Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's check in with our Bailly Lipschultz for a check on some market movers.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Comcasts. Why not Comcast shares right now up about eight percent, ticker CMCSA again planning another spin off. I want to call out a Bloomberg News headline saying Comcast plans another spinoff, marking end of cable media empire. I just want to say, maybe they'll get back together. Who write off exact that this is the final move? Interestingly, just looking through some of the analyst notes analysts over at New Street basically saying this is the only way to unlock value. Move precursor to allowing Comcasts to focus on its own mergers and acquisitions, both in the cable and media sector. Again, to catch back up on everything that's going on, Comcast spinning off NBCUniversal and Sky. As Paul had mentioned about it an hour ago, kind of the writing was on the wall to a certain extent. Try to create two businesses that can kind of own their own area. Or at least try to.
Speaker 4: You know. It's just in a group chat with some of my former Wall Street buddies were like, Hey, all the bankers that were on the deal to put it together, they're not around. But then I said, no, Paul Taubman is still there and he's advising on this one. So it was a Morgan Stanley back in the day there. So the next generation of bankers and lawyers getting paid by the Roberts family. All right, what else you have for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to look at telecomstocks, focusing on Verizon ticker VZ right now down more than seven and a half percent. That's the biggest intri day drop since last March. Also call out weakness T Mobile tmus down more than six percent, and at and T ticker simply T down more than six percent. This comes after kind of a flurry of headlines. But I want to focus on the Bloomberg News report that SpaceX and Charter Communications held executive level talks about partnering on a consumer mobile phone offering oh fast would compete with them. This goes back to kind of a big part of the pitch from Elon Musk and the team over at SpaceX that in the future maybe we will all be using some form of SpaceX direct satellite direct a phone operation, the big thing, Bloomberg Intelligence, John Butler kind of calling out, and some of these others basically saying SpaceX has key constraints. The current technology not able to really work in densely populated areas. You have suburban traffic being competing for that, and also the fact that when you're in a building like our lovely tower, you're not actually kind of in line of the sky. So SpaceX really is something that's kind of been able to dominate.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I talk to people who own boats and go fishing and using that to have direct access.
Speaker 1: You're right about that, because I have Team Mobile and there are places where I don't have any coverage, any reception, and I am able to use satellite, but even that can be really difficult to figure out how to get that reception because it's hard to find.
Speaker 4: I'll identify a dead zone that's been there since the beginning of wireless solar or telephone service. That is the between Short Hills, New Jersey and Summit, New Jersey. On the train you lose, it's the dead spot. I'm like there's a good jillion billionaires living there. They can't put up a tower in some of his backyard.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that when I was in Japan, you don't lose reception from station to station. Here in New York, I get on the train, I'm just like in a black hole. You get stuck between stops on the f train. You could be dead anyway.
Speaker 1: Trying Metro North, which should be able to get reception, and it doesn't have the time. So because we're outside somewhere.
Speaker 3: To do something, all right, exactly, so we do something to be one more hair, Yeah, one more Delac ticker DK right now up about eight percent. That's trading at the highest level since September twenty eighteen. TD upgrading the shares alongside PBF Energy, saying that there's a strong refining outlook small refineries exemptions from the USAPA, which according to the analysts over at TD could provide up to eighteen dollars per share in upside and help drive free cash flow growth. Just also calling out that we are seeing some of those refining stocks really rallying. A Bloomberg Intelligence basket up more than five percent on the day.
Speaker 2: Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.