ran as like a centrist dream come true. And anyone that isn't saying this ideology should be abandoned is just running cover for the Democrats or they are so comfortable in the status quo that they can't actually grasp how bad things are for people.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they have it in them to say this now, and they're not just triangulating to be like, so let's find something between Bernie Sanders and Kamala Harris, you know, like I but like there was an initial I really do think that the instinct is to treat it as completely inevitable and also like that the Republicans were right about.
Speaker 2: Everything, the Democrats were wrong about everything.
Speaker 1: And but there is apparently, you know, a point in the campaign where Harris was like leaning towards anti business, like anti big business rhetoric and like actually being the only candidate in this election or like any of the past. You know, ever, unless she's counting like the Democrat primary, Yeah, to actually target like big business. And then her brother in law is that is that like Doug's brother.
Speaker 2: Or maybe her sisters or her.
Speaker 1: Sister, Yeah, who's like a lawyer for Uber came through and was like, maybe maybe not so much, and they pivoted to this yes, extreme centrism that just did not resonate at all, just perfectly set them up to get absolutely cleaned out or.
Speaker 2: Just not raise the enthusiasm. That's really it's really what we're seeing now. It's like as the enthusiasm, you know, it's the enthusiasm as we'll talk about.
Speaker 1: We now have conspiracy theories about how did the Republicans make twenty million Democratic voters disappear? Which I don't think it's going to end up being that high, but you know, the point remains that is what happened. A bunch of people who voted for Biden last time disappeared, and they are treating it like a fucking David Copperfield special, and it is in fact the Democrats made those people disappear by running basically Hillary Clinton reducks and expecting.
Speaker 2: It to just I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot about the messaging around the loss that is frustrating that we'll get into on THEE.
Speaker 2: And I think also too like as the like real the real finite polling data comes out, sure you can start doing other analyzes like that. But I think right now, all like especially the finger pointing, you see, that is such a distraction when it should all of this the eyre can be squarely aimed at what the establishment of the Democratic Party believed they thought was a good campaign given the stakes. That much we can we can talk about, Yeah, yeah, begin to break down how much was it the gen Z podcasting diet versus gen xers. We can we can get through that way, so we have.
Speaker 1: Good data and consider blaming gen Z.
Speaker 2: But I mean, right now, it doesn't even look like that's really the case, you know, so, and again that's another excuse to not be like is it because we were completely just doing everything we can to protect the status quo and not budge from that. Yeah, I'm saying all of these write ups avoided conversation always. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I listened to the pod Save America first episode after the loss, and like they start, they're like, we're not going to know enough, we don't have enough data, uh to begin with, and then immediately start like fine slicing exit poll data and like blaming it on like Latino vote being lost, and uh, yeah, it was very.
Speaker 2: Frustrating because it's not it's not our strategy. Yeah, it's their fault. It's their fault. It's not our strategy.
Speaker 1: The priors, our priors told us this was going to happen. Uh all right, My overrated has nothing to do with the election. Uh my, I've got two dumb ones, one overrated.
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 1: This video I'm about to take of a pot of dolphins is going to be.
Speaker 2: Pre empty big upping yourself. Wait you're oh wait, you're yeah, No, I'm saying I always over rate.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a pot of dolphins forty feet off and I get out my phone and I'm like, get ready, motherfuckers, get ready for movie magic.
Speaker 2: And that's just just like up there.
Speaker 1: With photos of the moon, like I unless the animal is close enough for you to like hear it breathing. Yeah, video is probably going to wait, you said this.
Speaker 2: Video I'm about to take, So did you or are you on it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah no I took it and I over I was overrated in mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and I'm okay, sorry, I'm like, are you about to get on a boat or some shit like this video? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you, As Brian the editor points out, you need a drone for that.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: I took my kids fishing yesterday and there were dolphins everywhere, and the videos that I took them there's so bad. Don't know, Like I just feel like somebody needs to do a list of things that like are going to be good pictures in your mind and inevitably suck shit. I think the moon is almost always number one on my list. Animals that aren't close enough for you to hear them breathing, like usually that's.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of landscapes people take. Yeah, it's it's called composition, you know what I mean. Just take take a book out of ansel Adam's page or page.
