Speaker 1: NBA Finals are here. Your last chance to bet on the NBA until next season is now and with Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, We're pulling out all the stops to make this a finals. To remember, one team will be Crown champ and the other will be lost to history. Who you got winning it all?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Put your expertise to the test. Don't miss your last chance to bet on the NBA this season. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook gapp use the code Bobby Sports that is the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. If your bet wins when you bet just five bucks, you got three hundred bucks in bonus bets if you win when you only bet five bucks only on Draft Kings the Crown of Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hop and y or text hope and y has four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help was available for problem gambling.
Speaker 4: Call eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine seven to seven, seven to seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boudo Casino in Resort, Kansas.
Speaker 4: Twenty one plus.
Speaker 3: Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and on terry Bonus bet expires one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 5: Podcast call twenty five wist Stocking forwards and they are wear a whist So, yes, it's too bad, but what did you expect? It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles.
Speaker 1: Twinning Line Win Everybody Eddie book. So here's my bets that I made. So I did my three championship bet I Oklahoma City Thunder to win the NBA, which was like minus six hundred or something. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was that crazy seven?
Speaker 4: Is that what it was?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: So I parlayed three and I have the Thunder, Arkansas Razorbacks to win Baseball and the Chicago Cubs to win the World Series. I bet one hundred and fifty dollars for a payout of ten thousand, nine hundred and seventy one dollars. I love those.
Speaker 4: So I thought you were doing the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: No, I never said the Cowboys I did it last year. I'd bet that by itself independently. So yeah, thunder Arkansas Baseball in Chicago Cubs, and will I cash out if it gets closer to the postseason and I fit the first two possibly.
Speaker 4: My wife always says, it's just one hundred and fifty dollars, let it ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I also bet no, but but my number is always one dollar.
Speaker 4: It's just a dollar.
Speaker 2: Let it ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not just a dollar if you can cash out for three hundred dollars, that's what I say. My second bet that I made was just on Arkansas to win the College World Series. They're at plus three eighty their number two. I bet a thousand bucks on them. It's basically five grand if they win.
Speaker 4: It's nice.
Speaker 1: So I do have my razorback baseball jersey on This is literal team jersey.
Speaker 6: That's a cool jersey.
Speaker 1: It's yeah. I think I took it. I think they gave it. I don't know. I think they gave it me to wear because it was one of the actual jersey. Look it's the yeah, no, it's you know, it's a little game Jurney patch on it. Yeah, they gave it to me. To wear to something one time and I just never gave it back because I was putting it on this morning and thinking to myself, how do I have this because it's a I mean it's a legit jersey, and I think I just never gave it back.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: The crew, well, so it buttons, but it also has a vel crow spot in the middle for the top part of it.
Speaker 4: He or is that for the what the what? The Astros have something.
Speaker 1: For the communication to my so those are my bad? So go Thunder Game one tonight, Game one tonight. Yeah, go Razorbacks, which I believe Game one is tonight. They play Tennessee in Arkansas best of three series super Regional and let's go Cubs. There were sixteen over the last time I looked, so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think there. I saw they're the best record in the last beginning of May or something like that.
Speaker 1: Totally end unexpected. Yeah, it's awesome. Pete Crow Armstrong is amazing.
Speaker 6: Are you truly enjoying it? Because I know with baseball, like you're like, oh, a great month, and you're like, but no, no, that's how I look at things with baseball.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying it, and I watch sections of a lot of games. I won't even say most games, but I'm enjoying it. But man, it's it's May June. It's hard one. I've been let down so many times in my life in so many ways. I've also been let down so many times by the Cobs. And also baseball not always indicative of how it's going to end, how it's going to start, because that body is so big. It's one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have the extra innings pass?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked. I have a major League Sunday ticket.
Speaker 4: That's it. Yeah, that's that's the name I was looking for.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I do sound it sounded real.
Speaker 2: I have all of those.
Speaker 1: So there's that. So we're starting there. I do want to mention a couple of personal things. One, our guy Reid got married last night and we're all here now. We're all in Oregon. We flew up surprised them.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was awesome, and so we're doing the show from Oregon in the forest. It was scenic. We're talking in the limbs right now. These aren't even microphones. Yeah, there's some weird animals I hear. Yeah, we did not go. I do feel little guilty for not being there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure I look beautiful.
Speaker 1: Wait you saw pictures of it?
Speaker 4: I saw a picture, yeah, on check out Read's instagram.
Speaker 1: I saw it leading up to it. I didn't see a picture of the wedding.
Speaker 4: So one like half hour ago with Reading a dance.
Speaker 1: Phoon, we finally did it. I see one of read at read Yarberry says last night before forever.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's one with him and his fiance.
Speaker 1: But that's the night before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well maybe I got it mixed.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a story. Hold on, I'm on his feed story loading the Yarberries. Oh that's Read saying him and he are gonna get married. But it's four dudes, like all those dudes getting married. It's all those grooves. Man, that's Stone and oh and they are they're hugging. It says a long time coming, and they're hugging. Yeah, that's the one. I'm at the altar. And then they not kissed, and any the year in before they get the person.
Speaker 4: Can dang, dude crazy.
Speaker 1: I think today they fly for their honeymoon. Shoull we just try to call them just yeah? Or should we just let them laugh.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, is that smoke?
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, it looks like almost smoke on the water. Wow, it would be.
Speaker 6: So happy to see the call. That's just a video of them dancing. There's a lot of smoke.
Speaker 1: There's a where I don't see a video of them dancing.
Speaker 6: I tapped into the person who he reposted, watched his story.
Speaker 1: God, there's the video of them dancing.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's FaceTime say he answers.
Speaker 4: That's so awesome.
Speaker 1: He may be on a plane smoke on the wall. The problem is facetiming. Is they got a hold of the phone so close to my face? Why what's gonna be near a microphone?
Speaker 2: The struggle is real.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna turn this off. Know what's already rang three times? So it's going to be super obnoxious. Okay, here we got free answers.
Speaker 4: What if they're honeymooning? Mm hmm right now, Well, you never know. At noon, you're.
Speaker 1: Bout getting married.
Speaker 4: You're tired after everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, travel exhausting. Yeah, just to get out to the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's smoke on the ground is awesome.
Speaker 1: Until we learned, Until we learned something caught on fire. That's what the heybody, congratulations. We drove around forever trying to find the venue last night.
Speaker 4: We still can't find it.
Speaker 6: Help help, We're looking for smoke.
Speaker 1: Okay, but.
Speaker 4: No read.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we can call new read what's new?
Speaker 2: Red bro?
Speaker 1: That's funny to read Junior on my phone. Actually it's Brandon's supposed to be here. But Brandon hit a sap. I was like, I got to the emergency room.
