Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contains spoilers for the shock sixth episode of season two of Peacemaker. Hello, Hey, it is Jas Sconcepcio, Adam Rosie Night and welcome back to x Ravision the podcast Wait.
Speaker 1: Coming over by our podcast.
Speaker 2: We're bringing you three episodes a week, Gus.
Speaker 3: Today we are going to be breaking down that Peacemaker season two episode six, Shoka Ignorance is Chris, perfectly named episode perfect name. Sadly, our Peacemaker correspondent super producer Ian will not be here, so it just me and Jason.
Speaker 1: But he was right.
Speaker 3: We want to give him some he was right time and yeah, what a crazy, crazy, crazy episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's dive into it. Okay. Peacemaker season two, episode six, Ignorance is Chris. We open. In the Perfect Universe, the whole family plus Hardcourt are at like a cracker barrel perfect yeah, perfect Dad is They're covered in apparently like kaiju guts. Dad is toasting Chris. They're having a grand old time. Kids are coming up saying can I get a picture with you? Blue Dragon? It's perfect, It's too perfect perfect. Meanwhile, in the other universe, in our universe, the eleven Street Kids go to Vig's mom's house too, because that's where they're going to reopen the portal in the basement's beautiful house, nice home. Argus has no idea who Vig is, so this is perfect. Adrian's mom seems very very nice, but like too nosy, very very supportive, but like way too involved in her way to be fair. He does still live at home, so what are you gonna do? He is so mean to her all the time, but she takes it all in stride, and he takes them down to his secret room with the multiple key locks down there, and Vich's mom is talking the whole time about his friends, about her son's friends, and she knows them all how he talks about them, and apparently Vig told mom that Harcourt hardcore. Originally she says was his girlfriend, but they broke up and Vich is mortified at this, and Harcourt is like kind of furious but just merely smoldering, and she goes away, and Vich's like, my mom has dementia, which.
Speaker 1: Definitely no will believes scattered bals like this.
Speaker 2: I believe that they go in the room and it's like the Sinaloa cartels, like storage.
Speaker 1: For yeah, he's living in scafface fantasis.
Speaker 2: You know, like Vich has obviously been killing criminals for a long time, effectively mass murdering in a kind of you know Hawkeye in End Game, And he's got a lot of stuff he's been doing, and he's been taking the stuff there's I guess to his credit, he hasn't been doing it. He does it only for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he just keeps all this money.
Speaker 2: He just keeps the stuff. He's not like out there like flipping the cash or the bags of fentanyl and coke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's definitely not selling the drugs at least, he's just keeping them in these Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's just got this storage from filled with drugs and money. And the eleven streeters, who many of whom have been desperate for money by the way, you know, like Hardcourt is must be thinking, hold on, I almost took a job at the drug store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we like Ads is taking like gigs where people think she is maybe a sexuast come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so as Vig is like has his back turned to like put on his uniform, they're like stuffing their pockets, which like to fair, I honestly, he would want them to have it.
Speaker 1: Probably anyway, he would, he'd give.
Speaker 2: It to them if they said it in the right Yeah. Anyway, they set up the portal and his beanie baby closet door, and you know, the burst of energy happens, and everybody's covered in a thin mist of hopefully cocaine.
Speaker 1: Okay, hope, probably no, cokay't the.
Speaker 2: Best Probably the best outcome is that it's cocaine. Yeah, and then we find out later that it is cocaine. They go into the portal and they're in there. It's amazing, you know, they can't believe hardcourts, like I can't believe Chris was telling the truth, Like why was he keeping this to himself? Didn't he think this was crazy? And out of Bio is like, well, he grew up with this. This is like normal to him. And so now they're wandering around looking for that rack of peacemaker helmets that will tell them which door to go to at Argus Seniors, fuming Rosie, He's.
Speaker 1: Oh stressed, he's.
Speaker 2: So mad, so so mad. I'm surprised Bordeau isn't in there giving a shoulder rub to help.
Speaker 1: Him, right, I'm like, come on.
Speaker 2: B Fleury comes in and is like, so, in addition to Chris walking out the door, we don't know where the other eleventh Street associates.
Speaker 1: Are right now?
Speaker 2: And uh oh yeah, Judo Master also got so sorry about that. Yeah, where is by the way? Well, by the way, I think, thinking about where we're going now, I'm quite concerned about continuing.
Speaker 1: Health and life of the Judas.
