Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs.
Speaker 3: You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Score and touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings sports Book app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app.
Speaker 3: Use Code Money Moves, that's Code Money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbridgin did you visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York Call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe the packer Jarley Xander was asked to speak with the media at the locker room cleanup. He declined, said he doesn't know if you'll be here next year. He said it had nothing, he had nothing good to say, so that he wouldn't talk. Well, see, yeah, I think it's over. Yeah, Please, I think you think it's over too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If he's not gonna be there, you know what, there's a beautiful place. There's a beautiful place down in the Midwest called Cincinnati. You know we're gonna have a little pocket chance for you. Zai here, We're gonna have some pocket change for you. Come on over there, play a little man the man.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: I know you're gonna I know you're gonna see this. I know you want to come down there because Cincinnati. What No, I don't Why wouldn't he?
Speaker 3: Why would he? What do you mean you ain't got no pass rush? Y'all about to lose? Interesting?
Speaker 5: Listen, well, zaire, Alexander is the top five man, man, man the man, ain't no.
Speaker 3: Certain thing as top five where you ain't got no pass rush. You know how that worked? That go hand in hand. Hey, that's just like saying you were top five. There's a reason why you were a with a time reachalk about he tried to get up out of there. If they look different, they look different where you ain't got a quarterback that can get you that rock ojo.
Speaker 5: Listen, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me let me recruit. Okay, let me you're Alexander. I know you're gonna see that. Come on down to Cincinnati. Okay, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you now. If you go somewhere else that had nothing to do with Cincinnati. After I told you you we welcome you with open arms, I'm gonna beat you up.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know it's former teammate. It's a quarterback in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: They got Nate Wiggins and they have Marlon Humphrey.
Speaker 2: U uh play the slot. They can kick.
Speaker 5: Outside dire Alexander Cincinnati, don't listen to what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to what I'm talking about. Come on, daddy, Look, you're gonna have your suit. He going to the hides biller O Joe, Well, we would be the home hold on. I think they still own his right so they can trade it. They gonna go get the best deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Well outside of the outside of the division. I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try to keep him out of the NFC. But if somebody the NFC offered me the best package, well he going to the NFC.
Speaker 5: Listen, they don't want him in the NFC. Guess what the perfect place for him to go is Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, when the last time y'all traded for somebody, Oh.
Speaker 1: We'll trade for that, because what's the what's the one?
Speaker 2: When was the last? When was the last.
Speaker 5: It's not about when's the last time we did something? We're trying to change the culture in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Is that what y'all made, is that what y'all made is that way y'all made chase play on this contract because y'all trying.
Speaker 5: To change Actually, wait a minute, now, you know they don't pay nobody with two years left on their contract unless you're a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Now you told me you didn't.
Speaker 3: Can't he had fifty years left, that's if I was the owner. But okay, So with that being said, when was the last sea they got that same owner?
Speaker 2: Paul Brown? Was his dad, Mike Brown? Now, when was the last time they made a trade for somebody?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 5: I think the decision making comes down to Katie and Troy Blackburn.
Speaker 1: They're doing a phenomenal job. They've done a phenomenal job in changing.
Speaker 2: That's his daughter. When was the last time? You still have to quit the chat? Want to know?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have it written in front of me right off the top of my head. But we're trying to improve our defense. Why not go one of the best coins in the NFL who he will no longer be in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Yell, we're gonna get it. We're gonna get it for the Broncos. Pair him up with a pack.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: But I said, hey, they're gonna lock the rain. They're gonna locked down the rain. Nah.
Speaker 1: No, he coming to Cincinnati, coming to Cincinnati, already putting be it out there. I know you're gonna see this? Is that here? How let your boy? My number is still the same?
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe Russell Wilson plans on re signing with the Steelers. Justin Fields was four and two, russ was six and six. Is it time for the Pittsburgh to go all in with Justin Fields? Pitt is expected to work on signing Fields before a free agency So what should the Steelers do?
Speaker 2: The Steelers lost.
Speaker 3: Their last five games, both regular season and the playoffs. So that's five consecutive games in which they lost. What should the Steelers do?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a great question. That's a great question.
Speaker 5: Now what people will say is, well, obviously you lost the last five, why would you go back to Russell Wilson. Let's start with Justin Fields and have a clean slate and have him take over from that point, right, Mike Tomland, this is a very difficult decision, you know, as someone on the outside looking in to me, I would like to continue with Russell Wilson and see what we can do going into next year.
Speaker 1: I need him to change the offense a little bit.
Speaker 2: What would you like to see him change about it? Push the ball down the field more, thank you, be more creative, use you.
Speaker 5: Be more creative, use your offensive offensive weapons. Everything seems so predictable. No, you mean offensive weapon offensive weapons?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got they got to get somebody else over there. Man, they got to get somebody else over there. They got they got to they got to want one more weapon to go with pick man, just just just some you know some.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, look, if you make a commitment to field, you just got to go with it, right. I don't think he's really interested in signing a contract and sitting on the bench.
Speaker 1: You can't flip flop back and forth.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, what would you do?
Speaker 1: What would you do if he was? Mike Thomas.
Speaker 3: Has to get traded O Joe sometimes after seventeen eighteen years, this time for a New Boys. You think so, because the problem is is the Steelers are just good enough to be a playoff contending team, but not good enough to go to distance. And so now you're kind of in no. Man, you're a purgatory. You can't go to heaven. You're not in hell, but you're not advancing.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's a good one. Uh. I don't like it, though. Do you think do you think the Steelers fan base would like that?
