Speaker 1: What's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone. He kind of came up with the idea for today.
Speaker 2: Move about people that take care of you.
Speaker 1: So two people who really support the stream, Pete Pete been gone, but everybody knows to lunch our stream. That's the accessory piece to No Simils podcast. We started by me and Pete where we did it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for free. Yes, like you've been doing all of this for free and it's like you're building something but you don't quite know what you're building. But it's a commitment to have these discussions openly. And Pete, you know life made people are right turn So we can't really commit to that right now, but you know, we still managed to do the podcast on these days that we need to for people's audio.
Speaker 2: But two people place orders at the cryptstore dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure you head over if you're listening to the Note Sellers podcast, head over to the cryptstore dot com www.
Speaker 2: Dot Doug cryptstore dot com. Got a bunch of new ideas. Pete gave me some new ideas.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be really good. We actually gonna open up a brick and mortar CCS, which is kind of cool, you know what I mean. But two people who really support this thing that me and pe started ordered some merch right. Shout out to Fatima, shout out to Nick.
Speaker 3: Shout out to those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, caricatures of us and King got this thing with being famous, and it's really.
Speaker 4: Here where you go you store with throwing that in there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's important that because I know that's your heart's desire.
Speaker 5: Oh, you want to give context to what you're about to say.
Speaker 3: He's like a black Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is. Oh, Pete, we're done.
Speaker 2: We're the King Kardashian.
Speaker 5: One thing we don't do is refer me to women.
Speaker 3: We're the King, the senior lawyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the father is a Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Oh the lawyer Dudeah, okay, I'll be the lawyer, dude. Yeah, I'll be the lawyer.
Speaker 2: Dude, King Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Good cats.
Speaker 1: So anyway, like, I know that's important to him, but because he's always supported me, it's important for me to make sure that he accomplishes something that's means something to him.
Speaker 2: And Fatima and Nick Fatima.
Speaker 1: Who moderates the check She's she's always encouraging people to like subscribe, you know, she really works. And Squishy is like my first to me Pete, our first real hardcore supporter.
Speaker 2: That you know what I mean. I knew that reached out to me and said, I really support what you do.
Speaker 3: And she's transcended into like the production role. She cornered role for herself. Yes, yeah, she even handled a greater role in this than I do.
Speaker 2: Now, sweet right out squeish. She came to Denver for a concert I was.
Speaker 1: Doing fort support though. That's really shout out to big motherfucking Pump. Pump is a female truck driver. She listens to the No Sellers podcast as well. She always dms me on Instagram. Rest in peace to her mom or mom passed away. She hadn't really reached out to me, but she had been listening. She was just telling me how much better the podcast has gotten over time. And anyway, I say all this because Nick and Fatima. Nick who supports, he gives coach shit all the time, but he supports the podcast, and he created these dope characters and he ordered something and he's been cool because I haven't shipped his order. I didn't realize I shipped it because I shipped a bunch of orders and I'm just overwhelmed. So I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna just give him two or three shirts. I'm gonna give him a bunch of CDs. I'm gonna give him a vinyl because he always show love. And same for Fatima. I'm like, she ordered a merch pack of the Cancer right, which is the shirt and the CD, and I'm like, yeah, we're gonna throwing a vinyl some more CDs because I was telling King, I'm like, you have to take care of the people that take care of you, And it's the same thing with you, Pete, like I have to figure it out. It puts another pressure on you to figure it out with people, you know what I mean to where it's like you want to make people. They're helping you, so you want to figure out a way to help them.
Speaker 5: Facts.
Speaker 3: Something occurred to me just a moment ago. It's gonna be did you ever see the old movie called Dirty Work with Norm MacDonald.
Speaker 2: Or is that when he was a butler?
Speaker 3: No, it's where he opened up a brick and mortar store to offer revenge services with already the guy from Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: No, I never saw that.
Speaker 3: I was saying, you could pair offering crypt merchandise with selling crypt services out of the crypt store.
Speaker 2: Oh, Man, definitely sounds interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh don't do it, Pete, don't don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: I don't run the store.
Speaker 4: See, I'm going to run the store, Pete. I'm going to run the store.
Speaker 5: Pete don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, in that case, we'll just we'll shelve this idea.
Speaker 2: Man, with the brick and mortar.
Speaker 1: Is more of a vinyl thing, you know, all the way from you know, the Tone Loaks, the comps is most wanted's, you know, coming forward to the little Babies, the Vince Staples, just a bunch of different vinyls.
Speaker 5: I think it's a great idea, like to do all the crib vinyls and music like that. I think that's kind of like a great idea.
Speaker 1: And to have some cool merch nothing that's you know, a blood could walk in the store and it wouldn't offend them, bother them. But you can notice that there is a lot of information about crips here.
Speaker 3: And with all due respect to these guys because I like them and they're very popular and successful quick in the game. Probably won't be able to have their vinyls in the store. That would be very funny. Went out of your way to make it really obvious that their stuff wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Man have everything around them.
Speaker 1: No, I thought about partnering up with like two eleven shout out to mommy to eleven from Inglewood from NHP cup brother I always you know, looked out, always thought he was a special MC, like a big fan of two eleven, and he has a really dope store where the service spoon is, and.
Speaker 2: Like, maybe I'll partner with him to do something like that.
Speaker 1: But you know, my brother has done a really good job shout out the k style of making sure that I make it a place that's closer to a museum and ideal where you could come in and get information, and then taking a page out of nickbook making it a smart store where you could probably get information on different things related to the topic. So I'm excited about it. Simple, like really simple. I've been talking to King. It'll probably be a place that you could come get seven grams a week for twenty five dollars for you know what I mean, Like just this smoking deal of top quality stuff just because I feel like.
Speaker 2: We need we need strain eventually, but we need more.
Speaker 1: Like as a hip hop artist, I think we've been spoiled by mainstream America so much that we forgot the black market was the greatest you know, associate when it came to marketing hip hop, and we've almost turned our back on it.
Speaker 3: And just for clarity's sake, the black market being the African American consumer market or the underground market.
Speaker 1: The underground market, oh for sure, sure, No, no, not the black man. That's a great point, the black market, not the black man's market, but the black market. I feel like that's been missing. I feel like that's been missing. I feel like hip hop has been suffering to some degree. It is doing well, you know, at the elite level, but it's suffering because we've disconnected the black market from it, you know what I mean. And I was telling King, like, you know, this is an idea, like where you can get seven grams a week for twenty five great week, no fuck fucking dispensary.
Speaker 3: It would be kind of interesting to do, like like a regional like say all the Long Beach artists in like an omar section to look like VIP Records, and then something else that would look like a place that was in another part of town that had a similar impact, or vice versa. You know what I'm saying, Ooh.
Speaker 4: Like, Pee, don't do it, Pete, I love it.
Speaker 3: That would really give King a lot to do.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it, Pete, I love it, I really do.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love that idea.
Speaker 1: No Seller's podcast last is Low Peter Boss in the house. I'm my big brother King here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I thought about that taking care of the people that take care of you. So people that support the stream, right the lunch hour stream or this podcast, you want to take care of them. And I was just saying that to King, And the more I think about it, it's kind of like my fundamental value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, Like you already got to take care of people who don't take care of you.
Speaker 1: Explain that one well, because you know, you have obligations if you're a parent, if you're a family member, Yeah, I mean if you're a friend.
Speaker 2: It's certain people that.
Speaker 1: Will never do anything for you in those positions, and you.
Speaker 4: Feel obligated to still take care of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's your existence.
Speaker 1: Like I truly believe you define yourself by your actions, not anybody else's actions.
Speaker 5: I think I'll stop at the parents till about eighteen. After that, there's no obligation with anybody else.
Speaker 2: It depends on the kind of person you are.
Speaker 4: Now you see why they paint me mean and mad?
Speaker 3: Yes, got it right.
Speaker 4: You see why they paint me mean and mad?
Speaker 5: You got it right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: You already have the people that you didn't get to select, but when people select you, you.
Speaker 2: Really got to do right by them.
Speaker 1: I agree, because people will select you and you don't know why, what I mean, So you got to do right by the people that select you.
Speaker 5: I agree to anybody that helps you, you know, to me, it's an obligation to do something to try to make their life better, you know, happier, or something that I could try to do to show my appreciation. And it's just showing appreciation, you know, for what they've done for me, our thought about me, that's all.
Speaker 2: And it comes into what do they want? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like like you fight it, but you there's a desire to have famous is so cheaply said that it comes with a negative connotation does, but it is true in your position, like your voice needs to be heard because it's a rational that matters, and I think that is Yeah, well, I don't even know if a claim is what it is, it's much more deeper. I don't think he King really cares about a claim as much as bastards.
Speaker 5: Now, I really don't care about money like that. But money is a tool to me to be used a certain way. Yeah, you know. And if I want to help people without trying to cry to other people to help me help people, then I need to make the money myself.
Speaker 4: And it's just that simple. Y, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: So I know that's important.
Speaker 1: So and then you start to notice people around you, your friend's talents, right, and King has a talent that I don't think, you know, it's ever really been nurtured, Like he's a.
Speaker 5: Don't you say, don't you don't you good?
Speaker 4: I'm a people person. Let's just say that I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't really call you a people person all.
Speaker 4: Because of Nick painted that picture of me looking angry.
Speaker 2: No, No, I just think you have very short tolerance for people.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I'm getting older. I got very short talents for bullshit.
Speaker 2: And people equals bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, And even.
Speaker 1: When I first met you, you wasn't necessarily the most tolerant person people.
Speaker 5: No's a loving guy.
Speaker 1: Well, love and loving, not tolerance. They don't have to be like polar opposite, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: It don't mean like because you are no nonsense, Cause I just I wouldn't say somebody that's a no nonsense kind of guy as.
Speaker 2: A people person.
Speaker 1: You actually to be a people person, you have to be very open to nonsense. Yeah, but you are silly and you don't mind people being silly, but nonsense and you are no nonsense kind of guy.
Speaker 4: No, that's you. I think he's trying to pay me as him Pete.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Think you're a leader of men and you uphold a standard. I would describe you as the nick Saban of crips.
Speaker 2: There you go talking about you that I'm.
Speaker 3: King King said the phrase led a prison riot on a previous podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: That's a leader of men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a natural thing. But he King is more than no nonsense. He's just no nonsense. I wouldn't describe him as a people person. I think I do think he's not like he's not like an anti social person, Pete.
Speaker 4: I'm a people person.
Speaker 5: You could put me anywhere in this world, and I'm gonna survive because people are gonna help me because they I'm just a nice guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that means you're a people OK, A little.
Speaker 5: No glasses is right. I'm okay with being in my house. If I have everything I need in my house, I really don't have to go outside and deal with people. That's the truth. Yes, that that's a fact. Yes, you know, but I go out there and deal with people because I know you make any help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you make it work, you know.
Speaker 4: I think I think so. He kind of right, though I don't.
Speaker 1: I think your experience with people is making it work. Like I'm stuck with these people.
Speaker 2: Let else, you know, let me help.
Speaker 3: It's a helpful someone who enjoys people or someone who people.
Speaker 4: Enjoy I enjoy watching people.
Speaker 5: I love to sit back and just watch people just do the stupidest ship in front of you.
Speaker 3: That shouldn't take long at least, So that's good to say.
Speaker 4: You're just looking around, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Oh you gotta just walk out the door and just look don't you have to turn on your TV or phone.
Speaker 4: Just walk outside you'll see it. Yeah right, I told.
Speaker 5: Glasses, I'm beginning to think this world is flat. All that around and going to the space and ship. You know, I went to uh to us uh the Space Center and stuff when I was in Florida and looked at all the NASA stuff. Okay, they want me to believe that that Space Shuttle went up there wrapped with a quill.
Speaker 4: It's fabric wrapped around the Space shuttle.
Speaker 3: Oh, like the flame retarding or whatever.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: When they when I seen that, I said, now, okay, this is bullshit. They said, thank the ladies that quoted the outside of the Space shuttle. Man, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 5: The world is flat. Okay, go ahead, Glass. I'm sorry, but that's just a funny shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the fucking talking about. I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, I don't think he's much of a people person, but I think he understands how to deal with people.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but I think that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: I definitely feel like as I get older, I get a lot more honoring and about less bullshit?
Speaker 4: Why you say honre? Won't you just say your tolerance changes is necessarily honre that you get because first is the definition of honre to you?
Speaker 3: Uh, the guy in the square just to his left, your.
Speaker 5: Stupid Piete, right, Pete, So there's only one honor person in this group?
Speaker 4: Okay, Pete didn't already claimed that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm starting a movement. Anybody could be as honery as they want, not as honorary as me, but as honorary as they can.
Speaker 4: Okay, Pete, what is definition in the honre?
Speaker 3: I am just assumptive that circumstance and my surroundings and anyone around me is going to piss me off almost immediately. So I'm just counting down the seconds and waiting to realize the prejudicial negative response that I am going to have.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so you already know you have a negative one. Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: But I don't think glasses does that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's called is bad tempered and combative?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, I'm not really bad tempered.
Speaker 2: In my mind.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think I'm combative, but I mean I think because I was on ADHD yesterday, well, no, I was in the Homie John space. Well Adhd, same thing, all the same thing. Shout out the trap, shout out to John John. And we were having a conversation about culture. And I was explaining to brother Gary's good brother from Georgia, from Atlanta, got his stuff together, you know graduate, you know, I think bachelors and masters, really smart brother. And I was explaining to him that truly culture, you know, ninety percent of culture comes from poor people. Like when you have opportunities to do anything, when you have money, people don't do the same thing. They could do whatever they want. Now, there is some traditions and norms their aspects of culture, but it's not a complete livelihood that that is experienced because economics create you know, options. And I was explaining that to him and ended up spinning up into this conversation because I think he's more of a more well black, affluent background. And we start talking about the contributions to culture, you know, or black cultures by HBCUs and different things. And I noticed in that conversation everything that I was saying was not being heard, like it wasn't being listened to. It was being acknowledged that I said something, and how it sounded and everybody would respond back to me, well, it sounds like you're saying and I'm like, well, why not repeat back to me what I'm saying. And people felt like the conversation was this ingenuous versus me learning at that time, like two.
Speaker 3: Frays or what's one of two phrases that drives me crazy? It sounds like you're saying and so what you mean is It's like, no, I said what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I was explaining to them. I was explaining to the people. I'm like, no, I'm saying, what do people at HBCUs do culturally? Like what's the complete behavior? And they were talking to me about saying divine nine and they kept talking to me like I knew it, and I'm like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: And Walter, you know, good brother, Walter, and.
Speaker 1: And and and it's shot te for debating about Black Greek associations.
Speaker 2: And again, they don't have HBCUs on the West coast. I don't know if any.
Speaker 3: I can't have any of them out of the traditional South maybe fringe state.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I wouldn't know because that is something in southern, you know, United States of America.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 3: Thatsation, isn't I mean, am I missing something?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 3: Who it's it's a response to segregation. So it would be in states that have segregation, right, that would make sense to me.
Speaker 5: If I if I answered Pete, They'll say I'm angry again.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Was launched by white people and stuff.
Speaker 5: You know Spilman's you know, Rockefeller's wife is Spilman, that's her name. You know, in places like that Morehouse and all them guys. Is was from these people that was segregated. But they wives and stuff wanted to help the slaves and stuff. So to me, it's a whole other society that's out of street urban culture.
Speaker 2: Well I mean not even street urban culture, just in black culture.
Speaker 5: This black culture, Okay, I can believe.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying to them, what is the lively, what's the behavior? And he started running down specifically what the Alphas do? Yees, yeah, And I didn't I think in his mind, I was supposed to understand that the Alphas was a part of Divine nine. I thought Divine nine was a gang or something or a group of I don't know. And by the end of the conversation, somebody was saying glasses. The fact that you acting like you have you you saw the film, you saw the film Stump the Yard, or you saw the film School Days, and you act like you don't have no idea, And I'm like, I've never watched the film. It felt like I had information about that, right, I think. I think films are for entertainment. It's like me watching a Mafia movie thinking I understand what's happening in the inner workings of the Mafia. It's like these like this is entertainment.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't see it. Like you said, you grew up around as people. Remember, people look at movies and think that's real. You know, that's the real way things is, you know.
Speaker 1: But I don't know who's wrong, Like I don't. I don't know how could they feel so empowered by a piece of entertainment that was meant to entertain And That's what I'm saying. Like I remember explaining to them I didn't really learn hip hop and like until twenty eighteen nineteen, and they like, les's that means you haven't. I'm like, no, I've been listening to hip hop albums or rap albums since I was a little an infant, like I can remember Rappers Delight like I was born when Rappers Delight came out, you know what I mean, same year. I remember the Message, I remember Breaking when it first came out. I remember Crush Groove, I remember all that. But I didn't feel I understood hip hop because I listened to ll cooj Bad album at six.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like I knew what it was.
Speaker 5: You didn't feel like you knew New York or understood.
Speaker 1: No No, or what was happening breaking, Like, yes, I saw O's on the turbo dancing, but.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I understood what breaking was about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think as human beings, right, there is some arrogance in how information is received and what you know about said thing. Because you go watch an entertainment piece like a film, and then like how people do with gang banging and Colors. They'd be like, oh, man, you about Colors because they saw Dennis Hopper's film Colors, and I'm like, yeah, you don't know nothing about gang bang And they feel entitled to to speak because they saw film, and they was mad at me because I'm like, yeah, I care a little bit too much about my people to act like I know what's going on in those you know what I mean, and those circumstances. I don't know what the hell is going on, you know in HBCU's. I just know that they are none here. I know some names, right, Spellman, Warhouse, Howard. My niece went to Howard. You know, I know a couple names of the schools, but I can't. And I do know they started because brothers couldn't. They wasn't being admitted into private white institutions. I'm saying I don't know about HBCUs. I don't care how many films I saw. They talking about different world. I'm like, I saw that once or twice maybe, but I still wouldn't feel like I knew something about HBCU's because I saw that television show.
Speaker 2: And people was upset.
Speaker 1: Like the arrogance of y'all to believed because you saw a film you understand what's going on, shows a lack of care for people, and like, I don't, just.
Speaker 3: Bluntly speaking, wasn't in the room at all. I don't think they would have assumed that I understood HBCUs. Had I seen that movie one time and if I had an opinion about it, they probably like, well, what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: You saw the movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's and it blew me away, like like I just handle things with a lot more care, bro, I really do, I really do. And I think it's frustrating to people because I care to know more than what has been given to us through mainstream information.
Speaker 5: I got a question for you, you know, and I would have asked them, you know, like the movies like School Days or Stopped the Yard. Do they think that gave you know, hps use the best image? Because when I think by School Days and Stop the Yard, I think about a bunch of motherfuckers just partying and not taking it serious and damn to have gangs themselves, but they just haven't dance offs.
Speaker 2: When I went and saw Stop the Yard, all I remember was Nigga's dancing.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was like does a gift the HBUs HBCUs the like that they act like, Hey, this is what we're about. You know, if you watch this movie, you should know what we're about. Is that the image they're trying to portray?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, so I don't know nothing about it, but again, and I think it comes across the people like I'm trolling because I don't have that perspective, or it comes across like I'm hating because like I don't mind critiquing somebody even if we're okay, or like I'm focused on my space, like on what I am.
