Speaker 1: Hey, I feel like that went good?
Speaker 2: All right, Ladies and gentlemen. Racing with the Boys is fueled by America's number one sportsbook. Yes, you guessed correctly, that is Fandal.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: This weekend feels like a little bit of a throwback. For the first time in years, the NASCAR Cup Series is back at Chicagoland Speedway. It's a track fans have been asking for Dad back on the schedule, and now it's finally time to sue con tame the mile and a half oval. And if you're jumping into the race weekend, Fandal has an offer you don't want to miss. Fandle is giving new customers up to one thousand dollars in bet resets. Now stick with me here. Here's how it works. Bet five dollars daily and unlocked two hundred dollars and bet resets every single day. That's right. Listen again, I'm gonna tell you a more time. New customers can place a five dollar bet each day. In receivers are two hundred dollars back in bonus bets daily, up to one thousand dollars in totality. With Chicagoland making its return, no one really knows how this was going to play out. Some drivers will love getting back on the track that they haven't seen in years, while others will be figuring out, figuring it all out on the fly. That's what makes us the perfect weekend to back your favorite driver, take a shot on a sleeper, or build your own race card however you like it. Head tofandle dot com, forward, slash bust and place that five dollars bet and get ready to ride. Let's getting this episode, ladies, gentlemen, well and then welcome to another episode of Racing with the Boys. We have two very special individuals with us, Austin Dillon and Paul Swan. Let me tell you something quick RCR Racing. You see it on my get up when I have taking place right here. These boys came in with a hell of a lot of energy. Ad over here, walks up or like, hey, hit a couple. You have two options when it comes to the bench press. You can hit one or two just approved of the world that you guys are truly athletes. Or you can set the fucking tone.
Speaker 1: Set the tone.
Speaker 2: Set the tone with sixty round up aplause.
Speaker 1: Right there, I said fifteen and that guy got sixteen.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to end at twelve. I thought he was going to end at twelve.
Speaker 1: He ain't.
Speaker 2: At all talk to me about your your two love story. Also, was it Life in the Fast Line?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Reality I was in there. I watch what we watched like a trailer for it. They did that. What was what was the process of jumping into reality TV? I know that was probably a very smooth transition from for me.
Speaker 1: I love Ca came on, You're like cameras on showing up Austin he was. He's a little more hesitant with it.
Speaker 3: I'd say, I got to play dad my entire life with Paul. Yeah, absolutely anything goes with him. So I'm always the restrictor plate. Yeah, it's speedway racing without a restrictor. Played with Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's physical, beats you around a little bit. And when I saw the trailer it seemed like your wife. It was more in the Paul lane of like, oh yeah, she's one hundred miles she's always talk about it.
Speaker 3: Merrill and I are more in line on like the way we.
Speaker 1: Do things, and no doubt he's He's had to have some tough talks to me before and kind of kind of pull the reins in and stoled me a little bit.
Speaker 2: You're just a Labrador Retriever man ship in the house. It's like, hey, like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I am growing up a lot.
Speaker 3: Like we did have a YouTube show together, like we we had the Barn.
Speaker 1: We had a little podcast going back in the day, the game.
Speaker 3: We gave up.
Speaker 2: Shout out that you want to be great quit.
Speaker 3: We had McCaffrey on there. We had a bunch of crys Lane.
Speaker 1: We had some good people come on, we have fun with it.
Speaker 3: We won the five hundred. I did a show right after the five hundred on it. You know, Paul loved to have a full glass of whatever he wanted in there, so it got pretty wild.
Speaker 1: The tequi Ye, a little something, a little tequil water having fun, Yeah exact?
Speaker 2: Is that your go to tequila?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Every time? What about you?
Speaker 3: Truthfully, I don't drink is that much? But like, but if you were to have one, like I like, I like tequila, but I want to go beer more now. Yeah, Like just a nice draft.
Speaker 2: A nice bud light, nice clean crisp delicious. So this Jack and coke be good to coke salt. Yeah, somebody, somebody some of that Coca cola. Nice smooth it on a hot summer day, when you've got a good sweat, when you have a little sip.
Speaker 3: Of that, that's the best after race drink. Not gonna lie, really, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that you know about that? I do.
Speaker 3: I do it every time.
Speaker 1: You know, really, you're actually like.
Speaker 3: An ice cull coke after sweating for four hours.
Speaker 2: You're a pull from the handle type of guy.
Speaker 1: You got that guy back in the day. He's the best drink you can possibly Back in the day, used to carry a backpack around two leaders in there.
Speaker 2: Of those camel backpacks.
Speaker 1: You have it there, just ready to go back there getting a nice little drink. We were just getting a good drink. I love that.
Speaker 2: And so you say he's grown up a lot. Yes, okay, give me like an image of Paul Swan when you first met him, because you, guys, what you have known it for over a decade.
Speaker 3: So Paul came in, his mane was flowing, had a chain and diamond studs in the ears.
Speaker 1: You got to go back to the big cub, bro. I try to find the biggest you gotta have it. My dad.
Speaker 2: My dad told me growing up, He's like right there, the dirty slick with the big cubic z's. That's a crazy combination of the That was the mafia. Pinstripe suit with the cubic circonium earrings.
Speaker 1: The pin stripes was all the rage back in the twenty tens.
Speaker 2: They you are right about that, because like when I my dad told me growing up his main tattoo as you want just don't get here. I don't know. It was a weird thing for him. Guy grew up in Minnesota. Yeah, So as soon as I got to college, turned eighteen, and like a couple of weeks in, I'm like, I'm getting my ears, Pierce, get my ears, Pierce, have some gauges. For a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was the man.
Speaker 2: I thought I was the man.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have your ears piers? No? No, yeah, you're way, yeah your way.
Speaker 3: My grandfather would take the belt.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff. Huh, we don't do that. We don't do that. Where where'd you grow up at? North Carolina? North Carolina? And was racing always what you wanted to do growing up?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I grew around it because my dad raced. My grandfather but I played other sports. I loved sports in general. I stopped growing after twelve, so it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: To keep going. Yeah, but at twelve, you're a monster. Yeah, were you the cat like a twelve year old that was like you hit pubretty faster than everybody else.
Speaker 3: No, I was still small, really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The littlest guy on the team, Scrapp, he.
Speaker 1: Was a dog out there at shortstop.
Speaker 3: Robbie was Shortie, My boy, Robbie. Uh we turned a double play in the region Southeast Region got Sports Center top day.
Speaker 2: It was like, Harold, how awesome is that? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, dude gets washed talking baseball. You got you got a little baseball prowess. We saw that first pitch.
Speaker 2: See my work.
Speaker 1: We said, we sen your game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be honest with you, dude, it's never really been great. Like I grew up like baseball in the like, Yeah that photo put that up.
Speaker 1: That's when I was training him.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: I was under cod.
Speaker 3: Four four five in the morning, just crush.
Speaker 1: It, sneaking into the weight room during COVID wheneverything. I showed up with a new haircut one day and they freaked out on me because they're like, did you go get your hair cut? And I'm like, well, yeah, like I needed a cut. I don't want to and they're like, oh, yeah, you get a haircut. You gotta get a haircut, big mask g and he's so he stormed out. I can't be around you.
Speaker 2: I was pregnant at the time, fair enough, My wife was pregnant during COVID too, and that was a because you hear although the war stories that took place, like if you have COVID, Like I got COVID two or three weeks before my second daughter was born. I felt victim victim. Yeah, hey listen, I'm still here on you are yeah, and I get it. And it was like still in the like hey, like what it's like. Are people really just dying left, right and center on this thing? And so my wife was giving birth like three weeks and she's like, if you test positive, they could take our baby. There was always the fear thing taking place. I ended up being fined about a week before ended up having Maybe everything worked out, but the pregnancy game is kind of terrifying during that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as safe as we couldn't, this guy's a wild card.
Speaker 1: So right, still trying to go hang out, do stuff, have fun, and I mean, how dare you? They were getting on me about it. I can't help myself.
Speaker 2: To get out there, out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did be free.
Speaker 3: I know he's also got that blood where he just never gets sick. I don't he licks commercial plane seats.
Speaker 2: Seemed to do it. Yeah, I see, ye, you were part of that TikTok trend, weren't you. Well see some people walking up to and people's chewed gum. I don't want to try that, dude.
Speaker 1: I have no problem doing that. My wife is like she's big jermophobe and like she does not like when I do stuff like that. So we got on the plane.
Speaker 2: People do we do? We are on a pocket? Have you actually licked a seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm getting it. So I just wanted to like prove to her like I wasn't gonna get sick. And I said, Mary, ill watch this, and I gave a little lick and she's like she was ready to annihilate me. She wanted to get off the plane. She didn't want to go where we're going anymore. We landed and she's like, I can't believe you did that. I'm so sick of you doing this. Stuff disgusted. Yeah, we're gonna have problems. And I'm like, wow, all right, so you're really made. Don't do that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't like planes. Yeah we just told a full grown adult to not do that. That's a crazy move.
Speaker 1: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I didn't get sick. You're We'll get into that, but you are.
Speaker 2: So do you ever think about, like you hear about all these like things that people learn, like, uh, there's like there's therapeutic things you can do in like Indonesia where they take like a toad poison and they scrape you and then you all of a sudden have like a hallucinogenic like coming to Jesus. Yeah, ayahuasca. It's like I sometimes think to myself, like how do these people figure that stuff out? And you are one of those people that figure that stuff out. It could be one of the test is no you were Yeah, if we were a caveman, you'd be like, what's this toad taste like? And then all of a sudden the poison would take over your body?
Speaker 1: But then I just get it out of me. I'd be fine, I'd be Okay. I believe that you truly have built in.
Speaker 2: A lab kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, is he ever?
Speaker 2: Is our boy swaning love the death. Let's pretend like he's not here right now a little too much for.
Speaker 3: You, Uh, At times he's definitely been there. Like it's mostly because we're really tight and everybody like sees this as like, I don't know when he thinks of like pit crew, it's me and Paul. I feel like, so when he does something it's like a representative of myself sometimes. So I'm like, bro, they link us together, right, and if we're both being jackasses, like, it's not going to look great.
Speaker 2: On us in the end.
Speaker 3: Only one was like one time that was like I had to have a hey.
Speaker 2: Brod Pinehurst and I wasn't with him at the time.
Speaker 3: I just saw it he posted on social.
Speaker 2: Do you care to explain it to the audience?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a fire breathing dragon with tequila and he took a bunch of tequila, blew it across a fire and just got up and you know it was a lot.
Speaker 1: I climbed. I climbed. It was at my boy's bachelor party. I climbed to the top of this like twenty foot outdoor fireplace.
Speaker 3: I was up by I think life in the fast Lane was going on at this time too, Like so yes, already kind of edgy. I mean you're you're trying to take care of great partners that we have on in NASCAR.
Speaker 1: We have the best, the.
Speaker 2: Best partners, like the best Yeah, shout up.
Speaker 1: Shout Winchester.
Speaker 3: So you know it's one of those things. And and it pops up on social like I'm at a racetrack the day before he gets there, so he was out golfing, so he's got to be ready for race day and it was like the day day or two before. He's always right, law, I'm always ready. I will say this as far as people that are committed and going to be in the gym, like if you want to kill somebody, I know where to find him every day. At the same time, if I have something cool going on other than busting with boys, I he jump on this. But like if I had some legit opportunity to go do something, he really have to think about it, or he'll go in two hours early to get his work out in like nice seen him flying from California and not go sleep, just go straight to the gym.
Speaker 2: It means more.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: It was required, so I'm never worried about the preparation. It's just the image. And then when the tequila fire breath and dragon that was one, and then like I don't really have.
Speaker 1: To you know.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm a targarian and I went right at the camera and I like almost hit the camera and like that's probably badass. It was honestly, did you delete the post? I did? Fortunately I did.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you know what, maybe I thought you did because we would have might have archived it.
Speaker 1: So it's it's it's probably still are in there. He's got it, so maybe I'll drop it one of these days.
Speaker 2: Put it back out there as a as a sponsor. Ever called you about Paul.
Speaker 3: No, just you know, maybe a executive at our company maybe like hey, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the w W stuff your pick crew guys doing. We probably toned that down.
Speaker 1: Just the sponsors.
Speaker 2: He and I've had that conversation. People have had that conversation with me too. Absolutely, GM pulls in the office be like, hey, we appreciate what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's pretty much.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of stuff, but you need maybe just tone.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, turn turn the volume down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're like me, like I'm an overcompensate guy. Like if you tell me, hey, I need to do this better, I'll do that far this way. And it's like, okay, come back a little bit.
Speaker 3: You've never seen him go that way, never done that. He just kind of one step.
Speaker 2: And yeah, maybe Labrador retriever.
Speaker 3: Dude, why is the best restrict plate? Truthfully for him? She knows how to get there.
Speaker 1: Both of them, Austin and my wife are like they nice to have that. I need a guy right there. Yeah, will Hey, shout out Willie vacations. I hope I'm doing justice to your I hope I'm doing justice. You're a chair brother. We miss you.
Speaker 2: We don't even know where he's at right now. We thought he was going for the longest time, then all of a sudden became Austria.
Speaker 1: Just pops, two different pops about nowhere, right, yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Nuts, probably hanging out with the Austrian team. I think their own vacation too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always vacation. Sorry for you can't have it one bit. So let's let's jump back a little bit. You were a big baseball guy. You were in the baseball quite a bit it and then when did you know, like, all right, I'm I'm my dad's done it, my grandfather's Like when am I going to dive into what seems like the family tradition?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my brother, Uh he wanted to go test a race car and uh that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Look at those caterpillars, baby brow you plu I had full too.
Speaker 3: That was probably shaved.
Speaker 2: I mean that's one swipe of the razors down the No, like you didn't you didn't try to do anything pretty with too hard. Speaking of pluck, my guy, you know he plucks his beard, big plucker.
Speaker 3: That's psycho, not the whole thing. He plucks his.
Speaker 1: Beard to get the line nice like you got it. You don't want to anybody want to make it. So I gotta pluck. I gotta pluck one.
Speaker 2: Get a guy with a razor to do because you have a great.
Speaker 1: Don't trust anybody with my beard.
Speaker 2: Okay, these targarians many it's beautiful, dude, Like I can't grow a beer like this is this is your stash is luscious. I haven't shaved it or trimmed it up in months.
Speaker 1: Hell it was so wasn't there a bet between you and Orlavski and you were gonna have to shave the mustache right and not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of moving parts in that bet. It was and I swear a d We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get back to you.
Speaker 2: I promised talk about your national career at some point. There was a bet between us where it was between you. It was Yukon and Michigan and the national championship for basketball. He has to wear an earring for thirty days done. He still hasn't done it. This guy is all about chess though, Like he's like, all do it sometime in July when everything's kind of down, because like it's a dead period for ESPN.
Speaker 1: You got to do it when you're when you're hot.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it when you're hot. Yeah, And I had like I would dye my hair blue. I was willing to do whatever right because you were confident. I'm confident and I love like guy to guy bets. I love like I love money bets as well, But I don't like I think I like taking someone's pride, like taking something fat sucked the life out of Will, like Will during the Nebraska mission game this year, he had to shave his head he had to bicket kind of.
Speaker 1: Looked not bad, looked pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was worried for Will that he wasn't even going to be able to wasn't gonna come back and it's back to normal now. But Dan, I had to do a whole bunch of things and he was look at that. That doesn't even look like disgusting, dude.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're still handsome. Thanks dude.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. My kids Will they saw me. I lost this bet that was to Jack McPherson. Our balls sicko. He yeah, there, he is right there. There was a mustache bet to shave versus Tennessee and Vanderbilt, and I was like kind of high on Vanderbilt, but I was more like trying to raz with Jack because jackets he he if he gets in his feelings a little bit with Tennessee, Like that's a fun world to go down to three percussions. The next few months are tough, but like that day is really fun. And he ended up winning that bet. So I lost that the mustache. It's just an idea.
Speaker 1: You look, I mean, honestly, it's growing on me. You look handsome there, thank you. I look at big boy though, let's go down to the Yeah, we're out there. One to the left, one to the left.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So that's when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you remember it was a Spy Kids. Yeah, yeah, do you remember the show Spy Kids? And there's the thumbs that all bad guys like, that's what I had, no job thumb.
Speaker 1: You got a little val Kilmer.
Speaker 2: Look they see the dangle of the hair your uncle berry. So yeah, I would go with the mustache, but I look at it, you know, like a bullfrog with this neck. So I kind of always had like the pubic hair beard. Could never grow that. Yeah, could never go that. But so you decided to do Nascar.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's do one more. Get that top left to one of that the top left photo, keep going top right photo. Excuse me, I'm sorry. Oh look at the combine photo right there.
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 2: That's a unit.
Speaker 1: You got the bulge out and everything.
Speaker 2: Bulge were come on a ken doll right there, and that's tough. It's top being three ten. Dude, you're like, yeah, I look good. You put the pan next on you even think about it. That thing be surfaces and I swear to god, there.
Speaker 1: Boys better than that.
Speaker 2: It's not much better than that, but it's better than that.
Speaker 1: Back in the showers, back in the college days, there's some big.
Speaker 2: Boys in there that yeah, dude, offensive lineman's a button on the suit coat. It's just terrible. And then you got these dbs walking around like how the fun? It's like crazy, you know, talking about.
Speaker 1: You've been in the group showers before. Come on, that's a lot of fair.
Speaker 2: Skinned individuals and Lascar. How we do how much of this is getting cut? By the way, are we doing?
Speaker 1: Okay? Here are we doing? All right?
Speaker 2: This is an awesome podcast, busting with the boys as it gets right. Now you're choosing, Yes, you're into baseball, you're not growing, you're a hell of a second base. Then you're killing you're thinking about the Little League World Series all those things and when are you? When is somebody coaching?
Speaker 1: Be like?
Speaker 2: Racing is your move or is it? Like all the passions took over.
Speaker 3: No, my brother he wanted to go race. So we got our first test and things went pretty well. Started running these Bandalaro cars together about the same age. He's two years younger than me, and yeah, just progress through the ranks and went dirt racing, which was my favorite part of it. I mean, you run like fifty races a year around fifteen sixteen years old, traveling southeast Midwest. I'd leave on Thursdays from school and be gone on the weekends.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was epic all the way through high school.
Speaker 2: And your family's all about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean that's all my family knew. My mom, you know, she grew up around my dad and my grandfather racing, and so she was ready for it. And uh yeah, I would always I'd win a couple of races and move up. Then my brother would come through and dominate, and then I'd win a couple of races and move up, and then we just kind.
Speaker 2: Of went that way, no doubt, just like one after another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of would set the tone where they'd get like a baseline set up for the cars and then we'd go to the next level.
Speaker 1: His dad might to the Hurricane was his nickname. Yeah, yeah, how about you that name the Hurricane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they could never build a race car fast enough for him, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, baby. Well hold on, he's a badass.
Speaker 2: He's just a guy that's foot to the floor.
Speaker 1: He is one of the craziest.
Speaker 2: He broke the wall. Time he broke a wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hurricane, let's elaborate.
Speaker 2: Let's elaborate on that a little bit.
Speaker 3: They could never build a race car though, to hold him.
Speaker 1: Hold up that one with the right there where he's where he's in the right there looking at him.
Speaker 2: That's a guy smoking a marble.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He's cursing somebody out. That's mid curse somebody out.
Speaker 3: That's big d It's Mike Dillon.
Speaker 1: You think I'm wild back in his heyday, he was. He's a wild man, dude.
Speaker 2: When you you talked about your mom was being onto it. We had Kyle Larson on the podcast last week and he's in where where was it? So he's out, he's out on the porch and he's talking about his wife and how she grew up in the racing world and all that.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I saw you guys ask about his kids. A tough question, the question which one is?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: Which one has it? Which one has it?
Speaker 1: Tough?
Speaker 2: How many kids you have? How which one has it?
Speaker 3: Three and six?
Speaker 2: They're they're not in it yet right now?
Speaker 1: And which one? Which one?
Speaker 2: Do you look at the personal I'd be like this ones. Man, I'm not gonna give it up yet.
Speaker 3: Come on this, yeah, blaze. My daughter is super feisty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like Ace and I have sent similar temperament, so you'll see when they develop. I feel like, you know, like I want them to. I like I started a little later than most. I start when I was fourteen. You know, kids are starting to like seven eight, and uh actually I had the conversation with Kyle Busch about Brexton and you know he started at six, and he was like, man, I would wait at least till eight to get it in there with the kids and running and stuff. So I want him to play other sports. I want him to play everything and then understand what it's like being on a team too. Because a lot of race car drivers they just go straight into racing. So I feel like they missed that team aspect of understanding how to like talk and hang with the pit crew and understand like what they're going through. Some guys just get in there, yeah, some guys just get in there and drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I call that like the go kart mentality, where like you're Dale earn Hard at six years old and you think you've already made it so like I want to to play other things and win, lose and understand the team aspect of it before they go racing.
Speaker 2: That that makes a whole lot of sense. It's but from a racing standpoint, Like Larson's wife, he's super into it. Your mom was super into it when you met your wife. Was she like in the world of NASCAR when you met her or did she? Did she understand the amount of Like I mean, you guys race ye around, especially Kyle like racing. Yeah, it's insane how much you guys are racing and working stuff like that. So it takes a unique spouse to be able to handle all those things. You said you had a unique story, Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my wife cheered at the Titans. Paul's did too. So when I met Whitney the first race, like I I was talking to her and I tore down the catch fans at Daytona like one of the worst crash pretty crazy we pulled, did we see a couple of weeks ago? So you tore down the fence.
Speaker 1: We thought we thought he was dead. We were at the box, like he wasn't talking on the rad I.
Speaker 3: Just watched eight seconds before this race, So I get out and do the Lane Frost wave right after I tear the fence down.
Speaker 1: It's prettle. It's yeah, you know, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And what a time to meet your wife just this day before I won the race.
Speaker 3: I won the Infinity Race the day before and during the time, she was kind of talking to me, and she ended up being at like a lake party and ended up seeing the race I won and like takes a picture with the TV sends it to me and I'm like, oh, yeah, we're in.
Speaker 1: It's oh daughter.
Speaker 3: The only reason I got her number is because this guy in the truck series that I used to help. He was on the lower end of the truck series. Name's Clay Greenfield, and he had asked different stuff, Clay Maker, I need this girl's number because I saw her at race and she was working the Monster Energy booth and uh, He's like, oh man, I got you. His wife, Tandra was on the Titans cheerleader, so they get us together and like get a phone conversation going. So we started texting during that win the race. So there's the Lane Frost race. But the next day, like I text her like after the Cup races because it ended like three in the morning and I'm like, hey, I'm okay, and she's like, oh cool, do you win again? And I'm like, no, just turn on the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want award for best crash ever in NASCAR.
Speaker 3: Won the Race of Life.
Speaker 2: And that's not a profile picture, dude, it needs to be.
Speaker 3: That's a Facebook profile pict grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm flying through the I don't know what's going on quote for sure. And so she you hit her up say hey, by the way, I'm fine, thanks for asking. Did you win? And that's when you knew it was baby. Yeah, she's dialed in.
Speaker 3: So we go to the next weekend and they come to Kentucky and she's like, I can only come with my friends. Come like, yeah, cool, that's fine with me, and.
Speaker 1: Finds them out on the PJ. No, not true. They came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went in a rental car.
Speaker 3: They came out from.
Speaker 2: Southwest first and it works out the real ones got you on Spirit Airlines.
Speaker 1: Are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: She shows up to the track and I knew I was toast right when she showed up. I looked at my other buddy, Austin Craven was like, this ain't.
Speaker 1: Good, which by the way, the girls thought they were coming to the Kentucky Derbyss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saturday to the Infinity Race, and we I walk them up there and it was meryol And and Whitney and we and we go and watch the Saturday race and we're coming back and I can hear him talking in the background and Merrill goes, so this is the Is this the Kentucky Derby? And Whitney goes, yeah, maybe I think so. But and I was like, oh man, I love these girls like they don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that night we end up having like a bus party in my bus and girls are doing dance.
Speaker 1: Routines, theeerleading routine and.
Speaker 3: The next day so it was it was good times in there. Paul came back to the to the motor home. We're all hanging out. I won her over.
Speaker 2: I did the magic Mike dance move.
Speaker 1: And he's got some movies.
Speaker 2: He got something he can dance. I'll tell you what, you little people to sleep. You put up sixteen reps on bench press, and now you're talking about your moves. It's kind of like you had a full talents like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same same night, my dad's.
Speaker 1: Over there and he was letting the moves off.
Speaker 2: He was he was hanging out and.
Speaker 3: Like my mom said, hey, it's time to go, like your time is up, and uh, he goes, I hope she don't break your heart. And I'm like, oh, thanks, dad, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah right then and there, uh huh yeah.
Speaker 3: And so anyways, that night we ended up started watching Uh we watched Days of Thunder because they didn't anyth about naturalist Like, hey, we're gonna watch Days of.
Speaker 1: Thunder nights to teach me. We'll get into.
Speaker 3: Full education. And I'm like, you will teach you about the draft and Days of Thunder. You know the part in Days of Thunder brother, the Draft.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, brother, all right, you gotta go watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So anyways, Tom Cruise has got this girl in there and he's teaching her the draft on her leg with like the what is that like a what's the stuff you put in the sugar packets? Yeah, like sugar package or something. He showing all the draft in the leg. It's like a scene. I was like, teach about the draft before the movie starts. I'm like, yeah, you'll learn about the draft. She was like oh, I know what the draft is.
Speaker 1: He was getting ready.
Speaker 3: He's and she's, oh, honey, I know what the draft is. I'm in the NFL. And I'm like, I said, oh, confident.
Speaker 1: What year is this? Two thousand and fifteen? Fifteen? Okay, okay, my brain June of twenty fifteen, I believe.
Speaker 3: So anyways, I'm like no, and she's like, what do you mean, like the military draft. I'm like, jeez, we're really we don't have any clue.
Speaker 1: But it's great because they knew nothing about anything. They were just so green.
Speaker 2: But her was refreshing to you. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: But her dad dirt bike race so she knew like racing from that side of the things, like dirt bike racing. And he's a g NCC racer.
Speaker 1: Well especially for him because like you know, a lot of these women they're waffle bellies, pitt lizards and.
Speaker 2: You know, I had to run in with a pitt lizard in Nashville and there was one and it was his talent. A good night as it come, and she was like screaming on the edge you guys are going on. She's like, go get them, baby, go get them. And I'm like, oh, which what's one of you?
Speaker 1: Wish she goes?
Speaker 2: You know how it is, like those are fake things, just trying to real one. It's it's like that.
Speaker 1: Huh oh, I love it. You know how it is.
Speaker 2: You know how it is. I'm just trying to get one of them. I'm like, oh, ship, I've heard about y'all.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to see one in the warm about you guys all the time. I'm seeing one live right now. It's crazy. I'm close and personal. Lizard.
Speaker 3: You don't know waffle waffle belly. They the catch fence and you get a tan when their shirts up and.
Speaker 1: When okay car, you know, sometimes the cars are stopped for bags, and so they're trying to get a hold of the drivers up against the fence, and that chainling fence leaves a little waffle on their belly.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you've never heard about the waffle bell.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard about the waffle I am now privy to the waffle bear.
Speaker 1: We go.
Speaker 3: They're not in dangered species.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's good. They're thriving. Yeah, because a matter if it's cold or hot.
Speaker 1: Don't matter what series it is. They're just looking for one that gets behind the wheels. Good Man.
Speaker 2: Talent, dude, talent drives this economy.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what you need.
Speaker 2: What uh, just being more in preview of the game of Nascar, what's your thought on the waxing crescent?
Speaker 1: Do you you guys that I've been I've been hearing a lot about this with the with the episodes. I'm not privy doing. I'm just worried about doing fast stop kind.
Speaker 2: Of grossy like a pick grill. I should know about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not the one driving the car. He's probably the one who knows a little more about it.
Speaker 3: Grip is up. Some of my best races have been on a waxing crescent. I think the three other of my wins have been on a waxing crescent. So you know, Noah brought that information.
Speaker 1: What do we got this weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What kind of what's the what's the lunar cycle looking like this week Cagland, Illinois? We got to see what that is?
Speaker 1: What kind of moon we got the old lunar calendar, Well we got here full moon. So the waxing crescent, what it's it's the like the toenail moon, right, Yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Know you gotta Yeah, you just know you're a wake up and throttle pedals down.
Speaker 2: Something about a wax and crescent and your dad the hurricane. Those two individuals got along real.
Speaker 3: He didn't understand that information. That's why he hit the wall as hard as he was.
Speaker 1: Just fast all the time. Baby, all go, I kind of mess with that, dude. We got this. There's this big his parents live on the lake down in North Carolina, and there's this huge train bridge that we jump off of in the summer and we climb up at like it's it looks high, but when you get up there, it's even higher. And like you know, me and some of the boys were just kind of like stepping off and like landing will Mike. His dad gets up there literally like jumps up as high as he can, does a big can open her in and just he's like whoa.
Speaker 2: He gets as just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some about those guys that just don't have no fear fear factor.
Speaker 1: Gets on a dirt bike or jump a big ass tabletop jump like it's nothing.
Speaker 2: I remember whether I was in a bartlettle lake one time with my buddy and it was a weekend it was like four or five of us, and there was like these little cliffs you could jump off. It was like twenty feet, forty feet, sixty eighty and then one hundred eat and on the on the top of the hundred was the place you could drive up to. I didn't know, so we climb up there. We did the twenty, did the forty to the sixty eighty six, pretty good sixty little something, so that that was enough for me to be like, I'm good on that. There's too much air by me. Yeah, we're up on this one hundred foot one and this jeep, this like blacked out jeep pulls up some metablitia guy with this hat like yeah, yeah, you had the spy glasses, had a tattoos of pistols in his waistband and does he even like walks up to it like yeah something like when gunned up for sure, comes up gainers off the hundred. Doesn't even look give me to do like one of those who like look down and ripped.
Speaker 1: And I was like, some of these motherfuckers people don't have fear. Yeah, crazy, it is nuts.
Speaker 2: So the waxing Christal, we don't have a waxing crescent this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's a winning cres.
Speaker 2: Winning slick.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I like low grip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like low grip, low grip? Yeah? You like riding on the fence is what you like?
Speaker 1: Dude? I can you can't.
Speaker 2: You've done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many people have ever done that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You mean in the fence? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: Sometimes unfortunately, Let's get to the nitty gritty of Nascar, dude. I've heard a lot of different reviews when it comes to Talladega Nights. You guys, you even took a little shot at Talladega Nights.
Speaker 1: I'm not a shot. This is a pro.
Speaker 2: I'm a pro Taladiga night. Guy. I'm not saying you shouldn't have your truth as well, but I would love to know your thought because I've heard people say it's a mockery of the sport, and I've also heard that it's a documentary.
Speaker 3: Days it's thunder is the movie for our sport?
Speaker 2: That's the one. Yeah, you Ricky, Bobby, you're not a shaking hilarious though. It's I love Money.
Speaker 1: I love the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a yeah, yeah, I would never doubt that, but you never doubt that you love that movie. Absolutely, But you when you watch that when it came out with two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of truth to it. It's funny.
Speaker 2: And I do love like a it's fun to stereotype. It's fun to do that sometimes, and just I think it adds to the sport of all that because even me, it's like when we're getting into the NASCAR driving ahead. First, it's like, oh yeah, turn left, pedal left, war do your thing. Yeah, oh there's a couple of road courses. I learned about that, Yeah, ovals only. But then you learn about like drafting. The two guys were telling me about the bubble. There's a bubble. Yeah, yeah, they were talking about bubbles. How you're like, go around guy, And it's just it's a fascinating how much strategy goes into it.
Speaker 3: I was trying to teach my wife about the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it didn't work from that movie.
Speaker 2: So it didn't work out that you guys, you can get to touch the leg space No, not that night. That's okay.
Speaker 1: That probably paid off more to a leg twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all you need too. I got three. You know, my wife's doing a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So I got you the other one on the way, let's.
Speaker 2: Go the other one on the word three girls a girl dad, nothing, we got that on we got that. Nothing, we got that, We got Yes, I have I'm with you. I told my wife and I will have as many kids as you want. But if i have two girls in a row, I'm done. I'm not gonna be the guy that chases.
Speaker 1: The boy over and over seven kids.
Speaker 2: Tony Dues the uh. He's a running bass coach for the Titans or was. He's at the Patriots now, but he was at Michigan when he recruited me from Arizona, and he had four girls, and he's like, I'm, you know, chasing that and I've just seen like so many coaches like that. I'm not going to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Salad. He's got a whole fleet, right, dude.
Speaker 2: They've all got yes, Saul. He's like a book a Mormon type of guy, a bunch of yeah, but hole got a whole army. And I'm just like my wife talks me into it. And my biggest regretting our marriage. We've been married for ten years, ten years. In April her Yeah, I fought her from what six to zero, Like my youngest will be six when this one is born, and it's like, damn, I wish I had a couple more in there now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at so you talk about like boy girl having a boy girl. My old teammate Paul Minard, he was trying to have a boy like legit and he he said he was icing his balls before.
Speaker 1: Whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: That's a real thing. We have a teammate, Ben Jones, and he could always say he had a girl first. And then he started to read all these things, no joke. Having a shot of caffeine. He would take a shot of Coca cola right before there was his balls, ice balls, and he would get in the hot tub up to his knees. Because there's a there's a theory and you can look this up Chef's ball. See.
Speaker 3: His theory was wearing race cars so much like the whole garage had girls. I had a boy first time, but the whole garage is having a.
Speaker 1: Right weird flex girls.
Speaker 3: The hot like thing was all the drivers are in their hot racecars one hundred and twenty degrees have kids, and it was all coming out girls.
Speaker 2: There's like a so your decentage of athletes that play like to have high intensity sports like football player. I think baseball's a little like butotball, hockey, basketball guys, high.
Speaker 1: Team guys, girls.
Speaker 2: But dudes that are running around a lot like it, like I guess exposes your balls so it kills the boys. That's what got away with it.
Speaker 3: Huh see, I used another trick.
Speaker 1: What was your trick?
Speaker 3: There's this bracelet that told us when.
Speaker 1: Calendar nolation bracelet. But you're a man, you don't ovulate.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't war he does though, you know they we don't.
Speaker 1: They do they do the three.
Speaker 3: Years ago that the second time, we didn't use anything, just.
Speaker 1: Just went for it. It was perfect. You got one of each? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you done with the kids shutting it down?
Speaker 1: He wants to have a ton's I'm on this. Me and my wife are going back and forth right now.
Speaker 3: Oh you're getting ready to have one. He's on he's on deck.
Speaker 2: How many? How many guys?
Speaker 1: We got one? Just one?
Speaker 2: You got to get it a friend?
Speaker 1: I know, man, you have to. She has she's got friends.
Speaker 3: He's got to as she's got she got friends with their kids.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're at home it's just like my kids now five and eight will be six. And actually that was like the story of life in the fast Lane. Truthfully, maryl had to do the whole show pregnant.
Speaker 1: She had to do be on TV pro was that for her? She was like, she crushed it, but she was like she was kind of bummed that she was pregnant during because you know, you know women are when they're pregnant. Honey, I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about you know what I mean? Like it? She like there's a there's I mean, the hormones are going all over the place. Yeah, so there's a level of second guessing that takes place. I can't imagine. This is the first season.
Speaker 1: She's pretty She was an absolute superhero on the show. Yeah, when traveled all over over the place, upraised, I mean up until she had the baby. We were filming, Yeah, they were, and they were they came to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yes, no way.
Speaker 1: So I was. I was actually squatting, getting pumping out some sets in the weight room. I get a call. Of course I missed it because I had to finish my set. And then I go back to the phone. Mary's mom, I'm like, oh, I better call him, so pause the workout. Call maryl I'm like, hey, what's going on? Or right? Maybe I call her mom and she's like her water just broke. We got to go to the hospital. I'm like, oh, all right, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: He said, I gotta go finish.
Speaker 2: Two more sets.
Speaker 1: I got all right, I'm coming. I'm like, I got two more sets, So pump those sets out quick. Got my protra.
Speaker 2: Psychopathy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to get my set.
Speaker 3: You know, like you're having a day and like you're gonna call your buddy like, hey man, I got this whatever going on. He'll answer the phone, and I know when I got no shot at talking to him. His answer, he's he like heavy breathing. I think he does it on purpose to make sure he is like mid workout. He's like, oh, can I just call you after I get it. I'm like, yeah, dude, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So I.
Speaker 1: R I rushed home. We get we get in the car, I call my producer. He was actually filming a scene with Austin. This was a good set. That's a real good set. How much wait is this? It was like six hundred something.
Speaker 2: I think this is when you were like super sinning U eating anything.
Speaker 1: Yea with the mustache too. I had the mustache rocking back in the day.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt with your jaw line of mustache.
Speaker 1: It was good favor. Yeah, we were come on, I love that shot. Dude. What's better than pumping in the weight room? Brother?
Speaker 2: I don't know if there is anything putting your hands on a couple of guys, you know what's fun? You know what you know is better than that, having like four to five drinks and wrestling with your brothers. That's that's top autely much fun.
Speaker 1: To me and uh me and his dad we had a we had a big slapping match back in the day, as hard as we could in the bellies, just for whoever gave out first, And like, that's the most fun stuff.
Speaker 2: You're the definition of toxics masculine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it is so so hard.
Speaker 2: Did you ever, uh you saw boxing and football?
Speaker 1: I wasn't really into it, wasn't We had guys in the locker room would do it all the time and I'd like watching it, but yeah, I never really got into it.
Speaker 2: Look at this, that's vulcanofs. He's one hundred and seventy pounds. You saw that a couple of shots to the face. Just now though.
Speaker 1: Did he put it on you in there?
Speaker 2: But he put it on me. And there's one you'll see in a second when he's like you can literally start.
Speaker 3: Where you feel like when he was around you right there, did it feel like your lungs were collapsing? No?
Speaker 2: I felt good. Right there we go, He's like, go hard, go hard here, So I go. I'm not going super hard because I'm thinking to myself like this is I don't want to kill the guy.
Speaker 1: I hurt him.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, oh, I fucking got you, And he's like, no, I'm fine. I'm like, how the funk work?
Speaker 1: You're supposed to tap?
Speaker 2: And we have all our boys in that little stream area and it's like they're all just kind of crowd around his His team's there, his coach is there, and we're enjoying it. And his coach is like, all right, one more. He's like a worried about getting hurt, and I'm like, oh, yeah, we should definitely stop a fight coming out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I don't want to hurt you. Man. You're not going to hurt me? Yeah? Me, And I'm not going to hurt you.
Speaker 2: It was insane. And then the most impressive thing about the beginning of that video is we're right out here and we're like grabbing each other. I'm like, this fucker is strong. And then he's in slides. Dude, he's just chilling, and I'm like, you know, played football, feel like I understand the body. But these wrestlers, man, they're just different. Yeah, dude, right here, Yeah, dude. I was in Vegas. I was in the at the cosmon I was going up in elevator and these like these kids like five or six from came in. They're streaming and they're in their like early twenties, and they're like, oh, man, you're tall.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, fu shit, So I'm I'm six seven. Like I'm like, yeah, gentlemen, We're gonna take a small break in this electric episode to give you what people need when they want to put the work in. That's Form Energy Form Energy. They deliver the best in class taste with natural flavors and zero sugar. Form has natural caffeine derived from green tea, A little bit Healthier for You, comes in a variety of flavors, screaming freedom. It is the two hundred fifteth Anniversity of this beautiful country that's probably going and drink this weekend grape smashed blue Blitz Orange Ferry. It's perfect for those who put in the work form energy. We do the work early mornings, you do the work, sleepless nights, with a newborn baby. You do the work. Anytime you need to put a little extra work in form. Iages there to gas you back up. Let's get back into this awesome Racing with the Boys episode.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about Daytona and when we won in your your voice afterwards the video.
Speaker 1: Do the YouTube video week This.
Speaker 2: Is a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: So I didn't sleep that night. We I mean, we got our ass tattoos. We stayed up all night even after the race. After the race, yeah, Austin was still, oh yeah, there we go. Look at the boy getting tad. We had the whole crew in there.
Speaker 2: Get How the tattoos do you have?
Speaker 1: I got three on my ass?
Speaker 2: Okay, he's moved, dude, he's got.
Speaker 1: Dude. I did that with this arms crazy. Yeah, bro, it works good, it works great.
Speaker 2: It's the Peako laser right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Hurts.
Speaker 2: I had like pussballs dangling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my blisters were so bad. It was during race season, so I'm like pitting and then I'm running to the bathroom in Miami, hot as fuck and wiping, washing, getting these blisters clean because I didn't want him to a scar. And then I put my fireproof underwear back on, go out and do another pit stop. Come back to the bathroom with my little hand, so wash it again, go back and pit. It was miserable. Brutal, yeah, brutal.
Speaker 2: But three ass tattoos and you thought that's the area.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Some people get shoulder sleeves, some people get you back back action. I get a you know, an ass patch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ass patches?
Speaker 1: What you want?
Speaker 2: Right about? I've ever got. I don't have an as tattoos one of the only places. But I would love to get like a it doesn't pocket.
Speaker 1: Maybe a cigarette hanging on.
Speaker 2: Indent of a cane.
Speaker 1: Yes, it could be fun, dude, people, it was.
Speaker 3: It was the most Oh yeah he's got You want to see my ass right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to see your tattoo.
Speaker 3: Oh you only have your I'm confused.
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: You only asked tat guy too? Something about you guys, man? R cr you guys just asked.
Speaker 1: Brother started at and snap brother Wisconsin. Yeah, I had a Wisconsin my hometown oconom Walk. That was the first one.
Speaker 3: And then we went to Daytona for our off weekend in Eastern and it was like all the boys going out, went deep sea fishing.
Speaker 1: Our wolf packed this we call hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: And brother, we have Raider who's like he's he's.
Speaker 1: Played offensive line at West Virginia. Tyler Raider is his name, Okay, And when he came in an army ranger for a little while, no ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he missed old Daytona five hundred Orange Bowl and became army ranger. Now he's back down.
Speaker 1: So he was our fueller for like four years and then he's like, I want to go be an army ranger, and so he left NASCAR. Great paying job.
Speaker 2: Paul and him all lived at the barn together.
Speaker 1: It's like our frat house, it was. And he's like, I want to go try to be an army ranger.
Speaker 2: So he left his pre wives. This single life. You guys are living in a barn. All right, we'll get a.
Speaker 1: Big we'll come back to that. Yeah, So Raider leaves NASCAR. It was and becomes an army ranger for like five years and then he's like, well I'm done with this now I'm gonna go get back in a NASCAR So he's a fueler again. Yeah, such a cool story.
Speaker 3: So we go for Easter and we got a bunch of pit crew guys, buddies.
Speaker 2: We go down there to it's all only off weekend.
Speaker 3: One of them we choose Daytona because we go down there and we're red carpet. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: And so my dad was.
Speaker 3: My dad was with us and we're talking about tattoos. Like the first idea was we're all gonna draw something, put it in a hat, and we had to get.
Speaker 1: An arm could be like property of Paul Swan and then somebody's got to get that on there.
Speaker 2: I'm loving everything.
Speaker 3: My dad's like, yeah, you guys don't need to do that. You need to pick one thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like that's a little far. So Big Raiders like, no, not a shot, We're not doing this.
Speaker 2: He's always trying to be like he's a restrict plate there the right, the right, yeah, big, big, yeah, he is a unit.
Speaker 3: So uh, we're third day of the trip or whatever, We're at this place called the Ocean Deck. Awesome place, and Raider.
Speaker 1: Gets into the final four boys had some sodas and the sand.
Speaker 2: Castle Margharita, a couple of pops.
Speaker 3: Sand Castle Margarita, like it's like a sand castle, big one, and he's like two or three of those in. He goes, hey, boys, we're doing this.
Speaker 2: We're going now.
Speaker 1: Now you get some drinks in him. He wants to do everything and reserve no way.
Speaker 3: We call the first tattoo place hardcore tattoo, hardcore baby. We pull up and there's like sixteen of us because we just met friends over the trip. Two truck drivers at the ocean Deck, the first mate on the fishing trip. We just all go into this pretty much shut down, hardcore tattoo. There's alcohol store beside it. Let us bring alcohol over there, and we're all getting tattoos. We have this dude draw up Wolf at the Moon. It looks like the how at the Moon.
Speaker 1: It was such a shitty tattoo, like he drew it up and I'm like this guy and he's like, yeah, what's wrong. I'm like, oh, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's a hard conversation to happen.
Speaker 3: And they were like, we're gonna put the number three in it. We're Raiders like, we're not doing I'm.
Speaker 1: Not doing that. I only need people who make fun of me to think I got Austin's number on my ass. By the way, Yeah, well we.
Speaker 2: Can get into that, but right now it's your number for the time.
Speaker 3: Raider says that, and we're like, all right, we'll go with the Roman numeral three. Yeah, okay, So we put a Roman numeral three in the moon and the wolves holling at it.
Speaker 1: Let me find the picture and everything. Yeah, we selling merch what we were selling it. Yeah, the hats are sick to come. Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Brought all this. I'm kind of juiced up. You're giving me a lot of gifts. I think we should have gave some to you. I love the fact that you guys. So you have sixteen guys in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the home and people will start.
Speaker 1: The truck drivers went back to get their kid. There was sleeping at the hotel. He's like sixteen, Like, hold on, we gotta go get our kid. He's getting one. Two and this is a fan.
Speaker 3: They're all part of the wolf pack. Yeah, they're all part of the there's like, there's like twenty six people. Now we came home and then when we'd have a good time, he'd be like, hey, let's go brand you into the wolf Pack. So people were just start getting We got.
Speaker 1: Like thirty members.
Speaker 2: Now I fucking love that. That could be your first tattoo, could be Yeah, get the dinnim pocket and wait, which one is it?
Speaker 1: The Daytona One's when we got after the five hundred, the Wolfpack one is the first one one.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be an image somewhere from the wolf Pack Sharp.
Speaker 2: That is a top notch shitty tax absolutely just so blown out everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. But it's so late in front of Austin's camera. Yeah, yeah, there we go. There's my there's my butt cheek. Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that started hilarious. So that was the first tattoo and then what two years later twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, we win, Well, that night after we win, we're like, we're going back to hardcore tattoo.
Speaker 1: We gotta get more tattoos.
Speaker 2: Definitely a different tattoo artist is that way better sharp.
Speaker 3: So then we get to five hundred Logo tatted.
Speaker 1: Brought our whole team in there, the cops were driving us around Daytona. All yeah, yeah, he got big on his arm and it looks it looks hardcore tattoo. You went to that's our spot.
Speaker 2: So if you're gonna get the wolf tattoo, you had to go to the hard part to tattoo in Daytona five hundred. Next year, stop in a hardart. So the five hundred is that the first and last race of the year first and then.
Speaker 1: We go back?
Speaker 3: Is it a playoff race this year Daytona?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's yeah, I think it is. Actually, you gotta fun. You're talking Paul Daytona five hundred interview. We stayed up all night drinking tattoos, partying. I didn't go to bed. My voice was horse and the horse. First thing they do is they interviewed me when we get to this major breakfast the next day and like you could not understand it.
Speaker 3: You have to look it up and his voice is just shocking.
Speaker 2: Will put it in post man. I gotta hear that though before it goes out.
Speaker 1: Also, sorry for my rasp voice. Long night, long night of fast celebrations. So last night obviously won the five hundred.
Speaker 2: It is like he's got a crab in his throat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, it was, but it was.
Speaker 3: But he just keeps talking through it to do an interview like that, never slows down.
Speaker 2: He's on, he doesn't, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: You don't stop affected by anything. Nah, you can't be.
Speaker 2: I loved how many ex football players are pit crew guys.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, it seems like all of them pretty much. The entire pit road is all past athletes, former football players, basketball wrestlers, baseball players. And it really kind of started when I was getting into it, and that was in twenty fourteen, is when I first got to r CR in the summertime.
Speaker 3: I feel like when we did our combine and we like I was taking the down the numbers on the combine and Raider came in straight off straight from West Virginia's senior year and he got We had a dead tread so it was just a treadmill dead with a tape line across it. And all these guys came in. They were doing pretty good and Raider gets on there and he's still playing weight and he does like we were taking it for like thirty seconds. How many reps he did thirty thirty six in thirty seconds, and I was like holy and yeah, we instantly like that signed hut.
Speaker 1: I think around twenty twenty ten, like twenty eight to twenty ten is when it really started shifting to these mechanics were getting kind of butted out of the pit crews by these apps.
Speaker 3: At that time, the most efficient way to do it was your mechanics were also your pit crew and so like, because it was too expensive to just hire in athletes and have pit crew and mechanics, so you needed to be able to work on the car and change tires or jacket. So like you're trying to find these guys that were great mechanics that also could get it done on pit road. Well, then when Red Bull came into the sport, they just said, screw it, We're going to hire a whole other team that just focuses on pitting cars fast, and that changed the game. Then everybody started hiring in athletes, and then guys are flying in on race day just to pit the car. Because everything before that, like you needed to be a well rounded mechanic and somebody can need.
Speaker 2: To be a Swiss Army knife right and everything. Now you're very specialized in multiple different areas let's play the dumb athlete who thinks he can do anythingthing. How hard would it be for me to become a pit crew guy? How how long of training?
Speaker 1: I think you could easily do it? Like as a few you could come brother, you get in there, come in and be a fueler. You can maybe be a jackman. Now, fueling would be the easiest to kill. Would be perfect with this everything pumping pump.
Speaker 2: I've seen the dudes pumping in there, and when the dude's coming around, they fucking the guys go, yeah, how heevy those gas.
Speaker 1: Tanks hundred pounds. I think something like that sloshing around.
Speaker 2: I do like to overstep.
Speaker 3: Plug in time is like super important though.
Speaker 2: Plug in time.
Speaker 3: Plug in time, like you want to have a negative plug in time, meaning you want to hit the hole before we stop, before we stop, like as the car is coming to a stop, you need to be already lockedown.
Speaker 1: Girls, great pluggin time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you want to be fueling it as I like the car, like.
Speaker 2: Coming to a clo.
Speaker 1: You want to be hitting that plug in as he is coming to a stop. If you're waiting for him to stop and you're plugging in, it's probably not going to be as good, especially with how fast these stops are now. I mean they're going from when we switch from five lug to one lug. Stops went from anywhere from eleven fives to twelve twos to now they're like anywhere from eight o's to nine twos.
Speaker 2: Yeu, I saw. I mean when we were in NASCAR, when we're in Nashville watching these dudes operate, we weren't at y'alls. We were at somebody else's. I can't remember which one we were at. But these dudes like brought me over and we're like, hey, they're watching film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like showing.
Speaker 2: All the things that okay, yeah we had we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's here's my head cam. This is you head cam bomb stick. Get a little adjustment we hate doing when what was that last little movie did go back? So that's an adjustment I'm adjusting on the chassis of the car.
Speaker 3: I mean he said stick, he's talking about the hang. Oh yeah, you still around in.
Speaker 1: There dropping it all right? Yep. Then we do an adjustment, which we hate doing adjustments. Slow stop. There's a there's a good chance it slows the stop down because I'm not able to just right after I hang that tire, I can leave and go to the next side and not be behind with an adjustment. They're all leaving. I'm over there still doing an adjustment, and it's gonna make me late to that left front to hang that tire, which is a good shot that it slows the stop down. This was still a fast stop. I think it was like an eight four, which is really good. But when other cars don't have to do adjustments, they're gonna have a better chance to have the better average than us when we're.
Speaker 3: That's another big part of him getting We.
Speaker 2: Give himself some flowers right now.
Speaker 1: We let him know when he doesn't, our crew chief and us will let him know. But he Austin does a really good job of hitting his mark or at least being consistent of what we know.
Speaker 3: How we give him the same view every time.
Speaker 1: It helps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how hard is it to peel in when there's both cars like well?
Speaker 3: Truthfully, the worst part now with these cars they don't turn out of the box is good. So if you don't qualify good and get a good pitstall, it is a pain to get out of the box.
Speaker 2: What's more important to you when it comes to qualifying is the position you start in or the pit stall pitstall?
Speaker 3: I mean they're both important. I mean net net win okay, got you? You can't if you the further forward the better.
Speaker 1: When it's hard to pass on the track, the only place you can really pass is Pitt Road. So if you're lighting it up on Pitt Road gaining four to five spots a time, that's huge.
Speaker 2: Now, between the two of you, who's more critical of the other, Like are you more critical of the pit crew? Is the pit crew? Like, hey, you got to get in the spot better? Like where's the accountability?
Speaker 1: So I would say I think we're probably more critical of him of how he gets in the box because it means so much, and like when he when he doesn't come in good, I am mother and him like not.
Speaker 2: It's one of the natives of being close to Boyd.
Speaker 1: I can't because I don't have a microphone to talk to him. If I did, oh, I'd be on it.
Speaker 3: But like I feel like back in the day, I used to voice my opinion a lot, like bad stops or like now I'm just I've gotten more where it's like if I say something, it's more like, hey, let's get it together.
Speaker 4: He'll say, he'll say some smarter I'll yeah, together, Like this motherfucker, he'll be like, what happened there?
Speaker 2: That's happened.
Speaker 1: Or if we like we're trying to get him to not want an adjustment and we don't do an adjustment, it's just a straight up stop and it's not good. He's he'll be like he'll wait like ten seconds after he pulls out and be like, well, I guess we should have done that adjustment.
Speaker 2: I haven't done that. I haven't done that. That's got, Yeah, that's got.
Speaker 1: I want to get this guy. But yeah, like if he goes long or stop short when he's not supposed to and jack's up, like how we get to the car because that, I mean, that is so critical for us to have a good stop is where he hits his mark and if he doesn't, and it messes us up and I'm like, oh I get over that wall and I'm he's screaming yeah. But it's but like for me and him, like we're such good friends that like we respect each other enough that we can tell each other like, yeah, it goes wrong.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm now I've done it enough, like twelve thirteen years or whatever. But you can almost like while it's going on and know if our stop's gonna be good or not.
Speaker 4: Likes happenings exactly, if they're behind or not behind.
Speaker 3: I can hear what's going on if they've missed, you know, a hang or something like that.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: It's just you kind of know, And I don't think everything.
Speaker 1: Every driver doesn't have that sense. Like he's really good at sensing what's going on. Where other drivers they most dry, I feel like, don't care enough about a relationship with their team, their pit crews, their guys. Whereas he makes that so crucial to having a good team is he gets to know all that I.
Speaker 2: Don't have any friends, so they got to be my picture. Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: But the Picker guys are way cooler. So we're the coolest.
Speaker 2: Take what the Pick crew guys to mess with? Bust with the boys. We were walking down pit lane a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of everybody knows you guys. We're kind of.
Speaker 2: Community at I'm trying to do any stud I'm I'm fucking down you guys, Like, how do I leverage this show into letting me be a pit crew guy for right now, Willie, he can be the tired carrier like me. You get you on the jack what's like the hardest thing to do? Like, who's like a quarterback?
Speaker 1: I think the the jack man is the one who sets the pace, and they got to be I think I would say most of the speed comes from the jack man, and if they're fast, you're going to be fast, so your stops are going to be fat.
Speaker 2: Changing at tires is kind of like that's an easy man job.
Speaker 1: No, it's not easy, cauld It changed.
Speaker 3: So the highest paid guy on the teams for a long time were the changers. Right when we had five lugs, went to a single lug and it got easier.
Speaker 1: It definitely got easier.
Speaker 3: The people had to get more athletics.
Speaker 2: Ye easier to keep looking over. I know, I know, but you have to get that.
Speaker 3: That's why the athlete part of it had to get even faster. They're around times or had to pick up because you could be kind of slow around the car, but if your hand speed was way up with five lugs, you were gonna get paid.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to be as athletic. Yeah, like now, with with this one lug my rear changer the gun.
Speaker 3: Now, so the old gun was way different.
Speaker 2: I don't know who this guy? Who's do we know who this is?
Speaker 1: This is the twenty four teams?
Speaker 2: Would they ready to go a couple of times and they're like practicing their little thing.
Speaker 1: It's like our rear changer on our car, Tingler. He's been doing it with me for a long time and he was one of the best five have luck changers, and now he's still one of the best one luck changers. Like our right rears. Right rear is a huge deal to have fast stops. So if you have a fast right rear, you're gonna have fast stops because on the right side the rears behind the front, so you need to be extra fast in that right rear. And me and him have some of the best right rear times on Pitt Road.
Speaker 3: The jackman got to do behind the back moves too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now they all go behind the back with the jack and that looks sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boys are getting customer bro the pick the picks.
Speaker 1: For the jackman or the hype his picks. On Pitt Road, they get some nasty shots and.
Speaker 2: You guys just kind of like and we'll go to you guys are because when I when I'm watching, it seems like it's like, oh, everyone's like super into it the whole time, And I thought it was just like, hey, you guys go out there, you do your thing, and then you're kind of like chilling sitting in the launchair, cracking a couple of cold words, a couple of cold So, dude, I was watching some guys like they'd come out O.
Speaker 1: This is shi got the b G logo in the home there. This was a bad one. This was a bad boys. It's a bad stop.
Speaker 2: But you guys show those practice.
Speaker 1: This is yeah practice.
Speaker 2: Was that the one that they.
Speaker 1: Knew? Right? Yeah, I'm sure, yeah, we know you knew it was bad?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: What that that helmet? That's that's an interesting little little.
Speaker 1: B G on there. You know something, something got to show the fires way the tires weigh fifty five pounds, they used to weigh seventy five.
Speaker 2: And you're fucking home. Yeah, brother in the gym, I see it. You walk in here. Another sleeps like you got you gotta be ready for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get a little more son on them. But we're what's going on? It's like I got no time to get out in the sun.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, I got I gotta complaining.
Speaker 1: I gotta be that, I gotta go traveling.
Speaker 2: That outside in the gym too much.
Speaker 1: I'm in the gym too much.
Speaker 2: Man, We'll fucking go outside.
Speaker 1: I know I need to what's going on?
Speaker 2: Though, this is the most outside. I don't know any way to pivot this into this, but Mitch showed me a couple of calendar photos that you sent just in case your brother.
Speaker 1: That's mister August.
Speaker 2: Right audacity to show the producer, that's mister.
Speaker 1: August right there. That is crazy, Casey. We got to get the case the calendar. Come on, come on, big dog.
Speaker 2: That same bulge as me and that combine. It's not helping you.
Speaker 3: You have eyeliner on right there.
Speaker 2: He got the minds, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're together in my eyes. Bro, you think you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking like Italian, but then it's like, oh, maybe dash of something else in there.
Speaker 1: You got little Middle Eastern. I don't know, Yeah, version, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You you funk up twenty three and me, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: They don't know what they're gonna get.
Speaker 2: That's a mutt dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean McVay, what's up? Come on, brother, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one loved that post more than you did. You see that most recent photoshoping bay.
Speaker 1: He di Oh fuck, he's a stunt.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for you to thought. Have you've seen all these things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the hottest guy.
Speaker 2: Who's hotter? Like we have a bunch of dudes on the podcast, be like, what guy's HoTT Pull up Sean mcg when he's on the boat with his wife. Yeah, man, he is tough competition. I don't know if I and this is say, you know, it's bad. Sean's got a beautiful wife. A beautiful wife. You're not even looking at her because he's jack dude.
Speaker 1: That's a mac guy too, right there.
Speaker 2: That's he's on a little something right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's probably Yeah, see he can take stuff. Probably I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard a lot of excuses at you last three minutes.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't get out on the sun.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can compete with that.
Speaker 2: No one can compete with that. I got a good head of hand he's got with you. Listen, no one's thinking I think you you my biggest supporters.
Speaker 1: What do we back of the bus? What do we think?
Speaker 2: Here's here's why I here's where I back up a little bit on you because I am I'm I'm in the camp of Paulson, handsomest guy and NASCAR possibly in sports. But when you send my boys this photo, I just I think of myself. I gotta break him down a little bit. I gotta kind of be mean to him.
Speaker 1: Since they didn't make the calendar. I got to get these out there one way or another.
Speaker 2: Don't we make the calendar because you're like that photo. We can put a nice little row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get him in on it. We got a whole.
Speaker 2: Look the boy. We'll tell you what we can do. Busting can do that, busting create a calendar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. Yeah, yeah, calendar because the guys.
Speaker 2: Man, I saw a couple of dudes with them shoulders were talking about, you know, the whole athletic driver thing.
Speaker 3: What do you think about this a golf tournament between sports, so like NASCAR drivers take on a group of baseball players, basketball players, or NFL players in a Ryder Cup style format.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first off, I think it's a phenomenal idea. There's a guy named Ryan suck Up. Your wives will know him. He was a kicker for the Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that man.
Speaker 2: He is uh, he's a part of a group that does that right now, where it's like they do football versus basketball, versus hockey versus you know whoever. Adding NASCAR to that would set the tone because you got a good way about being like NASCAR drivers aren't real athletes.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about it because there's a lot that aren't.
Speaker 2: There's a lot that aren't in my mind.
Speaker 3: Now there's some that are unbelievable at driving race cars, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Now this guy, if he's actually an athlete, like he's a sick athlete.
Speaker 2: And I saw, I saw the twelve year old photos.
Speaker 1: You've told me you got you gotta like he picks up a ball, he does anything. He's really good. There's certain drivers that you're talking about, Austin that I'll tell you what. Bradlowski pull up his video of him playing basketball.
Speaker 3: No good, that's it's a really rough look for the species.
Speaker 2: That one horrible. We gotta look at the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to this that this is really bad. Don't do this.
Speaker 1: This is it's it's bad right here.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised to you. Ever, the PR person just they should not let this happen, see PR, dude, we gotta like William didn't do the I don't know why I didn't. The bench press didn't didn't want it. But like this, this, this is the start.
Speaker 2: That there we go, got the yamica on the back too tough. Wait, wait, we can't.
Speaker 1: Say that he's not Jewish.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the bald spot.
Speaker 1: Dude, nothing to be Jewish.
Speaker 3: And then it's a little here you go, Oh, this is gets worse.
Speaker 2: Oh he's not Here's the issue here is like, yeah, this is not athletic. But he's also like the best athletes compensate. They do one thing and they adjust. That was zero adjustment. There he shot it, so sure he goes, let me take a little more off this. That's where his brain went. All right, Paul, come on.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 2: But if I were to say to you, NASCAR drivers are not athletes, you that's a total disagreement.
Speaker 3: I mean I I look at athletes like totally different. I feel like, what we do going two hundred miles an hour, the reaction times that we have to have the mental fortitude to do what we do. It takes a whole other level. Like I look at bull riders right because I've got to work with bull riders right now. I'm a GM the Caroline Cowboys, and like, those guys are crazy. Like I think what I do is tame compared to what they do on the back of the ball. But when you look at like an athlete, there's certain guys that make that sport look slow down and like are athletic about them. But then I asked him, Paul saw two of our guys trying to skip the other day in the gym.
Speaker 2: They can't skip.
Speaker 1: Our strength was like, all right, guys, show show me a skip and they're like skip just like.
Speaker 2: But that's a product of guys being drive like drivers there, right, because all that stuff is just taught. It's just taught.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, man, I will say if Brad, I don't know if Brad could ever maybe if you taught him like it to like if he's gonna it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: But do JB.
Speaker 2: Mooney, this guy, this is one of the ghosts. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: These guys are crazy.
Speaker 3: Well that's exactly my point right here like JV. Bull Rowe. His deal was like standing on a basketball was like his workout, like for balance, like unbelievable balance right, Like he didn't do anything else, but that was his thing. He'd stand on a basketball in his cowboy boots, Like can you imagine in cowboy bots standing on a basketball and just talking.
Speaker 2: Imagine he's probably smoking while.
Speaker 3: He's doing it. But his ability to move on top of a bull is what made him so amazing on top.
Speaker 1: Of his like his grit and all that balancing with.
Speaker 2: That was that was a tough look for Mitch as well, with the bus driving that took place.
Speaker 3: He see if you can find Clay Geyton Vegas Championship last year. He went five for five.
Speaker 2: So you said, Carolina, what your Cowboys champion?
Speaker 1: He did bring some Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now you're the GM of this team and won that ball.
Speaker 3: You know what do you mean the team?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, so I got a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets a rest.
Speaker 3: That's like one of my proudest things. Dude, like different stuff, but like to win something in a different sport and be a part of the build process of it. So this is like four years in the making, trying to win the championship, and so like we learned, we do our training camp every year. I brought I got some Navy Seal buddies that we bring into the training camp and we just kind of built a program. Our coach Jerome Davis from Archsdale, North Carolina, him and his wife kind of coached the team, and we built our team off of two like in our draft the first draft.
Speaker 2: Proud of this too.
Speaker 3: We made Dick this it was a snake draft, a big fantasy football guy here, and I understood like snake draft and how to move around the board. So when we got in, our pick was I believe seven. There was eight teams at the start, so we had the wrap so seven and ten and we needed to try and get up to the front. We wanted one of the world champion that year was drafted at three, so my coach trained him. That's who he wanted to get to. So we had to figure out a way to get Dalen. Swere engine at the time and ended up taking because I figured out pretty much where everybody was going to go with their picks. But the team at three wanted a guy that was going to fall and I pretty much predicted to them, Hey, he's going to fall to me, and I got the wrap at ten. I'll pick who you want at ten, but I got to have who you're taking at three. And if you don't take the guy at three, that's the world champion, you're gonna look kind of silly taking a forty year old at that time. Yeah, because in bull riding, like that's ancient, Like twenty three to twenty nine is prime. Okay, it starts going downhill for bull riders. I mean they rough rough how much they take on their bodies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyways, Dalen's twenty two world champion gets drafted at three. The guy that they wanted, which was a solid guy they ended up winning championship. He came to seven. We picked him with our first pick. Came back around and the guy that had won like the the event that year, we picked him at ten and swapped them for Dayal and so we ended up getting daily the world the current world champion that year, two for one, two for one. I got there fifteen or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was and legit GM and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey it might have to get them out.
Speaker 2: So you saw it, you saw the vision. You win a championship that year, not that year.
Speaker 1: It team in the regularly.
Speaker 3: We led the full season standings to the last game of the year that year, and then we fell apart in Vegas. But then we go back the next year is kind of an off year, rebuilt, kind of retooled on everything, and then we set the record for eleven straight wins. We had the highest scoring game ever. We had a perfect game, which is five bull rides high score.
Speaker 1: And that was good. Huh. It was at the home event too.
Speaker 3: Oh that wasn't the first e end of the year. It was in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Five for five. They're electric being at these things.
Speaker 2: I've been to a bunch of them growing up in Arizona. So I grew up in a town called Cave Creek, Arizona. Fifty people. Only place in the world you're gonna find an old truck, a ferrari and a horse in the same park. And there's a place called the Buffalo Chip. On Wednesdays and Friday nights, the three of us could go sign a waiver, pay fifty bucks and get on a real bowl. And they have like these stands now that hold like I don't know, probably maybe a thousand people. They pack it out dude, it is.
Speaker 3: It is one of the video in the places, Like I had to scout so like the only way to scout people is their instagrams. We have a list of these everybody that's signed to every one of these guys.
Speaker 2: This is so this is a time, buddy. It is so much Funey brought down like four or five years ago during Thanksgiving. Some they were trying to fry turkey. But I do think it was an insurance thing. Who knows, that's a legend.
Speaker 1: You're not judging that's a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this place did. They rebuilt it and it's so badass. They have live music. It's such a fun, fun like place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Love got to come to a teams event though, it changes the game because.
Speaker 1: Then each insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you come to like our home event, like it's electric because everybody's pulling for us. In the last game of the day, everybody plays one game and then the final game is your home home game.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen this guy more juiced when he's at events.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 3: A good video of me on here going crazy after we won it. Like the Gamblers were kind of like our rival. They're they're owned by Egon Durban.
Speaker 1: The bad guys. Yeah, the bad guys, the Evil Empire.
Speaker 3: We also one of the one of our guys went to the gamblers that was with us.
Speaker 2: So then it created reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: They The reason why I bring up the chip though, is if you're going to be a GM you got to know how to sing operates. You need to get on a bowl.
Speaker 1: Well he said, didn't have you.
Speaker 3: Ever been behind there and like seen like the PBR side, I've been right getting fired up with my buddy that's a former Navy seal. It helps with a training camp.
Speaker 2: Look at him, bodies went backwards on. We had ten just seeing sworn on a Monday. But that's still a lot of for him to juice.
Speaker 1: You got, you know, he is got to do something feeling cool to do it like that was.
Speaker 3: A walk off wind in front of our home, like everybody's on their feet, last ride of the night and we got to have it to win. And he and he throws up the deuces mid ride.
Speaker 1: He's a swaggy dude, like he's got some juice.
Speaker 2: Can we is that ride? Can we see it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's on there.
Speaker 1: Look at.
Speaker 2: Some about bull righting something about rodeo and Clay.
Speaker 3: Walk off Carolina, maybe walk off win.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 3: I think he's throwing the douce stuff right there. Yeah, this is legit.
Speaker 2: I love the head. They're wearing helmets for safety, but.
Speaker 3: We're trying to make safeer sport. We're working on the Actually, right, I.
Speaker 2: Missed the cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: Look at him.
Speaker 2: He's pointing the look and then steps off of it. Walk away.
Speaker 3: He got knocked out the first night, this is Sunday Friday. He gets knocked out on a bull he rides all day because he was kind of like a little too confident on it, just came into it, gets knocked out, and it's it's his home event. He's from North Carolina, so we got one of the Carolina that's our coach, Jerome. He's a former world champion going in the Hall of Fame this year also, which is awesome. But Clay, uh, he gets knocked out the Friday he got he got a vent. He got to avenge himself. Sunday was freaking off.
Speaker 2: Its knocked out Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, comes back past the base.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, we're good.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Then he goes in Vegas he went for the championship run. He didn't get bucked off. He was the m v P roade every boy got on. I mean he was electric.
Speaker 2: I mean it's down for eight seconds and the pull the rope off like that, Like you gotta be in some flow state to take that.
Speaker 1: These guys are the craziest dudes, craziest.
Speaker 2: Another job that I think you and I could do and be a lot of fun. I think rodeo clowning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, jumping barrels a little bit close to get his shoulder on the bull, your boys a little try to steer him in the right direct, your boys.
Speaker 2: There's an iconic video that came in a bull riding the sun is on a bull. He falls, gets knocked out and wall the bulls like right next to him about the tramplin dad jumps off. I saw that. Do you see that video? Brings tears in your eye? That's that's a hell of a dad, Big, that's a hell of a dad, dude. I love it your dad that lets him get on a bull. Yeah, no doubt, there's that ying and yang you gotta have. Is this the video? No, this ain't the video, is it?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 2: He got pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was, that's right there, that's far right. I think father jumps there. It was.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this chefy? Oh hold on tight dude, to those water ducks in your eyes. Wi Fi is down good?
Speaker 1: Wi Fi sound good.
Speaker 2: It's fucking awesome. Yes, nice, that's sick. You got into this. Yeah, he slo mo boy, so he's outright. That boy is fencing clowns come outieva. Yeah they're awesome, dude, they're badass.
Speaker 1: I think we could throw our hat in the ring on that, Taylor.
Speaker 2: I would be down to give it a try. But once again, like it's my ignorance. Yeah, this is a really weird video, super slow, but him to jump on that take one. The dad's just eating it. How cool is that?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: I mean that's definition of but like that's the kind of protection you want to be to your kid. That's awesome, man, But yeah, I think it just guy kind of goes into my ignorance, similar to like the Pit Crew, but like, I think we could do that. Yeah, a Cawa boosttle bit of face.
Speaker 1: Paint, put one of those jerseys on.
Speaker 2: We're ready to go, wait for you know, going to the eighties changing room. Put his belt buckle on.
Speaker 1: Which he is the lock the locker rooms also suit.
Speaker 2: The locker rooms electric. Yeah in there one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go awesome.
Speaker 2: What other what other things are you passionate about outside of Nascar? O? Your bull riding? Love your driving?
Speaker 1: What do you like to do?
Speaker 2: What's that? What's an off day look.
Speaker 1: Like for you?
Speaker 3: Family?
Speaker 1: Jesus?
Speaker 2: And hunting? Man? Oh? Fuck all right, I don't know. We're doing a country music songs out here.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude, no doubt.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. What's you what you like to hunt? What's your what's your go to?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I love the bow hunt. I love white tailed deer, like obsessed with it. So uh yeah that was Ohio.
Speaker 2: Dude, being in the game you're in, I feel like you're a perfect match for a meat eater. Have you done that yet? I haven't done meat eater yet, dude. Ranella and those boys are awesome. I've hunted three times. One was in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: I saw you.
Speaker 2: You've been getting in the bow hun right, No, not me, that is not me.
Speaker 1: I'm like you. I'm like, I'm like I went.
Speaker 2: We went coyote hunting and duck hunting with Steve Duck hunting is austome. Duck hunting was awesome. It's like social you sit there there, you can bullshit. Steve's got that uncle vibe or you're like, I want you to really approve of me, but I have nothing to really impress you with because I'm in your element. But it was like awesome to be around you went, you got like went and caught traps of beaver in it, stuff like that, and it's just awesome.
Speaker 1: Being about actions. Also great with and there teams.
Speaker 2: Incredible too, like their social media team that all the people around the met eater community. But this dude, he is incredible. Went with the world.
Speaker 3: I think Chase Elliott did something with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love you looked legit out there when you've gotten you ever shot about?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I did when I was like really young, but it was like Very Shores and Sacramento with my grandmother.
Speaker 3: I mean, being six seven and climbing into a deer stands probably gonna be tough for you, you know, like getting up.
Speaker 2: Let you want to do that. I would, dude, I'm down to try anything twice. That's kind of like my personality a piece of property. I'm not gonna say where it's at because it's like a honey hole for me. Yeah, but like I love going up there riding a tractor. I like building food plots, like it's my favorite love right now outside of what is building a flood plat?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean setting up a food plot like so like if I got a field, I'm going to go plan it or kill it first and plant and hunt over it. So like it's the work going into the hunting part that makes it. Like, so I got deer cameras up, I know, all right, this is the one I'm after this year. Like I'm gonna hunt him as hard as I can when winter time comes. Because our off season is literally November to about middle of January. First races of start February, so we're already preparing to genuinely.
Speaker 2: Love your job.
Speaker 1: I love my job, but I wish we had a.
Speaker 3: Lot of our schedules.
Speaker 1: Is grueling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you must be sweating the flies catching you over there.
Speaker 2: Bro, That's that's just the elements when it comes to bush.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: What in your career, I'm sure you've had some TIFFs with some individuals. M What's what's your biggest rivalry in the NASCAR World former present.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the Logano stuff after the Richmond deal was was a lot.
Speaker 2: Pull it up for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've seen the Richmond first win at Richmond first.
Speaker 1: Time probably sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is Logano.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rich Austin Dillon will win at Richmond. Actually, I wish I could find the one that Johnny Morris made with the music behind it loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 3: So I got I got pretty aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and when you're excitedly excited aggressive or like.
Speaker 1: Fu Well, how we got the right there?
Speaker 2: Watched this one?
Speaker 3: Shocked to Richmond, that one right there? The first one. How Austin didn't hit this one? I think it's twenty that it would be twenty four?
Speaker 1: This what here is this? This is twenty that's twenty five.
Speaker 3: I won twenty four and twenty five. They took it away from me in twenty four, nastar.
Speaker 1: They took away the playoffs. The didn't take away the one but.
Speaker 3: The wins legit. But they took away the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Why they take away the playoffs?
Speaker 1: This get out of my way?
Speaker 2: You give them little bubb you got bubble, bubble, get out of my way?
Speaker 1: Oh did twice?
Speaker 2: I could see where people can get upset about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Dinny he crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boys are stuff down there, so you're fired up. You're not thinking there's a storm.
Speaker 3: Look, NASCAR created the playoff system that if you're when you're in. Yeah, this was one of our best shots. My wife she's back there, fist pumping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And uh so, like we had led this whole race and it came down to a restart because Stenhouse spun out with like two to go. Gotcha, we're coming to the white. I got like a five second yea. We come down Pitt Road. The boys great pit stuff. Keep me out front.
Speaker 1: We broke a record that night.
Speaker 3: Us. Yes, So we go out there the restart, Joey kind of like jumps the restart. I've got to get to the line first, and.
Speaker 2: Which one was joe first?
Speaker 3: So when we get there, like the it's only two laps left, right, it's a green white checker, So I got to figure out how to get to him. Well, going into three the lap before I caught him pretty good. Well, I just sent it right here. On this last lap, you'll see how much I gain. So, like we're behind right here. It's only one laugh to go.
Speaker 2: His boys are feeling it. He's yeah, you've been you were leading by five seconds before.
Speaker 3: So right here, I send it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't downshift. I just like let it go in fourth gear and try to get to his back bumper to tap him. He actually, in the data backs up the corner. But we're not going to get into all that.
Speaker 2: I've already dad, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: We had to go through all the data to prove our point to NASCAR that yes, I tried to bump the twenty two like I was going to move him up the track of bump and runs fine, right, And I, like you said, I don't think they would have taken the playoffs away off the first one, but the second one if you back it up, and if you came from my in car, Thenny comes across my nose and I don't lift right when he comes across my nose, So.
Speaker 2: He comes across your nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't send him. Lifting would be checking out of the throttle like we're coming to the checker flag. I'm already held twenty two. I'm going to finish line here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyways, we had to put together a whole thing to go in front of NASCAR court.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, white wigs of NASCAR. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's a full I wish it would have been televised, Yeah, because I mean I wrote a letter to NASCAR.
Speaker 2: I went through the whole thing, We went through the data.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can watch Denny's podcast to tell what he thinks about the Peel process.
Speaker 2: Because you're not going to ever win it.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's a yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a kind of those things like you just do it to prove your points.
Speaker 2: Sometime you're guilty until proven innocent. Then you're still guilty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got you.
Speaker 3: So it's tough to enough and that's coming from Denny, who I feel like, actually did I even watched his podcast going into the pel process to see what I can learn, Yeah, going into.
Speaker 2: It, and he was right about it because of this, so you're this is a winning get into the playoffs. You got to keep So we.
Speaker 3: Were supposed to be gone, right, and that's a big chunk of change for the organization if you make the playoffs that Yeah, I mean it wouldn't absolutely. I still got the win, so it's good. So rough deal. Anyways, interview after the race.
Speaker 2: You talk about the twenty two card, that eleven one seemed real intentional. That's the one you didn't let off a gas. That's when you didn't let that one.
Speaker 3: Truthfully, the I to this day, like when he comes across, see him coming, he comes, he slides, he slides right in front of me on this one, this interview with Ghano.
Speaker 2: As he pretty much calls the trash. You know, he's going off right here and he's giving it all. Pissed me off on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're we're what we want, like we're in victory lane.
Speaker 2: We're going.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: What pissed off I found out later is when he came down Pitt Road. He came at and revved his engine in front of my wife, my kid, wi, his wife.
Speaker 2: Why is that a bad thing?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: Was like looked like he was a full video of.
Speaker 3: What he did.
Speaker 1: Like he like.
Speaker 2: It was a big deal, right right, because I thought it was like a Maverick. You're pissed.
Speaker 3: If you're pissed at me, go wreck me next week. Don't take anything on my kids, my family.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm with you now now I'm back going to wreck you again, right because I don't care what you think.
Speaker 2: So your your wife and kids are near or on the pit crew right here. It is.
Speaker 3: This is he gets a fifty thousand dollars fine for this.
Speaker 1: So watch to the left of the screen. Yeah, our family's all in that little pot right there.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, that's nasty. He stops.
Speaker 3: Now he's reving the engine and I swear still left.
Speaker 1: Nasty boy, move nasty right.
Speaker 3: Look to the NASCAR officials. Pissed. Now see him the officials coming here.
Speaker 2: He's fucking he's taking all of his authority, right, So that happens. When do you know that happens?
Speaker 3: Not till like the next day, because I like it got told to me, but I didn't really even at that point, like I was so like happy we had flipped our season around. Well then I see it like later come out. Now I'm pissed. And then Tuesday comes around and they start all this media starts coming out that I'm gonna get taken away, taken out of the playoffs. Right, So when the media comes meaning you know, your podcast or somebody else, man, this isn't legit. He should take his win away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Multiple podcasts start bringing this stuff up, right and start skewing the story. I feel like that really pushed NASCAR in a direction at that time. Maybe I'm wrong, they made games, but I mean it's just how it works, right, when something gets ahold of it, they run with it. It goes And I didn't really speak up at all at the time. I was just waiting to see what the outcome was. Maybe I should have spoke up early and defended my case a little better beginning, but I didn't think that it was going to change because I see other people wreck people for wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, there's no way they're taking the playoffs way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, how soon after the show? This is like Tuesday, you said, the media starts pushing it in there. Oh no, this was Monday. Mostly for the narratives.
Speaker 1: It was Sunday after the win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, busy having worry about that tomorrow. Yeah. And so when does their announcement come out that you are missing the playoffs? I think it came out on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tuesday, Wednesday, Exactually they waited extra day because they were kind of torn on the decision, So they wait to extra day and then we appeal and we put together a really good defense. But you're not gonna win. I mean, look, looking back either way, that's one of my favorite wins because I knew where we were his organization. I did whatever it took to win.
Speaker 1: Like, and then we go back the year after and we went again. And also, guys, if you're not first, your last, it's right, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did put some respect on Teladay, but that I pretty much created a rule too for NASCAR after that, like, I can't go that. I set the line.
Speaker 2: You can only go. You could only care so much, right right, Well, that's just crazy. So what is your interaction with this guy? What was it? Joey Jojoy? What's your interaction with Joey the first time you see him after the altercation with your wife, your wife, kids, the whole thing. Uh, he got fined.
Speaker 3: NASCAR did what they were supposed to do in that so like we never really had to cross pass in that sentence. I talked to him in Mexico. It was the first time I talked.
Speaker 2: A great place to. Yeah, figure squabble some we yaffed back and forth and that was about it. And then uh oh so it wasn't cordial.
Speaker 3: It was I mean it was like, screw you, pretty much more aggressive than that But anyways, this year we actually talked and I was like, hey, man, squash it.
Speaker 2: I guess pretty much. It was the first time squash it. I guess is a tough one squashed. It is one thing squashed.
Speaker 3: We raced each other, Fine, it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: But you know there's a respect taking place on the on the track. You're not inviting him to dinner. Yeah, we're probably not going to that's fair, that's fair. How does how does your wife feel being it was it two years removed now from this, Yeah, what's her opinion on it? And she's still like, hey fuck, this guy was totally fair. Oh I don't know what my wife's defending.
Speaker 1: Is the girl. The girls will hold some grudges, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. I'll hold the grudge too. Yeah, I'll burn a bridge standing right, swim, no Doubt'm ready to fucking go something, no doubt. So I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, every every weekend there's there's potentially you're going to run into somebody. I mean we're around each other every weekend. We got to race all these guys very weekend, and I mean you lose sleep over it sometimes for sure, over certain people.
Speaker 2: But right, is that the most mad you've ever been? And asked, like in your driving career? No, what you got for me now? Dude? Most mad? Right?
Speaker 3: The wind being taken away most emotional for sure, not the windy did playoffs Like the playoffs being taken away was the most emotional that I've ever been, Like just don't understand. Yeah, But then coming back and winning it last year was like the ultimate full circle moment.
Speaker 1: And he dominated it again like he dominated in twenty twenty four, and then he just comes around twenty twenty five and just dominates.
Speaker 3: And the cool part about that like one thing I like about like sports in general. That was my worst track ever coming up Richmond was like, sucked at it. I felt like yeah, and I had to put more work into it, and all of a sudden it became my best track. So like when you have a weakness and you work on it and you can see it come around, Like that's what I love about sports. Like if I can't dribble basketball my left hand because I'm right hand, your boy, Yeah, like your boy, I'm gonna sit and dribble with my left hand until I figure it out. Same thing with the backhand and pick a ball, whatever it is, Like, I like the improvement cycle of sucking at something and getting better over time at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fastest change you can see the easiest. It's just working on the one thing you're the worst at.
Speaker 1: Right over and over.
Speaker 3: No, that's the most rewarding, right Yeah, Like absolutely getting your butt kicked at something you suck at and then just saying I'm going to bear down and figure this out.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love I love you breaking down the entire story because it juices me up. And to me, like having the kind of storylines and nas really in any sport is.
Speaker 1: Like need more of it?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you need more. Got to get back to a couple of guys just being like I don't like.
Speaker 1: This couple guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, hockey, you have a hockey game, Like you're you want to see some goals, but really you want to see some fighting. You want to see a rushing in an American right.
Speaker 3: After always Paul's always want me to fight, always wanted to.
Speaker 1: And I want to come in and dive out of nowhere and just tackle somebody.
Speaker 2: Dude who showed us the video of the two guys Noah and yeah, yea they were showing us two dudes.
Speaker 1: It's like that, yes, because Noah took one and then they grabbed his arm when.
Speaker 2: He was gonna give one back.
Speaker 1: It was the Jeff Gordon. That was a good one. Keaslowski and Gordon and Harvick pushed him in and initiated it.
Speaker 2: Harvid going in there, just pushing it. You're kind of just.
Speaker 3: Have you seen our gas man tossing people around at North Wilkesborough. Not It wasn't Raider, it was Justin White the other Oh yeah, type in Ricky Stonhouse Versuskylech, Kyle Busch versus Ricky Stenhouse, Ricky Stownes versus Kyle and and Justin White. He's gonna say pound for pound at our shop, super strong, super strong, like out four five on.
Speaker 2: Bench, had to get bigger dumbells.
Speaker 3: He's not Ricky and then start going after Ricky is a dog too for athlete?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, is the guy Ricky? Yeah, and Ricky came.
Speaker 3: In the same same time together.
Speaker 2: So they're talking.
Speaker 1: Cameras are around a little bit, and nobody can leave this track. If you wreck out, there's no way out.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah? Oh ship literally looked away the last the right when that happened.
Speaker 3: Bow, But here comes.
Speaker 1: Wait do you see big big boy White come up on the there's Ricky's dad getting in getting after Kyle, which was crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, oh ship, there is wait, wait until the end.
Speaker 1: There there's the truck driver j White. He tossed damn tosses them. Now he's getting him off.
Speaker 2: NASCAR. Pierre hates that we're talking about this, but I'll be honest with you, man, this ship gets me fucking moving down.
Speaker 1: That gets me. They love the fights because they pump them up all the time. They post the videos everywhere and.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I'll just use football for reference. But like Michigan and Ohio State, Michigan wins, they flag in the thing, there's a big fight, guys are getting maxed, they come out. There's no there's no room for that in football, no room for ye. It's like the game.
Speaker 1: Swinging just means more.
Speaker 2: These guys like, okay, wait, hey, so what are we doing here? Right right? Let's just all's fair in love and war. Let it happen.
Speaker 1: I wish they let the drivers fight. I say, do you guys feel like they shouldn't let it? Let it eat a little bit. I think you like hockey. Like hockey, they let them what do they give him, like thirty seconds or something, and then they then they break it up. No, no, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like if they hit the ice, they break it up, if they get up against the boards a certain way or yeah, and when it's over, you just know.
Speaker 1: Some parameters around.
Speaker 2: But what I think is is, let's say that situation happens, you wreck twenty two, one of your pick crew guys gotta go fight another pick crew guy on the lawnch So.
Speaker 1: I'm about that, But like we're boys with all, like the pick crews like a fraternity.
Speaker 2: All hockey guys are boys too. Sometimes you gotta fucking.
Speaker 1: Now, if the pick you guys were to mess with him, then yeah, I'd want to take him down. But like the beef is between the drivers, we're like the pit crews were were.
Speaker 3: They all say yeah, fraternity.
Speaker 2: Yeah here, I'm gonna do a lot of frat parties. They fight, Yeah, get into it.
Speaker 1: If we're coming over and like one of their guys after Austin, then I'm gonna go after.
Speaker 3: Like back up or thought that my guys won't be there for me.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, no doubt them boys are going to be there. I know we're kind of wrapping up. We're gonna hit the segment in a second. But because we have a pit crew guy, and we've talked about this a lot of time on this podcast, what kind of gifts are you getting? Yeah, you're about community, your guys, you love him, you live at the relationship.
Speaker 1: You guys have quarterback offensive line type cash for me. He does. He does give us an at the end of the year. Yeah, how many pop he doesn't have to do that? Then how many boys are to pick crew? There's five on the pit crew and then there's like six or seven on road crew, engineer, crew chief.
Speaker 2: All right, so he does eleven or twelve guys.
Speaker 1: He does give us a nice envelope at the end of the year. Boy, we did have one year where we had a bonus program with him for if we did a certain like like a time on a stop, and we had we got a lot of them, and I think he realized, shit, maybe should have done this, But so now we don't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, but is that true?
Speaker 1: I guess so, yeah it is. We Ray set it up with you in the off season one year.
Speaker 3: And it was amoight have helped me out there with pick coach.
Speaker 1: It was right. It was for twelve second like stops.
Speaker 3: But now like you're in the eight yeah, but that was for five there was five log.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, now for one log we do like if we get an eight second stop or like under an eight eight or something, you give us a little cheddar for every one of those. I think we did a little too many of those fast stops. Yeah, breaking the bank.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Tell you what you want faster stops.
Speaker 1: You haven't said that's right, But now he does give us a nice envelope at the end of the year to hear because there needs to be more of that community, not just a dinner like some of these other drivers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's some sort of sponsor you have, like merch or take guys to a really nice dinner, spend your money on me. That's what you want, that's what you want.
Speaker 1: But he definitely does it.
Speaker 2: I love that this segment is one word. You have one word, that's it to describe these photos that we're about to show you on the screen right here. Okay, one word, one word. You can jump into it, you guys, get well, let's let's get the first photo. That's not it, that's not a photo.
Speaker 1: Legend the goat. Yeah, that's two words. He deserves two words.
Speaker 2: Next one.
Speaker 1: Hero trailblazer.
Speaker 2: Okay, beautiful beauty. If he said, you don't know who that is?
Speaker 1: That is Richard Childers when he was young, My grandpa, H I got a word, but I your truth.
Speaker 2: Crane.
Speaker 3: He looks like a crane to me.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Graceful creatures, graceful creatures, cranes.
Speaker 1: What's the I'll come up with another one because I can't say the one. Slender Man, Yeah, slender Man. Slender Man just creeps in the night, creep. You don't know what, you don't know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: Let's pause on this report. What's so let's pause on this guy?
Speaker 1: What is because low key this guy's he is a dog of a driver.
Speaker 2: One of my favorites because of every driver. He don't give doesn't give a ship, doesn't care care about making friends. And dudes are like you know, you hear people say things very nicely, but like it's a disrespectful thing.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: What about this dude?
Speaker 3: I mean I think he's got the right attitude truthfully, Yeah, yeah, I mean it is what it is. I mean, some people are pissed off about it, but you know, I mean, he pisses me off, but some of them, like I got I had one of the best cars we've had all You're in Michigan and he caused the wreck and I was in it, and I'm like, actually, my grandfather was viral. He said something about his eyes being close together.
Speaker 2: Okay Grandpa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyways, you know, I just you know, I think he's doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: I think we need that.
Speaker 3: I think we need NASCAR needs that.
Speaker 2: You need a characters who's going to be the batman.
Speaker 3: I just want to see if he's able to continue to bat right. I think the hardest part is if he's going to be able to continue it, like to do it right right right.
Speaker 2: There's multiple I think it was Larson that said this. He's just most fresh in my mind because he was last week.
Speaker 3: But he was talking about how it's very hard to do it over a long period of time, right, like.
Speaker 2: Being as aggressive as he is, like honing those traits of learning when and when not to be aggressive, because causing the recks can shorten up your career a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a little bit of a taste of his own medicine.
Speaker 3: From Yeah, Corey him that that little duo there, it's it's pretty good. I like Corey. He was straight up legit about what he thought about him too.
Speaker 2: I hate him, quote straight up quote.
Speaker 3: I think he's quoted said I hate him. You can look it up interview. I saw, Yeah, that's just kind of yeah. He wrecked the championships, the.
Speaker 2: Heel, he's the villain. He's the joker of your guys, is the joker of our of our league.
Speaker 3: He's both are amazing race car drivers.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's get back, Let's let's do the one work chef.
Speaker 1: Jerk. I used to like Joey a lot too, but after the stuff with when he did on that holding that grudge that tastes in my.
Speaker 2: Mind and a chin strap beard that has villain. Absolutely, there's the bond.
Speaker 1: There's a character in uh. Jim Carrey played the character in UH Sonic and the Sonic. Yeah that's who he looks like.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I haven't seen it, but jerk is Paul's word.
Speaker 3: I gotta come up with a word. Yeah, I'm gonna say this because I think he would say it. Stingy even says it. He says he's stingy.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, stingy, NAF.
Speaker 3: That's kind of three words.
Speaker 1: Well it's one as it is.
Speaker 2: But what his NAS stand for?
Speaker 3: You don't know what NAS stands?
Speaker 1: Athletic?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, come on, okay, all right, we got them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we were big on nafs. Coach.
Speaker 3: Uh this is tough man because he's really good at what he does.
Speaker 1: He's a champion. Yeah, really good race car driver.
Speaker 2: Unathletic.
Speaker 3: Uh no, that's true. But he's an owner.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one. And a driver.
Speaker 2: One more one more, last one, last one?
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, what do you got for that?
Speaker 2: Dog? Aggressive? Oh?
Speaker 1: I liked I like that. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: You know we played against each other. I'm sure he still Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We put mitts. We put mits on each other.
Speaker 2: I need to find or have somebody find a clip of that.
Speaker 1: We got a hat. There's got to be something. I'm sure. I'm sure you put that ten. I'm sure you put me down. I was skinny back then.
Speaker 2: I mean I was two eighty five. Like that was my first start ever in college.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first start ever, two eighty five.
Speaker 1: That was my red shirt freshman year and yours too, right, yep.
Speaker 2: Retro freshman year, and it's like, uh, I mean just the team when we play. I think it was a it was a slacking.
Speaker 1: Well first half wasn't first half. We were twenty eight fourteen, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we were in it were I was with that game, being like, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Have you've seen his special teams play that he messed up and called and like it worked out for him against Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a fake pun on against Florida and uh, I was trying to audible it, but nobody could hear me, and so I'm down to the swamp. Yeah, I'm like, all right, we're just gonna run it because nobody heard me obviously, So I was trying to check out of it. And our punter gets the ball and just takes off, darts, gets the first down and then gets clobbered on the sideline when he was already out of bounds, and like their sideline, like the crowd is right on you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played in the No, I've never. I've never even been to the s One Swamps.
Speaker 1: Awesome place to play, and the sideline was like right on the top. So he gets launched into this like metal fence and like our strain, coach gets in the face. Everybody's getting in the face of the Florida player and we get another fifteen yards in the first down and worked out good. And you can see my coach just screaming at me on the sidelines like, which it work? Come on, chill out. Yeah it was awesome.
Speaker 3: I love his old play.
Speaker 1: Is that try try you've ever tried bowling green fake punt Florida twenty twelve? Definitely try this out? Actually, you know twenty twelve. Just go to videos. Yeah, I don't. Maybe it's not up anymore. Too old man, too old brother, we're old.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: YouTube.
Speaker 2: So I didn't play offens the lines on my senior year and my dad made like that by the way first Yeah, it was it was nuts. I had two games and I ended up getting like became an All American because of these two games. And he had the film and I have like my junior highights from when I was a nose tackle horrendous, awful football player my senior year. I still to this day can't find that highlight tape and it breaks my heart because sometimes I just want to sit there and be like yeah right, yeah, oh yeah, people hate that. I love kind of going back of memory land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just found my old DVD highlight tape from high school. Popped that in every once in a while, like look at this, yeah boy, come look at your boy, Come look at your husband.
Speaker 2: What it was the highlight of your football career? Like the number one thing was the punt.
Speaker 1: No, Max shn't win in the MAC Championship because we were like when when I came out into bowling, green Clawson who was my coach, he came in the same time I did, and in the five years we were there, like we built it up to be like a powerhouse in the MAC and that was super satisfying that we finally won the MAC Championship my last year. And then he went to Wake Forest and I went down there with him, and so it was just it was a cool story.
Speaker 2: And yeah, really what about individual play, Like what's the greatest player.
Speaker 1: In your head? Sticking Dak Prescott for sure? Yeah, down down in Mississippi States, sticking him. He was trying to run, so it was the end of the game. They were trying to drive and just wear the clock out and win the game. We were down by a point, were down in their red zone. It's a quarterback keep will Power came at me, bop popped him, stripped the ball out. They said forward progress, so they didn't give us the fumble. Then the next play after they tried to run a jet sweep, ran the guy down on the sideline, tackled him the next play, and then it was fourth and like I don't know two or three, and we stuck him there and got the ball back and gave our offensive chance. But they are sure handed short white receiver slot guy. You know, they always make the catch. Yeah, always dropped it on third down. Man put it would have put us in field goal range.
Speaker 2: To win the game. Agains Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been nice.
Speaker 2: Upset.
Speaker 1: We had some dogs on that team in twenty thirteen, man, sounds like it. We had some weird We had some good football players.
Speaker 2: Buddy, I'll be honest. This has been an incredible podcast.
Speaker 1: Awesome you guys.
Speaker 2: I love the duo between the two. I love just being a part of it as a third wheel for the what hour and change that we've been going.
Speaker 1: Hell of a time. It was awesome, will Willy vacations.
Speaker 2: We missed you though, bro, Yeah, we missed Willie boy. We missed him, but fellas appreciate you. Let's give these two rhinalplaus thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: Please subscribe, Please comment, big hugs, tiny kisses, awesome, Probably what app.
Speaker 1: That was great?
Speaker 5: Twenty one plus and present in select states. For Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino or eighteen plus and present in DC, opt in required bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler or visit rg dash help dot com Call one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org slash chat. In Connecticut, Hope is here Gambling Helpline MA dot org or call eight hundred three two seven fifty fifty for twenty four seven support. In Massachusetts, visit www dot MD gambling help dot organ Maryland call one eight seven seven eight Hope NY or text Hope n Y four six seven three sixty nine.
Speaker 1: In New York