Speaker 1: This is the most traumatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Bethany.
Speaker 1: Chris Harrison, Bethany Frankel, and yes we just if you listen to the first part with Bethany, I'm glad you clicked over to listen to the rest of the story. As they say, as we've got to know each other. What Bethany and I We literally just met about an hour ago, But I also feel like we're best friends now. I feel like that exactly. I've always had this crazy amount of love and respect for you, and partially that's due to my fiance Lauren Zima, who thinks you are just the most amazing woman in the world. And she's like, trust me, you are going to love Bethany when you get to talk to her, because Lauren interviewed you a bunch while she was at entertainment tonight. So I am glad we finally got to talk. And I feel like this is the first of mini convos we will have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'll know that, Yeah, now we know each other. Don't you think it's interesting that podcasts. Since doing podcasting, you can even know someone like you know them through the industry. But now until you talk to them through this form, do you really know them? Like we talk superficial people. What restaurant did you go to? What are you working on?
Speaker 1: Not like what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A lot of bullshit.
Speaker 1: Everything I hate about La. You know what life is like, La, Where you're sitting there, you're talking to people, there is no depth and you're just looking over the person's shoulder to see who else is in the room that you can talk to. But podcasts we dive into this stuff. And one thing that Lauren and I were talking about you, and it wasn't weird. We weren't in bed at the time, but we were talking about how parallel our lives are. We're both engaged. You have a fiance, so do I. Yours is a little bit different. Laura and I are actually going to get married, right.
Speaker 2: And similar ages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a year a fifty one? And how old is your fiance?
Speaker 2: He's seven years younger, so he's turning So Lauren's younger than me? Did I add that wrong? Fifty two? Yeah, he's all I know is he's turning forty six. Oh she's younger too. How old is she? Not to say?
Speaker 1: I can say she's thirty five? But did you didn't get into this with the idea of we're getting in, we're gonna get married, you don't really care if you get married.
Speaker 2: I'm a like, you're with someone and you want to know how much they're committing to you. And there's like, and I don't want to say this in the wrong way, like it's not a goalpost, but it's sort of the next step and how serious are we about each other? And it's a commitment. Also, we're long distance, yeah, so so there has to be some sort of binding commitment to make that worthwhile. It's not been easy, you know, to be long distance, but in a way it's also been easy. It's annoying more than it's not easy, Like.
Speaker 1: How do you do it? Well, here's the I assume you're your East coast. He's West.
Speaker 2: No, No, that would be impossible. He's Boston. But it's still a pain in the ass, like it sounds. It might as well be Florida, Ohio. It doesn't matter. You're still getting in a car four hours or three hours. So I moved closer in Connecticut to Boston, which does make a difference when you're driving. But the point that I really do want to make is that as when we're younger, we have these ideals about what it's all supposed to be. Like it's like, what are we doing for dinner? And what are we doing here? And we're one and we go to your parents and we go to my parents, and we parent the same way and we do the same right. So when you get into a relationship when you're older, it's weird and selfish because you both have your own ways of doing things and you both have your own life. But if you talk to most people that are really successful relationships, they're kind of saying, like this person lets me be me, I let them do them. We have nights with our friends, we do our own thing, like he travels. I mean, I hear all these different things. And it kind of is like a dirty secret that a non traditional relationship is not is kind of good like some people. I've read articles where people don't even live in the same place. That it works because I get my time with him, my time with my child, my time with my business, and then our time all together for blending and like there are these little silos and then there's when everything's together. So sometimes it sucks because it's like you're always in the calendar and it's annoying, but you're really free to do what you're doing and not feel torn when you're.
Speaker 1: Not togethern No, it does. We just had this conversation last night. We were talking about people that live apart and that there are even, you know, marriages, longtime marriages where they don't live together. And I'm like, well, I don't want that, like Laura and I do live together. But I was like, you know what, I get that, and she's like, so do I Like, I can totally see that non traditional thing working.