Speaker 4: Thinking about HBCUs. I never heard you say anything about.
Speaker 2: HP because I don't know much about HBCUs.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, so, how you trolling on that?
Speaker 2: Because people expect need to know. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm expected to know about all this shit I don't know about.
Speaker 3: Huh have you ever performed at NHBCUS?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, My brand of currique may not be what the institution desires at their location.
Speaker 2: So even though it should, because I can articulate.
Speaker 1: Look, if hip hop is street urban culture personified through these arts or elements, right MCDN, I would be possibly the greatest and most articulate voice in Southern California's illustrious street urban culture that they call gang banging. I would probably be the most well explained, well understanding, and well informed artists of all artists. But you would have to respect that it could be intellect in cripping and blooding and I don't think people are ready to deal in that thought. That is, like I could tell when I put out Tupac mus Die. It messed people up because in their mind it was so easy just to write it off as a disdain or hatred, and then somebody could articulate the perspective and even more, even more, what's more scary is make you think to yourself, damn, I might have done the same thing if I was in that position. And people don't want to have that perspective. I mean they want to be able to write off crips and bloods like, oh, you guys are dumb.
Speaker 2: You're fighting over colors and property you don't own.
Speaker 1: Like King said, right here, and listen to me talk to one of my homeboys on death Road.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. He's doing a life sentence.
Speaker 1: It's been converted over and he heard me talk to him or another one of my older homies, and it would sound like I'm talking to my older brother. Right, were just having a conversation. And this man, throughout his warrior experience in gang banging, is articulate as fuck.
Speaker 2: He wrote a whole book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, not some dummy, but when you are raised in these said environments. You know what I'm saying, You kind of you almost have to behave like the natives to be okay. It takes a different mind to make you realize how many other options are outside of the options presented to you.
Speaker 5: But did Cookie write some books too? Yes, so you know, like those are the facts that people should be able to see, you know what I'm saying right there, But.
Speaker 1: In that like Monster, Cody's book is one of the better books ever written when it comes to Lost as a street culture, period, when it comes to any street urban culture. But I don't think people want to believe that there can be articulate members that are still involved in this life or understand it. So it's easy just to write it off. It's easy just to write it off like ignorance. And like you can ask.
Speaker 3: People you're dealing with also academia in this you know sense, it's like that's an outfit institutionally that is not very well prepared to be questioned. There are sociologists there that can't have holes poked into their very loose theories. Best just could be described by any critic.
Speaker 2: So you know, like.
Speaker 3: You would it would, it would be like confrontations I had with professors, not confrontations with debates in some of my justice studies classes. Times a thousand. They're just there's no desire at all to have of the veil of authority pierced in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: M But how do you feel so arrogant and in a particular subject if you have never done any true homework or research.
Speaker 3: That's why they hide behind letters next to their names. I mean, look at I mean, for fuck's sake, there's Marxist economists teaching economics on college campuses. I mean you are.
Speaker 4: Did you learn anything from them about HBCUs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I learned about the Alphas. I learned that they were the first black fraternity and.
Speaker 4: Pretty much cus or in America or in what.
Speaker 2: I mean for sure in HBCUs.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I don't know about all that, Like I'm not a I'm not look, I don't have a Pete and Moot one day educated me on college. So crazy, I'm learning so much about college and I did, like I always felt I missed something with college. I disagree, But Pete and Luke really kind of said, no, gee, it's a little bit more like academia. It's more you know, it's more glamor than actual substance in it all. So they kind of made me be like not quite got to be careful with that, Like he said, right now, people don't want to be challenged in those spaces. So I think I learned about what alphas. I think I came out of that conversation understanding like how my people go to these schools, right, and they established themselves and these organizations, and they become lifelong, They become lifelong friends or lifelong brothers.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got another question, the people do you think they support streets three over in culture?
Speaker 1: I mean somebody like puff Daddy went to Howard and I think he probably, I don't know.
Speaker 5: As a whole, not just you know, one or two people, but as a.
Speaker 1: Whole institutionally speaking, institutionally speaking, as a whole, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would if I was gonna shoot from the hip on this, I would say internally no.
Speaker 5: Externally, yes, I think they appropriate the streets. Certain things are the streets they appropriate from the street urban culture into what they do.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: But that standard all the time, which is kind of the genesis of that conversation, which is like, bro people take from poor people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they talk shit about poor and.
Speaker 4: They don't want to admit that that's where they got it from.
Speaker 2: And he was just aeneously.
Speaker 3: They need to put at least in the black community, the more like it like a better word like oppressed part of the community out in front. Well, then simultaneously separating themselves from them. Yeah, in an elitist hierarchy.
Speaker 2: And that's what's happening the time. Yeah, I just talked about it in this rap. That was that line.
Speaker 1: All extortion talk wildly overblown. Rich niggas is supposed to help their own like, and it's like.