Speaker 4: So what he said? I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: The last text was let's say the answer is Brandon Heyboddy, Hey, so you're on right now? I just say, you know you're on. You're being recorded? Okay, Okay, what happened?
Speaker 8: So I was heading in to the to the to I heeart, and I was kind of like moaning. I'm like why what is wrong with me? Like my my head was hurting.
Speaker 9: I was just like, dude, I don't know if I need to I don't even know if I need to like stop and go to the bathroom or something. So I pulled into the parking garage and literally the first spot I see, I just whip in there.
Speaker 8: I opened the door and I just throw up, like seven times, and.
Speaker 9: And then I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna get out.
Speaker 8: Of these restricted spots. Is probably like mister iHeart himself.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, baby, Wow, we just hung up.
Speaker 1: We just hung up on somebody. We were doing an interview with somebody else, and we literally bailed on them and talk to you.
Speaker 8: See That's why I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Wow, tell us about it. Tell us about the wedding.
Speaker 7: Oh, dude, I may be a little biased, but it's it was like the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen or been to or been a part of.
Speaker 8: Good answer, it's the only one I've been a.
Speaker 1: Part of it.
Speaker 6: But it was immaculate, dude.
Speaker 8: The weather was perfect.
Speaker 7: The only thing that was a little if he was like taking photos and stuff down on the beach. Dude, that sand and wind like we'll get in every part of your body.
Speaker 1: Oh not cold, you mean like in your cracks?
Speaker 7: No, I mean it was.
Speaker 8: Cold, but also in your crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it was intense.
Speaker 1: Did everybody make it there that was trying to make it there? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Everyone made it there. Everyone's on time. My freaking parents drove an RV and somehow made it one of one of Maddie's cousins. Like he drove like an old RV van and he broke down in Wyoming, but he got picked up.
Speaker 2: And made.
Speaker 9: His van.
Speaker 7: His van is still on Wyoming somewhere.
Speaker 1: Really made. Oh so what time did the wedding start?
Speaker 7: Four thirty is when I started.
Speaker 1: And then so you got married. How how quick was the actual wedding ceremony? It was about thirty minutes and it did you do your own vowels?
Speaker 8: We didn't do our own vows. I said a prayer, which that was like the only thing I was nervous about.
Speaker 1: But that's kind that's kind of your own vow to be honest, if you're saying a prayer, that's things that you were wanting to say. Like that's that's guided by your brain, your heart, your feelings. I would say that you that's kind of a vow.
Speaker 7: Yeah. No, And like the morning of the wedding, like my two groomsmen and like her friends and stuff went up eat and I went down to the beach and you know, got a little Jesus in and just.
Speaker 8: Thinking about what I'm gonna say and all that. So it turned out amazing.
Speaker 1: And so you have those ceremony, then you do a reception. How far was the reception from where the ceremony was?
Speaker 8: Everything was like like two to three minutes away from each other. But it's just like it's like driving down hills.
Speaker 7: And going across and then up another hill and then you're at another spot.
Speaker 1: So and what did you guys do for entertainment there?
Speaker 7: We had a DJ we had let's see what do we have? We had like fourteen sendoffs. I don't know why you need that many send offs, but I don't know what that means, Like the sendoffs where you're like you're going through the tunnel and everyone's like yay.
Speaker 4: Whatever, saying bye.
Speaker 1: How'd you have fourteen?
Speaker 7: We did a send off to go take photo sunset photos, and then we did another send.
Speaker 4: Off coming back.
Speaker 1: That's like welcome back. That's a yeah, we'll send.
Speaker 4: Off, yeah off.
Speaker 8: Did we do an anxious too? No, we just left, well we just actually left.
Speaker 1: There's yeah.
Speaker 6: Is Bobby.
Speaker 1: He's in trouble in the gang. He's in trouble already. Hey, welcome, welcome to married Live, buddy. I can't wait, man, I love it. So what's the deal now? Are you guys on the way somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we are, we're packing up.
Speaker 7: We're back at uh where her parents are staying, and we're kind of re evaluating luggage and then we've got five hour drive back to Portland's we're gonna drop the marriage license off, the tucks off, all that stuff, and then we fled at like nine.
Speaker 6: To fifty tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tonight.
Speaker 2: How long is the fly?
Speaker 8: Uh, it's like six now it's like five and.
Speaker 2: A half hours.
Speaker 7: We fly from from Portland to Charlotte and then from Charlotte to Saint Lucia.
Speaker 1: Saying, Luisa, that long Portland East Coast and it's a long one. Hey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Maddie also said it's doctor very.
Speaker 1: What's doc Hey is doctor bones too? Then that we're enforcing that roll that good point, good point, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Read in Saint Lucia, Are you getting one of those uh little rooms on the water, Oh, like the.
Speaker 2: Little like hut things. Yeah, it's not like that.
Speaker 8: It is beach.
Speaker 7: It is beachfront though, so it is one that you can step outside and you're on the beach.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, private butler, it's freaking private butler. Fancy we will let you get back to being Mary. We did not think you would answer, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yeah, one more.
Speaker 4: Question about the smoke. What was the smoke on the ground. Dude, that looked amazing.
Speaker 7: Dude, that was insane. He was like back there like like just hitting stuff with his feet making.
Speaker 9: It all go.
Speaker 8: It was nuts.
Speaker 1: He was like, he was like, that was insane. There was a short and then all of a sudden, the fireway we had thirty seconds before the extinguisher.
Speaker 2: Literally, dude, it's.
Speaker 7: Like every every package he offered, we were like, Okay, yep, we'll take we'll take the smoke, we'll take sparks.
Speaker 1: And so how long is your honeymoon? When do you come back.
Speaker 8: I'll be back on the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: We will not call you. We will not call you on your honeymoon.
Speaker 7: I mean I might answer no, don't you know, don't mean just here hear the ocean wind in the background.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, not going to do it. It's like when Kevin was like Kevin was like, hey, i'll work when I take leave for my twins. I was like, Nope, no you're not.
Speaker 6: They so don't expect we're not going to call you.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, We love you. Congratulations, which we could have been there. And uh you and and doctor Yarberry have a great rest of the life. No, I say the rest of the life.
Speaker 4: They're married.
Speaker 1: But I hope this from this moment forward, there's nothing but prosperity.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you, man, I love you guys. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, I talked to you somebody.
Speaker 2: Brandon back.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was kind of rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ran, I ran hard on Brandon, but it was just sad because Brandon was there.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, no, way, he was on the hold.
Speaker 1: Brandon, you're still there.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 1: Brandon waited on hold. Yeah, yeah, sorry about that. Reader was just calling us back. You know, we had to we had to prioritize old read or new read, and we went with old read. Okay, So what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 9: So you know through of the first time, I was like, man, I got to get out of these restricted spots, and so I pulled into another spot, opened the door and did the same thing.