Speaker 1: I did just learn a little hack that like, you know, the point five like the zoom out the wide legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if you have like a.
Speaker 1: Close up of something like we had this huge ass spider in our backyard and I like that up real close to it and took a close up and like if you do it at point five, it gets like real nice and detail that. Yeah, that lens is nice.
Speaker 2: Then you're like, you know, look at this cool spider, Like that's a daddy long list. Yeah, but it looks terrified right while.
Speaker 1: From this angle, right, I guess, and then another overrate is just like horny card decals and like pumper stickers, Like I'm still seeing those.
Speaker 2: Like ladies back to back, yeah, sitting on their bent Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's one with like a woman's ass print that always like parks near my kids school. Like wait, it's like her asses pressed print, Like it's like her leg her foot, and like ass are like pressed against the window kind of thing. Is like what what it seems to be uh imitating? But it's just I don't know. I just don't know, like what what this trend is, Like what what they're hoping to express with that. I kind of assume men are are horny, Like.
Speaker 2: That's a good. Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 1: Men are driving around uncomfortably horny.
Speaker 2: Anyone take an action on that? Yeah, men are horny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anyways, I mean, I guess it's been a thing since like the seventies, with the honk of your horny sticker. I just don't know why it is a persistent urge to tell the people behind you in traffic that you're like horny. But I don't know, Maybe I just lack that uh.
Speaker 2: That gene the like makes that make sense. Yeah, oh that like you're like, yeah up here, I mean horny wish I could be jacking it for me. I remember being really into Playboy shit and like like Hustler stuff, like you had that shit emblazoned on it because at the time I just had no sex life, and I was like, I look like somebody that fucks right right right and narrator in fact he was not. He never did right right? Is that like does the compensation?
Speaker 4: I feel the same shit you people rocking all that punished or so you compensate for what it's not your two you're not agrown enough, so you're gonna wear some shit that's like I'm a fucking killer and then be like I'll be fucking like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: People who are actually fucking have like weird like pineapples.
Speaker 2: Or right right, Yeah they got the tattoo or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, weird codd like this means that I'm gett that tatted to let him know to I don't know, I've heard of it, like being put on uh you know, the shopping car cruise ship, right, anyone who's a real swinger let me know, because I just realized I've seen.
Speaker 2: A couple of tatto like pineapple tattoos recently, and I don't know if that was like ironically tropical or like in terms and conditions to fly inquire within what's miles?
Speaker 1: What's something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 2: What's Miles is underrated? Miles is something this this has? I mean it kind of it's it's not really explicitly about the election, but that Ben Affleck smoking a sig meme where he's like in that doorway with like, yeah, people already know based on the sound I made where he's Ben Affleck sig meme is perfectly captures that feeling, you know what I mean, in a.
Speaker 1: Way neflex smoking a sig meme, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
Speaker 2: The fis worker after the sandwich the chicken sandwich came out and they were like on a bench, just like oh shit. It's just that feeling of like, holy fuck, what's going on? I just need a fucking second here to not be doing what I was just doing. That captures that feeling so perfectly. It's relevant to me in so many ways, whether it's trying to wrap my head around whatever the new political order is going to be or dealing with a young child that is on that is on the doorstep of being two years old, and the I didn't realize when they're like, hey, you gotta be patient, you gotta be patient. I'm like, yeah, yeah, it's like waiting for something to happen. No, not that kind of patience. The patients to not tap into like your animalistic instinct to just like also lose it.
Speaker 4: Be like like we could both look so you.
Speaker 1: Want to take it there, Like I'm definitely happy this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, And then you start you started thinking about your parents. You're like, oh shit, they were just not patient, right. Their example was like someone traumatized by the Great Depression and like you know, nineteen twenties racism or the being in World War two, like like ruins, and that was the version of parenting you got. And now I'm like I'm like, oh no, Like there are times I'm like I'm angry, but then I have to like think of like hold on, you're a parent, You're you're setting an example. You're a child. The child knows not what they do, and like there's like all these processes that happened where I'm just getting like shit thrown on me, and I'm like, okay, yes, thank you. I'm like, thank you for this, thank you for that, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: And once second then you quietly walk outside slam the front door, light up a sig.
