Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 4: You're Still Philadelphia. Seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Park's Casino facill Oh.
Speaker 1: Baby Love Podcast to beat on the back DOWNE against weapon, You're in Power.
Speaker 4: Slabs of the seventy six Ers postgame show right now on ninety seven to five The Fanatic.
Speaker 3: This is the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino. The final score in Philadelphia, the visiting Bulls won forty two, the Sixers won ten. Sixers losing streak is at eight games. The Bulls have snapped their losing streak, although they played Phoenix very closely on Saturday afternoon at home, and then the game before that I had mentioned pregame was a two point loss to the Knicks, which at the Garden, which is the Sixers next game on Wednesday night. That was an overtime game for the Bulls. And they are one of the teams that shoots the most threes. They came in with the third most made threes in the NBA, behind Boston and Cleveland. They made eighteen tonight out of forty forty five percent. They shot fifty percent from the field, the old fifty forty ninety usually for players, but good indicator of team success. Ninety four percent of the line. A lot of free throws in this game, thirty four for thirty six for Chicago, twenty six of twenty nine for the Sixers, but they shot just thirty three percent from the field and twenty five percent from three. They were ten of forty while the Bulls were eighteen of forty from beyond the arc. Matt Murphy here with you postgame. Chicago won forty two. The Sixers won ten Sixers three home games in a row out of the All Star Break Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago. All the visiting squads leave with a w. Paul George led the Sixers with nineteen points tonight, no mb'd and the latest on that was some testing today, testing tomorrow looking at options with the left knee out left knee injury management. Tonight, Maxi was questionable coming in with a finger injury on his shooting hand, had it taped up. He scored thirteen points all in the first half. Played less than thirty minutes in the game. Leading scorer in the game was Josh Giddy with twenty five points. He had sixteen rebounds as well six assists, did have six turnovers, three block shots. He had seventeen of his twenty five in the first half. He's been playing very well for Chicago. One of the top double double guards in the entire NBA, fourth coming in among guards, and he picks up another one eight of eleven shooting. You could look at their side of this box score as we await Nick Nurse postgame and see a lot of stats that jump off the page. Dalan Terry, off the bench, tied a career high with seventeen points, but after Giddy's twenty five. It was Kevin Hurd, the former Atlanta Hawk and Sacramento King, who came over to Chicago. At the deadline, they traded Zach Levine in a three team deal. He made seven threes twenty three points, was a plus thirty nine. Zach Collins also acquired that deadline started. Nick Vucevich, the former sixer, was scratched today, so Zach Collins started at center at nineteen points was a plus forty one, and Madis Bozellis, the rookie, was a plus forty with seventeen points. On the sixer side, sixteen of Paul George's nineteen points were in the first half.
Speaker 1: Of this game.
Speaker 3: And let's grab Tom McGinnis here as we await the coach and Tom, I know the three point numbers ended up very strong for Chicago, but how did they how did they build this lead?
Speaker 1: Early?
Speaker 3: To me, it looked like a lot of cutting behind the defense and finding just space in the Sixers defense.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting, like the rim protection in the last two games for the Sixers both Brooklyn and Boston was not there, and Chicago did the same thing. Like every now and then there was pressure, but it would be let's say, you know, thirteen or fourteen feet in the and then the Bulls get through it and they got right to the basket. And yeah, they whistled the ball on the perimeter. And one thing about five out when you were four out with a screener like Collins, you know, you create cutting angles and passing lanes. And they did a great job in giddy he pushes. Lonzo started was in there at the beginning, the same thing they're looking for, you know, cutters and whatnot. I thought they did a really good job, and Herder was spotting up and making the threes, and they just picked the Sixers apart and set a tone early and then just continue to dominate, particularly in that third quarter, holding the Sixers to eighteen. I think they racked up forty points in that quarter. Yeah, forty to eighteen in the third. It was a very similar first quarter to Saturday against Brooklyn in which Brooklyn won the start forty to thirty. It was thirty nine to thirty after one tonight in favor of the Bulls. I know Nick Nurse was saying to you before the game, that just transitioned defense, sitting down guarding the ball with some physicality moving our feet. It wasn't always the guy carrying the ball across half court. He said.
Speaker 3: They get into the lane and they make the pass off of it, and these Bulls guys just got behind the defense. Now you get New York on Wednesday, and the Bulls just played them to overtime and they're a five out team. The Sixers have dropped both of the first two games. But people might remember the overtime game here in Brunson kind of taking over the overtime. It's rivalry game Wednesday, the team you met in the playoffs. And I guess you just await the MBD news and updates. And Maxie didn't look like the normal Maxie tonight.
Speaker 1: No, it did look like that finger affected him, right, And that's.
Speaker 3: The shooting hand compared to Paul George, the non shooting hand, and with the injured pinky.
Speaker 1: And you know he didn't Tirees didn't shoot it particularly well, three of ten, which is not near his standard, but top a couple of times when you watched the dribble, not even guarded, he just lost the handle. So and then you know, like it was a telltale sign. Right after that, they looked right at his hands. So again New York, like it's you know, we talked so much about these teams that play fast paced and with a perimeter based approach like Chicago, like Boston Brooklyn, but it's again, points in the pain. It's not just the analytics of the game today is the threes, but also the baskets. And Brooklyn had sixty points in the paint, Chicago had fifty, and you know New York will punish you the same way. So this is this was a really, you know, a rough, rough game for the Sixers, no doubt about it. And like I think we named a player again, but the unsung hero for Chicago was Giddy. He played particularly well. So yeah, New York and not an easy And then you come back with the Warriors. They're five and one, with Jimmy Butler having joined them.
Speaker 3: Two days without a game before that one. That'll be a Saturday night game at eight thirty local start here the latest remaining game on the sixth or schedule for the East Coast fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is this is tough because you think, you know coming out, you talk about out of the All Star Break a sprint still got a chance twenty eight games to go home games to begin, and then you know it starts like this, and this is difficult to lose these three games, not just the losses, but the the difference that you know tonight, to lose by thirty two points in a game.
Speaker 3: Fifty at one point, by fifty yep, tough, quick, quicksilver lining is that if you need this series against Chicago and the last day of the regular season, you could still win it because you get four games against them this year and you won the two there. So if you need it, I had a guy you could win it on the last day of the season. We had a crazy last day of the regular season last year following the standings and who knows. But obviously that's not what a lot of people want to hear tonight, But it won't. The next and last meeting between these two and the regular season won't be for a while until April thirteenth and a one pm game here in Philly. But tonight it was all Bulls one forty two, one ten and Sixers at Knicks on Wednesday, Tom, thank.
Speaker 1: You all right, bye from New York. We'll see that.
Speaker 3: It's Wednesday night, one, one ten. The final score for the visiting Bulls. They had lost six in a row when I talk about their previous two games being closed, but they snap the streak. They extend the Sixers losing streak to eight games. Sixers are twenty and thirty seven. The Bulls are twenty three and thirty five. They had thirty two assists on forty five made field goals. And we'll take a quick break here as we will effort the postgame prescot diference from the Sixers head coach Nick Nurse as we always do. But we'll try for that. On the other side, you're listening to the Sixers post game Show presented by Parks Casino. Sixers Postgame Show presented by Parks Casino, The Bulls one forty two, the six Ers one ten. As we join Nick Nurse in progress.
Speaker 5: Well, obviously we're just not handling the situations that are that are going on with with guys in and out. I've tried to tried to handle it at different times this year, and just right now we're not handled it very well.
Speaker 2: I guess, like, what's your message I guess to the.
Speaker 4: To the team after a night like this one.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, I just said, there's a lot of games left and we've got to be professional. But you know, we've got to got to go out and play. You know, first of all, each everybody needs to look at themselves at what they can do better, and then look at what they can do better for the team and do our jobs. Man, be professional.
Speaker 1: When you said the.
Speaker 3: Vibe wasn't another kind of disappointing surprising given what you guys are trying to fight to get in?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think.
Speaker 5: I think what's what's hard to figure out is again, pretty much the same group of guys had a tremendous vibe. Uh just the last game, uh, especially late that was the same group of guys that was playing in the fourth quarter the other night. It's been a group of guys that have played really well together and hard at times this year. So yeah, it was very very disappointing.
Speaker 1: To do all of that.
Speaker 2: I guess what would you say as to outsiders that night, and look at your team right now in three games after the break, Joelle's situation to be like it, it ain't happen this Yearily, Maybe time to pivot in in some ways.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna keep trying to fight. I gotta get 'em back on track, gotta get 'em together, uh and keep playing. I don't really have time to analyze what outsiders are saying. We got to look at ourselves in the mirror and get to work and like I said, be more professional and go out there and give some effort and energy and play hard the record, given the record and a game like tonight, why not just shut down Joe.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: Just not there yet, Just not there yet as an organization.
Speaker 1: Is there anything on Gershon.
Speaker 5: And Gershwan got hurt in both eyes. He had accorder of abrasion and one and the other one's worse. We've got to get them checked out tomorrow. And Q had some tender night us in his knee flare up.
Speaker 3: And I do do you expect them to play on Wednesday in New York?
Speaker 4: I do not know yet.
Speaker 5: I don't give up at the right work, or do you feel that he would just kind of I don't know if they if they started tonight, right, We just didn't get start start tonight for whatever reason. Again, the vibe vibe is tough on them. Things that are going on are tough. Just couldn't respond tonight, but we will next game.
Speaker 3: Yep, Nick Nurse after the thirty two point defeat for the Sixers to the Chicago Bulls in Philadelphia. This is the seventy six Ers Parks Casino postgame show Matt Murphy with you at the center. The Sixers are twenty and thirty seven now fifty seven games into the eighty two games slate. They are zero and three after the All Star break. They lost five before the break consecutively. Chicago is twenty three and thirty five entering today. They were a game and a half up on the Sixers for the tenth and final spot in the play in tournament in the Eastern Conference. Brooklyn had leaped frogged the Sixers with the win here Saturday for the eleventh spot, but the standings between eight and twelve pretty close, and the Bulls now trail the season series to the Sixers two games to one. It will be the season finale that the teams play back here. They meet four times in the twenty four to twenty five season. Joel Embiid headlined the injury report. Coach s Nick Nurse talked a little bit towards where we joined about how at times the team has handled injuries well that they did not tonight, and it was Eric Gordon, Kyle Lowry, Justin Edwards and Embiid Embiid left knee injury management. Edwards has been dealing with a sprained ankle a few minutes into the first practice coming back from the All Star break, so he has missed three all three games. Gordon and Lowry both missed a couple before All Star. For Gordon it's a right wrist sprain. For Kyle Lowry it's right hip injury management, and then for Embiid it's lefknee injury management. Tests today ruled him out of tonight's game. More tests throughout the day and into tomorrow he was listed as questionable. Maxie was listed as questionable on the overnight injury report and then throughout the day with he had his pinky taped together his ring finger, but his right ring finger on his shooting hand taped to his pinky, and he scored all thirteen of his points in the first half. Tonight played twenty eight minutes and forty nine seconds. Paul George and Kelly Ubray had a team high with nineteen. Ubra matched George, and George scored sixteen of his nineteen in the first half. Ubra twelve of his nineteen in the first half. Twelve points each for Ricky Council the fourth and David Roddy off the bench. We'll hear the audio highlights here in a moment. Thirteen for Maxi, ten for Drummond backing up Yabu Sele. They were mentioned in the postgame there Yabu Sele and Quentin Grimes. I should say they didn't return late third quarter after Lonzo Ball on the Chicago side was ruled out at halftime with a head laceration, Yabusele the eye injuries plural and Grimes they said right knee soreness. They didn't come back in the second half. And these sixers who trailed seventy five fifty eight at halftime fall one forty two, won ten. They shot thirty nine percent in the game, twenty five percent from three and ninety from the line. The Bulls in the win shot fifty one percent forty five from three and above ninety four from the free throw line. Six Ers forty seven rebounds, Bulls forty four, but the Bulls thirty two assist to nineteen for the Sixers, seventeen turnovers for Philadelphia, fifteen for Chicago. Six from Josh Giddy, who did have great stats otherwise, twenty five point, sixteen rebounds, six assists, and three block shots along with a steal. Kevin Hurder game high seven to three pointers on a twenty three point night in his first start as a Chicago Bull. He'd been coming off the bench after the trade deadline move he was with Sacramento. That's where Zach Lavine is now. Sixers will play the Knicks on Wednesday. Bulls and Sixers tonight in South Philadelphia. Let's hear a couple of the calls from this game on the Parks Casino postgame show. Matt Murphy here with you at the center, embiid, Gordon Lowry and Edwards out joining McCain on the Sixers injury report for Chicago, Nick Vucevich was added with calf soreness, normally their starting center, so Zach Collins stepped in Io Desumu, Jalen Smith, and Patrick Williams out. Sixers use their thirty fifth different starting lineup in Game fifty seven, most in the NBA as far as starting lineups go, starting lineup variations, Tyrese Maxi, Quintin Grimes, Paul George, Kelly Oubre Junior, Gershon Yabu Sele Sixers came in on a seven game losing streak, the Bulls on a six game losing streak, and here's how it sounded, as called by Tom McGinnis. The Sixers in blue, the Bulls in red, Kelly Ubray Junior and aggressive start. Really an aggressive game all around. He had a dunk off the tip off the opening tip for the Sixers and another one in the first quarter in a five point game off an assist from Paul George.