Speaker 1: So there's vomit spots in the garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I and I.
Speaker 8: Even took pictures of him. Let me need it proof.
Speaker 1: Don't send those Yeah, I'm sending them no, no, no, no, we'll pass. I send him only to Eddie.
Speaker 4: No, we're good.
Speaker 1: So what did you eat? Or do you have a stomach bug or what to deal? So figured it out.
Speaker 8: I ate old eggs. I didn't realize these eggs.
Speaker 9: Were expired, and our refrigerator and I'm texting my wife and her mom's in town. She's like, wait, did he eat the ones at the bottom, like the middle drawer?
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh yeah. She's like, oh yeah, we were supposed to throw those away. And so right when she said that, I was I was kind of like pulling off on an exit.
Speaker 9: So I went to a Chick fil A and went to the bathroom there and there was somebody using the the stall as I was just standing at the urinal like just praying he would he would stop so I could get in there, you know.
Speaker 1: And how do you feel now if it's food poisoning for me? In my very because I have a really weak stomach for different things. Once I get it all out, I'm ninety three percent better within like ten minutes, unless it's like an actual bug. How where do you fall in that spectrum?
Speaker 8: That's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 9: I was looking it up, like if you eat old eggs, like he'd have salmonella or whatever. And so I've just been like pounding water and I actually like, I feel I'm feeling better.
Speaker 4: Yeat good because we're working out A three.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if.
Speaker 4: Hey look too much.
Speaker 1: Here's well older reed. What we do with him was he would he would be like, I hate salmon, and I threw up. But he'd say that in the middle of the workout, and I'd have a talk with him, not during a workout, and I said, hey, man, if there's ever anything that's going to keep you from working out, just don't work out, because the last thing anybody wants to hear is anybody whining about why they're working out during the workout. I said, so if you had bad salmon, just hey, guys, not feeling great, not gonna make it. We would never say anything. We're constantly hurt or sick or lazy or insert any of the But to show up like Reidwood, I know it's twenty minutes in, but I'd say some weird salmon they had curry, and we're like, dude, why why did you not work out at all? I just thought you guys would judge me if I did, and.
Speaker 6: I know don't mind about it. So just like red Man, so Brandon knows, he just doesn't show up, which is good. Like in the studio thing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely if you're sick, because Reid.
Speaker 6: Would show me. I just threw up.
Speaker 1: I literally threw up outside the door and have him cleaned it up. You up the toilet, So you're You're still welcome to work out if you want, but do not feel like you need to or that even you should, So we'll leave that up to you.
Speaker 8: Hey, I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: I'll see how I feel and and come over if I'm feeling better, but I won't.
Speaker 8: I won't do it if I'm not.
Speaker 1: And the rule is if you do do it, you can't talk about it.
Speaker 8: Do it well, I would never talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, buddy, feel better?
Speaker 8: All right, I have a great show.
Speaker 1: Guys, All right, bye, bye, man, We got you talk about big guests too. Good read.
Speaker 8: Back?
Speaker 1: Who can say they got that man unless we fire new read and get a new reader. Yeah, that's crazy. Let's take a quick break. Come back on the other side. NBA Finals are here. Your last chance to bet on the NBA until next season is now and with Draft King Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, We're pulling out all the stops to make this a finals. To remember, one team will be crown champ and the other will be lost to history. Who you got winning it all?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Put your expertise to the test. All season long, Draft Kings has been the go to spot for NBA player props and that doesn't stop now. Who's going to carry their team to the championship? Try placing a bet for someone to drop thirty or forty, maybe even over fifty points. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft King Sports Book aapp lock in your bets, finish the season as a winner. Don't miss your last chance to bet on the NBA this season. Download the Draft King sports Book gap use the code Bobby Sports. That is the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet just yet, three hundred bucks in bonus bets if you win when you only bet five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown of Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Y or text Hope and Y has four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help was available for problem gambling call eighty eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsiblely on behalf of Bouoto Casino in Resort, Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bet expires one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a seventeen year old kid who has qualified for the US Open. The literal US Open not a qualifier because sometimes you do little aler to get in the middle, a lord to get in the big. A seventeen year old high school golfer put on a performance for the ages according to Larry Brown Sports, and ended up qualifying for the US Open. Mason Howe, a junior high school junior go Mason Jeez, played thirty six holes in a day at a qualifying event at Piedmont Driving Club in Atlanta, Georgia. He carted sixty three in both rounds for a final score of minus eighteen, landing him one of the five available US Open spots.
Speaker 4: Bro Let's go.
Speaker 1: Seventeen year old playing in a major. His final scorecard shows nine birdies in both rounds, no bogies. The US Open is a PGA Tour third major. How about that.
Speaker 6: That's wild, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm rooting for him. I'd love to just see him up on the board somewhere.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's just try, yeah, try to not get cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, well that's number two is yeah, try to not get cut.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: It'd be tough for me if I'm an amateur if I were to make the cut. Let's say I finished like nineteenth, and you're gonna make three hundred nineteen thousand dollars, finish in nineteenth, but it ruins your amateur status. I think I'd be like, I'm pro, yeah at three helmet, and it'd be a bad decision for three hundred nineteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: To throw away all of your but you're all seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be like, I'd be like, yeah, I can get a playcation for five, that's right in that moment, you like, I would just do it before I even told anybody.
Speaker 4: Would just sign whatever it was the check and you'd probably get invited to play the next US Open. Yeah, you finish.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think if you win it, you do get to come back.
Speaker 4: I can guaranteed, guaranteed if you win it, for sure, but I think to be invited back, and there's a certain point if you pass that you get invited back.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I don't know what the number is.
Speaker 4: So we're going pro baby.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome just to have the two greatest days and then get in. Would you want to come on Eddie?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Let's say they gave you an exemption and you get to play the US Open.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Would you go and play it? And but you couldn't be like, this is Eddie that sucks and it's on television and you have to play for the back teas. Would you go and still play it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, you would hold it up so much, and I would be I'd hold it up. I'd be looking for my ball. Well, you wouldn't need to as much because there are people got spotters, Yeah, no, just just people in the galleries.
Speaker 4: My drive would one hundred percent bee hundred and fifty yard behind everyone else and be like, hold on, guys, Eddie's first.
Speaker 1: Again where it said he So you would play it though, Oh dude.
Speaker 4: That'd be the best two days of my life two days because I definitely wouldn't make the cut. That would be crazy. Would you do it?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Why not? Because if I couldn't be the jokester and be like, yeah, I know, I think I would, I would eventually just kind of be embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, first couple holes would be funny enough that you're like, hmmmm, because nobody else gets to be in on the joke.
Speaker 1: If people get to be in on the joke, I'm in, like, yep, I suck and that's Jordan's speed. But if they can't be everybody would be irritated at me, all the golfers, the fans. You couldn't tell anybody that I know, but for.