Speaker 2: Come back. Okay, So all right, so we don't throw beans everywhere, and please stop slamming cups of milk everywhere. We'll be all right. But anyway, shout out that meme. It's it's it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Giving us life. Yeah, my underrated is kid lies. I heard a six year old claim over the weekend that he's never even touched the color pink. I was so impressed by that lie.
Speaker 2: That's fucking dope. Wow, what is listening to?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, never touched it like on some on some like that's for girls kind of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, that's for you. A legend when it comes to that kind of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the wildest lies. That kind of turned one of my kids into a bit of a liar himself.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to have a lying phase, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you're kind of just trying to figure it out, Like you don't realize like you're cool enough, so you got to, like you got a world build around your your identity. Yeah, I was guilty of that ship for sure.
Speaker 1: I heard my six year will be like, yeah, someone was like, what are you guys doing for Halloween? And we were just like handing out candy and trigger treating. He's like, we're going to a farm where it just like made up this thing that like we're going to a farm. We're like filling up these bags with hay and then we're gonna like draw scary faces on the on the hay bags. And I was like, damn, this is so detailed, and.
Speaker 2: Damn that sounds like you have a good parents exactly cry for help to you. You know, I would love to draw stuff on bags of Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm all right as long as the lies are outlandish. When the lives are like I don't know, my dad's gonna like make eye contact with me and like hang out with me, right.
Speaker 2: Right right right, high five me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll talk about some of these election conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And so it turns out the right doesn't have a monopoly on unhinged election conspiracy theories. There are a lot of online liberal influencers who have been suggesting that the twenty twenty four election in fact has been stolen, but like for real this time.
Speaker 2: This time it has been.
Speaker 1: One of the pieces of evidence that's being pointed to is a claim that, as you mentioned, twenty million Democratic votes are missing because so many fewer people voted for Harris this year than Biden in twenty twenty so that and like they'll like get in there, they'll be like, I'm a computer security expert for the Navy and the nssay, and like this this is unheard of, This doesn't make anything. We've never seen anything like this in electoral politics. There's this one. I'm beginning to believe our election was massively hacked, just like happened to a few weeks ago in the Republic of Georgia. Think Elon Musk, Starlink, Peter Teel, Bannon Flynn and putin twenty million Democratic votes don't disappear on their own. First of all, I always love when the level of detail in the conspiracy theory that overthrows democracy in the country is a think list of names, like they're just like wish casting a fan fiction Avengers reboot right right. I also saw that I think people are using this like Rogan clip where he was like Elon new Trump won because he has an app that tells him stuff he knew like early in the day before the media.
Speaker 2: Apparently so did the media, right, Like it just sounded like they were just really They're like, oh, let's really be sure before we really collapse. Yeah, everyone's hopes and dreams here. But yeah, okay, he had an app. Yeah, I told him.
Speaker 1: It's so trusting Joe Rogan to be like using that anecdote is like trusting a child that the magician they just saw was like a real warlock.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's something like you've never touched the color pink Typeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I guess he has this like app that like just the easiest person to lie to. I think that's what makes Joe Rogan like so popular in this moment, is like he's just very gullible and interested in whatever you're saying and we'll go with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's just curious. Man.
Speaker 1: I will say one thing in favor of this conspiracy theory is that if any institution would get cheated out of an election, and like just immediately start asking everyone to be civil and admit they lost fair and square. I feel like it would be the Democrat could be just for the optics, like even if they had been hacked, I feel like they would help with the cover up to avoid looking like sore losers, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is it's interesting because there are I've saw so many different things like this, like what about that happened over here? What about over here? Like on some level, if they're like it's just too quiet right now, it's just too quiet, a lot of stuff must be happening behind.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah with Trump, like why isn't Trump yelling at us? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or even like even just like like with like what's happening with Democrats? Like maybe they must be uncovering something and okay, if true, then whoa. But also it sounds like there there's plenty of date, there's a lot of data and experts first of all, not raising like I don't see election officials specifically raising the alarm. There are a lot of people who are pointing at sort of like discrepancies between like when their ballot was counted or when it was received and things like that. But it seems like again there are still millions of votes that are still being tabulated, that are steadily increasing the total number of votes that were cast. So while I do get it, it is a nice comfortable blanket to wrap ourselves in. Yeah, it may not be the case. Although shit, if there's something comes out the mind, yeah I knew that shit the whole time. But either way, I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems unlikely based on who is forwarding the conspiracy theories versus who is coming forward and being like we actually speaking of I knew that shit the whole time. Maybe the most frustrating thing I've heard since the election is the Pod Save America episode, where like John Favreau was basically like, guys, we knew it was going to be this bad, Like the our priors all told us it was going to be this bad. The people who worked on the election knew it was a historically bad chance of reelection the whole time. The whole campaign. They had like a Trump landslide map in the back of their mind, like a four hundred electoral vote loss in the back of their mind. So like that that leads me to believe, like the people who actually have access to the data or the people with data are just trying to ask cover and be like, nope, we knew actually, But also it's just so hard for me to wrap my mind around them having that information and that being the campaign they ran, right, they ran like they had like a twenty point lead in the fourth quarter, Like it was I think like when people saw the Cheney thing, everyone was pissed, but I think everyone was like, surely they have some internal pulling that shows they are up like twenty percentage points in every swing state, because in no other world does this strategy make sense. And now we're learning they knew they were fucked electorally, or at least their claiming they were, and like doubled down on the unpopular policies that made them fucked in the first place.
