Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition of Hooters Files for bank ZiT see. Yes, terrible news for people who still go there. Yes, it is Tuesday, April first, and there will be no foolery here, but we will talk about the foolery that is going on. My name is Miles Great. I'm joined by my co host Jackie Sneil. Hello, Jackies.
Speaker 2: How Art thou sir, oh thou Art fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know his beautiful day here in sunny Los Angeles, California. A.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cold, and I'm feeling good. Col I haven't been on study yet.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: Disassuming. I mean, it's a it's a like a eighty percent chance what you're saying, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just wanted to make some people jealous.
Speaker 1: Any have you seen any stupid like April Fool's ship. I've actually avoided social media. I think I've avoided any seeing any of the dumb. Yeah. I think we're just living everything.
Speaker 2: One thing and I can't even remember what it was.
Speaker 3: I was like looking at it and I was like huh, and then I was like, oh, it's fucking April Fools.
Speaker 1: I feel like we just don't have the energy anymore for that. Yeah, and shit, everything's so fucking fake. Oh did you have you ever fallen for like a fake ass movie trailer on YouTube? Where you think a trailer for a movie that's about to come out drop and it's like from another account and you look at it and it's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Is not recently, probably like when they first started doing it, but yeah, not recently.
Speaker 1: There are these channels that upload all these fake ass AI trailers, and the movie industry apparently has like clapped back in YouTube demonetized all of them, and people are like, okay, it is this is my heart. No, you're typing shit into a fucking text bucket. I know, I know.
Speaker 3: See the movies though, I will say I just saw a movie that it was very fun, Death of a Unicorn.
Speaker 2: Did have you seen that?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I heard about those good it's fun.
Speaker 2: It was fun. It was crazy as fuck, but it was a fun.
Speaker 3: Movie, especially if you want to get a little high or indulge or whatever, or if you want to go in stone cold sober.
Speaker 1: Either one movie, okay, viewers choice. All right, let's tell everybody what's trending up. First, little update with our boy Luigi Mangoni. So the Attorney General, Pam Bondi has ordered the Department of Justice prosecutors to seek the death penalty against Luigi Mangioni again over the alleged assassination of Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. But again this is as she said. She's like, this was a father to two young children. She says, after careful consideration, I have directed the federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty in this case. Is we carry our President Trump's agenda to stop violent crime and make America safe again.
Speaker 3: You should not get the death penalty for murdering one person. Either everybody gets a death penalty for murdering somebody or nobody.
Speaker 2: There has to be levels to this, right.
Speaker 1: It's all or not everybody's getting it.
Speaker 2: Because like there's mass murder that like we're kicking it.
Speaker 3: That are kicking it, bro, and they may be in jail, but they kicking it or fucking know what's the white kids named Kyle Rittenhouse who is walking free making appearances at the White House right coffee? Yeah, and like nobody suggested he get the death penalty for killing people. And and look, I get it was a different circumstance. As far as the actual event of what happened, one was pulling and broad daily yeah versus well, they both pulled up on people with the intent to hurt, but still like get the fuck out of here, like.
Speaker 1: This is again, I mean, they know they are trying like everything. There's a guy who they're trying to give him twenty years for. I think like some I think as a dude who like firebombed Tesla thing, like they're they're the dj is trying to go hard on this person too, because again they want to dissuade discourage anyone from doing anything. But again, obviously the thing with the violent crime thing, make America safe again.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what was this massive massive.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Make America make you slaves again? Yeah, make African slaves again.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ that I'm We're not. I'm honestly this sounds you think it's a joke. You know, we're just seeing some shit like no, but like seeing that hat kind of whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy too because this is like in the past. You know, since Obama took office in eight or nine, when he got elected in Oa, took office in nine, we've had different iterations of the Republican Extremist Party.
Speaker 2: You know, the Tea Party was you know, going at.
Speaker 3: It for a little bit, or some other ones too, but like MEGA has been like you know, almost a decade now, and.
Speaker 1: Well it's always the same thing. They just they got a brand different.
Speaker 2: They just rebrand, but they just rebrand.
Speaker 3: But like this is the one that is stuck as far and they have a symbol and he made it to the fucking White House and like this ship is like they you don't think they want to go back to certain things they are telling you every day and are trying to.
Speaker 1: Shout out to black people for being unbothered though you know, there's so much, there's so much rage baiting shit trying to infuriate black people and.
Speaker 2: Collective, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I don't like you acting like we're not used to this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, we told y'all told Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm just gonna stay over here. But also what is interesting too, the Luigi Mangoni has basically inspired a new health care ballot initiative called the Luigi Mangioni Act. It's not about murking people in broad daylight, but it basically it's a pretty interesting piece of legislation. It would prevent health insurance companies from denying medical care to patients by making it illegal for anyone other than a licensed physician to deny, delay, or modify medical procedures or medications. The cynical side is they're just going to find a bunch of fucking unscrupulous, immoral physicians to probably do the insurance company's biddings if that were the case. But however, I think that should just generally be this state of how people are taking care of you know what I mean, Like they are the ones who basically make those shots. But seeing how the like the health insurance companies have captured entire hospital systems and basically have them do their bidding. It's stuff, but hey, at least a law could do something. Obviously, all the interest group that represents all the healthcare the insurance providers have said, quote the lawyer behind this measure is trying to use a murder and active terrorism to market his political agenda. It is a repugnant action by anyone, but especially someone who sworn to uphold the constitution and law. Y'all. This is like everything that does not acknowledge the barbarism of the United States healthcare system is an absolute disservice about talking about this, So nice, try we'll see if you are living in California, though, they are looking to gather more than five hundred and forty six thousand signatures to get it on the ballot. So hey, sounds good to you.
Speaker 2: I'm maybe signing four hundred times.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sign up five hundred and forty six thousand times. Then, yeah, it's that easy.
Speaker 2: I got, I got them.
Speaker 3: I can think of them any names, yeah, like less than ten seconds between breaks. How many names do you think you can come up with?
Speaker 2: NonStop?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, this is a crazy question. This is a crazy question.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like and I get the longest is ten seconds.
Speaker 2: And ten seconds to think ten seconds.
Speaker 1: To oh shit, bro, I could go all day, all day. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Last name names yeah, last names too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Because I'll just start going through old baseball cards, old basketball cards from memory.
Speaker 2: And then all putting names together and like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then think of my friends, like I got, I got a decent list. I can go through first and then start freestyling, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Five seconds then five seconds.
Speaker 1: I think three is the better challenge. That would a better challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeh yeah, that's quick one, two, three, that's like that.
Speaker 1: Lacy should be doing something like this, like a scammer challenge. How many fucking aliases can you get with maybe like two seconds in between when they go, my name is Lacy Moseley. No, it is Miles Great, No, it is John ceene it. No, it's Lloyd fot No, it's uh Matt Geiger. Fuck And then it starts wobbling. I don't know, uh huh, all.
Speaker 2: Right, how many could you just scam? Godess season two come into Hulu or free Form?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we gave them their first episode scammer challenge.
Speaker 1: How many could you come up with?
Speaker 3: Realistically? I think I could probably come up with eleven thousand?
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, I mean, look, you're dude, Brian the editor is putting the dumbest for you. But Mungbert quaffed.
Speaker 3: Jamamma, mamma. Wish also caveat that, like if a black mom wouldn't name you this, then it's not a name right exactly, and that makes it wide because we you know, we be having names.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, man, come quat Jones.
Speaker 1: Come quat Jones. Uh, speaking of weird shit, I'm just like Kanye West is still supremely disturbed and ill, but I'm just more DJ Academics needs to fucking be shot into outer space. Uh and be banished from this earth because he's platforming this fucking interview. Did Kanyie is in a fucking KKK costume? How stupid do you look trying to seriously talk to somebody dressed like that and act like everything they're saying is like worth hearing?
Speaker 3: Academics jesus I I this is also he said, Yeah, Drake is a million times better than Kendrick Lamar. Yeah you know it wasn't he just like, you know, shitting on Drake like you know, less than six months ago during that whole beef. Yeah, I I it is so disappointing to me. Yeah, as a Chicagoan, sure who we took this man and like put him on a pedestal. Yeah, And I know people are saying, well, you should have put any celebrity on the pedestal, and that is correct, And so I don't mean on the pestal in that way, but on a pedestal in the art form. That is what I meant we put him on that pedestal in the art form, and I think more than any of that, because you can obviously tell this man is sick, which is not an excuse to become a Nazi racist.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but.
Speaker 2: Obviously sick.
Speaker 1: I have him out here saying shit in public and then putting it out like as if he has his full faculties.
Speaker 3: Yet it's not even the Chicago thing. It's not even the you know, it's a black man doing it. Is like if not only if you go, if you go listen to early Kanye songs or the Kanye West that was like George Bush doesn't care about black people. To see somebody in the public eye go from that all the way, it's like Roseanne almost like well, but like how.
Speaker 2: Roseanne went from like you know Roseanne. When Roseanne came out, yeah it and she.
Speaker 3: Was like edgy and and also but like what people don't give her credit for is like she was like she had the first if I'm not mistaken, all female writers room, or she was a big champion for for like women writers in a way that made her progressive in that in that form and like that person wouldn't recognize who she is now, like Kanye West would murder himself.
Speaker 2: Like if like the Kanye.
Speaker 3: West that's in front of him now that he is now was in front of the Kanye West before, like he would be like, yes, he was always a weirdo, but like this is different than being a weirdo, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Just it's I mean, it's as predictable as it would be for someone with a platform like this to also just be constantly goaded into talking when he shouldn't be and he should be seeking help and academics, You're just.
Speaker 3: An academic, so Park Flame, I mean, damn think of And also you had to put r Kelly down.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta put Kanye down. Chicago, I know, man, she cut Listen.
Speaker 3: There's this guest, there's this host who comes on dailyes like Gus tell me from Chicago, Illinois, all these the Chicago black men.
Speaker 2: We're not doing good.
Speaker 3: We need what comment at We're common we need comment Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Rock really from Chicago.
Speaker 1: What happened chance?
Speaker 3: Everyone believed everybody believed in you in the whack Ass album I Love My Wife.
Speaker 1: Senator Corey Booker, though he is currently filibustering on the Senate floor has, he said, quote as long as I am physically able to in protest of everything that the Trump administration is doing. He's talking about like he's out there. He's not reading from a phone book. He's talking about Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, How the Republican Party is being bullied and taken over by Donald Trump. He as of this recording Tuesday, April first, it is one, it is what how many hours has been?
Speaker 3: Twenty one hours, forty five minutes, sorry, twenty one hours, forty six minutes in three seconds as this moment moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wild philibustering, taxing on the body.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty, I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: You know. I believe the things that I believe, but I'm also very willing to learn new things and change my mind.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you used to be anti information.
Speaker 3: Yeah this shit would work on me if you got up there for twenty one fucking hours and I couldn't leave the room. Whatever you want, you can fucking get. Let me go home.
Speaker 1: Well, they know, but everybody is home, Like nobody has to sit around for it. It's not like, Okay, it's show and tell, here's my turn. It's just that all debate stops and you're basically taking over the Senate floor.
Speaker 2: Uh so like, wait, so nobody's actually in that room with him?
Speaker 1: No, they don't have to be if they don't want to be.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: Oh So when we were talking about this earlier, that's what I was talking about. I thought you meant like I thought, like other people had to be on the Senate floor.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's only Corey. So like, if Corey Booker wants to go to the bathroom, he cannot leave the Senate floor.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: In the past, people have brought up like fucking blankets and ship and like this in his trash. Can nobody seespan cameras can't show you? Yeah yeah, yeah, boom done. I mean I feel like we're in the air of somebody just taking a wild ship on the floor. See.
Speaker 3: I was under the impression that, like the senators had to be audience and you're basically holding them hostage.
Speaker 2: That's what I was, like, this ship will work on me, like what you want you get.
Speaker 1: Especially the old old ass senator fucking.
Speaker 2: Die Like yeah, I gotta fucking go, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Getting bed sores from sitting so long. You're like, well, that's it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Say you know what, you know what, that's what they should do.
Speaker 3: Then they should require you to be on the Senate floor as a senator.
Speaker 2: I bet you more ship would get done.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sure, I'm sure who knows, but Corey Booker, at least Corey Booker is doing something. Let's see something a little bit more please Democrats. All right, let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back to finish out some other stories and we're back. There was a lot of talk we talked about on the show how there's a like a Beatles biopick thing coming out the next one four biopicks. There is a biopick for every member of the Beatles, But where's the one for Billy Preston Because Billy Preston, really that's the fifth Beatle I really want to be talking about. Anyway. Sam Mendy's is directing four biopicks, and we just found out that all of them. They're gonna drop all four biopicks on this same day because they wanted to be a bingeable cinema experience. You're gonna sit through four two hour fucking movies in one day.
Speaker 3: Bro Hi, you know and also like I'm looking at this cast. I'm listen, man, I love, I love y'all. I'm so fucking tired of white people and white shit it. I'm so fucking tired. Like they get the most basic famous white men today who look like rats and ship like, I'm so retired.
Speaker 2: Rat Summer's Rat Summer nobody. Four fucking movies for each one. I couldn't bro.
Speaker 3: After Paul McCartney and Ringo Star, I struggle to name the other.
Speaker 1: Two beatles, John Lennon and George Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that's the struggle.
Speaker 1: I just say, first top of mind are the ones that.
Speaker 3: Mine are Ringo Star and Paul McCartney. White people need to be stopped.
Speaker 2: They need to be.
Speaker 1: Stopped, like, where's where's our Wu Tang, where's our Wu Tang movie with nine in one day? Where's my biv Devou biopic?
Speaker 2: Bro, I will watch that. Bring a grill to the movie theater.
Speaker 1: Set up in front under the screen. I got you, I got you cheese now all right, I got ones with cheese ready right now?
Speaker 2: I got one of yeah, man, I got some ribs. I got some ribs.
Speaker 1: Selling ribs at the fucking wu tang Biopig fin Show. Oh my god. So anyway, it's four movies at once. This shit doesn't even come out till in twenty twenty eight, so we'll see what happens if it's even legal for people to congregate in public with them. But yeah, go off, I'm sure this will be spectacular success.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: And finally just have to say rest in peace to Hooters. They have they filed officially filed for bankruptcy this week. It was people saying bankruptcy is on the horizon, but it has happened, and they are going to sell the company owned restaurants to a franchise group backed by the company's founders. So here's the thing. It's like right now, there are people who are saying, like, too, this is a financial heaghlance, it's too big to fail. Trump must act to save Hooters from bankruptcy. Valuable acid at risk after four years of Democratic attacks on male camaraderie and female attractiveness. Uh okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I would tell you what, bro, If Trump end up saving titties, that would be I don't know what I would do, bro.
Speaker 1: It's it could happen. It could happen.
Speaker 2: Yo. Trump was a bad man, but he saved it.
Speaker 1: He saved But who nobody even goes to Hooters anymore.
Speaker 3: I truly don't know anybody who has gone to Hooters in the past five plus years, right, Like, I don't know, and I know very few people who've just gone to Hooters in general. Like also, like the Internet is what killed Hooters because you can see titties all the time, and like, you know, like it.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was just a weird concept and it gets creepier the more, like the older you get and kind of get perspective of even like what like the service industry is and what Hooters is. Because now they're saying they're gonna pivot Hooters to being family friendly. I don't know what the fuck that means, but they always have marketed itself as a family restaurant for some reason. But they also said, like from their own fucking company paperwork, they say they provide quote vicarious sexual entertainment, and by saying it's vicarious sexual entertainment, that allows them to quote avoid compliance with regulations against sexual discrimination in the workplace. And a lot of people are like, this is this legal loophole.
Speaker 3: Bait and switch shit that so that's basically like, if you don't have a certain size of knockers, we won't hire you. And that's not discriminating or just or just or just like saying wild shit to the people that you work with, you know what I mean, harassing them all kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's crazy.
Speaker 3: The fact that the fact that Hooters lasted as long as it did is very wild to me. Yeah, especially, like I said, in the age of Internet, any age of internet porn.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think the other part too, Like to your point about like where we go for titillation these days, it's not this same thing. And also it's just also it's just like the vibes are weird. And I don't know how they see it in business, because every time I went to Hooters when I was in college, I stole something from the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Like I got I got so many salt shakers from Hooters, Bro, so many, so many of the wooden spindles that you put the paper towel roll on.
Speaker 1: I would take that ship thinking, I like, because I would be drunk by the time I walk out of therem that watched this bro, I'm a fucking I'm coming up on all this shit. You want hot sauce, give it up, load it up, load it up. I would walk out there limping and ship because my friends would challenge me to how many fucking toilet paper or paper towel spindles like it put in my pants? Or walk out sorry to the hooters in Burbank.
Speaker 3: But that's why I close now. And ain't nothing been in there since because you took all the fixtures. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure you took the walls.
Speaker 1: And if you're trying to fuck with me, speak to my homie the statute to limitate. Okay, that is going to do it for us in this trending episode. We will be back tomorrow with some more news, obviously a brand new episode with Jackie Sneil this man here. It's gonna be fantastic. Until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, be kind to yourself like always. You know now we live in the anti vaccine. Just take care of yourselves, okay, listen to what doctors say, they know what the fuck they're talking about, and don't do nothing about white supremacy. We'll see you later, Boydebye, goodbye,