Speaker 4: The rest of your life, you say I played the US.
Speaker 1: Open, and then people would YouTube that craft.
Speaker 6: You would go viral.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I was watching game one of the Championship Series in softball. If you allow me two minutes, because it's wild, would happen. So it's like zero zero through five or whatever, and Texas Tech and Tech sause they're playing for the championship. First time Oklahoma hasn't won it in five years, first time they haven't even been in the championship game. It's crazy. So Texas Tech has the picture that's paid a million dollars. We talked about her, Yes, first million dollar athlete. In softball, she is dominating. It's zero zero. Texas ends up giving up a run to Texas Tech and like the six, I'm a little loose with this. It goes down to the final inning and Texas ends up winning the game. But they won because Texas Tech was intentionally walking somebody and she couldn't intentionally walk.
Speaker 4: Her right, she was this the same picture.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's like she's so good she couldn't throw a ball. So the catcher intentionally walk would get up but still stay behind the plate, and they would throw the pictures high instead of like in baseball, the catcher puts his arm out to give the picture something aim to and then as they throw, they scoot out and they catch it out.
Speaker 4: There, and they can't do that in softball.
Speaker 1: And last night she would just stood up tall, and she threw the first one and intentional and it was high, and she let it go. Okay, you see the wheel start to turn. She rips it. Maybe not the next one, but the one after that. She gets a base hit, wins a game. Now on an intentional walk pitch?
Speaker 4: Was it also a high pitch? Yeah, okay, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, yes, but no. She stood up and it was a little higher, but it was a little lower than it should have been, even if you're throwing it high. Did you see the pitch, casey, No, I haven't. It was almost a strike, and she noticed it was happening and that these intentional pitches weren't as far outside or as high as they should be. Kevin, if you watch it, yeah, you're gonna go wow, that was so close to the strike zone.
Speaker 6: Got to watch his ad first.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's all the softball talk I'll do. But where are we now? Are they want to know? It's the best of three series for the championship. Texas lost two times in the last few years to Oklahoma. It was only one to nothing to it was only one to nothing.
Speaker 6: Watch your hit. Okay, they just showed one, So here's it, and it really isn't that high. The first one right, but the catcher did stand up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think they hit her like new right then like, oh yeah, maybe I have a shot here. Oh yeah, and then the girl okay, oh, second one, that's right at her letters. Man, dude, it is right at her letters.
Speaker 1: It's like borderline. It could be a it might slight ball, but it's high. But it is right there.
Speaker 4: Man, Why did she not just pitch outside?
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, third one, there was a third one. That one was the highest one so far. Okay, that was up and out. Definitely a ball. So she got to the fourth. Here's the fourth one coming. Oh my god. It was a grounder too.
Speaker 1: Like too short? Wow, between short and third?
Speaker 6: Yep, yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Dang, she pulled it between short and third.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought for sure she hit like a line drive or something the gap. No, she was a grounder.
Speaker 1: And the girls second, the girls in the infield are like, we're intentionally walking the attention. Yeah, because yeah, why would you why would you be down ready? And they were kind of ready, but you're intentionally walking someone. They're not gonna hit the ball. It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Huh, dang, that hurts.
Speaker 1: It's the best of three, right, it is best of three?
Speaker 6: But that's like a blow.
Speaker 1: I mean, so they'll play against today.
Speaker 6: How do you recover from that game?
Speaker 1: Texas Tech wins? Please Texas Tech?
Speaker 4: Oh, because you don't like Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot to tell you, guys, I hate Texas No. Yeah, I couldn't root any harder for Texas Tech, don't. I don't dislike Texas Tech. I don't like Texas Tech, but I don't dislike them. I don't have a relationship with them. It's how people feel about Arkansas, like we don't win enough to annoy people. Texas Tech doesn't win enough to annoy people. But they don't lose all the time either, so you don't feel sorry for them. It's not like remove the last couple of Years's not like Vanderbilt football, you know, or even Kentucky football before the last couple years. Four stoops got over there and made it respectable program. But yeah, there you go, crazy crazy, crazy way in that sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I watched it up until almost all of it, up until Text scored their run because there was a whole interference play to which got lucky on the call that they did review it like obstruction.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then I turned it off because I'm like, oh, this is over. She doesn't give up runs. And then I see text to score two runs and I pop it on and just watch that the highlights, And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 6: That's brutal.
Speaker 1: There's recommended ages for men to stop doing specific things. Would you like to hear them? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a recommendation, though we don't do anything.
Speaker 1: I'll give you what it is and you tell me what what you eddie the age you think should happen?
Speaker 2: Love it? Okay?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: So at Alpha M they compile the list of some of these very things and they've attached to age where it's time the guy stops doing it. Number one living with your parents? Or should I just say what year did you stop?
Speaker 2: Did you still?
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that because then it's him not playing a character or what he thinks is the best version, not a character. It's what I think. No, No, you do you with your parents? Why did you stop living with your parents? Age twenty.
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 1: You moved out twenty two? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I went to college when I was twenty two because I went to the local college. First, stayed in town, live with my parents.
Speaker 6: Would you wait for four years? You were at community college?
Speaker 4: Yes, four years, and then you went to you know, yeah, I was working. I was doing job at the new station, going to school half part time. Did that for four years, then finished two years samuseon State.
Speaker 1: So you did six years of college?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, six years? So you lived there not a doctor four Yeah. They say that's a twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you're nineteen twenty twenty. Yeah, I went to college twenty two.
Speaker 1: But you just said you did six years of college. Yes, that'll be twenty four if you spent all six years I graduate.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, So you lived.
Speaker 1: A home until twenty four?
Speaker 4: We wit did twenty four years old? Yeah, I lived at hometel. It's twenty four. But I mean my parents were very cool.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I hear you.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you try to get away with one there at twenty four.
Speaker 4: No, I just forgot dude, it's been a long time.
Speaker 1: How long did you live in home?
Speaker 6: I was twenty three when I got back from college.
Speaker 1: One year.
Speaker 6: But I'm not lying here. I went to call. I went to community college.
Speaker 4: For three wasn't in a line. I was trying to remember it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I went to university and came back and.
Speaker 8: Live on my ode.
Speaker 1: I was seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had to go.
Speaker 1: You gotta gotta.
Speaker 4: Didn't you tell your did you say?
Speaker 1: Like they didn't know where I was going to college all the day before I left and I was like, hey, guys, I'm going to college. And he just walked out the door and yeah. My mom was like really. I was like yeah, I said, I'm going I'll be living like two hours away. All right, cool, when are you leaving tomorrow? Okay?
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 4: It's like Rudy packed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I had like three things, packed up a few clothes and went and lived in the dorm.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty five. They say, oh okay, yeah, recommended age. You got to stop doing.