Speaker 2: Again, it was going to take something very different. And yeah, when you had the people who were running the Biden campaign prior to that just switch gears, like the people who were going to upset the balance of power here, they were just going to be like, I don't know, man, maybe we can pick off enough never trumpers and just keep keep our heads down and get through it. And no, it wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also like these reports that the campaign was out of money and like keeping it a secret from us and from Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: No, like wait, those texts were for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the desperation in the text because like in the mainstream media, like the stories they were putting out to the media were like absolutely crushing the campaign, Like no campaign has ever raised this much money. We're fucking swimming in money. It's unbelievable. It's a sign that like we're riding to the White House on a wave of like populist support. And one of these stories that has come out is that there was a fundraiser video that she was set up to, you know, shoot heading into the home stretch, and there was a line where they were like, we missed our fundraising deadline in the thing, which would have been fucking news to me, and I think everybody who was paying attention to the campaign, like the fundraising seemed to be the thing that they was like their strong suit. And I think it was also news to Kamala Harris, and she was like, we can't lie to people by saying we missed our fundraising goal, and so they removed it and it was it was fucking true, like they were not fundraising well, and they were like in debt and like we're fighting for our lives, you know, like this is a full fascist wants to end democracy, kill everyone who's ever said a bad thing, or like imprison them on the verge of absolute power, and they're running the Democratic campaign for president like a guy with a coke problem trying to like keep his Miami Vice themed kabab place open for one more month. Like they're just like I don't know, like let's just just pretend like we have the money, you know, let's just.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, like we're good for it. We're good for it. Like, Dad, we're going to be doing a collab next month. You're gonna really fucking love dude. It's gonna be sick. Yeah. Yeah, all good here, all good here. Yeah, it's it's very I mean again, fingers are coming out and they're being pointed very publicly now and now it's stuff like, yeah, dude, it was a wrap from the beginning, like what the fuck are y'all talking about? And you want people to take you seriously when you then say this is okay, but this is what we need. No yeah, no, no, no, no, and fucking no yeah.
Speaker 1: They there's a lot of I'm amazed we even got this close. It was an underdog, like you know, one in a million shot from the beginning, which is obviously coming from Democratic officials close to the campaign. The campaign has been broken since beginning. We knew that. I'm amazed we got this close.
Speaker 2: There's also that and then but also this is what I'm I'm always looking at everything through this lens too, is because when you say, oh, the campaign was broken, then you can avoid saying it's not the policies, it's not all the stand exactly. It was at the campaign and we fell short with money. That's why, like all this stuff I have to you, you really have to be clear on what we're talking about and like where they want people's energy to go into. Because if it's oh, the campaign was broken, then now you can get mad at like the consultants. You can get mad at Joe Biden, which you know, obviously we should be angry a Joe Biden because we should have had a fucking primary. But all of these things help be like and that's why I like, do we're gonna dust ourselves off because we still are hopeful that there could be free and fair elections in twenty twenty eight, Okay.
