Speaker 1: I'm a homegirwl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: And everybody, you know, if you don't lie about that. Right, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 3: It's Lauren Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren and Rosa. This is your Deli dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room. So this is episode two from Ghana, not Day two. I've been here for some days with This is the second episode where I'm speaking to you guys from the Motherland, and we had a great night last night behind the scenes of the Grind. If I'm checking in, New Year's Eve came in amazing. Twenty twenty six is going to be a great year, and we kicked it off with some really great energy.
Speaker 2: I told you guys in our.
Speaker 3: Last episode, please go take a listen to our end of the year recap episode one if you haven't already. I told you guys in that episode that we were headed to a mountain area with Bozma Saint John of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and her feetyonce Keeley, who we talked a lot about on the Breakfast Club, and she talks a lot about him on the show as well too. But we got a chance to meet her family and just you know, some amazing people here in Ghana where she is from, and partake in dinner and fireworks as the new year came in. She gave like an amazing toast before we started the dinner, and I think it's a.
Speaker 2: Great way to kick off No matter of.
Speaker 3: Fact, we're not gonna kick off that episode with it, because I think it's very uplifting, very positive, and that's how I'm feeling behind the scenes to the grind. But we do got some news we got to get to that's breaking, So let's do that first, and then we'll end the episode with Bosma and maybe a little recap, maybe a little rewind, and throw it back to another one of our top ten episodes from twenty twenty five as we move forward into twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Now breaking news.
Speaker 3: I just actually reported on this story via x If you guys, of course want to follow me on social media, I'm Lauren L. Rosa everywhere that's r E N l O R O s A.
Speaker 2: So there was a document it's actually twenty two pages long.
Speaker 3: There was a federal civil rico that was filed on New Year's Eve, so not everybody's twenty twenty six is coming in as amazing as mine did.
Speaker 2: Against Drake Steak, which is.
Speaker 3: The online gambling platform Aiden Ross, who is a streamer, and a guy named George.
Speaker 2: A guy named George Nuegen. I'm probably saying his name wrong because y'all know I'm hord what names.
Speaker 3: But this class action Federal RICO is filed by two women out of Virginia, out of Alexandria, Virginia, who are alleging that Drake and others the other people named are using the tipping feature on the Steak website. First of all, they say Steak is just a bunch of bs anyway, That's what they alleged. And they alleged that because they feel as though it's not fair that someone like a Drake or an Aiden Ross can be given basically house money to then use to make money on the app, making it seem like they're gambling their actual money and winning money. And you know, but realistically, according to this lawsuit, in others file like this, this is not the first lawsuit claiming that specifically it's not fair because if what these consumers are alleging is happening, You're really not missing out on much because you're not gambling your own money in the beginning. So that's one part of it, but even bigger in this lawsuit, specifically, in this class action Federal Rico specifically, there are two plaintifs who say that Drake used a tipping feature to be able to transfer money as money was being made on this gambling website between him and other people mentioned in the lawsuit, which that money was then used to That money was then used to fund various things that helped to artificially inflate his streaming numbers.
Speaker 2: So it goes into a lot of detail.
Speaker 3: So here's exactly how the Here's exactly how the lawsuit reads. In addition, through stakes tipping function, defendants that's Drake, Aiden Raws, and the George Nuigian Guide have financed their combined artificial streaming boding to create fraudulent streams of Drake's music, fabricate popularity, disparage competitors and music label executives, distort recommendation algorithms, and distribute financing for all the foregoing while concealing the flow of funds. The filing continues to allege that at the heart of the scheme, Drake, acting directly and through willing and knowledgeable co conspirators, has deployed automated bots and streaming forums to artificially inflate play counts of his music across major platforms such as Spotify. These and authentic stremes, according to this lawsuit, injected via interstate digital pathways were calibrated to mislead royalty and recommendation engines manufactured popularity. So basically, everything that he accused Kendrick Lamar of doing, I'm sorry, everything he accused Universal Music Group of doing for Kendrick Lamar is not like us. There are these two women who are saying not only is who are alleging that not only a stake bs to consumers because you have these influencers and these big celebrities who are using money that isn't even theirs to then gamble and make money and encourage you to come and do it. But on top of that, there's money being transferred within that app which is encrypted, and it's you know, encrypted in a way where it's not knowledgeable to people that are not inside, Like it's an inside trader situation where they're able to transfer money between each other, which is disclosed. Those transfers are then used to set up these botforms and all these like you know, machines and engines to then inflate numbers according to them, and allegedly of Drake's music. Again, this is not the first class action lawsuit against Drake and Steak and you know claiming these things on the gambling side, but the claims of the bodying and the you know, fabricated streams and using Steak as basically like a front to be able to do that, to be able to hide the money that you're using to do that. This is the first of that nature. So there will be more on that for sure. I'll be back with more again if you guys want more news while I'm hearing Ghana, because you know, I'm ripping and running, bringing you guys as much as I can. Make sure you're also following me on social laur and the Rosa everywhere. Now, let's get back to a positive twenty twenty six for somebody for me. Okay, shout out to you know Drake's team, though I did reach out to his rep and they have no statement as of now, but they said that if anything was to come, they would let me know. Hopefully the boys having a good New Year. Let's bring it on back over to Ghana. Bozman Saint John before we kicked off our New Year's Eve dinner and before the fireworks happened here in Ghana, she gave an amazing speech.
Speaker 2: It's just about the table that she brought together to.
Speaker 3: Bring into the year and why it was so important for her and has been for years now, since the first year of the Big Return, which a lot of you guys will remember. I know Essence covered it like amazingly. That was the first time I'd ever heard of people coming over to Ghana for the holiday that weren't actually from Ghana. But let's say a listen to Bozma and I hope you guys are still enjoying your New Year. I'll be back tomorrow with another episode somewhere good rewinds. I tell y'all every episode, you guys could be anywhere with anybody talking about all these things, which y'all choose to be right here with me. And I appreciate you, guys, My low Riders. Check you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's.
Speaker 3: Laura La Rosa the latest with Laura le Rosea and today, as you guys see, I'm not outside of the court room. I am actually in the back of an suv because I left court trying to make my flight. But y'all know I am here to give y'all the latest because I had to get this update in. You know, your girl love to take y'all a court, lot to take y'all a court.
Speaker 1: So Kid Cutty took the stand today.
Speaker 3: As I've told you guys that they mentioned in court yesterday the testimony.
Speaker 1: Would be sure and it was very much that. It was very to the point of the.
Speaker 3: Alleged arson, a bit of background about the relationship.
Speaker 1: And then boomed moved on.
Speaker 3: So Kid Cutty took the stand as the prosecution as one of the prosecution's witnesses, and began to testify about an incident that he claims went down with him, Diddy and Cassie.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: He took the stand around ten forty am finished not too long after that. He says that he met Cassie some years back at an event in New York.
Speaker 1: They dated briefly in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: He says that he was aware that she was dating Diddy, however, well previous to him, because he says, look, I knew she was dating him before, but when you know, we linked up, she said that that was over, that was.
Speaker 1: Done with, so he thought that it was all go.
Speaker 3: So then the prosecutors asked him about an incident that took place at his home December twenty eleven where a police had to be called to his home and they asked him what was the incident. He says, someone broke into my house. Now, we have heard about this alleged arsonn incident for a very long time through civil lawsuits, through the indictments, but this was the first time me hearing this was the first time I heard about the home breaking, the alleged home breaking that he is also trying to connect to Diddy. So he says that somebody broke into his home, so police sad to be called to his house. He said he got a phone call at like five or six am from Cassie and she was, you know, very upset, and he could tell her she was very shaken, so he didn't know what was going on. But as they're on the phone, he says that Cassie says to him that Diddy had allegedly found out about them, and he's like, I was confused because at that point I really thought that she was no longer dealing with Diddy. So when he said that, I already knew where this was going because of how scared she sounded on the phone, especially because she was mentioning too that like Diddy had said that he was going to go to Kid Cutty's house and all these things. Allegedly, he was like, all right, I just want to go pick her up and make sure she was safe. Specifically, he said that she sounded stressed, nervous, and scared, so he says he went and picked her up. He took her to the Sunset Marque. The prosecutors asked him, okay, well why did you go to the Sunset Marquee. So he's like, you know, no reason, but the fact that that's just a hotel that I used to frequent.
Speaker 1: In LA And they're like, well, why did you go to a hotel?
Speaker 3: And he says, well, I took her to a hotel because I figured that.
Speaker 1: That would be safe, and they're like, what do you mean that would be safe?
Speaker 3: And he said that. He alleged that Cassie explained that did. He was really really upset that did he plan to go to his home? And he had already known the background info, or some background info of the domestic violence that Cassie was experiencing, because he says Cassie had actually come out and told him that Diddy would get physical with her. So he was like, you know, I was just nervous for her. So he got her.
Speaker 1: To the Sunset Marquee.
Speaker 3: They introduced Capricorn Clark again, who has been coming up in court almost every single day at this point, and Kid Cutting. So they asked Kit Cutty who was Capricorn Clark. So he's like, oh, that was a friend of Cassie's. So then they show a photo to him to identify her. They're like, okay, is this Capricorn Clark? Like yes, so they bring the photo up, they show the drawers and all of us the photo. So he's like, you know, they would all hang out a lot because she was a good friend of Cassie's. So the day that all of this happened, Capricorn Clark in him ended up on the phone. Capricorn Clark and Cutty ended up on the phone. The prosecutors asked him like okay, Well, normally when you talk to Capricorn Clark, how was it? He was like, oh, normally it's on speakerphone. And she was like, but what's her like demeanor? He was like, you know, normally, like just regular, like she's on speakerphone. You know, me and her and Cassie are talking and they say the night the day that all of this happened, that did he found out about all this stuff? And you know the alleged breaking and cops coming into your home. Then that time when all of this happened, how did her demeanor sound? And he said that she entered the phone and she and Capricorn Clark allegedly sounded very scared. He described it as Capricorn Clark being on the verge of tears. He says that while she was on the phone, Capricorn Clark told Old kit Cutty that she was allegedly forced to go with Diddy.
Speaker 1: She was forced into a.
Speaker 3: Car to go with Diddy to kit Cutty's house, and that Diddy was going to be at his house when he arrived there, our secutor said asked kit Cutty, like, well, how did did.
Speaker 1: He even know where to go?
Speaker 3: How did he know where your house was at in and he said, Cassie gave him my address. So, he says after he talked to Capricorn Clark, he then got in the car and went to his house like he wasn't duck in no smoke. He got in the car went to his house. While he's driving, he says he had Diddy's number and he called Diddy. Allegedly he said, I'm gonna be candid. I said, hey, motherfucker, you at my house and Diddy said, I just want to talk to you. And kit Cutty said, wal I'm on my way right now, and Diddy said, okay, I'm here waiting on you. Allegedly, so Diddy, he says, his voice was calm the whole time on the phone. It was a very calm demeanor, and kit Cutty was telling the prosecutors like, you know, because they asked him like did you have cameras out front of your house?
Speaker 1: And he's like, I did have cameras.
Speaker 3: But he alleges that when he got to his home, he realized that the cameras had been They normally angled down to the door, to the front door, and he realized that when he got to his house, the cameras were angling away from the door, so they didn't capture anything Quickarly, he was a legend that this was done because of whoever went into his home, and he alleges that Diddy was who went into his home. So he said when he got into his home, there were like some gifts that he had brought for his family from Chanel, so that stuff was opened. He said that his dog was allegedly locked up in a bathroom and that was weird because he normally lets his dog roam all over the house, like he never locks his dog in the bathroom. Now, the police at the police, the prosecutors asked, well, you know, after this incident, how was your dog like, how did your dog act? And he said, well, after this incident, my dog was like very jittery, very on edge all the time. So now kit Cutty leaves his home, he gets in his car, he's calling Diddy allegedly and he says Diddy.
Speaker 1: Answers, and kit Cutty was asking him like, yo, where you at? Did?
Speaker 3: He keep saying to him, I'm on my way. I'm on my way like Diddy is telling him allegedly, he's on his way to his home, and Kit Cutty hangs up and he's like, you know, I took a second and I thought about it because I started thinking to myself, I don't know who he's with, I don't know what he has on him, I don't know his intentions.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't make any sense for me to try and like try and find him right now, decided to just chill. He went back to his house and then he called police again. Now, when he called police, he did make a report for the break in, and he said he saw Cassie after that, after all of this, and that she was stressed out. Now that we move on, right, So now Christmas comes along. So after all of this, Cassie and Kid Cutty head to Cassie's parent home. Not too shortly after this, head to Cassie's parent home in Connecticut. Now we've heard about this visit to Cassie's parent home in Connecticut multiple times. We've heard about it from Cassie from her point of view. We've heard about it from Ki, his mother as well briefly, and now we're hearing about it from Kit Cutty. Now Kit Cutty is saying that she needed to be around family. He says while he was there, did he allegedly text him a few times? Because remember Diddy was saying, like I want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you. I want to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Because at this point, now Diddy is trying to have a conversation allegedly about what their relationship is, like.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, like I need to get to the bottom of it this.