Speaker 2: It's like a.
Speaker 1: It's a false sense of care for people. Like if if let's say, the Jewish folks who led the March for reparations for the Holocaust, they were most likely Now I'm not sure, I would have to do some homework, but I'm sure the more financially savvy people led the march for reparations against different people in that situation, like they have to lead that march, and I don't think that's per se happening when it comes to Black America. The loudest voices in the reparations conversation are not the most successful Black people, and that is a big problem. That's a huge problem about that, Like you know what I mean, you don't hear Oprah Winfrey talk about reparations enough.
Speaker 2: You don't hear about Barack.
Speaker 5: Talk about your upper society of black people don't talk about reparations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should be the loudest in the room.
Speaker 5: Are supporting it the most?
Speaker 1: I don't know if they supporting it, because you could support things in silence or private, right, you could be donating.
Speaker 5: So you would said they should be vocal.
Speaker 1: Yes, Well I'm not saying and they shit, I'm telling you they aren't, Okay, So I don't Again, that's kind of been my critique, like I don't think.
Speaker 2: The well to do brother.
Speaker 1: Really are you know, backing their people up, showing love to their people.
Speaker 2: I think they start to set.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it happen every day where I see some asshole on Instagram talking about it's a difference between black people and niggas. That is like one of the most frustrating things to ever that I've ever heard in my life. When black people because white the white folk who call black people nigga, call all of them niggas, Like how did you slide yourself into this elitist white position and to where you're like, well, I'm not good.
Speaker 2: I'm a good, upstanding black folk, and y'all is niggas.
Speaker 5: They're all the same, the white people.
Speaker 2: If that word was to be used that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was every day were for everyone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like if he was a doctor. He was like, well, he ain't a nigga.
Speaker 1: He a doctor, don't I don't think a white folk. He was like, oh he a doctor.
Speaker 2: He and a nigga.
Speaker 1: He's a doctor. No, he's a nigga doctor.
Speaker 2: Speaker.
Speaker 6: In most cases, probably himself was not a doctor because I could imagine Paul Pete, because I could imagine what Pete is listening, like, this should sound crazy, trying to.
Speaker 3: See if the if the Jewish restaurant called it came out of the Marshall Plan or how it was related to the Marshall Plan. And I was trying to read through a bunch of crap too fast.
Speaker 5: And I.
Speaker 2: Think the most successful brothers like Lebron James should be screaming it.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, Oprah Winfrey with a platform should be streaming with screaming it.
Speaker 2: I think all the.
Speaker 1: Most successful black folks should be screaming, Hey, you need to repair the relationship with black amor America. You have to repair the relationship with Black America. This is a part of how it changes the way people see black people in America. It's you showing your commitment to repairing the things that you say were wrong in America. I think the loudest people in the room should be Will Smith. It should be you know, not just you know, celebrities, you know, anybody of note with the platform. That should be the conversation they're having. It should never feel like I got minds and that's what it is, and I ain't gonna and I ain't gonna say that because that they say.
Speaker 4: Though they say like I got mine, so you should be able to get yours.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's what they say, but that's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: I heard people say that, at least to me.
Speaker 2: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: So it's a frustrating thing to watch people not take care of the people.
Speaker 2: It's a very frustrating thing.
Speaker 5: But you think these people lose their appreciate for how they got to where they are, and that's why they don't give back.
Speaker 1: I don't want to try to get into those people heads of what's happening. Okay, in general, if I had to have a thought, I think there's a threat that if you start screaming it you don't.
Speaker 2: Have a problem.
Speaker 5: Oh, they'll take you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because again, you know, somebody else is putting you in position, right, even if you're working your ass off, like, somebody has to put you in position. From a lack of better terms, the other side, they have to put you in position.
Speaker 3: And if you have to huh, and if you have enough money, it will inevidently become a cost to you more than a benefit to you.
Speaker 5: But in this sense, Pete, I don't even think it's gonna have to, you know, really deal with the money. If you could get all the poor people together to rally behind one thing, if you got a few people that do have, you know, means to get a few things done, I think the masses will override money in certain certain circumstances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like I'm saying, like in the literal actual distribution of funds, if you have more than you would stand to be given in the check, then your capital erosion or taxes or these various ways it would come to balance that out on the on the books are going to end up detracting more than the check you receive in the mail.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other conversation. But I'm just saying white people don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying I just think people are not doing a great job of that, of giving back, no, of taking care of their own like it's not about well, it's not about giving back.
Speaker 2: Like one of the.
Speaker 1: Biggest scams in America is like a philanthropy.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Why that's a scam because there is.
Speaker 1: No reason that somebody should have all of this, and there's people that have nothing. The fact that that's some kind of celebrated title is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: That they help people, it's.
Speaker 1: Not helping people, Like you get credit for helping people.
Speaker 3: But you are doing the helping to get the credit.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 2: It's tricky.
