Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckmaharrison, De Montrey Moore, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Yo Draft Day right here from the Star in friscoth to BBC podcast Studio. The Dallas Cowboys right now are on the clock at twelfth. Heck Maharrison is here, I'm new he Scruggs. It's just two for now. It just it just takes two to make the thing go right. Let's do it. Yeah, so we'll do that. Let's do it. You know what.
Speaker 4: We work with the Willie right, that's all we can do.
Speaker 2: Mike Donald says, many are capable, but how many are willing? How many old willing?
Speaker 5: Okay, good question, some good question, brother nuiy Yes, yes man. How are you feeling on this on this Draft Thursday? Another one which how many drafts? Is just for you as a media guy. Know, it's like in the it's got to be somewhere in the forties thirties.
Speaker 2: Where are you right now? It's in the it's in the it's in the upper twenties. Yeah, but the I'm not excited. I'm not excited. I'm not excited. Are you serious. I'm looking forward to it because it's the draft, but I'm not excited because I've come into these before where we think there's this consensus. You read most of them my drafts, and they'll tell you Troy McMillan, wide receiver, Arizona, the Cowboys twelve. I see a lot of those, or it hits Matthew Golden. Yeah, that takes me back to Patrick's for Tam. A lot of people have the Cowboys taken here. They had J. C. Horn. It was it, that was it. It didn't happen, No, it just happened. And I think this is just me having covered the Cowboys so long and knowing that so many people pay attention to them, that in some ways you almost feel like it pushes up certain players. Here, the Broncos taking Certainnaday Defensive Player of the Year last year, the Hiccups Carolina almost seemingly out of nowhere, Matt Ruhle, who needed a quarterback, takes Horn. So when I see Tech McMillan Golden, I'm almost to the point of an air beating, you don't think so. I don't think McMillan will be there.
Speaker 5: What if you're in a scenario of all of those players being available to you at twelve, you got t mac and Golden staring staring at you right in the face. And let me make it a little bit even more juicier, you have Ashton Genty sitting there also when you get ready to pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now let me just say it. You're throwing the scenario out there. If the scenario is there, the gentis there, he's the pick. But I'm going into this, I do not believe there are are eleven general managers willing to say Ashton Genty is not one of the top elem I don't believe that. I also don't believe that about Ted Rod McMillan either. I don't think that there are I don't think there's gonna be eleven general man to say, you know, man, just do it, ain't it. He's a good football player. The head coach of Washington, Jetfish, who was at Arizona, said, Hey, I was at Jacksonville and I went to the Johnny Manziel workout where we saw Evans catching passes and Mike Evans, in my opinion, is putting up a Hall of Fame resume. I don't know if he gets into Canton, but his name will be in a conversation where they debated when he starts to look at all of his career, the numbers, the Super Bowl championship, He's got that there, and Jetfish is saying he has those traits, he looks like him. Who's the head coach in Jacksonville, Liam Cohen? Where was he at Tampa Bay? And it's easy as a offensive head coach to come in here and say, hey, man, I got this quarterback who we've paid a lot of money to, who's eh, maybe I want that. Maybe I can game plan around that. So I think Jacksonville could easily take a technic millk Now, they've got some other needs, of course they do. But if I've invested all this money into this quarterback, let me help him out some more and help him with a big old target. And if I look at the best of Trevor Lawrence at Clemson have big targets, Nook.
Speaker 5: I just feel like at the top team of this draft, you're going to have a team that's going to make a mistake. They always do are they always reach for a player that they don't And a lot of times I feel like it's just been conventional wisdom that it's hard to make a mistake at the top ten because of the talent acquisition that you get, you typically getting the cream of the crop. But within that top five, there are always teams that always come up a little bit short of getting a guy that does performer to what you believed pre draft what he was. And So when I look at the draft this year, especially the top twelve, top thirteen teams, I say, who are those teams that are one player away from absolutely breaking through? And if you go back year over year, it's probably that top five last year. I'll give you plast example last year. That team, to me were the Washington Commanders. The Washington Commanders last season where where they were one player away from being able to break through this thing.
Speaker 2: What do they do? They go in and they get a quarterback rail sunshine opens up.
Speaker 5: Everything completely changes the trajectory of where that franchise is going.
Speaker 2: Right now, who's that team this year? Stay with what you did with Washington. When I went back and I looked at their draft, special that they did afterwards and they released it. They knew from they knew early on Jane Nails our guy, but they played it out like they of course they have to, you have And so to me, that's where I'm thinking of some of these players man teams right at sandback. I remember Joey Bolsa went to the Chargers. He was their guy the whole time they sandbagged, And so that's why I'm just you know, when I keep hearing names to the Cowboys here and it's just like, oh, yep, yeah, he's gonna slide Sli's almost like play the teams are front.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, go right ahead, go right ahead if that's your guy. And I think there's a lot of gamesman ship in that. But to the point that I'm making that even this season, the Cleveland Browns, to me, are that one team in the top five that really can't mess this up.
Speaker 2: They can't. They got to get this pick right.
Speaker 5: And if they're able to say, acquire a quarterback, get a quarterback, which they absolutely need, you look at all the rest of the talent that they have on their roster, that's the one team that can push you, propel you to that level in the AFC of getting to a championship the Cowboys. To me, right now, sitting at twelve, there are so many blaring needs for the quarter for the Cowboys, And I'm just gonna say it. It's in your interior line, it's in your offensive line, it's in your defensive line. So when we even talk about a t MAC, even when we talk about a Golden I understand these guys are very talented. And when you make the Mike Evans comp that just makes me go, oh god, that's hard to pass up on it. That guy's sitting there at twelve. But what about your needs sitting there at twelve?
Speaker 2: So they keep on signing offensive linemen? So okay, throw bodies at it. Okay, we see that right now, they're gonna throw bodies at it. To me, Cleveland, there's if cam wored goes number one to Tennessee as expected, Cleveland, the card is already it's already filled out. It says Travis Hunter. There is no other option in my mind. In my mind, having watched him play in person and spending the kind of time I have around my boy. Dennis Thurmant, who was at Colorado and Jackson State, dynamic. There's no first off, Tennessee's messing up, might not taking it. That's best player to draft.
Speaker 5: Period period, okay, and and and me agreeing with you only I'm just trying to push this conversation down the road because I understand that he is. But when you're Cleveland, if you're if you're Cleveland right now, based off of your defensive line, your linebackers, everything that you have, what is the one piece that you're gonna need to get you past the Pittsburgh's and the Baltimore's of the world. Who's going to be the Cincinnaties of the world. It's not a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, But.
Speaker 5: But you saw the exact opposite, opposite happen when we were just talking about the smmanders.
Speaker 2: So okay, and that guy's not there. Cam Ward's not Jayalen Daniels. None of these guys, none of these guys in this draft, Sanders, none of these guys are what Jay Daniels was. J Dan's Jayden danils a bad man now.
Speaker 5: But see you're using what you've seen from him in the pros coming out of college out of LSU. You didn't even have him great at that high L s U.
Speaker 2: L s U. I thought he was a baller. Of course, of all, I'm around Danny McCrae and around Brian Brown. Don't like those guys have any influence on what you don't do that today? They don't. The young man, No, I like the I like the young man. I mean going back to in Arizona State, I mean the guy. The guy was a good football player. Caleb Williams to me was more of a debate. But to me, between Daniels and Drake May, I loved both of those play both. To me, both of them like these are two When you say franchise guy, draft, that's what you do. Caleb Williams to me was more of a wild card and still is just because all that stuff that was going on out in USC and then unfortunately for him, you got a general manager who didn't give him any help up front. I still think he'd beat a football player. But I mean I was at that two lane Cotton Bowl game. You can't lose that game. Can't lose that game. Yeah, under stands stand with your mom. Yeah, I would have questions. There's a bunch of questions. We would have a lot of questions one. But but you know, drake Man and Daniels, these were I look at these are two guys. These are two guys, and both teams took the players and there are no question marks for about those players.