Speaker 2: Because another human being is annoying. They're not you same no matter what they do is annoying.
Speaker 1: And especially what I guess what her point is, or what the point she made was, especially when you get to a certain age, right, we get certain ways we are. I am not an easy human being to live with anymore at fifty one, because there are things I just love to do, I want to do and I don't want to give that up. And yeah, that's selfish and you do have to compromise. I get it and all that, and so does Laurence. She gets it, but we're very careful about these are the things she loves, which Bravo is one of them, and these are things I love.
Speaker 2: You can't make a dog a cat, right. Paul falls asleep a nine thirty at night, Like I'm not out tripping the life fantastic, right, But we're just different people. And I wanted I went to launch my forever young wine do a shoot in Santrope and he didn't come. I used to feel guilty, like not asking him to come to do this thing. And it's not for Paul, and it's not for me because I don't want to be doing I don't want to be dragging him around and I.
Speaker 1: Want to be both gone and had a crappy time, and you would have felt guilty trying to. Lauren just came with me to this golf tournament last week. I was in Fort Worth, really good friend of mine. Oddly his name is Chris Harrison too, but that's a different story altogether. But so I was at this golf tournament and again drinking party in it's all day. She came up because a lot of the wives took part in this thing, and I just saw her and she's miserable. She hated it. It was just and you're thinking about it, yeah, and then now it's taking me out of having a good time, and I know she's miserable and she was just trying to do the right thing. And we love the fact that we can look at each other and say, Babe, I don't want to do this, and I'll say, now, great, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Go do your thing right fully. Get that so right. The only rub with the long distance becomes when you're together and alone, like it might not be on a weekend, it could be on a Monday and Tuesday, and then everyone feels the need to make it like perfect, and it's like the small honeymoon where if you're working you feel guilty. So there is a little bit of a time and the way you manage it and what it means.
Speaker 1: So you feel more pressure when you and Paul are together because it's like, okay, this is our time.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly, and it's and then you feel self conscious if something's going on or something's going on with work. So interesting finding that balance, which also though I've struggled with in relationships where we are not in different cities, sometimes I don't know how to who in this relationship. Thank God, I know who I am, like what my life is in the past, I have immersed into someone else's and then we're a wee and I don't understand what to do on my own. I like to be alone a lot, like not all a lot. I'm a recluse, like a line.
Speaker 1: Where did that come from?
Speaker 2: My father was always alone. My father was to think about my father, there was a stain in the leather chair behind his head from watching horse races all day long. He was always alone, with the exception of like going after a race to dinner with you guys. Like he was always home alone, and my mother was home alone all the time till four o'clock in the morning. And I was an only child. So like, I don't know if that's genetic, if that's the models I saw, because I didn't really live with them for most of my life. But I am a natural born reckless.
Speaker 1: It's a very fall it's a very healthy thing to be able to be alone with yourself and be satisfied and be happy. Mine came from the bachelor bacherette world. For twenty years, I traveled the world, and I would typically travel by myself and live by myself. You know. Every now and then my wife or kids would come or whatever. When I started dating, you know, Lauren would come, but for the most part, for twenty years, you know, the crew would go and I would try to come in later because I would try to stay home as much as possible. So you know, I would fly to South Africa by myself, be put in this crazy beautiful resort by myself, and I had so much time alone that it became I became okay with it.
Speaker 2: Oh and also, though I think, fame and you change because people look at you differently and want to talk to and your body language changes, and you just retreat a little bit because going out becomes something very very different. Going out could be like a public appearance. If you your friends said to you, let's go to the food and wine tasting of Milwaukee, and you just show up there. They're tasting food and you're doing a public appearance.
Speaker 1: Right you are taking pictures, and that's funny. You say that, people say, oh, have you changed or I'm like, you know, the the noble you know answer you would love to say is no, I've never changed. I'm the same guy was when I grew up in Dallas. But you do change because you got to protect yourself and you protect your time, and you become pickier with your time and who surrounds you because you're right. When I go to an event or you go, you know you're going to take pictures, You're going to have conversations a lot of the same conversations, people asking you the same questions. And it's great, that's what they know you for and I don't have a problem with that. But yeah, if I take a trip, it is going to be a little bit different than what my friends are going to experience.
Speaker 2: Your right, so your body language changes. You know, I used to be a person that would talk to the two top next to it. I still do it sometimes now, but if I do it, that means that the two tops at the left isn't going to start talking to us. And now we're having a group party and Paul is a very private.
Speaker 1: Person, and you find there's that time and night where people start drinking, and there's that tipping point in the night too where you're like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Out or one person. Yeah, I was like literally half nude in a spa yesterday and a girl said hi to me, and then three other girls because one person is open the thing and I'm not complaining either, it just changes that you become closed off because if you're open to one person high, then so many people like, Oh, she's so open, she's just like us, and we're just all having a party while she's naked in a sauna, and you feel a little self conscious, you feel insecure, and you feel like, are these people like looking at me? And what does she look like naked? And or her boobs real? And like you just start to get paranoid in your mind about what other people are thinking, because they're probably.
Speaker 1: They're real and they're spectacular everybody. I just want you to know. Let's just let that be said. Now, would you ever, I mean, with all this said, if you had this perfect world and you lived in Boston or Paul lived in Connecticut, would you guys, would you live together? Would you take that step?
Speaker 2: I mean, we would live together. And we do pretty much live together, and we are connected all day long, and I mean that in a way where it's not like we're long distance. We're it's too much. We're fifty times a day talking about everything and we're now working on this YouTube thing together, which is actually really fun, just like you guys are working together to interesting but we're like minded in being anti social, very creative, like entertainment adjacent. He's produced a bunch of movies and that he's a real estate developer. So and it does, even though it sounds cheesy for Paul and myself, life partner sounds really accurately. He's a great, okay, partner. He's just a great partner in life. He's very supportive, he's very loyal, he's he's just he's a good life partner. So I don't say that to people like this is my partner. That's cheesy. I'm just saying it to you if you're asking the definition, that's.
Speaker 1: What you know without it's such a great that's such a healthy thing. And again you wish if we could give people advice that are getting into this game when in your twenties, thirties, whatever, being able to truly define your relationship the way you want it, whatever that means and looks like to you do it.
Speaker 2: It's also what are you coming into it from your your fiance. Lauren was not ever married.
Speaker 1: Before she was no she was divorced too, but no kids. No kids, but also different also did not want to have kids. Love's mine, but I also understood that that was my choice to have kids, it was not her. And so she does love my kids and appreciates that. In God, she's amazing her effort and all that, but I also try to understand that that wasn't her life choice. They are still, you know, my children, so I try to you know, and they're older now, they're twenty one and nineteen, so it's a whole different dynamic than if she came into the picture and they were nine and eleven years old and we're doing you know, dance lessons and going to plays and all that stuff still.
Speaker 2: And so she came in though not going through a wretched child custody divorce.
Speaker 1: Right, My divorce was clean. I had been divorced for eleven years. My ex wife was already remarried, so it was as easy of an injury as it could possibly be. And my ex actually loves Lauren more than she loves me. They actually will talk and text, and so it's a very very healthy situation, thank God. Like, because I have friends and I'm sure you do too, where it's just a nightmare and you can't even talk to your ex or whatever, and that it's I feel for those people.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying what you're walking into is affected by what you're walking out of. So yes, I was coming out of a ten year divorce on a two year marriage, and the models I saw as my mother and my father and my stepfather were horrendous and wretched and divorce. So I was coming out of a hall of fame to use that word to get the term again, divorce like very, very very the worst experience of my life by far. So I'm now walking into a relationship. I'm not like skipping down the road to be doing documents and legally being married, like it would make sense to anyone. I experienced the most trauma I've ever experienced in my life in getting my marriage and divorce. So that's another reason I don't want to say that because that doesn't sound all fun. But that's another reason why someone might not ask me as often like why are you married yet?
Speaker 1: Well, perspective, Yeah, your perspective, you have a scar tissue. I mean I always tell people, you know, everyone shows up for your wedding and there's the congo line and the chicken days, and hey, all those people aren't out the divorce proceedings when you're sitting there with the mediator and you're going over and you're basically dissolving a company, and that's what a divorce is. You're exactly you're dissolving a company and breaking it apart. And I'm like, and I vividly remember having this moment with a lawyer of just sitting there with my ex and you're breaking things apart and going through everything, and I'm like, h this is a far cry from that big celebration we had seventeen years ago. So you definitely have to take that perspective and that knowledge into the next relationship. You'd be crazy not to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I do transactional business deals all day long, and there's something about that what comes with that that I just it's counterintuitive to me. I understand marriage for a reason, like you're going to have kids or for this reason, or religion or convert a million reasons, or you're twenty four and you want to be protected and you want to know. When you're this age and you have your own career and your own life, it's hard to contemplate legally being married. Just based on what I've been through. I understand it, I condone it. I'm just saying it's hard to like be like, I've got to do this right now, this.
Speaker 1: Has to happen well. And that's how I felt when I got engaged. I mean, first of all, Whenlauren and I started dating, you know, she knew I didn't really care one way or the other. Marriage was not a priority for me. Again because I had been married, you know, I did the thing where I had kids and all that, and she had been married too and had the big wedding. So neither neither one of us were really thinking, date, let's get married. Things just progressed. And that's how I've loved this relationship so much, is that it's just taking its own course. And we've never said to ourselves what's next, When when when you know, and so it's always just kind of hit us of you know what, it's time, it's time to stop, right, you know, Like for six months nobody knew we were dating. Then we went public, and then we took this step and got engaged. Then we decided to get married, and we're doing it on our own time. And we've been together for five and a half years, and it just it makes sense. It makes sense to us us, yeah, exactly, And if it doesn't make sense to you. God bless you call. I mean, whatever floats your boat at this point in your life, yep, I totally get it. Live together, live apart. Life's tough enough. Be happy for crying out loud.
Speaker 2: I agree, I could not agree more. And work and in relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah and well, And I think both of us have been blessed enough to have been successful in our lives. That you get the power of saying no and the ability to say no is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing? It's it's it's I mean, I wrote a book called The Place of Yes, but the no I say no so much more than I say yes. Honestly, it's just a very it's nice to what you have to get to this age to realize what you really do want to do and you realize you my life is not defined by a full calendar. It's almost like I hate when it's full. And we're trying to say, really, only do things that you love. Like Really, to have that discipline and be able to have the luxury of only doing things that you love because you work to that point is really a blessing.
Speaker 1: Housewives, do you still have love in your heart? Fruit? For that franchise.
Speaker 2: It's not the it's the experience. Like I love the comedy, the ridiculousness, and I was always the Greek chorus. And I'm always in this position where I get to be who I am talking to this audience about this show that I'm observing around me, and I'm very good at directing that sort of traffic and I love this. I will say something. My father may be the Hall of Fame horse trainer. I am the hall of Fame of that sport. Like being in the middle of a reality show like that, navigating all of this that is literally my wheelhouse. But what And I'm also I'm excellent at navigating the media. It's not that I'm not good for it. It's not good for me. So I don't want to do that with people that I don't really I may not care for them, And then I have to live out this argument that's public for three months about something that I don't care about with a person I don't care about, and do a media tour about it. And it's really trashy and really toxic. And the name of housewives is a zero sum game. Someone is always winning and someone's losing. When you're doing it, you're someone's and you may not know who it is, and it may be you. And if you don't know who's it's you.
Speaker 1: That's if you don't see the sucker at the poker table, it's you.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. You're the fish. So that's what it is. There's and so it's always like kill or be killed, and I just don't want to live like that. But I you were the gy.
Speaker 1: You were phenomenal at being what I would call the narrator. We had people on the show that they were just so good. It's summing up exactly what everybody's seeing, and you need that person. Yes, you can observe it on TV because it's a very visual medium, but to have somebody comically and intelligently narrate that and some it all upill. That is the brilliance of Bethany. That is the brilliance of a person like you is you can observe, take it in, digest it, and then articulate it perfectly so it is funny, poignant, and stirs the pod a little bit. That is You're right, that is a unbelievably difficult person to find in a show. So with that said, are you because there were rumors because that you were in a video that you I don't think it was even you.
Speaker 2: That this is a good little experiment because we get to like show that these citizens journalists make things true.
Speaker 1: The Real Housewives legacy video that you weren't in that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sitting here with you, Chris Harrison in my basement with a power just went out. I'm not in Sane Bart's but everybody thinks I am. And somehow you know me. I'm thinking, how do I monitorze? There's no way for me to They think I'm there, and Bravo gets to seem like they've put me on this second show, but so no, I'm not there. I'm right here. And Bravo's done something really smart because they've been able to pay these women one week's salary is four months out, get a season out of it, and they're gonna get six episode. Yeah, it's brilliant. Yeah, And you would ask me like people always ask me when I go back, like I talked to Paul about it yesterday. There's a number to go there right now, get on a plane right now. There's a number, but they can't pay it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that I feel the same way about the bachel when people ask me. And again, as you said on your show, I was like, you said, never say never, and I will never say that. My mom taught me don't ever close a door because you just never know what will happen in life. And yeah, there's a number, and there's other things that would help Yours.
Speaker 2: Is about a number. So mine's a full number, like it's a number.
Speaker 1: Well, mine was a number, and there were several factors that needed to take place. Those factors actually took place, those things have happened, so now it really is about a number. That and there would be some conversations as well. But yeah, of course. I mean if they came and said, look, we've we've lost sixty five percent of our audience, please come back and help us reinvent and save this, and I'd be like, Okay, let's start the negotiations if you want to actually fix this.
Speaker 2: But what about this. Here's here's the other thing, like Samantha or Kim Katroll went back for one scene, but they have marketed it like she's on the whole thing. So I keep getting I've gotten asked in the past season. It's like from producers just one lunch, one dinner. I'm like, oh, and you're not going to market that, like I've been in every scene of No, there's no I've you this is not a win for me exactly, which is like, this is a win for them. That's why you didn't hear any from Bravo dispelling the fact that I'm in St. Barts right now. There's been They've been quiet as mice over there. No one's saying Bethany is not in Sant Barts because they know they're not stupid. They want the viewer to think Jill and I are getting on a plane to go to Saint Bart's. And also, I think it's liberating. Years ago when I went back and Andy Cohen said what's it going to take? And I and I really didn't want to go back at all, but I then said, I'm going to give you a number. I'm gonna give it to you. You come back with it or not, and that's the only way I'll go back. You weren't allowed to say that would be like I misconnecting with the audience and I miss all this stuff. Now, I think there's a liberation to being like, yeah, there's going to be a number.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is relatable to the everyday person you know who's going through whatever, because your employer, the job will play on your emotions. Bethany, you don't you want to do this because of this franchise. I've been so much to you and these girls, and just do what's right and you do it. And it's like they're not doing it for those benevolent, overreaching reasons. They're doing it for a number as well. They're doing it because Bethany Franco means ratings. They're doing it because that promotion will sell tickets. So it's not okay. And they and I saw this all the time. They still do it to this day to play on former bachelors and bachelorettes. We changed you, you know, be grateful for the life we've given you.
Speaker 2: This. Oh I get that to Bravo major. I'm like, I made Bravo too. They got a different caliber of women after my Skinny Girl deal. I believe every.
Speaker 1: Time I went the negotiations with my boss, it's you know you, aren't you grateful for this? I said, dude, I think we've been both beneficial. It's been a pretty good franchise for you.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: For twenty years, I've worked my ass off and I'm pretty good at what I do. You're lucky to have had me as well.
Speaker 2: It's good for you, Chris, Chris go.
Speaker 1: Both ways well, which is the reason why we ended up getting a divorce.
Speaker 2: But right, No, but you're not. I'm not in any actor just I'm acting like the person that they're like, am my door begging me? No, No, there's an open invitation over there if I decided to get paid whatever. But no one's calling me today to be like please come back.
Speaker 1: It's just a conversation though. But you understand the way the game is played that this is a even playing field, and it's a conversation that would be had of I'm not in bolden to do anything for you. You are not embolden to do anything for me. We're right here, so this is this is going to be fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yours is not gross. Yours I have done. I have done a rints like yours is not. Yours is different. Yours is like your host journ a suit. You're protected. Mine is going back into a swamp pit. So I need to be paid to be climbing into a pile of.
Speaker 1: Ship and it affects you because it does affect your personal life.
Speaker 2: Disgusting and so I really don't want to do it, and I'm not going to do it. That's why it's just but there is a number to get me to do it. I'm saying it's astronomical. It's not astronomical. It's big, though.
Speaker 1: But we all have a number. I mean, yeah, yeah, there's going on in the world of sports right now with Live Golf and the PGA Tour. These guys had a number. Lionel Messi was offered four billion dollars to go play in Saudi Arabia. So we all have a number. Okay, we all have a number, but mine's like yeah, I'm yeah, is yours four billion?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying no. I didn't mean mine's big. I'm saying I don't really want it. I don't know. If I really want to do it, it'd be fine. It's it's a game. We're playing a game in our own minds. Yeah, like that, like ABC is not sitting outside your door, up bag, They're not right, same story. You just know the number, you know what's going on over there, and you know so that there's like a friendly conversation with them. Overall, it's a dance. You still are saying stuff. You're saying, we're very similar, Like I'm still saying that when you go and watch it Evans Live. It's a trap every time you go on. It's a question to make you look bad at somebody else. But it's okay. I'm playing the game right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's our job and it's what I love to do. I mean, I love TV, I love hosting, I love producing. I will continue to do that no matter where it is, and it is what we love to do. It just so happens that our stuff gets displayed and gets prominently put out there for the world to digest and do with it what they please, especially when you are the subject, when you are one of the cast members.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going back you and I I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I would say there's close to a zero percent chance. It doesn't make any Honestly, it doesn't make much sense for either one of us business wise. I don't think it's a good business move for you to go back to Housewives. It's not a good business for me to go back to a show that is not doing well because the chances of turning around or in this day and age of network TV or slim and none. I mean, it's it's it's dying that franchisical pressure.
Speaker 2: Will be on you. I did that and I was all and thank god it went back up. But that was a different The b is back and it felt pressure, and like, now you go back, right, you know? I mean Lauren Michael said it best you have to make an exit to make an entrance. But are you going back and making an entrance back there? I mean it could go either way because you'd get a big number. And who cares? Like if you got a big enough number and you go back and the ratings don't change, what the hell do you care it?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You know, no one saw it. Who cares?
Speaker 1: I look at it like getting back with an X that you've been married to for twenty years. You know what it's all about exactly. You know how unhappy you were, you know all the pitfalls, So why would you go back and do that again? So it makes no sense business wise, emotionally, relationship wise. But all I've ever said is that door, you know, is I would just never say never, but for you and now Yeah, there's bigger and better things on so many fronts. It would be. It feels like a backstep for both of us.
Speaker 2: It does, and also the reason you brought up that it's not good business for either. Bravo can chop up this chicken fifty ways and make chicken salad, make chicken broth, and make chicken stuff. Same thing with The Bachelor. It's the Bachelor on Tuesdays, it's the Bachelor Pizza Night, it's the Bachelor Vaication. Just chop all the shit up together and make make walk chicken and broccoli like they can make anything they want, poll uck supper every night and rechurn and churn and still make have an advertising budget. They come in, they'd have to pay you for that big show. It's not doesn't make economical sense for them either, because your head is still knowing what your value was then money money wise, that they don't have it that way anymore. That's why they can get girls for one hundred thousand dollars to rip each other's limbs off for a week who were fired and need to be relevant and need that hit because they'll do it and they're all going to be even crazier because they need the hit, Like, it's just not economical sense to.
