Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jattie and now Key Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: So before we go to our London bureau for a special guest. I'm a little bit embarrassed that I had to look this up. But I think for most of my life I would use Great Britain in England interchangeably, not knowing that they were different things. I think that happens with a lot of people. Great Britain means if you say Great Britain, you mean England, Scotland and Wales. Those three places are Great Britain. But if you say UK, I didn't know this. If you say the United Kingdom, it's those places plus Northern Ireland. So Great Britain's three countries. United Kingdom is four countries. Okay, I didn't know that, and I probably won't remember it anyway. In England, Joe Getty, the other half of the Armstrong Angetty show, probably in London. How are you this morning?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 1: I am in London and it is five o'clock in the evening here roughly, I am ridiculously jet lagged and sleep deprived, but otherwise in fine feddle.
Speaker 3: Still after you got there Friday, No Saturday morning, late Saturday morning here, I for some reason, I just couldn't sleep last night.
Speaker 2: Wired too much espresso or something.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I celebrated total sleeplessness by walking for six hours straight with my sweet wife around London town today, seeing a museum and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So did you five or five o'clock in the afternoon. Are you supposed to do afternoon tea or some bs or something.
Speaker 2: I could use a beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we may do high tea at some point, depends on how hard my wife twists my arm. But mostly we've just we did the British Museum today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's awesome. That's one of the greatest museums in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's breathtaking. It's I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. I hadn't done a lot of research, honestly, but the collection of antiquities from the ancient world, your Goths and Visigoths, your Romans, your Greeks, so your Persians throwing a few Persians.
Speaker 2: There and Assyrians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's amazing though. I saw the oldest books that exists and the oldest library, and I was gazing at the Rosetta stone.
Speaker 2: The actual thing just amazing.
Speaker 3: So how is the weather.
Speaker 1: It's a ball me, it's absolutely beautiful, seventy five.
Speaker 2: There are no bugs.
Speaker 3: It's not no, it's not. That's fahrenheit. What is it in Celsius.
Speaker 2: Let's see the air conditioners set at twenty two?
Speaker 3: Whatever that means? Oh my god, that's warm work or cold? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It is comfortable, honey.
Speaker 3: The air conditioners said twenty two? What do we say to ood?
Speaker 4: Bye?
Speaker 3: So I don't want to get into serious stuff really, but I just Katie mentioned there were huge anti immigration protests over the weekend. Did you are you become aware of that?
Speaker 2: No? Not really.
Speaker 1: We saw cops going here and there, and we saw some bobby sporting.
Speaker 2: They don't look like bobbies, they just look like cops.
Speaker 3: You're talking fahrenheit and cops.
Speaker 1: I just don't know. You're not taking to England. No, not yet. But yeah, we saw a couple of smallest protests. They didn't seem to be anti immigration protests. But here's something interesting for you. Every Londoner we have talked to for an extended period, be the Uber driver, tour guide, waiter, et cetera, has mentioned the immigration situation really unprompted.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask them about it.
Speaker 1: In describing various things to see and do in London. Uh, it comes up a time.
Speaker 3: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, it's not.
Speaker 1: These damn dan Tai immigrant jerks are No, it's like you probably don't want to go there and over here it's you hear a lot. Frankly, it's funny. I'm hesitating to say this out loud, but what it was said to me. You hear a lot of so many Arabs. Really, it's funny. They refer to them as Arabs mostly. But yeah, yeah, it's it's interesting. There is tension, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's good information. I didn't know. I suppose I had never thought about it. They have Uber in London. Oh yeah, yeah, exactly the same using the same app you used here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, easy peasy, no lyft though, don't even try. I'll tell you another thing about London is it is more teeming with humanity. Then well, it's like Times Square in New York in this summertime, or like Union Square in San Francisco before it got all poopy. I mean, just millions and millions of human beings everywhere. Really, it's unbelievable. Yeah, I mean you can still have a good time and see the sites and such, but it's it's it's a thriving metropolis, no doubt. And today's some sort of or this weekend a Giant Bank holiday they call it. It's a three day end of summer holiday. So it's it's extra crazy. What have you been eating a lot of fish and chips?
Speaker 2: No joke?
Speaker 3: I know when I when I was in England, I have fishing chips every meal and they were all different, which was interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, right, yeah, we we like to when like in Mexico, we'd always try the guacamole. And when I was in Vienna, not that I travel that much. It sounds like I'm some sort of world traveler, but I'm not. I would try the veen or schnitzel everywhere we went.
Speaker 3: What did you eat when you were in Hamburg?
Speaker 2: Uh? A hot dog?
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's I had a couple of pints and as I mentioned last week, I guess we had dinner with our next door neighbors at home last night here in London.
Speaker 2: They happen to be here too, so that was that was delightful. It was funny.
Speaker 3: What what beer are you drinking that they have on tap there?
Speaker 2: You know, honestly I can't even It's not but light, is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good lord?
Speaker 1: No, No, I did have a peroni at lunch today. That's an Italian logger, I think. But you know, I'll go in and you know, order whatever's on tap and they'll do that weird tap that's not even refrigerated and it's like more of a pump.
Speaker 2: Than a like electrified American tap.
Speaker 1: But I do enjoy the pub thing though. I remember you saying how much you enjoyed thinking your dress days.
Speaker 2: I love the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, quiet ish unless there's a soccer match going on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, football football match going on and just I don't know. It's it's it's good. I like it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Michael has a question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you constantly hear the Benny theme and we go through the streets of.
Speaker 1: You want me to lose at one and a half speed? That's right, No, Michael, no, forgot.
Speaker 3: Oh that is funny.
Speaker 1: We did the big double decker bus trip bus tour thing yesterday. I just rode around more or less all day.
Speaker 3: I never did that and.
Speaker 2: Saw the site. Say it was fun. It was good.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, just get the lay of the land, getting get a mental picture of the city and how it lays out, and make mental notes of places you want to go back to.
Speaker 2: Got an eight and a quarter hour walking tour tomorrow. Wow, so all day, sucker. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. That's a lot about help me, God, help me.
Speaker 3: I yelled at an old man at sailing lessons. Missed that story. Oh really, Yeah, you haven't come in the old bastard, the old man in the sea. He was about to be the old man in the sea. Yeah, he had it coming, and keep telling me what to do. Me and him were.
Speaker 2: Sure a bull telling you what to do. So I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like some guy who's also in the beginning sailing class telling you me what to do.
Speaker 6: Yes, Katie, yeah, Joe. This man has no name, he's just known as sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I yelled at him, sir, I'm going to do what the instructor told.
Speaker 7: Me to do sir.
Speaker 2: Wow, well there you go. Sorry it turned ugly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. Anyway, back to England.
Speaker 2: So Katie might be interested in this.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's a never ending fashion show walking the streets here. I guess most big cities are, really but because it's you know, a cosmopolitan euro and you know, just good lord, the things the women wear. It's amazing, everything from the full bee keeper to like are they filming a porn around here?
Speaker 3: A porn?
Speaker 1: And and like you know that's that's within five people walking by you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I never so many navels in my life before, but it's very summary here in London.
Speaker 3: Well, as Samuel Johnson said, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life. You can drink at the pub where he used to write all that stuff. By the way, maybe you've done that.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I did? Oh, I was thinking of you.
Speaker 1: I got to send you the picture as I stood next to the desk where Karl Marx troke dust capita.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the leech ne'er do well money on it, and and and he even but did you tell me this here?
Speaker 2: Bregnated the maze or something. Yeah, he's a sku.
Speaker 1: Short snecker stuff, and then asked his friend Engels to take.
Speaker 2: The blame for it.
Speaker 3: Right, he was all kinds of awful. It's unbelievable that anybody respects him. What I had another question about England and the pubs and the what you were doing in the and I remember what it was. It'll flip back into my head. I'm an old man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's fine. Go to the How did the tour tomorrow? Is the Tower of London? Spending a couple of hours there them, super fascinating cool? Yeah, off to Parliament in the afternoon, I think, so. Yeah, I'm super excited about it. It's just, oh my god, the walking we've done.
Speaker 2: But it's good. This may be the first vacation in my life. I'm gonna lose weight. We're on that trend so far.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I do that a lot. If you go to big cities like that and you walk most places, you couldn't eat enough galleries to counterbalance how much walking you're doing. When I you know, my trip got kind of was weird. I've only been to England once and it was there over nine to eleven, so everything got really weird right when nine to eleven happened. Everything was locked down and all that sort of stuff. But one of the coolest things I ever got to see was just because of the timing of it all, is when they did the national anthem in front of Buckingham Palace. Oh wow, to try to stay in solidarity with the United States. That had to be moving, and they had a there's a giant is it Eisenhower DR statue? I don't remember which. I think there's both, but one of them where everybody was and it was putting flowers and everything like that, And it was interesting to me that I think it was FDR that they hold FDR in such high regard there for helping win England, but you know, half the country doesn't in the United States doesn't like FDR. And the reverse with Winston Churchill. There we so idolize Winston Churchill over here and over there. It's gone. Oh it's a mixed bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, indeed, it was interesting.
Speaker 1: The tour guide and I were chatting about contemporary politics a little bit. We hired a guide for the British Museum. We went a little nuts, but it was it was super interesting. This guy was a history professor, and oh my god, did he have a grasp of the ancient world. I mean, it was all a bit of a swirrel by the end. But I'll tell you what a couple of takeaways. Number one, what I was going to say is he was talking about how the country's growing broke and they've over promised pensions to all the civil service, just like you know, I talked about the pension bomb in Californy in the US. And the other thing he said that was interesting was after COVID, they can't get anybody to work. There's a worker shortage. It's just like in the States.
Speaker 3: Because people got used to not working and getting a check.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are on the dole and one on one program or another. And are we talking about Oh, one of the galories was closed. He said, yeah, they can't get workers. Can't get workers over here. He put into a restaurant. We can't get security people over here. Just nobody wants to work.
Speaker 3: Wow. So we had that, but it didn't It wasn't that bad for that long. I remember at the beginning when things opened up, all kinds of restaurants, you know, they'd have half the thing knocked off because they didn't have enough people to work there. But that's still going on there.
Speaker 2: Wow, right right.
Speaker 1: And then the other takeaway, the final takeaway from Big Tour, what time is it?
Speaker 2: I'm talking your ear off.
Speaker 1: The other big takeaway was that as we went, it's through the various wrestling matches over who would control what ground across Europe and Asia and North Africa and everything like that. The idea that the people just before you who had the land, they're the rightful owners, right and you should feel guilty that now you and your people are sitting on it is hilarious.
Speaker 3: When you're in New Europe. Yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, every square inch of the earth has traded hands so many times through the millennia. It's just just silly. But you know, as I'm always lecturing people, it's not about justice or anything like that. It's a it's a method of it's a tool of takeover. It's a way to cow you into saying sorry, sorry, it's yours.
Speaker 3: Before we take a break, and I hope you can call in again maybe tomorrow. But what's the conversion rate on the money?
Speaker 1: I think it's about a buck thirty five to a pound. The dollars a little weaker than it's been in recent years from what I understand.
Speaker 3: I remember back in the day though, when it was like two to one, so it was really expensive to go to Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dollar was crazy strong there for a while. But no, it's not bad. Well it's not bad big city prices. But you know, we went up to big steak dinner last night and it was about what a big steak dinner is going to cost you?
Speaker 3: Right? And did you yell bloody hell when you saw the check?
Speaker 2: I wish I had.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe we'll talk to you tomorrow. Joe Getty are from our London bureau. Thank you. We got more ways to one and all more of the ways to hear.
Speaker 8: Farm strong he Getty time flies and all too quickly it was in the country. There was no electricity, no warming water, so everything had to be done hard. We The wedding was the seven o'clock and mister Turney was late sold.
Speaker 7: The wedding was the seven thirty.
Speaker 9: The Guinness World Record for longest marriage is eighty eight years, three hundred and forty nine days. That means currently Ray and g McKay are just under fourteen years, shy nothing.
Speaker 8: Probably will get divorced before then. No secret, just patience and keep on talk.
Speaker 3: Them couple celebrating their seventy fifth wedding anniversary, which obviously you got to be pretty old to be able to pull off, even if you were fifteen when you got married. I don't know how they were in this in this case. I think this is of course, mister Tarti was late, so the wedding started at seven thirty. That's funny. Uh. She still remembers that he was late for their wedding seventy five years ago.
Speaker 7: She is still bringing that up.
Speaker 3: Of course, mister Tarti here, I was precious. Yeah, that was cute and I like that. I don't know that I liked whoever the news correspondent was having to present. It is like a failure. Of course, the world record is eighty some years, so they're a long way from that.
Speaker 7: Oh, these guys got them beat.
Speaker 3: So there's no point in really talking about this since seventy five, since the world record is fourteen years longer than what's you throw them that nugget.
Speaker 6: Four Gene is ninety six and ray is one hundred and two.
Speaker 3: I don't like their chances for breaking the all time record, he'd have to be one hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: You never know one of two and ninety eight to four years apart. They may at work. Patient cyz a key. I would say that is a true with all relationships of any kind. Yeah, patient size key and the h and the recognizing that you always ain't so great to deal with yourself is also a very big help.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at another quote from then.
Speaker 6: I tell Jane that I tell people that Gene and I do a little bit of traveling these days. I drive her up the wall and she drives me up.
Speaker 7: The other wall.
Speaker 3: Hey, no, oh, they're good.
Speaker 7: They're darling. I love this story.
Speaker 3: They got a comedy routine. Good for them. That's fed the man. That is a long time Wow. Coming up, Donald Trump had a impromptu, as he always does, press conference practically every day. Took a ton of questions on a ton of issues, a ton of issues, and some of them are pretty darn interesting his replies. So we'll get to that. Coming up. We still got a minute left.
Speaker 10: Cool.
Speaker 3: I was just reading over the protests from the weekend. They had protests just this weekend, really big protests in England where Joe is. It's around a hotel on the outskirts of London where immigrants somebody from the Middle East tried to kiss a fourteen year old girl. That's what is being alleged. He says he didn't. Other people say they saw it. That has been the issue in a lot of the dust ups with immigration over there. You know, in the Middle East have a different view of the relationship between men and women, and no age barrier on any of that, as you might be aware of. So that's what caused the spark, and they're hoping it doesn't turn super violent like it did last year. But they're up fifty percent in terms of illegal channel crossings this year from last and they set the record two years ago. So I got a lot of people still coming in and things could turn even uglier, all right, what Trump had to say, and a whole bunch of different topics coming up next to them, of it's pretty entertaining.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 10: We want to go from here to other places. But I was telling some of the people that in a certain.
Speaker 2: Way, you really want to be asked to go.
Speaker 10: You know, I hate to barge in on a city and then be treated to horribly by corrupt politicians and bad politicians like a.
Speaker 2: Guy like Pritzkert. He had to spend more time in the gym. Actually, I had.
Speaker 3: To do a fat shot at the fat governor of Illinois there at the end. Spend more time on the gym. By the way, I love it. That is funny. Donald Trump saying he'd like to be invited before he sends the National Guard troops into Chicago. That's what Republican house Member Tom mclint set on our show a little bit earlier, that he'd be okay with it if they were asked, but he doesn't like the idea of the federal government just sending troops unasked. Ay you Trump talking about DC and how crime is there since he decided to get involved.
Speaker 10: But in the last eleven days, we've had no murders, and that's the first time that's taking place in.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 10: Actually years, we always have a murder a week, they call it a murder a week. You come here from Iowa, you come here from Indiana, you come here from Idaho, because you're so proud of your country, you love your country, and then you get murdered, your son gets murdered, you do it, or gets murdered. You get murdered, see the media, you get murdered. Many of you have been mugged in Washington. You just don't want to talk about it. And I know that every time I do this with you, you almost everything. But every time I do this with you, people are saying to yourselves, he's right, he's right, and then you write a negative.
Speaker 3: So the crime statistics in Chicago are being argued just like what happened in Washington, DC a week or so ago. The mayor of the socialist mayor of Chicago and the fat governor of Illinois are both claiming crime is actually down in Chicago, so they don't need the National Guard troops. So we'll see how that story turns out later in this week. But Trump, doing his impromptu press conference today, did get asked about Gavin Newsom, Gavin.
Speaker 4: Dison, You mentioned Gavin Newsom on crime.
Speaker 6: Is there a federal mechanism you're hoping to use to fight back against his redistricting constitutional amendment or is that call?
Speaker 4: I think I'm going to be filing a lawsuit pretty soon, and I think we're going to be very successful in it. We're going to be filing it through the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: That's going to happen.
Speaker 3: He had to get into the new scum thing. I don't know if that does him any good or not, but so a different topic. On Friday, the hot story was the FBI rating John Bolton's home, former National security advisor under Trump, who has turned to Trump critic and the mainstream media claiming it is some sort of retribution or a just targeting people he hates and lawfully that sort of thing. I was kind of surprised because Chris Christy, huge Trump critic, former governor of New Jersey, never has anything positive to say about anything Trump does, was ask about the whole thing on ABC this week and his answer was a little bit surprising to me.
Speaker 10: It had to get two separate judges to sign off on those search warrants, so they have to have some evidence of probable calls.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, and look, let's be fair. When we talked about this in the context of the raid of mar A Lago, I said the same thing at that point, that a federal judge had found probable cause to sign off on a search warrant, which means there's something it doesn't necessarily mean that there's evidence beyond a reasonable doubts of guilt to a violation of a federal law. What it means there's probable cause that a crime. Evidence of a crime was kept at the residence where he was searched.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's good Chris Christie. So he was asked, was the reason was this? And I think I watched it twice, actually several times too, because it seemed to me that Jonathan carl really thought he was teeing up Chris Christie to say. So Chris Christie can say this is a retribution presidency. All he's trying to do is target political enemies. And Chris Christy said no, two federal judges signed off from warrants, so there's got to be something there or the federal doesn't mean the guy's guilty, but there is something there. It's it's not just made up. So I was happy to see that. Now Chris Christie might have been trying to stay on the good side of Trump because Trump might be coming after Chris Christie, and you know, federal agents going there and once you get past all the McDonald's rappers and everything like that, they try to find some classified documents of some sort.
Speaker 7: Now he's taking fat shots exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm just working Trump's side of the street. I guess that's the way you do things. You constantly body shame.
Speaker 7: People body shaming. That's where we're at, Michael.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this is Trump talking about Christy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Look, Chris is a slob. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: I stop it for a second. I need I need, I need to reset here, I need to resets.
Speaker 7: Are always off.
Speaker 3: My god, he starts with that, Chris is a slob.
Speaker 7: Okay, Chris is a slob, all right?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I like the way Trump always presents that as like evidence of something else. A person being overweight or having a thin neck, or not being able to hit golf ball very far, or being a slob is evidence of the other thing you're about to say. But anyway, let's get back to the response.
Speaker 4: Look, Chris is the slob. Everybody knows that. I know Chris better than anybody in the room. I always felt he was guilty. But what he did is he took the George Washington Bridge, which is very serious. He closed down the George Washington Bridge, and you had medical.
Speaker 10: People, you had ambulances caught up, you know this thing was closed down, and obviously.
Speaker 4: He knew about it, but he blamed the young lady that worked for him and another person, and they got into a lot of trouble. She ultimately was I don't know, exonerated, but she got out of it a little bit, but she went through hell. She was a young mother, nice person. I knew her a little bit. And another man went to jail and Chris got off. And so when I listened to Chris speak his hey, I say, oh, what about the George Washington Bridge? You know, tell me about the George Washington Bridge. He blamed other people. He knew all about it. So I don't know if they want to look at it. It's not for me.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get into at Bridgegate probably ever at this point. But Chris is a swob, as we all know, which has to do with what not exactly sure. Did you see the video of speaking to politicians and criticizing their body shapes and strength? Did you see the video of mom Dani trying to lift the weights? Just pathetic? I don't I can't imagine why he set himself up for that.
Speaker 6: And it was at some event called Men's Day in Brooklyn and yeah, like this was a display of guys showing off their strength and here comes this toothpick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So there's all these big giant dudes out there lifting weights and he's doing the political thing going around shaking babies and kissing hands and U and wants to get involved in the workout. Well he is he unaware of his own physical strength.
Speaker 7: Did he maybe think he could lift that? Well, he only got a root awake.
Speaker 3: If you're a regular gym goer, I've known at a glance what that weighs for I don't know forty years. If you go to the gym a lot, one plate on each side, an Olympic bar is going to be one hundred and thirty five pounds. Yeah, and you can either lift that or you can you get two plates on there. It's two twenty five. I mean, people just know this. If you go to Jim's a lot. Did he just not know? Apparently he did not know that. But anyway, he lays down underneath the bar, he really struggles. They have to help it up, help him get it up off his chest, or he would have dined. They should have just left him there. You're on your own, dude, he would have died under that thing.
Speaker 6: There was a guy on either side of the bar, and one standing directly over mom Donnie with both of his hands under I mean this, I don't even know if mom Donnie was.
Speaker 3: Touching it, But why did he set himself up for that ridicule? What an odd thing to do? That would be like would be an example of me? Uh, I don't know. I haven't played golf in twenty five years. If there's some golf of it, hey, oh, let me take a shot and just step up there, having not swung a golf club in a quarter of a cent. I'm setting myself up for ridicule by shanking it off, Which is why would I do that?
Speaker 6: Mab Do you think his ego's so big that that wasn't even on his radar? That maybe he could just go in there and the fact that he was there was cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's a weird one though, and it's not significant. I don't care how much some may can lift. I care about their brain and what their opinions are. But I just thought that was like such a weird self own. I'm happy it happened. He is a He is a scrawny little communist.
Speaker 7: Man got those weird little hands.
Speaker 3: I haven't noticed his tiny little.
Speaker 7: I have a hand, say, I have a weird thing about hands.
Speaker 6: And I just noticed, like the way he the way his mannerisms are.
Speaker 3: And uh, I've noticed how a lot of women do. Why why do a lot of women pay so much attention to men's hands.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I think I don't know. I actually I don't have an answer for that.
Speaker 3: I've known half a dozen women, kno have comments about men's hands.
Speaker 7: And you now you know more than that. I'm the same way.
Speaker 3: I never think about somebody's hands. I wonder if it's some sort of strength thing or I.
Speaker 6: Think there's a strength and cleanliness aspect cliness. Yeah, but like when you have like weak, little like soft looking hands on a dude, I'm sorry for you.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. Okay, we will finish strong next farm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 12: I don't think they were close friends or I certainly never witnessed the president in any of I don't recall it ever seeing him in his house.
Speaker 13: And did you ever hear mister Epstein or anybody say that President Trump had done anything inappropriate with Messuss or with anybody in your world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely never in any context.
Speaker 3: So that's Kleine Maxwell and the interview that she did with the number two who at the Justice Department, what a couple of Fridays ago, eight nine hours of questioning. Nobody's exactly sure why she was being questioned at all, but asked if Trump and Epstein how good of friends they were, she said, not close friends and she never saw Trump do anything inappropriate ever. Of course, the backstory is that she did that interview, said that, and like three days later got moved from a pretty serious prison to a club fed which is kind of like being at a community college campus. You're not allowed to leave as so far as the prison goes. So you know, there was some speculation that there was an exchange there. I don't know. I still don't have any Even back to Chris Christie, who hates Donald Trump, he was asked about this yesterday on ABC This Week, and he said, he said, I have no indication in all my years of being around Donald Trump that he's the kind of guy that would have been involved in this sort of stuff. Even Chris Christie said that. Anyway, I want to hear a little more from Maxwell. Does she think that Epstein killed himself or not?
Speaker 2: So you think he was? He was?
Speaker 3: He did not die by suicide given all the things we.
Speaker 8: Just talked about.
Speaker 12: Do you not believe that, paciously.
Speaker 14: And do you believe that? Do you have any speculation or view of who killed him?
Speaker 3: I don't, So she thinks Epstein did not kill himself, which is interesting. And she goes on to explain a little bit about the blackmail and how easy it is to get somebody killed in prison.
Speaker 14: If you don't believe that there's any truth to the allegations of blackmail, or that he had kind of a list, or that he had reasons to how people hate him, why would somebody kill him in prison?
Speaker 15: Where I am, they'll kill you before they don't pay. Somebody can pay a prisoner to kill you. Four twenty five daughter is worth of commissary. There's about the going rate for a hit with a lock today.
Speaker 14: So that goes to the third reason, which is kind of the mismanagement or the short fallings are shortcomings of the fear of prisons.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, well, she's been lying in her whole life, as we all know. She's a scumbag. She was finding teen troubled teen girls, underage teen girls and literally pimping them out, turning them into sex slaves, basically for Epstein for years. So she's a bad person, and she got convicted, and she was in a real prison. But would she have knowledge that the going rate for a hit in prison is twenty five dollars worth of stuff at the commissary. I just find that hard to believe. I would. I would feel like there'd be a lot more prison murders if it were that. I mean, she made it seem like it just constantly happening. People being killed. You only have to pay twenty five bucks. It's just so easy to kill somebody and you get away with it. I guess, I just I know what happens in prison, but it's not constant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I didn't like the way that that whole clip was kind of mapped to the way she said, well in prison where I am.
Speaker 7: It was just like a.
Speaker 6: Real SOB story almost right when she doesn't deserve that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't want to be in prison, Maybe don't find some troubled fifteen year old and set her up to be raped by an old prince.
Speaker 6: Prince Andrew, This is a I never really looked at the facility where she is. Now, you're right, it's a it's a it's a community college campus. She can't leave, Oh, sprawling grounds. I see a garden, some tables and shares with umbrellas.
Speaker 3: And you basically have like dorm rooms for your for your cells. Using my finger quotes, I know, I mean I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to be confined. Who would away from your family and all that. But I could spend the rest of my life somewhere there and be moderately happy, I mean, if I had to. Yeah, So what was that deal all about? Nobody's exactly sure. There's eight and a half hours of this audio tape. I've only heard those clips and it's been out since Friday, so I'm guessing there's nothing else there of any note, or you would have heard it already. And we don't have any idea if she's being honest or not, because she's a line scumback and she's going to say whatever benefits are the most, which is the problem with ever talking to people in prison. They got lots to gain by lying sometimes, so they do. I would like to know, Ay, she got moved from a real prison to the cushy prison though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you think it's that easy.
Speaker 3: To have somebody killed in prison? No? I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think so, twicks Worth of Commissary.
Speaker 3: I just I don't believe that we would know that, wouldn't we if it was that, If it was that Shawshank redemption in there.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, it would be I mean prison, Like you said, prison hits would be way more common if it was twenty five bucks a commissary, right did.
Speaker 3: There'd be protests and people standing up for it, and it would be an issue about what we need to do to make our prison step because I'm I am not while while I, on the one hand, I don't care much about what happens to scumbags. We can't have extrajudicial killings and rapings in that sort of stuff willy nilly, because that's that's not good for anybody. It's final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Use so well her.
Speaker 3: Comments and.
Speaker 2: Yes, closer Ah the show.
Speaker 3: Love that, huh, Blind Boys of Alabama. There here's your host for final thoughts, me Jack Armstrong is Joe's on vacation in Great Britain. Let's check in with our what do we call you? Technical director? Michael Aangelo this morning. Michael, what do you got for us?
Speaker 5: All I can say, Jack is I really wouldn't have blamed you if you had tipped over that boat, you know, on that old man. I think you were well within your right to tip over that boat on that guy.
Speaker 3: I almost did on accident. Well that's I mean, man, it's really easy to flip a sailboat.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was not wearing a life preserver. I'm swimming as fast as I can to save you. I really am. Here's her Katie Katy the news Lady Katie Green with a final thought.
Speaker 7: Mine's more of like a state. You never told us what you wore to your sailing.
Speaker 3: Oh. I just wore stuff to keep the sun off me because it was so sunny out. There's one hundred and four degrees in sunny.
Speaker 7: But all right, fair enough.
Speaker 3: But one of the old women who did show up, I was the youngest person there. One of the older women that showed up, she showed up in a I'm super cute sailor outfit. She had a little sailor skirt and a sailor hat and everything like that. She didn't come back for day two. I don't think it was quite as fun and relaxing as she was hoping, because it was not relaxing. Sailing is hard. Here's my final thought. Trump's meeting with the president of South Korea and wearing a Make America Shipbuilding Great Again hat? Did you know that South Korea is the number two shipbuilder in the world and we're doing deals with them to get our shipbuilding caught back up to speed. We'll probably have more details on that tomorrow. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. Buy some of our gear at Armstrong and Getty dot com. We'll see tomorrow. God Bliss America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: There have been so many magnificent moments on today's Armstrong and Getty show, perhaps none.
Speaker 2: Fine other than this.
Speaker 3: Yes, Michael has a question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you constantly hear the Benny Hill theme and you go through the streets.
Speaker 3: Of things like you're gonna lose it one.
Speaker 2: And a half speed?
Speaker 1: That's right, No, Michael, No, forgot so Armstrong and Getty