Speaker 1: But on the off chance that there might be free and fair elections, And they're like on the Pods Save America podcast, there's gloating that she didn't lose as hard in swing states where like the vast majority of our advertising money was being spent, so they're like, so we were doing something right there. I've also seen like Democrats comparing it to two thousand and four and saying we lost badly at that time and then wanted to burn the boats and give up, but Obama came in and like saved the party and like that's we could be in for a good thing in four years and just like not even know it, but I feel like an alternate read on that would be you fucked two thousand and four by killing off your first populist with like.
Speaker 2: The Dean scream.
Speaker 1: You got someone who, like, as David Graeber puts it, with Obama, that like gave the impression of populism in Obama without any of the policy to back it up, but like just gave the vibes of like, you know, hope and change and then like killed the populist campaigns of Sanders twice and instead of like owning up to the fact that, like, as the Republicans have embraced a horrific fascist version of populism which seems to be what the moment calls for, instead of like an economic socialist version of it, they are just going to find silver linings in the twenty twenty four campaign and like use them to pave a road to like Shapiro buddhaj Edge twenty twenty eight, right, you know, yeah, and just I don't know because.
Speaker 2: Again, the lessons aren't being learned if the lessons for like, just this is why I'm looking at if the establishment is saying stuff like as a campaign was erected, they all messed up, dude, Like the people don't know what they were doing. That allows them to say, it's not the policies. It's not the policies, it's not what we stand for, it's not who we're aligned with, it's not that we need to upset the balance of power at all. And I get that it's a that's a very tall order coming from a party who's so ingrained in what American politics is. But yeah, this is all just just being like, no, it's not it's not it's not us, dude. It's not us man, it's fucking Joe Rogan dude. Right, And it's a combination of those like and it is true that those things had an effect, but that gives people enough cover intellectually to avoid real accountability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do foresee the you know, Elon Musk used starlink to hack the election theory like being popular online, Like, I don't think this is going away because, uh, you know, even though it's pretty stupid, like it's not you know when when you actually ask people how campaigns are run, Uh, they're like, yeah, just just because starlink gave Internet to like a place where polling happened.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not a movie in the early aughts where they're just like rewrite those votes, Like, you know, that's not how anything works unless it is, you know. Yeah, I just feel like it's so good for both sides, right, both sides in power. It's good for the fascists to have this sort of like theory spread because it muddies the waters with diarrhea, like so that the next time they're going to claim it was stolen, it will seem a little less preposterous and I mean, it's good for you on Musk, Like, I'm sure he'll probably say he did this behind the scenes because like it, you know, I'm omnipotent, look at it, right, Like Trump will feed it because it makes sense for the WWE character he's playing. But for the Democrats it also helps them avoid accountability, I think with a big portion of the base. So like, I don't I'm hoping it's not like the ultimate outcome from this of like how people are coping with us, But I do think it's going to be popular and probably not be stomped down as quickly as it probably should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't help that like the guy who is the richest person in the world was openly like cheating on behalf of the Trump campaign with like giant novelty checks like that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not I'm not saying there wasn't untoward shit happening. I just don't think it's the it's the thing that these theories claim where he star linked in and reconfigured the votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the other thing. A lot of people I've seen that there are a few accounts that like just blew up in the last week because of their constant sort of like pointing at like what Elon Musk may or may not have done, and they're like, no, the thing that happened is it basically mecapped Harris votes. It didn't add votes to Trump, it took away votes from Harris. And yeah, look, if there's a forensic analysis that that begins to show those things, then so be it. But I think right now it's just everything just so disorienting that I think every but from everything across the spectrum, people are trying to figure out a way to explain this in a like in a way that makes things feel better rather than like there's things are gonna change pretty drastically, and I think that's really difficult to kind of wrap our heads around. For me, like, is like truly understanding that this is this is going to be very very different than anything we've ever seen in this country. Yeah, it's gonna be really bad.
Speaker 1: Another way people are coping is like hitting up John Hinkley Junior.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of I've seen a lot of Wow. I wonder if it would be really cool if someone wanted to impress a young Jody Foster type of tweets and shit going off. Dude, the guy just had Jersey mikes, you know what I mean. Yeah, he's having Jersey Mikes. He's just just doing his thing. Man, just leave him alone.
