Speaker 1: Well, hello, this is our first time reporting since the start of the Los Angeles fires, the many many Los Angeles fires. Yeah, writer, you flew home kind of right at the Yeah, in the midst it had just kind of started really well.
Speaker 2: By the time we landed, it was kind of raging. Yeah, okay, it was. It was happening because.
Speaker 1: You got back on a Thursday, and the fire started on a Tuesday, So you're right. We had had two full days.
Speaker 3: Of intense winds and fire.
Speaker 4: The winds were I'd never been I mean, I've been in East Coast hurricanes and I've never been in winds like that. I mean, obviously I wasn't in huge hurricanes, but growing up in cant you'd have the occasional hurricane would blow through the winds that Tuesday night here in Los Angeles were there was a wind in our town, Danielle, that was ninety eight miles an hour. I know.
Speaker 1: And you know, growing up in Orange County, we get the Santa Ana wins really strong or Santa Anna is in Orange County, like, we get really strong winds. And I have experienced I've lived in southern California my entire life. I have experienced intense winds. Those winds Tuesday night, the whole house was shaking. It sounded like an earthquake. Things that were, you know, tree branches dropping on the house that were allowed on cars.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, it was something I'd never really experienced.
Speaker 6: That nge.
Speaker 4: We had a massive one, like a massive branch that was probably a foot around that snap fell all the way down and then slammed against our gate, so ith like we were trapped inside. We couldn't get out the front way because I then didn't want to go out and start cutting it in the middle of the windstorm because it's right under the giant Ain't tree.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it was.
Speaker 4: I mean it was intense. That first night especially was crazy wind wise.
Speaker 1: And writer, what was your situation with knowing who was staying at your house or your cats had already been evacuated? What's the situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had we had friends staying at our house, but they actually left I think Tuesday morning, so our house was empty. And yeah, you know, it was just it was just like texting, emailing, catching up with everybody and just figuring out what you know, it's it's been crazy.
Speaker 5: Was there a chance your flight was going to be delayed or canceled. Was that ever?
Speaker 2: We thought so, but no, like I guess, like smoke doesn't, it didn't. It didn't affect like we were able to land. So yeah, we're we're Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just it was so.
Speaker 2: Bizarre to be away, uh and trying to catch up on who's been evacuated, where everybody is. Yeah, so we had friends can't come and get our cats, and they took our cats and.
Speaker 1: Closest to the Eton fire. Yeah, okay, so you're closest to the Eating fire. Will and I were closest to the Palisades Kenneth fire when that one and the Kenneth fire when that one started.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I think everybody that I know that lost their house was in Altadena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually I know I know one person in the Palisades, and Ala was very much our community. Like I feel like everybody has been buying in that neighborhood the last like five years, like that's been the that's been the up and coming spot, you know, So like we know a lot of people in that and just lost everything. I know.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: So many families both in Altadena and in the palisades have had those homes for fifty sixty years. Like they're homes of people who bought you know, decades and decades ago, and their grandparents still live there, or they've been passed down to kids. It's very a lot of generational homes. And we know, you know, I mean the number of people I know immediately who've lost their entire homes. I stop myself from saying who've lost everything, because I thankfully don't know anybody who lost a family member or a pet. I know a lot of people have. I don't know anybody personally who has. Everyone I know has said, my family is safe, my animals are safe. And I was able to leave at least with the clothes on my back and a suitcase packed. Possibly, But there are a lot of people who have, you know, really lost all their possessions, certainly, and all the memories that go along with those possessions, and you know, the stories. It's like, when we started, we've been on a roller coaster of whether or not we had to evacuate. Will and I were checking in with each other constantly. We got two evacuation warnings and then both of those ended.
Speaker 3: Up being lifted.
Speaker 1: But when you then go to start packing and thinking, okay, I've been given a warning, what are the things that are really important? It's crazy one how few things at first are really important. You're like, what are the things that are going to bring my kids comfort every night? The immediate things what do they sleep with? What do they sleep on? What are their favorite clothes? And and and then some pictures, and you go, wow, really, when I when it comes down to it, these few things are the only really important things. But then when you have a little bit more time, all of a sudden it occurred to me, what about all those Boy Meets World photos that I have in the garage, Like all of those things like they like I didn't think about those immediately thought of like my kids photos that are in the house, or like all those teen magazines I have of us, like all of those memories. And then it occurred to me, also in the garage are things like my Boy Meets World jackets and and like all of that stuff. And you think, wow, Jensen's Mom's stuff we have. You know, Jensen's mom passed a couple of years ago, and we've got a bin in our garage of her stuff. Of course, we have thumb drives of photos that we that we were able to grab really quickly. But then when you back away, you go, oh wow, if I expand on, just like what do I need in the immediate There are so many things that are attached to lifetimes of memories and experiences that that means something. And so, you know, while stuff is replaceable, when I like, my heart really breaks for the families who lost you know, things about their childhood, their parents' childhood, their kid's child.
Speaker 5: It's a really weird form of trauma, you know.
Speaker 2: I I kind of went through this firsthand with Shiloh.