Speaker 2: Though? No?
Speaker 3: Because the the Steelers, look if you go back and look at look at them.
Speaker 2: For the longest time.
Speaker 3: They had coach and a coaching aw won four championships in six years, and then it was he was mediocre all the eighties, right, they went to the AFC Championship game. Damn Marinos. Second year the Dolphins beat him. Then after that they were just mediocre. I think they only made the playoffs like in the last twelve years. Like what four times coach Kyle comes in in ninety two, he goes to the Super Bowl and not in ninety five they lose to the Steelers and they don't go to the super Bowl until two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: They win.
Speaker 3: Mike Tomin comes in, he goes early, wins, goes back again in what twenty eleven and having them been close sales.
Speaker 2: So the Steelers are okay with that. Steve has hat think about them. Had three coaches since nineteen sixty nine, they fired none of them. Chunking a retired coach, Kyle retired.
Speaker 1: It's hard to lunk, man. It's hard getting getting getting get into that super Bowl, man, getting too that chip is hard. Man.
Speaker 5: It is the Patriots that spooried a lot of people. The Chiefs are spoiling a lot of people because they have quarterbacks that can look easy. They have quarterbacks that make it look easy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It's not as it's the Steelers. Look the Steelers do at some point in time, you see the Rams. The Rams like, we go for it. They went all in and they cast out. That's not what the Steelers do. That's not what a lot of teams do. But you see, uh Detroit, they make that big move. They they did a great job of drafting, and you know, hey, they don't have a they don't have a problem getting a free agency. You gotta do that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I'm just and I'm picturing that too right now.
Speaker 5: I'm just picturing Mike Tomlin in a different and different attire on a different team, and just it just wouldn't seem right.
Speaker 3: Andy read with the Eagles for all those years and they said, bro, we we not.
Speaker 2: We make the playoffs, but we're not really going nowhere. And he goes to Kansas City and boom, Yeah, damn, you got to change something out, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, t J.
Speaker 2: Watt doesn't want to go play anywhere else. Let's take it. Listen to what TJ had to say. I want to be in pitsfecial that you guys know that.
Speaker 6: I don't want to leave this place, especially in this I want to be part of the solution. I've put so much into it here. I've seen so many guys. I mean, I want to help.
Speaker 2: Cam here, we get to where we need to get.
Speaker 6: I want to be a part of the solution.
Speaker 1: I don't want to leave this place.
Speaker 6: I love the people here and that goes beyond just the coaches. It's it's the fan base, it's the people, the community, and we owe it to them to get it right. And I want to be part of the solution. I leave here, go somewhere else. It's not my intention of.
Speaker 5: I'm not even I'm not even sure who even asked him the question. Like that where he even has to say that, you know he's uh, he's a centerpiece on that defense.
Speaker 3: That's his big brother. His big brother didn't want to go nowhere either. Tell the people that don't word he finished the last two years.
Speaker 1: O't yo, Yeah, you're right, you're right by that.
Speaker 3: When you great and you don't have a chance, because all he wants is a chance to really have an opportunity to play for a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's what his big brother wanted.
Speaker 5: Famous Miles. I just can't pint it him. I can't pitch it him in. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you think about it, Uh, the Marcus where h Yeah, Cowboys let him go, say nah they release him? Yeah help John picks him up. Boom, put it with put it with Vaughan Boom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, I just too one of the premier past Russers in the NFL not being in Pittsburgh Steeler. We're used to seeing them in ninety in a Pittsburgh Steeler uniform and see him go somewhere else outside of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I remember Reggie was a Philadelphia ego too. He went to went the Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, it's not like it used to be our favorite player, Joe, Me and Joe Pittsburgh Steeler Boo Bucker's ray. Look, I mean, yes, you you want to see your historically great players have one helmet. But I also want an opportunity to play for the super Bowl. That's that's why I want to see. I want to be on that big stage. Steeler's not closed, So Joe, they're not. That's not kid ourself. They're not closed. Think about what's in that division. Oh yeah, they got to deal with Mark Jackson for another decade. They got Joe Burrow for another decade.
Speaker 2: They're not close. They're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now got my home for another decade. They got Josh Allen for another decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, I come back to what I told you about wanting players to be stop being optimistic and stop being politically correct and just tell the truth on how they really feel.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So maybe maybe he's saying all the right things publicly, which is what you have.
Speaker 1: To do, and behind the scenes, you know, you let your agent do the dirty work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you say all the right thing publicly. They need offensively, they need play another playmaker, get a little lot and get some more line help corners. They need some stuff they do. Oh, Joe Baker said, dumb stuff from the loss will wear on would wear on me for a while. How long did it take you to get over the playoff loss?
Speaker 2: O yoe? Right?
Speaker 5: Well, oh, shoot, Normally during the regular season there's a twenty four hour rule. Playoffs is a different ball game. Obviously, I didn't got to go to the playoffs much, but I remember the loss of the Jets.
Speaker 1: Not only the lost of the Jets, I remember my abysmal performance against Reeves. Obviously one of the ah Man.
Speaker 2: That man did a number on you.
Speaker 5: Listen, one of the greatest, one of the greatest, one of the greatest dbs of all time.
Speaker 2: You say, you one of the greatest receivers.
Speaker 1: Can I can? I? Can I finish?