Speaker 4: That's what we're all in. We're all in the wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that twenty five seams old for that.
Speaker 4: It is, man, I want all my kids out eighteen done.
Speaker 6: But like, do you count I know plenty people that moved down at say eighteen nineteen twenty and then move back in maybeh they were twenty two to twenty three for a couple of years, because they're like, oh, I don't know if I can do this.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think that's fine because you have intentions of doing it yourself. And if there is a struggle and you need assistance, I think it's okay to move back home and receive assistance from your parents.
Speaker 9: Ok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you stay for more than a couple of years, it's no longer assistance. That's just you enjoying the stability. And I wonder if the parents like that, Like, I know parents like to have their kids around, but move back in.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want my kids moving back.
Speaker 1: In until they're all gone.
Speaker 4: Dude. Yeah, and I might change.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe some of them you want to move back in. Some them you want to be gone. It's a good point too, and it's not because you love them anymore or less, but some are just easier than others. Yeah, twenty five unless you're attending school, caring for your parents, or another valid reason taking money from your parents. At what age did you stop doing that? Fully?
Speaker 2: Atti forty?
Speaker 1: Now, Remember I know a lot about you.
Speaker 4: I know you do so to call you out.
Speaker 1: I know a lot about taking money.
Speaker 4: If I'm taking.
Speaker 1: Money any hell, but all any assistance to your parents. So like, if my dad gave me his car, that would count as But if he gave it to give it to you just once, the last thing he gave you would count is that if it were like a lump gift, like a gift gift.
Speaker 4: But I was paying on the car, so I took over the payments.
Speaker 1: But he gave me the car, so I'd say, but I would say that's a lump gift that since you are going to pay That lump gift is when he gives you the car, not the entire duration of having the car, because then you're paying on it. I like it. When did we move here thirteen?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So yeah, twenty thirteen, I'd say a year after we moved here. That's when I cut so around age thirty five? Yeah, okay, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last year when I bought my house, they helped me with the down payment.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 6: Thirty four? So it was thirty three of the time.
Speaker 1: You're edging Eddie on all these Yeah, he's barely beddy me.
Speaker 2: It's weird. Fourteen, oh man.
Speaker 6: So this actually be like a spoiled child.
Speaker 1: No, youse, guys are good. I mean you would have taken it if it was available for you, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course I'm not hating on anybody for taking it. You are your environment. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wish I had it. I'm resentful that.
Speaker 4: I didn't question for Kevin, did you ask for it or was it given to you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: They gave it to me. Yeah, they said, like we've been saving for this, like we've wanted to do this.
Speaker 1: Here's one that I will not look that good. Video games. I mean, when did you stop playing them this morning? And I haven't stopped this. I mean that's mostly the last time I've played was this morning. Now I don't it doesn't matter what I don't do, because it's the same. If you play, you play. I don't get online and play with people I don't know. I don't even play online at all.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 1: I do have PGA. I've been playing that a little bit. It's what I do if I wake up at two in the mornings. My separator like to get my brain to stop being crazy. So there's a difference though, Like you're a gamer, yeah, I play, I play PlayStation yeah, you're a gamer. I played three games, mostly one game, which is football, so either Madden or College, well depends. This last year was all college, no Madden, but it's been Madden in the past. I got on a big two K kick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In the last couple of months, played no football. Just fired up PGA because I'm bored with basketball, because I guess because basketball is over too. I mean it's a final game.
Speaker 6: Football. I'm ready for football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, video game so still currently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I played my son last week.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I don't know, maybe ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what's your age?
Speaker 6: Thirty four?
Speaker 1: They say twenty four is about the time you should stop.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, nailed it, There we go. But I think that's unfair because I think gaming has turned from just playing Atari and Donkey Kong for just recreational. The people actually like, make a career off this.
Speaker 2: If you're good, you're making a career. I'm not.
Speaker 1: But I know somebody, I'm an idiot. I'm a dope. Like I'm somebody they're talking to. I'm a dopey.
Speaker 6: He plays for the Nets team. They have like a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they draft real players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he like fis back there for the season and plays and just paid a bunch of money.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a period where I couldn't play because I had a family, you know, like a family, and.
Speaker 1: You still have a family.
Speaker 4: But I can play with my kids though, I know, but you know what I mean, like even then babies like Kevin can't play with his babies.
Speaker 1: I remind you, I know too much about you, because there was a time when Eddie had babies and you'd hear a baby crying in the back and be like, hold on, pose it. Yeah, he would pause it, or he'd play holding the baby like he'd have the baby on it was yeah, yeah, So there really wasn't an era of no playing, just strategically different playing. Okay, partying, They're fine partying, it says, to be clear. Everybody loves a good party, but the days of making it an every other weekend type thing should probably be done by the time you're blank. I'll give you their age. But when did you stop partying? So let's say twice a month drinking more than four beers in a setting.
Speaker 4: I mean party do when we hit the road, I would party. I would say I stopped at four forty forty.
Speaker 6: Uh three weeks ago when I had the kids. Yeah, you're not just for now, No, I'm not. I'm ready to go with video games this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah for me the day I was infant.
Speaker 2: Never I was born.
Speaker 6: Yeahout the womb.
Speaker 1: Financial responsibility is kind of a different one. Hooking up marriage, Did you stop hooking up?
Speaker 6: Does not do that?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one I'm not gonna farewell at. Come on, dressing like a teenager?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think it's just like jerseys and stuff like as I have one on it too, be fair. I've put this on for this specifically, that sideway out there.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'd say, when did I stop doing it? I mean I was dressed. I dressed not like a teenager, like ever really, so I would say twenty five, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean maybe late twenties, thirty. But then you don't really start until you get a female in your life that tells you like, hey, this is a good way to dress. Then you're like, okay, I agree. But I don't know if I was dressing a teenager before, but I definitely am dressing better now.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably a better way to describe it, Like immaturely dressing, yeah, instead of like a teenager, because I don't dress like a teenager. But it's like, I have a job in the creative world and I wear what works in that space. Sure, I definitely have a uniform ish now, but I used to just wear hoodies and pajamas and whatever I wanted because I never had to do anything else.
Speaker 4: And what age was that?
Speaker 1: Well yesterday? I mean I still can there there's no judgment on what I wear because I work in a creative space. So yeah, that one I lose on big time. See if we do one more waiting for the perfect timing, what does that mean? It's like, when did you decide? Eh, that really isn't a perfect timing for anything? Less' just going to do it.
Speaker 4: You insinuate in like a marriage.
Speaker 1: Marriage, have a kid, make a big job.
Speaker 4: Choice kid wasn't planned. I think a lot aren't. The wedding for me, was it? And I got married at twenty nine? Yeah, twenty eight, twenty nine, that's what you'd say. That's my age where I was just like, yeah, you, Kevin.
