Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy CENTRALOW.
Speaker 2: Normally, when I'm in search of an angry mob of people screaming anti science, deep state vaccine, microchip conspiracy jazz, I head to the heartland of America. But it turns out I can find those very same people right here in my own backyard in New York City. That's right. Last week, outside of Mayor Bill Deblasio's home, there was a group protesting his new mandate that customers show proof of vaccination in order to enter restaurants, gyms, and theaters. It was a mix of hardcore anti vaxxers, people who are okay with vaccines but hated the mandate, and then, of course some people who put together a joker costume once loved the attention, so now that's pretty much all they do.
Speaker 3: I'm the only one in my family that hasn't gotten the vaccine. It's not approved by FDA. I don't know what's in that. Women are miscarrying, people are having a DNA's wiped out.
Speaker 4: What what do you mean the completely wiped out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're telling women that it's okay for you to get the vaccine.
Speaker 4: What does it mean their DNA has wiped out right. Their the immunity, their immunity.
Speaker 2: It's getting like COVID wiped out six hundred thousand DNAs. Yes, of course, you know.
Speaker 5: Actually some people have died from the vaccine.
Speaker 4: Don't believe me, Go to the media, go to the Google.
Speaker 2: Or some people have died from COVID. Yes, so many more than from the vaccine.
Speaker 5: One thing with me, I try not to argue facts.
Speaker 6: I don't believe that suggesting strongly and coming out with mandates for a vaccine is a way of medical intervention.
Speaker 4: This is not what I believe in.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of quotes. People from both sides of the issue came from far and wide to express their hate or love of vaccines.
Speaker 4: I think you're killing people.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 8: Let me hopeful you know and Ted Cruse have both the vaccinated.
Speaker 2: This is why I love doing interviews in New York. You're from Pennsylvania, yes, because we know it's coming to Pennsylvania. How important is it like that to think ahead to protect something before it gets out of control. It's everything.
Speaker 6: It's everything, because once it's gone out of control, you.
Speaker 4: Don't wheel it in right like.
Speaker 2: That's why it's important for everybody get a vaccine. Squash it before it gets out of control. That's why what it's important that we take the vaccine, squash it, get gone.
Speaker 9: Said that you want?
Speaker 2: Are you nuts? What were you talking about?
Speaker 10: Talking to you?
Speaker 4: What were you talking about? I am not for the vaccine.
Speaker 6: Are you want to mind?
Speaker 4: What you were just talking about?
Speaker 2: Getting ahead of it, getting ahead of the mandate. The mandate is what's spreading.
Speaker 4: Yes, we don't.
Speaker 2: Want the mandate to come to PA.
Speaker 4: We don't want to take the vaccine. Oh why should you see why?
Speaker 2: I'm confused? Though clearly putting potentially harmful toxins into your body was something these anti vax mandate health nuts we're very concerned about.
Speaker 4: Said that Da Cruz and are running for city council, running for New York office.
Speaker 2: That's a Republican.
Speaker 4: As a Republican, the science is still you.
Speaker 11: We still have Western marks. We rushed the science.
Speaker 4: We were moving at warp speed.
Speaker 2: Well, we moved the warp speed.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump rushed it?
Speaker 2: Not correct? Who rushed it?
Speaker 11: Who rushed it?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you how about if we change places?
Speaker 11: And then I started talking to you.
Speaker 4: You're the one who's running for public office.
Speaker 2: The Republicans of New York were clearly trying to move on from the past and in sough cases forgetting it completely.
Speaker 9: My name is Vishburgh and I'm the vice president of the New York Young Republican Club. This is a protest against the anti freedom mandates from a petty tyrant like Bill Deblasio.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is something that Founding fathers would be would support.
Speaker 9: The Founding fathers would support vaccine mandated? Yeah, no, I don't believe.
Speaker 4: So George Washington had a vaccine mandate.
Speaker 9: Well that's okay, Oh, that's okay.
Speaker 4: Oh he's a lower Founding father.
Speaker 9: I mean, I love the lore, but at the end of the day, we are the ones we have to deal with what is going on in America today.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna miss out on if this mandate prevents you from.