Speaker 1: Be like, let's pay Bath to get back in that lion's den. Yeah, it would take a lot.
Speaker 2: I like the conversation and I like the job. And Paul literally Paul and I have fictitious conversations where Paul would never even put Paul's never been on it would never be on any TV with me, never. He's no upside from a very private person, very private family. But we'll even play what his number is. I'm like, okay, but I go back and you have to come with me, what's your number? And we do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I just thought too, and then just dropped the other day in my interview with Larsa Pippen and Marcus Jordan, okay, and I asked Marcus if he was going to be a part of the show and he said yes, probably so, and I thought I got off. I got off the podcast and I told Lauren, I go if I'm an executive or a producer at Bravo, I am losing my mind that I have Michael Jordan's son for free, for free, essentially dating Scottie Pippen's ex wife, Like I own this story. Now I own Michael Jordan essentially and Scottie Pippen in this story. I hope, and I hope to God that Marcus is bending them over backwards asking for money, because if he's not, he's crazy because he can.
Speaker 2: And they really can't pay him what he's worth, and they really really won't. I don't think he's getting.
Speaker 1: Any I mean, think about that.
Speaker 2: I know. But here's the weird thing about Housewives and that, Yeah, those type of stories aren't as big as you'd think. Like whenever you're on the Housewives in the first couple of years, you're like, oh, I'm best friends of Madonna, so we're gonna go to this event and let's shoot Madonna. He shoot Madonna. It's not like Jamie Curtis being on Beverly Hills. It's not who cares. Yeah, and people become different there too, Like in my mind, Kelly ben Simone had a lure. She was married to Joe Bensimon. She gets on that show, she's she's another whack job in New York City, Tinsley Mortimer, the big, the big taffita wearing New York socialite. She gets on that show and everybody becomes like just a person.
Speaker 1: It's story driven. It's all about the story that's being yeah, being driven, and the drama and all that. But I just I love the fact that it's a good get. Oh, it's a good get. It's a great story because that will continue to be dramatic. I mean, that's that relationship, and obviously it's what they will do to that relationship, right, it's it's how you will produce around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's gonna have to be smart and his family is gonna have to be like what do you do? But like, no one really cared about Kelsey Grammar except for how it pertained to Camille, is what I'm trying to say. He's a much bigger celebrity, one of the highest paid actors of all time on television. But like it didn't matter that he was in that episode. He was filler, which is weird. Someone becomes different there. I don't know why that. It's just fame is not as important on reality TV as the whack of doodles that are on it.
Speaker 1: That's so true. Speaking speaking of we are two of the biggest whack of doodles you're ever going to run into. I have so enjoyed this day, me too. I look forward to it. And the best part about Bethany and I is we had no idea what we were going to talk about. We had no rundown, and we are both so fullish that we just talked for an hour street And if you didn't shut us up, if the producers weren't telling us to stop, this could go on for hours.
Speaker 2: It could be a marathon. One hundred percent. Nobody learned anything, and no one's smarter for it.
Speaker 1: So make sure there's This is kind of a two part series, So make sure you go to Bethany's podcast, and you're going to hear kind of the first part of this. And then obviously you've already if you've made it to this point and survived, you've listened to this as well. But listen to both podcasts because I think they are both unbelievably insightful and very different. But we have to do this again. We must do this again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we should continue it where you and I do it with somebody else that's also on iHeart and have a stupid conversation with them.
Speaker 1: It would have to be someone who's really going to be strong and could fit in this dynamic duo the business mind of Bethany always cranking.
Speaker 2: Always, I can't help it. Awesome, Chris, thank you so much. It's so fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you and I'll talk to you soon. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.