Speaker 5: Like, well, I agree, you shouldn't have to get you know, awards for helping people. If you really want to help.
Speaker 2: People, why do you have a title to be a human?
Speaker 5: So I agree with that statement of you shouldn't have to get awards if you just want to healthy.
Speaker 1: Like, there's a title for being human. That's what being human is, right, The verb of being human is humane. Me and Pete tall about this. That's the verb of it to care about other people. Why do you need a fancy title? Like all of that shit just cap they ain't helping shit, But you're not really helping shit at that point, the fact that you have all of that stuff. And this goes into the conversation me and Pete have about capitalism, socialism and what's righting what's wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And there's another thing I'll be honest to say, I don't know enough about politics to.
Speaker 2: Have that conversation.
Speaker 1: Reading the small sample size of reading I've done, I think I'm a socialist by nature. I'm trying to transform or is it come form to a capitalist. It's really hard for me because it feels like it goes against my soul. Like right, it's like the last time I did things as a capitalist, I was selling drugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think you also think of capitalists, like to say like human and humane as the capitalist as the noun form of the verb to capitalize, meaning to which has like a take advantage kind of connotation to it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and I hate that it does.
Speaker 3: You're right, and I don't really agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because it's it's not truly the definition. It's the feel of it. Yeah, and that and that don't have to be true. But again, it's like you would have to be educated. I couldn't have this conversation with you, which is why we never really have capitalist conversations because I'm not educated enough about any of these you know, economic models to go into it.
Speaker 3: And it's it's it's a term largely as we use it in the modern sense, that's the product of being defined by Karl Marks and his writings. So it's it's a skewed definition that is that I'm I'm a pro free market guy. That's all I described myself. Yeah, people.
Speaker 5: Do they even use capitalists, you know, in conversations now to describe things now, Like I haven't heard that word really use to describe economy or anything lately.
Speaker 3: Depends on the conversation. I guess if we listen to that mayoral candidate who's an open socialist talk enough times or what's his name for Vermont talk enough times? He would use the word capitalist, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm saying like years ago used to hear it all the time, twenty years ago, thirty years ago, they would just say capitalist, capitalist, capitalist, But now it's like not even you know, even brought up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think some of that's probably because now people started pushing back on demonization of capitalism with demonalization of socialism, and they just said, well, we don't want to be pushed back on, so we'll find a new word.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 2: The most I remember Martin Luther King would speak on reparations. He was a well to do brother, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But you don't really have that conversation of you know, it's not happening, and you know, I don't really have to answer, you know, I just can see and feel things are not right.
Speaker 5: But you got the power to start the conversation like you're doing now, you know, in a different realm than what it's been talked about before. You know, now you actually bring it into this realm of hip hop, street urban talk. So you're doing what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But again you can't I'm not overvested in it, so I can't truly, you know, go too deep into the conversation like that.
Speaker 2: And that's the point, Like, I care too much about what.
Speaker 1: People have going on to misrepresent in my in those spaces, like I know what the fuck is going on because I got entertained by something at one time.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you a question. Do you fear or have a bad feeling of giving somebody the wrong info?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just not gonna do it. Yeah, I'm just not gonna do it. It's not a fear. But the things I don't.
Speaker 5: Know about bad if you give them the wrong info.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, I would imagine it feel like shit.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'm talking about you personally.
Speaker 3: I can't given wrong info before. And that's I.
Speaker 1: Can't recall too many times I gave people wrong info, So you've payed close attention not to I'm really careful with what I tell people to do when they're asking me my opinion.
Speaker 3: I try to give considerations. What you mean, Pete, Like, I don't want to give somebody the answer. I just want to give somebody something that they can weigh against another option so they can have a more balanced take on a question.
Speaker 5: Peters.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's as benevolence as I get Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Peter's.
Speaker 5: Answer a question with a question, Okay for real?
Speaker 1: Sometimes that really is because you need more information. I totally give a pete, you know, saying like, sometimes you need more informations to have these discussions, and we don't have enough information, but we tend to wrap ourselves in the discussion.
Speaker 2: It's just ridiculous as facts.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could give an open ended opinion, but if it's about your people, like you should really be careful so you never that's like me judging like affluent black existence, like I don't know what they doing, so I can't talk. Let's say, to Oprah situation. All I know is what I hear. I can't say if she supports the idea of reparations. I'm not saying she does it doesn't. I don't hear her say it. So therefore I'm going to be very specific. That's not something she's speaking about out all the time, or in my opinion, she's not speaking about.
Speaker 2: It enough to be in her position.
Speaker 1: Yes, but actually she's not speaking about it enough in public or to my liking, in public.
Speaker 5: So it's easier to say, you know, what they're not doing versus what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, because you don't know, and you would have to be arrogant to carry yourself like you know what's happening the things that I know specifically, like I know people lying about how much money they make in or what these deals are. And I say that I'm sure of that, but I'm also not going to say a million things that I'm not sure about.