Speaker 9: Doing I just tried to get some time. I love Thai food. I just tried to get some Thai food around the corner. They told me I couldn't sit down and eat.
Speaker 4: That can't go in a restaurant, I can't go to music cloud.
Speaker 1: Fifty more people were not gonna go out to eat.
Speaker 4: Are they gonna get food exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe don't go out of state and come back. Who knows if only like the city had a seamless way to get food to their door, fresh direct way to get.
Speaker 4: There, you know, maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Their point is this mandate is a slippery slope that only leads to hperbole.
Speaker 4: So many don't get it.
Speaker 13: It's nineteen thirty seven and never again is now.
Speaker 5: Do not comply to showing your papers.
Speaker 8: This is in Nazi Germany.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can help me out.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing signs that say vaccine mandates are fascism and also signs that say vaccine mandates are communism.
Speaker 4: Which one is?
Speaker 2: It's it's both those are dimsrically opposed ideologies.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's He's more like a dictatorship. Like we're living in like a Nazi Germany, and the only thing that's missing is the camps in the gas.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening right now. Yes, because you can't go to a concert, I can't go.
Speaker 3: To a concert, I can't go to a gym.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's what it was like in Nazi Germany? People were bitching about not going to a gym. Regardless of our differences, this was still new York a melting pot crammed onto an island, then pushed into a subway car with a rat eating pizza. You're not left or right. You're a New Yorker and we're in this together.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've heard that we we live in a society line a million times, and we're over it.
Speaker 4: The way the people think holds no sway for you. No we the people is who are then?
Speaker 2: Who are the.
Speaker 4: People of the way of the people that you are willing to support?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 9: Definitely not the illegal immigrants that are bringing COVID over over our border right now, that's for sure. I do not believe that vaccine mandates are constitutionally uh supported.
Speaker 2: Which is a bummer because the Supreme Court has upheld it many times. It's not my court, all right, Well, enjoy, I hope you don't get sick. Good luck to everyone out there, and may you get the padcu our founding fathers said you deserve to eat inside during a global pandemic. The discussion around vaccines and mandates tends to pit red state versus blue. But I had heard there was vaccine hesitancy and misinformation and the elitist of the elite Blue corners of the US. So I headed to a protest in sunny southern California. I came to California curious if the anti vax mandate crowd would talk to me. Then I realized I brought a camera and we're in southern California. I think I'll be fuck.
Speaker 4: Is this an anti vaccination?
Speaker 11: It's not an anti vax So don't go there.
Speaker 2: Don't go there.
Speaker 4: Please, don't.
Speaker 2: Are you vaccinated? I am not, so you're anti vaxed.
Speaker 4: I do not want to get the vaccination for COVID.
Speaker 2: Do you support people's freedom choice? Don't you benefit from a society that supports that by getting vaccinated?
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be able to for say that stuff on people.
Speaker 9: It's step one.
Speaker 4: Then it'll be step two.
Speaker 2: What's step two?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 4: I'm not a conspiracy theorist series. We have step one with polio.
Speaker 9: You didn't really mandate that the people were docile back in the industrial stage, that they were more willing to take these shots.
Speaker 4: Polio is mandated for students going to school. Polyo has to be because we know what it's done.
Speaker 2: No, we know what COVID's done. I mean, there's seven hundred and fifty thousand people who have a pretty good idea. Jay, do you trust the vaccine whatsoever? Zero?
Speaker 12: Like zero percent? And because I know what the the end goal is?
Speaker 4: What's the end goal?
Speaker 12: Bill Gates said in the twenty fifteen if we can get all these health things vaccination, we can reduce the population by ten to fifteen percent. What's fifteen percent of seven billion? That's a billion people.
Speaker 2: The vaccine is all about depopulation. They've said that. So this is just Bill Gate's pet project to depopulate the globe.
Speaker 12: He's probably a puppet of the people above him.
Speaker 2: Which are who no clue. It's a big claim to say there is a giant plan to kill half the population and not have a thanos to point to. So why does the conversation on this sokel boardwalk sound like a shawnees In Lancaster, PA. I talked to Derek Barris, who's been tracking this coastal elite anti vax movement for years.