Speaker 6: When I moved to Nashville four years ago, when I was just like, oh, I can wait until this and this and my money's right and this, and then and I was like, you know what, dropped everything and left and came here.
Speaker 1: That's a weird question. I don't think I ever waited for the perfect timing. There were things I thought would never happen. I never thought I would get married, just because I never saw like a successful marriage, because I'd have a model of that growing up. So and then I never just met anybody. I was like, I'm not sacrificing anything for these as.
Speaker 4: Something our uncles would say, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So never in my mind until I my wife, did I think that there would be a human that would make me at least want to sacrifice part of what I was doing professionally for that other human. So I never waited. I just never thought it would happen. So it's like I was like, I'll never get married, and I didn't think I would ever have a kid, and we're not waiting for any perfect timing for that either will eventually have kids. But I don't know that I've ever waited on timing or anything, because I've always felt like I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I want, even as a kid. And it's like, but I always felt like the world was completely bendable, and I was two good decisions away from something awesome happening, two good strategic decisions and a bunch of healthy choices away from something awesome happening. And so, yeah, perfect timing not with thing, because I always felt like I could be quicker than even the timing would told me on the positive side of it, more than if you wait too long, you know. That's Do you ever see Idiocracy? No so idiot a movie? He has a Mike Judge movie. And the whole point of idiocracy is all the idiots are having a million kids, and all the people that are waiting for the perfect timing, like the really educated, worldly people, like we're gonna wait to the perfect moment. But what happens is because there are so many idiots having all these idiotic kids, they end up taking over the world. And all the really educational they have, there's like four educated children because everybody waited for perfect timing. That's got a great cast, Yeah, super famous the movie. Yeah, concept is awesome.
Speaker 4: Mike Judge is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, thanks for playing along, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 4: Thanks for putting us on front Street. I put myself there yeah.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 1: Shak revealed his NBA all time goat list before I read you his Just give me your top three NBA players of all time, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Michael Jordan, Lebron James, and Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 6: Kevin Uh, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, and Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan's on your top three.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm still too young. I don't remember it. I remember him as a wizard.
Speaker 1: You don't have to remember him. Like if you said, name ten great baseball players, I put baby Bruce.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think you meant like in our lifetime, just in general. Yes, who's the greatest?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 6: Go Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan, Lebron j Michael Jordan, then Kobe, then Lebron.
Speaker 1: I would go, Lebron, Jordan, Kobe. Oh so we all have the same three, same three, different order. Here's Shacks one. Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: That's interesting because he's always argued for Kobe like clips that I've seen is always just like a timeless Yeah, I've seen him actually say that.
Speaker 1: He has Michael Jordan one, Kobe at two. There you go, three Lebron. Who'd you guys put it for.
Speaker 4: I'd say Kareem Larry Bird, Yeah, Magic.
Speaker 1: I think this point, I think there's a Steph argument.
Speaker 4: I mean there is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has won four titles. He did change how basketball has played. Even if you're annoyed with all the three pointers, like he changed it. Agreed, Steph is the guy, Magic Johnson, he has his four, Bill Russell at five, Well, Bird, Hakeem Duncan, Julius Irving.
Speaker 4: Duncan's in there. That's awesome. He didn't put himself in there. Interesting.
Speaker 1: He starts his list saying he put himself at number ten, but then he removed himself on making the list. But even at ten, I'm surprised. Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't put himself at like three or maybe four. Yeah, you know, if I'm going to think about it, I think Shaq gets a top five player ball. I think Shaq is maybe four. Him and Steph I think are in that same like next up to be in the greatest. They're not the greatest because that I think we all can agree. It's Jordan Lebron and Kobe and whatever or you want to put it in. But I think there's that second tier, and I think Shaq is in the second tier, and so a step and so is Kareem, and so is the team and Magic and Bird. Yeah that's that second tier, not god tier, but a tier. Yeah yeah, that's fine. All right, Let's take a break real quick. NBA Finals are here. Your last chance to bet on the NBA until next season is now. And with Draft King Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA, we're pulling out all the stops to make this a finals. To remember, one team will be crown champ and the other will be lost to history. Who you got winning it all?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Put your expertise to the test. All season long, Draft Kings has been the go to spot for NBA player props and that doesn't stop now. Who's going to carry their team to the championship? Try placing a bet for someone to drop thirty or forty, maybe even over fifty points. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft King Sports Book app. Lock in your bets, finish the season as a winner. Don't miss your last chance to bet on the NBA this season. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook gapp. Use the code Bobby Sports. That is the code Bobby Sports for new customers to get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks, yet three hundred bucks in bonus bets if you win when you only bet five bucks only on draft kings the Crown of Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Y or text hope and Y has four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help was available for problem gambling call eighty eight seventy nine seven to seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boodo Casino in Resort Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bet expires one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, have a game for you guys. Who's seen the game? Have you seen the game? Kevin? No, Mike, I said, don't show Vin? Right, Yeah, no one's seen it.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool, let's go.
Speaker 1: So I will read you a quote. Can you tell me who said it?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: Is an athlete, there could be an it's everything is in sports. Okay, at seven of these, I need you to tell me exactly who said it?
Speaker 4: Are we writing down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna need to round one. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.
Speaker 4: I mean, how specific do any I need to know the name of the person said it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Yeah, man, that's stupid, Kevin.
Speaker 6: I haven't I have a face in my mind, but I can't think of a name.
Speaker 1: If you have no name, run down, there's no opportunity to get a point. Okay, I'm ready, case you in. Yeah, Kevin, your answer David Hasselhoff Classic. He would lifeguarding be a sport?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: That's not a sport. Swimming would be, but lifeguardening, No, Casey, I'm gonna go Vince Lambardi Eddie.
Speaker 4: It's Kyle Chandler, but he's coach. I don't know his name, so I wrote down mccringleberry.
Speaker 1: Classic, coach, mccringleberry. What's the greatest Christmas Time coach of all? Coach Coach Taylor Friday. They are coach Taylor Friday night.
Speaker 4: I saw that dude the bathroom in a movie theater. Kyle Chandler, you say, what up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: It was just a moment where I just like forgot that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Know me, Coachberry and I know I don't know him, but like I've seen the show, so I was just like, what's up, dude. He's like, hey, Okay, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Next up? Who said it? I'm just here so I won't get fined? Ready, Yeah, my transfers down, Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm in.
Speaker 10: I'm in, Casey, mister, Marshawn Lynch, Eddie Mark, Shawn Lynch, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Yep, beast Mode, Marsham Good.
Speaker 4: I'm here so I won't get fine legendary.
