Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens are gearing up for a matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday in Pittsburgh. This is a big AFC North showdown between the top two teams in the division. The Steelers are currently leading the way in the division, sitting at seven and two and the Ravens are seven and three on the year. Kickoff on Sunday is at one o'clock and as the Ravens prepare for that matchup, today, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Good seeing everybody, appreciate everybody being here. What questions you have John?
Speaker 3: With Kyles Wednesday practice companies great film, pretty optimistic about Kyle. I am John Worth let after practice yesterday was seen as walking boo.
Speaker 4: He rowsn't out here practice today just for company.
Speaker 5: Give any information regarding that?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't have any information on that. We just got to see where we go with that, Great.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 3: One thing that Pittsburgh defense has done particularly well this year has been a really limited scrambled I saw a stat that they've only given up I take three scrambles for twelve yards. You guys have done very well in that department, going up against the mobile quarterbacks as well. What's the key to when you're going up against the quarterback who can move around getting pressure but not letting them get it?
Speaker 2: You got it? Just do a good job or getting the guy, you know, And there's techniques involved in terms that we use for different guys, and there's different games and things you can use. I mean, Pittsburgh's good at it. They've got really good pass rushures. I think those guys, you know, between Watt and her Big this week, you know, he does a great job. And they brought in Presston Smith. You know, it's a good addition. I think their tackles do a good job inside, you know, pressing the pocket and they shed blocks well. I mean, you know, Heyward's still a force in there. So like I think they do a good job with that.
Speaker 4: So now that you've had a.
Speaker 2: Week of practice with them, what have you learned about your maybe as late good football player, a great guy. I've learned that you know, he picks things up quickly, So very happy with him.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today, we also heard from safety Kyle Hamilton. He went down with an ankle injury. In the game against the Bengals last week, but he returned to practice on Thursday and practice again on Friday. He talked reporters about his status and how he's feeling going into this game.
Speaker 6: Did the guy clipped the back of your fleet and it was hard to tell whether he actually clipped you out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I saw the video. I think he clipped me. I just felt pain, and I was initially scared because, like I've heard everybody talk about, like how when you're do an achilles it feels like you get stepped on or something like that, and so I felt I think he stepping on his foot, But luckily it wasn't anything like that.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people marvel it just how quickly you're able to get back out there. You know, a lot of the layman twists and ankle now a month. What is it for you? How are you able to do this? And is it a mentality thing? Is it a physical thing? What is it?
Speaker 4: I think it's a little bit both. I think, you know, if I'm able to play, I'm gonna play and playing through pain or whatever, not saying that I am right now, but I think it's important. You know, we only get a handful of these games. It's not like we're in the MLB or NBA. Every single one of these counts, especially this one a division opponent on the road, So I wanna be available as much as possible for my team. And I think I was just raised to you know, if you're if you can go, go, so do that.
Speaker 3: At what point did you kind of comfortable, uh turning point whether or whatever?
Speaker 5: Or you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think over the the long weekend, which helped a ton, I think for this healing process. You know, I was just playing a waiting games, just doing what I need to do coming in here, and you know, it got better every day and you know, making little strides and can't get frustrated with it. I know it was kind of a quick turnaround for the injury, but you know, no, I think I was just trusting the process, trusting the trainers, and they got me.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Kyle, here, do you expect for you up there? It's too early to know expect there. Now I'm gonna be out there.
Speaker 5: Wow, Pittsburgh's kind of had your guys number a little bit more than usual the last few years. A lot of nuance that explains that meaningless games, you know, lamar resting some games as well. But that said, how much motivation is there just knowing how important this game is in terms of the standings, but also because they are one of your biggest rivals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we we approached this week a little different just because of you know, the history that's there, and I think both sides respect both sides and it makes for a good game every time. So, you know, I think we're excited to go out there and with the standings how they are right now, obviously it's a big game, but if both teams are oh intended its, it'll be a big game. So I think it's it's fun to play in, fun to be part of and uh, scot out there and try to good w I it sounded like.
Speaker 6: There was a pretty spirited film review.
Speaker 3: Meeting on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: How is it different from just the usual game the year?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about this past week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you know, it was nothing crazy or anything like that. I think you know, everybody's holding each other accountable. When guys are taking that well, taking the criticism which is positive back and you know, what can I do to improve our defense and improve myself which will then in turn improve the defense, and everybody's got to look in the mirror address everything. At this point, we still have seven games guaranteed left, so and after that, you know, we're trying to make a Super Bowl run, so so a bunch of time left to get everything straightened out. But you know, I think everybody's excited and it's not the opportunity to go on Sunday and just improve ourselves.
Speaker 1: Right, you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast again. Kickoff Sunday is at one o'clock on CBS. Thanks so much for listening. We'll be back with you again this weekend.