Speaker 2: So Senior is like, listen, the world depends on us finding Peacemaker.
Speaker 1: No, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Just obsessed, yeah, stop it, but like you know, okay, fine, and then Senior gets an idea.
Speaker 2: As Flurry hangs up the phone, he gets on the horn with Jessica and he says and he calls up and he's like, listen, I want you to call bell Reeve because there's someone I need to talk to you there. Who could that be?
Speaker 1: We found out later.
Speaker 2: Finds the rack of peace Maker helmets, Vidge knows the door code. They go in, so now it's like, what do we do? How do we find it? Well, Vig is speaking about obsession, obsessed with finding this version of himself in this world. It's true, and they all go to Chris's bedroom to kind of scope it out. And Hardcourt sees the picture of alternate Chris and alternate Harcourt and she's like, oh my god, and all of a sudden, Captain Triumph walks in, so Harcourt quick thinking, you know, ad and Economists and the rest kind of hide in different rooms with Harcourt like closing a closet door on them, and Captain Triumph's like, Kirk Card, what are you doing here? And She's like, oh, I came to pick up this snow globe, like obviously, yeah, Chris wanted me to have it. It's really weird reason and Captain Triumph is like, okay, well I'm heading back past Argus if you need a run. She's like okay, yeah, sure, and this, you know, give allows her to draw Captain Triumph away from the team and meanwhile, so they leave an Economists meanwhile, is like getting sick thinking the whole idea of like another dimension with yeah versions.
Speaker 1: Of He's the only one who understands.
Speaker 2: And it's making him literally physically sick. He's gonna throw up. Meanwhile, Vich is like, yeah, but like what do you think. I'm like, I gotta find me, Like it's gonna be so crazy. I wonder if he like likes the same stuff I do, and so like vij like fully wants to stay.
Speaker 1: And I know he's believing in it.
Speaker 2: With loves it, and like there's no way to keep him there, Like he justs and there's absolutely no way that there's gonna they're gonna be able to keep you know, in one place. He goes off, We're gonna go to a quick cat break and will be right, and we're rack. Chris and alternate Hardcourt are cuddling post sex and let me just stop here and say oooo, this is sexual as.
Speaker 1: It's sexual assault. It is because she doesn't know she's having sex.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, I mean, it's the face off. It's the solve problem. I won't belabor it, but it is talk about it.
Speaker 1: Chris is a creepy Yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: What happened, and unsurprising I think that Chris doesn't see it that way and doesn't understand that that's what happened. But that's what he did. Meanwhile, real Harcourt and Keith are you know, driving through the streets and Harcourt is like looking at it and noticing something weird. She's like, this is something is off. And she's also learning like weird facts about this world that like the cult eighties goth metal like band Helloween is apparently considered the first or second most important group of all time. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Mick Jagger is the lead singer of the Beatles. I think there's another one anyway. Strange differences, right, Yeah, lots of weird stuff going on, and Chris with Harcourt seems to feel it too, may although maybe he's feeling like, wait, did I do Did I do a bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think yeah. Maybe he's feeling a little bit like like.
Speaker 2: What hold on?
Speaker 1: Did I.
Speaker 3: With me?
Speaker 2: And that's bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly.
Speaker 2: At Argus, the security dog barks at Hardcourt because she is covered in cocaine, so they take her to an interrogation room. Chris see real. Chris sees this and is like, oh shit, that's real Hardcourt VIDG. Meanwhile, it goes to his mom's house. His dad is there, not gay apparently, and the house is almost identical with small small changes that delight Vige. His keys work in his secret room, and when he goes in there, it's neater, with less cocaine and stuff, less drugs, And we're gonna about about to fight out why. So he goes in there and he introduces himself to his other self and they have the same person.
Speaker 1: I love this. This was so funny too.
Speaker 3: They got to do the Spider Man meme and they were so happy about it.
Speaker 1: I love this. They let Adrian have his fun before you kind of.
Speaker 3: Learn the truth about the world, which I thought was really nice.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, and and Economist are like, what do we do? Should we find eagerly like they find him. He's raiding the fridge, He's made a huge mess. Flag at Bell Reeve is visiting Lex.
Speaker 3: WHOA Okay, I know, I don't know if we guessed Lex. I don't know if he was in our conversation.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: I thought this was extremely cool, and I thought that they.
Speaker 1: Did a great job.