Speaker 3: Why do people lie all the time then about that kind of shit? It's like this is it's it never ends. I mean, like this is going back to even like you know, like my like my favorite interview of all time were Pimpsy accuses the industry of lie about fake dope crisis. There's always a lie about how much shit.
Speaker 1: Just say that because it's entertaining, because they know it's easy at a time to say you got this much money, you paid this much money for a kilogram of cocaine. And Pimp is a real deep he like, I hear it all the time, but I don't think. I guess because I understand, well, I don't know who's right or wrong. Pimp's thing was like, bro, why are you lying about the price? My thing is like I thought we all know you learning about the price, so I could talk about it like everybody know you lying about the price.
Speaker 3: So he should have scolded the audience, why are you believing about this shit?
Speaker 5: What goes back to what you were saying earlier again, entertainment. Sure, people, you know, they just want entertainment. They just want magic, you know, and little number the truth is not magic.
Speaker 2: Well magic is not what people believe magic is.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, well truth to them is not magic. Yeah said that one, And.
Speaker 1: You can have this conversation a million times. But again, like you find yourself, you know, out it from those people because they like, well, you blowing up our tricks. You messing our tricks up, you know what I mean? Like like in Ross position, You're like, man, Glass, you messing up my trick. I'm like, bro, like it's rick Ross is outside. But then I'm starting to realize how much people do not know when it comes to the street urban culture lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Really, a lot of people don't know where he got his name from.
Speaker 2: No, most people don't.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's heavy, and when you talk about it, that's that you get mad. Huh.
Speaker 1: So I think he understood people didn't know that, which is why he named himself that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the law of it, like he had to name itself that because the law of who Rick Ross was had to be out there already. He just didn't grab some name with no meaning to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I also think Greek urban cultural people are are one percent of this population in America.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me ask you this, who who is Rick Ross really catering to with his music.
Speaker 2: Buying the buying population Middle America?
Speaker 5: Okay, so he could take that, I didn't know that give it to Middle America.
Speaker 1: I think he's taking a street urban lure, That's what I'm saying, give it to and then presenting this entertainment package to Middle America.
Speaker 5: And he don't like when you say that. No, the truth is the truth though. No, they like no, they like gee.
Speaker 1: But I was realizing is like when Tupac must die, people was like, man, why are you telling this story about Tupac.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I'm telling this story about Baby Lane.
Speaker 1: Like it's important to humanize this person's experience on this planet Earth.
Speaker 2: In this situation, I felt like it was necessary. People were upset. They was like, why would you want to humanize the experience of a person that did this, and I'm like, because like that's what hip hop is all about.
Speaker 1: This is a bad person. Yeah, it doesn't mean he was a bad person. Yeah, don't mean it's a horrible person. You know, this is the way culture raises us, and this is you know, this is how morality works in this way of life, in this way of life. So but I realized people didn't want to have to deal with that.
Speaker 2: They liked the magic trick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they got this I mix of two part that nobody wants to change. And it's at this highlight of his life that everybody only focused on.
Speaker 1: But I don't get like those two things could all be in alignment. Like, and that's what I'm starting to realize people can't. It's like when Constantine and them sanctioned Christianity, right and and h excuse me when they when they they when they created the Counselor, and I see that whole meeting that structured Christianity the way we know it today.
Speaker 2: They knew human beings.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to reference it as the greatest marketing meeting of all time. Oh yeah, definitely, because they understood how Jesus needed to be presented to bring peace amongst human beings. I had a crazy question, Pete.
Speaker 5: Peace you think it was going at peace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because at that time Rome was messing itself up and they wanted to unite everybody in Rome under one idea. But here's a question for you and Pete, right, would you rather tell a lie and have.
Speaker 2: The war at war? Have the world at war? Or tell the Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Would you rather tell a lie and have the world at peace or tell the truth and have the world at war.
Speaker 2: That's a heavy ask question, So I'm asking what time would you rather.
Speaker 1: Lie and have the world at peace or tell the facts and have the world at war?
Speaker 3: It probably hinges on like the all like the reality of reality, war and peace are temporary. Truth is more durable than lie. So you have to presume that the lie that sends the world to war would result in a resolution, whereas the lie that sent the world to peace would eventually expire.
Speaker 5: So you would just you might change my position, Pete, So you would just do what exactly you might have changed.
Speaker 3: Up for I guess, I guess it depends on what the lie is. But I always I'll go with truth that at that point, what about you?
Speaker 5: Oh, I can listen to Pete, you know, I might have to go with the truth. But first I was like, man, I'm gonna go lie right now so I can have some peace out there.
Speaker 4: But then listen to to Pete and stuff. You're right. Truth is gonna always come out in the end.
Speaker 5: So I agree with you, Pete.
Speaker 3: Truth, that's why King's the man, That's why it's so pissed all the time.
Speaker 1: And looking out for tuning into The note Seller's podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produce about the Black Effect podcast network and now Heard Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah