Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on this Friday. It's a meat Friday.
Speaker 3: And what a great group again all three days, wonderful people lined up for a couple hours to be able to get in and uh, well, see if Fritzie wants.
Speaker 2: To hug them, have you gone out?
Speaker 4: And I got to hug very recently about two minutes ago and extended hug there.
Speaker 2: Did you ask about it or did somebody else ask you?
Speaker 4: It was initiated by the young lady in the front, and it lasted a little longer to the point where I thought I had to call my wife to explain that they had a situation.
Speaker 2: So wait, you're blaming her, not.
Speaker 4: Blaming her, But if it would have lasted three more seconds, I would have felt like I had to share something with my bride to let her know that we.
Speaker 2: Had a little moment.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I wouldn't feel guilty on the flight home.
Speaker 5: But it was very nice.
Speaker 4: She was very cordial and very sweet.
Speaker 6: And excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tom.
Speaker 6: And she said that I.
Speaker 4: Get picked on a lot, which was very nice that she acknowledged the bullying.
Speaker 5: That goes on in her.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, apreciate that at all.
Speaker 4: She said, we love you, even though they give you a hard time all the time, but.
Speaker 2: We love But why did you bring that? You didn't need to bring that up.
Speaker 4: Just now explaining what that I just it was part of the experience of the moment that.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like it was just initiated by it.
Speaker 3: I think you had a reason to bring that up to let everybody know you get picked on.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin, I.
Speaker 7: Want to feel bad for Fristy sometimes, but with this show, I always say, everybody here has a closed fist and sometimes we don't even swing.
Speaker 2: He just runs right right. That is that is true. That's very well said.
Speaker 3: Yes, like when you didn't think the Broncos had a first round draft pick while being a diehard Bronco fan, you walked right into my fist.
Speaker 4: The sad thing is we have computers and the Internet, and like I could have been a second just checked on my own instead of realizing if I just say that out loud, I'm gonna get crushed for that.
Speaker 5: For some reason, that that was accurate that the Broncos had a twenty.
Speaker 3: Like there's been mock drafts. Did you ever look at a mock draft and go, oh, wonder what they.
Speaker 2: I think I looked at one to nineteen. You've just missed. We missed the Broncos. By the way, it's a meat Friday.
Speaker 3: We have wings and the bar is famous for their flats, also cheese, curds and brats.
Speaker 2: Today. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No, boy, that's what I love here, all right? So day two, in case you're wondering, and I'm sure you are, who is going to draft Shador Sanders? ESPN and NFL Network spent a lot of time talking about a guy who didn't get drafted last night. So the Browns are the favorites, and I think they take him with the first pick of the second round. Then it's the Raiders, Saints, and then the Steelers, Jets and Rams distant third, a distant fourth. They're all tied at plus twelve hundred. But is there an over under PAULI today on when Shoudoor? Are we establishing an over under on when Shadoor Sanders gets drafted?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we haven't seen it this morning, but like you said, the second round starts with Brown's Texans, Titans, Browns again, Raiders, Patriots, Bears, Saints had the eighth pick of the second round.
Speaker 2: Jalen Milroe get drafted today.
Speaker 9: M hm.
Speaker 3: His odds to be taken by the Browns plus two hundred, mister irrelevant to be a quarterback plus eight hundred in case you were curious about that, All right, eight seven seven to three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show stat of the Day has always brought to you by apennin the America, the Official Trading Cards of the program. Pull question for hour two. Then we bring in our good friend Rick Neuheisel Seeton. Yeah, right now, we got up there long term. Who made the better move? The Browns or the Jaguars? Sixty seven percent say the Jaguars? Okay, right, okay? What else you're gonna put up something new?
Speaker 9: We're also putting up there right now. Who will be the NFL Rookie of the Year, cam Ward, Travis Hunter, Austin.
Speaker 2: Gent Okay or other or other? Yes as well? Right now?
Speaker 9: Fifty six percent of that vote has Travis Hunter, followed by Ashton genty okay, cam Ward zero percent.
Speaker 3: I have the over underpassing yards for cam Ward for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You guys want to take a.
Speaker 3: Guess over under. According to DraftKings, cam Ward rookie year, Marvin.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven hundred yards, Todd twenty seven to twelve one dollar twenty seven thirteen Paul twenty two fifty thirty two fifty thirty two hundred and fifty yards for cam Ward does not happen. Wow, what you're taking the under?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm going to take the under on that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Like, who's he throwing the ball to?
Speaker 6: In Tennessee?
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know. They got some guy, don't they? They have to Yeah, I think so. I think you have to ask.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think are we playing name your Titans wide receivers? We don't have time for that.
Speaker 2: Kevin Dyson, Calvin.
Speaker 8: Ridley, Tyler Lockett, Van Jefferson. Oh yeah, they just got Lockett, Traylon Burks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Burks is a.
Speaker 3: Former first run rack pick, right, all right, so he's got some guys to throw to. He is Rick Neuheisel, a former coach and uh he is hosting every round of the draft coverage here in Green Bay and throughout the year you can hear him hosting Full Ride on Serious XM College Sports Radio. Rick new Isael Jones is on the program here.
Speaker 5: That's t boy.
Speaker 2: How do we know it?
Speaker 5: How's everybody?
Speaker 2: My man? Buddy?
Speaker 10: How you been?
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Rick is hosting his radio show right now, right now while he's on my show. So nothing like working exactly. Thank you, Thank you for the respect. Great to see you. Let me ask you the question been asking everybody else. You're Cleveland, you're on the clock last night.
Speaker 2: You would have done what.
Speaker 10: I might have traded into the first round there for that thirty second pick, just switched with the Chiefs. I might have traded into that just because you get the fifth year. If in fact Shadur's the choice, you'd love to have a quarterback for that fifth year, and if he hits like you all hope that he will, then you've got an extra year to negotiate him being the franchise guy going forward. But that was the story of the draft. You know, the weight whether or not Shador is going to last. All the stories that were coming about about interviews and body language and things of that nature. At the end of the day, they're going to start looking now at the tape again and see that Shador Sanders is a courageous player.
Speaker 2: In the pocket.
Speaker 10: He stands in there and takes people right in his face and still throws accurately seventy four percent passer. In some ways, it is almost like they were teaching him a little lesson in human But now somebody wants to get a really good player.
Speaker 2: Would you have taken Travis Hunter if you're Cleveland?
Speaker 10: I think Travis Hunter is a unique athlete, and I thought that Andrew Berry the GM was going to take him when he called him the show Hey Atani of the NFL. I said, you can't say that about him and then not take him. But what he was doing was pitching that to some suitors because now he gets Jacksonville's I think first rounder next year, right, and they get Mason Graham, who helps make Miles Garrett a better player and more worth the money they just paid Miles Garrett because he's going to attract so.
Speaker 2: Much attention inside. So what would you have done?
Speaker 10: I like what Jackson did. I think Liam Cohen is a terrific young coach. The Tampa Bay offense is exhibit a of the evidence of that. I think he's got a star on both sides of the ball. We got a chance to interview Travis after he was selected. What a bright kid, an believably confident young man, and I mean that in a very kind way. But there's no question in my mind that he can play both sides of the ball if his body will hold up. And that will be interesting to see how they use him as the kind of the Swiss Army Knife of Jacksonville's franchise.
Speaker 3: But Daniel Jeremiah said that what the Browns were going to have him major in offense and minor in defense.
Speaker 10: That's right to go along with Jerry Judy. I think Liam Cohen, being an offensive guy, has got all sorts of plans for him offensively. But the one thing, and he knows this from his college coach Deon Sanders, you can play lockdown.
Speaker 2: He has the skill set. You just go lock that guy down.
Speaker 10: And to the gift for a defensive coordinator to have somebody that can take the number one receiver away, in particular into the boundary, you can play all sorts of other things with your ten other guys that can found aquarterback as long as you can take their alpha away. And I think Travis Hunter has the gifts to do that.
Speaker 3: We're talking to Rick new heisl the CBS Sports college football analyst former college head coach. When you see cam Ward in his grade this year, but if he was drafted last year, would have been maybe the sixth or seventh right quarterback. Okay, does it make sense for Tennessee to take a guy who would have been these sixth or seventh quarterback a year ago and you take him number one overall?
Speaker 10: It may not make sense to Tennessee, but it certainly did to Brian Callahan. He's got to have a guy. And Will Levis, for all his attributes, still has what I call a panic reflex when the bullets start flying in a pocket. There was a bit wanting to get the ball out and it was irresponsible. Too many turnovers, whether it was fumbles or interceptions.
Speaker 2: Cam War Is that fixable?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: Potentially?
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 10: I think Bo Nicks had that. I think Bo Nick's had that at Auburn, and I think it's calmed down at Oregon. Still was evident, but we just saw him emerge in the second half of the season last year with getting better and better. So uh yeah, I think it is fixable. It's gonna you have to really pound it with attention, and I don't know how much more many more snaps Will Levis is gonna get in Tennessee now that they've invested the way they have in ward.
Speaker 2: But if you watch ward, whether it.
Speaker 10: Be an incarnate word, Washington State or this last year at Miami, an unusual amount of calm, a Mahomesyan amount of calm in terms of just finding Houdini ways out of the pocket and making a play, sometimes to his detriment, making a turnover, and he'll have to correct that. But unusual poise in the in the pocket that when it, when it, you know, the house is on fire, or the houses on fire. He gets the baby out of the house, he gets it out. So I think it was a wise choice, the right choice given their situation. And I hope cam Ward I heard that thirty two fifty. I think that's probably about right. You guys are all. I think twenty seven hundred somewhere in there. I would have taken the over of all where you were. I would have said three thousands that I think the guys gifted. Give me the strategy you didn't like from last night.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh.
Speaker 10: You know they have dealt let Justin Fields walk out the door. They've let Russell Wilson walk out the door, Mason Rudolph comes back. He knows the culture, and no one has a more indoctrinated culture than the Pittsburgh Steelers. So I know they feel comfortable with Mason Rudolph, but they don't have a second round pick right now. What are they going to do if there's you know, Chador probably will be gone. I don't know if the kid from Louisville will be gone, Tyler Shuck. You know, it's a fascinating tale for the Steelers. I think Milroe would have been a great pick. They have played against Lamar Jackson for a number of years and know what kind of a headache that is, And especially now that you have dk Metcalf and Pickings as your alpha receivers, much like the Eagles have DeVante Smith and aj Brown. When you have those two guys and you always get single high because you have to have eight men in the box because the quarterback's a run threat, that's a nightmare. And the Eagles took it all the way to the National championship. And it's a case study right there with Jalen Hurts at Alabama as a sixty percent passer before he went to Oklahoma and now Milrose is sixty four sixty five percent. I know he's sixteen and eleven were not touchdown interception ratio this year, but last year it was like twenty something to eight. I think Milroe was worth something for the Steelers. I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to get to him because with those two alphas outsire as the receivers and his ability to throw the ball deep, he would have been a real weapon for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was told last night that the Steelers like the kid out of Louisville. Yeah, Tyler shuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they might that might be a third round pick for them, but I was.
Speaker 2: Told that they like him. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Listen to Saints are in the quarterback market. Obviously Cleveland's going to be in the quarterback market. I just for them to be without a second round pick makes me nervous for them.
Speaker 3: You normally give us a song when you see us in person.
Speaker 2: So this is how this worked, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 10: I get a call this morning, Hey, well, do you have your guitar like I travel like a bandolier, like, you know, with my guitar on my back. You know, Bob Dylan, you know, coming across the country. I said, thank goodness, I don't. Oh but we have one. But we have one. Yeah, we So I've got to.
Speaker 2: You've got a.
Speaker 10: Guitar here, So I penned a quick song. Okay, I penned a quick song. We'll see if this works, but you're gonna have to. And by the way, did you all know that I was born in Wisconsin, the son of Dick and Jane Newheisel.
Speaker 1: Dick and Jane new Heiseel.
Speaker 10: Dick is from Cashton, Jane is from Veroqua and both went to the University of Wisconsin. I was born right there in Madison and Madison General And when Dick Vermial and Brent Musburger I coached. My first game at Colorado was at Camp Randall against the Badgers. So you know, those two guys took Dick and Jane in a car for the sight seeing tour around the campus. He pointed out the hospital and said, that's where my mom said, that's where Rick was born, and my dad pointed at a Cadillac and that's where Rick was conceived. Oh whoa, that didn't go over so up, Jane, do you want to bring the microphone up there a little bit, Marvin, would you help?
Speaker 2: Come on, Marv, what.
Speaker 10: Are we doing here? So this given what a place last night? Little Diddy about Dion.
Speaker 11: And Song.
Speaker 10: They went last night thinking they were number one, No worries sor can still be a star. Just gonna have to start in the back seat of someone's car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, singing life goes on long after the thrill of being number one.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, singing store will go on. That's all root for the kid because he stur ain't number one. Something like that. You know, very little time, very little time.
Speaker 3: You're the John Lennon of former college coaches. I mean, just you whip that up outside. We hand you a guitar over here.
Speaker 10: Going I gotta have something that I can't When you have no talent, there has to be something that draws away from the fact that you have no talent.
Speaker 3: Well, you did give us Born in the Sec, Born in the SEC. That was a hit. That was a hit, That was great. Yeah, we had the Johnny Manziel tribute song as well, the Ballad of John Ballad of Johnny.
Speaker 10: Down in the West, down in the Bad Lens they call College Station lived a young Aggie named Johnny Manziel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Great to see you. Now you can go back to your.
Speaker 10: Show that I'm gonna go do my show. He is, Rick Neuheisel, You're the best. Thank you so much, Thank you, coach.
Speaker 3: I'm a good clip full ride on sirius XM College Sports Radio channel.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break.
Speaker 3: Lewis Riddick of the Mothership will stop by right after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Another drap night love you know, you know we had it all the inside it the pros, the pigs. If you missed anything podcasted on your favorite platform or just watch it on YouTube, just search FSR. Believe we are Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: We'll get some more phone calls coming up. I got a couple things right. I think I was on the Jackson Dart first Round bandwagon, uh pretty early, and Ashton gent was going to go to the Raiders, so I got those and cam Ward was gonna.
Speaker 2: Go number one overall. Nailed out, Yeah, nailed that one.
Speaker 3: I think I was the only one that got cam Ward going number one over on all those mock drafts.
Speaker 2: Yes, have you gone on there?
Speaker 8: If you like what the Giants are doing Wilson and Jackson Dart, you like that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would have gone for Jackson Dart to trade back in to go for him.
Speaker 2: If he would have fallen to me, then maybe I like Abdul Carter. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: But you got Russ and Jamis for a year or two and then Jackson. Now I do like Jackson Dart, but I don't know if you trade back in and it's a great name killer. And if you're going to be a quarterback, you're Jackson Dart, You're throwing darts. ESPN Draft day coverage continues tonight at seven Eastern and then Saturday at noon on the Mothership. Lewis Riddick part of the coverage. I don't think he's had much sleep.
Speaker 2: He worked the draft last night.
Speaker 3: Let's make way for ESPN's Lewis's ready, who joins us on the program?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm just I'm just I'm just kind of like I'm just kind of like making my way. Man, I'm a little bit like a zombie. So I apologize. How's everybody doing out there? I don't know they slept either, but you know they have They have a lot of things to be happy. What a great scene, by the way, last night, to go back, go pack, go chant.
Speaker 5: It's one of the iconic chants. Man, it was.
Speaker 12: It's such a cool scene. I just hope they can duplicate it tonight. We need the energy. How much sleep have you had?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 12: Man, it's hard to it's hard to like kind of like come down off of that because you know, you're so locked in for four or five hours straight you're analyzing every picture to answer your question. Maybe about three hours or so, three or four hours, it's about it.
Speaker 3: Sleep a little bit today, and then you get ready for I have no time.
Speaker 5: I have no time. I'm leaving you.
Speaker 12: I'm going to another production meeting and I'm gonna go to see rich Eysen. Then I have to get dressed and we have a car and then meetings. Yeah, this weekend, it's all go, man, I'll go.
Speaker 3: I'm a little worried about Mel Kiper with Shador Sanders not getting drafted last night.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mel When you know when when Mel, when Mel gets locked in, you know how that goes. He wants he believes what he believes, and that's part of like, that's part of draft evaluation, right, you get convicted on something, and you know, the one of the things you have to do. I guess, though, Dan, when you're when you're having when you're in the middle of the broadcast, is Look, these are these individual players moment in time that they're never gonna have again. So you don't want to rob anyone else of their time because you personally feel a certain way about maybe another player. And I think sometimes you know, fans can get they get annoyed at that, and I get that, And I know there were some people who were a little annoyed last night that they thought that after Cam got picked at our conversation quickly shifted to where's Shoudor.
Speaker 5: Gonna wind up going? And I get that, I understand it.
Speaker 12: But Mel's very he Look, he believes what he believes about shud Or the same way I believe what I believed about c J. Stroud and Jayden Daniels, you know, to the past two years. So we'll see how it all turns out.
Speaker 2: How surprised were you that he wasn't taken in the first round.
Speaker 12: Uh, I am, but I'm not because see I'm surprised because look, I know the football player. I know that this young man. If you strip away the fact that he's Shoudore Sanders and he's Deon Sanders's son, and that he is someone who is very confident, very self assured, someone who has lived a great life because of his father, has had a great life. That there are some people who just inherently are very jealous of that. And look, when you're talking about player evaluation, there is a subjective personal component to it. You cannot it's hard for a guy. Look, they're human beings who are evaluating these guys and human beings who are picking them. And sometimes if someone comes off the wrong way to you or you don't like it, it just doesn't jive with you, it's going to affect your evaluation. But the evaluation on the football field cannot be disputed. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the country. There are many people who would tell you, look, throw for throw, he can match up with anybody in this draft, whether that's Cam whether that's Jackson Darr, whether that's Tyler he can match up throw for throw. He had no help at Colorado, no offensive line like he had more free runners come at him over the past two years in any quarterback in FBS. But still he slid. So what does that tell you? There's there's some things that people just don't like or don't feel our worth first round value.
Speaker 5: He's gonna get picked today. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 12: If you thought he had a chip on his shoulder before, if you thought he was a little bit surly before, look out, give me.
Speaker 2: The draft Knight strategy. You didn't understand.
Speaker 12: I didn't understand, you know, I think, look, I understand why. I think the one that was probably a little bit of a of a risk. Look, I mean Atlanta gave up a lot to move up in order to draft James Pierce. Okay, who had some concerns about you know, just are you gonna be able to trust James Pierce to do the right things all the time and be a dependable player and really fix the number one thing that has haunted Atlanta over the past four years, which is they just can't rush the passing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just can't.
Speaker 12: James Pierce is like Javon Kurse, though in terms of athletic ability six five to forty five runs four four seven. I mean, that's ridiculous, but it's that. But that's that's not really what determined success and failure all the time. It's about doing the right thing, being consistent and all that. So the price that they paid in order to get him. Look, I understand like when you're trying to get pass rushers, you're trying to get difference makers that you will you will sometimes go above and beyond which you originally thought you would. I just hope that play that pans out for Rahimuh and the crew and Terry font know to GM down there in Atlanta because they need him to.
Speaker 5: Hit big, real big.
Speaker 2: I thought the Steelers were going to take a running back.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't have Nagee Harris, right, they'd love to run the football, true, but you.
Speaker 12: Know what cam Habard's getting is getting older. The defense, although it has been like their bedrock, they need to replenish it.
Speaker 5: I get what I'm when I'm.
Speaker 2: Surprised, you don't you don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 12: Look and I'm not I'm not really defending them. I'm just kind of like trying to look at it through their eyes. Look, Derek Harmon has to be big time for them. He has to be the next game Cam Hayward. He has to be the next Aaron Smith, all those guys that were there and that played great football and helped them win super Bowls and be, you know, perennial super bowl contenders.
Speaker 5: Look, I agree with you, though I agree with you. What are they going to do at quarterback?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: It's it's Aaron Rodgers or bust.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 5: And that is a hell of a position to be in. Would you want to count on that?
Speaker 2: No? Would you want to.
Speaker 12: Count on him making a decision anytime soon? Does he sound like someone who wants to make a decision anytime soon? Absolutely not. And they're not going anywhere with Mason Rudolph. As much as I respect Mason.
Speaker 3: Rudolph, I was told last night they liked the quarterback out of Louisville Tyler Shuck.
Speaker 5: Look, I think he's.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 12: You know, he's still He's still a guy who will be a two contract quarterback. He'll play ten fifteen years in the NFL. All the medical checks that he has had, Yeah, you know, because that's the other thing that people worry about the injuries that he had. Look, he broke his collarbone twice running the football, got hit right on it, had someone roll on his ankle, fracture his lower leg. Those are things that can happen to any quarter You can't you can't prevent that. So he's not injury prone.
Speaker 5: But I will tell you this, what he is is maybe.
Speaker 12: Maybe the most throw for throw, most talented thrower in his draft is what he is. He can throw the football right alongside Milroe, cam Chador, Jackson, all of them. You just haven't heard about him. And he's been tutored by Jeff and Brian Brohm down there in Louisville. There aren't any better quarterback tutors in college football. Wherever he goes, just remember that name, Remember Tyler Shuck's name. He is going to surprise the entire NFL in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: He's got a spell his name differently. I think.
Speaker 5: S H O U g H does not sound like Shuck, does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, our quarterback Shucks. He's Lewis Riddick of the Mothership joining us and of course the draft A coverage continues tonight at seven eastern.
Speaker 2: The Rookie of the Year will be who It'll be.
Speaker 12: Travis Hunter. He's just I said it when I was out there at his pro day. In all my years of football, I used to come up here to Green Bay. My cousin was Tim Lewis, who was drafted here in nineteen eighty three as the first round pick, the eleventh overall pick. I used to come up here and train with him in the summertime. So I was around James Lofton. I've been around Andre Reid and Buffalo and my brother played there when James Laughton was there. I played with Jerry Rice, played against Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, all these dudes. I have never seen hand eye coordination like Travis Hunter in my life. He is He's the natural. He's just a natural athlete. He's a natural football player, and he's a guy who, look, he's gonna change the game. And James Gladstone, the GM of the Jaguars, talked about that that this is a guy who's probably, when it's all said and done, is going to redefine how we evaluate football players. And maybe you know, he will be the standard by which a lot of guys, especially at skill positions, are going to be are going to be judged from now on. He's got a tremendous cardiovascular engine that I'd love to see him take one of those tests like Lance Armstrong took one of those VO two max tests because what he did at Colorado and you're not so human. Beings aren't supposed to be able to do, especially not at out.
Speaker 2: That you like to Yeah, I'm going to say that.
Speaker 12: And when I watched him catching the ball out there at out there in Boulder, he didn't he didn't wear gloves. Everybody wears gloves nowadays, right, you know that the technology not with gloves. You just put your hand up there. It just the ball just sticks to it. He had no gloves on. And I'm telling you, Chador was humming that football and you would just hear it as if it you were throwing that ball into a pillow.
Speaker 5: You heard nothing. He wasn't even looking.
Speaker 12: It was just like like it was just like and all just a sudden, you're looking at My mouth is dropped open, like what is happening to me?
Speaker 3: But you're giving all of this credit and praise? Did Cleveland make a mistake?
Speaker 5: I would have taken him if I was Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would have taken.
Speaker 12: Him for a number of reasons. One, he's gonna put people in the stands. You're gonna want to go. You're gonna want to go see Travis the same way people when I played with Dion wanted to come watch Deon Sanders play.
Speaker 5: It was a show. I mean you know what that was like.
Speaker 12: Every time he touched the ball, you were like, this, dude's about to do something that's gonna be on Sports Center.
Speaker 2: But Dion could have done this, done what played both ways?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he could have. He could have And you know what, and Travis.
Speaker 12: Travis is not gonna play one hundred and twenty five hundred and thirty snaps combined offense defense every game. He can't do that in the NFL. You can do that in college, you can't do that in the NFL. And besides, you'll probably burn him out by about.
Speaker 5: Three or four years. Anyway, do you really want to do that to me?
Speaker 12: It's probably going to be like a sixty forty seventy thirty split in terms of percentage seventy percent offense thirty percent defense. Make sure he's on the field on all third downs, all two minute situations. Somebody has an alpha receiver, put him on him. But what on offense? Look in Jacksonville, Trevor Lawrence is like, please put that guy in the field with me, him and Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 5: Come on, that's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: But you wouldn't You wouldn't take a wide receiver number two, and you wouldn't take a defensive back number two.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 12: I played with Eric Turner in Cleveland, who Bill Belichick drafted number two overall ninety one. And I would take any position on offense that could produce explosive plays and put points on the board and change the game at the drop of a hat. Why so I would take it. I would take Ashton gent number two. Look, the games the game is about. The game is about explosive plays and how quickly can you score, how quickly can you alter the game? That's what everybody wants. And I don't care where I get that from. Look, Aston, Jensy is one of one. Is one of one. Also, just like Travis's Aston, I believe if he went to a place that had a regular relatively let's just say, top twelve, top ten to twelve offensive line Aston genty I think could break Eric Dickerson's rookie Russian record. He can go over eighteen hundred yards. If you see him, how he's put together, he can handle the load. It's this whether or not you're gonna give him enough opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: If he ran behind the Eagles offensively.
Speaker 12: He's easy over to easily, easily, easily, easily. He's not as fast as Saquan. But I'm telling you this, dude, when you see him, who would you rather have Saquon? Because he's a little bigger and faster, a little bit fast. Well, I mean Saquon's four to three, Ashton's probably like four to four to one.
Speaker 5: But they're both great people.
Speaker 2: See the difference in four to three and four to four.
Speaker 12: I don't know you asked me to make a choice, man, but I'm just saying no.
Speaker 2: You know what we caught number.
Speaker 12: You know what's wild is like when you know when they do it at the draft when they super imposed guys running forties. You see, like the difference between four four four four one and four three five is like a full stride.
Speaker 5: So that's the difference.
Speaker 12: Between the guy, you know, like like a wide receiver, for instance, being even with the defensive back versus a quarterback looking at him, going he's got a full half yard to a yard of separation, I'm gonna throw it to him, or now it looks like he's even I'm not gonna That's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's literally a step. Jerry Rice ran a four to six forty.
Speaker 12: You know what though on the field and there is there is football, no question and regular at track speed, right, there's no question. Just Jerry didn't get caught from behind. Never look Jerry. I played everything with Jerry was full speed. I have so many funny stories about Jerry Rice and when we played against him.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he is. You know what else was like that? If Michael Irvin didn't run four four four three.
Speaker 12: But you have very very very rarely saw anybody catching him from behind either. Now, what's interest, right, there's there's some speculation about like the wide receiver that the Packers draft, the number one overall, Matthew Golden. Golden ran high four to two on the on the field, you look at him and go, is he really that fast?
Speaker 5: Does he look that fat?
Speaker 12: But I'll tell you now, as the season went on down there in Texas, and he got more comfortable with the offense. He looked for to in the beginning of the season, he didn't so a lot of times. You know, how a guy plays on the field versus how he times on a track is a function of how comfortable are you with the offense that you're running, How confident do you feel.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a lot of different things that go into that.
Speaker 12: But by the way, I love Matthew Golden, by the way, and Steve Sarkisian told me, Sark told me just yesterday. Sark told me just yesterday. Wherever he goes, he is a character guy, a culture builder. He'll do exactly what you want. And he's got so much runway ahead of him. And so for the packers that pay, I mean, it was this perfect. There was a perfect match between this organization and him.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 2: It's good to see him. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Thanks for all your contributions always, man, whenever we called, you were available to help make us smarter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: He's Lewis Riddick of the Mothership. We'll take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of the Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP.
Speaker 3: I want to thank the bar for hosting us this week. I want to thank the audience for showing up every single day. A spirited group. Been a lot of fun here, a lot of fun. But thank you for hosting us. And this is your super Bowl and you certainly showed out great last night. The atmosphere and there was almost a WWE feel last night when Mark Murphy got up there and he said this for.
Speaker 13: The first time since two thousand.
Speaker 2: Saver, listen to this crowd. Oh baby, Matthew.
Speaker 9: Golden, why Texas.
Speaker 2: Hon he's here? Pretty good? Yeah, Marvin Man.
Speaker 7: Last night DP, that was like w W when the glass breaks. Oh, it's stone cold. He believe it died him mighty, he's wailing on the lock. I can't even believe it's stone cold.
Speaker 2: The crowd did go crazy.
Speaker 6: They were like, for the first time the two thousand ton saying us here, you can't say him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: We went out the whole backroom, guys and some of us went out for haibachi before the draft, which is a classic.
Speaker 2: Moving green Beck. Of course, they're known for their hot beta Hibachi. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 8: The guy doing hibachi was singing almost the entire time, and he was like, really, Marve, he was really good, right, he was very good. But he and Marv started going back and forth on him pop songs from the nineties two thousands, and it was like, I wish we had a film of it.
Speaker 7: Man, it was like hibachi idol last night.
Speaker 2: I like he was on fire. What were you singing? He was singing?
Speaker 7: He started, you know, he started, you know you want steak and shrimp? Yes, it's seven o'clock on the dog in my drap.
Speaker 2: He goes, what cruise in the streets? Little duet? Okay?
Speaker 7: We piccher de Ray asked if he knew any haul of notes. He goes, I'm not that a little.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's Fritzy's wheel helm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was disappointed.
Speaker 5: But he had a beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But did you sing along with him?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to share the spotlight and he was doing his thing and some of the songs I didn't know the words too that he was singing, but he was by.
Speaker 3: The way seating and I went out to dinner last night. We went to a place called the Iron Duck and it was awesome. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, we had a nice time. We shared some laughs, yeah, and uh, you know, just some bonding. Well he's my favorite dan out so he was last night.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We just had fun. We laughed at it. We finished each other's sentences.
Speaker 9: You know, we did this thing with the dessert where we wrapped our arms yeah, around each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anywhere it was nice. Anywhere it was nice. And then guys are a spaghetti thing Lady the tramp.
Speaker 3: No, no, but we Uh they brought out some Pappy van Winkle bourbon, and that's when the night started to change.
Speaker 2: Got the So what do you guys saying one morning?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Well Seaton wasn't drinking, so he was driving the Maco van. You guys go aheads go nuts. I said, we're good. Ye doesn't need a driver. Yeah. I liked happy to be that.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's why I brought him out to dinner, so I had somebody who could drive me home.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Jeff and Tampa, Hi, Jeff, what's on your mind today? O?
Speaker 13: The morning's repeat.
Speaker 11: I just want to bet you guys bringing the heat this Oh green Blay the fantastic pictures. You got to sit on your a game. But as a Bears fan, I was hoping you could maybe make me kiel a little better about pastor over time of war. I mean, you have so many great performances all year.
Speaker 3: I think I think, hey, Jeff, I think your cat wants to eat. Yeah, hey, why don't you feed your cat? Okay, poor little guys there, but thank you.
Speaker 9: You know, Jeff just reminded me of We got back to the hotel last night and there were some people who had been enjoying the first round of the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, we'll say, and yeah.
Speaker 9: It's funny when you're walking with Dan, you sometimes and you could see people see you before you've seen that they've seen you, if.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 9: And then I see this dude doing that like sort of staggering, wobbling like an infant trying to stand for the first time, and he's going that company famous.
Speaker 2: Get him.
Speaker 5: You can't believe it. You get me right up, you can't be right up.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, he's trying to get his camera out to take a picture.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, you want me to handle that for you? Because he was It was the other way it was yeah, yes, and that was Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 9: It's so awesome watching my guy try to stand like he's on a surfboard.
Speaker 2: Andrew in Washington, Hi Andrew, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: Good morning, DP, and Happy meat Friday.
Speaker 11: Dan.
Speaker 14: I just got done feeding my cap so you won't hear them in the background. Hey, I wanted to see if Paulie wanted to extend our Draft day tie of the face bet to the second round. Our bet was I had more running back to take it. In the first round, he had more quarterbacks. We tied. There's no pie, But does he want to go into the second round and see if that bet can continue?
Speaker 2: Which side are you taking? H?
Speaker 14: I think more running backs. I'm gonna stick with my running backs. I had him you keep quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think you're going to be right. I can't take the bet.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you, Andrew. Let me see Tom in North Carolina.
Speaker 13: Hi, Tom, Hey, DP, I want to give you a shout out for that Jackson Dark pick and also Marv Mark.
Speaker 15: They almost went. I think the Giants were thinking that they that the Rams were going to pick it. So they jumped in front with that trade to use trade from Houston, and so they were thinking that the Rams we're going to take it. So I'll get it. Give him kudos for that. And also as a Giant fan. Now I'm feeling some of Fritzy's pain of having Russell Wilson there. So is that going to be is he is going to be a journeyman.
Speaker 13: Until he retires?
Speaker 2: Probably so?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it's still an upgrade. But you brought in Jamis Winston and then you've in jack.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: Just if you're going to draft a quarterback, then maybe not bring in Jameis Winston. And if you want to have Jackson Dart and he's going to be there for a year watching great, But and you went up to get him and maybe maybe they realized that somebody else was going to take Jackson dark So I sort of get that seat.
Speaker 2: Would you update the poll results from hour two? Sure?
Speaker 14: Will?
Speaker 3: I can smell the bronze by the way, yeah, that can. Long term, we got rhyme time with Fritzy coming up in the final hour of the program. I think, so it's rime time ish there. There's a couple of people that are interested in this, You want to wait until next hour, top the next hour to update.
Speaker 2: The poll results there.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay, Todd's got rhyme time coming up, and uh, that'll keep that'll keep people here. Tom Pelsero and I Felt Network will join us as well. He's an insider and he'll join us inside here at the bar final hour on this meet Friday, right after this