Speaker 2: Okay? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 5: One of the greatest dbs of all time and one of the greatest seasons of all time for any dB that two thousand and nine seasons. So obviously I was upset at that. It took me a little bit longer to get over not just that loss, but me not being able to contribute in the way I felt I should have been able to in that loss.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and nine, so maybe maybe by the week. Maybe by the week. And not only that, I went back watching, watching.
Speaker 5: Tape over and over look at all the things that I could have done, all the mistakes that I did do, on why things didn't go well for me from an individual standpoint. Then I looked at us, looked at the game again in its totality and why we lost offensively, and it was just it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It sucked. It sucked.
Speaker 5: So about about the week after we you know, I kind of let it go, let it brush off, and just took my time off and enjoyed my off season.
Speaker 3: Uh, it depends. Uh the Jacksonville lost devor about a month? Does you replay it over and over? What could you have done differently?
Speaker 1: A month?
Speaker 3: Yeah, jack Andville you never get over that, right because you know, we had to superior team they I played us that day and we lost.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple.
Speaker 3: We got away from what had gotten us there, which was terrail running the football. We all of a sudden we want to throw it all over the yard, and that's not what we were Thank god Mike didn't make that ever make that mistake again. And TV ran his home That's why in eight games. For of those games he had TV played in eight playoff games. Four of those he ran four hundred and fifty or more, which is an NFL record that Deck Henry just tied.
Speaker 2: Seven of those eight he rushed four hundred yards.
Speaker 3: The only game he didn't with that first game against Jacksonville, he had ninety one on fourteen carries. All the other games he was well over one hundred yards. Yeah, I mean it hurts, man when you put the kind of time in and the kind of time that you put in to be great at a craft. And I think the thing is with Baker is that he follled the ball and it gave Washington the momentum back into this ball game.
Speaker 2: That's what stings.
Speaker 3: That's what really really stings, you know, having a drop in a big moment, and uh, you know it's you. I don't think you you ever get over that. It's even unless you win. I mean, yeah it I mean I still think about Jacksonville. But it's a little easier because I did end up going three more times to you know, getting to the super Bowl three times on show and I won, But I still think about that. I could have had four but maybe we could have won three in a row. So there's a lot of things that you know, you you get in your own head sometimes and uh, you know, you think what if? And I hate that because I've done you know with you, I've done that really like damn, think about that a relationship sometimes? Now what if?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What if I what if? I? What if I? What if I gave someone what I gave football?
Speaker 5: Hey, do you understand if you put the kind of time in discipline and fortitude and want to studying time that you put in the football into a partner, boy, you'd be the boy. You'd be the best husband, man, boy a woman.
Speaker 3: That's that's my thing. You know what else, Joe, I might have to go back. I'll have to go back. I might have to go back to Well. I know what she told me. I know what she told me. I know both of them told me the same thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, don't say wait, let me give a penny paper that No, no, no, no, I ain't gonna say it on there.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna say it on the Yeah, I know why she told me. Why and both of them mean you therapists told me the same thing. Neither knew the other because they were they were, you know, twenty years apart. But they told me the same thing. Why I'm like that, Why I do what I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, and that that I was. I really thought about that yesterday, and I did homework today.
Speaker 5: And now we talked about, you know, relationships, and we talked about therapy, and you told me how therapy helped.
Speaker 1: But it got to the point we just couldn't do it no more.
Speaker 5: You couldn't do it anymore because you you, you, you were doing so much, you were starting to lose a sense of self.
Speaker 2: So but a yo, rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I did my own homework.
Speaker 5: I did some research, and you know, my research was more so looking at the prices, looking at the prices, you know, and uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's it's kind of hefty, huh kind it's kind of hefty.
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking instead of me, instead of me getting going to a therapist, I mean, I could I could slide you one hundred dollars, you know if.
Speaker 7: You oh, you talk and you talked to be yeah, yeah, you know, you to be the mediator, you know already already fifty two hundred, so yeah you do, Hey, I can pay you fifty two hundred and you can use that.
Speaker 1: That can go to the seat.
Speaker 3: So that'll be your therapy pay with uh right down here, you man trying to hide therapists with money you already owe somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe ed Reid is headed to high school. He was announced as the new ed oct Chambly High School right down the road from the crib Chambly. Uh you know, oh Joe, it was.
Speaker 5: See all that my all in my arms.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, you gotta look too comfortable.
Speaker 3: But okay, come on, uh you see Anon Reid, uh if the new oc at Chambly Chambly High School.
Speaker 2: And uh and in Georgia. Okay, you remember one time, o yoe he was in the running to be the head coach of Batuma.
Speaker 5: And then when he when he got to the establishment, you know, uh, it wasn't it wasn't fit to his liking. And and normally you have though, you have a talk with with the powers that be at the institution, you know, but he, you know, he he he took it the wrong way and and kind of put it put it on the airways, and they didn't they didn't like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm happy for Ed. I'm happy for Ed, and it's a great opportunity for for that school. And they got a good one. Boy, they got him a good one.
Speaker 2: They do. I wish you could have got that job.
Speaker 3: I wish things could have worked out better for him at the Yeah, yeah, it's been really nice.
Speaker 2: You see Eddie George at Tennessee State coach. Prime was at at Jackson now he's at c U D jack Deshaun Jackson is at Delaware. Yeah. Yeah, uh, Mike, Mike Vick is at Norfolk. So I'm.
Speaker 5: Well, shoot, since all these players getting coaching jobs on what you want to put you you want to put your your hand in.
Speaker 2: You just told it. They don't make enough money.
Speaker 1: I mean shoot, I mean the kind of kind of money I mean not like we no, man.
Speaker 2: Good I don't have. You probably could do it, but I don't have the patience.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: Man, Listen, you you mess around and put me in the atmosphere like that where my body is still willing and able, I'm still in shape. I'm gonna be in the way because I'm gonna have a I'm gonna be out there suited up and hold in that whole uniform cleasing all.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I want no part of coaching. I'm smart enough, you know. Yeah, Hines Warden is at Arizona State. I think Hines ward is gonna be a coach, go be ahead coach too. Yeah, okay, I mean there are a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 3: Antoine Randall lives in Detroit. I think Keenan mccardinal's uh is in Minnesota. Yeah yeah, But I'm just no, I'm not that has. I want no part of coaching. Befood, I ain't gonna fit to hold nobody on that. Oh your old reports there are multiple instances with Jimmy Butler skip morning shoot a rounds and insisted on taking private flights separate from the team. This is what ultimately led to a seven game team suspension. Oh man, I wish I mad man.
Speaker 2: I look private pj's aren't cheap, right, And I know I might be mad A.
Speaker 3: I know I ain't spending my money. I'm not spending my money. I'm flying on that team playing. I might not like playing Riley, I might not like that situation, but I'm not coming out my probating one hundred plus thousand dollars today from Miami.
Speaker 2: You had the bottom. Ain't no chief might unless you go in Orlando, right right, but you know the aid they be playing in Portland, they be all over Oh dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you got to remember now, you got to under understand and remember the kind of money they making.
Speaker 1: They making a different kind of money, boy, yeah, a different kind of money. The money they cut. The kind of money they make is okey. I call it okey.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: But but here's the thing though, Oh Joe, you do that? I mean, yeah, I mean, but you spend I mean how long was he gonna do it?
Speaker 1: Maybe until things were resolved internally.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on that plane. I'm gonna let my agent and them resolve it. Imola, let my agent them resolve that. I ain't resolving it. But by coming out of my pocket, right, oh, I cannot do it.
Speaker 2: Now. Maybe he got a hook up or something that show that he gets one of the discount Hey, maybe he has his own.
Speaker 3: But I think the smart thing to do is to get hours in one. You know what I'm saying, have a time share said, I'm gonna get you know, spend one hundred hours. Yeah, one hundred hours probably cost you to two Mel.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 5: I'm actually excited about two Mel. And I'm thinking about it, like you know, I hear all the stories you know are certain is all the same, you know, yeah, And I'm thinking about there as a certain person. I ain't saying the name because I'm not want to, you know, drop them names. But gamble, you know, tip two men ain't nothing from the lose or win. And I'm not talking about I mean, I ain't even talk about Jordan, talk about you know, you know, heavy gamble.
Speaker 2: You know I used to gamble like that. But you know what, out Joe, I, when you you can gamble like that, if you could look at those chips and don't see them as money, they're just objects. And I can no longer do that.
Speaker 3: I started looking at it and start thinking like, hell, that's all that's a year of my mortgage payments right there. I just got there on the table right there, that's a year mortgage payments right there. Damn, that's different my son's tuition. That's my son tuition for a year right there, that's my daughter's tuition right there. I'm like, nah, I'm done. That's because I can no longer when I was when I used to being like, oh, five ten thousand ain't nothing, and then Donald I didn't. I didn't think about it, oh Joe. But once I started looking at it, and it's starting like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: And you know what you look at it, You look at it at a different lens when you're done playing, so you you understand the value of a dollar when you're done playing. You don't have that money coming in like that, like you know when it's coming in.
Speaker 1: Fast week the week, every week. Oh, it's different, it's different.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Everybody want to get off money now, oh Joe, Like I had, Like I got a range robo jo. It's twenty twelve, right, there's a twenty thirteen, but I got it Ontober twenty twelve because you know the year the thirteen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Joe, I got thirty seven thousand miles on the car.
Speaker 1: Well you you want to get it up off your hands?
Speaker 2: No, And my my fashion life was shunning.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, you hadn't bought anything, and you hadn't bought Oh actually I just bought my mama car to get the air.
Speaker 2: That's on your seat joke. I just bought my mama car today, right right, Well what you got? What you got her? What you got her? Eat three fifty?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: You got money? Boy? Yeah, I got a guy. She got a little eat three fifty damn he Oh well you don't be playing what nah? Nah nah. The whole thing is.
Speaker 1: Tell tell, tell, tell, mama shop I see congratulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah she does, yeah, tell she No, she probably been driving all around to my I thank the thanks baby for my car. I had to stop at Walgreens to get my medicine. I said, you could have had that medicine into your house.
Speaker 2: Mama. You trying to show that car? You think you slick? Mama?
Speaker 3: My mama, Sure, my mama, show are for sure for one thousand percent for certain? Yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah. But uh, you know she had I bought her car many years ago. She had that car.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to tell about. That's my baby. I had this car.
Speaker 3: This is my gift, I said, Mama, if I buy you another car, it's a gift too. I'm confused, but it's just it's just I just had it for so long. Yeah, she traded in against so much the game before though. Show five, hundred dollars. I paid two fifty to have it told up there, so it other works. It don't work. You got she got two fifty for that hell car. So that just tool that showed you the type of condition the car was. E oh man oh, but she happy. She happy she got her car so she could profile hard. The herd of uh all her girlfriends, they go to they go to the casino. She go to church, so had playing.
Speaker 2: She goes.
Speaker 1: She played bingo too.
Speaker 3: She mister Slot's slots. Mister slots. Yeah, yeah, she don't play no bingo. But uh nah she she yay. She happy with dad. Hey, I told her I will get her something, And I got a dad. So, UH got my brother supper at last March. My sister says she's good. She don't want nothing. She says, she like a little.
Speaker 1: Car I got, I got, I got one. I got one coming on the way.
Speaker 2: Man, man, I bought my sister Kia. Yeah, man, you love that car.
Speaker 5: You got lucky mine my daughter getting ready to graduate. I made a deal, she said, baby. She said, Daddy, if I graduate early, can you get me a car? Say yeah, can get your car.
Speaker 1: That ain't nothing. Then she told me what kind of car she wanted?
Speaker 2: And now I got it.
Speaker 1: Now I got to I gotta keep a word, man, she says she Won't you want a g waggon?
Speaker 2: Oh lord, no, oh no, oh, no, I said she.
Speaker 1: She said she wanted g wagon.
Speaker 5: I say, baby, like, you have all the different type of cars that that you can you can chew from.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you want a g wagon no dirt?
Speaker 1: Yes, she said yes. I say, well, hold on, how you gonna pay your insurance? How you gonna get gassed?
Speaker 2: He said yes.
Speaker 1: Once I graduate, I'm gonna have a job. I said, well, I tell you what.
Speaker 5: When you graduate and you get your job and you have some consistent revenue and income flowing in, I'm gonna get you your g wag I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I'm mina stick to the word. I'm gonna get a jew wagon.
Speaker 2: I can't get all that kind of money.
Speaker 5: Listen, that's gonna now it's gonna be a ripple effect now because if I get down speedwaggon, what do you think else is gonna happen from the rest of it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Nope, but it's it's it's all good. Listen.
Speaker 5: I got fifty left jobs I can't complain about Nathaniel.
Speaker 1: I can't complain.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got to be reasonable, yeah cause the maidens and love keep on it. They popped aid mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, I should I should have thought about that, about what twenty one twenty two years ago.
Speaker 3: You know, you should have put a living on it. Say hey, this is what Hey, this is what I'm when it's been for a car.
Speaker 5: Right, well, damn't ask for them. That's why I remember. You know I told you how mine ask for them holidays, birthday, that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Okay, I can't. I can't get your first car.
Speaker 1: No, this ain't this at first. Oh no, this will be our second.
Speaker 5: So you know, I'm gonna take her from you know, a little started car and let her graduate a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let her have a little fun, let's live a little bit. Let it look. Let her live.
Speaker 2: No, no, you gotta make them hungry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh she hungry. She hungry. That's why she graduated early.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm gee wagon, Hey, but he that's what he that's what I just No, I ain't fine, I ain't I ain't fin I ain't finna start that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And plus I already got the kids a car, I got everybody call. They left that free Yeah a Joe. Now it's time I last segment of the evening is time for Q and Hey Abraham Sarwan uncin Ojo really putting cap put the cap in night Camp, Jenny April. I knew O Joe patroller and the chatted shady quick to turn congrats Honi Rail of course, but I'll TEXTO. I say, I say, see, I say, now a lot of those people, Oh I love hunkin Ojo, but quick, but that were quick to try to drive that wedge in between Hunk and o'joe. You see, and you see that, but see, sometimes you need to see it for yourself because and that's why that's why I tell people everybody that jump into my oh I'm happy, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: They not.
Speaker 3: They really not, and I and sometimes you have to see it for yourself. And I'm glad we got an opportunity to see.
Speaker 2: Yamn.
Speaker 3: Do we got people that's very excited for us, that truck cheer us on and sincerely and genuinely happy. Absolutely, But there's a lot that pretend they're half being excited and all the while, Well, I show hope they break up. I show hope they break up because we got something going. Because here's the thing, oh Joe, A lot of people that do what we do, they know what they do, right, and they see what we do and they know what we do, so they don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah they don't.
Speaker 1: We definitely listen. I mean a lot of people. You know, my my supporter is my followers.
Speaker 5: They were they were saying some some mean things, you know, so they apologize, they'll for patrolling the day.
Speaker 3: But sometimes you need to see, o Joe, you got to see who really in your corner. It's like when you tell somebody no and they say, Okay, I understand, bro, you done been so good to me so many times, don't Joe. Hey, I ain't got no problem with you saying no. But it's when they say noing like, well damn, bro, you got that money like that, you can't break your bore off.
Speaker 5: Forgein Yeah, then you know, yeah, mhm, listen, I'm again, I'm I'm I'm happy for her, uh and all that she has going on obviously, you know, with her real real estate company, you know, Netflix stuff she has going on with Netflix, you know, show coming out, yes, very twenty second. Then obviously the podcasts up under our umbrella, and and this is this is what it's all about, you know, you know, having someone on your side that you.
Speaker 1: Can continue to help elevate and whatever it is they have going on.
Speaker 5: The beauty is a beautiful feeling, even even though you know, now what is not a joke is that things aren't where they should be between us.
Speaker 1: I'm I could just be honest with you and and Chad, I could be I could be honest with you all too.
Speaker 2: Continue to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's it's it's rocky. It's rocky.
