Speaker 1: Are you starting around? I started already because when Ice was up there? Why are you taking your headphones off? Let's go. You said you wanted to be ready. Let's be ready, spoons. Wow, this is the artist is at work, folks. It's very busy. I know you guys who like to man. Wait, we have no milk. You didn't bring milk.
Speaker 2: You never asked me to always do cares. Of course we have milk, we do. Okay, it's whole milk though.
Speaker 1: Retired man Scotty scot Scott Man, Scott.
Speaker 2: Man hold on finished big finish here endy one more. Hey, hey, hi, welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: Today is Monday, August eighth. Happy birthday, Amy.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to you past on Saturday. Yeah you missed it. No, I sent you a happy birthday text. I never got the gift you said you were gonna send. Just okay, all right, that's fine. And thank you very much for all the food that you got for me last Friday morning. Oh yeah it was so good. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Andrew texted me is like, hey, what kind of food do you want for your birthday? And I was like fruit and sushi with no avocado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who does that?
Speaker 2: I don't think who gets asked what do you want for your birthday and goes I want no.
Speaker 1: You said I want tropical fruits, summer fruits. I said summer fruits, which what melons? And I want sushi with no avocado. You know what can't you say? Oh? I want pizza, I don't want I want donuts. I'm trying to be hot. I don't want donuts. I want like a salad. Salad? Your what kind of sushi? Sushi?
Speaker 2: Is the Vegas term tuna? You want too a sushi? My favorite sushi is yellowtail scallion. You can stick some cucumber in there too. I just I don't understand why the sushi guy at the supermarket just makes everything with avocado. Everything avocado goes with everything. There are some people that don't like it. That's a special order anyway. Welcome to serial killers. Let's eat cereal. Yeah, let's go today. It's all listeners supplied cereals.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. Thank you listeners. Yeah, we need a listener's choice jingle.
Speaker 2: Hold on next week will be all listeners, all right? Love that I'm a little bit out of order.
Speaker 1: No worries. It's been a while since we actually recorded. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we've been on consistently on every Monday, but it's been a minute since we recorded.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and stupid. Why do people say that. I'm sorry for saying it's a minute. Okay, it's much longer than a minute. Okay, don't beat yourself up. I'm not beating myself up. So this first cereal, let's do. Uh.
Speaker 2: These are all General Mills cereals today, all of them. Wow, General Mills. This first one is very elusive. You can get cereal currently in any just regular supermarket.
Speaker 1: Okay. Originally it was an exclusive for Dollar General. I couldn't find it there, okay, it was always out of stock. And then I just happened to be in Costco one day and they had it. But of course there it's a giant freaking box. Okay, So here comes the giant is this? Here comes the giant freaking machine of chocolate peanut butter checks.
Speaker 2: Yikes on bye, I'm finally gonna try this stuff, and I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: I am not why. We love chocolate checks and we love peanut butter checks. So two great tastes that tastes great together. Andrew, you remember cheerious? Is it really, Yeah, what is it the apple jacks? I don't know too great taste, that tastes great together Andrew are Reese's peanut butter cups? Cups? Yeah? Right, cool, we've been through this friend. Oh, he said, friend, not dear. I know you want to say, dear, you got youranut butter and my chocolate. You got your chocolate in my peanut butter peanut butter cups old school eighties commercials. I know that one because a family guy made fun of that.
Speaker 2: I love that family guy makes like young people realize things happened in the past.
Speaker 1: That is the weirdest what. I love that family guy makes people realize that things happened in the past. So this is a double bagger in here. She's a double backer. Oh, you've show a few of those in your life. We say, what, this is a chocolate peanut butter checks. This is chocolate peanut butter checks.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's chocolate checks and peanut butter checks combined. But since General Mills combined them, it's okay. We didn't mix it. Okay, you know, because we don't do mixes.
Speaker 1: I'm a little warm in here, if I'm being honest. It's like muggy. It is muggy, but I don't think it's warm. You got Maybe it's f cove.
Speaker 2: It probably is. That sounds like a disease flus. People don't know what f cove is. We talked about it in the last episode of boll Chat.
Speaker 1: You can check. But who listens to that.
Speaker 2: People would listen to it, but just not for cereal stuff, not for serious stuff. That's the one thing that I hate about these damn double bag boxes is you can't get the bag back in.
Speaker 1: Damn double bag boxes. Dam double bag boxes. What's full of possibilities? Would you read that while I get the milk. For more homemade Checks recipes, visit the chexspinches page or go to checks dot com Cooking gluten Free, look for gluten free ingredients substitutes, and always read labels to make sure that each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredients sources can change. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing is that Farmland Dairies. It is farmlandaries and it's regular whole milk because that's all the little bodega had now. But the thing is, by the time this podcast airs, we had a dairy friend that gave us some stuff for an episode, so that will be coming up.
Speaker 1: In the next step.
Speaker 2: No, yes, in the next episode. We'll hold off on those, okay, and we'll wait until that comes on Friday. Yeah, I'm confusing everybody, I know it.
Speaker 1: But what else?
Speaker 2: So many sponsors, Well see they're not really a sponsor yet, they're interested possibly in sponsors for us, but so they are sending us some milk and milk products.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Fun, So we'll shout them next week. Ready to shout them. We're gonna shout them. Yeah, I mean it's a weird. Look. There's chocolate, there's peanut butter ones, and then it looks like there's just plain ones too. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I tell you what that is disappointing, the fact that there are plain checks in there that are not flavored. I I'm not really I love peanut butter checks all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just don't find the purpose for this, Like I get it, Like you might want chocolate peanut butter cereal like a Reese's puff, but just go get a Reesist puff. This ain't it. It's good, though, Eh, I don't love it. I don't want to give this three balls. I just want to like it more, and I just don't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I agree with what you're saying. Their major mistake here was putting plain pieces in.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think that's just filler, the plain pieces. Why would they do such a thing. Yeah, it just is a weak cereal, and I don't love see.
Speaker 2: Look it's even pictured. Look there's the chocolate, there's the peanut butter one, and there's just the plain old one.
Speaker 1: And I like plain checks actually the most out of this whole thing, sweetened rice and corn syrus. So this is rice checks and corn checks. I'm just going to eat the regular orange delicious, nutritious. I don't know about that, all around delicious.
Speaker 2: I am going to give it four balls because I love peanut butter checks. It's just not quite yeh. It's just a tad disappointing. What did you give it four bowls? Yeah, you're gonna stick with three.
Speaker 1: I'm sticking with three. I think if you have other peanut butter alternatives, which you do, there's head to Cereal Killers PC dot com and you'll see how many peanut butter cereals or are peanut butter chocolate cereals. This one just is eh so middle of the road that I just I don't love the taste as much as I would a Reese's peanut butter puff. Remember chocolate peanut butter Cheerios bull That was the first episode. No, it wasn't believe it was threw up miserably. No, that was it.
Speaker 2: That was of second or third nat a cream frosted flake. It was one of the first five episodes for sure.
Speaker 1: It was early on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we also had peanut butter chocolate pebbles. Those were not good to eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can you eat something good? Yeah? Great? The next two cereals you're familiar.
Speaker 2: With, Okay, so even though they are technically new, uh huh, they are also technically classic.
Speaker 1: What's that you're not recording? No, I am what happened? I just wanted to go back to this page.
Speaker 2: Oh so the next cereal I can tell you without even opening it or tasting it. Five balls from me, fieballs from you. If I'm wrong, I will apologize. Okay, But is it lucky Charms? It is yay, So it's you know, plain old lucky charms. But now there's magic gems marshmallows in them.
Speaker 1: What the hell is a magic gem marshmallow?
Speaker 2: They added a marshmallow, and now I'm not sure if there's like little it looks like there might be like little sugar specks in them.
Speaker 1: Oh is it like a pop rock? I don't know. So we're about to find out if there's pop rocks in this. Let me tell you something. So, there's definitely not zero.
Speaker 2: There's not pop rocks. It's not marshmallow. Shapes and colors may vary. Oh, I'm sorry, la form color date lois.
Speaker 1: You don't have to read it in Spanish. People are understanding you wait while we are. Okay, that means they vary. I think if anything, Spanish people would appreciate you just saying it in English. Oh it's gluten free. I'm sorry? Is it a butchering gluten? All right, Scotty much shake his box, Scott even shake the box. Shake your box. Scotty must shake pay his box. We're about to enter the Cave of magic gems, Andrew, okay, the cave of magic gems. Let's go. Here's lucky. I should be wearing my lucky charm socks.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, oh, Rihanna got me the lucky charm socks, and I'm not wearing them.
Speaker 1: The marshmallows looks bigger. No, I mean they might. They might appear that way, Andrew, but I don't believe that they are. What are these? To repeat it for Carla? It's literally Lucky Charms. I hope Carla appreciates that. She Now it's called the Carla mentions Lucky Charms magic gems. Yes, Cooper, I'm bringing them home for your relax. She is suddenly a Lucky Charms junkie. Like we got her the Mega size. Do you know that they make a mega size? There's large size, there's family size, there's giant size, and there's freaking mega size. It's a huge ass box. And it's not even like a Costco box. It is just a giant, freaking box of Lucky Charms. Now there's the gem right there? Did you get a gem? I'm going to take a gem and eat it myself. I found it. Should I eat it? Now? You can taste like a marshmallow? Oh okay, so so much for that theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing crunchy in it any different than a regular marshmallow.
Speaker 1: That's just a new shape. Is it going to be permanent. Probably not.
Speaker 2: M I don't even have to write it down by both. Yeah, Hall of Fame. They swap marshmallows in and out from time to time.
Speaker 1: I got milk on myself.
Speaker 2: I remember as a kid the originals. I can't tell you exactly what they were. It was, you know, pink dissed, orange, hard stars, blue diamonds, and then I remember and purple horseshoes. That added purple horseshoes in when I was a kid, probably in the eighties sometime. The purple horseshoes are still here, right.
Speaker 1: I think just magic gem doesn't go well with the rhyme heart, stars and horseshoes, clovers and balloons, pots of golden rainbows and hidden gems too. Oh I did it? That was perfect? Who knew that must be a later jingle? No, I'm saying I added it in. Oh well, the beginning part, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was m And then they got the unicorns and the presence and the rainbows.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the originals I believe are the moons and the hearts, and probably the balloons. Everything else is added over the years because even the little clovers are different than they.
Speaker 1: Can't go wrong with lucky charms. You just can't.
Speaker 2: I think they did go wrong with the the the marshmallow cluster one. Remember the one that was trying to be like marshmallow crispies but weren't treats Rice Christy treats. Remember that ran away? And then the little turquoise box came and it's not very good.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep. Well that was delicious. Thank you for that one, No problem, I guess we should. We're done. Oh, take a break, we'll be back right after this. And we're back. We are back. Are you ready for the next one? I am. It's another general Okay.
Speaker 2: We probably should have done this one a month ago, maybe a little more, but I couldn't find it. It's still in stores now. Some stores have it on the clearance track.
Speaker 1: Because I've got a cereal by the way. Oh yeah, yeah, what a donna get us? She? Do you want to see it? I would like to see it. We I know we didn't do this one. Are you sure without a doubt? Wow? My mom got us? Thanks mom, honey, incredible, I checked it. We didn't do that one. I have one back there, but it's a different flavor. This one's incredible. We did the frosted flakes. Yeah, we did. I think the chocolate or the peanut butter wine. And this one's new. Hey Donna, why gotta do us like that? Thanks Mom, it's gonna be gross, Thank you. Yeah, she had all these Keto ones available whatever store she was in.
Speaker 2: Those are expensive. I bet that's like seven dollars a box there zooming on the price.
Speaker 1: Tag computer enhanced seven ninety eight. Yeah, it's expensive anyway.
Speaker 2: Hey Donna, you've gotta family size box of limited edition tricks Firecracker.
Speaker 1: Oh, this looks like the red and blue popsicles, red white and Ooh. Can I hear you do that again? No?
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, though, these will just taste like tricks. Oh there's marshmallows in it.
Speaker 1: What? Oh? There are silly rabbit tricks are for kid, very good. He's the fanos of the Serial Avengers. He's gonna bring the whole world down. He's crazy. He's a mad scientist in my version of Serial Avengers. This man, do you know? Also one of the people who wants to come on the show. He's the wrestler Brimstone. Yes, he voiced a character in a serial show. We'll talk to him about that when he comes in. We will, we will.
Speaker 2: But but Tricks, Rabbit and Sonny together are just bs crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're they're they're diabolical geniuses. Okay, and in the movie that I'm going to make.
Speaker 2: So anyway, this was a fourth of July Cereal. I guess Firecracker Limited Edition.
Speaker 1: Oh been in it? Oh be in it?
Speaker 2: Marshmallow shapes and colors may vary. What does that mean? Does different boxes have different marshmallows?
Speaker 1: Maybe the size of the marshmallows are different. You want to play it again? Shake, where's the other one? You never sent it the album change one? You didn't. You have to shend me that jingle? Okay, Yeah, Scott's the man with the box. Yeah, you never sent it, so I can't put it in. If you don't have you don't send me the audio.
Speaker 2: Now I'm pretty sure that this is just Tricks with marshmallow. It's just like we had last week with the Tricks tracks, and we didn't like it. No, we like Tricks tracks, but not like love.
Speaker 1: You know, well, this smells like Hawaiian punch. Ooh. I also didn't I got one marshmallow and that whole Look at this I'm still shuffling. Do you have any marshmallows in there? I don't think I do. I got one marshmallow. I did not get a single marshmallow.
Speaker 2: Marshmallow to Cereal ratio is just thank you so much. That's not obnoxiously a lot or anything. Well, it smells like berry actually a little bit, right, Yeah, I can smell like mixed berry.
Speaker 1: It smells like a bomb pop. Can you stop, dude? I wonder if I could get it in the cup, if I could bounce it? Can you what? Just stop? Can't bounce it off your face into the cup? Got it in there? It smells like a ch Why am I supposed to eat this very carefully? I guess I'll eat it like a trough, eat like a knife. Clumb, ice cream clumb. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It tastes like tricks, Yeah, nush club, it's tricks.
