Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetti.
Speaker 2: For the first time.
Speaker 4: The US launching a deadly air strike on a suspected drug boat in the Eastern Pacific Ocean off Central America, a major expansion of President Trump's war on the cartels. Secretary Pete Hegseth saying the vessel was involved in illicit narcotics smuggling as part of a designated terrorist organization, but did not provide evidence. He added that two people were killed this newest strike, targeting the Eastern Pacific. It's where roughly seventy percent of all the cocaine that enters the US is smuggled.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. That was a fact from ABC News. That's seventy percent of the drugs entering the United States coming from that little area there.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I don't have strong opinions on this particular topic this show, for better or worse, or at least for me, for better or worse, I only get worked up about certain things. I don't get worked up about every story that comes along. And this isn't what I'm getting worked up about. But some of my actual conservative or libertarian friends are very concerned about this. Yeah, I get that. I get it too, Just you know, you can only get for me anyway. I can only really emotionally get involved in so many different stories. Here's Trump explaining blasting people, perhaps fishermen, perhaps drug dealers.
Speaker 2: Who knows out of the water.
Speaker 5: When you look at the people we're dealing with, and we know them, we know the people coming in, we know the boats, we know everything else.
Speaker 3: We're allowed to do it. It's in international waters.
Speaker 5: If we don't do it, we're going to lose hundreds of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: I gotta believe that for real.
Speaker 1: Even with all the jokes we've been making about fishermen, I wouldn't want to get into a boat and go out fishing in that area, would you.
Speaker 6: Well, I would not do it in a super powered what do they call them cigarette boat? Those those super high powered speed boats. I'd make mine look good and fishing y.
Speaker 1: You know, got a bunch of poles sticking out, got the cabin door, fentanyls worms.
Speaker 2: Right, and then you know, give the give the boat a name.
Speaker 6: Like the Heidi Ho three or something like that, an innocent, fun loving name, because all these boats look the same. They're super high powered speed boats. They do boats zooming across the Caribbean or in this case, and the news was making a big the.
Speaker 1: Trump's controsio practices have now expanded to the Eastern Pacific. You know, I don't think the name of the body on the wall of water on the app is really that significant a wrinkle, right, it's how sure we are who this is? And you know what's the process for determining?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, in short, drug routes from South and Central America to the US. Some are going to be on that side of the Panama it is Smiths, some are going to be on the other, all right, David Muha, calm down. Excellent use of the word isthmus, thank you, which doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make it under the show enough. So Marco Rubio is what it is? Mus.
Speaker 1: Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, was there in the Oval Office and was asked about this and stood up for our current policy.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean the question is, bottom line, these are drug voats. If people want to stop seeing drug voats blow up, stop sending drugs to the United.
Speaker 2: States, doesn't matter in the United States.
Speaker 7: Well, these are all in international waters.
Speaker 3: The voat you is strike in the United States or.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a different man. Now you're talking about law enforcement matter. In this particular case, there are people traveling on international waters headed towards the United States with how hostilities in mind, which includes flooding our country with dangerous, deadly drugs, and they're going to be stopped. And that's what's happening. And yeah, in the case last week you saw there was a submarine. It was a submarine. It was a submersible. That's a drug boat. All the way through. We know what these boats are, the President just said it.
Speaker 2: We tracked them from the very beginning.
Speaker 7: We know who's on them, who they are, where they're coming from, what they have on them. And you know, if you're running drug boats, you're in you're in grave danger.
Speaker 2: I hope that's true. I hope we know who's on them, we know them they're drug boats. I hope it's as thorough as they're presenting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you don't wanna get blown up, don't don't drive a drug boat through that area.
Speaker 2: That's his advice.
Speaker 1: So we're following a big breaking news story today with the NBA season starting what two days ago, thirty one people arrested, including a head coach and current player, at least one in a gambling scandal. So the FBI is going to have a big press conference today and we'll find out more about what was going on there. But like Joe said, this could be one of the biggest sports gamblings stories ever.
Speaker 6: Oh, it absolutely could be. Yeah, yeah, now you're working that desk. I'm not really following it. But have they even leaked? Is that the end of the list of players and coaches or are among the thirty one arrested? Are there more NBA figures? Are they all just mobsters and gambler?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My guess would be that those are the two big names and the rest of the movie people.
Speaker 2: You never heard of a coach and a player, but an actual.
Speaker 1: Head coach arrested though in one of the major sports leagues. Wow, yeah, crazy, crazy, Wonder what he was doing. Uh, you know, I could do the dinosaurs now if you want. I just came across so they don't bounce.
Speaker 6: No, No, I tell you what though, if I'm an NBA GM and I've got some like some guy paid a zillion dollars to a few years ago and he's gotten fat and lazy and ineffective. Man, I'm planting evidence. I'm planting evidence in that guy's locker or something to get him out of there. That's a funny idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Plus, you can't make me pay the guy's salary if he's a damn gambler.
Speaker 2: I won't have it. Shocked shocked, I say.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, here it is guys, this is just for you, and I tell you what and women.
Speaker 2: If you are.
Speaker 6: Among the people who think, oh my god, that's so cool, well then you get an honorary guy card and welcome to the club.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the story.
Speaker 6: In New Jersey, for fourteen years, you have one of these quasi educational, quasi entertainment stop your car with the kids places called field Station Dinosaurs which among their their their attractions, or a bunch of big giant animatronic dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: I've stopped it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've stopped that with my kids or my parents stopped that. These sorts of things, oh many many times in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's one in Arizona.
Speaker 6: We used to stop with stop at with the kids whenever we'd go see my mom and dad for years.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so good. I enjoyed it as much as they did. But so anyway, this field.
Speaker 6: Station dinosaurs shut down in November, and some employee said, hey, I bet we could sell these dinosaurs just to you know, cover some of the costs and stuff like that. And so the general manager said, yeah, okay, I suppose we could try it, and they put it online, but like put absurdly low prices, like the t Rex, which is thirty nine feet tall, was priced at twenty seven hundred dollars that, oh yeah, please put it. And this guy who's got a rural home in Connecticut sits along a busy road farms and farm stands, and he thought, wow, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put that on my land.
Speaker 6: He says, quote. My wife thought it was absolutely the worst idea in the world. But once word got out, it's gone viral and now they're getting all sorts of crazy offers. Although, as the GM says, everybody wants the t Rex or the triceratops. Although one guy bought a six foot velociraptor because he thought, yeah, it's six and a half feet. He thinks, yeah, I could fit that on a flatbed truck. Quote, anything larger would be a logistical nightmare. Yeah, get involving hiring a private ship. Or that's just too much effort, he said, too much effort for a gigantic t rex on your lawn.
Speaker 2: You're out of the bidding.
Speaker 1: You don't deserve that t rex, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the velociraptor I could put in the living room. That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: I'll have it, thirty nine foot tall, t rep four stories.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I don't know what rules might be in your neighborhood that allow you to have that or not. I don't know. I gotta check with my hoa. I live in one of those places.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the Triceratops is really attractive, although the stegosaurus also very attractive. Here's one guy I wanted to buy. The Stegosaurus's thirty feet long. It's only twelve hundred and sixty bucks.
Speaker 6: Wow, man, if I had land, I would, seriously I would. I couldn't, but again, I couldn't tell my wife. It would just have to show up one day, honey, there's a truck outside. Oh really, that's weird.
Speaker 2: What's with the t rex? What t rex? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was gonna mention that, Yeah, I bought a forty foot tall t Rex.
Speaker 6: You remember the other night when I stayed up a little late drinking Scotch and watching concert videos. Well, anyway, oh boy, so we can put.
Speaker 2: A link to this.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure are there any for sale now, I'm not sure if they're all sold out, but oh forty foot dinosaur.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: So there was a second, I believe in last debate last night for the New York mayoral race, which in general I don't care about New York's local politics, but you got a communist running against a crook.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, this is a serious, like medical checkup for the American people, and.
Speaker 1: It got pretty hilarious, got pretty firely fire ree last night. We've got the highlights of that debate, among other things on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 8: But as you now know, individuals such as Chauncey Billups, Damon Jones, and Terry Rozier were taking into custody today former current NBA players and coaches. What you don't know is that this is an illegal gambling operation and sports rigging operation that spanned the course of years, the FBI led a coordinative takedown across eleven states to arrest over thirty individuals today responsible for this case, which is very much ongoing. Not only did we crack into the fraud that these perpetrators committed on the grand stage of the NBA, but we also entered and executed a system of justice against La Casinoshra to include the Banano, Gambino, Genevesi, and lu Chase crime families.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this includes some of the biggest crime families in American history. That's Cash Pattel, FBI director, just moments ago with his press conference as thirty one people have been arrested involving an NBA gambling and he said they're fixing scandal.
Speaker 2: Didn't he did? He use the word fixing.
Speaker 1: I don't recall something that the game that involved games though, rigging. He used the word rigging, sports, rigging, fair So yeah, story so uh, Because I had been reading the New York Times version of it and this is all just coming out and it sounded like a lot of poker and gambling, and I thought, Okay, is this not going to be as big a deal? But no rigging poker games Okay, rigging poker games is different than rigging NBA games. You got to figure out why are we rigging poker or rigging NBA games here? Those are different things. Anyway, here's more from Cash Betel.
Speaker 8: The charges and the arrests that were taken down across this country range from wire fraud, money laundering, extortion, robbery, illegal gambling, and the fraud is mind boggling. It's not hundreds of dollars, it's not thousands of dollars. It's not tens of thousands of dollars. It's not even millions of dollars. We're talking about tens of millions of dollars in fraud and theft and robbery across a multi year investigation.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait a second, you told me sure enough. Is this a deal where cause you know, Michael Jordan, famous like big time gambler, Charles Barkley, famous big time gambler like have gambling problems, They spend crazy amounts of money.
Speaker 2: Is this just about some.
Speaker 1: Sort of illegal poker games that they were rigging that happened to be sports players and doesn't really have anything to do with NBA games.
Speaker 6: They happen to be rich guys who were somehow involved.
Speaker 1: But the excuse me, the wording is very vague. Is that on purpose to make this seem like it's attached to the NBA so far, and it seems to me like the only attachment is you got rich NBA players involved in some illegal gambling.
Speaker 2: But that's not got anything to do with the league.
Speaker 6: Let's see the case, which involves at least two criminal schemes according to people with knowledge of the matter. Uh, some people participated in both schemes. According to a person with knowledge of the matter, one involved illegal poker games that were set up by organized crime families and also involved at least one NBA coach and former player in the league. According to three law enforcement officials, the case is expected to involve more than two dozen people.
Speaker 2: I think, what's the other aspect of it? Well, let me what's the one. Let me say this and then you can tell me if I'm right or not.
Speaker 1: Cash Ptel has got a reputation of a bit of a like, likes to get headlines and uh, you know, put on a bit of a show, get a lot of attention. Is he purposely saying rigged games to confuse people? When this is about poker games and not about NBA games.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm getting live updates. The indictments charged two different schemes. One a sports betting conspiracy that exploited confidential information.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, and the other the nationwide scheme to rig poker games.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The poker games thing is kind of interesting, but not a whatever. But if it, you know, you get into the actual sports that people bet on by the billions of dollars, and some of them were fixed this way or that.
Speaker 2: That's that's a major that's a major.
Speaker 1: Story, right, yeah, yeah, it's both.
Speaker 2: Wow. Huh.
Speaker 1: And how about those you know, if you're into mafia's stories, you know those names. Those are the big Mafia families. I didn't think they were up to much these days, although rigging games.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, huh. This is exciting.
Speaker 1: But I see my brother from the Old Country sitting in the gallery. So I'll not be testifying on the show. Sorry, I got nothing to say.
Speaker 2: You have to be a fan of the Godfather to enjoy that. What was I gonna say? It's gonna say something if you're not watch it again.
Speaker 1: The NBA and the gambling and I don't know I had some point to make about that.
Speaker 2: Well, there will be time. There will be time.
Speaker 1: The head coach is done.
Speaker 2: The head coach is done as a coach. Ye, yeah, of course he is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry Portland, you got junkies on the streets and crooks running your basketball team.
Speaker 2: It's a shame.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 6: A couple of things I'm excited to talk about. A think tank, a good one has re ranked universities and colleges and ranked them on free speech, the school's approach to politics on campus, how well students do after graduation, whether they've exhibited some sort of pluralism among faculty. In short, do they behave like a university supposed to behave or do they behave like an indoctrination factory for progressive thought? And the top ten are out at least, and it's not the usual suspects. If you want your kid or you're just concerned about this in general, but if you want your kid to go to university where they'll actually be challenged and learn, got the list for you coming up.
Speaker 1: Cool, And then we're going to get the highlights of the debate last night between the communists and the crook So that's fun. They got a little spicy. So I'm looking at CNN. Their headline up there is historic arrest. This is in quotes, historic arrest over years of sports rigging.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to be more specific about the sports rigging.
Speaker 1: Are you talk about the sport of gambling or the sport of national the basketball in the National Basketball Association?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not clear to me where the one ends and the other one starts. There being fudgie on this and purpose because it's more exciting if it's NBA games than if it's we're talking about CNN. Right, yeah, right, Well but did did Cash Pttel make it a little fudgy on purpose to make it more exciting?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Make it clear to us, please Armstrong and Getty. First of all, we're trying to wrap our heads around exactly what's happening with this giant NBA gambling scandal. Is it mostly poker games? That's what all the headlines seem to be, and that's the main thing they're talking about in the press conference. There's these rigged poker games spanning eleven states, and all the crime families and NBA players, coaches and people that are involved in them. They're not talk giving any details on anything about games as of yet, NBA games just poker games, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: What's going on there. I guess we'll find out when we find out.
Speaker 1: New York Times is definitely talking about game scandals, a game fixing scandals too, but they didn't They certainly didn't lead with that, and they haven't given any details whatsoever. And if that were the bulk of us, you would lead with that. We have evidence that in an NBA game they shaved points or pulled a player or whatever, and they got it's all. It's been going on for a half an hour now, and it's like ninety nine percent. It's Operation Royal Flush, which is the name of the sting, which would lead you to believe it's mostly poker. It's not Operation you know, missed that free throw on purpose. It's Operation Royal Flush. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see thirty one people arrested though, that's something uh.
Speaker 6: The attorney for the Eastern District in New York said that the sports betting scheme involved hundreds of thousands of dollars in fraudulent bets involving network of proxies or straw betters. Most of the allegedly fraudulent bets were successful. Okay, well we'll update updates come, but that's hundreds of thousands of dollars. They're talking about tens of millions of day total, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, when people regularly decide to cross that line historically in terms of cheating in sports, that's when they've gotten themselves into gambling debt. They've gotten themselves into a real problem. It's what you throw a fight or whatever. It's because you got your gambling on other things and you got yourself in such a bad situation that you cross that line and willing to do so. Well, the mobsters come to you and say, you're never going to pay us off.
Speaker 2: So here's an idea how you can get square, and you have to take it. It's an offer you can't refuse.
Speaker 1: Look, butch I need you to go down in the third That sting you feel is pride. You got to fight that s right. That's from pulp fiction, second classic movie reference of the hour. So they had another debate last night in New York with the communist, the crook, and then that other dude, which you'll hear from all three of them.
Speaker 2: And these are some of the highlights from the debate.
Speaker 5: My opponents, who spend more time trying to convince the other to drop out than actually proposing their own policies, will speak only of the past because that's all that they know. I am the sole candidate running with a vision for the future of this city.
Speaker 3: Zoron is a great actor. He missed his calling.
Speaker 9: Since I left, homeless rate is more than double. When I left, the vacancy rate on housing was four point five percent.
Speaker 3: It's now one percent.
Speaker 9: This man never even proposed the bill.
Speaker 2: Andrew, you didn't leave. You fled from being impeached.
Speaker 1: By the Democrats of the state legislature.
Speaker 4: You fled.
Speaker 2: So that's funny.
Speaker 1: Say that's Curtis sleewa guy who we met at a couple of different things anyway, But he runs for mayor every single election and and gets on the stage and everything like that.
Speaker 2: He hates Andrew Cuomo so much in.
Speaker 1: The Cuomo family because he's been in politics in New York City and state for his whole life. He hates the Cuomo family so much. He spends all his time trying to take down the guy who ain't gonna win instead of the guy that's gonna win the communists.
Speaker 6: But that is he'll let the communist win if he can damage Cuomo. And and Curtis Lee was defense. He was a hero in New York for a long time. Got shot the mob Hello tried to murder him, shot him micing five times or something like that in a cab. And he doesn't appreciate the mobbed up Cuomo allegedly according to some sort But it's pretty funny Cuomo saying when I left, we had whatever percentage of you left. He had to resign because you're about to be put in prison.
Speaker 2: That is a pretty funny thing to say. That's hair a little more.
Speaker 5: I will be the mayor who doesn't just protect Jewish New Yorkers but also celebrates and cherishes them.
Speaker 3: Not everything is a TikTok video. You're the savior of the Jewish people.
Speaker 9: You won't denounce globalize they which means killed jus. You have never had a job, You've never accomplished anything.
Speaker 3: There's no reason to believe you have any merit or qualification. For eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Million lives, that's a good shot.
Speaker 2: It's tell your damn COMI.
Speaker 1: It's tough though hearing it from a crook, a corrupt womanizing woman secretary, touching, lying, shredding documents.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just an awful human being.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's the pot calling the kettle black. It's it's it's terrible, terrible. What is the matter with our political system? No, can we keep belching up horrible candidates like this?
Speaker 2: It is amazing. A little more.
Speaker 3: Trees the rent sounds great.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it effectual about twenty five percent of the number of housing units in the City of New York.
Speaker 3: It's not a new idea.
Speaker 9: If the mayor doesn't have the power to do it anyway, the Rent Guidelines Board does, and he doesn't control the rent guide so nothing is going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's all this.
Speaker 9: It's just more political blatherer.
Speaker 1: I've heard the both of them again, fighting like kids in the schoolyard or on your resume could fit on a cocktail napkin. And Andrew, your failures could fill a public school library in New York City. We've been saying this for years. You got to get rid of crowds and debates. Just what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Entertainment? It's entertainment. It's a TV show. Okay, so you know.
Speaker 1: Communists, what what do you got? This is what kind of related the communist is going to win? He's still going to win? Zor run MONI donie all right.
Speaker 6: I came across this email from Charles C. W. Cook at the National Review, entitled apparently we still need to explain why communism is wrong and and this is actually I think it's a plea to subscribe or something like that.
Speaker 2: But it's very good. I love this.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've heard this before. Charles writes, I have long agreed with TS. Eliot that quote there is no such thing as a lost cause, because there is no such thing as a gained cause, the point being because human nature does not fundamentally change over time, it's incumbent upon every generation to learn anew the eternal lessons, because it'll.
Speaker 2: Go away, The good stuff will go aways.
Speaker 6: Reagan put it famously, no more than in a generation or two away from losing our liberty. We've got to teach our children how precious it is. And he says he's long believed that. But still, he writes, I must confess to having been a little shocked of late by how many topics remain open for debate. I had not, for example, expected to see the flourishing of anti Semitism to stain the United States, Britain and beyond since the attack of October seventh. I did not consider it likely that New York City would consider electing a Communist as its mayor. And I had not anticipated that the sensible and effective reforms that were ushered in by President Reagan and Prime Minister Thatcher would be at risk of being replaced.
Speaker 2: Quite this soon.
Speaker 6: I had, not, in other words, expected these battles to return to test us once more.
Speaker 1: On so compressed a timetable.
Speaker 2: So true. It's a little tiring. Honestly.
Speaker 6: It's like in Cuomo, the crook could have done a better job of explaining why rent control is such a miserable failure.
Speaker 2: But it's funny.
Speaker 6: As you attain a certain age, you're like, wait a minute, people are running this up the flagpole again. It's completely discredited over and over again, but you got to do it again. It's like doing the laundry or or you know, washing your car. You don't just do it once. It's a periodic thing. Explaining why communism sucks.
Speaker 1: Before we take a break, the press conference in the big FBI is arrested thirty one people in this gambling thing. This headline from the NYPD just came across. Players altered their performances in scheme, so that is part of it. So they altered their performance in a game in the scheme. The way I'm taking this in because this is going on while we're on the air, I think from a legal standpoint, it's mostly an illegal gambling thing that the big crime families were running from an entertainment interest. To us standpoint, it's a some of the players got themselves into trouble gambling and they got forced into altering the performances to pay off gambling thats. But that seems to be like a minor part of I mean, it's a big part of the of an NBA story, but it's a minor part of this big bust because it's tens of millions of dollars in the crime family gambling stuff and poker games and everything like that, because they were cheating people all across the right. So what some NBA players got caught up in it, and so that you know, it's kind of interesting. What was the name of the former mobster Michael friend Ceci what was his name.
Speaker 2: He became really.
Speaker 6: Well known ten fifteen years ago when he left the mob. He got out of prison and he went on speaking tours, especially to colleges, to explain to college athletes how the whole gambling thing works. And one of the major components of its Jack has pointed out is you have a player likes to gamble, not on his own sport, maybe it's poker for instance, gets into serious gambling debt. Only way to pay it off is they make an offer you can't refuse. You gotta shave some points or do something like that, and they tell you, look, you just do it twice in the slatest wipe clean. You do it twice, They've got you even more than they did before. They come to you and say, yeah, we need you to do it a third time. What are you gonna say no, I'm standing on principal. I'm gonna say no, We'll just turn over rock solid evidence that you've shaved points to the league and your career is over. Or you can just intentionally miss a couple of free throws tonight.
Speaker 1: Plus, if you got yourself into that kind of gambling debt, you're probably a gambling addict. So you're continuing to gamble and lose because you mostly lose when you gamble. I've never understood why people don't get that you mostly lose. So if you keep gambling, you are going to lose, and then you'll be in debt again, and then you'll have to miss another handful of free throws. It'll be interesting to see what players what games. People will go back and look at them. Okay, I wondered about that game, you know, two Novembers ago on when they played the Lakers, and you know whatever, Sure he is an eighty four percent free throw shooter, but oh we misses both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be fun to watch. We got a lot more on the way. Hope you can stay here.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, everyone's having fun with the six seven trend.
Speaker 2: That's everywhere right now.
Speaker 3: Even news anchors are starting to get in on the action. Watch this.
Speaker 1: You know, all the kids are doing the six seven six six seven six seven six seven.
Speaker 5: Six seven six seven six seven.
Speaker 1: I still don't understand, and it's over.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was.
Speaker 1: That was more depressing than the actual news. I watch this video yesterday about the end of pop culture or the end of culture maybe in general in the United States. This whole six seven thing would fit into it and shared experiences. We'll have to talk about that later. It's really an interesting thought. Oh okay, yeah, I like it. Here's your headline of the day. How French is this surveillance camera pointed the wrong way? Allowed love heist?
Speaker 2: Go Frands. You remember when you mattered, Oh, you're supposed to have it pointed toward the window.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Hey, I wanted to update this because this story matters much more than the race for Attorney General in Virginia. This Jay Jones, piece of garbage who openly fantasized about murdering the Republicans and their children dying in their arms, and then when he was called on it, he didn't say, Look, I was out of control.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of drinks. I was joking. No, he said, I'm serious.
Speaker 6: You have to cause people physical pain before they changed their policies. This guy is a pro political violence monster. One part of the story that we hadn't really thrown in. I hadn't thrown in just for the length of you know time, you know, the amount of time we're.
Speaker 2: Going to spend on. It is his whole drunk driving conviction story. I didn't know that one. Oh yeah, yeah, this is part of his history.
Speaker 6: He was convicted of reckless driving after being pulled over driving one hundred and sixteen miles per hour in a seventy mile per hour.
Speaker 2: Zone in twenty twenty two. Okay.
Speaker 6: He was ordered to pay a fifteen hundred dollars fine and serve one thousand hours of community service. Now I knew the first part of this. You had the first cot and drove one hundred and twenty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: That is awful.
Speaker 6: Reckless driving. I don't think he was drunk. Oh, okay, anyway, So the New Kent County that's the county General District Court received sign certificates of completion in twenty twenty four attesting the jones that served five hundred of those community service hours for his own political action committee and then five hundred of the other ones for the Virginia chapter of the naacp okay, which is an activist leftist organization at this point, and would be more than happy to sign the paperwork even though he never darken their doorway, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But so the fless driving.
Speaker 6: Cases come under scrutiny after the Richmond Times Dispatch exposed the conviction earlier this month, disrupting the guy's campaign for attorney general. And now a judge has said, hey, we're going to appoint a special prosecutor to look into this, because while this guy was allegedly doing ten hours a week for two different organizations, he was also working full time at his law firm and traveling the state for the Democratic Party doing politics stuff.
Speaker 2: In essence, it was completely phony. He did not do any of.
Speaker 6: His community service. And there's a special prosecutor now appointed. I hope desperately this guy loses.
Speaker 1: That's one of the big problems with the whole community service racket. Anyway, I personally have known people. You don't have to be very connected to anything at all to get out of community service. You got any friend who's like on your side, who's willing to sign your piece of paper that you volunteered over the weekend to feed whatever, and it's.
Speaker 2: Taking care of it. It's a nothing, right, right.
Speaker 6: It's more an intelligence test than a practically demand for time. Yeah, or more appropriately, a test of how connected you are. So maybe tomorrow this is two notes on the same topic. Maybe tomorrow we'll get to a great email questioning our discussion of the great feminization for the other day, and we did it this hour, so I kind of want to do the reply this hour, really good smart email questioning some of the premises that I.
Speaker 2: Want to deal with.
Speaker 6: But on a related note, the Cincinnati police chief who was in charge until very briefly and dealt with that viral downtown brawl video where the gang of black folks we're beating and kicking and just destroying a white couple.
Speaker 1: Particularly that woman. The way she goes down like a sack of hour and starts getting kicked.
Speaker 2: That's just horrible. Oh, it's horrible. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati Police Chief Terry Siege has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into her leadership. A lot of this stems from how she handled the arrests and her now viral rant after the July attack, in which she scolded media for taking the fight out of context.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the context for that? That could possibly make it okay?
Speaker 6: Well, and she was trying to make the argument that at some point during the fight, the white woman threw a punch. Therefore was partly by trying to defend herself was partly to blame for the incredible violence visited upon them, but also at this point, there are multiple male white guys in the police force saying this woman gave minority lieutenants seventy nine percent desirable aside signments. Female lieutenants got eighty nine percent desirable assignments, and males white males got forty four percent preferred assignments, as they call them. She was a DEI affirmative action keep the white man down police chief, and a woman in charge of a police the number. There are plenty of good lady cops out there, plenty of them, and some of them will probably be police chiefs, and they deserve it because they kick ass. But the disproportionate number of fire chiefs and police chiefs, particularly in Bluish areas, because they're women. It's part of the whole feminization of America thing, and they run the department in a very different way than a lot of guys would. Anyway, So she's been placed on leave, the city's investigating her various hijinks.
Speaker 1: So an how our three, we'll get back into this big NBA gambling bus that's going on the FBA arrested thirty one people, including a head coach and a player, among others. This player at least once faked an injury to leave a game as part of his rigging things, probably to try to pay off gambling debts. It's it's quite the scandal. We'll have more of that now or three. If you missed a segment. Gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty