Speaker 1: What's up his way up at the ANGELA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here with DJ Nick Sill and we got finally Maley down in the building.
Speaker 1: What's up on? I love seeing you in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, had a place to be.
Speaker 2: Listen, you got a big week coming up too for you. The Golden Child definitely all right. So I love the artwork, but I want to talk about that a little bit because it's you know, you are the Golden Child, So talk about what made you even do that, and then we'll talk about the title track.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that my career has been such a rough journey. A lot of obstacles that came before me coming up. I just think that a lot of fight that I get is got just build me up.
Speaker 1: You don't back down either.
Speaker 3: I don't know some of us feel like, say, he's a true in person. So it just give me Daddy for coming up with a child. Let's see it.
Speaker 1: I feel that you feel blessed.
Speaker 3: I feel blessed. So that's that's that's what our Golden Child comes from. It's just the journey.
Speaker 2: As what would you say when you talk about obsticles, do you mean just coming where you're from, or like just to give us some insights as to what those obstacles are.
Speaker 3: Like, Like where we're coming from. It wasn't really easy to get out there and for people to know and be able to show your talent that you have resources. A lot of politics in I gem A lot of people try Black Valley and them type. I think sophysics we overcome certain things and reach to a point where voice can be heard and people know who is most definitely it is a It is a it is a chosen feeling, our golden feeling. So right now the journey not done yet, but we're right area.
Speaker 2: And when did you feel was that time when you were like, Okay, I can see I'm getting over this mountain because you know, yeah, I'll tell you what I think it was the first you tell me when you think was the time that you were finally like, okay, we're breaking through.
Speaker 3: I think it's around like v sic. Yeah, because when when I got my first hot sound, which was crooked in Jamaica, I did get ahead of myself because I say, we get that tip out of iceberg, it wasn't all sweet after that. It got even before getting the first at song, some men I said, all right, you know, I said, this is now gonna be an easy journey, so I just pressure.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? It got rougher though? Like how did it?
Speaker 3: Like? Like when people seeing your potential, No, and you have competitors and not everybody gonna like you, it just got rough because now they see that you're forced to be reckoned with them. The I tried and based film the force, I get an leashed as me. So that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Even V six was a bit of a challenge because I know you didn't own that song right or there was an issue with.
Speaker 3: Like I just didn't get any any shares in the song. I write the song, I sing the song. I always though one engineered the song I recorded and that sung myself everything. It was only me there so but I don't know, I mean ilopon that. That's not something to delop and no one more. It's more and more it's an.
Speaker 1: And I guess it did what it did for you too.
Speaker 3: I put that behind me, I know, yeah, because right now I'm more popular. A lot of people know me more. Right, No, so obviously they didn't stop at music, so I can't do it on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, of course not. And I do think sometimes things happen for a reason, Like you said, as the Golden Child, there's always gonna be things and you learn from those things too. Yeah, right, because like you said, you did all of that, but it also teaches you some business aspects that.
Speaker 1: You had to hear.
Speaker 3: And most definitely it opened my eye. And no, I'm more educated about the business. So for something like that to happen again, it least it really, you know, it least likely for it helped to me again. So I like what I journey and is a learning process and it just a be left for the big idea. You know, at that moment.
Speaker 1: That you were about to say something.
Speaker 4: No, I was intrigued. I know you engineered the record too, Yeah, I engineered the record.
Speaker 2: Did you have to teach yourself how to do all that? Because you were like nobody's.
Speaker 3: It's It's like I'm always in the studio watching my manager, watching the producer as an engineer doing everything, so and I wasn't afraid to ask questions like what's that? What does that do? What does that plugging do? So I just end up learning the pro tools just by observing and asking questions, till one day I just get up started the record myself, and I keep getting better at it. Until I can mix the beat. I can't do anything I want with it. But I don't focus much and that I just want to know that I could lay my own record down, so inky somebody now I can do it.
Speaker 1: You just feel like recording something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, majority my biggest songs, I'm the one who engineered them. They hit songs.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 3: That's the majority of them.
Speaker 2: That's a great skill. That's a great way to say some money.
Speaker 3: I have a good team though they don't mind doing it. But sometimes sometimes you just want to go in there. Just in my element. I'm just so I'm going there and just the more things.
Speaker 2: As far as artists, who was the first person that was like, let me take you under my wing or even support you publicly?
Speaker 3: It was at all like automatic records. He produced a lot of squash, a lot of He produced a lot of chronic He produce Vibe Cartle. You know at all is a really well known producer. He was actually the first one who because at the time there was a lot of war in the place where I came from, a lot of crime and violence, a lot of terf for so he was there getting caught up in it. And one day he just he just he just showed up or don't nowhere and was like yo yo. Because a friend of mine named by the name attached him and Dandan made the canic because they were friends with Squash dance artists Squash and Squash was doing work with Ato. So they had told Squash that this new artist see him and he ripping the thing and he don't even know the thing. So he now told Squash that and Squashed Ato say, yo him, take him up. He'sier artist now. And from that day I'm still with Ato. He's still my manager.
Speaker 1: And squashes on yeah.
Speaker 3: And Dan Sky and the team keeps getting stronger. You know, we add on new people to the team. Sulky plays a big part on the team to say, you don't know, the management team is strong. We just got to, you know, put our brains together to be the greatest.
Speaker 2: Now, what is some things that your management is like, Maladan, you gotta do they ever be like?
Speaker 3: And as an artist, you gotta take take telling one time back then, like a couple of years back, I used to wear some big rings on my finger like culs and and They were like, Yo, we don't want that for the brand. Those you're a brand. We don't want people to have that image that you. I want you to be market. I will get rid of those rings. And one time I was stubborn towards it till they had to throw them ring throw the rings rings away. When I wasn't there, I still went and bought. Yeah, I bought back some more and they were like.
Speaker 1: You're just being a stubborn too.
Speaker 3: You just gotta it was like, yo, what do you want for yourself? What what is the image you want to portray the people? And looking to myself, I wasn't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny me and Nick Nick Sale we're talking about because I was like, he do have songs that the ladies like, but it's still rough, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm like, this.
Speaker 1: Is a song for the ladies. Aggressive, but women like that too.
Speaker 3: Believe, And that's and that's what set me aside from the artist them too, because you said the board and so I'm gonna bring it to the table. I'll say what's on your mind that you're afraid? They say, yeah, that's just you know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, because when I listen to it, you know, I'm visualizing, like Maladan dating someone, Yeah, what is that like? Like, what's like what makes what are some of the things that you do to court a woman or to kind of like on a date.
Speaker 1: What is mally done take a woman on a date, Like, what are some things that well? Because I'm trying to figure out listening to music, it is.
Speaker 3: The music, you know most definitely, I can't. I can't pretrot, I don't practice. You know, it doesn't feel right and it feels less connected to the audience if I do music that that don't really to me. My lifestyle are my surrounding, all the people around me. So when it comme ons to that when I hear me, so just know, say some of the pre for true. So I saw something do it for true? So when they come on to like romance and them think girl like the bad romance.
Speaker 1: Where would you take her?
Speaker 2: I need you to be specific, Like let's just say you meet a young lady, you want to take her out?
Speaker 1: No, what's it looking like?
Speaker 3: I'm not real. I'm not really the type to be outside like tying in no place because like I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't want to steal out myself. Like when people save it for free, they won't pay for See, they don't like.
Speaker 1: A page he got the eat.
Speaker 3: No, it depends if it's something low key and like that's not gonna drive that much attention. Fine, we could do something sweet like that. I could set up an airbnb, get a chef, personal chef, all of us and we have a good time and we vibe. We know. It don't necessarily got to be something out in the public, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that is actually impressive.
Speaker 1: You get an airbnb, get a.
Speaker 3: Chef, private chef, get flowers, candles, whatever. You know.
Speaker 4: You're not going towhere. Yeah, you're not going awhere.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to try to lose salt.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't want to end up on the blogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah no, Because I'm saying we just really He was like he really do songs that's more hard coordinate, And I'm like, nah, but I can see why you no.
Speaker 3: Softness though before all, before I started to express myself in like female songs, like songs for the ladies, I was always a hardcore artist. But when I I took a look at my career and what did I And I asked my question, asked myself what did I want for myself? What is the image I wanted my career? And it just feels more better towards the leadies, more than violence and more than you know. Yeah, so transfer that aggression into the music for the ladies.
Speaker 1: Like an aggressive lover.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in life, so speak of brand. This past week has been crazy, crazy to say the least. Is there a chance of peace coming from this?
Speaker 3: Oh that's what you're talking.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm talking about my alb.
Speaker 3: Peace. Peace, peace when the commands. So, yeah, it's all it's always peace. I'm at peace right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's me.
Speaker 3: So there's no no, no, no real obstacle, real a reel trait towards me in within myself, within myself. We we the one who is out there and putting our foot. No one never share your outside you see out there.
Speaker 2: I want to say this when it comes to like because we've had like our fair share hip hop battles.
Speaker 1: This is a whole other level because you know, we always are.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, you can't say this, you can't say that the creativity say sucking anything.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Like in a hip hop battle, you know, they're like, oh, you know that's crossing a line, crossing a boundary. Are there lines or boundaries that don't get crossed?
Speaker 3: It's always fearing. If you're gonna say something about somebody sentimental to me, our figure sentimental to me, I'm going to do to see them. And when you do it, what am I going to say? I did it too? So I won't let people. I don't believe even oppression and no boy can drive heear and me, I say what put my mind? So I won't. I won't be a puppet to the industry or a puppet to nobody at all. So maybe the consequence for that is nobody will like and nobody will ray, but nobody don't get to like it for you to be successful, and people who turn out to be the biggest nobody normally like them. They end up jump on a train. So so ultimately, mm hmm, I'm just a force to be reckoned with. And people know that, and they know that I don't care, so they're not gonna like me. Like, for instance, I don't really play in parties. Selectors don't play myselngs even when I'm that it's if it's an instance where I'm the artist artist in the in in in in Jamaica, I still don't play the parties. I could be number one and all charts in the Caribbean, and there are multiple instances where I'm number one all carib be on islands with different songs, not just one songs, you still won't hear me playing the party. I don't kill up myself about that. I don't be tough myself about that because manure and we know agree this way, Well, what would be who type.
Speaker 4: You in New York definitely appreciate you in the club?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. You see, we did a show by myself the other day and we got over six thousand people just me alone. I just brought out some of my friends, you know, as guests. They could sing a one two song. But really and truly I was the only one on that on that show, it was our show.
Speaker 1: Seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you this that what does management say, because you know, like you said, people weigh in on things and that is something that is part of growth as an artist. But I understand also not wanting to compromise who you are. But when it comes to that. I'm just curious. On the other side of things is what does management say to you about like different you being extremely vocal, uncensored and it does go very viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because our lives and us so you know, the least thing that we say is go viral. So management, you know, I mean, I really do much interviews like that right now. Me doing a lot of interviews lately is just because I have an album coming up. I don't say that.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, his alms coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't really. I don't really be on the press, so what's there to say. You're not gonna hear nothing from Malid and I don't be going live, chatting off, chat chatting up my fierce like some man. But when I do have an interview, I'm still vocal. But you know, time and place and as we say, is a product. So we have more for control ourselves, control our emotions, and supportate business from feelings. And that's that's exactly what I do. You won't be seeing me on a podcast dissen a artists, crossing up artists. Obviously, that's not the that's not the picture image that I want to be paint off Maladan. I want to. I want to can do endorsements. I want to can get sponsors from big companies. I want to be carporate. Yeah, but without corporate Madan, without without Yes, we know we're from the streets, we grew up in the streets and all of that, but we don't got to let that define the carrier.
Speaker 2: And you know, and I think that's great for people to see that who have come from where you come from, to see what's passable, because there are people that are young that are watching you, that are like Maidans from where I'm from.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people get defined by the place they come from. And I want to I want to dismiss off that tart in any head when it commands to me. Not because we came from from poverty, not because we came from the garys so the ghetto, that doesn't determine your future. We got to be young black entrepreneurs. We got to be you know. I like seeing young people own businesses and stuff like that and that. Right now, that's my main focus. I want to venture in some business like right now, and we mainly focus on the music because right now it's the time for me, you know. Yeah, But at the same time, we still have a business start in my head with like you know, make happen and like venturing. So right now I'm just it's all in there.
Speaker 1: What businesses do you think?
Speaker 3: As I say, I'm not. I haven't ventured in it as yet, but I'm trying to think of different ideas and different things to venture in as an artist because I don't just want to be an artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your business, your brand.
Speaker 3: I want to be a CEO. I'm already a CEO to the malad and brand, but I want to have other things do for you to know me for not just you know.
Speaker 1: You have two sons as well, right, three sons.
Speaker 2: So how when you think about your career and you think about because you are always your children and everything, what is that like for you?
Speaker 1: You know, raising boys? You don't have any girls yet, Wait till you have a girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be so different for you. But maybe you know, God, just all up and the girl. Because I know, I say, if we get the girl, it probably changed my mindset and change or go about things and the ruthless next summer put towards the music and dance because that somebody said to me, Yo, you have so many energy enemy enemies in music. You don't You're no freid yo, You're no freed for dead man. I said freed for dead. Everybody going dead, but my freid for dead without setting it for my kids them that my death is not the fear because everybody have for die. So when you see the rut listening and the anger and the drive woman putting, all this is because they want hurry up and make sure my kids them good, because them, after all, right, we bring them the earth. Them never asks for coming. So I just that, man, I've said it. So I'm not believe that I can approach things with fear when it commands to this, because the anger or the anger will outfit. We'll just have a.
Speaker 1: You feel like your sons might want to do music? Do they?
Speaker 3: Yea becau they watch on the TV is my music and my music is slack. I try I try and not try not to.
Speaker 1: You know, they're not gonna watch you.
Speaker 3: They still find ways so they want to see their father. So I try to get the clean versions and the TV and stuff. They be singing some crazy stuff. Sometimes I gotta just like yeah, chill, like how to do some kids well that's that's that's that's the direction that I think about the venture and something. Yeah, but for no right, no, just hardcore and you know, you just got to grow the kids how they should be grown and teach them around from right as parents. You know that.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned that somebody said to you the other day that you have a lot of enemies. Do you think these enemies are just in the music business where they may try to prevent things, or do you feel like even outside of that, because you know there's a difference between we don't like each other in this music industry and outside of it is different.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I'm a musician, so obviously I'm I'm thinking musically, but I won't put nothing past a person or had an individual apart from myself, I can swear for nobody. So with that being said, I can't take no check, I can't be loose, I can't be underestimating people that I don't know. So whether or not it's music are it's that enemies are enemies and you get treated like enemies. You know, I don't have to be going in a space sorry, you know, because men, I know we'll got your niggas head. I don't know what be going through people, So we're not trusting nobody to be on point. Just be on portant and just do music.
Speaker 2: Has anybody behind the scenes try to like to bring you together or have a conversation behind the.
Speaker 3: Scenes, who together like with with with Apps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Apps, it could be anybody because you were like you said you are.
Speaker 5: Maybe I could do a sting and just let it be the music and the music be done well.
Speaker 2: No, But I mean sometimes people are cool with each other behind and they're like, you need to talk.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I don't. I don't support violence, you know, support music. I'm a musician, so that's I'm mainly for focused on music. But I don't I don't be putting myself accessible to people like that to be just calling and trying to do all that. Maybe my management Instagram, Yeah man, maybe my management.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be big for Jamaica. I want to say that.
Speaker 3: You think about its peace over water all the time. But maybe my managers. I don't know. But like when it come ons to d m s and them stuff, I don't be really going because it's a lot. It's a lot, it's a lot, it's a lot. So what what I see, I see. If I don't see something, I just miss it because there's so many notifications coming in.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been catfished?
Speaker 2: We're like a girl was in your DMS and then you saw her in real life and that's not the person.
Speaker 3: Crazy, crazy, crazy.
Speaker 1: So several times.
Speaker 3: It happened, it happened, It happened before, like some of them be editing there there there, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy filters, the photoshop crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what would you do in a situation where somebody shows up and it's not what you expected?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just smoothed it off just you know, yeah, I don't if I had it is my intention to apply pressure. I just smoothed it off. Yeah, just be straight up disrespectfully. You edit your picture, you ugly. I ain't going to do that. I don't want to hurt no girls. You're so bold. Yeah, women, So.
Speaker 2: You just be like, well, it was nice to meet you. Believe no one, but now you know what people got to like FaceTime and stuff like that, because you can't just pop out.
Speaker 3: Yeah off of believe We're not going to just meet up like that. I got to see who I'm talking now.
Speaker 2: You did same time. It's kind of we were talking about that. How is that for you?
Speaker 3: Yo? That that show was so so great. It was so great when I ran out on the stage in front of thousands of people. It just gave me a related feeling to see how accepted we are in the world and all people admire us. Because majority majority of the songs that we sang, we didn't have to sing it. I had to just.
Speaker 6: Put the that's nice, Ago, crazy love, the love over at the Virgin Islands, both the B v I and U s v I.
Speaker 3: It's crazy sent tamas startoller, same cry. All of those places, it's all love. It's just crazy over there and they just give you a warm feeling. You know, you feel like you live there when you're over there, and then.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Do you have a favorite show that you've done, Yo?
Speaker 3: That was crazy that show the other day, crazier show.
Speaker 2: Perfect timing for something like that. You know, this is your your quote debut album, which feels a little weird because you've had projects.
Speaker 3: Projects, but when I say debut, this one means more to me as an album. Those were just I call them EPs. You know, those was like the warm up for this, so what does mean to you? It means everything to me. It's it's the journey. As I said, like all the work that I've been putting in over these years as a juvenile, as a as a as a as a young artist, all of them work, they've all been put in. It's our time. It always the time to show different sides of me, our language of Maladan. So it most definitely me in the world to me showing like expressing myself through music to my audience. So this album just be a standsho different sides of Maladan different fever. You have some people who like my female song the more. You have some people who would want to hear Maladan single reality song. You have people who would like to hear Maladan single rap song. You have people who like the likes the street music that side of Maladan and they don't. You have people who do not like the girls songs.
Speaker 2: So even the girl songs that will still be yeah they yeah, it's fine, I like it, but it's nine.
Speaker 3: But not everybody loves a specific side of Maladan. Right, So with the album, now, this is my my means, this is my tool in order to kita for everybody.
Speaker 2: How did you figure out what to put on this album, because there's twenty songs on here, and I have to feel like you ain't want to leave nothing off. And I'm sure it was hard to even come up with that twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even the week, even last week, couple songs got switched out because they're not wanting to fail. Maybe you overthink sometime. Yes me, so a lot of songs that were scheduled to be on the album got swapped out because I think I could could have done better. So I just hit the studio and did better. And yes, me, we just gotta just you know, put that a sole and anything or they say more connected to the audience.
Speaker 4: So in terms of says, what do you hope in this album accomplishes?
Speaker 3: You know, I I honestly do not do not do not set any limits on this. So that's why I can't just give you a figure expectation for it. ME just want it to do what I wanted it to do. And my main goal for this album is showing versatility, different style, different sides a malidan. I you see, as long as I get that point across to the audience and it's and it gets connected to my fans, I feel I'll be satisfied regardless of the numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't talking about numbers. You want to be corporate.
Speaker 3: I just go in America, Tom, You know, I just wanted to touch the art some of my support as them and gear and new support as to it in our red life.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I want to say that what are you going to do with those songs that didn't make it? That you were like, I'm gonna go back in And because sometimes we gotta think overthinking and go on with our first instinct kind of clash with each other.
Speaker 3: Clash with each other because most time I felicity your first instinct sometimes and a lot of times we overthink stuff. And the one that we turned our back and it ended up being a hit because enough of them sang and come on for the album we could drop them as single. And when we drop them as single, it does more than a lot of songs that was under out right. So it's just you know, you can to beat yourself off for just the one with the music and just do it as a listen.
Speaker 2: You put out that song sweets Man and and a video and even the beginning that was AI in the beginning a little introduction.
Speaker 3: I just I just told it what I wanted it to say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, how long did it take you to do that? Because it feels like you responded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know what, I know what exactly is on my mind, So it really doesn't it really doesn't take long for me to lial what's on my mind and a record because yeah, I don't know. I was like, I just I then I need to take weeks for your tea kind of make up things because when I said, I already depart my mind, I saw review with you. So if I got tell us your review, your review, your for true. Whenever, FA, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think about the response so far?
Speaker 2: People like just people who have been watching it and how they've been responding.
Speaker 3: Listen to me when they commented clash and name things are ran name thing. You can't feed into the comments and thing because you know, everybody have their own fans, diarted fans. People are gonna be biased to their to whichever side they're ripping. So you just gotta just I forget whatever. I just know because and I sung me, I look, if you want to eat sung can't go a nice to the record, I sang menamic because because the war the clashing thing. I said, all right, may I capitalized span this sun, try squeeze, and I sung, I try. You know, when I made the thing that we're there for, if I eat, I just eat. Pressure of them when I made them were a fear. Really take it into a people said it isn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's gonna quite a response and and a lot of views already.
Speaker 3: Yeah crazy. Just for sure, if we drop a regular song, you won't see it gets seven hundred to in two days. But just because every war and things, so that for sure, like either the world, the whole world, they the world like they love war more than peace.
Speaker 1: They do. That's a fact to me. That's why beef is going for labels because they like to.
Speaker 3: See It's like it's like they love war more than peace, isn't me. So it's dance. Sometimes you got to just give the people what they want, you know.
Speaker 2: Because that is within the history of dancers, a lot of clashes.
Speaker 3: It's a business and Dan Sall is known for clash and everything. You know, and if you have a business and you have a product that everybody wants, your business is gonna work more because your product is selling. So Therefore, if you don't have what it takes to make the product, you know people wanting to buy the product, you can't go up on the level where you want a fee. This is something important, Afeel defend yourself and the answer.
Speaker 2: What about picking a side when it comes to because it feels like some of it is also it was cool you can't work with this person and work with me, but some people may not have anything to do with anything.
Speaker 1: How does that work for you?
Speaker 3: Picking aside is inevitable because you know, as we say at the starting of the podcast, there's a lot of politics in this and many people that you use a link, but we don't link anymore because they go around new people. That's not cool with we and every it all comes down to picking a side. You know, it's one music, it's one dancer and all that you know about. At the end of the day, it's comes down to picking aside because there is their side. If their side's to be picked, it has to be picked. So I'm in afraid to pick my inside.
Speaker 2: Twenty years from now, I can't wait for us to have another conversation and flashbacks and when we talked, because I just think about when people you know, we've seen a lot of instances where people later on in life they're like, Okay, we're you know, so I think that'll be interesting because I know you're still going to be doing this twenty years and now I want to say that too.
Speaker 1: You got a long we have a long career career ahead of you.
Speaker 3: I'm one God spear h we now we we're now doing the fin God's spear life. We just em top top of the world. I just got at them because the possibilities them, analysts no limits. Is on the music every day, new songs, new.
Speaker 4: Corporate dawn coming.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, what did it mean for you to have squash on Golden Child too? Because I know he's very important.
Speaker 3: It means a lot because I know he played a big part in this world thing. To remember, I was telling you. Automatic arm came for me when I was living in Waterford and Port More, a little juvenile freshot fresh showt at school and I went on the road right from there when I when I moved, when I left my house at seventeen, I moved out at seventeen autumn of people in place, and never I just carry one bag, like one bag and I never go back one from that one bag pack up. I left all my clothes, all my shoes, everything. I just carry one bag. And he said to me that you don't need more than one bag because you're gonna make the money where you're gonna make you you go buy a back. All them think it's an hoorryboat. That me walletpaning floor in floor with some sponge to sponge wallypaning floor for six months and after six month after leaving water afford, MU start my own money, so someone could I rent a place for myself?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Someone just stay up on the floor for six months and just put in the work and then sorry, I'm a big up at the When is he coming home? When six coming home? You know? Yeah, you know seud of me that it's a boxing there.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 3: You also have by on here and big up Byron too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk to me.
Speaker 2: About that because I feel like there was He was having some issues with getting black Ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah because you know he under a label. He under he signed to a label, so we did a lot of songs, but a lot of songs never get to be released because you know he'd be under a label. So having him on this album, it means a lot because this this song that we did was in his place in sent Kits. We recorded it with the whole sent Kits energy and everything. He's pole planting. My people flew there, so it was a great chemistry. And you know that song is name free. It's called free six bars to say, I don't know. It's tribute to Squash, you know, and Squash is coming home soon, so it's just the right time. Everything is just well, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so big.
Speaker 2: It's not crazy when he comes home. Believe, do you feel the that you're this international star? Do you feel that because you are definitely believe.
Speaker 3: That's before before I'm even known internationally. That was my image and view of myself as and that was the look that I wanted. And most definitely people are showing us love internationally world wide. All over last year we got booked for Greece and Curveful. We were surprised how many people know. They were like you, oh, Molly, and we're like yo, so many, so many people in Greece nor it was. It's just crazy and it's a elated feeling whenever it happens.
Speaker 4: How do you think those kind of environments change you, like the more places you go.
Speaker 3: I always tell my friends, like my dogs from the ghetto, that you see, whenever you start going to some places and traveling, you're gonna you're gonna look and life different. And when I started to bring all my dogs with me to shows, each show I bring a different set for they can have a have a feel outside in the world field. You see each time I bring them to bring them overseas, when they come back, they all behavior is different, their all maids and life. Their attitude is different because now they see that the world is big and the possibilities are endless and there there there are so many things that you haven't experienced in just in the box that we were in. So the minute to step over to the box and see see the things that are they're waiting for us and the greatness for the world behold it just start move different. Certain things that used to do you don't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: What about how good are you are trying foods? Because you know, different food in different places. Some of it it would be like what is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, open mind into that because we travel all over everybody of different cultures.
Speaker 1: What's something you ate?
Speaker 3: This? You like?
Speaker 1: I can't believe I tried this, but.
Speaker 3: What's some lenium? Maybe it's man? If I want a calam Maria? Was quid calamybody, you don't know what it was, if New York was the first place, or calamaries big in New York. Man, but I heard it, they say klam Maria. I was like, what's that? I'm a TSA and they say, you know this is quid. I mean I say, if on a regular deal I'm in drumming and somebody come, hey, here's some squid, only I would try. Yeah, So traveling really does that? There's a man.
Speaker 5: On last question, I'm sorry you talk about traveling and bringing your people them with you. So like, how important is it for you to be a blessing to your people?
Speaker 3: That that that that being a blessing to my people is the is the is the is the best part of the word thing sophy because everybody coming from humble beginnings, I'm not being able to get whatever we want when if I want it, Seeing that time the person who really kick off a door for my people and it just feel good. It just the same golden feeling teller. And so why the album is called Golding Child because that's the feeling. Give me a kick. I may I bring my dogs them with me, may ensure my family I'm good because yeah, I know I re man until yeah, yeah, until you cannot be a real man if you're not do it for your family got you, no matter how much money I am making a life. Niggas like to hype over money and how much money they got. Yet still their family ain't their kid an't go me will use up everything to make sure I'm kids them good, even familyleft with nothing. So when it come on to being a man, are being the man, that's where it lies almost definitely being there for people. It's just the beast feeling. It gives me a feeling like you know, completion whenever that that that in our real life.
Speaker 1: And that's about you to go.
Speaker 2: The child believe all right, well Mala Dan always appreciate you so much. You'll be showing up and I appreciate you, yes, So make sure you get the problem child.
Speaker 1: It is out Friday.
Speaker 3: It's a problem child. That good though, maybe, but listen, but listen scept them before rest, Yeah, they easy to accept them afore the golden child scept them before. Yeah, it preordis Lincoln.
Speaker 1: It's way up