Speaker 1: Hey, what's up man? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Peyton? How's going Miss Forever?
Speaker 1: Uh, Peyton, It's going actually pretty okay.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I know I've been talking a lot on here about being insane, but you know, today today I feel less insane. I don't know what it is. I think it's about.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I kind of got off my procrastination a little bit today. I cleaned my room, I reoriented myself. I fucking I feel like by myself a little bit more today than I have in the past month or so. So that's good. I've I've convinced myself that everything's gonna be okay. I don't need to freak out.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was stuck in a bit of a loop about like I tell me if this is crazy to you, if I'm talking crazy, but like you ever like look at a mirror and you're like, what am I? What is the or like you get you get?
Speaker 4: You ever? Get?
Speaker 5: You ever? Go on?
Speaker 1: You ever go on to like you know, you know that spiral that you can go down of. Like what am I experiencing right now in terms of just like consciousness? Like what the hell am I experiencing right now? As a conscious human being. This is the most fucking psychedelic, insane thing, you know, I don't. You know what's funny is I'm talking to you about it right now, but I don't. I don't in this moment, in this in this moment, I don't feel it, you know what I mean? This past weekend, when I was really fucking depressed and really fucking spiraling, I was like feeling that. And it's a crazy intense thing to really be feeling because because when you're feeling it, right, and then you look around at everyone else who's not feeling it, uh, and you know, like or like you're on Instagram and someone's posting about like, uh, you know, oh check it out the trailer for the news Star Wars whatever, and you're just like, do you understand? Do you have any idea? How does how is everyone not freaking out all the time?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: How does society not How are we as conscious beings not questioning this and letting this completely run our lives at all time? And That's how I felt when I was in it. And now as I'm talking to you, I don't even feel in that right now. I just feel kind of normal. And now I just think at the other end, it's like, no, the guy he's like the guy on this the schizophrenic guy on the street who is arguing about consciousness and saying things are like, you know, talking about like woo woo shit is probably right. But also in a way, you know, the guy who's like, let's get dinner at this restaurant and then go home and watch White Lotus and then I'm gonna and then I gotta go to work tomorrow and whatever, you know, I don't whatever normal whatever normal life looks like. You know, they're both right in some way. I think it's it's terrifying to really feel deep in your own existential questioning. It's to really be like, what the fuck am I? What the fuck is this is? There's a tremendous sadness and fear and uncertainty that is inherent to every human life by nature of the fact that, uh, we die and what what the hell we're experiencing ends and we're never going to actually have answers to all these questions. And it's nobody escapes from that. Whether you're rich or you're poor, or you're born new whatever, you never escape from that. And when you're really in it. It drives you insane that other people are not. Like It's like you're in like a war or something, and the guy next to you is like filing his nails and you're like, what how not seeing all this? Are you insane? Anyway? But I feel actually okay by the way that whole I just want you to know, that whole rant, aside, that whole ranch, aside, that whole rant, is exactly how I have been feeling for the past three days. But in this very moment, I actually feel pretty good. So no, that's good, man.
Speaker 2: And the great thing about that, about the extra trying to say something for that rant, man, is that the best thing you do, man, is really only you can really answer that right, Like I said, like it's a it's a it's a extrace of you looking in the mirroratives you know, not anybody else is gonna know anything else about it. So m but uh no, Man, I'll call to talk to you today about mister Trevor is a man. Ah. I feel unique, right, We all feel unique. Like you said, you feel unique in your own crisis, and my crisis more or less is uh Man, I have a weird thing going on. I'm a thirty two year old male man, and uh, I just feel like, at the end of the day, uh, man, being alone is kind of weird. But I have a special exception. I'm hated on both sides of my family for something that I don't know. I've had a really bad ADHD so I was a kid man, and me being alone, separated with my mother from all my family probably didn't help a lot of that when I was young, and I've met my cousins here later on in my life, twenty years later in my life for me being that and man, I don't really have a lot of people to talk to me being an older child, and like I said, me being with my mom doesn't really help that a lot. Man. I think that's a big case of a unique case of I guess you say Stockholm syndrome. I guess not saying that my mom was abusing me, but me only being with my mother for twenty plus years of my life and not knowing any other family or friends right didn't really help my my my my social anxiety or that of ades, and on top of that ac ades a lot of depressions. So uh, with that, man, I just I hate I hate myself a lot for that because uh, I guess I didn't really find out any other avenues or things that could have could have helped me, right, And it's not to say that I wasn't reaching or trying to go to other people, and eventually I did at some point, right, but uh uh, like you said, man, looking yourself and seeing in that mirror, man is is uh is quite h depth defined. I guess you could say, Uh, I guess to that point, and uh, man, I don't uh, I don't know how to help myself for help any way to get out of that.
Speaker 1: Well, well, lets well listen, listen, listen. I have I actually have tons of questions, uh for you, and I actually genuinely I would love to talk to you about this. I want to just kind of first preface by saying, as you know, I am not a real therapist. I am an insane man in a gecko costume. I'm curious. I actually do want to talk to you about this because I have I have a lot of questions and you seem like a cool guy and I'm down to talk to you. But I want to know have you spoken to a real therapist about this? And if you have what do they say.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I haven't actually spoke a real therapist about this because because man, well I'm low income. I don't have a lot of income and stuff like that to actually go to see therapy and stuff like that. Man. So I've tried to talk to my family, and well, you know, as I told you, man, both, a lot of my family they hate me for something in the past that I cannot explain or don't don't even don't even know myself for what I did. Right, I've had very limited, very I've had very limited contact with my family. So and I guess in the moments that I've had contact with them, they don't want do anything with me or or even accept me.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, well okay, so let me say this is you know, yeah, look, I know it's hard to get I know, I know it can be like fucking expensive and annoying to talk to a real therapist. I do believe that you should. Fuck I think there's ways that you can like go to like a college campus to talk to a therapist for free. This one's kind of controversial, but I do it. It's uh, I use chat GBT as a therapist. A lot of the time. I don't know where that leads. I don't know if they're taking my deepest, darkest personal things and using it to selling it to Amazon. I do not know. That could totally possibly be happening. That's just what I do. But all right, anyway, you know what, look, man, let's let's let's okay. I'm curious about a few things. And again you stuck to real therapists about this. But I guess in the meantime, we can as as as your homie, we can just chit chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What so did your family drop you all at once? Or was this like a gradual thing?
Speaker 2: This is like a gradual thing, I guess from what I told, man, because, uh, you know what's weird, man, because I could just share this, Man, about two years ago, I was having surgery. I was getting my I had some stomach issues and I did have my stomach pumped and I had to have my gallbladder removed. But man, I haven't seen my grandma since then, since like my my high school graduation, right, had I hadn't seen her since?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: She just comes out of the blue and she's like, hey, She's like, you know, I could take you to your surgery. You know, I haven't really been there in your life, right, And uh, it's funny, man, I was coming out, I was coming out of surgery, and she sat there with me, and we sat there for a couple hours. She just wanted to make sure I was okay to recuperate after surgery, and she was like, hey, she was like, I am very sorry about everything that's happened towards you. Right. She was like, I look at you now, and I think we were wrong about judging you as a kid, right, because we didn't know how you would turn out, and you turned out to be an awesome person. It's just that you don't seem as bright because of how we treated you. And I just want to say, on the on the whim of another man, right, It's basically how she put it. And she was like for that, I'm sorry, and she like dropped me off of my house afterwards, right, And uh, I guess, I guess, man, like, like, uh it kind of at the time I was really drugged up. But at the time, man, I could just remember that much. Man, And he didn't shake me to my core until like, I don't know, I guess later that year, right when upon me remembering it. So I don't know, man, Like I don't even know where I was going with that, honestly, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, So so from from what you were telling me earlier, I guess what I understand is that you felt like growing up and like even like into your twenties and shit, you were isolated your mom and so you just kind of had that relationship with your mom and didn't really like have the opportunity, I guess, to go out and have relationships with people outside of that.