Speaker 1: George with an Ubra catching go down the lane, Oh baby, hot jam by Ubray. Boy, he had a notion on the catch and he went in there and he did not mess around. Ubray with his second dunk of the game. Good dish by Paul George, Sixers down by five.
Speaker 3: Paul George with his nineteen points which Ubrey scored as well, had two assists, two rebounds, two steals, and two blocks. He also, like Max, he played less than thirty minutes. Ubray played thirty three shot seven of thirteen, didn't make any of his three threes, five for six of the line, nineteen points, eight rebounds, one assist for Kelly Ubray and the Sixers trailed the Bulls after one thirty nine thirty in the second quarter. Josh Gidty this is where he did most of his damage tonight. A fifteen point second quarter for Josh Getty included an early floater.
Speaker 1: Giddy on the move left hand dribble, takes a hits, puts it up and end and Chicago's scoring with these rim protection not there points in the paint. They've got eighteen and then also go down to a fast break point Bulls by fourteen.
Speaker 3: Forty six thirty two. Giddy averages twelve point seven point seven point three rebounds, six point four assists. He had twenty five sixteen and six Bulls fourteen point lead later in the second quarter. It's Paul George who had sixteen in the first half on the drive.
Speaker 1: Twenty point game one fifteen to go in the first half, driving Paul George lad it up and good George down low right underhand scoop nine time All Star Paul George in his first year in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Seventy three fifty five Chicago lead at the time of that Paul George basket. He did not miss in the second quarter four for four, including a three nine points for George in the frame. Giddy for his fifteen did not miss either in the second six for six. He also made his only three point attempts, and he made both of his free throws, and the Bulls at a seventy five to fifty eight lead at halftime, their third seventy point first half of the season. Lonzo Ball only played in the first half of this game, eight minutes and sixteen seconds. He started and did not return because of a head laceration. Six points. Both of his threes went down Bowls by seventeen into the third quarter, where Kobe White had a double digit scoring quarter with eleven, including a couple of threes. But speaking of threes, Kevin Herder made a bunch in this game, and in this corner and this quarter. White was on the assisting end of them. Here's the third in a row in the third.
Speaker 1: The Bulls down the court. Here's another play by Phillips into the lane as Zach Collins, he goes up, kicks it back out Kobe White right side Herder. He'll see up another three and in. Kevin Herder has made seven threes and the Bulls are point blowing out the Sixers one.
Speaker 3: Two sixty nine, seven for eleven from three, Herder a season high seven threes. He has an eight three pointer game back in twenty twenty three with the Kings against the Bucks, and he had twenty three points tonight in his first start with Chicago. Bulls won fifteen to seventy six. After three, the score one hundred and fifteen to seventy six. They went six for nine from beyond the arc.
Speaker 1: In the third.
Speaker 3: The Sixers were zero for seven and had from three in the quarter and had eight turnovers in it, and then the lead ballooned to as many as fifty in the game. By this point, I mean it was decided fourth quarter. Tons of chance for David Roddy from the Sixers fans, who in ten minutes and thirty seconds had twelve points on five of eleven, shooting two for seven from three. Six Ers two way contract player that was signed to that type of deal after a ten day contract. Recently former draft pick that was traded Ford Anthony Melton on Draft Night. The final score Chicago won forty two, the Sixers won ten. They are twenty three and thirty five. The Bulls Sixers are twenty and thirty seven and will return to action on Wednesday on the road at Madison Square Garden. That will be it for tonight's seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino. Again the Bulls a thirty two point win in Philly thanks to our engineer Marty Dickerson, producers Matt Manerik and Sean Rodman, and of course Tom McGinnis on the call. That Wednesday game is a seven pm Eastern road start against the Knicks, and our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino, will begin at six point fifty Eastern with Sixers and sixty beforehand on ninety seven five to fanatic. Until then, I'm Matt Murphy saying so long from the center, Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Take care,