Speaker 1: Where did you find out that from Kyle that you were the number two quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think it was uh, you know, just uh going out to practice and him kind of relaying the news to me.
Speaker 3: And was that on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the exact day. Yeah, sur price to you or had you thought the days were kind of trending in that direction? No, I think you know, for for me and Trey, you know, we're we're both competing, and you know, we were doing everything that we could to earn that job. And you know, I think for me it's as a competitor, you know, you're expected to to want to win that job. And for me, it was just going out there playing really good football every single day. And I knew that at the end of the day, if I did that, I could be in a really good spot to earn that job. But I wasn't. I wasn't in my head at all ever, like thinking, oh, you know, I have a really good chance to win this. You know, I was just taking it one day at a time, you know, one practice at a time, one game at a time.
Speaker 3: That it's the spot that traded, now getting getting traded. What kind of words do you have for him or did you have for him? Spoke to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I haven't gotten a chance to spoke to him or speak to him yet since he got traded, But yeah, I mean he's you know, he's a great dude, you know, loved in the locker room and all those things, and great teammate, you know, even coming here and competing and doing all those things. And even since O t as, you know, he's been nothing but great to me. And you know I've I've appreciated that a ton. So I'm sorry. What was your question?
Speaker 3: What kind of you know, advice or would you you know, as someone who's.
Speaker 1: Been Yeah, he's going through now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's it's just you know, putting one foot in front of the other. I'm taking it one day at a time, you know, obviously going there and I know he's gonna, you know, you know, sees whatever opportunity comes in his way, and he's he's gonna you know, dive headfirst into that playbook and get it down. So it's just it's really, you know, it's it's kind of a you know, what's next mentality in terms of uh, trying to get the the playbook down. And and you don't really have time to to think about any other things other than football.
Speaker 4: You have an opportunity to speak to him after you.
Speaker 3: Were told that you would want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we had we had a you know, a couple of days to just be able to be in the quarterback meetings and stuff and talk about it. And yeah, I know, uh, you know Trey, like I said, he's he's a great dude, really good player. He's gonna go somewhere and you know, go to Dallas and take advantage of the opportunities that it gets.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of Trey's biggest fans have been mildly critical of you. I've just kind of wondered, have you heard that criticism as it bothered you at all? How have you dealt with it the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. I haven't heard or looked at any criticism. You know, I'm not scrolling through the comments on on anything, Twitter, Instagram, any of that stuff, so, you know, and then people, I haven't. I haven't heard anything on the streets or anything like that, people saying things to me. But yeah, I think I think if I if I were to see those things or hear those things. It would just you know, I don't know if it would affect you that much. To be honest, we.
Speaker 4: Talked to You've got a lot a lot about better decision making is key for you. May interceptions and training game practice, citizen. In one interception you had the game in the preseason. It wasn't your fault. I mean, obviously it seems like you're you're making strides. What is it it's helped you develop in that area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think for me, it's it's understanding, Okay, you know what the situation is, you know, having a better grasp of Okay, first and second down, you know, just being a little more careful with the football. Understanding you know, we have a couple more downs to go to get the first down, and you know all those things play into it. And then third down kind of understanding what coverage they play and where we want to attack the defense, and uh, you know what my progressions are. So I think, you know, having a having a really good grasp on the offense and understanding kind of what the defense is doing, and being able to make quick and decisive decisions with the football. You know, that's you know, the biggest part in this position is is take care of the football, and that's I think the best way to do it.
Speaker 1: What have you learned about the system and how it might get you better than other places you've been.
Speaker 2: You know, I just think, you know, going going through the progressions, and you know, I'm not going to compare it to any other systems I've been in, but I just love how, you know, everything's very concise and clear, and it's this is where we're going with the football in this coverage and this coverage, we're alerting this and we're we're just getting it down to our back or whatever. It's. Uh, it's very clear and concise with what we want to do and what we want to accomplish on every play play.
Speaker 1: And so how do you feel like, you you know, at the end of the day when you go in and watch the film with Brian or whomever, how have you been as far as making the right reads and making the right decision?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know, I feel like I've been doing a good job of making the right decisions. You know, there's gonna be certain plays where you'd like to have it back, but usually I can tell you know, right after the play day I should have gone to my alert on that player gone to the back, So
Speaker 3: Up for sure, guys,