Speaker 3: So kit Cutty is like, you know, did he allegedly text him a couple of times, but he didn't give them too much so it stopped. So then going into New Year's of January twenty twenty. January twenty twelve, their relationship like just dies out. Cassie on you Know, on her testimony, said that she broke up with him going into the New year. Kit Cutty said it just kind of like faded out, like they just stopped talking. And for him, he said, it was just a lot going on, Like he felt like it was best that they just stopped talking because it was a lot of drama. January twenty twelve, right, so we're into the new year, kick Cutty says he's at his ex girlfriend's sister souse just chilling and then he gets a call from his dog sitting around like six seven o'clock in the morning, and a dog sitter is like, hey, your car is on fire in the driveway.
Speaker 1: He's like what, So he goes home.
Speaker 3: While he's on his way home, he has one of his friends send him a photo of the damage of the car. Now here is the photos of some of the damage from the car. So as you see here you have his ragtop a Porsche at that time, he has a ragtop.
Speaker 1: The ragtop was split.
Speaker 3: He says it wasn't like this before he left his house, that it was split, and he did say that, of course, he felt.
Speaker 1: Like this was done on purpose.
Speaker 3: So he says that the top was split as we see, and a hottail was thrown into the car which then caused the fire. Fire, as we see, effected the immediate inside. It was drawn and a lot that was thrown on the driver's side of the car. So here's some of the damage. So the roof was cut on the soft top of the Porsche. There's smoke damage to the driver door. There's a seat burned up. So you gotta see the red has turned black on the driver's side.
Speaker 1: Kit Cutty said that when he got back home to his house.
Speaker 3: The cops were at his house when he arrived, and the cops had, you know, verified that the cocks that had been thrown into his car which caused the fire, and that they actually like showed it to him.
Speaker 1: Now when they asked him who.
Speaker 3: He thought was responsible, he of course said that he felt like it was intentional, and he you know, reiterated that he believes that the damage was intentional, and he said the last time he saw Cassie just in general, up until the day that we're seeing him on the stand was twenty twelve at the Soho House. Now, he then goes into this meeting that we've been hearing a lot about. So Cassie had testified that Diddy was still upset allegedly and wanted to sit down with her and Kit Cutty.
Speaker 1: So they sat down at a restaurant. Kitcutty is like, okay.
Speaker 3: We sat down at the Soho house, but before this, and this wasn't in twenty twelve, right, because in twenty twelve we ran into her at the Soho house. But they're like, wait, you were at the Soho house another time and you ran in the castie. Can you talk to us about that meeting. So he's like, it was the next day after the car on fire incident. He had reached out to Diddy because at this point, he says, he was just tired of all of the drama and he was like by the time it got to like the car getting set on fire, He's like, Yo, this is too much. We just need to talk. So he alleged he reached out to Diddy. They met up at the Soho house. He reached out his manager actually reached out to d Y, who we know has been identified as Diddy's security. So they meet up, he says, he alleges when he comes in the room they met in like a like a conference room in one of the Soho houses in La But he says that those conference rooms are not there anymore. But he comes in and he said, Diddy is standing allegedly at the window.
Speaker 1: There's like a huge window on one side of the room.
Speaker 3: Diddy is standing at the window with his hands behind his back like he was like a superhero, like a Marvel super villain.
Speaker 1: That's how he described that. Everybody in the court room of course to go laughing.
Speaker 3: So then they started having a conversation and he says, you know, from the conversation, the alleged conversation, he was able.
Speaker 1: To take away that Diddy felt away because they were homies at one point.
Speaker 3: And Kit Cutty is like, well, you know, I thought it was all fair game because I had been told that y'all were no longer together, that y'all had broken up, because that's what.
Speaker 1: Cassie had told me.
Speaker 3: So then he says, into that conversation, Cassie arrives into the meeting, and Ki Cutty, of course, he's like, y'all, I was upset because basically, like the story was fun to me, completely.
Speaker 1: Different, and you know, she was a little upset as well, but she was just explaining how they met, how they fell in love.
Speaker 3: And again, kick Cutty keeps missing that Diddy's demeanor allegedly was like really calm throughout all of this stuff. He said that his demeanor was calm during the meeting to the point where like it was almost like eerie a little bit.
Speaker 1: So then he.
Speaker 3: Says, at the end of the conversation, Kit Cutty is like, you know, he stood up. He allegedly goes to shake Diddy's hand because at this point, now in the the conversation. It's like, all right, whatever, we're moving on, and Ki Cutty's like, well, what about my car allegedly?
Speaker 1: And Diddy is like, I don't know what you're talking about. He says.
Speaker 3: A few of the years later, he saw Diddy at the Soho house again. Diddy was with his daughter, one of his daughters, and he came on to him and just apologized and was like, yo, man, I'm sorry for all that drama and blah blah blah blah blah, like all those things, and then the prosecution rushed.
Speaker 1: So Brian still comes on Cross.
Speaker 3: And he is asking questions instantly, right, He's like, okay, let's point to the fact that there were.
Speaker 1: Fingerprints and DNA took from the car.
Speaker 3: Correct, And Kit Cutty's like correct, and he's like, Brian still instantly points to Brian instantly points to the fact that there were allegedly findings that these DNA you know, and all that stuff pointed back.
Speaker 1: To a woman. So now we're all like, wait, what they objected it.
Speaker 3: He tried to act to the up bunch of different ways and it just it just was a mess.
Speaker 1: So we didn't really get too far on that.
Speaker 3: But Kit Cutty did say that he tried to stay in contact with the police so he could figure out, you know, more from the investigation and the information from the investigation, but he never gotten anything.
Speaker 1: He never got any more information.
Speaker 3: Then Kit Cutty goes into having the conversation about, you know, Brian still just establishing his career and all of the things, and he's like, you know, just making a point to let it be known that both of them were major music artists at the time, around twenty twelve, and he talks about the tour that Kid Cutty was on. But then he makes a point where I'm like, I get what they're trying to do, but I just, again, I don't know how this is gonna fare for the defense. Brian still makes it the point to bring up the burn the phone that Cassie had, which is what Cassie had admitted that she was communicating with Kit Cutty on while they were dating because she just didn't want Diddy to find out certain things or find out about him, because she just didn't think he would be safe and she just didn't want the drm of him finding out allegedly. But Brian still leaves with a mic drop of like she played both of y'all right, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, right, and that was it. That was all.
Speaker 3: Now from the prosecutor side, you're looking at this like, okay, slam dunk. We got Kitcutty on the sand testifying first hand. So what he went through, the alleged arson, the phone calls with Diddy, the back of her with Cassie, you know, and showing that you know, she was trying to get away but she just couldn't allegedly, and all these things on the defensive side, right with Brian still when he comes up, because he goes into this line of questioning about because Kit Cutty kept mentioning that Diddy.
Speaker 1: Was so calm. Diddy was so calm, Diddy was so calm.
Speaker 3: Right, and we had heard and other people's testimonies about Diddy allegedly carrying firearms and you know, just different things to intimidate and to get his way and to you know, do these different things.
Speaker 1: So Brian still asked him like, you know, you was willing to go.
Speaker 3: Meet up with him, you didn't wonder or think if he might have been carrying of firearm And he was like, didn't really think about it. And then he's like and you saying Diddy was like he was calm, He was calm and demeanor.
Speaker 1: He was like yeah.
Speaker 3: And then they talk about even the homebreaking, They're like, so there was no forced entry.
Speaker 1: They just left your door locked. What Brian still was trying to set up was.
Speaker 3: He was downplaying the you know, this big, crazy, aggressive in nature gun slinging man that the prosecution is trying to set up.
Speaker 1: Let me know how y'all feeling, y'all, how y'all feel like.
Speaker 3: This is gonna play me myself personally my point of view.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this.
Speaker 3: Like it pays a picture of an incident that happened, for sure, I think it would have been a lot more got him on Diddy for the prosecutors on Diddy, if they had been able to say that the DNA evidence came back and said or something on the cameras, or if there was a phone conversation or something that did he admit it to. I mean, you have Kit Cutty's testimony, of course, and he's there and he went through it. But kick Cutty didn't see Didd he throw that cocktail in his car that caused the fire. Kit cut he didn't see Diddy or anyone involved, you know what I mean, do these things. So it's like in the prosecution subtly, very subtly leaned into there was DNA allegedly.
Speaker 1: Found, even though they had to strike that right. Then they talked about.
Speaker 3: This calm demeanor, trying to make you know, did he not see like this big bad guy that the prosecution is trying to make.
Speaker 1: Him out to beat.
Speaker 3: We'll see you guys in the next episode. I tell you every episode because I really mean it. At the end of the day, there is always so much going on and so much to talk about. Y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about it, but you are right here with me every single episode, and I appreciate y'all. Let's keep going strong, little riders. Bring the people on in the community. Okay, Invite your homegirl, invite your bro. Everybody's asking about Biddy and let them know I'm right. I'm in the courthouse. I can bring you all the details right here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: To invite them.
Speaker 3: Tell a friend, to tell a friend it's the Ladies with Londa Rosa. I will see you guys in my next episode.
Speaker 1: M