Speaker 5: Bringing it full full circle to tonight, I just feel like there's gonna be a lot of movement at the top part of this draft. There are going to be teams that may trade out to trade down because they're not sure about the guy that they're going to get. I mean, there's a lot of questions about the Michigan defensive lineman. There are a lot of questions about it. No, no, I'm just saying this is what I'm saying. If okay, if Mason Graham guys is at twelve, there are some cowboy fans right now that are just.
Speaker 2: SI and another one. I agree with you what you want ideally as a walking starter, absolutely, and if you drafted that kid from Michigan, he's a guy that goes into your rotation. Matter fact, may replace the guy from Michigan who is your number one pick in due time. Good football player, great really really good football, great motor, everything about him. And ultimately I think you and I would tell this to the Cowboy fan base. If Will McLay stands in front of a microphone and tells you Mason Grant from Michigan can play, do not judge him off Carlton the Taco Charlton or Mozie Smith. Judge him off his work, then you would believe Will. Of course I would believe Will, and so if that happens, then I would do it the same way when Will was like Zach Martin is the right pick for us. Trustin Will McClay and what he does. No matter what you want to say about them as a playoff team the last decade, you cannot argue with their draft process. The last decade, you can't. They are one of the best drafting teams in the National Football League. Dallas, Kansas City, San Francisco. Look at him when you talk about homegrown players who are making Pro Bowls and All Pros, and the Cowboys are doing that. Last year, Tyler Geiden was not what people want. Okay, got to go back another year too. But you go back and you say, what about Tyler Smith When that was panned universally, they were right. Tyler Smith is as Tyron Smith said the next one. So there you go all right, we got you our first break in here. Who is the pick you want at twelve? Hech Maherson your dream pick? Coming up to twelve, I'll give you mind. I'm new he Scruggs. This is a players lounge brought you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels.
Speaker 2: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new.
Speaker 6: Experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spice Brum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan, Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day canes rules, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, enjoying on stage Q and a session, and even be a part of a live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or l Pass so mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com Cheerleaders Slash Tour.
Speaker 2: Ah right, heck Maharrison. Appreciate that you are in the Players Loune to this Draft Day Thursday, Draft first Round, Thursday, Round Friday, rounds four through seven coming Saturday. So the Cowboys are sitting on the clock at twelve. Jerry Jones in the press conference this week said, Hey, we're working on two trades. We're going on two potential trades. Uh, they are open to trader down So Trader Jerry is in full effect. Just to let you know how much that happens. We'll see trades you need partners, somebody to dance with. And one of the conversations on the Draft show, which is really good, catch it out Dallas Cowboys dot com. They spoke about Denver and some needs that the Denver Broncos have and Sean Payton's willingness to move up in drafts. And oh, by the way, they know Sean Payton. So Denver sitting at twenty. If you're the Cowboys, would you go from twelve to twenty and you can pick up a second round pick? I mean, what would you do? So there's options. There's a lot of things that could happen in this draft, but right now we'll work through the standpoint of they're at twelve, at twelve, right now, who is your dream pick for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: You know, I've said it before when I think about this team and what they need, and all off season, all I've been hearing about is wide receivers and running backs. And I'm still sticking to my to my guns on what I believe that this team needs, and that's a defensive tackle, and for me, the best defensive tackle because I believe Mason Graham is Mason Graham is not going to be there it's going to be Walter Nolan from O miss A six four, three and three pounds. He has the body, the prototypical body for an inside guy, guy that you can move in and out, and it helps this defense. This defense absolutely needs help on the second half of the DBS. You need a guy that's going to be even be able to help Micah Allow. That allows for coach eber Flush to be able to do multiple things with Michael when you have those guys upfront that can gobble up those offensive linemen. And Walter Nolan, to me, is the pick sure fire that I would at twelve. I would not be disappointed in that pick, all right.
Speaker 2: Walter Nolan number four over at Dallas Cowboys Magazine's defensive Tackles that got Mason Graham, Kenneth Grant, Derek Harmon, and then Walter Nolan six foot four, two hundred and ninety six pounds player out of Old miss And he once played at Texas A and m So. His comp is the Marvin Leal.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 2: He has short arms. That's kind of one thing that's been used against him. He's got short arms, and he says it tends to get caught with high pat level and throwing off the spot, and they said there were some mixed reports on his work ethic from the staff over at Texas A and M. One of the things Brian Schottenheimer spoke about in the draft is he cared so much about character and wanting to meet people. And Jerry Jones talked about on some of these visits with players actually talking to parents. And I go back to when Bill Parcells was here. Bill parself actively was drafting guys who were captains. Chris Beam, You remember that when Bill was here, man meeting with us over back at Valley Ranch about the kind of guys he wanted, and that was where you got a Kevin Burnett. Yeah, you know, you got guys like Marcus Speach. He wanted high quality guys, and he talked about the kind of players he was done with. He wanted high quality people. I don't know Walter Nolan, but just reading this thing right here. If I'm the Cowboys, I need a deeper die Tristan Hill when they took him out of UCF in the second round, and Rob Marynell as well, I wrote a contract with him. The previous coaching staff was Scott Frost. He moved on to Nebraska. They said they had no issues with him, but the current coach who came in Josh Hipel's now over Tennessee, he didn't get along with him and benched him. And the guy that the Cowboys got was the dude that Josh Hypel and his staff didn't like. They had issues with him. So to me, character is something that must matter here. I'm all about the character because hekma. You know what happens when you're a Dallas Cowboys that a lot of things get thrown at you. It's easy for you to not make the main thing the main thing. Dwayne Goodrich, who I liked personally, was a prime example. But guy who got caught up in the trappings of what a Dallas Cowboy can be. So Walter him, Walter noan fits a ney, which is that defensive line.
Speaker 5: You can't stop the run, then stop the run in four years. That's right, Okay, I mean, but but you go to the cons. You go to there's a pro and there's also a con there. And look, I want to based off of what you were saying, you're talking about character guys, and I think every team has a list of things that they want. It's character culture, building guys, guys that can fit the culture, and all of those things are fluid. They changed by administered by the coaching staff, front office, all of those things. But the one thing that you said in the in the first segment was we need guys that can play. Right now, you just say choir boy, you say captain, you say that hurts you.
Speaker 2: So so what's funny is as Bill Parcels were talking about the players he didn't want, he would be fine to say this ain't the boy scout come on professional football. This is what it is. But within that, what he's telling you is there's an exception for Lawrence Taylor. Yes, sir, okay, if your talent outweighs your problems, I'll deal with a little some some, but your talent better be Remember Antonio Briant, Antonio Briant's problems did not weigh his problems. Even though he had problems. They took that chance. He was quickly escorted out of the building. So that's that's what matters right there. So Walter Nolan defensive tackle, old pick.
Speaker 4: That is Walter the the dream pick. Harris still on dream no guy from Arizona. You know he is well well this is I'm getting ready to get into this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know I'm gonna read his calls right away, get finished, Go ahead, Okay. My dream pick separate is Ted McMillan's.
Speaker 2: Who's comp is Mike Evans, who's head coach at Arizona now watching je Jetfish says yes, I was at the Johnny Manziel workout. We saw Mike Evans. We knew he'd be good, but we took Blake Bortles. Okay. And and as I said that, you know, Mike Evans is going to be in the in the conversation in Canton when they talk about Hall of Fame. I don't know if he gets the gold jack, but he'll be in there because of the numbers, because of the super Bowl. He'll be there. Tech McMillan, I have seen play, and there's something about seeing dudes play. I've seen Travis Hunter play. I saw this guy play and not that TCU is dB U the boy.
Speaker 5: He was just like you said it, Wait a minute, let's go to the Carns. When he wins at the line, he does it with size, not burst. Halls could struggle to build separation from his first from his first step quickness. This would bring a challenge against press coverage when faced with stronger, longer cornerbacks.
Speaker 2: Pros the.
Speaker 5: A lot of a lot of separations. This like, oh my god, I don't know, don't you get out the wheel? He hit my man first lame and I told him, my man, he got short arms, be able to get that short man, go get that weight, get him out the way, get out the way. They're gonna be dunking on cats. Yeah, so just say, I thought, have.
Speaker 2: We seen how bad they are in the red zone? That is facts they haven't had a jump ball guy since Dan's bra Okay, if this brother can go up here in the red right there, right there, the red. The fact that Brandon Aubrey could be limited because this dude can catch a dog on ball corn in the end zone, I agree. I mean, look, so once again that's my dream pick. And because I I think I don't think he's gonna be there. Okay, that's what I don't think he'll be Wow, I don't think really. I go back into what we you're here, remember the corner here they needed a corner Patrick's or Tans out there, Jacy Horne, and neither one of them was available, so they trade down and ended up with Michael Parsons. I think technic is going to be gone. Thank God for that, Thank yous. We ended up with Michael Parsons. Oh, we ended up with Michael the one right, So so that that's tat. McMillan's my guy. I do not believe he will be there.
Speaker 4: So if he's not in attendance and he's gone, he's before twelve going, who's the realistic?
Speaker 2: That's your dream? But who who do you think is going to be there? I gave our our Nick Eatman Dallas Cowboys dot Com. I gave Nick Eatman that a Mecca Abuka from Ohio State would be the voice pick. And I also believe that would be in a trade down in my opinion.
Speaker 4: But but I I, I don't know how much you follow Ohio State football, but he just got kind of overshyow him by the young came there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Smith, And you just think about the the numbers of these dudes have been putting up in all the wing that's been going on here. Give me a guy like that, he's polished, Give me a guy like that. And those quarterbacks the last two years can't nobody running to get them dudes on their rosters. Will Will Will Howard is hey, watch yourself, TRD. He's a trial man. He got your Okay, you ain't taking him here? No you want him on your team? No, I'm late round. Do you want to use a pick on him if I can't help it?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: So, you know, okay, he didn't have it was he didn't have it justin fields. He didn't have j shroud right, Yeah, he didn't. He wasn't he didn't have that. You know, he had Will Howard and they won a national championship and can block. And when you look at how he grew up with the military background and moved the the character and the ability to compete. I mean, dude, they're constantly getting guys that that place. Okay, man, there's a lot of dudes that Quinn Wers couldn't cut it there. Hey man, thanks, I'm going I forgot you. Well, Quinn got there and he was Joe Burrow. Right, dude, this is you talk about competition central, and this guy shown you he was one of the top of the top. Bring me somebody like that in my program. And I need to help my quarterback out. I need to help my quarterback out. So anyway, that's that's just that's who I said the Cowboys would take here. This is my opinion.
Speaker 4: You see BC for me, you know, I get what you're saying with the office the side of the ball, getting the skill guys involved, because you need more than just what CD and the others.
Speaker 2: And that's when we had, you know, this past season, we all saw that.
Speaker 4: And I like the pit with the with the receiver from Arizona, big, big guy that can jump ball, all that good stuff. Because when you've got a guy like Ceedee Lamb who likes to move around, play in the slot, plays outside motion, he's in bunches, he's all over the place, you need a guy on the other side that can win the one on ones, not necessarily being that crispy route runner, but you throw a ball up to him, you know, fifty fifty ball, he's a guy that can go get it.
Speaker 2: So I like that pick as well.
Speaker 4: I still think the defensive line or the offensive line needs some work in the trenches. But if you're talking to me from my dream pick, I'm going to the secondary and I think he'll be there, and he may be there later if they trade Baron and that's not I'm on Will Johnson, Oh wow, corner from Michigan. And the reason you say that, the reason I say that, wow, is because you need somebody who can man that slot.
Speaker 2: And he's not a burner.
Speaker 4: He's not a guy that you're gonna put on the outside that can you know, run with anybody.
Speaker 2: He's not that.
Speaker 4: But what he is is a smart, intellectual football player. And that's what you need in that slot position. Look at Jordan Lewis. Look what Jordan Lewis was able to do in this secondary for the Dallas Cowboys. Not but he was smartest heck understood his leverages and he was great and blitzing and break great in the run game. So to me, you might be able to trade back and get Will Johnson later on in the first round. But that's somebody that can help SOLIDI fight a secondary because when you look at it, you got Digs coming back from another knee injury. You got Bland on the outside who amazing ball skills, great gown outside corner. We'll see what he can if he can keep up that stellar play from the year's past. But you need somebody else in that slot. The man that secondary and have it under control. And I think if you get a guy like Will Johnson and there a smart, intellectual guy, he can play a grant that slot position.
Speaker 2: Stepan Gilmore was in the building. Yes he was. Yes, he was a guy that should have never been able to leave the building if you ask me. But I like this pick. I like this the heads he guy.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, I think with all the blaring needs that you have, that to me kind of fits the same mold as the wide receiver position because you lead by saying what you need in the def into line, in the offensive line, and as you know, as a secondary player, if you have a guy up front that makes that time clock go off in the quarterback's head, he's letting go of the ball quickly and that gives all of us the advantage in the secondary. And so if we can improve in that way, I mean, just go to Philadelphia right now, man. The guys can play back there point. And it's the same thing with the offensive line. If we're talking about what we're doing in the red zone. If you have offensive line and that can block and a running back that could get it there, then we're not having to put the ball in Harm's way. When we get down to the red zone, we can run the ball and score touchdowns. All right, Johnson, I'm telling you, man, I like Will and that's the comfort. Will is our boy that just left. That's that's how that's how came the.
Speaker 2: Third round guy. He was, he was, he was, he was the first round guy. They got questioning the speed can you do that? They got speed questions too at the wild receiver.
Speaker 5: I don't see you see how thank you, thank you? You got who else you got? Because I'm going straight to the cons I'm going I'm going straight. Nobody got him, and nobody got him. There's no top twelve pick though he jumped in. Got Jaddy bearing over there in Texas. Yes, I take him before I take you know, Oh molasses, Will, you're gonna call the man.
Speaker 2: But last we got got it. Come on the Michigan my last. He ain't onna be. You gotta tick a break the final segment, the plays last come up right here on Dabas Cowboys. How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetty store? Letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 9: All right, folks, let's get started with Yeddy French Press and Joor kalb there stays hot for hours and French Press thirty four for six four for the cruise of Yetty, French Press mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Erstle waterproof doubles, water Prove bag bag sports mostly water should get a water Prove Yetty baglat Smell something cooking.
Speaker 2: New cash I skillets make to.
Speaker 9: Be passed down like Mamas recipe. You take a steak, cornbit, comperce, pot pine and potatoes, next oval well three size of Yetti cast iron skillets.
Speaker 10: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 8: Today life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothing available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Cat.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense their you with Baul. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Prescott kitchen slid for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 5: Cowboy fans get ready for the Draft Weekend, presented by Miller Lite at The Star in Frisco. The action kicks off Thursday today, Hey, April twenty four with the Ultimate Draft Party, continues Friday with the Draft Hangout, and wraps up Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor Scott and White Health, three days of football fun and fan experiences you won't want to miss. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash draft for details.
Speaker 2: All right, man, let me shoot some more holes over here for you. Man. Don't get that last Joe, These guys Joe report. Will Johnson was limited to six games in twenty twenty four by foot injuries, but he has sized ball skills and instincts that are so good that he deserves to be a top fifteen pick. Miami played zone coverage two Thursday last time the season, which would only offset questions around Johnson's speed, So they got him going to the Miami Dolphins. But you know, I said, Baron over Johnson.
Speaker 4: Zone ebra flukes, the zone eyes on the quarterback reaction, ball skills tackling.