Speaker 5: Shiloh lost everything fourteen fifteen years ago, God is it that wildfire?
Speaker 2: Wildfire in Santa Barbara, and you know, watching him go through it, it was really rough because there's something about losing your physical possessions. There's like this, there's there's a level of like you you don't want to be a to stuff, right like we all want to believe that we don't care about our stuff.
Speaker 5: So I know for Shiloh, like there was this part of him was like Okay, well I lost everything.
Speaker 2: I lost everything in my life, but I'm still okay, you know, I'm alive and and and my friends are and everybody's fine, and so I shouldn't worry about that. He almost couldn't allow himself to feel the sadness of like losing his stuff because he didn't want to be superficial.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense, Like, but the truth is we are attached to stuff.
Speaker 2: We do, have physical objects, we do and and it is so personal to lose that stuff.
Speaker 5: And it took him. It took him like a year. I mean it was. It was awful because he would go through these phases.
Speaker 2: Of like, oh, I'm fine and then just completely fall apart the next month.
Speaker 4: And I remember he so, you know, he moved in with me after the fire, and I remember one night him going, hey, I don't have a belt, Like it was it's all the little things like that, you don't think about it. And he literally didn't have a belt, and I was like, oh, let me, I'll go grab you one, because you just look down like, oh my god, I don't I don't even don't have that. And then you know, because I did the same thing, Daniel. You're walking around the house and it's kind of and I'm one of those people unfortunate. You guys always joke about how I never throw anything away. I attached sentimentality to an object. So it's you know, oh, I can't get rid of that shirt because I wore that shirt at blah blah blah, which at the end of the day is a ridiculous thing, but it's how my mind works. I touch an object and the memory comes back, and so you do you think about because I remember I was taking when Shiloh was here. We were having long talks at night where he was like, there is a wonderful freedom to it, and at the same time he's like, there's also a survivor's guilt to it, because he was like, people lost their lives, so me losing my clothes, I'm not going to sit here and bitch about it. But then you kind of have to allow yourself to go no, it's it's okay to be sad.
Speaker 5: That you lost all your stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's a man, There's going to be a lot going on and a lot of emotionalness.
Speaker 2: The next I mean, I feel like la, it's it's such as it's such an interesting emergency because it's actually like we're all freaked.
Speaker 5: Out and we're all feeling it right now.
Speaker 7: But the truth is it's going to be like two or three years of real work, Like this city is going to have to rebuild in such a crazy way, and I feel like the crisis is.
Speaker 5: It's really just beginning. And unfortunately in California.
Speaker 4: This is also the thing that people forget is this is just the first.
Speaker 5: Of the whammyes that is coming.
Speaker 4: Because when we get fires that are this bad in a place this dry, when it does rain.
Speaker 3: Then it's floods.
Speaker 5: It'll rain for three.
Speaker 4: Days and then there'll be floods in mudslines, and it's like, this is just the start of what's happening, and it is. Yeah, it's insane to watch all this stuff go on, but it's also you see the best and worst of humanity when when something like this happens and you're seeing people really coming together. I'm sure you know, right you're talking about texting your neighbors and getting in touch your neighbors.
Speaker 5: Our neighbors were all together.
Speaker 4: And walking our streets and patrolling the streets and seeing what people needed. And you really can see the best of people when this stuff comes to you.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I actually, like, you know, really optimistically, I think it's really going to bring.
Speaker 5: LA together together. I feel like the.
Speaker 2: City it kind of needs this, like you know, like we're going to be a better city. It's it's it's it's it's an identity crisis. But I feel I'm super positive, Like I'm amazed at how yeah, just how awesome people are and how much like yeah, like the gofund me pages like, uh, they've been they've been going crazy and it's like wow, Wow, people are really people really shut.
Speaker 3: And we're not gonna We're not going to tell you where to donate.
Speaker 1: If you have the ability to donate, you've seen a million places you can donate. La.
Speaker 3: The city is going to bounce back, we have.
Speaker 1: No doubt about that. But it will need some assistance. And we've all donated to our individual places and to a bunch of gofundmes for people we know who have lost their stuff. And yeah, we don't want to linger too long on that, but La, you will be back to your weird, quirky, wondrous.
Speaker 5: We're strong, we.
Speaker 3: Know you're resilient. You'll bounce back.
Speaker 1: I do want to announce that the unthinkable has happened. It's like the Boston Boston Red Sox winning the World Series in two thousand and four. Will not only one his first draft, he won two.
Speaker 5: Four and five.
Speaker 1: Both Will got the most votes for both the Season four and Season drags.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think season one of those you were definitely the leader.
Speaker 5: But I feel like another one was was. Yes, I'm trying to kill. I'm trying to remember. I hear anything that you losers are saying. I'd like to start by thanking my family.
Speaker 1: This entire time, for Connecticut, for Connecticut, for the fans. I want them both, on them both, so the streak has ended. I I agree with you, writer. I think at least one of those was just a pity totally.
Speaker 2: I think of season five right which one? It was like the most random collection of.
Speaker 5: Season five? Season five? I had the good because season.