Speaker 5: So the fact that I can, I can compartmentalize and separate, you know, the business side of things and and and work on the pleasure side later later on down later on down the line, you know whatever on.
Speaker 1: The side to be the moderator and then be a therapists.
Speaker 2: But other than that, A uh.
Speaker 3: We got James Koby whoa y'all ninjas got me boy, I was hot during the Humble Batty signing first fist all balled up, good luck to all involved.
Speaker 2: Hen pulled our thoughts o. Joe Man uh be excited. Yeah, because here's the thing, O Joe.
Speaker 3: They're like, man, you don't you don't put no black people on Okay, we put black people on.
Speaker 2: Man, you should have a day.
Speaker 3: Everything ain't gonna always be perfect. It's not gonna always be perfect. In order to put your people on right, we're trying to give people an opportunity. I've been very, very fortunate to build a situation where the Voguin gave me an opportunity and we've been able to build this thing from the ground floor and be able to help people. We're able to do that with five twenty, were able to do it with Bubba Dub. Now we have humble batties. I go now is to get three more. We're gonna we're going out. We scout were looking and we're gonna try to bring three more. But of the umbrella provide an infrastructure be able to produce this.
Speaker 2: This is your vision.
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 3: But we have we believe we have the people in place, we have the distribution to help this thing grow to what you believe it can be. Right, I thought, oh, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hey did you did you did you put any thought into the into that wilderness? Show me and you in the country hunting.
Speaker 2: You ain't never shot a gun in your life.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point of having the show.
Speaker 5: You teaching me how to hunt, how to how to how to catch squirrels and bears and deer and skin them and eat them.
Speaker 1: So if we don't catch if we don't catch no food, we don't catch no fish, like we starved.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not gonna start because I know how to fish, I know how to hunt.
Speaker 5: Like it's like a wilderness show, punkin Ocho in the wilderness, like Survivor.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. But here's the thing, when Dow, we gonna have time to shoot the show man.
Speaker 1: We gotta fine time, man, we gotta find gotta fine time.
Speaker 2: O Yo, you like having fifty eleven jobs. I'm trying to scale back.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't trying to scale back. I ain't trying to scale back because I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to scale back.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm about to have to hit the road. Were about to have to go what we just activated, Florida, Illinois and Baltimore, Virginia. I'm about to have to have to hit the road for La Portier.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: No fate ninety seven. I don't know why I looked up and thought, oh Joe was Vanessa Williams.
Speaker 2: And soul Food. Hey Julia Funking? Oh yo, love this sh and the work you put in it. Keep keep it going. King.
Speaker 3: Now back to football. Are you worried about the Chiefs not playing ball for so long?
Speaker 5: I'm not if it was a Listen, if you look at the college teams that all had a bye week, you saw what happened to them.
Speaker 1: That is not the same when it comes to NFL teams. Players need that rest.
Speaker 5: If you you you you really want the first seas so you can get that bye week so players that are nicked up they can heal up and be a little bit more healthy come time to the not divisional round?
Speaker 1: What round?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: The division around?
Speaker 2: This week we just wrapped up wild card the wild card. Now with the division around, you get.
Speaker 1: That one seed and you get that that week off.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Players love it, love it, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's uh but and plus they've been here. This is what they normally do.
Speaker 3: They normally have the one seed, so it's not like it's not something they're not used to. That last year was different. They were the three Seed ended up having to take that show on the road. But one thing we learned about the Kansas City Chiefs, it doesn't matter. They got one five and as long as you got one five and you got big red and they called them plays, they're good.
Speaker 1: You got a change, They're good.
Speaker 3: Uh damn Smith said when Vike, when the Vikings needed Donald the most, he vanaged fourteen to three pointed season. If you're going to can coon a week after everyone else, Yeah, it didn't not.
Speaker 2: You know, look, he.
Speaker 3: Didn't have a whole lot of times, but sometimes you just love and do I mean Sam Donalds where Sam Donald lives.
Speaker 2: He's a guy.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna make a whole lot of plays outside the play sheet what you call he can operate.
Speaker 2: He's not like Lamar, He's not like uh Pad Mahomes. He's not like Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: He's not a guy that's gonna be able to get off script and if you know, something breaks down, he's gonna be able to make it work.
Speaker 2: That's not who You.
Speaker 3: Got to understand that, just understand who he is. He had a phenomenal season, But the question is do you believe he could replicate that? If you do you believe this was an anomaly or this is the new norm.
Speaker 1: I think it's a new norm. Yeah, it's a norm because of what he has around him.
Speaker 5: I always said quarterback is as good as his supporting cast, unless you're a special tier one quarterback that can elevate the players around you. Regardless on your team, as long as you got Addison and Hackerson and Justin Jefferson and Aaron Jones, you will be just fine.
Speaker 2: Mhm, what we got here? Justin rodden back.
Speaker 3: You need to let Sam walk like they did Keenan for Mike Evans should be All Pro every year.
Speaker 2: He must see TV. NFL needs to add more spots to the roster.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean they've added the slot. Uh they take a full back now. It used to be two running backs. Uh, and the fullback never got added. Uh they have a slot dB uh. So I mean, I don't they got it? What they got edge? They got edge rushers. It used to be just d ns uh and it so it was. It's always it was two middle linebackers, three outside linebackers, two d ns, three d ns and three d chaffles. I think that's how it used to be. Ochoe with three safeties and uh three corners because it used to I think that's how it was. But you know they did a way even the pro bow on your used to. They used to take three running backs like okay, if you take three running backs, who blocking?
Speaker 2: So you want Barry the blocks the email or you want block for Baron? You ain'tboy getting the rush yards just see it. I'm just letting you know. You just know you're gonna throw it. And it used to be all the left tackles.
Speaker 3: Now you know you got a right a right tackle that could be an all pro because it used to be all left tackles that were all pros unless some right tackle had some phenomenal seasons right. But for the most part it was left tackles. But now they take that. But walk GoF forty four tail prime to hire y'all if he goes to the Cowboys. Hopefully he won't take it. He won't take the job. He ain't gonna hire me. He already know. I talked to him too, but he know me. I want no part of coaching. Yes on, nobody, staff.
Speaker 1: Don't hire me and let me come play for veteran minimum.
Speaker 3: Samuel Griffin, Hey, night Cap just received some of the new nightcap gearing for my birthday.
Speaker 2: If you're a Bengals GM, would you trade Jamar Chase for Travis Unter? Hell? Now, you need a guy that's gonna produce the points and you're not.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody gonna trade you. Ain't nobody gonna trade because, first of all, why would you do that? You weaken your offense if you do that, Like, like what what you're saying? You man, you're trying to make a deal to try to go get Jai Air? I mean's gonna cast you. But no, I'm not trading. I'm not trading Chase for a hunter Mario Rubio Shannon. Where would your rank and turn the tight end?
Speaker 2: Oh yo? Where would you land? Is all time receiver? I'm top five. That's my final last.
Speaker 1: I'm going with that some time I'm eighty fifth.
Speaker 3: I I don't know. I'll let y'all rank. All I know is I got everything I could out of my ability. I played as hard as I can every time I could. Every time I stepped on the field, I tried to represent the Sharp family, my grandma, my family, my brother, my sisters. I tried to represent the Broncos or the Ravens. I tried to represent the fan base that I was representing. I got all I could. I squeezed the I squeezed this orange and got every drop. And then when I couldn't have no more juice, I ate the orange and then I used the orange. Feel possessed. I had nothing left. So wherever the fan base want to ring me or whoever's ranking it, have at it. But I love my career. Yeah, seventh round draft kick pick, seventh round pick from an HBCU Pro Football Hall of Fame. My number is up in the stadium without crest beside it. I think I did okay. So whatever, whatever whatever they say I am, I say top five, But if you want to say I'm somewhere between top ten, I can deal with that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't.
Speaker 3: Jet tone this chat. My dog's wag his tail when he sees must be the dog person or something.
Speaker 2: Yep. I love animals. Animals love me. Yeah, I need it. Like I said, I'm gonna give me a farm, but you I want me.
Speaker 3: I really want me a many cow, a mini goat, a mini horse, and a raccoon.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're gonna, if you're gonna have a farm. You're gonna need more than four anamalsts.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna have that kind of farm.
Speaker 1: Well you just said a farm. It's only one kind of farm.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's a farm. You're talking about a ranch.
Speaker 1: Well you want a many farm to go at your many animals?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, give me, give me, like to give me like an egg or two?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that they got friends.
Speaker 3: So the cow be a Fred to the goat, the gold be you get Fred to the horse, and then I gotta keep Titus is gonna be chasing little no Teddy chasing them. Tight's gonna be like whatever, right, doctor Frankie m ballety, Doc, what it do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you think you love animals so much because they show you unconditional love. I'm sure it's challenging trying to find someone who loves you as deeply an unconditional as you want them to. I just I mean, growing up around animals on you, I've always I've always, I've always had this love with animals. I've always said that if I ever came into some money, I'm gonna have me I'm gonna have pets.
Speaker 2: I've had dogs since nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: And then when I got an apartment, they wouldn't let me have the dog because I had two Rockwallers. I let my sister take them. And then at that point in time, I started renting the house. And so I've had I've had dogs. We grew up with dogs. My grandmother we had dogs. Now we didn't treat the dogs like like I treat my dogs now, ain't you know, Peter, don't get mad. But they was tied up under shed. They wasn't walking around. My grandfather, my uncle them had hunting dogs that we had in pins, you know we had they had black and tan, they had red bone, had blue ticks, tread walkers, things like that. You know, bloodhounds, not a bloodhound. Mister Grant Hunt had a bloodhound. But they had hunting dogs.
Speaker 2: You know. My my uncles that were big hunters.
Speaker 3: My grandfather used to have dogs, but we had I think he only had one by the time I was around, named Joe Boy. But I've always I love pets. Uh, yes, no matter. I mean I yelled at Titus and he gets upsetting. He'll go get in his pen and I say, I'm sorry, bro, I ain't mean to yell at him.
Speaker 2: He come out. He just as happy Teddy. Don't care you yell at Teddy. Teddy like.
Speaker 3: Go with his pajamas on head pay you know attention? Uh, you know what it is, Doc, I haven't devoted.
Speaker 2: The kind of time.
Speaker 3: To the relationship like I have other things. That's why problem. That's in a nutshellow Joe, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they try to try to make me get emotional. Elijah Moses, Hey, uncon ojo second day, second day, my twenty four two days? Is my twenty fourth birthday? Can I get a shout out some advice from being in sports media? If the Eagles don't win the Super Bowl, does say quad not getting the wreck up more of a disappointment? Well, happy early birthday. Hopefully you do something funny. You got something mapped out. Bro, When you get into this space, just understand what you're gonna have to sacrifice. You see, sports are played on the weekends. They're also played during the holidays. Are you gonna be okay being away.
Speaker 2: From your family? Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Sometimes people forget that, Like I want to do this the X, Y and Z, But do you understand what comes along with X, Y, and Z. They don't have to be sacrifices that you're gonna have to make. And you're not willing to make that sacrifice, you don't deserve to be successful. So that's what I tell people that want to get into the media space, is that you do understand that sports happen on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year? Are you willing to give that up? Are you willing to sacrifice that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Do your partner understand that that's what you're gonna have to sacrifice? So yeah, Yeah, it's gonna be more disappointment if they don't win the super Bowl. Keda, it's gonna be disappointed if you didn't win the super Bowl, because that's good because I believe you could have had both. See, if they're not mutually exclusive, that don't mean because if he got the record, he wouldn't win the super Bowl. And if you win the super Bowl, he didn't. They couldn't have got the record. Why couldn't he get both?
Speaker 1: He couldn't?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, tremendous saying hey, unconno cho, tomorrow's also my birthday.
Speaker 2: Can I get a shout out? Also?
Speaker 3: Do you believe certain quarterbacks like Lamar only get judged by what they do in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Tremendous.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday man, early birthday. If you're on the East Coast, it's your birthday now. No, all quarterbacks that's Lamar caliber get judged by what they do in the playoffs, because that's the ultimate test. It's a playoffs, that's the that's the highest test that you can take, O Joe. He's like, you're a fourth year law student and you got to take the highest test to you know, you got to pass the bar.
Speaker 2: The playoffs is the bar, and you keep taking it and taking it until you pass it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So no, Lamar gonna get judged, just like just like seven Lway got judge. All the quarterbacks get judged, especially Bro. You realize Lamar is. I believe he's gonna be a three time.
Speaker 1: League NBP for crazy work.
Speaker 3: Three Yes, yes, Randy, A lot of us, Uncle, O Joe. My lady's birthday. Her name is Elizabeth. Would you guys please give her a shout out. She's a real one. Also been Also, when do the tickets for the show at the draft in Green Bay gone sale? We'll get to that. Happy birthday, Elizabeth. Randy wanted us to shout you out, let you know you're real one, that you're down. You hold him down and he greatly, greatly appreciates that, and we appreciate you watching.
Speaker 2: Randy.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you have Elizabeth watching us with it. No tickets at this point, right, no tickets at this point. Yeah, we will be live, but we'll let you know what's going on Randy as it gets looked. We don know something here in the next month. We ain't gonna leave. We're not gonna leave you hide y'all, Randy. We promise, we promise.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys. That concluded this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for watching. Y'all know me.
Speaker 3: I'm your favorite on Shatton, that guy Liberty City legend being a Ring of Fame honoree. The Pro Bowl will be all pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe, but please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You see o Cho got his Nightcap hoodie on the zip up. Every subscriber, Go subscribe, guys.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 3: You guys have been so fake for so long and he got to pay it. Oh so he got the outfit on. Yeah, you got the whole unsmable drip. Yeah, you dripped out, You dripped out. Thank you guys for your support, and you'll continue support because because of you, we're allowed loud to do what we do. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock and the holidays celebrate, somebody's gonna be very happy. We're gonna make sure you have something to celebrate. And what better way to celebrate than when the bottle of Shave by Laportier. Now, if you cannot find it any city or a state near you, just order and we would ship it directly to your door, so you'll have it in time for your big celebration. And please please drink responsibly. Go subscribe to the Humble Batties YouTube page. The Lincolns pending our chat right now. Rail Ashley and Alexis their show is now up under the Sha Shaped Media umbrella. We produced the show, they have creative control and we distributed it. So this is Rail and her girls. Yeah, no it's not, it's not. It's not my ad.
Speaker 2: It's a different ad.
Speaker 3: So I knew I Guess What and my Clothing go follow the Sha Shaped Media Company page on all of its platforms, and My Clothing Company eighty four produced the outfit to note your hands on the new sweats shirts, coozies, venus and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans, our first bring tour stop on sale now the Lincoln pinned at the top of the chat. February to sixth in New Orleans at the Mahelia Jackson. Be there, you don't want to miss it. We got big guests coming on. Both Nightcap and Club shay Shape are both nominated for NAACP Image Award. Nightcap with nominated for Outstanding Podcasts Art, Sports and Entertainment. Club Shay Shape was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts Society and Culture. Please go vote for you guys. The Lincolns pinning out social bios, make sure you tune in for Wednesday show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try something a little different.
Speaker 3: We got a couple of special guests that's gonna join us because you and now we're constantly trying to evolve. We're constantly trying to do try to add and so give our viewing and listening audience something to digest, something to you on.
Speaker 2: And so we think you're gonna really like this. Let us know what you think. We take all feedback positive, negative and otherwise. But this is what it's about.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try to constantly, always evolve, push the envelope, make sure we try to educate you, inform you as well as entertainment and the Rams. They move on to face the Philadelphia Eagles with a demolition job over the Minnesota Vikings twenty seven to nine. The Rams defense sacked Sam Donald nine times, forced to fumble scoop and score as they win going away twenty one to nine. The Vikings finished the season fourteen and four. The Rams move on to face the Eagles on Sunday. Should be a very interesting game. Thank you for Jordan us for nightcap. I'm unk, He's o cho. We will see you Wednesday night. Thank you again for joining us