Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Yes, welcome to another episode of Reasonably shad Dy. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here with us once again. La blah blah okay, and Jazelle's out of her work conference. Oh she is back from the work conference.
Speaker 1: Back lies. Yes, I'm coming from Robin's house.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I is so crazy because like we've been doing this for a very long time. Not a very long time, but a long time. Yeah, like four.
Speaker 1: Years almost almost four full years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, And it dawned upon me recently, like as I'm driving here today, like, oh my god, we have a podcast, right, Like when we were doing potomacause it was like season four, you were like, oh my god, we're on TV. Right. Yeah, that's how I feel like. We have a podcast. Yes, we have a podcast. This is not a fluke, people, not a fluke.
Speaker 1: It's not and I feel we I love it. We hear from more and more people like for the first time. You know, we do have our regulars who write in or message us, but we're I feel like we're hearing from a lot of new people that are are you know, just sending love and praise or you know, their first email. Oh this is my first time emailing. So I think that's awesome that Like, we're building our is it a listenership?
Speaker 2: Yeah, our audience, our audio audience. We're building the audience. Our audience, y'all be loving us. Okay, So thank y'all everybody who yesterday watched The Real Housewives of but don't make season nine season premiere all the things, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay. Moving on, so.
Speaker 1: Being shady, yes, it is reasonably shady.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the shady part. You're not supposed to be shady, Robin, Okay, but we're gonna get I'm gonna be very reasonable. Robin is being shady and I'm not mad at it. But I didn't watch last season, yeah, or the season before that. Yeah, the season before that. So yeah, it's it's far for the course. Okay. So I am October twenty first having a live shown first Chicago stands up. I'm coming to Chicago and it is. Somebody was like, Wellese, what are you gonna be doing. We're gonna be laughing, we're gonna be dancing, we're gonna be partying like rock stars, and it's just me and y'all and we're gonna kick it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, So so be prepared for for for me to ask you some questions. They're gonna be shady okay, and you have to answer them.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna ask the audience questions. Can they ask you question?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is this is craw participation people, so get into it. It is at the City Winery in Chicago, October twenty first sounds fun. Yes, okay. I think that's all the announcements I have so reasonably shady moment, Robin.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you remember last week I talked about the dock workers that are about to go on strike. Yes, and so they are now on strike and I was like, oh, you know, it's just like you're like, okay, well what kind of stuff is going to be affected? Like okay, cars, furniture. I'm like, okay, you know, I'm all good. I got all the stuff that I need. Actually I don't have all the stuff that I need for my business. So I said, I was like, oh thank god, my treatment beds have already made it here. Yeah, no for Glow thirty. Yes, the treatment beds for my business, Glow thirty, are on a ship that's scheduled to.
Speaker 2: Reach the dock.
Speaker 1: This weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay and yeah, so okay, so what just happened to sit there? Okay, So that's what happens with the strike. So they they don't come off the boat.
Speaker 1: No, they don't come off the boat. The boat is just going to sit in water for as long as it takes the dock workers to get back to work.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're going to figure this out quick.
Speaker 1: I hope. So you know, one of our great buddy listeners, Derek Dash, works at the dock. So mine is going into the New York port and yeah, and so I was like messaging him, I'm like, help us.
Speaker 2: System, Like, how's it going? And get my tables?
Speaker 1: I hope y'all.
Speaker 2: Get what y'all need?
Speaker 1: Yeah right away.
Speaker 2: Oh totally.
Speaker 1: But he said they're like far apart. The sides are far apart.
Speaker 3: The International Longshoreman's Association and the US Maritime Alliance failing to reach a deal, leaving ships sitting off shore in Texas and shipping containers at some of the busiest hubs in the US idle just weeks before the holiday season.
Speaker 2: Oh, the sides are far apart.
Speaker 1: The sides are far apart. They made an offer to the workers that was like way less than what they want to accept, and yeah, so we got a little ways to go. And then I'm worried because now I'm seeing these posts about the man that's in charge of the union of the dock workers union and supposedly he is a Trump supporter. So supposedly this is intentional, Oh Jesus to create chaos in the US economy. Wow, as we approach the election, the election. Wow, because this strike could potentially cost up to four like over four billion dollars per day.
Speaker 2: Oh god, right, Well, everybody's buying up all the toilet paper and.
Speaker 1: Which that's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Is not like they make toilet paper in the United States. That's not necessary domestic exactly. That's how like a news reports again, they were like, that is unnecessary if you don't have to do that one right ahead. I mean, so they're just like it, like I said, like, it's people who if you're you're ordering furniture.
Speaker 1: Or cars like stuff like that. But yeah, this could potentially cost the country four billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars a day all the tricks that we play in order to get elected into right presidency.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm hoping that's not the case. By the way, Derek Dash was on the Joe Budden podcast talking.
Speaker 2: About talking about this.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Derek, so go damn.
Speaker 2: Rick right, get your podcast on, damn me.
Speaker 1: A picture like he's like in the room with them. I'm like, oh, that's so awesome, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And Joe Button of all people. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Joe seems like a while one. I would like to have a conversation with him. His podcast is really popular. Yeah, totally makes a lot of money. Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so my treatment beds are.
Speaker 2: So who's the shady people here? The dock workers, the strike. Who's shady? Life? Is shady light? Shade light? Just life light?
Speaker 1: I mean, really, they should have These beds were ordered a long time ago, and so they should have been here that I thought they were going to be by the end of August, because I was worried about like, oh, well, where am I going to store them while my my space is still being built out? Yeah yeah, I mean so now that's not an issue. But so I guess you could say the shady people are the manufacturers, okay, who didn't ship them out right away, or maybe the boat driver who didn't drive fast enough across the ocean.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we got to get this hand because Glow thirty can We're moving forward with Glow thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh yea yeah, no, it's gonna open. We're gonna like have some temporary beds in there. You know, we're going to make it happen. But it's just an inconvenience, you know. And it's like the beds are really nice, they're heated, they're motoriy you know, you cannot press a button up and down. Yeah, but for now, I probably have to do one of them little like flat massage tables or like you know, the tables that's used at the barbecue, Like what do you like, rectangular.
Speaker 2: Tables, folding volting table. There we go. It's okay, y'all, just work with just work with her. Yes, But so that but that's like the.
Speaker 1: Stress of being a business owner, like to this degree, you know, when you have a space and equipment and overhead and employees, like this is one of those things. But once we get it going, it's to.
Speaker 2: Be it's gonna be amazing. Yes, I know why. It's proud of you. He is.
Speaker 1: He's very proud of me, Like and when we go visit the space, he's like, oh my gosh, like he's.
Speaker 2: Like, this is so cool. Yeah, I love it. Okay. My shady moment is of course them children, dim children. Okay. So I was on my work. I just got back from my work vacation. I mean my.
Speaker 1: Work, your extended work conference.
Speaker 2: My work conference, that's right, not a work damn shown out of vacation. And I was three hours behind time wise, and I told my children like seventeen times, like the time difference, right. And every day a door called me at four thirty in the morning, oh my god, because it was her seven thirty, right, and she just wants to talk to me she started her day, yes, and I would and I would literally be like and in the beginning I was like, okay, fine, and I would talk to her yeah. And then I got to the point where I was like a door, I'm tired, click, and then she's and then like, wouldn't that signal like I'm not going to continue to wake my mother up every day.
Speaker 1: Yes, this sounds like with the people in my house, it.
Speaker 2: Was every day, and then it would be follow so I would hang up on our and then be followed by Angel and then it'd be followed. Well, Grace kind of sleeps in. She she was calling me later in the day. But like them twins, Oh damn twins.
Speaker 1: I would have you should have blocked them.
Speaker 2: Listen. If I could get away with it, I would. But yeah, that was the show.
Speaker 1: Would they be like, oh I forgot or no, they'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh, mom, we just thought maybe you'd be up at four point thirty when I told you yesterday, I'll high up on you and it mind you, it's super bright where there are it would be pitch black, right, I'm answering the phone. It's pitch black. Yes, And they're just carrying on a conversation. Oh my gosh, Yes, thank you shady twins. Thank you now you've caught up. Yes, yes I am. Now I've got quickly want to get into Beverly Hills really quickly, because I did see kind of like they're they're about to premiere, and they kind of like had a sneak peak like promo of swords and it's kind of very risque.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like bur Lescus Burless.
Speaker 2: It was cloaking dagger, excitement, intrigue. Hm, where was that from? Potomac? Where has that ever been?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 2: You all are in a flower?
Speaker 1: You looking at y'all. Stuff makes me want to sneeze.
Speaker 2: I just want to know why we are not created equally like it's this is ridiculous. So that's just my that's my side. My side is.
Speaker 1: The literal diamond jewel of the network.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so I just and we're the flower and everybody gets allergies. Moving on, it's time to take a break, presented by Die Coke. For the next few minutes, we're going to tell you how we're taking a break this week.
Speaker 1: It feels like we're always on go, go, go mode with work, family, sports, recording, and filming.
Speaker 2: But no matter how busy the calendar is, we always find time to unwind, relax and catch up for some friendship and fizz time over an ice cold diet coke.
Speaker 1: So on your next friendship and fizz meet up, remember to enjoy it with a crispy diet coke over plenty of ice. Whether we are on the go, are just taking a break lounging around the house, we always reach for a diet coke to quench our thirst. The lovely burn of diet coke feels crispy and refreshing with every sip. It's just what we need.
Speaker 2: So what I love to do is get my diet coke, nice and cold and refreshing and sit on my couch and catch up on all my favorite shows.
Speaker 1: We want to invite you to take a break with us and enjoy a break with a diet coke. Let's take a break together. We hope you all enjoy that little bit of me time thanks to diet coke, crispy, cold, refreshing and a sip of relaxation. To remind you, this is my time, this.
Speaker 2: Is my taste.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we get into like all the mess in the shade, Yeah, I want to give a my deepest sympathies condolences to the people affected by Hurricane Helene. Yes, so we got a letter from Lauren Crook. She says, Hi, Jazelle and Robin. First off, I love listening to your podcast and love watching you both. Last podcast, Jaselle mentioned how Hurricane Helene was inconvenencing her at the time of the recording. I'm sure that wasn't news out yet about the devastation it costs to western North Carolina, but I wanted to make you both aware of how bad it is. I'm a native to Asheville, North Carolina, but I'm currently in college in Greensboro, North Carolina, where the storm had no effect on us. However, my whole immediate family and friends are in Asheville currently with no power, water, or self service. I've been able to make content and they are okay, but so many others are not. There are smaller mountain towns that are not getting the news attention that have been completely wiped out gone. The news isn't doing a good job of showing how bad it is down there, but I've heard some awful things. They are comparing it to Hurricane Katrina, but in the mountains, so you can only imagine how horrible it is. If you go on TikTok and look at western North Carolina, you can get a better understanding how bad it is. Since the news isn't doing a good job, so many of the roads I've driven on every day are not there anymore. There are many people who live up in the mountains that are completely stranded because the one road that can get them to and from their house is non existent. It is so incredibly sad, and I'm so worried about all the people who are still missing. There's a town called Chimney Rock that is completely gone, and I would suggest to look that up to a few of the smaller towns that haven't been mentioned as much are Swannanoah, Black Mountain, Hendersonville, Old Fort, Brevard, Hot Springs, Silva Saluda, Waynesville, and so many more. They're still rescuing people and the body tolls keep growing. We have a long road ahead of us, and I'm praying for everyone's safety. So and she keeps going on, and so I just wanted to send love, sympathy, totally condolences, concern to the people affected by Hurricane Helene. They stay the news is not doing a good job of reporting on this devastating hurricane at all. I remember with Hurricane Katrina, and they're comparing this devastation to Hurricane Katrina. I just see an alert the death toll source to two hundred after Georgia and Florida officials report more debts. So they're saying it's like the devastation is like Katrina. I remember with Katrina, it was like on the news all day every day. Remember they had the funny but not funny the fundraiser where Kanye West was like George Bush doesn't care about black people, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Care about black people.
Speaker 1: But they had a whole telethon telethon and raising money.
Speaker 2: You don't hear anything about this? Well, I think really, I think Katrina was like one of the first big ones, right that we could remember, you know, like prior to that, right, like major major and then and I feel like every time, like every year around this time, Yeah, there's another like Semi Katrina. Yeah, and I think we're like desensitized, which is desensitized terrible, right, But yeah, No, I didn't know. And what's so crazy is I knew it hit Tallahassee because of grades, and I knew it it bothered like parts of Georgia, Atlanta friend of mine or a tree fell on his car and on his house. But I didn't know anything about North.
Speaker 1: Carolina, Carolina, and it's western North Carolina. It's in the mountains, and imagine a major storm affecting the mountains, like all the houses are literally sliding it's they're they're sliding down on landslides, like Jesus Us, there's they are sliding away. And when you think of a hurricane, you definitely don't think of the mountains, right, Yeah, right, wow, So I mean I've seen people yeah, like there's yeah, she was saying people were like having to sit on top of the roof of their house and then the roof collapsed.
Speaker 2: She saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she watched her family disappear into the water. I mean, this is just crazy. So I wanted to send love to everyone affected by that, you know, the people who are still there, the people who are worried about their loved ones. I do believe hopefully the government and FEMA is providing the support that they need. But I mean, I just yeah, so I just want to you know, and I know, like we talked about it, and yeah, it was an inconvenience and it was like, well, thank god that they're safe. But we just want to acknowledge that there's people that are really praying.
Speaker 2: Our hearts go out to all of them, praying for them and moving forward, like we see a global warm warming is a real thing. Yes, So when you are voting yes and November and that's what Laurence said. She said, if Donald.
Speaker 1: Trump wins, he won't give a f about what happens in a natural disaster, and I'm sure there will be no help with rebuilding our community. Also, global warming for sure had an impact on this hurricane, and you know Trump and the other Republicans could care less. Lauren Crooks said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Lauren, you know we're saying people you have to keep in mind when you vote that you need to vote for somebody that understands that global warming is a real thing. It's a real, real, real thing. We've been saying this for a while.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean even here, when's the last time we had a bad snowstorm?
Speaker 2: It's been it's been well, no, because we got do we get one? Okay, it's been a minute. No, yeah, no. My first coach said, I don't have Peter on for me. I don't wear him anymore. Peter, you don't get to wear don't get to wear him. Okay, So we do need to switch over to the nonsense because I haven't. Let's go to pick you know, a voe to pick Christian Siriano, Oh you do? Okay, So he was on Watch what happens lot. But Cohen, do you remember what he said?
Speaker 1: No, I mean about dressing a houseworkers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was like, you know, Andy asked, you know, does does he work within housewives? And he was saying, I'm actually and i've bet Christians before.
Speaker 1: Christian Sceriano, if y'all don't know, is a fashion designer. He's a fashion designer one Project Runway, Project Runway. Actually I watched that whole episode of Project Runway when he won.
Speaker 2: This was a very long time ago. I met him when I did Project Runway. Because if we had a couple of housewives on long story short, he said he doesn't work with housewives because they don't pay, right as if we're all broke right now. There are some very broke housewives, no question about.
Speaker 1: And there are some housewives that want things for free.
Speaker 2: That too, I was getting to that. So and their housewives that refuse to pay for anything, I understand that too. But you cannot give a blanket statement. It's just like saying, you know, making a racial statement. Cannot do that, Christian. If I would have gotten addressed from you, I would have paid for it. I would not have asked for it to be free. I would have just paid for it. As a matter of fact, Semione, I'm not paying for it, right, Christian. It's not fair on treatise like that. Yes, it's kind of like you know when they say, like all housewives are idiots.
Speaker 1: Right, But I think he probably honestly has not interacted with a lot of housewives, you know, so maybe the house he probably has received phone calls or emails from a housewives rep. That's like, oh, I represent show and show, and yeah, she wants to wear your clothes, send her something. Now she's going to be making appearances, she's going to be doing press for her show, and she wants clothes. Yeah, And so that's probably the experience that he has with housewives. He probably doesn't know that, you know, shit, he don't know that. I could have gone on sex and purchased a Christian Seriano outfit.
Speaker 2: Totally, you know and right. And if you're going to say that about housewives, and I get it, Yeah, I get it. Say who they are right? Say who refused to pay? Say who just wants some for free? Don't like, don't don't do that. Yeah, I mean it's a lot of us out here, not really, It's just like one hundred and fifty. No, it's a lot. I mean that's enough.
Speaker 1: I really don't like receiving stuff for free.
Speaker 2: Neither do I neither do. Let me tell you why? Yeah, Well you say why yeah?
Speaker 1: Because people it's the expectation of yes, giving something in return, which is like if I'm gonna if I like it, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna wear it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wear it on my time, yes, And when I get to it, I'm not gonna be like, Okay, let me go do a photo shoote specifically so I can like post this or whatever. So it's just yeah, if if some if I get something for free and I wear it, I'll tag it, I'll say thank you. But I don't want the pressure or the expectation of doing anything for something that I didn't ask for.
Speaker 2: Totally one, totally. I will never forget. And this was like years ago. Somebody had like DMed me and they were like, hey, can I send you whatever, and let's say with sunglasses I think it was sunglasses, and they sent it to me. They didn't say can you post or whatever, They just sent it to me and then they hit my dms like every day, like when you're gonna post when you're gonna tag, when you're gonnaost, when you're gonna post. So I said, let me send it back. I don't want the shit like you're you're you're harassing me for giving me something for free, and we didn't, we didn't have an arrangement like that. I was gonna post it and tag you out kind of my heart so anyway, and I'm all here for helping, like the upstart, like the up and coming vendors. I'm here to help y'all. But like, you can't harass me. I said, let me sit away minute. I said, let me send it back, and she was like, oh no, no, no, no, you can keep it. You can keep it. I was like, yeah, I don't mind sending it back at all, right.
Speaker 1: Because you want to It's not that you want to post when you wear it, but I don't want it to be like, Okay, let me go put this on and take a picture specifically so I can post this. You know you want it to be. It should be more organic or organic and authentic, just as them reaching out should have been.
Speaker 2: Totally so Christian. Feel free to say I'll send you my address. It's gonna be in your DMS. Okay, anyway, let's move on to Scott Dissick, because that's my guy. I don't know Scott do Sick, but I just feel like that's just my guy, because like, how can you not like Scott. He's been through a lot. If you've seen any of the Kardashians, yeah, he's the father to three of Courtney's children, right, Courtney. So in one of the latest episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians that I didn't see, I just saw the clip.
Speaker 1: About to say, this still comes on and you still watch it.
Speaker 2: I just saw the clip, okay, and it touched me. This really still comes on, It's still on. It touched me because Chris is having a birthday party.
Speaker 1: Even promoted it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's on Hulu. And anyway, Chris is having a birthday party.
Speaker 1: How old is she turn do we know?
Speaker 2: No? No, clue, fabulous. The person that doesn't know is Scott because he doesn't get invited anymore to her stuff, and so he's just kind of like, wow, like why are we doing that? You know, you know you told me when when me and Courtney first got together that I was your son for life, and now that she's married, to somebody else who y'all don't really like as much as y'all like me. He didn't say that. I've said that, y'all, you don't invite me like, So my question is more forget Scott. My question is more, do you cut ties with the exes when the X is very much infiltrated into the family and has been around longer than the new person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well, in this situation, he's clearly still involved with the family because he's still getting a paycheck from being on this show.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's that, there's that, and there's he has three kids. He has three kids. The new dude has one with Courtney. Yeah, he's been around for twenty years. I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, in this situation, just from what I've observed, right, Like, Chris Jenner is kind of like a mother figure to Scott totally. And both of Scott's parents passed away. Yeah a few years ago, long time ago?
Speaker 2: Maybe ten years? Maybe two? No, a minute ago? Is that one?
Speaker 1: Less time?
Speaker 2: When me? Time flies?
Speaker 1: I think it was ten.
Speaker 2: Years eight, let's say eight?
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, Okay, So in this situation, I think they should have invited him. Yes, I mean, she has been an important part of his life. But I mean I can see where it is kind of like it's awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, awkward.
Speaker 1: But the other part, I don't know Scott and Courtney's relationship or Scott in the relationship with what's it Travis Barker Like, I don't really know that dynamic. We need to understand that, Yeah, to really understand, you know, to really have an opinion.
Speaker 2: I just feel like in this situation, this is tough.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, like I'm trying to put it in my too.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So one, my mom has been a mother figure to want totally. So if you know.
Speaker 2: For twenty plus years, twenty eight years, right, eight years.
Speaker 1: So if you know, five years down the road, we're not together, I'm remarried, I have a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fantasy. This is so not fantasy. Fantasy maybe who knows. Okay, anyway, but let's just say because this is because this would be a perfect example, right, what happens at dinner, Okay, Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: I think I would be okay saying like, Mom, feel free to invite Wan, and it's on Wan if he feels comfortable being here right with me and my new husband and my baby and.
Speaker 2: Your new little little girl called Rabina. Listen, the little girl that he always wanted. Way, I think Wan would about out, I think wand be like, hell no, I don't want to see that, dude. I can't take it. I can. Yeah, and a baby ain't cute? Oh my gosh. The hater ration would be real, right WHOA? So so I think I would put it on on him, I think, but he would be invited, yes, okay, and that's I think that that would be fair. I mean shit, Wan has been around forever. Yeah, so Scott's been around for situation. Yes, Scott needs to be invited to all family activities the end, and not not Courtney's activity, because you know they do birthdays together and all that, not Courtney stuff like Chris and stuff for sure, because.
Speaker 1: If if their child had a birthday party, Scott should be invited of course, be his child's birthday.
Speaker 2: Party with the new dude all that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like Chris was, you know, and I'm sure she probably I don't know, unless Chris and Scott don't have a good relationship anymore.
Speaker 2: They know they do, and Scott was kind of like, what what's what's t like? Why are you acting different towards me? Yeah, so I wish the conversations. She's like, oh, Scott, I don't know, you know, she she beat around a bush. But I I feel like when a relationship ends, we all have to be adults, especially when there's children involved, and if somebody moves on, they move on. And I always take the take the example of Bruce Willis, because Bruce seemed to be very comfortable with Demi's new people, Ashton or whoever else she was with it just Bruce just seemed to be like, you know, I still want Demi in my life in a great way because she's the mother of my kids, three girls. So I will accept whatever is going on because we're moving on. I just felt like that was so And I don't know the dynamics about this at all, but I do it looked like the perfect picture and I appreciate that. Speaking of and I know this is a roundabout let's just talk about Sean p ditecomes one more time.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're going to be talking about him a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of talking about him, but where just have the tip? But I'm sick of my timeline. I know it's just him and him and him and him and all the accusations in him, and I'm done.
Speaker 1: I know, I I agree, Yeah, but I think we're going to be hearing a lot now. There's like someone's trying to put together a class action lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Were talking about the hundred people. Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I.
Speaker 2: I was in a music video no Robin, no, no, okay, Robin two seconds in the p Diddy music video bad Boy Flying that you did one hundred years ago. You are not. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to make light of people who are really not making light of the man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just you know, yes, see I want to know. See this is one of those where I'm like, tell me more, Oh, you want more? I want to know more. I want satiable.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to know the details because did you see now there's like there's supposedly there's like a video of him and like with some high profile person.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's plenty of videos with high profile Leonardo DiCaprio, right, yes, I'm like, allegedly, who is it? I want to know?
Speaker 1: So I'm not sick of it yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well my timeline is sick of it really because it's I mean, listen, after the guy what killed me was the attorney that I guess is over the class action, and he was giving accounts of some of the people, like some of their stories. After we heard about the nine year old boy that situation. I didn't hear this. Okay, see, I guess are you behind? I guess my timeline is not refreshed. We heard about that allegedly.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see, I see I don't want that.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been getting my timeline.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I see I haven't seen any of that. What I don't really write. I don't want to see the accusations. I want the I want the facts.
Speaker 2: You want the fact.
Speaker 1: I want to know, like what I want to know what this? This the video the DA people, right, I want to know what's on the videos. Yeah, with the actual like what they seized in the raid the FBI, Like I want to know when the case when it goes to trial, like all that, yeah, legit information. Okay, because right now anybody can saything like I just said, like oh yeah I was in a video, so I could be like, oh yes, when I was in the video, this happened.
Speaker 2: You know, and did anything happen inappropriate? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, there was this one I was like kept pouring water on me. I was like, dude, stop.
Speaker 2: Was it baby or or it was water?
Speaker 1: It was like water. He was like pouring the water.
Speaker 2: But that was but he was supposed to write, I mean we were supposed Yeah, that was like action.
Speaker 1: It was like oh yeah, action and then he's like pouring the water on my chest and.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, it feels like.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Robin and her video, I want you to look it up and see are you in it? Can you? Can we find you if we look it up? Yeah? Oh, I want you to look it up.
Speaker 1: I don't think you find the guy pouring water, but you could see the guy like standing next to me with the glass. Okay, all right, I'm here.
Speaker 2: You'll see me like twice okay and bad Boy for life for life Okay, you never saw it. I've seen that video, sure, but you, oh, you were in the video. I'm gonna see a million times people gonna DM it to me after they hear this. Let's get tor a girl Beyonce. Beyonce got shut out of the country musical Country music was no nomination, not one nomination, not even for the song that she did with Dolly, not the song she did with Miley Cyrus that one.
Speaker 1: I think definitely.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, world, Yes, but she got her Levi's commercial you can cool best believe she got les commercial commercial partnership. I love it all whatever, I love it, yes, and I want I wonder if okay, you know how she took her pants off in the in the commercial and she put him in the in the washing machine. Now, I did not know this was a remake of.
Speaker 1: A something that really happened.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's a remake of one of Levi's original commercials. Oh. I didn't know that either. And it was a guy that took off his pants and he threw it in the washing machine. All the ladies were like peering over the their newspapers, like, oh.
Speaker 1: So, I didn't put that together.
Speaker 2: They it was like a side by side that I saw on my timeline after I scrolled through PDD Cody, So she has on these little boy shorts or boxers or whatever. Those are so cute. I don't know what those were so cute? I want those, right, I was wondering, what is that? Yeah, are they skims, No, not skims creeping up into the leaves commercial. By the way, there's the skims in Georgetown. But are we talking about be just you know, my brain was all over the place. Okay, So yeah that was a travesty.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, it was. It was shocking. But as I think about it, I'm like, I I think I think the album was positioned to pop. It's like too much pop. It's not listen, yeah, listen to the album. It's like, like, I don't think it's a straight country out them. And I don't know, but I still feel like they put their soul songs out. Yes, right, they could pull something out, they could pull even I don't I don't even know the categories, like a collaboration, the one with her and Miley, Yeah, for sure, Miley Cyrus. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I think they want to prove a point. Yeah, and they did. They proved it, And I think it was on purpose, intentional and I grew down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're like, Okay, just because you call it country, you can't just roll up in here and we're going to be like, oh, yes, here's this country album, you know. I mean, And I think.
Speaker 2: But like it should be there's something, there's something to or there should be something to who got more airplay, who got more demand? Like calls to play the music? What's that called? I don't know, streams or something like who got who's getting that popularity? Like there's no category for that. Yeah, that is, But I don't think she does she want to win an award? Dude, does she care? I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Well, after hearing jay Z at the Grant means when he kind of like called him out for her never winning what Record of the Year, I think it is important to them. Okay, Okay, I think at least okay, it's not even about winning the award. She wasn't nominating.
Speaker 2: She wasn't even nominous.
Speaker 1: That's like so I think it's like not being nominated means you're not being recognized by this, you know, award show for your work.
Speaker 2: For the You're not being recognized from the industry, the country music.
Speaker 1: And I feel like some of the stuff some of her press surrounding this album, she would say stuff kind of like almost feeling like she had something to prove in that industry.
Speaker 2: You can't wait for Jay Z's new speech. He's going to give it to him country music. Jay Z's coming for you.
Speaker 1: So to be interesting what happens with the Grammys, you know, because I think people thought when she made Cowboy Carter that this would have been the album that would have put her in Record of the Year contention because it was country and you did.
Speaker 2: You know what's so crazy? I felt like Renaissance should have gotten it. I agree who won over Renaissance? Taylor Swift? Boo no shade to Taylor, but.
Speaker 1: Boo boo Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Oh no, definitely. I mean Renaissance is so crazy because you know, when I was on my work Contenson, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift is still on tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really weird, that same tour. That what's happening When Beyonce was on tour two years ago.
Speaker 1: She's still touring.
Speaker 2: She's still on tour, she's still making that money. I'm not mad at her, like, make your money, have a great relationship with your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I'm here for all the tailors. But I guess that get that puts in perspective. She's been on tour a whole year, longer than Beyonce. Yeah, and she's still selling our stadiums. So I think that perspective, when you think about that, that tells us how big she is.
Speaker 2: Well, but no, like if Fyance did another round, she'd sell out again. I don't. I mean, no question, but I'd be there. I'd be sitting right there right Hobby. I don't. Well then, I don't know. With my silver on, I don't know. I wouldn't. I'm not there, Okay, I would.
Speaker 1: I'm really mad though, the Renaissance movie has not made it to like Netflix yet because.
Speaker 2: You didn't go see it. Yeah, it was so good. I saw it twice. I'm like, wait a minute, I thought I wanted to watch it on my couch. Well you, I mean, did she do it for Netflix? Was it Netflix?
Speaker 1: I don't know who she did it for, but I really just assumed it to a streamer.
Speaker 2: Eventually it will. Don't worry. She gonna get her money. She's working out that deal right there now. Jay's working out his speech to cuss out country music. She's working out the Netflix deal to get the Renaissance over there. And we're gonna talk about Drake and Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Okay, what they do?
Speaker 2: They unfollowed each other? They did they on followed each other.
Speaker 1: Well, do we know that they were following each other? Yes, So why they follow each other?
Speaker 2: What happened? Because there's there's a feud in the basketball rap world. The basketball it says that Drake decided to clean house on his Instagram account. This is this is what we're attributing this to Drake really so he to kick off the new month of October, and the internet detectives noticed that late last night. This was a couple of nights ago. The rapper unfollowed several people on ig including Lebron James. They have been friends for years. Drake was always at his house. He was always playing basketball with Bronnie. Drake was going to Bronnie's basketball games.
Speaker 1: That's because he he was bowning up.
Speaker 2: Never mind, ye, no, today he was having sex with Bronnie's teammates. Mothers, Yeah, okay, did you know that? Or you just knew where I was going? I knew, you know, because we saw the girl once and she disappeared. Really didn't we see the girl on Instagram like one time and she oh, I don't know. There's whispers at the friendship who has been strained after Lebron's Lebron and his wife appeared at Kendrick's pop out show to Juneteenth, And so Drake has been in his feelings. Is he feeling unfollow Lebron and ava blame mom? I don't blame mom. Kendrick totally disrespected Drake, took his soul, he snatched that's all right out of his body. He did. But meanwhile, back of the ranch.
Speaker 1: Drake's uh tour, it's all a blur. This is courtesy of our friend Girell, who was, you know, defending Drake last week. Yeah, it extends its record as the highest grossing rap tour in.
Speaker 2: His He's still on tour, him and retailer.
Speaker 1: In twenty three hundred and twenty million dollars from one point three to five million tickets.
Speaker 2: Sold in eighty shows. What's so all that hating you're doing on Drake?
Speaker 1: You know where I'm like, he should be the he should be the super Bowl person instead of Kendrick, and Kendrick's only on the super Bowl because of Blake.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. I mean, numbers don't lie, okay, but numbers don't okay. But let's just let's just get back to Lebron and Drake. Okay, what do you think it's really about, because it can't be about the fact that they like Kendrick because everybody who likes Kendrick Drake is Okay, everyone likes Kendrick, so Drake will have no friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if they went to his show, yes, so if they if are not like us, if Drake like us, if.
Speaker 2: Drake and Lebron are as cool as they're saying they were, or whatever they oh they hang out, whatever, they were buddies.
Speaker 1: And they went to Kendrick's show. Yes, No, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: You went to people's shows that I don't like. Think about it, and I didn't. I wasn't like, I Don't'm not Robin's friend anymore. And I didn't unfollow you.
Speaker 1: I was like, go Robin, but I was already friends with that person.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter like I didn't. I didn't take a I didn't say, oh my god, I need to unfollow Robin because she needs to go see dry back. I don't need to. You know that. It's very much.
Speaker 1: It's not Kendrick Lamar put out a whole entire disc like for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just letting you know. People got to pick Tuesday friends. And because you're friends and people I don't like doesn't mean I'm not your friend.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying people need to grow up.
Speaker 1: Kendrick Lamar's whole show was based on the fact that he dissed Drake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's they not like us. So if it wasn't.
Speaker 1: About him playing that song five times, yeah, he's missing Drake and and that song like he performed because he was hot because he dissed Drake.
Speaker 2: I understand that totally, but so so was Lebron's supposed to go and like not dance. Was he supposed to go and like not have fun? Just don't go, Drake, grow up? I want Okay, if.
Speaker 1: If somebody made a whole dishtrack for Distracks about you, and then I show up and they're singing.
Speaker 2: It and you're singing it too, I mightn't follow you. Okay, Fine, now that you put it like that, yeah you get an unfollowing and a block reasonably shady is over exactly very true? You get it, Okay, I get it now, all right? But I mean, Drake's gonna have to come outside because he's been hiding for a very long time, and I had no idea he was still on tour. That's so wild to me.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that either, unless it's I don't know, but the people want to see Drake.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Nikki did another run, I know, like she she she what do you call it? She double double back, she rounded the block, she suckle back. I don't know whatever. She came back through again because she came to d C again. She did. Yeah, like her whole tour. Yeah, I'm not listen. Then you get it, yeah, yes, get you get your coins, Drake, you might need to bask up money seconds. Stuck it, stuck it up because you know, do you think we'll ever know what her Nikki's baby's name. No, she's never gonna tell us. But he's gotta like get a job, right, so like eventually we need to know what his name.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody will reveal it at some point, but when he's eighteen, yeah maybe, but I don't think she's gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell us no, so we're just gonna call him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that though, I know, I think that's cool. No tell me, I'll tell you later. Okay, Yeah, I don't know your name. Are you gonna say, well, really, just you don't know my name either. Robin Dixon is not my name. How them boys do it? My boy? Yeah, they're great, they're great. Okay, they're great. They started school, they're acclimated.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're in school. They're you know, they don't give me a whole lot like everything is just it's cool.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay, like that's and Carter's and the so Carter ninth grade, we reclassified Carter. Okay, so he's repeated the he's repeating the eighth grade. Okay, same Pami with Corey, which gives me a whole other year with my kids. So he and girlfriends, no little girls that he likes. No, no, he hasn't mentioned. No. Okay, it's coming. Yeah yeah, all right, we have to get out of here. Guys. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable oh shady or bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon ten Giselle Bryant and reasonably shady