Speaker 14: You've had a long anti vaccines sentiment here. Specifically, in twenty seventeen, there was a measles outbreak right over there in Brentwood in Santa Monica where an eradicated disease in America sprung up again. This idea of bodily sovereignty has really come about since the pandemic, but that has been taught for decades inside of yoga studios in America.
Speaker 2: Bodily sovereignty sounds a lot like what I told my parents I was doing freshman year of high school.
Speaker 14: You have pretty liberal parents, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my body, I could do what I want with it as often as I want to do wherever I want in the living room. You still hear people hear about anti vax and they think maga world. But now we're this wellness which we see maybe more to the left.
Speaker 14: Center for Countering Digital Hate identified twelve practitioners in the wellness space that were responsible for something like seventy percent of the vaccine disinformation on social media.
Speaker 2: Turns out, ignoring the advice of the medical experts and sacrificing the health of the community at large can actually be quite profitable for the wellness business.
Speaker 14: Everyone knows about ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin at this moment, the idea that that could help you have meditations that are sold that are supposed to ward off COVID. You also have different breathing techniques. Some practitioners, including here in Los Angeles, teach breathing workshops because COVID is a respiratory illness, and so their belief is, well, if you're breathing properly, it won't actually affect you.
Speaker 2: You can breathe your way out of COVID.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's a class you can pay for.
Speaker 14: Yes, that is absolutely a class you could pay for.
Speaker 2: Like, how many smoothies does one have to ingest to get to the point where they can completely disregard the health of the community they live in.
Speaker 14: In Los Angeles one because they're usually twenty five dollars.
Speaker 4: I never knew there's that many parts of honey to ject.
Speaker 14: And the honey is blessed by a shaman from Tibet, so you're paying for that as well. You have to remember that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk to these people, so I set up outside of the boogiest health food market in Venice Beach, and I also had a hankering for an activated charcoal bone broth rose hip spoothy cur ale.
Speaker 4: Are you vaccinated?
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not. You're not.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Are you fearful of catching COVID?
Speaker 7: No? No, I think that it's more about the lifestyle versus like vaccinated not vaccinated.
Speaker 2: What is the lifestyle like being healthy?
Speaker 7: Like taking care of yourself, like your mind, your body. If you live a lifestyle of wellness, then your body should be able to handle COVID.
Speaker 4: So what do you recommend for basic public health?
Speaker 10: Eating healthy, boosting your immunity system, and don't watch the news because it's just brainwashing you the fear, and the fear is lowering your frequency.
Speaker 2: I am to eat fish, and.
Speaker 10: Only certain kind of fish, like for example, I don't eat tuna. And I actually found that out when I was trying to feed tuna to my cat and she shook her head and walked off.
Speaker 2: Do you often take medical advice from a cat?
Speaker 10: In general? From nature?
Speaker 2: From nature? What do you think of the COVID vaccine?
Speaker 10: I don't think it's a vaccine. I think it's snapping the DNA in Huh.
Speaker 2: When did you hear this a Siamese cat? You recommend for public health? People meditating, of course, people working out in groups.
Speaker 11: Definitely, eating healthy, Definitely, COVID.
Speaker 2: Vaccine, No nook, coffee and ema possibly okay, maybe on the coffee nima definite, hard, no on the COVID vaccine.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not an anti vaxxer per se. I'm a staunch and dimndate person.
Speaker 4: Can I ask are you both vaccinated?
Speaker 2: Sorry, we don't for the status. I just you don't want to share your vaccine status. That's okay. I'm vaccinated and look how I look. Don't judge me. I know everybody in LA is judging people. I'm in LA five, the New York six, and a DC twelve to cold but fair. Now, what say you, dude? I want to talk about wellness and public health and trust me, we'll get to your script later. Can I ask you are you vaccinated?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: Do you find that most people in Los Angeles that you encounter are vaccinats.
Speaker 5: Like I'm kind of a New Yorker?
Speaker 14: Yeah, And there there's a sense of like civic duty. There isn't so much of that here, to be totally honest, It's more like, well, I had to get vaccinated because I'm paying a trip to.
Speaker 2: To lou So if more Americans were dangled a trip to lou we might get that vaccination rate up in the nineties. No matter what part of the anti vaxx world they come from. There's one comparison they just can't resist making.
Speaker 10: I think what's interesting, especially coming from Germany. I think history is repeating itself right now?
Speaker 2: What are you saying that they've.
Speaker 10: Seen Mendetes and everything. It's like it's turning into a police date.
Speaker 4: And you're equating it to World War II era Germany.
Speaker 10: Yes, where is your papers? Where are your papers? It's very similar to the Hitler times.
Speaker 2: But like Jewish people are fleeing Poland because they can't get into gyms.
Speaker 10: It's not funny.
Speaker 4: But is that comparison?
Speaker 10: Though? You just didn't get the point. Sorry, I'm good bye.
Speaker 2: Maybe historical dramas aren't big in LA, but certainly there is commercial viability and saving humanity right or in LA. Maybe there's an elevator pitch here, right, so zoom in on a country at warwick itself, and then a magical cure comes along that helps people take care of the rest of their community by making a choice to help other people. Would you buy that ticket?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Nope? Okay. Three weeks ago, north of the border, a new kind of protest emerged. The trucker convoy has arrived in Autawall, this city.
Speaker 10: In the downtown Core remains gridlocked.
Speaker 9: Some residencires say that they really can take no more.
Speaker 2: So I traveled to Ottawa expecting to find some Canada nice, but their messaging was a bit more. Course. These trucks shut down businesses and made roads impassable. Can I go?
Speaker 4: Can I go around here?
Speaker 2: How do I? How do I get around?
Speaker 8: But?
Speaker 2: How long were the protesters planning to paralyze Canada's cap best city?
Speaker 4: David?
Speaker 2: How long have you been here?
Speaker 4: I've been here, stay one, holding down the floor pretty much. I'm not going anywhere. I'm coming in from New York. I go by Brooklyn's kindness on the same.
Speaker 2: Baby, You're able to stay here up to two years.
Speaker 4: You're committed to be being here for two years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because two years is nothing?
Speaker 4: Are you going to keep up the energy to be here for two years? People bring stimulants.
Speaker 2: The people will bring it. I spoke a lot of weed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, right, yeah, but that's just to calm me down or keep me keep me centered.
Speaker 4: Are you ordering it at all with weed?
Speaker 2: Paranoia that might creep in?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, do you think the government is coming for you?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Costly?
Speaker 3: There are you like night a little tactics they try to if they move around, they move in, they add more.
Speaker 2: Are your paradise?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 15: Sure?
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff do you haul?
Speaker 8: I haul everything In twenty twenty, I hauled from food to.
Speaker 2: Building supplies to medical supply. You have my end table that I ordered from Wayfair like three weeks ago. Is probably a city either in Montreal or Toronto or get order it's it would really la grain in my apartment. So what exactly was the point of interrupting the supply chain?
Speaker 4: So what is this all about?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 2: Sorry, what is this all about?
Speaker 8: This is about our freedoms?
Speaker 2: Could you be any more generic?
Speaker 8: You know, if you are vaccinated, you get to do certain things. If you're not vaccinated, you don't. I don't think people should be divided. We should all be together united.
Speaker 2: We're setting up essentially a truck barrier to keep everybody together so they can be united. Yes, gotcha? Yeah, we might as well lock them in, sort of like a parent who locks the door and says, you guys are in here until the water runs out. You become friends or democracy crumbs.
Speaker 12: Yes, and if you're not vaccinated, you're literally a second class citizen in this country. I can't go to the restaurant, I can't go play hockey, I can't go watch the Ottawa Senators.
Speaker 2: We don't live in Germany.
Speaker 11: We don't live in Nazi Germany.
Speaker 15: Uth.
Speaker 5: Those days are over, so show me your papers don't happen anymore.
Speaker 2: That's a freedom that ever, shou is the Germany comparison a stretch here in Canada?
Speaker 4: No, are you afraid of cultural appropriation?
Speaker 2: Probably American cultural appropriation because we use the German excuse all the time. Oddly enough, that wasn't the only thing Canadians were appropriating.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hate to use that slogan, but uh, make North America grade again and.
Speaker 1: Meet North America grade again.
Speaker 11: And I don't mean to use that guy's word, but it's true.
Speaker 4: To be honest, it wasn't even his. He's still from another guy before him.
Speaker 2: I see the Q army on your head.
Speaker 4: Isn't Q the American thing? Trying to find jfk' junior?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yes, exactly what Q shit is going down here?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Q is a you listen?
Speaker 4: Oh, so this is like a Yankees had I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, the C thing might just be a fashion choice, but they're definitely reading the same Internet as many Americans.
Speaker 5: And it's more than.
Speaker 9: Just a vaccine past part of the stuff.
Speaker 11: What else The Agenda twenty thirty is a good start.
Speaker 4: On's Agenda twenty thirty.
Speaker 7: And try the world's hand toward Juan government.
Speaker 5: They want to sterilize U said, only certain people.
Speaker 10: Can have cats.
Speaker 2: You're afraid the government will sterilize you.
Speaker 5: Probably not me, but down the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in two weeks in the cab of a truck pissing in a mountain, Deuke can tamping too good for the sperm production. Probably stare out of petty through what's today for so Margaret Atwood. Audio books are apparently a thing with Canadian truckers, and while shutting down a city seems to have many obvious downsides. Hey here's great. Hey Hi, Yeah, have you seen prius around here? Some see an opportunity coming from liberal gridlock.
Speaker 9: The truckers are bringing in customers.
Speaker 2: They're bringing in tourists from.
Speaker 5: Montreal, from all across Canada.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to check this out. This is essentially a tourist booma.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 2: You can feel the tourism in the air, right you can smell and it smells like amphetamines and uh drift or blood.
Speaker 10: Definitely.
Speaker 2: The flood of eighteen wheeler driving tourists and their Canadian af outfits created legitimate tension with residents of the city.
Speaker 3: Knowing what you hear.
Speaker 2: The downtown was shut and there was palpable anger directed at local media.
Speaker 13: News is Live.
Speaker 1: They're still lying, guys, there's still lying.
Speaker 2: And even at the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: He wants this tyranny get food over here.
Speaker 2: We've been walking around here. Uh, there seems to be a real distrust of media here. Well, for sure, there's a lot of cameras up in your face, cameras on cameras and while Canadian looks authorities have finally enacted emergency measures to try to clear the convoy, so far the trucks are still there, and a well funded, never ending street party infused with misinformation and nationalism feels remarkably possible in our own land of the Free. Where does this movement and go from here?
Speaker 8: I believe it's going to be worldwide.
Speaker 2: It's going to come to America. Yes, definitely think this is inspiring the dickheads of America.
Speaker 4: Part of me, this is inspiring the dickheads of America.
Speaker 8: It's inspiring people people of America to join together to stand for freedom.
Speaker 2: Okay, if they do come to America, then maybe I'll finally get my feed end table. I'm in Johnson County of North Carolina, marching with anti mask protesters to what has become America's near Thunderdomin school board meetings, North Carolina parents are desperate to get their kids backed into schools, both packed ICUs and COVID cases and children four times what they were last year. New studies in the CDC are recommending masks as a way to keep in person learning, but packed school board meetings and new stars of the right are upset because putting on a piece of cloth is just too much.
Speaker 4: I'm against all mandates, so from there, I don't be. Where it's mask, where it's vaccinations, I'm against it.
Speaker 5: All masks will never protect Americans.
Speaker 4: Masks don't work.
Speaker 2: My child was suffering after wearing his mask.
Speaker 6: For so long.
Speaker 4: What kind of issues has he had? He's had acne on his face from you know, the mask covering and not letting his skin Breathe has he had COVID? No, but he has that acne. Yes, So have you had to choose. Now, what's wrong with having children wear masks in school?
Speaker 6: Well, you're breathing in the toxins that your body is trying to get rid of.
Speaker 4: How are surgeons to it?
Speaker 2: That is a good question. There's been some new studies that have come out, both by the CDC and by even Duke University talking about mask being helpful, especially in a school situation.
Speaker 5: I challenge anybody put a mask on and five minutes later smell that.
Speaker 2: So there's science and then there's the smell test, and you're going with the smell test. Yes, what are some of the ways kids suffer when they have to wear masks?
Speaker 15: I think breathing. I've done a little bit of research about the carbon and the oxide that people were saying is an issue now with the mask.
Speaker 2: Wearing a mask helps stop the spread of COVID in settings like a school, But they.
Speaker 15: They still they're outside like right now. I mean, I mean this is a kind of example. There's kids out there playing and stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, we're outside right now. When you go inside. Isn't it beneficial to wear a mask if you're close to someone?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Uh No, I don't, I mean, I don't think zoo.
Speaker 2: The science says it is helpful to wear a mask so it doesn't spread when you're in close proximity indoors.
Speaker 4: The science, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: I don't think. I mean because they're oh, I don't know, I just do yeah, and it is I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So some people are bewildered by science, both the practice and the word.
Speaker 4: But maybe scary images like full ICUs would.
Speaker 2: Have an impact wearing a mask.
Speaker 7: What's the harm?
Speaker 9: Well, for kids, the harm is they can't gauge emotional awareness of other kids.
Speaker 4: They don't see the facial expressions.
Speaker 2: Do you think not being able to seek people's lower halves of faced outweighs the dangers that COVID might pose to kids and communities.
Speaker 9: Well, the dangers are what you think they are.
Speaker 4: The ICUs here are full.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but how many positive tests in all of North Carolina have died?
Speaker 2: How many are sick?
Speaker 4: The ones in the ICU are pretty sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah many ICUs three times in the last year and a half with my wife and have questioned the nurses and doctors.
Speaker 2: You have ICUs full of people suffering from COVID right here.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Is that true? Are they just being the diagnosed with so paper? I walked through the hospitals. I video taken inside the hospitals and guess what is not full of COVID paces.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm worried about COVID and security measures at North Carolina hospitals. Like so many of these school board battles, it was never about just one thing, but more of a general airing of grievances. We got a governor here that thinks it's okay to have CRT in the classroom.
Speaker 9: The focus on hesitating and not indoctrinating our children here in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: No CRT, that's ridiculous. We're saving the kids from all that's going on with CRT critical race theory.
Speaker 2: Here in North Carolina. They don't need to learn about racism in school.
Speaker 5: Where are they going to learn about racism?
Speaker 4: Most walking past one of the tobacco field.
Speaker 5: Well, no, not walking past the tobacco field. So you know, it's not like that.
Speaker 2: It was hard to sum up the outrage of that afternoon. There were many thoughtful political statements being made, but looking around, it was difficult to miss the real catchphrase of the day. I don't co parent with the government.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't want to copare with the government. Don't get pregnant in taxes. There we go. Don't get pregnant anywhere.
Speaker 2: Your kids go to private school, enrolled in public school. Isn't that kind of co parenting with the government.
Speaker 4: No, it isn't, because you know why, we have a board of education.
Speaker 2: We also elect who our officials are. We get to have a voice, right, so you work with the government we do in parenting decisions. Yeah, you're in public school, so you do kind of copare with the government in that regard.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: If you want to say, my taxes pay for that, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: You're giving a back your child tax credit.
Speaker 2: So I mean, this crowd that was ready to fight for what they believed in was using the power of democracy that was bestowed upon all of us by our founding fathers.
Speaker 4: Did you vote for school board?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 15: No, I don't even vote.
Speaker 4: You don't even vote. You could vote for somebody who reflects your values.
Speaker 2: I could vote. You're right, but that's a hassle.
Speaker 10: Take the time to do what I'm so.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, they saw this as a fight against something much more disturbing than kids face coverings.
Speaker 11: It's terrible for them to wear masks.
Speaker 4: Absolutely it's just absolutely terrible.
Speaker 11: It's a sign of slavery.
Speaker 4: Basically, wear a mask a sign of flavory.
Speaker 2: I discovered in my research also that Satanist staying six feet apart, they wear masks during the rituals.
Speaker 4: Satanists Satanists rituals.
Speaker 2: That's big part wear masks.
Speaker 1: I don't know is a coincidence.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Satanism is where war with Satan aren't we doing? I think we're winning.
Speaker 4: Good Look, finally some good news.