Speaker 3: Kind of Lex is the same character you see in Superman, obviously, but there is a coldness and a kind of extra layer of threat here that I think fits the tone of the show really well.
Speaker 1: Plus two like this is a very.
Speaker 3: Interesting and important plot point, simply because we know that Lex is going to be teaming up with Superman and Man of Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's not a spoiler. James Gunn has talked about it.
Speaker 3: This scene was actually filmed during the filming of Superman, so the once again the James gun connectivity is really delivering here, and I think, like for me, this just felt like a whoa moment, even though we knew.
Speaker 1: It was coming. It was interesting.
Speaker 3: I'd actually seen a lot of people who were theorizing that Idris Elba would be back, which I would love.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 3: I love his version of Bloodshire, great character, like incredible fun times.
Speaker 1: But I love that they went for Lex. I think it works. And also we need to know how.
Speaker 3: Lex is gonna get out of Bell Reeve to help Superman because they are going to team up in of.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, so I think this begins to set that scene.
Speaker 2: I completely agree with everything you said. It was the perfect decision. It advances both the story and the show and the wider gunnaverse story. And it's not like a side show like an alternate Superman or an alternate Batman or something like that.
Speaker 3: Like it's it actually moves the story and yeah, it's like this is happening.
Speaker 2: It was great. So Senior makes his offer, which is like, listen, you're in jail for two hundred and fifty plus years, two hundred and sixty five years. I think, yeah, fifty, I can't get you, I can't get you free, but I can get you in a prison without meta humans, which I know you hate them, and you're having to be in here with like Dragon Man and shit, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: He's like you literally like you're in prison for trying to get rid of matta humans.
Speaker 1: Like this is not gonna go well for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're there with King Shark and like Dragon Man, like the worst, weirdest Yeah, like the humans these are not the human pot of matt human.
Speaker 1: You know, it's very like.
Speaker 2: They're not even fun to talk to exactly. Yeah. So here's what I need from you, Senior says, I need to find a specific portal built by Peacemaker. Lex initially doesn't give a ship about peace because he's like, I don't care who cares? Who cares? Like they're irrelevant, Like it's the many humans I care about, Like I don't care about like guys that dress up in costumes and shoot other guys. Yeah it's like so what yeah, but but but Senior is like, listen, it's a multi dimensional portal, which obviously that's why I'm here, like you know about those?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? How do you know about those?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And and you're really smart? So how how do I attract this thing? How do I find it?
Speaker 1: Lexus?
Speaker 2: Like I could build a scanner and and and then you get me out, You get me to a regular human prison. Fine. In the Perfect Universe, Chris goes to see Hardcourt in the interrogation room, Real Chris, Real Hardcourt, and he's like, what the fuck are you doing here? And they argue. She's like, I saved your life at the ambush like Bordeaux was the cyborg was gonna kill you, and like I saved your life and you can't even say thank you. And she explains like why she's covered in coke and explains that all the eleven Streeters are here to save him because he doesn't belong here in this universe. And Chris, meanwhile, is like laser focused on the boat. What happened on the boat?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? This man just get over on the boat.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm like fucking wow.
Speaker 2: Don't you like doesn't didn't that mean anything to you? And like what is it? Because of Rick flag?
Speaker 3: Oh? Right?
Speaker 2: Like what was your thing about the reflection? Harcord's like, listen, am I proud of the Rick flag junior thing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, but it happened and it didn't really mean anything. And Chris is like, well, listen, I love you, and Hardcourt is like, obviously, I know that. Yeah, and he wants to know what her feelings are, and her feelings are basically that she doesn't feel worthy of love or respect or positive feelings towards what she feels like a piece of shit for various reasons, and that's why she goes and does.
Speaker 1: Crazy self sabota stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so she basically is like, listen, so what is it going to be? And there's a great point from her, So what's is? So you're telling me like, you'll stay here unless I tell you I love you, like exactly, and this is I love that that was said me too, because I think that I think again, I do wonder if James Gunn's getting himself.
Speaker 1: Into a bit of a situation.
Speaker 3: Because I do feel like Chris is not somebody you want to continue following after this season. Again, like they did a good job redeeming him slightly off to the Rick Flagg junior stuff, but I do feel like the fact that he slept with old universe Hardcourt, the fact that he's now essentially holding Prime Hardcourt hostage.
Speaker 1: And I love that she sees that. Yeah, I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Interested to see where it goes, because again, this show is just really not afraid to show the bad side of heroes.
Speaker 2: I like that as well. And I thought that, Listen, this is a very toxic These are two toxic people that you probably could argue being together would only amplify the toxicness. I agree, But again, I think like the central thesis is about redemption, and that part of it I I like, like, I like the idea of.
Speaker 1: Oh me too, can believe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you believe in a person even if they don't believe in themselves? And again, I'm so glad that Harcourt pointed out, So you're basically giving me this bullshit ultimatum, Chris. She she basically begs him to come home without ye tell me you love me demand, which I really respected from her, and Chris says, listen, I can't desert my alternate brother, alternate father, alternate heart. Meanwhile, also I'm fooling Yeah, So the guard comes in before they can really resolve this conversation, and basically says like, you're you're tested negative for drugs. You can go into August now. Meanwhile, Senior, leaving the interrogation room with Lex, tells Bordo that Lex agreed to it, and Lex is going to help us. Back in Perfect Universe's Uh Vigilante House, the Vigils are best friends. They're instantly like everything is identical, Rosie. They love every They love animals in the same way, they love like murder in the same.
Speaker 1: Way, the memes in the same way. Like they know this is made meant to be. I love this for them.
Speaker 2: I love this from They have all these little weird things too, like a little weird piccadillos that are exactly the same except except important. Why is there no drugs and guns here? Because this vig is not out there killing street criminals. He's leading street militia criminals in a mission to take down the Peacemaker who he hates that y And meanwhile, vige our Vidge is like, oh, but that's my best friend. Maybe yeah, So obviously this is gonna be it. This is gonna be an issue. Back at the house, Ad asks economists she's feeling she's getting a little stir crazy. She's like, you want to go for a walk just around the block.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I got to clean up. I gotta finish cleaning up Eagerly's mess. So she goes alone and immediately I'm like, fuck, Ian, it's gonna be right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know, Okay, we need to give super producer Ian this shout out because we recorded these episodes were when we had place I heard it, and it was the first place we heard it was him. By the time our episode had come out, it definitely other places had it.
Speaker 1: But I gotta tell you, he noticed.
Speaker 3: That ship straight away, and I want to say I want to give him a big shout out. And I also want to give James Gunner shout out because actually, so often in Superhero TV and superhero movies there are just loads of white people and you don't even consider it. And I think he did a really good job playing into the fact that most of the audience wouldn't notice it, and he didn't, but Ian did. And yeah, as soon as Ads leads the house, you start to realize that not only is this a racist place, but like there might just not be any people of.
Speaker 1: Color, like wherever they are all killed. They might be all killed because this the responses are insane.
Speaker 2: They might be in the their version of a nice jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like phantom zone or something that.
Speaker 2: They like it very very bad. So you know she's getting looks immediately from people. And then Blue Dragon happens to be. Several things happen at once. Blue Dragon comes home and Economist has to hide all to her court goes comes into work and is we realize she's about to see herself while Harcourt is up on the floor saying, hey, Chris, don't you notice how like everyone is very very white up here? And Chris is like, what good for her?
Speaker 1: She's the first like thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like everywhere I go, I don't see any people of color, like at all. Captain Triumph is driving by, sees that a bio and is like it's a black.
Speaker 4: Yep and the whole now oh fuck, like oh fuck, the whole.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood is like coming streaming out of their homes. Chase out of bio down the.
Speaker 3: Street, he says, And I believe he says something like he's like one go out, one got that makes us know that lets us know there is very clearly some kind of yeah, terrible issue going on here.
Speaker 2: So Chris in the artist's office happens to just kind of pick up the American flag that's in like a coffee cup on somebody's desk, and it's got where the stars should be, big swastika.
Speaker 1: Oh great, great love that.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Blue Dragon has seen economists and now stabs his hand to the floor and they're in a life and death struggle. Hardcourt gets id'd by this universe Hardcourt as an impostor, and Adam Ayla is running for her life, and that's where we end the episode.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I have to say, James Gunn, I rate you for going the full whole hog. So first of all, I want to say my first thought, and I saw the American flag with the swastika. I have to bring it back always to my favorite character. There's an incredible swamp thing covered by by Brian Bowland. It's really controversial with the American flag and in the space where the stars would be as the Nazi the swastika. So I immediately swamp Thing one fifty three immediately got a great throwback to that.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I think is really.
Speaker 3: Cool as well is you know, we've been talking a lot since Superman about Earth X, right, and this other universe.
Speaker 1: So in certain comic book versions of Earth X, that is a world where the Nazis won.
Speaker 3: And I think that is clearly what we're seeing here, even though it was not a and Captain Triumph and Peacemaker and you know, Blue Dragon.
Speaker 1: There's a reason this is what this man should have thought of, Like he just assumed they were to be racist in this. No, I don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 2: No superpowers, their weapons are fine.
Speaker 1: They have so much money too, Like the house is huge. Yeah. I thought this delivered on both the.
Speaker 3: Cameo, with a cameo that I honestly, for some reason I found Lex more exciting, maybe because we didn't see it coming. I also can think we can assume that there will be probably a big cameo in each of the other episodes.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way I loved the I loved I love the slightly humbled version of Lex. He's he listened. He completely disagrees with why he's in prison and doesn't think he understands, clearly very smart man that he broke the law in various ways, but he thinks he's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he appreciates that he got got they caught him.
Speaker 2: Sure, his pride, his arrogance has not been crushed in any way. He is he in Belle Reeve feeling like I'm above this. I don't believe that I acknowledge that you got me. And that brings out this really interesting side of him that I thought was so cool. I really loved it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 3: And also something that I thought was really interesting is this is one of the three episodes that James Gunn reviewed, So I mean that directed so I think like on the official podcast, he was basically like, this is a really important moment for not only peace Maker, but the entire DCU. And I do think that again, this is starting to have that feeling that the MC was always searching for, of a true connectivity between these TV TV and Yeah, I'm so August is now Nazis in this world. What happens like in the next two episodes, do they shut this world down? Does Peacemaker have to kill his family? Do our universe eleventh Street Kids worry about the fact that peace Maker didn't notice.
Speaker 1: This at all?
Speaker 3: And when do we see Judo Master Binali or this or next episode.
Speaker 2: Here's what. Here's what. I think We're gonna have to rescue Judomester.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's he's definitely becoming part of the team after this.
Speaker 2: We will have to rescue him, right yeah, which means that we're going to have to go wherever the people of color prisoners are or or one of the prisons. He can't go to all of them. Clearly, I think that personally, like, obviously this is a terrible universe. It's also none of their business, like leave.
Speaker 4: Just save your people and leave, get your people and leave, because you know you're trying to saw an incursion where then X comes to you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Going on here is in justice bullshit. It's also an altered dimension and it's like, let's go home. So I think, yeah, just leave, get your folks and leave. I think that what's gonna happen is we're gonna have to destroy these portals.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, that's definitely gonna be the case.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to. This can't keep it's there's too many dangers, and certainly, I think what we've learned about Chris, although he's somehow by accident, been a decent steward of this extremely powerful thing. Yeah, he can't. I don't think he can be in whether we destroy it or take it from him. He can't be in control of this.
Speaker 3: No, he can't be trusted to be in control of it. Also, I do wonder if by the end of this we will because James Gunners said there's gonna be this crisis in the DCU, it's not something that we're thinking about, it's not something that we know, and that Peacemaker was gonna set up the you know, Man of Tomorrow, which is the second kind of Superman movie or Metropolis movie. So I also wonder if maybe they don't do that and we end up with the fact that these characters are in a situation where they suddenly have to deal with the fallout of not cleaning up this mess. I'd be very interested to see which route they go. But you are right, they just need to save at a Bio and Judo.
Speaker 1: Master and leave, like probably is the plan.
Speaker 2: This is like a meta meta observation that could be maybe a meta spoiler. I noticed that we got our screeners back like it was locked because of this episode, which leads me to believe.
Speaker 1: Or they made further they made further.
Speaker 3: They may have just given us the screener when it aired on HBO, which they sometimes will do so that you can watch it without paying.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, okay, so they so more to come.
Speaker 1: More to come.
Speaker 3: Basically, I think there's gonna be more crazy cameos. I think next episode we're probably gonna have to have a big action episode where they maybe we'll see Ads and Judo Master have to work together.
Speaker 1: I also wonder.
Speaker 3: If this is not going to be something that is easy to overcome for Ads and Peacemaker, because that's meant to be her best friend and he didn't notice any of this. He just wanted to move into this world where none of them existed.
Speaker 1: At no point did he ask why there wasn't another Ads or why he didn't see other people of color. I wonder if this is going to be hard.