Speaker 1: He's saying, yeah, he tweeted, I'm a man of peace. Now exclamation point, please stop with all the negative comments. Exclamation point. That sounds like he's like teasing. But now he just wants to record his folk albums and paint pictures of his cat, which the pictures of his cat pretty good. Yeah, I'm not gonna put them up in my house because I think that's weird but.
Speaker 2: Not bad. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and.
Speaker 1: Talk about Wicked tie in toys.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and let's talk about a news story that could take place in any timeline, not just this worst timeline.
Speaker 2: An old school jam.
Speaker 1: An old school jam for the kids out there at their roller skating parties. So Wicked is coming out. Yeah, this is being treated like a New Avatar movie, like in terms of the corporate tie ins, in terms of like just I don't know, I saw I saw like I saw the there's a target ad where there was like assuming everybody's gonna be obsessed with Wicked. Like during the World Series, I was just like, wow, man, they are like they've gone big on Wicked. I'm hoping for a lot of people that it does, you know, I'm cheering for Wicked, but I don't know, like straight up musicals have not been like musicals that have to admit that their musicals haven't done that well lately. So I'm hoping for the sake of the city of Los Angeles and a bunch of very talented people that this knocks it out of the park and does great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and it's also had some weird like the fans have been weird because they're like, why can you see Cynthia Revo's face. It's not like the Broadway poster. There's also like some weird fan back and forth shit going off based on like what I've seen very casually, yeah, but just anecdotally around people who I know who are musical brand They're like, yeah, I'm gonna go see it. But they also would be like, but here's the thing. They also thoughts about life. This really should be maybe like this is actually they're gonna have a second film. But like most of the good stuff is happening here. So I don't know what the second film is gonna be or vice versa. I don't. I can't remember quite what that was. That's why I'm not a reliable narrator on what exactly people are feeling about it. But that's that's what I've that's what I've been hearing with my ear to the street.
Speaker 1: But I mean, they're everywhere, They're about to be even more places of their books. Lego sets Wicked branded mystery color mac and cheese at Walmart when yeah, when the water is added, the macaroni is either revealed to be pink for Glinda or green for the Wicked Witch, and there are no options where you just get mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: That's not you know what the Wicked Witch's name is? The Wicked Witch's name, yeah, because we know Glinda. Yeah, but you know what the Wicked Witch's name is? Uh?
Speaker 1: Not Linda?
Speaker 2: No Glinda and Linda. Oh wait, good good witch, good Linda and just badly Linda Linda or Blinda. No, it's el Faba. I didn't even know that. I was like, what No, damn. Anyway, that's so you don't know if you're gonna get Glinda or el Faba El.
Speaker 1: Al Baba sounds like one of the like demon names of like from like the Bible, like BEA's ola.
Speaker 2: Then like that ship right.
Speaker 1: Right right, assuming those are in the Bible because they're hard to say anyways. Uh, there's also a Mattel Barbie size doll.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm sorry, it just it just hit me. It's either gonna be pink or green? Yes, oh fuck that? Yeah, you ever wins, we all lose. Yeah, holy shit, you're like, oh cool, it's gra's fucking green, what the fuck? Or pink to make it look like just so either way, it's crap.
Speaker 1: Made that ship with with like Valentine's Day of macaroni and cheese one time and it was pink and it just I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they also I think added sweetness to it. No, yeah, but I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is this is just like great value mac and cheese. It looks like shit.
Speaker 2: From the Olkay, move onto something I will buy like a like a doll, like a Barbie doll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have Mattel Barbie sized dolls, which some fans recently noted contain a link to a porno movie site on the bubb Boy. The URL on the box is Wicked dot com, but the movie's website is actually wickedmovie dot com because Wicked dot com leads to the site for Wicked Pictures, which claims it was founded in nineteen ninety three and it was founded with a firm commitment to producing quality parody porn movies such as Black Widow Triple X, which is not you know, collab between Black Widow and Vin Diesel's character from Triple X.
Speaker 2: And Captain Marvel Triple X. So they like put a lot of thought into yeah, yeah, yeah, naming.
Speaker 1: An axel Bron parody.
Speaker 2: Oh what that means? And also I didn't know. According to their Wikipedia, they were the only heterosexual pornographic studios between two thousand and four and twenty twenty one to maintain a condom's only policy. Hey, okay, shout out Canoga Parkpreium to the San Fernando Valley Baby it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Mattel said, they're aware of the mes print and are taking action. But that's of course inspired people to buy the toys up in case they recalled.