Speaker 2: Hey, they had like five picks last year. Man team was. I mean when it comes to can we get somebody who healthy? I mean that's fact that was usually wait to the second round to get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you boy wills around two, might man, man my lasts around to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that's that's when he comes into play. That's what we shoot up the right round to his medical. We got some medical the red flag, the Jaylen.
Speaker 2: Swift, a Wood Bruce, the Bruce Carter hurt. But like before he was good, he was good. Man, you gotta you gotta knail it. You gotta knail it at twelve.
Speaker 5: Man, you look if you bring in a guy like we're talking about Bearing from Texas, also given he played with a pretty good defensive line. Also, I mean, so these are guys that didn't have to wait very long to get to the money. So you know, I want a guy. But we continuously repeated, here a guy that's gonna come in immediately, ready to play, ready to get down. We don't need a developmental project. You know, Hey, let's give him a few reps to get itself together.
Speaker 2: That don't need that, all right, So we know a running back at some point in time is going to come off the board. Yes, we know that. So so give me a guy that you would say, all right, I'll take him, I'll take him. I'll start first any round, right, we ain't talking about like the first any round any round. The Gettings kid from Kansas State. Now, Tom, you know, here's a guy that the offensive line coach knows, okay, And I asked him about him, and he was very like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. The Big twelve, by the way, has a bunch of good running backs. By the way, yeah, Olly Gordon out of there, Oklahoma State, the kid from Texas Tech, u scam Cam Scatterby from the Arizona State Sun Devil's the Big twelve champions. I mean, so so to me, you know, call on them Big twelve kids, you're gonna be okay. But Gettings could be a guy that we would see maybe day three or or around three. But I mean, you know, I just look at him as all right, that that could work. That could work, because I don't anticipate them getting Hampton from North Carolina. He'll be gone. And I definitely don't think you can go get the local kids. Ashton Genty here and so that's why I'm looking at Okay, where are some other guys where I would say, okay, I can live with that. So Gettings of Kansas State is one of them there. But but I really a big one of these big twelve backs would fit for me.
Speaker 4: When you look at these running backs, not sure if they're going to be there in the second or third, but if you got a chance to grab one of these two guys, I like the kids from Ohoose State talk to me. The Henderson and Judkins as well. You know, they both bring their different types of dynamic. Henderson's more that home run threat. You know, if he gets the ball in his hands and he has a lane, he could take it the distance. Still a powerful runner at that and then junkits as well. I mean he's a little bit slow over back. May not be that home run threat, but he runs behind his paths, he runs behind his pass and he makes guys feel it every each and every time he gets gets a hold of the ball. So to me, I don't know if they'll be there when the running backs or when the Cowboys want to choose a back, but those are two dynamic running backs at you know, within this system for the Dallas Cowboys can flourish.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sold on the scatterboot the guy from Arizona State.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a very hard runner, try hard, you know, the guy that's you know, he's gonna put the team on his back.
Speaker 2: We saw that in the in the playoffs as well.
Speaker 4: But to me, I don't know if he's dynamic enough in the National Football League when when you got defensive linemen running four five fast brees, you got linebackers running forth. I just don't know if he can be that dynamic of a guy. Can he be a guy that can help out, you know, blocking wise, and you can you know, sparingly put him in here and there, maybe a short yard is back.
Speaker 2: He could be that, but dynamic wise, that can not change.
Speaker 4: The trajection of a of an organization, but be a productive back down in and down out for the National Football League.
Speaker 2: I don't see him being that.
Speaker 4: I think he's a very hard, try hard guy and kind of reminds me of our guy L Boogie a little bit.
Speaker 2: But there's a little bit more dynamic and these are you know, these are gonna be like Day three guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's special teams like he can come and contribute on thatssarid.
Speaker 2: So when I'm thinking of like these guys, the Gettings, the Brooks, I'm thinking day three guys, because you're filling your needs a wide receiver, you trench right, you're going to maybe de tackle, maybe line back. You're looking so oh by the way, Hey look man, we got to jump in here and get someone. So that's that's kind of my thinking that, especially if you're able to do a trade down that you're thinking, all right, man, maybe you rounds three, you know, maybe picked up a four. You're looking at trying to get into one of these guys, because if you're not getting genty or Hampton, you know, you start to talking about the Henderson and the old case juck, these guys are probably gonna get gone around two. That's I don't know, they'll be right.
Speaker 5: So and if it's realistic, because I'm on the same I'm really on the same page as you when it comes down to those Ohio State running backs and if any of those guys are there between you know at three, you know, if you can make that pick and it's sound and it's not a guy in there, like I'm going with one of those, because I'm the validity that I add to that position with one of those types of runners. But you have a guy from Oklahoma State, Oli Gordon. We talked about him as well, six' one two twenty, six a guy that has had some injury, issues BUT i think that for these first couple of years of his, career you possibly could get one of those guys that's a downhill. Runner and that's what The cowboys have been, missing is a downhill. Runner what type of offensive scheme we were running for the, zone whatever it. Is you get a guy In Oli gordon THAT i believe that can make up the difference and also be one of those later later round picks. That, look, man you don't have to over extend for a guy like that in conjunction with the guys that you already.
Speaker 2: Have All, right we're gonna get out of here with. This give me a surprise first round. Pick surprise your, mind, like, man we weren't talking about, it and look at.
Speaker 4: It, Man i'd tell you if they picked the cat From, Arizona i'll be, shocked to be honest with if they picked The, MILLING i will be.
Speaker 2: Shocked, okay because to, me you, know is he gonna Be Danz brian like.
Speaker 4: That that's the only way it kind of pays off of is he could Be Daz brian out, there that jump ball, specialist that guy that can you, know win one on ones no matter it's not a fifty to fifty, balls a seventy thirty. Ball if he he got to be that type of. Guy SO i would be surprised if they went that route with.
Speaker 2: That, Okay i'll give you mine Amar Amarian.
Speaker 4: Hampton they running back from That's North, carolina right run back From North.
Speaker 2: County where they just come out and, say you know, what we want to run this. Guy we feel three down back and we think if we give him the football that he can Do zeke type things in terms of keep the keep the chains, moving keep the clock, going help the defense on the. Field so for, me that would be my surprise. Pick and then them come out and, say, ah we. PLAYED i didn't think you would.
Speaker 5: Do, man it's you guys are taking the bunch of the guys THAT i would have been thinking. Of but if they go left tackle again this, season that would surprise. Me if they went right back with, it and a guy Like banks send somebody knock right on guidance. Door, hey you, know so that would that would shock me because IDEALLY i don't know how Many Old brothers organizations that, that so that would be that would be the shock shocker for.
Speaker 4: Me but they went each and every one of the players watching that FIRST i used to do all the, time.
Speaker 2: Like on here who we picking? Man man heart thumping that first round.
Speaker 4: Safety you know we see like the best available for. Safety i'm, like oh, NO i don't do. IT i remember Job Mark barrion when he was coming out me it's. Sensible everybody was sitting there.
Speaker 2: Like, man don't, picky don't.
Speaker 4: PICKY i think they went With clayborne that year or somebody Like Yes bearing From.
Speaker 5: Alabama, Yeah and they had moved the lineback and they came out of a safety right and me and man be Sense, Obama craye everybody like.
Speaker 4: Yours when they called, Him oh, hey, man it's gonna Be that's when we had got Clay Board.
Speaker 2: Orlando, man we're gonna be all, Right, Man we're gonna make it. Work but everybody's just gonna be gonna be the. Best you don't worry about. It you're gonna be. Good don't worry about. It you don't.
Speaker 11: Worry Jerry sitting is the highest rated guy that have Seon. Senators that should concern you at. All it's just this week you all in the coach's. Office, hey what's?
Speaker 2: Up what was the game plan this?
Speaker 1: Year?
Speaker 2: Man what we got going? On you know? What the? Game you know what it. Is get your. Ticket you'll find stressful Times Church Draft, Day Draft. Day talk to you. Later Dallas cowboys Dot.
Speaker 3: Com this has been a production Of Dallas cowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 2: Club