Speaker 1: With a marshmallow drigged. It tastes very fruity. Yeah, I'd give it five both. I like that five. Yeah. You can't go wrong with tricks, you can.
Speaker 2: This is an unnecessary release, I'll tell you that much. I mean, as I wonder what it takes to like create a limited edition Cereal that you know is only going to be on the shelf for a little while, Like, is it more trouble than it's worth? Is it expensive for the company to do the art and change the machinery and do all this, that and the other for something that's going to be out for a couple months.
Speaker 1: I say yes, And they probably plan a full year ahead. There's like a whole expos the food expos, where I feel like they announce these things in advance. We should go to one. Are we ever invited? I could find out how to get in. I'll sneak in. Hi, I'm Chad Stirringsworth the Fourth. This is my father's cereal company. We are big cereal enthusiasts.
Speaker 2: I have an idea we could also just say we're Scott Andrew from the Serial Killers podcast and we talk about food.
Speaker 1: I think Chad Stirringworth the Fourth is really the better disguise. But sure you won't remember that name tomorrow. Chad stirring Worth. I need a monocle two and a top hat you can do that, and a cane yeah, and a big peanut head. Where are you from, fellow food enthusiast?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not even recording this there's we all are, Oh all right? Oh wait, I didn't rate it, so you gave it five balls? Yeah, I'm I'm I'm not impressed. I don't like the Cereal too marshmallow ratio.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna dock it for that. You can't make a limited edition if you're not going to actually do something. No, and I shook it too. Yeah, there was no marshmallows in this, which, to be frank, I don't love a lot of marshmallows in my tricks because I think it's a sweet enough Cereal already. But I mean, I feel like it's advertised. It's false advertising. Yes.
Speaker 2: Should I email them and tell them that there was a shortage if you want, I mean, they'll send me a coupon.
Speaker 1: For a free box, Yeah, and their apologies and make sure you say that like if you send us to the Cereal convention. Okay, Well be there forever grateful. Well, I mean I would like to take a trip to Minneapolis and see their plant. That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I want to go visit a fricking Cereal plant. We gotta go, please, Yes, Battle Creek wherever?
Speaker 1: I want to go? See the rapids. I'm in we go to Cedar Rapids. Where is it, Scott in Iowa? There it is all right. Thank you all so so much for listening to another exciting episode of Sere. Okay, we didn't say it at the same time. Also, I give it four balls. You didn't even let me ride it. I'm gonna do four balls in a spoon, okay, because the false advertising is not cool.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not false advertising. There are marshmallows in it. There's just not a whole hell of a lot. Dude, he's gonna get in trouble with those fireworks.
Speaker 1: He's he's evil. Look at him, he's plotting. I'm gonna set these off. Hope they don't hit people.
Speaker 2: On the rabbit anyway, redone, I think we are red white. And ooh, Andrew, this.
Speaker 1: Was Tricks limited Edition Firecrackers Firecracker Firecrackerer Tricks Firecracker limited Edition.
Speaker 2: Naturally and artificially fruit flavored sweetened cornpuffs with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Again, don't go into it thinking you're getting a lot of marshmallows like the packaging suggests you will not.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Also, if you go looking for these in the store, you most likely.
Speaker 1: Will not find them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and exapt maybe on an end cap at Walmart in the discount rack.
Speaker 1: So thanks for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC. Yeah, follow us on all the socials at to serial killerspc dot com. If you want to see what cereals we've rated, if you want to send a cereal, our addresses there And thank you all so so much for listening. We appreciate you, and thank you for even sticking around with us for all these weeks. Yeah, and listen, we have to move studios move studios in the next few months, so we have to clean up. We'd love to just sell those shirts off. We'd love to sell the shirts, and we'd love to get rid of these boxes. So if you want, we're not doing that. What if we sign them.
Speaker 2: We're keeping the boxes. You can have the old cerealugh.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you'd like a plastic bag full of cereals send to you that's seven years old. This is a joint decision, Andrew, Well, you can't just make decisions like that. Fine, I thought it would be a good idea, but apparently it's not. So again, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna let go we're gonna keep a collage of all the boxes. I looked up started to flatten them. Great, who's making the clagh?
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm going to hire someone. You're gonna hire someone.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's an intern downstairs that would do that, But there's a box out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll talk about it next week. Yes, thanks for listening. We'll see you on Wednesday with an all New Ball Chat. Until then, say Crunch, Andrew, Crunch, are you driving me home? I can't today? What I really can't. I have to go to the airport and it's in a complete opposite direction.
Speaker 1: No, it's so hot out. What does that mean? It's hot outside? I hate walking home in the hot whether