Speaker 1: Next up. I've missed more than nine thousand shots in my career. That's why I succeed.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 6: I'm ready to Kevin Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're thinking of the Michael Scott quote. That's a quote of ran Wayne Gretzky's quote, you miss every shot you don't take. I know that there's two that's what you're thinking of. It's not way, that's Wayne Gretzky. Okay, then I know who it, Casey.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go with Kobe Bryant also incorrect, Eddie, I put Kobe down.
Speaker 1: He correct Michael Jordan.
Speaker 6: With Michael or Wayne one of the two. Yeah, not Michael Scott though.
Speaker 1: Next up. A team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you have to earn.
Speaker 2: Let's just see what sticks.
Speaker 1: Very famous quote. A team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you earn.
Speaker 2: Let me know when you're in. I'm in, Oh man, I guess I'm in. One more.
Speaker 6: Type of team is something you belong to.
Speaker 1: A team is something you belong to, something you feel, you have to earn.
Speaker 9: Like that.
Speaker 4: Did you say it like they say it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: If I were saying it like that, I would go. A team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you have to earn.
Speaker 4: Good that makes it?
Speaker 6: If I'm ready, Kevin Kurt Russell, what.
Speaker 4: Wait, you wouldn't like for a character?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 11: Not the person who said it, Casey, I was gonna say al Pacino from any given Sunday.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't need al Pacino's name and the.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: That's why it's Vince Lombardi actually coach Gordon Bombay.
Speaker 1: From The Mighty play by Emilia.
Speaker 6: See how okay, I have the right sport. At least.
Speaker 1: There's no at least and there's no I was gonna say those are my pet peeves, like when you missing. I was gonna say this instead, half a point, next step. I don't play defense. I let the other guys tire themselves out. I don't play defense. I let the other guys tire themselves out.
Speaker 4: Mh, I'm in me too. Could you say like he says it, I.
Speaker 1: Don't play defense. I'll let the other guys tire themselves out. Dang, I'm wrong, man, I know.
Speaker 6: Kevin, I don't know why I'm going j R. Smith.
Speaker 4: I thought Lawrence Taylor, but now I'm thinking mister t After.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm Eddie, I have Dick Bush. No, it's patches of Hula Han from dodgeball. My, oh my gosh, dodgeball coach, you.
Speaker 2: Know it comes in.
Speaker 1: You can dodge w rench, you can do Okay, Okay, I'm not worried about the pressure. Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 6: I'm ready, I'm in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I need too, Casey, I'm gonna go Brady, Kevin, Larry Bird, Eddie, Kobe, Chuck Nole.
Speaker 1: One more coach. Yeah, one more, great moments are born from great opportunity. Can you say like he says, great moments are born from great opportunity, I'm ready and the origin that is Latin.
Speaker 8: I'm in.
Speaker 1: I guess, I'm in Casey. Uh, Phil Jackson, I guess all.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Kevin tom Brady, did you go with your boyfriend every time? That's the only time I said, you're the boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Eddie?
Speaker 4: I put Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 1: It's Herb Brooks played by Kurt Russell and miracles.
Speaker 2: That's so dum.
Speaker 1: Did anybody get any of them right?
Speaker 4: We all got so, we tied, we all got a makeout.
Speaker 1: Now wait, no, you.
Speaker 2: It goes.
Speaker 1: We didn't agree to that.
Speaker 4: I'm on Casey, but I do agree.
Speaker 1: Now, I do agree now, Pacers and Thunder this is and I do think the ratings will be better than what everybody's saying. They're going to be as far as bad. I think all that talk about how bad they are helping them actually be better. Yeah, yeah, and I think that'll be interesting. Do you see where the plane the Pacers, maybe the Thunder's plane whatever, they were going through a storm and had to turn around. Really yeah, they're very close to each other. There's like Missouri to separates that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they could take a bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were flying and the storm was so bad that they like turn around.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's the first time that two markets outside the top twenty in side of the Messa's nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I do think that all of the attention there will be no attention is creating more attention, and I think that's fine. Yeah, I think it'll be a fun series. And then Halliburton's dad's not allowed, right, isn't he allowed back now? It was allowed in the suites. Yeah, I think he's allowed back. Oh so he can't get into the lower level. I think the one role they've put on him is no punching other players. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the role he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a ow to not be on the on the floor or in the court, but in a swite only. So yeah, there you have it. Lebron reveals the biggest problem with youth sports today. I'll ask you, how do you have kids in youth sports? What's the biggest problem the parents? The parents and their expectations for their kids. I think they put too much pressure on their kids when really the kids, I think more than half of the kids don't even really want to play youth sports at the level that they play. That's interesting that that's where you go with parents. I thought you would say parents because they won't shut up, like screaming at the refs or the amps or the kids and fighting with each other.
Speaker 4: That happens too, But I think that they that gets regulated, you know, like nothing really escalates to anything when that happens. Yes, their parents verbal like say like I was talking to a ref the other day and I was like, how the parents today? Actually the parents a pretty good today. You know, certain tournaments the parents are really bad, but today was pretty tamed.
Speaker 1: Lebron says from the Mind the Game podcast, he says that it's too many kids and it could be parent based. Too many kids are focused on one sport all year round and they get burned out because it's all one sport all the time. That when he was in school, I mean Lebron was like the number one football player in Ohio as well, so that he played all the sports. And so even your coaches. We've talked to coaches at a high level that want kids to play all the sports because you actually learn a lot of skills in the other sports. But yeah, his thing that could be also a tribute to their parents to at making a kid sure just do one sports, or only allowing a kid to just do one sport.
Speaker 4: The only reason we've ever done that is because we have four kids and were already divide and conquer, where like my wife and I take my wife takes two kids to one practice, I'll take another kid to practice, and it's too much. And so if we're going to be doing multiple sports all year, some of those sports overlap, so they get penalized private siblings. No, So I tell them, like, pick your two top sports, and that's what we're going to do. And they all knix baseball except the baby. The little one still plays baseball, but the other two are like, we don't need baseball, so they do football and basketball.
Speaker 1: Nothing that's fine or else.
Speaker 6: Like if we were else, if we only had two kids, nobody even asked about it, or else.
Speaker 1: We were gonna move on. No, I don't hit it.
Speaker 2: I don't hit it.
Speaker 4: We just thought about this so much if we had two kids, like, yeah, you can do three sports, you can do four sports. You want to do hockey, fine, we have four kids and it's just too chaotic for us.
Speaker 1: How'd you feel about the next firing Thibodeaux, Casey.
Speaker 11: You know, I mean it was a little shocking, but honestly, I feel like, you know, Thibodeau just seems like the kind of guy that can get you know, he's a culture changer and you can kind of take your team to a you know, a new height and get you into the postseason. But I think this Indiana series was a big indicator of that. This five man thing, this five man starter thing with no bench at all and not starting any bench players just it just doesn't work. I mean, Indiana's depth was just just too much for the NIXT to handle. And then you know, in games three and four, Tips is starting to throw in some of our bench players like Landry Shammitt who like never played at all and stuff like that, and I think it just really showed that he's just too stubborn and he just kind of is, you know, a stickler of his ways. And I think if the Knicks and you know, Leon Rose said this when you became the president of basketball operations, that he's here to win a championship, not just to be good. So you know, we had to make a change.