Speaker 4: Five I had like raging Corey yea raging and I had Season five deserved.
Speaker 1: Season four and season four related on thick season and season.
Speaker 4: Four, And I'll say it again, pity is way underrated. I'll take it all the time. It's it's amazing.
Speaker 5: How do you think I got laid my first time? Is growing up? Pity my friend? Now you're the draft leader. I mean at this point you've wanted to know. I know, so I probably won one.
Speaker 4: Well, you won the Film Festival one and then I think you also won a Yeah, this is Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson. This is what this is my friend.
Speaker 5: Wow, those are words that mean nothing to man. Oh, sorry, this is this is Kureka guard. No, I exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, congratulations to Will, Thank you. Yes, I don't want to hear it anymore. I don't want to hear any more. Just bask in the glory I am.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do you have any idea the recruitment I'm gonna get from way better podcasts than this to just they're gonna want me on great stuff. Now, it's been an awe. I just want to say it's beenonderful time working with both of you.
Speaker 5: I'm moving on, moving on.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of moving on, writer, tell us about news please.
Speaker 5: It was it was amazing. Yeah, I mean, this is it's my happy place. New Zealand's the best guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I went for the first time in like two thousand and eight. Colex and I went, and then we went back in two thousand and nine because I ended up doing a play in Australia and I was like, whoa, while I'm on this side of the world, let's go.
Speaker 5: Back to New Zealand.
Speaker 2: So we did the North Island the first time, in the South Island second time. And I've just been waiting for Indy to get old enough to be able to do the stuff.
Speaker 5: Like all the outdoors it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I mean, look, he's not an outdoors kid.
Speaker 5: He's not an outdoorsy kid. It's hysterical.
Speaker 2: We kind of force him. No, he but he does like thrills. So he went bunchie jumping with my wife.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the video game. Send us that video.
Speaker 5: He wanted to go skydiving. That was the compromise, guys.
Speaker 2: He He's like, he wants to jump out of a plane and we were like, no, like and you can legally.
Speaker 5: They're the only place you can legally.
Speaker 2: Jump out of a plane under the age of eighteen is in Colorado in America.
Speaker 5: But in New Zealand anything goes like they just they let you do it.
Speaker 2: And so he was like, well, if we're not going to go to Colorado, I'm going to jump out of a plane while we're in New Zealand. And I mean Alex and I had to like we kept being like, oh, yeah, that's funny, that's funny. And then we were like do we allow him to jump out of a plane? And we were like no. We decided that was our big parenting move this yeah, okay, like you know what, let's.
Speaker 5: Not allow our because Alex put it best.
Speaker 2: She's like, he if he jumps out of a plane at the age of ten, right, what's next, what's next? He's done it all? And so we were like, let's give him something to look forward. Really, we'll say that he can't jump out of a.
Speaker 5: Plane till he's eighteen. You know, it's like getting the tattoo.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, wait, till you're eighteen. So we were like great, and then he was like, well then can I bungee jump? And Alex went with him. I was like, no, I'm not doing this. I'm I'm scared of heights.
Speaker 1: Now, guys like a kid jumping that I know of. They attached you from your ankles. This looked like he was in a harness right.
Speaker 5: Everywhere it's a swing. It was it's like a big pen. It was a big yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like they drop and then you swing out in a canyon. I mean I didn't get to go like they went because they got picked up on a bus and like went, So I didn't.
Speaker 5: All I got to video there. Couldn't you be there? But yeah it was. He loved it. And now he's like I can do anything. He's literally saying like I can do anything.
Speaker 2: I can go on any roller coaster. He wants to go six Flags. Now I'm like, yeah, you can do it, you can. Yeah, it was amazing. We were in a camera van. We was it your van I've been dying note?
Speaker 5: Was it the same one? Slightly different van?
Speaker 2: And the van completely fell apart on us, Like everything inside the van broke. Yeah, like all the tours like popped out, like they was all. We walked in and we were so we were into it because I was like, oh, this is so much better than our van, like the paneling and the countertops. We were like all excited and then everything fell apart on it. So yeah, piece of crap. But we we camped. We did end up standing in a hotel a couple of times for Indy. Yes, he all he wants his hotel. So we were finally like okay, and but like New Year's Eve, we ended up in a We could not find a campsite.
Speaker 5: We had no plan and so we ended.
Speaker 2: Up in a a in a holiday park.
Speaker 5: That was just madness.
Speaker 3: Like it's a holiday park.
Speaker 5: Uh you know, like a trailer park. Oh okay, okay, but you know for for holiday.
Speaker 2: Uh So holiday parks are like where you end up if you know you're just paying for.
Speaker 5: A parking spot.
Speaker 2: Basically, like we were just paying for a parking spot among a bunch of other trailers.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it was New Year's Eve and lots of hunters, lots of drunk New Zealanders.
Speaker 2: Indy were like found some kids and He's like they started a cult. There was like all these kids that were like they literally started a fight club. He's like they started like Pinny. It was like, no snitches the story. I'll bring Indian and let him tell his New Year's Eve experience. Uh we. I was like in the van, I'm like I'm just going to bed early. Alex tried to do karaoke with some New Zealand drunk moms.