Speaker 3: For them to overcome, a new potential conflict for where he's gonna have to prove himself.
Speaker 1: I'm rightfully so.
Speaker 2: I think that it's a It's a great point, and I think it strikes it the kind of central thesis of this show ever since season one, which is can you pull a guy like? And it's honestly, like kind of and you know, like I don't want to put too much on it, kind of an important question for the country.
Speaker 1: Like oh it is right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, is that that type of person, the person who has been who grew up in a milieu of racism, that is good hearted and empathic but doesn't understand.
Speaker 1: Like doesn't even comprehend.
Speaker 2: It doesn't comprehend it. Is that a person that you can like pull back, that you can like wake up and be like, because they're friends with you, that you can point out that, hey, didn't you notice, Like you didn't notice that? When does that tell you about your worldview? And so I think that they should and probably will be bothered by it. Like I think if I was being chased down the street by a Nazi.
Speaker 3: Mob because I tried to save my friend, this is the perfect weld who my good friend loves it, loves a lot of these people who are chasing me.
Speaker 2: I would have a problem with that, and I would hope that that would open my friend's eyes. So I think, yeah, that's gonna be a conversation, right.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm ready for these next two episodes. This is really I saw a lot of people saying, you know, the season has felt really slow bun to them, but this episode really kicked it up. I think this episode is just pure entertained. This season is just pure entertainment. Like it has been so high quality and consistency for me this season, and for me, this just kicks us into like a really interesting final arc for the show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought the season was slowburn at all. In fact, I think I like this season on every level so much.
Speaker 3: More than me too, Like, no question, this is a far superior season.
Speaker 1: It's it's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm interested to see if I'm interested to see if Chris gets called out.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I want to know, Like where does he end this season.
Speaker 2: For basically committing sexual assault in the Nazi universe like he did.
Speaker 1: Well well, bad time to be peace maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact that I ever realized that that was a He's like, I'm just the same person.
Speaker 1: It's like, you're not. You've literally replaced this woman's And here's.
Speaker 2: Here's the important question to me. I think obviously Judo master at a Bio Harcourt are gonna have feelings about this. What how much Chris has loved this universe. And to me, the big question, having been in participated in experienced situations where you have to call somebody out for a thing, how defensive does Chris get exactly? And is it like that's always.
Speaker 1: Physically as well.
Speaker 3: That's the thing because this man like just stabbed Rick Flag Junior in the hat with a piece of gloss because Amanda Walla told him to.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like, yeah, it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that I always that happens every time when I've been in a situation where you have to rightfully say hey, just so you know, that was kind of fed up for that and the other and the person. The initial reaction every single time of every person is always.
Speaker 1: What, No, come on, get over it.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean anything bad that this, And so like what is Chris's reaction I think is really the most important issue, because is Chris going to be like, I mean, it can go I don't think it will go this way. But it's he's got a choice, which is I did enjoy it here, Like there's a world in which I can just.
Speaker 3: Ignore it exactly. That's what I have everything I want mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But that's his big choice what will you be willing.
Speaker 1: To ignore to be happy?
Speaker 3: And I think that that is also an incredible Again, this is another show where by the time you hit this, we've caught up with it so fast that you're kind of going, oh, okay, this is actually an important question that people need to ask themselves in real life too, you know twenty twenty five baby.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you mentioned that because I thought that to your point, so many shows that we've been yeah, we've been watching and talking about. It's like, to your point, the world's kind of events have caught up with the show to the point that the metaphor kind of falls apart in the face of it. I thought that this show actually did something very smart, which is Okay, Ever, all the people except the way people are gone. They're all gone. They were like, uh, let's see, so they jumped like kind of not way ahead, but farther ahead than everybody else has gone. And I think that that is as you unravel that, I'm like sitting here going, oh man, this shows like a lot deep we've gone again.
Speaker 3: I know this man is coming through with the political angles that we can't deny.
Speaker 2: Okay, incredible show. Can't wait Rosie Ye see what happens on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And Ian will be back on the next episode.
Speaker 3: We can get his thoughts and his success and I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: To see what happens next.
Speaker 2: On the next episode of Extra Vision, We're diving into our Winter TV preview and a special interview with one of the songwriting teams behind the smash global hit K Hop, Deep and Hunters. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Our supervising producer is Abuza part.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Faye Wag.
Speaker 2: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman
Speaker 1: And Heidi our discord moderator.