Speaker 1: Amazon isn't the only place people shop online a merged demiro.
Speaker 2: This is rich on tech Daily. A new report from.
Speaker 1: Similar Web reveals the places we love to shop online, and it's not just Amazon. The market intelligence company measures traffic to sites from mobile devices and desktops. I love this kind of data. Let's go through some of it. Let's start with general merchandise and yes, Amazon is tops with fifty four percent of traffic. Next closest competitor is eBay with twenty three percent of the traffic. Then after that it's Walmart with ten percent of general merchandise, Etsy and then Target. Are you surprised, I'd say so. Gizmoto Media Group, which is owned by Univision. They have a bunch of blogs, including Gizmoto and life Hacker. They send the most referral traffic to retail sites. Basically, when they talk about products, people are purchasing them. Next up, You've got clothes. Now this is a surprise. Macy's is on top with twenty four percent of the traffic, then JC Penny with thirteen percent, followed by Nordstrom, Nike, and then Gap. A lot of chatter about this on LinkedIn because Amazon's not in the top ten, which means there's a lot of opportunity for them.
Speaker 2: Here two things I noticed.
Speaker 1: First off, they're starting something similar to stitch Fix, where you can order a bunch of clothes in a box, They send them to you, and then you send back the stuff you don't like. I've filled up my box, I have not pressed the purchase button yet on that.
Speaker 2: One second thing I noticed is.
Speaker 1: That Amazon has a lot of new house brands for their own clothes. Basically, they are making clothes for members under their own name. So that's kind of interesting as well. We'll see where it goes with Amazon when it comes to close. But interesting stat here, foot Locker gets eighty two percent of its traffic from mobile devices. And if you know anything about sneaker heads, they love their sneakers. They're probably just always looking at them on their phones all day long. Next up, my favorite category, electronics. Spy dot Com is on top here with forty one percent of the market share. Then socalsnewegg dot com has seventeen percent, followed by game Stop and BNH Photo out of New York. Reddit sends a lot of users to electronics sites to purchase stuff, and that's understandable. Now, for travel, trip Advisor is tops, and it's interesting because you probably don't think of that as a travel purchasing site, but I've noticed in recent years they've really done a lot of comparison shopping on there, so I guess people are really starting to buy through there. That has twenty eight percent of the traffic. Expedia is next closest with fifteen percent, followed by Airbnb with fourteen percent. Now, this one's interesting. The site you see advertise the most on TV, Travago, is in tenth place in the travel segment with just three point five percent of traffic.
Speaker 2: When it comes to travel.
Speaker 1: Top searches include cheap flights, flights and restaurants near me. Now, for airlines, Southwest is on top with twenty five percent of the traffic, followed by America, Delta, and United. Tuesday is the most popular day for people to visit airline websites. Traffic is twenty percent higher, and I'm guessing that's because you hear all the time on the news how Tuesday is the best day to buy airline tickets. One more tidbit, Kayak sends the most traffic to airline sites, and that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a given.
Speaker 1: That's where I go most of the time to do my comparison shopping, along with Google Flights. Finally, when it comes to insurance, Geico is tops with twenty three percent of market share. Then Progressive State Farm and All State nationwide is number ten with three point three percent of traffic. Now among the top paid keywords, car insurance quotes is the top thing that people are searching for. Companies pay get this about eighty three dollars to earn your click when you search for that term. Wow, that is very competitive. Again, this all comes from similar webs Digital Insights. This is their US quarterly index for the first quarter of twenty eighteen. If you want to see the whole you can find a link to it on my website. Richontech dot tv. Thanks for listening to the show. If you like what I'm doing here, please leave me a review in the Apple Podcasts app. That way more people discover the podcast. I'm Rich Demiro.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you real soon.