Speaker 3: It was karaoke.
Speaker 5: She loves karaoke.
Speaker 3: Yoke.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that was New Year's Eve in New Zealand was pretty pretty interesting. Uh for Indy, I went to bed early, Like I said, it was easy for me.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, lots of adventure. We went caving.
Speaker 2: I did via Ferrato, which is like iron climbing, Like, uh.
Speaker 1: That's what you were doing where you have like metal claws in your hands and gotcha pretend to be.
Speaker 5: Climbing with ladders.
Speaker 2: Basically, like they put metal, they put iron so you never have to deal with ropes.
Speaker 5: It's a great way to a climb. It was like the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Uh yeahs uh yeah. In caves in New Zealand, there are glow worms there. They have phosphorescent poop. Basically, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: You're in these giant caverns and you just see like what looks like stars above you.
Speaker 8: And you didn't go to Hobbitan though, did you?
Speaker 5: No? Where's is that in North Island or the Sound? I don't know it's I mean, it's in the shop. I'm not a Lord of the Rings fan, I just I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not a huge Lord of the Rings either, but it's so fantasy like it's like the place you know you gotta Yeah, New.
Speaker 2: Zealand, you guys have to go it really is like California compressed and then there's like a tropical element, so it's like you end up, you know, we are on glaciers and then at the beach with palm trees.
Speaker 4: Like it's so crazy within like the weather like like if you're at the beach, is it can you go into the water?
Speaker 5: I mean, is it like beach temperature? And then you're on ice? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my yeah, like the water was warm enough like go in, you know. But it it does rain like it's ever. It's not like California, you know. You definitely get like weather changes within ten minutes, like it'll be completely rainy and stormy one second and then.
Speaker 5: Sunny the next. So it's more erratic, you know, but so much fun. Man, And no indigenous snakes or spiders either, Is that true. That's apparently true. There's no indigenous snakes.
Speaker 4: Or spiders in the entire island, which is pretty sick because Australia just wants you dead.
Speaker 5: They have they have spiders that carry guns. Like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to go to Australia before I saw any of the tiktoks about the wildlife in Australia.
Speaker 5: Fine, it was a nineteen hour flight to get to Bakersfield, is.
Speaker 7: How I know.
Speaker 9: So it was like, Okay, how are your guys holidays?
Speaker 5: How was how was I was being home?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, will should we?
Speaker 1: Should we talk about our WWE Raw on Netflix experience?
Speaker 5: I can't write what is this?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: To a wrestling match, dude in scene? It was phenomenal. You have loved it.
Speaker 1: Next time, writer. Our number one thing that we talked about when we were leaving. Our number one thing is how much you and Indy would have loved it.
Speaker 5: Loved it.
Speaker 1: So next time there was an event, I really I'm going to insist on you guys coming.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm going, I'm going out.
Speaker 1: So when you guys, I meant because I know you're in and I can't wait to I can't wait to explain it to everybody. So everyone here knows. Let's just reset a little bit. Everybody here knows. Most of you who listened to the show know that I am a wrestling fan.
Speaker 3: It goes a lot of years back.
Speaker 1: I've been I used to go to WWE, back when it was WWF, to see Raw, to see WrestleMania. There have been you sat many years in that time where I fell out of it and then wasn't paying any attention, but it always got me back. I've been I've been a back and forth fan for decades and then Jensen and I started dating. Jensen used to work for the WWE. He started taking me to PWG shows in Resita in the San Fernando Valley, which is like MEANWG. It's it's little wrestling organizations. Pro Wrestling Gorilla is what PWG stands for. And they had a like a little setup in Resita and you could go and watch local wrestlers wrestle and it's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: But the greatest thing about wrestling that I think now more people are starting to catch on to is the community and the showmanship.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, and pageantry.
Speaker 3: The pageantry, it's all so amazing.
Speaker 1: So WWE recently did a deal with Netflix and now you can watch the WWE on Netflix, and they premiered with Raw, one of their every single Monday night they do Monday Night Raw, And they premiered on the fifth and I asked Will if he had any interest in going. I asked Will and Susan if they had any interest in joining Jensen and I, and Will was like, yeah, I'll go. And I was so excited because as writer, as you know Will is, usually it's hard to get Will out of his house.
Speaker 5: Yeh.
Speaker 3: And I was excited that, you know, writer was out of town.
Speaker 1: We had asked writer as well, the writer couldn't go, and Will was like, yeah, I'll go. And then I thought, what are the ausies actually going to go?
Speaker 5: I wonder if he's going.
Speaker 3: To back out or bail out when we get close.
Speaker 5: Thought about it, it didn't.
Speaker 1: So Will, why don't we talk about it from your POV. Let's talk about what we talked about on the drive over. You had no idea what to expect.
Speaker 5: What were you expecting? I don't know. I mean, I truly don't know.
Speaker 4: So you know, obviously we Bloymet's world has some connection with with wrestling.
Speaker 5: We had Vader on and you know he threw me around a ring for a while.
Speaker 4: Mankind, Mick Foley Mankind. We're still good friends with Mick. So you know, I have I.
Speaker 5: Had some idea.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this way, I thought I had some idea of what the world kind of was going to be. Yeah, so we're you know, I hey, Danielle's like, come, you know, come pick us up, and uh, you know, we're gonna go and it's gonna be great, and it's gonna be on Netflix's gonna be this big thing. We're gonna have a ton of fun. Wait till you see it. It's it's at the New Into It Center.
Speaker 3: How did I describe it to you?
Speaker 1: I told you was like, if you go into it thinking, imagine it being a world.
Speaker 5: Yes, well you essentially said.
Speaker 4: The way that Danielle hooked me was she was like, it's like it is fantasy. It's it is dungeons and dragons, it's it's live action role playing. It's all this kind you know, look at it like that. And so when I put that into my head, I was like, okay, you know that'll be Plus I knew I already knew about the athleticism and how incredible justice.
Speaker 5: But so are you watching like five fights? Like yeah, it's like, didn't want a show, Like I don't know what any of this is, Like what idiots? You gotta set the stage.
Speaker 4: So first of all, so we get there and we you know, the the w w E and or Netflix or both are treating us very very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our friend Zach. We have to give a shout out.
Speaker 5: To Zach, who uh you know.
Speaker 4: So we get to park where the players for for like the Clippers players parked and so for.
Speaker 5: Oh just wait to hear how how how that plays out? By the way, so Penga brought you, dude, No, I was not even part of the entourage. By the end. Just wait, it just gets so good. So they bring us.
Speaker 4: You know, there's this beautiful room behind the Lexus room behind that's all just this buffet laid out, a full bar, tons of people.
Speaker 5: In there, food, anything you can kind of want.
Speaker 4: Him there, Susan and I are there, Jensen and Danielle and bringing you. Being with Jensen and Danielle at this is like being at a German wedding with somebody who speaks German. Which I use that analogy because that happened to me. So I was sitting next to the people that actually knew the language of everything that was happening. So we're sitting there, We're getting our food, and they're like, okay, well.
Speaker 5: Let's go in. The fights are about to start.
Speaker 4: So we walk in packed eighteen thousand fans.
Speaker 1: Sold out into a dome eighteen thousand people.
Speaker 4: Everyone in cosplay, so everyone with belts and signs.
Speaker 3: Every age, every color, every.
Speaker 5: Gender, everything is represented.
Speaker 4: Is the most beautiful hodgepodge of people you've ever seen in your life. And when I mean packed rider, there was not a seat in this place from the time this event started to four hours later when it ended, no one got up and left.
Speaker 5: Yep, insane?
Speaker 4: Would they walk us? Essentially ringside? So we're two rows from the actual but I don't know what it is. There's this huge soul.
Speaker 3: It's just a there's a big screen coloring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a tarp all around from the ceiling surrounding something in the middle.
Speaker 3: And it's not a big graphic on it.
Speaker 5: That's a yeah, the ring is not open. We don't see the ring. Yes, oh dude.
Speaker 1: So just so you don't even know which way you're facing or what's gonna happen or whatever. It just says wwe on Netflix, raw on Netflix.
Speaker 4: And so these these these banners that take that cover the entire ring, four square banners from that have to be one hundred and fifty feet tall because they're going all the way to the top to the bottom.
Speaker 5: And then music just like it goes wow, and then all this.
Speaker 4: Music starts pumping, and the people all have these red like laser pointer things, and so the whole thing opens up, and then this video starts on the side of these giant things.
Speaker 3: The history of the WW and you're latching.
Speaker 5: The history of the WW.
Speaker 4: So Sue and I are like, wow, this is actually kind of cool. And then there's an explosion.
Speaker 1: Literally massive hiring technics, and all four.
Speaker 5: Of the curtains fall.
Speaker 8: Up the biggest jump and they thought strultaneously and there's the ring right lit up in the center and then flashing, yeah, just fireworks go off of the all inside, and we're like soon I look at each other like, oh my god, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 5: And this is already the best thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: In Hunter, who used to be known as Triple H when he was a wrestler. He's now in charge of the WWE. Hunter is standing in the middle of the ring and he's a massive man and he's in a suit, and everyone's just going yeah and shouting Triple H or Hunter and he he gets on the mic and he starts talking about how excited they are to have everyone here and for the wwe to have done this historic you know, collaboration with Netflix and uh.
Speaker 4: And then oh, well see this is where this is where sitting next to Jensen and Danielle is the best thing ever. A single note of music played Dung and both Jensen and daniel tourna me go the rock, the Rock. Like the second of music music Q starts. They're both like, oh my god, it's the Rock. So in walks right by us the rock.
Speaker 1: Oh and we forgot to say we're facing the direction Hunter and the Rock are facing. So the two cameras on camera side, so they're facing us. We're just looking directly in their faces were four rows back and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And so I am a massive rock fan. I have been.
Speaker 1: He's one of the people that really sucked me into wrestling many years ago. He's the only reason I can raise an eyebrow. I just want you to know, because I couldn't raise an eybraw, couldn't do it for my whole I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I could only raise both eyebrows like I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Do Still for the record, he stole that, so I was doing that first.
Speaker 3: So I anway I was doing a movie.
Speaker 1: I was doing a movie called Rockets Red Glare, a TV movie in I don't remember Santa Maria, and I was I had gone to a wrestling match recently, and I was like on the rock and the eyebrow, and I was like, I can't raise an eyebrow. I can't raise an eyebrow. And the makeup artist said, well, you just need to train yourself to you just need to learn. I was like, well, how do you do that? And she's like, just stare at your eyebrows in the mirror and tell yourself, you know, like, raise is your left eyebrow, Raise your left eye round.
Speaker 5: I was like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So every single day on the course of this movie, while she was doing my makeup, I would just try to raise it anyway. I can do it now and I love it. And it's because of the rock. I learned how to raise an eyebrow because I wanted to be like.
Speaker 5: It's actually because of the makeup artist how to do it.
Speaker 1: But the only reason I cared to raise an eyebrow was because of the rock. I didn't care about raising an eyebrow for any other reason, but I can because I cared about the but it.
Speaker 5: Was, I mean, it was, but it's truly amazing.
Speaker 4: He gives a speech, she's talking about the history of them forming together, how big a night this is going to be, And then the first match starts and again, oh yeah, one one note of music, and both daniel and Writer are Danielle and Jensen turn to me and it like, here's who's coming.
Speaker 1: John Cena came out. John Cena came out before before the first match came out. John Cena came out and declared that he was going to compete at the Royal.
Speaker 5: He's coming back.
Speaker 3: He's coming back.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what that meant. Now I'm so excited myself, so excited.
Speaker 1: But the first match was Roman Reigns versus Solo and there's a whole history.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing that's going to suck Writer into it. So there's a story story to everything. And it was it was they all, you know, they're part of this tribe, and then I'm getting into what the tribe. Who's going to be the chieftain of the tribe, Who's going to be the tribal chieftain?
Speaker 5: They were friends and and Jensen's like leaning over to you.
Speaker 4: The whole time going like all right, so they were they're all cousins and there was this big fallout between and it's all you're like, it's like a fantasy novel. You're learning the backstory of the magical system and all this kind of and then the chance.
Speaker 3: Solo suck.
Speaker 4: Everybody everyone what to do and when did what to say? It is a perfect microworld. It's one of my favorite things where it's got its own culture, its own language, its own dress code.
Speaker 5: It's i mean, its own etiquette, everything.
Speaker 3: And amazing in between all of this.
Speaker 1: In between all of this, they're like after so, you know, you get a first match and you see the match and what's happening, and people are popping up and there's surprises. There's people under the ring who pop up and surprise you. And there's chance from the audience of who's voting. You know, who's rooting for who, who's rooting for someone else. And then in between these matches, they're going to different celebrities that are there.
Speaker 3: It is jam.
Speaker 1: Packed, slammed with celebrities, just people that have been fans for a long time, newer fans, people that have relationships with Netflix.
Speaker 3: You know, McCaulay Culkin is.
Speaker 1: There, Kieran Coulcan is there, who the night before won a Golden Globe.
Speaker 4: Seth Green is there, Ashton Kutcher. I mean, it's just it's one.
Speaker 3: Fluffy was there, Tiffany Hattish is there.
Speaker 1: There's also all the WWE wrestlers from years back and modern like current time, so they may not be wrestling tonight, but they're still there and they're cutting to them.
Speaker 3: Michael cha is there. It's just it's awesome. Vanessa Hudgens, who's a big wrestling fan, everybody there. Uh.
Speaker 1: So they come up to us at a certain point in the show and they're like, hey, we're doing pops of different celebrities that are here, and we're putting them on the JumboTron and it's going to TV. Are you okay if we we put you on? And I go, yeah, sure, no problem. Come on, Will, let's let's let's go down.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I no, no, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't like come on.
Speaker 3: You now realize they know Will and I are there.
Speaker 1: When we said we wanted to go, it was like, as a matter of fact, we said it was going to be like a podcast thing. Unfortunately writers out of town, but pod meets World would love to be at this event. So in my mind it's when they're asking, it's of course that they're asking if Will and I want to be.
Speaker 3: Just to do this thing.
Speaker 5: It's it's so pang and guess Will's.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, no, I don't want to do it. I'm like, Will, you have to do it. It's gonna be very weird if it's just me. They're they're expecting that it's like a podcast. Then you have to come up with me. Jensen goes, yeah, go go go go be with Danielle, and Will's like okay.
Speaker 3: So they move us from.
Speaker 1: The fourth row to the second row because it's easier for the cameras to get to us there. So they move us to the second row and it's Will and I sitting there. There's six and a half million people watching at least worldwide Netflix for this event. They go to Seth Green, they go to Macaulay Culkin, they go to Oshae Jackson Junior, and they were coming to you, We're coming to you and I'm like okay, and Will goes, what are we going to do when it comes to us and I'm like, I'm gonna do the Sena. You can't see me because I was wearing a vintage John Sena shirt and I'm like, I'm gonna do this, you know, John Cena, you can't see me, you can't see And He's like, all right, all right, I'll do that too, and.
Speaker 3: It work work to you. They go to us and we get you know.
Speaker 1: Whoo, and Will and I are just like hamming it up for the camera, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, John Cena, you can't see us. We're looking at each other.
Speaker 1: Will's like, oh, pointing at me and we're laughing and whatever. And then that's it. There's the end of our bit. And then we get to move back to our seats to sit with our spouses. And then by the time we leave, I am getting inundated with text messages. Will is getting inundated with text messages. One of my favorite text messages I received was from the one and only McK foley, who said.
Speaker 3: Danielle, you looked so great. It was so good to see you there.
Speaker 1: Don't tell Will, but they didn't mention his name.
Speaker 3: They didn't his.
Speaker 5: Name Danielle Fisher on the screen.
Speaker 1: And then nothing and nothing, and he said, se I and Mick Foley says, and I was yelling at my screen, put some respect don will Fordell's name. And I'm checking all of that and then I'm like, oh my god, I'm getting I'm getting all these notifications.
Speaker 3: I go to x which formerly known as Twitter, and we are trending.
Speaker 1: We are to Panga is trending and then it says underneath it with will Fredell and I click on it and it is all of our dear listeners and dear fans of Boy Meets World saying what that trying to give to disrespect will Fredell? Like that People magazine mentioned it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it was it blew off.
Speaker 1: It was maybe one of the top ten stories from the entire event was that will Fredell was not mentioned. And when I tell you that, people then were asking, wait, is it part of the bid because they talk about this on their podcast.
Speaker 5: Now I never get met, get recognized next to Danielle.
Speaker 3: This wasn't a bit. It It was I guess what you would call an oranic bit.
Speaker 5: It's my life.
Speaker 4: It's what it is not getting recognized as kind of my thing, to the point where I we we go on the screen. My first text ten seconds later is from a friend of mine in London.
Speaker 5: Going dude, what the hell? What why?
Speaker 4: Why weren't you on the thing? And I was like, what what do you mean? And then uh pat, what was his name?
Speaker 3: Matt McAfee.
Speaker 1: So then after the show, okay, so hold on, I want to I want to play some clips for you because we pulled some clips.
Speaker 3: So let's let's play the Netflix clip.
Speaker 10: We are on.
Speaker 5: Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Speaker 10: It's a lot of celebrities here tonight inside the Into It Dome and all massive WWWE fans, including Seth ring. We've been a part of www for many years now. Hey Seth, good to see it as it has been our other guests, mcaulay culture.
Speaker 5: That's okay, it's not all thelone tonight. Here are you mill.
Speaker 4: And some next to Panga and Force some guy.
Speaker 1: So, as we mentioned, that's what happens when we're live in the moment. That's what came up on the JumboTron. That's what was then aired to you know, everyone who was watching. And then afterward we told you about all the social media stuff. Here is one TikTok users here's their take on it.
Speaker 11: W W e raw was a star stuttered event. But imagine being part of one of the biggest shows in the world from the nineties and they don't even acknowledge you. Hello, Eric Matthews, I just know he is salty. That they only recognized to Penga amazing.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy that it's like a podcast joke we have.
Speaker 3: Was it just played out because the real mainstream unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then after the show, Jensen and myself we are very close with cmpunk and cmpunk was the main event that night, and so after the show we get the opportunity to go backstage.
Speaker 3: We meet a bunch of the wrestlers. They're all so sweet.
Speaker 1: We get to see cmpunk and in the process of waiting for Punk, Pat McAfee comes out and he is the one who actually said when you heard the Netflix clip and to pangas in the building, that's Pat McAfee. So he's doing the ringside announcing. He has his own show, the Pat McAfee Show on ESPN.
Speaker 3: He's a huge podcaster.
Speaker 1: So he sees us and he comes over and he says, hi, he introduces himself. I said, oh, of course I know who you are. I give him a hug. Jensen talks to him for a little bit and I go, this is Will. I introduce Will, And in my head, I I still think he knows Will. I don't know that. I don't know that he doesn't know Will Is. I go, this is Will. He introduces himself to Will. He says, oh, nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: They talked for a second. He was very high.
Speaker 1: We introduced Susan and then here is Pat the next day on his podcast.
Speaker 6: And Sina whenever he hits you.
Speaker 5: Know, every time the penga was doing it. They showed to Penga and she's doing the.
Speaker 6: Penga there, Micha.
Speaker 5: What's her real name for Danielle daniel Fish.
Speaker 6: I saw that last night. I saw that last night because Cole was doing all the reading of the celebrity names and he was getting new sheets like every time we would send a video, it's like, hey, here's a new list of people that are here tonight. Because I don't even think, like w W E knew some of these people were coming, just coming as fans of the show.
Speaker 5: Based on his brother and he.
Speaker 6: Hit the guy from the show too, to her right, yeah, to her her left, R right.
Speaker 5: They didn't put his name on it.
Speaker 1: Matthews.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Will Fordell, they did him dirty. That was him. Yeah, that Quarteran Matthew's the older brother. Yeah, I met him.
Speaker 6: Was that him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It was that dude. I messed it up. He's on the podcast with her screat meeting you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: If I would have known at the time, I would have paid much more respect. That's on me.
Speaker 5: Now that you meant both is clearly he does.
Speaker 4: He does it.
Speaker 5: It was a long day. Golly.
Speaker 2: I love that he was so full of regretted, so mad at himself.
Speaker 1: He's like, I love that guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was that guy.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, golly, he's thinking, He's like they do Look he's still look exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just like to point out that if any major brands out there need someone that no one recognizes, I'm your guy.
Speaker 5: I'm your guy. I'm the most famous person you've never heard of in your entire life. It's great.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it just makes it.
Speaker 1: It made me laugh so much because we've talked about it before on the show that like our my favorite thing, my number one favorite thing about this podcast for us is that our little inside jokes that we have had over the decades, and new ones that we have because of the podcast.
Speaker 3: We now share with all of you. So the fact that this.
Speaker 1: Real part of our lives, that when we go places I get recognized and Will does not. That's a thing that really happens, and we've been able to share it with you, and then to watch it play out live organically, maybe in the biggest live event certainly of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: It had just started, just truly.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, and it was a night that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Speaker 5: Me too.
Speaker 1: Uh, Seeing Will and Susan get into it and actually enjoy it and say to me, when's the next one?
Speaker 3: When can we do this again?
Speaker 1: And us walking out of there, and Will saying immediately writer and Indie would have loved it.
Speaker 5: Dude, you're gotta love it. We're going to another one.
Speaker 4: Uh, don't worry, Danielle.
Speaker 5: You and Danielle will get mobbed. Stuff.
Speaker 3: There's not There's one thing I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be to make sure your names are that I want Wilfredell and guests.
Speaker 5: That's what I want. Damn it.
Speaker 4: No, but we've got didn't you say there's another, like big big one.
Speaker 1: WRESMA, And I'm hesitant to say it because I looked at the dates and WrestleMania is actually the weekend of Easter, which I know doesn't seem like a big deal.
Speaker 3: But we we.
Speaker 1: Do have a family get together on Easter just because it's a nice excuse to get our.
Speaker 3: Families together, and we host it.
Speaker 1: And so my only thing is how am I going to explain to my family that I need to be in Vegas without my children on a family holiday that I normally host.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we just tried.
Speaker 5: You just explain it right there. Just do that. I'm like, I'm you know, do it the week before I know Easter a week early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Easter is late this year and sometimes it's in March and that's early. And now it's on it's on four to twenty, So I think I need to. I think I'm gonna have to maybe see if my family can do it on like four thirteen.
Speaker 4: Really yes, because on the third day he wrestled again.
Speaker 3: Wrestling has risen, Yes, Oh, I swear to God it and it's in Vegas.
Speaker 5: It's but it's also also true.
Speaker 4: That for the pageantry, all that stuff the microworld, but the athleticism, the thing that these men, that these men and women are doing, throwing themselves around there, slamming.
Speaker 5: It's so they're throwing each other into the crowd. I mean it is.
Speaker 4: You cannot help but just get into everything happening in front of you. It was a phenomenal night. Sue and I were talking about it for days after, well, mostly because nobody knew who I was and that kind of blew up.
Speaker 1: But other than that, he was a favorite will did you walk out of there with a favorite wrestler?
Speaker 4: No? You know, No, I don't know them enough. And because I'm still learning, like am I supposed to be cheering for this person? Is this person a heel?
Speaker 5: I'm learning, like oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a language, But seeing the.
Speaker 4: Rock, seeing John Cena, seeing CM Punk, who by the way, not only a great wrestler, but looked like once he was done, had to go pick up his kids at carpool.
Speaker 5: Like like look like he just looks like a regular dude. Like he's like, I'm c I'm Punk, and that's my minivan. Like he looked like that guy so absolutely.
Speaker 1: Physically destroyed after the match, like just all the wounds.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean they're picking up chairs and slamming chairs in each other and oh man, kicking each other in the face.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, you can't take that.
Speaker 5: You can't know.
Speaker 4: It was so much fun. It really what a way to spend a night. I mean, really, what a way to spend a night.
Speaker 1: Was I can't wait to bring it back. And oh gosh, it makes me so happy. Nothing makes me happier than seeing will jump into this world. And writer, I can't wait to bring you in into next time. So it's gonna be great. So anyway, next up in April WrestleMania. It's also the same weekend as Dead and Co.
Speaker 4: So, Writer, that's gonna be a motion sickness sensitive weekend, right there, my friends.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna get you guys to being a juggalo. I'm just gonna all my niche, all my niche things.
Speaker 4: Are just gonna be God, you do not have the coordination to juggle.
Speaker 5: I never will.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, thank you guys for joining us for this episode of Podmets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails Podmets World Show at gmail dot com and we have.
Speaker 5: Merch, buy some merch. Brother Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 5: We love you all. Pod dismissed Golli.
Speaker 2: Podmeats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras sudbachsch producer, Mattie Moore engineer and boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen.
Speaker 5: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show, or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com