Speaker 2: And become collector's items, which I think they will be.
Speaker 1: This is this is which is going to be so weird guys where it's like, oh yo.
Speaker 2: You know it's different. On the back of this box, it has a URL to go to a porn site. So I mean, I get that that's a pretty huge fucking mistake when you're just this is on the packaging of a children's toys. I mean, the only way.
Speaker 1: To deal with this would be to buy the fucking URL from the porn company and just.
Speaker 2: Like let them. You know, they probably tried, right, you know what I mean, and.
Speaker 1: Then they just fucked up so hard by making it like even more urgent or Wicked.
Speaker 2: Pictures is like yeah, bro, three hundred million, Yeah you know what that you are? Well, yeah, like at this point, yeah, you know what I'm saying. Even before right that, I'd imagine for having a movie this big in your marketing, you're like, we got we hopefully we'd own Wicked dot com. Yeah, And then when you go and you're like, oh, because that would be again you're probably looking like, wait, well what is Wicked dot Com? You're like, fuck, dude, that's bad. We maybe we can buy that, and then they probably got I don't know, I mean, if anyone has any insight to that I'd imagine that's when you're like Wicked Pictures and you're like, well, well, well, I've been waiting for this day.
Speaker 1: I just tried to see if they've made the purchase, and when I go to wig dot com access beyond this page is restricted to adult eighteen plus only, which I can't imagine is for the movie because it's R rated. Yes, so all right, and finally, we have an announcement for the year end. You know, we do some year end episodes of the show. We're going to try a new format this year where we're going to do either a list or like a tournament. It's a tournament, might be, yeah.
Speaker 2: Tournament, have top stories, top.
Speaker 1: Story tournament, and we want to solicit suggestions from you guys, because we've got a few spots left.
Speaker 2: Yep. But we're going to give you the.
Speaker 1: List of our top stories of the year twenty twenty four in advance.
Speaker 2: But think of it like this, right, It's going to be a bracket where every they're going to be seeded and we're going to have to debate which was a more consequential story. Obviously, the election is the most consequential story of the year, and to have a nice, pleasant ex varis talking about everything that happened. We're gonna we're gonna avoid getting two into the weeds about the election and talk about just to give you an example of some of the things that are in the bracket. Now, we're talking things like Willy Wonka Glasgow, We're talking to Kendrick Drake Beef. We're talking Olympic pole vaulter.
Speaker 1: D two b Okay, I think the Olympics need their own category, like they're yeah right, because we've got Olympic vaulter, we got Ray Gun, we got gymnast nerd Olympic shooters. Yeah, yeah, like the dude who's just straight up an assassin. So yeah, then we've got Laura Lumer, we got fake Ridgerton, got a couple JFK stories. We haven't narrowed them down quite yet. Obviously we got a couple RFK stories. We haven't completely narrowed them down just yet. But obviously you've got your Whalehead, you got your Heidi Bear, you got your brain worm JD Vance catch fucking and then of course, and this one's gonna be tough to knock off in terms of just impact on the zeitgeist, on this show, the food and wine Ai article uh Ai slop showing up in our stories and just that that paragraph.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So that's where we're at right now. You know, it's not a finished list, it's not a final list, but we're curious to hear what some of your favorite stories that are just fun and most importantly more consequential than the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, exactly fake Bridgerton obviously, So yeah, yeah, yeah, more d m us whatever. Get your suggestions in hit us in the discord and yeah, well we'll put some of those in there. And also for those of you all listening, also just want to let you know the YouTube channel is live. For your YouTube channels live one video a week. You will get to see one episode a week on video and those will go up Friday. Every Friday, there'll be new video episodes.
Speaker 5: So check us out YouTube dot com, slash at daileys at geist pod. But if you just search it, you'll see you'll see the video episodes because you will see things like all of our faces and Chris Crofton's and other many wonderful guests. So yeah, loomin that out and shout out to everybody that has been checking out and subscribing.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, and we hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do making it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, that is going to do it for us on this Monday, November eleventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine, get your flu shots. Holy shit, I had the flu over the weekend. Fucking kicked my ass. Ooh, please get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,