Speaker 1: It's weird to be Thibodeau and reach a new height and then be fired after you reach the new height. It does seem to me again, I'm from ten thousand feet because you can look at Thibodeaux with the Bulls or with Minnesota Town twice. Yeah, that's a fuse though, right, eventually the fuse burns out, like yeah, you only have when you have a personality like that that seems to work for a bit and then it doesn't anymore. It's just odd that he takes the Knicks back to a place that they really rarely have been in our lifetime, even they haven't won a championship in our lifetime.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean New York radio is definitely divided on it, but I think more people are now leaning towards you know that it that it needed to happen. He had to rip the band aid off. So now we're looking at this guy Johnny Bryant, who was like the assistant.
Speaker 2: Coach and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rick, Ricky, but yeah, we'll see it's going to be an interesting coach. In search. I saw that Rick Patino was getting interviewed, and he was like, I have I want.
Speaker 1: No part in that. So he lives there already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a fan, but he doesn't want all the all the smoke.
Speaker 1: I guess what about all the Nova guys? Jay Wright? I know too.
Speaker 11: I know some people were saying him too, but I feel like he wouldn't want it either. I don't think you think he's got a good gig going. What about Sharlot Timoth, Yeah, Timothy.
Speaker 4: Spike, Lee like Lee?
Speaker 8: That great?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Kylie Jenner?
Speaker 4: Kylie, Yeah, great three point range game?
Speaker 5: You know all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Perfect? Yeah, yeah, Eddie.
Speaker 1: How's your kids basketball team? You're coaching him?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had our first doubleheader.
Speaker 1: I expect thirty point wins every game. You said, you are stacked. We are so stacked, and I expected the same thing. In our first game, we got slaughtered. I mean it was really at one point it was a a thirty five point game. Oh and in the half, and I'm like, this is not good. Why what was happening?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: So I was under the understanding that so the way six year olds plays, they play wristbands, right, so like they all have different color wristbands and your red covers their red. That's just how it goes. Like it's just training purposes for kids that really don't know too much about basketball. It's like, you just play defense on your color, you cannot play defense on any of the other color kids. So the other team wasn't playing like that, and the refs weren't calling it like that.
Speaker 1: And so were they just matching up? Then the coach was like, hey, you match up on this kid, You match up on this kid. Are they playing zone or what?
Speaker 4: They were just playing whoever has the ball?
Speaker 6: Swarm them?
Speaker 4: Oh, and hey, not stop blitz. It did not stop press like cool team press. And I'm like, I tell the ref I'm like, hey, what's the point of the wristbands? He's like, I think it's so they know who they're guarding. But who cares dude?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, we're gonna play who got it? And so at that point we played who cares? Too? So we scored like ten twelve more points is a little closer, but we still got slaughtered. That was the first game. Second game, who cares Dude? I went, boys, we're playing who cares?
Speaker 2: Defense?
Speaker 8: Got it? Nice?
Speaker 4: Whoever has the ball that's not their ball? That's your ball. And then one of the kids looks at me as a coach, are you saying steal the ball? And I'm saying that ball is yours. You grab it and you take it to the hoop and score. That's all they needed to hear, dude. And that second game we dominated. I would run through a wall for you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: They dominated.
Speaker 1: So would you have five men going at the ball.
Speaker 4: I mean no, because I don't want to leave a good player open under the hoop. So I'd say, like, three of you guys swarm the ball to stay back.
Speaker 1: But which so would you? Would it be a designated two? I ran a three to two defense, got it? So the two that are playing like the four and the five, Yeah, they stayed back.
Speaker 4: They stayed back to guard the the your league, dude, I'm telling you. These reps were like, do what every want? And then one of them is like, dude, I'm a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 1: I love your hat.
Speaker 4: And I said, dude, it's our year. Yeah, and he winked at me. He's like, do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you got it, dang. Maybe you find out who the ref is. Look on their instagram toe who their team is. Far that had every week. Yeah, so you think now that you understand how the games are being played, you'll be able to play as well. Could you beat the first team if you'd don't know who Cares?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I think we could have because the team we beat beat the first team.
Speaker 1: So do you have them ready for both? Because the league might end up switching back if but enough parents can play in on who Cares, you may have to go back to wristbands. So are they ready both ways?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I think what my plan is going to be is, yes, we'll get ready both ways. But I think I'm gonna get there a game early, watch who the refs are, how they're refing. Yeah, and then that'll be the game plan. So you will have them ready? Oh no, we'll be right if it's wristband or if it's Who Cares. And another thing too, is they were screening like the kids. It's six year old. Basketball screens are not allowed. Every single time we've done again, I have four boys, They've all played six year old basketball screens are not allowed.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: These guys are allowing everything. So guess what we're doing Sunday at practice we're learning screen pocket knives.
Speaker 1: Oh screens yeah, screene yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, dang one on one.
Speaker 4: But dude, what I told the kids, like, this is the one time that you can steal, and you tell your parents that no stealing candy at the store, don't steal anything, don't steal someone's wallet. But that ball today is yours.
Speaker 1: I don't think you needed to do the whole don't steal the wallet. The kids could have said.
Speaker 4: No, because I think they were confused. Dude. They were like, so, you're telling us it's okay to steal.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think they know there's a difference and like stealing.
Speaker 6: Right, well, I've legit never thought about that until Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about it either. But really they're taught their whole lives not to steal, and I'm like, no, no, no, today, their whole lives you are stealing.
Speaker 1: They're probably also taught not to block, like block people walking through, right, you can block a shot?
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't realize that, so I have to spell it out for well written for you guys. Man, Dude, I think from here on album on ESPN plus they show everything. Yeah, any chance that's ESPN? Oh choe, all right, we're done. Thank you guys for being here. We hope you go and you subscribe to twenty five Whistles. If you're hearing this on the Bobby Bone Show feed, it would help us tremendously if you subscribed on the twenty five Whistles feed.
Speaker 1: That's it for now. We'll see you guys early next week. I hope you guys have a great rest of the day, and goodbye everybody, and go Arkansas Baseball and go Oklahoma City Thunder and keep winning Cubs. That's the parleg Yeah, just really right now, I'm focusing on two things. Thunder in Arkansas baseball.
Speaker 4: That was a good time.
Speaker 1: Arkansas baseball could lose it by the time we're back. So first Arkansas baseball. Okay, all right, by everybody. Hello Eddie. Theme song written by Bobby Bones. That's me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin and executive producer at Mike Diestro. But most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles