Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal I'm that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for Dake Edith State.
Speaker 2: Is that? Whoo whoo? And then and Tie, welcome back to the solid urbal boys and girls. My name is ty Hid the brand joining me over there in steamy New York City. My man, the one, the only Dan Rubensteins.
Speaker 1: Sir, how are you?
Speaker 3: I have been waiting for this show for a good amount of time. Have you really have that?
Speaker 1: I've given it, I've given it some thought.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is because this is the perfect time to do our dude preseason watch list. Yes, and I got I know, I know, and I just got even more hot and bothered. Whoa subtle that's a solid verbal cannon. Now as a phrase. I just watched the trailer, the initial whatever it is teaser trailer for the New Top Gun. Okay, it ended with such a dude line. I don't know if you watched it.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet. Don't spoil it for me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying the movie ends with this line. I'm saying the trailer ends with this line. But it'll get you, it'll get your sweaty tie. So that just added to my excitement for this dude show. And so you can take it from here. Yeah, but I've got waves pulsing through me.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I want you to give yourself a moment, maybe go a little cold compress here, to compose yourself as we progress forward. As Dan mentioned, tonight's going to be our dude watch list, and we will explain momentarily a little bit more about what that means and how it fits into the war of this show. This wonderful podcast is soliverbal that we've built over there.
Speaker 3: We're not at all making up this concept as we go, not at all making it out as we go. This is part of a well hatched plan. We can promise you that while we are figuring out how to describe this. Yeah, I would like to take the opportunity to remind folks that we now have tickets on sale for not one, but two live shows that we are going to be doing, literally on the same weekend, Boys and Girls, starting in Dallas on August the seventeenth. That show is at the Alamo Draft House at eight pm. Tickets are on sale, but going like hotcakes. If you're interested.
Speaker 2: Solid Verbaltickets dot com, Slash Texas.
Speaker 1: Yes, Slash Texas and DC.
Speaker 2: We've had an incredible outpouring of support and excitement around that Dallas show, and then the very next day, before you ask, yes, we did book a flight to get from Dallas very early morning back to DC. The show is at Union Stage. It's at seven thirty pm, doors open at six. You can buy tickets at Solid Verbal Tickets to do Slash DC. We're going to be doing our Fantasy Things show, the Fantasy Things draft that we're super excited about every year. Yeah, going to be doing that in both places. We're also going to be putting together a different show in some capacity for both audiences. So it's not going to be like a comedian going on the road doing the same stick night after night. Dan and I are going to put a little bit a little bit more muscle into it. What that is yet, we haven't decided, but we're working on it. We're excited about it. If you are in the general DC area, Yeah, you don't want to miss this. We're going to be in town. Soliverbletickets dot com. Slash DC is how you can get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Until we did, until we announced the DC show, or until we announced the Texas show, DC tickets were moving faster than any show we've ever released tickets for. Yes, and then we release Texas tickets and they're moving even faster than DC. So these are flying off the shelves and we cannot stress enough how much we want to hang out with you, which is to say, also, we're going to do a show for you, and then we're going to go somewhere nearby or just stay there and hang out and drink beer and hashtag tendos tenders with tie we'll eat chicken tenders and whatever else is around. Because it's incredible to put faces to names and just to meet listeners. It's the coolest thing. I say that genuinely. So if you are on the fence, we are telling you it's a great time and we can't wait too personally, thank you for listening. And because we are doing a Saturday then a Sunday show, it has like a tour vibe, right yeah, yeah, can we get one of those giant road cases and that has like stenciled on Soliverrble nineteen tour even though we have no gear all the gear will already be on the venues. That's how we'll transport Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be Taylor will be in tow by the way. Yeah, he's coming with us to both locations. We need our guy in the production booth to make sure things go smoothly.
Speaker 1: Should we figure out how we're doing today's show.
Speaker 2: Today's show is what we're calling the Dude watch List. Now, as you know, if you've listened to the show for any period of time, you're probably pretty familiar with this sound. By now, it's one of the most popular things we do. We've incorporated it into every Sunday show. Looking back at the week that was calling out the dudes that were people get into it. So we started thinking much in the spirit of the Bolitnikoff watch List or the Ray Guy watch list, the Banski Yeah, all of these watch lists that come out that we make a lot of fun of, quite frankly, because everyone's on the watch list, we decided we're going to put together our own dude watch list, but with a few very simple provisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by a few.
Speaker 2: I mean one, and that one is you can't use Tua, you can't use Trevor Lawrence, you can't use the guys that are super duper obvious on your dude watch list because, to be honest, everyone already knows that they're on this list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're saying no dubos, and dubos are dude bonafides bona fides.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: So if you are Jonathan Taylor, for instance, you've got your dubos, you got your dude bonafides, you have your your gold dude jacket. No sleeves, by the way, absolutely no sleeves, often dude bonafide jacket. So there are certain players, previous All Americans, previous guys who have torn it up and you know, are clear dudes. If we leave somebody off that has produced like crazy these past few years and has received a ton of attention, this isn't what this show is about. It's not a preseason All American show.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: So I want to act this from a couple different perspectives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first and.
Speaker 2: Foremost, I tried to identify a slew of sleeper dudes.
Speaker 1: What is a dude to you?
Speaker 2: A dude to me is someone who's out there on the field with a presence, Okay, a game impacting presence. Doesn't mean they're scoring all the touchdowns, but it could mean that they're so effective in the passing game that they draw the attention of defender and make somebody else get open.
Speaker 1: It's just somebody.
Speaker 2: It's just somebody who opens up the game in a meaningful way for his team, somebody who goes out there and has a very positive impact in a way that if you're watching at home, you look at it and you say, yeah, that guy's that guy's a baller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked at it.
Speaker 3: There's something about him that's a wrecking ball, Yes, something you know it's It always comes back to Miley Cyrus obviously, but somebody where I will watch your mixtape where I will question the music choices on the mixtape and.
Speaker 1: I will think to myself, damn, I want him on my team. That's right.
Speaker 2: Maybe one of those guys that you hate, yeah play against. I used to have this thing with Dustin pedroia as a Yankees fan. I know that you saw yourself and him. I didn't see myself in him. It was ever that good at baseball. But Dustin pedroya classic example of someone who you hate from the outside, but if you were a red sox fan. I'm sure you loved him. Yeah, that's all right. So definitely we and by we I mean Dan put together just this little sound to signify the occasions. A little bit of Chainsmokers, a little bit of z in there. I think I heard it's it's a dude mood.
Speaker 1: Ty. That's what we're all in now. It is a dude mood.
Speaker 2: I approached this from the standpoint of trying to find sleeper dudes on varying levels, some more notable than others. I may have inadvertently included a dude bow in mine, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to the SEC.
Speaker 3: It's always you know, there's gonna be a scattered doobo here or there.
Speaker 2: Which conference do you want to start with first? Or how do you want to list your dudes off?
Speaker 1: Let's start out with America's conference, the PAC twelve. How about that?
Speaker 3: All we do is take questions about can the PAC twelve ever get its respectability back? Can they make it the playoff? Let's start out with some PAC twelve dudes, how about that? Let's do it? Who you got first?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Top of my list? And this is no particular order, it's not alphabetical. It's just people I thought of when I was scanning rosters and depth charts. I have Josh Kelly at UCLA, Okay, I think he has a really nice year. He put Ucla and they didn't make a bowl last year, but they were pretty frisky by the end of the year. He put them on his back, putting up major numbers. And I believe their new offensive coordinator is former offensive line coach. So I just I think there's gonna be an identity built around the run for UCLA that is going to benefit Josh Kelly. The UC Davis transfer, go ags and so enormous dude qualities built to carry this team. I think he's going to do damage. Okay, who else? My next dude, Max Borghie. I believe that's how you pronounced it. If we pronounce something incorrectly, it's the off season for us too.
Speaker 1: Yep. It definitely is.
Speaker 3: Max Borgie's sort of an all purpose offensive weapon for Wazoo. And I remember watching Wazoo against Oregon and a number of games where he just keeps getting open and keeps making and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, Damn, I like that kid.
Speaker 2: I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: So Max Borgy especially with some new faces on offense and Gaje goubrud for for Wazoo. I like him a lot to be consistent. Piney Sewel. I hope they pronounced that right offensive tackle for Oregon. He's just a monster. It's the most talented player on that offensive line, a very good offensive line. But they're going to be running behind him a lot. He's protecting Justin Herbert's blindside. Started at left tackle for Oregon as a true freshman. Incredible Bradley Ane for Utah. The defensive end is the anchor of the best defensive line in the Pac twelve. He is just an unstoppable weapon off the edge. Evan Weaver always.
Speaker 1: Terrible Evan Weaver. You have Evan Weaver.
Speaker 3: He's a Cali crush, your Cal crush, big linebacker at like six three, two fifty and I think he wears a tight he like Whear's like eighty nine or ninety nine. It's very confusing, like he accidentally ran on the field at the wrong time. But he is everywhere making plays and is really the anchor. It's a really good secondary for Cal, but the anchor of that defense. And then I'm gonna try for this one, ty, I swear to you, I'm trying Paula Ea. Paula EA.
Speaker 1: Now Tayote, now Tayote.
Speaker 3: I mean that's already better than I would do. Okay, I think a star in the making for USC. AT linebacker is going to be a stud for them. They have a young defensive lineup front, and let the rotation's pretty young as well. I think he's going to make a lot of plays and I think he's the next great USC linebacker.
Speaker 1: And I don't.
Speaker 3: Love that USC. He's going to have another incredible linebacker. But he's gonna be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: So let's start with Evan Weaver for me. Evan Weaver, the linebacker from KEL one hundred and fifty nine tackles last year, which put him second in the nation. That'll he could have gone pro if he wanted. He decided though he didn't want to go out on that losing note in the cheese At Bowl.
Speaker 1: Dan O No, who does who among us wants.
Speaker 2: That as their legacy? He decided he's coming back. Our friends over at Pro Football Focus love the guy. They've got him as the highest graded returning linebacker in the Pac twelve. Cal has done a pretty good job on defense the last two seasons, and I'm excited to see what he can do in his final season at cald So that is a point of overlap for us. I'm assuming Laviscus Chanault is too much of a dude bo to put him.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's a dude du bona fide. Yeah, dude bona fide. Leviscashanalt might be the best receiver in the country. He has been recognized as such. I understand because not a lot of people watched a ton of Colorado football last year and he gets hurt in the middle of the year. But yes, clearly a dude establishment. What about your boy Troy Die from Oregon. Oh, he's real good, Troy Die.
Speaker 2: You know more about him than I do. But I know he's led the team in tackles three straight years. In fairness, it is easier when you're playing on a defense where nobody tackles. But that being said, Troy Dye has been very productive. They were good in twenty twelve. Okay for Orgon and I don't think he gets enough press.
Speaker 3: Yeah, came back this year. The two clear dudes to me on that Oregon defense are Troy Dye. It's up the middle, Troy Dye and Jevon Holland that's safety who led the team in interceptions. I believe last year a lot of decent players, but those two guys are special. I think where do we stand on Khalil Tait as a dude? Is he fringe dudebo? Two years ago he had it? Last year he had dude moments, but he wasn't that obvious dude for a number of reasons, health and otherwise. So if you were predicting big things, big production, and a redudness of Khalil Tate, I'd say for.
Speaker 2: Sure, cause, like you said, two years ago, we were launching an impromptu Heisman campaign for the guy. Last year had a new coach, didn't run as much, and he was pretty banged up for half the season. But even still, even in spite of that, he showed flat. This year, he's got JJ Taylor back in the backfield with him as well. We know he's a playmaker. He could be on this list. Backfield's going to be a ton of fun. I think they'll get a ton of chances to make plays because the defense will be awful, so he's gonna put up stats. I think Khalil Tate's in a good position here to be to regain his dude noss.
Speaker 1: As you said, it's a good dude reminder. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: And then the final one, I have a question about what about Eno Benjamin.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. He was a dude at times last year, but he's a great underrated dude to talk about going into this year because I think he's probably one of the best, probably five or six running backs in the nation.
Speaker 2: Keep this in mind when you talk about EEno Benjamin again running back Arizona State. He ran the ball three hundred times last season, which was the third most of any back in college football, over sixteen hundred yards on the ground, nineteen touchdowns, also caught thirty five balls out of the backfield, and scored two more receiving touchdowns. Clearly a dude from a stats perspective. Yes, consider the fact that all of that was with Manny Wilkins who's now gone and Nikhil Harry who's now playing for the Patriots. Yes, both those guys are gone. He's gonna be the whole offense dan for Arizona State.
Speaker 1: They're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: Herm Edwards had at a nice and normal season last year.
Speaker 1: It was fine.
Speaker 2: But eno Benjamin is the offense as they break camp, as we go into September, certainly, I think he stands to maybe be worked to death here just as a football player.
Speaker 1: But if he stays healthy, he's going to have.
Speaker 2: Ample opportunities to establish his dudinas in twenty nineteen. Who's next, Let's go to the SEC next. Oh, okay, let's get it out of the way. Well, I want to start with Braiden Man. Okay, new Braidman. We brought him up last episode. Yeah, I want to start with him again. Yeah, Braiden Man punter Texas. A and M won the Ray Guy Award last year, average fifty one yards per punt. He's gonna get picked in the draft in April.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And remember a couple episodes ago we talked about in our Bama LSU book report, how having Brad Wing in a key spot can flip the game and really have an impact. A good punter is not something that grows on a tree.
Speaker 3: A and M replacing a lot on defense, so you know, an ability to pin a team back and force them to drive eighty one yards seventy three yards ninety yards pretty important as a and m revamps things a little bit under Mike elcho on defense revamps in terms of it's obviously a second year, but some new faces there.
Speaker 1: I have more. But who do you go?
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to see if we have any overlap? I have Kylon Hill.
Speaker 1: Ooh, good one, I don't have.
Speaker 3: I really think if Mississippi State is able to get anything through the air this year with Tommy Stevens or whoever, that Kylon Hill is going to be the big beneficiary. He was an underrated back last year, and I don't think it's quite a fantasy thing because I don't think this conversation will happen a lot. But if he's good, and if he's good in an all purpose way, it's there's gonna be a lot of well look what Joel moorehead dead first, say Kwon Barkley as he do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Kylon Hill runs hard, he runs, he's fast and should have better lanes this year. I anticipate a really nice year for Kylon Hill and nice games in general. I think he'll explode a couple of times like he did against Kansas State last year.
Speaker 2: I have Tommy Stevens because I'm biased.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Okay, so you're all in. I'm all in.
Speaker 2: I have I have him and it is because I'm biased.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You just think the familiarity with Morehead and he was returning pieces on both sides.
Speaker 2: They were splitting him out wide for Penn Stee. They were trying. Now granted it was a bit of a gag play, sure, but he's clearly athletics. He caught some passes. Yeah, he wasn't totally useless. He was waiting his turn. It didn't quite work out at Penn State. I'm glad he was able to latch on with Joe Moorehead and I just really like the familiarity he has with that offense. He would have been a perfect fit for the Joe Moorehead offense at Penn State if Morehead hadn't left, and if Trace wasn't in his path. So I am willing to stake something of my dude draft here, whatever you want to call this on Tommy Stevens having a very positive impact for Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: Writing this down to come back to later on in the season.
Speaker 2: Okay, next, next, Next, I want to go to well Michael p RN for FLOORDA.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one. I have a different Florida player on offense, but by all means.
Speaker 2: Well, Michael p Rn was essentially a backup last year, still had almost a thousand yards from scrimmage. Now as a senior, the Florida offense is going to continue to improve under Dan Mullen. And I think that means more touches for I think it means better stats. I think it means more of a chance to have a very positive impact.
Speaker 1: He ran hard.
Speaker 2: I liked what I saw from him when we saw him on the field, kind of split carries with Jordan Scarlett. If you look at the numbers.
Speaker 3: I have Kadarius Tony sort of an all purpose weapon for Florida, And while he doesn't have the top end speed of Percy Harvin, while he doesn't have the top end ability and versatility of Percy Harvin, he has been and will continue to be used in a similar fashion out of the backfield, reverses, hitches, you know, in the return game and the best of Kadarius Tony is pretty incredible. And I was watching a bunch of clips and it reminded me of something that I would not have remembered unless it were football season that I cherish shown so much, not directly about Kadarius Tony, but about Gary Danielson, who I think he was calling a long kick return against Georgia for Tony, and that that is that Danielson's replay voice is different than in the moment voice. In the moment, he'll say something like great play by you know, uh Kadarius Tony as okay, yeah, But when it's a big play and they're going back in slow motion, his voice is such that he's describing it to somebody upstairs, like literally, you're watching it in the living room and somebody's in the bedroom asking you what's going on, and his voice is like, Kadarius Tony, he just okay.
Speaker 1: It's a really good run and okay, no he's still in bed. Look like it went out of bounds, but he's still in it.
Speaker 3: And it's wonderful the way his voice changes, like describing it to somebody thirty eight feet away, nice with a higher register shout shout out Gary.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love those guys who you can get creative. Dan Mullen continue will continue to get creative with Kadarius Tony and Great First Step great like turning three into seven and a half yards.
Speaker 1: I love all of that.
Speaker 2: I want to go a bit off the radar here. Okay, let's talk about Lynn Bowden Junior from Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, fill me in.
Speaker 2: Lynn Bowden Junior, a wide receiver. It's spelled Bowden, but he pronounces it Boden. Kentucky was pretty run heavy last year. You might remember Benny Snell. We talked about Benny Stell pretty much.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Between him, Terry Wilson, and AJ Rose, they had four hundred and sixty seven carries. Snell is now playing on the Steelers, so he's gone.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Mark Stoops clearly saw something in Stell. He gave him, gave him a ton of carries. He fed the beast. But now he's gone, and I think that means the offense gets a bit more balanced, which may mean good things for my boy. Lenn Bowden Junior, far and away Kentucky's best receiver caught sixty seven of his eighty three targets, had seven hundred and forty five yards and five touchdowns. What I really like, though, I'm gonna remove the bubble wrap from this, just like you have your points per drive or whatever that is aanalytics. My new favorite stat is a dot average depth of target statistics.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: His a DOT last year was nine yards nine yards, which is really solid. Mark Stoops said he wants to get him the ball more. That's obviously somewhat dependent on Terry Wilson taking a step forward in that line holding up. But I think Lynn Boden's in a really good spot to emerge as not just an option because he was already a threat, but as more of a part of that Kentucky offense, someone that they're looking to get the ball to on a more frequent basis.
Speaker 3: Kentucky bottom half of the conference last year in terms of passing.
Speaker 1: But very run heavy, really running.
Speaker 3: They were very run heavy. But I'm even talking yards per attempt and they're they're rating when they did throw it, it was not always terrific. This was a team led by, as you mentioned, Benny Snell in the defense, so would love to see things opened up. It was nice that they were able to hold on to Eddie gran as offensive coordinator, So yes, I anticipate hopefully ascending to average.
Speaker 1: Who else do you got in the sec? Anybody? I love a good bowling ball.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows this about me, and that means Kishon Vaughn Vanderbilte. It's tough to really fully feel confident in the Vanderbilt offense against the better teams on their schedule. But it's my feeling that we are going to see a lot of We all need to watch this run immediately, tweets on Twitter on Saturday afternoons because he does something ridiculous and he did it in the bowl game the Illinois transfer. I feel good about Kishan Vaughan's ability to generate dude highlights. Absolutely. I've got Big O Alberto for Miszoo. I think he's the best tight end in the conference. Certainly a new look without Drew Locke, but Kelly Bryant looks he should be above average. He should be pretty good for Maszoo, and I think he's gonna find Big O' good deal. Who was an incredible weapon, you know, outside of what's Jay Sternberger for texts A and M was a class above other tight ends I would say in the conference. So Big Oh, I think is gonna have a good one. I have Andrew Thomas for Georgia, who I think sort of has dubo dude bonafides. Yeah, he may be a top five pick in the NFL draft, but you will see DeAndre Swift, who most certainly does have the dude bona fides, running often behind Andrew Thomas because he seals things in a pretty incredible way for the Dogs.
Speaker 2: It's easy to go dude bo when you're talking about offensive lineman because they just don't get the recognition correct of a skill player. I'm gonna throw Derek Brown out there from Auburn.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's right under Andrew Thomas. Another possible DUBO with how good he's been and how high he'll be drafted, but worth noting.
Speaker 2: For one of the best ten players in college football. But a beast in the middle. Six five three twenty. He's athletic, he's good against the run. It's a physical conference. He's going to be gone after this year. He's almost certain gonna be gone, So enjoy him while he's by the way.
Speaker 3: They would before we move on from Derek Brown, they would line him up on the edge in certain packages. Yeah, six five three twenty. He moved all over the line, and he was throwing out pass rushing moves from the edge and just demolishing quarterbacks, and I can tell you as an Oregon fan, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what they're gonna do with them. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I am not looking forward to the Derek Brown solution because the track record of Oregon, even with different coaches and figuring out a dominant defensive lineman of Auburn not the best.
Speaker 2: He probably qualifies as a Dubo, but I don't care. I'm putting him in there, the other Auburn guy, and then we're gonna move on Booby Whitlow. Sure he Okay, we don't know what Auburn is gonna look like on offense this year. Jared's Didham's gone. They're trying to figure out if it's gonna be Joey Gatewood, who some have called a a mini or a baby version of Cam Newton, which is high praise. Okay, it's going to be bo Nicks a quarterback. I see that uncertainty, and I'm thinking, it's Booby time, baby.
Speaker 3: Please fresh isolate the sound of ty saying it's Booby time baby.
Speaker 2: Freshman year, seven touchdowns, seven and eighty seven yards. It's a system that we know, at least used to be kind to the running backs. I don't know what it is anymore, but with that kind of debut season, he figures to be in line, given uncertainty elsewhere on the offense, to have a really good season.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited to see what Booby Witlow hasn't tore.
Speaker 2: Real first name is Jitarvius, which is equally as amazing, but Booby Witlow is the official moniker.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful year for SEC running backs. By the way, Jay Harris, I.
Speaker 2: Had a hard time going through that list looking at these. I wanted to say something nice about all of them. There's so much amo there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Where are we going next? Dan, Let's go the Big ten?
Speaker 1: How about that? This one was tough for me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start with I'm gonna start with a Big ten player who I know for a fact.
Speaker 1: We'll get to you and continue to get you hot and bothered.
Speaker 2: You're giving me the vapors here, going big ten. I have a healthy list.
Speaker 3: Pat frarm youth baby baby so was a what a freshman last year? Not freshman All American?
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 3: He was a ridiculous end zone weapon in big games, scoring I think in eight or nine touchdowns is a true freshman. Whether it was true or red shirt, I don't remember. But he is the heir apparent to Mike Kasiki in terms of doesn't matter who the quarterback is, doesn't matter the situation. I think he's going to be crazy dependable. I know some Penn State fans call him like baby Gronk.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I assume that's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Sure, but I think he is going to be pretty significant for Penn State this year and will become a household dude.
Speaker 2: Name my dude for Penn State is Robert Windsor Okay, along the defensive lines, defensive tackle he tore Gross Matos is gonna get a lot of the attention this year at end, for sure. He had eight sacks last season. Micah parsons he's going to get a lot of attention because he led the team in tackles as a freshman. Rightfully, so in general, Penn State's defense looks like it's going to be crazy good. But don't forget about Robert Winsor up the middle. He had seven and a half sacks last year. He's very good against the run. He's going to be a key cog in the works. They're still trying to figure out. I think, who's going to be that DT number two that lines up next to him. But he's a senior. He's going to be anchoring the middle interior portion of that defensive line for Penn State and should have a pretty good year.
Speaker 3: And as far as you can tell, people are not necessarily bullish on the Penn State offense in the way that they were two to three hour years ago.
Speaker 2: And how could you be trace Picks, You're winning His quarterback in program history is walking out the door. That's a year after Saquon Barkley. Maybe the best running back to ever come through your system walks out the door. It's a lot to replace. This is a really pivotal year for James Franklin and Ricky Ronnie.
Speaker 3: I gave kJ Hamler some thought because he is one of probably I don't know eight players nationally who's an extra gear guy. I was like, oh, he's got a little Oh he's gone. Oh, he's just gone. He is that kind of player, and so I gave a thought. But he is closing in on dude bona fides for sure.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Anthony McFarlane, Oh from Maryland. Now our backstory history. Our backstory on Anthony McFarland is that we thought, at least for a moment in time, and by we, I definitely only mean me, but maybe you that Anthony McFarland was the actual son of one Booger McFarland, who you see on TV.
Speaker 1: Anthony Booger McFarland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went with that. We ran with that, and unlike a lot of the other factual mistakes that we inevitably make during the season and off season, it took a while for someone to find this one. Yeah, it wasn't immediate like it usually is. It took to like Thursday after a Sunday show for someone to say, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so wait a minute.
Speaker 2: It turns out they're not related. But Anthony McFarland is still a very good football player. He plays running back for Maryland. He rushed for over a thousand yards as a freshman. That includes a monster game against Ohio State late in the year when he almost ran for three hundred yards on just twenty one carries, which is remarkable. They've got a new coach at Maryland. Now we'll see what that offense looks like. But anytime you can have that kind of impact as a freshman in a very tough conference on a not so great team. That's something that a coach can build around, and I think they will. So I'm excited to see what chapter two of the McFarland Earra looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no more Ty Johnson, who was quietly excellent for the Terps and so it is his backfield.
Speaker 1: Okay. I have Josh ucha Ucci Michigan. Ooh good one.
Speaker 3: A lot of options there, but I think he's gonna get after the quarterback in a pretty significant way for the Wolverines. They're just they reload. They're going to be excellent on defense. One more time, two more times, three more times. He is going to be excellent for them. He's long, he's rangy, and he flashed in a rotation role last year, which is always a good sign. Do you have a Michigan player here?
Speaker 2: I didn't pick a Michigan player.
Speaker 1: Okay. I have Patty Fisher.
Speaker 2: Ooh good name. I love that. That's Patty with two d's. Right, that's Patty with two d's who is everywhere for Northwestern. A receiving corps that loses a couple of key coggs receive a linebacking corps that loses Key Coggs. But he is Every year Northwestern has this is appropriate. They have a dude. They just year over year, the Northwestern defense always has a like, Oh, this this person is significant. This person is all Big Ten, if not all America. A token Pat Fitzgerald, right, a token Pat Fitzgerald a grinder, that's right. Patti Fisher is going to be that do everything guy this year for Northwestern. Would not surprise me if he led the Big Ten and tackles that kind of player. I've got Tyler Johnson on here from Minnesota. Okay, I like that wide receiver. Not going to talk too much about him.
Speaker 1: Consistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, passing games should be better. He is the guy. He's the target they're gonna if they're going to take a step forward. Some people were really bullish on what they could do on offense this year. Tyler Johnson would have to factor in there, so he's a big one. I have two guys from Indiana because I'm always pretty high in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Whoo, who's yours? I want to start with.
Speaker 2: If I had to pick one guy, one guy of all the names that I'm throwing out here, the one guy that I would have picked over everybody is Nick Westbrook from Indiana.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm always a little high on Indiana, higher than I should be, but I'm really intrigued by the Indiana offense in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: They've got really good skill talent.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I've got two names and I'm going to call out here, but let's start with Westbrook. This is a system that's thrown a lot over the last two years, and that's not likely to change since Tom Allen went out and hired Kaylin de Bor from Fresno to run the offense. De Bor is on the record. You can go on YouTube, you can go on newspapers. You can find plenty of references to him talking about how they want to generate more explosiveness and how that's his top priority. This is a really big deal if you're looking.
Speaker 1: At Nick Westbrook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether it's Peyton I almost said Peyton Manning, He's definitely not Peyton Manning, Peyton Ramsey at quarterback, whether it's someone else, they just had a lot of trouble throwing deep. If they can get better at all in that area, that's a big deal for Nick Westbrook. He's in line for a big year. He led the team with seventy targets. He led wide receivers with a dot. He wasn't quite to the nine yard level that we mentioned earlier like Lynn Bowden, but he was at eight point four. If they go deep, Nick Westbrook is going to be the guy. They're going deep too. We know they're going to throw. I think the future is very bright for him in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I like that pick.
Speaker 2: The other guy, the other name is Stevie Scott. Okay, Stevie Scott's the running back for Indiana. The issue for Indiana is going to be offensive line outside of quarterback on offense. The other issue is going to be offensive line where they're replacing three of five starters up front. That's going to have an impact on Stevie Scott. But this is another big kid with a lot of promise. Rushed for over eleven hundred yards, had ten touchdowns in his freshman year, and again another guy on that Indiana roster that's due for a pretty big year.
Speaker 3: I definitely have a dude bona fide with my final pick for the big ten, aj Epanessa for Iowa. Very good who just laid waste to left tackles across the conference. He's another he might go top ten something like that in the NFL draft. He is, He's a technician. He plays angry, he disrupts. He had a million tackles for loss and sex. He was productive and he will become. If he's not already a household name within the Big ten, he might be the best. Chase Young is probably the best pure talent. But in terms of just how impressed I am, because Chase Young is just off the charts, I think he has the dude bona fides after winning the Penn State Game. Essentially at the end, I'm going with aj Abanessa, even though there is some dubo to him.
Speaker 1: I have one more dubo.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about our friends over at Indo Chino, Dan.
Speaker 1: Total dude bonafides. Indo Chino.
Speaker 2: They make suits and shirts to your exact measurements for an unparalleled fit and comfort. Guys love the wide selection of high quality fabrics and colors, not to mention the option to personalize the details, including your lapel, you're lining your pockets, your buttons, you name it. It's easy process. Dan. You can visit a stylist at one of forty North American showrooms and have him take your measurements, or you can measure yourself at home and shop online at Indo Chino dot com. That's Ido chi n O dot com. Then you just submit your measurements with all your design choices and you chill. They're going to get that suit out to you that's going to be professionally tailored. This week, Solid Rebel listeners can get any premium Indo chinosuit for three hundred and sixty nine bucks at Indo Chino dot com. All you got to do is enter the code SOLID at checkout. That's fifty percent off the regular price for a made to measure premium suit. Shipping is always free. That's indochino dot com promo code Solid. Any premium suit three sixty nine free shipping. An incredible deal for a premium made to measure suit. Once you go custom, you won't want to go back and dan. My final point on Indo Chino, we do need to get together and get fitted from it.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting here.
Speaker 2: I know we've been put We've we've been talking about this for months on end. Now I'm gonna stuff you full of food. We're gonna try on some custom made suits. Well, we're gonna get fitted for custom maid suits.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting. We need to do this soon. Don't let the solid poppy hold you back. I know, I know.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later. People have been asking, yeah about my new girl, but check out Indochino promo code Solid. Okay, which conference you want to do next? We've knocked off the Big ten, the PAC twelve, and the SEC.
Speaker 3: I'd like to add this as a nice little disclaimer. After three of these conferences, we know there's one hundred and thirty teams. Oh yeah, we know there are potentially hundreds, if not thousands, of potential dudes. So what we're requesting is if we left somebody off of our dude list, that's so glaring, so impossible to think of as being abandoned at his two time of need in middle of late July, just keep it to yourself. No, you can tweet us. I don't, It's fine. Tell us we're and how could we not include bliberty blobbity JK. Dobbins, who obviously has this dude bona fides for Ohio State. Yeah, you can, you know we will. We will accept all submissions and consider that moving forward, because we're not awarding dudes right now. This is just a watch list.
Speaker 2: This is a watch list. I was going to offer. Maybe I shouldn't, No, I was gonna I was going to offer to compile a master list of missing dudes and then put it together in some sort of Bohemian rhapsody style singing poetry.
Speaker 1: Really half jokingly.
Speaker 3: Okay, so is that the lowest descaparasidos dudes? The missing, the forgotten dudes? Sure disappeared dudes.
Speaker 2: Which conference you want to go to next? Let's go to Big twelve, Dig twelve. I got three names in the Big twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got like seven.
Speaker 2: I could have done seven. Three really jumped out to me. Okay, I want to start with my boy, Charlie Brewer from Baylor.
Speaker 1: Okay, why is it your guy?
Speaker 2: I you know, I've had this weird thing for Charlie Brewer. He came on in the Matt Rule era. It's clearly been a bit of a rocky go As Baylor tries tries to rebuild, he's gotten better each year. He's the definite starter this season for the Baylor Bears. Lock it in yep through three hundred and ninety balls last year and had only nine interceptions.
Speaker 1: Like that, nice and say, probably.
Speaker 2: The fourth best quarterback in the Big Twelve behind Ellinger Hurts and Brock Purty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, depending on I mean, you're gonna be able to pencil in whoever starts for Oklahoma State is probably being very good because that's the reputation that Oklahoma State quarterbacks have had these past few years. You know, for good TCU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech. We'll see.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna get some production there. If British Allen Legends.
Speaker 2: Alan Bowman would be would be someone who would challenge I think for that number four slot. But Brewer is in the discussion. I like the fact that he's shown improvement. I like the fact that Baylor as a team has played with so much heart the last two seasons. I think that that helps. It speaks to the leadership on the team. The guys who are obviously prominent, like Brewer, play into that.
Speaker 1: So let's start with Charlie Brewer for.
Speaker 2: Me, Okay, fair enough, I'm going to go to Brock party. As long as we're starting at quarterback. Good one for him.
Speaker 3: To come in as young as he as young as he was in taking over. I was just crazy impressed with him all season long. Big games, small games, medium sized games. He performed. He got the ball to receivers. Obviously his receiving corps is going to look a little bit differently this year. But I have nothing but confidence that he's going to be even better for Matt Campbell and Iowa State, and it's gonna be a fun year. He usually is in the Big Twelve, but Iowa State, especially with how they're building up depth. I have another Iowa State player on here.
Speaker 1: I have one too, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have Greg Eysworth, who is I guess does he qualify as a former land shark. He came in when they were actually good to Ole miss transfers to Juco ends up at Iowa State. Is you know, as versatile as safety as there is in the Big Twelve. I'm a big fan of his and has has helped this defense not just become pretty good, but good like just absolutely inflicting pain on a number of teams. This Iowa State defense has been really great at times, So I think he's a big reason why. Up the middle he's been great.
Speaker 2: I've got Jaquan Bailey. Okay, the defensive end for Iowa State. The theme this season will be Iowa State's front seven. They're really good. Chiquan Bailey is the big name, but he's not a household name, right. He had eight sacks fourteen and a half tackles for loss last year. He's already tied the Iowa State record for career sacks and he's got a whole year to go.
Speaker 1: Is a really good player.
Speaker 2: If you're not going to tune in specifically to Jakwan Bailey, I mean you're missing out if you're not, but tune in for the Iowa State defense.
Speaker 1: The Iowa State.
Speaker 2: Defense, yeah, is going to be as good as advertised this year, especially in that front seven, and Bailey plays a pretty big role there. So I'm excited to see what Matt Campbell has in store on that side of the ball.
Speaker 3: Let's just score some more points for the Syhawk Trophy this year, what do we say, ty, Let's let's do a little bit more. Iowa State last year thirty third in defensive points per drive allowed minus garbage time, So climbing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about Caden Sterns? Is he too high level? No?
Speaker 1: I think that's good. He was young.
Speaker 2: Caden Sterns, safety for Texas, Freshman All American, four interceptions, one of six guys to have more than fifty tackles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got hurt.
Speaker 2: Got hurt clearly, Sam Ellinger, Colin Johnson gonna get a lot of love on that offense, a lot of the tension. But this guy here, I think everyone has acknowledged after seeing him one year on the field, he is a clear start in the making, someone to really go back there and play center field.
Speaker 3: Had a great game against SC I believe had a blocked kick, was all over the place. Loved watching him in that game. You know what, Let's stay with Texas and I'll go Lucas Niang for for TCU. Another name that will become household. Could be the second offensive lineman taken in the draft, but was so good and played whistle to whistle time nice No, he's an aggressor for TCU for a TCU unit that was pretty rough at times last year, there was a ton of effort from him. Six to six I think three point thirty just enormous and should come up big plays right tackle and will pave the way for a good amount for the Frogs.
Speaker 1: Anybody else in the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: Dan Jalen Rager, I know, maybe has dude bona fides, but somebody that fast. He is an extra gear guy you know, would disappear at times, has been a little bit beat up, But my god, when Jalen Rager has the fire under his feet, he is as exciting a player with the ball in his hands as anybody in the country.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: Tylan Wallace is probably one of the best five receivers in the country. Goes after balls. Is just an aggressor a really really nice route runner, whether it's think it's Spencer Sanders or Drew Brown who will be battling out for the Cowboys starting quarterback job. Tylan Wallace is a luxury for a team that keeps year after year and they still have Dylan Stoner, but year after year developing these top flight receivers. He's the dude.
Speaker 1: Once again.
Speaker 3: I have just on the topic of Oklahoma State, Chuba Hubbard. He was especially later on in the season, came on very very strong in the backfield. Is I mean, looking at the running backs, maybe Kennedy Brooks is better, but Chuba Hubbard is probably my guy. Just overall in the Big twelve. I fully anticipate him in this new offense, this what do we call it? The Peter Hoffman offense for Princeton, for Oklahoma State. I think he's gonna have a huge year Chuba Hubbard.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: Kenneth Murray, who, aside from just having to do everything for this Oklahoma defense, do I have to do everything? That kind of player. I think he kind of saved somebody's life last week. I don't know if you saw this story. Oh yeah, that's crazy, but he administered CPR. A couple was somebody was not breathing in a car in front of him, and his girlfriend called nine to one while Kenneth Murray administered CPR.
Speaker 1: So just cool story.
Speaker 3: And he had something like one hundred and sixty tackles last year, so everywhere for Oklahoma, and I anticipate him thriving in the Alex Grinch defense. And thus concludes my list of Big twelve dudes.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the acc Yeah, have you taken a peek at Syracuse's defense this year?
Speaker 3: I must admit ty, I went away and secluded myself to study Syracuse.
Speaker 1: Now I did not. I have not.
Speaker 2: Syracuse has some manpower on that defense. Okay, you're gonna hear a lot about Andre Cisco, who as a true freshman last year was ridiculous, ridiculous and is only going to.
Speaker 1: Get better as safety. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Want to call out Alton Robinson along the Syracuse defensive line.
Speaker 1: He got real good.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did last year ten sacks, seventeen tackles for loss, twenty and a half runs, stuffs if you want to use some of our friend Bill Connolly's numbers. He can rush the passer, he can stop the run. You can find all sorts of clips of him roasting Notre Dame's offensive line last year.
Speaker 1: I could tell you that much.
Speaker 2: It's exciting to see this. Alton Robinson is a different maker up front. I mentioned Cisco, he had something crazy like seven interceptions as a freshman. It's like an All American. So this is exciting if you're a Syracuse Orange fan. I know we have a lot that listened, but I'm really excited to see what this kid does along the defensive line. He's got a ton of promise, and I think the kind of guy who makes a difference in some key spots for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got a couple of guys in that defensive backfield. I like their line. A lot linebacker will be different for Syracuse that might be a step back situation, but yeah, Syracuse defense is pretty good.
Speaker 2: The other name that I have in the ACC, it's my only other name in the ACC. Can you believe that two names? I have two names? These two jump out? Can I put them above everybody?
Speaker 1: Sure? Is it Hassis du bois? No, it is not. Oh okay, I considered him but ultimately did not go with him.
Speaker 2: Let's go with Xavier Thomas for Clemson. So he's a defensive end. Clemson's entire line has gone from last year, which no, which means there are definitely snaps to be had. Clemson's line this year is going to be super young and a ton of fun to watch as an encore to what we saw last year. This guy, to Xavier Thomas, isn't a deep sleeper. He was a five star recruit. Last year as a freshman saw sometime at three and a half sacks a bunch of tackles for loss. But now he really gets the opportunity to step into the limeblight and take over, take control of that defensive line and I expect him to do. So. I think he's in line for a big year. We know Clemson's reloading, They're not at a point where they ever have to rebuild the foreseeable future. But you put the X man up front there, and he's going to change games.
Speaker 3: I have John Simpson on the other side of the ball, okay, mostly because I've seen his name more than anybody else's this week in college football news circles.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He showed up at ACC media.
Speaker 3: Day wearing a giant wig as Trevor Lawrence long hair, and then he also claimed Notre Dame was a tougher out than Alabama. Yeah, which, my man, good for you, John Simpson. You beat Notre Dame by twenty seven. You beat Alabama by twenty eight. If math recalls and math math is math ty, yep, it's gotta be true. So John Simpson did a terrific job paving the way for Traves etn Last year. The line was a strength once again for Clemson. So John Simpson did a great job inside for them. They rotate a ton of guys, but he is, He is now going to be anchoring that line this year. So love John Simpson, and I would be terrified of him if I were anybody in the ACC.
Speaker 1: Anybody else in the ACC.
Speaker 3: I got Marvin Wilson, who may not be terrified of John. If you watch Marvin Wilson play, maybe he's not super terrified of John Simpson. But he's one of the very few comes in as what like the number one player in the country defensive tackle up in the nose, sometimes gets into the backfield. Is crazy athletic for his size, and I think he's going to have a breakout here Florida State, mostly because he's not going to be on the field nearly as much because the offense has to improve. They must at this point, so he will get a little bit more in the way of breathers. But Marvin Wilson was at his best a crazy interrupter last year. Yeah, I've got basically the entire Miami defense. But I just love Shaq Quorterman. He was somebody else who whether it was in coverage or rushing the quarterback, he was just another I mean, crazy interrupter. If I'm going to use the same verbiage. Loved watching him, and I mean whether it's pink knee, whether it's God, who else is on that defense this year. That's back again, Trajan Bandy. I really like this Miami defense as Manny Diaz takes over. And not that their defense is gonna be any different he was running it last year, but there's the familiarity there that I think they're gonna thrive.
Speaker 1: We still have a group of five guys to do. We do have group guys. Who do you have in the group of five? Can I be honest with you for a second. This is the time.
Speaker 2: This is a show about honesty. As you know, Dad would try You and I talk pretty frequently, wouldn't you say, throughout the course of a day to plan the show. Yeah, to check in his friends, right.
Speaker 1: At a minimum. I think that's true.
Speaker 2: We came up with this concept on Tuesday afternoon. I was all for it.
Speaker 1: I still am.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about this show. Tuesday evening, I went home after the mysterious day job. I worked hard. I mind dudes from all corners of college football.
Speaker 1: Dude minor Yeah. And then at.
Speaker 2: About one am I got to the group of five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was at one am where I wrote up an elaborate, gushing, flowery description of how I am so excited for twenty nineteen version of Tyree Jackson from Buffet Boom. I have it all written here. They went seven to one conference last year, ten and four overall, Lance Leipol, the guy can coach. Yeah, Whitewater seven national championships at Wisconsin Whitewater, right, mm hmm, Tyree Jackson six seven to forty five?
Speaker 1: What's not to like?
Speaker 2: Not accurate always, but a big dude. Uh huh. And it was at that point that you shared with me, not at one am, but on Wednesday on our g chat session that you had some alarming news for me regarding Tyree Jackson.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And that alarming news den is that Tyree Jackson now plays for the Buffalo Bills of the NFL, not the Buffalo Bulls of college football.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 3: He entered his name into the transfer portal and then entered his name into the NFL draft.
Speaker 1: So sorry about that.
Speaker 2: So Tyree Jackson here, I still kept on my list because again this is a transparent show. Yeah, but now have five bolded x is next to his name.
Speaker 3: One of my all time favorite like he made plays, he was definitely good. Buffalo was really good last year, but one of my all time like the scouting reports of him are like, really impressive athlete, crazy good arm, accuracy, understanding on a level of NFL. So yeah, he was very fun.
Speaker 2: Let's stick with a quarterback though, in the group of five, and let's talk about Jordan Love from Miles Stage. Yeah, Jordan Love threw for thirty five hundred yards and thirty two touchdowns last year ran for seven more touchdowns. So this is this kid's a stud. You just haven't heard about him. If you're used to watching the Big Ten or a Power five conference every week, he should be poised for a monster year. The only reason I hed you a little bit is because Gary Anderson is back and coaching, and I don't know what kind of tweaks he's gonna make to that offense.
Speaker 3: Do you know who their offensive coordinator is, Mike Sandford. What did Mike Sandford do in year one of Deshaun Kaiser?
Speaker 1: He did pretty good things, and you did a pretty good thing.
Speaker 3: He coached Andrew Luck and Kevin Hogan at Stanford. I think it was the Grant Hedrick hed year for Boise State and Deshaun Kaiser took a step back for sure his second season, But year one Deshaun Kaiser was I mean, I think Mike Safford has a pretty good reputation, a little strange, a little bit, yeah, that you go from Western Kentucky not working out as a head coach to Utah State that there wasn't a softer landing spot. But that's who Jordan Love has, who's known to be a good quarterback whisper.
Speaker 2: That would be an optimal situation. We'll see what the tweaks look like, see how the offense changes, if at all, But Jordan Love is a name to keep on your radar. Utah State needs to get its offensive line figured out. Offense, You've got to get a lot of stuff figured out, but particularly the offensive line. That'll play a role in how Jordan Love does in twenty nineteen. But he's definitely a name to keep on the radar.
Speaker 1: And you know who his offensive line coach was last year? Was it last year? Yes?
Speaker 3: Last year, as I'm losing my mind, it was mister flat foot casual dress, James Franklin's offensive coordinator. And so Jordan Love had a little bit of flat footy moments while succeeding, but he had those moments. So there's a lot to like about Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: I have Love. I have Richie Grant, the safety at UCF. I call him.
Speaker 2: Richie six picks after his make up yourself I did, I think I did unless I saw it somewhere and inhaled it subliminally, subliminally through osmosis great and center field.
Speaker 3: It was a very very strong pass defense last year. I expect the same for the Knights in UCF. Their weakness has been, or was last year, the run nothing. He was mostly playing back and not really a box safety, but I think he has NFL talent written all over him. I have Patrick Johnson from the American who is the joker outside linebacker for two Lane. He was a tackle for Lost Machine, good size for that sort of rush drop end type outside linebacker into coverage as well. And the good news about him one, well, there's two bits of good news. One, that's a very strong line up front for two lane this year and they're going to lead the way for the Green Wave. And then they have Auburn week two, Houston week four, and they're at Army week five. So he will have an opportunity to show out against some some top flight competition and become an even bigger household name.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, who do you have next?
Speaker 2: I want to start with Alvin Davis the safety, Tyree Jackson, No more, Tyree Jackson, he's on the rushmore have the dude watch list. Alvin Davis safety Akron he is five to nine, one seventy five. Wow, it's not exactly a tank back, so you're stunt double. That's right, But back to back all mac honors. Every site, strangely has a different number for his total number of tackles over the last three years. Let's just say it's at least two hundred and thirty four in the last three years. Super productive, excited to see what he can do. He comes streaming down from center field. Not the biggest guy in the world, but another one who has a ton of impact.
Speaker 1: On the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who do you have next? Michael Warren the second? Oh yeah, no brainer, no brainer. Running back Cincinnati rushed for over thirteen hundred yards last season, had nineteen touchdowns as a sophomore. This is an offense that ran the ball a ton last year. They ran even more than Wisconsin. He's got most of his line back. He's got another year with Desmond Ritter back there, who had a pretty good freshman campaign at quarterback, A duel threat guy. I think under Luke Fickle last year kind of a surprise year for Cincinnati. They've got a lot of key pieces back on offense. This year, I need to take another step forward. Remember they were led by defense last year, so now to hopefully take.
Speaker 1: That offense pretty incredible one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take that offense up a gear could make all the more difference for the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stick with your Mac pick.
Speaker 3: Because I really liked watching Levante Bellamy play last year. I didn't watch a ton of Western Michigan, but I watched some of the Michigan game, and I watched some of the Syracuse game the shootout, and he was good versus Michigan. He found he found grass and then just obliterated, just demolished Syracuse. He had like something like ten yards of carry, was all over the field. Gives me like a Michael James vibe. Doesn't have the upper end speed, but even at a somewhat diminutive with a somewhat diminutive frame, runs hard between the tackles, you know, turns three into seven and a half. Like I've said to I think for Kadarius Tony, but in a more traditional running back role. Really strong runner. Really liked watching Levante Bellamy last year goes for over a thousand yards. My final dude is from the Mountain West. Kiava Tazino.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe how.
Speaker 2: You would pronounce for punishment with these names.
Speaker 3: He's just so good. He's anchoring the San Diego State defense. They're looking for a bounce back year this year. John Washington is an interesting name, of course, for the for the Aztecs. He should go over a thousand yards this year, but in a defense replacing some guys. I think he is going to be You're gonna be able to set your watch to Kiava Tazino. So give me San Diego States. And by the way, the Mountain West has been turning out linebackers pretty quietly in a really good job. Last year was what Jeff Allison for Fresno State. I think he was like a preseason dude of some kind that we mentioned. And this year Kiava to Zino. How about that Kiawa to Zino. Yeah, Okay, there you have it. Our long list of sleeper dudes and fringe doubos and just fun guys out there on the field to pay attention, to write them down, send in your own lists if you want. Maybe we'll do a Bohemian style singing poem.
Speaker 1: Maybe we won't.
Speaker 3: It's like our hipster dudes, like, we could just go with the obvious guys exactly, or we could dig.
Speaker 1: A little bit deeper. These guys are gonna be reckon column B.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, want of manpower out there. Okay, one more time before we let you go. Don't forget to follow us on social media. Don't forget to check out the subreddit a reddit dot com, slash our slash Solidverbal, a teeming community of like minded for ballers who are into the show. Comment on every episode.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We've got t shirts out there at soliverbal dot com slash store you can buy. They'll be ready in like two weeks. Get sent out to you have really good feedback on the shirt stand by the way, nice and most importantly, Soliverbal tickets dot com, slash Texas, Soliverbaltickets dot com, slash DC. We're doing two live shows, one on August the seventeenth in Texas, one on August the eighteenth, the very next day in Washington, d C. Both shows will be fantasy things, drafts. It will not be the same show. We're working out a way to make that happen. But one of the coolest things that we have the privilege of doing each and every year. If you're into the show, if you're in one of those little cows, grab a friend, corral your significant other. We can't do pets, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't guess.
Speaker 2: We can get tickets, come on out and meet us. It's going to be a fun evening talking college football, and we're, as you said, super excited to meet some of the people who support the show.
Speaker 3: It's every year we tried to do more in terms of mixed media. Last year we had the big screen in Chicago and Taylor was manning the booth and we had some cool stuff back there. This year we have even bigger plans. And I believe you didn't mention where in Texas the show is. It's in the DFW area, but that's where it is. Texas a big state, so we'd be like in Dallas, in Dallas past is it an Amarillo, It's yeah, it's in Dallas. And so if you're able to get to either one of these shows, that'd be crazy cool. We'd love to meet you and hang out.
Speaker 2: We do have some really cool things planned.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're about a month out, right, about a month out.
Speaker 2: We have to get moving. Actually, maybe we should talk about after the show.
Speaker 1: We're goen do the whole thing in Spanish and Portuguese.
Speaker 2: All right, So there you go. Buy your tickets. You got our dudes, Send in yours on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, on the reddit, solverb at gmail dot com if you want to do it the old fashioned email way.
Speaker 1: We will be.
Speaker 2: Back a week from now. My guess is tickets may be sold out by then. We get in on the fun if you haven't already. In the meantime, though, for that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinsteed, for myself, te Hope and Brad, we will catch you all in a week. Stay cool, stay solid.
Speaker 1: Pause that's peace in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Hi,