Speaker 2: I have no fears, no fears, but a healthy belief in Satanism, and it's affecting the covid or.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Vaccination is still going a bit slow in America, and we should be this talk by now, but we're not. And it's definitely gonna come up at your holiday gatherings, so that you're prepared for those conversations. Here is our gift to you. These are moments from past rallies we haven't shown before with some truly unique arguments from the vaccine hesitant crowd. I haven't seen that it's been life saving at all.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot more people in the hospital after they got this vaccine than you know.
Speaker 2: It being right now, in North Carolina, ninety two percent of the people who are in the hospital because of COVID are unvaccinated. Is that wear you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No where?
Speaker 4: Nowadays? Can the unvaccinated congregate basically nowhere unless the former group? Yeah, unless it's the ICU.
Speaker 11: What's that you reminds you?
Speaker 2: That tends to be a where many of the unvaccinated congregate. O. Great, Yeah, the ICUs here are full.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but in the general scope of things, of the entire population of everybody who's been tested, what is that way.
Speaker 4: Out to a full ICU? Was just a full ICU? Kids need to see the lower half of other kids' faces. That seemed like a take.
Speaker 6: I'm not an anti vaxxer. Just don't be putting some shit in my don't be putting some stuff in my body that is improving.
Speaker 2: It's not proven, right, So your issues that maybe they rushed this through too fast?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like it was an issue that America moved at warp speed?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did. Who did you support in the last election? Do you think he deserves more credit for what he did with the vaccine kills?
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 6: Biden gets in Biden gets the credit for the vaccine Oh? Yeah, give me the vaccine.
Speaker 4: So Trump deserves more credit or less credit.
Speaker 2: I think Trump did what he could do, would to move the vaccine at warp speed he which you were against like a second ago. Do you have a distrust about some of the narratives that are going on?
Speaker 11: And I have a lot of distrust.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about that.
Speaker 11: It's too long.
Speaker 4: Where are you getting your information about that?
Speaker 5: I have a lot of information, just like you guys all get your information.
Speaker 2: Where do you go for your information?
Speaker 4: From a lot of places?
Speaker 2: Specifically, what are you gonna miss out on if this mandate prevents you from doing I.
Speaker 9: Just tried to get some tie I love thy food. I just tried to get some tay food around the corner. They told me I couldn't sit down and eat unless you know I had a vaccine mandate. Now, I believe things like that were said doing Martin Luther King when he tried to walk into places to eat. But they said they had a different reason to make him a second class citizen.
Speaker 2: Compare yourself to MLK are big words for a guy wearing eighties B boy jeans.
Speaker 9: Actually these are not eighties B boys jeans. They are new true religions. I know you can't tell because you're a Democrat and you can't afford these things.
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy.
Speaker 4: I hope you don't get sick.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I still haven't yet.
Speaker 1: Have you gotten COVID?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 11: That sucks too bad for you.
Speaker 4: That's the empathety that the young Republicans bring.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Where are you getting your information?
Speaker 11: Everywhere?
Speaker 2: Everywhere?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well not everywhere, but like too those places internet by word of mouth.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 11: I mean, you see uh a nice burrito and it has like farm fresh eggs in it.
Speaker 2: If you got to see the workers at visors make you a vaccine burrito, would you trust that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, tens of thousands of people have already died from the vaccine when the flu vaccine came out, or seventy five people died and they stopped it.
Speaker 4: To rework thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Where do you get that stat?
Speaker 6: I get that stat from the Oh gosh, the p A V P E A R, the one that puts out the stats.
Speaker 4: Let me ask my levee CDC. No, not the CDC.
Speaker 2: What's that? People? What's that?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 5: The v U L.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 12: They are violating bodily autonomy. They are creating the same as vaccine passports, which is.
Speaker 2: Illegal segregation, illegal segregation.
Speaker 12: We are going back to a state in which there are two groups of people, you have the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
Speaker 4: You feel like what's going on right now is back to sixties America creating that.
Speaker 12: A lot of my friends they concentrate on Nazi Germany. That's a whole other planet, that's a whole other country.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy comparison. Asking people to get a COVID vaccine holocaust comparison a little much, Jim Crow feels about right.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when someone asks you what they can get you for Christmas, just tell them to get vaccinated.
Speaker 13: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 2: Paramount Podcasts