Speaker 5: Is that what you were saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, It's this is a total aside, but you like you seem like a confident guy just over the phone. I don't know what it is. Do you feel confident?
Speaker 2: No, man, I mean I mean, if you want to know, man, recently, man I had recently? Man, If I sound confident right now? Man, it's the meds really good. Yeah. I finally got some medication about about two weeks ago. So you know, yeah, so I'm coming in a better place now than I wasn't then. But you know, uh, right now, you know, the man's are kicking in.
Speaker 1: So so all right, so you said you were like kind of like it was just you and your mom for a while, but now you don't talk to any of your family? How how long ago? How many years ago did it stop being just you and your mom and it started being just you?
Speaker 2: Uh? Three years ago? Yeah, it started being in just me?
Speaker 1: What are you do? You live in an apartment alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, okay, yeah I live in an apartment alone.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You don't have to, don't give me your fucking address, but like what state or city?
Speaker 2: Uh? Texas?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool? Cool? And do you work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'll work currently on the work now, I'm on my break.
Speaker 1: This word and I guess your main problem you're telling me is like, is like isolation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's isolation. Man like, it sucks, man Like. Imagine having ADHD man, you know, and being by yourself. You know, Uh, it could be very challenging. You know, things that things that don't excite you bore you. And then that boring, that boringness, that imptiness that I feel is not because I want to feel that way, but it's like the ADHD. And then it just comes with like a very dark depression that the words and there's nothing really to perk me up. Forever bring me out of that, because I don't have anything socially to spark me or something to spark me to kind of bring that. Yeah, there's reading. I could do gaming, right, but after a while, man, you know those those things don't don't help you, like like like socializing good, I guess and the top of all off man. To make it even further, man, like I met my dad when I was when I was twenty four, right. That was because I didn't know him. I didn't know anything about my dad till then. But I met him when I was twenty four, man, And man, it's crazy. When I met him, he was like, hey, man, Uh you know, God happened into my life. Right. He was like, God happened to me man, and and with you. I want to make sure that you know because I do have other brothers. I do have other siblings. Papa was a roma stone just kind of give you a little back background, but he was like, man, I want to come back into your life man and make sure that you're okay. Uh that go well yeah at all?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Number one, he had a lot of troubles that he was dealing with, right. Uh. In the main purpose of what what he was trying to do at the time was trying to take me take him off of child support, right because he still hadn't had the time to pay it. And uh you know, uh, if I had to be honest with you, uh it was like four other four other kids, right, he had to pay child support for. So you know, being that guy and being in Texas your whole life, right, you know, that can very much add up, and he's trying to pay it all back. So uh so his his biggest his biggest progative or his biggest goal. Man was like a man like, let's not let's not. Uh, let's not try to pay this man. You know, I got into your life, you know for about a two months. Man, can you tell your mom to take me up? Child support? Was his biggest thing. Man. I was like, my doggar can't can't ask that. Man. My mom doesn't want to talk to you. So you know, you just you just what you're which you're what you got to do man, And yeah, man, it just it just seems like like I said, the reason why I'm I, uh, I appreciate you man, Like it it's really positive hearing that man from you man saying now I sound like a confident guy. I guess that comes from me being uh uh the job that I've taken.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what's your what's your job?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Right now I'm a security guard uh at a college campus, which is pretty crazy that you uh uh but uh manh yeah, I've been a salesman most of my life. So I guess that's where the talking and the confidence come from.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, So you had a lot of like, uh, I guess these these are would you consider both of those to be people facing jobs?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, very much.
Speaker 4: So okay, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't sound like talking to you. You don't sound like you've been you know, locked in a room for thirty two years. You sound like you know, to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no no, uh like I said, uh, I haven't really gone to many play but like I said, the places that I tend to do, man, I try to be try to be very proud about it, and you know, I try to be positive about things at first, like every know a human being. But man, it's just you know, it does not always turn out like that. I guess.
Speaker 1: So h, I mean, if we can talk about this, so yeah, the whole like I'm I am no psychotherapist, and I don't know anything about all these whatever, but I I like the like ADHD. I I don't know if I formally have ADHD, but I guess I have some whatever the fuck ADHD. Definitely know I have some formal or not. I understand the feelings of ADHD and depression, and I understand everything you were just talking about of like you get bored and you're boredom spirals into like a crazy depression, and you know, all spirals into all the ship. I was just ranting to you about the beginning of the call. I know what that feeling is.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I have thoughts because I personally struggle with that feeling and try to figure out how to fucking attack it. And so you're you feel like completely is it? You feel completely isolated? Y You don't feel like you have any you have like any friends or any family or anyone that you know at all.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Man, if someone will be honest with you, man, just tun this car Man just level which one hundred Man. Sometimes Man, I just I want to die, man, because it's like as a as a thirty year old male man with no friends or no real prerogative man, I'm just trying trying to get it. Man. It just sucks, especially now in the USA. Right, Ris tax.
Speaker 1: What's what's your what's your name again?
Speaker 2: Peyton?
Speaker 1: Peyton? And you live do you live in one of the near one of the near big city Peyton?
Speaker 2: Uh, I used to live in Dallas, but right now, man, I'm currently closer off to Palestine.
Speaker 1: Right Falastine. Okay, do you have any do any hobbies? Do you do you have any hobbies? Do you have any like interests of any kind?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man? Uh uh for uh before I didn't have enough money to do it because I'm uh uh because I'm diabetic. Man, I have to pay a lot for for that out of pocket. But uh, before that happened, Man, I used to be a really big Uh.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: I was trying. I was trying to learn how to code and getting into into to the PC life of things, man, because Uh, basically I've been I've been a tech whiz, a little bit of a tech wiz my whole life. So uh, getting things like I had to do man. Uh, you know the craziest thing I used to have to do man as a kid man to pay for my lunch. Uh, you remember lime Wire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would you download music from lime Wire?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would have a low music from lime Wire and uh, kids where I was, where I used to go to school at uh, they didn't have computers or like the availability to burn CDs. So I would like, uh, every Friday, man, you know, because music would drop or a mixtape wer drop. I would burn CDs uh from my lunch money, man, and try to like spread it out for as much as I can. Because I wasn't a gangster and nothing like that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I couldn't like, you know, join a gang and be like ah, yeah, let me tell drugs or do things like that. Man. I had to find out that happened us to do things. Man. So burning movies and CDs are like my big my biggest thing.
Speaker 1: So let's okay, So let's I want to focus on the isolation stuff. So what what's your day look like? How How many hours a week are you work?
Speaker 2: I'm at work at least twelve hours a.
Speaker 1: Day twelve oh shit, five days a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five days a week, yes, sir, twelve.
Speaker 1: Hours a day, five days a week. Do you talk to anyone at work? Do you have any coworkers that you.
Speaker 2: Like I had, I had a partner, but he recently his mom just recently had a stroke. So it's kind of made me here the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're fucking dude, what do you You're security guard on a college campus and you're doing the whole thing alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I know what. I know how it feels to fucking have no feel like you have no coworkers and no roommates and like it yeah, just fucking being isolated. Yeah it's not I totally, I totally totally understand that that is not a fun way to live. But I, I mean, I just have I have thoughts for you. One is like, well, let's get this out of the way first. One is, again, I've only been talking to you for like twenty minutes, but you seem like a really nice, really confident, good dude. So you know, whether or not, you know, I I hope you see yourself that way. If you don't see yourself that way, know that it is possible for other people to see you that way, because that's just how you're coming off to me. I'm not lying to you. I'm not blown smoke up your ass. You come off to me as a confident, nice guy. And so if you were, I would I don't, I wouldn't. I would be more nervous having this phone call with you if I thought you were a completely insane person that was incapable of making friends, which I don't think you are. That I appreciate that, I would be that would concern me more. This would be a more. This would be a more. This would be a sad call if that's the energy you were giving off. But it's not. I think you're a good uh. You seem like a nice hang. So the other thing is, well, okay, how can we have there be some fork in your day or your road or your routine, right because I assume every day you're pretty much doing the same thing of like, you know, wake up, go to work, get tired.
Speaker 2: You know. Is that to say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the routine, the American dream, I guess, yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like, how within whatever means you have available even if it's like, even if it's not something huge or crazy, but how within whatever means you have whatever money you have, whatever time you have, whatever resources you have. You know, if we really honestly look at whatever resources we have and see if maybe there's something we're not seeing. How within when what you're able to do, can you branch out to something where you are meeting new people, having new life experiences, and getting your brain out of the fog so that your brain goes, oh, you know what, I actually my life does not need to be constant, awful despair. I of course my brain was gonna think that this whole time, because I was giving my brain no evidence to consider fucking otherwise, because I was just in my daily routine, and the result of my daily routine was my brain thinking that, you know, life is gonna be insane and horrible forever. So how do I put a little fork in the fucking road to at least get do the smallest little thing to maybe get get or get no room, or have a conversation, or do something more to give my brain the chance to go, Okay, maybe maybe there's something new here that we didn't even fucking think about. So we just skipped straight to all the most horrible conclusions because we didn't even consider that our life could look any different until hey, look, here's some evidence that maybe it can.
Speaker 2: Uh, Man, if you want to be honest with you, Man, I just recently just got a notification like twenty minutes for you called h I picked up a dating app. I tried to I tried to tried to talk to something. Man. I'm not like really looking for dating because but yeah, I tried to try to pick up some things, man, try to talk to some people.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't really do social media too much because, uh, because you know, man, there's there's so much negative propaganda and and fake news and things like that. Man, So I tried. I tried my best not to try not to be on doom scrolling and things like that. But uh uh yeah, I picked up a dating gap man, and tried to selectively talk to certain people, man, or try to reach out to certain people. Man, try to see what's that man, say you know, hello, how you doing? Oh do you want to chat? You know, and things like that. I mean, that's all I've done recently, distrust to try to maneuver my way out to things, and I I mean not particularly well.
Speaker 1: I guess I will say, by the way, by the way, full full disclaim. By the way, if I could just give a generous disclaimer, not just to you, but to anyone listening to this podcast. If you're depressed and feel like you want to die, I highly recommend not downloading a dating app. Highly highly recommend. I if you walk around I'm I want. Everything I say is from absolute personal experience. I swear on my life to that if you're depressed and want to die, the absolute last thing you need to do is get on Hinge, your Tinder. It is, it is at should be at the bottom of your to do list. Again, I say that from experience, because you know those apps are just designed to make you fucking want to kill yourself.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, man, yeah, I mean, like I said, I just like my first time picking up a dating app, I just I tried it. I didn't do Tender because I've heard, you know, I've seen tender stories and I've read I've read things on I'm rated about Tender.
Speaker 1: But but you know, well, I guess well I will I will say. I know, I just said, uh to not do that, but even but you know what fucking even doing that? If you're like trying to break your loop in in the smallest way possible, downloading a dating apps not a horrible way to break your fucking loop. I mean, there's right, it could send you into a different loop that's you know, makes you feel you know, shitty and depressed. But I don't know, man, Like is there any you talked about wanting to code? And like, I don't know even like I don't know, man, even these days, like getting involved in like an online community like if if if you really don't want to leave your house so you really don't feel like you have the resources to go super far outside of your house, you can even fucking join a coding discord group or something and try to make some online friends. I'm just I guess I'm just trying to.
Speaker 2: Say that I haven't I haven't done anything like that. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm trying. I'm just trying to say, you know, like because look, I just want I'm just saying this. Look I'm not I'm not a real therapist. And I and I I also struggle with like, uh, you know, wanting to die and like feeling inside all the time. And I just these are just things I tell myself, man. The things I just tell myself are like, you know, every day I wake up, I'm just gonna pick. Maybe I'm gonna keep picking. Maybe I'm gonna keep trying new things, and I just I just keep trying to be optimistic and be like, you know, there's so much ship to try before, there's so so much more yeah, ship to try before fully giving up and going you know, Yeah, I'm just destined to be miserable forever. Yeah, this is just what I tell myself. I don't know if it if it is, I don't know. I don't know if it's if it's true. I guess you can decide if it's true. But that's just how I feel. This is a lot to try before resigning to the idea that you're going to be miserable forever. So I'm inclined. I want to join the living. I hope you also feel empowered to join the living. Whatever the fuck that looks like to you, or whatever you think that feels like to you.
Speaker 2: Just on a on a positive note, manage. I just want to put it out there. Man, I'm a I'm one month over.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, trust me, trying new things, like you said, and I'm trying to just not I guess, like you said, like trying not to be in the gutter. Uh. Yeah, I'm I'm Alma made right. So I guess we're we're we're you know, we're trying to we're trying to go in the right direction, right, Yeah, So trust me, man, I'm I'm trying to be right there with you. Man, one little thing at the time. Man, I appreciate So.
Speaker 7: Man, what else but no, Man, No, but it's and then uh, because I've been I've been a long un I saw your interally enough man.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody referred me to you on Instagram. Man, and I've just been watching man and seeing seeing little things man. From from everything you do, Man, it inspires me. Man, Like as I said, that's why I called you. Man. And if if it's if anything to leave on guys like you said, Man, just I guess and just try try new things. Man. That's the best thing I can tell y'all. Man, I appreciate, Man, but I'm gonna go. Man, it's about all right. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Good good good luck, Peyton, Okay, I'm I'm I'm sincerely, I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you man. It describe to this channel, y'all. Please, this is a great channel.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you Payton, Thank you Payton. All Right, have a good one Bye Bye. I like that guy a lot. He was he was really seems like a nice fucking guy. Yeah, he really seems like a nice, fun guy. I just I empathize. I got it. Just I understand a lot of what that ship fucking feels like. I don't know what I've been feeling like. I mean, I was ranting for at the beginning of this phone call. I was feeling kind of like that for the past a little while. Today, in this very moment, I feel good though, which is great. It's cool. When you get out of a hole, you're like, oh, I didn't realize that. I It's like like when you get out of a hole, you're like, oh, I I have not fully lost myself. I am still here. It's like, I don't know. I have this thing whenever I get sick, like I have I get a cold, I'm like, well, this is forever now, this is permanent. Your brain just convinces your brains are crazy. I don't know. Okay, that was That was a lot of real therapy. Well not real. That was a lot of fake real therapy. But I enjoy I enjoyed talking to Peyton. Do I have anything funny to say? I feel like I used to say funny things. Sometimes I have something funny to say? Why do I feel like I should have more funny things to say? But I don't. I don't. I don't really, I didn't have anything funny to say about that. I just felt it too much in my soul.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's inherently funny. I don't know. Maybe I don't need to say anything funny. All right, let's let's just all right, let's just keep going, okay, all right? Hello, Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Thank It's Evan?
Speaker 1: Evan? What's up? Evan? How How can I get you today?
Speaker 5: I'm doing well. I got off of work a few hours ago. I hung out with a friend today. Yeah, I got a couple of things I want to talk about. But I did have a question before we start. Yeah, sure, what what do you think the best way to get on the phone is with you? Do you think it's just calling over and over and over again, or do you think it's like waiting for the voicemail? Or what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think the best way to get on the phone with me is probably just a call.
Speaker 5: Just call over and over again.
Speaker 1: Well, then you just call, you just press the phone. You just type your phone and you maybe you can make it okay call. What were the things you had to talk about?
Speaker 5: Well, so I'm nineteen, I'm gonna be twenty in April. I am an Eagle Scout, So I'm a big I'm a really big into the BSA. I'm a big. I like going there of the summer camp that I worked at as a BUSA camp, and I go there a lot for weekends for like volunteer events, and yeah, I just want to talk about my experience with that, Like the BSA.
Speaker 1: What that what you said the b s A. Oh boy, Scouts of America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, scouting. Yeah it's it's called Scouting BUSA now I think, but it's h Yeah, I just want to talk about I can't at that and just what's going on in my life?
Speaker 1: What's uh? Do you guys don't do cookies?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You do popcorn?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yes, we do popcorn.
Speaker 1: We got caramel corn? Do you have the do do you guys sell the fucking tray where it's got the the butt, the butter popcorn, the cheese, the orange cheese popcorn, the white cheddar popcorn, and the caramel popcorn? Do you guys, do that the tray.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what you mean.
Speaker 1: No, it's all right, it's not a tray. It's oh, it's a bucket. I'm sorry, I don't know. I said a tray. It's a bucket.
Speaker 5: Oh. Yeah, the big the big tin of yeah, the big metal.
Speaker 1: Ten that's why. Yeah, the big metal tin. And it's got a little wighter that's supposed to divide all the different kinds of popcorn. But what I usually end up doing is just mixing them all together so that you get a lot of diverse flavors.
Speaker 5: But that is the way to do it. There's a iten't called the classic trio. It's like caramel corn cheddar and I think white cheddar, and that's the best. I think that's the best combo. And then you put it on the tin and it's it's, oh my gosh, that's the best. That's the best. I can. I love that one so much. I don't sell anymore, obviously because I'm over eighteen. But when I did, it was very I still go around and buy sometimes because I'm I'm a little bit of a fiend for it.
Speaker 1: I will say, all right, so tell me boy scouts, good bad.
Speaker 5: I really like it as growing up. I grew up with the program, so I think I started when I was in second grade, and I absolutely love it. It's it's really fun for me to have somewhere to go. So I I live in Wisconsin, and there's a saying called up north here. It's like I'm going up north for the weekend, and that's like the saying here. But yeah, so I get to go up north to camp in Wisconsin, and I for the weekend activities. It's usually like a volunteer weekend, so we do a lot of like volunteer work. Like it's one weekend I was doing conduit and like bumbing stuff and putting together pipes and all that, and then the next weekend I was doing some carpentry, like cutting wood to the certain measurements that they wanted and doing all that stuff. And the next weekend I was doing some like I think we're poring concrete that weekend, and I learned how to do that, and I actually the head ranger took me on a trip to Iowa this past weekend and I learned how to use the chainsaw. There, slept safely and I got a certain there's a bunch of BSA certifications that you can get it. And I got a certification and i can certifiably use a chainsaw, and I'm very proud of that.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Yeah, well, okay, what's the what's the most which which b s A certification? Are you the most proud of.
Speaker 5: The most proud of part of the chainsaw? That was pretty cool. I really enjoyed doing that. But there's there's just a bunch of experiences that you can get for the b s A. Like there was one time when me and my me and my troop went to Washington, d C. And we spent We just spent like a week out there. It was so much fun. I got to do the whole mall and I got to go see the smoke Smithsonians and everything. It was very cool mm hmm. And then there was another there was another time with my troop where we went to the Boundary waters in like Lake Superior. I really enjoyed that. It's a very Oh my gosh, it's so pretty up there. I love it so much. But yeah, I really like it because it's it's it's good to have some place to go on the weekends other than like you know, partying or like, you know, sitting at home watching tiktoks all weekend. It's not I don't. I don't like doing that on the weekends, you know, just doom scrolling. It's really it's it's a big problem for me. I don't like. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what's your TikTok algorithm looking like? These days?
Speaker 5: It's a lot of cars. I'm a big car guy as well. I see a lot of videos of like, I'm a big on this Honda guy. I really like on the Civics and a lot of people with turbos in them and all that kind of stuff. But I don't know, I just like, probably probably cars is the biggest thing. Yeah. Sorry, I'm kind of nervous because I was not expecting.
Speaker 2: To get on.
Speaker 1: No, don't, don't. What's your name again?
Speaker 5: Evan?
Speaker 1: Evan Evan. Now that you've graduated the Boy Scouts, what is your hopes and dreams for your life?
Speaker 5: Well, so, in the next two years, I want to go on a trip across the country. My goal was to hit every national park within a summer. Cool. I really, I really want to do that. I'm really excited as well because I have the plan all made out. I just made a really bad decision in buying the wrong vehicle because I was I was really excited out of high school to do that, and then I bought the wrong vehicle and I can't take that out across the road because it's not reliable enough to do that. So I got to wait until I pay have some debt to do that. But I'm very I really want to do that. I'm I've got like all the plans made out. I know the days I want to stand at each park, I know my food plan, I know like what I'm going to do on the road for money. I just you know, I just got to do it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah, nice brother. Nice You did you get to travel at all in the boy Scouts? Like, did they take your places and you do stuff? I made that sound kind of weird.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, no, there was one trip where I took. It was a pretty big event. It's called the National Jamboree. It's where every Scout in the nation can go to a place called the Summit, and it's like it's a pretty big event. I think there was fifteen thousand or twenty thousand scouts there last year, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's when you see it in real life. It's a lot of people, I feel like. But yeah, I also I've gotten to go down to Missouri and in twenty seventeen, I went down there to go see the eclipse, the lunar or the solar eclipse, I.
Speaker 2: Think it was.
Speaker 5: That was really fun And I really like how in scouting you it's it's very intercann so like if you want to go to like, say you want to take a trip to Arizona, if you know somebody in Arizona and they like are a part of scouting, you could most likely get a weekend event and like go to Arizona, go to that camp in Arizona and stay there for a weekend, like volunteer and just see Arizona for a weekend. Or if you want to go to like main safe story, you know. But yeah, I also I work as a This is a little sidetrack, but I work as a truck driver as well. That's my like full time job. Anyway that it's not it's not over the road, but I do travel to state a whole lot. I do, Like I go over Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Have you ever almost gotten into an accident and died. I don't know why that was the first question. I don't know why that was the first question that came to my mind, but that's that was the first question that came to my mind. Is if you ever almost gotten into an accident and died.
Speaker 5: I mean I've never gotten into an accident. I mean there's been like close calls here and there, but nothing like nothing really story worthy. But uh yeah, I deliver beer for a living, so very fun. I I liked it a lot because I'll go it's like thirty minutes to my work, and then sometimes we'll go all the way up north through like Superior, Ashland area if you know where that is, but it's all the way up there, and then we go all the way down to you know, like Lacrosse and you probably don't know, but it's it's a big area we cover. And I really liked it because I can. I listened to your podcast a lot. I think I've listened to almost like by half the episodes, which is quite tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been a big fan for a long time. I used to listen to you and you still on Reddit. Man. Yeah, I remember the Redded days. It was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, redd it is, I don't know what they're doing. I mean, I do know what they're doing there there, yeah there, I know what they're doing multiple times a day every day because I'm addicted to looking at Reddit. Every time I look at it. Now it's just like some it's some new Trump Pelon thing, and I'm like, I don't want to put this in front of my face right now. Yeah, you seem like a good a good kid man. You seems like a good kid. You're driving a fucking truck and I'm honestly had no idea that. I don't know why. I thought there was an age limit to driving a truck. I thought you had to be at least forty seven years old. I didn't know that. It kind of spooks me that they let nineteen year olds drive trucks. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not a tractor trailer. It's just a box truck, straight box truck. But it is still a pretty large vehicle. Yeah, Wisconsin laws are weird. There's also there's a Wisconsin law where you can it's a really weird law. You can drink alcohol, like with your parents when you're under twenty one, like at a like restaurant, I think, and it's very it's a very weird los I know my cousin did that a lot with their parents.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I've probably asked you ten times, but my brain is not working today. What's your name again?
Speaker 5: My name is Evan.
Speaker 1: Evan, Evan Evan. Do you have any advice for people?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have any advice for the people? I'm tired I I this show. I have no advice for anyone today. I'm delegating the advice to you. Do you have any advice for people?
Speaker 8: My advice?
Speaker 5: My advice is the Golden rule. Treat others that want to be treated and you will get treated pretty well.
Speaker 1: And where can I buy Where can I buy that popcorn?
Speaker 5: At your local Scout council? So you're in New York, right, yeah? Yeah, So if you just look up like I think it's Northern New York councilors something. I don't know what the council is called, but it's an area that the council like works with or like controls or something, and they it's like a certain part of the city or the state, and they have troops and scouts in certain areas. But you can go to the council usually and buy popcorn from them. You don't have to like go out seeking seeking a child if you don't want to, but I you know, so you can. Yeah. Usually you can go to the council and you can just fill out a form there and the season is like three weeks in the fall. I think it's like October and November or something like that. But did you do any youth programs or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Did I do any youth programs? Oh? I did b w YO when I was a kid.
Speaker 5: What's that? Uh?
Speaker 1: Some Jewish thing where you go to a place and be Jewish. We didn't sell anything. We just went and be Jewish. And there's nothing.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: We just like I would like to take a coffee cup and I would piss in it and then I would bring it into the elevator with me at this hotel that we had a conference at. Stuff like that. You know, nothing, nothing, no, no, no, no. We were just being we were just bored. I once took a glide, so we were like we were in the dining hall and I took a glass cup and I went to the bathroom and I smashed it on the ground. Uh just because it's just because well just because there was I wasn't in a reality. I didn't take it seriously. It wasn't reality to me looking back on it, you know. I mean I was fourteen, and so I wouldn't do that again.
Speaker 5: But real, would you say that you were a pretty rebellious kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yeah, I was fairly rebellious, I would say not uh not in any like. I never like did hardcore drugs or stabbed anyone. But I was you know, I did not enjoy playing by the rules. I guess when I was a wee boy, right.
Speaker 5: Do anything notable or just here and there?
Speaker 1: Nothing that notable? I mean, what about you? What about you were your rebellious kid?
Speaker 5: I kind of was a goodie two shoes now that I'm kind of so. In high school and like middle school, I wasn't super social. I was kind of like kept to myself, and I kind of it was unfortunate, but I kind of treated it high school in middle school like a prison sentence and I was just like, I'm gonna do my time and get out kind of thing because I didn't really like school. But now that I've graduated, I reconnected with a lot of my high school friends and we go to like show and stuff. I know I'm a part of well I'm not. I don't play an instrument, but I'm a photographer for a band in my area, so I take pictures of them sometimes. I have a little film camera I use. I don't have anything. I don't have like a fifteen digital camera that I use. It's like a film camera that I found in my basement, so I use that. But I like, I like to go to their shows a lot. I like a lot of local shows. It's very it's it feels like I'm getting roots into my hometown. I guess I feel like i'm more. I feel like a sense of belonging with when I go to like local shows and local events and stuff like that. But yeah, I really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, go ahead, go ahead, No you serious?
Speaker 1: No, I had nothing I was going to say, okay, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I I.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They go to a lot of shows. It's like a pop punk band, so they do a lot of heavier stuff and like fast paced, and there's a basement show or a basement venue that I go to a lot, and it's it's like it's one of those like nineteenth century basements that's like, you know, five feet tall, like all rock and concrete, and it's like if you pack sixty people in there, it's cramped. As you know. M h, I don't know. I don't know to swearing, but anyway, yeah, no, it's it's a lot of fun though it's just like pushing and shoving your friends. But yeah, I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Eavan.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, sir. I kind of consider my stuff a very versatile person in that sense, like like I'm an eagle scout and I go do volunteer work and then I go, you know, take pictures for a local band that I'm a part of, and I I'm a truck driver, and I just I feel like those kinds that things are kind of I don't know that, I feel like they're kind of contradictory in my eyes. You know, I feel like you would expect the truck driver to go to local shows, and someone that goes to local shows and is like a punk rocker to go like to volunteer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, Evan. You said you're only nineteen, but you're like living a full life. You're only nineteen. But you're living like a forty seven year old's life. You drive a truck, you volunteer, you're you're a good Christian whatever, whether I don't even know if you're religious, but you're a good Christian. No, no, no, I think you're I think you're doing quite well. Evan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't change the thing.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Uh.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on mean one six?
Speaker 1: Oh god, what have we got? What's going on? What's happening?
Speaker 5: There was hold on? So I was asking a chat a lot, trying to find ask me the jest was this, I don't want to say that finger minusly shout out to finger Ministley because he really like he helped me, he gave me. He like answered my question on how to I asked a lot how to get in and like what other people have done, and he was like answering my questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out, shout up, shout up, shut out, shout out finger finger guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Well take care of him, good luck, keep doing, keep living a good life. You're you're an inspiration to You're an inspiration doing all these fucking things. At nineteen. When I was nineteen, I was running around in circles trying to make myself dizzy to get high. That's not true, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: H good luck, I mean all right, thank you, have a good night.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, my name is But if for some reason I ended up getting connected with Gecko, can I just remain pnominous?
Speaker 1: You are connected with the Gecko?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, hi, get go. I guess I guess I can't remain hidden.
Speaker 1: You can? We can. We can get rid of that name and just call you Donnie, and that's what we're gonna do. So Donnie, Okay, what's up, Donnie? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How are you get go?
Speaker 1: I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. I don't know what it is. I don't know what's in the air, but today is actually a good day. So hopefully we can string a few of those, a few more of those together, and we'll really get somewhere. Yeah, well, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Well, Well, it's funny because I was hoping you would kind of go live tonight because I'm just looking for some advice about potentially moving abroad to Europe. I'm currently living in the US and I have this opportunity to move to France for a year, and I'm a little bit hesitant. So this is what I'm calling about.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's making you hesitant?
Speaker 3: The thing that's making me hesitant is that I'm worried about what I'm gonna do once I get to France. Right now, i'm going over there. Potentially I need to pay for my university, but once I pay for this semester, I'll go out there and study French for about a year. But after that, I'm not really sure what's going to happen. And just to give a little bit more context, my boyfriend currently lives in France. So a big part of the reason why I would be moving out there is because I want to be with him too, and at the same time, I just kind of want to do something adventurous for myself. But there's just a little bit of hesitation because it's such a big move and I would have to sell everything back home and it's just stuff. But I think it would be worth it. I don't know, it's a big thing. So I honestly didn't think you would answer. So I don't know really what else to say.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm twenty five.
Speaker 1: You have you ever been outside of the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I went to France last year for about a month, and I loved it. It was my first time to Europe, and going to France for the first time was it was surreal. I got to do a lot of the things that I never really thought I would ever do, like going to the Catacombs was amazing, and Saints Eiffel Tower was incredible, and going to Normandy and going to like the D Day Museum and everything was really fascinating because I really like history. So I got to go to France for about about a month, but that's the longest that I've been there.
Speaker 1: And where do you live currently?
Speaker 3: I live in Arkansas currently, okay?
Speaker 1: And do you have like a can like what's going on in Arkansas? Do you have a lot of like friends and family there or a job there? Like do you have like significant reasons why you want to stay in Arkansas?
Speaker 3: Yeah, those reasons would be what you just listed, my friends and my family and my job here. I'm really close with my family, like my sisters and my brothers, and I've kind of got family all over the place, and then I have a pretty good I have a pretty good job back home, so there there would be a lot kind of keeping me here. You know, my family knows that I'm thinking about making this move and they all really would hate to see me go. But at the same time, they're you know, a little bit supportive but questionable of the ideas because it's kind of spur of the not spur of the moment, but it's kind of it's a huge decision, so they're just kind of like telling me to really think about what I'm doing here. So to answer your question.
Speaker 1: I've got do you do you have a Do you have a lease right now in Arkansas? Are you living with your parents?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I have an apartment and I'm month to month right now.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what and.
Speaker 1: What you would be going there for like a year to live in France or this is like a I am moving to France.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a year for now for my student visa, and then I wanted to try it out for a year and then after that, uh, if like once I really know what I'm getting myself into seeing how I like it, then probably would end up moving there. But I just I guess the only thing I'm worried about is making sure I become somebody there as in having a career. Maybe that's my biggest story.
Speaker 1: I'm team go there for a year. Yeah, because look, this isn't like nothing. Nothing you've said to me so far has been like particularly stupid. I mean, yeah, why not just go there for a year and have a little adventure, right, and then come back and I mean, you know, and then if you want to come back, you can come back, but you'll never forget the year that you spent in France. I try to do things where it's like, okay, I'll never forget doing that, you know. So I mean I think going for a year is not a bad move.
Speaker 3: Okay. I like your advice about doing things that I would never forget, because you know, I was leaning on the side of like I knew I'm going to do this. I just don't know what I'm waiting on. I think the thought of it being such a big move is kind of like scaring.
Speaker 1: Me and sometimes things, but it's what I don't understand is why is this such a big move because I mean, look, you're gonna you leave your apartment and sell a bunch of shit whatever. I don't know, is there a housing crisis in Arkansas where you can't just come back after a year and get another apartment near your family? Like what exactly makes this such a big decision?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm just thinking to I think, maybe I'm thinking too deeply into it, like the what ifs of God forbid, I don't end up liking it there, Like Okay, I need a plan b if I come back and like what am I going to come back to? Like do I sell my car or do I make sure I have a car to come back to you? Or you know, like the stuff that I've had over the years. It's just stuff, but like what do I sell? What do I keep? And the preparation of going over there. It kind of seems like, look.
Speaker 1: Look here's the thing. All these these these are all like little things, you know, like do you sell your car? Do you like what? It's all kind of figure outable stuff, I think. So, I mean, like, man, if I were you, it's like if do you if you want adventure, then go out and have yourself an adventure. Now's the time, Now's the better time to do it right, because you're not married, you don't have kids, you don't have a mortgage, you don't have like anything crazy crazy crazy tying you down anywhere. So I you know, go for a year, go go for a couple of months, and if you hate it, then go back home and live with your parents in Arkansas while you find a new place like this. It's a very reversible decision. Should you decide that you don't like it anymore, but you should. I think it's worth a shot, you know. That's how I feel, especially if forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm not from here. I moved here in my teenage years, so I'm not even from Arkansas. But I was definitely leaning towards like you know what might as well, like what's the worst, It's only a year, Like what an incredible opportunity. And honestly, I knew I wanted to do it, and I do want to do it, and I just wanted to call to you.
Speaker 1: Know, validate a high experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, maybe maybe I was just looking for a little bit of validation because I've been getting a lot of people like questioning my decisions and you know, I'm I'm feel sure of myself, but it's nice to have other people like be like, yeah, go for it, and so thank you gut Go. I I appreciate your advice, and you know, the making things in wanting to make a memory out of that's something that I'll remember.
Speaker 1: Uh, Donnie, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to say, don't hesitate and don't let the what if stop you from doing something adventurous.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, Donny.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Have a good night. Gecko.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Good, So Hayden the GK Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the GAK Man. How are you?
Speaker 2: Hayden?
Speaker 5: Has life awesome?
Speaker 8: Great to hear. Yeah, it's been It's been all right the last couple of months. Uh, just has had a colnhosk be done today and just sitting here watching the Self Park.
Speaker 1: Movie which one Bigger, Longer und cut? Yeah, sir, Oh that one's a classic. I love that movie. I used to watch it with fucking director's commentary when they re released it on Blu ray.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm just watching the DVD. But yeah, just uh just finished a thirty six hours fast because and I'm celebrating tonight.
Speaker 1: Oooh okay, what are we getting into after this thirty six hour fast?
Speaker 4: What are we? Uh?
Speaker 1: What are we gonna destroy our body with? Please?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I got a couple of pizzas going and uh, I don't want to go too crazy because it started the gym a couple weeks ago. You know, I don't want to get too crazy.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's awesome living life.
Speaker 8: Miss food, last day and a half miss food.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fasting is good though, because I when you get into a routine where you're just like eating like a piece of shit every fucking day, you know you gotta sometimes you gotta remind yourself. You gotta reset your brain to be like, oh, actually, food is meant to be enjoyed despairingly and not. Uh you're not supposed to eat fucking five hundred grams of sugar every day or anything like that. You gotta reset your brain and then you enjoy food more. It's good. It's a good thing to fast. I'm doing a little fast now. That's how I was losing weight as I was doing like a twice a week, six hundred calorie only fast and it was working pretty well, and then I got fucking crazy and I stopped doing it. But now we're back on the horn. So you and me were just a couple of fucking.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: We're just a couple of boys.
Speaker 2: On our.
Speaker 1: On our on our skinny game.
Speaker 8: Uh that's right. I'm trying, Hayden.
Speaker 1: What uh what can I do for you today? What'd you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: All right? Just?
Speaker 8: Uh, first time calling in? Just uh? Yeah, I recently moved out of my parents' house and uh, honestly it's been fabulous.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long were you in there for?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I did two months. Uh next week I'll be here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So uh in two months you will be.
Speaker 8: Oh say no, sorry, I've been with a parent. I'm twenty four, so I've been with my parents my whole life and I just got out for two months.
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice? Okay, And what what was it that made you finally be like I'm getting out of there.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I love my family, but I just needed to get away from.
Speaker 1: Them totally totally. And what are you buy yourself? Are you with roommates?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm just by myself at the moment. I got a it's it's like my grandparents' house, but they're not doing very well, so like I'm kind of like taking over the payments for the time being until they didn't want to decide what they want to do. So kind of like sucks, but you know, still happy with the situation.
Speaker 1: Are you in your grandparents' house right now?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are your grandparents there?
Speaker 8: I know they are. One's my mom's taking care of my grandma and my grandpapa is he has a dementia, so he's at the like a retirement home in the take care of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can still you know, you still have your own space.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, which is it sucks, you know, like not the best circumstances for this, but you know, take what I can get if however long it lasts.
Speaker 1: You know whatever, nice have you have you done? An what like, what if now that you're now that you're on your own, you're having girls over, you're having parties? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Funny thing about that. The second day I move in, I got broken up with Oh no, it kind of been a weird couple of months, really weird couple of months.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 8: I don't know, just uh, I don't think we just we've been dating for six and a half years, so I think I don't know, it was just kind of time and like it was a high school relationship, so it's you always still miss there a lot, but you know, I think it was for the best, you know, It's just kind of bad timing, unfortunately, Like I was at excited about moving and the second day I get here, Hey, we need to talk. So yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Are you you're calling me from Canada?
Speaker 8: It seems yes, sir?
Speaker 1: What part of Canada.
Speaker 8: Windsor, Ontario, like a right across from Detroit?
Speaker 1: And what's going on in uh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, I think I've I've been like near the border of Windsor what's going on in Windsor? It's is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it a shithole? Or is it fun?
Speaker 8: That's sorry? I mean a lot of manufacturing jobs and what was that?
Speaker 5: Hellope?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, my alarm went off with my pizza?
Speaker 5: Sorry, but that you there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, sorry, my alarm just went off from a pizza over that.
Speaker 1: You have a pizza alarm? Yeah, like like no.
Speaker 8: It's yeah, cook in the oven?
Speaker 1: Like okay, okay, I thought it was. I thought it was like a birth control pill alarm, where it just tells you that.
Speaker 5: Pizza, yeah, pizza, yeah, yeah, one just good.
Speaker 8: I don't we're getting like a lot of people around here are getting a little scared of all these pariffs news and it's kind of scaring a lot of us. But you know, we're getting through it all, okay, because we do a lot of the car part manufacturing and not a lot of people around here agon kind of get kind of scared. But yeah, we're keeping through, keeping through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the I know that Trump is doing a bunch of crazy stuff. How's how's it being received over in Canada.
Speaker 8: At Honestly, a lot of the people who were conservatives like a couple of years ago are not conservative now. So that that's even with the hardcore ones, that's kind of crazy to me, Like all the guys that were super all into that stuff not into it anymore.
Speaker 1: Interesting. It's funny because I guess it's like the past. However, many years I was always like, what's it gonna fucking like take? You know, I guess I guess what it took was a giant stock market crash.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, it's still scary over here too, I'm hearing more and more so because honestly, we don't really hear a lot of American news at least like we're I know, we're like right across the border, but I don't hear a lot of the America can news. So I haven't really heard much about what's going on over there either.
Speaker 1: M h m hmm. All right, So you're twenty four, you're out on your own, and what do you do? Do you work in manufacturing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, how how's how are things at the plant? Do you go to a plant? Do you live like Homer?
Speaker 8: Seeah, it's kind like a small like small yeah, kind kind of like a small shop type of thing. But yeah, they're keep it is busy for the time being. But you know, like as the weeks go by, like more and more like our jobs are getting like canceled because they don't want to like yeah, I don't know, I don't know all the details of it, but you have more and more jobs are getting canceled. It's getting scarier and scarier, but you know they're keeping us on. I don't care whatever. M yeah, I just despite that. I just trying to sorry, go ahead, No, god, no again.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 8: No, I was just gonna say, yeah, just trying to stay positive with everything. It's like it's you know, it's let's been good despite everything, and you know, I still miss my ex, but you know, getting.
Speaker 2: Through it all right.
Speaker 1: Have you been going on any dates? Are you on Canadian hinge?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: It's just not ready for that yet. It's been I think two months next week. I don't just not really feeling that yet. Just still getting over everything and starting to go to therapy and starting to do more things that you know, make me feel good about myself and trying to be a better person.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: Give a lot of friends in windsor do you have like a community and whatnot.
Speaker 8: I have a couple of friends, but you know it's I lost a couple over high school. Like but yeah, I got two or three Semichels friends. I don't think I have any like close friends at the moment.
Speaker 4: But what's your.
Speaker 1: What's your dream in life?
Speaker 8: I don't know, just try and shrug through and be able to afford some good stuff later in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of good stuff?
Speaker 8: I don't I would want to go in some trips long term, Like I know, I just heard someone was talking about going to France and I would like to check out France someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, France is uh well, you guys, don't you live near You could go to Mini France. You could go to Montreal.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah that's true. Yeah that's still about what eight nine hours away. Yeah, I thought about it, just taking a little trip. And yes, I don't know, I've just kind of been I'm happy, but you know, still down about the whole situation. But yeah, and maybe next during the summer, I was thinking about just trying to do something fun for myself, go alone somewhere for a couple of days and try and enjoy some life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that, enjoy some life. I mean, Canada has a lot of places where you can go into the woods and never come back out or be you know, fight a bear, fight a bear. Yeah you been out. Have you spent a lot of time in that? In that Canadian wilderness?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have to BC a couple of times. It's beautiful there.
Speaker 5: I love it up there.
Speaker 4: Mhm mhmm.
Speaker 1: Well let's see here. What's your name again, Hayden, Hayden, Hayden. Before we go, is there anything that I can do for you to make this phone call experience better on your end.
Speaker 8: No, I'm just loving your show. I'm watching it since the was it the high Mind episode you guys did with the Hive Mind guys a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you liked that, because if you it's funny, if you go on Reddit, or if you go on on that video, it is consistently ranked as the worst hive Mind episode of all time.
Speaker 8: Really, yeah, I thought I thought you about an interesting dynamic to them.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I was rewatching it and I was like, I was rewatching it and I was like, I don't get what people are so mad about. I watched one part and I was like, all right, maybe a couple of parts I was being kind of a dick, It's true, But the rest of it I was fine.
Speaker 8: But anyway, no, I am sorry, sorry, what part do you think you're going to dick?
Speaker 2: Abough?
Speaker 8: I thought I thought it was entertainment.
Speaker 1: I was, thank you, thank you, thank you. As look as long as as long as at least one person found that video mildly entertaining, then that's all I care about. But well, you know, Hayden, thank you very much, for calling man. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 8: I'm just trying to stay positive and any issues you got go to therapy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, take care of Hayden. I gotta get up to Canada sometime. Hello everybody, this is Lyle uh Gecko guy. I am here at the end of this episode because I wanted to introduce a little preview of a thing. Okay, basically, about a year ago, I went on a trip to Thailand and I did get interviews on the street with people there. I made a friend on Instagram named Ice, and he helped me translate interviews with Thai folks because I do not speak Thai. And I don't know why I went on this trip like a year ago, but I sat on the footage for a full year. I don't know why, but I'm releasing the footage today and if you go on my YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Lyle Forever, you can see the irl interviews that I did on the streets of Thailand. And I decided I'm gonna end this episode with a little preview interview that I did with this guy who was working at a barbecue restaurant nearby wherever we were filming, and he came over and he did an interview with us. Now, this little preview, a lot of it is in Taie, which I understand for a podcast is maybe not optimal, but it's in Tie, but I have somebody who translates it, and so whatever. I think it's kind of cool. I think it's kind of cool. You'll understand it. You will be able to understand this interview as much as I was able to understand this interview while I was doing it, which I think is cool. I think it's cool to I don't know, get to talk to people who speak languages that I do not speak. But if you want to go listen to the full thing, I actually have subtitles on it to translate the Tie to the English, so that you're not just listening back to the translations that my friend Ice does. But yeah, I'll play this little snippet, and if you like it and you want to watch the whole thing with the subtitles and everything, you can go to YouTube dot com slash lyle forever, or find a link in the episode description. All right, let's hear the interview. What's your name cheer leap.
Speaker 4: We we have we we yes.
Speaker 1: We nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: We meet you hub.
Speaker 1: What are you doing out on the town today?
Speaker 4: He's working right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you like your job?
Speaker 4: Sho, he'd me. But he's like it. He's like it's easy going, is just going on easy. It's just come easy to him.
Speaker 1: And uh, you you work at a where where do you work?
Speaker 4: He worked here? I have BBQ here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you work at this Barbieview restaurant? How are the customers here? They are they nice and polity? Do you ever run into people who are like kind of rude?
Speaker 4: Look? Look how t Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Remember guy.
Speaker 4: He ran in him into some problems some costumer. But he said, like they're just being picky and shoot what they want and not doesn't go easy with what they have.
Speaker 1: Okay, So people who are like picky eaters and like just like making things.
Speaker 4: Difficult, little man. Look, god, I'm high Lambard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Many sometime consumer come to the barbecue, Yes, and they want like a chicken sauce, some type certain type of chicken thought at a Bobby Cue restaurant? Yeah, some stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And are you like when you run into conflict when people are like, you know, kind of tight or demanding. Are you are you good at dealing with that? Are you are you good at kind of keeping your cool or do you are you able to keep cool under the pressure?
Speaker 4: Well a banha, Well I tell you, p lucic WebP li He said, it's cool. I'm used to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool man? Cool?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What do you like to do outside of work?
Speaker 4: But he like to.
Speaker 6: Don't he?
Speaker 4: Okay, he's just like just towering around, Like he's just like to towel around in Bangkok and stuff when he is not working.
Speaker 1: Okay, he just likes to travel around. Yes, uh do you do? You have a lot of friends and stuff?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you what do you like to go out and do with your friends?
Speaker 4: Top half of man? Well like.
Speaker 6: Them hanging.
Speaker 4: You just go to some mall and maybe takes with them something like that?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 1: What's what's your dream in life? What do you what do you want at a life? Ultimately? What do you what do you hope to to do with with your time alive on the earth?
Speaker 4: Nice? Shot com here we have teabap like fun d o t Actually he literally liked to drive a car like a wan. He really love a wan.
Speaker 1: A wan like.
Speaker 4: A long can. What do you call it?
Speaker 1: Long car? A van?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When do you want to drive a van? A van?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: From your he.
Speaker 4: He liked to be in a car. He just like to drive or live in the high event.
Speaker 1: Oh, you want to live in you want to do the van life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wants to do that.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 1: You want to live in a van and drive all right like that?
Speaker 2: Yea?
Speaker 1: And drive all the way around? Do you want do you want to like travel in it, like drive all around the country and ship yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, putty yeah, cap board traveling and working. I think he want to do everything.
Speaker 1: Nice man? Yes, how's how's your dating life going?
Speaker 4: She eat? He's singer right now?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: Ladies?
Speaker 1: Are you are you? Are you going out on on dates?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to find a wife of some kind? He says, he's talking to a girl and he been talking for like two years, but he haven't met her yet.
Speaker 1: Well, he hasn't met her yet. No, No, where did you? Where did you meet her online?
Speaker 4: Martin? Or live about online? Online? She is at home right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you so he met her on the internet, but they haven't met in real life yet? Yes, how come you guys haven't met in real life yet? She might not live here?
Speaker 4: Tell my her? How about your guy? You back? She lives like Lily far away?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you hope to meet her one day?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Someone help me up? And he wants to meet her, but he doesn't know if she wants to meet him.
Speaker 1: Are you have you ever? Are you afraid? Do you know the catfishes?
Speaker 4: There's no better highlight about. Don't go on. He is he's not afraid of being He's.
Speaker 1: Not afraid of being catfish. That's cool, that's cool. Hm hmm, well, uh do you have any questions?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He said in English?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: In your free time? What do you You already asked that, right? Yeah, no question, man, Let me think, let me think. Oh crap, I thought there was some I thought there was a cap trying to.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 1: Let me say, oh uh, what's what's your favorite part of working at this barbecue restaurant?
Speaker 4: Chops? He stood, So.
Speaker 1: Serve the food you like, to serve the food.
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 4: High, it's comfortable. He could work alone, doesn't have to mess with anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll ask all right, let me ask you this, just back on the on the other subject. Do you do you believe in true love?
Speaker 4: Charley and would die die here he's somewhat believe in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here you Okay, I believe I believe in it too, and I believe you will find true love.
Speaker 4: Handy, I'm meeting.
Speaker 6: A recording.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's just like to hang around. He doesn't seek any girls or anything like that. He's just like leave there by day, just hang around.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're you're you're chilling. You're like a zen dude.
Speaker 4: But what can I show you? But you show me and me and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah like that that's cool. How do I I final final question the people watching this who want to adapt a chill zen mindset such as the one that you have. What would you what would you say to them? What would your advice be to the people?
Speaker 4: P Yeah you.
Speaker 6: Me ma, and I'm like you, I got you.
Speaker 4: Let he said that. Uh, you guys shouldn't give a fuck, like just do whatever you want and whatever people do to you, just let it go.
Speaker 9: Like just be she yeah, hello talking.
Speaker 4: Whatever people do to you, just let it go.
Speaker 1: Just be nice man. Nice?
Speaker 6: What is uh?
Speaker 1: What what is what's what's the tie word for? To not give a fuck?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 4: How did he say that?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: Pizza, little harm huming and teach about my th dial t and pizza. But hell, look me, I have become the Yeah if it's not really like the true meaning of it. But the w he said was like northy entire okay something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometime people just do bad thing to him and he just like let it go. That's what you do, nice man?
Speaker 1: Well, is there anything else you I say to the people the computer before we get about mahattan.
Speaker 9: About one idea? Die?
Speaker 4: Whatever people do to you, don't give a funk. If you do, then it's my get into the homeless. Then just don't do it.
Speaker 1: What's what's your name? One more time? B V, nice to meet you. Thank you very much for taking time out of work to talk to us. Man. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Uh lile forever a man that you want your sure for sure? YouTube?
Speaker 1: Do you watch a lot of Do you watch a lot of YouTube?
Speaker 6: Show?
Speaker 4: Do YouTube? YouTube? And TikTok?
Speaker 1: Who do you watch on YouTube?
Speaker 4: Shove Hi have YouTube?
Speaker 6: Book SBD young the keep the Low.
Speaker 4: You just like to watch comedic stuff and sometime YouTuber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, maybe I'll maybe I'll start translating my videos into tie so I can reach a new audience.
Speaker 4: By the radio. And I have a me pee wee man. Yeah sweet.
Speaker 1: Also thanks man. You know that guy he reminded me of something. Actually, people will ask me sometimes like what I've learned from like talking to so many people both like doing this and on the computer, and I I think I realized, like the answer to that is one of the things I've learned from talking about people is that I really do think that, uh, like a lot of life is like a matter of perspective, you know what I mean. Like what that guy was saying about how he's like, you know, look man, like people people are always giving me shit, but it doesn't matter because I'm keeping a chill head. I'm happy, I'm chilling out like he seemed. He just seemed like he was chilling you know, and you can just see it on his face. He just was a chill guy, Like he just had a good zen perspective. And I think, you know, from talking to a bunch of people, like there'll be people on the phone who, like, you know, they call in to talk about something like terrible but they're just so chill about it, you know, or like, And then the opposite people who like are like freaking out, freaking out about something like inconsequential and it really is like a matter of a matter of perspective.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, if like whatever you thinking your head, it's oh wait, onna have I'm influend on you for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey it's me again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you liked that, If you enjoyed that and you want to watch the full video again, it'll have subtitles for the tie. You can go to YouTube dot com slash lyle forever or find the link to this video in the episode description. Okay, thank you for listening to my podcast. I will be back again soon and get bless you for ten thousand years.
Speaker 2: It goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. Everythink goes down his eye.
Speaker 4: Who's teaching you to how over your life? But he's not really an expert.